[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: ElIrwE-XIAE58gA.jpg (129 KB, 1911x1615)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
Now that the dust has settled, what do you think of it?
>>
>>45499470
SNES BUTTONS
>>
>>45499470
Pokemon Armor and Pokemon Crown were a bit more interesting.
>>
>>45499470
Could of been worse, wouldnt replay it, get Ohmori the fuck out for next game
Honest opinion dont buy the dlc unless you care about legendaries, otherwise it gets old REALLY fast, not too much to do
>>
>>45499470
DLC was kinda shitty, and very short, but at least it opens up a lot of possibilities for new team members when replaying it. Right now I'm having fun using Lopunny, Magnemite, Staryu, and Swablu
>>
The dlc should have been in the base game.
>>
>>45499478
Swap sword and crown icons and then this would be accurate
>>
>>45499470
Story mode was trash and the slowdowns are a pain in the ass but otherwise pretty damn solid. Excited to see where they go from here, as they're pretty good at squeezing power out of a platform.
>>
>>45499566
Okay, but can you at least admit that the dex cut, move cut, and forced EXP share are valid criticisms?
>>
>>45499470
Why did they design Calyrex, Zamazenta, and Zacian around Crown, Shield, and Sword motifs, but the isle of Armor mascot is based on wushu kingfu instead of something armor related?
>>
mediocre
my hopes dwindle every second
>>
File: 1583705620406.gif (2.52 MB, 424x233)
2.52 MB
2.52 MB GIF
>>45499470
i still didn't buy it
>>
Stop making this thread
>>
>>45499615
>Stop making this thread
>proceeds to bump it
>>
>>45499621
I didn’t make a bait thread for the thousandth time so my fellow dejected dexcels could chime in about how poor and contrarian they are
>>
Might as well ask here.
I'm playing Sw/Sh for the first time. What are some good challenge runs where I'm not limited to autistic choices like CAN YOU BEAT ____ WITH ONLY A MAGIKARP or typical Nuzlocke rules (because I don't want to do limit Pokemon variety or start the game over if I game over at the elite 4 or something) but still make me think a little bit more than average? Played XY/ORAS/SM with no exp share, no megas/z-moves, no items, Set etc. and XY were still piss easy but ORAS/SM got really fun at the E4/Champion and actually made me game over a couple times.
For Sw/Sh I already am doing
>no dynamax
>ditch starter
>no items in battle
>Set
>minimal trainers
>no legends
What else could be cool?
e.g.
>Wonder trades only (appropriate level ofc)
>only use 2 Pokemon max initially and add a party member per gym
etc.
What's worked for you guys?
>>
>>45499633
Don't use the same move twice in a row
>>
>>45499470
Garbage. I hope gen 9 is better, but I’m not holding my breath. You bought it anyway, why would they change anything?
>>
>>45499503
Is it worth it if you got the base game for $20?
>>
>>45499539
This
>>
>>45499653
i mean yeah sure from 60 to 20 id say thats a good deal even if you buy the dlc
>>
File: i kneel my king.png (661 KB, 1350x727)
661 KB
661 KB PNG
>>45499470
>The Isle of Armor and the Crown Tundra are supposedly their own version of games but cheaper and less stuff
>The mascot Pokémon for both DLC are basically their own versions exclusives
>Instead of including two new legendary Pokémon that are related with each other, it's going to be one legendary Pokémon and it will have two forms, but, choosing one will lock out the other and the only way to get the other is by trading

So this mean that we are basically picking our versions exclusive to what's our favorite legendary is. Instead of saying, "Reshiram is my favorite, I'll pick Black" or "Zekrom is the coolest, going with White", it's "Shadow Calyrex is my favorite, I'll pick Spectrier" or "Ice Calyrex is the coolest, going with Glastrier"

This mean that the next time we have DLC for future games, it's going to be the same thing. Let's say the next DLC Pokémon is a Dragon type legendary and through your choices, you have to decide which form you prefer? Will you pick the Dragon/Psychic type form or the Dragon/Fairy form?
>>
>>45499633
>Wonder trades only
Nah, don't do that. Wonder trades in this game don't happen instantly, so you'll get bored waiting for the trade to happen
>>
>>45499470
If all this was in the base game and Pokémon following was everywhere, I’d say it’s the best game since bw2. But it’s not and it’s shit
>>
File: 1551414666888.jpg (41 KB, 640x360)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
Still missing Pokemon
>>
Didn't play it.
I remember back when people were "leaking" that Pokemon "Crown and Scepter" would have a Kalos postgame. Better times.
>>
>>45499586
Urshifu clearly has elements inspired by suits of armor as well, his fur resembles a tabard. I always thought he looks like a Paladin or Knight mixed with a monk.
>>
>>45499470
It's trash as usual.
>>
>>45499686
>Will you pick the Dragon/Psychic type form or the Dragon/Fairy form?
I pick both because the system i'm playing it on allows for multiple profiles so i can get whatever i like.
>>
>>45499470
If IoA and CT were not post-game but spread out during the main game, it would be the best Pokemon game ever.
>>
>>45500461
you can do them literally whenever you want.
>>
>>45499580
No.
Dexcut is a non-issue with that much Pokemon.
NPC teams are on the same lvl as yours so Exp Share doesn't actually matter. (Exp Charm though is shit)
Move cut is a valid complaint.
>>
>>45499580
>FLUDD WAS IN SUNSHINE AND NOT IN ODYSSEY ME VALID CRITICISM NOW GUYS?
pokemon fans are clowns.
>>
>>45500462
Everything in CT is at lvl 60
IoA gives you Exp Charm from the beginning.
So no, you can't.
>>
>>45500487
you don't have to walk into the dojo to do anything in IoA and you can still do Dynamax Adventure in CT from the start.
>>
>>45500491
And get lvl60 legendaries. That's exactly what I said. Thanks for approving my point.
>>
>>45500496
>And get lvl60 legendaries.
Yeah? And?
>>
>>45500562
>What about living dex fags?
What about them?

How does them having all their .pngs in a single game improve the quality of the game?
>>
>>45500564
https://archive.nyafuu.org/vp/thread/44835246/#q44838965
Some people genuinely enjoy the collecting aspect of pokemon
>>
>>45500586
Again, how does having all your .pngs in a single game improve the quality of the game? It's not like your collection stops existing the second you can't put everything in one game.
>>
>>45500591
Ever consider the fact that some people wanted to have the gen 8 mons in the same game as all of the gens 1-7 mons
>>
>>45500595
>Ever consider the fact that some people wanted to have the gen 8 mons in the same game
Why?
>>
>>45500487
So catch a level 70 legendary and move forward, you fucking retard
>>
>never again will a single pokemon game be able to hold all the pokemon
Gen 8 is shit and so is every other generation that follows. Thank god I started pirating these games years ago.
>>
>>45499470
>Everything surrounding the competitive side and QoL
Very good

>Everything else
Very shit
>>
>>45499470
Very mediocre and rushed as fuck. Not that I didn't enjoy some aspects of the game/characters and the QoL updates, but as far Pokémon games go, they're way below average.
They're even worse if you compare them to other RPGs on Switch or in general really.

The only people I could excuse who genuinely think these games are "good" are those who have never touched a Pokémon game before.
>>
>>45500628
>They're even worse if you compare them to other RPGs on Switch or in general really.
What other RPGs on the Switch have PvP and PvE multiplayer with 600+ usable characters on top of a campaign?
>>
>>45499633
Rotation Run
>Catch the first Pokemon on each route (or don't, I don't care)
>After every gym, you must box your top 3 highest levels from your party. You can't use them again until you beat the next gym.

Limit Party Run
>Can only have 4 max in your party (works better with the newer games since HM management is a bitch)
>>
>>45500631
Temtem.
>>
>>45500631
None, you're right. But at this point, I doubt having 600+ characters is still appealing for most veterans of the series. Odds are most of these characters aren't even interesting to you, and you've probably already trained/played with those you did actually like in the past games (which have more characters and can easily be pirated and emulated, mind you)

But yeah, if Swooshie is your unfortunate introduction to the series I can get why you'd like it.
Also the PvE/PvP of Pokemon is so shit and outdated it doesn't even compare to other RPGs, fuck off lol
>>
>>45500635
Temtem has fewer creatures and preparing for the multiplayer is too grindy so it's not good.

>>45500696
>Odds are most of these characters aren't even interesting to you, and you've probably already trained/played with those you did actually like in the past games
No, because every game I have to make new teams to deal with the new teams other people are running.

>But yeah, if Swooshie is your unfortunate introduction to the series
Really? There is another Pokemon game I can play that has three wild areas and can easily get battle ready pokemon within minutes?
>>
>>45500696
>Also the PvE/PvP of Pokemon is so shit and outdated it doesn't even compare to other RPGs, fuck off lol
name one turn based rpg that does this better. bonus points if it has a competitive scene
>>
>>45500702
By this logic, Pokemon was shit until Sword and Shield.
>>
>>45500476
I like the dexcut but that argument makes no fucking sense, you collect Pokemon, FLUDD is a game mechanic.
>>
>>45500562
I have a full livingdex. And I repeat, Dexcut is a non-issue.
I'm not the same guy who talked about FLUDD.
>>
>>45499470
shit
>>
>>45501319
So you're okay with the fact that not every pokemon is obtainable on the same cartridge? You're okay with having to pay 15 USD for home a year in order to keep you're full living dex?
>>
>>45501349
The full livingdex won't fit in 1 game anyway.
>>
>>45501356
they should add more boxes then
>>
>>45501388
I don't need all of them in SwSh at once.
I agree that Home sucks though. Even more for the price.
The trade system is shit, the dex lacks too many informations.
Seeing your pokemon in a 3D environment like in My Pokémon Ranch would be cool too.
>>
File: pieceof5hit.png (74 KB, 570x535)
74 KB
74 KB PNG
>>45499470
I took a bad gamble buying pokemon shield in 2019. Now I stuck with that gay faggot Avery instead of my wife Klara. I never rematch the bitch Avery but I do like Honey and Mustard. If I buy games in the future I'll wait and see if the dlc is good first.
>>
They only good thing to come out of this dumpsterfire is that physical Ghost types now got a great stab move in Poltergeist
>>
File: 金和银的红色女孩.jpg (84 KB, 1024x1024)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
>>45499470
I still haven't caught Lugia on shield so I'll go back to silver and get one.
>>
>>45499586
Ushifu's white chest fur looks like the logo, which is why its head is on top of the armor in the logo. Look at a pictureof Urshifu from the front and it becomes obvious quickly.
>>
>>45500461
IoA is designed to be a sidequest, CT is the post-game. I replayed Sword when they came out and did the Isle's missons during the main game, so I can say from experience it works.
>>
>>45499470
The worst Pokemon games I ever played
>>
They were shit tier games designed for sub 85 IQ mongrels.
>>
>>45501356
It absolutely can you retard. They cant cut content if they dont improve the games. Its lazyness and greed when they sell the things cuts later
>>
>>45499653
The game isnt even worth 20
>>
>>45499603
same
fuck sword and fuck shield
>>
>>45499470
Overpriced garbage that's got nothing else going for it than more detailed graphics than a ds game
>>
>>45500631
Why do you always say that shit as if programming them would be an insurmountable task ? Its notlike they dont have studios doing most of the jobs anyway. Its not that hard to make video game, animating a monster doesnt have to take a full day and you amd you can do more than one per day
>>
File: 1595355947186.gif (9 KB, 112x112)
9 KB
9 KB GIF
>>45499470
it is bad
>>
File: melony's dinosaur.png (949 KB, 850x1135)
949 KB
949 KB PNG
>>45501898
Most shield players have buyer's remorse due to Avery. I'm glad I chose sword but Melony is cute.
>>
>>45501919
I want to kiss that girl while she is tied up like that.
>>
>>45499470
Upscaled 3DS game with even less content than its predecessors, unless you buy the $30 DLC. Very ugly looking game. The Dynamax gimmick is even less inspired than Mega Evolutions and Z-Moves. All in all, it’s the worst mainline game in the series.

On the plus side, The Crown Tundra and Isle of Armor are promising glimpses into map design for future games. The games could have been salvaged if the whole region had this approach.
>>
File: hoticemilf.png (887 KB, 821x1300)
887 KB
887 KB PNG
>>45502320
Melony is the only shield exclusive trainer I enjoy.
>>
>>45501898
Gamefreak is a dogshit company because I could not kick Avery out of the isle of armor dojo.
>>
File: marnie and gloria.png (2.78 MB, 1195x1811)
2.78 MB
2.78 MB PNG
>>45499470
Marnie is my favorite gym leader and rival. Hop can burn in hell.
>>
>>45499686
>only way to get the other is by trading
If you replay the game under a second profile you can get the other ones as well without trading. And because of how Pokemon Home works, you can access Pokemon from your other profile and put them all until a single profile.
>>
File: punchbag.png (322 KB, 707x379)
322 KB
322 KB PNG
>>45499470
I kind of like pokemon sword and shield. I just hate Hop, Allister, Avery and Gordie. I also hate the fact that Johto and Kalos starters are missing but I don't miss Meganium.
>>
>>45500499
It would break the single player experience. Because you'd have a team strong enough to beat Leon before even taking on Milo.
>>
>>45502146
nah you are just being a broke bitch at this point, it is well worth 20, it isnt worth over 40
>>
If i didn't know any better, i would've assumed Nintendo sold off the series' rights to Ubisoft for this game. Because there's no way a game studio like Gamefreak that's only ever made Pokemon games could produce something this soulless.
>>
>>45500631
>multiplayer with 600+ usable characters
And yet I only see the same teams over and over since everyone just copies each other.
>>
>>45502414
Or you know, you could just not use them
>>
>>45500744
So few games are even turn-based nowadays. It's a growingly outdated style. Even the games that do still use it are adding some real-time elements to them. And that's also why they almost never have a competitive scene. Turn-based isn't very fun to watch.
>>
>>45501989
Yeah, due to how IoA's levels work it plays better if you just pop in and out during the main story. And CT is intended for after you beat Leon and the post-game story.
>>
>>45502420
My local Walmart accidentally put some copies of Sword where a some other $30 Switch game was supposed to be. I already owned it but I'm sure if I insisted I could've gotten them to sell it to me for $30.
>>
>>45502448
Then what's the point of going to the Max Lair until post-game if you can't use any of the Pokemon you can catch there before then?
>>
>>45499503
I thought the isle of armor was entertaining but they didn't offer nearly as much variety in Crown Tundra. Just legendaries and snow
>>
>>45502423
I think they're experiencing burnout with the series and would like to focus on new IPs, but can't due to Pokemon being where they get the most money.
>>
I liked the dlc because they were much closer at delivering on the initial promise of the Wild Area. Plus Dynamax Adventures are a nice end game addition full stop. The primary issues are the confused plot that under developed the Gym Challenge and the characters involved despite devoting most of its time to the concept while also pulling Eternatus shit out of its asshole. Plus while the core gameplay is intact, which I find fun, they by scaling up the level of the Wild Area and including Evolutions of Pokemon in the Wild, they sucked a big part of the fun out for myself, which was raising Mons to get their final evos. That journey felt more personal than spamming quick balls or having my Venusaur or Regielki spam status conditions while I chuck Ultra Balls.
>>
>>45502502
What's the point? Just to collect them, and hunt for shinies
> if you can't use any of the Pokemon you can catch there before then
But you can though, just breed the mons you catch, and that way you won't need to use the overleveled ones. I did that with Tyrantrum, and Blaziken
>>
>>45499470

I'm not sure if this is just expected to be how the games naturally go, you cannot play any games forever, especially one that isn't an mmo, but I really wish I had a reason to explore the wild areas still. Because I have all the Pokemon I want already, there's no reason for me to ever, ever, ever walk around the isle of armor or crown tundra. There's nothing to find, nothing to do, and nothing to see.

I'm sure in a better game you could do things to fix this, as Pokemon is almost lacking in every way, but that's my biggest immediate complaint right now. I'll probably stay in that cave where Dynamax adventures take place for the rest of the time my save files exist because I don't think there's ever going to be a reason for me to go outside, since I can battle online and access the PC from within the cave.
>>
>>45502510
It really is confusing why the Towers aren’t redoable as just general battle challenges. Or why they didn’t let you challenge more of the Dojo Students. The DLC really could have used stretched the life of the game that way.
>>
>>45499470
it's shit
>>
>>45502553
Restricted Sparring was where I think they expected players to spend alot of time, but it seems like many people never really bothered with it. Guess they didn't telegraph it and advertise it enough.
>>
>>45499470
I liked the football theme around the gym challenge and the game is at its best in the first 6 gyms. However you can see how they most likely ran out of time when you get badges 5-8 in rapid succession with very little happening in between and it's even more apparent when you have all 8 badges. I thought it would be like the cities where major sports events happen irl with crowded streets, overbooked hotels, street vendors and more. What you get instead is a big empty city where you fight the same opponents you fought before and a half assed obligatory "evil team using a legendary Pokemon" story arc.
>>
>>45502590
Ah, I wasn’t even aware. A cool feature, but pretty lame that stuff like this only cane with the DLC.
>>
>>45502624
Bede's resolution made sense since he actually enjoys showing off his Fairy type Pokemon, but Hop and especially Marnie's resolutions felt like they just gave up on their real dream to settle for what they thought they could do. We don't even get a scene of Piers handing over the title of gym leader to Marnie.
>>
>>45499470
meh
>>
File: alola.webm (2.92 MB, 840x720)
2.92 MB
2.92 MB WEBM
>>45499470
$59.99 for Pokemon Sword/Shield
$29.99 for Expansion Pass
$19.99 for Switch Online 12 month
$15.99 for Pokemon Home 12 month

Nearly 130 dollars to have less than what the other games had out of the box. And people defend it.
>>
>>45502737
Get a job
>>
>>45502457
fun isn't dictated by how many people watch streamers zoomie
but yeah its clear you cant name one because pokemon is just way above all rpgs when it comes to creating a competitive combat system
>>
File: 在地狱中燃烧.png (414 KB, 773x501)
414 KB
414 KB PNG
>>45499470
Hop is a trash tier character made to pander to fujos. I should have had a option to make him female.
>>
File: kinkyshauna.png (783 KB, 956x1000)
783 KB
783 KB PNG
>>45503296
I like girl rivals better, including Shauna.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.