[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Welcome to the Pokémon Anime Discussion Thread. Talk about new episodes, old episodes, upcoming episodes, anime Pokégirls, sub releases, discuss, speculate, bitch and moan, etc., etc.

>Livestream link (Fridays @ 9:55 AM UTC):
https://mov3.co/tvtokyo

>Latest episode
https://nyaa.si/view/1301994 (1080p)
https://nyaa.si/view/1301992 (720p)

Next episode:
>PM2019 047 - Pokémon Champion! The Battle of Big Eaters!! (November 27th)
https://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/pocketmonster/episodes/

Future episodes:
>PM2019 048 - A Really Really Close Call for Pikachu! (December 4th)
>PM2019 049 - Koharu and the Really Mysterious Eevee! (December 11th)
Summaries, voice cast, etc.: https://pastebin.com/pRWCDSsU

>Previous episodes:
https://pastebin.com/CGSd907r

>Pokémon Twilight Wings subs:
https://pastebin.com/gkJSXkbL

>Movies:
https://pastebin.com/aftNceDW

>M23: Coco
http://www.pokemon-movie.jp/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWr67AQjMDI

>Music, manga, and more:
https://pastebin.com/gXfZtrrJ

Old thread: >>45484302
>>
File: 1604633708640.jpg (79 KB, 688x688)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>
I love Goh and I want to marry him
>>
>>45492757
Go away
>>
Pretty boring. Season... so unhype.
>>
>>45492794
Wait for action Koharu. We're almost there.
>>
>>45487801
I don’t know what episode you watched but that Mewtwo was definitely an edgelord.

>Ominous intro
>Why the fuck are you here?
>Just stares at Ash with disgust
>just decided to drop a giant Shadow Ball that remarkably didn’t kill them
>says the kids aren’t shit and are weak before disappearing
>>
>>45490526
>Also Mewtwo humoring Ash and Go as a Pokemon who accepts trainers challenging him felt out of character.
Fucking retard, he literally said he was created to be the strongest Pokémon in the world, that in itself is a prideful declaration. The reason why Mewtwo accepted the challenges is because he is supposed to be the strongest so battling or capturing will be the ultimate challenge to the two kids who just said they wanted to become the very best and capture all Pokémon. Did you even watch the first movie, or the fucking remake, where Mewtwo was literally taking on challenges from who he assumed were the strongest trainers? It seems like you don’t even remember shit about his character.
>>
>>45492757
What a cutie. how do you even find fan art of her when she shares the name with the ambiguously gendered (and thus far more popular) pokemon go leader?
>>
>>45492806
The writers really kissed Mewtwo's fat juicy thick ass this episode, huh?
>>
>>45492810
Not him but the episode was still boring and disappointing.
>>
>>45492824
They tried too but were more busy sucking off Go’s tiny tranny cock for the first half
>>
>>45492828
>Mewtwo descends from the sky with a serious aura
>Ash calls him “Mew-two”
>Go goes B-BUT WHERES MEW?!

What the fuck is wrong with this character
>>
>>45492810
Mewtwo hasn't met Fug or Arceus yet.
>>
>>45492828
The part about Mewtwo accepting Goh's goal of enslaving Pokemon was pretty fuck up.
>>
File: 242352_ShadowMewtwo.png (860 KB, 1024x576)
860 KB
860 KB PNG
>>45492806
So basically they turned him into this?
>>
>>45492827
honestly the only part i actually liked was the small bit continuity(embarassing that that's a positive) and the use of mewtwo's actual themes.

aside from that...pretty boring ep.
>>
The first half with Ash and Go overcoming obstacles to find Mew was fun. It's nice seeing Go using some of his shitmons
>>
>>45492848
>What the fuck is wrong with this character
how do you think he should have reacted instead
>>
>>45492868
Ask Ash what the hell he means by “Mew-two”. You know when Mewtwo said he was created to be the strongest, Go didn’t ask him what the hell he was talking about. The fact that Mewtwo is a clone of Mew was entirely absent from the episode.
>>
>>45492862
Problem is people are hating Goh for this because he's actually using his brain to traverse through the forest while Ash just sits there and not use Dragonite....

Like they forgot they had flying types on standby.
>>
>>45492882
We hate Goh for many reasons but obviously the fact the writers love to kiss his dick is one aspect why we all hate Goh.
>>
>>45492892
>We
speak for yourself faggot
>>
File: D7KA560W4AADojs.jpg (54 KB, 1079x1057)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>Eevee episode

Boy, I HATE eevee
>>
>>45492892
>We
I'm not with you nigga, I don't mind Goh.
>>
>>45492892
>We
I mean he's not my favorite character ever but I think he's fine I like his and Ash's bromance moments and he's at least getting better with battling, Other than his main goal and how they try to yes him as a POGO ad I think he's ok.
>>
Tobias as Superboss or player character for DP remake.

Tobias&Alain should be new main protagonists after Pokémon Journeys: The Series ends.
>>
>>45492922
>>45492904
>>45492898
Samefag tranny.
>>
>>45492929
If Alain was the protagonist then the anime would have flopped harder than Yugioh Vrains went Into The Trashcan.
>>
>>45492922
>how they try to yes him as a POGO ad
Literally the only thing I don't like about him, but the whole series affected by this (raid battles and everyone having a smartphone now all of a sudden). At least it hasn't been too intrusive so far, I hope it doesn't get worse.
>>
>>45492892
>We hate Goh
based
we really do
brown tranny spotlight-stealing trash
>>
File: 1605953235239.png (55 KB, 914x912)
55 KB
55 KB PNG
what do you see in pic related, padt ?
>>
>>45492749
Eeveebros
Its time!
>>
File: Ems0uUcW8AEkMot.jpg (77 KB, 1023x491)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
Go is hated mainly by youtubers who keep making retarded theories about Ash catching a new pokémon every time a new episode title is revealed and then have their theories DESTROYED by Goh

Of course the followers of those youtubers are also mad because they are mindless drones who will repeat anything their favorite e-celeb says
>>
Goh is hated by anyone with good taste and by anyone who is a fan of any previous pokeani seasons
>>
>>45492972
Meowth?
>>
>>45492683
Would you stop your Headcanon about none of the move effect not working in the anime? Ability is non-canon, bulk is non canon, speed is not non canon, everything is non canon, just my headcanon is canon.

The anime has been following the game effect of moves and abilities since DP series. Reversal is a move where user has to be it's lowest health. However the anime already has shown that Lucario is not a defensive pokemon . He is better off replacing Reversal with a non-fighting move
>>
>>45492988
guess again
>>
>>45492958
>if Alain were the MC the ashnime would have flopped
Meh, desu it all depends on how it would have played out. The execution is what matters the most. They could have had Alain always fall into comedic situations where his personality would eventually loosen up. Or show his other, non-serious side to the viewer.
Or have Mairin be his companion to have a balance of two characters, one serious and one optimistic.
You can't really say that it would have flopped just like that
>>
>>45492972
A very cute moment.

>>45492990
Third time's the charm?
>>
>>45492972
A penis?
>>
>>45492994
If you're posting a dick you can stop now.
>>
>>45492995
I said that completely based on Alain's character on the anime. He was just self absorbed jerk who's speciality was getting special treatments.

Just look at his clothes and personality, its painfully obvious that he was just a self inserted character written by somebody with a eight grader syndrome. Edgelord like Alain never really work and often get hated for obvious reasons.
>>
>>45493014
>A penis?
>>45493015
>a dick
you dont recognize her .. ?
>>
>>45492972
looks like a penis
>>
>>45493034
Well in that case they could have gone for an over the top Fast and The Furious style cringy kind of "edgy" serious. That would keep Alain in-character while loosening up the narrative to make it easy to swallow for kids. Dude, think outside the box, there's tons lf ways to make a show appealing to its target audience while keeping it intersting. I get the feeling you just have some weird personal vendetta against Basedlain.
>>
File: 1597340631447.jpg (196 KB, 723x1023)
196 KB
196 KB JPG
>>45492892
I love Go
>>
I hate goh
would strangle him with my own hands
>>
>>45493407
I love goh and same
>>
>>45493195
"Edgy and Serious" story doesn't work on kids anime. Even popular shounen are less edgy and more comedic like One Piece and Demon Slayer. Ichigo was the only edgelord MC that received any popularity but even he is often treated as a butt of a joke rather than a serious edgelord.

Nobody likes a broody edgelord who pushes everybody away and even hurt them to turn himself a loner to make himself look special and unique. That's why people loves when a friendly goofball protagonist completely biffo those edgelord and put them on their place.

Your are not thinking about target audience. You just want the anime to be like your self inserted fanfiction that only you like.
>>
>>45493455
>Nobody likes a broody edgelord who pushes everybody away and even hurt them to turn himself a loner to make himself look special and unique

I agree with about everything you said Anon except this because well....
>>
>>45492972
.. Penisrena ?
>>
>>45493411
You have a weird fetish
>>
>>45493455
Lol, Basedlain makin' ash-selfinserters seethe since 2016.
P.s.
Buraastoban.
>>
>>45492749
I get that we just had 5 plot episodes one after the other, but as of the newly revealed episode, it’ll have been 11 weeks or 10 episodes since Ash has last had a PWC battle
>>
>>45492972
a penis
>>
>>45493565
Now that Ash has rose in ranks seeing him battle regular random trainers isn't that interesting, he needs to battle more established Gym leaders.
>>
>>45492749
>Koharu and the weird, weird Eevee
Nice. More shilling.
>>
>>45492972
The champion of the Satoshibowl
>>
>>45493847
How can a penis become a champion?
>>
What's with people on bulbagarden shitting on the animation of the Mewtwo battle? The animation was top notch during that fight and probably one of the best ones of this series so far. Not to mention some nice looking strategy and attacks like Lucario's double team Shadow ball or Mewtwo using Tail whip after stopping both pokemon in their tracks. I even saw people saying Iwane put no effort into this one, wtf?
>>
>>45493538
>strangle is a weird fetish
lurk the internet more
>>
>>45492972
It's Pikachu.
>>
>>45494177
I'm well aware.
That doesn't make it less weird.
>>
File: 1601390301623.png (2.28 MB, 1911x1074)
2.28 MB
2.28 MB PNG
>>45492972
Leave Newtwo to her
>>
>>45494212
Strangle is tame compared to some things
>>
My wife Serena is so cute!!
>>
File: 1601488310071.png (326 KB, 474x490)
326 KB
326 KB PNG
>>45493854
it's goh's penis
>>
>>45494157
Mewtwo thrown a huge Shadow Ball on the ground yet there was no crater or anything on the ground. It made Mewtwo's Shadow Ball look weak.
>>
File: 1537056955938.jpg (39 KB, 600x600)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
Do you think Ash will fight Mewtwo again and defeat it at the end of the season like he did Tapu Koko in SM?
>>
Okay, so let's go over the summary for the most recent episode:

- A Mankey is just playing with its friends in a tree. Two jerk kids come by and disturb its habitat, so he attacks him and gets caught by Go. The other Mankeys try to get him back, but the kids escape due to swamp.
- A Kingler and its offspring Krabby and just chilling in a swamp. Go catches the Krabby, stomps on the Kingler's face, and runs away.
- Mewtwo shows up. It is said that he rescues Pokemon who have been abused by their trainers. Go tries to rationalize his Pokemon slavery by calling it "learning about Pokemon" despite the fact he barely spends time with his Pokemon in the reservoir. So what, after he learns all he can about a Pokemon he catches, it's useless to him and it just stays there in the reservoir? He doesn't even release it back into the wild where it came from? And Mewtwo just ACCEPTS this? Sure, he blew Ash and Go up with a literal rip-off of the Death Ball because what else was he going to use, but he never actually told Go what he was doing is wrong and he should focus on making solid bonds with ALL his Pokemon instead of just the bunny and nobody else.

I'm not really sure what to make of all of this.
>>
>>45495102
they ruined Mewtwo to shill Goh
>>
>>45495108
They've ruined THIS ENTIRE ANIME to shill Go, or more specifically, Pokemon Go...although considering Pokemon Go has made more money in the past 4 years than every other single Pokemon game combined MULTIPLE TIMES OVER, it's hard to actually get mad at them. People like to pretend the people who made Pokemon are keeping this series going for a passion for the series, but let's be real: Pokemon was originally supposed to end after the first season. From that point forward, it was all a cash grab, so it's only natural to cater to the demographic that's giving you the most money.
>>
>>45495102
The idea is that Goh isn't running slaves here, he's just capturing them to understand them so he can work up to Mew, kind of like a sign of respect. Maybe he's getting ready to fight mew because it can transform at will?
Mewtwo's response is a bit off imo too, I would have had him at least tell Go that he could at least release those Pokemon once he's finished his goal.
>>
>>45495175
This is a good criticism, but the main problem I have is some are treating Goh like this evil dictator that has all his pokemon shackles and treating them poorly. like the fucking pokemon fan game that PETA made.
>>
>>45492972
Really awkward to think that all it takes to make a character look like a penis is to put it in a silhouette.
>>
>>45494212
the numerous pedos in this thread don't bother you but a little bdsm does huh
>>
>>45495258
Yeah Goh treats his Pokemon well and respectfully. He has a Sobble that he doesn't force to fight because Sobble doesn't like fighting. He's even seen taking care of his Pokemon in the lab ever so often. Its just... his goal could have been handled in a better light. But its not really easy to do when the name of the game is to capture each and every new species, we don't really get a lot of that one-on-one time with them. Its not really the goal here.
>>
They actually reanimated a shot from the preview where Mewtwo was drawn badly:

https://imgur.com/a/SVVKQkb

Has this ever happened before? Top is preview, bottom the final episode. Reminds of Dragonball Super episode 5 with the horrendous SSJ3 Goku art in that ep.
>>
>>45492749
DAILY REMINDER TO *NEVER* CALL Koharu by the disgusting name known as "Chloe". Only call her Koharu. The english name is shit.
>>
>>45495608
No. The US didn’t nuke Japan twice just to hear their cartoons in their language.
>>
>>45495108
If they can write out Ash to get out the way of some stories, like the Celebi episode, why can't they do the same with Go? He feels super forced in the Mewtwo stuff
>>
>>45495608
If you're gonna address most characters by their english names, then the same will be done here.
>>
How have you fags in /padt/ not killed yourselves with how horrible the anime and Gen 9 in general has been?
I thought SM was the low point for Pokemon but there is a new hell and this is it.
>>
>>45495437
i ain't clicking that
4chan is an imageboard for a reason, post the image here
>>
>>45495777
You forgot to mention the upcoming movie.
And trust me anon, it can go much lower.
>>
>>45495608
but chloe is a cute name and fits her perfectly
>>
>>45495794
It's 4 separate screens, I can't make 4 seperate posts. Basically two pics are from the 30 second preview and two from the aired episode. People noticed Mewtwo looked drawn a little off-model or sloppily in the preview and in the finished episodes he's redrawn.

I'm kinda surprised since I can't recall any other episode that had re-drawn shots from a preview just from 1 week prior.
>>
>>45495777
B-But what about all this Kanto stuff we all wanted for Ash years ago + Lucario. Surely that counts for something?
>>
>>45495777
Journies has been a mixed bag but I enjoy it more than I don't. Of course this saga really depends on how it goes on when Ash climbs the ranks and how many other old characters appear or old pokemon are used. Like the whole fate of the saga depends on the World tournament.

Go's stuff will probably continue as it is now for the rest of the series and besides Koharu getting maybe a bit more focus, I don't expect much to change. TR will probably also stick with the gacha the rest of the series.
>>
Remember the director said, "one old character would be appearing after another."

Obviously this doesn't mean every episode, but I expect more old faces in the future, even if it's just old Gym leaders like Chuck.
>>
>>45495919
>It's 4 separate screens, I can't make 4 seperate posts.
>what is "spending 5 seconds in MSPaint to put them into one picture with some minor text caption as to which pictures are from the preview and which aren't"

I would fix your laziness but I can't even load your Imgur link anymore so I don't know if you deleted it or if it's a problem on my end. Whatever.
>>
>>45492922
Ash and Goh's "bromance" is forced as fuck and you know it. It pales in comparison to the "bromanc" he had with Brock, Dawn or Citron. Hell, even Fatfuck and Smokey from Alola are more believable.
>>
File: 1233.png (1.82 MB, 1231x694)
1.82 MB
1.82 MB PNG
>>45496158
Preview scene (1)
>>
File: 123.png (2.23 MB, 1920x1080)
2.23 MB
2.23 MB PNG
>>45496265
From the episode when it aired. Mewtwo now has more detail and the off-model face from the preview clip is fixed.
>>
>>45495919
I'm pretty sure in Pokemon's 1,000+ episodes, it's happened at least one other time, anon. Good luck asking anyone to comb through 1,000+ episode to try to figure out what time that is, though.
>>
File: 123456.png (2.47 MB, 1920x1080)
2.47 MB
2.47 MB PNG
Another finished shot.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (353 KB, 640x480)
353 KB
353 KB PNG
>>45494190
>>
I went ahead and made an animated comparison of the two. It's not just Mewtwo, look closer: Ash and Go also were also modified with added frames and their final frame being touched up.

I actually do remember some XY previews being slightly modified from what actually aired and some animation changed entirely, but I'm not going through hundreds of trivia sections on Bulbapedia just to find them.
>>
>>45496494
This is really interesting and thanks for this. It really does prove Mewtwo looked off-model in the previews and that was redone for the final episode. I wonder if this ep had rushed production then? No idea why a preview would have old animated scenes if the ep aired only 1 week later.
>>
>>45496494
now compare to the original movie so we can see how bad the animation has gotten
>>
>>45496513
>comparing movie animation to anime animation
>>
>>45496521
the movie looked the same as any season 1 episode
>>
>>45496506
When you compare the scenes, Mewtwo looks a lot more imposing on the bottom one. Perhaps they saw the original preview and thought it was fine but changed their mind once it aired and went to get it redone. It's possible the scene with Mewtwo crossing his arms like that didn't even exist originally and they added it in to give Mewtwo a more imposing presence.
>>
>>45496530
You're probably letting nostalgia blind your judgment. The animation doesn't even come close.
>>
>>45496549
I am not implying the anime had amazing animation. I am implying the movie didn't do anything special.

And it's not nostalgia because I watched it a week ago.
>>
Do kids actually like Gou?
>>
>>45496558
I never said the movie did anything special. Stop putting words in my mouth. You literally said in your last post:
>the movie looked the same as any season 1 episode
Which it doesn't. At all. That doesn't mean the movie does "anything special". It means that the movie had better animation than the average season 1 episode. I'm sure you can find outliers where the animation in a season 1 episode is really good and somewhat compatible to the movie, but saying word-for-word "the movie looked the same as any season 1 episode" is completely and utterly untrue. Comparing movie animation to anime animation is like comparing McDonald's to some place like 2M Smokehouse or Palace Diner. Can you get a high quality meal at McDonald's? Of course you can on rare occasion, but 99 times out of 100, you're going to get fast food quality. It's really not a fair comparison.
>>
>>45496635
Kids are dumb, anon. They'll like anything if you make it flashy enough.
>>
>>45496521
This
>>
File: 1594288348975.jpg (506 KB, 1606x2048)
506 KB
506 KB JPG
>>45496635
a lot more than Ash
>>
>>45496673
Is there a reason why people like Raihan so much?
>>
>>45496673
>Gou over Tanjiro
That's actually pretty impressive.
>>
>>45496673
uhh seems like chinks have a hard on for brown characters
>>
>>45496673
>Kids
>Posts a fujoshi magazine
You aren't fooling anyone, Goutranny.
>>
>>45496765
They have shit taste.
>>
>>45496765
fujos pair him with Leon in a canon gay relationship
>>
>we went from full and uneventful to just dull
That’s an improvement
>>
>>45492850
mewtwo vs arceus never EVER
>>
Mega Mewtwo X when
>>
>>45495608
DAILY REMINDER TO *NEVER* CALL Pikatyuu™ by the disgusting name known as "Pikachu™". Only call it Pikatyuu™. The english name is shit.
>>
File: EU2ZJgSU0AIZbAN.jpg (77 KB, 526x680)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>45495608
Goh's Wife Chloe!
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (76 KB, 1280x720)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>45497185
>canon gay
LOL
>>
>>45497641
Your transliteration conventions are shit, Yoshihito.
>>
>>45492749
>Paw Patrol Best Selection
>Yo-Kai Watch Jam: Yo-Kai Academy Y
>Pocket Monsters
>>
>>45492972
It's Serena
>>
>>45492972
But what's about Mashu ?
>>
>>45497883
You are retarded
>>
>>45495608
Is this the Pokemon version of DAILY REMINDER TO *NEVER* CALL Mashu , Jeanne Alter and Artoria by their disgusting name known as "Mash" , "Altria" and "Jalter" ?
>>
>>45497694
Based
>>
>>45496635
>Pokémon anime doing so well, it got moved to a better timeslot
What do you think?
>>
Cute
>>
So if Serena appears again, they're probably not going to acknowledge the kiss. I originally thought they'd have to at least touch on it, but given the Mewtwo ep didn't have a single mention of his and Ash's history together, I get the feeling if Serena appears her interactions with Ash will be similar. They'll recognize her history with Ash but not the kiss, at least I imagine.

So probably it's for the best if Serena doesn't appear because fans won't get what they want anyway.
>>
>>45498195
I think you're lying
>>
>>45498320
At the end of the movie... Mewtwo deleted Ash's memory

Why would he go back on his word and restore it?
>>
>>45498320
If the only reason why you want Serena to return is because you want the kiss to be acknowledged, you're not a real Serena fan. Most Serena fans would be happy with just a return. I mean look at Misty fans who were happy when she came back even if her character changed so much, or May fans who would accept even a shoutout at this point.
>>
>>
>>45498451
>episodes are airing in prime time without needing to be carried by boruto for the first time since SM
>thinking he's lying
They split up their old prime time block and pokemon had to be taped to Boruto because SM couldn't retain watchers without being a lead in for Boruto.
>>
File: dracozolt anime.png (1.24 MB, 1500x1000)
1.24 MB
1.24 MB PNG
I don't if someone bring this up, but did anyone else notice how the intro for the episode was a reference to how the older Pokémon movies use to star?. With them talking about Pokémon being everywhere and them showing off the legendary and mythical?
>>
Please I don't want any more Shitori oh God
>>
With Kishimoto now returning to Boruto/Naruto, what are the chances of Shudo returning to the anime? Is he our only hope for a good pokemon anime?
>>
>>45499205
>what are the chances of Shudo returning to the anime?
I dunno, how good a necromancer are you?
>>
File: EmwqVzKVcAAKrVI-orig.jpg (170 KB, 1024x676)
170 KB
170 KB JPG
>>45499205
Via ouija board, maybe
>>
>>45499205
You a Saudi or something? You ain't getting that wish unless you know some black magic.
>>
File: 8971972367.png (16 KB, 128x120)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
>>45499205
>Shudo
>>
What are all of you implying? I don't like where this is going...
>>
>>45499275
Well, in the same way WWE had to tell one of their arabian lords why they couldn't get Yokozuna and the Ultimate Warrior for their little show, we'll tell you Shudo can't come back because he's gone.
>>
>>45499300
No fucking way, why did nobody tell me? Oh my god this is so sad
>>
>>45499318
Those news are almost a decade old. All tears and mourning from the public have been finished by now.
>>
>>45495102
The first part kinda wrong because the kingler try to get them first
>>
File: P_xlmlABb6o (1).jpg (95 KB, 922x519)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>>45498591
I am Serena fan but I don't want her to come back unless the writer actually passionate about her return or in the mood for it.
>>
does anyone have the clip of Onix getting hit by a bubble or something and going "OOOOOOHHHHH NOOOOOOOOO"
I've been looking for it for so long and can't find it
>>
>>45499505
>wanting special treatment
The only ones who deserve that are the Alolan Family. Enjoy your 3 second voiceless cameo.
>>
File: EmI1pMDU0AENQMR.jpg (468 KB, 1500x1054)
468 KB
468 KB JPG
>>
>>45499205
Impossible to adapt Shudo's vision now of Ash being extremely mediocre and everyone's parents including Deliah being complete ass.
>>
>>45495102
>A Kingler and its offspring Krabby and just chilling in a swamp. Go catches the Krabby, stomps on the Kingler's face, and runs away.
The two attacked them first
>that entire third point
Oh fucking boy, its another "DUUURRR GO SHOVES HIS MONS IN THE PARK EVEN THUOGH WE'VE SEEN HIM BONDING WITH AND USING THEM ON MULTIPLE OCCASION" episode. I'm getting real tired of these.
>>
File: jewtwo.png (976 KB, 854x479)
976 KB
976 KB PNG
>>
>>45499945
Cinderace getting into Smash feels like it might have happened, but I think the DLC reps were decided too early that I don't think a Pokemon rep is happening this time.
>>
>>45499945
With how much they are pushing Cinderace everywhere not just in the anime, if a pokemon does get in, it will most likely be him.
>>
Thread always lacks May
>>
File: smashies never learn.jpg (106 KB, 400x1328)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>>45499983
say it with me:
not every marketed Pokemon is a potiental Smash character.
>>
>>45500013
>choker
needs snappin'
>>
>>45500045
Cinderace is getting pushed more than them.
>>
hello retard niggers, is ash greninja coming back? is the anime good? what is the plot?haven't watched since xyz
>>
File: Urshi.png (754 KB, 1200x1200)
754 KB
754 KB PNG
>>45499945
we're going to know who's the lucky pokemon through Gen 4 remakes or Ash's 6th, as long its a Galar Pokemon.

my bet is on this guy
>>
>>45500054
>no "major role" in the Koko movie like the last
two reboot movies
okay
>>
>>45500055
nope but he should
the homofest is getting boring af, nothing solid happened.
>>
File: 1482112510965.jpg (146 KB, 1280x720)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
>>45499924
You didn't refute the first point though...
>>
>>45495138
After XYZ the narrative stopped making any sense from a storytelling standpoint. SM should have avoided Ash's character completely if they were going to change him beyond recognition, most importantly, his constant strive to go up and forward.
In PM Ash doesn't really feel like himself either, they made him as generic and devoid of individual personality as possible so he would be understandable to absolutely anybody who would only start watching with PM2019. I understand why they did that but I don't resonate with the anime anymore, I'd rather read the Festival of Champions manga or try out the Adventures manga if the ashnime is going to be like this. The new movies are still good though.
I mean that he doesn't feel like a continuation of anything previous, it's more like they took all of Ash's iterations, added the "generic hot blooded shonen hyperactive and a tiny bit arrogant" archetype popular in modern acid colour hair toyetic shonen series(Ash was always athletic, but never hyperactive in that sort of way) and watered it down and balanced it out to make it as broad and general as possible.
>>
>>45496558
I binge watched all the movies up to the Zekrom tower movie so I can say that in the movies, the animation apart from some action scenes is basically the same as in the anime except the framerate is very slightly higher and the lines are more thoroughly drawn out. It does indeed look kinda better.
>>
>>45499909
>she's a legal trainer
>at least 10 year old in canon
>legal and made for breeding by Alain
Is this why that Alain hater was seething? Because even Alain got some girlpussi while that incel from last thread didn't?
>>
>>45492892
>We
Get a clue lmao!! I really enjoy Goh
>>
>>45500690
>>45500802
There's nothing wrong with hating deus ex machina characters like them
>>
>>45499954
Greninja was decided for the base roster of Sm4sh a whole year before the game even came out. I think Cinderace will be fine.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (64 KB, 1280x720)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>45500045
"Awakened Mewtwo" IS in Sm4sh, though. Mewtwo become Mega Mewtwo Y during Final Smash.
>>
>>
>>45500802
>I really enjoy Goh
but you're a homosexual
>>
will Lucario and Cinderace fall in love with each other ?
>>
>>45501017
They are already in love with their trainers...
>>
is there already Ash x Lucario porn ?
I dont mean any Lucario (or M08 one), I mean this Lucario, his
>>
>>45501154
>I dont mean any Lucario (or M08 one), I mean this Lucario, his
What's the difference? Both are lucario
>>
>>45501158
he hatched this one
its like incest
>>
>>45501163
It's still just a lucario though
>>
>>45501171
THE shillmon
>>
>>45501175
just a lucario
>>
File: EnMbIAyXEAE3n1W-orig.jpg (559 KB, 4000x2406)
559 KB
559 KB JPG
>>45501154
I haven't seen porn yet, just normal affection at most. Cinderace x Goh have more porn, and Lucario x Ash tend to have "cooler" arts.
>>
>>45498320
>comparing a pokemon to a main character
Your stupidity knows no bounds
>>
>>45501226
Mewtwo, the gen 1 (eternal gen) legendary shillmon, is way more relevant than Serena, the girl from 2 gens ago
>>
>>45500989
Cute
>>
>>45501017
Too early to tell, but furfags will draw porn of them for sure.
>>
I miss her
>>
>>45500063
That and grookey
>>
>>45496765
They want to extinct.
>>
File: tox.png (805 KB, 1200x1200)
805 KB
805 KB PNG
>>45500853
>teased years before starters got G-Max
tick tock starterfags
>>
Dogasu keeps saying there's no way the anime staff could sign on Mewtwo's VA for multiple appearances. Does anyone know why? Is he really that expensive? And I don't see why he couldn't be used for one more 3-4 ep arc or so?
>>
>>45502299
>Is he really that expensive?
yes
>>
>>45502307
I mean they still got him back for this episode, would 2-3 more really hurt?
>>
I feel like the ending of the Mewtwo ep really gave me the impression he could appear again. If/when Go does get close to capturing Mew at the end of the series, it would be odd if Mewtwo wasn't there in some way.
>>
>>45502299
He didn't even sound like the original mewtwo
>>
>>45492972
AIIIIIIIEEEEEEEE
>>
File: MemeXplain.png (1.3 MB, 713x1328)
1.3 MB
1.3 MB PNG
>>45500862
Smash Mewtwo, who was recreated ground up in Smash 4, doesn't speak femininely like M16two and it's more referring to it entitely replacing the Movie 1-inspired Mewtwo with this shillmon form moveset and character wise for the base game.

overrall it's a form they were heavily shilling with Mega Lucario in X/Y advertising and was an afterthought for Sm4sh's original planning where they only had drafts to stick with opposed to DLC where everything is there.

Mega Mewtwo Y as a Final Smash was a given case regardless of the movie's female Awakened Mewtwo.
>>
>>45501457
i love anaL
>>
>>45501431
as long Cinderace is the bottom
>>
File: IMG_20201119_125002.jpg (226 KB, 1452x2048)
226 KB
226 KB JPG
>>45502552
They take turns.
>>
>>45502299
Dogasu’s talking out of his ass. This series has had guest VA after guest VA, with some of the most popular VAs in the industry working on several key characters. If OLM want him, they’ll get him.
>>
>>45502573
Isn't Jessie's VA also super popular? And has been in the cast since forever
Dogasu should provide a source for his claims
>>
>>45502573
Both Dogasu and Adamant keep saying his VA is really expensive and don't expect him to come back, so I dunno. I do agree that if he came back for this episode (a year after he finished voicing him in the CG remake in 2019), that another 2-3 ep arc wouldn't hurt. Like nobody is expecting Mewtwo to make constant appearances, but one more arc another 40-50 eps from now would be fine.
>>
>>45502588
he's just speculating

Cilan and Iris also had very popular and expensive VAs
>>
>>45500074

what homofest? ash and go? is the anime good though???????
>>
Action Koharu soon? She needs to be on par with Dawn at her best during the Eevee episode in order to make up for her lack of screentime
>>
>>45502774
>Action Koharu soon? She needs to be on par with Dawn at her best during the Eevee episode in order to make up for her lack of screentime
this and hopefully soon
>>
Do people realize lots of those "popular voice actors" are that, popular VOICE ACTORS, they aren't popular normal actors, they at best have worked tokusatsu shit meanwhile voice actors who actually have a career as a film/play/TV actor are more expensive
>>
>>45501154
Only cute stuff so far
>>
>>45502707
>he doesn't know
>>
>>45503064
As God intended
>>
>those 3d backgrounds in the last episode.
We slowly returning to XY form bros?
>>
>>45500063
>>45502124
I had honestly started to forget that these two exist.
>>
Mewtwo is the strongest Pokémon.
>>
>>45503264
They never stopped using them, they just used them REALLY badly in SM. I feel like now that they've got more directorial experience they're getting closer to XY quality.
>>
>>45503264
>We slowly returning to XY form
hopefully not
>>
File: SM134_Error.png (500 KB, 1280x720)
500 KB
500 KB PNG
>>45504044
This, SM used 3d backgrounds regularly but was really bad at it most of the time. Just look at Lana doing her Z move, they messed up this twice
So much for the so called "fluid animation"
>>
>>45504146
>things shouldn't return to being at their best
what's the logic here? do not like when things look good or are things not allowed to look good if they come from XY? I'm just wondering the logic of someone who gets mad upon hearing the chef that has only fed them literal shit for years is starting to learn from the previous 5 star chef that fed them premium stake. Either you hate the 5 star chef or you like eating literal shit and I just want to know which one is which.
>>
>>45504258
>So much for the so called "fluid animation"
This will never cease to piss me off about SM.
>SM poster reveal
>Sacrifice the beautiful more detailed designs from the previous season
>Okay, well I know how animation works. Simpler designs, no matter how ugly means better animation overall. XY had an insane amount of sakuga with detailed designs, so SM should exceed that easily! So despite the changes, I'm hype!
>SMs animation is WORSE and you can count the amount of times they took advantage of those simpler designs for better animation on 1 hand
Like, what the fuck, I'm pretty sure SM is the only anime in history that decided to look worse purely to be lazier rather than to improve quality. Even the Naruto vs Pain fight had insane animation.
>>
>>45504385
>being at their best
nah
>>
SM and PM animation is more fluid, thats a fact
and not just battles, everything
>>
>>45504427
It's just the typical PR/corporate/executive talk, just say you are trying new things instead of admitting that you are cutting corners.
Sadly, the shitty twitter stan culture ate that up despite the animation clearly regressing in many aspects.
Now they can keep cutting corners and get away with it.
>>
>>45504555
>Nah, shit just tastes better than premium steak
thanks. I needed that insight.
>>
File: EndiHuSXEAMtq4q.jpg (630 KB, 1387x955)
630 KB
630 KB JPG
Oleana in the Pocket Monsters manga
>>
>>45504385
XY was pretty ugly compared to SM

The character looked more chibi, with tinier bodies and bigger heads
>>
>>45505461
>XY was pretty ugly compared to SM
I think you may be blind.
>>
>>45505473
SM had better art in general, that's an undeniable fact

XY Ash is tied with BW Ash as the worst and most emotionless version of the character
>>
File: 1479327971046.png (2.03 MB, 1280x1472)
2.03 MB
2.03 MB PNG
>>45505490
>that's an undeniable fact
>Less detailed
>more sloppy
>This would be excused if the animation was better
>worse animation
Nah, you're defs blind. Let me guess, "more emotive" to you means "off model meme faces" because you're not smart enough to know being on model and emotive is infinitely more impressive.
>>
>>45501017
Yes
>>
File: 191-Oleana.jpg (92 KB, 482x750)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>45505451
Cute
>>
File: Endsxq0UwAEhy5i.jpg (93 KB, 1024x1024)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
I'm sure I'll warm up to Aceburn, but I'll miss Raboot. It especially sucks because the new episode makes it seem like Aceburn has been demoted to a ballmon. Though maybe this was done in preparation for when Sobble evolves into Drizzile to replace Raboot as the new shouldermon.
>>
The current director has no idea how to balance the show:

- Go's starter fully evolves only 47 eps into the series, so it's first two stages are going to barely be around. Sobble goes very little before it'll evolve, and Grookey hasn't appeared.

- Ash has 4 captures with almost no screentime between them all, I don't know want to think what happens if he gets more. Even BW gave Ash's team more proper screentime at this point.

- I have no idea what they plan to do with Koharu. Having a series with a girl with very little screentime wasn't the best of ideas.

- Ash has to climb all the ranks yet the series is a year in already.

- All the Galar Gym leaders besides Bea and Raihan haven't appeared yet, and they have 10+ of them to show this time on top of that. I have no idea when or how they'll all appear

- 90% of Galar pokemon themselves have no episodes. They used to use fillers to showcase all pokemon, but now they waste that on old pokemon so the Galar pokes barely appeared.

If this series only lasts 2 more years, it's mind boggling how they're going to handle this. Only exception is if Journies continues through Gen 9 since technically it doesn't have to end.
>>
>Koharu barely shows up
>still has more fanart on Pixiv than Clau from Senyoku no Sigrdrifa (and Clau is actually a protagonist)
>still has more fanart than most main characters from this season's shows
>>
>>45506484
>Go's starter fully evolves only 47 eps into the series, so it's first two stages are going to barely be around...
Dumb point
> Ash has 4 captures with almost no screentime between them all...
Fair
>I have no idea what they plan to do with Koharu. Having a series with a girl with very little screentime wasn't the best of ideas
Dumb and coomer point
>Ash has to climb all the ranks yet the series is a year in already.
Dumb point
>All the Galar Gym leaders besides Bea and Raihan haven't appeared yet...
Dumb point
>90% of Galar pokemon themselves have no episodes
Dumb point

Seems like he is doing a good job when you only have one proper argument against him
>>
>>45506484
I think Scorbunny evolution time is fine. Each evolution have show all they got to show. Or maybe that just me because people also complain charizard evolution is too fast while i find it actually long
>>
>>45506848
Cinderace will be around though for about 100+ eps at least since it's Go's starter. Feels very weird to have a fully evolved 3 stage starter this early when there's 100+ eps left.
>>
>>45506868
That was the same case with Charizard
>>
>>45506879
Charizard didn't obey Ash until halfway into Orange Islands, and then left in early Johto
>>
>>45506771
The Japanese want Action Koharu.
>>
>>45506883
Ash still used it though and it appeared a lot even though it didn’t obey orders. It was released 90+ episodes after fully evolving
>>
>>45506484
>- I have no idea what they plan to do with Koharu. Having a series with a girl with very little screentime wasn't the best of ideas.
I think there was an interview where the idea was that she would gradually become part of the main cast, but that hasn't happened yet because they decided to focus on Ash and Goh first. With her getting an Eevee soon maybe things are starting to change.
>>
Bros... It's a year later, the show is still boring and ironically shitposting about Ash/Go shipping is getting old for me... 1 joke can only go so far.
>>
Farfetch'd is giving Palpitoad a run for its money for least used Ash pokemon.
>>
File: chad tears.png (1.02 MB, 994x1077)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB PNG
>>45507058
>>
>>45507077
At least Dragonite is getting next weeks filler.
>>
>>45507058
Palpitoad was used 3 times in the span of 130+ episodes. Farfetch’d has been used twice in the span of 20 episodes
>>
>>45507029
Have you tried shitposting about Lucario/Cinderace shipping? Maybe you can get a year of that
>>
>>45507099
Was Palpitoad really used that little? I never got to watch BW in its entirety.
>>
Ash's Lucario is pretty weak which is disappointing.
>>
>>45507146
Four times. Two gym battles, the club battle, and a League battle. And then a group picture in the end.
>>
>>45507194
How? It fought two absurdly strong legendaries already, tanking hits from both of them, and one shot both of Rose’s Pokémon, who was a runner up in the Pokémon League.
>>
>>45507200
What about as a Tympole?
>>
>>45507212
tanking hits means nothing if he can't hurt them, beating Rose's Pokemon was clearly plot armor similar to how Cinderance won for no reason, Lucario was only able to stand up to Mewtwo was because he was fighting in a team with Go.
>>
>>45507125
Nah`
>>
>>45507212
>runner up in the Pokémon League
is this canon in the anime?
>>
>>45507912
Kukui is champion tier in the anime and games so it must be true.
>>
>>45508011
>Kukui is champion tier in the anime
lol, wait you are serious? that makes it funnier
>>
>>45508011
not every character is the same as their game version, if it wasn't mentioned then rose is not THAT strong
>>
>>45495138
Funny thing is that most people on my local Pokemon Go group just stopped watching the anime because it lost every connection to the prior seasons.

XYZ was the last good season.
>>
>>45508073
>it lost every connection to the prior seasons
They were obviously not watching the anime to begin with
>>
>>45506868
This makes me think, Goh will be fighting tougher pokemon.
>>
>>45508073
Yeah Pokemon Journeys is pretty awful. The only thing hyped about it is Ash's potential team.
>>
File: 1586742297693.png (144 KB, 482x400)
144 KB
144 KB PNG
And so, Go's beloved starter is too big to follow him and is shoved in a ball.
I knew this day was coming... and yet, I can't accept it.
>>
>>45507219
Didn't he catch it as a Palpitoad?
>>
>>45508289
I don't know, like I said I didn't watch much of BW
>>
>>45508289
Yes he did
>>
>>45508277
Cinderance is enslaved and Sobble is the hit now.
>>
Lucario and Koharu are the only good things about PM
everything else is trash
>>
File: img_top_mainchara.png (353 KB, 980x978)
353 KB
353 KB PNG
>>45508851
Sobble is just the cutemon now, Cinderace got a promotion to an ace.
>>
>>45509157
Until Sobble goes Emo and replaces Cinderance.
>>
>>45509157
>Cinderace got a promotion to an ace.
While getting demoted to a ball mon lmao
>>
>>45508277
Tinymons reign supreme unfortunately
>>
>>45507267
A fighting type defeating steal type is plot armor to you ?
>>
>>45509539
I fail to see any relevance in this when Lucario didn't use any fighting moves.
>>
Hi serenabros I stopped watching the half of sun moon season
How many episodes did serena get for her return companions special episodes
>>
>>45509587
>>
>>45509649
Anon I...
>>
>>45509649
SM was not allowed to be good on any front so the return episodes were spent on KANTOOOOO pandering. Which is par for the course for SM. you were right to drop it. Serena's last appearance is this cameo in movie 20 along with all non-SM companions.
>>
File: EngxkTQXcAMbbLL.jpg (48 KB, 460x323)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
Magazine scans about next week episode
>>
>>45510406
This ep looks like hot garbage.
>>
>>45508073
>XYZ was the last good season.

That's DP, not XY&Z
XY and XY&Z were the second worst series after BW.
>>
>>45510530
Famon go back to twitter
>>
>>45510406
This ep looks fun
>>
Guys I'm scared about the DP remake rumors. What does it mean for the anime? Other than Cynthia being relevant again. We already revisit Sinnoh this series so it's not gonna be much different.

Will Dawn appear? Will she not?
>>
>>45510406
>TR caught a Pikachu after several attempts
>they still feel like using it to kidnap Ash's
Geez, these dumbasses can't take a silver medal for once.
>>
Dogasu explains here why Mewtwo's VA may not come back again:

https://forums.bulbagarden.net/index.php?threads/jn046-battle-and-catch-the-revival-of-mewtwo.283467/page-5#post-7134769

>Because he's too big a star. Masachika Ichimura's not that well known to us Westerners because he doesn't have a bunch of anime voiceover work on his resume but he is an absolute TITAN in the world of Japanese theater. He's had leading roles in plays like Jesus Christ Superstar, West Side Story, Cats, Phantom of the Opera (his performance in this one is what originally caught director Kunihiko Yuyama's eye, apparently), Miss Saigon, Sweeny Todd, Scrooge, tons of Shakespeare, and many, many more. Even if you don't know a lick of Japanese a quick glance at his stage resume here reveals that this man's done a lot of theater.

>He's also been in a lot of Japanese movies and TV shows over the years, though most of those, like his stage shows, have only really been seen by Japanese audiences.

>I suppose a rough equivalent of him in the U.S. would be someone like Nathan Lane or James Earl Jones or, if you want someone more contemporary, Lin-Manuel Miranda. Maybe TPCi could pull some strings and snag one of those actors for a single movie or TV special, sure, but a whole story arc? Yeah, that'd be next to impossible.

>It's the same with Masachika Ichimura and Mewtwo.
>>
>>45511013
>Cats
>>
>>45511013
A story arc in Pokémon is an equivalent to a movie. Crunchyroll said there’d be 3 episodes, that’s perfectly fine for TPCi. Dogasu’s talking out of his ass.
>>
>>45511099
>Crunchyroll
>>
>>45511013
What is he on about? Even Serena Williams had time to do VA despite the tennis schedule being way more packed.
Also Mark Hamill, Bradley Cooper, Bryan Cranston... the list goes on.
Literally his argument is looking at a wikipedia page and thinking "this guy surely is very busy"

Unless Dogasu has access to the guy's salary and personal schedule then he has no evidence
>>
>>45510790
Cynthia returns and wastes Leon
>>
>>45510969
That's a Robot, not a real Pikachu.
>>
>>45509475
Well at least it gets used.
Raichu hasn't been on screen since her capture. It's insulting.
>>
>>45511013
>Masachika Ichimura
I thought he was dead, but apparently I was thinking of the 4Kids voice.
>>
>>45511726
Can’t be thinking of him either because Dan Green isn’t dead. Hell, he just reprised the role in Evolution
>>
>>45512043
Well, there was another guy before Dan, but he's still alive too. It was a long time ago, I just remember someone died.
>>
Action Koharu when?
>>
>>45510790
>Will Dawn appear?
Yes.
>>
>>45492794
Go killed the show
>>
File: EnM1pcLXYAIpFZ_.jpg (119 KB, 976x879)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
>>
>>45508169

Yeah, that anon is full of shit. PM has more continuity then any series since DP.
>>
>>45508073
This. SuMo has the reddit art style, no battles and gay humour.
PM has the same reddit art style with a few changes, the tranny and lot of shitskins like Leon and his boyfriend
>>
hype when
>>
These slow threads are very comfy I'd rather take 2 days threads than amourshipping sperging
>>
new 2 posts early thread
>>45514174
>>45514174
>>45514174

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.