[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: celebi.png (348 KB, 614x379)
348 KB
348 KB PNG
>current hunt/game?
>most recent hunted/accidental shiny?
>hopes and dreams for future shiny balltism combos?
>>
I’ve been resetting for a shiny giratina in platinum for a full year straight. Call me pathetic/wasting time I don’t even care I am not fucking giving up.
>>
>>45485594
triple hunting for shiny totodile in hgss while also hunting for a tympole in bw for a sbq. wish me luck boys

last successful hunt was for the last ultrabeast i was missing on ultrasun, xurkitree. I still need the UM exclusives, but I am not in the mood to play any Gen 7 game again. I'd like to start my third SBQ in the ORAS games soon though.
>>
>>45485594
>current hunt/game?
Teddiursa in SS/Togepi in Shield
Skarmory in Blaze Black 2
i'd like to get an articuno in a dive ball, fucked it up when i got it in USUM and got it in an ultra without thinking (though i didn't care too much, a shiny's a shiny).
>>
>current hunt/game?
Shiny rattata in SS at 1240 RE
mareep the other day in SS in a few hundred RE
>>
>get distracted while picking up an egg
>accidentally hit B
>”well ill keep it for myself!”
help me convince myself that egg wasnt the shiny and i just gave it up, bros
>>
>>45486815
In some games eggs get generated fully only when you accept it, PID varying on frame.
It was an incomplete mess of half-code, you lost nothing. If you worry about this, you may as well worry about hitting A too late and missing a shiny frame.
>>
File: 1468691470636.jpg (58 KB, 625x468)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>finally hatch shiny Snom
>IVs aren't where i'd like them to be
>male

guess i'll keep hatching...
>>
>>45485594
20ish pokemon until I'm done with my shiny living dex (at least the ones you can breed for) I hope I will be done by the end of the week.. breeding on 4 3DS at the same time should allow me to do so.
>>
>current hunt/game?
lunala in max lair
about 4 shinies in a row in the max lair
lureball necrozma
>>
File: clovershiny.png (20 KB, 1444x633)
20 KB
20 KB PNG
This is the first shiny I've ever encountered in all my time playing pokemon. It's in pokemon Clover though, so I don't know if it counts or if the encounter rate is buffed.

Too bad it's shit. Speed is its best base stat and attack is its lowest.
>>
>Started hunting in Let’s Go and it’s been better than I thought. Currently I’m hunting for a Sanshrew for my Shiny Kanto Livind Dex.
>Yesterday got a Caterpie and a Sandshrew in Let’s Go
>>
File: file.png (3.58 MB, 1920x1080)
3.58 MB
3.58 MB PNG
>>45485594
Hunting the damn Spiritomb. Got to 500 beated this week and now I believe i'm about 100+ encounters in and still no shiny in sight. I'm just not built for the chaining method I guess
>>
>Current/Game?
Looking a 2nd Sqwovet for the line in event dens in Sword, probably go back to DA, Terrakion or Spiritomb when I get the wee fucker.
>Hunted/Accidental?
Hunted an Elekid in US either yesterday or the day before (now an Electvire) again to finish the family as I had a shiny Elekid already and I found a shiny Electabuzz in the 10 minutes I got to play GO last sunday's CD.
Last accidental one was a Farfetch'd on the 5th Sept, hatching eggs on Route 5 in Sword.
>Balltism?
Not my bag, or rather that kind of balltism ain't my bag. All shinies go in Luxury balls, where possible.
>>
>>45487548
beaten*
>>
>>45487548
Chaining doesn't work on stationary. I went 1.4-1.5k kills and nothing to show when hunting Virizion,. It showed up in the high 1,500's.
>>
File: file.png (11 KB, 553x125)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
>>45487575
Is that confirmed? From what I can tell Shiny chaining always takes a long ass time because the boosted odds at max will only activate 3% of the time or something.
>>
>>45487557
Wait, wasn't counting DA shinies as accidentals, that'd be a Wartortle (now a Blastiose and yet another line complete).
>>
>Random encounters
Alolan Sandshrew and Murkrow this morning in GO
>Active hunts
Pikachu on LGPE, Charmander on SWSH, and shiny checking on POGO

Magmar Community Day tomorrow, lads
>>
>>45487589
Yep, dataminers confirmed it's only for overworld spawns, not the stationary legends/spiritomb.
>>
>>45487599
I found 7 of them in a fire friend safari hunting for a Larvesta I never got (did find one, killed it with a crit). I'm not PUSHING to get them, but if one comes along, I'll take it.
>>
>>45487589
https://twitter.com/SciresM/status/1320498367378632704
>>
>>45485594
>current hunt/game?
Mesprit in ORAS

Smogo in Crystal

Honor ball only. I'd rather miss the shiny than capture it with another kind of ball
>>
>>45487634
>>45487604
Fuck me. well at least I got some decent exp off of it
>>
File: miltank.png (268 KB, 896x351)
268 KB
268 KB PNG
>miltank, UM
>onix, gold (hunted), slowpoke, UM (accidental)
>dive ball mew is really appealing but i don't want to ACE in my copy of emerald to get to faraway island. battery's dead anyway

i wil be posting this picture once in every /shw/ until i get my miltank. fyi
>>
The other day I decided "fuck it" and went to go hunt for stufful in Shield while waiting for food, and within three encounters found one. Now I'm breeding for a Buneary just for the fuck of it, they're cute.

Will be trying for a max lair tapu lele soon too... wish me luck
>>
File: shiny.jpg (809 KB, 3190x1732)
809 KB
809 KB JPG
This guy finally showed up. Fuck yeah
>>
>>45488002
Super nice. Congrats, anon!
>>
>>45488002
I'm still looking for this fucker as an HM slave
>>
File: IMG_20201119_171150.jpg (967 KB, 4608x3456)
967 KB
967 KB JPG
>>45485594
>Current hunt?
Active, none for now. But I plan on continuing my Regidrago shiny hunt when I have the energy to.

>Last hunt?
This little fella here! A female shiny Torchic with HA and Safari Ball hatched on egg number 112! Very surprised how good this one turned out to be.

>Future shiny balltism combos?
Hoping to get a shiny HA Pinsir on Sport Ball. Before Torchic I was making Pinsir eggs to see if I got lucky (nothing though). I probably will continue that hunt someday.
>>
>>45488078
Hunting this in a Safari Ball right now myself. Hope to get some luck soon.
>>
Has anyone ever done shiny hunting in GSC VC? I want to hunt for shiny Celebi anyway, so I'm tempted to try it out while playing Crystal. Seems like an interesting challenge.
>>
>>45485594
I’m gonna shiny hunt the swords of justice, regis, and Reshiram in White. This is gonna take fucking forever, isn’t it?
>>
>>45488920
yeah it's great

lean towards button command SRs instead of the touch screen though. touch screen SRs reset the game in a way that makes the RNG less varied
>>
>>45488948
Actually, can I save scum for the Swords of Justice in SWSH? I have the shiny charm so it would be easier if I could?
>>
File: Danny the sentret 101.06.jpg (308 KB, 2287x1710)
308 KB
308 KB JPG
>current hunt/game?
Dual hunting Heracross in SS for #2 in SBQ/Torchic for DT
Got this fella after double odds in Soul Silver for my first member of the shiny badge quest.
Give us a purple or yellow ball that looks good.
>>
>>45488948
>and Reshiram in White.
aren't Reshiram/Zekrom locked in gen 5?
>>
>>45488981
Fuuuuuck, you’re right. It’s been years so I completely forgot.
>>
>>45488981
Yep. Also Reshiram's in Black.
>>
>>45488838
Best of luck with it, pal, you can do it
>>
>>45485594
I was planning on hunting Smeargle in Colosseum. I plan on doing the ribbon challenge thing I seen a while ago where you get every ribbon in the games (forgot what the challenge was called).
Currently working on completing the dex in Platinum so I can transfer said Smeargle.
I have a homebrewed wii, so I'm going to transfer the save from dolphin over to physical memory card.
Wish me luck /shw/, as Colo/XD is cancer to hunt shinies in.
>>
>>45485594

>Current
Soft Reseting in front of an about to spawn Nidoran male

>Recent
Shiny Sharpedo out of nowhere

>Balltism
The main reason I’m doing Nidoran is because I really want Nidoking to be in a moon ball and his shiny form matches it perfectly. I don’t like giving him the love or heart balls
>>
>>45488973
Can anyone confirm that I can save in front of the Swords of Justice in the wild in SWSH and keep reseting until they’re shiny?
>>
>>45489321
Yes they aren't shiny locked. I also think you can run away, open camp, exit, and it will respawn but im not entirely sure about that.
>>
>>45489321

They work the same way spawn encounters work. Once they spawn, it’s determined.
Save before they spawn into the overworld, then you can simply soft reset, push forward and see if their shiny
>>
I thought I read somewhere that ball guy gives you apricorn balls at random after you beat the league.
Is that true or does it have to be cramomatic?
>>
>>45489321
As >>45489371 said, encounter, run, camp, repeat works. If you camp where it spawns, it respawns and enters a battle as it does.
>>
I watched ADrive’s video about Dynamax adventure shinies and I notice this idiot lumps the percentages together

>4 chances of a 1/100 with Shiny Charm means you have a 1/25 chance of encountering a shiny!

That’s not how that percentages works
>>
Got two shiny meltan out of the box there now.
>>45489658
Thank you, I said that before and got told to shut up, I was wrong.
>>
>>45485594
>current hunt/game?
Applin in Sword.
Got two shiny Meltan in GO from my second Mystery Box after having no luck with the first one. Before that I randomly found a marked shiny Zubat.
I just want easily obtainable balls in every basic color and the ability to change a mon's ball. But of course Game Freak gonna Game Freak so this will never happen. Seriously, how the fuck do we have three red balls and one yellow ball that are orange on the menu screen for some reason, but zero balls that are actually orange in battle?
>>45489658
It's an approximation you dip. 1-(99/100)^4=1/25.378, lrn2probability.
>>
>>45489658

A lot of people think that percentages means out of the denominator as a total.

No, having a 100 of them doesn’t mean your guaranteed, it means each one has a 1/100 chance.
>>
>>45489969

Chances don’t suddenly go up anon.
It just means you have 4 chances of a 1/100.
>>
Currently soft resetting for a shiny starter in SoulSilver. What's the average of encountering one? Been at it for 2 days now. I know that's nothing compared to some hunts, I'd just like to know what I've gotten myself into.
>>
File: 1598374890877.png (57 KB, 222x184)
57 KB
57 KB PNG
>>45490119
1 in every 8192, yknow, full odds.
>>
>>45490378
It's more like 1/2700 since you get 3 chances per reset
>>
>>45490418
no, it's 1/8192 for each starter, not 3/8192 moron
>>
>>45490418

That’s not how chances work
And that’s assuming the anon isn’t soft resetting for a specific shiny
>>
>>45490449
I'm resetting for any of the 3. In a perfect world it'll be Chikorita but I'll take any of the others if they show up. It'l give me an excuse to play through the game with a starter other than Chikorita.
>>
>hunting
Shuckle
>recent
articuno from dynamax adventure and galarian articuno with a mark cause I hear some hunt for that
>balltism
I don't care for balltism, I just try to catch everything in a standard pokeball
>>45489658
adrive, like all other "professional" shiny hunters, is a fucking retard who don't fact check
>>
File: 1603491339290.jpg (67 KB, 888x499)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
SR for eevee in SS and Totodile in crystal was gonna use a 3rd 3ds for X and froakie but i forgot about the nickname section so i think ill just stick with johto for now
>>
>YouTube Thumbnail
>Instantly get any shiny raid Pokémon
>SUPER EASY

>You need a friend, a second switch and a website seed finder

Fuck you
>>
>>45490755
If you really want an easy shiny just do wormholes in USUM, travelling a far enough distance practically guarantees a shiny for non legendaries
>>
>>45490798
or you find yourself a comfy shiny frame in emerald
>>
>>45490705
>I don't care for balltism, I just try to catch everything in a standard pokeball
That's still balltism though...
>>
File: fishingruby.png (37 KB, 349x399)
37 KB
37 KB PNG
>>45485594
>current hunt/game?
Horsea, but Sharpedo and Wailmer are fine too. Ruby.

While hunting regular Feebas to complete the dex, got an accidental shiny Carvanha.

I usually don't go for conventional balltism combos, I thought up a neat hunt idea. Ruby is the only gen 3 game where you can repel trick Wailord. Since it's Wai(lord) I thought a Luxury Ball was fitting and it generally sounds like an interesting hunt so I might try it.

I've been interested with the idea of hunting all fishing encounters for the longest time. so I'm gonna go ham on that until I get burn out.
>>
Damnit. For the next game, I hope GF increase the amount of storage box in PC. I got 4 boxes full of shinies already and they are messing up with my storage.
>>
Actual question here.
I've just got this little guy from the Odd Egg. Can I use it to breed shinies with the female Machop we can trade with in Goldenrod?
I’m asking because all other Pokémon from the Odd Egg are always female and I don’t know if being shiny messes with Tyrogue’s IVs or whatever.
>>
>>45485594
>current hunt/game?
Female feebas, SS. I'm two shiny males in and 1000 egg streak with no shiny.
Other than those males, accidental vanillish
Saw some popplio on the GTS with non-standard balls and I'm looking into whether they could be legal. If so, going for a popplio in a dive ball.
>>
>>45485594
>current hunt/game?
Putting all of my current hunts on hold in Sun & UM in order to do some breeding.
Another accidental Shiny Torkoal while messing around on Route 12 in hopes of finding a Shiny Geodude/Graveler.
At this rate, I've caught so many Shiny Torkoals & Mudbrays on that route that I could probably make a team consistng entirely of them if I ever bothered to keep all of them.
Nothing comes to mind. I'm generally not that concerned with balltism combos.
>>
>>45492349
Both gender and shininess are 100% dependent on IVs.
>>
>>45492156
More PC storage is always one of my biggest wishes.
I'm such a hoarder that I rarely ever have much space left.
>>
>current hunt/game?
Registeel... ~4.2k resets in, started 28/10. :/ I hate SR. Can't give up because I already got Regirock (812 SR)

Spiritomb in 661 eggs, which I hunted after hitting 3k on Registeel.

I just wish we could craft apricorn balls ourselves instead of that stupid cram-o-matic.
>>
>>45492430
Yes, my question is if I can use it to breed shinies just like the red Gyarados method.
The way I see it, the Tyrogue might have IVs to be female, but it’s male because of its species. So I’m not sure the shiny value can be inherited in this case.
>>
>>45492459
>>45486965
>>
Got my shiny beast ball nihilego (nicknamed Nihegao) last night, feels good. Probably my VGC MVP with these double/triple kills
>>
>>45492474
Yeah, the same idea.
I’ll do it then. At least I’ll be able to get a shiny Machop, because the red Gyarados method takes ages to get a single egg as both parents have the same trainer ID in my case.
>>
File: 1583631868507.gif (495 KB, 400x364)
495 KB
495 KB GIF
>>45485614
You can do it, anon
>>
File: 20200106_135344.jpg (3.19 MB, 4032x2268)
3.19 MB
3.19 MB JPG
>>45485594
>current hunt/game?
Shaymin in Pt
Darkrai in platinum
Hyper ball shiny rayquaza
>>
File: 1581877208981.png (67 KB, 700x803)
67 KB
67 KB PNG
last stretch, friends
>>
Probably over 500 eggs for Noibat now, still going
>>
bump
>>
Can someone please sprinkle some luck my way so I can finally find this stupid assdeer?
>>
>>45494026
good luck anon youll get your gay deer soon enough
>>
>>45490070
Which mean P(X ≥ 1) = 0.0394399. And P(X = 1) = 0.03881196. The probability that Pokemon 1 or Pokemon 2 or Pokemon 3 or Pokemon 4 is shiny is Ptotal.
>>
>current hunt
Dream Ball Toxel in Shield. Waiting for my 8bitdo pro before I start. It'll be the third member of my SBQ
>Most recent
Love Ball Mime Jr., Love Ball Sneasel, Ultra Ball Elekid, Luxury Ball Bonsly, and Luxury Ball Feebas. All this past week, and the first two were MMed.
>>
File: Shiny-Meowth.png (10 KB, 250x250)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
>current hunt/game?
Trying to hatch a shiny Margikarp for the Battle Tower in Shield.
Shiny luxury ball Kantonian Meowth in Shield.
Something that strongly matches shiny Flygon.

Also doing some shiny hunting in USUM to transfer over to home. What ball best matches shiny Alolan Marowak? I'm thinking Dusk Ball, just because of the green/purple, but my default is to catch everything in a Beast Ball, because it's such a cool design.
>>
File: 1589920474210.png (356 KB, 492x504)
356 KB
356 KB PNG
>>45492536
stop saying Hyper ball you fucking retard
>>
>>45494309
hyper ball you fucking retard
>>
Imagine taking pride in wasting hours upon hours of your limited time on Earth to get a Pokémon with a different color. You people have no self respect.
>>
>>45494637
let people have fun with whatever they want to you fucking mongoloid
>>
>>45494637
Imagine taking pride in wasting hours upon hours of your limited time on earth to shit on other people on how they waste their time. You have no self respect.
>>
>>45492536
Sick shiny
>>
What's the best way to get a 6iv jap ditto in sword? Either legally or illegaly
>>
>>45494309
this is such a strange thing to be bothered by
>>
>>45495030
Honestly, the least cumbersome way of going about it would just be to buy one on ebay, it's a couple dollars at most and it saves you the time of doing it yourself
If you don't feel like shilling out the money and you don't own a cheating device, the next best thing would be to start up a Gen 7 game in Japanese and SOS chain a Ditto, tho honestly I'd personally much rather pay the equivalent of a Big Mac than not having to deal with that
>>
Does the charizard line have a higher shiny rate in raids? I just caught my second one in a year while randomly doing raids this afternoon and I don't know whether to feel amazed, or condescended to
>>
>>45485594
I plan on hunting Shiny Eevee in Pokemon Crystal through breeding. Can anybody tell me if I have this right? SF = "Shiny Family". which means the Pokemon can create a Shiny baby.

Male Shiny Gyarados + Female Ekans = SF Female Ekans

Male Ekans + SF Female Ekans = SF Male Ekans

Female Meowth + SF Male Ekans = SF Female Meowth

Male Eevee + SF Female Meowth = Shiny Eevee

Is this right? I don't want to start breeding and waste my time.
>>
>>45495217
you're on the right track. keep in mind that gen 2 egg spawn rates are abysmal if you use a different species/same OT coupling, so it might be worth chaining until you have a regular male eevee and a SF female eevee
>>
>>45495134
>cheating device
Do those even exist for Switch?
>>
>>45495433
Well you can crack the early switches so for sure there are. Besides that you can transfer one in from an earlier game.
>>
>>45495433
>>45495443
>Besides that you can transfer one in from an earlier game.
Indeed, using a Japanese gen 5 game and an Action Replay is an easy way to crank out 6iv dittos
>>
>>45485594
>current hunt/game?
None
Shiny Celebi in Crystal VC. Stopped counting about 1700 resets in. I estimate it's somewhere between 2k to 3k.

I don't think I will ever shiny hunt again because I will never complete a hunt harder than the Celebi one. I didn't even attempt to hunt a single legendaries in dynamax adventure despite having a 1/100 odd.
>>
>current hunt/game?
Shield, stumbled upon Cobalion and I'm trying to get it shiny
been a while, can't remember
luxury ball Ho-Oh
>>
File: forever.jpg (34 KB, 640x480)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>45495609
>I don't think I will ever shiny hunt again
>>
>>45495443
But you don't need any device to crack a Switch, just a piece of wire.
For 3DS I guess If you are above 11.3.0 but below 11.14.0 (although you could just update it...) you would need a flashcard, which while more expensive than one piece of fast food it has an additional, more important use; like playing Pokémon games that are actually good.

Honestly, with how "hackable" consoles are and the convenience of R4, I haven't understood why anyone would bother with any dedicated cheating device after GBA.
>>
>>45495609
>I don't think I will ever shiny hunt again
This is what I said after shiny breeding my last batch (gothita in gen 5, which I failed and just cheated in, and bounsweet in gen 7), but here I am again, hating every step of it.
I'm glad that now I have PC access on the spot though, and that eggs can be sent directly to the PC.
>>
>>45489026
Got it this morning! It was Blaze though so thank god for the Ability Patch.
>>
>>45495737
I didnt say anything about device to hack simply that you can do it. I actually have a hacked 3ds on my table now. Alas no Switch though.
>>
>>45495134
do discords not exist for this kind of thing?
>>
>>45494309
Oh forgive me, we called them like that in my cunt
>>
in your what, mate
>>
>>45495217
Why not just get a male shiny Ekans from the gyarados breed?
>>
>>45497422
in gen 2, offspring inherit defense and special DVs from their parent of the opposite gender (the other DVs are independently generated). the red gyarados is always male in GSC, so only female immediate offspring inherit its stats
>>
>>45485594
I shiny hunted once. It wasn't fun.
>>
>current hunt/game?
Shiny Aipom, Colosseum
Bred a Shiny Impidimp a few days ago

Planning on getting all of the ribbons on Aipom, shame it can't get into gen 8 yet but I'll move it from emulator to gen 7 as legally as possible
>>
>>45497546
How's the hunting technique in Colosseum? I assume it's just Soft resetting before the trainer battle, catching the mon and switching it in to see if it's shiny?
>>
File: 1593197464581.gif (2.59 MB, 168x168)
2.59 MB
2.59 MB GIF
>>45486906
>hatch my 2nd shiny Snom
>5IVs in all except sp.atk
>also male

and the hunt continues!
>>
>>45497790
How come you don't chain wild Snoms with male cute charm lead to get a higher female chance? That's what I did to hunt my shiny female Combee and then I can just use bottlecaps and mints to change the IVs and Nature.
>>
>>45497805
>5IV
Not him, but that's why, best you're getting in wild encounters is 3 guaranteed.
>>
>>45497805
cause i don't want one with a garbage nature, IVs and without a hidden ability

yes I know all those things can be changed but the BP cost is way more time than im willing to put in.
>>
>>45495335
Thanks! Luckily the Eevee I got from Goldenrod is female so hopefully I can use her.
>>
>>45497820
I'm assuming the pokemon is for competitive and not for continuous breeding, so I say again: Bottle caps exist for hypertraining IVs.

>>45497824
If you get a shiny female Snom through chaining, I'll help out with bottlecaps, mints and ability patch.
>>
File: third is the charm.jpg (263 KB, 1280x1440)
263 KB
263 KB JPG
>>45492423
And done after five more boxes. That one weak stat though.
Now to try with popplio. Let's see if my sanity can hold up until I get a female one.
>>
File: showdown.jpg (117 KB, 1280x720)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
Lets go shiny hunts are my favorite since DP radars. Someone sugg me something the hunt while I sr for Celebi!
>>
>>45497867
Staryu
>>
>>45497855
>anon's breeding for a F starter
>"let's see if my sanity can hold up"

d-do I tell them?
>>
File: IMG_20200510_210753.jpg (418 KB, 1920x1080)
418 KB
418 KB JPG
>>45497855
>Now to try with popplio. Let's see if my sanity can hold up until I get a female one.
allow me to be the first anon to welcome you to hell

>ten males later
>>
>>45497855
Don't listen to 'em, got this little lady in 19 eggs and got a F Riolu first-time out too. You might be alright.
>>
>>45497652
Unfortunately you cannot save wherever you want in Colosseum, only at PCs, which makes hunting certain shinies a pain in the ass cause you gotta walk from the nearest PC. Then there's also some battles where the shadow pokemon can be their first, or their last Pokemon, but in general the ideal method is to bring 1 pokemon that can sweep the trainer's team with things like EQ, and then catching the shadow pokemon. Since all battles are double battles, you'll immediately send it out upon catching it and that's your shiny check. The colosseum bonus disc lets you get a master ball at the start of the game so most people use that to save time too.
>>
File: 1465489430625.jpg (342 KB, 1920x1200)
342 KB
342 KB JPG
>>45497906
Got a RE starmie in sword a few weeks ago. How about another?
>>
>>45486815
No use crying over what ifs. Get your ass back out there and get that fucking shiny!
>>
>>45497957
NOOOO DELETE THIS
>>
>>45497969
If it helps, I'm delaying breeding a second Scorbunny, 'cause I know the little fucker'll be another boy.
>>
>>45497867
>>45497962
How about a Lickitung?

>>45497959
Oh yeah, I forgot about the save situation in colosseum. Thanks for the extra info also, I might look into shiny hunting in Colosseum sometime.
>>
>>45497485
Thanks for the explanation anon.
>>
>>45497931
About the 12 or 16% female ratio?

>>45497957
>19 eggs
I expect to go through at least 1900. I just hope it isn't 19000.
>>
>>45498025
I'll be honest, I hit the fucking lottery with her and I understand that. But I also think MM's being a lot more generous in general to me overall.
>>
>>45498025
about your sanity already being compromised
>>
>>45498041
It's like one shiny female in 7 shinies! I just hatched three shiny feebas in one week. What could possibly go wrong?
>>
famous last words
>>
File: 1604125872649.png (291 KB, 531x480)
291 KB
291 KB PNG
>>45498090
You never heard of Combee guy, eh?
>>
File: file.png (34 KB, 250x250)
34 KB
34 KB PNG
Any tips on how to find this bugger? Is there no faster way than just connecting to random 5 star raids and resetting when its not shiny? I'm not wasting time clearing all of my dens out just to spawn him in
>>
To those searching for a shiny female that has low chance, keep at it guys. I'm the Torchic guy, to say I got mine as female and I can ensure it is very possible, just gotta pray to RNG. Keep trying and you will get it!
>>
>>45498216
Goddamnit I found one immediately after posting this and it broke free
>>
>>45498216
Best way to find it is roll the date and keep checking. Save at every 5* and check.
Go to the stony wilderness and the triangle of dens. Drop a wishing piece in and check if it's an event den. If not, try the next den, you're just looking an event pokémon. If it's a 5* Sqwovet, save and enter the battle, if it's not shiny, close game and restart. if it's not shiny or not a 5*Squizzle, invite others, dashboad to settings and date/time. Turn off auto update and push the day forward one. Save, re-enter the game and leave the battle. The den will reroll (provision to prevent dens getting locked over a day change) and you can check again. Repeat as needed.
>>
>>45498251
Dang, that's unfortunate. Yeah, these squirrels are hard to get, got one get out of Heal Ball with no shake. Since I had more than 20 Master Balls (no cheats, got them on a massive Discord giveaway), just threw one to the next I found. Guess promoted is a bit harder
>>
>>45498237
Still beats hunting a shiny of any kind in gen 3.
>>
>>45497991
>>45497959
I thought the PID was generated a second time upon purifying the Pokémon though? Wouldn't that make it so a shiny shadow isn't necessarily a shiny usable mon?
>>
>marathon all the pokemon games
>get to SwSh
>had pokerus twice but no shiny
>see shiny Gible in max raid
>throw ultra as it's the first shiny i've seen since starting marathon
>somehow breaks out the ultra ball

I fucking hate it bros
>>
>>45498267
That is for sure. Gen 3 is the only gen that doesn't have way of lowering chances at all, which sucks
>>
>>45498269
The real shinies were the friends you made along the way :)
>>
>>45498268
Pretty sure that's a rumor that's been dispelled for years, there's videos of people finding shiny shadow pokemon on youtube and purifying them into shinies.
>>
>>45498310
I thought that was the only way to shiny hunt shadows.
Shit, I've heard anons in /shw/ explicitly tell others the shinies got rolled twice, once on being used as a shadow and once after purification.
>>
>>45498355
Sorry bro but you've been lied to, or you may be getting that mixed up with the fact that a Pokemon will turn shiny after you catch it. Trainers in the game have their own PID so a shiny for you isn't necessarily a shiny for them, so it'll be normal and then turn shiny after capture, or vice versa.
>>
>>45498355
Shinyness is calculated twice, but it's not before or after purification, but once for the opponent and once for you after you capture it
Meaning that the horror scenario is seeing an opposing trainer sending out a shadow shiny, since it'll be rerolled once you capture it
>>
>>45492689
Are you the Living Dex guy?
>>
File: 1605180303875.jpg (63 KB, 315x304)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>45497932
>"Damn, ten tries that must-"
>Sees ability
I'm sorry Anon but that made me laugh.
>>
So is the DLC worth it? Not just from a shiny POV, but in general?
>>45498183
>Combee guy was nearly 7 years ago
Jesus
>>
>>45498216
>>45498265
Holy crap what is with this thing? I got one on the second one but then I found a third and fourth and it broke out both of those times.
>>
>>45498446
desu i wasn't aiming for liquid voice. even i'm not that far gone
>>
>current hunt/game?
Authentic Sinistea in Shield. I found a shiny, but it was a forgery, so the hunt continues. Phase 14. Pic related is my phase box so far. If I ever get my Sinistea I'm dumping all those shinies into my shiny living dex I'm working on.
The most recent Sinistea, but before it was a Staryu I got while taking a break from Sinistea. Found it in under 100 encounters.
There should be at least one ball of all the common colors. There's no brown aside from Level Balls and those are more of a tan. If I hunt Regirock in the future, what am I gonna stick it in? I guess a Safari Ball might look alright, but those are a pain to get.
>>
File: Phase 14.jpg (90 KB, 1280x720)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
>>45498513
Forgot my pic whoops
>>
>>45498524
Were the Polteagist found as Sinistea?
>>
>>45498269
Do you ever try to complete the Pokedex? I do in every game I play and just by doing it I tend to get 1-2 shiny's a playthrough.
On top of that you could also try never using repels, but I'm really bad at this, so I'll rarely do it. I find it hard to focus when I'm trying to clear an area while being stopped every couple of seconds by an encounter, but everyone's different in that regard. If you can handle the tedium that's an option also.
Sometimes I watch shiny videos while I hunt, and people in the comments are always complaining that they've never seen a shiny, but I bet it's because they've never bothered to fill the Pokedex, and use repels the first chance they get up until they beat the game. Of course you won't find a shiny.
>>
>>45498537
Only the first one. The second one was an overworld spawn as a Polteageist that ended up using Memento and dying, so I didn't actually get that shiny. I'm just counting it as a phase. The second Polteageist is an authentic Thorny marked I found during the story, but it's not shiny. I'm just using Beauchamp as a placeholder.
>>
>two marked shiny applin within five encounters of each other
>one has 0 attack ivs
brb buying a lottery ticket
>>
File: 1473689590976.png (359 KB, 709x447)
359 KB
359 KB PNG
>regret picking a girl protag and want to start over
>only just finished the pokedex and got the shiny charm
>>
File: Dile.jpg (904 KB, 1431x2544)
904 KB
904 KB JPG
>>45490119
And now I can finally play the game.
Lowkey the worst shiny but I'll take it
>>
>>45499335
cute, nice job anon
>>
>>45499340
Thanks! Now I just need a nickname for him and I'm set.
>>
>>45499358
chicken nugger
>>
>>45499358
Jabberjaw, if it fits.
>>
>>45499361
>>45499392
Decided on the name Reptar. Now I just need a shiny Jynx called Cynthia.
>>
>>45499405
cute name, based
>>
File: 1600626601591.png (642 KB, 712x567)
642 KB
642 KB PNG
>Didn't get the shiny Meltan from opening the Meltan Box both times in GO
>News blurb mentions it will be shiny locked again after the event
>Last time he was shiny locked they didn't bring him back for nearly 2 whole years.
>>
>>45499335
i always liked the shiny totodile line. the blue fins look great

time wasn't kind to typhlosion though
>>
>>45485614
What's wrong with the event one
>>
>>45485614
Have you not seen a single shiny for an entire year? Or are you trying to catch the shiny in a certain ball and he just doesn't let you catch him until you run out?
>>
>>45499551
yeah i think that ones better than Typhlosions shiny
Gators and meganiums shiny look really nice in HGSS
>>
I stopped caring and just inject what I need
>>
>>45499002
Take the injection pill

Gamefreak lost me with Legendary locked to only one capture per games.
>>
>>45499724
that happens in most games anyway besides the UB's
>>
File: Double pinkies.gif (3.64 MB, 549x255)
3.64 MB
3.64 MB GIF
They're just so cute. So glad I got two so I can keep one as a dratini and use the other.
>>
>>45499759
CUTE
>>
My game acted weird all of a sudden, my Moon ball suddenly forgot Nidoran is a Nidoran/Nidorino forgot it is a Nidorino and started breaking out without even shaking, even after paralysis.

I flew back to the start and saved again and now it's working properly again but that's weird.

Why did that happen, is it just RNG?
>>
>>45499724
isn't this the case for every literally game except LGPE
>>
File: hoppy pimk.gif (2.41 MB, 600x338)
2.41 MB
2.41 MB GIF
How can something this adorable be allowed to exist?
>>
>>45499811
To be able to bring joy to anons like you
>>
>>45499498
>he fell for the community day meme and opened the second box a day late, screwing himself out of a third box
yikes
>>
Shiny Wimpod following you actually catches up and is super fast, it's so cute
>>
>>45499850
I didn't open it because it was community day I opened it at the start of the event for the double candy spotlight hour and it wouldn't let me open it till today. Opening it 3 times would take 12 days wouldn't it?
>>
>>45498431
yes
>>
>>45498287
I honestly don't understand how we went from gen 2's mechanics of inheriting IVs to basically rolling a completely random pokémon - and how it stayed mostly the same for so long.
>>
>>45494287
>What ball best matches shiny Alolan Marowak?
I wouldn't say it's the best match, but I chose Premier Ball to go along with the white of its skull and bone.
>>
File: 1604165713457.png (223 KB, 332x450)
223 KB
223 KB PNG
>>45499498
>I forgot
OH FUCK
I already have one but I wanted 2 just so I could get Melmetal
>>
>>45500096
Nice, do you keep your dex in Home or just each game?
>>
>>45501369
I will keep it in my Ultra Sun save
>>
>>45499498
I didn't open it at all, I completely forgot about it. Is it too late now?
>>
File: Jesus Christ.png (3 KB, 160x144)
3 KB
3 KB PNG
OH FUCK.
>>
>>45501690
First wild shiny I ever found in Gen 2.
We're going to the E4 with a shiny baby!
Wanted to go pick some berries for the Miltank quest before heading to Janine, maybe it's fate.
>>
>>45501690
Nice one. Didja catch her?
>>
>>45501743
Ye.
>>45501725
>>
Caught it in a Love Ball. Planning on getting all the Alola ribbons before transferring to Galar.
>>
>>45501690
>>45501725
>emu shiny

it's useless desu
>>
>>45502034
>He doesn't know.
>>
>>45502034
you can make pictures of games on the 3ds, you know
>>
>>45502097
The games on the 3DS are on an emulator anyway, so it really doesn't matter.
>>
File: top_0040.png (12 KB, 400x240)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
>>45502097
3DS VC has this ugly darkening filter that is absent from that screenshot though. The second filename also implies a PC emulator.
Not like that changes anything anyway.
>>
Are the fossils affected by the shiny charm in Gen VII? Or is it another Type: Null/Poipole situation?
>>
6 Pokémon away from finishing my shiny dex (everything I can breed at least) and I've gone over odds 4 times now..
>>
>>45502111
mate. stop gatekeeping
>>
>>45502111
>>45502719
I don't think he's even gatekeeping, I think he got caught out being a retard and is scrabbling to save face
>>
File: 1588119115817.jpg (43 KB, 400x240)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>45502312
It's over friends
>>
>>45502986
Now delete the save file.
It's time to let go and start a new life.
>>
>>45503145
Now I can finish the game
>>
>>45502034
>>45502111
Does it matter?
99% of the shinies around are injected anyways.
Let the man have his fun.
>>
Huh, I didn't expect starter egga to hatch almost as fast as they generate.
>>
>>45501358
I believe you still can open it today but I fucked myself over because my box isnt opening until after the event is over
>>
>>45502986
powerful

is that all one save file?
>>
currently breeding in crystal abusing shiny DVs

i say abusing, im already at 500 eggs and still no marill
>>
>dont have shiny charm
>already 3 times over odds on masuda eggs for snorlax
>snorlax shiny isnt even good
one of these days...
>>
who else /shinyless/ this weekend
>>
>>45490425
>>45490449
>doesn't understand how rolls work
are you also too dumb to understand why it's easier to get a shiny from a horde encounter? it's pretty a pretty simple concept, what he's talking about
>>
File: 1603299219965.jpg (100 KB, 741x900)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>45498513
I too am hunting in glimwood. Trying for pretty much everything but morgrem and spritzee(alrdy have shiny aromatisse). Found a shiny g-ponyta and accidentally crit nuzzle and killed it. Also found a shinotic which I did catch. Almost 3k encounters since that tho
>>
CAN YOU STOP SWITCHING THE NIDOS POSITIONS DAY AND NIGHT
>>
Decent weekend, lads. Great success on Community Day (minus getting shiny Magby) and two shinies today (Dragonite and a dupe Rattata).

Blessing you with shiny luck
>bless.mkv
>>
File: sketch-1590356106990.png (778 KB, 1080x1104)
778 KB
778 KB PNG
>>45506174
>>
>>45502905
who's 'he'? the 4chan boogyman? my reply was only the first one, and emu shinies ARE useless so whats the point even arguing?
>>
File: images (2).jpg (11 KB, 217x232)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>45485594
>current hunt/game?
Cranidos in ORAS w/MM
Vulpix
Love Ball Smoochum
>>
I'm convinced that there is no such thing as a shiny Feebas
>>
File: vitojr.png (820 KB, 854x783)
820 KB
820 KB PNG
>mfw random shiny zigzagoon

seeded my old ruby cart for a shiny treecko, wanted to get seeded perfect/shiny RSE legendaries. still pretty hard ngl

https://imgur.com/a/qWrFsto
>>
>>45504454
F

also don't masuda eggs override IV/nature inheritance
>>
>>45506277
>and emu shinies ARE useless
Why?
>>
>>45506326
they don't count.
>>
>>45506320
it did in gen 4 but as of gen 5 everstone/power items work with MM
>>
>>45501725
nice name desu
>>
>>45499335
typhlosion used to be not the worst before 3d gens
>>
>>45506334
Why?
>>
>>45506421
not real, too easy to cheat.
>>
>>45506428
>too easy to cheat
lol as if it weren't trivial in "legit" games.
That emulator miltank has the same chance of being hacked as the dratinis posted earlier.
>>
Starter Snivy/Black
Found a shiny ralts in Glazed randomly
>>
>>45506428
>>45506447

speed boost is very corny

real talk tho what about seeded carts? is that fake and gay or would you count it as legit
>>
While breeding pokemon in my leafgreen. Found a shiny psyduck while hatching the eggs to migrate to soulsilver.
>>
>>45506631
shame shiny golduck isn't yellow/gold
>>
File: Big Iron and Hip.jpg (154 KB, 1280x720)
154 KB
154 KB JPG
Managed to snag 3 shiny bolt boys

Keep the hope bros RNG works out eventually
>>
>>45506113
I found that the Old Cemetery has a higher chance of having Sinistea (21%, if you include the 1% authentic spawn), as well as overworld spawns so it's a bit easier to encounter only them. Only main issue is the stupidly high Nidoran spawns. Nido M tends to be a huge nuisance when I'm trying to move around the grass to see if there's a cup. Both my Nido shinies ran into me.

Sucks you lost your Ponyta anon. If you're doing the same hunt as me though, you'll probably wind up reclaiming it, since it's turning out to be a long hunt. During fog, the Cemetery gets Ponyta in the overworld, so if you want to hunt it you could go there too.
>>
>>45506428
so basically any shiny except yours is fake because it could have been cheated? you can emulate every game up to the 7th gen, you can probably emulate gen 8 now too.
>>
>Decide to use a shiny as my ace in a heartgold fresh run
>Spend almost 6 hours trying for a starter
>Get bored and try in grass for a spinarak
>Get bored after like 8 hours
>Get to goldenrod
>Spend 20+ hours for a dratini
>Finnaly get it
>It has extremely bad IVs none over 10
Ya go figure. At least its cute and is my only "full" odds shiny ive ever got.
>>
Frozen Tundra has an entire area where a shit ton of Frosmoth's spawn in a closed area.

Oh baby, daddy is about to shiny hunt
>>
I decided I needed to SOS a Magnemite and needed a Cranidos to do so (due to Mold Breaker, fuck Sturdy). I may have made a mistake deciding to SR for a shiny one now, but fuck it, I'm too far into it now to stop.
Pray for Mungo.
>>
>>45507265
what does full odds mean
>>
>>45507945
1/8192 odds. the chance of encountering a shiny pre-gen 6
>>
>>45507945
It means not using any methods to increase shiny chances. This means no shiny charm, no masuda method, etc. gens 2-5 had a 1/8192 chance to find a shiny, and from 6 onwards its been 1/4096.
>>
Why do people even hunt shinies in outdated games?

Shit is so time consuming and you don't even get to show it off other than here and hunting them often takes longer then a game play through.
>>
>>45508003
Some people want the satisfaction of a 1/8192 hunt I guess. There's also ribbons you can only get from old games. I'm currently hunting in gen 3 so I can make a ribbon master shiny of my favorite pokemon.
>>
>>45508009
Shit thats right gen 3 did have some pretty ribbons. But i simply cant bring myself to spend that much time on it anymore. I hit my limit when i had to breed a mon 2 times shiny because it didn't have ha the first time and reseting over a month for shiny mewtwo.
>>
File: 1575623320701.jpg (127 KB, 1280x720)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
i did it
>>
>>45508056
its quite the journey to do it
i have my Typhlosion ready to go but havent bothered much since Battle tower is priority
>>
>>45508003
i have regiontism and like pokémon having their home region in their status summary
>>
>>45507972
>>45507975
thanks kings, i didn't even know the shiny chance got cut in half
>>
>>45506610
what is seeding
it sounds gay
>>
Day 3
I found a good spot in Crown Tundra where Nidoran male always spawns and doesn't change from the time of day.
Still, nothing but I won't give up, I kicked my ass on the Pokeradar back in Platinum only to fuck it up so many times. I WILL Catch a shiny Nidoran male.
>>
>>45508454
using a hidden value alongside counting frames ingame to guarantee shinies, natures, IVs on encounters.

IIRC you used to need to already have a shiny or use hacking to know the hidden value but now it's easily done on GBA carts with dead batteries
>>
>>45504089
yeah, but the ingame timer stops at 999:59:59 so the only way to see your playtime after that is the activity log
>>
On my 5th attempt for shiny Meltan, 4 alts now. Almost at 300 non-shiny Meltan I wanna fucking die.
>>
>>45508755
yep, super gay
what's the accomplishment in that? it kind of dodges the entire purpose of shiny hunting
>>
>>45509268
Agree. Compared to the last year's two shiny Meltan events, this one feels like a scam.
>>
>>45507265
I was just about to post if anyone else was hunting full odds. Glad I'm not the only one.
I found 2 random shiny's during my playthrough of Ruby, I thought maybe full odds wasn't so bad, now that I've beat the game and actively hunting fuck me dead it takes a while.
>>
>>45509380
Shiny hunting is already about doing everything in your power to maximize odds anyway.
>>
>>45485594
Help anons, I can't get the idea of a Shiny Living Regiontism Dex out of my head and I'm wanting to see how far I can get.
Let's Go has catch combos for easy Kanto mons (~30/151 so far)
Shiny Breeding Ditto then clone for Johto on Virtual G/S/C and I already hunted Celebi (~20/100),
ORAS Hoenn has Dex Nav and chain fishing,
Sinnoh has Pokeradar,
Sorta falls apart at Unova though, you get the free Dragons and BW2 gives you the shiny charm but thats about it.
Kalos has Friend Safari and Pokeradar again
Alola just has breeding iirc
Already have 2 Meltan from Go
Galar has breeding again

The worst part of each region would be the starters/legendaries that you can't boost the odds for, but I could settle for Event Distributions or Other Region/Go Shinies in that case. Has anyone attempted something like this?
>>
>>45509651
got worms holes in alola and dynamax adventure for Galar
>>
>>45509659
Problem is you don't get any Alola mons from Wormholes, except the Ultra Beasts (Got the clown so far and currently on at least 1500 resets for Xurkitree). Haven't bought the sw/sh dlc but you're right, there are a decent amount of galar mons available
>>
>>45506277
post (you)s to prove

>>45502111
>>45502034
>>
>>45509582
Full odds hunting is comfy as fuck
Currently at 3/6 on a Dream Team Quest of Heart Gold, still not quite sure what to hunt for the last one, but I know I want to try for Krabby or Seel in Whirl Islands and Hoppip in the Meadow region of the Safari Zone
>>
>>45510593
what's the 3 you already have? and how long has it taken you so far?
>>
>>45510743
The three I already have are Totodile, Unown B and Hoothoot, kinda wish I would've gotten either Chikorita or Cyndaquil since I already had Feraligatr, but I'm planning on just keeping this one unevolved
Respectively, the three of them took 2526 REs (or 842 SRs), 6496 REs and 5432 REs, the last two having been hunted using four (3)DSes
I'm a little surprised that I've gotten all of them as fast as I have, those three are within 7 days of each other, but I have a feeling I'm gonna have a hunt that stretches well past estimate for at least one of the next ones
>>
>>45495141

Sorry to bump but this has been bugging me all weekend and I'm not sure if it's some genwunner bait or not? It's a square shiny, hidden ability, fwiw.
>>
>>45510794
>using four (3)DSes
How do people do this?
I can understand 2, but 4?
>>
>>45511234
Thereitis had 3 GBAs, it's probably similar to that where you shift your attention based on what each game is doing
>>
>>45511234
It's a little daunting at first, but you get into the groove of it pretty easily
By having a mon with Illuminate in the first slot and the White Flute active, you get an encounter super quickly, so you just place a finger on each dpad (using both hands), run around for a sec, add four ticks to whatever counter you're using and check if any of your encounters are shiny
It goes by really quickly and it's perfect to do while listening to music/podcasts or half paying attention to some youtube
>>
>>45510995
Right, the raids are coded in a way so if you exit an invite-others run while the day on the Swwitch unit changes, I assume to not lock the raids to what was on-field before the day changed.
Because of this, people found out you can find out what day a raid is seeded to appear shiny, then date-skip (manually or with a program) through the days) up to the date the raid appears on. They can then invite people online and share this raid. As long as they don't complete the raid, they can continue to share it with people.
>>
>>45511477
Sorry, when the unit changes day, the raids re-roll, to not lock them I assume.
>>
>>45511484

Oh wow. Well, that was nice of them. Thanks for the heads' up!
>>
>>45509582
full odds is nice, though yeah sometimes it takes pretty long. i really like it though, pretty comfy way to hunt for me (though i'm thinking about doing a couple of 500 KO ones once this next phase for togepi is over).
>>
>>45511675
No worries. Also works on the event raids. Drop Wish. Pieces till you find an event raid (the triangle of dens in Stony wilderness is my go-to), then keep rolling dens till I find the shiny event 'mon (done it for all the 2%er event shinies because fuck that noise. Had to skip an entire year and a week to find a pumpkin at Halloween).
>>
>>45511845
Oh yeah, to check if the raid is a event shiny, check it and if it's 5*, save then enter the raid and if it's not shiny, you don't break the chain, turn off game, restart and continue date-skipping.
>>
fucker
>>
>>45512479

>Negative

What
>>
>>45512511
736 encounters ago likelihood to encounter was at 90%. Did you finish algebra?
>>
>>45512511
He reached 90% chance of finding a shiny 700 encounters ago.
That means he's having some bad luck.
>>
>>45512517
>>45512519

Makes sense, didn't know this website existed
>>
>>45512511
>anon literally owes fate shiny RNG rolls

if that's not discouraging i don't know what is
>>
File: retard.png (6 KB, 453x174)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
>>45510576
retard.
>>
>>45508199
Congrats anon!
>>
>>45512479
Is there any benefit to continuing the same tracker
>>
>>45512479
I just hit 4k on Registeel. I started hunting almost a month ago. :/
>>
>>45485594
I just hatched a shiny Grookey in under 50 eggs. Going for a second one, making a living shiny dex.
>>
>>45506959
Thanks for the tips anon! I figured id reclaim it eventually, Im gonna be in that glimwood a loooooong time. My main targets are sinistea and phantump
>>
>>45512789
fair enough
>>
File: IMG_20201124_022613.jpg (78 KB, 720x926)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
Torchic anon here. Got this at the last ten minutes on my last attempt in GO! I am very happy and it will go to Sword as soon as I can send it! (Gotta wait for the transporter to fully charge)
>>
>>45515515
I'm glad I have one of the Let's Go games so I can at least avoid the cost of transferring for some of the mons, that's such bullshit, thanks for making it take two months two transfer all my shinies Hanke

Grats on getting the big shiny nutto tho!
>>
>>45515620
Haha, thanks! I'm really proud of it.

And yeah, it's such a big bullshit that such big time needs to be spent to send the best Pokémon. It's that, or pay 1000 or less coins depending of time, which is a big nono. I can patiently wait that's for sure, but I can see why some would consider it a big problem.
>>
>>45509603
Maybe for you. I do the full 1/8192 often
>>
>>45517303
Feels good to have autism, huh.
>>
File: wailmer.png (2.8 MB, 2144x756)
2.8 MB
2.8 MB PNG
>>45492133
3,390 fishing encounters. It's no Horsea but damn does Wailmer's shiny sprite look nice.
I tried the shiny Wailord idea but it isn't a feasible hunt.
Next up is Tentacool/cruel in the abandoned ship. Also, how this is basically gonna work. I'll either find a shiny or go 10,000 without an encounter, then move onto another area. The idea of cycling around the Hoenn region fishing for shiny's is what I find appealing.
Also my 2 random encounter shiny's.
>>
>>45517676
Isn't shiny Wailmer purple?
It looks like a regular one here.
>>
>>45517703
it just doesn't look shiny because of the lighting in anon's pic. it is a shiny (in RSE the pokedex number, no.099 in this case, is highlighted in gold instead of the normal white).
>>
>>45517783
That lighting is very silly.
>>
>>45517791
Are you the same autist from the last thread about the Umbreon?
The pic was taken with my phone, unless you have a capture card, taking a pic of a gameboy screen with a phone is gonna look pretty average.
>>
>>45517826
>Are you the same autist from the last thread about the Umbreon?
No, I haven't been on /vp/ for some time.
>The pic was taken with my phone, unless you have a capture card, taking a pic of a gameboy screen with a phone is gonna look pretty average.
That's not even my point, I was just saying the lighting makes it look like a regular Wailmer, are you retarded?
>>
>>45517303
>not knowing about cute charm rng abuse
>>
>>45508003
Because I don’t want to play shit games
>>
>>45508003
You can always transfer them up though?
>>
>tfw you use up all your shiny luck and then get nothing for a week straight
>>
File: 099.gif (596 B, 64x64)
596 B
596 B GIF
>>45517676
That's a pretty miraculous lighting, with everything but the wailmer looking normal.
>It's no Horsea but damn does Wailmer's shiny sprite look nice
I'm glad that now shinies are hand-made because fuck, every other water type shiny is fucking purple. Beats being puke green I guess.
>>
>>45518835
Shinies have always been hand-made.
Yes, even Gen 2. Whoever is telling you they were not is an idiot that doesn't understand how the pallet system worked.
>>
>>45518572
i hate that feel
>>
>>45518892
how does he pallet system work?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.