[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / vrpg / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: BKC_magearna.jpg (28 KB, 480x360)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRf2qb9FQcw

>one of the best all-time Smogon players tries gen 8 for the Magearna suspect, wins his 40 games to get reqs and then gives his thoughts

On topic of thinking that Magearna is broken and should be banned he also immediately notices how cancerous boots and that banning them would
A. help break defensive teams
B. make certain crazy offensive threats like Volcarona more reasonable to handle
C. limit all the Voltturn abuse

Really makes you think
>>
it doesn't matter how he cheesed reqs, if he thinks boots are cancer he's an autoshitter and no length of epenis is going to change that
>>
>>44393091
t. stallfag
>>
>>44393091
How is using a generic balance team with the suspect Pokemon in question cheesing reqs?
>>
>>44392831
Wouldn't just limiting boots break the whole stall abuse or whatever everyone keeps talking about? Outright banning it seems stupid at best.
>>
>>44394260
So item clause?
>>
>>44394375
Some people have proposed a Boots clause, Smogon leadership thinks it's stupid and says it's either do nothing or item clause. The only items that are ever repeated in OU are Boots and Leftovers anyway.
>>
>>44394375
I mean I guess? With an item clause you're going to cripple stall teams in general, but without it they're apparently a problem now.

With that being said I guess it makes sense to just outright ban boots in one sense, but on the other hand boots help pokemon that got abused to hell and back by smogon rocks.

My own opinion is that I just hate how stall ruins fun.
>>
>>44394485
>With an item clause you're going to cripple stall teams in general
It won't
>>
>>44394468
Jesus, why smogonfags love their stealth rocks so much?
>>
>>44394902
Because the meta becomes a cancerous stallfest without stealth rocks.
>>
>>44392831
I thin both Stealth Rocks and HDB need nerfs.
I think SR should only do a fixed amount of damage regardless of the Pokemon entering battle's typing, and HDB should only should only negate hazard damage on natural switch-ins and not on switching moves (U-Turn, Volt Switch, etc.)
>>
>>44394468
>The only items that are ever repeated in OU are Boots and Leftovers anyway.

Special exception with Dracovish since it's not a revenge killer and needs a fast scarfer as backup
>>
>>44395228
>I thin both Stealth Rocks and HDB need nerfs.
No they don’t
>>
>>44395245
The gen 8 meta is slow enough where you can get away without fast dedicated scarfers. Scarf Dracovish definitely didn't need a secondary scarfer on the team.
>>
>>44392831
>wants to ban Magearna
based
>wanted to ban Cinderace
Based
>wanted to ban Boots
BASED
>is okay with Toxapex
kinda cringe but ok
>>
>>44395618
Toxapex will at least be hurt by the boots ban.
Not directly, since it doesn't use boots, but indirectly because full stall teams would be nerfed.
>>
>>44392831
He's right boots are aids. That said, I can't stand BKCs videos. Hes autistic even for a competitive pokemon player, the videos last forever, and he's a boring cuck that doesn't bring cheese or heat nearly enough.
>>
>>44392831
The thing I hate most about the boots is that they aren't even too good. They make the game cancerous by allowing stall and pivot teams to switch with no consequences, but it's not like they're so good that you need to either be running them or running a dedicated counter to them.
And because they're not overpowered or overcentralizing, there's no real justification for banning them other than not liking the playstyles they help.
>>
>>44392831
Cinderace has a boring and uninspired design
>>
>>44394936
nah it becomes better
>>
>>44397950
yeah i can agree with this. adding them was clearly a mistake but they're not worth making an exception for, so they're just a shitty fact of life now
>>
>>44396788
nah you are
>>
>>44397950
seethe more thank fuck they delt with the cancerous fag rocks that ruined the game
>>
>>44398016
nah they fixed 4 generations of a shitty fact of life thank fuck those meta breaking rocks have been dealt with long overdue
>>
>>44397990
>>44398029
t. stallfag(s)
>>
>>44398016
>adding them was clearly a mistake
the only clear mistake is retards who think 6v6 is a good format and then cry whenever the game adds anything that breaks switching even harder.
>>
>>44392861
You cared enough to reply retard
>>
>>44398040
better then being a stealth rock shitter
>>
>>44399044
No, it really isn't.
Stallfags are the bottom of the barrel and it's so universally agreed that stall is bad that it's already been reduced to a generic insult.
>>
>>44399044
Only people with negative elo think there is such a thing as a "Stealth Rock shitter".
>>
File: 1596370457622.jpg (568 KB, 2246x1080)
568 KB
568 KB JPG
>adamant, not jolly
>not even full speed investment
Yeah, one of the best all-time players. Sure
>>
>>44399572
Think long and hard about speed tiers in SS OU.
>>
>>44399096
well i think stealth rock shitters are lower
>>
>>44399572
name some stuff it actually needs jolly for.
>>
>>44400016
>what are scarf users
>inb4 but that's what sucker punch is for
>>
>>44400450
What scarf users is it outspeeding with full investment that is can't with that spread?
>>
>>44400450
>what are scarf users
name some relevant ones that are faster than adamant but slower than jolly
>>
>>44400460
>>44400471
The only one I can think of that even remotely makes sense is Magnezone. But then again it's not like scarf Magnezone is some common threat in gen 8. I don't know why he even brought up scarfers in the first place.
>>
>>44400571
Because anon doesn't play the game, like 99% of /vp/.
/vp/ gets filtered by Whitney. Imagine if they played against an actual player?
>>
>>44400592
Whitney is unironically harder to beat than a 1000-1100 elo opponent if you go in not knowing what her team will be. The fight is literally a statcheck, you either have the tools for it or you don't and autolose.

At least on showdown you can choose your team.
>>
>>44400792
/vp/ struggles with 1100 opponents, I've seen replays.
>>
>>44399572
Most people are running adamant sets on Cinderace now, it hits like a fucking truck, even without a life orb or band.
>>
File: cinderace speed.png (69 KB, 1271x605)
69 KB
69 KB PNG
>>44399572
Here's every mon that's faster than BKC's Cinderace, but slower than max speed Cinderace.
>>
>>44403944
The cinderace didn't have 252 in speed. Also, what site is this?
>>
>>44404509
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/ss-ou-speed-tiers.3656474/
I cut it off at Hawlucha because BKC's Cinderace had 329 speed and the mon right under Hawlucha had 328.
Max speed Cinderace can tie with max speed Cinderace so I also included it.
>>
>>44399572
Gen 8 is a slower meta in general.
Cinderace is so fast that it doesn't need to fully invest in speed.
>>
>>44392861
Rent free faggot
>>
>>44392831
i don't understand the issue. a pokemon with boots isn't using a better item. its effectively stuck with no item. knock off, trick, switcheroo, thief and magician can be used to get rid of boots. most stall mons resist rocks any way or take neutral damage. seriously i can't think of a stall mon weak to rocks.
>>
>>44396788
Dude obviously is not a trained youtuber. He does it for the love of the game (and probably money.) He's never gonna be like Joey probably.

People watch him for his crazy knowledge and memory of past gens.
>>
>>44407920
>i don't understand the issue. a pokemon with boots isn't using a better item.
There really isn't any better item a defensive Pokemon would like to run, even leftovers will heal less than the amount of damage boots prevents in the long term. This is especially true for both offensive and defensive pivots.
>knock off, trick, switcheroo, thief and magician can be used to get rid of boots.
Saying "just use knock off/trick" is essentially the same as saying Landorus is bad because "just use ice beam". A Pokemon with boots will not stay in on Knock Off the same as a Landorus won't stay in on a Ice Beam. And there's enough Pokemon that don't mind getting Knocked Off (Clefable, Toxapex, Amoongus) that can easily switch in. Thief and Magician aren't used at all.
>most stall mons resist rocks any way or take neutral damage. seriously i can't think of a stall mon weak to rocks.
Even pokemon nuetral to rocks love Boots, like Blissey and Slowbro. Offensively there's also Dragapult and Zeroara. As for defensive Pokemon weak to rock, there's Rotom-H, Mandibuzz, Togekiss, Mantine, and defensive Volcarona.
>>
>>44407920
>most stall mons resist rocks any way or take neutral damage. seriously i can't think of a stall mon weak to rocks.
That's because a mon weak to rocks can't function as a stallmon because rocks are such a threat to stall. Well, until now, of course.
Shit like Magic Guard, Regenerator, and resisting rocks are all workarounds to the natural weakness the playstyle has to hazards.
Now Mandibuzz and Rotom-Heat are able to function as stallmons by just slapping on a pair of boots.
And the amount of damage boots prevents is more than the amount leftovers heals unless the mon in question resists rocks.
>>
>>44408109
Zapdos was one of the best mons on stall last gen.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.