[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: nuzlockgen.png (35 KB, 515x326)
35 KB
35 KB PNG
Lazy edition
Last Thread: >>37324029

>Nuzlocke Info
https://imgur.com/TdPmwQk
>Difficulty list (vanilla)
https://imgur.com/a/NNPEPco
>List of Romhacks
Coming soon
>Pre-patched romhacks
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/46f42aozbdoba7i/AADUmKHucw-_Yv9w-53u4utoa?dl=0
>Emulator info
https://imgur.com/a/oZqoYnp
>Nuzlocke generator
http://nuzlocke-generator.herokuapp.com/

>Pokemon Nuzlocke images
http://www.mediafire.com/?sxu318m9an5ulbm
>Pokemon Bank Sprites
http://www.mediafire.com/?ueadxvt1f52m0md
>Additional Templates
http://www.mediafire.com/?vmfck3jdowgn472
>>
Half way through Silph Co on my Red Locke but grinding up some new additions to the lineup.

Sadly, Jynx died to a crit Slash so we are back to using Hypno and wasted a shit ton of time grinding Poliwag. I was expected Ice Punch to OHKO Sandslash but it was not meant to be.RIP.
>>
File: renegadetemplate.png (540 KB, 1650x500)
540 KB
540 KB PNG
We made it to Victory Road!

To get through Victory Road I have to make a team that's balanced for any trainer, has X amount of HMs, and can beat Marley and Barry. The team you see isn't final and I'll 100% be moving things around and grinding things up for later. I'll also plan an E4 team and try to use the same things on each team so I don't have to grind as much. I know Drayano will be pulling out all the stops here.

>>37357107
That sucks. Jynx is actually one of the few pokemon to get buffed from the special split since its special stat was only 95. Hypno should carry though.
>>
>>37357162
It's not so bad, I have plenty of time to use Jynx in the autismlocke but Hypno becomes trash at the stroke of Gen II so I should get him outof the way really.

My plan was divide up some of the big Gen 1 mons so Red has Vaporeon, Blue will have Lapras and Yellow I'll use Blastoise for water etc. I'm really happy with my Dodrio who I nicknamed The Fates; Drill Peck OP.
>>
>>37357162
Grats on Victory Road though.How would you rate the difficulty compared to other Drayano hacks so far? Levels are definitely pretty high but I'm assuming you're still fairly close to the curve? I personally don't have an issue with being a little over levelled in romhacks because of the absolute bullshit that comes with them.
>>
File: rp34.png (10 KB, 256x384)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
This is the team I decided on. It's a little weak to water and ghost but I might give Aerodactyl/Flygon Crunch to make up for that.

>>37357176
That's a good point. I should try an autismlocke eventually because that's a new way of looking at things.

>>37357200
I am overleveled. I think through most of the game I did okay with the curve since I was barely living crits and stuff. The weird thing about Drayano hacks is that I feel like he gives Gym Leaders powerful pokemon early to balance them out with low levels. For reference, Volkner's team was low 60s but I don't think it would've been too much harder if my team was 10 levels lower. I'm going in blind so I overestimated Gym Leader levels a few times (I expected mid 60s since his gym trainers also had their teams around level 60). I might try replaying this with grind limits and see how that goes. Since I'm already overleveled I think I'll avoid grinding for the Elite 4 and just go for it.

I think it's not too bad. There's still bugs to work out like the game not recognizing Dry Skin and questionable AI that make it easier but there aren't too many bullshit things.

It's also very generous with giving you infinite TMs and access to good items early which helps.
>>
>>37357286
>I'm going in blind so I overestimated Gym Leader level
That's extremely fair. Given some of the other hacks it's easy to assume the later leaders will be something crazy like 80+.
Hopefully it stays somewhat consistent and Cynthia isn't rocking a 90+ team. I don't mind a hard game but when it comes to this sort of game there's only so fair that surprise can be.

Infinite TM's is a tough one for me with pre-Gen V hacks though. It unquestionably makes things easier so I guess you've got to weigh it against the difficulty of the rest of the hack which, when blindlocking, is easier said than done.
>>
thinking about playing Red or Fire Red
don't know if I'm good enough
>>
>>37357351

You won't know until you try. Go for it.
>>
File: rp35.png (7 KB, 256x384)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
Also another reason I'm overleveled is because when I lose a team member I Exp. Share grind new members up and old team members get extra EXP. It's more for convenience, efficiency, and easy EV training than straight overleveling but that's a side effect.

That's also why Electrode and Mismagius are particularly high-leveled, because they're used to grind Kingdra up.

>>37357327
Yeah, Infinite TMs helps a lot. I might try a self-imposed one-use-per-TM rule to spice things up.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that Drayano goes pretty crazy with giftmons too. You get a fully-evolved Eeveelution and a Beldum before Roark and all the previous gen starters before Gardenia. I know he already did the Eevee thing in SG/SS (I didn't like it there either) but that with everything else is crazy. I usually try to avoid giftmons in Drayano's hacks whenever possible.

>>37357351
I'd go with FireRed if you're new to nuzlockes. It's one of the easier games to nuzlocke.
>>
Thank god for croconow evolving early

soloed both pryce and jasmine. best starter
>>
File: Crystal_Clear-2.png (3 KB, 160x144)
3 KB
3 KB PNG
I've been thinking about an N style nuzlocke and the rules for how it might work. Advice would be appreciated, or if you've tried it let me know what works.

RULES (after standard nuzlocke rules):
1. You can only fight a gym leader with a team of mons from "around that area".
2. After the gym fight, the remaining mons get boxed and cannot be used until E4.
3. Chose 1 mon to continue on to help with catching mons in next area. Box "Help mon" after completing team.
4. Fight gym, repeat
5. At E4, you can chose from each of the winning mons to train up and take on the E4.

PROBLEMS:
I tried this ruleset on Crystal Clear since it allowed you more room to explore around gym towns. This was the team I beat the E4 with.

The main problem was that the Help mon that was used to catch mons in the next area was overleveled and had to take on most of the trainers on the routes, thus leveling even more.

The new team was under leveled and much time had to be spend grinding them up to the level of the gym leader.

The chosen members of the E4 team had to also be leveled a bunch. Some of the mons I had also forggoten about when E4 time came.

And "around the area" was hard to define in CC. This could possibly be easier with a standard game where there are definite blocks limiting the Pokemon available.

Overall I had fun trying to make sense of the challenge, the team building to take on the gyms was limiting and fun, and sampling a lot of mons was also great, but the grind for the E4 wasn't.

What do y'all think could be done to improve an N style nuzlocke?
>>
First for gas all tripfags
>>
>>37357823
Makes me think of Pokemon Rangers too. How do you determine what the nearby area is and doesn't retaining all of them as E4 options go against the spirit of things a bit?

I'd at least define the area that mons are eligible within (adjacent routes etc) so you have a standard moving forwards as well as setting rules for gift mons. I'd also say that everything other than your catching mon for each Gym gets released. When you're effectively allowing yourself a choice of the best nearby Pokemon for each Gym area I think it would be more fitting to release the rest and make the chosen one an N mon.

It's going to mean you have a low number of options for the E4 but that they should be like an all star lineup from the region. Having all the other leftovers would make it impossible to fail the league outside of being really dumb; it's just too many options especially in a vanilla game.
>>
>>37357931
Also, I should really have asked first, but how are you catching the nearby mons, is it still one from each route?
If so, please disregard most of what I said about releasing the leftovers unless you really want to make it hard. I thought you were suggesting that you get free pick from the nearby areas and then whatever survives the gym gets boxed for E4.
>>
File: rp36.png (10 KB, 256x384)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
We actually get roadblocked one last time in Victory Road. The game wants you to do the sidequest with Marley early. This means access to Route 224 and another catch. Also none of the battles have been too bad but I've gotten lots of close calls where crits would've killed me. Victory Road trainers have TMs, tutor moves, etc. as expected.

>>37357564
Actually every starter can solo both Pryce and Jasmine. Croconaw does evolve earlier though, congrats.

>>37357823
My main issue with N runs in general is that you have to do a lot of grinding with not a lot of payoff. Also you get more screwed over by bad encounters which means you have to grind even more. I can't think of how to change that without changing the whole N nuzlocke.

Also you should take a map of the region and mark out which areas correspond with which gym ahead of time.
>>
>>37357971
>"there are too many roadblocks in modern pokemon"
>*makes a romhack that introduces 50 of them*
>>
>three curses
>explosion still one shots slowpoke

i'm livid. this crap was almost evolving. i needed it for kingdra
>>
>>37357992
Remember in the older gens explosion and self-destruct halve the targets defense before calculating. You're only safe when you're damp.
>>
>>37358006
even then, slowpoke is kinda tanky. it had full health even

i dont want to accept it. i wasted so many time training this PoS
>>
>>37358014
I feel you, I spent alot of time grinding poliwag yesterday so I could evolve and trade it for Jynx. Then Ice Punch left sandlsash on 1% hp and ofc it crit me with slash. I just can't believe it didn't die.
>>
>>37357931
>>37357948
To clarify, it's still 1 mon per route. The eligible areas are the nearby routes that that felt like the right option. For example, Azelea Town/Bugsy gym routes included the forest, union cave, slowpoke well, the small route, but not anything past Goldenrod or Ruins of Alph/Violet City. So for some battles, I did not have a full team of 6. Like in Cyanwood, it was the water route, Whirl islands, and the rocksmash rocks.

And to further clarify, the only mons that are retained are the ones that survive the gym and trainer battles. I though that keeping retaining the gym survives ensured that I had a decent spread to take on E4. It did cheese the challenge a bit.

Fuck man, releasing all mons except 1 after each gym is hardcore af...but maybe that's just what this needs to make it work.

But does that mean that the N mon/Help mon that gets spared after each gym get's a special status afterwards that you can chose not to release it? So after 4th gym, you have 4 slots on the team? Then the challenge stops after 6th gym since you have do not have to release any more N mons...
>>
>>37358148
Oh I didn't think about the trainers to be fair but I was imagining you having 8 Pokemon by the time you finish the 8th Gym and those would be your E4 options.

It's definitely not something I'll be trying myself, so many caveats and provisos that would make it a bit of a mess to play. How would you handle HM's in something like DPPt for instance?
>>
>>37358148
Or are you suggesting to retain only 1 mon per gym badge, that can help catch mons in next area and can be used for E4 (if they survive). In a vanilla game, you can have up to 8 N mons that were spared to take on E4.

Seems super limiting, no? Plus the idea of having to grind a team enough to challenge the gym, then release all except 1, seems like a lot of grinding to do. This is super autistic.
>>
>>37358189
I was suggesting you keep one mon per gym yeah but that was when I thought your catching rules were more relaxed than they are.

I kinda don't see the point in boxing anything with the way it stands. Once you start deducting casualties - and when you consider how few connecting routes some towns have - how big can your gym teams have even been? The deposit everything and only use one rule is the thing making this such a slog because you're spiking one mons level and boxing things you're going to have to grind anyway.

Maybe a better way could be to retain the whole team until you get your first mon eligible for the next gym? That way you're not overlevelling one pokemon just to get through the next routes trainers.
>>
File: TC2.png (73 KB, 574x253)
73 KB
73 KB PNG
I was lucky enough to catch a (Jolly) Mareep on route 32, named her Ari. Got a female Gastly in Sprout tower, calling her Puck. My team is now almost all female except for my starter.
>>
>>37358335
Grats on the new additions; you'll be happy for that team of Ladies come Whitney's Gym. Did you get anything in Dark Cave out of interest?
>>
>>37358335
>everyone is female except for the gayest pokemon of all

Seems legit
>>
File: CrystalNuzBeatMorty.png (3 KB, 160x144)
3 KB
3 KB PNG
alright got to beating Morty, he was fairly easy like how i remembered, just bait his Gengar's Hypnosis and then nail it with a Bite. Now onto Chuck.
>>37358335
it sounds a bit ironic that Chikorita is the only male in your party, overall your team looks p solid.
>>
>>37358348
I haven’t gone in yet, I’m gonna double back to it before continuing
It’s just gonna be a zubat or geodude, hopefully a zubat since I have no flying type yet
>>37358358
Furret and Ampharaos are pretty girly
>>
>>37358386
>It’s just gonna be a zubat or geodude
Such a shame they got rid of the Teddiursa chance they added in crystal
>>
>>37358169
That's exactly right, the team building between gyms is pretty limiting, and after casualties only a few mons are actually retained for E4. With most gyms anyway, you typically use 1 mon that is super effective or resistant to the gym that sweeps the whole gym anyway. Or 2-3 mons for tricky opponents. That's pretty much the only leveling up you need for the gyms. The hardest part are those pesky ace trainers in the routes that can sometimes cause heavy damage.

I was not thinking about HM's yet. But I guess you'd have to be smart about what you're trying to catch. Otherwise, you could use the N mon(s).
>>
File: the king of the sea.png (8 KB, 451x177)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
Gen 1 sprites are the shit
>>
>>37358284
>>37358753
Ok, to synthesize: A N style nuzlocke takes the spirit of anti-hero N from B&W, who uses mons from around the area he is currently in. N uses more species of Pokemon than any other trainer in the series of the game. He periodically sets his mons free to roam the lands.

N Nuzlocke Rules:

N Nuzlocke Option A: More chances for team building, more mons

1. Mon faints = dead
2. Can only catch 1 mon per route
3. After each gym, all surviving mons are boxed, but are eligible for use in the E4. These are called "N mons."
4. Retain 1 "N mon" to help catch the next mon for the next gym. Box that N mon afterwards, like Wally does with Norman's Zigzagoon.
5. Continue process until completing all gyms.
6. Any of the surviving "N mons" are eligible to challenge E4.
N Nuzlocke Option B: Less mons, loser to a no PC challenge, max of 8 mons to chose form at E4.

1. Mon faints = dead
2. Can only catch 1 mon per route
3. After each gym, all mons are released, except 1. This mon is called "N mon."
4. Add +1 "N mon" to your team after each gym. For example, after defeating 3rd gym, you release all mons except 3. In between gyms, you can use a full team.

Do these options read clear to most people?
>>
File: VenomothPokerus.png (4 KB, 160x144)
4 KB
4 KB PNG
>>37358375
got Pokerus on my Venomoth, damn. happened like twice in a row for me in a nuzlocke run now.
>>
File: REDLOCKEUPDATE3.png (110 KB, 899x524)
110 KB
110 KB PNG
Progress update on my red/autismlocke

>Kobra down thanks to Rafiki and Rocky
>Catch Poliwag and grind to get Poliwhirl
>Trade for Jynx
>Beat fighting Gym with Jynx
>Jynx dies to Sandslash who tanked Ice Beam on 1% hp
>Sabrina down thanks to The Fates; Alakazam used recover first turn then reflect whilst injured
>Silph co has been liberated
>on my way to Cinnabar to take a quiz

So far everything is going well, I picked up a few extra backups, like venonat, and hoping for something decent in the mansion on cinnabar. Losing Jynx was a huge disappointment though.

>>37359034
noice
>>
>>37359115
*Ice Punch, not beam. That would have made all the difference.
>>
File: Polished Crystal-2.png (2 KB, 160x144)
2 KB
2 KB PNG
>>37358913
Ok I am trying this N Nuzlocke out in Polished Crystal.

I am using N Nuzlocke Option B to test it out.

Rules:
1. Mon faints = dead
2. Can only catch 1 mon per route.
3. After each gym, all mons are released, except 1. This mon is called "N mon."
4. Add +1 "N mon" to your team after each gym. For example, after defeating 3rd gym, you release all mons except 3. In between gyms, you can use a full team.

This is the team I am going in with, I killed a few encounters on routes, if any survive, I am picking Reks, the Quilava, to continue on as the N mon.
>>
File: CrystalNuzBeatPryce.png (2 KB, 160x144)
2 KB
2 KB PNG
it was a massive grindfest for me, losing 3 members all at once. i even lost another one during this battle against pryce, i thought his Blizzards won't hit my Gloom but i was hugely mistaken. didn't really have anything super-effective against ice, sadly. gonna grind a Koffing as a replacement and then go onto Chuck's gym.
>>37359115
>losing Jynx
oh, i know that feeling all too well during my own red nuzlocke.
>>37359483
wish you good luck on that run, anon.
>>
File: Polished Crystal-4.png (2 KB, 160x144)
2 KB
2 KB PNG
>>37359538
>>37359483
thanks m8

Ok done with Bugsy. It was a bitch to grind up a level 10 Magicarp to level 20, but I did it because I am nervous about the rival battle. Quilava now needs support, which is why I chose Gyarados to keep as the 2nd party member.
>>
File: Polished Crystal-5.png (2 KB, 160x144)
2 KB
2 KB PNG
>>37359631
Finally! Something to look forward to!
>>
Had stuff to do the past two days so finally getting around to updating my Serieslocke I crushed Erika with Sangria who was level 29 going in to the gym and after beating Erika all her lackeys ended up at level 33 so I guess I will have a charizard soon. I was in a rush to finish Celadon and skipped over the grass on Routes 7 & 8 (Also didn't want to accidently over level). Rock cave was a real pain to do not for any of the enemys but for trying not to over level on all of the required fights you have to do to get through it. The new pokemon I caught where Cornflower the Zubat and Burgundy the Voltorb. Im trying to deside if I want my Celadon encounter to be the Free Eevee or if I want it to be a Dratini because its so much cheaper in Red than in Blue and if I do pick Eevee if I want Jolteon for Pin Missleing Sabrina or a Vaporean for the easy win against the entire game. I think the most interesting thing about this Serieslocke is how much Long term thing goes into it of trying to balance what to pick now so I don't get wiped, and what to save for later So I don't end up at the Elite Four with all Shitmons
>>
>>37359767
Shit I meant to put Acid as Basil's second move not Toxic. So just use your imagination to see a version where I didn't fuck up
>>
Really not sure what level to grind to for Blaine, since his lowest is 40 and highest 47, but I have Rhyhorn and Vaporeon so he's toast anyway. Probably going to use the Mansion to get everything to 45 or so and then move on to Viridian pretty quickly after Blaine.

Champ is all early 60's so there's still plenty of leeway for the levels I'll get on Victory Road
>>
>>37359995
>Really not sure what level to grind to for Blaine

giovanni and blaine are two trainers you absolutely dont need to grind if you have anything that is not weak to fire and knows surf
>>
What do you all think of using Pokémon hatched from gift-eggs? Would they break the giftmon rule or are they exempt since you have to train up a lvl one Pokémon and you personally hatched it yourself, forming a connection to it?
>>
>>37360676
you mean stuff like togepi in gen II? as long as they take the encounter spot i dont see why not

if you mean breeding yourself then nah
>>
>>37359672
fuck, feeling like a dweeb since the odd egg is always shiny in polished :(
>>
Alright can finally start nuzlocking again, gonna try another Platinum run.
Last digit decides starter, 1-3 Turtwig, 4-6 Chimchar, 7-9 Piplup, 0 I randomize a starter (only first stage and nothing too bullshit obviously)
>>
File: rp37.png (14 KB, 256x384)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
I was going to bring Scizor to check Marley's Weavile better but I had to bring Mamoswine for Rock Climb so that had to be my shaky Weavile counter. It had Low Kick. RIP Mamoswine, he didn't stand a chance.

I also found that Wobbuffet someone else was talking about. Lucky for me Kingdra had Waterfall so I got bailed out there.

I missed my Route 224 catch but it's just Weepinbels and Beautiflys anyways so no big loss.

>>37360676
I count eggs as encountered where they're hatched. In BW the flavor text doesn't tell you where the egg originally came from.

Also I said I wouldn't use giftmons in this run but I will make an exception because Cynthia literally forces you to take the egg.

>>37359483
Are you using the rule where you only catch your first encounter or the "YouTube rule" where you can pick any encounter on one route?

Also I think "Option B" is a lot less boring even though it goes against the spirit of a N-locke.
>>
>>37361080
Yea, I’m playing Soul Silver and they don’t let you leave if you don’t take the egg. I can’t feel good about walking around and personally hatching a little baby mon and then boxing that fucker. Parental instincts are too strong to stomach that, so I guess I’ll also count it as an encounter for wherever it hatched, since “Violet City” isn’t a place you can encounter Pokémon and I’m already training up a Gastly from Sprout tower

I don’t even like Togepi or Togetic
>>
File: Plat1.png (49 KB, 1320x624)
49 KB
49 KB PNG
>>37360926
Post-Roarke. Growth + Mega Drain spam, nothing out of the ordinary.
Forgot how many catches there are at the start of Sinnoh.
>>
Beginning a Heartgold nuzlocke very soon!

How do y'all feel about giftmons like Eggs from Primo?
Because a Wooper this early would be bitchin'
>>
File: rp39.png (10 KB, 256x384)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
Here's my Elite 4 team. Tentacruel is a wild card but I think it could come in clutch. Barry's team was around Level 70 so I assume Cynthia caps around Level 80 which is where I'll grind for. Mismagius is already above that because of all the Psychic trainers in Victory Road.

Time to start grinding.

>>37361130
I feel the same way, but in this hack Togepi is Fairy (and it's the only fairy type I had through the entire game) so I wanted to have that as an option, especially against Garchomp. I didn't end up using it but I guess I'm also more lenient because it's something the original game had.

If you want you could hatch Togepi at a location where you already had an encounter so you don't have to use it but it's up to you.

>>37361248
I hope you actually try to use Bidoof. Simple + Adamant is too good.

>>37361512
Basically a giftmon, you can make whatever rules you want. I would count it as a Violet City catch. I like it because it's the only way to use Slugma in Johto.

Also FYI you can find a Wooper on Route 32 at night.
>>
>>37361544
I'm gonna be running Cyndaquil so as much as I love Slugma I'll just stick with the Woop.
>>
File: Gold Run post Elite 4.png (1.53 MB, 1950x1110)
1.53 MB
1.53 MB PNG
Elite Four Done! Akiva was the absolute MVP. Interestingly enough I had a scare with him against Lance's Charizard. He went from full health to 6 HP and burned before he ending things. Kept missing.
Didn't bother to grind Genista since I realized that it wouldn't help much against the Elite 4.
Savage literally has 4 fighting moves right now cause I foolishly gave him Dynamic Punch instead of Akiva. Headed to Kanto soon to find a sixth pokemon.
>>
Why is gen IV music so good bros

only games i dont play on mute/FF while listening to something else

the music is the only thing that makes me endure Diamond and Pearl and keep my sanity
>>
>>37362108
>37362108
Fucked up on the levels, Savage is 43 right now.
>>
File: Plat2.png (8 KB, 256x194)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
>>37361248
Probably should have seen this coming when I named him Hendrix but my Shinx is gone before his time.
Wish I could say it was some crit hacks but I was just a fucktard and wasn't paying enough attention.

>>37361544
I might give Bidoof a try actually. I was tempted when I saw the Adamant/Simple but I just hate that line desu. Just checked and he has pretty scary attack IV's too (Shinx also turned out to be a total beast with 25+ in 5/6 stats, now I feel even more dumb)
Just means I'll need another HM slave. I suppose I can allow myself a dupe just this once if I find one - purely to use HMs.
>>
>>37362265
Wait if I beat Galactic at the Windworks on Friday do I have to wait another week before Drifloon to show up? Fuck that
How does /nuzgen/ feel about fucking with the clock for these (imo bullshit) time based events? Honey trees spring to mind too

On a similar note what about cheating the event to get the other Rotom forms? I don't see it as any different disabling trade-evos or any of the other crap GF put in the game but I'm not sure how powerful they are.
>>
they're powerful. bulky and strong. However, they don't get STAB on their special moves. Your choice, i mean, it's fine if you skip them or not.
>>
>>37362473
>How does /nuzgen/ feel about fucking with the clock for these (imo bullshit) time based events? Honey trees spring to mind too

way too much effort for me

>>37362108
congrats dude
>>
>>37362473
I did this the last time I played plat and my run went up in flames due to bullshit after bullshit after bullshit. Don't piss off the nuzlocke gods.
>>
File: HappyPika.gif (353 KB, 470x320)
353 KB
353 KB GIF
>When you hit the 5% encounter rate Pokemon and catch it on your last ball
>>
can i beat karen and lance with this team and not a single potion on me anymore?

i'm so nervous

(team is feraligator - noctowl - jumpluff - golem - quagsire and mantine btw)
>>
>>37362652
I think I must have made a deal with a gypsy in a past life or something. I have such good luck with 5-15% spawn mons Last gold run I got Miltank, Jynx, Lickitung, Misdreavus etc but it's always followed by a period of intense bad luck. I'll always get crit the fuck out of or lose something to a non-level up coverage option I had no reason to suspect was coming.
>>
>>37362786
spoiler guess i can but fuck it was close
>>
>>37362901
Based quagsire. Congrats though, how many causalities did you end up with?
>>
>>37362916
Three, metric died to a crit petal dance (stupid owl) and muse and cursive died to dragonite

surprisingly the MVP was florence abusing sleep powder and leech seed because lance is a bitch ass nigga who spammed full heal and full restores for 10 turns straight but my girl florence just kept hitting the sleep powders
>>
>>37362930
Nice, it's a shame jumpluffs offence is so bad but its still got okay defence and that speed + Sleep combo is always amazing.

It's also a shame noctowl is so bad holy shit. Can't take a resisted crit on the higher side of it's defences. Nicely done though I'm sure you'll get some nice replacements in KANTOOOOOOOOOO
>>
File: rp40.png (8 KB, 256x384)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
>>37361624
Fair enough. Slugma's not that great in-game either, I just like that it's the only early Fire type besides Cyndaquil.

>>37362108
Congratulations!

>>37362109
I never turn on music. I guess it's because I'm at 4x speed so the music would sound weird but I don't bother.

>>37362265
Be careful with Chimchar.

That's fair. Bidoof's a great HM Slave but I personally like to use uncommon things when I can.

>>37362473
You have to finish beating Galactic at Thursday 11:59 PM at the latest to get Drifloon on Friday 12 AM. I try not to cheat but I wouldn't blame you, waiting a week sucks. And most honey catches aren't that great anyways so I'm usually not that excited for them. Even in Renegade Platinum I got a Beedrill, Shroomish, and Wurmple so yeah. 1/3 isn't great.

>>37362901
Glad to see someone else's Quagsire survived.
>>
File: Plat3.png (101 KB, 1100x500)
101 KB
101 KB PNG
>>37362265
>one chance at life
>get Adamant Rotom
That battle theme though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfbdDCa4uLQ

Ah well, Gardenia done anyway. Team is shaping up decently enough, grinded (ground?) everyone up with the free heals in Eterna Forest. It's slow but safe, can just chill and watch the new Orville while I spam A

>>37363076
Yeah I opted not to do any time-fuckery. Mostly because I was going for the Rotom anyway so Drifloon isn't that important. But I guess we saw how THAT turned out.
Slathered a tree up before I saved so maybe in the morning I'll see if the RNG gods wanna throw me a bone for once.
>>
>replacement Xatu almost died to a crit petal dance too

wtf is going on

is petal dance buffed in gen II or something
>>
>Blaine uses, not one, but two Super Potions on full health Pokemon
get your shit together Gen 1 we haven't even finished Red yet
>>
File: quickupdate4.png (12 KB, 479x288)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
>>37359115
All Gyms and the last Rival fight are down so It's on to Victory Road. Seemed a bit underlevelled compared to my rival but the AI is so bad that it hasn't been a problem.
>>
File: CrystalNuzBeatChuck.png (2 KB, 160x144)
2 KB
2 KB PNG
i decided to not grind levels on koffing after realizing my team's glaring weakness to psychic and electric types. so i just went ahead to fight Chuck instead, it was pretty easy since i had a Noctowl and Crobat. onto looking for more mons and Jasmine.
>>37363558
goodluck with the E4, anon. The E4 should be easy for you since their movesets and AI is pretty awful.
>>
File: kek.png (19 KB, 476x437)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
>>37363661
Thanks,I haven't done Gen 1 E4 in years so I'm looking forward to it. Bout to get a nice chunk of moltres exp too.
>>
File: rp41.png (9 KB, 256x384)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
I'm starting to think that this version isn't the shiny updated version and I just got really lucky last run.

I only found one shiny this run which is still a lot but not 1/512 a lot. I might go back to being allowed to catch every shiny unless I find a lot again.

>>37363198
...At least Rotom gets Sucker Punch as a tutor move? Yeah, that sucks.

To be fair the natures on your main team are good/neutral so that's nice. What are you hoping to get from the tree, anon? A Munchlax?

>>37363264
It's base 70 in Gen 2. But crits are double so it's like a decently strong neutral hit. Xatu is pretty frail too.
>>
Red or Gold? Starting one up on my 3DS
Glad I bought them for the endless Nuzlockes on the go
>>
File: clutch.png (15 KB, 477x431)
15 KB
15 KB PNG
>>37363823
Which did you last play? pick the opposite.

E4 is in progress and I should probably have done some grinding but we got this.
>>
>>37363865
Oh Gold, then it's Red
Hype force assembled, now I just gotta find my 3ds sitting around
>>
Okay starting up Pokemon Red

Pick my starter
My personal preference is Charmander
Least favorite is Squirtle

Gonna run Dupes clause and a personal rule I usually use for Rare Candies functioning as Revives
>>
>>37363917
Middle of the road it with Bulba
>>
>>37363944
sounds good. dusting off my old tripcode for this
>>
File: the end.png (4 KB, 474x336)
4 KB
4 KB PNG
Red is down and I can officially start calling this an autismlocke.

E4
>Lorelai spent her first two turns using Super Potions on full health pokemon; Gadget cleaned house with Pluto for Jynx
>Bruno was dealth with by Ariel and Rafiki
>Agatha attempted to useDream Eater on pokemon that were awake 3 times; Rocky swept
>Gyarados almost one-hit Gadget with Hyper Beam, then Ariel swept after and Acid Armor boost

Champ
>Lost Pluto to Exeggutor embarrassingly because Fire Blast wouldn't connect and he stomp crit me
>I left The fates out vs Gyarados and they died to Hydro Pump
>Rocky killed Charizard after several fire spins

Overall it was pretty damn Easy considering my levels

Champs:
>Gadget-Magneton 50
Tthunderbolt, Thundershock, Thunder wave, Supersonic
>Ariel-Vaporeon 50
Surf, Acid Armor, Ice Beam, Swift
>Rocky-Rhyhorn 48
Strength, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Double Edge
>Rafiki - Hypno 48
Psychic, Hypnosis, Disable, Mega Punch
>>
File: rp43.png (14 KB, 256x384)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
God dammit. Crit Reversal. This is the worst timeline. I'm using Scizor instead because it's the highest-leveled thing in my box and I don't want to grind anything else up. Serves me right for not paying attention while grinding. From now on I'm running from every Hariyama.

>>37363917
Aw man, if I used that rule 4/5 of my graveyard would be revived. Screw Spearow and Onix.

>>37363955
Great, now I'll have to give you more attention.

>>37363998
I never played Gen 1 before but from what I've seen it's okay to be 10 levels under the E4. Crazy.
>>
Running right into it we have

Axel, the Pidgey from Route 1
and Smiles, the Bulbasaur
Gonna try to head over to Route 22 after a little grinding and pray for something good
>>
Already on the verge of screeching. Grabbed a Nidoran(male) from Route 22 and have been trying to catch it and pidgey up to Bulbs

BUT THESE WILD PIDGEY AND THEIR FREAKISH CRITS
It never seems to end, every fight theres almost always at least one, nearly killing one of my low level boys.
>>
File: TC3.png (77 KB, 574x411)
77 KB
77 KB PNG
A lot happened, including our first moments of heartbreak.

Ari, Ollie, and Dakota all evolved while training in Union Cave. No catch for the cave since Ive trained Rattata before, and no catch for route 33 since Togepi, named Fleck, hatched there.

I trained up a bit in Illex Forest (caught Oddish, named Dolly) but I went in against Bugsy with only Ollie, Dakota, and Ari at lvl 17 - Togepi was just at lvl 10 for Christ's sake, I don't know what I was thinking. I guess I thought that since I had Ari it would be easy, but even a supereffective Thundershock only took of 1/8th and his Sycther's U-turn was a fucking bitch.

Had to sacrifice my baby Togepi to save Puck. Ari was by far the most useful and strong mon on my team and her journey ended because I was too retarded to train up properly.
>>
>>37364210
Forgot to edit funds - we're really at $2199. That other anon was right, $100 per Pokemon isnt much, Im gonna change it to $600 per Pokemon.
>>
File: CrystalNuzBeatJasmine.png (2 KB, 160x144)
2 KB
2 KB PNG
I ended up buying an Abra from the Game Corner and raised it into a Kadabra, got that to counter Jasmine's Magnemites. That Jasmine battle ended up being easy overall due to my Kadabra wiping out her 2 Magnemites. gonna grind my teams levels a bit then deal with Team Rocket and then Clair.
>>37363998
congrats, anon on beating Red
>>37364014
rip Kingdra, goodluck with the E4. especially with that RNG shit that Drayano did with the E4 teams.
>>37364210
rip Togepi and Flaffy, at least the next gym will be easy for you considering your team.
>>
File: TrainerCard.png (20 KB, 245x158)
20 KB
20 KB PNG
>figure the Weedle from Route 2 would give me a reroll or two in Viridian for a Pikachu
>first encounter is Pikachu
fine then if you wanna be that way about it

Current team plus trainercard
Smiles - Bulbasaur - Level 8
Espec - Weedle - Level 5
Andrew - Nidoran(M) - Level 10
Axel - Pidgey - Level 7
Dusty - Pikachu - Level 3
>>
Question: Does an encounter in the Sprout Tower count as a Violet City encounter or is Sprout Tower just different altogether
>>
>>37364325
I usually count it as its own dungeon
>>
File: Blueupdate1.png (960 KB, 1259x628)
960 KB
960 KB PNG
Started up Blue to make the Autism official though I'm probably not going to play much tonight. Gonna try and speed through this, since I know how easy the E4 is, and move on to Yellow ASAP.
>>
File: rp44.png (11 KB, 256x384)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
I'm done grinding. I'm still a little tilted over the Kingdra death so I'm not going to fight the Elite 4 until tomorrow. Hopefully I don't get screwed over. I'm also underprepped for Garchomp so you know that's going to go well. I hope Drayano didn't randomly give Cynthia a Weavile or legendaries to the Elite 4 because I'm going to be so screwed if that happens.

>>37364289
I hate to talk about tripcodes but I swear I heard your name before. Do you post in the drawthread, or make fakemon or something?

Congrats on the Pikachu and the shiny Nidoran?

>>37364325
I count it as its own thing because it says "Sprout Tower" on the info page.

>>37364252
I don't mind the RNG shit unless they get the worst possible team for me to deal with (which I wouldn't know about anyway).

Kadabra's always a safe bet, especially as a Game Corner catch.
>>
>>37364512
I just made it shiny because it's my preferred version of Nidoran. He's my favorite pokemon so I couldn't resist.
And yes, I used to post in the drawthread frequently, specifically if you ever look up Rukia on the archive.
>>
>lost a hoothoot and rattata before the first gym
WE ARE THE RATS
WE ARE THE RATS
>>
Why is the Gen 2 game corner so good?
>>
Question about Autismlockes, do you have to run every version back to back or do you just need to cover each game at some point?
>>
Decided to randomize my Leaf Green run. It shall be litty.
>>
>>37364798
well randomize starters, TMs, and a couple of other things.
>>
>>37364325
It's a separate dungeon but since the encounter table is so small i just lump it with violet (same with burned tower and ecruteak, olivine harbour and olivine and etcetera)

Not a big deal missing out an extra chance of capturing rattata or gastly
>>
>>37364014
>>37364512
Damn, always hurts losing someone that late. Good look with the E4

Obviously Munchlax/Heracross would have been ideal. I got a female Combee in the end so definitely could be worse. It's only the Floaroma Meadow encounter anyway so no reason not to give it a shot.
>>
>>37364753
I do all games back to back because its fun to see the version differences and how the series evolved

i think playing red then going to sun/moon and going back to blue would be jarring due to the changes and lack of QoL but some people seem to dont mind
>>
File: Gold Run Welcome to Kanto.png (1.55 MB, 1950x1110)
1.55 MB
1.55 MB PNG
Made it to Kanto and found an amazing sixth member between Celadon and Fuchisa! Gonna pop back over to Johto at some point to grab it Fire Blast.

I already picked up the Vermilion, Cerulean, and Saffron City Badges. Btw, why did Sabrina become weak as fuck between gens? Have dark pokemon users just been tearing ass through her gym for the last 3 years?
>>
>>37365998
>Btw, why did Sabrina become weak as fuck between gens?

psychic was OP in gen I due to having literally no checks

it became shit as soon as dark started being a thing and everybody and their mother learned bite or could learn thief
>>
>start a fairly casual Pearl nuzlocke
>pick Turtwig
>the Starly at Lake Verity misses it's first attack
>Turtwig turns out to be Jolly natured

Will this be a good run? We shall see.
>>
File: ssnuzlocke.png (8 KB, 256x384)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
going after Clair right now

(empty slot because every single fire-type I get dies minutes later and right now I have no options without repeating types)
>>
>>37366131
Well it hasn't been so great so far. Got a Bidoof with a shit nature, then Shinx without Intimidate, then Budew on Route 204, and then my 3 strikes dupes clause fucked me over and I got Bidoof again on Route 203 - was Bidoof, then Shinx, then Bidoof so that was that. Still haven't even got Starly.

Oh well, using only like two mons is better early on anyway, saves on grinding.
>>
File: proudest.png (18 KB, 490x336)
18 KB
18 KB PNG
My proudest creation against Renegade Wake, it has shell armor too.
>>
File: rp45.png (13 KB, 256x384)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
Time to take on the E4.

Aaron is lower level 70s as expected.

>Leads Yanmega, I lead Bronzong
>I set up rocks, he Protects + Speed Boosts
>He does a lot of damage but he spams Protect (he gets double Protects every time he tries) which helps me heal up
>Eventually switch to Scizor, Bug Buzz is doing a lot
>He sends out Vespiquen which I SD on even though Hurricane hurts
>OHKO Vespiquen with Bullet Punch at +4
>Proceed to sweep through the rest of his team, including Rock Smashing his own Scizor

I was worried about him sweeping me with his Scizor/Drapion so I'm glad I got through that as early as possible. This felt like his "standard" team so nothing threw me off.

Shoutouts to Stealth Rock for forcing Vespiquen to heal so Scizor got extra setup.

>>37366494
Nice. I never use straight-up stall in nuzlockes but it's smart to use Toxic as early as you can.

>>37366324
Don't worry, with dupes clause you'll get a Starly eventually. Maybe you'll actually enjoy using Bidoof.

>>37366156
Damn, really lucky with Kangaskhan and Yanmega (unless SS = StormSilver). Fire types aren't needed for Clair, I think Hypno and Feraligatr can deal with her.

>>37365998
She was overpowered before that so fair by me. Way to use Magcargo, I hope it actually does things.
>>
>>37366796
Yeah he only has Ludicolo for special moves, this Cloyster set walls all his other mons.
>>
File: rp46.png (10 KB, 256x384)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
Infinite TMs lets me give Mismagius Energy Ball right before Bertha.

Also there's somebody who gives you every TM before fighting the Elite 4 so I'm glad I didn't have to look for Scald or Ice Beam.

>Leads TTar, I lead Bronzong
>Bertha, that's not a Ground type
>Switch to Scizor which takes 40% from Crunch
>It outspeeds me and goes for another Crunch, I kill it and heal with Sitrus to about 50%
>Goes Rhyperior with confetti spilling everywhere
>Switch to Bronzong which takes way too much from Stone Edge
>Get off a Toxic at the cost of most of my health
>Flygon takes almost half, this is definitely Choice Band
>Narrowly 2HKO with most of my Flygon gone
>Mamoswine comes out
>Switch into Bronzong on a crit Ice Shard
>Hyper Potion up since she healed Rhyperior earlier
>Get crit twice with Icicle Crash, sending to me low health
>Dugtrio
>No idea what to expect, go for Toxic
>Night Slash.exe
>Bronzong dies, making the rest of the E4 10x harder
>Revenge with Aerodactyl
>Mismagius switches into Swampert and finishes Claydol off

I'm so stupid for letting Dugtrio kill Bronzong. I just forgot that Dugtrio got that move. I'm so screwed against Garchomp now.

>>37366897
Yeah, fair point. Shell Armor makes it a reliable wall.
>>
>one tile before the grass in r10 i get a goldeen encounter
>first encounter in grass is electabuzz

i hate nuzlockes sometimes
>>
File: rp47.png (13 KB, 256x384)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
>Leads Ninetales, I lead Aerodactyl
>Get up rocks, Solarbeam does a good chunk
>OHKO with Rock Slide, surprisingly no sash
>Brave Bird Infernape, down to yellow health
>Rock Slide Flareon
>Switch to Flygon on Rapidash's Wild Charge, pro prediction
>Take chip from Houndoom which somehow outspeeds me and Solarbeams
>Earthquake Magmortar for the win

Easy game. I needed that after the Bronzong loss. Now I don't have a switch to Psychic types so this should go well.

>>37366988
I've never seen anybody so disappointed in Electabuzz. I guess you already used it?

Remember to use Repels next time. They're a nuzlocker's favorite item.
>>
>>37366996
i'm disappointed because ive got a goldeen literally one tile away from an electabuzz. i love it

and using repels is for fags like TFS
>>
File: rp48.png (13 KB, 256x384)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
>Lead Scizor, Leads Espeon
>Sets up Screens as I get to +6, has Aura Sphere
>Starmie Hydro Pumps me to about half health after Sitrus, Bug Bite it up
>OHKO the rest of his team with Bullet Punch (it was Light Clay too)

I can't believe I was about to fight the Elite 4 without this menace. I knew this could sweep his team but I didn't actually believe it. Also just like Bertha he ditched his D/P Ace completely.

>>37367006
Oh, I misread that. Yeah I don't like using Repels either but sometimes you want to get catches that are impossible/unlikely like Granite Cave Aron or the grass on the route before Canalave City. But I respect your choice.
>>
File: rp49.png (11 KB, 256x384)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
My team is mostly the same for Cynthia except I'm using Choice Scarf Aerodactyl like the madman I am. Jolly max speed Garchomp outspeeds my Aerodactyl so I want to be extra safe.

>Leads Milotic, I lead Flygon
>Switch to Mismagius on Ice Beam
>Set up Calm Minds to +6 to waste Light Screen turns, get Scald burned
>Draining Kiss the Spiritomb, no Sucker Punch
>Shadow Ball Lucario
>Surprise Staraptor, switch out to Aerodactyl which takes a crit Brave Bird into a Rock Slide miss, dying
>I'm panicking now
>Revenge it with Flygon, losing most of my health
>Here it is, Big Garchomp (Level 78)
>Goes for Outrage, KOing Flygon
>Scizor Bug Bites for 50%, also eating the Yache Berry
>Earthquakes me down but I barely live, Sitrus helps
>Last mon Ampharos
>imnotlettingyougo.jpg
>Send out Tentacruel for the first time to sacrifice it to a crit TBolt
>Mismagius finishes it off with two Shadow Balls

We did it, with Mismagius and Scizor as the only survivors.

Scizor is the real MVP, sweeping through half of the Elite 4 and coming in clutch against Garchomp. I should not have waited until the E4 and almost not used it at all. Don't know what I was smoking.

Electrode was also an unexpected bro, I decided not to bring it to the E4 but it's been helping the team since Mars. It should get Energy Ball in the real games.
>>
>>37367226
Congrats holy shit, what a based team you have there. Nice to see some change ups to Cynthia's lineup, though Im guessing she has multiple potential teams like the rest of E4.

How do you rate it overall and what would you give it on the difficulty scale?
>>
File: rp50.png (9 KB, 256x384)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
I was going to move on to VW/VW2 or continue Altered Emerald (which isn't that fun desu) but I think I'll take a break from nuzlocking for a while.

>>37367251
Slightly above medium difficulty. Most of my deaths were from my fault/hax instead of the game being bullshit. It hits you with tough Gym Leaders early on but gets progressively easier (Volkner was a disappointment). It has some random bullshit things like eeveelution coverage (Wood Hammer Glaceon, Aura Sphere Espeon) but it also gives you a free eeveelution before Roark so it balances things out by giving you good pokemon/Infinite TMs/multiple Leftovers/etc.
>>
What game should i run and what should my starter be?
>>
>>37367782
Your favorite game with your favorite starter
>>
>>37367782
yellow bench pikachu and use a weedle

make beedrill always your top pokemon and beat the E4 and every gym with it, if it dies you restart
>>
I’m gonna do a solo-mon run in platinum
First reply is what Pokémon I use
>>
>>37367832
feebas
>>
File: 1525349163221.jpg (96 KB, 460x490)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>37367815
that's boring, it would get overpowered so easily if it's the top spot constantly and you have to use it at every gym leader.
>>37367807
that would be pearl with turtwig.
all right then
>>
>>37367867
>beedrill
>overpowered

error 404

also

>not using caps
>>
File: Pearl.png (318 KB, 1920x1080)
318 KB
318 KB PNG
Alright grinded way more than I needed to in fear of losing another mon and forgetting that Volkner's ace in Pearl is not electivire but a shitty luxray. Gonna keep working my way towards the e4 and prepare for the final fight with Barry, before I do another long ass grind to get my team ready for Cynthia. My pachirisu is in day-care right now and will most likely be my 6th team member it'll be the last member I train up after getting all that day-care exp.
>>
>>37367867
>pearl with turtwig

Hey that's what I'm doing as well. Just defeated Mars, Purugly is piss if you have Machop like I do. I'm gonna wait for honey encounters to see what I get. Can't be arsed to just get Buizel and Shellos again, or Pachirisu that I used last time.
>>
File: TC3.png (79 KB, 574x411)
79 KB
79 KB PNG
Im a damn retard who lost two of my mons to fucking trainers while training on the routes outside of Goldenrod.
Ive got a Stantler bro named Dharma and a Nidoran named Nori now, but Im so fucking pissed at myself.
>>
File: 1516862676103.png (136 KB, 1000x3400)
136 KB
136 KB PNG
>>37367867
Mark, Marcelle, and Marc are a part of the team (voluntarily of course). Prob the best possible encounters i could have gotten. Also, natures aren't too bad

>>37367910
dude i would kill for a pachirisu. I have never not gotten shellos at valley windworks.
>>37367868
You're essentially proposing a solorun. Not really what i want to do.
>>
>>37368492
can't trick me pashy
>>
>>37368492
I got Pachirisu in a dupesless run, no less. Never encountered Starly once though, since I got Bidoof on my first four encounters. I ended up using Spiritomb out of desperation.
>>
I wiped to Bugsy my last Native Johto pokemon only Heartgold nuzlocke with my bayleef,hoothoot,and flaffy so it's time for a new run

1-3: Chikorita
4-6:Tododile
7-9: Cyndaquil
0: Next Anon picks
>>
>>37368672
Go for Cyndaquil, he is cute.
>>
File: TrainerCard.png (21 KB, 245x158)
21 KB
21 KB PNG
Post-Brock update

No losses yet, still leveling up and enjoying the run and nostalgia of my favorite generation

Smiles - Bulba - Level 14
Espec - Beedrill - Level 11
Andrew - Nidoran(M) - Level 12
Dusty - Pikachu - Level 11
Axel - Pidgey - Level 11

Everyone is doing pretty alright, training is going well and I'm excited to get a new pokemon over on Route 3 and in Mt. Moon. Almost lost Dusty to an Ekans spamming Wrap because I forgot you can switch out in this one.
>>
File: Plat4.png (21 KB, 256x192)
21 KB
21 KB PNG
>>37363198
Grinding up for Fantina, my god does everything take long in this game.

And this nigger right here killed TWO of my Pokemon with his Bonsly. First he Low Kick crits my Bibarel, then when my Shellos Water Pulsed him to 1hp, he Flails and kills that too. How am I so bad bros
>>
>tfw tried to do a Nuzlocke randomizer Emerald run but get immediately BTFO'd in the forest by a bugcatcher with a fucking Latios with outrage.
I'm still playing my randomizer run despite that though. Already encountered legendries like Mewtwo, Lugia, Latias and Latios before the second gym.
>>
>>37369115
Yeah so I wiped to Fantina anyway. This is where all of my Platinum runs end, either Fantina fucks me up or I beat her and immediately get bored. Maybe I just don't enjoy Sinnoh
>>
>>37364798
>>37369131
In my Emerald run I randomized encounters, trainer fights, starters, trades, and shuffled items.I also made level up moves, TMs random and Move tutors random. But everything else is the same.
I picked a squirte and it's starting moves were:
>Flame Wheel
>Arm Thrust
And then the first move it learned was Hydro Cannon.
But a more consistent and hilarious move I replaced it with soon after was Crabhammer.
My other limitations are:
>Catch first Pokémon in area. But no dupes. If you don't then move onto the next area.
>Minimal wild pokemon and trainer grinding. Only enough to progress
>Can only buy Pokeballs. But can use items picked up off ground and berries.
>Can only backtrack if necessary to the plot
I failed pretty fast into it though but it's a solid challenge none the less. I don't think it's quite Nuzlocke viable unless you had perfect luck. I even caught a level 4 Dragonite with Dragon Dance, Wing Attack, Dragonbreath and Arial Ace and I STILL got wiped.
The first gym had a Kingdra, Marill, and Wigglytuff. It took me three tries with level 11+ pokemon. Third try I scarificed most of my underlevelled Pokémon to kill the Kingra when it's outrage finally made it confused, then had Dragonite dragon dance setup on the Marill so it could oneshot Wigglytuff that had Skullbash.
You literally cannot anticipate anything in this type of challenge but its grounded enough to be able to plan ahead a little based on what you know about the Pokémon's type and stats.
>>
>>37369131
just check the option to not have legendaries

i dont find fun having mewtwo on route 01 and youngster joey with a pair of legendary dogs but ymmv
>>
File: CrystalNuzBeatClair.png (2 KB, 160x144)
2 KB
2 KB PNG
Alright, i should've came prepared with berries that can get rid of Paralysis, didn't expect this chick to get Parahax on all her Dragon Breaths, ended up even losing my Kadabra to her Kingdra. i'll need to find a replacement for it now.
>>
>>37369656
Sup nuzbros, been thinking about doing a wonderlocke of x or y, possibly oras. Is that stupid?
>>
>>37369717
Shit didn’t mean to direct it to you. Whatever lmao.
>>
>>37369717
not necessarily. XY's main selling point is the fuckhuge variety in the grass. You'll inevitably end up getting some crazy shit.
>>
File: TrainerCard.png (22 KB, 245x158)
22 KB
22 KB PNG
Post-Rival in Cerulean, on my way to see Bill and then go fight Misty.

Same team still working out pretty good, except a few VERY close calls with Mankey and Machop crits. And my Rival's Pidgeotto was 4 levels above my highest level at the time.

Smiles - Ivysaur - Level 18
Espec - Beedrill - Level 15
Andrew - Nidorino - 16
Axel - Pidgey - Level 15
Dusty - Pikachu - Level 16
and introducing Shea - Jigglypuff - Level 17

Side note: Fuck whoever thought it was a good idea for Jiggly to be common at level 3 when it doesn't learn a single attack until 8. I actually taught it Water Gun and BIDE to make it work on its own.
>>
>>37369115
>>37369188
I've never beat it either, its too damn slow. Maybe by speeding up on emulator it could be enjoyable but I haven't found the right settings.

I don't think HGSS is this slow and they're build on the same engine, no?
>>
File: please no more grind.png (49 KB, 968x589)
49 KB
49 KB PNG
Am I ready for Red? I grinded to Kingdom Fuck on the tree section with golbat genocide of MT Silver and re matching some gym leaders and trainers.
>>
>>37370902
Christ just I post that the golbats have had enough
>>
File: 1545425837938.png (231 KB, 3000x2000)
231 KB
231 KB PNG
>>37368492
I forgot to save before i quit yesterday so i had to redo everything up until Jubilife city. The team actually ended up pretty similar the second time around, except that i now have a bunch of kricketots and zubats. Gonna try to put a kricketot on my team just to see what he can do. Marc the Starly's wingattack/quickattack combo can take down most things no problemo. But when i get to oreburgh gym, Mark will have to carry hard.

>>37368503
Literally who
>>37368504
I actually need a bidoof pretty soon so i can have an HM slave. The last thing i want is to teach my starter rock smash.
>>
>>37370902
Holy shit. You're ready. The Red grind is one of the reasons I don't really bother doing HGSS. Good luck.

>>37371389
You'll probably get a Geodude soon, which gets Rock Smash at least.
>>
>actually got a female Combee
>Rash nature
>Vespiquen barely gets any Special Attacks

Oh well. This could be unique, let's see how this goes.
>>
File: Autismlock out of order.png (354 KB, 1314x1681)
354 KB
354 KB PNG
i lost my stoutland to drayden FUCK
It was one of my oldest members too. shit that hruts. Im not even sure what to replace it with, but hopefully i can scramble something together. Run as a whole going smoother than the black one though
>>
>>37370547
I'm already on emulator, but I think I've ruined myself by speeding through the GBA games at like 500% speed. Now the DS games only run at about 150% so it feels even slower in comparison.
I'm gonna give Black a go this time and avoid the speed up button as much as possible, just for those 10 hour tutorial cutscenes and lengthy grind sessions.

Might as well roll for starter while I'm here. 1-3 Snivy, 4-6 Tepig, 7-9 Oshawott, 0 randomize
>>
Just started a late night Nuzlocke of Gold. Set mode. Too tired to make a picture but will tomorrow.
Falkner and Bugsy were easy with Geodude and Pidgey respectively. Mud Slap Sentret took care of Rival 2's Gastly and Zubat and Fury Cutter Paras finished off Bayleef.
Other party members are Bellsprout, Zubat, Metapod, and Unown with a useless HP Poison.
Lost my starter to a crit Low Kick right after he learned Water Gun, but no other casualties yet.
Have a good night, nuzgen.
>>
>>37372173
>that zigzagoon in hall of fame
explain
>>
>>37372303
Use five mons but bring a sixth to retire it i suppose
>>
>>37372303
it loses pickup when it evolves
>>
wheres the randomizer for lets go?
>>
>>37372391
whats with pokemon losing pickup when they evolve. meowth loses it as well right?

pickup is a godsend in "no buying items" runs
>>
>>37372395
Zigzagoon is one of 4 (5 if you count Pikipek -> Trumbeak) Pokemon who DON'T lose Pickup upon evolution.
The others are Aipom, Bunnelby, and Pumpkaboo
>>
bitch ass silent fucker killed my jumpluff

onwards to silver tho
>>
File: Black1.png (34 KB, 1200x468)
34 KB
34 KB PNG
Blitzed through 2 gyms just because the start of BW is always the most tedious. So far so good, no deaths. I didn't think to check IV's until too late though, turns out my SNEK has a whopping 5 points in SpA and 0 in speed. At least Monty is a beast all round
>>
>>37372303
I had it with me to abuse pickup. by the time i went trough victory road all other candidates for a 6th teammember were dead so it ended up joining the veterans as a lvl 3 zigzagoon. it was something of a MVP but due to no real 6th member i suffered some heavy losses versus the E4
>>37372311
this was something i didnt think about but helped immensively since i do dupes clause with a strike system
>>
File: 004 GOLD 002 final.jpg (754 KB, 1563x1150)
754 KB
754 KB JPG
having to decide which mon moves from a game to the other with a limited box is fun. really makes you think about your strategy and possible future captures.

anyway, E4 is really the end of the game (kanto is post) so my six dudes + xatu which i used in kanto get to retire in peace.
>>
>>37373107
>water mamkey

lamao
>>
File: 1521175466215.png (498 KB, 780x625)
498 KB
498 KB PNG
Wake thje fuck up nuzgen. What are you guys doing, having a life? Pokemon awaits.
>>
>>37374283
starting up my 3DS right now, I got a couple hours anyway
>>
Just spent like 7 Pokeballs to catch a Cascoon. Going to call it "Sunk Costs" since that's what it was. Fucking hell. It was in Eterna Forest as well, could have got Misdreavus or something.
>>
>>37374426
Had to waste five pokeballs to get a kakuna once. And i play with a rule i cant buy anything, just use what i find in the field

I was basically out of catches from viridian forest onwards because of a fucking Kakuna that only knew harden.
>>
>>37374426
>>37374442
I wasted 10-15 pokeballs on a caterpie(all I had) and didn't manage to catch it.
>>
>>37374442
So bad.

Also my second encounter was Bunear + Misdreavus. Holy fucking shit. How lame is this?!
>>
File: TrainerCard.png (21 KB, 245x158)
21 KB
21 KB PNG
Okay so I've made some mistakes before, but this was rookie hour out the ASS.
Decided to take on Misty a little early (Ivysaur being 18 was my highest)

Staryu goes down smooth to Dusty, a lucky Paralyze on the first Thundershock sealed it up.
Starmie is far more of a problem so I threw a Thunder Wave at it, only to get crit by Tackle, leaving Dusty at like 5 hp and forcing a switchout.

Smiles used Leech Seed and otherwise just pummeled it with Vine Whips as it struggled to make a dent, so I got bold and stupid. I threw Axel into the ring, only to eat a Bubblebeam and instantly die. No crit.

Current team on card, Axel with Pidgey is my first loss this run. He was only level 15, he didn't deserve this.
>>
Can anyone please point me to a good pokemon ruby ROM? Everywhere I try to download it is unavailable. I just to play ruby on my phone for fuck sake.
>>
aaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
FUCK CRITICAL HITS
>>
>>37375479
fuck sake finally found some shit
>>
File: 005 SILVER 001 start.jpg (577 KB, 1563x1150)
577 KB
577 KB JPG
Started silver

guess i'm screwed from encounters in all first routes (since its night) unless i find a dunsparce in dark cave

guess i'll have to pull a mon from the box
>>
File: Black2.png (40 KB, 1200x606)
40 KB
40 KB PNG
>>37373107
Just got to Nuvema, lost Marley to Cheren's Liepard when I tried to switch it out. Think that's the first time I've ever had a death to Pursuit in my entire time playing Pokemon.

>>37375507
this teebeeaych
>>
I think I might go for a more casual Autismlocke. Possibly a definitive editionlocke where I play Yellow, Crystal, Emerald etc. I'll still do both BW and BW2, since BW2 is a sequel, and then do a version from each set of remakes.

I finished Red, and started up Blue but my motivation is slipping, especially since I'll then have to go through Kanto 4 more times before I'm even out of GSC.

I'll probably come back to run the other versions at some point but I feel like I'm going to run out of steam otherwise. Probably best to revise the challenge before I go further. I might add Colosseum and Gale of Darkness into the mix also.
>>
File: _Emerald Nuz.jpg (462 KB, 612x792)
462 KB
462 KB JPG
>>37376234
I tried this, but it does not give you the same feel as a doing all the gen games where you exhaust mons bc you retired some.

My autism run ran out of steam after gen 3, I could not do gen 4 bc it was so slow. My layout looked like this. It was fun to do, but def exhausting. Don't know if I should take up gen4, but I def need a faster emulator.
>>
>>37376528
This is kind of my point though. I sorta feel it's pointless to start an autismlocke that I won't finish whereas a definitive edition one would be more manageable. I like the idea of an autismlocke, but, I don't think I'm actually autistic enough to commit so whats the point?
>>
Never done a Nuzlocke of a Drayano hack but interested. Which one's the best one to start with?
>>
>>37376560
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B-zmEVN0Mas6Q3lLbDJDaWNyaVU

That's a link to all of them though I wouldn't really know where to start on which is "best" because his style has changed over time.

Fire Red Omega substitutes the Kanto starter for baby Pokemon whereas his more recent hacks take a Vanilla+ type approach; just stat changes, wild pokemon availability, number of Pokemon for each trainer increased and a lot more gift pokemon. Sorry for the copout but it might be better to read the documents and see which one grabs you.
>>
Jesus Christ Gyarados' death sucks. Easily my favorite Pokemon on my team. Details are in the image. tl;dr Gyarados lost an RNG roll that was 99.6% in his favor and he will be greatly missed.

Side note:
Crasher Wake is extremely hard in Renegade Platinum, harder than every gym leader up to this point by a significant margin. This is 100% due to the presence of rain in his gym from the sprinklers being turned on, powering up his water moves and activate swift swim for half of his team.
>>
File: PearlNuzlocke.png (771 KB, 1280x776)
771 KB
771 KB PNG
Big boy update

I beat everyone at the three lakes
Seba bulldozed through Candice's and Volkner's Gyms
Galactic HQ and Spear Pillar was demolished by our own girl, Tickle
Tickle finally unlocked her true potential and evolved
Pharaoh joins our team
Caught Palkia
Caught another Glameow

I think I covered everything. I'm gonna do one more update after Victory Road. Gonna have Pharaoh evolved by then.

>>37360834
>the odd egg is always shiny in polished
Isn't it always shiny? Even in vanilla Crystal?
>>37362109
It's pretty nice
>>37364753
I'm doing it in order because I want to see the progression of the series between gens.
But others are doing them out of order so you do whatever you want.
>>37368492
>>37371389
Love your pics anon
>>37376234
Honestly, I didn't really have any trouble playing through Kanto eight times (Yep, I played Green). If you don't like Kanto, you're not gonna like the run. I love Kanto cause I played the shit out of it when I was a kid.
>>37376528
Do it anon. I ran out of steam after Diamond. I've been on and off of Pearl since last February I think? But just recently I've had the ol' Pokemon itch, so now I'm looking forward to Platinum.
>>37376551
>what's the point
That's where my Champs Pokemon come in. Champion Pokemon can't ever be used in my future runs, so it kinda adds another level of challenge to future games. I'll post my list of available mons in the next post.
>>
File: AvailableMons.jpg (393 KB, 907x1200)
393 KB
393 KB JPG
>>37376551
>>37377070
These are Pokemon I can use from Pearl to Ultra Moon
>>
>>37377070
The champion's being excluded from subsequent runs is a standard autismlocke rule that I'd still adhere to and Kanto is honestly my favourite region because I started with red but It's just a bit much to go through this many times back to back for me.

I'll likely fill the blanks in later down the line but I dont want to join the many autismlockes that burn out during FRLG or because of running DP back to back. I definitely appreciate the sentiment behind your approach but I don't think it's right for me.

Probably going to shelf blue and move on to Yellow. Out of interest, how did you get Raichu in yours? Is there a way to bug out the starter pikachu so you can evolve it?
>>
>>37377140
Another potential option is to play through the games I got at the time so I could go:
>Red
>yellow
>Gold
>Crystal
>Ruby
>Emerald
>Leaf Green
>Diamond
>Platinum
>Black
>White 2
>X
>Moon
>Ultra Moon

Then I'm still cutting out a little but but not gutting the whole thing. Later on I can do an oppositelocke where I go through Blue/Silver/Sapphire etc
>>
>>37377174
Oh and Alpha Sapphire.
>>
>>37377140
Yeah, do what you think will be more fun for you anon.
I used UPR and made Pikachu able to evolve cause fuck that and fuck trade evos
>>
>>37377188
Ah fair, I was wondering about that. I appreciate you trying to spur me on, but the bottom line is I'm lazy as fuck and I don't think my attention span will last lol.

I'm gonna do >>37377174 and call it an Originslocke since it's my original versions from each release. I think it's a good halfway point.
>>
>>37377070
dang anon, you gold run is super stacked, all those mons are dope. tell us about it?

I want to finish the autism run, been playing renegade platinum but still it's so damn slow! I just need to find those booted emulator settings I guess to speed it up.

also, the odd egg in 100% shiny in polished but just a higher percentage in vanilla Crystal (like 12%)

>>37377174
>>37376551
I still think there is something to enjoy about going thru all the games in the gen. you learn a few tweaks and its fun to really get to know that gens mechanics and try out random mons of that gen.
>>
File: Nuzlocke 1-13-2019.png (493 KB, 1200x1211)
493 KB
493 KB PNG
>>37376949
Got bored and decided to see how a "generated" nuzlocke image would turn out. May or may not continue using this format depending on how easy I find it to update in the future.
>>
>>37377595
Oh I completely agree, I probably didn't articulate myself very well but I admire the people running full autismlockes; I'm just not sure I've got it in me. I'm just trying to be realistic about myself and I think trying to do it all is going to mean I don't even finish half. I like the idea of my Originlocke though since I've bought every definitive edition along with one version from each release; at least I'll still be doing most of them. I'll save the opposite ones for later when I feel more like going back to Gen 1 again.
>>
File: GoldNuzlocke (Finished).png (724 KB, 1052x720)
724 KB
724 KB PNG
>>37377595
My Gold run was pretty terrific. I remember catching Korban before Jasmine. (He could have wiped my entire team. I think Mongoose was on 17HP when I caught Korban.)
ALL of my Gold team mambers were absolute units. I think out of all of my runs so far, Gold was the most well-rounded and hard-hitting team I've had. Yellow was a close second.
Not once was I worried during my Gold run, even facing Red. It was a pretty fucking cool run. Everyone put in the work.

Here's my Gold info
>>
What exactly are autismlocke rules?

It looks like you're nuzlocking every main series pokemon game not named Let's Go. How far along the 'tism spectrum do you have to be to stand playing Kanto 10-11 times?

It also looks like you're not supposed to have duplicate pokemon on your champion teams between games. Do you re-roll if your first encounter on a route is a previous champ? Can pokemon not in the Hall of Fame be caught again in later games?

Are there any other rules I'm missing?
>>
>>37377909
Additional questions:

Can pokemon that are dead be caught again in later games? What if they die in the Pokemon league and are technically in the Hall of Fame?

Has anyone had the absolute balls to do an autism-locke of Drayano's romhacks?
>>
>>37377909
>Nuzlocke every main series title using the standard ruleset, typically done in order;
>Champions are retired and cannot be used in subsequent runs though split evo's are fine
>Pokemon you caught, but that did not survive to the hall of fame, can be used in subsequent runs;

Optional
>Pokemon that were used for the E4 but did not survive to the hallf of fame are also retired

I'm not really sure where people stand on re-rolling the first encounters. Personally, I would reroll - just because of how few Kanto options you will likely have come FRLG - butI haven't done an autismlocke before so my opinion doesn't mean much.

I don't know if anyone has done a back to back drayano run but there are definitely people who have nuzlocked each of his hacks. A couple of people finished Renegade in this thread pretty recently.
>>
>>37378010
Sorry if that was pretty vague but - since there are only two official nuzlocke rules - theres a lot of personal rulesets used in the variations. Some people don't allow gift mons to be used, some people up the autism even further and only use pokemon from the region the version is based in etc etc

The more restrictions you place upon the run, the harder it will be. Look at >>37377096 for an indication of how much of the dex you can eliminate just through the champ system and that Anon is only up to Gen IV., albeit with the inclusion of Green.
>>
File: 1525849568005.jpg (280 KB, 1536x2048)
280 KB
280 KB JPG
>>37378010
>>37378031
That makes more sense. Thanks fren
>>
bongbump
>>
>>37377909
I retire every pokemon family (bar split evos) that go to the E4 period. Even the ones who die deserve to be retired and have their rest

I also retire pokemon forms that die but it doesnt seem to be a widespread rule
>>
>>37377096
Gen 5 won't be too bad since you'll mostly be using new stuff. Gen 6 could be decent too since there's such a big dex that you will have options. Gen 7 could get pretty hairy though since it's rough and you'll have exhausted a load of stuff. Despite the shit variety in DP you're going pretty damn well with lots of cool shit like Abomasnow, Quagsire, Mismagius, and Pachirisu.
>>
File: 1353116487951.jpg (17 KB, 320x233)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>beedrill dies after hardening three times because koffing hit three straight crits
>cyndaquil dies after a combo of supersonic + hitting itself + crit poison sting + poison damage

i fucking hate silver, everything that can go wrong is going wrong.
>>
File: moonfag attempt 9001.png (189 KB, 708x536)
189 KB
189 KB PNG
Bumping, just got rotom dex (made it this far on previous attempt with a different starter and emulator froze so Im playing on my actual system now)
>>
>>37379253
>SM misty
Absolute plebeian hope your entire team dies.
>>
>>37379275
He's nuzlocking SM. When in Rome and all that.
>>
>>37377070
Fuck me anons. Two Pokemon have died in the League so far.
>>
Is Gardenia widely considered to be the easiest Sinnoh Gym Leader? You're basically guaranteed to have something that can take her on, even if it's a Wurmple evolution or a random Bug type from the honey trees.

I mean there's Byron as well which all 3 starters are great against, but at least he can Metal Burst you in Platinum and his mons have great bulk. Or Roark, who is piss easy minus his Cranidos, and that's nearly free if you have a healthy Turtwig. But I think Gardenia is the easiest.
>>
File: Black3.png (11 KB, 256x384)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
>>37375550
fug
>>
>>37379787
F
>>
>>37379787
jimbo is a cursed name, every jimbo dies
>>
>>37379918
That's just me dying again and again, I'm trash

I guess I'll start my generations type thing again anyway, now that I have time. Not gonna be as intense as others' autismlockes, just playing the games I have access to in order.
Gonna be LeafGreen > Emerald > Platinum > HeartGold > Black > Black 2

And instead of retiring Pokemon that make it to the Hall of Fame, I'll breed them and pass them on to the next game. It will be Pokemon that die that get retired and banned from future games. The champions should make the DS games easier so I might be able to have a run last more than 3 gyms.

Guess I'll roll for Kanto starter. 1-3 Bulbasaur, 4-6 Squirtle, 7-9 Charmander, 0 no starter
>>
>>37380010
>And instead of retiring Pokemon that make it to the Hall of Fame, I'll breed them and pass them on to the next game.
your game your rules but id think that keeping roughly the same victorious team over several games would be boring as heck
>>
>>37380015
idk about that, it's gonna be maximum 6 pokemon passed on each time, and that's only if I sweep the E4+Champ without a loss. I've still then got to raise them all over again without dying, and I'm notoriously shit at this game.
On the off chance it does get out of hand I might end up limiting myself to no more than 50% of my party at a time being former champions, but I'll see how it goes.
>>
File: file.png (9 KB, 722x481)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
Just started with randomized ruby, wally's pokemon died in the catching tutorial and the game glitched out
>>
>>37380117
Does that mean you're not playing in what looks like German?
>>
File: Autismlock out of order.png (357 KB, 1314x1681)
357 KB
357 KB PNG
>>37372173
I got a metang in giant chasm. i did not regret throwing the masterball.
For the first time in ages i beat the league without casualties.
Metagross swept Marshall.
Leavanny swept Caitlyn with swordance and some help from Braviary.
Shantaul got down with some major effort from everyone.
And grimsley jobbed to a bunch of hammer arms.
Iris turned out to be a challenge. until jellicent rendered everything she could throw at me useless.
Onwards to postgame. Im cherishing the last good pokemon game as much as i can. I hope this team will make it
>>
>>37380236
I am playing in german. his makuhita died and he sent out a bad egg that was poisoned for whatever reason. the egg then took poison damage for a while and died
>>
>>37380281
must have been rotten lol
>>
>>37377070
Welp we did it /nuz/. Pearl down.
I'm glad Tickle made it through all the way, she was basically my starter.

Let's pay respects to
Boris the Gastrodon, he didn't really do much.
Chuchu the Pachirisu, he was fodder. Couldn't use him at all, wish I could.
Crasher the Golduck, she practically took the brunt of every Pokemon's moves. I was hoping she would make it to the end.

I'm gonna start Platinum pretty soon.
>>
File: AvailableMons.jpg (388 KB, 907x1200)
388 KB
388 KB JPG
>>37380327
Updated Available Mons
>>
I was planning to start my Yellow run tonight but I feel like I've been turned inside out. Might have to make disease my naming theme since I am not long for this world.
>>
>>37380549
Can i get your blurays when you die?
>>
>>37380580
>Can i get your blurays when you die
I'm afraid the format beat me to it
>>
File: Gen LeafGreen1.png (103 KB, 1188x574)
103 KB
103 KB PNG
>>37380010
Standard stuff so far, managed to lose Grey on Route 25 to some guys Spearow. I'll probably start grinding Abra up at some point soon.

Dubs and I trade Red for Farfetch'd for the lulz
>>
>>37380549
oof
>>
>>37380327
Nice job! Nice to see Mismagius survive, it's not in enough games. That said I did take one to the top in Sun.
>>
Just started a nuzlocke in Unova Red, basically Red version with unovamons. No phisical/special split, but ghost is classified as special and dark as phisical. Playing in Challenge mode (higher level curve and can't use items in battle)
>>
>>37380792
>using a mod to pick unovas gross ass starters

ewwww, i say
>>
>>37380015
>>37380050

I remember someone on here doing just that about a year or two back. It looked like a lot of his/her reborn champions ended up dying from game to game. You should probably expect the same.
>>
>>37380687
She's my bae
>>
>>37380050
>50% of my party at a time being former champions
Just breed the Champions
>>
>>37380922
*with each other
>>
>fucking around in the Underground to try and get a fossil

Fuck this RNG I probably won't even use Shieldon anyway. This is to counteract Jupiter's Skuntank deciding not to attack me and double crits against Gardenia, isn't it?
>>
File: 13837289163.jpg (32 KB, 500x387)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>scyther hit four fury cutter crits despite being two times smokescreen'ed and kill both ekans and quilava

i'm done
i'm fucking done with Silver
this fucking rom got something wrong with it, it keeps fucking me over with these bullshit crits every single time

say it aint so nuzgen
>>
File: 1534926875993.png (398 KB, 3000x5000)
398 KB
398 KB PNG
>>37371389
Aw shit we got another dank ass comic for you right here. In this episode we barely move from one area to another. Did i catch the onix? Find out next comic. That's how lazy writing works.

>>37377070
love you too
>>37371389
yeah at this point there's no more encounters left that can learn rock smash i believe.. but we'll see.
>>
File: nuzlocke-white-1.png (381 KB, 1320x870)
381 KB
381 KB PNG
I just started a Nuzlocke of White. It's been years since I last played White, I want to see if it is still one of my favorites.
First time nuzlocking it. I'm currently making my way through route 2.
>>
File: Chuuuuu.png (8 KB, 469x377)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
>>37381102
This is great; I love the ceiling of Zubats

Also - time for Yellow.
>>
>>37381102
God I'm loving your comics
>>37380813
Yeah I know they are the worst but I'm having a lot of fun with Leech Seed and Wrap Servine thanks to gen 1 mechanics, plus i just realized after picking the plume fossil that since there are no abilities Archeops should be OP.
>>
>>37381027
>2 times smokescreen
Nigga, why would you waste 2 turns like that? Just fucking kill the Scyther IMMEDIATELY
>>
>>37381400
ember wasnt doing enough damage so i was hoping to break the fury cutter chain

it was the last pokemon i had after he bullshit killed ekans with crits so if it didnt get a miss i was already dead anyway
>>
>>37357058
Question, are Ultra Sun/Moon's encounters changed at all from sun moon? If I run a nuz through, will I be getting pretty much the same thing as SM?
>>
>>37381472
>are Ultra Sun/Moon's encounters changed at all from sun moon
yes, slightly

the encounter table is varied enough that it wont be the same thing, just ignore the static encounters (first pikipek - first makuhita - first spearow)
>>
>>37381406
>Ember wasn't doing enough damage
Did you equip the Charcoal?
>>
File: PlatinumNuzlocke.png (593 KB, 1280x776)
593 KB
593 KB PNG
>>37380327
ALRIGHT
The background color match the color of my boxes in my template, so it looks a little weird, but whatever.
Went ahead and played all the way up to Roark.
You can see the squad here, I also caught Roisin and put him in the Box for now.

Gonna pick up tomorrow. Night /nuz/!
>>
File: Gen LeafGreen3.png (108 KB, 1188x586)
108 KB
108 KB PNG
>>37380622
I'll call it a night at the half-way point. I'll probably finish up tomorrow and get on to Emerald asap

>>37380846
I tried this same thing a few months ago. I made it to Platinum with a Bulbasaur and Zubat that survived through FireRed and Emerald. I think they both ended up dying pretty early though iirc, I had to drop that run because of time constraints though.
I think it's pretty fun keeping the 'family' lines alive and seeing how far they can make it. But I can see why it wouldn't be to everyone's tastes.

>>37380792
>>37381223
I'm curious what it looks like in-game. Does it have sprites of the unovamons in the old Genwun style? Sounds pretty cool.
>>
File: nuzlocke-white-3.png (290 KB, 1320x870)
290 KB
290 KB PNG
>>37381119
Holy fuck things went horribly wrong already.
I forgot how high leveled the first gym Pokémon were and walked in with a bunch of Level 11s.

Chili's Lillipup managed to hit two consecutive Critical Hit Bites that took my Lillipup. Then my Snivy whittered its HP a bit (and made Chili use his potion) but was also killed by a Critical Hit Bite that took 3/4 of its HP.
Then somehow Patricia the Patrat with a terrible Nature managed to pull through and beat Lillipup with Bide. Came out almost dead though.
Then Panpour took care of the fire monkey without much issue, even after three Work Ups Incinerate didn't do shit.
Had I not decided to allow gift Pokémon I would have wiped right there.

Fuck I'm almost guaranteed to wipe at the second gym now. Even if I do huge amounts of grinding I don't think I'll have much to work with.
>>
File: rip.png (57 KB, 319x167)
57 KB
57 KB PNG
>>37381840
Oh, downloading the image cut out the rest of the cause of death line even when the web viewing shows it normally.
>>
After procrastinating a lot for some unknown reason I beat Falkner and I'm on the road to thrash some Team Rocket dorks, Bugsy, and my rival Meat.

>The Team
(Note: The names were done on a random name generator, except for Wooper)
-Dikla (Cyndaquil ) Lv. 12
-Cecilia (Spinarak) Lv. 11
-Hyram (Zubat ) Lv. 11
-Emerentius (Gastly ) Lv. 11
-Akiva (Mareep ) Lv. 12
-Hank (Wooper ) Lv. 11

Wooper is named after Hank from Madness Combat to celebrate the release of MC 11
>>
File: Vs Clair Update.png (394 KB, 1246x1103)
394 KB
394 KB PNG
Ran into a Teddiursa at Route 45 with my Jynx only one level away from Mean Look, and Lovely Kiss missed.
The darn thing ran off on me.

On the other hand, I kinda blew through Clair.
>Dragonair
Sierra(Jynx) punched it out with a single Ice Punch.
>Kingdra
Lovely Kissed it with Sierra, then sent in Tiana(Politoed) to Perish Song. Kingdra woke up the same turn as she sang, and used Smokescreen. After this I just sent in Littlefoot(Meganium) to tank Kingdra to death... but Kingdra wasn't interesting in attacking it seems, because it just kept Smokescreening until it died, allowing me to set up Reflect.
>Dragonair
Switched in Sierra again, taking an Ice Beam on the way in. Ice Punch then cleaned up.
>Dragonair.
Ice Punch kill again.
>>
>>37381840
ouch, that hurts
there are a few catches between you and the next gym though. You might be able to nab a Roggenrola or a fighting type if you're lucky.
>>
>>37381959
now i feel bad for wiping three times in silver (before whitney even!) while you only had two mons dying

i just get screwed by pokemon avaliability and caps. how did you even beat falkner below lvl9 with chikorita?
>>
>>37381990
It was a long time ago, I've been going really slow.
I did find it:
>Just took on Falkner.
>Sent out Hayabusa and used 6 Sand Attacks on Pidgey, then switched in Ville and set up 6 Defense Curls. After that, Ville slowly tackled Pidgey to death.
>After that, Ville put a lot of damage onto Pidgeotto, but eventually took enough damage I felt I needed to swap it out, so I sent in Mr. Arrow, who finished Pidgeotto off before repeated Mud-Slaps could screw him up.

So mostly Sentret with some key support from Geodude.
>>
>>37382359
oh, missed the geodude on your box. yeah, its easier to beat him with it. im having to beat him with cyndaquil and sentret mostly
>>
File: YELLOW update 1.png (990 KB, 1259x628)
990 KB
990 KB PNG
Brock is down in my yellowlocke thanks to double kick. It would have been a hard, not very effective, slog without it.

I've killed so many potential catches due to crits but, thankfully Mt Moons encounter rate is really low and I got to BF2 before a clefairy finally appeared. I just can't afford for anything to die in the immediate future.

Yellow sprites are great; the sudden pallette swaps on area changes are not.
>>
>>37381990
>before whitney even!
You just fucking suck
>>
>>37382903
y-you suck
>>
>got Bronzor
>Levitate
>but I used it last time and I'm using Chingling for the lols
>also got an Adamant Shieldon but I don't know if I want to use it since I might give Rock Tomb to my No Guard Machop instead
>running 5 slots but also really want a Water type as I don't have a good one yet

Fucking choice anxiety man, didn't expect to get this in Pearl of all games.
>>
File: Silver Nuzlocke Start.png (1.36 MB, 1950x1110)
1.36 MB
1.36 MB PNG
Gold Run is Done! Grinding in Kanto seemed like a pain until I realized that you could replay the Elite 4. Once again, Akiva the Golem was the MVP. Magcargo was very fun too, but Gen 2 has a real problem with the new gen 2 pokemon being in Kanto. Houndour, larvitar, murkcrow, slugma, and on and on. Gets especially annoying in an autismlocke.

Anyway, onward to Silver and its ridiculously better sprites!
>>
>>37384210
>Gen 2 has a real problem with the new gen 2 pokemon being in Kanto. Houndour, larvitar, murkcrow, slugma, and on and on. Gets especially annoying in an autismlocke.
thats why i put the rule to transfer box pokemon to the next games, kinda

got a larvitar and a slugma in my box that i would never have used otherwise. almost got a skarmory as well but it was the second encounter near blackthorn, ah well

its nice to have late game stuff avaliable as an option for you in other games. it also helps fill routes with no capture option when you get later in the autismlocke and 30% of the pokemon are retired
>>
>>37379253
Update: Just about to do totem Lurantis
>>37379275
what
>>37379292
said
>>
File: pedizzler and co.png (211 KB, 902x536)
211 KB
211 KB PNG
>>37384401
My dumbass forgot my image, here we go
>>
>>37384401
SM Misty is a disgusting bitch and everyone in your family should burn for your sin of posting her picture

Burn. Burn!
>>
File: 1545345582923.png (480 KB, 3000x6000)
480 KB
480 KB PNG
>>37381102
The cave adventure continues. And yes, i used all of my balls on onix but he just wouldn't get caught. Killed it before it got a crit on me or something stupid like that.
And so, Roark is next.

>>37381223
>>37381200
Thanks!
>>
Swirly was just gunned down so having to rebuild and grind a bit.

Misty has been a surprising bro this attempt. Also, Adamant Kirlia because >platinum

Playing on handheld is kinda tedious but much more emotional
>>
File: nuzlocke-white-4.png (364 KB, 1320x870)
364 KB
364 KB PNG
Slowly recovering from the loss of my starter. I'm grinding in the outskirts of Pinwheel forest now, these six are what I'll have to work with in Lenora's gym.
>>
>>37381645
Yeah the sprites are pretty awful but still funny.
Update
Lost Servine thanx to RNG gods, still don't know who'll be my sixth member. The bag is way too little and i hate this generation and the stupid HMs
>>
>>37381959
Nice lookong team. 2 questions though.

How is nightmare treating you?

Also how about perish song? Do you use it regularly or more for extra difficult enemies?
>>
>>37385044
>How is nightmare treating you?
Mostly been using it for things like Jynx mirror matching. It's not the greatest thing ever but can help now and then, since Jynx movepool is really limited until Kanto.
>Also how about perish song? Do you use it regularly or more for extra difficult enemies?
I use it for either spreading Exp around(set up PS, wait, swap in the mon I need to level) or for particularly worrysome opponents.
>>
Tomorrow is the start of the School Semester for me so I’ve been trying to sprint through Silver as quick as I can before that began. Finished up though Cianwood and prepping for Olivine.

Highlights (and lowlights) of the run so far
>Getting Dunsparce on my next to last pokeball. His Glare really helped carry me through the early game, though he killed Ledyba when I got him.
>Whole team except Quilava got wiped by Whitney’s bullshit ass fucking Miltank. It was paralyzed and had 2 smokescreens on it, but that is why Gamefreak invented STOMP right?
>Began to rebuild starting with Gastly and just dropped the cash for an abra in Goldenrod. That means I can’t get the eevee from Bill now though since I count gift and prize pokemon as the encounter for an area.
>Bulma and Vesuvius carry me through Morty pretty easily.
>Got Megara in bug contest since I had caught or used everything else except it and Scyther. I called it Megara since she is a bitch who didn’t even get me in the top 3. I lost to TWO butterfrees!
>BTW, my whole team is Vesuvius’s harem since he is the only male.
>Violet still has teleport because gotta go fast. She still was on cruise control on the way to and through the Cianwood City gym

Not super hyped for the hoot hoot. Probably gonna just keep it on the back burner right now as far as leveling up goes and see if I catch something nicer. And it has to be a girl so Quilava can erupt on her too
>>
>>37385353
>School

moooooods
>>
>>37385405
Masters degree dude
>>
File: Gen LeafGreen4.png (11 KB, 240x160)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
>>37381645
Just typed out a whole thing then accidentally closed the tab so here's the tldr
>Rushed into E4 massively underlevelled because fuck kantooo
>All was well until Lance started critting me out the ass
>Only Alakazam, Ninetales and Magneton survived to Gary
>Spent half the match just switching to take hits and doing what small damage where I could between heals
>After Magneton died I basically just had to stall with confuse/burn damage
>Only Purple (Alakazam) and White (Ninetales) made it to the Hall of Fame

Not the most interesting champions to take to Hoenn since they're both available in that region anyway, but they're useful at least.
>>
>caught a Barboach

I have Grotle, but man having two Grounds types seems like it'll be fun. Between Barboach, Chingling, and Vespiquen, I'm using some right random shit and I love it. Just need Chingling to evolve now since he's pretty shit, though I've just discovered he has a pretty strong Hidden Power Ground.
>>
NOOOOOO HE WAS ONE LEVEL FROM FLAME WHEEL

Vesuvious is dead. Got through 7 gyms but some Rocket with a pair of critical hyper fangs killed him. I feel so lost. I have a couple encounters I have not used, the islands where Lugia is, and sprout tower. But I am trying to not use so many kanto pokemon since I have to save them for FRLG. Don't think there are any fire types that can replace him. A sudowoodo with fire punch is probably not going to cut it. Any thoughts?
>>
>>37386150
Maybe I could use Tauros and just save a ton of money for Fire Blast?
>>
File: emerald phone nuzlocke.png (140 KB, 1112x1080)
140 KB
140 KB PNG
Got an emulator on my phone, gonna nuzlocke Emerald in my spare hours

Wish me luck bois
>>
>>37386150
RIP lil' dude, mayhaps my Cyndaquil will push on and survive.
>>37386160
That may be your only option there.
Perhaps the combined efforts of Sudowoodo and Tauros may suffice.
>>
>>37386392
Good luck and remember to save properly!
>>
Need a nickname theme for Emerald lads
>>
>>37386562
The names done like that DooD picture
Sorta like this: PikakiP or TreekeerT
>>
>>37386562

music terminology
>>
YO I JUST GOT A FUCKIN' SLOWPOKE

Should I replace him with any of my team members?
My team is Cyndaquil, Zubat, Mareep, Spinarak, Wooper, and Geodude.

In the box I got a Gastly and Hoppip.
>>
>>37386756
drop wooper, too common in these runs, same with geodude for Ghastly
>>
File: Gen Emerald1.png (85 KB, 1320x572)
85 KB
85 KB PNG
>>37385735
Here we go again. Once I get the EXP share soon I can get Abra levelled up, then he can smash through Brawly for me.
Might actually give Shedninja a go too for once.

>>37386392
Good luck fellow Treeckbro

>>37386631
kek so I went with this one because I thought it sounded funny
Then something evolved. Now I see the obvious flaw in this system
>>
>>37386771
Sounds like a plan.
At least I got some fine folks and another tanky Water type to fall back on if shit goes tits up
>>
All I have left on team is swampart 46 and raichu 43. Lost kadabra and slaking at psychic gym, mostly shitty mons in the lobby (adamant castform, bold shuppet, lonely gloom etc) Basically raichu and swampert are my only 2 viable mons left. Is there many good mons to put on the team? Its almost all water routes left far as I know... Kinda need a grass and ground resist to atleast make decent synergy with the my duo.
>>
Been running emerald, and it’s been pretty great. My team is fucking great and I also have mons in the pc who are great too, like a manectric and dustox to name a few. Just wiped the electric gym with Quint the breloom, absolute beast. Bulk up spam with leech seed is truly god tier. Once I was done grinding his stats and literally stealing Watson’s potions by just using leech seed on a manectric who would do 1 damage with quick attack, I one shotted everyone. Absolute ACE.
>>
Ayo my Slowpoke wants to learn Confusion.
What move should I replace it with?

He knows Curse, Tackle, Yawn, and Water Gun.
>>
>>37387417
tackle
>>
>>37387417
Drop Tackle, then Curse unless for whatever reason you want to run a physical set
That's probably only viable after the Phys/Spec split though so you can still use some Physical STAB moves. idk which game you're playing
>>
>>37387554
I already got rid of Yawn accidentally
I'm a fucking dork.

Oh and I'm playing Heartgold, not that that makes the situation any better.
>>
File: Polished Crystal-6.png (2 KB, 160x144)
2 KB
2 KB PNG
>>37357823
>>37359483
Just to update everyone on this run who might be interested.

The run got boring because all the exp gets funneled to the N mons that I know I'm going to keep, and the others I catch on the way become fodder. There is no real surprises, and the mons I keep get over leveled. Level caps become hard to implement since you rely only on a few mons anyway.

This is where the run is so far, about to face the Cyanwood gym and I know it will be easy so why try.

I think N Nuzlock Option A, is possibly the better way to do challenge. I might pick this idea up at another time.
>>
File: TrainerCard.png (18 KB, 245x171)
18 KB
18 KB PNG
Post-Surge Update. Was away from it for a couple days, but we're back in it for another hour or so.

First off, Beedrill was on the bench this match because he's level 25, so 1 above Surge's Raichu and that's gay.
Shea was the undisputed MVP this round. Throwing out hard Body Slams on his Voltorb and Pikachu, one-shotting the latter and paralyzing the former.
Raichu got a crit thundershock off, nearly killing her as she put it to sleep.

After that all Andrew the Nidorino needed to do was slam that fuckin Horn Attack button because it slept 5 turns in a row.

Current team:

Smiles - Ivysaur - Level 21
Andrew - Nidorino - Level 22
Shea - Jigglypuff - Level 23
Espec - Beedrill - Level 25
Lum - Kadabra - Level 21
Dusty - Pikachu - Level 22

still debating who to use my current Moonstone on. Jiggly isn't going to learn anything good if I wait, and Nidorino learns thrash right as I evolve him with nothing good coming up either.
>>
I've just returned from a stroll through the archives, reliving the Golden Age of Ramdomizer Nuzlockes that ran from roughly 2012 until the beginning of 2016. Some absolute classic runs there, relived some glorious laughs and some crushing losses.

Will /vp/ ever be able to return to a place where a silly randomizer Nuzlocke can get the whole board together? I ran a few myself back in the day and the jokes that emerged from the stupid nicknames and the rampant causalities were absolutely killer. I'd love to do the same again but it seems like these days people only want to argue and spew memes.
>>
>>37388044
What were some of the runs anon? Are the runs themselves archived in an easy to read way?
>>
File: lugiahmm.png (96 KB, 600x600)
96 KB
96 KB PNG
>>37388164
The supreme classic was Batemon, he made a ton of gold.
Then there was a Batemon impersonator for a while who did a good job.
DICKS with his Blaze Black 2 run featuring Asscheese and gratuitous Carlos. DICKS was around for years, probably not all the same DICKS but people did nuzlockes under DICKS all the time with that image of Carlos the Torterra.
I'm sure TheJollyFlyingMan did some but I can't remember which games, Platinum I think
CASH's Trainwreck BlazeBlack was hilarious but you can't read the tabs anymore
And a ton more I'm forgetting, including a FireRed livestreamed one I remember was awesome.

Unfortunately, the vast majority of screenshots in the archive are too small to read, so a lot of the magic is lost in being unable to see the Pokémon themselves, but you can follow along on who gets named what and who dies and the memes and such at least.
>>
File: leafy clutch mode.png (76 KB, 1021x768)
76 KB
76 KB PNG
>>37388331
hi, dicks here. all those screenshot runs i did were pretty fun, glad to see people still remember those. this was probably one of my favorite screenshots to make because it gave people mini heart attacks thinking shrek died. i spend most of my nuz time on jollyflyingman's jollynuzcrew website, i'm hopefully about to wrap up a sinking sapphire nuz that i streamed alongside spongebob episodes and the movie, that should be done once i start streaming again. thanks for not forgetting about me.
>>
>>37388413
For sure, those were my favorite times on this board. Stream or no stream, you should take your next nuz to the streets of /vp/ and let chaos reign once again. I'd love nothing more than to see the re-institution of some good old fashioned "/vp/ decides" nuzlocke threads.
>>
Bump

>>37388331
TheJollyFlyingMan was streaming a hack in here a few weeks ago. Sat chatting with him on stream for a bit but there weren't too many viewers - since he had to spoiler the link - because of the no advertising rule.
>>
>accidentally OHKOed my obligatory Unown encounter in Solaceon Ruins

MMMMWATCHASAAAAY
>>
has anyone had any luck with nuzlocking renegade platinum? any tips?
>>
>>37387322
>tfw those level are what your pokemon are at right now after beating Team Magma boss at the volcano and just about to do the fourth gym battle.
Minimal grinding run though. Trying to avoid trainers and battles. Randomised run too so some trainers wipe me out a lot.
With no items except what I can find, I'm constantly experiencing "oh shit!" moments where something comes up I struggle to deal with. Usually a legendary or pseudo-legendary with a late game move and buffed stats or some gimmick move you'd never see in normal play. I burn through berries. I have to run back a lot to heal up which risks me running into trainers I just dodged.
I got my team pretty much finalised though:
>Wobuffet (with actual fighting moves)
>Wartortle
>Numel
>Breloom
>Dragonite
>Electrike
I think Breloom is just an awesome MVP in third gen overall.
>>
>>37389464
>I think Breloom is just awesome

I wish i could see it

All my shroomishes always die before evolving
>>
>>37389472
My shroomish had stun spore, leech seed, muddy water and secret power. leech seed and stun spore has been a real blessing. I usually switch him out and then I can finish the other mon with something that can now out speed or tank it. I used heart scales to teach my Breloom Triple Kick and Leaf Blade so now it can do some stab damage.
>>
File: nuzzy_current.jpg (159 KB, 1005x1000)
159 KB
159 KB JPG
>>37384466

well gents our fearless leader Lyle has suffered an untimely death - he was a true bro and really carried the team through some rough times

my rival's Empoleon did him in with a crit Bubblebeam... Lyle barely survived toxic spikes and Heracross with 5hp.. too close for comfort... Plat has some great catches early on but you have to keep them alive until the end.. RIP Lyle

Byron went smooth as expected. Without Lyle I'm fearful of Honchkrow and Empoleon so we've added Dan the Machop and Braj the Geodude to the roster.

I'll give an update after we defeat Candice in Snowpoint...
>>
>>37389472
I never even get it. I usually get a Wurmple or early common thing I've not yet got, or Slakoth twice. The only time I ever got Shroomish I never even used it since I started with Treecko.
>>
>>37389749
and by Lyle I mean Todd the Luxray.
>>
New thread: >>37390059

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.