[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vmg/ - Video Games/Mobile

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 76 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

Tressa still best girl

iOS: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/octopath-traveler-cotc/id1597675715
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.square_enix.android_googleplay.octopathw&hl=en_US&gl=US

Useful stuff:
Jp wiki: https://game8.jp/octopathtraveler-sp

Character info: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oAKR3NWK8vb7BDQd0Insjm2JJo_hfmx8I4rOl9-7sPI/edit#gid=1878827387

Recruitable npcs: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vwcnklKUmigyJzPcaClQatFQkiwVJz-ypbf2MVYrSHA/edit#gid=0

Guides: https://meowdb.com/db/octopath-traveler-cotc/
>>
>>990771
Oh my god I forgot to mention this is Octopath Traveler Champions of the Continent in the title
I can't even delete this post to try again because Tressa is apparently too cute for 4chan to delete
>>
>>990777
Lucky 7s, you lucked out because anyone who searches "octopath" will still find this thread because you mentioned it in your OP post.

Dumbass jannies were too cranking from dilating and deleted our thread. The only semi-logical reason I can think of is Octopath II was announced today so maybe they saw the thread for the mobile game and thought it was OTII, figured it belonged on /v/, and cried to the mods.

For future reference, don't put a bunch of links in the OP like that. Makes the thread look like a general, which is forbidden on /vmg/ despite almost every /vmg/ thread in the catalog being a general of some sort.
>>
>>990797
How you even supposed to use this board without continuous discussion of existing titles? Titles which receive monthly or even weekly content updates? It makes zero fucking sense honestly.
>>
File: that's how it is.png (90 KB, 540x540)
90 KB
90 KB PNG
>>990814
It's retarded and nonsensical, but that's just how it is here.
>>
File: 1630190130861.png (90 KB, 674x717)
90 KB
90 KB PNG
>>990814
Obviously hiroshimoot made /vmg/ for static games made 10 years ago like Cardinal Quest 2, ports of Dragon Quest games and defunct games Chain Chronicles or Mobius FF. Any game that updates, causing continuous discussion, is simply bad for the board.
>>
Pardis is dead! God this game is incredible, such great voice acting and story. The credits sequence was even better than this time around than the first one, it was cool to see them add some extra little scenes near the end during the scroll like what Rinyu's been up to and Mikhail studying in Atlasdam under Cyrus holy shit. Says there's still a Final Chapter for me to do, how many more chapters until I'm caught up to the current story on global?
>>
>tfw Tressa can now tank Tikilen’s strongest move without dying
Nice
>>
File: 1636407835155.gif (905 KB, 220x220)
905 KB
905 KB GIF
>>990863
"Final" Chapter, all 3 Bestower Prolouges and Chapter 1 of Bestower of Wealth. Although we're going to get Chapter 1 of Power with tomorrow's maintenance (according to the roadmap at least), so you've got a total of 6 chapters until you're all caught up.
This is also when the real grind begins
>>
>>990973
Real grind?
>>
>>990973
Nice. In true slowest of slowpokes fashion, I might get caught up sometime next week. I hope I don't need a full squad of level 80s to do the most recent chapters coming out though, as my two 4 stars on the main team are quickly running out of silver guidestones and 4.5* Sophia isn't too far off from that too.
>>
So the maintenance says "new travelers" are coming
Was anyone else added with the useless sword mage in JP?
>>
>>991119
the pace so far has been 1 new traveler at a time, possibly with a banner on one or more existing travelers
>>
how do you guys level farm? my units are needing 1m+ per level
these 3-4k per battle isnt gonna cut it
>>
>>991146
nuts 'n hunts
>>
>>991164
how do i get those supreme nuts?
>>
>>991172
You don't. Technically the nut farm has a very small chance to give a large supreme nut but that's not reliable
Your best bet if you really want to grind levels asap is to just fight constantly in endgame areas and hope for cait spawns to stick around long enough for you to kill them.
Eventually guidestones will become the big roadblock rather than experience.
>>
>>991195
Of course as soon as I post that I get a large supreme nut from the nut farm. Sure.
>>
>>991201
I got two on the same day last week, felt bretty gud.
>>
I have a couple questions

-are tournaments rewards a one time thing or do they refresh/have a limit?
-What's the point of that museum and are there rewards if we encounter all enemies for it? went one time and never returned
-What do we do with the sheep resources?
-If we fully equip our team(of 8) with their desired armor and weapon is there any point of killing the daily end game elites?
-Are 20 rubies worth a daily second hunt?
>>
>>991671
-The 5* traveler reward and her guidestones and exclusive accessory are all one time things. The only thing that refreshes is the 5 tasty nuts from the exchange
-If you have enough elites killed, a super elite will spawn in the middle, killing it gives you legendary ashes that will be eventually be used to upgrade stamp weapons. They're rather meh, I think. However, we'll eventually get Flamesgrace and Victors Hollow elites, which will basically double our weapon refinement maya income
-Trade them for memory shards
-Since arena requires different teams with overlapping weapons, extra weapon copies, probably
-No
>>
>>991677
Mats* lel embarrassing type
>>
>my 4th fucking scarecrow
I DON'T FUCKING WANT HIM!!
>>
Did the entire stepup
I didn’t get the Viola dupe I wanted but did get a Fiore dupe, a Sofia dupe, my first Gilderoy, and somehow two Tressa
So I’m 100% content, and now the best merchant has her last skill slot available and absurd amounts of HP to tank with
Tressa bias is real and I love it
>>
File: Spoiler Image (1.03 MB, 2208x604)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB JPG
>>991738
Update: I am out of rubies
oh god I’m unironically in love with Tressa
>>
File: 1657289074150.jpg (48 KB, 365x444)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
Any clues as to who will be the next Dark character? There was already a decent roster for Wind and Lightning. And now there is for Light. I missed Primrose, so only Heinz (and Millard) can deal more than 10k+ damage to BT-axeman which makes farming his stuff the most tedious. There is also a lack of Fire characters, but not as severe.
>>
>>991899
Looking at the character index, there's a 4* dancer called Paula with AoE dark res down and nukes. She looks good, but don't know when she'll be out.
>>
What did we get this maintenance anyways?
>>991792
>pulling for a dupe when not even on a banner
You are a madman and I salute you
>>
>>991917
Eliza, Viola/Gilderoy step-up.
>>
>>991917
I felt like taking the shot since I had gotten two copies in the step up and wanted that accessory for her
I also got three Viola dupes so shes also fully awakened and I have two stones to gather dust with, a Sofia + Millard dupe, three Gilderoy dupes so he’s awakening level 3 now and still level 1, and apparently at one point I pulled on the wrong banner by accident and got a 4* Eliza? I guess I can use her to push Tressa’s Trade Typhoon damage higher with her passive?

By the way Viola’s accessory kind of sucks, whoops
>>
Just started this yesterday, pleased to find it’s more JRPG, less gacha than expected.

Question about rolling: It looks like step up banners are the ones to wait for, after 1,200 rubies you get a guaranteed 5*? How common are these? If I got Viola on my tutorial roll, should I try the current Viola/Gilderoy banner or just wait for the next one?
>>
>>991924
Decently common. As a heads up, the guaranteed 5* is only a guaranteed 5*. It’s not guaranteed to be one of the units on the banner.
Your choice if you want to try for Gilderoy or a Viola dupe, but I’d rather just save
>>
I've got 3300 rubies, still waiting for Cyrus. Really wish they'd be quicker to add people to the permanent pool. Fug, I think I gotta go for that first step even though I already have Viola. I don't have Gilderoy, Theo or Millard and Sophia's stuck at 4.5*. Still, I'm only missing five 4 stars and five 3 stars, chances of getting something new is very low. Pulling feels so bad to me in this game when resources are so incredibly scarce, but if I do the discount first step on enough banners, maybe I'll get lucky like so many others I keep seeing whenever a step up appears.
>>
>>991714
HE GROWS EVER STRONGER!
>ARROW'D
>>
Yes, a 5 star! Probably the worst I could get as this stone won't be useful until we get those special skills and any of the others would've either been someone new or a nice buff to one of my existing 5 stars, but 150 for any five star is a fantastic deal! Trish is the only 4* warrior I was missing and Laura was the 4* that I most wanted to get out of the few I'm still missing so this is even more of a win. Free class up for a cutie like Rita's icing on the cake. If anyone else pulls, I hope you get good luck like this too!
>>
>>991926
Cool, I’m fine with waiting for the next one.

Also, do those special enemies (like the one I need to kill for the nameless town quest) respawn at reset, or a set time after I first kill them?
>>
>>992056
Elite enemies (ones you see on the map) respawn 20 hours after you kill them. Ideally you do a little circuit for a few minutes each day to kill the ones you want to farm so they all end up syncing up their spawn timers. Most of the things that reset daily use this same type of timer.
>>
i am on the last chapter on master of all, in the castle, i have 5 chests missing are they in the castle or do they appear after i beat the boss?
>>
>>992115
Castle gets glassed when you kill the boss. You have to get the chests and kill 100 mobs before you kill Pardis III. All the chests are there, some are hidden behind the Power, Wealth and Fame soldiers that kicked your ass at the execution.
>>
>>992115
Past the hp/sp recovery flame is the point of no return, you can find and do everything in the castle before you approach the flame. Not all the treasures are in actual chests, some appear as little blue collection points, specifically in the princess' room and the castle treasury. These blue collection points count toward the 18 chests listed for the location on the world map.
>>
any of you guys use the stamp weapons for farming?
>>
>>992225
Nah, I blew past them in stats ages ago
>>
>>991924
>>991926
>It’s not guaranteed to be one of the units on the banner
Keep in mind tho, chances are high that we'll start seeing different step-ups from now on, since the launch pool is already exhausted, we could actually get our first guaranteed featured traveler(s)
>>
>>992231
i meant for cait farming since it gave you a chance at an extra BP at the start
>>
File: 1631580733794.jpg (2.33 MB, 1150x1500)
2.33 MB
2.33 MB JPG
Man I'm going to have fun the next time a wind weak boss shows up

Just managed to hit the most annoying unique in the game (the ice lizard that opens with AoE poison + sleep and has one real weakness because axes and dark don't exist) for about 5.4k with fully boosted Trade Typhoon from Tressa *without it being broken or being weak to wind*. That was fun.

Wait, does Eliza's passive work with Sofia? If so, oh my god that's just mean
>>
Alright bros, so I'm guessing that El or whatever she's called is the princess and the traveler Charles is the Prince of River.
Tell me how wrong I am, it was the first thing that came to my mind when they were both introduced.
>>
>>992387
continue to play and find out ;)
>>
>>992317
>spoiler
Yeah, Sofia's passive gives her 30% passive ice damage and Eliza's passive gives her 20% passive magic damage, they stack. Then all ya do is swap rows with Lynette to trigger her passive and give Sophia +10% passive magic damage to reach the 30% cap on passive magic damage.
>>
Is this game any good if I liked the gameplay in Octopath? Is it just pure suffering if you're F2P and a snoozefest if you pull the strongest characters? How's the story?
>>
>>993123
>Is this game any good if I liked the gameplay in Octopath?
Yes. In fact I think this one's got the better gameplay except for not being able to use items
>Is it just pure suffering if you're F2P and a snoozefest if you pull the strongest characters?
No to both.
>How's the story?
Far better than the main game
>>
>>993165
Cool, I'll give it a try
Any advice you'd give in terms of what to roll on or certain items I shouldn't waste or whatever?
>>
>>992088
Actually, mighty elites respawn after 10h, and menacing after 20h (or the other way around, I don't remember which adjective is stronger)
>>
Pulled Viola in 20 draws. Immediately defeated BT axe npc soon after.

This is some bs how strong of a debuffer she is. Do I even need awakening on her?
>>
>>993444
>Do I even need awakening on her?
You don't NEED to awaken her, but of course her second awakening (the fourth ability slot) is really valuable, since it allows you to carry Anti-antack and Debilitate at all times, while keeping her dagger and fire attacks
>>
>>993811
I'd hardly call the second slot really valuable for Viola as the benefit is really kind of negligible because her fire damage is always going to be underwhelming at best and she already has a 2-hit aoe shield break for all her breaking needs. The only situation where her A2 really seems useful would be something like the Tikilen fight where the boss is weak to dagger, has allies and its attacks are strong enough to warrant the use of Anti-attack, in which case she'd appreciate carrying both her debuffs along with Triple Dagger and Double Wide Burst. Even then though, she'd probably get by just fine without 4 skill slots because her main purpose is aoe shield breaking and debuffing anyway and whatever else she brings is just gravy.
>>
>>993855
I've also been thinking about this, outside of the first and final awakening , nothing really seems that strong.
If you know what fight you're going to do, you're unlikely to use more than two abilities. The third (and fourth) is only really needed when you're going into new territory for the first time and don't know what the fuck things are weak to.
But as I'm also a newfag, I'm not certain how this develops in the JP version.

Btw, does anyone know how damage calculations work? I feel like my Fiore is going far more damage than she should compared to my other characters.
>>
>>993811
>>993885
Awakenings are a luxury in general, and you’ll find even the big shiny A4 accessories aren’t going to see as much use as you’d think at times.
For an example, Viola’s A4 accessory gives a significant boost to DEF and EDEF, a massive boost to SP (60!), and +15% damage from daggers alongside a bit of ice resistance.
In practice though, Viola’s damage output isn’t anywhere near as important as her debuffing abilities, and in situations where you’d want the extra SP, odds are you’ll be better off with a dragon scarf instead. Even the most basic of those is equivalent in terms of SP to the accessory after 10 turns, so for very prolonged fights like Tikilen its arguably not even worth using on her. It’s not useless but it’s not “always use when applicable” like you’d think it is
meanwhile Tressa’s accessory is a 15% damage boost to spears and wind, while also boosting both offensive stats and increasing HP by 600. That’s very likely to be useful on a tank or anyone “frail” even if the offensive aspects aren’t useful for a particular fight (and that assumes you have accessories that are giving a bigger benefit than +40 ATK or EATK). Basically it depends pretty heavily although even the “worst” of them are incredibly good.

Fiore hits like a freight train because she gets extra damage at full HP, gets extra ATK for the first three turns (which you can extend by swapping Linette in and out while also making that boost stronger), having the highest physical attack in the game, having a move that hits 400 potency at max boost that also applies a DEF debuff, and being in the class with access to the highest physical attack weapons.
>>
>>993935
>Even the most basic of those is equivalent in terms of SP to the accessory after 10 turns
That's only assuming the unit is always in the front row as +60 max SP also translates to 6 backrow SP regen which is equivalent to Dragon Scarf 1. None of that actually changes anything else you said though but just thought that would be worth mentioning.
>>
>>993943
Actually true
(I use it on her because my dragon scarves are on Scarecrow, Millard, and Tressa)
>>
I got spooked by a random Tressa on my first step up of the Viola banner, almost forgot how cute she was until I heard her voicelines again. I guess I love Tressa now
>>
>>994106
Enjoy the best merchant
>>
>>993935
I see, thanks for the rundown anon.
I wasn't planning on chasing dupes to begin with, but your info pretty much sealed the deal.

>Fiore
Ah, I see...
Sadly mine is only 4*, so she's unable to use her strongest skills as of now.
I did look them up, and they're kinda retarded and will probably cause me to bench my current physical debuffer once I do unlock them.
>>
>>994173
Yeah
t. Someone who literally spent ~4000 rubies chasing the last Tressa for A4 when she wasn’t even on a banner. I somehow succeeded but at a high cost.
Don’t do it.
Also I’d keep the physical debuffer around even after 5* Fiore since you can stack separate debuffs so Fiore can hit even harder

I can’t wait to use the Sofia + Eliza combo against a ice weak boss
I almost feel bad
>>
>>993855
>I'd hardly call the second slot really valuable for Viola as the benefit is really kind of negligible
It's a commodity for sure, but it can save you some precious SP and the time of swapping around abilities.
Of all the travelers available in global, I'd say she's the one that benefits the most from the ability slot.
>>
>>994187
Same anon, same
Apparently one of the upcoming arena champions is weak to ice
>>
Now that Octopath Traveler II has been announced, is there an increased chance of CotC entering EoS anytime soon?
>>
>>994256
If anything the odds would be lower
Need to sell the OT2 travelers after all for that cross promotion and profits! Hell, that’s probably why it even got a global release to begin with
>>
>>994273
Oh dear, Octopath 2 is going to be our first GL+JP simultaneous banner, isn't it? GL road map only goes up to Dec and that special event is going to be that Cait campaign, not BD or Nier collab. Feb 24th will be 30 ruby celebration gift and a 500 Ruby step-up for OTII, I guarantee it.
>>
>>994287
When is that special event?
>>
>>994273
Oh, so it should be guaranteed to stay up at least through March 2023, then?
Now, if only the global release was actually global, and not just US and Canada exclusive.
>>
>>994287
>and that special event is going to be that Cait campaign
I think we're getting closer and closer to our first limited/collab anyway, so far we haven't really got a true *must* pull traveler, other than Lynette/Viola (which everyone should already have, right?)
>>994256
Octopath 2 and CotC are entirely different experiences, the first one is more focused, with better graphics and whatnot, but it has an end, while CotC will keep getting new content.
>>
>>994346
>to stay up at least through March 2023, then?
Anon... there's already enough content made for years, we're almost 2 years behind JP
>>
>>994346
JP has just only finished the story of the first O.
>>
>>994349
Am I the only one who feels limited/collab stuff isn’t worth caring about
Can’t off-banner them for awakenings down the line
>>
>>994378
Generally, yes. Some anon once posted some long explanation why you should just focus on permanents. I'd still get one copy of A2 though, she seems like a very good breaker. Also, I heard you can exchange 3 awakening stones of the same character for 1 awakening stone of another later. The exchange rate is awful, but it's nice if you have excess awakening stones.
>>
>>994378
You should only care about limited stuff if you like the characters or their kits imo, for example Auguste looks super fun to use with his passion mechanic, but I don't give a fuck about Richard
>>
>>994384
Also, limited travelers are added to the limited pool every time a new one arrives, so CAN get them off-banner
>>
We're likely getting Cyrus in 2 weeks and probably the Nier collab in the latter half of October I'm guessing (it's a special event and Nier Automata Switch comes out then too).
>>
>>994499
How long after launch was Cyrus in Japan?
>>
>>994529
What banner order? We had Tressa at launch and JP took 3 months to get her. We've had units arrive NINE MONTHS ahead of schedule. They could release Ophelia next week and I wouldn't be that surprised.

The important thing is give them your money
>>
I'm f2p
Cydawg or A2?
>>
>>994623
A2 since she's a collab unit
You can get spooked by Cyrus.
>>
>>994382
>I heard you can exchange 3 awakening stones of the same character for 1 awakening stone of another later
Really, where from? I heard it was 6 to 1.
>>
File: IMG_4657.png (1.7 MB, 1334x750)
1.7 MB
1.7 MB PNG
>>994860
Awakening Stones Exchange
Exchanging Awakening Stone will give you 1000 fragments

The fragments can be exchange for:
1. Sacred Guidance (100 frags) (30 times per month)
2. Special mats (Gold) (40 frags) (100 times per month)
3. Special mats (Silver) (2 frags) (1000 times per month)
4. Gold Guidestones (2 frags) (2000 times per month)
5. Awakening Stones for any character (6000 frags) (once per month)
>>
>>994863
Oh yeah. It's 6 to 1, my bad.
>>
>>994241
Compared to Viola, I'd say Primrose appreciates it more and it's not even close since she's got two very high value buffs that are useful in just about any fight, but in dark weak fights she also wants both of her offensive skills both to maximize her own damage and the party's. Unlike with Viola who often will at most miss out on a marginal damage increase to her own unimpressive damage output without her A2, that 4th slot for Primrose will basically always represent additional party-wide support. either through improved damage, survivability or speed control.
>>
>>994871
TRUE, I didn't think of her, I normally go with chaotic blow, spell song and Verse III, but there are times where dark def down or a defense buff would have come in handy.
>>
>>994499
We're getting Z'aanta this next week and Cyrus the one after
source: it makes sense if you think about it
>>
Should I exchange my character-specific silver guidestones if I don't plan on immediately use them? I kinda want a gold seal
>>
File: Tikilen fight.jpg (342 KB, 1200x1080)
342 KB
342 KB JPG
I finally did it! It took 77 turns and hours of practice spread across days, but I did it! Goodness, that was one hell of a fight! I'm definitely waiting for more powercreep before farming her though.
>>
>>995057
Congrats!
I’m only 3 wins from the accessory so I’ll be able to actually make good use of her soon
apparently you can use historic material for things other than BT weapons, are those worth caring about or can I just pretend they don’t exist if I just grind for the 10% drops
>>
>>995060
What are the things?
>>
>>995068
I don’t know I can’t read Japanese
Apparently guidestones were some of them maybe?
>>
>>995057
I saw a tweet that worded her tourney is "still underway"
is she limited in that aspect
my guys are level 60 so I don't think I'd be able to do it in time
>>
>>995318
She isn't. That tweet's wording is probably just for flavor.
>>
>>995318
No, there’s no time pressure at all
You can do the tourney whenever you want
>>
>>993350
Neat, didn't know that! thanks bro
>>
>>994346
The only thing stopping CotC is whenever SE gets a bug in its bonnet and decides to pull the plug due to underperforming profits (which tbf happens a lot with their mobile games). Even then, due to contract renewals most games will usually last at least a year, so this should last at least til next July. With Octopath II breathing even more new life into the franchise, I expect this game to last multiple years at the very least.
>>
Location with highest Cait spawn rate?
>>
How long does it take to save up a single pity?
The only upcoming character I'm interested in for now is from a collab (Edea).
I assume it'll be a bit till she gets released, but as I'm rather neutral of most characters, I'm just going to save everything for her.
>>
>>995504
allegedly collab pity is 3k
normal is 6k
>>
is it me or the innocent weapons just not that good?
>>
>>995440
>whenever SE gets a bug in its bonnet
literally how?
>>
>>995760
idk mane, they seem to follow a strategy of releasing a fuckton of mobage instead of focusing on one, so a lot have gotten cut here and there over the years. I've tried or heard of almost all of them and they rarely officially state the reason for terminating their service. Usually it seems to correlate with severely underperforming profits, which is why some anons get autistically obsessed with weekly and monthly financial reports, but that's not a reliable way to predict as even games that make way, way less than their top earners can still survive for years longer than others expect.

tl;dr it might as well be random, enjoy the ride while it lasts and don't worry about the future.
>>
>>995792
a remember a decade ago when mobile gaming was bare and there weren't a lot companies investing it due to the sheer amount of shovelware seen.
>>
>>995727
Innocent weapons are meant for characters focusing on elemental attacks instead of physical attacks.
The problem is only 3 jobs have weapon types that are heavily inclined towards EATK over ATK (Scholar, Dancer, Cleric), but 5 that are much more inclined towards ATK over EATK
This is especially bad when it comes to warriors, since swords have absolute trashfire EATK. So of course we have *two* 5* warriors now (Tikilen and Eliza) that are heavily focused on EATK. Tikilen at least has her unique accessory to mostly compensate for the gap, but Eliza is just kind of screwed for a while.
>>
>get accessory for Tikilen
Now what?
Do we know what's coming next week?
>>
File: cj837c943hf91.jpg (192 KB, 1634x960)
192 KB
192 KB JPG
>>995865
We should be getting a new story chapter, expert hunts and more regions added to the tower.
>>
>>995501
The location with the highest recommended level spawns the fatter caits (if I'm not mistaken), that's all you need to know
>>
Nice
>>
>>996033
T-the chosen one
By the way, I meant to ask you guys, do you just use the boost berries? or save them? they way I see it getting a traveler to level 80 is more useful than from 91 to 92, but I don't know
>>
>>996134
I would definitely not use the berries until you're at least close to the 90s. Leveling from 79 to 80 is only about 1.6 million exp while going from 89 to 90 is twice that and level 99 to 100 is over 6 million exp.
>>
>>996140
Yeah like, I understand that are you'd be essentially wasting them, but getting to level +90 is way overkill for the content that we currently have, so the choice is between saving every single berry for 6 months in the future, hell, maybe even more, or to use them right now for you low 80s or something.
>>
>>995997
Thanks.
>Alpaca Farm
Based game.

Have a cute Tressa as thanks.
>>
>>996157
At that level a few days' worth of daily caits, nuts and hunt exp will get you those levels anyway though so I'd much rather save the berries for when they're worth 4-6x the exp of a supreme nut rather than giving about the same amount of exp. That'll be especially important further down the line when you inevitably pull a shiny new unit you want to use but an unawakened character in their low 60/70s just doesn't cut it for new content anymore and you want to get them up to speed quickly. Using your berries now doesn't really have any benefit beyond saving you a few days of daily exp or an hour or two of cait farming while saving them for later will give you substantially more.
>>
>>996165
>That'll be especially important further down the line when you inevitably pull a shiny new unit you want to use but an unawakened character in their low 60/70s just doesn't cut it for new content anymore
That's actually a really good point anon, keeping a few berries around can save you weeks of tortuous grind later down the line
>>
are we getting anymore 4 stars? or can i use these silver seals on randos?
>>
File: 8941965496.png (1.08 MB, 1340x603)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB PNG
>>995997
First sheep, now Alpaca's, what's with this game?

Btw, can I smash silver stones that I'm not planning to use?
I want my Hasumi and Lynette to reach 5* so I can stop using speed accessories on them.
>>
>>996380
>Btw, can I smash silver stones that I'm not planning to use?
If you need Hasumi and Lynette at 5* to reliably beat Tikilen, I'd say yes
Tho maybe save some Rodion, Shelby, Devin, Helga and Pia stones for the next tournament, just in case
>>
>>996396
I'm not at Tikilen yet, so I guess I'll wait till I get there.
Rodian, Shelby, Devin, Helga and Pia... Got it, I'll spare them if it does come to it.
>>
>>996396
What's the next tournament boss weak to anyways?
>>
>>996424
>Rodion, Shelby, Devin, Helga and Pia
hmmm i wonder......
>>
>>996441
You forgot Heinz in that list.
Also the boss has a phase that shuts off every weakness except dark, so I hope you have Heinz and Wingate or Primrose
>>
Has anyone defeated Tikilen without regen? or rather, without Theo and his 20% wind def Up on top of the regen? after some tries it just doesn't seem possible to me.
>>
>>996633
It's definitely possible if you have enough regular healers to work with and debuffs to use.
You'll get wrecked if her ultimate move goes off but that applies to any team since right now the best you can do is maybe have a tank eat all four hits with a provoke and die instead of the damage dealers (and that assumes they survive the first 3 hits)
>>
whats the best method to raise 4 stars? also how should i use hunts to get the most out of them?
>>
>>996680
Yeah, I start the fight with Viola using anti-attack on Tikilen, and then put some barriers with Millard and Primrose, the first few turns are doable, but eventually a "revenge" hit (when the adds recover from the break and get priority) kills one of my hunters, or all the fucking RANDOM hits from Tikilen land on the same character, and then the fight goes downhill fast.

Maybe I need more levels, or I should be more aggressive, idk. For healing I have Millard and Eliza, and for breaking Haanit and Scarecrow (plus Eliza as well) so I positively have a good enough team.
>>
>>997061
The counters are very simple to deal with. Whenever one of Tikilen's allies goes to the top of the turn order just don't attack them with physical attacks (unless it's the bottom one and Tikilen's shields are low enough to trigger her shield repair which always takes priority over anything else she does).
>>
>>997061
>>997087
Oh sorry I get what you mean now. Getting Tikilen's shields down to below 8 and keeping them there does really help there too as it takes out one of her allies entirely. I'd recommend bringing a tank to soak up any stray random hits and single target attacks too. It helps tremendously with consistency if your 4*s aren't all A3.
>>
File: party.jpg (845 KB, 1462x998)
845 KB
845 KB JPG
>>997088
How would you arrange this team anon? I kinda want Millard to take advantage of Eliza's 20% Magic up, but maybe it'd be more beneficial to have them on separate rows
>>
I haven't rolled since the Sophia/Fiore step up
I wonder when the limited banners will come
>>
>>997152
Same. I'm only 200 rubies away from being ablgey to spark. I hope I can hold back for a while...
>>
I have been farming caits for the last few days. Just running around and flee unit one shows up, also using increase encounter ring.
I have noticed that caits spawn at a higher rate at Cave of Laments over Subterranean Arena
>>
>>997313
I've been *trying* to farm caits in the Subterranean Arena these past days, a few hours each day, and jfc that was such a miserable experience, I get one of those fat, white ones maybe once every 30 minutes
I'll give the cave a try tomorrow
>>
>>997327
I've switched to grinding right outside of Flamesgrace myself, since every regular enemy there has a fire weakness so Linette can just clean them out instantly to the point it's about as fast as running away would have been.

You'll find caits eventually, it's just a luck-of-the-draw thing.
>>
>>997152
Same except I did the first step of Theo's step up and first step of Viola's. Still a long way to go before I reach 6k though. I hope I have more time to save.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (382 KB, 839x720)
382 KB
382 KB PNG
>>997332
Could be worse. I set fire to my entire stockpile trying to get Tressa's last awakening when she wasn't on banner. Sure, I succeeded, but at a huge cost.

I don't have any regrets, but that might change when they release Cyrus/Ophelia/A2/etc
>>
>>997337
You've had incredible luck Tressabro, plus you have your fave maxed! You'll be fine. I'm looking forward to finally being able to spend rubies (but not too soon!) so I can get a crew together for Tikilen and get more guidestones.
>>
File: 1559838219012.png (351 KB, 711x800)
351 KB
351 KB PNG
>>997379
Yeah, the fact that I managed to get every copy needed without her being the focus of a banner was probably dumb luck. Probably makes up for still having zero gold seals when I have a 4.5* Theo and Eliza to promote up.

I'm trying to figure out which 4*s are the absolute best ones to invest in for future use, i.e. the really good ones. Just putting together a quick list looking at what I have and seeing "okay which ones are top priority to invest in for the long term".
Biggest thing I can say is that all the apothecaries suck enough that even a 4.5* Theo puts them all to shame
>>
>>997464
>Biggest thing I can say is that all the apothecaries suck enough that even a 4.5* Theo puts them all to shame
Yeah, 4* apothecaries are just whatever, the fact that not a single one has a frontrow regen makes them... irrelevant, really
Shelby is only good if you need axe breaks, and Rodion for axe and darkness nuking
>>
>>997464
Okay so the big highlights in "this is the one of this class to invest most heavily in"

Warrior: Sigrid
Merchant: Pia (also Devin for a budget tank if you lack Gilderoy or Tressa)
Thief: Wingate and Cless, other two are more niche but good in those niches
Apothecary: They all suck, but Rodion probably sucks the least
Hunter: Lucetta
Cleric: Menno, Ramona for budget Millard
Scholar: Noelle (best 4* overall IMO)
Dancer: Mabel, Iris for fan damage

Seriously Noelle's kit is nuts for a 4*
>ST EATK + EDEF buff
>ST EATK + EDEF debuff
>2-turn AOE wind res debuff (and at level 72 can be enhanced to be 3-turns!)
>2-hit AOE wind when all the other scholars only get 2-hit ST for their respective elements
>+20% wind damage for self
Seriously the closest thing to a weakness she has is her first passive being +10% exp for herself and her partner, and that's still good for grinding! (Also no tome skills but there's only one unit currently that even gets a 2-hit tome skill so whatever)
>>
>>997515
I'm so glad Noelle is so good. One of my fave characters from the beta, her story really made her grow on me quick.
>>
>>997536
I just pushed her level cap to 74 and awakening 2

The second an endgame boss with a wind weakness shows up it's going to be torn to ribbons so goddamn hard.
>>
Does anyone have a good guide to buff stacking
>>
>>997567
I didn't meant to post a Tressa picture with that question by the way it just happened
>>
File: 55ikjkce4uk11.jpg (242 KB, 1600x1600)
242 KB
242 KB JPG
>>997570
you are required to post Tressa
>>
>>997567
Here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUZMWDWJakg&ab_channel=ShizukatzCotC
Specifically the example starting at 9:17 to show how to maximize buffs.
Also here: https://meowdb.com/db/octopath-traveler-cotc/the-ultimate-guide-to-buffs-and-debuffs/
>>
>>997567
https://youtu.be/AUZMWDWJakg
The basic rundown is that there are currently only two categories of buffs and debuffs: active (from using a buff skill) and passive (marked by a silver border) which comes from passive skills like Tikilen's start of battle e.atk buff and equipment like Kota's Right Glove.

>Active and passive buffs stack independently from each other up to a max of 30% (you can have an active atk buff at 30% and a passive one at 30% simultaneously but you can't stack an active buff to 60%)

>Different sources for the same buff stack in both duration and potency up to a maximum of 30% and 9 turns. The same character using the same skill twice doesn't stack the potency but eg. Lynette using her aoe atk buff followed by her single target one would raise the potency. Likewise, two different characters using the same skill also raises the potency.

>Same applies for passive debuffs so Lynette's row swap passive would push Tikilen's start of battle e.atk buff from 20% to 30% and extend its duration every time it triggers.

>Any buffs that are just a straight damage multiplier share a cap of 30% even if their trigger conditions are different. Eg. Scarecrow's 20% damage on break and 20% damage bonus on crit only stack to 30% when both trigger.
>>
File: 1534193045065.png (964 KB, 1222x1399)
964 KB
964 KB PNG
>>997586
Okay, so that means the following:
>Tikilen's 20% wind damage passive means she only needs wind rune II to hit the damage boost cap, anything past that is wasted so you can save the wind rune III for someone else and just use a wind rune II instead
>units without damage or ATK/EATK boosting passives can basically "catch up" with the right partners or appropriate damage boosting accessories to those that do
>can extend the duration of Kota's Right Glove buff with Linette swapping because she wasn't broken enough already

I think the end result of this is that damage boosting passives aren't as important as I thought if you have the right equipment to work with, and utility passives are better in the long term (especially if you actually get a few A4 accessories to throw around by pulling enough dupes, at which point being able to hit the 30% cap is a lot more realistic)

>>997571
If you insist!
>>
>>997515
I'd suggest Bertrand for consideration on Hunters, 3-hit rand. Bow and both passive and skill Lightning res. downs make him a great support on two weaknesses. Ashlan is situational as a crit-based unit but worth considering just because of the Tikilen fight.
If Menno and Noelle are on this list, you gotta have Fabio. 15% front row Mag up + 3-hit rand. wind is pretty decent at shredding shield so that Noelle can nuke. 20% wind up at 100% HP (not flat like Noelle) and 3 turns of mag. up means he's also doing decent damage during and before break. He's a consolation Noelle and a great Noelle support simultaneously.
>>
im just levelling up 4 stars to 65 to get the extra influence then using the guidstones to awaken them

but where do i get silver guide stones?
>>
>>997699
do hunts
>>
>>997699
You can trade in memory shards for 100 silver guidestones and 50 gold guidestones every week in the Exchange
>>
>>997605
boosting accessories to those that do
>can extend the duration of Kota's Right Glove buff with Linette swapping because she wasn't broken enough already
Yup, and it's as good as it sounds. Maintaining the buff for an entire becomes trivial too if you pair your character up with Mabel or Lucetta who both give their row partner +1 duration on received buffs. I use that to my advantage in tn my Tikilen team to enable Scarecrow to hit like an absolute truck.
>>
What's the max level gear so far ? Is it a good idea to farm level 60 gear for my characters or can I move on ? (I've reached the last zone of chapter 8)
>>
Do we know who we’re getting this week yet
>>
How to upgrade the stamp weapons to higher levels? They need the lower level stamp weapons but the exchange is not restocking them
>>
>>997963
Something juicy probably, since we're getting a livestream this wednesday
>>997952
>What's the max level gear so far?
Lv 61 Fenrir gear, the weapons give a boost to physical damage
Lv 60 Innocent is still the way to go for mages tho, with Battle-tested weapons being the best of both worlds, but only four classes are available
>>
>>997977
Watch them skip past Cyrus entirely just to mess with us
How good are Therion/Ophelia/Olberic/Alfyn?
>>
>>998007
Alfyn straight up creeps Theo, Ophelia is a broken healer too. Therion is a good burster because using BP lets him do a move twice. Dunno about Olberic, but I heard he's one of the meh ones.
>>
>>998013
Ophelia makes every other cleric obsolete because she does literally everything
As nuts as Cyrus is, he at least isn’t a literal autoinclude for every fight ever
>>
File: F.jpg (1.22 MB, 2400x1080)
1.22 MB
1.22 MB JPG
Kill me I forgot to equip the guaranteed crit
>>
3 chubby coy cats within 30 minutes
all flee on the 3rd turn, the turn i would have killed them
JUST
>>
>>998215
RIP
I always break them on turn 2 but then they usually run away turn 2
I think it’s only possible to have a consistent kill if you have a unit with a priority skill that hits one of their weaknesses, and basically no one has priority skills right now (just Heathcotte and Tressa, and the latter can’t break because high end caits don’t have a spear weakness)
>>
>>998222
Isn’t there one tier of cait only in Japan with a spear weakness
>>
ive been at "end game" for a while now, what are the dailies?
i do:

1. gather nuts
2. path action all nameless town npcs to get the stuff to exchange
3. kill all the nameless town spawns
4. 3 ad rewards
5. 3 ad cats
6. kill the 3 elites in the tower
7. sell
8. collect

am i missing something?
>>
>>998311
you could add path actions in the stores around the world, i guess.
i assume you also kill the nameless town elites outside of the tower for mats.

personally i'm rather casual tho, so i only really do elites and ad rewards for possible gems.
>>
>>998311
Kill the Battle-Tested NPCs for historic material
>>
>>998311
Kill the elites around Flamesgrace and Victors Hollow, since those drop enhancement materials.
>>
Is there anywhere good to discuss this game that isn’t here?
>>
>>998486
no
unironically
>>
>>998537
Oh well
Have a cute Tressa
>>
>>997720
Oh shit, I wish I knew this earlier. It's a new week, time to cash in!
Unrelated but I somehow got a silver seal of the scholarking every day for the past three days. Considering my hunts are purely based around fishing for a single gold seal of the scholarking, it's kinda frustrating me.
>>
So we’re getting expert hunts tomorrow
What’s the difference between those and regular hunts?
>>997571
Who is she marrying anyways
please be me
>>
>>998962
They're just harder and it takes 600 influence to get all the chests instead of 500. Other than that, they just let you go on hunts practically twice a day (fuck yeah!)
>>
>>998971
Thanks, so basically more hunts
>>
>>998971
Aaand I assume the influence rewards have a higher chance to be gold seals? please?
>>
Do sacred seals drop on any hunt or do I need to do specific hunts for specific seals?
>>
>>999112
The latter, they only drop from hunts with the relevant weapon type as recommended.
Outside of that do whatever hunt you want
>>
finally got my first gold seal, for the unit it need too
but i dont have the sacred seals....
>>
What 4* are considered useless? I want to make all mine to 65 then exchange their guidestones for better ones
>>
>>999192
the ones that are the discount equivalent to the 5 star you already have
but unless you are a super whale or super lucky, youll eventually need all of them since there will be 1 class only battles
>>
>>998962
She’s marrying (You)
>>
>>999197
>youll eventually need all of them since there will be 1 class only battles
Exactly, let's assume the best and say that you have four 5* warriors (nothing too crazy), you'll still need Trish, Sigrid, etc at a decently high level AND awakening to swap your 5* in and out
>>
Are Tressa and Fiore neighbors?
>>
Random question: have you already been tempted enough to install/use any of the games/apps spooking you for daily Cait/Treasure ads? I'm right about to bite the bullet for that Ebony puzzler myself
no way in Hell I'm picking up Arknights again, tho
>>
>>999382
Maybe, they are both from Rippletide, proving that all the best girls are from there
>>
>>999389
i dont watch the ads, i just let it play and look away
>>
>>999313
Welp I’m in heaven
Happy Tressa post to celebrate

>>999197
>only one job allowed fights
Welp
I don’t even want to think about how those are supposed to go for jobs without at least one of heavy debuff access, reliable healing (preferably AOE but ST at a minimum) or tank access
Warrior for instance I don’t think has any healers available right now outside of Eliza
>>
>still no H’aanit after 79 pulls
>have spare 30 rubies from maintenance
>"well, 80 must be a lucky number, right?"
>pull 1
>ring does explode-in-flames animation
>cards appear, fame card is chosen
>"Nani? Could it be...?"
it's Fiore. And I already have her in my party.
Somehow it felt even worse than just pulling nothing. Game is actively trolling me now. Single awake stone is all I've got for 2490 rubies. Fucking end me.
>>
>>999436
Could be worse
At least you have awakening 1 on Fiore
>>
>>999439
Yeah, Fiore is a great character to awaken , so I didn't lost anything in a long run, aside from free rubies and H’aanit is permanent anyway. I just hope they make a step up banner for her someday.
>>
did we get all the launch units in a double discount banner already? who is next?
>>
>>999389
Most of the ads show fake gameplay, so no
>>
>>999432
>Warrior for instance I don’t think has any healers available right now outside of Eliza
iirc Trish has both a single target heal and regen with pretty good potencies, so you just a warrior with taunt or even Olberic with his guard
>>
theres too many 4 stars
what are the 4 stars that i need for tiki?
what are the 4 stars that i need for the next one?
what are the 4 stars that i need for the one after that?
>>
>>999512
That 100% depends on your 5* roster anon, if you already have H'aanit then you can safely ignore Ashlan for the Tikilen fight, and if you have both H'aanit AND Scarecrow then Lucetta, Camilla and Bertrand are quite redudant for breaks
Same with Iris and Meena you have Lynette or Primrose
>>
can the highest level cait appear in lower level areas?
>>
>>999468
All 8 have gotten step-ups. Fiore/Sophie -> Lynnette/Millard ->Scarecrow/Gilderoy ->Theo/Viola No idea what the next step-up pattern is.
>>999622
No. There are 2 different Cait groups than can appear depending on the area. Highest level spawns in Ch.8 areas and onwards.
>>999391
But Noelle is from the Flatlands, not Rippletide?
>>
>>999622
Cait types are tied to specific areas. The lowest level areas will only have the lowest level caits.
>>
>>997977
>Something juicy probably, since we're getting a livestream this wednesday
Where's the news about this livestream? I didn't see a notice in game and I just checked their twitter and didn't see a livestream notice there either.
But speaking of the twitter account, found this great pic of H'aanit dressed in the knight uniform from Various Daylife (still laughing at that name).
>>
>>999637
Wait, Various Daylife is real? I thought that was a joke about how these devs make incredibly dumb names for their games
>>
>>999650
Yup. Was a mobile game, now it's getting ported to consoles. And it's not the work in progress/project name of the game, it's the real title.
>>
Timezones are hard, when does the big maintenance start?
>>
>>999635
>implying that Tressa isn't best girl
There's a fine for having taste this bad, and someone's already here to Collect on it. Pay up.
>>999678
I think it's 3 AM to 6 AM?
>>
hurry up and give us nier so i can spend this 3k
the itch to pull is brutal
>>
>>999721
We'd probably get BD first if anything
But who knows
>>
Slowest of pokes here, I'm so close to catching up at last. Just finished the three prologues that unlock after Master of All concludes, now I just need to do Bestower of Wealth Chapter 1 and the first chapter of Bestower of Power we're getting after maintenance. I can finally kinda talk about the story!
It's funny, Master of Power was my least favourite of the original three storylines, but Bestower of Power is looking to be my clear favourite of the new three. Probably because it's the one that's a proper sequel/continuation of Master of All (which was amazing). The new villainess seems pretty cool too, that cutscene with the ships was fantastic. Is it true she's voiced by Sawashiro? She really feels like a major, maybe even final, villain, making Pardis look like a chump and a tool in comparison. Also, I noticed she referred to herself as the "True Sovereign", which is who Gonska said he served when he first revealed himself and assaulted the Ring Maidens.

I remember someone here asked who we chose as the suspect at the end of Bestower of Fame's prologue. I hope it doesn't matter too much for the next chapter, I'm assuming it means nothing like the other dialogue choices (the true villain probably wasn't even in that line up). I chose Father...Monadis? I can't remember how to spell his name. He's the older guy with the blonde little girl with him, Kate. I had it narrowed down to three choices: him, his granddaughter Kate and the sketchy priest that hit on Rinyuu and her friend that they try to make out to be the obvious traitor. I settled on the old Emberglow priest because he was the one sent to look after Emberglow after Tytos' death, meaning he was the only suspect in regular contact with the Scarlet Wings (and thus, Black Scarlet) plus he's an ambitious man who wanted to climb even higher in the church but was spurned and forced to sideline his plans after being ordered away from Flamesgrace to Emberglow. So he has motive and opportunity.
>>
>>999743
I won't tell you who the suspect is, but that person will point it out if you picked correctly. "So you were suspicious of me all along..." It's just a minor dialogue change, but it's something.
>>
>>999749
Oh, I didn't clarify it enough, I meant when we reach the point of the story where the suspect is revealed, they will point it out, not immediately.
>>
>>999749
>>999756
Neat, thanks! Hopefully no one dies because of a wrong choice and we catch the scoundrel in the end!
>>
>>999743
I just picked the funniest option so he’d be forced to investigate himself for wrongdoing.
Kate is probably the other funniest option of “okay let’s pick the literal young girl who got dragged her by her father as the criminal mastermind this cannot possibly be wrong”
I kind of hope it ends up being Kate just to fuck with everyone
>>
>>999784
Kate gave me some bad vibes, I had her as my second choice as she was the only one besides her father/grandfather that was in the right place at the right time to orchestrate this thing. She's a named NPC and idk, she just seemed TOO innocent.
>>
>>999807
>hey should we suspect the creepy pervert who’s way too into whatever the hell is happening at Whispermill
>nah it’s clearly the little girl
>>
>>990771
troon
>>
File: EXiqJQWUEAEurj5.png (469 KB, 736x889)
469 KB
469 KB PNG
Reminder that maintenance starts in a few hours
Hope elite hunts treat you well!
>>
>>999842
Exactly! That suspicious dude is too obviously suspicious. It's always the one you least expect!
>>
So apparently we’re getting Odette after maintenance is over
Is she any good?
>>
>>1000425
Any good? she's Lynette and Viola's levels of meta, has both wind and light 2x AoE, 3x single target random that inflicts -15% wind and light def down just like Sofia, and super good passives
Honestly, way to spit in the face of anyone that pulled for Eliza
>>
>>1000432
And yes, I realize that Eliza synergizes really well with her, but realistically you're not gonna have both.
>>
>>1000432
But is she better than Cyrus
>>
File: 1590566282533.jpg (86 KB, 680x1224)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
game back up
Resume Octopath Traveling!
>>
Shame she's only 4.5* but I only spent 330 gems so I'm not complaining
>>
>>1000461
And of course I forgot the pic
>>
File: Spoiler Image (249 KB, 870x961)
249 KB
249 KB JPG
>>1000460
Also general pool got updated if anyone cares

Help I just spent 400$ trying to get a single Odette and I ended up with a 4.5* Odette, 4.5* Therese, and 4.5* Primrose
Pic related, my money being taken away by my love
>>
>>1000503
I did also get dupes of Gilderoy, Millard, Fiore, and most importantly Tressa
A4, A4, A3, and completely useless but joy-inducing anyways because she's already A4 and the 100 guidestones aren't even enough to raise her level cap by 1 anymore by themselves

How good is EDEF and DEF in practice for damage reduction? Am I slapping Gilderoy's A4 accessory on Tressa now?
>>
File: 1663758152402.jpg (17 KB, 1022x181)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
Finally saved up for a spark! I think I can finally let myself pull the first step of every new step up banner every time I get 150 rubies. I'm still missing Barrad, Bertrand, Menno and Nolle, after all. I think they're the only standout 4*s I'm still missing, I can continue saving up after I get them.
>>
The new banner looks pretty tempting. Is it a trap?
>>
>>1000543
On one hand, she's a wind and light scholar. She won't be utterly outclassed by Cyrus. She's also in the 9.x range in the JP tier list IIRC, not far from the top.
On the other hand, any banner that isn't Cyrus/Ophelia/Alfyn/Therion/Collab or a ultra-amazing step-up is bait.
>>
where do i get the medals for expert hunts?
>>
>>1000585
After accepting the quest, speak with everyone in town
5 NPCs can be inquired further, and then you can get the medals from asking/buying/beating them up
new town also has a Dragon Scarf IV up for grabs from one of the NPCs, so that’s really nice
>>
>>1000580
I see. The only 4* or above seemed pretty nice to for her Banner. The Shards is something I sorely need for upgrading my 4.5 characters. That may be the only thing I really fucking hate about this game. It feels like shit having someone being stuck unable to reach their potential
>>
>>1000631
She's nice, I was lacking on wind, light and tome units, she does all that and is limited so she was worth it for me. Just bear in mind that the rates still suck and to only go through it if you are ok with getting nothing after x amount or plan on going until a spark.
>>
>>1000637
I have no regrets here even with how much I spent
Light is abysmal for me right now but once the game finally starts giving gold seals that problem will go away
Also means wind is even dumber for me now because it wasn’t overpowered enough
>>
>>1000641
Also as a warning
Since she’s plot relevant to his story in regular OT
Assume next week is when they drop Cyrus down and cause everyone’s wallets to explode
jokes on them i already set fire to my wallet, and I can probably actually ignore him in between Sofia and Therese, since he’d only bring fire to the table for me

Have a painter Tressa as incentive to save
>>
is the Odette banner good to roll on?
I want to save for the nier collab but there is no way of predicting the roadmap in Global
>>
>>1000660
seems pretty good since they are at least 4 star units. so if you need filler
why not
>>
>>1000660
Odette is limited, so she *won’t* go into the off-banner pool in the future
In exchange, her banner has no 3*s at all: you will only pull 4*s at worst. (Which is really good!6
Technically future limited banners will have the previous limited units as potential off-banners, and reruns do happen, but it’s in general much less likely
Odette herself is I think the absolute best wind and light damage dealer even in Japan right now, and is probably being dangled in front of us because they’ll drop Cyrus next week and leave people livid they fell for what is really good bait.

if I was going to delete a bunch of silver guidestones for a golden seal, should I do warrior for Eliza, apocethary for Theo, tome for Odette (and then I’d need another scholar seal for Therese rip), or dancer for Primrose?
>>
Casual player here, I only play when I feel like and I don't care about obsessing over dailies and weeklies, hoarding currency and all the typical gacha shit.
Can I get away with never using the experience items and just treating it like a single player RPG? The game tells me I can but I don't know if this is a trick and I'm going to have to invest in boosting characters to keep up with the level difficulty instead of just grinding as I go.
Should I just spend rubies on step up events? How often do they come around?
>>
>>1000665
Theo does his job just fine as a 4.5 (his 5* will be good against Glossom, but I think he'll be just fine without it). If you haven't beaten Tikilen yet and need a strong damage dealer for her, Odette is definitely a good choice though I think she might be solid for the fight even without that (I'll personally be test running her at 4.5* soon so I'll get back to you on that). Primrose is a good unit all around and will be fantastic for Glossom next month and Eliza is currently better for her backrow utility than as a standalone unit so I wouldn't prioritize her for a class up.
>>
>>1000667
You can get by without the nuts but there are difficulty spikes in the story that might take several days worth of hunt experience and daily caits to overcome, but if you don't mind taking it slow then feel free to hoard.
>>
>>1000669
I crushed Tikilen a while back so Glossom would be the bigger concern I guess.
Poor Eliza is doomed to sit in the backrow so Tressa can nuke harder
>>
>>1000665
Aren't collab characters the only ones that won't be added to the common pool out?
>>
>>1000673
Collab characters are the only ones not guaranteed to periodically become available, but limited characters are never added to the permanent pool. Instead, they can be acquired as off-banner units on other limited character banners.
>>
>>1000673
Check this out: https://game8.jp/octopathtraveler-sp/263474
Anyone with red words under their name is either limited or an arena character, most of them aren't collab.
>>
>>1000672
Also looking at Primrose and she just seems like a mostly worse Lynette?
All her best moves are horrendously expensive in SP and she doesn’t have the passive AtK/EATK up from swapping. All she really has going for her is dark damage because that basically doesn’t exist on other units right now
And for that fight can’t you just use her as 4.5* anyways?
>>
>>1000683
Primrose has a big SP pool which combined with her SP regen passive means that in practice SP management isn't really a big issue for her. She also isn't as much a replacement for Lynette (although she certainly can be if you don't have Lynette or for whatever reason you don't want to bring her to a specific fight) as she is a great complementary character to her. She can cap out Lynette's buff to 30% for the whole team and also has access to defense and speed buffs which Lynette doesn't cover. Her dark damage also isn't shabby (not to mention both her dark skills can also boost both her own and her team's damage potential) and both her strongest skills are locked behind her 5*. She's going to be far less effective against Glossom without her 2x aoe dark that also applies a debuff to both defenses.
>>
>>1000687
I’ll just wait and see how things go
Maybe hunts will be nice m
>>
Man the Tatloch fight in the latest story freaked me out. I thought you had to actually win that. I thought I was so out of touch "if I could beat Tikilen why can't I beat a boss from the story chapter?"
>>
There's no decent way to get silver stones shards aside from exchanging silver stones, right? Sucks that it uses 30k of those fuckers for a single golden seal, cuz I really wanted my Odette to get 5*s.
>>
>>1000709
Yeah, it kinda sucks. I bit the bullet and exchanged all my guidestones to get my Scarecrow to 5* in preparation for Tikilen after failing to pull him in his step-up banner and a week later I pulled him at 5* as an off-banner and just pulled 4.5* Odette.
>>
Which 4* should I level up next? Among 5*s I have Sofia, Gilderoy, Fiore, Scarecrow, Viola, Lynette; trying to decide between Peredir, Noelle, trish, maybe Merrit if she's better than theo.
>>
>>1000695
Yeah I was actually wondering if that was *meant* to be beatable since I was actually making some progress on her health bar even through her gimmick, and wondering if I should have held back the big attacks in the earlier fights
It didn’t even end with my party dead on the floor!
>>1000717
Noelle easily, she’s absurd for a 4* in terms of what she can do
>>1000713
That’s part of why I’m considering burning the shards for Odette. The other 4.5* I can get off-banner as 5* in the future, but Odette won’t have that luxury on most banners, and if the game decided to throw me a gold scholar seal immediately after I could just use it for Therese then
I’ll see if I can do it without touching the absolute top rung 4* shards m
>>
>>1000717
Noelle is probably the best unit out of those in a vacuum. She has limited use in the next arena fight to deal with the adds and she's just generally a great support in wind-focused comps along with having respectable damage herself (especially for a 4*). Merrit is a good unit to park behind your tank for free regen, but her actual kit is very underwhelming with only single target heals, no multi-hit attacks and no real damage output to speak of. I can see her being useful for Glossom to place behind Gilderoy and occasionally coming in for a max boosted attack to break some shields. Peredir main use is his passive analyze, he's not really a great combat unit by any stretch. Trish can be a decent breaker for Varkyn with her 3-hit sword if you're really scraping the bottom of the barrel, but she kinda doesn't do much beyond that.
>>
>>1000725
>>1000729
thanks, so it's Noelle then and waiting patiently for a decent apothecary or cleric to get added to the game and break the scholar/warrior/hunter glut
>>
>>1000731
All the clerics suck
Even Millard is basically useless outside of his absurd AOE heal and crushing blow
>>
>>1000736
Basically useless is a little too harsh. Millard absolutely isn't a great character and is going to get absolutely shat on by future clerics, but he does make Tikilen a lot easier to deal with so he does have redeeming qualities.
>>
Even stuck at 4*, Odette is disgustingly good against Tikilen. I can probably shave several minutes off my previous time once I get used to her. Screwed up a couple of times trying to skip her one last chance phase because I was just doing too much damage and triggering it before I could shave her shields off after my first break on her.
>>
>>1000683
>Also looking at Primrose and she just seems like a mostly worse Lynette?
lol no, at least until specials arrive (which could take along ass time) Primrose is much more versatile and a damage powerhouse against enemies weak to dark.
And her SP consumption is super easy to manage.
>>
I'm glad A2 is top tier because she's the one I want the most out of the collab characters anyway
>>
How many elite hunts exist right now, two?
>>
First 10 pull very nice. Think my luck topped out from here on out.
>>
>>1000653
>and I can probably actually ignore him in between Sofia and Therese
Bruh, those two are part of Cydawg's harem. They're meant to compliment him on ice and lightning teams where he is still the star of the show. Don't be fooled by thinking three elements means he's a jack of all trades; he's a master of all.
>>
>>1000866
My assumption was that the 30% ice damage passive would put Sofia over Cyrus for ice damage, and that his main draw is being absurdly strong for three elements when most scholars only focus on one element
Oh right one more question
Are tyrranical weapons worth farming? They seem to just get extra crit instead of a primary offense stat so unless you’re desperate for more crit against Tikilen they seem like an easy skip
>>
Spend 1200 Rubies and no Odette. But I did get my Sophia to Max awakening somehow. So that's something I guess. I have 200 Rubies left so I may just get to make one more Pull before the banner ends. Maybe more if I do some of the super bosses or the Traveler quest, I have only done two of them so far
>>
Guys, I was assuming Odette was a safe skip but now I see you guys saying she's absolutely top tier for wind and light. I just made it to Victor's Hollow last night so I'm still not ready to even try Tikilen, most of my 5 stars aren't that good for the fight and I don't have Theo or any 5* healer.
But anyway, the main appeal of Odette to me is that I have NO light damage on my main squad or among my leveled characters whatsoever plus wind is only covered by Tressa and Scarecrow and their spear/bow damage is much better comparatively; I don't have a truly wind-focused character and light is utterly barren.
So Odette would be an amazing addition to my team, but I only have 3770 rubies right now. Almost caught up in story but I've done ZERO traveler stories so there should be a lot in there too, right? The only banner I went in hard on was the Sophia/Fiore step up, other than that I've only done 3 ten pulls (one pull to start my account and the first steps of the last two step ups). I've been trying really hard to save for Cyrus (lightning is the other element besides light I have no 5 stars for).

tl;dr pull for Odette or skip and keep saving for Cyrus? Should I just wait a week and see if the next banner appears before Odette leaves?
>>
>>1000845
Four, one for the first four towns.
>>
>>1000899
I only have the ones for Emberglow and Valore
What do I need to do for Theatropolis and the Best Town? I don’t even have the quests yet
>>
>>1000900
I read they were all the same. Talk to the usual hunt NPC in the inn and inquire about expert hunts to get the quest, then find five NPCs in town you can inquire further with to unlock more items to get from them, including a medal specific to that town. Bring the five medals back to the hunt NPC at the inn, then the hunt's unlocked. Oh, and I assume you have to clear the normal hunt for that region as well.
>>
>>1000875
They end up with a higher grade so they end up better
At least you have effectively four areas of elites to fight for the refine materials per day instead of 3 (fenrir) or even just 2 (innocent)
>>
>>1000896
youll get cyrus eventually since hes not limited
>>
let's say hypothetically i download and start to play, who do i reroll for
>>
>>1000945
Serious answer: Viola or Linette, preferably both if possible
Biased answer: Tressa
>>
blew my stash
got Teresa haha...
>>
>>1000952
alright thanks, i will take the plung tonight or tomorrow
>>
>>1000953
How many rubies was your stash?
congrats on the Tressa!
>>
>>1000958
t-thanks....
>>
Huh, I don’t think anyone mentioned this as a thing, but there’s a new weapon set up for exchange with memory shards called “Ballen”. Level 60 to equip, only a little weaker than battle-tested weapons (example: Ballen spear has just 10 less ATK and 9 less EATK than the Battle Tested Spear), gives a 50% chance at the start of a fight to have one more BP, and most notably increases exp gain by 10%.
Only flaw is they’re 1000 memory shards each and you can only get one of each.
Might be worth looking into if you absolutely can’t wait for the remaining BT weapons (since they outdo Tier 3 innocent/Fenrir/tyrranic weaponry) or want more exp for grinding purposes.
>>1000959
If it’s any consolation, at least you burned your stash on a banner with nothing but 4*s at minimum, so you’ll have a ton of guidestones to raise their level cap or awaken them with.

Grats on the Tressa!
>>
Actually I meant Therese not Tresa haha....
>>
>>1000966
Dang it I posted Tressa for nothing
At least you got a 5*
>>
>>1000942
So you're saying I should try for Odette? Man, seeing a lot of people having bad luck today's got me nervous. I'm a career lucklet...
>>1000953
>>1000959
Sorry to hear bro. My stash isn't much higher than yours, you're making me even more worried about pulling.
>>
>>1000970
yea go for her
luck is part of the game and so is suffering
>>
Quick question
Odette’s strongest attack spell is 260 potency at 0 boost
What is it at full boost, 420 potency?
>>
>first pull, shiny gold lights for 5 star
>power
>YES YES YES
>Lynette
Fuck! Well, now I have two awakening stones for her so I can save one and boost her stats.
>>
>>1001001
Five pulls later and I got her! 5 star version too! Still have 2000 rubies for Cyrus. Classed up ALL my 3.5 stars along the way except Helga, too, and picked up Cless so the only 4 stars I'm missing are Barrad and Meena. Big thanks to >>1000973
for giving me the push to go for it!
>>
File: 1633551588392.jpg (706 KB, 848x650)
706 KB
706 KB JPG
>>1000968
>for nothing
there is always reason to post Tressa
>>
octopath stream on twitch right now
>>
>>1001016
Nice
If she’s good enough I’ll bite the bullet and set fire to my silver shards for a gold scholar seal to promote mine to 5*. It’s her or Primrose, since Theo does his job just fine at 4.5*, Eliza exists to make Tressa actually legit good at AOE nuking with Trade Typhoon, and Therese is just thunder Sofia so she can wait
I legit pity the poor BT tome NPC; I’m reasonably sure that I’ll be able to flatout kill him by turn 4 at the latest now
Which is good because I need another BT tome for Odette.
>>
So if I’m correct it should be nothing next week except the CAIT HUNTS, and then the week after is Glossom cup

>>1001033
You’re right
God I love her so much
I just want to snuggle the cute merchant
>>
>>1001051
>stream is just spoiling the latest chapter
Damn, I gotta duck out. Lemme know if they give any news.
>>1001055
Thanks! I still need a gold seal for Sophia, haven't been able to get any yet. And even with Odette, I'm not sure if I can do Tikilen without Theo or any 5 star that can heal.
>>
>400+ gems total from mail+stuff after update
>>999389
AL but i already sold my account ages ago for easy 150+ bucks and there are certain collabs that i really want which will never rerun ever so i'm not returning
>>
im so fucking sad, im gonna reroll
f2p btw
>>
I've got 5,750 rubies and I'm bored as hell. I don't have a shot against Tikilen with Millard/Viola/Fiore as my only 5*s, so I figure I might as well try pulling for Odette, I have a 2 Gold Scholar Seals anyways.
"Odette or bust, I'll pull her through RNG or pity!"
4 rolls in I figure out that's a bad idea. I should just spend 2,750, keep 3,000 in reserve for surprise step-ups. As soon as I decided it, this little lady spooked me for practicing safe spending.
I guess the moral of the story is to roll wisely and you will be richer than you will ever know.
>>
>>1001206
Enjoy your merchant!
>>
>>1001206
People have beaten Tikilen with only 4*s and Millard and Viola are both good for the fight so you very well might be able to beat her. It won't be easy, but if you have a solid selection of 4*s you could have what it takes, especially if you have the resources to get some key characters to A3.
>>
Started this game today, two questions
1) That odette banner seems to only give 4 stars or better, am I right in assuming it's good value to dump all my crystals in there ?
2) If yes, what can I do to get as many crystals as possible before that banner ends ?
>>
>>1001264
1. yes
2. just play the game
>>
>>1001268
k
should I just do a couple of ten rolls to get my 4 stars and call it ? I heard limited units aren't worth chasing for f2ps because you need dupes or something
>>
>>1001281
not just any 4 stars, get the good ones
>>
>>1001246
>People have beaten Tikilen with only 4*s
Different anon here. I have every 4 star except for Barrad and Meena (I'm >>1001016).
My 5 stars are Fiore (A1), Tressa, Sophia (only 4.5*), Scarecrow, Lynette (A1), Viola and now Odette. If I'm going to beat Tikilen, I need to start focusing where I spend my resources. What's the best team of 8 travelers I can make, and is it even possible for me? And should I be trying to get the 4 stars to A3 first, or uncap their level to somewhere in the 70-80 range first?
>>
Decided to burn the shards for the gold scholar seal
Press F for the poor BT tome NPC. Dead on turn 4, and I might be able to shave that down to turn 3 with more levels on Odette and remembering to put Wind Rune 3 on Tressa
>>
can I rewatch the memoir cutscenes somewhere or is it one and done
>>
>>1001328
They should all be on the Memoirs screen for you to reread at your leisure. There's also some you can read on the bookshelves of the archives in the Tower of Remembrance's basement.
>>1001297
Damn, amazing stuff! What level should I be to challenge the BT NPCs? Main squad is in the 69-73 range at the moment, I'm almost caught up on story.
>>
>>1001336
Level matters less than exploiting weaknesses
The spear one in Rippletide is generally considered the easiest one; it’s weak to fire and bows
>>
>>1001281
No. People who say limited units aren't worth going for are wrong.
Dupes are nice to have for sure, but what's even more important than that is a good base kit. And most limited units have really good base kits.
Odette for example is still one of the best wind/light mages even in Japan.

In general you have 3 avenues of pulling.
>Save everything for limited units as you can't get em another way.
>Pull for meta
>Pull for favorites.
Odette is our first limited and people are predicting that we'll end up seeing Cyrus (who is standard pool) next week or Nier collab in 2 weeks (and A2 is busted good). I don't think we're getting Cyrus until November; but I wouldn't be surprised if October 5th is our first collab since it's a "special event"
>>
>>1001363
how often do limited rerun ?
>>
>>1001363
Pull for favorites is the correct answer
I will use Tressa in every fight that doesn’t literally prohibit me from using her
>>
File: octorolls.png (2.01 MB, 1106x1122)
2.01 MB
2.01 MB PNG
>>1001284
Ended up getting Odette, and from what I looked into the 4 stars I got are pretty good, am I looking for something in particular or is it good to stop there for now ?
>>
File: 1663823866667.jpg (2.96 MB, 2629x2645)
2.96 MB
2.96 MB JPG
Thanks to the game showing mercy to everyone with a 3.5 Ashlan I got mine to 4* with the free Huntress Seal, Awoken I, and got him to Lv65 right away and was wondering if I can finally do the tournament? Been playing since launch. I have take aim, true volley, and twin toxic arrows, with full fenrir gear(haven't fought any BT enemies). Need guidance from you guys on what to use
>>
>that price for buying 300 gems
wow this game really doesn't want you to roll
>>
How the hell do you get medals for the expert hunts to unlock? I talked to a bunch of people and nothing happened
>>
>>1001288
Between Scarecrow, Odette, Viola and Tressa your only big concern here is survival in the early turns of the fight. I would try something like:

Tressa, Scarecrow, Odette, Viola, Camilla, Ashlan, Menno and another healer like Ramona or Cedric.
>>1001587
If you've accepted the quest, some NPCs around town will have received new path action rewards locked behind an "inquire further" prompt.
>>
>>1001587
You have to inquire. Look in the bottom right, you should see icons for some new items you can get from them.
>>
>>1001597
>Tressa, Scarecrow, Odette, Viola, Camilla, Ashlan, Menno and another healer like Ramona or Cedric.
Thanks bro! Already been raising Camilla, Ashlan and Menno up a bit on the side and Ramona is my main cleric so she's already at 69 (stuck there for now). What level should I aim for? Obviously as high as possible, but I only have so many silver guidestones.
>>
>>1001288
>>1001597
I just woke up and was dumb so I completely ignored the
>And should I be trying to get the 4 stars to A3 first, or uncap their level to somewhere in the 70-80 range first?
Level 60-65 with no awakening or even just A1 is doable, but precarious. Having Tressa to taunt the single target and random hits helps, but if your front row isn't topped off before Tikilen's aoes someone will probably die. A3 helps massively with survival and makes any mistakes a lot more forgiving so I would test out the waters without spending extra resources on awakenings first and seeing who needs the most assistance.
>>
>>1001598
>>1001597
Talked to everyone twice in Emberglow and only got 2 medals, am I missing something, Do I have to do character stories? I hope not because I've been lazy and haven't done any
>>
>>1001637
Did you visit the screen to the right of the main town where the battle-tested bow guy is?
>>
>>1001637
East district is also a part of emberglow, you will find the other three there
>>
>>1001638
>>1001641
Thank you. I hate this game.
>>
>spent 1500 gems
>only one 5* Tressa to show for it
I feel vaguely robbed, especially considering I already have Gilderoy. Oh well, at least I've awakened a bunch of my 4 stars.
>>
I only have 1500 gems saved up, but this current banner is almost too tempting. I could use some of these 4*
>>
>>1001297
Update: I managed to kill the poor guy in 3 turns
My wind damage has become so completely outlandish I can tear through a BT NPC with a wind weakness faster than the elites I grind for equipment upgrade materials each day. If Odette is this absurd I don’t even want to think about how broken Cyrus will be.
>>1001652
Gilderoy is better for breaking lightning weaknesses and being a mage tank, but Tressa is better for everything else since she has a lot of utility and some incredibly strong moves for damage purposes (and tanking physical attacks by just having Sidestep to ignore them)
Having both means you can have Gilderoy focus entirely on tanking while Tressa donates BP or tears through a wind or spear weakness.

Also it’s Tressa. She’d never rob you. She’s collecting your rubies in a fair exchange!
>>
Ok, how the fuck do I survive tikilen's slicing winds attack?
>>
>>1001943
You either break her before she gets to use it, sac your tank and hope to close out the fight before she can use it again or bring a tank with innate wind resistance and buff the shit out of them while debuffing Tikilen's elemental attack. My Gilderoy (5* but no awakenings) survives with about 300 HP with Viola's Anti-attack on Tikilen, +30% wind res from Theo and Mabel's skills and his own +15% e.def buff so surviving is pretty difficult.
>>
>>1001950
Is there a set amount of turns before she uses it?
>>
>>1001960
I don't know the intricacies of her ai well enough to say for sure. I know she follows a strict turn order at the start of the fight, but I actually have no idea when she uses it. In all my runs I've never seen her use it until a few turns after I killed her allies but I couldn't tell you if that's just how it happens to line up with how much damage I'm putting out.
>>
File: 1660542072265533.png (263 KB, 510x506)
263 KB
263 KB PNG
Phew Lads! Was pretty scared that I wouldn't get Odette. But I managed to pull her as an 5* On my fifth and last pull scrapping avaible rubies together. Really looking forward to using her for Tikkilen and now I finally have an Light caster. Had to make do using Millard before and I am honestly considering forgoing him for some of the better 4* units entirely when heavy healing is not needed. Theo is usually able to keep everyone chugging along just fine

Any good 4* Units you would recommend? Maybe some of the ones that provides nice buff on the Backline.

One last note. I got my Sophia her last awakening rolling on this banner. And Her trinket is pretty strong I have to admit. She has by far been my most valuable and Cutest unit since I began. She was even the first 4.5* I pulled with the Beginner rolls. I hope your are all having a nice day! And best of luck on your pulls!
>>
>>1002025
>Any good 4* Units you would recommend? Maybe some of the ones that provides nice buff on the Backline.
For general purpose play or for Tikilen?
>>
>>1002040
General purpose
>>
>>1002042
Noelle is one of the most loaded 4* characters. She does a little bit of everything and most of it surprisingly well.

For backrow utility there isn't a whole lot of variety.

Wingate can give anyone 20% bonus damage on broken targets, which is pretty huge for characters like Primrose who have all the tools to be a decent damage dealer save for a damage boosting passive and probably the most universally useful 4* backrow passive we've got right now. On a similar note, Barrad can give a start of battle +15% attack boost to his row partner which can be pretty good.

Lucetta and Mabel are both really good if you've got Lynette as they can help you maintain passive attack/e.atk buffs on units like Fiore, Tikilen, Barrad and Heinz throughout an entire fight while still giving you the flexibility to swap them out and/or not swap Lynette every turn.

Other than that, you've got Camilla, Ramona and Merrit who all give passive HP regen to the front row.
>>
>>1001601
Thanks!
>Level 60-65 with no awakening or even just A1 is doable, but precarious.
That's very encouraging as if that's possible, then being higher level and awakened should boost my chances even more. Gonna make sure everyone's fully geared before I start trying.
>>
>>1002025
Thanks bro, and congrats! Sounds like we're in a similar boat. I got her in six pulls, was pretty nervous about pulling, and she's my first proper light caster (I don't even have Millard). And congrats on Sophia, too! Mine's still stuck at 4.5*, she's still great though.
Oh, for four stars I use Ramona and Shelby because I don't have a 5* cleric or apothecary. Shelby's great for hitting axe weakness plus can hit ice weakness alongside Sophia and has a pretty good single target heal plus regens her own health. Ramona is good for burst healing and if you put her in the back row, she'll heal the person in front of her for free every turn (I keep her behind Sophia to keep her topped up for her passive).
>>
Just finished the lv70+ expert hunt and it felt like everything died pretty fast with only normal attacks from a random team to reach the 400 threshold, why did it feel that way? Normal lv60 hunts were more challenging. Am i retarded for thinking this?
>>
>>1002124
well...tell us what level your team is....
>>
>>1002049
>>1002118

Thanks for the Suggestions! I'll try and keep them in mind! Another great thing about the banner was all the 4* Thanks to them I managed to get enough Silver shards to finally 5* My viola! And I have a decent stash left over as well now. In my opinion the Value of those shards should not be underestimated
>>
I would try to pull Odette but she is light and wind element, I already have Millard for light and Tressa and Scarecrow if I ever need a wind break
my current Scholar also is my ice caster so I cant replace her for now
>>
>>1002210
Millard is in no way an acceptable Light-Breaker He only has 1-hit attack so it's going to take ages
>>
Okay so I’m trying to force a BT tome drop and something odd is happening in regards to the damage I’m seeing here
>enemy has been debuffed into oblivion: -30% EDEF from debuffs and another -15% from a passive, -30% wind resistance, and is broken
Odette burns 3 BP and uses Tornado IV (450 potency); her EATK is 749 currently
>deals a bit over 41k damage not counting the 10% doublecast
Tressa burns 3 BP and uses Trade Typhoon (170x2 potency for a total of 340 potency); she has 601 EATK currently, and is getting the full 30% damage boost to wind from her accessories
>deals about 37k damage total between the two hits
What is going on here? I love Tressa more than anything but she shouldn’t be this close to a unit with that much more potency and EATK over her. They’re both using BT weapons so it isn’t a matter of weapon grade making a difference here
I’m confused and don’t understand what’s happening at all.
Have cute Tressas.
>>
>>1002266
The damage formula has some strange quirks to it and base p.atk actually affects your elemental damage and the way it works in practice means that characters with a high base attack compared to their base elemental attack end up doing much more elemental damage than you'd expect. If I remember right, this effect is a lot less pronounced when the values are closer which I suspect is partially responsible for why Tikilen's damage feels underwhelming too.
>>
File: theo.jpg (160 KB, 1600x720)
160 KB
160 KB JPG
>>
File: 1532827574953.png (1.13 MB, 1000x687)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB PNG
>>1002444
While that explains seeing Sofia's Elemental Break somehow doing 5 digits despite her PATK being a joke, Tressa's PATK and EATK are actually close to equal so that probably wouldn't explain it.
At level 100 she has 381 base PATK and 360 EATK (assuming no awakenings), whereas Fiore has 404 base PATK and 237 base EATK, and Sofia is base 231 PATK and base 389 EATK.

Maybe the formula just gets weird if both stats are high? Not complaining if it means Tressa can keep up with the absolute top wind damage unit right now.
>>
Datamined stuff from the discord server:

Upcoming characters for the next few weeks:
-Stead: A dark cleric whose damage increases when the enemy is bleeding.
-Lumis: An apothecary with a 3x single-target wind attack and 4x random-target axe attack.
Please note that these characters will share a single banner, in both standard and step-up varieties (but the step-up does not guarantee one of them.)

I'm both lacking in both dark and wind, so this could be interesting. Although I'll probably just do the first step and nothing else, gotta stay above 6k at all times.
>>
>>1002549
Do they have any utility outside of their elemental focus? I have so much wind right now that Scarecrow doesn't even make the cut on a wind team anymore, and given my wind team kills the BT tome NPC turn 3 unless he books Odette to death turn 1 or 2 I don't need the help there to say the least.
I assume Stead's bonus damage from bleed is a gimmick, but does she have anything else going for her compared to Millard?
>>
>>1002560
Both of them have regen heals, although their duration can't be extended with boost like Theo's. The cleric has full front row magic attack buff, while the apothecary's status removal is full front frow. They both seem to be sidegrades to what we have right now instead of outright upgrades.
>>
>>1002549
Nice. Considering how little I hear about this game, I thought no one cared enough to datamine it.

>>1002560
Just check the jp tier list, the translator isn't a 100% but it works well enough:
https://game8.jp/octopathtraveler-sp/375939
Seems like she heals less than Millard but has some has 2 hit magic, a physical counter and some buffs.
>>
>>1002572
I hope this takes off in the long run in global just because it's legit great, but it feels like no one pays attention to it. RIP
>>
>>1002575
It's doing fine enough, will get a bump from OT2 when it releases, and will have ad revenue to keep it going from F2P trying to get more chubby coy caits each day.

in weird luck I just got 9 memory fleece today from the sheep farm, which is nice when I'm trying to save for a ballo weapon
>>
>>1002261
Who are the best non 5* light breakers, by the way? My roster seems to have everything but that.
>>
Yay, finally won the tikilen cup with this not so good team. Lucked out as slicing winds didn't hit any character twice even once. Also don't believe anyone who says you can do it with a lvl 60-65 team without atleast awakening 1. Even with wind res 30% and elem def 30% buffs my characters went down to 100hp from time to time
>>
brehs... does the game not work on bluestacks? won't start up
>>
>>1002798
You need Hyper-V enabled and your bluestacks instance should be on Nougat 64-bit. If it still doesn't work, you're probably shit out of luck.
>>
Well tome guy got deleted. Probably could have killed him in one turn with a slightly more optimal setup.
>>
>>1002945
>one turn
By which I mean one break. Still though, poor guy didn't stand a chance.
>>
>>1002945
Yeah, I actually bring him down turn 3 because my wind damage is that nuts. Wind bias is real and it rules
Anyways, the 30 daily paid pull free 5* for me was Kouren. Anything he has going for him compared to based Fiore, or is he just “gather dust until my main 5*s start capping levels” territory?
>>
>>1002973
Kouren has some pretty insane damage potential so he's worth leveling up, but there's nothing he does at the moment that Fiore can't do at least as well with less effort. He'll be nice to have for Varkyn, but you still have about a month and a half for that so just stick him on your hunt team and bring him along for cait farming and he'll be ready when you need him.
>>
>>1002982
Alright, good to know.
Have the thread mascot being cute (aka always) as thanks
>>
So what are we thinking the special event in August is gonna be?
My guess is probably a nier collab. The event starts at the same time as the Glossom cup and 2B in particular (A2 to a lesser extent) is probably the best unit for it due to covering swords/axe/dark.
At first I was thinking BD, but none of those units are particularly good for Glossom.
>>
>>1003021
Nier is also coming to switch around that time I think.
It could be too early because A2 would particularly break everything, but they released Odette early, so ehh, anything could happen at this point.
>>
>>1003021
Is anyone from BD worth caring about anyways
>>
Give it to me straight: how far can one go with just 3* characters?
>>
Odette has an unique accessory for exchange from banner. It is different from her A4 one. Is there any other way to get that or is it locked to these kinds of banners? It looks really good but I'm not sure if it's worth a few more pulls to get.
>>
>>1003021
>August
?!?!??!
>>
>>1003091
It's not a bad pickup if you're only 1 or 2 multis away from it and also wouldn't mind more silver guidestones, but all the unique accessories will be available from future sacred blaze banners (though the fragments don't carry over between banners so if you skip the accessory now and decide you want it later you'll have to spend 3000 gems all on a single sacred blaze banner in the future). It's a great accessory, but in my opinion not worth going out of your way to pull for as Odette doesn't really struggle with SP and 20 e.atk and speed isn't going to make or break her.
>>
>>1003111
Checked. Thanks. I'll hold off on some more info on the next banners before pulling the trigger on it.
>>
>>1003025
Just to confirm it, Nier has no free units, right? Like, Triangle Strategy had a sword guy and BD a tome one.
>>
>Gilderoy blows Tressa away as a tank across the board save for a few niche utility moves and a stronger spear skill for damage
>everyone says she’s better than him
Waifu bias is real
>>
>>1003025
Eh... I don't think they're interested in maintaining balance. We'll likely be getting Cyrus by like November and he'd do the exact same thing.
>>
>>1003115
>Donate BP
>Sidestep negates physicals and makes her better at tanking those than him
>Rest cures status
>1/fight survive a lethal hit, which can be relevant by letting her take a Weight of Experience once and not fall over
>actually pretty good EATK on top of PATK
>not actually that much worse at tanking

>>1003119
Odette came out after Cyrus, so I’m reasonably sure that he won’t break the game much more than her in practice.
He’s obviously broken but banner schedule is dead as a concept so
>>
>>1003115
Tressa does seem a lot more versatile and the important thing to remember with tanks is that you only need to be tanky enough to survive the strongest hit the enemy can throw at you and additional defenses beyond that are generally kind of wasted. Gilderoy is an absolute chad and amazingly self sufficient with his low HP regen passive and theoretically it looks like he could absolutely crush specific spear-weak fights with his counters (especially once ultimates come out as his definitely seems a fair bit better than Tressa's) so he has potential to go absolutely wild. Donate BP seems like an incredibly strong skill for tougher fights though and as far as our current GL combat goes, I'd definitely rather have Tressa for Tikilen than Gilderoy consider how little he actually has to do against Tikilen once her allies are down. Donate BP seems like it'd be a nice way to close out the fight a little quicker.
>>
given the rate of releases, do we have a projected date for cydawg and nier?
>>
>>1003300
No, because units are being released at almost random dates
Tressa took 3 months to come out in Japan and we had her at launch (granted, it’s Tressa so everyone wanted her ASAP)
Odette came out *after* Cyrus and was the second limited unit in JP
Kouren arrived like 8 months early
Reject expectations and accept chaos
>>
>>1003300
No real predictions since unit order isn't the same.
For example JP got Hasumi near a year after release while we got her in a month.
A common theory is that the "special event" on october 5th of the roadmap is gonna be a collab. JP has had 3 collabs so far (BD, Nier, TS); with BD being a year before the other 2.
However, once again we have no idea what they'll do in NA.
But I personally think we'll get Nier in October instead of BD. October 5th adds the Glossom cup and 2B is by far one of the best units for it weakness wise. They saved Haan'it for Tikilen in global when in JP she was the first release (Haan'it is considered one of the best options for tikilen).
Likewise if they plan on releasing "counter" units alongside the release of cups. November is the release of Varkyn, who Cyrus is extremely strong against too.

On top of that... Odette feels like "serious" bait when they could've just put in Dorothea as the first limited (JP had her as the first). Dorothea is widely seen as an OK unit, while Odette is arguably the best one we have on GLB rn. It wouldn't make sense to bait people for BD collab since those units are extremely mediocre compared to both TS and Nier. Though it'd be nice if they gave us a free Agnes like they did to JP (due to them doing a rollback).
>>
>>1003114
From what I could gather, 9S is sort of a free unit in that. He's available in the Nier banner, but supposedly JP got a free 10-pull with a guaranteed 9S. You won't be able to get him to awakening 4 for free like you can with Serenoa and Elvis, but he's absolutely a better unit than Elvis (who is more like a mediocre 4* with a 5*s stats and levle cap) with his 4x spear, 2x fire aoe and and an assortment of decent support skills. He also comes with Peredir's analyze passive and +40% exp gain for him and his row partner so he's a great qol unit even if he isn't amazing in combat.
>>
>>1003823
>You won't be able to get him to awakening 4 for free like you can with Serenoa and Elvis
Whoa whoa hold up. You saying my boy Serenoa's free AND you can also max awaken him for free?
>>
>>1003839
Yes, although as as I understand it's quite a grind to get there.
>>
>>1003823
Serenoa is in this game?
But he has a kingdom to run with his depressed wife and triumphant tactician.
>>
should I focus more on levels or awekenings for 4*?
>>
>>1003984
Focus levelling till 70, awake later to not miss random exp. Not strictly though, just awaken the 4 stars as you need them because some are critcal in bt fights and tourneys
>>
File: IMG_20220924_181432.jpg (9 KB, 138x138)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>1004003
>because some are critcal in bt fights and tourneys
I see what you did there.
>>
>>1003984
i focus on making them level 65 first to get the extra influence then work on awakenings
>>
>>1003984
I think the general recommended order is as follows:
>raise level cap to 65 for the influence node
>awaken once for the extra stats
>raise level cap to 70 for the BP+1 node
>if you actually need all the active skill slots on your 4* for whatever reason, do the second awakening now
>raise level cap to 72 for the active skill enhancement (usually not relevant but Noelle gets a duration up on her wind RES debuff)
>raise level cap to 74 for the second influence node
>awaken fully
>raise level cap to max

Anyways, back to exp grinding because one of the new areas has random encounters you can clear out super easily with wind and ice AOE so Tressa/Sofia/Noelle/Odette can just blow everything up
>>
>>1004117
I feel like prioritizing awakening 3 over level 70 is the better move. That +1 BP on a 4* is generally not going to make enough of a difference on tough fights to make up for the huge survivability boost from A3. After seeing what pain in the ass it is to keep 4*s alive against Tikilen is, I think awakening characters in preparation for arena fights is probably a better move.
>>
>>1003843
Grind schmind, I played some Korean f2p mmos back in college. Triangle Strategy collab was the thing I said I wanted most for this game to have in my CBT feedback survey and you're saying not only can I get my boy for free but I can also max him out? Hot damn, I WILL have him maxed no matter what it takes (so long as it doesn't take cash kek). Guess that means my TS rubies will be saved for Frederica. Is there a third character for that collab?
>>
>>1004163
I agree on the BP, but that means waiting longer on the influence node. I guess it depends on how much you plan to use the 4*. Someone like Rita just goes to 74 without awakening at all and then you just break up any guidestones of her for shards, for instance. Or you go favoritism in which case you push them to 80 and awakening 3 asap
Also PSA: The elites outside of Donescu and the Misty Falls do not drop Tyrannical weapon upgrade materials. Only the elites in Cyphlo Banks drop them (both parts of the map)
>>
Okay I think I probably replace Lucetta with Odette when I start doing Tikilen runs again. Her damage is too dumb to leave out.
>>
Lurking around the discord server, apparently the stream hosts said to expect something "big" for the special event on October 5th. If this doesn't confirm a collab, I don't know what does.
>>
>>1004204
Roland who is a solid spear user.
Frederica is absolutely the best unit on that collab though; that said, there are good alternatives to her still
>>
Rippletide is the best town and I dare you to prove me wrong
>>
>2x tressa from odette roll
well tressa is supposed to be good right?
>>
File: 1541611924646.jpg (55 KB, 643x1024)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>1004639
You bet!
Enjoy your cute Awakening 1 merchant!
>>
Is it a bad idea to use shards to get seals?
>>
>>1004672
4* seals, sure
5* seals, probably not unless you are absolutely sure you won't use them
>>
>decide to try out the tilkien cup
>it's going pretty well, managed to beat everything on my first try with just my main team
>change into the tilkien-counter tailored team for the finals and before I even get to do anything Viola is dead while the rest of my front row is at half hp

Well, guess I'm not trying it again any time soon
>>
>>1004704
Stabilizing early on is the most difficult part of the fight so if you figure that out, you're already halfway there. If you want to reliably survive turn 1 you ideally want a burst healer whose speed is between 239 and 294. That way you heal up the damage Tikilen does with her aoe and before her allies get to attack you, you heal off the damage so they can't kill anyone. Next turn both her allies will use their physical counter move while Tikilen uses another aoe which gives you briefing room to setup a taunt with your tank and any buffs you might need. Turn 3 all enemies use relatively weak single target attacks so a 5* tank (or a 4* A3 tank, preferably with innate wind resistance) with a turn 2 taunt setup can completely negate it.
>>
>>1004704
Focus on surviving rather than breaking, anon. Heal spam is your best friend.
>>
>>1004725
You can also turn one of the enemies completely harmless if you have a good multihit archer (preferably scarecrow or hanitt)
>>
>>1004704
It's all right, go ahead, Tikilen is worth trying. You just need to constantly refresh regen (Cedric, Menno or ideally Theo), team-wide magic defense buff (Mabel or Ramona, but Mabel is by far better pick, especially if you don't have Theo) and anti-attack on Tikilen all the time. And don't forget to hide Ashlan behind someone fat like Tressa or Devin, there's no point in testing his tankiness before crit-only phase.
>>
>>1004736
>someone fat like Tressa
I know what you mean in context, but you still called her fat so I demand an immediate apology and reparations
Also I'd try to stack a second PATK debuff onto Tikilen since her physical AOE is her scariest attack outside of her charge move.
>>
>>1004736
Regen's been useless in my experience. You either heal full or you die
>>
>>1004742
I can't speak for the 4* regen units, but Theo's regen (even at 4.5* stats) is incredibly helpful here. I could see Ramona and Camilla's passives being very helpful to supplement the weaker potency of Cedric and Menno's regen skills if they don't pack enough of a punch on their own too.
>>
>>1004742
Regen is for healing at the end of the turn, burst is for healing in the middle of the turn, assuming you >>1004722 fulfill the speed requirement.
So it goes something like Tikilen attacks -> Burst heal -> adds attack -> Regen heal. You stay topped up at the end of the turn while having little risk of dying in the middle of the turn to the adds this way.
>>
The end is (kinda) in sight. I don't get the people who grinded this shit out in a matter of days.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (314 KB, 745x722)
314 KB
314 KB PNG
>>1004752
Theo's full party HP regen is 150 potency, whereas Menno is 70 and Cedric is 80.
Running a provoker to draw the single target attacks away from your frailer party members is also super useful if you can ensure they don't fall over from the barrage.
>>1004764
I personally have Tressa taunt turn 1 and have Millard use crushing blow on Tikilen alongside Viola using Anti-Attack. When I first cleared the fight she only lived turn 1 thanks to her 1/fight survive at 1 HP passive but now even if she wasn't A4 she'd be able to take it. Then turn 2 I have Millard do an AOE heal, and then turn 3 I switch Theo in to get the AOE regen going.
Also super important to try and keep Tikilen's shield low but not broken, since the bottom bodyguard will spend her action to repair Tikilen's shield if it's lower than 7 but not broken when her turn comes up. If you can keep her in that range until both bodyguards are dead, the bottom bodyguard will never get to attack you ever again.
>>1004778
People have free time to spare I guess, and even those who spend too much money on this game like me probably would be really happy with a 5* that can just hit level 100 without spending ages waiting. But it's something you can do at your own pace and honestly anything past the accessory and enough guidestones to get to 90 is mostly a luxury

Picture spoiled for being too cute.
>>
>>1004752
Yeah, didn't have theo but mennos regen didn't matter even with ramona's passive.
>>1004764
I did the fight with 6 4stars at lvl 65-68. Even the sub enemy attacks sometimes left them on death's verge, like between 100-200 hp so I just topped everyone with millard the next turn before anyone could attack or use ramona at the tail end of a turn if I feel like I will be in a pinch early next turn.
>>
File: 15849684896.png (144 KB, 1088x276)
144 KB
144 KB PNG
Hi friends,
I recently started this game, could someone explain why pic related advises me to skip Odette's passive skill?
>>
>>1004860
Mostly because most of the time you won't get the damage boost during the turns when it matters (during break) but on the flip side it can mess with your break timings and result in less overall damage. Personally, I took it anyway because generally you can plan around the chance of it triggering to avoid unwanted breaks and it feels nice when it does trigger on a max boost during break, but if you want more control you should probably avoid it.
>>
>>1004863
Ahhhhhhhh, that's so smart!
I see, I thought it was bugged or something, didn't even take my pre-break turn into account.

I'll think on it, as I usually switch my debuffers in the turn I break, so she's not attacking anyway.
Don't think it would be an issue in my case.
>>
>lose mind and spend 150$ pulling out of boredom because I thought I would get lucky and get a 5* Primrose/Therese/Theo
>get a dupe Odette instead, aka A1 on her
>tfw even with Odette having over 200 more EATK compared to her, Tressa *still* outdamages her at AOE wind damage
Potency is a bigger deal than I thought, huh
>>
any Tressa lewds?
>>
>>1005062
>lewding Tressa
Do not.
Have Tressa cute instead
>>
File: 18948894.gif (929 KB, 500x283)
929 KB
929 KB GIF
>>1005037
>roll a 10 on Odette
>ring goes off, sparkles everywhere
>hype hype hype
>three cards
>doki doki
>POWER
>HOLY SHIT, LET'S G-
>Gilderoy
>A2
HahahahahashbuijsabifuidsfhuiashhahahahAHAHAHAHAH
>>
File: 118856.jpg (55 KB, 1081x720)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>1004741
>you called her fat
>you should apologise
No, I don't think I will.
>>1004778
>I don't get the people who grinded this shit out in a matter of days
Dunno, I rushed to get her a Barrette on day one, then took some nuts, and stopped there. Most people probably did the same. Don't wanna grind her guidestones before some powercreep kicks in. My main DPS is Millard spamming Light nuke and bonk nonstop so there's no point in burning myself out in long tedious bouts, considering that in a few weeks I'll upgrade Odette to 5* and get Glossom. Both of them seem quite handy against Tikilen and will probably shorten the rematch by a few minutes.
>>
>>1005094
Based architectbro
>>
File: Spoiler Image (362 KB, 791x705)
362 KB
362 KB PNG
>>1005089
I have him at A4, and his accessory just is used on Tressa for the +15% polearm damage and significant boost to survivability from the defenses (between that and the +600 HP from Tressa's own A4 accessory it's a huge increase)
At least it isn't Millard's A4 accessory, which I use literally just for +40 EATK.
>>1005094
I believe you owe her an apology, or else you might find yourself in a very unfortunate situation soon.
>>
>>1004117
Thanks, I like this idea. I wish the game would memorize our choices for every fight instead of rounds to farm exp faster like in BD
>>
>>1005234
Wait you can have the game remember commands input?
Have a small Hannit for your advice
>>
>>1005241
More like one time moves not inputs
>>
If I ever get a sacred seal of thieves should I class up Heathcote or Viola? I know Heathcote would make farming caits consistent but I'm not sure how valuable that is over Viola who I would bring to every fight
>>
>>1005284
Viola 100%
>>
>>1005284
You wanna get that Double Wide Burst on Viola.
>>
>>1005291
>>1005481
Okay, thanks anons
>>
All I wanted was a scholar or apothecary seal.
>>
>>1005291
>>1005481
Can you explain why Viola is (much) better?

As I see it:
Heath
>260 priority move (great)
>20% additional dmg on weakness (great)
>AoE 2-hit break (great)
Heath seems to be able to DPS far better after 5*, while also gaining some additional utility in his AoE 2-hit break.

Viola
>AoE 2-hit break (great)
>50% increase in drains (meh)
>160 move 1% SP steal (meh)
>20% > 25% def down, lv 88 (amazing)
Viola seems to become a slightly better debuffer at 88, while also gaining some additional utility in her AoE 2-hit break after 5*.

I'm a newfag, so feel free to explain it to me like I'm retarded. I feel like it is rather close, mostly depending on your roster.
>>
File: gfvffdgf.png (847 KB, 700x700)
847 KB
847 KB PNG
>>1005638
>feel free to explain it to me like I'm retarded
Good debuffer > good DPS. And Viola is a great debuffer (and will stay such), while Heathcote's usefulness as a DPS and breaker will fade over time with the introduction of new characters.
This is easier to explain with a concrete example. Let's take the battle against Tikilen, one of the toughest challenges right now. She has a lot of health, she hits hard, she's for some reason afraid of Fans and Light. You'll definitely take Viola to the battle with her, because she will significantly increase the survivability and overall damage of your party, and perhaps save you several times by breaking the right enemy in time on top of what she already can bring to the table.
Heathcote is a better breaker and DPS, but will be practically useless here, except for his safe to use AoE 2-hit Wind break. You'll replace him with any suitable Light DPS that, in addition to breaking, will deal more damage and can do something else as well.
Let's change the conditions. Tikilen is now weak to Daggers and Wind. Heathcote from a good DPS and breaker goes into the category of MVP characters for this bout. But you still take Viola, as she makes Heathcote and rest of your party much stronger and more persistent.
Now what's the point. You can take out Heathcote and replace him with better Wind DPS (there are enough characters out there already) or Dagger DPS (no other Thieves yet, but when they appear, the gap between them and Heathcote won't be as big as it is between him and Wind characters, so he's pretty useful in this matter). But anyway, you can even replace Heathcote with someone who deals less damage than him. And even under these rare and ideal conditions for Heathcote, despite being able to remove him, you wouldn't want to take Viola out. She'll be just as incredibly helpful as she was.
>>
my seethe over blowing my stash and not getting odette has finally subsided
all my 4 stars can go to 65 now and a lot of them have more than one awakening
n-now i can do tikilen haha....
>>
>>1005710
I get where you're coming from, you're saying that even if Viola gets less benefit from 5*, her general usability still makes her the better pick.

On that note, is there any character that contests with Viola for her slot in the team on JP?
>>
File: 1661761132267352.jpg (102 KB, 640x442)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>>1005817
>even if Viola gets less benefit from 5*, her general usability still makes her the better pick
Yep, 4.5 Viola has already carved out a place for herself in each of your parties against serious opponents for months ahead. Her 5* kit and -25% P/Mdef debuff upgrade are just the icing on the cake. 4.5 Heathcote, if he stays that way, will become an outsider way too soon. Given that, mayhap it's better to upgrade him and take usage of his 5* kit while it lasts. The choice is yours, although I would still strengthen Viola.
>is there any character that contests with Viola for her slot in the team on JP?
Kinda, but it rather depends on what you want. For example, Falco is a great Thief for aggressive parties: 3-hit break on one target, 2-hit AoE break, 20% M/Pdef debuff (slightly shorter and weaker than Viola's) and two passive abilities that add damage. Or Therion. Most of the rest are either too random, too weak (in terms of debuffs that's it) or lack the variety that Viola has.
>>
>>1005749
Good luck bro!
>>
How useful will Gilderoy be for Glossom cup?
>>
>>1005879
Looks like he'll be pretty decent for it assuming Glossom hits anywhere near as hard as Tikilen (which I have no doubt he will), though Tressa is definitely better suited for the fight overall. Unlike with Tikilen, Gilderoy can't really do anything useful to Glossom's allies, but Glossom himself is weak to spear so it kinda evens out. After seeing what a Chad he is against Tikilen, I'm definitely looking to bring him to my Glossom team too.
>>
File: 219486655984.png (21 KB, 666x434)
21 KB
21 KB PNG
>40
>>
>cait hunts tomorrow
Can't wait for all my 5*s to ram level caps!
>>
>>1006768
Sounds like I should take my maxed 3 stars out of my hunt teams that I use to hit the influence thresholds and try to get my 5 stars to their level 80 caps. Watch this be the one time I would get a gold seal if I was getting more than one treasure chest at the end.
>>
File: FVDrkcdaIAMw74H.jpg (98 KB, 1234x1083)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>1006830
I'd still prioritize the influence thresholds for that reason
Anyways time to sleep until the new step-up hits so I can do step 1 and ignore everything else
>>
>>1006768
>Cait Hunts
>>
Now the double gold warrior seals sting even harder. I've already got Theo in line for a seal and now it's piling up. Can't complain though after getting this on step 1 and Odette for 330 rubies even if they're both stuck at 4* for now.
>>
soo uhh where are these cait hunts?
>>
>>1007255
There.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (154 KB, 1335x1359)
154 KB
154 KB JPG
So we're getting the Bravely Default collab next week. Is there anyone of note from that collab?
Am I about to give Tressa even more of my money?
>>
80 rolls no odette
all my easy free rubies depleted.
is how it is.
>>
>>1007262
No one you desperately need to pull for, but could be worse too. Elvis is a free lightning scholar, but his kit kinda sucks with no multi-hit moves save for a 2x tome attack and his only half decent support option being a single target 20% lightning res down. He does have a big, fat single target lightning nuke but that's pretty much the only thing he's got going for him.

Agnes is Millard+ but still lacks the oomph of later clerics. She's definitely good, but her only real standout quality is the fact that she's the first actually good cleric we have. Notably, she's the first character available with a revive skill.

Adelle has good dagger damage potential with a 260 power dagger nuke that always crits at max boost along with a +30% damage on crit passive and a 3x shield break, but that's really all she does aside from aoe light shield shaving.

Edea's just a decent warrior. 2x aoe fire, 3-hit single target sword and taunt. 20% damage on hitting weakness. Not great, not bad.
>>
since this odette banner gave me a lot of mats to awaken my 4 stars
should i just disregard the fame/wealth/power of hunts so i can use both to get 10 guidestones a day for my 5 stars?

i have no .5s to work on currently
>>
Do collabs have guaranteed step ups? I want Agnes, but she's not worth a spark, even if I had 6k.
>>
Cait Hunts still have the same drop rates, right? I'm did one to check how it is, but the exp is so low that the only positive thing seems to be the lower power/wealth/fame needed for chests.
>>
>>1007346
Collabs do have the needed amount to spark cut in half
So you’d only need 3k to spark Agnes
>>
Does anyone have some good guide for the Super-bosses? The info I find on google seems to be for jp only and I think they changed things in Global?

Old hunter was pretty easy. But the Scholar is sort of annoying. Acording to the Guide I found he only reflects after his second break but that was a fat Lie. Is it HP% based maybe?
>>
>>1007388
They start after 50% health.
>>
>>1007394
Okay I see. His fight honestly feels pretty fucking shitty with that Big-ass aoe just wiping everything on top of the Elemental Reflect. I guess Wind-damage is a meme on that fight when he is Below 50%

Hopefully the others don't have shitty aoe like that
>>
Wind is still pretty good there, just save it for break
>>
File: Spoiler Image (178 KB, 835x797)
178 KB
178 KB PNG
>>1007321
So Edea's an easy skip, since I already have Fiore and Kouren for 5* swords, the Viola + Lynette combo for fire, and Tressa for provoke (and technically Gilderoy if Tressa is better off just spearing things to death). She does have a 5* skill that's 2-5 hits of light based on boost, but she's a warrior and considering Tikilen needs a 150 EATK unique accessory to try and compensate for that, it sounds more like a gimmick than anything else.
So that leaves Adelle and Agnes. Agnes has a revive and ST regen (full party if at max boost) and can hit 2x ST wind, 2x AOE staff, and 1x ST light. However, her passives are worse than Millard's by a massive margin, she has no damage boosts from passives, and her only AOE is that staff move when she's a cleric and has no PATK worth mentioning.
Adelle has the Scarecrow problem of two damage boosting passives, except compounded by both of them being unreliable to have active (since one is if you crit and the other is if the target is poisoned). She also has absolutely no utility outside of breaking for the party (in contrast to Viola's debuffs) and has no AOE shield break move (unlike Viola or Heathcotte). All she really has going for her is the 260 potency + autocrit at max boost 1x dagger move and her 3x ST dagger shield break. Seems like an easy skip.
Elvis's only real problem is no multi-hit lightning. He can heal in a pinch, he has a lightning resistance debuff, and as you mentioned he can nuke a lightning weakness very well. Might actually be better than Therese for that purpose just because she doesn't seem to have any high power moves?

Overall this seems like massive bait I'll try for Agnes anyways because her sprite is cute
Also have a cute Tressa
>>
>>1007451
>her passives are worse than Millard's by a massive margin
Sure, but she's also a lot less SP hungry than Millard thanks to her regen and can just chuck a boost on her burst heal in a pinch to match Millard's healing potency if she really needs it.
>she's a cleric and has no PATK worth mentioning
Her damage doesn't really matter though. Her 2x staff aoe is for breaking, which she's generally a fair bit better at than Millard thanks to better elemental coverage and having multi-hit attacks.
>Elvis's only real problem is no multi-hit lightning
Having no multi-hit to speak of is a pretty big weakness. Breaking should not be undervalued and it's pretty sad how every 4* scholar does it better than Elvis. His kit is absolutely pathetic, especially if you compare him to Noelle who has him beat in everything but raw power.
>He can heal in a pinch
How often have you ever actually needed to use a single target heal? That's so low down the utility scale it's just barely above worthless.
>>
Does anyone know if JP has ever had a rerun of a collab? Some gacha games I've played have had collab reruns over the years, but others have an absolute rule of collabs only ever occurring once and never again due to contract bullshit. God how I wish we could get two free complete step ups of Agnes' step up like JP got, she would be really good for me as someone who doesn't have Millard or Theo.
>>
>>1007471
Yeah, I do agree Agnes is better than Millard, I’m just wondering if she’s that big of an upgrade to be worth chasing her beyond “cute”
also did the step up and got a useless Millard dupe and a 5* Lumis; at least I finally have a 5* apothecary now
>>
Any good guides that show all the BT NPCs' weaknesses and gimmicks? Thinking I might try one today for the first time.
>>
>>1007528
Spear lady: weak to fire and bow, double casts skills at below 50%
Tome guy: weak to dagger and wind, counters magic at below 50% and has a single target one shot nuke he uses randomly.
Axe guy: weak to staff and dark, heavy damage + bleed
Fan guy: weak to light and fan, spams paralysis
>>
>>1007528
I had a big post but had to eat dinner and >>1007544 covered the important stuff.
One thing to note, they all share a turn limit of 15 turns. After that, they start using a 9999 damage AOE to the front row. You get a 1 turn warning where they apply a buff to remove status effects, and they still can be broken so don't take that as a flat "YOU LOSE" turn limit. (I had one BT run where it fired off twice and I still won because Tressa survived the first use due to her passive and thus Sofia was still alive after the second use to just barely finish him off)
They have a 10% chance to drop a BT weapon when beaten (this can include the first clear where you get it from their inventory!), and every 20 hours you can fight one you've already beaten for a historic fragment that'll be useful eventually.

Anyways back to leveling up Lumis in case she ends up useful for Glossom.
>>
>>1007544
>>1007551
thanks frens
>weak to staff and dark
>weak to light and fan
fuuuuuuck
Myabe I will try spear first, then tome.
>>
>>1007243
Hell yeah brother, I just did the first step and got 4.5* Lumis too! I've never seen a gold seal appear, but I've been using Shelby since launch and now it's time to upgrade! I hope I get that gold seal sometime this year...
>>
I'm going to keep saving for my girl A2 even if that may take several months
>>
>>1007579
Same. Bravely's looking for a skip for me, I like A2 and 2B more than all of those characters. Triangle Strategy's the big one for me but hopefully that won't be til halfway into 2023. Kind of concerning how fast characters are releasing though, with the tiny trickle of rubies we get.
>>
>>1007581
Honestly with there not being that many “must haves” it’s probably fine
I do wish we had more rubies for free though
>>
Actually, is there anything important from the BD collab beyond the gacha bait and freebie scholar? I remember something about a fan that you want for Lynette, but is there anything else of note in terms of equipment?
I was looking on the spreadsheet and for some reason Elvis has an A4 accessory. Is it even possible to get that or is that just there to taunt you since he's not pullable and thus can't be awakened?
>>
>>1007576
Same, no golden seal at all, only difference is that I need one for Odette. I've just started to saving up silver shards, as I've lost hope of any golden seal dropping, let alone the one I need.
>>
Slowly getting tired of the daily/gacha stuff. I might just play the story whenever it gets updated and leave it at that
>>
File: 1531777867351.png (324 KB, 845x548)
324 KB
324 KB PNG
>>1007606
I need golden seals for Primrose, Theo (since he actually seems better than Lumis for most purposes?), Therese, and Eliza. At least where I'm doing the hunts if I do get a gold seal I'll be able to use it on the spot, so that's nice.
>>1007607
I just realized I'm actually good on the equipment grind for innocent and fenrir weapons, since I was able to make two of each T3 innocent and fenrir weapon and anything past that seems overkill when there will eventually be better weapons in the future (technically I need one more day for a T3 innocent bow, but whatever).
So now I only need to do the tyrannical weapon elites (~5-10 minutes), the nameless town stuff (which takes maybe 3 minutes), and the BT NPCs for the historic fragments (~15 minutes if even that, and I'm not even sure what they're used for outside of BT weapons)
But yeah if you're suffering burnout, just listen to the disclaimer the game tells you every time you start it. Take it at your own pace!
also buy Octopath 2 when it comes out
>>
>>1007579
I'm personally saving for Araune, while throwing 150 gems at a few banners here and there.

Who are the rest of you guys saving for?

>>1007607
Best way to play,
>>
>>1007619
>Who are the rest of you guys saving for?
Too many, I'm boned as a f2p. For permanents, there's the meta picks of Ophelia, Alfyn, Cyrus, Cecily, Zanter, and Therion. For OG Octopath, H'aanit is my fave girl and Oberion is my fave guy, so even if they suck I hope to luck into them eventually. I don't know many of the limiteds, but I definitely want Richard who's apparently also really good but I would've wanted him regardless after playing through MoA. For collabs, A2, 2B and all the TS chars are musts for me.

In the meanwhile, I'm only do pulls that cost 150, but I broke that rule and went for Odette and got her 5* in six ten pulls because she seemed really good, has fantastic long term value, and helps patch some holes in my roster.
>>
>>1007619
My priority is on A2 right now.
>>
I hear this game has missables, what point of no return should I look out for?
>>
>>1007638
Only missables I can think of are the chests in Edoras Castle in Chapter 8 of Master of All and the items the NPCs are carrying in Taviani's place in Valore that disappear after Chapter 1 or 2 of Master of Wealth.
Speaking of Edoras Castle, it's technically not a missable, but you should kill 100 Edoras Soldiers when you're in there because it's a while before they come back. Luckily it's child's play as every enemy in every encounter there is of that type.
The point of no return is through the door next to the healing flame in the back of the castle.
>>
Wew, I did it!
>100 rubies
Wow! This was tough though. My wind is getting pretty stacked, so maybe I'll go do tome guy tomorrow.
>counters magic at below 50%
Shit, does that mean I gotta rely just on on my one dagger character for the final half? Hopefully the counters don't hurt too much. At least I have Tressa's best spear for now. Don't use any other spears so I probably won't grind this fight for now.
>>
>>1007360
Why were Cait Hunts hyped again? As far as I see, it's only really better than other hunts if your units are under level 45/65 for the lower influence limits. Even then, you can only ever get Warrior/Apoth/Dancer/Scholar seals, they should have spread the 8 jobs between the two hunts. It doesn't even give out rubies on first clear, and less treasure = less EXP nuts. I'd rather keep doing manuals, at least you get rubies and generic guidestones from the feats.
>>
>>1007673
>Shit, does that mean I gotta rely just on on my one dagger character for the final half?
You can still use wind for damage during breaks. You just can't use it to bring down shields.
>>
>>1007661
>chests in Edoras Castle
>100 Edoras Soldiers
Thanks, I will make sure to do these
>>
>>1007679
The one big thing is that if you are hoping for warrior/apoth/dancer/scholar seals, the drastically lower influence requirements mean you can just cram every 5* you own into a single team for the guidestones and not miss out on the seal chance
Unless you're me and have a 4.5* for all four of those, just do them once each for the New Area feat progress and then go back to regular hunts.
>>1007673
Congrats! Don't worry, the refights get easier as you become more used to them and have higher levels/better equipment/possibly new units.
You could probably do the BT tome now too, given your access to Viola, Scarecrow, and Tressa. Just hope you don't get booked into oblivion.
>>
lol Odette is so broken that some people are actually beating the level 100 NPC in Flamesgrace with her and everyone was saying those wouldn't be doable at all without sleep abuse for months
>>
>>1007346
i seen nier in JP had paid only step up maybe this one too
>>1007619
At first its cyrus but now its ophellia, i can't even play arena content because i lack good healer so might as well just save 6k for one of the best
Hope she comes first before the powercreep scholar guy
>>
Hey, that's nice!
Apparently when it ran in Japan, the only part of the Bravely Default collab that was temporary was the banner itself. Everything else (Elvis as a freebie unit and his traveler story, the hunts and the equipment made from material gotten from those hunts, and the superboss I didn't know existed until just now) is permanent and can be done whenever you want.
Why does this gacha respect my time more than actual AAA games do these days?
>>1007719
Unfortunately Ophelia will probably not come for a while because she apparently blows every other cleric in the game out of the water in every single regard. At least you'll definitely have 6k for her when she arrives!
>>
Uh, so where are the chubby caits in the special hunts?
>>
>>1007673
>Shit, does that mean I gotta rely just on on my one dagger character for the final half?
You can still use wind during a break and to initiate a break. Additionally, if your damage output is good enough you can also hold back during the first break and leave him at just above 50% and kill him during the second break before he ever goes into his counter phase.
>Hopefully the counters don't hurt too much.
The counters will almost certainly one shot your entire front row.
>>
>>1007606
>>1007576
I've gotten 1 (one) golden seal so far, which let me upgrade Gilderoy. Meanwhile Kouren is forever stuck in the 4* hell.
>>
File: 1664344846025500.jpg (230 KB, 2048x1300)
230 KB
230 KB JPG
>>1007624
>In the meanwhile, I'm only do pulls that cost 150, but I broke that rule and went for Odette and got her 5* in six ten pulls because she seemed really good, has fantastic long term value, and helps patch some holes in my roster

Are you me anon? That's pretty much the same game plan I have been following. The only expense I pay for this game is the Level-up pack once In a while so I can do the Dailey pull. Been working my way towards the 30 pull pity on that banner. You can pull once a day for 10-paid rubies so it's not the worst and it takes the top off the need to pull witch my f2p rubies
>>
File: 1663349070566197.gif (3.44 MB, 400x259)
3.44 MB
3.44 MB GIF
>>1007909
>You can still use wind during a break and to initiate a break. Additionally, if your damage output is good enough you can also hold back during the first break and leave him at just above 50% and kill him during the second break before he ever goes into his counter phase.

Not that anon. But that's a really good idea! Think I'll try it out myself. Dps is not my issue it's more the lack of a brain and reliable Dagger users besides Viola. His random aoe is also pretty rough since it will Ko my whole frontline if he decides to ruin my day
>>
File: 1664468620982.png (614 KB, 2048x1954)
614 KB
614 KB PNG
>get to Peredir's Adventurer story
>has an archeologist rival named Morbidus
>Peredir even has a voice line to call him out
>think back to pic related the entire time
I really needed a week away from the Internet after that one

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.