[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vmg/ - Video Games/Mobile

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 35 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Happy 19th Birthday 4chan!

File: 20220904_170636.jpg (207 KB, 1080x1920)
207 KB
207 KB JPG
New season is starting.
Nita is meta.
Gear rework in October.
>>
Trust the plan.
>>
The game takes even longer to load the match, and by the time it start there's already some fucker attacking me with an OP brawler. Also they seem to have removed 7 maps in showdown for no fucking reason, which sucks because some of them provide a little more advantage for long/mid range brawlers, and not only tanks, assassins and legendary (which is like 80% of what everyone uses).

What the fuck are they doing?
>>
Just lost 50 trophies trying to get sprout to rank 20. Loser's queue is real.
>>
Sam seems really clunky based on the footage I've seen thus far.
>>
>again there is no Safety Center in rotation

At least Skull Creek is back.
>>
If you guys had to rework one brawler, who would it be and what would you do?
>>
>>981833
otis is hot garbage. not sure how I will change his kit.

In for the grind on lola powerleague skin.

Do anyone know when Gus comes out?
>>
>>981862
Honestly, I was going to say I would change Otis too. He has interesting potential to shut down an enemy.

Lol I'm on the same grind for the Lola skin too. Say what you will, but BS knows how to make some fine women
>>
>>981833
Maybe Meg, all her gadgets and star powers are deffensive. Instead of that stupid tool box that nobody uses they could have given her something like a rocket launcher, a bomb or the ability to break walls with her robot arms, idk.
>>
>>981862
They said it was for the end of september, i'm saving boxes from the brawl pass to get him as soon as possible, good thing is super rare.
>>
>>981862
otis is probably the most boring chromatic. only brawl pass i didn't get.
>>
>>981869
I like the idea of being able to have a star power that tightens Meg's mech's spread. Instead of hitting a wide area, you would now have a much more narrow projectile path. You could hit only one or two enemies instead of a group, but you could focus on doing damage to a single enemy instead of crowd control.

The toolbox would work if it allowed Meg's mech to deal extra damage but increase the amount of health lost per second. Overcharge it or something.

>>981877
Yeah, the Deep Sea Brawl felt so empty it's no wonder that the team released a video detailing their plans for the future. I was expecting something along the lines of paintball bombs in the arena that you and your team could shoot to detonate or a pirate queen skin for Penny.
>>
>>981866
Everything about her skin is pretty much great. Only thing, I didn't really like her face makeup.

It helps that I love the steampunk/western attire. Had many faps towards clementine from westworld.
>>
>>981833
Egar.
You either get fucked or you do the fucking.
There's no inbetween.
>>
>>981869
Honestly hate playing as Meg. She's weak on her own, trying to get damage in for the Super is a pain. Honestly, I'd take dealing a less damage if it meant I get to keep the robot instead of it dropping health.
>>
>>981892
Edgar is unbalanceable.

He will be either too OP in solo or team comp
>>
File: 1651495100499.jpg (57 KB, 564x752)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>981833
I always thought that Bibi's first hit should stun an enemy if they were to hit a wall, but maybe that might be busted given she can follow u real quick with her swings.
>>
>>981833
Rework ash so he doesnt have the highest dps, sky high health, longest melee range, and movement speed boosts. Retardedly broken brawler
>>
>>982973
*angry scot noises intensify*
>>
What’s the best way to get more purple goypoints? Really want that Lola skin
>>
>>983665
You can only get them at end of Trophy League and during Power League.
>>
>>983665
if you low trophy brawlers, grind it out on them, then their the challenges which will gain you starpoints for beating.

But just get the 60 win challenges first. You can always get her down the line.
>>
The game has collapsed..
>>
Friendly reminder that ash still has the highest dps, longest melee range, sky high health, instant healing, and movement speed boosts. The dude in charge of balance needs to be fired.
>>
got otis from the free box. too bad he's so boring.
>>
havent played in 5 months. is the game still shit?
>>
https://youtu.be/2YGXOPFcYS8
>>
>>984764
he's only good on maps with a lot of grass/walls and can easily be countered. he's very good but he's not as broken as you think he is
>>
New PvE mode feels so gimmicky, screw running around the arena to get the coins and hope that the other two players don't drop
>>
>>986185
>easily countered
Unless youre on an open map with no bushes and walls, which are very few, then thats just not true at all
>>
>>987568
It's literally the same old safe defense game but this time the safe moves.
>>
>>987881
>but this time the safe moves.
Right in the direction of the enemies, right into the waiting arms of the Gold Punches and the Gold Roombas, right into the loss screen over and over and over
Unless 8-bit can be wrangled into a corner and shut off there, it's a horrible experience
>>
>>984534
Oh I thought I had to get 25 before the season ends. So I can just get my 5k reward from end of season and then buy her later?
>>
>>988418
You can cage 8bit in a number of ways, really the only option seems to be to not fight the bots, at all.
I got to insane 16 yesterday using the “get 8bit’s ass into a wall and leave him there” strat. The difficulty (if you are not exploiting the bots AI) is overtuned and the mode becomes nigh impossible around insane 4 or 5.
The entire mode is mechanically flawed for the map is too large and the bots too many to both defend 8bit and take advantage of the extra coins. It doesn’t help that 8bit’s AI is utterly and hopelessly retarded with his love of hugging any enemy in sight, big boss in particular. Healing him is not worth as he will just get himself killed as soon as you do, so in the end you have a safe that you can kite around for a while with far less hp and with harder waves than robo rumble.
>>
File: dog-furry.gif (235 KB, 220x275)
235 KB
235 KB GIF
"Turn into a cat if you have felt the warmth of a woman"
Edgar, Mortis, and Crow players:
>>
What's going on with the loading time? Can't even play doubles without being within 1 second of dying to already active teams
>>
Finally have all brawlers on at least power level 10 (except Sam). 12 brawlers are on power level 11. Looking forward to the gear changes.
>>
>>991178
I been having issues as well.

Finally had good team mates and won one of those challenges thing.

Wish I would have won with the lion emote.

Not sure why they brought back the big robot gimmick for this challenge. Feel like they should reserve it for once in awhile and not exhaust it.
>>
>sam just bounces his super off the wall to heal from 200 hp to full in about 3 seconds
is this intentional?
>>
File: sams.png (266 KB, 1080x1399)
266 KB
266 KB PNG
>completely ruins the game balance
heh, nothing personal kid
>>
I guess Gus is coming out in six days.
>>
fuck bros

I accidentally bought the stupid mega box deal near the free item of the day.

So fucking annoying.

Had enough gems to buy next season pass and a 150 skin (if any of the halloween skins are good)
>>
>>995843
It was already ruined
>>
>>981963
Bibi main here
I think Bibi is falling off and what she needs is a mechanism for keeping up with the first hit's knockback. Because right now if a competent enemy is keeping distance from you it becomes impossible to kill them unless you surprise them from a bush or they have their backs against a wall, because your first hit will knock them away from your range.
If it was a star power I'd take it over both of her current starpowers
>>
I have permanently banned Sam from all my Power League games, he will not be permitted to play with me under any circumstances forever
>>
>>996243
You just don't get it it was 3x the value!!

Seriously though fuck supercell, at one point or another I'd like to make a yt video about ftp monetization.
>>
>>996844
This.
>>
>>996700
Like, maybe an instant speed boost?
>>
I don't think Sam is even that good. He struggles against tank counters often more than other tanks.
>>
File: 1656769269431.png (109 KB, 516x541)
109 KB
109 KB PNG
>>996844
I usually exclusively banned EMZ.

Hate that bitch.

I usually play with Bibi though
>>
>>996849
Don't know why these pricks put the 60 retarted gem mega box next to the free token of the day.

I wonder how frequently this happen in the algorithm

This is why I will never deposit money for these jabroni
>>
>>997253
Why would you ban EMZ as Bibi? Just get the speed starpower and rush her down.
>>
>>997144
he is retardedly broken, you can just spam your super against a wall and have perma speed boost and the sp is also super busted and gives him basically infinite hp regen
>>
File: JointPics_20220919_162552.jpg (601 KB, 2400x2160)
601 KB
601 KB JPG
Surprise balance changes. Gus got buffed prerelease.
>>
>otis now does 8280 damage with three shots
>extra 1530 damage from his super
Actually fucking busted.
>>
>>998028
ALSO, since his super now deals damage, it actually recharges itself by 25% of full charge.
>>
>>998032
Similar to crow's poison, otis's super now makes enemies visible in bushes and makes it take more time for them to start healing.
>>
>>998019
>sam, carl, griff, and the stunt show bitches have the game in a choke hold
>nerf Surge and make otis broken
These people have no idea what theyre doing huh
>>
>>998077
They actually did buff-nerf stu in this update.
>>
>>998079
that percentage of additional hp is shit, the only reason he became good again was because of the glitch
>>
Sam is an FtM transgender, hence the name Sam (Samantha->Sam)
He’s stunning and brave and if you don’t like him being the best brawler in the game you’re a hateful bigot acting in bad faith
>>
Has Otis redeemed himself?
>>
I hate user maps but love launching people into the gas with the spring pads during showdown
>>
>>998077
it's actually fucking insane how janet and bonnie are still so broken. the balance guy is clueless
>>
>>1002235
Stats don't support your claim.
>>
Do I max Sam or Gus first? Sam sp looks broken but I'm not guaranteed to open it
>>
First impressions of Gus?
>>
>>1002859
Both feel very clunky. But if you're desperate for a new playable character, Gus if you want to play as a team, Sam if you want to solo curbstomp noobs.
>>
File: 20220923_155000.jpg (384 KB, 1920x1080)
384 KB
384 KB JPG
Now that we've reached 60 brawlers, how many more can Supercell add until it becomes too much?
>>
Can supercell just accept that Carl is a failed concept and remove him from the game already? He is probably the most broken brawler in the game's history. His entire existence has been either being op as fuck or bottom of the barrel trash. He hasnt been, isn't, and will never be balanced and they should just rip the band aid off now before more people leave because of shit balance.
>>
>>1002996
Don't use Carl much, I know they changed his coal gadget and that's it. What makes him busted?
>>
>>997288
She a hard encounter to Bibi especially once she uses her super.
>>
>>1002971
It's already too much. They need to slow down and come up more original ideas.
>>
Why did they even need to buff otis? He was already an excellent brawler who had high damage, easy to land shots to prevent healing, broken super, and great gadget. Why make a strong brawler even stronger instead of fixing shit brawlers?
>>
>>1002997
A lot of the problem lies in his main attack, when his attack speed is too slow he cant land his damage consistently thus making him shit but when he can land it consistently he becomes oppressive because its such a good attack (good zoning, can hit brawlers behind walls, can do unload lots of damage using walls to lower reload speed). Supercell doesnt like touching his damage numbers for some reason which would be the best bet at balancing him. Also his super + flying hook gadget + protective pirouette SP make him one of the best assassins in the game.

Carl just has so many delicate pieces in his kit that can make him broken if made a little too strong and shit tier if made too weak. I do not think the retard in charge of balancing is up to the challenge of maintaining him so it would probably be best to rework him or just remove him since his character is annoying as hell anyways
>>
>>1003685
otis was complete dogshit before the buff
>>
I fucking hate playing with new noobs in the 8 bit game mode.

dumb fucks keep running to the stupid coin.
>>
LIVE through 16 rounds of Knockout?
For 500 points?
Fuck that, rerolling, get the fuck out of here
>>
>>1003954
No he wasnt lol. He was very good just outclassed by certain brawlers which of course made tier list fags put him low
>>
I’m literally crying right now I can’t understand why god is punishing me like this every power league game i have literal children picking level 1 characters or playing like bots. I win 1 for every 4 losses and demoted 50 times and every win I have to fight tooth and nail for
>>
>>1004208
Anon know when to quit, if the game wants to tilt you to oblivion, IT WILL, no amount of extra games will change that. Give it a go another day.
>>
>>1004208
I went 0-4 on the last challenge, lmao, couldn't even be mad any more at my teammates
Welcome to loser's quene
>>
>>1004208
Solo queue is hell no matter where you are, as soon as you get out of low elo mexican shitty hell you start getting sweatlords who will throw the game at the drop of a hat. Getting a team is the only way to play power league while keeping your sanity intact.
>>
>>1003944
First step to balancing Carl is getting rid of power throw. It's not nearly as interesting a star power as protective pirouette and only serves to make it harder to balance his pickaxe speed because they constantly have to consider how fast his pickaxe will be with this starpower. Carl's pickaxe speed is the single most important and delicate stat in his whole kit and power throw just makes it more difficult to balance. Once they get rid of power throw they can just lower his pickaxe speed by 3% a patch until his win rates are acceptable instead of doing massive changes every 2 months and making Carl op or garbage.
Its not just Carl, Supercell balance team fucking up the meta is on purpose, look at recent changes for example. First they over nerf sandy to oblivion, then they give huge buffs to poco. Poco got insane 14% damage boost. Its obvious poco was going to end up OP, they just wanted to shake up the mid range meta which sandy dominated for so long
>>
>>1004024
He had some of the worst win rates in the game at both high and low ladder, 0 competitive usage and the meta for example with Max is just bad for him cause harder to hit shots on fast people. Now he does a lot more damage so don't have to hit as often and super does damage recharging itself makes it so much better at recycling it and shutting down enemies supers. He was garbage now he's op
>>
>>1004306
Carl's Power Throw has always been a set value, in fact it only got changed (nerfed) once since it was added.
The reason he is OP now is partly because the meta makes his usual counters unviable and partly because the base projectile speed buff made Protective Pirouette the choice star power for Carl.
If anything Protective Pirouette needs a nerf.
>>
File: export.png (110 KB, 1125x590)
110 KB
110 KB PNG
>that fucking mortis
>>
I've literally never in my life tried joining a "Club",
what are your guys' experiences with them?

Would you guys join mine if I made one?
>>
>>1006319
I won't join your gay club but I will tell you that you're missing huge amount of progression by not being in one. You get 700+ club points per week, which you can use to buy ~1200 power level points for any brawler of your choosing. Every. Fucking. Week.
>>
>>1005992
No way penny has a win rate that high, literally every penny player is braindead
>>
I can’t figure out if I really enjoy playing Gus or just cause he’s OP
>>
>>1006795
I don’t get even nearly as many club points. Is it dependent on the club? Like how active the members are? I’m progressing very slowly because my only way to get upgrade material is through chests.
>>
>>1008876
You need to join an active club with almost full members to get the max rewards. The league your club is in doesn't really matter, though it will naturally be high if people are active.
>>
>>1008957
I’ll have to look for another club then. I’ve been playing on and off since launch but I barely have any brawlers at power level 9 and it takes me forever to get them there
>>
Another balance patch without a nerf to undoubtedly the most broken brawler in brawl stars, Ash. No counterpicks, no counterplay, just run into the enemy and win
>>
best gears for Bull? Also what’s the better star power
>>
>>1009479
In my eyes, the gadgets are pretty much equal. Shield SP is generally better but the reload one can have some use in heist.
>>
>>1009940
Damage gear and/or speed gear for bushy maps.
>>
>>1009942
Thanks, I’ve just been using reload cause it’s more fun desu
So damage/heath or damage/shield in a non bushy map?
>>
>>1010035
Damage+shield is a useful all-rounder since the star power helps you keep the gear active longer. On really bushy maps, you can opt to switch the gear to speed.
>>
Jacky Frank Meg Sandy I have below power 9 but I'm not sure I wanna bother leveling them up. Any counterarguments for any of them?
>>
>>1010552
New gear system will make all of them viable.
>>
File: 1664826034234.jpg (26 KB, 240x294)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
Sam is great fun. Perma speed boost on demand on a melee feels pretty broken. Sadly I don't have the gadget or the star power yet, but he feels like an unstoppable racecar with just his basic kit.

Hate getting his gloves stuck though, and picking them up is a bit clunky sometimes.
>>
>>1011338
He's getting nerfed hard at the end of the season.
>>
How to find an active club to join? I'm around 20k trophies.
>>
>>1011904
There's a search club function in the game. Just pick the highest trophy club it shows you.
>>
Is mortis good?, i want to buy his new skin

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.