[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vmg/ - Video Games/Mobile

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 169 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

File: tatrock_B.gif (277 KB, 402x450)
277 KB
277 KB GIF
Grind those caits

iOS: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/octopath-traveler-cotc/id1597675715
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.square_enix.android_googleplay.octopathw&hl=en_US&gl=US

Useful stuff
Jp wiki: https://game8.jp/octopathtraveler-sp
character info: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oAKR3NWK8vb7BDQd0Insjm2JJo_hfmx8I4rOl9-7sPI/edit#gid=1878827387
recruitable npcs: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vwcnklKUmigyJzPcaClQatFQkiwVJz-ypbf2MVYrSHA/edit#gid=0
>>
File: tress.jpg (131 KB, 1179x1200)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
>OP isn't Tressa
total failure on the OP a shame a shame
>>
Step up is back
I got my 3rd scarecrow from it
wow
>>
>news implies they're only looking to compensate people who did the 5th step
that's definitely a sour taste

>>939713
i really wish i didn't see whatever this is because going in blind for the big reveal during a boss fight is a big part of the experience
>>
>>939749
>news implies they're only looking to compensate people who did the 5th step
Fuck fuck fuck I will rage. That's a tremendous coup for f2p in such a stingy game. Why didn't I blow all my rubies on it?
>>
>>939749
Lame, had enough for the last step but the banner went into maint. Back to rerolling.
>>
>>939749
rip
they're technically correct compensation-wise but it's a really sour taste

>>939759
because the compensation may not be worth it? i'd just assume i'd get milliard or gilderoy and move on desu
>>
File: Spoiler Image (26 KB, 350x263)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>939713
>Game has crossed over with other SE games
>Game has crossed over with another 2DHD game
What are the odds my boy get is? If any devs are reading this know I would whale like crazy if he does.
>>
Copium, but I hope they do a general compensation for everyone plus some extra for those that actually went to step 5.
>>
>>939778
Would be absolutely amazing. They just got Triangle Strategy in JP, so it's definitely a possibility.
>>939789
That's pretty standard, I've seen it happen in other games. Not getting my hopes up though.
>>
I'd be a lot more invested in this game if it had a native PC port and didn't have to deal with a text-heavy JRPG and these long boss battles on a tiny-ass mobile screen.
I don't know why these devs still refuse to do it. I ended up playing a lot more of Mobius FF than I would because it had a steam client for both versions.
>>
>88 Rubies as a reward for 1,000,000 downloads
Suddenly I don’t feel too good about compensation…
>>
>>939817
You will eat your 3 Nuts (S) and like it (3 Nuts (M) if you pulled step 5) and like it.
>>
File: 1659582501317.jpg (706 KB, 1544x720)
706 KB
706 KB JPG
Post em. Had to bench Peredir(3.4*) since the fuck hit cap(Lv40)

Did 4-5 multis total & bought the guaranteed 5* bundle. $35 in so far and probably won't spend any more, gonna save for either 2B or Agnès
>>
>>939817
why are they so stingy i never understand this shit
>>
>>939821
I'm taking the long route here by waiting in hunts for the uncap. Luckily, I pulled a 4* Cedric from the 8th day seal so that's 1 less unit to wait for. Haven't pulled outside of the 300 launch celebration rubies and the seals since those don't count towards a spark anyways, also saving for Agnés.
>>
>>939817
god why are they so fucking stingy
>>
>>939821
Did the 5 steps but hadnt pulled before that. Now lets wait for that compenation.
>>
>>939817
it's so bad compared to every single other game out there you'd almost think they're doing it as a joke
>>
Why can't I watch the ads since reset
>>
>>939837
Makes me curious if as usual 4chan is the only sane place and reddit/social media are eating it up without complaint, or if everyone else is pissed at it too.
>>
>>939860
Twitter seems happy.
>>
oh I get it 88 rubies because 8 because its OCTOpath haha such a funny ittle joke they incorporated into the milestone reward and not at all shitty
>>
>>939875
i have no idea why anyone would use twitter other than to stalk artists
>>
>>939879
Should have given 88888888 rubies if they want to fit the theme so much
>>
>>939896
A more realistic thing they could've done is give 88 daily pulls. 1 pull per day for the first 8 days and 10 pulls per day for the rest. A lot of gachas do this, and they can simply dump the free pulls on a trash banner if they're so worried about profits.
>>
How much do I have to wait for Tressa?
>>
>>939905
You should be able to reroll for her right now; she's the launch banner.
>>
>>939905
she was the first banner and there's still a week left on it
>>
File: 2022-08-04_13h59_31.jpg (433 KB, 1366x768)
433 KB
433 KB JPG
>>939821
probably will have to bench the 3.4*s as well even if I like them
>>
I would have preferred even just one travellers seal over 88 gems
>>
>>939934
You would rather have gotten 1 roll instead of 3?
>>
>>939936
how is 88 gems 3 rolls? its not even one, at least with a seal you get one roll
>>
>>939938
what are you on about
>>
>>939938
You move to the "guide" tab in the bottom menu bar and go to a banner that does not use paid gems and you do almost 3 rolls by pressing the 30 gem button.
>>
>>939938
Anon?
>>
File: file.png (1.15 MB, 1042x585)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB PNG
power and greed done. just fame now
once I unlock hunts are there more story chapters or just fights? these unskippable cutscenes drag on a bit
>>
>>939981
It goes up until Master of All Chapter 8 and the prologue of the Bestower series.
>>
At what time does the game do the daily reset?
>>
>>939991
In 52 minutes.
>>
>>939992
Thanks bro.
>>
>>939882
because I'm one of those artists
>>
did someone get to work this shit on a emulator?
>>
File: 1646089476262.jpg (1.71 MB, 1915x3240)
1.71 MB
1.71 MB JPG
>>
>>940080
>Millard (0.2%), 4.5* Fiore (0.2%), 4.5* Sofia (0.2%) in the first tenroll
luckgod........
>>
File: 2022005509.png (3.31 MB, 2960x1440)
3.31 MB
3.31 MB PNG
>>939821
I just wanted fucking Shelby to round out the team.
Spent $90 but that was just to buy all the New Adventurer packs so technically only used $30 for now. Also gonna wait for Agnes (but not too surprised if Global SE's hate boner for anything Bravely related crops up again)
>>
Do you pull the current step up if you have Sofia 5 star already? Dunno how good it would be to get a dupe, which could obviously happen.
>>
>>940183
I did, then I greeded for a 4* or higher sword user and went all in
I regret everything, no rubies, no nothing Guarantee 5* was the spear user, but I already had tressa
>>
>>940183
Just save unless you plan on whaling hard. Even the first step is so so because of bad rates leaving you with a high chance of getting fuck all, despite the 50% off.
>>
Wait this is neither Sofia nor Fiore... fuck this game
>>940183
Don't do it
>>
File: 3250941.jpg (1.05 MB, 1920x1080)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB JPG
finally got the feather
i was not ready for the boss
>>
>>940220
>>940191
>>940185
Okay. I save my pretty much exactly 1200 gems. Aside of my initial 10 pull and 3 seals I didn't pull yet.
>>
>>940267
If you're lacking on 4*s you can try your luck at the first and maybe even second step, but be prepared for the most likely outcome, getting nothing.
>>
>>940290
I'm not even far enough to care about that. I think I have 2 5, 2 4 and the rest is 3. One I think can be upgraded to 4, but that'd cost a fortune I doubt I will ever have. (like 21000 bronze thingies for the exchange shop)
>>
>>940037
The game has a shitty anti emulator check. If you disconnect your internet, launch game, then reconnect when an error pops up, you can bypass the check.
MumuX, Bluestacks N64, LDPlayer9 all work fine.
>>
wonder whats gonna happen with the step thing im on 5 but i cant roll again
>>
I'm angry. Not only do none of my devices have the ability to run CotC, but apparently the Global server cheaped out on an English dub.
>>
>>940377
it also checks for root even though none of my apps would normally be able to detect it this one does somehow unless I disable the internet like you said. I wonder what it's actually checking for it seems way too good just for this shitty game
>>
Any guides for nameless town?
>>
>>940711
kill the monsters and get their items everyday, give the quest items when asked for it
>>
>>939912
>>939913
Thank you for telling me. I'm changing my phone tomorrow so I will try to reroll for her when I have it.
>>
how do percentages work in this game? I tried recruiting some guy with fame and had 75% of success yet I failed 2 times in a row there's no way I'm that unlucky r-right?
>>
>>940884
>he hasn't failed 90% chance 5 times in a row
>>
>>940748
You're welcome, good luck!
>>
How do I grind efficently in (what I’m assuming based off my current levels and the cap) the midgame? I just pulled up into Sunshade and the gap in levels between my party and the generic enemies is getting noticeable.
>>
>>940892
yeah I ended up failing 75% chance 5 times in a row kek. let me guess I'm a retard and don't understand probabilities? Never had a problem like this with any other game
>>
>>940964
Either you play it comfy and get the daily XP Nuts from town + 3x Caits from ads (which scale to your team's levels) + Hunts + maybe some extra XP on the side if you're doing some light grinding
Or you no life grind like one of those autists who have lvl 60-70+ teams already and are seething about how their 4*/4.5* characters are level capped and don't have a full roster of 8x 5* characters
>>
File: tressa-octopath.gif (81 KB, 180x180)
81 KB
81 KB GIF
>>940239
>quest chain is literal walk in the park
>boss have silence, sleep, sp drain, lifesteal, counterattacks, and changes weaknesses post-break
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9nIj1zUVkM
>>
>>941057
>tfw I have to actually try and can't spam max boost hired help with Tressa anymore
>>
>>941006
>3x Caits from ads (which scale to your team's levels)
I don't think so. I think it's entirely random what you get. I thought at first it's level based, but I got 3 small ones yesterday and my level isn't lower than the day before, where I got 2 mid and 1 small.

It's most likely just completely random. Maybe your level decides the best you can get, but I dunno.
>>
>>941102
Make sure to reroll your Ad caits for that daily 150k exp
>>
>>941105
how?
>>
>>941107
Close app if its the wrong cait.
Until you reach lvl 51 the highest cait you can get is the lvl 35 one.
>>
I have 0 rubies
Give it to me straight, what are my odds of getting all of the collab characters? Should I just reroll?
>>
>>941126
no matter how many times you reroll you are at the mercy of chance, just take things as they come at this point
>>
>>940990
>let me guess I'm a retard
Correct. There's also plenty of games with rigged probabilities in your favour and a hidden pity limit.
>>
Well, that theatre autist story was great. Also mikhail's play memoir was a bit sad
>>
>>941138
In terms of the story I rank them Fame>Wealth>Power
Power felt pretty bare compared to the other two
>>
>>941126
I have a feeling with how stingy with pulls they are, even someone like me who has only spent 300 rubies will be fucked out of getting the collab characters.
>>
>>941140
Only cleared ch1 of each, but power just looks like it has the weakest villain. Kinda boring guy to be honest.
My favorite is wealth, because the villain's voice acting carries it so damn hard. As someone who appreciates good voice acting, it's really nice.
>>
>>941144
Depends on how we'll get colab chars. If they are normal banner shit with 200 pulls to spark, yeah. Of course. If it's a 1200 gem step up banner? Maybe it's fine. I have 1200 now after a week, and while I'm sure it's gonna go down, there can't be that much you'd want, right?
>>
I don't know whether to cut my losses and give up the step up to save gems or to keep going since i've spent a bunch of gems already
>>
File: file.png (634 KB, 799x558)
634 KB
634 KB PNG
>unlocked hunts just after reset
fuck
>>
File: fdrjkui_42.jpg (88 KB, 510x765)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>>941138
>well, that theatre autist story was great
>great
MABERUS!
>>
What happens to the character specific memory fragments if you don't use them before time limit?
>>
>>941348
His animations are very detailed. Especially that fists he make everytime after "marvelous!"
>>
How's everyone enjoying the game now that its been out for a while? What would you like changed/improved?
>>
>>941402
Its good but I need more rubies
>>
>>941402
Like it but they need to fix the menu lag
>>
>>941402
It's a fun game, it just feels more like a game that should have been sould as full price with no microtransactions instead of what we got.

As for improvementes, an auto battle that you either program your team to do whatever or that just do normal attacks/boosts and maybe healing would be great for when you just want to mindlessly grind and their gem output is laughable, even more.
>>
I just hope that the stories will be clearable by latelets who show up a year later, with just any random team of 8.
>>
Compensation bros, we'll get a fortune box that randomly gives either Fiore or Sofia during the next maintenance.
>>
>>941402
I like it. Satisfies my itch for a jrpg on mobile.
They need to turn down the encounter rates and implement auto battles after you clear an area. Also need more rubies
>>
>>941413
Really? Fuck, I should have saved my gems instead of spending them all on tressa's banner uselessly
>>
is there any other way to get travelers than spending gems?
>>
>>941402
Basically Octopath Traveler but in a Another Eden skin, I like it so far. My only gripe is that the game is a test of patience if you want to get enough for a pity.
>>
File: clown.png (7 KB, 240x240)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
>>941418
Beating hard quests where you need 5*s with good gear to have a chance, or whenever a miracle happens and Square decides to give out free summons.
>>
>>941413
where did they say that?
because i'll be livid if so, i specifically avoided doing that step up because i saw the rates didn't guarantee either, but would have wanted them otherwise
>>
>>941413
I did my rolls after, if I don't get the box I will fucking uninstall.
>>
>>941402
I love it.
I love that it doesn't have stamina system the most.
I hate how stingy the game is with rolls, awakening, limit breaking even leveling.
I miss some stuff from the original game, lots more interaction with NPCs, more exploration, 2nd jobs, less reliance on multi hits.
As for improvements, basically >>941409
I would also love an NPC list that shows who I haven't talked to, the influence requirements, what items they offer I haven't gotten, maybe timer if they restock, what ally skills they have, being able to click and auto walk to them, etc
>>
File: WarmasterTressa.png (10 KB, 36x70)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
i miss my warmaster tressa
>>
Just so you all know, compensation is only for those who rolled on step 5 before the banner was fixed
>>
Another pull. Another Scarecrow. I think my game only has him in the 5* pool. He would be at 4 awakening if it was in game.
>>
>>941440
>>941456
Check the news, only those who pulled before they changed banner infomation will get it.
It's not that fair for the people who were saving rubies for the final step, but that aint me.
>>
How do you sell nameless town items to get memory shards? I just see how to buy them.
>>
File: tressagun.png (155 KB, 500x500)
155 KB
155 KB PNG
>>941543
oh they updated that same news post, there wasn't a notification so i didn't check it
yeah that's some fucking bullshit
>>
>>941543
It is fair for them, because now on the 5th step they're getting what they were supposed to get.
>>
I don't really care, but why? He was a guy in jp
>>
>>941570
Sort of, there's the people who started pulling with whatever rubies they had since it mentioned a guaranteed featured 5* and were saving to finish, it but it turns out the step up had a different reward so they might have not even done a single step.
>>
>>941552
other

second table
>>
>>941543
Nice. I did the final step specifically for Fiore/Sophia, so not getting either sucked.
>>
>>941575
In both cases no value was lost unless you were specifically trying to get the compensation
>>
>>941582
Maybe I have to progress more for that to unlock. Thanks.
>>
Endgamebro here, I finished the main story of the current version yesterday. Excited for the next chapters since it got pretty interesting at the end. The final boss was incredible, you're gonna love the music. Also AMA
>>
>>941700
How much did you grind and where
>>
>>941700
How much money did you spend.
>>
>>941700
How many hours on caits?
>>
>>941700
menno hard carry
>>
>>941402
I am loving the game itself, just like I did in the CBT. However, the gacha is possible the worst I've ever seen across dozens of these games. The devs are the stingiest ever, 200 pity rate in 2022 is insane and the rates are utter shit. The daily ten rubies that are accompanied with a "don't spend them all in one place" is the most blatant slap in the face I've ever seen from a gacha dev, made even worse by the Day 10 thirty ruby gift coming with a message saying that for a special occasion they're being "extra generous". It's hostile to f2p and whales alike.
But if I can still do everything with my shitty random team and not having to rely on having to pull the latest meta unit, then this will be one of my favourite mobage despite the terrible gacha.
>>939821
Here's my squad. I didn't reroll and I've only spent 300 rubies on one pull on Tressa's banner. My seals got me nothing but 3* garbage and 3* dupes. Saving for collabs or maybe some super duper character that dramatically changes what sort of content people can clear, if such a polarizing meta character even exits.
I am an incredible slowpoke and have only just reached the last chapter 2 of the starting story. Pretty sure everyone is moving way faster than me and it feels bad still not having access to hunts or those nuts you guys are talking about; maybe I'll finally get there next week.

Unrelated, but I didn't wanna make an extra post. This vid is pretty cool in that it explains the somewhat cryptic road map in great detail:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rypWbUoCwns&ab_channel=ShizukatzCotC
It looks like we're getting a ton of content at a good pace on top of the insane amount of content global already had at launch, nice.
>>
>>941702
Only real grinding I did was in the level 60 areas to farm Cait spawns, I liked being slightly underleveled
>>941703
30 bucks for the guaranteed 5 star banner
>>941735
Way too many to count I fucking hate those things
>>941772
Menno plus wind spam is fun af
>>
do you think there will be opportunity to get awakening mats for limited characters like Tressa in the future?
>>
>>941782
Tressa is technically not limited since she'll be added to the regular pool eventually and she will have normal reruns
>>
>>941781
Damn, you only bought one ten pull and have 11 of the 5* characters? I'm assuming you can only get those awakenings from dupes, yeah?
>>
File: party1.png (1.43 MB, 1430x1068)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB PNG
>>941700
how is your rank so high? i finished the 3rd arc prologues, assuming that's where the story current ends
>>
How do you unolock higher level hunts?
I'm stuck on 25 for 3 or 4 days since unlocking them
>>
>>941828
progress main story
>>
>>941824
Yeah dupes only. I got SUPREMELY lucky and it was Allah's power who bestowed these pulls unto me
>>
>>941827
I level all my shitty 3 and 4 star guys to around level 23 so I can get the influence panels on their skill boards. It's free influence and great for hunts to get more rewards
>>
>>941831
Incredible! Must be nice to be lucky...
>>
>>941827
Get your 3*s to 45
>>
So what banners should I keep an eye out for? Heard something about nier collab but no clue when that will happen. Anything good prior?
>>
>>941860
The first big one I've heard of is Cyrus, but global banner order is different so who knows? I'mma keep holding and waiting to see something that JP bros are talking up.
>>
>>941860
I have no idea about banner orders, but try checking out the jp tier list to have a general idea of who's good and who's not.
>>
I beat one of the level 85 NPC superbosses. Got a really strong spear, an item that I think has some kind of quest value, 100 rubies(!) and 100 points in every influence.
>>
>>941942
Holy shit, where is this boss?
>>
Hey lads! No idea that /Vmg/ was an thing. I feel like I have been extremely fucking lucky with my pulls. This is my current comp as of now. I only bought 100 gems in order to do the last pull on the Step up banner before it goes away since I doubt that I would had made it in time otherwise. Also what is that about compensation?

I must admit I am really enjoying this game so far! Super refreshing not being gated at all for once. The only downside is the absolutely insane pricing of Square and how fucking stingy they are overall. I don't expect to spend any more on this game at all..
>>
>>941976
Wow, that really is a lucky account!
And as for compensation, you'll only get it if you pulled on step 5 yesterday before they did the maintenance on it. If you did, you'll get a free (random) Sophia or Fiore.
>>
Has there ever in history been a gacha that became more generous with its freebies after enough people complained?
>>
>>942080
Granblue gave a free ticket for any SSR limited after their fuck up last year.
>>
>>942080
a lot of them yeah, once they lose all of those players and revenue so they start giving more handouts to try and get them back
but this is square enix so
>>
>>942063
Ah fuck me. I did the Last pull about 6 hours ago. Central European time zone if that matters?

Anyways I pulled two Sophias and one Theo/Millard on it so that's pretty neato. A shame I don't get to pick up an Free Fiore, that would have been the perfect situation. Hopefully I still get compensated at the very least I will be crossing my fingers
>>
>>942084
Yeah, sqex is pretty shite when it comes to being generous to people, even over time and under fire from complaints. Doesn't help that even if they fuck the playerbase up the ass blatantly, 99% of the people in all the social media places that they actually look at (ie not here) will be fine with it and even celebrate it.
>>942089
>I did the Last pull about 6 hours ago.
Yeah, you're fucked, sorry m8. At least you have a totally stacked account.
>>
I noticed that after completing Chapter 2 of Master of Wealth, I noticed that Taviani's 2 men disappear from his place in Valore. They're both NPCs that you can you can use path actions on to get stuff, and I'm glad I cleaned them out because I'm assuming they are gone forever.
Are there any other NPCs like this that I should get all items from before they vanish after the main story progresses? For example, do the Scarlet Wings all leave after I finish Master of Power (just beat Chapter 2)?
>>
>>941362
Anyone?
>>
really make me look forward to "octpath day" 8/8
we'll probably get 8 s experience nuts and 8 rubies
wow
>>
>>942179
>they give us guidestones for each of the octuplets, once a day
>>
>>942197
Billy is my thief and Telly is my cleric, so I'd actually take that over 88 rubies.
>>
>>942179
8 Travellers Crests
>>
>>941948
One of them is in Rippletide and another is in the Theatropolis library
>>
sometimes the game lags so bad
>>
>>942146
Some become unavailable for a while during master of all ch 7&8
>>
>>942205
Nah, that would actually be good
>>
>>942384
Can't have enogh 3 star units, eh.
>>
Welp, reached a roadblock in Master of All 5.
>>
Did fat caits get removed from the ad pool under lv60? I had three in under 10min yesterday and now ive been rolling for maybe 2hrs+ while watching shit and haven't had a single one show up... only cultured and coy cultured. 5% my ass
>>
>>941140
ending of Power makes me angry
Velnorte is more incompetent than even the most wimpy anime protagonist
>>
>>942429
Glad to hear that I am not the only one that really disliked him. The other paths had way more decent characters.
>>
>>939713
Is there any benefit to the 10x summon vs single summon in this game?
>>
>>942474
not normally but step banners exist so its cheaper there
>>
Does the auto hunt thing also get the items from the respawned chests?
>>
>>942505
Yes. It's as if you had actually cleared everything.
>>
>>942514
Oh, thanks
>>
>>942505
The only thing it doesn't do is count for achievements, so it might still be worth doing each stage manually a couple times
>>
Is there any benefit for saving for a tenfold instead of doing single pulls? I see there’s separate pull rates for single and tenfolds on the Fiore/Sofia banner but unless I misread something they’re identical to each other.
>>
do i need dupes in this game? my free 5 star was lynette and i did step one and two and got a 5 star of the sword and the 4 star version of the ice mage
>>
>>942671
you dont need them but the first two are nice 30% stats and another spell slot if i remember correctly
>>
>>942674
so i should continue the step up?
>>
>>942671
The only character that wants a dupe is Lynette and any dupe of hers should be kept for later when we get special skills. Other than that dupes are nice to have but I wouldn't pull for them.
>>
>>942687
nah 2 steps are fine to stop at
>>
>>942695
>any dupe of hers should be kept for later when we get special skills

You mean awakening mats can be used for something other than awakening later on?
>>
>>942713
Everyone gets a limit burst move later, leveling it from 9 to 10 needs one. for most characters you won't care to make that level, but lynette's is substantial.
>>
>>942356
I'm still a million miles away from that, just finished all the chapter 2s of the first three stories. Tonight I'll finally try and kill Herminia. Hopefully this means I'll be able to deal with all those NPCs before then.
>>
Fug, speaking of dupes. Just realized unless I can get 5 copies of a collab character I'll never get their super special piece of equipment. Guess I'll just resign myself to believing that's whale territory and effectively paywalled. I really hope one day they add a way to get awakening stones, even if it's grindy.
>>
File: 1658966634278921.jpg (19 KB, 572x386)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
It's amazing how Square can fuck up an otherwise great game just using one simple trick
>>
>>942904
They didn't fuck anything up though?
>>
Wow the power story is Garbaggio. Best Design for the villain and pants on head retarded story from start to finish. The other two were decent/good.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (174 KB, 366x462)
174 KB
174 KB GIF
>>942927
>garbaggio
GARBELLO
>>
File: 1659267810494408.jpg (29 KB, 626x463)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>942905
>>
File: kula.png (376 KB, 820x766)
376 KB
376 KB PNG
>>942936
>have a typo on one of 7 pages with banner info
>fix the typo but still give out compensation to those who pulled anyway
>'THEY RUINED THE GAME"
>>
>>942941
Not him but what was the issue exactly? Something on the step up?
>>
>>942944
One of the pages said the guaranteed 5* was a featured traveler, every other page, and the visible % rates, said the guaranteed 5* was any traveler.
>>
>>942927
Somehow it just fucking reminds of nothing else but Lelocuh screaming Nunnally!!!?!

And him letting himself die at the end was so fucking stupid
>>
>>942725
Weird choice to make us use dupes for that when they're so scarce and you can't even replace dupes with something farmable.
>>
>>942941
I'm guessing he means the shitty monetization and shitty free gem distribution alongside low rates. Because these are pretty big flaws on an otherwise good game.
>>
>Lynette's tale
>artistic fucker in violet cape appears
>"MARVELLOUS!1"
>oh shit here we go again
Ngl, I'd be surprised if the next psychopathic performer turns out to be a nice person.
>>
Just started and rolled three times on the step up, this a decent start?
>>
>>943129
yea thats really good
lots want viola lynette also theo can heal and he generates bp so hes a bit underestimated
>>
>>942514
I'm pretty sure this isn't true, I believe the game acts like you went straight for the boss so you miss out on some rewards but you get the most important ones at least
>>
File: 1658207175460488.jpg (167 KB, 500x500)
167 KB
167 KB JPG
I got two question. Does the Yes/No options in the story make any difference at all? Like if they ask you to Help out and you say no does that affect anything at all? Pretty curious desu.

The second one would be if anyone know where to find all the people for your own town? I am in the Dessert currently and I only found the Artist the Nut girl and that one dude in the Low level snow area.
>>
>>943071
If I remember OT right the Impresario is nice, he's part of the Kit questline and gives him some tips about his dad. Many of these NPCs are like that, I swear Rinyuu or Phina is in a church or something and Bargello or someone from Wealth is encountered by Alfyn or Ophelia. I just can't be bothered to look them all up or replay the game.
>>
How important is weapon grade? Is there a way to increase it?
>>
>>943191
>Yes/No
It doesn't matter at all. I think it changes the dialogue a bit, but you ultimately go down the same path.
>Nameless town
The side quests will always lead you to the new people, if they don't, then that just means there aren't any for you to meet. Since you already found all those, the quests will lead you to upgrade the nut farm. Go do that.
>>
>finally roll two 5*s
>game has so many unskippable cutscenes I barely get to use them
Why would they do this...
>>
>>943312
I made it past like 11 chapters before I just couldn't take the cutscenes anymore. Shame
>>
>>942941
You know this actually fucked the game, and if I had paid money, I'd be mad. Even though I generally only pay money for what I already enjoyed. (which is also why I didn't pay yet mind you)

Why? Because compensation has to be given to all or nobody. Simple rule of gacha and mmo. People who pulled that step up get away with an additional free 5 star. People that didn't get nothing. In other words they are at -1 5 stars.
What they SHOULD do is give everyone else a box with a completely random 5 star.

But that's square enix. Took them 1 week to fuck up the balance of this game already. Not surprised mind you. Reminder to not spend money on this shit though.
>>
>>943475
>fuck up the balance of this game
>a single player rpg
Lol. But yeah they should be less miserly
>>
>>942904
Game is nearly flawless. So far they only fucked up on a handful of things but nothing too major like the banner which is being dealt with. I'm loving the game
>>
>>943475
Nice blog. Make a less retarded argument if you want people to take your bullshit seriously. You should know that no one believes the whole "I would pay, but" statement, but on the odd chance that you aren't just seething I would like to remind you not to do your ads because that is just giving Square free money.
>>
File: hunts.jpg (324 KB, 1366x768)
324 KB
324 KB JPG
i don't understand hunts.
should I be doing this now or do I hog the order forms? should i try with 300 influence power team? it will be filled with shitters probably though.
>>
>>943475
>People who pulled that step up get away with an additional free 5 star. People that didn't get nothing.
I was neutral on the whole compensation thing, but this is one of the dumbest takes on the situation. You are actually mad that people who were genuinely mislead are getting what they spent for. I'll bite, name a couple of gacha games where the developers game out the max rarity SSR to the entire playerbase over a text error in a benner.
>>
>>943575
You may as well start now because it is free experience and nuts. The first time through a hunt you should go in with your main/best team since you actually have to do the encounters and pick up the chests. Afterwards just fill a team with max influence of the type and easy run the hunt to get the three drops.
>>
>>943579
thanks
>>
>>943576
>people who were genuinely mislead are getting what they spent for
lmao a bunch of people on discord knew about the text error and deliberately fished for compensation
a lot of people already mentioned this but they should just make the banner guarantee fiore/sofia or just give them to whoever rolled step 5 even after the "fix"
that completely eliminates ambiguous intents and what ifs/would haves and treat everyone fairly
plus, it's only fiore/sofia standard shit anyway
they're not top tier or anything
>>
>>943595
SE fucked up; sure, few were affected but would it kill them to give everyone the compensation for their mishandling? As you've said, they're not even that great. It would have shown good will and that's quite important in forming player trust. They could've used this issue to (slightly) improve their reputation, instead, they gave only those directly affected the compensation, ignoring those that could've been indirectly affected. It just isn't a good look. Watch as I somehow get called entitled.
>>
they really like theater at SE, both Primrose's story and Master of Fame seem to have the most effort put into them
>>
>>943576
It's fine to get what you are supposed to get. But they also got an additional random 5 star. That is what they shouldn't get if they get one of the two banner chars guaranteed.
And that's my point. If they get their banner promise or whatever, while keeping the wrong 5 star, this wrong 5 star should be distributed to the other people as well.

Pretty sure everyone would happily pull that step up if they'd get a guaranteed banner 5 star and a guaranteed random 5 star on top.
The solution they took actually gives a small amount of players an unnecessary advantage, while it says fuck you to the others.
>>
>see banner
>check the rates to make sure because I'm paranoid like that
>see features units aren't guaranteed on the final step
>don't pull
>get punished for not being an idiot
Super fair guys
>>
>>943700
The only reason I pulled on that Banner was for a chance at getting Fiore. Made it till step 4 and then I had to farm Rubies in order to get the last step. So I missed the compensation and it honestly leaves a really shitty taste in my mouth.

I really think that the everyone gets compensation or nobody does is the way to go. And it's not like it would cost square anything at all. Their prices are already way way above the average Gacha game
>>
>>943704
Fuck off already, you decided not to roll so you don't deserve compensation
For fucks sake, this is a company and they need to make money too
>>
File: 1656092833490.jpg (178 KB, 1024x1024)
178 KB
178 KB JPG
>>943709
Are you fucking kidding me? You do realize we are talking about square right?
>>
>>943711
Stop begging for compensation poorfag
>>
File: 1655238054446.png (223 KB, 480x480)
223 KB
223 KB PNG
>>943714
They should simply give compensation to everyone that did step 5 of the Banner. Building Goodwill is always a good thing.

And calling people Poorfags in order to defend Square-Enix has got to be the most pathetic cope. We are talking 30-dollars for a 10-pull if you buy rubies. That's fucking half the price on an Triple A title.
>>
>>943716
Did you roll on the step 5 that was falsely labeled? You will get your compensation
You didn't roll? Then you don't deserve compensation
>muh good will
Its a company, they need to make money somehow
So yeah, you are a beggar and a poorfag lmao
>>
>>943709
What if he wanted one of the rate-up characters that were mistakenly not on rate-up? Isn't this person indirectly affected by the error? I'd say that they are, which makes sense to compensate everyone as it's impossible to know who this snafu indirectly affected.
>>
...Is this thread being astroturfed?
>>
>>943717
Yo, hold up fucker, at least try. If you're gonna be consistent, you're gonna need to argue that no compensation should be given out because it's the player's fault for not reading banner details? Why should SE starve just because its retarded fanbase can't fucking read? SE shouldn't coddle players like this...
>>
>>943722
Don't think so. It just seems to be an Semen-slurper that would make even Nintendo shills jealous when marveling at his skills in slurping down gallon after gallon
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (204 KB, 1280x720)
204 KB
204 KB JPG
the difficulty jump from master of all chapter 7 to 8 is insane, a lot worse than chapter 4 to 5.
this is going to take a while.

also alternate job (swimsuit) is treated as a new character you need to pull.
>>
>>943739
Are you sure Sophia is an ice mage? Because looking at her right now makes me SO FUCKING SWEATY.
>>
>>943755
her alternate job is wind apothecary.
note that you can't use both sofia at the same time, so if you're planning to ever pull/use an alt version of a character you may not want to heavily invest on the normal one as it will be useless.
that said it's still a long way to go for the en version and depending on community reception about how they're handling this alt job thing (currently seems mixed to negative) they could change a thing or two.
>>
>>943739
We'll have her within a month.
>>
i already left my negative review on google play because i don't think they have any other place for feedback, but all this shilling on fucking 4chan of all places is only solidfying my anger

>>943739
i find it hilarious to see an otherwise nice swimsuit reduced to basically nothing in that sprite form, which is what you see the majority of the time
>>
>>943722
You're in a gacha general. There is always at least one sycophant for the company, whoever it is. Usually it's a coping whale trying to deal with putting money into the game.
>>
File: unbending.jpg (27 KB, 193x259)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>939713
>https://support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.php?id=18710&la=1
found the place for official support/feedback
feedback doesn't get a response, so contacting support directly might be more influential, or do both
>>
File: 1659881549417.jpg (783 KB, 2400x1080)
783 KB
783 KB JPG
>>943722
>>943811
>>943772
>Someone disagrees with my opinion and I can't reasonably counter their points. They must be astroturfing or a company simp.
Some people just don't care about this faux outrage over such a small issue. There is a support menu for those that want to complain or you can see if you can get a direct answer on the stream tomorrow, but bitching about it here will do nothing but get you to fall for simple bait.
>>
>>943845
We're getting a stream?
>>
>>943845
Care to point me to some of the reasonable points? If you can't, care to create them? I'd be more than happy to address them, all of them. So far I've only seen ad hominem and extremely bad faith arguments from those defending SEs actions. Even yourself, you call this a "faux" outrage, as if you're the arbiter that gets to decide what is and isn't a "real" outrage. As far as I can tell, it's looking rather real.
>>
>>943845
You sound very angry. I didn't pull on the banner, but I think simping for SE - who run their gachas like shit - is fucking cringeworthy.
t. still playing Sinoalice
>>
>>943859
>t. still playing Sinoalice
my condolences
>>
File: 1557461732089.jpg (83 KB, 1024x917)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>943873
Thank you.
>>
>>943475
You don't pass go, you don't get $200.
>>
>>943575
You fight nothing but elites who are slightly easier than other elites at that level for exp and drops in that range. Once you clear it you can skip it with any team you want, so you should just bring in your main team the first time. If you meet influence thresholds then once you finish you get a bonus chest, those particular chests are where you get star up materials from, so being able to open more is more chances at one, you just have to take shitters you might not want shards for to meet the influence levels. So it's an exchange of getting shards for your main team to uncap or getting another chest to promote a unit. Additionally any elite in the map can be replaced with caits randomly when you run it manually, so if exp is your goal you might want to run it instead of skipping it. But overall it's the only source of shards and promotion items so its probably better to aim for those.
>>
what are some JP characters that are cool in terms of design
I usually roll for characters that look cool
so I wanna save up
>>
>>943739
I hope the negative feedback can force them to revert to the Another Eden style of alt units.
>>
man i got inot this game beta test, and got many 5* in the gacha, but the game was so shit i literally could not care kek
>>
>>942934
so wtf is Beowulf from FGO doing here
>>
Almost got enough for another 10 Pull and I sort of want to try my luck at Tressa. I did all pulls on the Step-up banner but didn't get fiore sadly. And I am not to keen of trying my luck on their joint banner
>>
>>943846
Tomorrow for 8/8 they announced a stream. It's a bit of a 50/50 on rather they will address the issue since SE has some games that are heavily involved with the community i.e. Romancing Saga, and Dissidia, or gachas they don't care about such as the Valkyrie and Kingdom Hearts ones.
>>943855
Here is a reasonable point. The players who reach step 5 and were actually effected are being compensated since those were the only people affected by the miswording. Yes, I believe this outrage is faux. The Playstore rating hasn't changed, there isn't any significant organized efforts to address this with Square, and one of the general opinions of this matter is that while it sucks many players are still enjoying and spending on the game. If this outrage was genuine where are the review bombs? Where are the dedicated post telling people how to contact Square? Why are there only two or three comments on the games official community pages about this? I've sent an email to Square asking that people who pulled before the banner maintenance should receive at least a partial refund but apart from that I'm not seeing anybody else actually doing this.
>>
Honestly I didn't expect to like this game this much. I pick up a gacha to pass some time and slog for an hour a day then drop it in a week, PGR was the latest one I did this on. That kusoge didn't even give me a single 5 star in a week of play, you have to play for like a month to get your first guaranteed 5 star.

This one has one charm, played it for several hours a day already.
>>
File: 165808304705912.png (160 KB, 512x512)
160 KB
160 KB PNG
>>943947
Oh hello Nier-Collab tourist
>>
>>943939
Not the guys you're quoting but I'm still a little bit butthurt avout it. Not enough to rage quit or anything but here's why
I had 5star Fiore and 4star Sofia. I started pulling with the hopes of getting Sofia to 5star and if I got Fiore instead then that's cool she gets stronger from the awakening. Problem is I was only at step 4 when the issue came up in game since I'm taking it slow (which is almost encouraged by the devs) so no compensation for me. The guaranteed 5 star I got was Viola. So yeah I feel like I got fucked. And when I see how the currency is already drying up (10 rubies from influence level up instead of the 30 we got at the lower levels) it feels kind of bad
>>
>>943939
>I've sent an email to Square asking that people who pulled before the banner maintenance should receive at least a partial refund

Do you mean those who didn't finish step 5? I think at that point they're considering the reduced cost pulls to have already been the incentive if they weren't gonna finish.
>>
is there an issue with the step up?, I just managed to finish it off and didn't get any of the rate up girls unless I am mistaken on how they work
I got scarecrow on the last step so its not a complete loss
>>
>>943947
PGR literally gives you a ticket to pick a S unit just starting the game, you must be retarded
>>
>>943898
anyone?
>>
>>943932
It’s your choice of course, but unless your team is really lacking 5* units or you’re pulling for waifufag reasons, you should probably wait for Cyrus and Ophelia. Tressa isn’t all that great.
>>
>>943763
Considering Granblue has been happily getting away with it for like seven years now and is making unholy amounts of money selling swimsuit units, I would be incredibly surprised if SE changed anything.
>>
>>944000
I meant actually rolling one from the banners, not the starter shitters.
You can't even reroll in that game.
>>
I got two Fiora awakenings, just use them to upgrade her right?
>>
>>944085
Kinda banal question, looked it up myself. No reason to save them unless Lynette apparently.
>>
>>943898
Eventually the villains become summonable, they all have pretty good designs, everyone here probably wants Auguste
Also Cyrus and Olberics friend have good designs in my opinion
>>
>>943939
>The players ... effected are being compensated
That's the path SE went, yes. They don't care for those in-directly affected by their mistake; why? To show how stingy they really are? It's a terrible look.
>I believe this outrage is faux
I'll start by accepting everything you said as fact, given that I'm unaware of the ratings or any deals on social media. With that said, what does it take for an outrage to become greater than "faux"? Can a gacha game with a small active user-base even muster the numbers to meet your criteria? It's true that it would take fewer people to affect the Playstore score but I don't think an outrage needs to manifest in a negative comment and review bomb shitstorm for it to be real. Players are mad because of some perceived wrong-doing on the developer's part.
I realise that this isn't really an argument I can win given that the "small vocal minority" card can be played at anytime. You can never have a vocal majority in these things so it's always a Sisyphean task to try and argue for it.
As far as I'm concerned, it's not a massive deal, but it is something that negatively impacts my (and others') impression of the game. I don't need many (even small) incidents to get me to quit a stingy gacha game, especially not an SE one.
>>
Found the first fight I had to retreat from, a level 35 elite monster in Herminia's manse during Ch3 of Master of Fame. Just fed all the nuts I've saved since launch to bring a couple other weakness-hitting three stars to level 30, here's hoping I can kill the bugger. I know I should just come back later, but I like doing things as I reach them.
>>943939
Do you know what time that stream is? I don't see any mention of it on their official twitter or in the ingame news.
>>
>>944151
Protip, don't bother with the lv 35 bosses at that point, they don't guard any chests
Once you reach chapter 1 of Master of all you should've good enough gear to go back and try again
>>
so is there ANY connection to the original game?
would be cool if they expanded on stuff from the true route
>>
>>944184
it's a prequel, there's tons of recurring characters including NPCs, and lore/worldbuilding that was only alluded to in the original but is expanded upon here
>>
>>944173
Yeah, I'm starting to think it's hopeless right now. Got through a third of his health, then he killed Menno out of nowhere. At least I learned that Menno is awesome with an aoe heal/regen unlockable if I can raise them 2 more levels. No wonder they're on Endgamebro's team as the only non-five star. Might bench Telly, though the lil octuplet is my only source of ice damage on the squad.
Unrelated but
>finally hit Fame rank 8 so I can entreat the woman in the Nameless Town.
>fail the five 30% tries for her sturdy hide or whatever
>reputation in Nameless Town gone
>no tavern
I think I just fucked myself.
>>
File: FZH8fJHUYAAgOvG.jpg (73 KB, 1018x572)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
>>944151
8pm
>>
>>944204
Jeez, I guess I'm not catching it then. Thanks for the info though.
>>
What should I exchange for the daily?
Also hitting max level for 3 stars feels bad
>>
>>944271
I just trade in some bronze shards for a bronze stone because dailies give bronze shards.

Just finished Master of Wealth and good God, this game is awesome. Why must it be chained to one of the worst gachas out there? I'd buy this as a Switch game, easy. One of my favourite things about rpgs is when you get to see your actions actually affect the world and it was awesome seeing Valore actually brighten after bringing peace to it. Guess I'll go face Tytos tomorrow. Some day, I shall unlock hunts.
>>
>>944271
You'll need to trade in sturdy shit for memory shards for nameless town stuff a lot, so you may as well do them after you've built the first few buildings. Once you're on the nut farm you need 450 shards worth of soil, and 90 shards for the nut garden manual. You only get 20 a day if you don't trade in sturdy materials, but can get 50 a day if you do.
>>
>>943947
>you have to play for like a month to get your first guaranteed 5 star.
I enjoyed this alot more than PGR but nigga just do the math how long until you can hit pity in octopath as f2p/small spender.
Sure some superbosses later gives nice ammount of gems but those are one time rewards after that you are looking at 5 months to pity one 5 star.
>>
>just finished Chapter 2 of Power
That was fucking dumb. I want to go back to Wealth, these characters suck.
>>
>>944321
i've got bad news about power 3
>>
>>944321
Part 1 power fumbled so that part 3 power can flourish
>>
File: 1624052645446.jpg (91 KB, 954x954)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>>944327
>>944333
I just hope it doesn't get more dumb. Dumberer, if you will.
>>
>>944339
By part 1 I mean all of tytos, by part 3 I mean the parts that aren't in global yet.
>>
>>944343
Noted. I'll just grit my teeth and get through it. I've read Fame is fairly great so I'll look forward to that. Wealth was also pretty good (trying to do them in order).
>>
How does global's generosity (or lack thereof) compare to JP's?
>>
what is the fastest way of leveling up anyway?
besides the 3 ad cats
>>
File: f960a999.jpg (322 KB, 2217x1024)
322 KB
322 KB JPG
>>944447
standard ruby income outside of events should be similar.
jp gave away not only agnes but her whole step up banner (5 x10 pulls) for free, but that's due to a relatively major mess up including rollbacks and a 20hr maintenance.

>>944453
hunts should be the second best.
other than that you'll need to farm random encounter caits.
>>
>>944458
correction, that was 2 step up rounds, so 10 x10 pulls.
>>
>>944458
god I cant wait for the bravely default Collab
how are the characters anyway? and when do you think it will take till GL gets it
all I know is Anges is the only unit in the game with revive(unless that changed)
>>
>>944286
Will we need other sturdy stuff? I haven't seen an option to trade for more shards where's that at?
>>
>>944514
All of the nameless town objects that you can farm never get used again for the quests. Any material that you get from the elite enemies to the right of the town and items the npcs restock are only useful to trade for more shards.
The trade option is under exchange - other
>>
how do you play on emu
>>
>>944607
see
>>940377
>>
>>944623
>>940377
has anyone gotten banned?
>>
File: 1647157350182.png (257 KB, 529x529)
257 KB
257 KB PNG
>>943947
bro please give PGR another try
>>
which banner should i be reroolling on gros
>>
File: Spoiler Image (1010 KB, 2400x1080)
1010 KB
1010 KB JPG
>>943739
>fights the first boss
>haha chapter 8 looks like a breeze
>final dungeon opens
>picrel
So i need to fight 3 elites then the final boss in one go what the fuck
>>
>>944690
None for now, just save brah. If you're rerolling, try the Fiore/Sophia step up 'cause you might be able to get 2 rolls instead of one as the first few steps are discounted.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (1.5 MB, 2400x1080)
1.5 MB
1.5 MB JPG
>>944798
You don't have to kill the elites before you fight the boss If you hate yourself. It is just strongly recommended that you do. You also want to kill all the non soldier elites since they dont respawn, and kill 100 regular soldiers because once you beat the chapter you won't have access to the dungeon for a long ass time.
>>
File: 903567234.jpg (75 KB, 623x823)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
Newshitter please help with some questions. I just want a complimentary game to play since I already have some other things. Mostly it will be casual play and a waifu collector and aim to do as much pve content as I can. Don't care about meta or pvp, just want to use waifus I like. Octopath sprite art and music is kino so naturally I am interested in it.

1. How necessary is doing a reroll and getting a good account to start, and how much of an endeavor is it? (I'd mostly want at least 2-3 top tier waifus, but the more the better)
2. How generous or shit is the gacha? Is there a pity? Is there a fair amount of f2p pull resources that I can realistically get any waifu I want down the line as long as I'm not trying to pull for everything?
3. How much of a time investment is it once I get into 'maintenance mode'? How much would I be expected to have to play each day to keep up with rewards and not miss anything important?
4. Is it fun?

Thanks and here is a cute Ophelia.
>>
>>944558
Holy shit thank you! I got 238 shards off it!
>>
>>944871
1. You want at least a full team of 4*s so you don't get stuck later on due to level caps. 3.5* won't cut it, unless you're willing to wait around for a RNG + time gated resource. (Sacred Seals from Hunts). Rerolling itself is easy because you can delete your save data from the title screen, removing the need to redownload everything.
2. Game is kinda stingy. The game decreases the amount of rubies you get from leveling up your influences later on (from 30 per level to 10). There is pity, 200 pulls (have fun saving up for that though). You definitely "can" get anything you want if you win the 50/50 in step up banners.
3. Pretty short. I can do all my dailies in 20 minutes tops now. Your daily routine consists of auto sweeping hunts, killing elites, watching ads.
4. Very much so. I like the break system, it's very satisfying to set up all buffs/debuffs, break the boss and watch big numbers fly around.
>>
>>944880
>if you win the 50/50 step up banner
only if SE remembers to actually code it in
>>
>>944871
1. Not necessary but recommended. Takes about 4 minutes per reroll depending on the setup.
2. The gacha is shit. In total max rarity characters have a 4% rate separated by a 5* version and a 4.5* version. Pity is at 200 pulls for normal banners and 100 pulls for collabs, and limited banners get a increased of 6%. Pull recourses dies down after a while but if you save you should be able to pull for what you want.
3. At endgame maybe like 5-6 minutes a day for the dailies. You can't miss content because all the content added to the game is permanent with the exception of collabs.
4. Thats up to you. I'm 100+ hours in and still having a blast.
>>
>>944891
>>944880
Cheers I'll check it out.
Is the reroll process pretty comfy on phone or is it really the kinda thing I should set up on an emulator and macro and then transfer acct to phone after?
I'm too brainlet to into macroing on phone
>>
>>944871
Question. Are you fine with Visual Novel tier gameplay?
Early on you spend more time reading than actually playing. It's all fully voiced and the plots vary from actually decent to just boring and slow
>>
>>944901
You can reroll just fine on a phone, I did it on my phone myself.
>>
>>944901
The reroll itself is fast and simple. Launch game, go through a cutscene, roll. If it's shit you return to title, press options, delete data. Try again.
Emulators only help if you run two or three at once otherwise just stick to mobile.
>>
>>944901
the very first intro summon is randomized from one of eight 5*s, you can immediately back out and go to the options on the title screen and delete your account and restart within 4 minutes
if you want to reroll on actual banners, it'll take you maybe 10 minutes, or more if you try to get a specific first character too
tressa and heathcote are currently on rateup, the rest are OCs that are also in the first guarantee, ophelia is some time away
>>
File: 8236547356.jpg (81 KB, 676x530)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>944912
>>944908
>>944909
Thanks. I'mma try and get Tressa if she's rate up then and then as many other OC qts as I can.

>>944903
I played Octopath on switch and I love JRPGs.
I'm fine with reading and not playing as long as its something I can do on my own terms when I feel like and doesn't fuck me over or force me into doing it when I don't want to.
In other words as long as its
>I'm bored and feel sitting down for an hour or two and sitting through some story
and not
>I really gotta get this limited time event done before it goes away tomorrow, but I have to rush through 10 hours of story before the game will let me do it
>>
anyone else having server issues?
>>
>>944919
Last question as I'm now in the process of rerolling: how problematic is it to get someone from 4.5>5* down the line? if I get a character I'm happy with but only as 4.5* does it stand to reason I'll be able to 5* them at some point?
>>
>>945017
At least a month of weeklies per character.
>>
When do you get more hunt permits? I just unlocked them like five hours ago but I'm still at 1/7 after the daily reset.
>>
I still don't understand how this game has such bloated specs that it won't even download onto my year-old desktop with Bluestacks.
>>
>>945112
One per reset. Eventually they'll release Expert hunts with use another different kind of permit, basically letting you go on hunts twice a day.
>>
Holy kek.
Has the stream happened yet btw?
>>
>>945130
>bloated
It's actually one of the lighter gachas if you were talking about the data size
>>
>>945167
No idea. But I hope they Decide to compensate everyone that rolled on the Step-up Banner. It's not like they would loose anything doing it. But Square being Square I somehow doubt it. When it comes to being anti-consumer I would put them right next to EA/Ubisoft

The price of rolling if you are looking to buy gems is something quite special desu. Don't think I have ever seen the paid currency being that expensive. And the launch packages where quite a joke too.

The game itself is really nice tough.
>>
>>945236
nah they'll just close the case lol
the discord simp army is satisfied enough and they will defend their position as long as no one else gets what they've gotten
>>
>>945243
I honestly think it's pretty fucked. It's not like the poeple who didn't reach stage 5 was going to just stop at step 4. The only reason I rolled to begin with was that I thought one of them would be Guaranteed in the end. But I didn't make step 5 in time since I had to farm some more gems.

Still I got some really lucky pulls from the banner so that's great and all. But I still think it's fucked. And It honestly leaves a shitty taste in my mouth knowing that if I had enough gems to pull all the way I would be getting another free Unit
>>
>>945167
So are they going to give out 88 rubies everyday until the 15th? Or did I misinterpret the mail
>>
>>945255
8-18-28
>>
File: aRjNwy7_700b.jpg (193 KB, 700x982)
193 KB
193 KB JPG
>You cannot impress Rosso.
>You cannot impress Rosso.
But I want to!
>>
>>945181
Data size isn't the problem. It's the performance specs that is the issue.
>>
>>943265
Where can you get the guides the nut farm girl asked for? I got the one from the exchange she needs to move in, got one with cont. in the name that's probably for later on, but I can't find the one she asks right after setting up the place.
>>
>>945281
It's working fine on standard quality on my shitty phone. Except for the infuriating lag in the out of game menus
>>
File: 20210415_123325.png (213 KB, 1080x453)
213 KB
213 KB PNG
>>945291
Clearbrook.
>>
>>945297
Oh, so that's why I couldn't find it. I haven't unlocked this town yet, thanks.
>>
do character like tressa get added to permanent pool after the feature is gone or if you miss them you miss them?
>>
>>945338
https://game8.jp/octopathtraveler-sp/263474

Everyone with no notes under their score gets in the permanent pool, everyone else is limited.
>>
Will there be some spicy banner shuffling?
>>
Daily reset happened but my nameless monsters didnt.
>>
>>945571
Elites respawn after every 20h, they aren't tied to daily reset. Just wait all of them to respawn then kill them a bit after reset so they'll all be there by the time you're back to do the following day's daily.
>>
Should I awaken or limit break the 4* characters I like?
>>
>>945584
Thanks bro.
>>
File: summerfiore.png (2.13 MB, 1920x1080)
2.13 MB
2.13 MB PNG
FIORE BUTT
FIORE BUTT
>>
String bikini Summer Viola when??
>>
File: Spoiler Image (118 KB, 1194x671)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
The suffering from farming the caits for hours just for that final fight was worth it
Found out that ads cait also works as inn/torch full heals anywhere which makes the elites marathon very easy
>>942413
Rolling ads for caits is waste of time, you get lv 50/55 one much faster in the wilds since alluring charm exist
>>
>>945588
Yes. Atleast do the level 1 awakening
>>
>download on bluestacks
>gets to title screen
>sits on loading forever
>restart same thing
>just leave it maybe it is just loading
>make breakfast and eat it for 25 mins and its still on loading
wat do?
>>
>>945852
try ldplayer, it seems to work fine as long as you turn off the connection then turn it on again
>>
>octuplet story was cute
>got viola with the rubies
post em
>>
>>945294
Are you using a Galaxy A-series?
>>
>>945236
>Don't think I have ever seen the paid currency being that expensive. And the launch packages where quite a joke too.

Have you never looked at the cash shop in any game before? The 10 pull = $30 thing started with cygames
>>
>dream reroll
Viola, Lynette, Tressa, Sofia
>not perfect but I'd stop rerolling
Viola, Lynette, one of Tressa/Sofia

Is this setting the bar too high or is it bound to show up sooner or later? On about 30 reroll attempts (closer to 100 if you count the ones that died not getting viola/lynette during the intro)
>>
>>946016
It can happen, but as always, it's up to rng so just try until you're satifistied or too tired to go on. Do the first 2 step ups and if you get something close enough to what you want, save it to some account in case you give up on perfection later on.
>>
>>946016
i'd settle for two for the sake of sanity, but some people go for three
the step up might be easier to get lucky on with rerolls but no chance at tressa unfortunately
it is not uncommon to get other 4.5* as you play eventually but tressa isn't in the standard pool yet either
>>
>>946023
>>946032
Oh, right, forgot you want Tressa. Disregard what I said about the step ups, and it's gonna be way more unlikely to get all those.
>>
>>945846
My bad, should I first awaken them or use the stones to limit break them?
>>
Do we have any idea what the next banner will be or are they going random?
>>
>>946084
h'aanit came before tressa in JP iirc, so maybe we'll get her after tressa
>>
>tried rerolling all weekend since the step up + 88 rubies make for a more economical start than day 1 did
>a single run with 5* Viola + Lynette
>Rolled one account with Viola and 4 fucking Scarecrows
>Rolled another with 2 Lynettes and 5* Sophia, Fiore, Scarecrow and 4.5* Theo
>still have my day 1 account which is just 5* Viola and 4.5* Lynette cope; wasted everything on the step-up banner and got scarecrow again

I feel like I can reroll and get a god start to save rubies for a character I actually like since my main account got fucked by my greed/curiosity/bad luck. Do I just grind hunts and continue coping?
>>
File: file.png (782 KB, 1003x564)
782 KB
782 KB PNG
Finally got a god reroll and can start playing this game for real. Have no clue how to party build, I just stuck all my 5 stars in a party and picked a random 4 star. Any tips?
>>
>>943739
>>945631
>try to hop on the waifu gachaslut train
>pixels
How do we compete?
>>
>>946119
jesus, how many rolls on this account?
>>
>>946127
Only did the 5 step ups so 50. Lynette has a dupe too that I'm saving.
>>
>>945631
Damn Fiore is fuckin' stacked
>>
>>946119
Please give me your luck so I can be free from reroll hell
>>
>>942179
We got 88 rubies
>>
Do we get stuff on the 8th 18th and 28th of every month or only this month?
>>
>>946214
Only this month to celebrate Octopath day.
>>
File: Untitled.png (783 KB, 888x496)
783 KB
783 KB PNG
>>946016
>>946023
>>946032
Praise the sun
>>
File: naokiikushima.jpg (1.1 MB, 2032x2139)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB JPG
>>946247
fucking nice, congrats!
>>
>>945346
Good God that is a lot of limited characters for a game so stingy with its pulls. I heard a rumor someone calculated it would take 10 months of saving to pity a single 5* character. I doubt it'd take that much, they were probably basing their calculations on daily rubies alone, but it still feels like I won't be able to pity every other month like all the other games I play. Guess I should pick one favorite character off that list and just go all in on them. Maybe A2, I'm happy to see her still at the top of the list despite the NieR collab being a year+ ago.

Looks like /vmg/ was right about Octopath Day being 88 rubies and something related to the octuplets. Jeez, even Dragon Quest Tact, another similarly stingy SE gacha with horrible monitization, gave out a free 10 pull with a guaranteed limited 5* on Dragon Quest Day not too long after launch. Though if you add up the 88 rubies we're getting on the 18th and 28th along with the rubies from the octuplet memoirs, that's 298 rubies for a month long, once a year celebration. Almost a ten pull, that's very generous by this game's miserly standards.
>>
>>946119
>>946247
I am starting to think I made a horrible mistake keeping my initial 10 roll of Lynette+Tressa with tutorial Fiore. I don't feel I'm walled or anything, but these rerolls already have more than I will acquire with months of play.
>>
>>946278
Limited characters will usually get a step up, especially on reruns with some sort of big bonus on the 5th pull. Either a guarantee, an extra 150 of the gacha shop stones to pity one, or a buttload of gold shards for level uncapping.
You don't need every character, you just need a solid team.
>>
Heard there's a encounter rate reducing item, where is it found?
>>
>>946283
The guarantee or pity on step 5 sounds good, do step ups usually cost the same or do they vary?
>>
>>946281
ultimately luck can completely sway your account's standing regardless of starting roll, just enjoy what you have
i started with fiore+tressa only and have spent everything so far because i wanted more tressa, didn't get another but i have scarecrow, gilderoy, 4* theo and viola, and +1 fiore
i only use fiore/tressa/viola out of those anyways and most of my team/favorites are 3.5* otherwise. woulda been nice to have sofia but square enix said fuck you
>>
>>946288
Guy in the Emberglow tavern.
>>946278
Limited tend to have a higher rate up on reruns with the addition that all limited characters are in the pool on limited banners just without rate up.
>>
>>946281
I had to reroll for about 8 hours last night and another 6-7 today to get mine >>946247
I was actually kicking myself at a point today because early on I didn't keep a reroll that had (only) viola+lynette, since I hadn't seen the two of them together in 10+ hours of further rerolling. But it ultimately worked out.

I've played enough gacha games to know that you can more or less count on on all of these characters showing up in your pulls at some point in the future.
>>
>>946300
>all limited characters are in the pool on limited banners just without rate up.
Oh that's cool! Makes me feel better about the high number of limiteds they roll out for this game. I initially thought only collab characters would be limited and the others would get dumped into the general pool, but if limited banners also include all the other limiteds as offbanners, that's fine.
>>946306
>I've played enough gacha games to know that you can more or less count on on all of these characters showing up in your pulls at some point in the future.
Yeah, that's my cope. That and I didn't want to spend a week or more rerolling only to get a shitty start anyway, like I have in other games. Figured I was blessed with that pull and wanted to get right into playing the game. Speaking of playing, time to see what makes Master of Power Ch3 so bad that people keep complaining about it.
>>
>>944870
>You also want to kill all the non soldier elites since they dont respawn, and kill 100 regular soldiers because once you beat the chapter you won't have access to the dungeon for a long ass time.
This has got me thinking...are there any permanently missable enemies that have feats related to killing a bunch of them? As I just mentioned in the post above this one, I'm going through Chapter 3 of Master of Power and I just noticed I got a feat for killing Scarlet Wing Believers. I don't know if they will still be around after I kill Tytos though.
>>
Thinking about downloading this game tonight, where's the definitive noob guide?
>>
How bad are the rates in this game?
Is it possible to roll Tressa?
is this gacha at fault for killing FFRK global, and if so does this mean I can blame Tressa for it
>>
>>946330
Power is not that bad, Tytos is just disppointing compared to the other 2
Also the 2 main characters act like complete retards
>>
>>946349
Reroll for extra 5* or two on the step up. Rush to chapter 3 of fame, wealth, and power to unlock hunts, these boost your level cap. Always keep up with gear by farming pieces and bringing them to the smithy.
>>
>>946349
Not sure about definitive, but this jpbro makes good video guides: https://www.youtube.com/c/ShizukatzCotC/videos
And this seems to be the best English resource, has various guides and such in it: https://meowdb.com/db/octopath-traveler-cotc/
>>946350
Heh, I saw that post in /ffg/ too. Yes you can reroll for Tressa right now but her banner ends in 24 hours so you better hurry. After it ends, she will be moved to the general/permanent pool, but we don't know if that'll happen immediately, just that it will happen. Rates are pretty shite, Tressa's rate up gives her an 0.8% pull rate (additional 0.4% of getting her in a 4* version, remember early FFBE?). As for the spoiler, that guy was totally shitposting; this game isn't killing anything. I don't think it did nearly as well in JP as RK did and global doesn't stand much of a chance as it's not very good for f2p or for whales. F2p don't get very many pulls so anyone who's attracted to gacha for collecting characters is shit outta luck and because of the low rates and high pity, whales have to spend more to get less than they would in other games. However, if you do wanna play a really good single player HD-2D jrpg on mobile and don't give a fuck about gacha, this is the game for you.
>>
File: 29170861629.png (3.98 MB, 2960x1440)
3.98 MB
3.98 MB PNG
>>945939
>>
>>946358
Wow, that was a downer ending. I see what people were saying about Velnorte now, there was no reason for him to die like that after the fight even though it's what he wanted on some level.
And Tytos did fall flat compared to Herminia. He wasn't exactly bad, but not as devilishly evil as the other two have been so far. Though in phase 2 of the battle the scarlet wings of his true form were kino.
Gonna have a MARVELOUS time tomorrow finishing Master of Fame. I really, really love that Auguste's VA finds a different way to say his trademark phrase every single time.
>>
>burn starting gems
>literally nothing above 3*
What the actual shit is this gacha
I played fucking FFBE at launch and that game still was more generous than this
Is there an easy way to reroll or should I just stay away
>>
>>945939
Happy Octopath Day!
>>
>>946289
It can vary, some are more about the discount and some are more about the good shit at the end. For example the swimsuits in Japan are 200, 250, 300, 300, 300 for the 5 steps.
>>
>>946410
>I played fucking FFBE at launch and that game still was more generous than this

FFBE had 10 tickets you had to pull one at a time and 1500 gems, which is 3 more pulls. And a 1% rate. You also had to have a dummy account to reset the account. You weren't there
>>
>>946410
very easy, title screen -> options -> delete account
4 minutes if you reroll only the starter, 10 minutes if you reroll with banners
>>
>>946041
Awaken them
>>
>>945948
Yeah, 2017's A8
>>
>>946416
Keep in mind I am talking about the literal initial launch here, and not the whalebait it turned into down the line

That game had no actual 5* bases at launch. Hell, there wasn't even any 4* bases at launch. I had three units capable of hitting 5* rarity right off the bat, and prior knowledge that all three of those would get good 6* awakenings down the line to remain relevant (CoD, Exdeath, Bartz). Actually rolling a rainbow crystal for the first few months was nothing but saving on leveling and evolution materials.

This game is 18 pulls, 10 of which you can do multi and the other 8 of which are single pulls. There are 5* bases to chase, the rates are somehow worse than FFBE's launch, and it doesn't even have the core hook of "has characters from the biggest JRPG franchise in the world"

Now excuse me while I try to get Tressa out of nostalgia for Octopath Traveler the game
>>
>work my way up to the first dungeon
>all the random encounters are level 1s
>there's some level 15 elites
>looks like I might be able to kill them through attrition but it'd take around half an hour based on one break/boost cycle
>couple other level 11 elites
>they take a little while but are much more reasonable and I beat both I found
>get to the end boss, he's level 6 and a pushover
The tuning here seems a little strange. I assume I can go back and kill the other elites when its more convenient and they really are just optional bosses?
I only got my squad to about level 10-12 since I don't wanna overlevel and trivialize stuff but I also don't wanna get cockblocked by weird-level minibosses in the middle of dungeons.
>>
>>946458
And in FFBE the powercreep comes in so hard you can abandon your account entirely every 3 months and come out ahead. In Octopath some of the launch units are still among the best in the game and no, the rates aren't worse than FFBE did. It's 1% vs 4% and FFBE barely had any FF characters at launch donut steel was a huge meme in the mobage general and later ffbe one for years. You'll be ok bro, there's no neo vision traps in the future here
>>
>>946470
The lower level elites block chests that usually have decent gear upgrades for the level of dungeon they're in. The higher level "menacing" ones give feat achievements and drop stuff to sell on first kills.
>>
>>946471
Maybe I'm just getting stupendously unlucky then
I've done rerolls for about an hour now and I've seen two 4/4* units
I don't even want to think about trying to reroll after the initial launch bonuses go poof
>>
>>946470
Overleveling is not an issue here, you will be handicapped by access to gear. In fact always try to be higher by 5 or more levels than your enemy at the least.
>>
>>946479
This is the gacha Tressa deserves
>>
>>946474
Can I always come back to fight them whenever I get better level/gear and stuff?

>>946482
Good to know. I ran out of nuts anyways for now though
>>
First rolls using step up banner. Lynette was my free 5*, the other 3.5/4* travelers I got were:
4*: Trish, Rodion, Heinz, Bertrand, Mabel, Iris
3.5*: Sigrid, Merrit, Wingate, Peredir, Ramona, Ashlan
Should I reroll or is this pretty strong for my first rolls?
>>
>>946504
if youre rerolling you want multiple five stars
>>
>>945771
How do we get that?
>>
When's the damn stream? It's so damn late in NA
>>
>>946511
Well shit, guess I better get my ass rerolling then. How many 5*s should I aim for when rerolling? Two at least?
>>
>>946499
>Can I always come back to fight them whenever I get better level/gear and stuff?
Yes
>Good to know. I ran out of nuts anyways for now though
Why does it feel like you are not doing those ad reward cait fights?
>>
>>946519
With the step up banner you get more rolls because of the reduced cost to pull, so I'd say at least 3 while it's still up.
>>
>>946519
Two is the safe minimum. Not too hard to get and it'll put you in decent enough shape to get started.
3 Shouldn't take terribly long unless you're unlucky af and its just that much nicer to have an extra 5* in the mix
Anything beyond that you're pushing into "this could take a while" territory so you'd need to weigh the reward against your sanity.

I think 3 is a pretty solid number to shoot if you have a bit of time. But if you just want to get started, at least 2 should be very accessible.
>>
>>946522
>Why does it feel like you are not doing those ad reward cait fights?
idk what that even means desu
only been playing for about an hour after I got a reroll I liked
>>
I thought this was gonna be like the original on switch seriously explain to me:

what's the point of a gacha game if there's no way to showoff your characters to anyone because its single player and also you can't jack off to the characters because they are ugly pixel art blobs? and waiting days for bosses to respawn lmao? also it will eventually shut down just like all the other games and you can say good bye to your money and time forever.

Explain your reasoning to a normal person please.
>>
>>946533
You can battle caits by watching ads 3 times a day and they give a ton of exp and gold. That's in the find button thing
>>
>game sits on "loading data" for like 1 full minute when I start it up
this happen to everyone or is it just me?
>>
>>946545
More Octopath for me since I've beaten the game. There's some love put into it despite the stingy gacha.
>>
>>946524
>>946525
Got it, thanks. I'm only rolling up to the second step since there isn't enough for the third step. Should I play a bit to finish the third step or is it not worth it efficiency-wise?
Also, should I count 4.5*s to save my sanity or does the difference between the 4.5* and 5* make a difference?
>>
Who is the qt grill on stream rn?
>>
>>946545
it's a game that's free and high quality foremost imo
then they decided to wring the most money possible out of it that they could
>>
>>946561
Sayu, the Square Enix community manager for Octopath and Romancing SaGa Re;UniverSe. Her heart's in the right place and she is cute as far as SE community managers go, but her game knowledge and general competence is pretty lacking compared to others.
>>
I just opened the stream and saw chat losing their mind over Primrose. I'm assuming they were showing her off as the next global banner?
>>
>>946570
Yep after maint on Wednesday.
>>
>>946572
Fug, I'll have to skip unless there's a step up.
>>
>>946570
Fuck I might have to reroll again, thought she would be months away.
>>
Why is this game so dark...
>>
Pretty sure Sayu just said the 88 rubies will be on the 8th, 18th, and 28th of every month, not just August.
>>
>>946560
You can get the extra roll by doing a few feats (putting someone in your backline, doing a path action with an NPC, leveling up your characters and collecting Rubies from the influence tab). The way I did it was if I got two 5 stars I liked in the first two 10 rolls, then I'd do the extra steps for the third pull. Otherwise, reroll again.
>Also, should I count 4.5*s to save my sanity or does the difference between the 4.5* and 5* make a difference?
Depends on the character. Lynette is definitely the one you want as a 5 star. Most of the others are serviceable at 4.5 even if they don't have their strongest skills. It's just more work to star them up the more you have.
>>
>>946560
Up to you with the steps, but at 3rd step you ain't even getting a discount so I wouldn't bother.

4.5* are fine, some end game stuff might need the extra levels and some units won't get their best stuff until 5*, but it's not a deal breaker most of the time. Just go in knowing that it's a pain in the ass to get them to 5* unless you get it through the gacha (which admitedly is pretty likely down the line as the units up right now are from the general pool).
>>
>>946586
yeah i heard that too
>>
Primrose next huh. Put that in the OP too.
>>
is primrose better than lynette? feels like putting them both in a party is a bit overkill
>>
i liked primrose until her story got super fucked like goddamn
so i hope viola's story will turn out not so bad, she's really fun in gameplay too
>>
This stream is ass i thought they were gonna discuss everything coming up and maybe even a code. I don't want to see a shitty let's play with a dice giveaway. What a letdown
>>
>>946625
nips consider lynette slightly better and more versatile
primrose can hit 4 times with fan and 3 times with dark but they are both random targets
>>
>>946631
SE global streams are always shit
>>
>>946578
I remember in the first stream (before the CBT) they did make a point of saying this one's story is much darker/more "mature" than the first Octopath.
>>
>>946631
For SaGa global, the Taiwan streams are where upcoming characters get shown with full breakdowns of their kits and changes from JP alongside all the upcoming events and what rewards will be given. The American streams show a few slides of content (mostly ongoing stuff with a bit of new stuff everyone already knew about) and then they have to fill an hour just fucking about.
Octopath doesn't have that excuse so idk why they don't put more effort into going over the knitty gritty of the game and upcoming content. I guess it really is just as >>946634 says. OO streams are decent though; global exclusive characters get full breakdowns on stream by a dude who actually knows the mechanics and what he's talking about.
>>
File: 925467536.jpg (76 KB, 1000x734)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>like primrose because of OG octopath
>like lynette because of nu octopath
>pulling for primrose feels weird because I don't really feel like I need her with lynette
>not pulling for primrose feels weird because I like her and skipping someone I like is cringe
bit of an unfortunate situation
I'll probably have to just hope I luckshit her on some other banner months from now...
>>
>>946647
>OO streams are decent though
They used to be great.
Nowadays it feels like they just wanna get that shit over with an get out of there asap. If they didn't do the coop in between slides those streams would be 15 minutes tops.
>>
Okay I give up on this gacha
It just hates me
Someone post cute Tressa to cheer me up
>>
>>946653
I do aim to get the 8 original Octos in order to put them on the same team and for pictures especially after looking at the Summer Vacation photo op, that way I can pretend there was proper interaction between the 8
>>
File: 55ikjkce4uk11.jpg (242 KB, 1600x1600)
242 KB
242 KB JPG
>>946663
>>
File: tressaphone.png (994 KB, 1920x1980)
994 KB
994 KB PNG
>>946663
it took me like a full day to get tressa too
sending good tressa vibes your way
>>
>>946674
>>946670
I literally have no time to try and reroll for her anymore, and even if I did that would just mean I'd be suckered into playing another gacha
>>
File: 46458924.png (644 KB, 800x825)
644 KB
644 KB PNG
>>946663
>>946681
don't give up!
>>
>>946685
Too late
I'm replaying Octopath Traveler instead
>>
>>946699
anon this gacha is slow paced youd be better off just playing it instead
>>
File: 1611105134438.jpg (148 KB, 849x1200)
148 KB
148 KB JPG
>>946663
>>
>>946719
>500 leaves for her hat
Give me that hat
>>
>>946719
ravioli ravioli do not lewd the colzione
>>
File: 8569745373.png (1.36 MB, 850x1089)
1.36 MB
1.36 MB PNG
>>946699
You could also pull for hotter Tressa in a few days
>>
>>946721
>>
>>946552
Same here. It’s completely lag-free otherwise, which makes this extra weird.
>>
>>946724
>better Tressa
Blatant lies
>>946770
Great, I made her nervous
>>
File: Spoiler Image (157 KB, 849x1200)
157 KB
157 KB JPG
>>946830
others chipped in
>>
Tressa is for Ali
>>
>>946830
>better tressa
you know, i went into cotc wondering if anyone could leave an impression on me like tressa
unfortunately the characters are hands-off of the main story and all they get is a snippet of their own character story, but fiore's super grown on me
and she's neighbors with tressa! what a fun coincidence, now i imagine that i'm having them journey everywhere together and it's great
>>
>>946837
Yea, most of the traveler sidestories are duds but I really liked Fiore's for some reason. Haven't done too many yet but she was the only one I wouldn't have skipped if there was an option to.
>>
File: 2022-08-09_14h51_19.jpg (479 KB, 1366x768)
479 KB
479 KB JPG
>>946398
Tressa and Fiore chatting
Lynette being a whore
Rodion being a kid
>>
What do I trade with guide fragments. Do you keep them for their next banner or they don't carry over. Guidestones and boost berries don't seem very worth.
>>
>>945939
I want the cute octopus as a party member tbqh.
>>
I have no idea what I'm doing
>>
>>947041
Welcome to life anon
>>
>>947029
He takes up all 8 slots
>>
>>947125
Reminds me of the unicorn in Suikoden 2.
>>
File: 1638859621426.png (33 KB, 164x122)
33 KB
33 KB PNG
>>947029
This looks like Waluigi's face with long ears and wearing a wig.
>>
File: nice digits.jpg (15 KB, 327x103)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
the game showing play time is making me anxious
>>
>>947143
>I'll play this for a bit and then bin it
>suddenly 14 hours
Guess I'm getting sucked in.
>>
What does this mean? I thought it was for people you have taken all possessions from/total people but that's not it. I had a blue guy I'm still working on.
>>
>>947219
People you've talked to.
>>
i really wish all dailies followed reset instead of a dumb 20h timer
>>
>>947377
Do them to reset and you're good to go?
>>
If I'm rerolling should I be pulling on the step up banner even though the featured units aren't s tier? Since it's cheaper it seems like a better deal than the generic banner right?
>>
>>946830
I didn't say better though, I said hotter.
>>
Why is this game so dark?
>>
>>947463
yeah, unless you want heathcote or tressa
primrose will come around when tressa ends within the next day or so too

>>947483
so tressa'a smile can brighten your day even further
>>
I feel really late, what wont I get?
>>
>>947496
3 small nuts and 3,5 rubbies
>>
What's the math on how many rubies you typically need to pull a character?
If the hard pity is 200 and its 300 a pull that'd be 6000, minus whatever you save from the step up? Seems bad on paper, but it doesn't account for the possibility you pull them on the way to that pity.

Is there some magic number where you mathematically have a good chance to pull them by X rubies?
>>
>>947493
how good is primrose? since the stepup goes away tomorrow, I'd have to pick between those options.
>>
>>947551
I'd like to know as well.
Particularly if I already have Lynette
>>
File: tre.jpg (319 KB, 1600x900)
319 KB
319 KB JPG
>>945939
2 died of heat exhaustion
>>
>>947551
>>947557
Primrose is VERY good. She's faster and has more magic than Lynette and her buffs are much stronger, but she slurps way more SP than Lynette and is frailer. She also has dark magic over fire which is good because good dark magic is currently rare, but also bad because fire synergizes better with Viola (current strongest traveler in the game).
TLDR she's very good but if you don't care about OG Octopath and/or have Lynette you could
>>
>>947636
*could skip.
Also I just remembered that she has an HP restoring passive which helps with her frailty
>>
>>947643
It's an SP restoring passive. As long as she is above 75% health she restores SP every turn.
>>
>>947651
Oh oops, completely misread that. Thanks for the correction
>>
File: Sans titre.png (20 KB, 763x472)
20 KB
20 KB PNG
>>947546
Here are the chances of getting the rate up character (4.5* or 5*) based on Tressa's banner

To math out the chances of getting at least one copy with a random you go this way : (1 - 0.012 ** pullNumber) * 100
>>
>>947546
From my understanding Step Up banners on JP were extremely rare, you should normally be working under the assumption that there's no Step Up and it's just the banner itself, like with Tressa.
And the magic number is 6000, You never give RNG the chance to dick you over in a gacha if you can help it. Alternatively 6000 minus whatever you're willing to whale at a moment's notice in case you get unlucky.
>>
Got a few things to say/ask about equipment.
I found that level 85 NPC in Emberglow yesterday and saw he had a level 60 weapon I could win off him. Is there meant to always be a discrepancy between character level and equipment level? In other words, when I hit level 85 or 90 myself, should I expect to be wearing level 60 gear?
Someone here told me by the time I reach Ch1 of Master of All, I should have the right gear to take on level 35 elites; what level of gear should I be aiming for exactly, and where do I unlock it?
Finally, I've noticed that my 3.5* Peredir has been doing noticeably more damage than my 5* Fiore, Tressa and Lynette. Even when he and Lynette are both hitting fire weakness, he's outpacing her by a good bit. I suspect this it because his weapon's level is in the 30s while they are stuck with low 20s weapons. Am I correct in supposing that the biggest impact on improving a character's damage comes from giving them higher level weapons as opposed to just leveling them up?
>>
>start with lyn
>pull 3 4stars and nothing else with free pulls
sadge
>>
>>947813
Not really (though most people cheap out on crafting gear since it gets replaced so quickly until like lvl ~40-50, which causes their gear to lag behind their character level). However the max level equipment in the game on Global is lvl 60, so assuming you manage to get your hands on some level 60 equipment early, your level 60 characters are going to be using level 60 equipment. But if you max out your characters and they're level 100, they're also going to be using level 60 equipment. Because the level 60 equipment is the highest level equipment in the game right now.
The generic lvl 30ish gear. either by going to zones with recommended level ~30 and getting the materials to drop from random enemies which will unlock the recipes to craft them or just keep moving along in the story in which case you'll get it from chests / NPCs
Good equipment makes a huge difference in the damage they do
>>
File: thumb guy.jpg (6 KB, 183x199)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>947834
Thanks bro, you covered everything I wanted to know.
>>
>>947813
Lv 60 is the highest level gear. Once you hit 60 you can grind to increase the power the gear.
>>
No more daily rubies in the mail?
>>
>>947813
>3.5* Peredir has been doing noticeably more damage than my 5* Fiore, Tressa and Lynette
Equipment grade matters more than the stats it gives so its normal when the gap is almost 10 levels
>>
Best cait farming spots to be ready for the chapter 8 boss?
>>
>>948089
anywhere in the castle can spawn the fat ones and coy fat ones.
>>
>>948096
Any guides on which npcs give out multi hits? I'm not there yet, but judging by the ad ones, my team can't even hope to break them fast enough.
>>
>>948100
ideally you'll break them on turn 2, and kill them on turn 3. there's a page on the jp wiki for multi hit allies but I aint diggin it up. You can hire one in rippletide that's a bow user, 2nd to last house all the way on the right of town. Then in the slums of crag on the bottom left is a guy you can hire with axe iirc. You may also want to use some 3.5/4*s if you can, and also go for the +1 starting BP on your base 5* characters. Shelby, madeline, sigrid, lucetta and aslyte come to mind as characters with a 3x move.
>>
>>948103
Thanks, gonna search that wiki for the whole info, but the bits you gave are already a big help
>>
Just finished Master of Wealth, holy shit that twist near the end. Had this playing in my head during it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGZyl_O7P2s&ab_channel=SawSoundtracks
Now the letter you find in Ch3 makes so much sense. I, just like my character, was so drawn into the story I failed to notice what was under my nose, like a classic magician's trick. Brilliant stuff. Or should I say, marvellous!
I think I'm very close to Hunts, I might finally unlock them today!
>>
So, how's the English dub? Is it anywhere near as good as the original Octopath Traveler game's dub?
>>
>>948140
Doesn't have one
>>
>>948147
Damnation. This is BlazBlue Centralfiction all over again.
>>
>>947514
DAMN IT, THERE'S NO POINT, AAHH FUCK. Got the worst sense of timing.
>>
How do I get into the locked house on the west side of Valore? I suspect that's where the last red NPC is located.
>>
>>946450
The A13 I bought last month keeps failing to install it, even after I downloaded the APK.
>>
>scrounging up some rubies before tressa leaves
>heading to random places to finish off elites i never did
>level 35 frost dragon kicks my ass despite being at 46
no one died but damn that dragon hit super fucking hard
>>
>credits scroll
wew, that was a pretty cool ending. Looks like I, the slowest slowpoke of all, have finally reached Master of All Chapter 1 after playing a bit each day since launch. Cragspear's on my map, I know that's where Hunts unlock. Just gotta get there...
>>948253
Good luck!
>>
>>948137
You mean Master of Fame?
>>
File: 1660097068821.jpg (1.88 MB, 2960x1440)
1.88 MB
1.88 MB JPG
Stick with this or keep rerolling? It's the first time I got 3 5*s but I got pretty weak pulls outside of that
>>
>>948302
just accept fate and play the game
>>
>>948293
Yes, I'm retarded
>>
>>948302
Stick with it. You should be able to steamroll most of the fights with these characters.
>>
What's the BGM playing in Cragspear? Was it in the original game? It makes me nostalgic for another different game for some reason.
>>
Should I roll the Tressa banner again before the maintenance?
I have her but I want to awaken her
>>
>>948313
Probably not, rolling for dupes in a game this stingy sounds like a fool's errand. Oh shit, how many minutes/hours do we have til maint?
>>
>>948313
do it for tressa
unless you care about primrose, etc
>>
>>948313
>>948323
Is there reliable ways to awaken without getting dupes? (even if they take a while)?
>>
UOOOOOOOH MARVELOUS
>>
>>948323
7am UTC
>>
this might be a retarded question considering its a gacha but do you think they will add english voices because I miss hearing Tressa's english voicelines
>>
>>948336
Nope, not even in JP.
>>948344
So about 4.5 hours from now? Nice, thanks.
>>948347
It's not completely unheard of. I saw an ad for a mobile game the other day (maybe it was Arknights?) advertising they had added English voices. People ask the hosts about an English dub every single stream so they are aware people want it. I'd say odds are at least 10% it happens.
>>
Finally, finished my first hunt. I can now relax. Good luck to any Primbros rolling after maintenance! I only have 2300 of the 6000 rubies needed to guarantee her, so I'mma skip.
>>
will primrose banner have a step up version?
don't have nearly the 6000 rubies needed for a guarantee and could be left with nothing at all if it's the normal banner like heathcote/tressa
>>
>i'll just go through gilderoy's quests, what's the worst that can happen
wow that last battle sucked
>>
File: 2022-08-10_11h45_18.jpg (384 KB, 1366x768)
384 KB
384 KB JPG
bitch this is going to take forever
>>
i wonder how the young wayfarer truly feels about living in the nameless town after being beat the shit out of every single day
>>
>278 rubies
fine, i guess i won't get to do one last 10x for tressa dupe, nine singles it is
>>
the rate up's like Tressa and Heacothe get added to the main rolling right?
I can always get Primrose later, I already have a 5 star dancer, I'm going to try for a Tressa dupe
>>
>>948459
>didn't get anything
time to console myself with this imageset i've been thinking about all day >>946719
>>
>>948463
didn't get anything
but I will continue to move forward and claim victory even with the shackles of f2p
>>
>>948302
Lack of bow users sucks but outside of that i'd keep this if i were you
Fiore deals good dps even when not hitting weakness
>>
why does the pity exchange last 30 days?
it doesn't carry over or anything, does it?
i could grab 45 tressa guidestones from it
>>
Rinyuu a cute
>>
>>948578
Rinyuu a single and emotionally vulnerable
>>
How much longer til maintanance fucks off?
>>
>>948338
Holy shit Fame rocked.
>>
>>948578
Rinyuu a whore. An stupid one at that
>>
>>948690
Complete the story retard
>>
>>948700
Master of power? I did. Or is she going to play a role in the master of all?
>>
>>948312
>What's the BGM playing in Cragspear? Was it in the original game?
Yes. Among Stately Peaks. Orewell, Beneath the Crags plays in the slums.
>>
>>948716
Yeah that's it. I swear I've heard something close to 1:00 ~ 1:20 in some MMO I used to play.
>>
200mb download...
>>
YO!!! THEY'RE CHANGING THE COMPENSATION THINGY.
YOU CAN PULL NOW AND STILL BE COMPENSATED!! GO GO GO GET THAT FREE 5*!!!
>>
>>948796
you mean for the Fiore and other bitch?
I finished the 5 steps before the maintenance so will I get it?
>>
>>948799
Everyone that completes Step 5 can get it.
>>
>>948409
went all in for primrose
60 rolls later and not a single 5* appeared, only 1 4.5* which is scarecrow
shit sucks
>>
>>948796
what is the compensation?
>>
I'm gonna say the G word
>>
>>948812
Cygenerous...
>>
Jack. Fucking. Pot. The exact spook I wanted. I'll be cashing in on my free Fiore/Sophia. Good luck to everyone else!
>>
>>948811
Banner extended until the 24th, everyone who completes the step up gets their choice of a free Sophia or Fiore.
>>
>>948812
Does this work retroactively?
Like if I only did the first couple could I finish it off and guarantee one of them?
>>
>>948815
we only get the choice after the banner ends right
>>
File: 2022-08-10_18h36_08.jpg (232 KB, 1366x768)
232 KB
232 KB JPG
>>948825
>>
>>948830
so yes, finish now and you get compensated on the 24th
>>
File: 1589833479723.gif (173 KB, 640x548)
173 KB
173 KB GIF
>yew you hear Primroses theme
>>
>>948830
Damn now I got a tough call.
3x10 rolls for a guaranteed Fiore
Of 3x10 rolls for a chance at Prim...
>>
>>948842
you have two weeks to try doing both
>>
I can finally PROGRESS! I want to nolife this game for tonight, let's see how far I can get.
>>
Lynette on 1st step and Sofia on 3rd step
This step up has been blessed
>>
>>948844
how much rubies would I even get in 2 weeks?
>>
>>948871
lol
>>
>>948812
Gigabased
>>
File: 1641329958905.jpg (213 KB, 500x500)
213 KB
213 KB JPG
It's hard to believe that square actually changed their stance on compensation. But fuck me that's good news! Really looking forward to Fiore since I desperately need a dark character. New If I could just get a nice wind character too

Any good Hunter/Merchant 4-stars to look out for? Currently using Pia and Bertrand.But I think I will replace Bertrand with Lucetta as soon as I can unlock her 4* Panel and Merchants seems to have lots of wind spells

>>941976
Is my current comp. Only levels have changed. I gotta admit this is the first time I really feel like I got the long end of the stick without having to Re-roll and it's going to get even better with the compensation
>>
Step ups are very good compared to pulling normally.
How common are they? Is pulling on a normal banner a trap and you should always wait for a step up?
>>
File: uoh.png (371 KB, 598x687)
371 KB
371 KB PNG
reminder
>>
>>948845
I'm a little worried, half my team are 3.5 star characters and have already hit the level 4o cap. The game isn't too hard yet but am I going to get walled in the story at some point? Just got to the coastal town.
>>
>>948907
>am I going to get walled
Yes. By around Master of All Chapter 4, the danger zone will be on level 42+, while 3.5* caps at level 40. The final boss is at level 65 afaik.
>>
>>948907
Definitely. 4-5 stars make a really big difference. Higher levels mean better equipment and they start scaling upwards pretty harshly at 40+

Have you spend any gems yet? Just going by free currency you should be able to get at the very least a good amount of 4-stars. Try to transition away from your level 40 locked characters and swapping in someone with higher level caps
>>
>>948842
In a similar boat. Was planning on trying a few pulls for Primrose, unlikely I get her though. Or I can just drop 1200 and definitely walk away with a Sofia/Fiore.

Already have Lynette so Primrose was more of a "I like her" pull than "I need her". I think either Sofia/Fiore would be a clear cut upgrade over what I'm currently running in those roles so its tempting. Not sure which I'd pick but either would be nice to have.
>>
>>948910
>>948909
I'm trying to wait until the Nier collab in October but if you guys are saying I should pull on this step-up, I will. I haven't spent any gems outside of the standard x10 pull when rerolling, so I have more than enough for a full step-up. I have no particular affiliation with any characters atm, but I definitely need to do some pulls before Nier if the wall is coming.
>>
>>948906
pwimuo0o0se
>>
>>948914
Nier is coming that soon? Shiiiiit
2B and A2 are must haves for me. I might have to cut out pulls altogether for my first couple months
I'll probably get RNGfucked and have to reroll and start over anyways because the desire sensor always does it to me in gachas
>>
File: 1651730915111.jpg (733 KB, 992x1403)
733 KB
733 KB JPG
>>948914
Do the step up lad! By all means it's an extremely good deal. And I even think you will get the compensation? It's a choice between Fiore/Sopihia look at >>948830

Honestly it's too good of a deal to skip it in my opinion lad. Do the rolls and post results
>>
>>948914
When they announced they'd be compensating those who pulled before the maintenance, I kicked myself for not taking the plunge. Now that they changed it...well...
>>
Help me decide between Fiore and Sophia
>>
>>948920
The "Special" spot in their roadmap must be a collab and it's gonna be Nier. I'll probably also reroll if I don't get my 9S

>>948921
>>948924
Yeah this comp makes the step-up much more attractive and the last gacha that walled me I dropped like a stone. Don't want that to happen here, I'm enjoying the game.
>>
>>948925
Sophia is the best Ice caster in the game. + If you fail at getting free stuff from npc characters she sneezes

Fiore is an Selfish Sword-Dark damage dealer and it's an really handy combination since we are lacking Dark casters right now. Haven't used her she supposedly does very high damage. Sophia does that as well. In my comp she almost one shots whole groups using her Aoe on even leveled foes if they are weak to ice
>>
>>948925
Do we even know if its a choice? It could just be a random box that has 1 or the other 50/50 chance
>>
>>948929
>If you fail at getting free stuff from npc characters she sneezes
not him but I'm liking this fact
changed leader from Tressa to Sofia and won't be changing to anyone else ever again
>>
File: 93856873658.jpg (127 KB, 724x1024)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
>>948933
>>948929
>>948925
Sofia is the best and most wholesome girl atm. She has already won my heart in such a short time.
She will hold down the fort until Ophelia arrives.
>>
>>948927
>Nier
It could easily be the Braverly collab or special cait hunts.
>>
>>948933
>>948935
Fantastic taste lads! The Sneezing is such an endearing touch
>>
So what is the plan? Are we rolling for Primrose or not?
>>
>>948936
>>948927
GL exclusive events also aren't out of the realm of possibility.
SE have done them for other games, with GL-first or GL-original units or collabs. Or just a unique event for GL version that has random shit.
>>
I got Sofia in Step 5, so I'll definitely get Fiore to finally replace my level 46 Nanna. I should have enough to do the step up if a collab is coming soon. I was thinking about just saving up for collabs, but this deal was just too good to pass up.
>>
>>948945
You don't need to if you have Lynette but I rerolled for Primrose anyways because I was saving for her.
>>
Is there a JP banner history? I want to see how common step ups are
>>
>have a 4.5 star Viola
>pull ANOTHER 4.5 star Viola
Fuck off just give me the 5 star.
>>
What The Fuckingtons
Hope I don't get run over and get fucked in ny main gacha's limited banner tomorrow...
>>
>>948921
I got Millard, I guess? I also got an Awakening jewel for Viola and Lynette so not bad.
>>
Do all limited units get guaranteed step ups or only collab ones? I'm considering this banner now that it's a random 5* + one of the featured units, but idk, considering how fast global is going I'm wondering if limiteds and collabs aren't gonna be more useful than two (or one if I get unlucky with dupes) general pool 5*s.
>>
>>948972
The step up is definitely worth doing. You need a couple strong units and these two are top tier
>>
Isn't the compensation Fiore/Sofia fortune box random? I thought it wasn't a player chosen traveller.
>>
Got 4.5* Scarecrow and Primrose from my rerolls, and Theo is the free 5*. Can I finally play the game now?
>>
>>949021
No, you can only play it when you have A2, 2B and 9S
>>
File: 1655419696392.png (1.76 MB, 1920x1080)
1.76 MB
1.76 MB PNG
>>949024
Anon, please, I don't want to wait until End of YoRHa releases to roll for them
>>
Does anyone know where I can find the Nut-Book in Cragspear?
>>
>>948979
Thanks, anon, it really was. Goddamn, was I lucky. Got 5* Theo and Gilderoy + 1 dupe each + 1 Lynette dupe and Sigrid's 4* upgrade and 4* Heinz.

The only one that I should save is Lynette's dupe, while everyone else can be awakened, right?
>>
>>949043
old guy north of cragspear, left side of the 'back gate'
>>
File: show.png (151 KB, 440x259)
151 KB
151 KB PNG
>>949043
https://game8-jp.translate.goog/octopathtraveler-sp/367604?_x_tr_sl=ja&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=sc#hm_4
>>
File: 2022-08-10_22h32_06.jpg (480 KB, 1366x768)
480 KB
480 KB JPG
I still don't know what to do in this situation
>>
>>949054
Hit weakness with all 4 travellers and use an ally summon that also hits the cait's weakness.
You can deal 15 shield damage with the 3-hit allies and 3-hit traveller skills that match the cait's weakness.
>>
>>949050
Fuck that part of the castle is locked since I just started the Main story quest where you attack the castle
>>
I was 100% expecting this game to be a grindy skinner box just like every gacha SE pushes out.
I am pleasantly surprised to find a game on par with the original Octopath. Currently at the 3 Kings meeting and the plot is engaging enough.
>>
File: 2022-08-10_22h41_01.jpg (366 KB, 1366x768)
366 KB
366 KB JPG
>>949056
nice
they didn't run away on 2nd turn when they did before, still don't understand that
>>
No new step up? Not sure if pulling.
>>
>>949065
It's random.
>>949067
Step up banners are actually really rare in JP apparently, only collabs and a few limiteds are guaranteed to have them.
>>
>>949072
Anywhere we can check which banner had a step up? Wouldn't want to miss out on them when they happen.
>>
>>949062
Same here, I gotta finish chapter 8 and Im still grinding.
>>
Sad they caved in and are listening to beggars.
>>
>>949091
haha get fucked cunt
>>
How many gems do you get playing through the main story?
>>
File: Anime_Fuck_u.jpg (37 KB, 645x677)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>949091
>>
File: 1655135165309.jpg (185 KB, 1125x2097)
185 KB
185 KB JPG
>>949091
>>
>>949079
What level is your team? mine is about 55 and one 62

No idea how hard this chapter is but I guess I will have to clear it all to get to the book sadly. Really wish I had known that he was in there before I progressed
>>
All my shit's gone and no Primrose, won't be able to hit pity with the stingy rewards I'm out I guess
>>
Spent 1700 rubies and no Primrose, I'm mad as fuck
>>
>Do full step up
>No Fiore or Sophia

Now i remember why i don't play gacha
Uninstalled.
>>
>>949175
Read news. By completing the step up you will get your guaranteed Fiore/Sophia on 24th.
Or just reroll if you are new.
>>
File: peltastA.jpg (158 KB, 600x600)
158 KB
158 KB JPG
>they actually listened
hope cautiously restored...
>>
Therese soon.
Seems like a lightning Peredir.
>>
>>949098
not done yet but i ended up with 120 guidances (so 3600 rubies) on tressa's banner
55 hours of gameplay so far, but there's about 4 more chapters for me to go i think and some launch stuff mixed in, and a lot of feats to grind through
>>
>get prim on first 10 pull
>try to pull 10 second time just because I can
>get Fiore AND awake stone for Millard

Now I only need a 5* thief or at least a class up for Wingate, since he kinda stuck at this point. I just hope my luck won't betray me once H'aanit appears.
>>
>>949217
Luckchads get the rope
>>
how to stop being lucklet
only game i am lucky in is arknights
>>
File: 1490683025115.gif (3.35 MB, 346x342)
3.35 MB
3.35 MB GIF
Bros, bros! What is this about the step up changes? I have played since launch and did not touch the step up at all; I haven't even done step 1. Are you saying if I do all five steps NOW, I'll get a random 5* on the last step and they will also send me a random Sophia or Fiore (already have Fiore) on the 24th? Rubies are so rare in this game, I need to be sure before I try this. I'm in a very similar situation to the anon earlier in the thread; I haven't done any rolls except my initial 10 pull because I'm saving for collab step ups and my squad is mostly 3* and 3.5*. Just yesterday I started hitting level 40 (currently on Chapter 1 of Master of All). If someone can confirm that the changes to the step up are what I think they are and I can roll on it even though it's after maintenance and still get compensation even now, I think I'll try for it.
Pretty nervous to roll though. Everyone in the thread looks to be luckshitting the banner left and right, which always means I end up being the one left holding the bag. I'm the most unlucky dude I've ever met irl or online and I just know I'll only get the token 5* instead of 3 or more like everyone else today but even if all I get is that and some 4 stars, it should still be a big upgrade for me.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3hb4qaYu6A&ab_channel=SquareEnix
Wait, what the fuck?! This just dropped an hour ago. I have fuck all for good lightning characters but this is Octopath so I can't pull.
>>
>>949234
>Are you saying if I do all five steps NOW, I'll get a random 5* on the last step and they will also send me a random Sophia or Fiore (already have Fiore) on the 24th?
You got it absolutely right. Do step 5 then just save for collabs and use the two 5-stars you get to do content.
>>
>>949224
I also never rerolled. Not even once.
>>
>>949237
I already Have Sophia but I think it could be sort of neat to make an Elemental focused team even if it's going to have some Tome overlap. Would that be Ill-advised? I guess you should always aim to bring one of every weapon
>>
>>949238
Awesome, thank you. Knowing me, I'll get a Fiore dupe instead of a new Sophia. Would you say it's still worth it even to get just one guaranteed 5* plus a dupe?
>>
>>949248
Eventually there will be a special boss mode that forces you to make entire teams out of each job, so don't worry about tome or elemental overlap. That said, unless for some reason you are hardwalled without a powerful lightning user, I would say skip Therese and keep saving.
>>
>>949251
I see. Guess I'll keep saving for the Bravely default Collab. I also really really hope we get to choose between Fiore/Sophia from the Compensation. It sort of look like we get A medal when can use on the Guided Traveler banners and I think they will each have one for the medal?
>>
>>949249
A dupe is a 30% increase in all stats, so I'd say it'd still be really good.
>>
>>949260
The compensation is a fortune box, which means it's random. 50/50 chance of Fiore or Sophia. Being able to choose would be ultra based, but don't expect it.
>>949261
Guess it's time to nervously pull the trigger then, thanks again.
>>
>>949269
I see. I already Lucked my way to 2-Awkening Sophia. So if I end up with another Duplicate should I save the Ascension for when they get their Special skills? 50% hp sounds pretty fucking nice too
>>
I can't believe it...the very first character to appear in the very first pull, step 1, was 4.5 Sophia! So she'll either upgrade to 5* with the compensation or I'll awaken my Fiore, neat! Did not expect to be able to start using Sophia today. Guess I should put her in my hunt team to get those guidestones. Ah, it's so nice to have her back from the closed beta. Got my boy Devin too!
>>
File: 1659366789710661.jpg (713 KB, 1920x1154)
713 KB
713 KB JPG
>>949284
Congratulations anon! We're all going to make it bro.. I'm s-so happy!
>>
File: happy negro.jpg (11 KB, 180x241)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>949294
Thanks bro! Step 2 had 5* Scarecrow...I'm so happy I could cry. My only other hunter was 3* Vivian who hit level 40 cap yesterday.
>>
File: 1651924060683.gif (50 KB, 128x128)
50 KB
50 KB GIF
>>949296
B-Bro!
>>
AND THE GUARANTEED 5 STAR WAS VIOLA! THE ONLY THIEF I HAD BEFORE TODAY WAS BILLY!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

My team used to be >>941775, now it's pic related.
>>
File: 1654178846383.gif (1.01 MB, 100x300)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB GIF
>>949313
That's fucking great bro! Congratulations on getting such a great team!
>>
>>949319
Thanks bro! I'm so glad I went for it. Being lucky feels so weird, but so good. If I can level them up, I should be able to handle everything in the story now that I have a bunch of people who can reach level 60+. As for my two non-5* slots, I think 3.5* Menno is my best cleric but other options I pulled were 3.5* Madelaine, 4* Ramona and 3.5* Cedric whom I've all heard mentioned in videos before. And as for an apothecary besides 4* Rodion I also have 3.5* Merrit and 4* Shelby but I think I will stick with Rodion because he can set regen. Not gonna bother mentioning my 3 stars.
>>
Does anyone know how I can reach the elite monster and the chest in the foreground of this pic? It's the only chest I'm missing in South Cragspear Pass. Do I need to unlock the route to the Riverlands and re-enter the map from an area to the south? There doesn't appear to be a path down to this chest from either the left or the right. Also, gonna ask again about how to get into the locked house on the west side of Valore.
>>
I kinda wish the game had a more traditional exp distribution.
I got 5k exp from each 3 caits on today's finds which gave my whole team 2 levels. Meanwhile random enemies around my level give like 150 exp at the very most. Random battles feel so pointless outside of restoring my hp/sp between elites.
>>
>>949395
once your influence is high enough for consistent spawns then you're grinding overworld cait groups for exp instead
also you get feats/materials to sell out of random battles at least
>>
>>949385
There's a spot just below the bridge on the left side where you can go down. It's hard to hit it since you also walk at an angle there.
>>
>>949406
Thanks! I think I can even see it in my pic.
>>
>>949402
How high does the influence need to be?
>>
>used a bunch of nuts at the start to get everyone to 15-20
>go into learn skills for the first time
>"oh I got tons of JP lets just get everything who doesn't love stats xD!!"
>move on to the next board until I run out of JP
>actually look at the later boards and what they unlock
>realize that the right move would have probably been doing bare minimum to get to the highest board and unlock the best skills
>but I wasted so many points on board 1/2 side nodes
How bad did I fuck myself with this impulsiveness?
>>
>>949449
not really, skipping the eh panels on early boards only saves like 5-10jp overall, since those higher level unlocks in the early boards cost 5 each and you'll have to open some panels to get to them anyway
>>
>>949449
for your current level its still okay, all you have to remember is saving 5 JP for 3*s when they about to hit lv 45 so you can get their sweet +60 influence right away
>>
>>949449
You'll be okay. Later boards cost more JP but you also get more JP per level at later levels, so progression stays pretty steady.
>>
>Lady Hermenia will sell her own body for the right price and has slept with many wealthy people in the realm
How much do you reckon she charges?
>>
Just read a very good comment on a youtube video from a JPbro that answers the burning question people ask here over and over: who are we saving for? No way I can fit it in one post with the word limit, so this'll be like four posts or more:

Here is a ruby spend summary if the vid for ruby spending won't be there: Overall try to focus on 'generic' characters who will appear in 'all pulls' eventually. This is due to 'awakening system' which needs dupes for 5 star units to get the most out of them. Out of those 'generic' ones you obviously want to select best ones.. IMO top tier generic ones are: Ophelia, Alfyn, Cyrus, Cecily, Lynette, Zanter, Viola/Therion, Sophia in that order. All are different classes aside of Cyrus/Sophia (sophia mostly mentioned because she is already here and pretty solid, worst of the bunch though outside of anti ice) and Viola/Therion. As you can see - that's 9 top tier 'generic' characters for 7 classes out of 8. 3 of which you can already see in the game. The first 4 are: fully dedicated healer cleric, a semi healer/semi BP support/semi ice/axe(4 hits both) damage apothecary, an elemental breaker scholar(fire/ice/thunder x3 hits AoE), a weapon breaker merchant(x3 spear/axe/book AoE)... Zanter is a break focused hunter with 5 bow hits to random targets.. who also has a double dagger+AoE fan hit for extra general purpose 'utility' Therion is IMO even better than Viola(he is not debuffer though, but instead pure breaker though) - he has passive which duplicates the use of skill if he uses BP.. which ends up his generic 3 hit skill doing 6 hits when BP is used... crazy, I know, this is one of highest damage attacks in the game this way. But if Viola is the only one you lack out of current top tier characters - I would stop pulling and just wait to get her passively in other pulls or just eventually get therion instead.
>>
>>949469
This stands for 'advice' in general - if a character is not rate up in gacha - it's better not to try for it actively as odds are low, chances are - you will passively get it in the future. Always save for the moment when characters you want are released with rate up. The class I didn't mention is warrior.. Warrior... the generic ones all suck... so I recommend getting a non generic Richard(who might become generic), who will always be a must in any anti sword/spear composition. Rondo is another good warrior who is mostly sword/light warrior. Meanwhile I highly recommend using 'Sigrid' 4 star if you get her as 4 star. Out of ones I mentioned - Zanter(hunter) should release very soon. Cyrus shouldn't be too far either(mind that not too far is a few month at least, it's gacha, so yeah, big wait times are generic)... I am obviously not saying that this order is absolute, since we skipped some gachas and got Tressa instead for example... so order might differ. Overall my best tip is to generally avoid 'collab event' characters unless you plan to roll a lot and get them to at least a few awakenings.
>>
>>949471
If you really want some collab - Nier collab has A2 thief who is probably the strongest burst damage dealer in the game for short battles. I would say this list is enough for 'f2p', since you are unlikely to get more than that with the amount of rubies you get unless you get lucky. Only roll a generic character once(doesn't matter if 4.5 or 5, just upgrade if it's 4.5) and for awakenings - you will have more chances as you keep rolling for next ones. A 'perfect' generic explore party out of those would be - Ophelia, Alfyn, Cyrus, Cecily, Lynette, Zanter, Viola/Therion and Richard. Viola can easily replace Therion and vice versa basically, both have own advantages.. You have 2 top tier 'extras' with this party - one of Viola/Therion and Sophia. Sophia is worth replacing someone who does not contribute much when you need to tackle ice weakness. Viola/Therion can also both be used at same time if you need more dagger hits. While aiming for those characters - you will also get more 5 stars that are likely not terrible but worse.. still often worth replacing someone just for hitting weaknesses. Alfyn/Ophelia/Lynette are only ones I would never replace myself since they have loads of generic heals/support utility. Viola is also nearly always useful for at least weakening enemy if anything.
>>
>>949473
Then someone asks him about whether they should wait til they've saved 6k rubies for these chars and the guy replies:

All of those characters(aside of ones already here) will come out with 'increased rate'(like current Tressa) and even later be rollable 'anywhere'(aside of Richard so far, but that's prob a matter of time). I recommend rolling for the currently unreleased ones when they release regardless of how much you saved.. getting a 4.5 or 5 star version of a new character before pity is extremely high chance. I would say on average you should expect approx ~1.5-2k rubies spent per rate up character(4.5 or 5 star.. chances of one you get being 4.5 is 33.3% and 5 is 66.6%). Possibly less/more, but that should be average in the long run. Do not think this gives huge leeway though, since ruby gains get lower with time, hence why advice is to only go for those generic ones I mentioned and only one copy during rate up(unless you get super unlucky and are close to pity rolling one extra copy, which is probably worth an extra ~600-900 rubies spent) If you however want to pull a non 'generic' character - it's best to actually go until pity no matter what to get more copies for the awakening system. Usually on average - pity will yield you enough copies of the character to max out the awakening.

Note, I am not the dude who originally posted this and this is advice for f2p.
>>
>>949475
His advice seems based on the fact that rate up characters only get a tiny rate up, but also because our pool is small enough that your off banners should be mostly the same characters.
>>
The awakening system in general just seems really awful. It seems like the kind of system that is just begging for a QoL update in year 2-3 that lets you slowly acquire item(s) that lets you awaken anyone. But JP still doesn't have it so idk.
Seems like a really questionable way to "punish" people for wanting collab units
>>
>>949486
Yeah, it sucks and might be the worst part of the game imo. Basically makes collab units into either whale only or f2p trophies because the characters in the permanent pool will always outstat them from the offbanner dupes you pull. And I'm really curious how this is supposed to work when they introduced limit bursts or whatever those ultimate skills are called that require an awakening stone from a dupe to reach max level. Did the collab units that came out before these skills were introduced just not get any because there was no way to go back and pull for more dupes? And if they did get these skills as part of the update that gave them to everyone, then only whales who had pulled them six times or more would've been able to max them, because who would think of saving an awakening stone before there was a reason introduced to save them?
>>
What did we think of Swordsman "El"s story? I liked it more than some OG octopath ones.
>>
>>949468
As many rubies you spend on her banner
>>
>>949509
I'll let you know when I get to it. A bunch of traveler tales just dropped and I don't know who's on the writing team but the tastes are definitely... varied.
>Felline
My mom told me to get married and now there's this cute knight I wonder if I can confess to him teehee.
>Cless
The woman you loved secretly also loved you and whored herself out to keep you safe. Also she gave birth to a rape baby and died on the streets. Btw look at this painting we made of her being raped lol
Whoever keeps putting NTR in the game must have favors stacked up on the writing team.
>>
Bravely default collab when?
>>
>>949543
The traveler sidestories are definitely on the lower side in effort, the one I mentioned is main story.
>>
>>949543
Its actually unsettling how much rape there in the game. I've already seen at least 3 and I haven't even been playing long.
And they are just cute pixel waifus too they don't deserve that. The Octopath world is a total shithole.
>>
>>947514
3,5k? 3500? Three thousand five hundred?
>>
>>949632
about tree fiddy
>>
>>949486
Honestly only the first one is substantial for most characters. the 50 to most stats is big, but after that is another skill slot that a character might not even need, then more HP and and finally an accessory. I know cyrus will want the extra slot if you're lazy, and primrose could use it if you intend to keep all 4 of her good skills on, but you could probably drop the fan attack or dance if there's another dancer. Don't personally see a point for the rest of my characters. Would like a generic awaken item for 5*s though
>>
>>949632
>>
Yesterday I fully cleared my first hunt, the level 25 one. I checked hunts just now to do my dailies and the level 25 one is still the only one available. Do I unlock more through the story?
>>
>>949655
Yes
>>
>>949660
Thanks fren. For some reason I was under the impression that clearing one unlocked the next and so forth.
>>
>>949655
Yes. You get 1 more hunt per chapter of MoA that you clear.
>>
>>949662
Nope, just story progress. So if you want you can save tickets for higher level ones for a few days. You don't need to go back and do older ones to do higher level ones and I don't think there's any first time clear feats for anything besides killing the elite mobs in each.
>>
>>949681
Ah, that's a good idea. I didn't even think of saving them. Spent today's on the first one 'cause I want a shot at sword and tome seals.
>>
>>949689
at first I saved mine until I could at least do the 300 tier 2nd chests, then saved for 500 after I realized you can get 3* characters to 100 influence at level 45. then I saved again for Primrose's release and +10 gold shards a hunt bonus. kinda comfy to just skip clear several in a row
>>
>>949692
Jeez, I can't even get to 300 influence for the 2nd chest. I put all my 5* chars in my party so I could get gold guidestones but their influence is all over the map.
>>
>>949692
reminds me that i should probably use some nuts on characters just to be able to reach that 500 mark
>>
>rolling for standard characters

Don't fall for the bait on the step up, you retards... Unless of course you're already one or two steps away or don't care about spending money. Save your rubies or go for Prim if you don't have Lynette.
>>
>>949702
You'll have to sacrifice the back row for a long time to get those bonus chests. a 3* at 45 can hit 100 influence, 3.5/4*s can't do it until 65 and they hit 120. 5*'s have a lot of influence nodes but they're at 84+
>>
>>949706
Guess it's time to uncap some 3 stars then. If I put 4 power ones in the back, that's 400 influence at level 45. Lynette gives 80 and she's my only power 5* so it looks like I actually need five power 3 stars at level 45 (or just one of my 4 stars). That's six, so 2 slots left for random 5 stars. Fug, three of my five stars will be on the bench for hunts. Thanks for the tip about level 45 though, hitting 500 power should be doable.
>>
...shit, I don't have enough bronze guidestones. I was awakening Vivian the other day and now I can't uncap anyone to 45. Well, maybe I can still hit 300.
>>
>>949712
The later stages swap up the influences needed and preferred weapon types, so you can try for another kind of influence once you're further in. master of all doesn't really jump up in levels a bunch until chapter 6ish
>>
>>949705
Prim is standard too
>>
How long until we get characters with the EX Jobs like Starseer or Warmaster
What if its an additional tier in your JP screen but only for 5 star characters, I just want my Starseer Tressa back
>>
>>949738
Not yet. She's also a high tier character so that's a plus
>>
>>949777
I read the other day that JP players have been requesting it recently as it's not a thing in JP even after 2 years, so maybe they'll do it eventually for something like 3rd anniversary.
Speaking of anniversaries, special skills came out around JP's 1st anni so it'll probably be a while before we get them on EN.
>>
>>949643
Personally I just hate the feeling when a character I invested in will be "unfinished".
>>
>played octopath but never ended up beating it because I got busy with other stuff around 60% through
>play this and have a lot of fun
>start on the power route
>beat chapter 3 of that and its one of the coolest boss fights I've played in a phone game
>started on a second story now, want to keep playing this obviously but its also made me want to go back and finish or restart the original octopath and finally beat it
How far into COTC until you hit a point where you're just hopping on and doing daily stuff?
>>
>>949921
Around chapter V, VIII is where it gets a little time gated
>>
>>949543
>>949622
I cleared 2 chapters of Lynette's story yesterday (then I hit the level wall) and surprise, the dancing troupe master is also a serial rapist incel with a 20-year raping career.
What the hell.
>>
>>950004
Isn't that like every story?
>>
Any idea what is the best way to get the Seals for 4* skill boards? They cost a ridiculous amount of Guidestone shards in Exchange.
>>
>>950004
Even one of the game's main starter villains has a rape backstory
>>
>>949705
>bait on the step up

What the fuck are you talking about? The step-up is great. Especially considering that you will get the Compensation from doing step 5
>>
>>950049
Yeah idk what that anon is on. 1200 rubies for two guaranteed 5* plus whatever you get on the pulls is about as good of value we're likely to get until something like anniversary or fest banners.
>>
File: Manuel.png (1.53 MB, 871x934)
1.53 MB
1.53 MB PNG
Manuel is kinda hot
>>
>>950123
Gay. Also those proportions look weird, even for stylized art.
>>
>>949921
kinda lazy so once i hit mid 40s only log in to do cat ads nameless town stuff and hunt if i can but that can stack to 7
>>
Compensation pls come soon, I'm saving my hunt tickets to get more Fiore or Sofia stones...
>>
>>950223
Compensation on the 24th, you still have to wait 2 weeks.
I got Fiore from Step 5 so now I have to anxiously await the free Fiore/Sophia to decide how I spend the guide fragments. If Sophia drops I'll get her frags because the step up gave me a lot of those. If I dupe Fiore (which I will because it's a 50/50 and that means I get the worst outcome) then I'll grab more of hers.
Also there are daily & weekly quests for hunts. Daily is 10 bronze shards and weekly is 10 gold shards for 5 hunts. You should at least do the weeklies if you're hoarding passes.
>>
>>950230
I did my step up right after it was up so it should come within this week, hopefully.
Gotta save bronze and silver shards for the materials used to increase the stars.
>>
File: 1657927118799.png (243 KB, 506x506)
243 KB
243 KB PNG
At what level should I expect to be able to clear the Castle of King Paris? most of My team is level 55. Do I just chill and farm materials and xp until 60?

I was also wondering if I should save Cait hunts for clearing the castle Elites. If I am not mistaken you heal up 100% afterwards right?
>>
>>950257
60 with lv55-60 weapons and armor.
>>
>everyone talking about level 60
>I had to make a new team almost from scratch yesterday with all my step up pulls so I'm back down to around level 32
I'll get there maybe in a month or two. At least these 5 stars seem way stronger than my old level 40+ squad even missing 10 or so levels. I tried challenging a level 35 elite yesterday for the first time and stomped it even with gear only in the mid 20s.
>>
>>950289
Don't forget the nameless town's nut farm. I also changed like half my team with the step ups and got them all to 40s with it. What I don't get is where they are getting high lvl weapons, I'm either at the chapter where we go to the castle or the one before it and the strongest weapons I can craft are still lvl37.
>>
>>950294
Yeah, nuts are nice but I gotta get Clearbrook unlocked to upgrade it.
>>
How do we get those class up scared seals? Hunts? Or is the exchange the only way? Also what happens to guide fragments after the timer runs out?
>>
>>950336
Hunts, you have a really low rate on the 5* mats and higher rates on the other ones, having a higher influence might help getting them fasters but I'm getting conflicting statements if the extra chests only drop accessories or if they have a chance of dropping mats as well. IDK about fragments
>>
>>950336
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rU9IPNvQLrw&ab_channel=ShizukatzCotC
Very rare drops from hunts and also from the exchange (you'll get enough shards eventually, it's a long term project). Note that the class specific seals, the rarest kind, won't drop from every hunt. They will only drop from hunts that have their class' weapon as one of the recommended weapon types for the hunt.
>>
>>950339
I've had a thief silver seal drop from a second chest

>>950343
>not from every hunt
son of a bitch
>>
>>950358
I kinda worded that poorly. They will drop from every hunt, but the specific type of seal that drops will vary from hunt to hunt depending on the featured weapons.
>>
>>950294
>I'm either at the chapter where we go to the castle or the one before it and the strongest weapons I can craft are still lvl37.

Weapons will keep up with your levels, since enemies drop materials to make weapons at their level. Going to the castle is chapter 8.
>>
Do characters still get xp despite hitting max? As in they're still getting xp but it's locked until you limit break them. I'm curious if this works for like this or not and should I swap them out? I have two 4.5* that are stuck at Lv60
>>
>>950477
They will until they need 1 xp for that next level up, but none beyond there.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (1.07 MB, 2246x1080)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB JPG
NYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I really liked her bros. And here I thought I was underleveled and was gonna try again and save her...
>>
Servers are down right now or is it just me?
>>
>>950504
Pretty sure it's just you
>>
>>950494
When I saw that the HP bars didn't even move for the 3 ultra men when I hit weakness and the game didn't give me the standard boss warning, I knew it was gonna be just like the last chapter. I gotta say that MoA really likes telling you that you fucking suck dick and Pardis can kill everyone in his family that (You) care about while you watch helplessly.
Wealth was childhood friend NTR
Power was fiancee NTR
Fame was NTR + Mom NTR
Ah shit, was Master of All Player NTR all along?
>>
>>950237
>it should come within this week, hopefully.
Yeah, people that simply finished the step up after they fixed the description have to wait until the 24th, but if you did the last step within ~10h or so you should be getting your box soon
>>
How do I stop thinking about Tressa
>>
>>950530
By getting Gilderoy since they're the same
>>
>>950366
wait a minute this still doesn't seem true
i got a prince of thieves seal from the 35 hunt, which suggests sword, tome, staff, bow
>>
>Sofia's sneeze when she misses a path action
CUTE
>>
>>950494

The fact that Primrose is forced to watch never ceases to amuse me.
>>
>>950543
Yeah? The gold seal? Nice. I guess the vid I watched/posted was wrong then.
>>
>Rodion
>has an axe
>>
>>950537
I don’t even play this gacha
I just can’t stop thinking about her
>>
>>950595
looks like i have the memory of a goldfish actually, it was a tome seal which matches up so i was definitely wrong
though i can't decide whether more seal chances is worth it over guidestones for characters i actually use instead of 3*s just for padding
>>
File: 1660263850062.jpg (927 KB, 2048x1280)
927 KB
927 KB JPG
How the fuck are you suppose to kill the king when the faggot drains your entire front rows SP and 2nd phase swaps shield to 10-15 every turn, hits really hard(multi times), disables charge + leaves one paralyzed, and gives no time for back row to regenerate? WTF???

All my characters are above 62, 60 on all equipment, and my Viola is Lv78. Am I really suppose to use a continue? I refuse... Still pretty fucken fun kek
>>
>>950634
You wait for Alaune to fully heal your time.
>>
>>950634
You put the immune to dread accessory your healer and optimize your team to break his shields as soon as possible. He also has three phrases
>>
>>950644
Really, I waited for 19 turns before I died. How many turns do I stall for? Also had him around 45%
>>
>>950634
Post team
>>
>>950644
Wrong part.
>>
>>950647
NGMI
G
M
I
>>950652
Went another round I'll post once i fail again
>>
>>950634
figure out his weaknesses on rotation before fighting

get him to 1 shield
break/nuke him on his weaknesses
on the turn he recovers from break and changes rotation, preemptively use your boosts/skills to shave off his shield again
repeat
also don't be retarded and let him physical/magical counter you
>>
>>950667
>figure out his weaknesses on rotation before fighting
Only finding weaknesses for normal phases not when he swaps it himself/goes under half

>also don't be retarded and let him physical/magical counter you
So do I just go physical, magic, physical and vice versa if it's the opposite? after breaking his shield i could easily get him down to half with 1 rotation, it's just the shield that's fucking me over
>>
>>950689
>So do I just go physical, magic, physical and vice versa if it's the opposite?
the boss has a buff icon when countering, one representing physical attacks and another magical. it means the opposite of what's shown is safe to use against him
>>
>>950698
Ok now i get it. no wonder i still got hit
>>
>>950703
also as a forewarning, the 3rd stage has a similar gimmick which counters non-weakness attacks instead. so you want each row to have a move available that heals/buffs/debuffs instead of being forced to trigger it
>>
What the typical rundown of how I should be approaching fights? Its been working okay so far but it feels really awkward since it feels almost counter intuitive to bring a well rounded team.

Like for starters I figured it'd be good to have one of each job/weapon type for great coverage in any situation. Elements I kind of just take what I can get and I don't have much yet. Typically an enemy/boss has weakness that can be exploited by at most 4/8 of my party generally. If I want to force a break I have to waste their BP and they have no BP left for when they are broken to unload max damage. If I want to pool BP and slowly break I am putting myself at risk to whatever the boss does (so far seen some brutal status effects and SP drain), but if I can pull off the break I can go all out. Comfy middle ground is when the same pair both can hit weakness you can spend BP to break with one then swap to the other and BP for damage, but with 4/8 hitting weakness that means each shared row also = a row that can't exploit weakness.

TLDR my party members that can't hit weakness on a given boss feel useless on that boss. They can't help break, do no damage, and at best have some debuff or utility but it feels jank to have them. And tons of awkward situations where my support/utility are forced into the damage role it just feels weird.

My assumption is that when you get to super end game or w/e and have a wider roster to build from you can stack your team according to the battle. Like if you know a boss is weak to swords and spears you can bring 3+ of each of those and dumpster the poor bastard with constant weakness hits.
>>
>>950847
My main party is also the same, covering all the weapon and element types, but I am also grinding up substitutes for them that can work in a pinch so I can just swap them in if I need the extra break
>>
>>950530
why stop?
i found out that one imageset had an unfinished sketch so i hacked together a version of it using the artist's other works
https://litter.catbox.moe/dyzvrc.png
>>
>just fought this bitch
Damn what a fuckin banger
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCK5OncjWMk
>>
150$ and Still no Primrose. Do I go on anons or cut my losses?
>>
>>951002
how far from pity is that?
>>
>>951004
In total I am 120 pulls into the pity.
>>
>>951002
>pulling without enough for a pity
Play blackjack if you want to gamble.
>>
>>951008
Another 2400 rubies needed then? Lol. If you already spent the beginner bonuses there's no way you can collect that many before the banner ends even if you nolife the game. Cut your losses, she will be added to the pool later anyway. How much would you need to spend if you decide to whale more?
>>
>>951013
NTA, but so far I've got all the characters I wanted in the first 10x, saving for months and months is just absurd. Sometimes you'll get lucky, and others won't, it's just better to live with it
>>
I'm tired of rerolling daily cats
>>
>>951082
Don't reroll for the 5%, just aim for the middle. It's probably faster to run around in the overworld for more Caits.
>>
>>951014
Dropped another 100$ so now i'm at 160 pulls. If I spend another 100$ I'll end up with 190-200.
>>
Oh no lads... I went full retard and spend 600 gems rolling for primrose. Didn't get anything besides 5* Lucetta. I guess it's nothing compared to that other anon, but in my defense I was just trying to Luck-chad my way to her.

I was wondering what I should be saving up for as of now? When can we expect another Step-up banner? Or do I just try do one more 10 pull for Prim?
>>
>>951163
That's a lot of money...I think you should be able to reach 200 fragments from free rubies before time limit now
>>
>>951164
>When can we expect another Step-up banner?
Five minutes
>>
>>951163
Yikes Anon, sorry to hear. Would've been better off rerolling and getting her for free, but it sounds like (hopefully) you're someone that can afford this so might as well finish her off. Like the other guy said, try to see if you can get enough free rubies by the end of her banner to get her and save yourself a little money.
It's 600 USD to pity a character in this game due to the high pity (200 pulls, even Tact realized they had to lower it to 150 like other SE gacha). There's only one youtuber I watch occasionally who covers mobile games and he ended up not picking up Octopath because it was literally too expensive for him to whale and get the new characters to test out and write reviews on.
>>
>>950847
Your assumption about endgame is correct. What you're experiencing is the pain of hitting midgame too quickly due to global having a ton of ways to accelerate exp gain that JP didn't have combined with global starting off with months and months of extra content JP didn't have at launch. A lot of people are, simply by playing normally, blitzing ahead into a spot the game wasn't really designed for. Eventually you'll transition into building specialized teams that can focus on particular weaknesses, but until you've built up multiple characters of each job it's gonna get kinda rough as a varied team will inevitably have multiple useless members against bosses with only 3 or so weaknesses. If you have them, characters like Viola or Lynette or the various tanks and healers are useful even if they're not hitting weakness, so that'll help a bit.
>>
>kill wolf
>drops lizard claw
>kill bird
>drops lizard claw
>kill bear
>drops lizard claw
>kill lizard
>drops white ice ore
>>
I think ads are bugged for me
Everytime I leave the game on through daily reset it doesn't reset my daily ads but resets everything else
>>
>>951401
Many things in this game are on a 20 hour reset timer rather than refreshing on reset.
>>
File: 2022-08-13_01h08_39.jpg (327 KB, 1366x768)
327 KB
327 KB JPG
>>951403
I feel like it has been more than 20 hours
nevermind though since I get lots of overworld caits today
>>
>>951401
>>951422
Yeah, it's an actual bug. If you're in the game as the daily resets happen you don't get ads for the day.
>>
>>951427
Jesus, I'm lucky to be busy at resets, I guess.
Did SE at least acknowledge it?
>>
>>951334
Guess lizards are at the bottom of the food chain and all species have some lizard inside of them
>>
How long would it take to reroll for Primrose?

She was the only story I liked in Octopath
>>
trying to run this on emu
MSI App Player: can't install
LD Player: worked exactly once but with horrible graphic bug, restarted and now it crashes after loading data
Bluestacks N64: stuck on Now Loading, tried disconnecting internet and stuff but still stuck
>>
>>951582
It depends on rng, but her alone should be easy enough as she's on rate up. It gets harder the more characters you want.
>>
>>951586
Are there any OP must haves?
>>
>>951582
roughly 10 min per attempt, more if you want a specific starter before that
title screen -> options -> delete account and it's quick
>>
>>951588
The more 5*s you have, the better, and having a good type coverage also helps. But leaving team comp aside, Prim + Viola should be alright. Guides usually say Lynette + Viola, but Prim and Lynette are both dancers with similar tier ranks.
>>
>>951588
In the 5* range Lynette is a powerful party buffer, Sophia does big Ice damage due to passives that let her synergize with general buffers, and Viola is a great debuffer with access to unconditional break skills (2-hit AOE dagger and 2-hit fire)
4* is quite broader but standouts include Menno (Wind support and party regen), Berrad (big spear damage and physical damage boost on lane partner) and Wingate (Dark 2-hit AOE and gives lane partner extra damage to Broken foes) to name a fee.
If you're going for Prim don't worry about Lynette, just try to catch Viola, Sophia, or any other 5* really. I rolled Millard + Viola and got through to Chapter 5 without dying once. Your equipment and levels are what really matter.
>>
>>951584
Bluestacks P64: won't download data, also for some reason the only one forcing me to use VPN due to region block
back to playing on mobile then
>>
Any timed/limited stuff I should do? I've been treating this like a real game so far and haven't looked at all the currencies and all that usual gacha bullshit
>>
>no Tressa
She's gone forever isn't she
>>
>>951625
Only thing to rush is to finish Master of Wealth/Power/Fame and the Final Chapter of that storyline to unlock hunts so you can do those every day with a single button press. Other than that, nah, no time-limited stuff. Take your time bro.
>>951638
She will be added to the permanent pool, so eventually everyone will be able to reroll for her at any time and those who keep going will be spooked by her eventually. I've heard that the timing of adding characters to Chance Encounters (the permanent banner) tends to coincide with story updates. The next story update is going to be on August 24th, so that's a good time to look out for another shot at Tressa.
Not to mention she could get reruns for a higher chance of rolling her. JP has also gotten job-themed banners, such as a banner where everyone in the pool is merchants (or there's a higher chance for merchants, I'm not 100% sure) and after all 8 original Octopath characters were released, they got a step up banner featuring all 8 of them, including Tressa of course.

tldr she's not gone forever and there will be many more chances for her!
>>
>>951638
literally a general pool character, just gotta wait for the pool update
>>
>>951642
Yeah but I won’t be able to reroll for her with launch bonuses gone
>>
Just got 30 rubies from the daily ads. I'm assuming that's the jackpot, as I thought 5 was the most you could get from one ad. Lines up with another game I play where the jackpot is enough jewels for a single pull.
>>
>>951704
i got 20 gold guidestones once too iirc, which is also pretty nice
>>
Is there any gold sinks in the game?
>>
>>951584
Do you use the latest LDplayer version? Runs fine for me, the only issue is sometimes it doesn't render fog effects properly
For bluestack i'm stuck at now loading screen too despite tried everything
>>
>>951717
Not so far that I can find. And judging by the f2p JPbro whose videos I watch always having 99,999,999 leaves, I don't think we'll get one.
>>
>>951717
Not really. The most ive spent at once was after getting to flamesgrace and I dumped like 2m buying all the bribe stuff and resetting my failure allowances all the way. But I've already made 5 million more since then just on the elite drops
>>
>>951656
Congrats, you will never pull anything good ever again
>>
>>951801
I don't even have an account, I deleted the game in rage after 5 rerolls didn't get me a single 5*
And two of those rerolls were nothing but 3*s
>>
What is the way to level your dudes? I get caits randomly extremely rarely.
>>
>>951929
Caits and Hunts. There's also the Nut farm, which you can upgrade to 6 tasty L nuts per reset + 2 tasty M nuts from the NPC every 20hrs. You need to recruit the first 2 NPCs to unlock the farmer's quest which is a nice memory shard sink. Aside from that ad caits and hunts are the only guaranteed, renewable sources of EXP.
My highest is Viola at lvl 57 with 5 others at 55-56 and 2 guys rotating around lvl 50. I'm in Chapter VIII dicking around in the valley because I need 70 meteorites to make weapons I can't equip for 5 more levels. The average experience per battle is 2,900 and the requirement is upwards of 240,000 per lvl.
Don't worry about powerleveling your units. Once you hit Master of All Ch. 1 just do your dailies and take your time. Rushing through it just feels fucking stupid.
>>
>>951964
yeah, im taking it slow. Was just that ive been seeing lots of high level dudes posted online and I didnt understand how they did it.
Still kinda dont, the nuts ive been getting gives close to nothing xp wise for me lmao.
My dudes are 30 - 34.
>>
What do you guys do when you've done your dailies? Is the whole game just Cait farming?
>>
>>951972
I fought all the menacing elites I couldn't beat before, play through main stories, get stuck at level wall, play traveler stories, hunt caits, die to mobs because "you weren't able to run away", fight caits, caits flee
>>
Ended up sparkling her. Anyone wants to guess how many 5* and 4.5* I got in the process?
>>
>>951987
none
>>
>>951987
Mathematically it should be four of each 4.5* and 5*
But the gacha loves to fuck people in the ass so I'm guessing 4 total.
>>
>>951972
>Is the whole game just Cait farming?
Did you just devour all the content already? jesus anon, take your time and enjoy things
>>
help
Tressa is living rent-free in my head
How do I make her start paying her fair share
>>
>>952040
NTA but I'm taking my time and it bit me in the ass and probably fucked over my account in the short term. Its made me super salty since I found out
>>
>>952092
>I'm taking my time and it bit me in the ass and probably fucked over my account
go on
>>
>>952112
"In the short term" is the operative part of this and shouldn't be omitted. I'm sure months from now I won't even be feeling the effects of it anymore. But it felt pretty shitty to lose a bunch of progress because I didn't rush.

Summary was just chilling and taking it slow and relaxed af doing 1 part of a chapter per day and some of the side stories and having lots of fun with it.
Day 5-6 I unlocked timegated not farmville and got a kick in the nuts for missing 5-6 days of progress on that
And yesterday unlocked hunts and got a baseball swing in the nuts for missing almost 2 weeks of those.
>>
>>952127
>"In the short term" is the operative part of this and shouldn't be omitted.
youre right, i missed that part somehow. sorry.
but 1 week of nuts, is it even a dent? they barely give any xp at all.
>>
>>952090
>make her start paying
sorry, that's a merchant-only secret that i cannot divulge
>>
>>952127
Yeah, you should try and unlock the farm and hunts ASAP (within reason, it's not gonna brick your account if you miss a few days) but the rest of the content can be cleared at your own pace, no hurry whatsoever
>>952133
>they barely give any xp at all
I assume you haven't heard of supreme nuts, hell even the tasy larges give a good chunk of exp
>>
Why can I only do 1 hunt without spending gems when the game says 1/7?
>>
>>952189
Cause if you skip one day, the next day it will be 2/7
>>
>>952203
Ok, kinda makes sense I guess. I guess its good if you cant play for a couple of days.
>>
Do I limit-Break my units that have hid the level 60 Level cap? Or is that A waste? I was wondering if it's better to convert their shards into the Currency used to buy the Medal/coins for unlocking starring up my 4.5 units instead

Been beefing up in order to beat Pardis. He looks like a pretty rough fight. Any tips for him? And for clearing the three elites before him?
>>
>>952227
>Any tips for him?
Alaune will join the fight in the third phase. She'll cast a full heal in the beginning and near the end of the fight. What I'm trying to say is, even things start to look bleak, just keep holding out, you may be close to reaching the full heal threshold. Other than that, just pay attention to his counter stances mechanic.
>the three elites before him?
Save your ad Caits. They also heal you to full after each use. Along with the healing flame near the end, you get 4 full heals total. Should be more than enough.
>>
File: 1660389832487.jpg (45 KB, 593x155)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>952040
I'm around chapter VIII. But after my 4*/4.5* characters capped at 60 there's really nothing you can do since there's no way to raise them unless you cough up some money in hopes for a class up/guide stones. Not rushing. I'm taking the game slowly and enjoying it
>>
>>952235
I see. I did just use my Cait ads today. But I think I can take all three of them without If I manage to skip all the trash fights.

Is there somewhere I can look up the Weaknesses of Pardis? It may be scummy but I absolutely hate having to go trough all the elites every time if I fail
>>
>>952235
Does this also work in hunts?
>>
>>952244
You simply can't access the Find menu during hunts.
>>
>>951987
Congrats. Hope she's worth it. Especially all the lead animations are just her twirling.
>>
Where do I farm for equipment to kick Paradis's ass? Should I invest for lv 55 gear or get the lv 60 meteorite gear?
>>
>>952252
Road to Castle Edoras or inside Castle Edoras both work.
Either should work fine, but I went with 60 because only my helmet were 55, thought I was overdue for an upgrade.
>>
>>952253
Thank you. Overall, I really like this game. There's a lot of decision making in the combat compare to most gacha games.

Story is a little too edgy and the villains are too evil to their own downfall. That's the original game flaw as well but CotC takes it to the next level.

So far as free to play I'm only gated by hunts and seals to uncap my 3.5 stars. I'm at 1600 rubies before the Paradis fight and rolled all the step ups for fiore.
>>
How difficult would it be to get my Viola from 4.5 to 5*? Outside of luckshitting a 5* copy of course
>>
>>952258
>recommended level 65
I guess I'll have to wait a week to fight Pardis then
>>
>>951999
>>952001
Incorrect. I got one 5* and two 4.5*. Hopefully my luck turns around when Cyrus shows up.
>>
>>952262
You'll need to luckshit a Sacred Seal of the Prince of Thieves from hunts. Make sure to do the one with dagger as one of the recommended weapons.
>>
>>952269
I love JP voices. But I'm gonna miss the absolute kino of "my focus is unparalleled" when he rolls around in this
>>
>>952264
What's the story here anon? Did you get giga fucked by the Gacha?
>>
>>952272
I miss dub tressa cause every time she dodge, she did that george w bush laugh. "Catch me if you can! heh heh heh."
>>
>>952334
Hopefully this game does well so they can add EN voices later. It happened to Arknights.
>>
File: 1657134549055.jpg (58 KB, 1080x963)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>952272
Well, the current voice acting is pretty good. The soft voices of Viola, Millard and Rodion sound very pleasant. And Carroll's autistic babble is already eating into my brain like some old RTS catchphrases.
>totsugeki!
>woo!
>(almost dies in one hit) urururu...
>>
>>952334
i thought JP tressa would feel too different but i'm fine with it
fiore's top cute in JP though so i've not minded it at all
i can't imagine olberic without his EN voice though
>>
>>952165
Look
I've been down with some sort of sickness that's left me incredibly fatigued and constantly exhausted
I hallucinated her beckoning me towards her last night and my body literally stopped listening to my brain
>>
>>952272
Kirbopher went hard with the "I'm ready, ARE YOU?!" line
>>
>>952337
And I hope they don't spend a single dime on an english dub, that just makes developing new characters more expensive, just fucking don't
>>
>>952432
*makes developing new characters AND of course story content, events and whatnot more expensive
>>
>>952432
>>952436
I mean who the fuck even wants English dubs? They are almost always horrible
>>
I'm a fan of Fiore's giant "EHHHHHHHHHH?!" whenever she fails to influence an NPC, but today I'm gonna put Sophia in the lead to see what all this sneeze hype is about.
>>
Okay, that was pretty cute. Makes me wish I had a sneeze fetish, this game would be amazing for that. Still gonna stick with Fiore lead, but this has encouraged me to experiment and see what the other characters say/do.
>>
>>952553
The sneeze is absolutely adorable. I've heard it like 30 times now and I still smile every time.
>>
>>952634
Does it have an animation? Or only sound? I think I've only used Millard and Theo as leaders, but I don't