[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vmg/ - Video Games/Mobile

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: cloud-chocobo.jpg (1.41 MB, 1550x1600)
1.41 MB
1.41 MB JPG
Did you lads manage to get Cloud and/or Squall's BT
>>
>>791674
I wanted Squall's and Vayne's. At least I got CoD's full kit, and Cloud was already built before the even.
>>
>>791674
Nope. I only have 13 BTs and Cloud and Squall are neither of them.
>>
What the fuck is this orb condition?
>>
>>791752
I have bit more than that, but I still need more. I want Tifa's, Zack's and Ramza's. I wonder if Alisaie will ever get one.
>>
>>791754
? Target takes crit damage (guaranteed crits when target is broken) adds +1 to orb, or gets delayed atleast 2 turns or more (something Cloud can do with LD, or CoD with her laser move for example) adds +8 to orb. Every action you take is -2 to their orb, so doing crits isn't enough unless you're doing follow up attacks
>>
>>791758
So, Squall, Squall and CoD are the go to team for this Lufenia+?
>>
>>791759
Change one of the Squall for Cloud.
>>
>>791759
I mean not really necessary, unless you only have them built? Characters like Cor, Noct, Shadow, Tidus can do constant follow up attacks, and there are multi turn delayers like Quistis, Sabin, or Selphie
>>
File: gay fight.png (1.34 MB, 1600x900)
1.34 MB
1.34 MB PNG
I feel no shame in cheesing this fight
>>
>>791756
It's not even that I'm really trying to get them but failing to get them anyway still sucks. And all but 3 of them were unintentional. I'm glad I have Ramza's, so I can focus my gems over on Zack's BT banner instead.
>>
>>791768
Lucky you. I don't have anything of Ramza's kit, so I have to focus my gems on Zack and my tickets on Ramza. Wish me luck.

>>791766
I only have Squall and Cloud built. Maybe I can use Selphie too, but I have to level up her EX+. So my options are that and another support. Could build up Tidus or just go full unga BUNGA and pray for the best.
>>
>>791767
i seriously don't understand people like you, why don't you fully upgrade your characters? you're so fucking close
>>
>>791674
My plan is to see how much I have to sink into getting Rydia squared away next week, then if I get lucky on her I'll try for either Squall or Cloud. I like them both as characters fine, but there's still a ton of characters I'm looking forward to building up that I don't want to screw myself out of them in favor of the edgy boys.
Of the two, I'd probably go for Cloud over Squall because I tend to prefer more versatile characters that offer more than Big Damage (tm). That said, having a Big Damage (tm) character like Squall would be handy for fights that specifically screw turn hogs like Tidus and Tifa.
>>
Squall Lufenia+
Cloud (Ace) Garnet BT+ (Raines) Beatrix (Quistis) Ramuh Garnet BT+UW

Painted myself into a corner a few times but fortunately got it in one go. Garnet was hitting 1s but Cloud's EX and Beatrix's EX were hitting well, along with petals and the friend Garnet. Used Garnet's Finisher then used Raines c2 when the orb was high then swapped her out. All turn warps crashed into safeguard. Cloud was more useful here than I expected.
>>
>>791806
Best of luck, and I mean it.
>>
>>791977
Thanks. I will need it.
>>
>>791899
On my defense, I'm lacking 5 C90 crystals to finish up Cloud.
>>
Man, even with Squall, Cloud, Jetch and friend Garnet I'm getting my shit kicked in. Wew lad.
>>
Which emu is best for rerolling? I'm tired of doing it on my phone

Preferably one where I could launch like 10+ mirrored instances if that's even a thing, cuz computer stronk as fuck
>>
>>792537
BlueStacks, I guess. I stopped using emulators a long time ago.
>>
>>791899
Ikr like why cant the play the game their way god just play it right grrr
>>
So is brave Exvius dead? I picked it up and why is there no way to search for people without full friends lists?
>>
>>793366
I've always fucking hated the way BE's sprite look. Some look like some shitty indie game to me for some reason.
>>
File: 2022_03_26_18.20.08.jpg (794 KB, 1280x720)
794 KB
794 KB JPG
God, I hate this fight. It felt I wasted Rem for this.
>>
>>791968
I haven't done the L+ version, but the regular Lufenia I cleared in 19 turns with Beatrix, Rem, and Prompto with Shiva summon. Since they all have orb upticking effects (Bea's Rose Petals, Prompto's Link Attack, and Rem's Siphon Sphere), I just juggled the team's turns enough to keep the orb in check. Didn't need the Garnet friend call in the final analysis.
It took me a couple times to figure out that Seifer's 2-turn delay isn't quite a "real" 2-turn delay for the purposes of this orb, which was annoying, but it turned out fine in the end.
>>
When they gonna add epic CHAOS man?
>>
>>795276
Soon, they did mention that after the launch of SoP they will gradually release the entire playable cast. We probably won't get anyone until next year.
>>
>>795276
>>795955
>we are gonna get epic edge kino
>still no Delita or Orlandeau
Fuck, man. I like epic chaos man, but I want my Delita and Orlandeau.
>>
>>796109
Same, senpai.

On a similar note, didn't JAP said a while ago they were getting Rosso?
>>
>>796116
The last chracy that JP got was Minwu, not sure if they will get Rosso. I wonder if they will bring the rest of the B cast of II.

>Same, senpai
Man, imagine Wiegraf. I cry that we don't have enough Tactics representatives. Although, that could trigger the monkey paw and Marche could drop to kill the isekai dream. Again.
>>
Newish player here that started with Tidus' banner. Does Trey work well with Tidus? Gonna be pulling on Ramza's banner so I'll probably pick up most of his kit a long the way, and I'm still figuring out how team comps work. Since Tidus is the only character I've put serious investment into all my comps kinda have to revolve around him for now.
>>796109
>still no Delita or Orlandeau
I was shocked by the absolute lack of FFT characters when I started. Where the fuck are my boys Orlandeau or Construct 8
>>
>>796263
The issue with Tidus is that he is a turn hoarder. He can have like 4 turns in a row for himself. Trey is more easy to manage because he sets the traps.and off you go, although you have to charge your skills to charge 2 for maximum effect. Ramza is a great support that fits on almost every team. If you get his full kit, good job.
>>
If I'm just starting, do I go all in on Zack or all in on Ramza?
>>
>>796296
barrett's ex
>>
>>796296
Ramza seems like the best option here. You can get your UNGA BUNGA from other characters.
>>
>>796303
>>796306
ty bros
>>
Ever since Garnet and Eiko i've managed to get over a lot of Lufenias, but now Nine's Lufenia is a bitch even when i try to beat it legitimately the way is suggested by the guides with Golbez and Fujin.

What can i do?
>>
>>796476
Garnet is actually completely screwing you over in this Lufenia, since she gives an enchant from her Holy Prayer buff she grants to the team at the start of the fight, even Fujin would get counter fucked despite her being wind. You can only bring wind, dark, or neutral element, no if ands or buts.
You can try unequipping any passive that has Holy Prayer in the name off her, so she no longer applies it at the start. You still want to bring Fujin, and then a good DPS with BT to take up all the turns.
>>
>>796476
Been a long time since I did it. What characters do you have? I think Tidus, Garnet and Fujin should work (you don't even need Fujin's LD, just have her on the party to wind enchant Tidus).
>>
>>796117
I would laugh if they had a whole LC about Marche losing his mind after being summoned to yet another game world and his attempts to return to his 'real' world end up summoning another void worm mouth thing from the end of Act 1. The odds of that happening would be zero but I would still love that being the direction they went with it.
>>796117
Wiegraf would be a solid choice for a 'villain' from FFT, as would Vormav. Not as interested in Altima, but she'd even be better than nothing. My "never ever will happen in a million years" request for FFT representation would be Meliadoul, but realistically there's at least a dozen individuals we'd get from FFT over her.
Regarding Trey, he's going to be particularly strong with Maria when she gets her C90 towards the end of April, since they both have a ton of off-turn damage and Maria's battery/buffs helps him out. I can also recommend Cater and Prompto with him since they provide evade tanking to further protect the team while the traps ruin the enemy's day; note that Cater's damage is all effectively Ice, so bring Prompto if you're facing something that specifically screws over Ice damage.
In either case, good luck with your draws.
>>
>>796778
I'm dumb, meant to reply to >>796263 about the Trey stuff. Boy I'm tired.
>>
Please just give me Ramza's LD
Please....
>>
>>796857
I know that feel. Same thing happened with Fujin, of all people.
In related news, I was able to pick up Rydia's LD in ~50 tickets, so psyched about that. Now the question becomes whether I chance resources on Cloud or Squall.
>>
>90 10x rolls for Zack's full kit and Rydia's LD
FUCK Y-
>7 10x for Ramza and I only got his EX
DAMN IT!
>>
>was planning on auto macro-ing the fuck out of Levi with Yda since she was boosted on the forecast
>shes not boosted
Well fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck
>>
>>796883
What's team for this Divine? Zack/Ramza/Barret or Rydia?
>>
Fuck I really want to token Zack's BT but I should wait for his other banners since I'm gonna pull on them
>>
>>796886
Usually having any 3 LD characters built is good enough to auto through. Rydia would probably be stronger than Barret with her C90, also granting evasion incase Levi gets turns
>>
got ramza's bt with 380 tickets ._.
i'm not sure if i'll green him, i haven't even greened garnet yet cause green friends have been more than enough for every luf+ so far
>>
File: Capture.png (999 KB, 1083x512)
999 KB
999 KB PNG
Newfag here that was asking about Trey, so I ended up getting Ramza's kit without having to pity, but I also got Zack's BT off the free 10pull. Would it be worth going for the rest of his kit? I don't really much care for FF7, but if Zack is future proofed enough I might consider it.
>>
>>797165
Aim to pity his LD on that banner.
>>
is there even any useful character to get from zack's cycle? enna kros has just a "fun" ldca, sherlotta will be one of the first fr so it's a waste to roll for her now considering there are better supports and then there's steiner
>>
>>797626
I don't think so. My gems will be saved for Alisaie. Not sure if I will pull for Laguna.
>>
>check out shop
>it's ~30 USD per 10x pull
what in the fuck
>>
>>797727
Wait until you see the costumes.
>tfw I want to buy Cloud's, Ramza's and Cloud's
>tfw no munnies
>>
>>797626
Gonna grab Cid since I missed him while taking a break. Enna seems like fun but I would need to blue her which is too much commitment.
>>
Leviathan Lufenia+: Leila (Yda) Hope (Ashe) Ace BT (Lilisette) Ramuh Locke BT+

HP Damage slowed down at the 45% mark, and I had to pull in Locke. Brv damage was not an issue at any point though. Better pacing on the studs (waiting for the mobs) could probably smooth things out. Couldn't really tell that Hope's barriers did anything for the orb.

Ace could stand the Auron treatment and get another use or two of his LD through boards.
>>
File: Elves and Baetrix.jpg (2.16 MB, 1600x1800)
2.16 MB
2.16 MB JPG
Good ol' Beatrix
>>
>>797737
raines was broken when it came out and it's still a very cool and fun dps. turn manipulation, dispel/cleanse and delay with just the EX, good choice
>>
>spent 30 tickets to get Zacks LD
>i already had his LD this entire time
>legitimately had no memory of this
This ever happen to anyone else? At least i didnt spend alot of tickets, but damn i feel stupid.
>>
>finally got Ramza's LD
Finally... Not gonna pursue his BT. Fuck that for now.
>>
File: file.png (1.82 MB, 1920x1080)
1.82 MB
1.82 MB PNG
>Raines BTFR
FUCK YEAH
>>
>>798299
More reasons to skip his banner.
>>
Do you get more rewards for doing coop missions with other people, or am I safe to just solo them with my own team?
>>
>>798430
You get more rewards if you do them with other people.
>>
>>798299
>Seymour will also get a BT

At this point, who isn't getting one?
>>
>>798731
Cait Sith.
>>
>>798430
You get more rewards but I usually solo them because some people there suck at pressing buttons.
>>
>>798731
Rikku
>>
Is there a decent way to grind character levels? After finally being able to spend all my gems since I started and picking up the full kits for multiple characters I'm now running out of Chocobo feathers. Is there a good place to either farm feathers, or simply just the exp?
>>
>>799206
Cycle quests.
>>
does anyone here already have plans for divine bahamut? 60m hps sound like a major pain, i think i'm gonna do just the normal luf for the rewards
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCHqQRY2MF0
Raines' BT followup looks cool.
>>
Nice
>>
>>800362
Nice kot.
>>
I was bored so I spent some tickets for Steiner's LD and got a dupe BT. Would have been cool if I didn't use my BT tokens on it earlier.
>>
>>801835
Almost always best to wait before a BT's cycle is over before spending the tokens.
>>
>>801835
Congrats you lost 45 BT tokens for nothing
>>
>>801835
Nice. You lost the game, boy.
>>
>>801835
Live and learn, anon. You'll be alright
👌
>>
are any of these units fun to build?
>>
>>802828
Cyan is the best LD call nuke for co-op. Fun in actually using? i dont know, i only have Sabin and Porom built but barely use them unless necessary.
>>
>>802828
Cyan is fantastic for co-ops since he can hit ~1 million damage with his Call. Personally I think clearing co-ops faster is really fun. Leila is a stupid strong tank who provides party turn warp. I have a blast using her. Eight is kind of fun for counter attack memes but honestly he kind of sucks so I wouldn't bother. The other two are garbage.
>>
Since Raines LC doesn't have its own co-op, the artifacts for the bonus characters are going to be available in the next character event which should be in something like 3-4 days, right?
>>
>>803047
Yeah, its usually what they do, unless theres a surprise event in between.
>>
Nice.
>>
>>803548
Grats. Now you'll be all set for his FR and BT in 8 months.
>>
File: 1647636781289.png (152 KB, 313x206)
152 KB
152 KB PNG
I've been rerolling and I got Zack's BT, LD, and EX all in the same reroll with only 5k gems spent

I have to just take that and run, right? That's like the best reroll you could possible ask for isn't it? And now I farm gems to roll on the Ramza banner?

Sucks, cuz I really like Rydia as a character
(not pictured: both zack and cid's EX)
>>
>>803603
Yes.
>>
>>803603
Yeah. Farm gems, get Ramza EX/LD/BT. Next banner is going to be Enna Kross/Rude. Enna Kross is a damage dealer with a strong Call, but it's RNG (lasts for 6 turns and every turn it has a 20% chance to max out the Caller's EX but it also at least provides strong buffs in addition). It's amazing if you get lucky and can trigger your EX 2 or 3 times, but it's less impressive if RNG is against you and it doesn't trigger at all. She puts out solid damage, but it's pretty easy to pick up damage dealers. She has a fun kit though and summons a giant robot, so if that looks fun to you then go for it.

The banner after that though will be Sherlotta/Selphie and it's going to be the strongest banner for a long time. Both of those characters are top tier (Sherlotta will fall off a little bit but comes back with an FR/BT in August and is currently one of the top 4 best characters in the game in JP). Selphie never really falls off, she stays top tier forever. Her kit and debuff is just so strong, and she's super easy to drop into any team. She also teams really nicely with Kam'lanaut, and if you don't get him he's going to be the top friend support character once his FR/BT come out. As a new player it'll definitely be worth it to go all the way to the pity to hopefully get both LDs.
>>
I hope they bring back the event where you can get multiple purple tokens again, running out of it really sucks. While having 200+ purple books, I still don't know where to use it to get free ingots.
>>
>>803673
200 purple books? Book of Refugee's Miracles? Use the book on the armor you buy with High Guard Tokens and it'll give you an ingot.
>>
>>803611
Isn't it Reno that's getting the C90 treatment, not Rude, on that Enna Kros banner? Or did they switch stuff around?
>>
>>804360
Oh shit, yeah, my bad. I meant Reno, not Rude. Reno gets a pretty mediocre rework. They add one more HP dumps onto his attacks, but they don't improve his debuffs. They should have extended his Pyramid debuff by a turn. He's usable in the sense that everyone is usable but I wish he'd gotten some stronger buffs. Sadly looking at his FR, they give him another mediocre set of reworks - again, they add one more hp dump onto his S1/S2 and unfortunately his FR is awkward was fuck. Letting enemies take turns increases the gauge by 20%, and if enemies attack it increases the gauge by 30%, but that doesn't work with the way his kit paralyzes enemies, preventing them from being able to attack.

Ultimately Reno is usable in the sense that everyone is usable but he's definitely going to be one of the more forgettable C90s.
>>
>>804569
Ah, that's rather unfortunate then. I wonder why they made his FR trigger on enemies actually attacking if he's a lockdown character? Shouldn't it be "enemies being prevented from attacking", so he'd synergize with other paralyzers like Cloud or Agrias, Fang's Daze, etc.?
Oh well. I still have his gear and I like him as a character, so I'll probably level him to C90 anyway. Is his FR on-use effect at least good, even if his kit works against it weirdly?
>>
When I was bored during the DE Entropy era I would redo the stages, trying to do duo clears or other self imposed challenges. With Transcendence I just don't feel like it. You always need one character slot to counter the orb gimmick, leaving you 2 slots, but also having to consider strategy for the 3rd stage. It's annoying, I like the gameplay and I wish there were "off-season" challenging stages.
>>
Hey so I'm the guy who rerolled to Zack BT/LD/EX

I'm just going through and do boards and story and stuff, I haven't pulled for Ramza yet and I only even have like 38k gems, but I was wondering if it's worth it to build Cloud of Darkness LD/EX and then either Vayne LD/EX or Raines LD/EX in the meantime so I can maybe clear the Rafflesia stuff

I'd need to buy Raines' and CoD's EX, but I have Vaynes LD+EX already. I don't know how rare these materials are, but I think I have enough to max them out. I don't know how rare the currency to buy EX weapons is, but I have like 60. I'm not sure if I should just build nothing and only do whatever Zack alone allows me to do (which is a lot) or if I should build these other guys to be able to do slightly more (possibly)
>>
>>806120
no theyre shit. just get ramza. all you will need for a long time will be zack, ramza and a garnet friend. relax and save. ticket pull favorites. COD and vayne are garbage
>>
>>806207
Yeah, I actually maxed Zack completely, equips and summons boards, everything except artifacts, and he shits on everything except Lufenia solo, and that might just be due to me being new and not really understanding the orb shenanigans. I see the light now

How many tickets is the generally accepted number to use for BT? I know there's no guarantee, but I wanna try to plan, cuz I know Terra is soon and I want her. I've got like the entire game left to play so there's probably enough tickets out there, and I still need to get characters and do Leviathan shit
>>
Why is this game becoming so piss easy? Garnet+Ramza make every fight trivial. Bring a tank and it feels like you can Auto every single Lufenia+.
>>
>>806562
Game is only going to keep getting easier. Fuck, you can pretty much clear Shinryu fights in JP right now in 3 turns with Enna.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMVvHGDXIHU
>>
>>806576
>58M damage
Jesus christ. I hope the beginning of the FR era is at least somewhat challenging when it arrives on GL.
>>
>>806562
Because Garnet's BT was created with the JP powercreep already in mind, so that she isn't completely outdated when it gets added to JP.
>>
Got Enna's full kit with 140 tickets. Im content.
>>
>Servers are absolutely shitting themselves
I guess Enna is way more popular than I thought she would be.
>>
>>806658
This reminds me that's been a very long time since this happened, I thought Zack/Ramza would be rough but the game ran fine.
Worst case was definetly Cloud's BT debut, could only get in after 2 hours and it was still laggy as fuck
>>
>just broke 3 million with Enna's LD during Brother's summon with Garnet/Ramza BT auras and Iroha's Call active
Neat.
>>
File: Cool Japan.jpg (25 KB, 209x300)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>806562
I didn't pick up Ramza but I do have Garnet, and I kinda gotta agree. I like being able to cut through Lufenia, though, so I'm not complaining. If nothing else, having a "fallback" combo is useful for fights that you can't otherwise clear for whatever reason.
I brought Cid VII and Rem with Garnet, who was equipped with Ashe's call, and beat the regular Lufenia with 19 turns and basically no problem. God damn does Rem's turn switching with Garnet's BT aura - not even fully Realized - make Cid VII total nonsense; even without any Ultima Spear, Cid's LD and EX were hitting for 1.2m a piece. I can only imagine how much that combo will hit for with full UT and Realized Garnet.
>>806642
Grats. I'm not super interested in her, but I've seen some runs that make her look like complete lunacy.
>>806710
I just tried using Brothers, after spending most of my time playing using Shiva for the Atk/Spd. Is Brothers the new gold standard for any fight that doesn't actively screw Earth damage? Or is there any other summon that comes close? I know that fully empowered Shiva's freeze has come in handy, as does Ramuh, and Pande's strong for launcher comps like Cid Raines, Cloud, etc.
>>
Wow this co-op is kinda annoying
>brave sapping every turn
>break recovery because of the sapping making LDCalls like Cyan do little damage
>if everyone is using Enna, you are just giving the boss free turns because of her slow ass turn rate
>Raines is a good counter, but enjoy watching the launch animation over and over, bonus if someone is being an asshole and waiting out the timer
Im slapping Setzers call on Garnet for now, but damn they are on a streak of tedious coop bosses.
>>
File: 1601073635782.jpg (65 KB, 532x659)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>806642
Same with 100, i even got Reno's EX which i was missing.
>>
I wasted 500 tix and didn't get it.
It's OK. Can't win them all.
>>
>>806761
>brothers
They offer 30% more max brave. Either that's useful or useless. They're kind of my default summon anymore. Ramuh is probably the strongest with the paralyze other than Panda if you're running launchers. Odin will be the strongest if you can reliably get your party below 80% at least once during the fight. And Bahamut is pretty good for shenanigans during his summon phase. But honestly we're kind of at the point where summons aren't really make or break fights like they used to be.
>>
>>807007
Good luck next time anon. 100 got me her full kit. Still Zack's BT has been evading me.
>>
Well that was short
>>
>>807027
Gotcha, good to know. I won't worry about it so much.
>>
Question about FR weapons to those that play JP:
Are FR weapons only on the initial debut banner, or do they show up in the next handful of banners like how BTs work right now?
>>
Are the Ultima missions retroactive? I've finished a few Lufenia+ missions, but I don't have the Ultima missions tab unlocked yet. Will they auto unlock once I have access to that mission tab?
>>
File: 1648984668926.png (735 KB, 1280x720)
735 KB
735 KB PNG
I'm brand fucking new so this is probably normal, but it feels good to log in and know that almost 200 people used my assist
>>
I think with Enna Kros, I might go for the Unique UW, I have enough to fully upgrade one UW right now. Next one is going to be Short sword for Machina's C90.
>>
>>807538
the sword is normal sized anon
>>
did a banished Garnet ff9 clear
>>
Should I invest time in this or SaGa? I’ve grown weary of Square gachas because of how appalling DQ Tact got (and BE just wasn’t fun)
The only gacha I play nowadays is SMT Dx2
I also hate gear rolling, which I know almost all of these games have, but between OO and ReUniverse, which is overall better for a f2p?
>>
>>808866
OO is a game you can pretty easily catch up and maintain. RSRS is a game you'll constantly have going on your phone trying to get stat ups and shit.
I can't imagine playing OO without the mogpass though, so that's like $5 a month. RSRS, I don't put any money in, and you don't roll for gear in it.
>>
>>808884
Okay, addendum to my statement. There is a pretty intensive catch up grind with summon boards in OO, but that goes by so much faster than getting units to soft cap in RSRS. The amount of units you'll actively use in DFFOO is also much lower, so.
>>
>>808888
Another note, the summon board grind gives you a fuck ton of gems to pull on banners. You can hoard pretty hard in OO once you get a nice roster going. Like in a few months, you can pull for 4 or 5 units, and you'll be set for like half a year. But again, man, I can't imagine playing without mogpass.
>>
>>808890
The sub is what kept me away from stuff like MK Tour (among other glaring flaws)
It's not expensive, but any time I'm subbed to something, I feel compelled to actively use/play it
I get gachas have dailies and general time sink requirements, but a sub on top of that makes it feel like a job more than a way to pass the time on breaks
>>
>>808927
Yeah. I totally get that. I'm not going to sell you on the pass, but I will explain it a bit. Each event gives you 5000 character board points. You need 7700 points to max one character. The sub ups that to 10,000 points. Clearing the event fully gives you the max 10k points, so it's not like you invest extra time to grind it. That's its number 1 selling feature.
The other benefits are QoL features. The second most notable thing it does is speed up the aforementioned summon board farming which you have to do for endgame anyway.
My point is that the sub doesn't encourage you play more. It helps you play less.
>>
you get a free mog pass when you start, no? you'd have 30 days to farm boards for everyone to claim the tickets and gems and gather the board points for a good handful of starter units. I think DFFOO is super F2P friendly (I've only bought the $5 pass three times now and pulled every unit I really wanted and cleared every event from when I started playing) but there's going to be a lot of grind involved. There were some QOL improvements implemented for new players recently I'm pretty sure but if you do start and want to remain F2P you'll have to make the most out of those 30 days.
>>
>>808964
You totally do get a free mog pass, and it is enough time to farm everything up. It's a bit of crunch in a month, but totally doable.
It gives you some time to scrounge up some points too. You totally can make it work. It just kinda sucks when you get a sick free pull, but you're behind on points, so you can't build a characters. It's ultimately why I quit JP and stuck to GL. Also, CB points gets kinda more resource heavy in the Shinryu era (force boards need 15k to max/5k to go to the first breakpoint), so that's 12.7k to get someone going for the endgame in there. It kinda sucks when non pass players still get 5k.
You totally could do it, but man, it just deflated my excitement not having it.
>>
>>808976
fuck that 15k for FRs sounds steep, how much is the power token cost you need for that on top? Honestly the FR era kinda looked silly to me and if there ever was a time I thought about dropping the game that's it. I wanna stick with the game though because I really like it. It being so F2P friendly satisfies my gatcha collect them all impulse, I pulled for Yuri for example and got him for cheap but haven't used him since.
>>
>>808987
An FR weapon needs 240 base power stones to max, and that sucked major shit at first. But the devs started giving a really good feed of the FR power stones. It's not a big issue at all, and hopefully, GL gets it immediately. I know people who are still going up in their power stones. It's totally doable. I really do think CB points are going to be the big bottle neck. Especially since all banner characters get force boards.
As for the actual gameplay, I think force is fun as hell, from the few fights I did. I like planning out my turns and prepping a sick burst window where I pump out massive damage. You could compare it to 11's skillchain/magic burst, 13 & 7R's stagger system, or 14's CD timing. I like that it makes me want to bring calls that aren't just HP damage up. Like, I'll want Ashe for FRs that use holy or thunder damage. And the new fight style they added, the 6 man quests? Those are so good. They've all been hits.
>>
Can a fully built blue 5/5 UT Enna do a 3 million damage with her LD? Mine can already hit 2.7 million (700k are from launch). She's not even blue'd yet and not equipped with UT.
Now I'm curious to see what a fully built Enna can do.
>>
>>809187
I've got a 0/5 UW on Enna with blue armor and I've broken 3 million with Ramza/Garnet BT auras, Caith Sith Call and during a summon phase (no launch either). I saw a screenshot of someone with a 5/5 UW and a launch get 3.7 million. Don't think anyone's managed to break 4 yet though.
>>
File: 1648294060276.jpg (39 KB, 620x345)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>791674
I think I got Cloud's. I'm newish to the game. I logged in when I saw they had an anniversary I think but I'm so spoiler-free that I want to finish the FF games before I get to it. I know they don't spoiler big things but I'm very strict on it.

Btw are these BT's only the 90 cost? Man the rates must be really good because I got like 10 of them just in the last couple months. Only did free summons, I will never spend a penny on gacha.
>>
File: 1647744805372.png (431 KB, 512x364)
431 KB
431 KB PNG
>>811200
The game assumes that the player have played each game and the characters recover their memories as the game progresses so they end up talking about events happening during the games including the endings.
If you don't want to be spoiled, you should skip the in-game scenes.

Also what you got is an LD weapon. Here's a BT, it has a fancy background and gives (not costs) 130 CP.
>>
From now on, all OO players will be known as "gOObers" (talking about myself here, too). That is all.
>>
>>811485
No. Take that shit to reddit fag
>>
>>811200
Generally speaking, the plot of Opera Omnia is its own thing, but the characters do reference the events of their home games, often commenting on how similar some of them are in terms of personality or how similar the trials and tribulations they suffered along the way were.
You don't have to watch the cutscenes at all to get through the game if you'd prefer; none of the fights themselves spoil the events of the main series, even if the monster designs tend to refer to, or are inspired by, stuff that exists in those games.
The Weapons that you pick up, along with Armor and Character Boards, grant you Character Points (CP) for equipping passive effects and skills/improvements. UTs and BTs grant the most, followed by LDs, 35s, and 15s in order.
>>
File: 1589739209136.gif (1003 KB, 500x283)
1003 KB
1003 KB GIF
>2 Zack BTs before a single Sherlotta LD
It's happening again
>>
PSA leila can avoid guardian's orb (not sure about king behemoth's)
>>
Can't imagine doing this fight without Selphie to delete the behemoth real quick while not triggering the orb. Used Zack, Selphie and Ramza friend for this fight.
>>
>>811895
Same, except for me it was 2 Zack BTs trying to get Selphie, then I went over to Auron's banner, got everything there including the BT, came back to Selphie's with 50 tix remaining and still couldn't pull it

650 tickets
>>
File: this was gay.png (1.57 MB, 1600x900)
1.57 MB
1.57 MB PNG
That orb condition mang
>>
>>812298
This fight is awful without Sherlotta or Selphie, I tried so many comps but nothing worked so I just caved in and used Sherlotta.
>>
this was NOT EASY
>>
i'm trying tier 6 and with leila it shouldn't be annoying but holy shit how am i supposed to debuff so often without a caius? if i use calls on wave 1 for the orbs i end up with no uses left for wave 2
>>
if you don't want to waste 30mins+ of your life just to kill some homo mantises don't attempt tier 6 with the current meta
>>
So what's left for this gam? I've been auto'ing the past few lufenia+ and it's getting a bit boring
>>
File: 1648900143795.jpg (2.92 MB, 4375x2375)
2.92 MB
2.92 MB JPG
>>813149
That's kind of where the game's at for awhile. There's a few fights where they make things harder like Divine Bahamut or Divine Odin. There's also the new DE tier coming out in a few days that you probably won't be able to auto through. Won't be until July when we get FR/Shinryu difficulty that things will change dramatically though.
>>
Wow that fucking sucked. The epitome of "lol did you not pull? too fucking bad!"
>>
>>813293
I just took Eiko and ignored the orb.
>>
>>813139
Auron and Maria were really good against them.
>>
>>813299
Doing legitimately I've seen people running Lenna, Lillisette, Cait Sith... even Edward I've seen used. Fight just required you to check your roster to find the no-BRV units, guess even that is asking too much nowadays.
Also good reminder friend units still exist and are still important. Neither Sherlotta or Selphie have high turn rate so if you can grab one of those as friend you can probably have it in for most of the fight. Thinking of putting my own Selphie out there to help.
>>
Any beginner tips? Just about to finish chapter 1.
>>
>>813750
Feel free to go ham on banners. Between story chapters, lost chapters, summon boards and divine boards you're sitting on well over a million gems and thousands of tickets. Dimension's End is a special content that requires multiple built units - each time you clear a stage it locks those units in, so you can't use them on others. DE has 20 stages, though it's older content so newer characters can solo or duo most all of them. Then there's DE Transcendence which locks in 6 characters at a time. Sometimes we get other content that locks out characters. So you can't only build 3 characters and then expect to clear everything, sometimes we get events that need a deep roster. Also Lufenia stages have specific triggers for the fights and it helps to have a deeper roster to deal with them.

When you hit Act 2 there's a special chapter where you get unique Dark Manakin weapons for the protagonist characters. These aren't amazing weapons, but you can't get them again, so don't sell them. Someday you might want to max them out.

Many stages and chapters have a normal mode and a hard mode. If you switch to hard mode and complete a node, you'll get all of the rewards for both normal and hard mode. Might as well do fights in hard mode for as far as you can.

Post your friend code here. People will follow you, then follow them back. If you pick a support they'll stick around for 3 turns. But if you pick a support of someone and you're both following each other, then the support will stay for 5 turns.

Also don't be afraid to run coops. Most players are cool with carrying new players. There's 2 options for coops. Free for All and Boosted. Free for All means you can use character you want. Boosted is for the characters who are boosted for that event. You can set to "sort by boosted" and it will put all of the characters who are boosted for that fight at the top of your party list. A lot of good rewards are locked behind the coop, but coop is pretty easy these days.
>>
>>813672
I've gotten pretty close with some teams but most of the friends are Garnets or someone equally ill-suited. I;m going to try out a few more things but otherwise it's either going to be the same Zack team that everyone's using or Eiko.
>>
>>813758
>>813750
This is all good advice. I can also recommend checking out tonberrytroupe for not only more progression-related advice, but in-depth guides on how each character works, what materia to equip to who, how to get the most out of your resources, etc.
Unless you're a 'gotta-have-'em-all' collector type, my advice is to figure out who your favorite characters are, see when they're going to come around on draws from tonberrytroupe or another related site, and then learn which other characters synergize mechanically with those favorites that you can pick up in the meantime. Except in specific fights, DFFOO doesn't often require you to have any one 'must-have' character built up; you can usually solve a given fight in multiple different ways, even without using player base recommended 'brute force'/meta characters.
Relatedly, don't be too picky about who you use; I've found a lot of success with characters I was tepid on or didn't really care about until I tried them and learned how strong/fun they are to play.
DFFOO's a game that it helps to have a long-term view of, since maxing a given character can take a while - not in terms of just grinding up the resources, but in terms of getting lucky with drops or at least persisting with drawing. It's a fine game, and worth sticking with, but part of sticking with it is pacing yourself to avoid burning out while waiting for your 'real' prized/favorite characters.
In any case, have fun!
>>
>>813672
There will be a lot more when they fix the game lmao.
Can confirm Selphie friend carries this hard. If you can make a team composition with one HARD dps to dish all the damage and two non-BRV units to maintain the orb neutral or uptick it when reaching 850k+ damage you should have things going swimmingly as long as you focus damage exclusively on the behemoth until it's dead.

>>813811
I just put a Selphie out, hit me with your friend ID so I can add you if you're not on my list already.
>>
>Those FR era resources required to max out a single character
I thought everything is okay once you get the FR weapon, boy I was wrong. Even regular mogpass won't help you that much. You mean you need 23k cb points to fully build a single character?
A lot of f2p players will get fucked by this, unless you hoard your points. You'll need at least 3 events just to get the additional 15k points for FR boards.
>>
>>814880
F2P will be TidusKamming their way through stuff so I am not worried in any way.
Without Lufenia orbs you don't need to cover every gimmick and the teambuilding aspect of the game goes back to find characters that work really well with each other and use specific cores as much as you can. So much so the most important info every time a new FR is out is the conditionals rather than the actual damage or kit of the character since you'll want to pair them with other characters that can fulfill the conditions.
Basically a return to how it was in the Chaos meta, where ingots were sparse and you needed to plan your purples beforehand.
>>
>>814922
So if I'm f2p, then as long as I get Kam's FR and as long as I have a turn hog DPS I'll be fine?

Should I skip Kain's FR or is he a must get due to being the first one?
>>
>>815006
You don't even need an FR character of your own until DE 10 (Sherlotta BT banner). You can just use a friend unit with an FR, Kam is pretty popular. Charge up the FR gauge, swap on your characters for Kam, use Kam's BT, then use his FR, then pop your own BT and blow up the bosses up during Force Time. That pretty much works fine on every fight. The only thing is with Dimension's End stages, you can't use a friend unit, so by that point you'll need at least one FR of your own. But Sherlotta's banner is also the 10th FR banner so by then you should have pulled and built at least one FR.

So don't sweat the FR era too much. It's not that hard, most any FR is fine and you really only need one on your team anyway. The worst FR's are Kain, Krile and Braska (the first three) but they're still usable. And Kain is god-tier without an FR.
>>
>>815015
Thank you for the info, futurebro, you've put my mind at ease
>>
>>815017
No problem. FR era looked intimidating but it wasn't that bad. You're right though that the amount of resources to build up characters is pretty intimidating, but you don't actually need to build up too many characters. You need 1 FR weapon every 2 months (for the new DE stage). They give out enough FR powerstones to max out one FR every month, and you'll get enough character board points to max out two characters Force boards every month. You definitely have to pick and choose who to max out, and for the first 2 or 3 months you'll feel a little locked into using the few characters you maxed, but there aren't any glaringly bad choices and the early FR era is easier than early Chaos, early Lufenia or early Lufenia+ eras were once you get a feel for it.
>>
This will be a fun fight
>>
>>815015
So to max out FRs, do you need to do the DE content? Or can you just deal with leaving the resources on the table and still make reasonable progress on FRs by doing co-op events etc.? I've been largely ignoring DE as I build up my roster and collect my favorites and various adjacent/useful characters.
>>
>>815618
DE doesn't give you any extra FR material, just BT and armor tokens, and gems. They give FR powerstones on the chocoboards and you can often buy them during coop shops.
>>
>>815625
Oh good, so I can continue my adventures without worrying about delaying FRs. I'm probably not going to get them all, but there are several I'm looking forward to already and want to avoid spreading my resources too thin and 'under-building' my favorites. I'll get around to DE one day, but am in no rush now.
Thanks, appreciate it.
>>
Can someone explain to me why Kain's FR is bad? I'm pretty new so maybe I'm miss understanding Force Gauge but don't all FRs kinda work the same? Fill the gauge then activate and do damage. Unless there is something I'm missing? Just want to know since I plan on pulling for Kain's kit when he gets his BT+ so there's a good chance I'll get his FR weapon.
>>
>>815734
Other FRs average out at about 70-80% damage increases each turn. Kain's does about 40%.
>>
File: transendance 8.png (1.8 MB, 1600x900)
1.8 MB
1.8 MB PNG
Hooray, I did it!
>>
>>815734
It increases the FR gauge by less than other ones. Kain, Krile and Braska and have kinda bad FRs. Then Kam's was bugged and broke the game so they ended up having to make all future FRs are much stronger. Kain is god-tier though with his BT and reworks thanks to his off turn follow ups and he works really well with Kam's FR if you can get him enchanted with ice.
>>
i thought 670 tickets were enough for a LD ._.
i've been getting more BTs than LDs lately
>>
File: 1594399761542.jpg (58 KB, 1024x1008)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>816000
my fucking account is a magnet for LD too bad I (the majority of the time ) pity BT
>>
File: stage12dffoojp.png (3.27 MB, 2441x1076)
3.27 MB
3.27 MB PNG
Failed first try because but I finally got it the second. Good thing I still save my Selphie.
>>
>>816079
How's Seymour's BT?
>>
>>815933
Oh I see. I actually didnt know the conditions for the additional hp damage changed based on which FR was used. Speaking of Ice enchant, will Kurasame's full kit ever make a reappearance? I see people use it all the time in Lufenia+/Shinryu kill video's so I figure it has to be worth nabbing, but Tonberry's timeline for upcoming banners only shows his EX coming back. Is there anyway to get his LD or am I just screwed that I started only recently?
>>
>>816780
Kusarame LD (aka the shit you really want ) comes back in late october (if there isn't some GL changes ) on Aerith IW (she has an excellent FR too)
>>
>>816780
When you pop the FR you get a meter that goes from 100%-999% and it increases your damage based on the meter. So at 100% it doubles damage, at 999% it increases your damage 10 times. The FR meter lasts for 10 turns. Each FR has a certain set of conditionals that increase the meter while it's active.

For example with Tidus, every time a character makes an attack against a debuffed enemy the FR meter increases by 15%. Also when a character does an instant rate turn the FR meter increases by 30%. So if someone uses an instant rate to attack a debuffed enemy the FR gauge will go from 100% to 145%.

Some FRs have really broad conditionals that are easy to trigger multiple times per turn which makes the character very popular. Like with Kam'lanaut's FR if you attack an enemy who's paralyzed it increases the FR gauge by 20%. And if you deal ice damage to an enemy it increases the FR gauge by 20%. So if you do an ice attack against a paralyzed enemy it increases the gauge by 40%. The thing is, this also includes launches and off-turn damage. So if you have Kam's FR active and do a launch, each character who hits during the launch will boost the gauge by another 20% (if the enemy is paralyzed). And then Kain's off-turn damage will kick in and if he's enchanted with ice, then he'll increase the gauge by 40% more. So it's possible to increase the FR gauge by 120% in one turn with launches and follow up attacks (40% for the main attack +20% for the launch hit 1 and then +20% for launch hit 2 and then another 40% from Kain's off-turn damage).

As for Kurasame, unless they do something with him for GL, we won't be seeing him again until Rinoa's BT cycle and that won't be until October. >>813156

There's lots of other characters who provide HP damage debuffs (Laguna does it right now). For ice enchant, Kura is the only Call that does party ice enchant. Cater and Snow Calls both provide ice enchant to the caller though if you're interested.
>>
Anons, if i had to choose between one to green, Tidus or Terra?
>>
had to rescue Garnet for a future gate. wasn't too difficult
>>
>>816913
Depends. Do you want to get either of their FRs? If you do, then green that character. Tidus gets his FR during Kam's cycle, Terra's during Lunafreya's cycle.
>>
>>816927
"Rescue" is like when you perform an action that helps someone, it might possibly even prevent their death

"Save", which is the more fluent translation of your statement, can mean "to hold onto something for later", but it can also be what happens as a consequence of you "Rescue"ing someone; you can "save" their life by "rescue"ing them
>>
Had to pity Lagunas LD, didnt even get his BT in all those pulls. Maybe i'll coin it one day, but im feeling some regret.
>>
>>816891
Is there a single resource like a spreadsheet somewhere that lists all the FRs and what their trigger conditions are? Or does one have to piecemeal track each one down? If it's the latter, I should start that process now for my own research/theorycrafting.
>>
>>817097
Your best bet is the compendium.
https://dissidiacompendium.com/characters/?filter=true&fr=true
There's the list of all characters who have an FR. If you pick one and go to their Abilities page and then pick their FR attack, you'll see the big FR buff button. Click it and it'll tell you what the trigger condition is for that character.
>>
>>816931
Would it be difficult to get both of their FRs along the way?
>>
>>817125
Not at all. You can pity an FR for 400 G-tokens. You also get enough high power tokens to MLB one FR every month. Terra comes out 2 months after Tidus so you could definitely have the resources to pity and MLB both without any issues.
>>
>>817104
Perfect, thank you. I'll start going through this for my notes.
>>
>>815015
>And Kain is god-tier without an FR.
That's what happens when you give someone's S2 6 brv dumps. If he manages to cap on all of them, that's over 1m damage.
>>
>>817309
It's actually mainly due to his massive off-turn damage since with his rework his Lancet gets 2 HP dumps off every action plus a strong BT aura (including a beefy party 30% max brave cap). With blue armor and his own max brave cap, Lancet can be hitting for ~400k off-turn damage to each enemy every attack. If you've got another character who also boosts max party brave damage (like Garnet or Ramza) he can hit 500k off-turn damage to each enemy with Lancet (2 enemies is 1 million damage he's adding to someone else's turn). So if you have Kain out and pop someone's Burst phase, that's a lot of extra damage he's shitting out during the 6 turns of that BT phase. And then if Kain's off-turn damage is boosting the FR gauge you it can quickly push the gauge up towards 999%. Once the FR gauge gets to about 500%, Kain's Lancet goes from hitting for 500k to each enemy to hitting for 2.5 million damage to each enemy (so 5 million off-turn damage if there's two enemies). If you get the FR gauge to 999% then his Lancet is hitting for 5 million to each enemy (or 10 million against 2).

If you look on altema you'll see Kain has managed to hold up stupidly well and is still one of the top 10 characters in the game (better than Minwu, better than Hope, better than Yuri) better than a lot of other FR/BT+ characters who got their FR/BT+ after he did. And that's in spite of having a kinda shitty FR. His strong BT aura and incredible off-turn damage is just stupidly strong and works so well with so man FRs. Honestly I was never a huge fan of Kain and skipped his LD/BT/FR when they released in JP and it's my number 1 regret. I don't know if I'll bother with his FR but I am absolutely going to get his LD and BT when it comes to GL even if I have to token it.
>>
>>817426
And here I was, also thinking that I was gonna skip Kain. Looks like I'm not
>>
500 tickets on Terra... no LD no BT

Guess it's not meant to be
>>
>>817426
Does Kam'lanaut still hold up to this day?
>>
File: Give Me Your Secrets.jpg (73 KB, 394x538)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
>>817580
Brutal, friend. I know that feel all too well. On the plus side, you'll get another chance at her when her FR comes out in August or thereabouts.
>>817426
That's horrifying and amazing. So if I brought, say, Faris, Garnet, and Kain on a team, used Garnet to enchant Kain with Water and then BT during Faris' FR effect, they could just decimate anything that wasn't explicitly absorbing Water damage?
He also seems like he would work really well with Fujin and another launcher/delayer like Cloud or Tifa, or Cor and someone else with a lot of off-turn damage like Trey.
>>
>my remaining 300 tickets on Laguna
>no Laguna LD no Laguna BT
>no Lenna LD either
it just keeps happening
>>
>>817938
>Does Kam'lanaut still hold up to this day?
Oh absolutely. He has a very strong kit with the paralyze, but the main draw is his broken FR which requires a bit more focus on team building to fully maximize it. By this point though there are definitely better characters like Rinoa or Tifa. Still, Kam is fine and I expect to see using him to clear fights for another six months.

>>818187
So if I brought, say, Faris, Garnet, and Kain on a team, used Garnet to enchant Kain with Water and then BT during Faris' FR effect, they could just decimate anything that wasn't explicitly absorbing Water damage?

Yeah. While Faris' FR is engaged, when you hit an enemy with a water attack it increases by the FR gauge by 5%. Also whenever you hit a debuffed enemy it increases the FR gauge by 5% per debuff (maximum of 40%). If you hit an enemy with 8 debuffs with a water attack, you'd increase the gauge by 45%. That does include off-turn attacks. So say, Garnet attacks with a water attack against an enemy with 8 debuffs, she'd increase the gauge by 45%. Kain would do his off-turn attack and increase it by another 45% for a total of +90% in one turn. So having Kain on the team basically doubles your FR gauge rate and also functionally doubles the bonus damage you're getting from the FR.

So any off-turn damage is great for boosting the FE gauge, like Cor is amazing, but Kain is the king because of his BT effect which increases the party's maximum brave by 30%.
>>
>>818283
That's hot as fuck, anon, and I want to abuse that so hard it isn't even funny.
>>
Are there any more banners with free pulls on Laguna BT or am I safe to token it?
>>
>>818422
Two more, Irvine Intersecting Wills and then the Thancred LD raid.
>>
>>818427
Appreciate that, thanks. Hopefully I get lucky on this one after having to pity Zack BT.
>>
Been practicing Laguna on every Luf/Luf+ I can find. I noticed, his gold framed debuff from his burst doesn't always work. I can inflict any debuff but not his. Is it how it supposed to be? And can a gold framed debuff can remove silver framed ones?
>>
>>819215
Bosses can only have a maximum of 8 framed debuffs, silver and gold invluded. If the boss already has 8 framed debuffs, Laguna's Gold Framed debuff won't be able to land. Make sure not to use him with debuff heavy teammates.
>>
>another 200 tickets on Terra
>700 total
>still can't even get her LD
Alright, new rule. If I ticket a banner, I only pull until I have the secondary character's LD, and then I stop pulling regardless. Why wont Terra let me have her
>>
>>819462
If you're new enough to not have Terra already, just wait for her FR banner with Ace's and Ramza's BTs
>>
>>819597
That would have been the smart thing to do, especially since I blew 700 tix for nothing, but I like Terra and I really wanted to be use her now instead of in a few months
>>
>>819462
stop being such a thirsty bitch and have sex
>>
>>819676
>projecting this hard
sasuga, anonkun
>>
>>819686
projecting what? she already gave me her full kit, she likes me
stay mad incel
>>
>>819702
alright you can have a small kek from me
>>
>decided I would spent 50 tickets on Irvine's banner
>got his LD with 40 tickets
Neat.
>>
it sucks that I have to wait until thancred LD raid event to finally pity (I do not want to happen but it will ) Laguna's BT on irvine gacha and it will be my last BT for the lufenia+ era
>>
Never thought pity-ing LDs thrice in a row is possible, but here I am. I've burned all of my resources just to pity Irvine's LD after I pity'd both Laguna's and Sherlotta's LD. I guess no pulling for a month or two.
>>
>>821155
Ouch. Fortunately the only character coming out over the next two months who's particularly good in the next two months is Cisseni. Snow is good with his BT, but you can swing a Snow friend for the most part, if you want to make use of his BT aura shenanigans. And nobody else is particularly noteworthy, especially considering we're going to be hitting the FR era in July.
>>
>>821164
>Cisseni
Is she like a Selphie must have?
>>
>>821191
Not at all. There aren't any "must have" characters coming out anymore. The closest I can think of is Lunafreya, but even then there are viable alternatives like Sherlotta or Hope or Celes or Minwu. Cissnei is just the strongest character to come out between now and the FR era, excluding Snow due to his buggy BT mechanic. She has a strong follow up she does after each party member goes (it has 1-3 hp dumps depending on her overhead stack) and she provides some pretty decent party auras. She does mogged by BT+ Kain when he comes out, but she stayed on a lot of people's teams for the first few months of Shinryu. Off turn attacks become one of the most powerful tools in the game once FR weapons come out.
>>
I've reached 50 BT tokens and the countdown has started before my new tokens expire.
Which BT should I look for in the 90 days to come?
I know Snow is really good but no way I'm using tokens for him.
>>
>>821801
Do you have Garnet? Do you have Machina?
>>
You know I was slightly worried when I saw that the new Lufenia+ required range brv damage, but apparently Mr.Shoota's shot counts as range damage so ez fight I guess.
>>
>>821832
I do have Garnet, I won't token Machina because he's a cunt.
And I'm more interested in the ones to come, otherwise I would have just used my tokens already.
>>
Man, this must be the most boring Lufenia+ yet.
The bosses don't do shit.
>>
DET8 left: Lilisette (Seifer) Laguna (Rydia) Zack BT (Sephiroth) Ramuh

DET8 right: Ace BT+ (Lilisette) Shiva

DET8 reckoning: Lilisette (Nine) Ace BT+ (Rydia) Zack BT (Raines) Ramuh

Had trouble with my available turn hogs. Ace BT solo got them down to 11% while ignoring the orb, so I greened him, which I was going to do eventually anyways. Center was pretty straightforward, ended up saving the summon near the end. Ace's BT+ skill and Zack's BT phase.
>>
The absolute state.
>>
>>823813
Is that Luf+ that easy?
I cleared it around 20 turns with my trap archers (Maria/Trey) and a Zack tank.
How did you deal with the annoying turn cut?
>>
>>823865
I went in blind, I didn't know about the consecutive turn cut thing.
I set up my BT+s then they had their three consecutive turns and they didn't do anything dangerous other than paralyzing Ramza. I then followed up with a Garnet LD and Laguna's BT phase and the fight was over.
>>
Won't lie I just kinda grinded my way through this one
>>
This one was pretty braindead
Used Kefka with UW 5/5, Garnet BT+ and Ramza friend (3rd unit did not matter)
Kefka's debuffs cock blocked the bosses' turn cuts completely.
>>
I don't even look at the orb these days
>>
>>
>>824534
i appreciate the little sag it makes them look more natural and it means she isn't wearing a bra
>>
>>824534
cute
>>
took me 3-4 attempts for this event but the most annoying thing was the normal lufenia with unupgraded characters for the ultima missions
>>
Spent 500 tix for Sherlotta, didn't get it.
Did just get Zack's BT at my last 10 pull though so I can no longer justify still throwing tickets at the banner by rationalizing that I have two weapon on banner that I want.
Would have preferred to just get the cat but it's OK. Her BTFR is very soon.
>>
No idea what i'm doing wrong, but i've been trying Gladio's LC Lufenia with the indicated characters like Bartz or Sabin and i can't seem to find ways to delay the orbs easily enough, even tanking with Eiko doesn't work properly.
>>
>>824879
If it makes you feel better I used many more than that on Terra and I don't even have her LD
>>
>>825048
Need 1 tank, 1 enchanter and 1 delayer iirc
Depends how new you are if you have Garnet, Zack and Quistis it should be easy
>>
>>825048
You need to have a character delay while also dealing elemental weakness damage. If you take Eiko and someone who delays (Quistis, Seifer, Garland, etc) then that delayer will tick up the orb each time they attack.
>>
>>825048
You can try Rydia, if you have her. Just add turn delay dps characters and you'll be fine.
>>
>>825616
Managed to pull it off with this, and even then i'm not sure how exactly i did it. Whatever.
The only remaining base Lufenia i have left is Nine's, and even though i know what has to be done for this one, it's still such a pain. I have the right team with Golbez, Garland and Fujin, but Lapis Laser always fucks me up when i'm not expecting; maybe i should wait until one of them gets the level 90 cap.
>>
>>825889
Do you have any tank like Basch or Zack who can help to absorb Lapis Laser? Alternatively maybe you could go with a full delay team, Garland + Fujin + delayer and just never let the boss get a turn.
>>
Any expectations for the stream besides whales melting down about the cap?
>>
>>826126
Pretty much, just Golden Week events. Probably an early LD.
>>
>>826126
it's thanks to whales this game is still alive so how's the cap a good thing if it limits the whaling? i say it as a 100% f2p
>>
Any thoughts on Ciaran?
>>
>>826731
Ciaran's alright I guess. He's a decent support with his BT, but between Ramza and Garnet there are two BT+ characters who are better. And then we'll be getting Snow in 2 weeks who's broken as fuck. But you can just use a friend Snow and he's only going to be god-tier for the 9 events before FR when he gets "fixed." Yeah, we're only 2 months away from the FR era.

But while Ciaran is strong but not terribly amazing in comparison to already existing BT+ supports, General Leo might be worth considering. His Call puts a 3 turn buff on the Caller that essentially increases their damage by 10% - after each HP dump they get a second HP dump equal to 10% of the original HP dump. It might not sound like a lot, but it's a pretty popular Call for a BT user, especially once the FR era arrives and you want to try and squeeze every last bit of damage out during your FR phase.

Really the only two notable characters coming out this month are Freya and Cisseni during Snow's cycle. Next month the only stand out is Vincent's BT, which prevents enemies from being able to buff themselves. A bit niche but it can turn certain fights into a complete joke. There's other fun characters like Relm, but she's immediately rendered useless by the arrival of Shinryu a couple of days later.
>>
>>826759
Tell me more about Freya
>>
File: 1633885477928.jpg (361 KB, 600x800)
361 KB
361 KB JPG
>>826772
Basically a more support oriented version of Kain. She also gets to jump up and hang out in the air while raining death down on enemies. She only gets 1 hp dump each time an enemy/ally gets a turn, whereas Kain gets 2 hp dumps, but she also heals the party and gives back more brave. Among her auras she gives the party Last Stand, which is always helpful. Also, she's a filthy rat.
>>
>>826126
Not necessarely for this stream, but i hope we don't seriously have to wait for September for Cor, it's been almost a year.
>>
>>826902
We're going to have to wait. Just like we had to wait for Beatrix and Aranea and other GL firsts to finally show up in their official spot.
>>
>>826933
I guess on the bright side, at least Garnet's BT is obtainable by farming tokens since i couldn't get it on the banner.
>>
Looks like Freya/Nine banner is going to be during Ciaran's BT cycle and now Snow's BT cycle. That's a bummer.
>>
>>826759
Is Cissnei a meta character worth building around, or is she just 'nice to have'? Also does Relm get any update later into Shinryu era that makes her relevant again, or have they not done anything for her lately on JP? If so, that's moderately disappointing since I kind of wanted to pick her up, but it gives me more reason to draw on Emperor if she's skippable for the time being.
Other than Leo and Freya, I'm thinking of getting Seymour for his LD/EX while I wait for his FR to come to this side of the pond. How does he hold up between now and his FR being released?
>>
>Also does Relm get any update later into Shinryu era that makes her relevant again
nothing only the force shit update lol
>>
>>827737
Unfortunate. I may throw some tickets at her for her LD, then, just because she's a favorite, but I won't chase her relentlessly when I already have other expenditures this month.
>>
>>826782
Is a Freya + Kain + Tunr Hogger party in FR good or just memes
>>
File: 1650938952348.png (653 KB, 640x700)
653 KB
653 KB PNG
Looks like Chaos has been waiting for us
>>
>>828197
He looks weirdly plain, like something made in photoshop without enough details to look real.
>>
>>827725
Cissnei is really strong. She's a support that gets off-turn damage. Again, off-turn damage is king during the FR era so she remains useful there even without FR boards. BT+ Kain is definitely the strongest off-turn damage dealer though. But if you don't plan to get and green Kain's BT weapon then Cissnei would be a good alternative worth considering. As for Relm, she just recently got her Force Boards, but that's it. She's fun to use, but unfortunately releasing immediately before the FR era and taking so long to get FR boards really hurt her.
>>
>>828159
Kain + Tidus is one of the gold standards for FR team builds. Tidus gets a ton of turns and Kain gets off-turns. They're like peanut butter and jelly. Adding Freya into the mix is great too since then you have another off-turn attacker. The only problem with Kain/Tidus/Freya is that you're either using Kain's FR or Tidus' FR. You can't bring in a Kam friend (if you do you're going to have to swap someone out). Kain's FR kind of sucks but Tidus has a pretty strong one. Tidus gets an early FR so you can use his FR and Freya works great with those two.
>>
>>828197
exactly as i was expecting, looks like cor
>>
>>828197
So, what's name will he be using?
>Jack Garland
>Jack (ffsop)
>Garland (ffsop)
>>
>>828197
I didn't watch the stream today. Are were we supposed to be getting him as a simultaneous release with JP or do we have to wait 8 months for him?
>>
>>828566
I think it might be 8 months but wait for Ope ope (that shitty jpn stream ) for more info , I think he will be the new main story character to (shameless) shill
>>
>>828578
I'd be excited to get him now but in 8 months SoP will be a distant memory and I won't care much.
>>
>>828221
Good to know, I'll keep an eye out for her and see about picking her up.
What does Relm's FR bonus trigger on? I can't find any info on it.
>>
>>828680
>Relm's FR bonus
She doesn't have an FR yet. She just got her Force Boards. Basically the way it works is, you get a Force Gauge, a meter that starts at 0%. When it reaches 100%, you can activate a character's Force Weapon (assuming you have one). The way you charge the meter is, characters will get Force Boards (a new batch of Character Boards). Characters that you have invested into the Force Boards of will get to increase the Force Gauge meter when they use their skills. Characters you haven't purchased Force Boards for will not be able to increase the meter.

When Shinryu hits being able to charge the FR meter is a pretty big deal. You can use characters without FR boards for awhile, but most aren't all that impressive. Some like Cisseni remain viable for a long time as did Ramza (thanks to his big buffs). I expect we'll see a lot of green Garnets in earlier Shinryu. But I remember also seeing people clearing early Shinryu using mostly unbuilt Ignis and Krile with no EX or LD. They just maxed out their FR boards, then spammed free turns to charge the FR gauge so they could bring in a friend Kam or Kain and blow up the boss during FR time.
>>
File: 1623621678502.gif (2.35 MB, 520x293)
2.35 MB
2.35 MB GIF
>>828197
No way
>>
>>828694
Ohh, now that's a wrinkle to the FRs I didn't realize was a thing. So it's not enough to have C90 past a certain point.
How many of these Force Boards are slated to release a month, on average? And how necessary are the rewards from Shinryu to keeping up with content? Like, will I get to a point of not being able to participate in co-ops without being a major drag if I don't get everything from Shinryu going forward? Or is it mostly bragging-rights rewards?
>>
>>828922
Clearing Shinryu gives you one FR powerstone. FR weapons are super expensive if you use regular powerstones, so getting as many high ones is important. But you also get them from chocoboards and you can use regular power stones to max FR weapons. So it's not like with BR pages/fragments or such where you can't get them from anywhere else.

Coops stay about where they are now. Maxing out FR and such doesn't matter too much.

If you check out the calendar >>813156 you'll notice that starting in July when Shinryu starts, every character will have a little blue dot on their character picture. That's when that character will get their FR boards unlocked.
>>
Does Bluestacks suck or is that just how this game is?

When I open the game, it tells me to download the new version and takes me to the store, but the store does not have an update button, leading me to believe that I am to uninstall it and then redownload it, but why?
>>
>>829125
I had to clear the cache in order to get the "update" button to appear, what a weird game
>>
File: Man of Integrity.jpg (58 KB, 638x478)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>828940
Got it. I'll add that to my planning notes. Thanks a lot, anon, appreciate the clear explanation.
>>
File: a toast to chaos.png (242 KB, 500x411)
242 KB
242 KB PNG
>>828197
>>828555
>>828578
>>828871
They might go with Jack Garland. From what i was able to understand (so keep in mind i might be completely wrong and thus you have to take this with a grain of salt) after the story chapter where the team confronts Bhunivelze, classic Garland disappears, and it's implied Jack is the form he's gonna have when he comes back.

>tfw Stranger of Paraside was ultimately a tie-in to a mobile gacha
>>
Is Irvine's IW Luf/Luf+ doable without him or doable with him without his LD? I really do not want to roll for his LD when he's on-banner with characters I don't like.
>>
>>829811
I beat it with Shadow (0 character board, 0 summon board, 0 armor, maxed weapons) and I think like Trey or something, with a Laguna BT+ call

I ticked the orb off and then just whittled him down. I don't think the boss does anything other than a chance to petrify. As long as you are using ranged damage I think anything you do will be fine
>>
>>829827
I checked and it turns out Laguna has HP Damage Resist Down on the Desperado debuff, so I guess I don't need to use Irvine.

Lesson: dissidiacompendium.com is your friend.
>>
>>829834
>so I guess I don't need to use Irvine.
I mean yeah, I told you that you don't need Irvine, remember?

>Lesson:
I get that you probably looked it up on your own in the 10 minutes that it took someone to answer your question, but your response makes it sounds like you are providing me with information, when that is not the case. I took the time to help you out, not the other way around. You informed me of nothing, I was the one informing you. Your post comes off as ungrateful and pompous, and I will never again answer another question here specifically because of (You)

Not a "thanks, but", not a "yeah", nothing of the sort. If you are so smart and important then why is asking 4chan the first thing you did? Why did you not try to solve your own problem first?
>>
>>828199
His Alt costume looks awesome though.
>>
I got Ciaran's LD but no EX and BT. Is he worth chasing? I already have Ramza, Garnet BT+ though.
>>
>>830144
If you already have Ramza and Garnet you're good then. We'll be getting Seymore, Alphinaud and Freya during Ciaran's BT cycle along will free pulls for all of them so maybe you'll get lucky.
>>
The fuck with this brothers looping man
>>
>>830144
He's synergy on the next two or three Challenge Quests. He wasn't too bad before and they've largely fixed his weaknesses. If you've got tickets to burn you can always fish a little for his EX.
>>
>>830147
Brothers are bugged, read the news.
>>
>>830155
No shit
>>
Nice.
>>
>>830102
He's chilling on his fucking throne in that art, they knew they had to put extra effort into it
>>
>>830147
The update today seems to have fixed this, fortunately.
In other news, I got Leo's LD on a free draw, and I already had his EX from a previous draw, so it's sword bro o'clock. Tomorrow we see what we can do about drawing for Seymour in anticipation of his BT and FR later this year.
>>
>another episode of Cloud struggling with someone trying to mind control him while his friends watch for 5 minutes doing absolutely nothing
Cloud has some bad friends.
>>
>>831907
>there's no fucking way Cloud is going to fall for this again
>that would be like, the third fucking time, haha
>I'll bet it's a trick and he's going to punch Sephiroth in the face
>yeah, here it goes, he's handing the compass over but it's just a set up for the punch
>o-oh, he just gave him the compass
>goddamnit
>>
Ciaran BT Lufenia: Arciela (Reno unused) Lenna (Ceodore) Terra (Yuna) Leviathan Garnet BT+

Zack nor Ciaran didn't seem that good here.
>>
File: 1632299917672.jpg (16 KB, 241x299)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>831907
but you wouldn't get it bro its a reference and shitty fanservice
>>
>>832094
Gladio is basically the MVP to this, he can just sit there while your support and DPS do everything. They seriously need to do a better job describing orb conditions, sometimes this shit feels like it was run through google translate.
>>
>>832102
It would have been better fanservice had Zack jumped in between and given a power of friendship speech, saving Cloud once again. Or have Aerith beat the shit out of Cloud to snap him back, to get some revenge for when Cloud beat the shit out of her when it happened in VII.
>>
File: Lenna, Arci and Garland.jpg (3.18 MB, 1600x1800)
3.18 MB
3.18 MB JPG
At first, I thought the overheads fulfilled the Lufenia orb condition...
>>
>those artifacts on arciela
you don't even love her kek
>>
>>832094
I thought I read somewhere the clones' Trine+ isn't blocked by HP Attack Disable, and was planning to use Leila or Beatrix. What all prevents Trine+? Does Freeze as well?
>>
File: VirginChadJack.png (1.1 MB, 1223x700)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB PNG
>>831791
These promo pics are just the Virgin/Chad meme when put next to each other.
>>
>>832522
Killing the adds before threshhold is the main tactic, someone said Pyramid blocks the guaranteed debuff hit.
>>
>>832542
kek
>>
>>832858
So it helps to have someone who can burst down single targets without accidentally splashing onto the main boss and pushing him below the health threshold? Makes sense.
>>
>>833244
A combination of Garnet and Gladio pretty much handle the worst aspects of this fight and the orb.
>>
>>833408
I have Garnet, but not Gladio. I was thinking of bringing Terra for the Orb, Lenna for preventing debuffs, and Arciela for locking down the main boss while Terra eradicates the minions. Would Garnet be a better fit than either Lenna or Arciela in this case since she'd make the fight faster with off-turn damage?
>>
>>833517
Probably Arciela since you would still have to deal with Kefka's attacks, and Garnets LD is the only thing that can heal you after the opening blast outside of bringing a heal call.
>>
They swapped Nine out with Yshtola on the Seymour banner. Ultra lame. But I guess a Yshtola/Freya banner would be pretty good for anyone who doesn't have Yshtola already built.
>>
Seymour was the only dangerous thing in that fight
>>
File: 1645030421502.jpg (845 KB, 2325x1079)
845 KB
845 KB JPG
>>833907
Pretty easy. Selphie countered the orb mechanic. Eiko's counter attack ensured that Seymour's turn jumping was a non-issue. Sherlotta made the team extra cute.
>>
>>833651
Gotcha. I was able to do it, not super fast but I was still able to full clear it safely by keeping up Arciela and Lenna's respective protections while Terra deleted everything. I may end up getting Terra an UW Sword after I'm done with getting Tifa her UW Fist, especially since she could share said sword with Tidus, another of my 'main' damage-dealers I've already sunk resources into.
>>833907
Nice. I was thinking of bringing Cloud, Seifer, and Beatrix - Cloud and Seifer for delaying the Orb, and Bea to deal with Seymour's turn-warping via counter attacks and Safeguard.
>>
Arciela is my mvp on both Kefka and Seymour Luf+. I just hope she'll stay relevant in upcoming events, where you can just silence and remove buffs from enemies to win.
>>
>>834570
Arciela is surprisingly useful for someone I impulse ticketed when her LD came out. Her C90's damage improvements have been a big help too. I don't have any complains, really, other than finding her Fast Cast buff to be pretty outdated/unnecessary in the current era, but I don't have a great answer as to what it should do when the rest of her kit is so strong. I guess it's just destined to be kinda vestigial.
>>
Forgot that a Cloud call could raise the orb or I might made it with Enna instead of Garnet. Celes neuters the attacks even with the physical mixed in.
>>
>>835265
I brought Setzer call and slapped Freeze on them to stop any shenanigans, then used a Ramza friend to reset the orb once before nuking. Only took 7 turns.
>>
thinking of tokening Laguna's BT and fully maxiing him out after some trial runs with friend units
his DPS seems the most nutty ATM
can any friends recommend the investment
>>
what are some useful LD only characters i can set as friend units? selphie? my only greens are bartz, ysh and tidus
>>
>>836628
Yeah, Selphie's always a good choice for a friend unit. Rem, Seymour (with a UW), Leo and Enna Kross (with UW) are all decent choices as well. Look forward to Y'shtola's c90 and rework in 7 days.
>>
>>836659
She was good before. Is she going to be much better at her c90? I have already BT+ and blued her.
>>
>>837055
She gets some solid upgrades. Nothing groundbreaking but if you already have her built then it's nice. Stone+ gets a second HP dump and also does a 2 turn delay instead of 1 turn delay (she was the key for dealing with the Luf Orb on Seymour's IW). Medica II becomes instant cast. Her LD now has 3 HP dumps. Her Scion Aero now has 2 HP dumps and her Afflatus Misery has 5 HP dumps and batteries the party.

Her EX doesn't get much just give her some big buffs - 30% max brave overlow, 30% brave recovery, 100% brave damage dealt and 20% hp damage dealt.
>>
Themed run!
>>
Man, those are some nice improvements to the UI.
>>
File: BAZOOOOOKA.png (1.87 MB, 1600x900)
1.87 MB
1.87 MB PNG
BOOM
>>
>>791674
I came back after 3 years and ended up getting Cloud's BT. After looking at what I got, I pretty much have no character who at least has both an EX and LD. I hope a future banner has someone I like on it.
>>
File: 1630096601902.jpg (2.84 MB, 4375x2375)
2.84 MB
2.84 MB JPG
>>838434
Here's the upcoming schedule.
>>
>>836659
I've become a big fan of Rem with her LD and the MBrv Floor thing she grants people like Seymour, Cid VII, Seifer, and others with lacking Brv gains between HP dumps. Leo's extra HP hit on single target/splash attacks has also been a major bonus; him and either Tifa or Cyan working together leads to extreme nonsense, to put it mildly.
>>838434
Welcome back. Fortunately for you, as >>838442 showed, we're on the precipice of a new set of reworks and new gear coming down the pipeline, so I'm sure there's something on the horizon worth chasing.
>>
>>838442
>>838670
Looks like I'll go for Lyse and Celes because I love blonds. Then I can save up for Iroha.
>>
anyone rolling for the big dumb seanigger's ldca? his debuffs are already covered by so many characters
>>
>>839285
I got his LD off a free daily go months ago
>>
Got Arciela's LD with only 10 tickets. I guess I will aim for Y'shtola's LD now. And then my boy Alphinaud.
>>
A fully built Vaan can clear summon boards faster than Cid and he's got green synergy right now. If you've already built him you can easily farm boards for whoever.
Also,
>autoable Lufenia+
The absolute state.
>>
>>839672
KEK!
>>
When will ashe LD reruns? Out of 12 cast, she and gabranth's the only one I lack but gabranth's banner is in a few months
>>
Hey, I can finally finish Divine Shiva farming. After this, I have to finish farming Seymour, Arciela and Thancred, and then Alphinaud, Nine and Deuce. Let's fucking go!
>>
>>839831
Looks like she returns alongside Reno's FR during Sherlotta's BT cycle >>838442
>>
>>839672
>autoable Lufenia+
Which one? Tonights event?
>>
>>840189
Which makes sense, since Reno's FR has synergy with any Lightning elemental characters, and Ashe's double Enchant/Imperil helps her/anyone with her Call benefit from it.
>>
>>840199
Seymour's.
Auron, BT+ Ramza and BT+ Garnet.
>>
All right. Alphinaud's and Wakka's LD get. Back to grinding.
>>
Nice to brush off Exdeath
>>
most annoying thing in this event? filling the 3 slots for the ultima missions
>>
I just hate this new Luf+. It's another "use this specific characters to clear" shit.
Add the banner trolling when they give you the weapons you already have.
Good thing I already have Exdeath's BT since first it came out.
My only problem now is the co-op farming. The only featured character I have is Wakka. And I haven't MLB him yet.
>>
>>840715
Wakka hits hard now with his EX/LD. And if you have Cyan's LD Call, he can two shot the second wave if you're using Wakka.
>>
>>840827
Man, Cyan is a solid investment. Praise the nukes.
>>
That was a tight fucking run. 1% off and i would have been screwed. Yda was just there to use S2 once and get swapped out. Them having a low orb count right off the bat just sucked, and only getting 3 ticks back only gives you 3 turns to do anything before letting them hit you again, terrible for characters that take even 1 extra turn or bump themselves up the turn order or just using a call.
>>
Yda (Rydia) Sephiroth BT (Lilisette) Alphinaud c80 no EX+ no enhance boards (Maria unused) Odin Garnet BT+UW

I fully expect to have a harder time in the base Lufenia pushing Ultima missions.
>>
so why the fuck nobody's setting a goddamn exdeath as friend unit. i have only 1 (one) in my whole friends/followers lists
>>
>>841216
Because they are voidless scum
>>
Farming Ultimate boards is pain...
>>
>>841316
What is the best way to do them? Am I supposed to farm them over and over again or am I supposed to unlock the full roster first, then use a book and autism my way through them?
>>
>>841341
They way I do then now is using 3 characters that I want to farm boards for, and make sure that I get them to Crystal LVL 75 and LVL 80 at the very least. Then equip two calls to nuke the bosses (in my case Tifa's and Cyan's). AND make sure you get to rank 1000 at the very least. After that, go ham and retry the battles until the 3 characters have 6500 summon points of the summon you are farming.

Also, start the first battle without a support character. That way whenever you retry the battle you skip selecting a support for the next one and thus saving time.
>>
>>841341
Boards make a huge different in terms of character capability. They give the character a massive statboost so you want to get all of your main characters summon boards maxed out ASAP. Ideally you have Calls that are strong enough to one shot the boss (Cyan, Tifa, Leo, Enna Kros). If not, you can always grab a friend support and pop their BT finisher. That will kill any boss other than Shiva and Brothers (since you have to beat them "twice"). Then just pop a x2 exp book and get to work. Keep in mind that if a character has synergy (x2 exp bonus) that stacks with a book so you'd be getting x4 to the summon board exp.

Summon boards are definitely the biggest grind in OO, but fortunately you get really nice bonuses, plus gems, armor tokens and tickets so it's definitely worth it. Also don't worry about maxing out summon boards for characters you don't have gear for unless you want the tickets/gems.
>>
>>841316
I'm so glad I'm almost-done. The only 0/560 characters I have are a handful of the ones I'd never use to begin with.
>>
>>841796
Man, I still have like 40+ to go, but it does get better overtime. The first month was hell.
>>
>>841801
And by the time they do full 2x exp at 5th anniversary you won't have any left to do. Unfortunately there's no full SS for Divine boards at that time, even though there really fucking should be. They're constantly rerunning the same fucking Divine Boards. I don't even know if in the next year there's going to be Divine reruns for Ramuh, Brothers, Alexander, or Diabolos.
>>
>>841827
I just finished Divine Shiva. Took me 2 days, and that's because Vaan carried the fight hard.
>>
>>841830
I might have to start eating my stamina pots whole to finish my outstanding Divine Boards just because they're never rerunning SS for them in the forseeable future. They're adding Odin and Bahamut, at least, but only Odin as far as I know gets a regular Divine SS and I know I can auto+ finish it with triple SS characters when it first drops with Gabranth's FR.
>>
>>841836
Which one is the next Divine SS rerun? And doesn't Divine Brothers would have a SS rerun during their Spiritus version?
>>
>>841836
I used a macro for the divine boards and watched some shows while it was on. Waiting for a SS rerun seems like waste when you can automate the whole process anyways. Had like 400 stamina pots at the time so it wasn't too bad.
>>
>>841964
I simply run the Divine Boards in Auto+ while I'm studying. Only need to press the retry button every 1 minute or so.
>>
>>841316
It can be. I've been working on Seymour's today using Auto+, and picking up some on Reno along the way because I didn't grind him up when he was last on the double XP rate list, and Garnet's handling the nuking portion since I don't have a third person on deck in need of board XP. Since I don't draw on too many characters, I only do this once or twice a month and will do it less over time as I collect the characters I want, so it's not too big a deal.
>>841362
Agreed. It's worth doing, if banal, but there's grindier games out there than OO to be sure.
>>841145
I used Exdeath, Maria, and Trey, and basically let the layers of traps and DoTs melt them. If I were to do it again, I'd probably have done Exdeath's burst earlier to shave off some turns, but I was being too conservative about it until I noticed they were in the 20% range.
>>
>>842064
>It's worth doing, if banal, but there's grindier games out there than OO to be sure.
I still remember the days I was grinding in GBF. NEVER AGAIN!
>>
>>841964
I have 2098 stamina pots.
>>
>>841964
fuck is a macro? an autoclicker right? what are you using?
>>
>>842092
Emulators have built in macro feature.
>>
>>842108
Which emulator do you use? I usually play on my phone.
>>
>>842123
Iv been using Bluestacks to play for about a year. At least transferring your account isn't a pain in the ass in this game, so you could transfer to an emulator when you need to do some heavy farming. I know apple phones have built in "Switches" feature somewhere in the settings, which basically let you record your taps for afew seconds and repeat them. As for android, you would rely on 3rd party macro/auto apps, which could sometimes be a gray area in-terms of devs counting that as cheat ban, dunno how OO handles it.
>>
>>842133
The more you know. I guess I will stick to Android given that I'm almost done with the characters Ultimate Boards. Besides, the more characters I get, more Rank I will gain and thus making the runs a bit faster. As long as I can hit that sweet spot of clearing a board in 4 runs or less I'll be good.
>>
I just realized we wont get ultima materials for more than 2 maybe 3 full ultima weapons, did jap shitters ever get more ultima orbs outside of payfagging?
>>
>>842761
Six man events gives you 160 orbs apparently, enough for a single upgrade.
>>
>capped out on divine summon points
Bros... I didn't know it capped out. I wonder how many Stamina potions I wasted
>>
>>842071
Same. I really wanted to like GBF but once I got past the 'easy' parts and into the mid game resource farming, I just couldn't deal with it.
>>
>>844055
Checked.
I have to admit that story events were fun for the most part, especially the Society ones, but I can't stomach that much grinding. And I tried.
>>
>>843521
Sucks dont it? Iv learned to put my macro on a timer rather than leave it infinitely running.
>>
>>844261
That's the thing, I have mine set for 6 hours but I was lazy and didn't spend my points before I restarted it. A valuable lesson, though
>>
Man. I'm almost done with the Chaos era LC. So far it has been fun.
>>
Fucking hell. I got Zidane's and Faris' kit after burning through almost 350 tickets. WEW LAD.
>>
considering i want to pull cissnei anyway i just wasted 200 tickets ._.
>>
420 tickets for the rat and two BTs I'll never use
>>
Wtf is this lufenia is all about? I only have my evasion characters, but they won't evade for shit. Plus the orb ticks by 3.
>>
>>845781
>but they won't evade for shit
The camel's recast attack is unavoidable kek
>>
This was an obnoxious one
>>
>>845781
Idea is you use Freya or Kain to jump in the air. The boss attacks them with the unevadable attack, they'll evade it anyway. You can just take Eiko though. I used her and Leila. Had to rez a few times but it was no big deal.
>>
Is Freya worth the enhancement points and power stones and summon points if I'm just gonna get Cissnei in a couple weeks?
>>
>>845809
I just cleared it with Nine, Garnet and Ramza while tanking all their attacks. God this is my worst cycle. Good thing I have my busted old units.
>>
Thank god I rolled for Eiko so I can unga this Lufenia.
>>
>>845812
They work pretty well together. Freya is a strong character and holds up in Shinryu. So is Cissnei though. You can use Freya on like any DET team if you wanted. I guess it just depends on how many enhancement/summon points and power stones you have.
>>
Yeah this one was alittle bit of a bitch. Im glad i had a random Leila on my friends list.
>>
File: 1503483343562.jpg (66 KB, 623x469)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
We're close to Shinryu/FR era and I still haven't used any of the tokens from DE and BT dupes and I only used the event tokens because they were about to expire.
Suffering from success is real.
>>
>>845872
>suffering from success
i feel you, i was so annoyed by this lufenia after my second attempt i had to pity freya with my 1.5mil (unpaid) gems :(
>>
I cheesed it too, I wish I had Amidatelion's LD
>>
I had the urge to splurge so I dumped 300 tickets on Vaan's banner and ended up getting Arciela's EX/LD. She's the first character with a fully realized EX/mlb'd LD and I was able to do level 150 event quest without needing to depend on a support character. Time to do more summon farming and unlocking the rest of them.
>>
is the maintenance over
>>
>>847026
Yes.
>>
Is the camera in Eyes on the Prize being shitty for anyone else?
>>
>>847375
Yeah. The bosses are really long so sometimes the camera ends up inside their face when you're doing moves.
>>
>>847377
I've had all sorts of problems. Garnet's BT won't point the camera at her and Eiko at all until the last half-second, Ciaran's attacks are shown from a weird angle, and I've seen the camera go completely overhead with ranged attack calls.
>>
>>847778
Probably is a bug with the center point of the camera colliding with the models of the camels.
>>
>>847778
Yeah the camera for Garnets BT has been going crazy again for the last few events. The camera during the camel fight is also just bad, i've had it clip behind its eyeball during certain attacks.
>>
I caught up with content a while ago and I'm bored now.
>>
Leila (Nine) Llyud (Amidatelion) Enna Kros (Lilisette) Shiva Garnet BT+UW

Staggered recast thresholds. Almost missed score.
>>
>>848942
Thats just how it is. You clean up the shop for the shards and limited resources, and then you wait for the next event shop.
>>
>>849551
And start tackling the LCs and story chapters.
>>
>>849645
If you're caught up with content, thats all completed too.
>>
>>849777
Even the Abyss and Dimension's End too? WEW LAD.
>>
>>849805
Yeah, I started playing in early 2020 iirc
>>
Snow BT+ tonight, frens.
Is he a good friend unit or should I keep Garnet even if I green/blue him?
>>
>>850617
Oh... I guess I can finally dust him off if I get his BT and LD.
>>
>>850643
His LD makes him the best auto farmer for cactuar and filler quests.
>>
File: pepevilliers.jpg (111 KB, 690x520)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
herobros are you ready
my bt tokens are ready for the burst tonight
>>
>>850686
Not really. I will drop a few tickets, but that's it.
>>
>>850686
I'm ready to use my BT tokens on the only worthwhile BT until FR comes out. I've already lost like 5 from past challenge quests.
I better not fucking get a dupe from throwing tickets at Raijin's LD.
>>
I'm dismantling my maxed out big dick sword to give Snow a maxed out big fisting fist
>>
>>850686
There are free pulls on every banner for his BT cycle, so don't token it until the last one. If you get it in a free pull after spending 50 tokens you'll feel like a retard.
>>
File: 1627878573558.png (105 KB, 678x300)
105 KB
105 KB PNG
>>850686
I'm ready for her.
>>
>>850686
Hoping to stretch things until Lunafreya or Terra's FR. Snow was hyped up but then Garnet and something to do with Shinryu caps happened.
>>
>>850730
thanks I didn't know
>>
>>850789
I have a full stash of tickets waiting for her
>>
File: emperor.jpg (74 KB, 979x551)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
Fuck Snow. I'm gonna 3/3 Mateus' BT+!
>>
>>851011
firion and mat best designs in the whole franchise, objectively
>>
>Snow BT on free pull
Easy game, easy life.
Too bad I wasn't planning on using him so I don't have the mats to fully upgrade him (mostly, his HG armor)
>>
>Emprah and Snow's LD
>Lyse and Leon's EX
>Balthier's EX
I'm mad that I didn't get the Emprah BT and EX, but I will live on.
>>
>>851085
Same. I kind of wanted him but not really and now that I have his BT I have to decide if I want to 3/3 him and his armor or Emperor or wait for Prishe or Yuna and max them out instead. I have enough resources to max out 2 of those 4.
>>
freepull Lyse
what do I do with my tickets now
>>
>>851129
Cissnei should be soonish
>>
File: 1628515999027.jpg (787 KB, 1080x1920)
787 KB
787 KB JPG
I love her, bros.
>>
bumbled my way in this one
>>
This was pretty intense. First team did 70% of the fight, only changed to Enna + Rem when the second boss changed it's affinity.
>>
File: 1638263559413.png (936 KB, 1280x720)
936 KB
936 KB PNG
I guess I'll put this here too. No BT, no blues, no calls, never switched party members

Killed the thing on the right first since the thing on the left demanded that I drop Arciela's HP attack silence before I could do damage to it. Freya's Soothing Petals last stand buff carried the fight honestly. I think Arciela's debuffs might have actually been a hindrance now that I think about it. Probably could have cleared with less turns if the robot wasn't immune to damage for half the fight, cuz he apparently keeps his shield up until you let him do his HP attack, which Arciela's silence prevents. I think I had more than enough healing going on to deal with whatever HP damage it would have done, and I don't think I would have dropped below 30%
>>
>>851223
jesus how long did this even take?
i can understand no green supporters cause freya and selphie are enough, but no green dps either?
>>
>>851244
I don't know, but I think less than 30 minutes
I don't have a green dps, I don't even have any dps for that matter. I have Zack green'd so I could have used him but I just did it to prove a point that you don't really need anything to clear content
>>
File: 2022_05_13_13.39.06.jpg (802 KB, 1280x720)
802 KB
802 KB JPG
This fight is actually fun. And I don't really have to rely too much on featured characters, even though Balthier did a lot for me. Lyse is just there to watch.
>>
File: 6 Warrior.jpg (1.23 MB, 2400x2160)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB JPG
Didn't get the HP requirement this run, but I already did it before anyway.
>>
File: 1606220247185.jpg (84 KB, 523x863)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
>>851146
Wonder what gripes do the devs have against XIV. While not as bad as with Tactics, they kinda stopped with Lyse two and a half years ago. They don't have a villain rep, Zenos is the only NT character not yet in the game and a lot of other easy to insert characters like Urianger, Gunbreaker Thancred or Estinien are nowhere to be seen.
I was wondering originally if they wanted Endwalker to come out and base the characters from there, but nothing so far.
>>
>>851821
>Gunbreaker Thancred
I would literally pay for him. Same for Emet and Estinien. At this point is a surprise that they haven't added Urianger. Also, Tactics
>Orlandeau
>Delita
>Alma
>Ultima
>Gagfarion
Fuckin' hell. Come on!
>>
File: 1630183316917.jpg (2.77 MB, 4375x2375)
2.77 MB
2.77 MB JPG
r8 & h8

White = gems
Blue = tickets
Green = already have or will have at that point

I've been pretty lucky with getting LDs on tickets, but I might have to dip into gems for some of these. I hope there is enough resources, but I think there is
>>
caccidentally 3/3'd Emperor's BT+ instead of Snow's
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>852039
Good job, Imperial.
>>
>>852046
I'm going to fucking freak. I only have 1 book now, I think I'll just skip snow for now since we're getting Kain and Kam in a couple months...
>>
>>852039
Now, kneel to your Emperor
>>
>>851085
I got two of his BT out of ~700 tickets, and no LD for Lyse, so RIP. I have Snow's whole kit now but like >>851092 I don't have the resources or interest in using him anytime soon. Depending on when Divine Bahamut hits in relation to Cissnei's release, I may either pull for her or wait until her return, since Lulu's LD is coming in the foreseeable future and she's non-negotiable as a draw target, not to mention the various FRs coming down the pipeline.
>>851290
It does seem interesting but it definitely makes me feel dumb, trying to figure out when to switch and whether to focus the right boss down until it's out of commission, then tear into the left one.
>>
>>852039
How the fuck you do that on accident?
>>
>>852176
He got lost in the sauce while window shopping
>>
>>852176
>realize Emperor's BT to get the last brick I need
>get distracted and lock phone
>come back thinking I had Snow's BT selected and 3/3 without actually looking
I hate myself.
>>
>>852244
Top lol.
>>
Getting really bored of the game so I blew my load on Snow's banner, didn't even get his LD
>>
>>852959
How big of a load did you blow?
>>
Six Man Prelude:
Vanille (Caius) Garnet BT+ (Raines) Rem (Amidatelion) Diabolos
Sherlotta (Lilisette) Seifer (Reno) Rydia (Nine)

~50 turns but was just messing around. Rydia was the weak link here but I think everyone was useful. The debuffs were rough but only happened once. Only needed 2 dispells (1 being Diabolos) so Seymour is probably better than Vanille for this. Seifer and calls handled the tanking and magic immunity. Garnet dipped red once during the kill phase but the KO didn't trigger.
>>
>>852969
A very small one actually, can't pity it yet and I know how retarded it is. I've been pulling a lot lately without even knowing what the weapons I pulled do or without even using the characters.
I think I'll finish DET whenever the last floor comes out and be done with it
>>
>when the dont make the bosses immune to Freeze
lol. Eiko was there just for healing when the boss starts HP sapping, didnt use a single revive. Its been a very long time since i've seen Garnet's BT buff follow up attack trigger.
>>
File: (Uboas in Japanese).jpg (245 KB, 1200x1200)
245 KB
245 KB JPG
>>852039
Fell for his trap.
>>
File: 1623920329188.jpg (277 KB, 1920x1080)
277 KB
277 KB JPG
Fusoya with Iroha BT.
>>
>>853449
fusoya says trans rights!
>>
>>853453
Keep my sensei's name OUTCHUR FUCKIN MOUTH
>>
>>852039
Congratz!
>>
File: Iroha BT.jpg (270 KB, 1920x1080)
270 KB
270 KB JPG
Irohafriends, we eat good!
>>
Have you ever met someone that not so bright on co-op? Long story short i was hosting a boosted room using Freya. 2nd guy already pressed ready the moment he came to the room but not the 3rd guy, and both are using Snow. He has no LDCA equipped so i thought he was still choosing, so i waited for him.
But after 90 seconds the 2nd guy grew impatient so he send a dragon quest "hi" sticker, then the 3rd guy used a finger point sticker, pointing at the "boosted character needed" text.
Ah, he must be referring to me, so i thought.

For that guy with the Gray username, if you are reading this, please. If the character's portrait is flashing, that means they are boosted. Thank you
>>
File: 1603903096545.png (539 KB, 380x798)
539 KB
539 KB PNG
>>853560
I played with this one guy who was using the same character as the third player, when the guy's turn came, he kept pointing at the other player thinking it was his turn.
There's also the low rank players using one of the 3 Start Dash characters who clearly didn't quite pick up on how the game works yet but I don't get too mad at them. Unless they're Squall players, those are always the worst and they ALWAYS do a full BT without any of his gear for a whopping 10~20k damage.
>>
>>853567
It baffles me that he still can't figure out his own turn, given that his phone will vibrates when his own turn came. So yeah maybe he's playing on an emulator or something
>>
>>853560
gray is a pretty famous troll (at least on reddit) and for some autistic reason he's never changed his name
>>
>>853449
I wonder how Tellah and Cid can look like with this art style.
>>
>>853587
Oh, i didn't knew about that. That means there's a high chance that the Gray that came to my room is the same as that famous troll on reddit. Wish there was a block/ban feature in this game
>>
>>853509
Odd pick for the final BT for Act 3 but apparently the reason is because it's the 20th anniversary for FFXI so it's all good.
Also, I never played XI, and I know nothing about her but I loved her design and kit and I used her in nearly every event after she first came out for about 2 months so I'm definetly getting both her FR and BT when it hits GL
>>
>>853602
>20th anniversary
So that's why they are doing a GBF collab
>>
>Machina's FR partner is Kain
>Move is called "Atonement"
K-kino...

Here's the rest of the translations if anyone's interested
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_elkH9P_34
>>
>>853608
Traitorous duo with a redemption arc, pog
>>
>>853509
>no costume for Iroha but another one for s0iboy shit
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
>>
>>853863
Does she even have an alternate costume in her own game, anon?
>>
>>853876
maybe her phoenix form idk
>>
>>853560
>Have you ever met someone that not so bright on co-op?
Back on one of the 3-wave co-ops where I think Machina and Vivi were two of the synergy characters, I ran into a Machina who only had his 15+35 passives and an ungreened BT. He used his BT chain early and then kept spamming the morphed HP+ that wouldn't even hit for 100k, and then he died because he dumped brv before a boss was going to attack him.
>>
>Act 3 final boss is Cloud of Darkness
Now I get why Iroha got the BT
>>
File: 1644195636262.jpg (635 KB, 844x1181)
635 KB
635 KB JPG
>>853509
I love her
>>
>>853453
Keep that gay shit on Twitter faggot
>>
>>853449
I hope when he gets koed he looks like a mop like in the orginal game I would laugh so hard
>>
>>854427
It will probably look like his 3D remake model which is even funnier because he just deflates like a balloon and lies completely flat on the floor, I don't know why he's like this
>>
>>854168
Speculations for Act 4 for anyone that cares about the plot?
We haven't seen all final forms of the villains like Exdeath, and Fusoya coming gives the implications Zemus/Zeromus will show up probably as a boss only like Bhunivelze. It might be leading up to Garland becoming Chaos, though i wonder how this will tie over with the original Dissidia titles and how it will get with Jack.
Overall, i get the idea Act 4 is probably gonna be the last.
>>
>>854937
we are still missing scourge ardyn , vayne form of nigger, hitler cid (they will put him how the OO devs loves turd-0 ) , tacti.. pffhahahahahahah good one , XI and something for xiv (lol lmao even)
>>
>>854969
Well, 5 more years until Tactics' 30th anniversary. Maybe we can finally get Orlandeau then.
>>
>>854937
>Act 4 is probably gonna be the last.
anon, they will milk this until it makes no money
>>
>>854937
>Act 4 is probably gonna be the last.
I hope not, I really like this game. But if it is, well, that's still 2 years left for the game. And Rikku still won't be in the game, LMAO
>>
Raijin! FUJIN! Arciela!!
>>
File: 1639324464791.jpg (1.87 MB, 2400x1080)
1.87 MB
1.87 MB JPG
Not gonna lie, this one was kind of a pain in the ass. Seifer's turn warp and massive damage, plus the annoying as fuck debuffs. Cater managed to keep Seifer from being able to do damage and Eiko rezzed everyone when the orb popped.
>>
>>855713
fucking how? don't you have a dps with green bt? just freeze/daze/whatever with a call, garnet bt and destroy them with a dps
>>
>>855750
I don't find Blowing shit up by stacking BT auras to be much fun. I have more fun seeing how far I can get by trying to mostly bypass mechanics with tools like freeze/delay/rez, etc.
>>
>>855752
get a load of this STRlet LMAO
>>
File: 1632078587656.png (928 KB, 1280x720)
928 KB
928 KB PNG
>>855750
I'm a newfag and even I don't think that blowing shit up in 5 turns is fun
>>
The boss couldn't do anything, lmao. And Seifer was neutered because Freiya kept him in check with WoL's call.
>>
You know shit are real when she starts speaking decent
>>
File: 2022_05_17_22.07.06.jpg (754 KB, 1280x720)
754 KB
754 KB JPG
Saved by Arciela again. Too bad, she will be less useful in the upcoming era.
>>
File: 1652450854362.jpg (12 KB, 214x282)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4wU990O_o4

>1 hour
yep this is the shitty future those shitty nips and le hardcore players asked for
>>
>>856154
You make the assumption that every OO YouTuber is a god tier player. I obviously know nothing about the fight, but his first 3 force times topped out at ~500-600%. I've seen many, many Shinryus where the player has 999 with like 3 or 4 turns left on the gauge. It looks like that fight would take 2 force times no matter what, but I seriously question whether 4, as shown in the video, is the best that can be done
>>
>>856120
>Too bad, she will be less useful in the upcoming era.
I feel that way about Leila. I've been using her for all these bosses that turnjump on you. Will probably use her for the next story chapter boss, too, since you can't delay/break/launch him or make him lose turns, and he turnjumps on you.
>>
>>854969
DON'T CALL ME CIDLER
I'M A NICE GUY
>>
>>853608
I hate this fucker's voice. He sounds like he's unironically retarded.
>>
>>856324
go to commit sudoku you old fart
>>
So I'm fresh to the game and got lucky pulling Cloud's BT and EX. Should there be someone that I should be aiming for to build around him to start with? It doesn't look like he fills any big niche just reading his abilities.
>>
>>856699
get his LD too and roll for snow and raijin stuff that shit will carry you
>>
>>856699
Did you get his LD? You kinda need that to get a characters full moveset as well as finish their board, and the LD is usually the best ability. He is a damage dealer with occasionally launches, can delay the enemy side with his LD, but he focuses more on single targets. For any DPS, you want a support character to keep his damage going. The third party slot can go towards a tank/healer, or another DPS depending on how good your support is. Team comp really depends on what content your doing, you can generally do most early game content with anyone since most of it is completely outdated in terms of recent powercreep and unit reworks.
>>
File: 1626363269910.jpg (187 KB, 650x1213)
187 KB
187 KB JPG
>>856699
Cloud is a solid jack-of-all-trades type character. He can paralyze, delay, launch and dispel enemy debuffs. He doesn't excel at any one thing, but he has so many different tools in his kit that you can't really go wrong with him. If you plan to use him, you're going to want to keep pulling on that banner until you get his LD

https://dissidiacompendium.com/characters/cloud/gear/ldweapon

I'd recommend going for Snow's banner after that. He's a really strong tank. At least get his EX and LD. The next upcoming banner is going to have Cissnei and Y'shtola. Both are very strong and you should go all in on that one and get EX/LD for both. Freya is also a strong support, so you could consider her instead if you like rats more than cats.
>>
>>856714
>>856715
>>856718
Forgot to mention I got his LD too yeah. I got Freya from the free 10 pull on her banner and have been liking her so far despite not having her LD so maybe I'll go for it to secure the support slot. I'll keep Snow in mind too.
>>
>>856721
You wont see all the abilities his attacks and buffs can do until you unlock his board. The real good stuff is locked behind a character board for every character, and you need to max unbind each weapon a character has (except BT) to access the whole board. You get points to unlock nodes on it during new events/story chapter debuts, but only while the event is running, and you can gain a maximum of 5k points for each one.
>>
>>856736
To add to this, you only need to max out the LD board. The other weapon boards give bonuses, but only the LD board is mandatory to max out.
>>
>>856839
Also summon boards. Characters hit like wet noodles if you don’t fill those up.
>>
>>856857
And for summon boards, when Prishe's banner hits you'll be getting x2 summon board exp by having any of those characters in the party. It'll be a good opportunity to pop your free Mog Pass since that will give another x2. It'll be the best opportunity to grind out summon boards for your characters if you're able and willing to do it. Summon boards are the only real grind in OO and they're a lot easier than they used to be.
>>
File: 1630358966257.png (2.31 MB, 808x3523)
2.31 MB
2.31 MB PNG
>>856893
>And for summon boards
>It'll be a good opportunity to pop your free Mog Pass
No, do not do this

As long as you've got the time or are on Bluestacks with a macro the potion cost is minimized by having a new account because you get potions with each level up. The time cost is real, but can be minimized with macros

However, if someone uses their free (premium!) mogpass right now as opposed to during the FR era, they will be missing out on like 300k enhancement points, and it will be during a time when maxing a character now costs 23k points. Do not use your free mog pass until FR
>>
>>856899
Oh good point. I forgot about that.
>>
File: 1564072689439.jpg (537 KB, 3040x1440)
537 KB
537 KB JPG
based daily roll
>>
>>857161
Neat. Best I've ever gotten is a couple of dupe EXs.
>>
I can't for the life of me manage to get through Kadaj's Lufenia+ without a KO. Either i can't stop Evil Eye from one-shotting me or i accidentally turn-hog meaning the countdown doesn't get replenished by Maria's LD and i get TKO'd.

I tried some suggested combinations like Setzer for Freeze and rainbow damage, Jecht for damage dealing and so on, but i always get one of the aforementioned problems.
>>
>>856839
True i've been aiming for the LD extension only, saved me much more points
>>
>>857184
Ah yeah i remember that stage, they got ridiculous brv gain and max brv. You got Leila? She can cheese that
>>
>>856839
I've been maxing out the entire board all willy nilly...
>>
>>857201
Tried for a while, couldn't make it work still due to Evil Eye.
I ended up tanking using WoL's shields, but it feels so unearned.
>>
>>857184
On the current banner, Freya and Emperor should be easy. I used Trey and Zack
>>
>>856154
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_koLRGb2nI
>30 minutes
This is still pretty long, but it is much more reasonable and more in line with what I'd expect the fight to be like
>>
>>857184
I've been fucked over twice because they cleanse their debuffs before Leila gets a chance to reapply her LD and they fucking kill everyone.
>>
>>856893
Summon boards wouldn't be annoying if the quests were on a single map instead of forcing us to navigate the ugly menus every time you need to switch summon (wasting time on your books).
Using the points is annoying too, but it's not so bad.
>>
>>857424
My biggest gripe is the same that i have with Artifacts: we're given too few options. Picking a maximum of 3 might have worked for when they got introduced, but it'd be nice if they got raised to at least 5.
>>
File: 1581365396394.png (31 KB, 128x128)
31 KB
31 KB PNG
Instead of worrying about shit that will only happen 8 months from now, you all should be more concerned about tomorrow when the TRUE hero arrives to bring an end to garbage time.
>>
>>857802
>Cissnei
>Y'shtola
>Lion
Which one is the TRUE hero that's arriving tomorrow?
>>
File: FACIctBXoAAIWuN.jpg (130 KB, 952x536)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
>>857814
There's only one True Hero, anon.
>>
>>857802
>to bring an end to garbage time.
There is no such thing as garbage time, the game is simply easy
>>
>>857817
looks like a pain even with freya
>>
>>857860
Freya is good for the Crit condition but not the follow-up one.
It's trickier than than the picture suggests. The orb requires a follow-up triggered by an action against an enemy, so Kain, Freya and even Cor, will not work. You need Cissnei, Yang, Noctis BT and CoD BT.
I'm not sure if other selfish follow-up characters can work like Cinque and Squall.
>>
>>857869
>You need Cissnei, Yang, Noctis BT and CoD BT. Cinque and Squall.
I will complete the fight with none of these characters
>>
>>857880
Good luck, anon, it's actually very possible with crit damage alone
>>
>>857869
I'll probably just cheese it with Eiko like I always do.
>>
Gonna reroll a fresh account in global this time, who to reroll for
Been outta this game for a considerable amount of time
>>
>>858035
HMMM
>>
>>858035
get snow, freya, raijin and start saving up gems until july
ignore cloud, lightning, squall and people hyping up cissnei, newbies don't need her
>>
>>857869
Does Rem's Siphon Magic attack work, since it triggers once her turn ends?
>>
>>858718
No, it has to trigger only when you attack an enemy.
>>
>>858726
Man that's a very prickly requirement. I'll see what I can do.
>>
>>858035
I think Snow's automatic AOE from his LD Extend does enough damage to kill almost-everything in Act 1 Hard and the pre-Chaos LCs on Hard, but it helps to have a couple of stat-boosting aura characters like Freya and whoever else you think fits.
>>
I can't believe I would ever have to pity a character's EX of all things in this era, yet here I am with 3 Snow BTs, 1 Cissnei LD but none of her EX.
>>
Someone please tell me the cons on skipping Snow BT
>>
>>858993
You'll miss out on him doing his auto attack after every attack during his burst.
>>
>>859027
Fair enough. Anything else?
>>
File: ysh.jpg (103 KB, 772x400)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
Bruh this banner
Over 500 tickets for ciss LD and so much Ysh stuff, even got Snow BT
Gonna try to get Setzer LD now. Who thought putting the same LD on 2 banners was a good idea? I don't want to see the cat ever again!!
>>
File: 2022_05_20_14.26.20.jpg (803 KB, 1280x720)
803 KB
803 KB JPG
I didn't enjoy this fight.
>>
Dunno how people managed to do this without her. Even with her that was a giant pain in the ass and Tidus almost ran out of skills. Maybe I'm just a bad player.
>>
>>859444
Oh well, all the more reason to green Tidus now i guess
>>
I'm going to be hosting co-ops tonight in about 7-8 hours. Everyone's invited, even newfags and people who aren't going to bring synergy characters.
>>
>>859121
Same thing with Zidane. Last few GL banner changes have been really clumsy.
>>
Almost screwed this one up near the end because I forgot to apply Sazh's buffs on Freya before her Jump but she killed the fucker when she landed right when the orb was about to explode.
Tried to do this run again without a Cissnei friend but only got as far as 8% HP left on the boss before I ran out of ways to manage the orb. Maybe Machina instead of Locke would do it.
>>
File: refiroth.jpg (851 KB, 2280x1080)
851 KB
851 KB JPG
Done and dusted.
>>
I finally did it brehs, what a fucking chaotic run this was had to revive several times with Aeris and whiffed most of my calls, Aeris Bash and Lenna were the real mvps
>>
>>859613
The fuck are you talking about in jp he was on 2 banners (like the twins and jergan next month) but the rework was on cissnei and both banners had his ld quit yer bitchin
>>
Yshtola is a bargain bin garbage character, I seriously hope no one here fell for the fud. As a metafag I'm disappointed but luckily held onto my rolls anyway.
>>
>>862159
Rinoa is a favorite for me, so I will be using her when she happens. I don't know if i"ll get Tifa. I like her, but my favorite costume is the AC one and I'm never going to pay money in a gacha game

I'm probably not getting Tidus. I hate him in FFX and I hate his jap voice too in OO
>SHI DAA~
>LEADYY~ GAUUU~
I can only hear this so many times, and that threshold has long since past
>>
>>862199
I'm considering Tifa's costume personally, at this point I've gotten thousands of hours from this game and can justify some money being paid for it imo.
>>
>>861955
She'll probably get an FR and rework soon but that will be a year out for GL.
>>
are those 45k gems a one time thing?
>>
>>862420
Seems so. I just started a few days ago and might well miss them....
>>
>>862420
>>862671
If you're talking about the DE:T gems, they are not a one time thing. Apparently they do this every 3 DE:Ts, so some anon in the ffg thread told me next one was in December, but it's a catch up mechanic type thing. You only get the gems if you've never gotten them before, and the people who have gotten them before get nothing. They are one time acquirable gems that get reran every 3 DE:Ts
>>
>>862889
So missing them until December? That's sucks
>>
sometimes in co-op I see someone use their burst finisher immediately, but whenever I try I have to take all the free turns and feel really bad for everyone in the room
>>
>>863268
Never press the full BT anon. Please don't ever do that. Not only does it take a million turns, but if you kill the enemy before the burst finishes, you still have to wait until you get to the end. It's a colossal waste of time for all parties involved. Press any button at all other than the full burst

You need to fully upgrade and then Realize a BT in order to make it BT+, at which point you get the BT finisher as its own individual ability to be used outside of the BT phase
>>
>>863268
If you use a book on your BT and then use three ingots to max it out, it'll turn green and start flashing and glowing. At that point you get an extra ability which lets you just use the BT finisher. That's how players in co-op are using just the finisher.
>>
So is the buying Multitickets with gems the answer to the gems cap complaints?
>>
>>863318
Yes, the cap is still there, but you can spend all your gems in those multitickets now.
>>
>>863318
Right. Seems like a reasonable workaround; the whales and F2Ps can equally 'invest' their gems into multi-tickets when they get near the cap and get the same value out of said gems they would otherwise, and since we're not paying real money for the multi-ticket itself, the game gets around the regulation that prevents people from storing real money currency on a given account, and thus can keep operating.
It's weird they have to go the extra step but whatever keeps the game going is fine with me.
>>
We're getting a GL exclusive Boss Rush, pretty cool that they're not just scrapping the event entirely, it was one of the better ones.
>>
>>863364
>and get the same value out of said gems they would otherwise
They don't, there's no 5* or up guarantee
>>863364
>the game gets around the regulation
There's no regulation.
I don't spend money on this game but it's good people do to keep it alive, there's no good reason for the cap other than to jew people harder with forced inefficiency.
>>
>>863597
>They don't, there's no 5* or up guarantee
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1492027303?t=0h7m22s
Are you trying to be contrarian just to be contrarian, are you talking out of your ass, or are you just retarded?

I also see no value in spending money on a gacha. Even if I enjoy the game, it would be supporting a genre of game and a system that I fundamentally disagree with, so the gem cap has no bearing on the way I do or do not play OO. There is absolutely no reason to have a gem cap, but I'm inclined to believe the other anon (especially inclined to believe them over you, who has already proven himself to be unknowledgeable) that there is some arbitrary regulation in some country which prevents people from storing real life money in an online game. This ticket solution is much stupider than altering the system so that it uses paid gems first, but it is exactly the same as a multi pull, same +1, same rates, same G tokens, the same everything as using actual gems. Though not ideal, It is a serviceable solution
>>
>>863597
>They don't, there's no 5* or up guarantee
You're dumb. Spending a multi-draw ticket is exactly the same as spending 5k gems. You get 20 G-tokens, you get the guaranteed 5* weapon, and you get the same boosted rates on the 11th draw.

I don't think the gem cap was necessary in the first place, but apparently SQEX did. This is maybe not the best or easiest solution, but it's definitely a serviceable one.
>>
>>863600
>Are you trying to be contrarian just to be contrarian, are you talking out of your ass, or are you just retarded?
No it was an honest mistake, a better question is why are you sperging out? Probably because you got caught out making shit up about imaginary regulations.
>>863600
>I also see no value in spending money on a gacha
It is very simple, if no one did you wouldn't have a game to play! Again personally not a spendie myself, but I still think forced efficiency jewery (which you've now kindly corrected me on the fix they're implementing) is bad in any game. They also STILL lose value as currency is not JUST for rolling.
>>
>>863607
Addressed above.
>>
>>863600
>This ticket solution is much stupider than altering the system so that it uses paid gems first
That would not be ideal and I think the tickets are a better solution. I've seen screenshots from people sitting on 600k or 800k paid gems. Even if paid gems were used first they'd still have to burn through 300k-500k paid gems before they could purchase stuff. With this system they can immediately spend all of their currency on multi-draw tickets and will be able to keep buying Mog Passes and such without having to pity a month's worth of banners.
>>
>>863611
>a better question is why are you sperging out? Probably because you got caught out making shit up about imaginary regulations.
Oh it's another episode of "every post I disagree with is the same guy". Maybe you should try to look up the stuff you're talking about before condemning it for no reason, it would probably lead you to a happier life as well. It benefits no one, least of all yourself, to have a kneejerk reaction of disgust to everything before you've even learned what it is

>>863614
I did not think of this angle, probably because it doesn't effect me. I guess in my head I was imagining it being retroactive, but your illustration proves that it does nothing for the big spenders or just the long time players. Seems they really thought about the solution
>>
>>863622
>Oh it's another episode of "every post I disagree with is the same guy". Maybe you should try to look up the stuff you're talking about before condemning it for no reason, it would probably lead you to a happier life as well. It benefits no one, least of all yourself, to have a kneejerk reaction of disgust to everything before you've even learned what it is
In my very post you quote, I admit you're correct about one point, yet you keep sperging out because you were wrong on other points. Good job.
>>
>>863624
>yet you keep sperging out because you were wrong on other points. Good job.
Just take your L, man
>>
>>863626
>I'm wrong but I declare I won!
Nice try champ.
>>
>>863611
>It is very simple, if no one did you wouldn't have a game to play!
this is pretty important for gacha games, dffoo is generous but they still need to turn a profit, the other anon might be new to the whole genre
>>
New thread?
>>
>>863631
>the other anon might be new to the whole genre
I don't know how you read my post and got out of that "I think that no one should spend money on gacha games". I understand that people do and I understand the reasons that people would do it, and I have even entertained the idea of buying costumes in DFFOO, but it personally goes against my morals and DFFOO is a generous enough game that I see no value in spending money on it (personally)

The fact that I would need to add "personally" to a sentence in order for it to be understood correctly is some asinine bullshit. I didn't address that line in my response to him because it was literally too stupid to warrant a response, but now that (supposedly) two different anons think there is something wrong with my wording, I must address it

I am glad whales exist. I am glad dolphins exist. Of course I understand that a games-as-a-service game requires people to buy its service in order to stay... in service. How are you both so retarded that you are 1) unable to assume that this is baseline knowledge, and 2) unable to interpret the meaning of a sentence

If my use of "also" is the thing in question, I was meaning that I was in the same camp as the guy I was responding to in that I do not personally spend money on gacha. Christ you guys are stupid
>>
>>863639
wtf lmao
>>
>>863270
>>863290
thanks guy I still feel really, really bad after doing it once :(
is book rare?
>>
>>863649
I'm going to assume you just started out and have the free book + ingots. IMO don't spend it until you've played the game for a bit and have start dipping your feet into content where you earn pages to get more books. You'll quickly see how valuable it is then. It's definitely not worth spending just to do the finisher in co-op.
>>
wtf are you even arguing about
just have sex and open a new thread
>>
>>863707
ty bro I'll wait and see
>>863709
/vmg/ slow man it's not needed yet
>>
what should I get with these? i got them from a chocoboard
>>
>>863724
Either a favourite you missed that won't come back soon, or a utility LD for the LDCA like Lillisette or Kurasame.
>>
>>863776
thanks gonna do some research
do you put any trust in the nip rankings on altema? was thinking I could plan ahead
>>
>>863783
I'm a different anon, but the only way to get another one of those is to cough up $80 USD, so I would say don't use it until you are able to appropriately gauge that for yourself
>>
>>863783
My friend does, I don't. I prioritize favourites myself but I'm also a whale who has every LD except 6. As for planning ahead, LDs are rapidly losing priority as the FR era approaches, so the third option for you to consider is to save the tokens until you have all but 1 of the LDs in that shop, and then token it.
4th option is to token the LD of a character that you have all other weapons for (BT, FR, EX) just to save tickets/gems.
>>
>>863724
Like the book and ingots you should wait until you know the real value of being able to pick any LD you want.
It's also expensive like >>863785 says, if you go to the in-game shop you can probably still see the newbie pack at the top that has another 10 tokens.
>>
>multiple co-op runs in a row with trolls milling turns
>that one run after where everyone spams kekfa and emperor sticker/voice lines and no turn hogging
faith restored
>>
>>863707
Books are sort of rare but not overly. You can get 2 each month. Plus those books are permanent. I think there's something like 16 books currently available in permanent content. Don't be too afraid to use them, but also don't feel pressured to max out a weapon just to use the finisher in co-op either. Max out favorites or meta characters you plan to use and don't sweat the co-op mode. It's pretty easy these days.
>>
>>863783
Nip rankings on altema are pretty accurate, but keep in mind that they're 8 months ahead of us. So right now they have Celes and Rydia ranked at 98. But that's with their Force weapons (and Celes' BT weapon). Celes is getting a rerun on Prishe's banner, and she'll be good but not top-character good. So it's important to keep that in mind when looking at Altema.

Personally I'd recommend holding off on your LD tokens until you decide to go for someone's kit and pull everything but their LD. That way you can spend your tokens and stop there.
>>
What character(s) should I put up as support? Just asking for future reference since I don't have that many characters built right now.
>>
>>864382
Whatever you do, don't put turn hoggers (as in, DPS characters that take a lot of consecutive turns) like Lightning, Tidus, Vayne, Alisae and so on. Your friend can only use your character for 5 turns max and they'll run out before they do anything meaningful.

Best characters for friend units are
>BT+ Supports (Like Ramza and Garnet)
>Big dick damage dealers that can do a lot of damage in a single turn
>Strong debuffers (Fran, Selphie)
>Off turn attackers (Freya, Cissnei, Kain)
Or any BT+ character in general
>>
>>864382
I usually put up "the" banner character for the lufenia if I pulled for them. For example, Cissnei for this past Safer Sephiroth fight, because a friend unit Cissnei is enough to beat the lufenia for anyone who didn't pull for her
>>
Finally done with this abomination. Leila is the MVP in this one i tell you, the fucking MVP
>>
>>863626
>take your L
He do be no cap takin a bussin massive L frfr sheeeeeeeeeeeeees
>>
>>864382
Similar to what >>864391 said, pick whoever you have currently that has the highest strength that isn't also a turn-hogger. For example, I put Tifa as mine since she's using the Ultima Fist I have, and even though she's got a couple months until her BT+ and FR come out, she still does absurd damage quite quickly. If you got him, Cloud's a surprisingly useful friend unit too, since he, like Tifa, has a strong on-turn burst window, especially versus targets one can launch.
A lot of people have Garnet up these days because her BT+ and off-turn damage by consequence are busted, but when the FRs come out that'll probably change to Kain.
In either case, good luck getting your roster built up. It can feel a bit slow at first but it gets better as your team gets more filled out.
>>
>Garnet, Machina, Cissnei
>Rydia and WoL calls
That was pretty easy, but I can't figure out a way to beat this without Cissnei and WoL's shields. This fight feels like the peak of "draw for new character or fucking die". At least there aren't any important missable rewards.
>>
>>864504
I hate this, stop doing this
>>
Is DET9 the last one? What's after that in JP?
>>
>>865360
DET10
>>
>>863629
based fr fr
>>
>>865360
JP is on Tier 12 by now. For reference, the Chaos level DE went up to Tier 13, iirc (Was originally supposed to end on Tier 7 or something but they kept going)
>>
>>865514
There were 20 Entropy stages.
>>
>>865575
Right, my mistake, it was 20, and it was supposed to end at 17.
>>
make the thread you fucks, you're one post away from getting bumped of the catalog
>>
nah
>>
>>866038
Ok, geez

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.