[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vmg/ - Video Games/Mobile

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 29 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Any Auronchads get his LD?
>>
File: 1637603707911.png (357 KB, 399x399)
357 KB
357 KB PNG
Here's the only worthwhile pulls for the next seven months bro.
>>
>>660746
i want all of them + Yda, Vanille and Ursula
>>
>>660746
>no Ramza BT
>no Laguna BT
>no Snow BT
>no Lyud
ngmi
>>
>>660619
Honestly that's the coolest FR animation we've seen. The other characters have mostly just both using typical attacks at the same time. In this one they have Ceodore tossing Tidus the holy ball. I hope they do more cool animations like this going forward.
>>
File: Laughing Decepticons.gif (564 KB, 400x308)
564 KB
564 KB GIF
>>660736
He's definitely given me plenty of positive returns already, since I have both Cor and Bea built up and watching the enemies basically just get brutalized every time they even think about taking a turn is hilarious.
I also just managed to pick up Maria's kit in less than 120 tickets, and her LD's two-part gravity trap into five-hit HP attack should lead to a whole new world of ways to ruin everything. Not to mention the fiasco that is Garnet's LD.
I love all this new off-turn/triggered damage. If I had Ace, the game would be entirely over. I'll have to settle for Trey for the time being.
>>
>>660746
Lenna's pretty good at release but Eiko is better. And right now in JP with both Lenna and Eiko at c90, Eiko is absolutely the better unit. So I'd say Eiko is more worthwhile than Lenna is. The other 3 are great though for sure.
>>
>>660759
Llyud is kinda in a weird situation where he's too good for the content when he comes out but powercrept when the new meta drops.
Snow/Laguna kinda in the same situation coming out way too close to the new meta at a point where most people will be hoarding like Smaug but I can say at least I saw a couple of Snow runs on SHINRYU, Laguna too but mostly as a call.
Ramza is the only one I would 100% give you but that's a rerun. I pity the fool who didn't get him at launch
>>
File: turn fail.png (1.85 MB, 1600x900)
1.85 MB
1.85 MB PNG
dude, really? i fucking hate turn requirements at times...
>>
>>660846
I thought Reaper's Gale was a free turn
>>
>>660883
It is, but it sadly failed to kill the boss
>>
Man, the HP damage from the Kadaj Lufenia is pretty crazy.
Not sure how I'm going to clear it without Porom's HP damage down aura.
>>
File: auron.png (1.84 MB, 1600x900)
1.84 MB
1.84 MB PNG
managed to kill that damn boss! guess being a
>>
>>661927
*a cheesy bastard works
>>
don't think I gave the boss a turn. cheesy run
>>
where the fuck is Vanille
>>
>>662831
>rolling for Vanille now when she'll eventually be in a banner with fucking Leila
>>
Anyone with an Ace with BT+ want to add me?
>>
>>663226
Check your friend backlog bro.
>>
>>663503
Much appreciated. Gonna have to BT+ my Ace as soon as i get enough bars.
>>
>>663226
I don't have Ace BT+ up but I followed you anyway. Follow me back or delete me, whichever.
>>
>>663672
Who do you have up? I already finished the thing i wanted but il add you.
>>
Shiva Lufenia+: Auron (Ignis) Cor (Nine) Shelke (Caius) Odin Lann & Reynn BT+

Auron has an issue here where if he counters a Shiva when an orb is about to go off, it will break him before he gets his refund from the counter. So after the enchant wears off, Cor switches to him for most of the rest of the fight. Around this point Cor's damage is hit or miss because of the aftersnow and Shelke manages things without him anyway. I can't remember when I summoned but it was pretty early when Auron needed time to regain health. Most attempts I had problems timing their phase changes but this time went beautifully. There were points in time where I let Shelke coast on no skills for a while before reloading and she had one LD use left. Caius calls were used when they had no unframed debuffs below 49% and 29%.

Below 29% I get the shield mostly down until I get a good turn string with Cor right after Auron and no threatening orbs. Auron heals everyone and swaps for Twins who BT and then Cor protects them. Auron's debuff still neuters the damage. Reflorescent spam kills the last 3% Shiva.

One scary moment when I used Nine's LD call at very low health, right before 3 Shiva turns including a recast and the call failed due to debuffs, but somehow nobody died. Scare #3 when a Shiva crit Shelke down for multiple 9999s because her shield was debuff locked and I didn't realize. However her overhead prevented the break.
>>
File: Gab BT.jpg (144 KB, 1334x750)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
>BUY MY SWORD is getting a BT and FR in JP
>>
>>666043
Should be cool. But after Krile and Tidus I don't even have enough powerstones to max out another FR even if I got one. And Ursula is getting hers soon and I want it. Kind of sad that maxing out FR's is so expensive I can't even get hyped about getting one anymore.
>>
three hundred & some tickets and 7 Aerith LDs later we got it
>>
>>666109
Congrats!
>>
>>666068
>And Ursula is getting hers soon
>Want to get Ursula next month
>Queen are Cater are both on the FR banners I have the least amount of dupes on
All of the FR banners are so awful due to character saturation. In a way I guess that solves the powerstone requirement. I think I'm going to ignore the first two waves like I did the early CQ LD era.
>>
>>666109
>full pity Jecht BT
>pull 7 Aeris LD dupes
>no Shadow LD
>220 tickets later get his LD
this isn't even my worst banner
>>
The struggle at 1:27:00 to get the HP req
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjnDf6wF1_4
>>
File: oh.jpg (136 KB, 1080x826)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
Is it just me or was farming Shiva much easier than the previous summons? I used only Seymour, Jecht and Ardyn just with the latter two's LDs and without any BT, and still could beat her in less than 2 minutes with Auto+.
Tragically, i spent all tickets and gems in trying to get Jecht's BT. Unsuccessfully
>>
hornless can manage the orb
>>
>>666308
That was funny.
>>
>>666308
>1 hour long SHINRYU quest
Jesus.
>>
>>666311
Jechts LD handles the fight completely on its own.
>>
Speaking of selphie I'm a vet and deciding when to pull for selphie. Should I pull on her Friday or wait for the rework banner that may or may not happen?
>>
>>666857
fuck selfie, im pulling for Caius chad
>>
>>666875
>selfie
Who's that I don't know she has a banner with Caius is that a new global exclusive looks like Rikku bros stay fucked
>>
>>666857
rework cause she comes with the ribbon girl and she'll be meta too
>>
>>666857
She's VERY good.
>>
https://twitter.com/DFF_OperaOmnia/status/1465500835140423684

>Gau mimicking Gabranth and even using Fulminating Darkness
SO CUTE
>>
>>667197
That is a really cute FR. I'm glad that they're improving the animations. The first couple were kind of boring.
>>
>>667237
the Seifer Kumnuts one was trash, it was just the same LD attack
>>
So do you think Global will keep this event pace up?
>"second half of December" BT (Caius) starts on December 3rd
>which pushes the "first half of January" BT (Jegran) to the ~17th
>which pushes the "second half of January" BT (Machina) to the ~31st
>>
>>668249
yes
global 1st burst on anniversary
or they just know this meta sucked and brought them no money on jap and they don't want to stretch it, so they'll speed us through it
>>
>>668293
I was looking on Altema and apparently Kam'lanaut is rated at 100. Tidus is 99 and Gabranth is 97. What makes Kam'lanaut better than other BT+ characters with an FR weapon?
>>
finally
>>
>having to start and give up a battle dozens of time to get that one single friend on your list to show up for use
I really fucking hate it when devs do this shit, just let me pick whatever friend i want. Or atleast make Favorited friends show up at the top at all times.
>>
>Selphie LD in two 10rolls
Nice.
>Got Golbez' LD in the free 10roll
>Get his BT TWICE using tickets for his EX
No fucking way.
>>
I wonder if you can meme it up with Bahamut summon and Caius' BT effect, I'm going to try that on this event
>>
another fucking BT pity, I guess I at least got 2 selphie LDs
>>
Fuck this garbage DE. Keep getting blocked on the first wave of the 3rd stage if I don't bring Caius to handle the orb, but he doesn't contribute enough during the second wave. If I try and use Caius/Faris/Yuffie as Calls to handle the orb, the bosses buff/debuff bar gets clogged with debuffs and I end up not being able to put enough on them to push the orb back up more than 2 or 3 times.
>>
Anons, after playing for almost 7 months, i finally capped those burst tokens for the first time. Other than regretting claiming those tokens from transcendence sooner, i'm humbly asking for your input regarding which BT to pick.
Here's my list in mind :
>Garland
>Exdeath (no EX)
>Cloud
>Kuja
>Caius
>Ramza (no LD)

I'm currently sitting at 7 EX power tokens so maybe i could exchange it for Exdeath in 1 month or so. As for Ramza, i know i'm not gonna using him now since his rework will come approximately in april, but i just got this feeling to just want secure his BT lol. Anyway, thanks in advance
>>
>>671303
the fuck kinda shit is that list? are they all favourites?
>>
>>671310
No, save for Exdeath and Ramza those are the only fully build units i got. So it would be wise to just wait for Machina then?
>>
>>671303
If you had Ramza's LD that'd be the easy choice. But you're going to have to pull for the LD and it'd be pretty silly if you got his BT after pitying it.
>>
T6 done. Also gonna post the clears I found on youtube later
>>
File: T6.png (62 KB, 1234x545)
62 KB
62 KB PNG
>>671775
JP clears: Pic related
GL clears:https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=transcendence+6&sp=CAISAhAB
>>
>>671791
anon do you have the list for the next ones, you've posted them before
>>
File: T7-8.png (176 KB, 2560x886)
176 KB
176 KB PNG
>>672016
Here.
Haven't worked on T9 though. Maybe when T10 is out.
>>
>>672160
>Right
Calls
>Middle
Calls

But seriously. Raines special HP+ he gets after using LD is a launch and instant turn so he can carry two consecutive launches by himself on right. All you need to do is time it exactly as you run out of Aphmau's LD buff (won't work if it's on) and let a call claim the third launch.
As for middle... I am gonna be honest with you I dunno who else upticks this orb as a call other than Caius, Faris or Amidatelion LD but since I had all 3 I just went with them. Used one Caius on wave 1 and saved Faris for wave 2. If you don't have those maybe check Yuffie or Laguna.
>>
man i am really not feeling caius at all...
>>
>just want to grind in peace
>loading screen taking 9 hours
what the hell, its not even a content drop night.
>>
File: 1610896566115.jpg (343 KB, 1485x907)
343 KB
343 KB JPG
And done. That was pretty fun. Using Shelke against the flowers was the most fun I've had in this game.
>>
File: i done it.png (1.25 MB, 1274x744)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB PNG
2nd wave of middle was a fight of patience to say the least
>>
>>672231
I got his LD and he seems okay though I haven't used him extensively. The auto-break after every enemy turn seems like it can be pretty useful and his damage is good enough.
>>
>>672307
Did you use the cheese strat?
I already did it legit but apparently there's this interaction between Exdeath, Shelke (or Relm) and Auron (or some other counter tank?) that allows wave two to be zero turned.
>>
>>672848
Yeah. So the last wave basically Shelke would take a turn, and then the bosses would turn jump, and then Shelke would get a turn after that and then the bosses would turn jump. Auron and Exdeath never got a turn for the rest of the second wave. Auron would counter every time they attacked and Exdeath's BT ticked every action. The bosses were healing 180k every time they got to go, but Exdeath's BT basically negated that. It worked really well. The first wave was extremely tight though since the only way I could push the orb up was Faris' Call.
>>
Wait, we're not getting Lenna this month?
>>
>>673313
It's expected for the Winter Campaign in 4 days. One of the bosses they showed off was a Malboro and that would suggest Lenna. Hopefully we get Vanille, Lenna and also the Start Dash renewal with Lightning's rework.
>>
>>673352
So it's straight up after Kain? Man talk about tight schedule
>>
>>673354
Yeah. They're speeding up. They might want to burn through the C90 era and get to the FR era faster since they know people will be skipping banners left and right. Like Kain is cool, but I'm just going to skip his upcoming LD banner and instead go all in on for his LD, FR and BT when that banner gets here. Probably going to do the same thing with Sherlotta. The C90 era is easy enough that you can skip a lot of banners and still clear things.
>>
>>673358
Finally GL can almost catch up to JP, but yeah those C90 reworks looks dope asf. The boost are AA abilities and EX extensions, right?
>>
>>673370
Yeah. Also a lot of characters get reworks to their S1 and S2 at the same time they get their AA and EX rework. We also get Ultima weapons which can let your characters stomp even harder.
>>
is it even worth rolling for machina at this point? sure paine is nice too and his rework is good but at this rate we'll get locke by mid jan
>>
>>673420
Machina is really good, but we immediately get C90 with the next BT banner. And from that point on, pretty much every C90 BT character with the sole exception of Onion Knight is as good or better than Machina. Thing is, once C90 and Ultima weapons hit the game starts becoming extremely easy, especially if you grab characters like Eiko or Zack who basically let you just ignore all of the fight mechanics. Machina is more than strong enough to stay relevant up until the FR era, but then so is pretty much anyone else. So if you like Machina, no reason not to pull for him. But if you're only looking to pull for meta characters, you don't really need to because the meta from C90 until FR is pretty much, "Use whatever C90 characters you like."
>>
made it this far with a base BT Bartz, thought about greening him but that wouldn't fix the debuff issue. + it's pretty late and I think I might've missed the Bartz train
>>
>>673995
Yeah bro just save your bt book and ingots for Ramza later
>>
File: 1637407473742.gif (233 KB, 452x254)
233 KB
233 KB GIF
>>674060
I need to get another BT book, I accidentally a Vayne BT+ and now I'm not prepared for Ramza's.
And I'm so fucking bad at Lufenia FML
>>
>>673372
>reworks to their S1 and S2 at the same time they get their AA and EX rework
Good, I'm not familiar with JP too much but hopefully this means the game mechanics will start leaning more into the mechanics that really work, e.g. follow-up/off-turn attacks, delay and launch abuse, etc. Giving players and enemies the Force meter or whatever it's called already sounds like a step in the right direction.
Tho saying that makes me nostalgic for the days when applying a couple buffs to the whole party was a major character feature.
>>
going to pull for Kain and hopefully he's enough to stomp these stupid flowers. I want my next attempt to be my last
>>
am I wrong to assume that DE:Ts after 6 will be a joke?
>>
>>674899
BRO CHILL! Ramza isn't for like 4 months you have enough time as long as you play some luf that give pages you can get a few books. Hell you can even wait for Ramza's banner and use gems to get a book. You will be fine
>>
>>675031 9
All content will be until Shinryu. Just enjoy your vacation.
I suppose there will be a slight bump at the very end of the era with shit like Safer Sephiroth or T9 but nothing major. T9 is mostly just long since they were easing us into the gigantic HP bump of the next era.
>>
Free pull and 150 tickets. No Kain but I got Barret's LD which was new for me so I guess that's okay.
>>
>>675143
Still better than nothing, congrats anon
>>
>Still no sign of Vanille
Man that aussie bitch is getting shat on...
>>
>>675159
I'm hoping we get a double banner with her and Lenna in a couple of days. It really sucks how they pushed Vanille back a month for no fucking reason. It's not like she was so meta breaking they needed to wait so long to release her.
>>
>>675160
Yeah the pushback of Vanille's LD is kinda bizarre.
>>
>>675160
RIP Vanille. I just checked. Lenna and Trey are synergy for Kain's event but not Vanille. I guess they're not releasing her LD.
>>
>>675160
They're pushing her back because GL exclusive Vanille BT
>>
>>675159
that's so fucking stupid. what was the purpose last time, rob us of Tifa synergy. retarded
>>
>>675229
I wish
>>
>>675229
I don't believe Vanille was ever a main character or an antagonist so I don't think she's in line for a BT. If they were going to do a GL early BT the most likely character would be Tifa. She's supposed to get her C90 along with Locke's banner, and with the way GL has been sped up, that banner should be dropping during the anniversary. Yuri could also potentially get a BT in time for the anniversary. Sherlotta possibly as well if they moved her way up, but I hear she's supposed to be getting a BT in JP soon so a GL first BT is likely off the table.
>>
>>675229
>>675283
If they did a global first BT, my bet would be Serah, since she's actually her game's protagonist and we got her LD board rework early too. We're in the BT+ era so a support BT should do well for itself.
>>
I hope they don't do a GL BT. It's hard to get excited about it when the only way you'd get it is if you drop 125k gems or 50 BT tokens. At least with new characters you can get their kit with 75k. Also traditionally new characters have remained good for a long time. Even with a BT+ Serah wouldn't have the type of staying power Beatrix, Aranea or Cor have had.
>>
What's the winterfest banner in 3 days. Lenna? hopefully she's on there
>>
>>675294
Yeah. Lenna and Trey are both synergy for Kain's IW so it's safe to say the banner will have both of them.
>>
>>666043
Based. Time to TAKE YOUR LAST BREATH.

Also, I should be going back into the game. Finally finished building Vaan, I'm almost done with Jecht (only missing the MLB LD) and then I can jump into building Best Bro.
>>
File: gay.png (1.71 MB, 1600x900)
1.71 MB
1.71 MB PNG
ahhh fuck off. So goddamned close! This Lufenia is getting on my nerves...
>>
File: pity.png (1.15 MB, 1600x900)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB PNG
>>676176
And I guess the game feels pity for me...?
>>
>>676176
Fuck yes managed to do it lads!
>>
>>676261
Hell yeah! Congrats anon. Especially awesome job using Kefka. I wouldn't have even considered him. Did you end up using his BT or did you use Bartz's twice?
>>
>>676271
I never used Kefka's BT. I only used Bartz BT (BT phase when they are near orb activation and BT attack when BT effect is low)
>>
>>676261
Based. I don't have team ready to kick the centipede bros... Maybe I could try to, or go back and finish up the Lost Chapters and get the Lufenia Armors before starting on thinking on tackling Lufenia+.
>>
should I switch my friend CoD to my decked out Kain?
>>
>>676454
Absolutely, especially for this current Lufenia+. I ended up struggling with it because nobody had Kain up.
>>
>>676460
Yeah, where did all the Kain players go?
>>
>>676484
Haven't rolled his LD and EX. Will try to put more tickets on his banner.
>>
>>676567
Got his LD and his EX. Time for simply build the guy and try to kick the Centipede Bros.
>>
>>676775
Congrats anon, he's pretty fun to play. Since he can join chase sequences while up in the air, try bringing Selphie with him
>>
>>676782
All right. Gotta see what I can work with. At least I'm almost done building up the characters I like that I rolled a BT for. With Jecht out of the list, next up Golbez and Kefka. After that, I will start tackling the other characters I like that have up to LD and EX. Also, what's the deal with the Ultima Weapons? Will those replace BT+ when they roll out?
>>
>>676818
Yeah, Ultima weapons have the same raw stats as BT weapons but they also increase all brave and hp damage by 10/20/30 percent depending on how high you level it up.
>>
>>676818
I can't say for sure since i'm also a GL player, but i've been keeping up with what's going on in JP side with some youtube videos.

Anyway, yes it would seems so those Ultima Weapons would be a big overhaul and you need to be at crystal level 90 to equip them. They came in different weapon types, like dagger, greatsword, others(weapon types like Noel, Selphie, the Twins, etc.), so if you got the Ultima greatsword, anyone with a greatsword weapon can equip the Ultima.
Good thing is, those are not gacha weapon so you can farm them. But the bad thing is, iirc the resources are so very limited you need to plan on picking which weapon type would be the most usable with your current roster. Some says the dagger is a safe choice since there are plenty of dagger characters, or sword, and some says it staff but idk, it depends on your current and future roster, really.

As for it would replace BT+ or not, i think BT characters can equip Ultima with their burst skill still intact but i don't think we should sell those BT+ weapons yet.
>>
Imagine my shock when I found out that they become magic resistant halfway through the fight.
Luckily, Shadow + Kain is pretty busted so it didn't matter
>>
>>676857
You can't sell Burst weapons once they've been booked, so that's not an issue.
>>
>>676872
Oh you're right lol my bad, guess i never tried to sell a booked BT before so i didn't figure it out.
>>
>>676842
>>676857
Wait a second now, you get to equip one of those, right? In that case, the teams would simply devolve into 2 characters with BT, or BT+, and a powerhouse with the Ultima. Which is fair to be honest.

>>676870
Holy smokes. Centipede bros sound cancerous.
>>
>>676889
Can relate, i swapped with Cid friend when the bosses were at 51% and i regretted it
>>
>>676889
I saw some video with Edgar having Ultima and he's wreaking havoc. Not sure if it's because of his c90 rework or him equipping Ultima or both, but i tell ya it felt really good to watch
>>
>>676891
I guess I could go with Kain, Jecht/Sephiroth and Butz. Not sure who I could run from friend support.
>>
File: Lenna.png (1.67 MB, 799x1700)
1.67 MB
1.67 MB PNG
Lenna Infographic
>>
>>677437
Nice art this time, glad they found some from pixiv
>>
>>677437
Brv dmg 50% and hp dmg 30%? Isn't that just nowadays BT effects? I mean isn't she just GOOD?
>>
>>677570
Same art as her last graphic
>>
I haven't cleared any lufenia+ lately, because of my utterly bad luck in pulling from recent banners. So I have to resort to use this team just to catch up. Will this team comp can still carry me through upcoming content?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.