[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vmg/ - Video Games/Mobile

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 35 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: maxresdefault.jpg (183 KB, 1280x720)
183 KB
183 KB JPG
KARTS. IN. SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE

Space Tour is live
>>
>>650204
I'd never pull for a mario alt in a 100/6 pipe, you know he'll be in a oops all marios pipe later.
>>
>Pgp and the kamek set is once again on ranked for both weeks
Based, also I'm glad the astronaut set is average and the pink gold asteroid glider is a paid one because then the special pipe will not be that good, that new ribbon glider has giant mushroom so it's ass. Saving tour.
>>
File: 1637130702361.jpg (97 KB, 512x218)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>650224
Only the snow crystals might be worth pulling because it has been paid but pretty mediocre
>>
>>650231
Polka-Dot Manta is solid, but the balloons and parasol are hot garbage.
>>
Got the new kart in the first free pull, never been so lucky.
>>
>>650231
I hope the ribbon is a spotlight, I need that thing.
>>
I don't normally care for Mario alts but I have to pull for this one, absolutely love the design.
>>
>>650224
They've been giving me a lot of reasons to keep leveling up the Kamek set, I have them both at level 3 right now.
>>
>>650824
It's totally worth it, especially the dream glider. lighting/bullet bill gliders work the best with a coinbox driver and being top shelf on a long track like RR makes them even better. I finally triple uncapped mine.
>>
>>650916
>lighting/bullet bill gliders work the best with a coinbox driver
Forgive my ignorance, but why is this the case? This makes no sense to me. Wouldn't a coin glider be the best option?
>>
>>651174
Lighting and bullet bill (as well as blooper and mega mushroom) don't trigger when you're in the first place, therefore you get more chances for coinbox.
>>
>>651174
A coin glider giving you more chances of getting coin gets in the way of getting a coinbox, also you don't earn the additional bonus from coins that come out of boxes, for some reason the game detects them as a different item. It's significantly harder to get coinbox frenzies and individual boxes if you use a coin glider. If you watch the videos of the top tier players like zephiel810 or Carlos85, who have full coverage, you can see that they use lighting, bullet bill and giant mushroom gliders for those drivers because those items don't get in the way of getting boxes when you're first place.
>>
Shoutouts to the motherfuckers that play 200cc 1 item online races with coin box drivers.
>>
>>651181
>>651187
Ok, yeah, I get it now. The fact that the coins you get from coin boxes don't get the boost is really, really dumb.
>>
Is it known whats coming next week? Astro Mario is cool but I dont know if I want to spend my rocks trying for him.
>>
>>652223
won't know until end of next week. a lot of people are saving up for santa bowser or the next coinbox. i want to pull for the kart and mario alt too but i'll wait and see how lucky or unlucky i am on the upcoming glider pipe.
>>
>>652223
oh you meant the pipes. its a rosalina pipe, look at the datamine twitter or mkt reddit. i misread thought you meant next tour.
>>
>>652231
Oh thanks! Yep thats what I meant.
>>
File: 1637258485022.jpg (112 KB, 512x218)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
>>652223
>>650231This special pipe is coming next sunday and then next wednesday is sọyalina time.
>>
>buffed again
You DO have the best Gold vehicle in the game, dont'cha /vmg/?
>>
File: 1637276403808.png (779 KB, 696x1281)
779 KB
779 KB PNG
>>652401
The only bad thing is his small hitbox
>>
>>652598
an extremely smoll lad
>>
File: images.jpg (35 KB, 468x655)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
have they introduced bikes yet?
>>
>>651187
>you can see that they use lighting, bullet bill and giant mushroom gliders for those drivers because those items don't get in the way of getting boxes when you're first place.
Those gliders actually have more coverage and are much better for ACR scores. For Karts and Gliders you'll want to go for coverage so even if you have a great coin glider it's better to just sit with a better coverage one
>>
>>653249
Also glider has no impact whatsoever on frenzies. Frenzies operate based on your rank in the race solely but your glider affects what you pull if it not a frenzy so your chance of a getting say a Bullet Bill in first is still basically zero but in 6-8th it's better by a bit.
>>
>>652268
God this tour is a fucking flop lmao
>>
File: 1411945505794.gif (94 KB, 500x475)
94 KB
94 KB GIF
>>653216
Kamek was introduced with a bike but that's it I think.
>>
>>652401
It's one of the few I don't have yet.
>>
>>653714
Hopefully we get out of this dry period soon. Christmas and New Year's are both happening soon, and dataminers have also found updates to assets related to Vancouver.
>>
Three 10 pulls on the glider pipe, two polka dot mantas (new to me), a blizzard parasol, and the galaxy glider (new to everyone). Not bad.
>>
>>655303
This is about as good of a haul as you could have asked for from this.
>>
did one ten pull on the glider pipe, two dupes of a glider i already owned and the new glider. i'll take the hint and stop there i guess.
>>
Next pipe is the Rosalina one, right?
I only got into this game during the last tour so I'll probably do a couple ten pulls since I'm a princess stan and don't have any Rosalinas yet, unless that's for some reason a bad idea
>>
>>655598
fire rosalina is good iirc. the rest of the pipe is very mediocre to bad so if you get fire rosalina early on i'd just stop pulling there. unless you really need the coverage a lot of the stuff in the pipe won't be getting a ton of new buffs anytime soon.
>>
>>655598
If you're just starting Fire Rosalina is gonna give you a shit ton of coverage despite having a bad item for scoring, so I definitely recommend trying to get her.
>>
File: peach_motorcycle.png (1018 KB, 1024x768)
1018 KB
1018 KB PNG
>>653788
thats a pity
>>
>>655598
Fire Rosalina, the Zoom Broom, and the Rose items are very good for coverage. The odds are also going to be pretty good in terms of High-Ends. A couple of tens certainly wouldn't hurt if you're new and really like Rosalina.
>>
THE GOLD PIPES MASON
>>
>>656309
another useless poison apple
>>
>>656309
Cheep cheep masks, now at level 5
>>
>>656309
strawberry donut 5 1/3
>>
>>656309
fucking Peachette, it's now lvl3 and just as useless as ever.
>>
>>656309
Another 8-bit star glider.
>>
Signs you've been playing way too long?
>>
Standard challenges 3 never ever
>>
I've been getting too many 1st places lately. Something's wrong.
>>
NOOOOOOO ROSA BANNER AND I ROLLED ON THIS SHITTY SPACEMAN
>>
>>659160
do some research nerd, banners leak at the START of the tour
>>
>>659160
While having a new driver with lucky 7 is good, mario alts are never that good investment in the long run because a lot of the casual players get those and nintendo buffs rarer drivers instead. Before pulling you should have enough rubies to empty the pipe if necessary and lurk either these threads, the subreddit, discord or the twitter accounts that leak all the datamined stuff at the beginning of each tour so you take the best decision based on your coverage.
>>
Nice! Got the Zoom Broom from a fake green pipe-free pull.
>>
What would be better to use? Level 7 gold car or level 6 zoom broom?
>>
File: image0.jpg (275 KB, 548x341)
275 KB
275 KB JPG
>>659473
Zoom broom looks slightly better according to bonus-points table.
>>
>>659473
Bonus points/action: ((base points)*(Level-1)*(engine class))/30000
If you are at level 150:
Broom: ((490)*(6-1)*(150))/30000 = 12.25
Parawing: ((408)*(7-1)*(150))/30000 = 12.24
Broom gives you a slightly bigger bonus
>>
>>659615
>>659521
Thanks lads, that's useful to know for future tours too
>>
File: rosalina_halloween.jpg (120 KB, 1280x720)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
Coomerbros, i emptied the Rosalina pipe to finally get those shitty alts.
>>
>they just added Wiggler to Mario Golf Super Rush
maybe there's still hope.
>>
>>659895
#WiggerWednesday
>>
>>659895
should have been added in one of the first tours. such a no brainer.
>>
We should get a sneak peak tonight about next tour and then the trailer on friday, I really hope it's bowser santa time, even better if he comes in a pipe with others like the rosalina pipe we have right now.
>>
>>659943
To be fair, most of the items that Bowsanta would be paired with aren't all that good. His set would still be carrying the pipe, and I say that believing neither his kart or glider are essential a year later. Still worth the pull, but it won't be a steal of a pipe outside of rarity.
>>
>>659790
Did no one like these so they stopped doing them? Did VA Lakitu trespass on the Mario Mandate?
>>
>>660350
I miss this nigga like you wouldn't believe, but I guess not enough people were watching them to justify keeping a VA on tap.

You can tell they initially had far greater aspirations for voice acting in this game, Pauline/Peachette have far more voice clips than anyone who came after.
>>
>>660365
Pauline was kinda mandatory as she hadn't appeared in spin-offs before then, and her Odyssey clips probably didn't have enough oofs and ows.

You did forget King Bob-omb. They had to recreate the voice since they fucking lost the SM64 clips
>>
>>659895
>adding a character that should have been in the gacha to the golf game that's fucking dead

Nintendo is weird and not in the good way.
>>
>>653788
It is 4 wheels with them pushed so close it looks like a bike
>>
>>660763
Wiggler is only expected because it was in MK7. Those are far too huge and without hands to drive normally.
>>
File: 816.gif (168 KB, 375x375)
168 KB
168 KB GIF
45 Ruby'd the daily pipe
>>
>>659895
Bound to happen, they could probably port the model over directly from MK7
>>
>>660777
The fact that he's in MK7 at all proves they can bring him back. As >>661416 says JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING ELSE in the game is already from MK7 except Wario Galleon fuck you whoever is making this call yet they cant port Wiggler or Honey Queen?
>>
>>661709
I don't know if we have any proof of this but it feels like the game is built on top of Mario Kart 7 somehow, so much recycling is going on. Even a lot of the retro courses were in 7 first (Kalimari Desert, etc)
I'm surprised we haven't had literally every asset from 7 stripped out and drip-fed to us at this stage.
>>
I cant recall, has Black Birdo ever been in a Special Pipe or Premium/Gold Pass reward?
>>
>>661807
nope. only her initial pipe and the acp/regular pipe pool iirc.
>>
>>661807
Nah. She has been in a couple packs now, but only the most expensive ones.
>>
Another gold pipe with kamek apparently is coming
>>
I'm guessing daisy and bowser will be on different pipes because it would be too good, besides, it doesn't look like there's a new driver, probably a super recolored as ranked reward.
>>
This glider looks cool but it's must likely a paid banner
>>
Man, i want Kamek, but if he aint a spotlight i aint touchin that Special Pipe.
>>
File: 1354683619997SC.png (228 KB, 615x487)
228 KB
228 KB PNG
>>662494
I got Holidaisy two years ago.
>>
>>662497
>>662491
I don't see the classic gold egg, crane or any of the other usual gold stuff, it's probably a driver only pipe, must likely without spotlights to bait for kamek
>>
roadmap when?
>>
>>662494
>>662491
>Santa Bowser rerun AND Coin Box pipe

Yeah, there's likely something really good coming up soon.
>>
>>662499
She's been really useful lately. Went from never using her to her being used for the past couple of tours for ranked. Between her and kangaroo Yoshi, I've been able to stockpile a shitton of platinum character tickets because I haven't had to upgrade anyone lol
>>
>>662520
This, the coming tour is huge bait. I bet Santa Bowser and Holiday Daisy stop being that useful from here on out.
>>
>>662494
I'm really glad I'm dropping this shovelware for dead lmao
>>
>>662879
did you.. not expect a rerun of the holiday shit and track during the holidays or something? why are your expectations high at all for a low effort gacha? i play this because i enjoy it as a mindless timewaster.
>>
>>662890
A lot of people's are, surprisingly. As a long time player filler tours like this are great for picking up stuff you need and level up other stuff you're using.
This isn't even the actual Christmas tour, that'll be the one after this. And then we have New Year's.
>>
Santabowserlets, will you finally end it all when you manage to NOT get Santa Bowser?
>>
>>663089
as much as it pains me to admit it I don't really need Banta anymore, as I've built around his absence in the year that followed. Still I'll probably pull for him if he's not in some bullshit 100/6 pipe
>>
>>662890
I hope you enjoy Merry Mountain, because it's about to be in ranked for every week for at least a month.
>>
>>663243
He definitely is, week 1 will definitely be Manta and Banta and 2 will be Yoshi and Daisy based on the trailer.
>>
>>662852
Bowser is going to be a tough cookie to crack. He has tons of tracks without Coin Box overlap, and his huge hitbox makes him great for collecting Coins. I do expect the next Coin Box driver to potentially overlap him some, but he will likely remain a strong option for a long time to come.

Now will he be in ranked less often after his rerun? Yeah, I absolutely believe that, especially since that already happened during the middle of this year.
>>
>>663360
jesus christ santa mario is so goddamn trash if I pull this jackass trying to get Banta I'm gonna bust a blood vessel.
>>
>46 days left
>only have 1100 fantastic combos out 3500
this is one of the worst challenges desu, such a fucking grind
>>
>>665215
yeah its bad. i have around the same. was this challenge even a thing before or is this the first time?
>>
>>665215
It is pretty annoying, I'm a little worried because it was leaked that a future token event will be about combos, so what if you would gain tokens based on the number of fantastic combos you do per race?
>>
Some of my ACR placements came from most of the courses being done under 150cc/20cc ranked lol
>>
>>663244
Isn't that what Rosalina's Ice World usually is?
>>
>>665215
It really makes you go out of your way, it honestly should just count consecutive fantastic combos, not each time you reach fantastic.
>>
hope we get a decent special pipe else i'm probably not spending shit again this tour. not a bad thing, i just feel like i hardly ever need a reason to pull as a veteran. i guess thats the sign of a non greedy gacha though? surely if they were hurting for money they'd put out more no spotlight special b8 pipes with high tier alts. feels like a yuge paywall is coming soon. maybe after the holiday stuff.
>>
>>668254
Next two tours after the Holiday one should have good new characters in spotlights if previous christmas/new years are any indication. I'm saving for the next party pauline/santa bowser.
>>
>>668254
I think this special pipe of coinbox drivers
>>662491 will have good odds to make you pull, we might get another city tour with a meh driver in the middle of the holliday celebration and I predict this time we will get a peach pipe with 9 alts at the end of the year like the mario one we got last year.
>>
>>668374
i mean i am quite literally not missing a single worthwhile coinbox driver. unless this one has a new coinbox or golden alt driver i'm not bothering period. i might just be saving for a while i guess.
>>
>white yoshi as a holliday reward
Not bad but you need 20 3rd places or higher for multiplayer, so annoying. At least they didn't bring kart pro to make it even more complicated.
>>
File: 1547349868084.gif (1.86 MB, 320x256)
1.86 MB
1.86 MB GIF
Is the spike tour tracker legit? I need to know if Santa Bowser and Kamek are even worth going for. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_5xxyw91qI
>>
File: 1638341141838.png (144 KB, 512x218)
144 KB
144 KB PNG
I think both pipes are pretty good because you need gold boo for mountain R, gold bones for choco island and kamek just got vanilla lake 2R for next week and he's the best option there, bowser santa has 2 tracks on ranked ( 3 if you level him up to 6 for mountain R). The only non coinbox track is mountain R/T so if you want to have a chance you need them
>>
>>668872
i have all these drivers and santa bowser/reindeer yoshi. saving tour for me i guess. hopefully next tour brings something worth pulling.
>>
Roadmap was just released. Vancouver Velocity is finally getting another variant.

I can't believe it's looking likely that Toadette is getting ANOTHER alt with tons of paywalled coverage. Bet it's going to have Ice Flower as well.
>>
>>662511
ah there it is >>668958 finally
>>
File: DMW-Penguin.png (75 KB, 302x329)
75 KB
75 KB PNG
>>668958
>penguin tour
>brand new driver
It's his turn.
>>
>>668958
The new year's tout might finally bring a dk alt, also the return of snes junior seems likely too
>>
i always buy the cheap kart offers cause i am a good goy. i always fucking cave. goddammit.
>>
>>669147
Don’t get your hopes too high, last time they also teased a “new driver” and everyone was expecting Toadsworth but it was just a recolor of Toad boxes.
>>
Bowser's brother when?
>>
>>669393
Dry Bowser's been in since day 1 lmao
>>
>>669147
They really should do that, but nah, it'll just be a shitty recolor like light blue Yoshi or sumthin.
>>
>>669179
>dk alt
for me, i hope its Funky Kong (Party Time)
>>
File: confused-wth.gif (2.5 MB, 498x259)
2.5 MB
2.5 MB GIF
>Vanilla lake 2
>Literally just ported to MKT
>Nintendo advertises the new tour with a Merry Mountain variant
>mfw

I though this game was making some decent dough, what gives nintendo
>>
>>669939
It's there to buff paywalls. Nobody actually likes the track.
>>
>>670026
That's a lot of the tracks in general honestly
>>
File: 38.png (232 KB, 1135x501)
232 KB
232 KB PNG
kinda want to play this and decided to look at the karts. how hard are these to get?
>>
>>670685
A lot of these are easy as they pop up in the shop often. The others are hard 'cause they only show up on special pipes here and there like the penguin and frog ones.
And some only show up as paid banners, as in costing 20 or 40 dollars.
>>
>>670685
its a gacha so a lot of stuff is rotating and will come back at some point or might not ever. dark hop rod was a paid only kart and the rest of the bottom may or may not come back at some point in a pipe or banner. sunset cloud, blue turbo yoshi kart, blue soda, and bolt buggy are also not obtainable at the moment but could come back. rest are common and obtainable. i can't remember if the sunset cloud was ever in a pipe or if it was always paid only.
>>
>>670685
The two penguin karts are very likely to come back next tour for the penguin tour.
>>
>>670685
Don't pay attention to appearances, you have to use the kart that has benefits for the track so you will never have a 'main' one just for fun. Except maybe in multiplayer when you don't care about points.
>>
>>670685

For me, it’s the Silver Bullet.
>>
>>670685
First four are extremely easy to get. Rest vary, although the penguins are almost certainly coming back soon. Blue Soda comes back a lot as well. Blue Badwagon has come back sparingly. Jade Hop Rod has only returned once, Dark Hop Rod and Sunset Cloud are both paid only so far, and the rest have never come back.
>>
>3/50 odds on the Coin Box Pipe

Shit bait unless you have none of these. All of them are good, but they are beginning to overlap a lot with each other.
>>
made one 10 pull and got the three high ends so I'll leave it at that
>>
Seems like it's only worth pulling if you're completely new or if you don't mind throwing rubies to save high end tickets, usually a whale move so be careful if you decide to pull and not save for the end of the year instead.
>>
gold dry bones and gold king bobomb one after another
>>
All I wanted was gold hat koopa and got him, noice
>>
THE GOLD PIPES MASON
>>
>>674277
I've been chasing this baby forever
>>
>>674277
Fucking Metal Mario
>>
>>674277
Pink toe beans glider. Didn't have it, so that's nice.
>>
>>674277
Boring ass Cloud glider.
>>
>>674277
Green circuit now at level 3
>>
I'm grinding merry mountain R, you CAN get a giant banana frenzy on your first item box in 1st place, right? Just want to make sure.
>>
>>674629
yes
>>
>>674277

Choco macharon
>>
So this means it will be similar to anniversary pipes which had a slightly higher chance of getting non permanent high ends?
>>
File: FrenzyProbabilities5-2.jpg (554 KB, 534x923)
554 KB
554 KB JPG
Did you see this?
>>
>>677236
Footnote 5 is the biggest surprise to me.
>>
>>677248
It was known for quite some time at this point, you must've missed the memo. For me it's footnote 1, could've sworn I used to get back to back frenzies
>>
>>677254
back to back frenzies were never possible afaik.
>>
>>677172
Based on previous years, it won't be a higher chance. You just simply have a shot at getting these items among the regular pool, but they have the same odds as those items. In short, you COULD get these items if you're likely, but you sure as hell can't count on it with how many items are in the pipe now.
>>
>>677236
>lap 2 (or 3)
Is this for multiplayer? Never played a custom lobby, so I dunno if you can increase how many laps you have to complete.
>>
>>677285
It's would be more suitable to call them "segments", I guess. Check Rainbow Road R currently in Morton Cup for example, it has 3 segments.
>>
>>677277
Crossing fingers they apply this same thing they did at the anniversary

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.