[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vmg/ - Video Games/Mobile

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 78 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 20211116_202114.jpg (1.46 MB, 1920x1080)
1.46 MB
1.46 MB JPG
Comes out tomorrow are you gonna try it? I hope it fixed all the beta issues like warrior being an OP piece of shit or the game running like ass.
>>
>>649904
>jap jank
>battle royale
I'd rather curbstomp a nigglet or two.
>>
Behold! The FF battle royale experience!
>>
I tried the training round with the npcs, pretty nice mechanics, kind of hard to walk and shoot at the same time, I already see the pro players headshotting everyone while also strafing
>>
>>650348
>release the game for preloading while it's in maintenance for relase
>get all the negative review because the average google play store user doesn't understand the concept of preloading
>servers crash on actual release after like 2-3 days of maintenance
it's like they're trying to farm negative reviews
>>
I got 1 match in before it booted me out but it's an improvement over the beta the game doesn't run like ass on my phone anymore but holy shit is the aiming still a piece of shit they should hire the chink team in charge of CoDM they know how to make aiming really smooth
>>
>>650473
This kind of game doesn't live on reviews for visibility, it entirely coasts on being from square Enix
>>
>finally get into the menu
>go to try practice
>feature in manteinance
>go to try online match
>feature in manteinance
fuck you then
>>
It's garbage. Battle royale was never good.
>>
>>650473
>it's like they're trying to farm negative reviews
nah they already got that with FF15
>>
>try to melee attack someone
>go flying past the person
>camera stays still so now the person is off camera and need to do a 180
Who designed this?
>>
>>650759
I agree, it needs more rape, like the original battle royale.
>>
I just found the controller option.

Does this separate controller and touch users like COD Mobile (i hope so)? Could explain why I'm getting "dunked" on so hard.

Could just be a shitter to.
>>
anyone able to get this to install on emulator?
it doesn't show up when i search for it on the playstore using bluestacks.
>>
>>651317
God I hope so too because as a touch user I'd probably get obliterated by people using emulators and controllers
>>
What the hell is the identity of this game? Part brawler, part battle royale FPS, part flying magic leveling RPG, PVE+PVP, designated roles with random helicopter drops everyone gets that you fly manually, just so much. There is so much you have to digest, and it runs terribly with graphics that don't stand out, meaning visualizing enemies is tough because nearly everything is some teeny-tiny muddy tint of grey or brown that is obscured by choppy frames and an overload of texture details. Local server is giving me ~90 ping too, for whatever reason. I have no idea what to make of all of this, but I'm struggling to have a good time with the game as it is right now.
>>
>shooting and aiming is so janky people just give up and meele each other
god they learned nothing from the beta the last straw for me was when the game crashed during the final circle I threw a fire spell at the other guy then BAM back to home screen I'm going back to codm
>>
>have to wait 1 second for my scope to load before I can move it around
Anyone else have this issue?
>>
Why am I getting fucking bodied in this game. I havent won a single fight?
>>
File: First Soldier.jpg (89 KB, 640x960)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>>651867
Sword stronk! Guns are for plebs.
>>
The beta was a good amount of fun but its still playing a BR on your phone and I'm not a pajeet so I have no real interest in doing that.
>>
For a BR game I kinda like it. The fact you can go around on those cool bikes, fight bosses, level up each class makes it a lot cooler than any other mobile BR (or any BR fullstop). I wish this came out on PC desu, I hate playing on tiny screens for games like this.
>>
>>653047
I think it would have been a lot better as a PC BR too, but they want to target a wider audience, so it makes sense. Mostly, I just find the entire control system unpleasant whether with my phone touch screen or using a controller. I am having a hard time finding a sens balance, and having to juggle farming for exp, looting, and the uncomfortable and inprecise controls makes it a tough sell. I want to like it, but I don't know how to be comfy first, so it feels like a futile effort.
>>
>>653047
I've been playing it on my PC screen via scrcpy using a PS4 controller and it's been great.
Still hoping for a proper PC release (there aren't even any ads in the game, so there's nothing stopping them from releasing on Steam), but I'm comfy with this for now.
>>
the more i play it the more i notice the control scheme isnt terrible, its just that this game is definitely made for tablets. The ui and thumbs take up too much screen space for use on a phone. its definitely doable but kind of annoying.
>>
>>653544
I think you're too forgiving considering the majority playerbase. If it doesn't effectively match the needs of the widest portion of the target audience (those playing on smartphones), it's poorly designed and should be reworked. Many of the mechanics are completely disproportionate and unwieldy. Why is it that the brawling monk takes longer to hit a knockback stun combo compared to a ranger or mage? Why is it that local servers are 2x the ping they should be, and the world rife with stutters and frame drops? Why does the game crash to the home screen randomly at match start or end? It's just not ready for prime time, but they're forcing it to be because of the financial incentive. I mean, fuck, how are you supposed to duel with guns correctly when they're so jittery and inconsistent? They copied CoDM's UI in so many ways, but they failed miserably at making the gun mechanics feel good, so 1 in 3, maybe 1/2 of all encounters end up being brawls which exclusively come down to who presses the melee button first and has the quickest melee chain. It just ruins close and distant engagements, leaving only mid-range to not feel like complete trash.
>>
>>653570
Fucking magic dailys, magic is shit, my kd ratio with melee is 6:1 with magic it's the other way around.
>>
>>654178
Opposite for me, frankly. Try Fire to get magic damage. It does ~60 damage on the lowest tier, and hundreds at max. Cost is only one point per shot, and it recharges quickly. Magic was confusing at first, but once you realize you can charge it up and shoot most of them like missiles, it isn't bad. Worst is the Sniper Rifle challenge, since you have shitty ping, stuttering game, stiff aim controls, and super speed enemies to juggle. I have had a challenge to get 500 SR damage for over two days now. Sucks.
>>
Do any controller players have some custom sens options to share? Using a Dualshock 4 right now, trying to finalize something so it feels more consistent (especially on ADS).
>>
>>654561
sorcerer gets magic damage increase according to their weapons level, so activate trance and you get to chuck fireballs like a fucking madlad along with whatever other spells you got because of the reduced mana cost in the mode. trance is fucking busted. honestly the only thing that can stop a fully powered mage is a warrior up close.
>>
>>649904
Playing action games on mobile sucks. Tok frustrating to be fun even if the game is halfway decent with this one seems to be.
>>
I was only getting around 10-20th place on day one. The first game I played with headphones on however, I started getting first place. Just a heads-up for anyone not doing well. I play Touch btw.
>>
>>655063
Nobody I see complains about audio. I mean, fuck, they give you visual indicators on screen to notify you every second of nearby sounds, including their type. Balancing and shit controls are a much bigger concern.
>>
>>655134
just play with a fucking gamepad my dude. only actual unbalanced thing in the game at the moment is trance sorcerer, its too goddamn strong. people are abusing the hell out of it to rank up like crazy. you get infinite magic casts on everything 3 cost and under and everything else is reduced cost.
>>
Played it with normal touch controls, then a gamepad, and I'd honestly love it if it was just on PC. Tried running it on bluestacks, though, and shit ain't working. Anyone know if any emulators can run it somewhat reliably rn?
>>
>>651423
You won’t if you’re okay at the game. I use to play free fire as a phone user and I was one of the top solo players for BR and CS in the game. (For NA. SA and SEA/IND are way better than the average NA player.)
>>
File: vii.png (508 KB, 1440x897)
508 KB
508 KB PNG
Repeating integers decide my character name.
>>
>>655134
I don't care what you see. If my tip doesn't help you then its not for you. And if you think the controls are shit then maybe the games not for you either. Sucks to suck, man.
>>
>>655605
>Tried running it on bluestacks, though, and shit ain't working
Shiet, can confirm. Stuck on black screen, nothing happens after opening the app.
>>
>>655667
Niggerfaggot!
>>
>>655674
>And if you think the controls are shit then maybe the games not for you either
I like the idea of the game but c'mon don't be such a SE cocksucker the game needs major improvements to the controls we're having the same problems we had in the beta yet they didn't address them at all inb4
>but I've gotten 1st place with shitty controls!!!
Good for you but the controls are still shit coming from something like CoDM which has smooth as fuck 3rd person controls and going to FF you can really feel the difference
>>
>>655667
Beangas
>>
>>655763
You are just over reacting. Get better
>>
>>655889
>constant stuttering
>aiming is a complete mess that warrior is the meta again like in the beta
>frames drop everywhere when all the other games even faggy pubg runs smooth
>CONSTANT STUTTERING
I guess SE can get away with releasing a mess of a game when people like you will defend them we even had a fucking beta to address a bunch of these issues before release
>>
>>656037
Same issues here, and I'm starting to wonder if the endless stutter is because the servers are absolute trash, or just general optimization issues. The server for my local region gives me 100 ping flat; that is absolutely horrendous for a AAA IP game of something like 15 years and a huge market to be suffering from.
>we even had a fucking beta to address a bunch of these issues before release
Seems the only betas in this equation are the anons defending this dogshit, saying it's all a matter of skill and sucking Square's feet. People got pissed about shit like Cyberpunk, why isn't anyone calling this disastrous performance and server garbage out? I even went to R*ddit to look what other people were saying, and NOTHING! Not one post about this nonsense. I'm running on a high-end phone, and evening setting up an ethernet line to said phone on a 450Mb/d, 250Mb/u connection yielded no results. If I can get 30ms ping in CoD, Square can at least do 50ms, holy shit.
>>
>>656163
I'm on a Galaxy S21 and yeah its a fuckmess. 25-35 ping on CoD as well.
>>
>>656163
I'm playing on a RoG3 and it still stutters like motherfucker I'm gonna say it's a little of both servers being shit and optimization being shit also
>get into a sniper duel
>nigger perfectly headshots me but from my screen all I could see was his elbow sticking out
I'm gonna take a break from this game and hope they update it down the line because right now all I feel is disappointment while playing
>>
>>655667
ShotaPPLover2006
>>
File: 5v3rk1.jpg (44 KB, 534x467)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
Performance seems to degrade over time. Dunno if it's server-side or me. I've been playing with a shitty tab S5e (500 something futuremarks) and OnePlus 8T (3k something marks iirc) and the last phases are hell on my framerates. Both low detail, high framerate settings.
>>
>>656415
Kys niggerfaggotlord.
>>
people keep downplaying the fuck out of trance mages but they absolutely mog warrior, infinite firagas for like a minute is more than enough time to clear an area before you have to cool down. warrior is good but mage is just on a whole other tier of bullshit
>>
>>656806
Every class can be 'overpowered', most people just haven't gotten the right class skills yet. That said, I think Monk is a little underpowered, and that the Archer/ranged class or whatever loses value with current performance metrics. Assuming they make performance less shit, shots will be easier, and Recon will have more value.
>>
>>656806
*snipes u*
cool fire bro ;)
>>
I've been playing it occasionally for a few days and I really hate the touch controls, controller isn't much better either. I hope that the incoming gyro aiming will help but I'm skeptical. I had way too many encounters ducked up by accidentally pressing other things, I got to move the melee button out of the way because I keep pressing it when trying to shoot and strafe
>>
>>656163
>I even went to R*ddit to look what other people were saying, and NOTHING! Not one post about this nonsense.
I don't see anyone talking about this game at all after the initial launch "hype" and now it's taking a few minutes to find a ranked match I'm not sure how they're gonna turn this around especially with shitty controls pissing people off
>>
>>656163
>>657016
https://twitter.com/FFVII_FS_EN/status/1461651213980557314?t=NNQFVRo9wfDrFgnwUZv9eg&s=19
people in the comments complaining about aiming and servers being shit I assume they at least read those I hope so anyway since I want to like this game but the jank is a huge turnoff
>>
>crash twice during final 3
>still win
I fucking hate this game
>>
File: 1636253470236.jpg (63 KB, 960x950)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
im enjoying it
>>
>Tfw you were going to do the dailies earlier, but they did emergency maintenance, so you missed out on your daily stars.
I have no idea how people will get 150 levels to clear the BP without playing every day and doing all challenges. I think I got maybe 10 levels in a week of play or however long it has been, but there aren't 15, 16 weeks available in the season, are there? Well, at least they seem to be working on tackling a lot of the problems with the UI and controls. After I updated, I saw a pointer circle when using a controller in the main menu screen. It didn't show up after I closed and opened the app a little later, but if we're getting controller UI fixes, that may be all I need to have the confidence to commit to playing this more. I am frustrated by performance, but I want this game to be good, and I'd like to improve. Maybe try ranked too.
>>
>>658832
14 weeks in a season, so 11 stars a week should take you to 150 by the end of it.
>>
>>658932
Please correct me if I am wrong, but there are no ways to acquire levels besides:
>Leveling up your player/exp
>Completing daily and weekly challenges
>Paying for levels
Right? All I can think of otherwise would be short events for stars, similar to CoD. I'm just not sure how to optimize my gains so I don't have to stress about getting every single thing on time every day.
>>
Game came back up a little while ago. They gave us a shinra ticket and a legendary Moogle point thing. I have no idea why, but I was able to get the new reticle for controller menu system twice, and then not. I was hoping they'd make controller menus not shit with all the time they spent. At least I can play again, but damn.
>>
>>658945
That seems like it. Dailies and weeklies with a purple backround are repeatable.

I was at 4/5 sniper kills for one of my weeklies, but i don't know if it is out of reach now, as a new week has started. I'll try to see if i can still complete it when i get back home.
The week 1 achievements doesn't show a lock or anything in the main menu.
>>
>>657881
Same here.
>>
>>658832
I'm thinking the grind for Soldier rank in ranked is gonna be harder. You gotta run through people to rank or you lose pts
>>
File: tits.jpg (328 KB, 3154x880)
328 KB
328 KB JPG
>>658945
>>659342

Well that's confirmed, then. You can finish your old weeklies later. Got fifth sniper kill from last weeks missions and a headshot from second weeks mission on the same kill. 10-11 hours afer the maintenance.
>>
Do any fellow controller players happen to know how to:
>Cancel the aim hipfire walk animation
>Switch classes on controller
I keep dying 9/10 times because my character won't stop being autistic and aim-walking when I'm trying to run. I am not sure how to prevent this. Can't change classes in the start either, since no touch screen in this setup.
>>659769
Yeah, it seems to leave weeklies open. I was able to do this too. I did forget that there was sort of a 4th option for stars though, being the reloading of daily challenges (since you can do so after accomplishing them once). The cost goes up after each new one though, so I think it is at or over 1k gil to reload a new extra wave of dailies. Not sure if it is worth it or not. I suppose it depends on whether you know how to find a lot of gil quickly or not.
>>
>>659838
If you switch your weapon with left d-pad, you start running and cancel the slow walk after firing your weapon. Melee attack does the same, but you'll have to wait for the melee attack animation to finish.
>>
File: blk2-ja_pc.png (707 KB, 1260x709)
707 KB
707 KB PNG
>A strange disturbance has been detected on the training field. A unit was dispatched to investigate, but contact with them has been lost. They are believed to have been attacked by an unknown force.

>We have an image the unit sent us before contact was lost. Ready yourselves for an additional report tomorrow. You will be dispatched to aid in the investigation.
>>
>>660001
Terminator?
>>
File: 3c2.jpg (43 KB, 718x391)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>660001
>>660027
>>
File: blk1-ja_pc.png (1.03 MB, 1260x709)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB PNG
Increased drop rates for Secret Boxes and Ifrit materia for an unspecified amount of time.

And the "glitch fields" are live. Go see what's waiting inside I guess. It's probably disappointment.
>>
File: 1637469571333.jpg (121 KB, 795x863)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
>it's another "dumb warriorfag gives up on shooting and charges you like a dumbass" episode
Eat my fire balls
>>
>Tfw the game is buggy as hell, but I can't stop doing all the dailies x2 because despite being a trash performer, I enjoy it.
Is this masochism or do I actually expect they will improve the game? I don't know anymore, lads.
>>
>>663695
Same here bro I just reached premier trooper and wondering what the fuck I'm doing with my time it's just the gameplay loop is really fun for a BR game and I can't stop coming back for more
>>
>>663788
How is ranked queue? Does it take long to rank up? I don't get great experiences in unranked Teams, as it ends up being a 1v3 very often, but I've done fairly well in solos. I wonder what the end-of-season rank rewards will be anyway. How long until /vmg/ starts queuing for ranked together?
>>
/ffg/ over on /vg/ os melting down with 14 posters who refuse to post in the 14 thread so I'm going to repost some of the posts I made over there here since this thread will live significantly longer. So incoming samefaggotry I guess
>>664083
Biggest factor in gaining RP is how many people you outlived. You could get theoretically get like 8 kills right at drop and then die at rank 65 or something and you'd get less RP than the guy who hugged the danger zone, got no kills, and got murdered by the winner as the final kill.
>>
>>664313
QRD on Materia in First Soldier:
>All but 1 can hurt the caster as well if used improperly
>Each melee upgrade will increase a sorcerer's magic damage by 10% (In addition to the regular 20% Melee damage boost)
>Sorcerer will triple cast Fire, Blizzard, and Thunder spells
>Fire will knock back anybody hit. Leveling it increases damage and the size of the explosion. When triple casted each hit only does about half damage which still becomes 150% damage if all three connect.
>Blizzard creates a turret that will auto attack the nearest enemy candidate which will apply the slow effect. Leveling it up increases the duration of the turret and slow effect, but the damage will stay at it's base value. Triple casting makes each attack from the turret multiply, it's still only 1 turret. Attacks will destroy the turret, the slow effect can be negated by the Jewel Pendant accessory.
>Thunder creates an AoE where lightning will randomly strike. Each successful hit applies the blind effect, making the screen flash white and slowly fade back to normal. Leveling it very slightly increases damage, but increases the size of each bolt as well as the number of strikes increasing the rate at which damage is applied. Triple cast will strike more frequently and over a wider area. The blind effect is negated by the Jewel Pendant
>Bio tosses a cloud that applies a DoT effect. Since taking damage cancels any potion healing, poison effectively prohibits the use of and ends existing effects of potions. Leveling it up slightly increases the duration of the cloud, and significantly extends the DoT effect. Monk can create a healing puddle that will instantly end poison and the Jewel Pendant prevents it entirely. The DoT will only lower opponents to 1, never kill them.
Cont
>>
>>664314
>Aero creates an are where anyone including you who enters is flung into the air. Enemies who enter are damaged but you arent. Leveling up causes it do more damage, persist longer, and affect a greater area.
>Blind does not apply any Blind effect, it only creates a smokescreen that grows larger and more persistent with level.
>Cure instantly restores the HP of ANY candidate in your immediate area. Leveling it only increases the HP restored.
>Gravity lays a mine that will trap opponents who step too close dramatically reducing their movement speed and disabling most actions but doing no damage. You cannot trip it yourself but if you are standing too close when it detonates or enter the effect you will be subjected to the same restrictions. Leveling it will increase the duration the trap can play in wait but will have the same effect and duration after activation. Ninjas can blade shift out of it.
>Comet designates a wide area to be carpet bombed. Duck and cover works well against it do it works best against bosses and to keep someone stuck where they are while you run or wait for the mako gas to take them.
>Raise will stand people up out of the downed state, not respawn them. Upgrading it to Arise stands them up at higher health
>>
>>664316
>Don't be too rigid in your loadout. Take your situation and what you're able to find in terms of weapons, items, and other materia into account.
>Rangers and especially sorcerer should keep Fire on them whenever they can. Knocking melee attackers back is such a big deal to them. Also sorcerer can put out more than 180 damage with no crits, no trance
>I try to keep thunder on me pretty much any match no matter the job. It melts cutters and guard scorpions stupid fast and easy both because they're large, catching like every bolt, and because of type advantage. Plus watching a Monk put up manawall and hide behind it and then zapping him anyway is funny. When I get down to final 5 or so I will often drop it for some other max level materia I find on someone's corpse since I know there won't be more robots and it has the shortest duration of the area denial attacks.
>Gravity lasts for 5ever at level 2 so even if it never goes off it just controls space so well.
>Blind is great if you get pinned down in midrange. You can fling it like 60m so just put it on the opponent so you can safely rotate cover. Ninjas also can use it to cross open areas better. Put the smoke at the edge of your current cover, run to the end of it, then Hide or Blade Shift across the remaining open area.
>I don't particularly like Aero since it flings them away, making it hard to follow up and finish them off but it's versatile. Attack, area denial, and escape in one
>>
>>664318
On Chocobo breeding:
I fucked up. I just didn't have enough chocobo food to control every variable, I took some of my screenshots from the feeding screen and some from the breeding screen so I can't compare stats pixel by pixel. I got impatient, sue me. Having said that, here's my current understanding
>Each parent passes on 2 stats
>Inherited stats are approximate, but extremely close and can be a little higher or lower
>Nuts make sure 2 of the inherited stats are what you specifically want, but it could come from either parent
>Nuts come in Jump/Speed, HP/Stamina, Attack/HP, Attack/Speed, and Jump/Stamina
>First gen chcocobos (From log ins, moogle shop, and mystery boxed) will always "like" the food corresponding to their highest stat, but 2nd+ gen can inherit a high stat that doesn't correspond to their like
>Liking a food gives a slightly bigger benefit per feeding but since there's no limit on how much you can feed it's not a big deal
>With insane luck and grinding you could breed a chocobo with 4 perfect stats, 1 average stat, and the 2 abilities you want
>With moderate grinding and patience you can max any pretty much any 3 stat combo, but the other 2 will be pretty trash and your abilities won't be guaranteed unless you grind even harder
>With light grinding you can control the inherited abilities easy but you'll only be able to max either (Stamina/Attack/HP) and (Attack/Speed/Jump) with the leftover stats being trash
>Known abilities are Cure, Soothe, Guard, Resist, Bird's Eye, Light Stepper, Giver, Power Nap
>>
>>664319
What I know about abilities unlocked through Mastery
>Ninja Blade shift is a 35 second cool down and shaves 5 seconds off per ability level. Max range of 20-25m, does 30 damage if it hits an enemy, and you can parkour and melee combo directly out of it
>Soft stepper maxes out at 60% footstep reduction
>Chakra Unleashed for Monks only triggers after taking 50+ damage in a single blow and will restore 25-40 health depending on level, can only trigger once per ability level not style level, and you can't stack charges
>>
>>663788
I'm still down in Basic trooper 3, the Premier trooper icon is the farthest along I can see. Are there several more ranks after? How much RP do you pay as an entry fee at your rank?
>>
>>664661
From what I've seen rank 0 is the max and for me it cost 30 points which I find is bullshit I assume it's gonna get worse later
>>
>>664794
>Rank 0
How far past Premier is that?
>>
>>664827
After premier it goes rank 3,2,1 then 0
>>
>>664661
The ranks are
>Trainee X5
>Basic Trooper X5
>Elite Trooper X5
>Premier Trooper X5
>SOLDIER 3rd Class X3
>SOLDIER 2nd Class X2
>SOLDIER 1st Class
>SOLDIER Prime (which may or may not be a special rank for top 100 or top 1% or similar)
>>
>>665014
>Sephiroth doesn't even have the highest rank but unmodified plebs do.
>>
>>665101
SOLDIER isn't a real program yet and the standards haven't been set yet so I don't think its unreasonable to flag certain candidates that far exceed the proposed standard or act as outliers in terms of normal data gathering. Player characters haven't been exposed to mako and Jenova hasn't been discovered yet (Probably the theme/story of season 2 or 3 though) so it's not suggesting that they're more powerful than the 1st class characters we know especially since Cloud is an event boss right now and much stronger than a player character
>>
Well that's it then jumped straight from 2nd soldier level 2 to prime I'm not sure I wanna do teams for prime
>>
>>666153
Teams seems easier to me on paper. The difference between 1st and 2nd place in RP is insane so if you're like me and get to top 3 pretty much without fail, but choke at the finish, having a buddy or two to possibly carry your corpse across the finish line seems like it'd make the grind relatively smooth.
>>
>>666229
Personally, I find that the majority of people in team queues act like selfish solo players without the skills to back it up. I had to revive my members like 3-4 times + buy out twice on my last game today because they kept being solo jerks, and had to face like three times in a row, dying after nine kills or something in one of the intro phases. I'm always cleaning up after others' messes, and then I have to fight multiple people by myself 9/10 times. Maybe what you say is valid if your team mates aren't bad, but that is way too much of a gamble. Solos don't have the variable of these people interfering with your end result.

Don't know. I'm still trying to do ranked in both solos and teams, but it isn't fun doing teams with no comms, no team work, just 1v2, 1v3 all the time. I don't think I've ever played a game consistently that I've been more frustrated with.
>>
>>656037
>This
Fuck this shitty game and the retarded Nomura cult defending this piece of trash.
>>
>>666229
>get paired up with 2 dorks who act like dumbasses while other teams go in with their sweaty friends
It's always an uphill battle in every match I had more fun in solo but teams are just stressful
>>
Is there any android emulator that works for this game?
>>
>Tfw you write a detailed report of bug/error experiences for the devs and some recommendations/requests, but don't know how much faith to have that they'll be addressed.
Feels rough, lads. I just want this game to stop crashing 2-3 times randomly every game.
>>669517
I hear people have used Bluestacks with it.
>>
>>670060
>>669517
>Emulatorfags
I thought they blocked you niggers
>>
I just partied with these 2 and I refuse to believe they are actual human beings
>>
>>670221
CoDM bro? You fucking nigger traitor...
>>
>>670390
I like mobile games anon...
>>
>>670949
It's okay anon, don't worry about him. I'm in your clan too, but also play this game. You do plenty for the group as it stands, if the leaderboards are to be noted. To be honest, I prefer to be playing this over CODM, though the incessant crashes and questionable teamed queues make it a bit of an endeavor for me. It's a shame they don't seem to have made guilds and guild missions for this game.
>>
>>671076
If they're serious about supporting the game they'll continue to update it with guilds and stuff in the future it took a while to get clan wars in CoDM so I have high hopes that it'll only get better! but I've been wrong before...
>>
holy crap its out already?
>>
>>669517
>>670060
>bluestacks
ive been trying to use this but no you cant, the game isnt on the shop

>>670081
i wish i could play it but my phone isnt strong enough
>>
File: 1619886793533.png (30 KB, 250x250)
30 KB
30 KB PNG
>team ranked game
>let the leader know to drop in district 5 instead of church because heli is spawning near church and all the sweats are gonna be there
>is adamant about church
>we dropped in church
>leader gets folded easily
>he rage quits
Fucking faggot me and the other guy made it to top 3
>>
any emulator chads get it working yet? hate playing this shit on my phone
>>
>both teammates die
>instead of waiting for the revive they just quit
>have to solo
I hate team matches sometimes it's happened multiple times today I don't understand why someone would join team matches yet act like they're playing solo
>>
I updated the game and now it just keeps crashing after a certain amount of time, has anyone else been experiencing this?
>>
>>677233
I have had horrible crashing for a long time now. Easily 2-4 times a match at times. Not a bad phone either, no idea why they can't fix their game. At least they have improved controller support a bit.
>>
>Tfw 1v1 against a typical cliff-camping asshole, and the zone comes towards you, so you harass him with materia and finish him against the zone with a noscope.
It's just that sweet Christmas creme feeling. You know what I mean, anons?
>>
>>677388
I understand exactly what you mean and it pisses me off when my teammates are full of retards that also don't pay attention to the zone
>2nd to last zone and most teams are on the edge of the zone
>tell my guys to retreat to safe zone so when can gun the other teams as they're coming towards us
>retards just join the fire fight and get folded
>"WTF bro you should've joined we could've won!"
I'm glad I'm almost done with ranked teams and will never have to join ranked matches for a few more months
>>
Does this have plot in it that is canonical with FF7 Remake? Is it okay for me to play this before that game?
>>
I completely forgot it even came out, was it as bad as I figured it would be?
>>
>>678146
I mean it takes place before the events of FF7R and it's a BR game so don't expect a bunch of story so far the first event has time jannies bringing cloud to kick your ass
>>678203
It's ok kinda janky but fun unfortunately the games going through a chocobo meta right now since the devs didn't bother balancing the game
>>
>>678203
I agree with the other anon's post. It is fun, but...
>Endless list of game-breaking bugs.
>Unsmooth, rather bad performance even on low settings.
>No sense of balancing whatsoever.
>Very anti-consumer cash shop and item restrictions (enjoy paying 2x for the same overpriced outfit).
The list goes on. I still play the game out of a masochistic inclination, but is it good? No, it's shit, and anyone saying otherwise is lying. You play because you like Final Fantasy, nothing more. Something like Fortnite on mobile would arguably be a much more complete, functional, and consumer-friendly experience otherwise.

I guess they are trying to fix things, but still, what the hell happened to companies seriously testing their games for maximum performance? They had a beta, but it can be so fucked that I crash FIVE TIMES in a row for a single match. I cannot think of a single game I have forcibly shoved down my own throat than this in my entire life, and I mean that quite sincerely.
>>
>>678643
>Fortnite on mobile would arguably be a much more complete, functional, and consumer-friendly experience otherwise.
As someone who played it before it got nuked. NO. it was one of the worst pieces of shit I ever played the graphics on mobile look like ass and I don't mean
>It's mobile so it's expected to look like ass
I mean it looked like they didn't even try to at least make it passable. Also because fagnite wants everyone to play together if you're any decent on mobile you'll be matched up with console or PC players because fuck you. FS might not be at its best right now but I have hopes that it'll continue to get polished in the near future and with emulatorfags sent to the shadow realm I don't have to worry about them shitting up matches.
>>
>>678823
I have roughly the same disposition as you towards it all. They are trying, and I think it could be improved with time, but I hope more than anything that they put extra focus on performance and server quality. Needs much better ping and better optimization to improve sense of jank. I may send them some more feedback notes again. They seem to at least be noting some of the issues in patch logs.
>>
>>655667
Gongagang!
>>
Lads, I'm so sick of the chocobo meta. Every single match end is several fags on a STR-maxed, 300 HP chocobo. That effectively means you need to clear upwards of 500 HP on a single opponent. They're using chocobos to farm instead of anything else because it's basically a flying battle tank you can summon at an unbelievable number of points all over the map. If I wanted to drive a tank death car, I'd play Twisted Metal. So fucking boring.
>>
>>681377
For me I find them to be the easiest opponent to counter if I'm running mage with max fire just because most people on chocobos are retarded
>let them think I don't see them so they start running after me
>quickly turn around and blast them
>even if the chocobo doesn't die the rider definitely will
I did that to a sweaty team of chinks all running chocobos once they're off their birds they couldn't aim for shit so it was an easy victory
>>
>>681407
I can max fireball a chocobo, but it doesn't do enough to one or even two-hit them in my experience. You need them to be sideways to hit the rider directly too, because the chocobo's head and trunk will guard them fully. The fireball does kill well if the chocobo is low on HP, but again, they are flying tanks. I want to fight players, but instead, I have to work on birthing a mega chocobo to compete with their sheer ATK/HP differential because even if I am superior in skill, their stats are better. Did I mention that battle pass owners get up to two secret chests, meaning they get to boost their chocotanks twice as fast?

I suppose that in the end, balancing issues aside, I want to play final circles with more skill involved than "bring firaga and a big bitch bird or fuck you, back to the lobby".
>>
Well done with that bullshit I'll probably have to do the occasional ranked team match just to keep prime looks like all the sweats are in teams instead of solo
>>
File: 2021-12-08 17-22-17.webm (539 KB, 1280x720)
539 KB
539 KB WEBM
>>677363
I can't even get into the game because it keeps crashing, I've sent in a ticket about it and no response and have reinstalled the game multiple times.
>>
>>681450
How long did it take you?
>>
>>682448
solo took like a week and teams almost 2 just because I got busy with work and could only play a few matches a day
>>
Chocobos
- Base stats reduced (ATK and HP)
- Actions that require stamina will consume more stamina to perform
- Damage to monsters reduced
- Wing flapping sounds when jumping will be added as a visual prompt on the screen

the nerf is here but they also nerfed sniper headshot damage for some reason?
>>
Okay anons, do I get the BP or not? I have an unused Google Play card I'll never touch otherwise. My character already looks k001. I just don't want to spend on a possibly dying game (no idea what concurrent numbers are like).
>>
>>684427
>I just don't want to spend on a possibly dying game
Well considering they're connecting this shit to the remakes and they're gonna be milking that shit for years to come I'd say you're safe to spend your money
>>
File: 1596289813997.png (517 KB, 599x635)
517 KB
517 KB PNG
The voice chat is atrocious. What the hell is up with the static and distortion. Feels like I'm in the Vietnam war. It also kicks you out the moment your internet fucks up for even a millisecond.
>>
Also while everyone was bitching about warrior the real threat was the sorcerers. Warrior rush can be mitigated by rolling forward once they charge. Meanwhile Infinite casting + Firaga and Aero is annoying as fuck. I should know because I'm one of those annoying fucks.
>>
>>685744
I think it's because sorcerers require at least some kinda skill to aim your fireballs especially people who don't even need to charge to aim they just throw that shit real quick to dab on people. When it comes to warrior though it requires no skill other than
>CHARGE WITH BIG SORD AND KEEP HITTING THE MELEE BUTTON EVEN IF I DON'T HIT ANYTHING
it attracts most of the retards for easy kills
>>
The patch notes are up.
https://support.ffviifs.com/hc/en-us/articles/4411965144729-Maintenance-Notice-12-17-
As a person who runs SRs often, I don't like to see them nerfed, but almost every other change is good. I think the Thunder team immunity shouldn't be placed, since sorcerers will able to camp corners hard while mass spamming Thundaga or whatever. Cool to see them try to make shotguns and revivals actually viable now, though. Of course, chocotank abusers get fucked, and that is absolutely excellent. I'll be using my SPD/JMP chocobo like Shinra intended.
>>
Patch dropped a while ago. Haven't tested it yet, but we got free stuff again like last time. They have a player survey you can fill for some Shinra cards or whatever, too:
https://www.ffviifs.com/en/news/38/index.html
I filled it in. I hope they are able to make use of the notes they're getting to fix this game.
>>
>>685744
>>686161
sorc was always the most op, the ones who bitched about warrior just dont want their crutch nerfed. downplay squad always bitching. trance most definitely needs to be nerfed, its way too powerful.
>>
Fucking finally shotguns are now viable. 60-100+ damage is a fucking step up from 38-68 damage average.
>>
does the battlepass give you enough currency to buy the next battlepass
>>
>>688199
You can earn the next battle pass ticket at level 80-something, and get Shinra credits on the side too. It's included in the cost so long as you play enough.
>>
File: 1596261731225.png (101 KB, 211x376)
101 KB
101 KB PNG
You know for all the problems that plague this game, randoms in a team ain't one of them. Aside from the general lack of skill, what I'm talking about is griefing and fucking you over in general. Since my pubg days I really expected the fuckers especially the chinks to abuse fire/lightning(before patch) or whatever materia and bomb weapon on hand. Really surprised the people are well behaved. Revivals and buybacks are prioritized and the team mostly stick together instead of looting the place like a starving racoon. The only other BR I had a good experience with randos is Apex(RIP) I guess silver lining in a pile of shit.
>>
>>688244
Are we playing the same game? Every single team I play with is self-serving and frivolous with attacks/materia. Stealing as much loot as possible, not reviving, pushing into the open ans dying, and more. That's on top of being bad. That'a my experience on the NA server, at least.
>>
>>688280
On East Asia and SEA then. Didn't know NA was a shitshow. As with BRs it's much better with friends and open comms only if I had one
>>
>>649904
Is this game difficult? I only played apex legends before, don't have experience with other battle royals, especially mobile ones.
>>
>>689857
In terms of difficulty/skill ceiling, no. Compared to Apex this game is easy. but the game is jank central. So it's really up to you if you can get past it.
>>
>>689857
You need a lot of skill to get pass the jank but once you do it's dab central because there's only a handful of players that are actually good at the game while the rest of the player base play like their hands are broken
>>
>>655667
ILikeBlackKawkx86
>>
>>655667
Fucklord69
>>
File: thumbs up.jpg (36 KB, 319x298)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>690200
Woo! I win!
>>
File: 1619560161179.jpg (223 KB, 1163x1128)
223 KB
223 KB JPG
>niggers still leaving the team when they can be revived
How long until we get a huge XP penalty for leaving the match early? I need someway to filter these niggers.
>>
https://support.ffviifs.com/hc/en-us/articles/4412888911641-%E3%83%A1%E3%83%B3%E3%83%86%E3%83%8A%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B9%E3%81%AE%E3%81%8A%E7%9F%A5%E3%82%89%E3%81%9B-12-28-%E5%AE%9F%E6%96%BD-

More balance updates looks like they're trying to balance out the classes but left sorcerers untouched lol
>>
Anons, I'm stuck at 10/13 ornaments. Gotten several holiday chests in a row, but don't get any ornaments. What's the deal? Is RNG just giving me the finger? It is already bothersome enough to find a single chest per match as a passlet, but then I can't get any ornaments. Feels bad.
>>
>>697803
Yep it's all RNG it's a pretty shitty event
>>
>>694046
Are you fucking kidding me. All they need to do is nerf sorcs trance not nerf warriors melee. Everyone on queue is sorc insta pick now. Also fix that shitty pubg netcode. All servers has been acting up yesterday didn't bother to check right now.
>>
This game sucks.
>>
There is a two million downloads event going on right now. Seems they just give you gold and some premium shinra tickets to redeem for a chance at limited items. At least this event is way easier than the last one, but this RNG nonsense is starting to be really annoying. I wish they'd fix this shit game or close service so I could go back to playing Morrowind on my phone.
>>
>>700313
>I wish they'd fix this shit game or close service so I could go back to playing Morrowind on my phone.
Anon if you're not having fun anymore then just quit if you come back after a few months the game might be fixed or if it closes then you it's no skin off your nose since you're not playing anymore. My goal for me right now if to get most if not all the titles then just slowly put it down until the next season and switch back to CoDM.
>>
>>700445
While I agree with the logic of your statements,
https://youtu.be/EIO1g97S2x8
I wanted to get all the titles too. I guess I'm permalocked from the holiday one since the ornament RNG hit sideways. I see so much potential with this game if they just fixed the 30 FPS lock and insanely high ping. From there, they could work on the balancing and feeling of the game without base performance barriers in the way. I would have bought the pass already if they did that. Honestly, I'm still thinking about doing it in spite of this nonsense. I'm level 90-something and have played almost every day since launch. Help.
>>
File: 4J6Px0A.jpg (16 KB, 165x271)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
May 31... 6 more months till I break free of this patched up together kusoge.
>>
>>700527
For me the ping hasn't been too bad after the last few maintenance and haven't crashed much either but yeah I agree the 30 FPS lock is fucking stupid. Hopefully they pay actual attention to the surveys instead of the usual "we're listening guys :)" but I have low hopes since we had a survey during the beta and they didn't change shit.
>>700878
What's keeping you chained anon?
>>
>>700957
What is your ping like? I don't know if it is new, but I was playing hours ago, and it was at over 150 consistently. This is on my local server too.
>>
>>701025
44-50 I used to get 150+ spikes but it's been good so far
>>
File: 1640705197189.png (507 KB, 964x676)
507 KB
507 KB PNG
>get barret costume twice from my free pulls
I want monk lady outfit KUSO
>>
>>700957
>What's keeping you chained anon?
My brother. He's overseas and we chose battle royale because ease of access. Noobstate is the same pubg shit and you can't make me play Fortnite even if you paid me. Didn't even bother with the Chinese shit floating around. Apex is the only enjoyable BR that has ever graced this plastic and glass paperweight and I have to suffer till May 31 because Respawn and EA are incompetent. Shame this game is decent even with jank but the servers and the game always shits itself.
>>
I like the AC outfits.
>>
File: 1627688259325.gif (278 KB, 280x359)
278 KB
278 KB GIF
>kill an ambassador while he's streaming
noice
>>
>>708882
whats an ambassador
>>
>>709408
People who partner with squenix to shill the game
>>
This is probably the most fun mobile battle royale game i've played. Pretty janky, I keep using my ability when i'm just trying to move, but still easy enough to get a hold of.
>>
>finally get a Shiva summon from a loot box
>game immediately crashes
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-
>>
>all the people talking about this game
>Game turns out to be horrible

This is the jankiest shittiest BR on mobile you guys lied to me.
>>
>>710841
>you guys lied to me.
Did you even read the thread? Every post is complaining about the jank even the people shilling the game acknowledge the jank.
>>
>>710946
>Did you even read the thread

no
>>
Are there only casuals playing? I keep camping in a specific high spot and score consistently 7-10 kills per match via sniping, with noone checking where I'm perched.
>>
>>710974
You're probably killing bots
>>
>>710974
Bots, especially if solos. They all look the same with slight armor color variations, looking like the characters in the Masteries page. Typically a random simple English or Japanese kana name as well. I think they're flooding lobbies now because they don't want players to have insane queue times, and if only a select number of masochists will continue to play, they have to fill lobbies somehow. They should have just made this a 60 fps minimum PC/console non-BR.
>>
>>712798
Both ranked solos and teams are getting popular so looks like the game got a little bit of a boost in it's population kinda sucks because now I gotta do more ranked matches to keep prime
>>
All that ticket grinding finally paid off
>>
>>714758
i got this too but i dont wanna play as a girl...
>>
>>714758
Lucky grab. I wasn't able to get any golds, but I got several purples (many dupes). Got the chocobo bike and some guns. My last two ticket entries included a chocobo gun AR skin I was missing, and pic related. Have ten standard Shinra tickets now too, not sure if I should save or not in case they do another event like with the holiday cactuar. Still haven't decided on buying the pass or not either, but I'm about to hit level 115 in the BP.
>>
File: 1587292726844.png (258 KB, 693x755)
258 KB
258 KB PNG
>>664319
So on the topic of nuts. I use the nut with the two stats I DO want to keep? Because the in-game phrasing of "Using this nut will change the following stats:" seems to imply the opposite.
>>
>>715624
Females in this game get way more outfits than males don't see any reason to play male
>>716047
I've been saving mine since launch got 62 so far I'm waiting for a cute outfit to show up
>>
File: 1400128294017.jpg (27 KB, 450x324)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>716565
>yfw shinra tickets reset after the season
>>
>>717093
Has this already been confirmed?
>>
>>717121
I dunno. But what if?
>>
>>717168
A few angry emails from players and a portion of people quitting.
>>
>>717168
The final nail in the coffin
>>
File: 139206709666a.jpg (25 KB, 230x244)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>teammates quit
>win
>>
>>719412
I just started queuing solo for squads if niggers don't wanna play as a team I'm not gonna bother with them
>>
>>719610
Why, niggers have good aim and can move fast. They had plenty of practice.
>>
Well the only titles left are the season level 150 and play 1k matches which I'm more than halfway there gonna start the CoDM train again since we still got a month left of nothing new till season 2
>>
>Chocobo kick and stamina nerfed again
>Fire damage reduced and cost of Blizzard going down to 1 mana point
>Some kind of tournament with ambassadors near the end of January
>Dragoon teased for S2
Well I guess that's something but they still haven't revealed anything when it comes to rank rewards at the end of the season
>>
>>720446
What are your sources for this? I haven't seen these announcements, just multiple store notifications. I've avoided paying for the pass, and I don't know if I will if they keep emphasizing overpriced micro transactions over improving the game.
>>
>>720465
The recent Japanese dev letter

https://www.ffviifs.com/ja/news/51/index.html
>>
>>720446
>Dragoon
Based.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.