[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vmg/ - Video Games/Mobile

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 77 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Share your favorite armies in preparation to the upcoming CWL season
/CoC/
>>
>>599239
https://link.clashofclans.com/en?action=CopyArmy&army=u10x59s5x2-1x5
10 Edrags.
>>
>>599239
GoBoWi has been doing me fine
* 3 Golems or 5 Ice Golems
* About 50/50 split between Bowlers and Witches
* Few light troops for funneling and clean up
* WW or LL depending on the base
* Freeze for multis and other splash that you will destroy quickly, zapquake for multis that are out of the way
* Just normal spells for everything else
>>
>>599253
Based
>>
File: 1633728401785.png (663 KB, 828x812)
663 KB
663 KB PNG
It kinda feels bad to see this comfy thread being literally obliterated by the gacha shit, no one cares about clash of basedclans anymore.
What went wrong? The game is super relaxing, takes at most 15 minutes a day if you are not grinding that much and your th is low. Clashbros how do we recover? I think a good idea a this point is to make a supercell general.
>>
File: images.jpg (15 KB, 225x225)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>608659
its a shame Fren.then we will make it into /CoC/ general.
do you know any like minded clans?
>t.OP
>>
File: clashninja.png (36 KB, 366x182)
36 KB
36 KB PNG
>>608659
i don't know man. it really is a comfy little game about watching your village grow.
>>609371
mine's got cool people, but they're fairly highly leveled and care a decent amount about war. if you're th11+ and not super rushed, you could check them out

on a different note, how's everyone's progress looking? here's my clash ninja stats
>>
>>610112
As a pleb who just reached th9 recently, progress is going gud. Glad they've streamlined this games progression a bunch.
>>
>>610165
Same anon here, heroes % is way low since th9 unlocks 29+ levels on the Queen and 20+ on the King.
>>
>>610166
6% is really low, but I get how it is. farming DE isn't easy, especially before th11. it's definitely worth putting what you can into AQ. she becomes crazy strong, especially with healers for QW/QC.
>>
>>610195
Yeah, it's just I got to th9 in the last couple days and it opens up an additional 49 upgrades which I can't get to before some more immediately important ones (Lab, Spell Factory, Camps, etc).
I'll be getting on it soon, more specifically the Queen to try and get her leveled as soon as possible.
>>
>>610250
You're in for a treat. TH9 is one of the best upgrades in the game. AQ is awesome. Baby dragons are super popular for farming and in general. Lava hounds give you access to Lalo / QC Lalo. And those two xbows deal so much damage - put those in a well defended spot in your base and watch them go to town on raiders.
>>
>>599239
Is it a good time to get into the game bros ? Is there any guide ?
>>
>>610711
It is alot more exciting than TH8 that's for sure. I look forward to TH10 too.
>>
>>610933
I'm surprised you chose TH10 there. Itching for internos and siege?
>>610914
You should try it out and see if you like it. It's not some super actiony game, but I like it for a laidback experience and for the satisfaction of watching my village grow. There are a lot of guides on YouTube and elsewhere for beginners, but if I were going to throw out a couple:
* Don't spend gems on anything besides builder huts until you get 5/5.
* Try to avoid "rushing" too much. Don't upgrade your TH if you still have a million other upgrades you can do (unless you've done your research and know what you're doing).
* Offense > defense. Upgrading your army camps, barracks, spell factories, and the lab upgrades is way more helpful than defensive buildings.
* At least sometimes watch the replay of your base being attacked to make sure you haven't accidentally made it too easy for them.
But more important than all that is to ignore everything I said and do whatever you find most fun in the game.
>>
>>611615
TH10 is just closest right now lol. Also finally got the fifth and final builder.
>>
>>611615
Thanks anon I will
>>
as a th10 my lab is gonna take 2 months longer than everything else combined, what should i do? i've already been using magic items to try to speed up the lab as much as possible, am i just gonna end up spending months with full gold storages waiting for everything in my lab to finish?
>>
>>611813
Bassically you will yeah, at best you can get all the "most important" upgrades done, whatever those are, and move on a bit earlier.
>>
>>610165
make sure to prioritise DE for getting your heroes upgraded. it takes forever and if u don't focus on it u can get stuck with everything maxed except underlevelled heroes. learn baby dragon farming, goblin knife, etc. and really do them often. those heroes are worth it
>>
>>611866
that does create the problem of getting backed up with lab upgrades though. since the lab takes so long, it's probably easy to get in a cycle that gets u progressively more underlevelled as u keep increasing your town hall.
>>
>>611767
Fair enough. Of the THs I've played through, I found 11 to be the most hype upgrade of them all. The new hero is solid, the new defense is game changing, and super troops are fantastic. I rushed TH10 a little to get there.
Congrats on the builders. FYI there's actually a sixth builder you can unlock.
>>611813
>>611866
This is basically what I've done, though it's hard to say if it's advisable. I just don't want to waste precious builder time. I upgrade everything I use, then get as many that I may want to use in the future. Focusing CWL medals and gems on the lab is a good idea if you want to keep it from falling too far behind.
>>
>changes to clan games
Wtf I like supercell now
On my way to max th12, we will make it clashchads
>>
>>614032
Congrats, anon. Tell us how good that new hero is, okay?
Earlier CG were alright to me, but I don't mind them making improvements. Fingers crossed for some nice rewards this month.
>>
>>610112
Hey anon, looking for a breath of fresh air and you mentioned a high leveled clan. currently a th14 almost maxed aside from the usual stuff.
My tag is #2QGQ8YGV0 always looking for good chatty company.
>>
>>616276
Whoa, that's crazy progress. Sent you an invite. It's #9LJL0R2C in case it didn't go through.
>>
>>616276
As you can see, we're pretty much retarded.
>>
File: file.png (51 KB, 370x217)
51 KB
51 KB PNG
I'm loving the CG changes so far.
I find TH11 in a bit of a sad spot, at least in my clan. The others at this level just spam edrags and keep getting 2 stars even on bad bases. There's so many options, even for mindless spam attacks. And then there's me who defaults to hogs and likes to experiment.
>>
>>619961
New CG felt a little unexciting to me, but it was at least a lot easier. Not having the CG board fill up with a bunch of tasks that no one wants / can even do was nice.
It's a shame how TH11 has the edrag spam reputation. Most of those players don't even try to funnel - just drop a line of them and go AFK. If you like hogs, hybrid is pretty popular for war. If you're talking farming, you definitely need to try out sgobs.
>>
>>620342
I farm with sgobs already. It's kinda dumb how much you can loot in masters 3 with sgobs just off of collectors and poorly designed bases.
I haven't used hybrid in war yet, tho I did finish my miners a while back. I'll have to give it a shot at some point, tho it'll probably end up in a failure since I've never tried it before. What I mostly use is gohobo which wrecks certain kinds of bases where you can get your CC troops and heroes into a high value core. Other kinds I struggle more with.
>>
File: IMG_20211024_172751.jpg (171 KB, 1080x961)
171 KB
171 KB JPG
Apart from the epic tag, I'm looking for a clan, bros, I'm back and I have nowhere to go. Not sweaty clans, I'm not willing to go to war until I have a solid war strat.
#9990G2U8
>>
>>620811
>gohobo
How does that work? Seems like the tankiness of the golems would be wasted with hogs just running past them, right? I usually see witches or wizards in those armies instead.
>>621134
You can check out the clan posted above. TH11 is around the lower bound of members, but it looks like you're probably within the range. You need to show that you're decent to participate in wars, but you can just not do wars so long as you're active.
>>
>>621290
It's a two stage attack. The golem, bowlers, heroes, and CC troops are the kill squad to take out defending CC, AQ and eagle and/or king. Once that's done carving a hole into the base, release the hogs.
>>
>>621290
I'm shit in wars, I'll give it a pass
>>
Have you guys seen bases like pic related, but scattered over the whole base? Is there a name for these sorts of layouts or something?
>>
>>623777
Seems like an obstacle base, specifically designed so special obstacles spawn outside instead of in.
>>
>>627229
Thanks. Thought people might be using them to counter edrags or mess with pathing or something, but obstacle spawn makes more sense.
>>
Hey Clashers OP Again. Lets post our clans and their respective league for anyone looking to partake if they couldn't enter their own clan ones. Or they are looking for a challenge with a more competitive league.
clan name and level or just tag
clan league Eg (((Bronze 3)))
and what th do want in the lineup For Eg (((Th14s but we can take th12s)))
>>
>>628559
/pol/ level 12
Crystal 1
Th12s and beyond can be in the league we also have a telegram channel for like minded goys
>>
>>631129
A /pol/ clan has gotten all the way to crystal without getting banned?
>>
File: my base.png (43 KB, 362x187)
43 KB
43 KB PNG
bro i just want the Grand Warden and Electric Drags already. I'm tired of being a pleb ass TH10
>>
File: base.jpg (485 KB, 1600x900)
485 KB
485 KB JPG
got any good layouts for your bases? wanna share them maybe? here's mine, i know I'm a bit under leveled but the super jews in th11 work great for looting
>>
>>632137
I'm only TH9 but I'm fond of this retarded base I made myself, don't know if it works any good though. I'll get 3 starred regardless of course, so it's more for the visual appeal.
>>
>>599239
Used to play Backyard Monsters in Facebook then got into this game.
>>
>>632137
Can't blame you. I rushed almost all of TH10 for 11. You base seems fine, but I might move the wizards and ADs closer in - nice to keep those alive longer.
>>632216
Too much zap value next to ADs. Putting more junk buildings or ground defense next to them will frustrate air spammers. There will still be players that will triple you, but not as many.

I've been running crow bases since TH9. I think they look nice, protect DE fairly well, and - most importantly - hopefully keep most sgob players from raiding me.
>>
>>632986
You're right. Thanks for the advice anon.
>>
File: file.png (93 KB, 1123x322)
93 KB
93 KB PNG
>>599239
I've made a mistake.
>>
>>633210
Jeez, are you a TH13 with level 1 defenses?
>>
>>632986
i don't really care about DE, i use it to upgrade archer queen and refill super jews once they run out, it farms itself pretty well and i don't get attacked very often for some reason, I got some spacing in the base but I'm still trying the design out, no one attacked me yet since I changed it but I have planned it around Edrags being unable to rush the center of the base
>>
>>633312
Pretty much; I did the "strategic rushing" meme and then just upgraded to th13 on a whim
>>
File: trap.jpg (32 KB, 480x360)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
Am I an idiot or is this the biggest piece of crap defense? Once in a blue moon it actually helps, but usually they just drop dead immediately.
>>
>>637039
I don't even care about them, cannons are dead to me as well, upgrade the most important defenses first then, maybe then, focus on the placebo ones
>>
>>637039
What? This defense is really good. You need to position it for where heroes are going to walk (Specifically is very good for stalling queen or royal champion). Can stall them for multiple seconds if placed well within base. Each skeleton is about a second stall for the hero attacks.
>>
>>637358
So put them next to things like single-target infernos then? Do you go with ground or air?
>>
>>637427
It depends on what kind of attack you are anticipating, for general defense ground and air is good. But for war if you are expecting someone to use bloons or something like that then air would be good.

Near key outer objectives like inferno, scattershot, townhall if its not in the middle are good.
>>
>CWL ends, our clan got 1st place
>have 21 stars, 3 stars on all 7 attacks
>wake up this morning expecting bonus medals
>no bonus medals
>check discord
>random co-leader decided to hand out medals
>asked in discord if it was cool he wasn't giving any to co-leaders
>two co-leaders object, saying why would we do that, we've never done that
>I was asleep, but would have objected as well
>he distributes them anyway, against the objections
WELL. Guess I'm not buying a hammer to help my transition to to the new TH

worst part is that I *literally* talked to him about it two days prior - he asked if I would be willing to sit so we could bring substitutes in, and I explained that I really needed the bonus medals so that next month when I upgrade I'll be able to transition to the new TH better for the CWL.. (we give out bonus medals based upon leaderboard of stars for the clan / performance based)
fuck my ass
>>
>>642497
after further reflection, I respect the intention behind the gesture, but still wish that I had them for my TH transition
>>
>>642497
Discord is the right place to ask people to help you transition, but not that kind, anon.
>>
>>642497
Always heards stories about shitty co leaders makes me glad iam in a boomer clan with most of the players are retired no life clashers. we just have that one guy who happens to be older handout the bonuses each season and he has a system for it that we never bother with it and pretty much everyone who did well gets theirs
Telling you anon joining a comfy clan is the key to progressing as fast as possible especially if they’re ones who don’t bother with shitty donation ratios
>>
>>608659
i decided to download clash of clans and try it for a little bit, but at the moment i dont really see any point to this game. do you have anything u would say to help or enlighten a beginner like me?

others are free to answer aswell if u want to
>>
>>642971
The point is to waste your time. Lot of your time.
>>
Reinstalled after 2 years. What the fuck happened to this game? Why are my donated troops not receiving clan level buff? I donated to my low level account and the donation upgrade perk didn't work. Not only that, the troops I donated automatically downgraded from their actual level when I got them. My level 5 dragon became level 4 instead of becoming level 7 with +2 levels upgrade clan perk when I donated it to my TH7 account.
>>
>>643169
they created maxes for each TH for each troop they can receive - otherwise you'd get a TH6 getting balloons from a TH14 which will absolutely destroy any base regardless of layout haha
>>
>>643173
I see, but the donation level upgrade thing was one of the main reasons to level up your clan. Sounds like it needs a rework after this change.
>>
>>643183
The perk still works, just you gotta be higher level
It helps a lot more with lower THs donating up to higher THs than it does in reverse
Once you're TH11 or TH12 you can receive maxed troops & spells (I think - there may be a few exceptions)
>>
>>642497
They really ought to get rid of the manual bonus system. They already punish players who don't participate fully in CWL - either increase that or just award bonuses from stars, percent, etc.
>>642971
I've always treated it as a comfy game. I grind for resources when I have extra time and get to watch my little village grow. War / trophy pushing is the only area that has any major challenge to it. I like improving my strategy for war, but I doubt that would be enough if you're looking for exciting gameplay.
>>
File: profile.png (40 KB, 544x300)
40 KB
40 KB PNG
played this game after a fair break. Almost maxxed TH11. I was questioning either i wanted to fully max cannons, archer towers, mortars, bomb towers, when everything else is max. The changes seem really small for the amount of gold spent. I'll prob just get queen to 50 and warden to 20 and use a hammer on th.
>>
>>643494
At the end of the day, it's a game and you should play however you want. The general downsides of rushing are:
* Harder to find clans that will accept you
* Harder to farm if your army is underleveled compared to the THs you're matched against
* Frustration at feeling like you can't ever catch back up

But it doesn't sound like you'd be super rushed. Personally, I leveled to TH12 once I had all builds except mortars complete.
>>
>>643510
i know, i'm just religiously following dusk's coc rushing guide. I'm thinking of maxing heroes and then going to 12 for siege machines.
>>
Removal of global chat was one of their shittiest decisions. It was so much easier to join a good clan back then. I'm maxed TH9 and the "Get recommended to recruiters and receive invites" feature doesn't even work because I haven't received a single invite since the last 3 days. Back then, a single message in global would fill your inbox with invites if you were clanless.
>>
>>643942
I guess they just got tired of all the grooming that was being done / reports
with millions and millions of people playing it internationally it must have been hundreds of reports every few minutes, let alone all the shit that went unreported
unironically use the clash of clans recruit redd*t or use the discord - they're the best two places to find a clan / recruit right now
>>
>>643494
It's not the defenses you need to max, it's the heroes. Your king is severely underleveled. But, I see you already started the TH upgrade. I wish you best of luck.
>>
>>644208
To be fair every western mobile game's globals are pretty awful. If it's not full of predators, it's full of larpers. Better off getting a clan online than straight off the global chat dumpster fire.
>>
Did something happen to the matchmaking? I can no longer find any th8 or below as a th9 and I'm only in gold league. The last time I played the game was a couple of years ago and it was relatively easy to match with a lower townhall even in higher leagues, but now all I get are max th9s and some 10s.
https://files.catbox.moe/7puqil.mp4
>>
My and my friend have a Goblin themed clan and people keep joining and immediately leaving. If you are clan-less and like goblins consider joining up, the clan name is DIDYOUSAYGOBLIN. We're small and shit but it's just for fun.
>>
Bump
>>
File: supercell.png (206 KB, 743x924)
206 KB
206 KB PNG
>>
File: 1637449576506.png (22 KB, 780x670)
22 KB
22 KB PNG
We will make it bros, I don't think I'll ever find another SOVLLESS game with unironically so much SOVL in it.
>>
>>647611
You can find them, just a bit rare.
Matchmaking takes TH's level into account.
>>
File: .jpg (55 KB, 865x526)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>655025
>>654832
with the power of frens CoC will survive. :)
>>
Are builder hall walls worth maxing? I'm stuck on BH4 since a couple of months, already maxed out all the defenses but now grinding gold to upgrade all walls to lvl 4 in the 1500-1600 trophy range. The whole process is painfully slow and extremely annoying because I only get like 75k for a win and the walls are worth 300k gold.
>>
>>656755
Absolutely not, max your defenses and resource buildings but walls really are not necessary to max because of their cost.
I'm BH6 and have all level 4 walls, with some level 5, you don't really need to worry about them since they're so expensive.
Builder hall doesn't suffer nearly as much from rushing than the main base does, don't worry about it.
>>
>>656755
Like the other guy said, 100% rush to OTTO. Though I do use wall rings on BH exclusively.
>>
File: 1615549034066.png (282 KB, 600x758)
282 KB
282 KB PNG
>>657078
>mfw I learned that once you finally reach BH 9, you have to FULLY upgrade OTTO to get the 6th builder
>>
>>658444
Afraid so. I don't think it's too terrible. Only need three wins a day and I sort of like mixing up the regular gameplay with BB troops and defenses.
>>
>still no super hog or miner
Why still play?
>>
>>658944
What would they do? Now super spells on the other hand could be sweet.
>>
>>608659
I don't know what gacha is. I downloaded Clash on tuesday and pumped 25 dollars in. I'm TH5 grinding hard as fuck. I'm in a clan and already on the roster. Don't think sad thoughts.
>>
>>661609
Gachas are all those games where the main business model is to have players buy loot boxes and have RNG maybe give them the really good items. The game itself can be a total husk of a real game, so long as it gets people to empty their wallets for microtransactions.

I played a lot of GoBoWi at TH11 because it was effective and pretty easy, but it doesn't seem to hold up as much at TH12. Are there other easy to pickup strats to use at higher THs, or do I need to bite the bullet and learn QC Lalo or whatever?
>>
>>662414
>QC Lalo
Just learn how to QC/QW in general and you are done because it's the main part while the rest of the army is to finish the job, army choice is strictly related to the base you have to attack (lalo is one of the strongest tough). Practice with clanfrens or while farming.
On th12 witches are pretty good, if I recall correctly you will have them maxed. Take 3 golems, rest witches. Max out zap (it was nerfed a bit tough), take down 1/2 inferno towers (it takes 3 zaps and 1 earthquake) and that's a 3 star. Another option is to take freeze and basically do the same. It's literally edrags-diffcult to perform. Another attack is the one with pekkas, basically push into the middle and rip the shit out of it. I would say try one of those while you upgrade your queen for QC based attacks.
>>
>>662521
Thanks for the tips. Just seems like there are so many decisions you want to make just right. Where to start the QW, where to drop SWB to QC, where to use cocos, balancing spells for the two parts of the attack, etc. I'll definitely ask my clan for some FCs when my queen is available.

That's presumably what a "smash" attack is, yeah? I've heard about those with pekkas or yetis, but haven't tried my hand at them yet.
>>
Just bought the skin. What did i think of it?
>>
>>663381
Seems like a slightly worse warrior queen IMO, but buy what you like. The trophy crown just looks awkward to me.
>>
>>599239
>another warden skin next pass
Guess I'll wait until January, which will 100% be an Archer Queen skin.
>>
>>664580
Can't wait to unlock RC and enjoy all three of her skins.
>>
>>664966
Fair, but this warden skin is very meh (see picrel, leaked on plebbit), I'd rather just purchase any of the ones for 1500 gems when I reach th11. I'm only th9 as of now.
>>
File: ucxkx8k7mx181.jpg (42 KB, 640x350)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>665008
>>
File: 1638104288311.png (71 KB, 393x238)
71 KB
71 KB PNG
>3 events
>no gems
>no research potions
>no builder potions
>>
>>665010
Definitely not great. Warden of the North is a better winter-themed skin. I'm sure I'll still buy the pass because I'm a retard.
>>665147
Same. The training potions are mildly helpful, I guess, but hero and power potions are total garbage. Is it even worth getting them for ten gems?
At least the qualifier challenge had a good reward.
>>
>>665327
>I'm sure I'll still buy the pass because I'm a retard.
Fair enough, ima skip this one and get the January one instead though. It'll have an AQ skin (or, I'm 99% sure it should, it'll of been 4 seasons without one by then) and the pass boosts will line up just as I enter th10.
>>
anyone know where i can find that picture of a th12 with the starting layout?
>>
>>667736
do you mean the upgrade guide?
>lab (use a hammer, first upgrade your farming army)
>cc (if needed, upgrade a storage first)
>DE storage
>siege workshop if there's no one to donate siege machines
>start upgrading your camps
>1/2 builders always working on heroes, the queen goes first
>one dark and normal barrack for new troops
>inferno towers
>xbows
>eagle
>th weapon to lvl 5
>teslas
>rest def, rest barracks, traps, walls
>keep the lab going always, if you are deciding between a lab and a hero upgrade go with the lab because your heroes will always require 7 days no matter what, while some lab upgrades can last up to 2 weeks
that's basically it
>>
>clan got restructured recently
>the "top" clan got mothballed
>means the clans in use are lower in leagues than they should be
>and I'm in the feeder clan as a th11

I mean, I still get the medals, but curb stomping shitters gets real old real fast. Not that th11 is too interesting when you can triple just about everything with dragons.
>>
>>673187
I get that. My clan didn't have a single non-3* in this today's CWL face off. I understand that CWL works to encourage gemming, but it gets pretty silly when most matches are blow outs one way or another. Good change to try out new attack strats, maybe?
>>
>>673187
>>673218
I do the complete opposite. I'm in a clan with an addict who has 200 accounts I think, all of them rushed to unlock edrags.
He manages 8-9 clans. What we do is to make a new clan every cwl and exploit the initial ranking to our favour.
For example the clan I am in is in Masters 3 and we have 14 hyper rushed TH14s and me, a th12.
On those TH14s, the only troops focused on are edrags, rage and related. Also the only defenses upgraded are scatters, eagle, infernos and maybe xbows.
What this does is inspite of having a very rushed base, the few heavy war weight defenses help the bases to have a somewhat OK war weight with very little time investment.
This allows us to farm CWL medals like crazy, which are arguably the most valuable resource in game.
Also another curious thing is the guy has like 3 fully maxed TH14s, some 20 rushed th14s, some 20 TH13s and 12s. And around 150 are just TH3, 4 and 7.
The used up clans which are most likely demoted, are filled with these low THs every month to passively farm CWL medals.
All he does is only get on those accounts to move them once every 4 months or so, and every month he just logs onto 1 account to start the 30v30 CWL.
The roster participation rewards are 20% of total medals. So after 2 years, the medals have added upto around 1k each on every account, with which mid game will be done in an instant.
He says he's been doing this since 2 years. Based or gay, you decide.
>>
>>673250
PS you can only have 50 accounts on a device, so he runs 5 devices with 5 different email ids.
He says he has taped the emails to each device to know which is which.
Crazy retard.
>>
>>673250
>>673251
Actually incredible autistic obsession. His power level is beyond all possible measurement.
>>
>>673250
Why would you do this?

Also, mostly unrelated question: can you use a hammer on something you don't have enough storage space to upgrade? I'm upgrading to th12 soon and I'd like to get the CC done immediately because it's a large boost on offense and defense.
>>
File: 1638700349310.png (50 KB, 200x200)
50 KB
50 KB PNG
>>673250
>
Probably based levels that go beyond our comprehension
>>
>>673250
But war weight doesn't affect CWL. Wouldn't you be able to get more medals in a standard clan because the clan would be able to get to a higher CWL league and have a better chance of getting wins?
>>673263
I would guess yes, but can't confirm. Does the wiki mention this?
>>
>>673263
Yes, hammer can upgrade anything, even things you don't have storage space for.
Try to overflow your storages at end of season to do an upgrade you don't have storage for.
>>673476
War weight does affect the cwl league the first time a clan signs up. Based on war weight, a clan is given any league from bronze to master 1. Also the rushed accounts lose every war mostly so a normal clan would be not useful. The accounts just try to get the 8 stars.
>>
File: 20211206_005019.jpg (21 KB, 716x224)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
Bros..
>>
>>674300
Raid her pussy as revenge.
>>
File: 1638781887117.png (61 KB, 200x200)
61 KB
61 KB PNG
>>674300
>create a clan
>name it "4chan hacker"
>location : chad
>white flag
>invite
>>
>>599239
>>
File: nil2efv5x3481.png (19 KB, 797x531)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
>>675565
All the specific reductions are posted on plebbit here in two parts:
https://www.reddit.com/r/ClashOfClans/comments/ray91u/cost_cuts_for_the_december_2021_update/
https://www.reddit.com/r/ClashOfClans/comments/rayatg/cost_cuts_for_the_december_2021_update_part_2/
Most exciting for me is the walls, moving to th10 next week... very nice. Unironically best supercell game dev team left.
>>
File: walls.png (872 B, 141x18)
872 B
872 B PNG
Of course they're making walls cheaper after I got this far...
>>
Did they really get our hopes this high with "Construction Reduction" to just give us a RoBG? I guess it's at least better than the other event rewards...
>>
Will the dragon spam stop after TH9?
I'm tired of being attacked by the same drag + lighting spell.
>>
>>689794
Nope. It's less effective but still used at th10, I went for it first since it only requires 2 lab upgrades.
>>
Join us, no swear words though.
>>
>>691095
>TH11+ only
Sorry anon but I can’t
>>
>>689794
It just becomes edrag spam at TH11+.
>>
File: 1640186992525.jpg (36 KB, 312x280)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
Guys umm... what skins do you have?
>>
>>692049
none
>>
>>692049
None because I don't spend money on mobile games like a fucking loser. Or waste gems.
>>
>>693614
>>
#fortune
>>
asfdf
#fortune
>>
>>692049
Why yes anon a perfect question. i got a few right here.
>>673218
Aim to improve your attack strategy even if you were an edrag spammer that strategy is still quite powerful. and if you practice enough more over just play that same one you’ll be unstoppable i know an older boomer in my clan who just spams edrags and almost always triples on all his 6 maxed accounts. I personally play Lava hound and loons since th9 and still doing alright at th14.
>>
>>694479
>>694484
(You)

Your fortune: Bah! Humbug.
>>
>>692049
The past six or so pass skins. It's not a good deal, but CoC is a substitute for me never making any real progress in life, so $$$.
>>
File: 1640515670742.png (144 KB, 276x249)
144 KB
144 KB PNG
>>693614
Cringe
>>695291
What a nice collection you have got there, awesome balls also
>>695708
Well lastly they are making quite a good job with skins and shit. Just look at the golem BK. If I had time to spend on clash and grind I would seriously consider to buy a pass. Like with higher lvl THs I kinda don't see the point anymore, it goes like this for me:
>Upgrade *literally anything*
>Upgrade time: 10+ days
And there you go. I farm extremely fast with super goblins, almost at any time I have six builders working on something, and occasional boosts from events/potions are just enough.
>>
>>694432
Dilate

>>697064
Seethe
>>
File: 20211227_125547.jpg (437 KB, 1308x634)
437 KB
437 KB JPG
Holy shit why did they make the decoration grass so dark its fucking ugly. Also post your villages.
>>
>>697064
Thx anon. :)
>>698509
Yeah these new sceneries are an improvement in comparison to the old least in effort. just the pic related and pirate scenery were the ones I’ve got.
>>
>>698509
Just a pleb working my way through TH10...
Bretty fun though, never gotten this far in years past as I'd always mess about sporadically and then leave - also progression is about a million times better in the earlier town halls which is fun.
>>
>>698767
why the fuck did you upgrade your walls first
>>
File: lookatmycocbase.png (1.64 MB, 2340x1080)
1.64 MB
1.64 MB PNG
>>
>>699165
He's based.
>>
>>699165
As of this last update they went from 1mil to 500k in cost, minus an additional 20% cost from the pass and then they cost 400k per wall.
Literally a 600k difference, I maxed them 4 days after reaching TH10 just by doing some grinding and dumping loot in between upgrades.
>>
File: COC skin (1).jpg (215 KB, 1021x797)
215 KB
215 KB JPG
>>692049
Don’t need any other skin than this…
>>
File: COC skin (2).jpg (207 KB, 1017x760)
207 KB
207 KB JPG
>>692049
…and this
i just have the default skin for grand warden
>>
Does /vmg/ have a clan? Should we make one?
>>
>>692049
These and Jolly Warden, only th10 rn. Will just go for all the winter skins as I unlock their respective heroes.
>>
>TH11 In titan 2
>30-100 second wait searching for opponents
>Town hall 13 and 14s exclusively
>5 digit gold
>5 digit elixir
>4 digit dark elixir
>Single digit trophies for a 3 star
I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR 20 MINUTES NOW GIVE ME SOMETHING GOOD WHAT THE FUCK
>>
>>704341
Why aren't you in crystal using super gobs if you want loot
>>
>>702595
Not to my knowledge. but few already posted their clans in the thread.
>>
That new skin is bad, but maybe I should buy passu anyways because I just hit th12 last week and could use the speedup to get past the worst phase.
>>
>>705986
Bad? How so? It seems to me in every sense to be a very high quality queen skin, though I'm going to stick to ice queen regardless.
But yeah the pass is worth it purely for progression anyway.
>>
i just upgraded to th9 after picking the game up again. nothing is rushed. anyway are any of the MTX worth buying? im curious but i doubt id actually buy anything.
>>
>>706792
They only thing I would buy is the season pass, everything else is mostly a scam
>>
>>707430
Just checked it out and wow, the buidling boosts you get are good.
>>
Haven't played the game since years before they added that gem mining area thing, and I'm considering getting back into it. How much of a shock am I in for?
>>
whats the upgrade order for most useful defenses to least?
>>
>>707578
Depends on your TH.
Air defenses first is never a bad idea, though. Mortars and cannons last.
>>
>>707622
just got to th9. im just upgrading whatever has a quick time to it
>>
give me a th9 base layout for trophies
>>
>>707558
Pretty big shock. Mid game (th8-10) costs and timers are down like 50% everywhere
>>
How shitty is my layout and how do i fix it?
>>
>>707718
https://www.clashchamps.com/i-need-a-base/?search_id=37751#base37751
>>
>>656755
just leave everything at level 1 and rush to th9. Then get 6th builder
>>
>>708672
its okay base
>>
Once you max th9, there's no real reason to level up th.
As a f2p, th9 is the perfect sweetspot to play clan wars and leagues
>>
>>599239
Is there a game like this but without any form of clan? Just online 1v1, no external help whatsoever.
>>
>>709343
literally clash royale lmao (lick my asshole onichan)
>>
>>709361
But then there's no base at all.
>>
>>699173
Are you looking to get 3 starred in Clan War?
The Practice Mode has a base layout 99% similar to that. They'll just copy the army build and roll you.
>>
CWL sucks ass. We're quite clearly better than the opposition but that doesn't matter because we're out-TH'd by a whole level or even two across the board.
>>
Favorite supercell commercial?
HOOOOOOOOOOOG RIIIIIIIIIIDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>714189
AngryNeeson52!
>>
Which TH would y'all say is the best to leave a mini on to enjoy simpler gameplay? My mini is on 9 now. Upgrading would give me siege machines, but that also marks the start of the more advanced defenses.
>>
>>715064
th14 when th15 comes out, you have enough to gem everything, right?
>>
Th10 is great I upgraded my miners and heal asap and been pretty much exclusively using miners with QC but find myself time failing often in multiplayer. Maybe if my queen was higher level (level 24) queen walk would take less time I guess, upgrading her is gonna take 2 months to get to level 40 though ugh. Heard hog miner hybrid is pretty good need to upgrade hog
>>
Wow COC is fun again. Any help with my 5 year old layout is appreciated.
>>
>>718005
>Wow COC is fun again.
Im surprised with how little the game is known around here, because its the only mobile game to be this good. I honestly wish there was a pc game that had CoCs formula of building a base and attacking.
>Any help with my 5 year old layout is appreciated.
Just google a layout and find something you like. The autists have pretty much figured out the best layouts to use
>>
>>718021
>Im surprised with how little the game is known around here, because its the only mobile game to be this good.
I guess it was so fucking popular when it launched (2013 holy shit why is time flying so fast can someone fucking stop it?) but people after some fast low th progress evetually got bored of 7 day upgrades to get +5 dps and +50 hp and dropped the game and probably stopped following whatever was in the updates so they were safe to assume nothing changed. Fast forward to some years after the game was dropped, many accounts got lost or just got banned because you couldn't provide enough proof of you being the owner (so they also ban the account from which you were contacting the support, they still ask shit like how many gems you had, previous clans etc, some information you can get from player trackers for coc), and then the global chat thing came. Even tough I like the current state of the game, I don't really see what else they can add at this point, and that's why I see other games being popular like gachas et simila, you can add stuff literally forever and people will buy it anyway and never get tired of it. A mirecle Supercell didn't turn themselves in complete joos with coc to add stuff like daily attack limits etc (at least not for clash of clans and not for all players, in legend it's required I guess for the time it took to search matches, I think this is why they are cutting upgrade times so more people can get faster in high THs)
>>718005
welcome back cocfren.
The base looks ok to me, don't really bother at th9 about the layout of the normal base, mby look something up for the war base if you partecipate in clan wars, but I wouldn't loose much time on it and get as fast as possible to th10, just upgrade heroes and keep the lab going.
>>
>>718057
Thank you my dude, I will keep that advice. My old clan is still around because I still hang with my old college buddies, I'll use Google to get some good TH9 war bases if we ever start up again.
>>718021
In hindsight it only becomes more clear that people left because they didn't like timegating even when the core game is quite fun (I still had hell of a time playing COC in its hayday). Look at today's instant gratification shit that plagues almost every gacha out there.
>>
>>717854
Hog miner hybrid is almost equal to QC miners at th10, not much of a difference, it really shines at th11+ when you get the warden and hp boost. And if you're time failing start carrying some cleanup troops and start the miners at around 1m 45s at max (for now as your queen is underleveled). The timefail is mostly due to your queen being underleveled. I'd recommend to put your queen down continuosly till she reaches at least lvl 35, she isn't quick till then. Farm with something like baby dragons or dragons for the time being, or you could do the strategic rush method and rush to th11 to unlock the super goblins and start the grind on the warden too.
I'm a th12 and I enjoy my QC hybrid and lavaloon attacks but the super goblins are so efficient it just doesn't make sense to use anything else, I only mix things up with hybrid and lalo to not get bored.
>>
>>718005
Dont have your red air bombs next to air defense they'll just get absorbed by lavahounds in lavaloon. Black air bomb can be next to air defense to kill lavahound faster but you wanna try and get red to splash on balloons. I also dont like the air sweeper at the bottom, it's not at all protecting the 2 top air defenses and it very vulnerable. The tesla trap is nice, a little obvious but it's fine. The double giant bombs is nice too. I think the zap value is pretty high in some places (air defense+AQ, wizard tower+a defense, I think you could hit the sweeper and an ad). Overall good base I think. You could just upgrade your xbows, wizard, a defense, sweepers and heroes and go to th10 honestly, archer tower, canon, mortar, bomb tower get progressively more worthless at higher th
>>
>>620811
Tips for sgobs farming? I've been afraid to push out gold for farming and i want to switch it up a bit.
>>
>>719162
Well written. Any more to say on where traps ought to be? I feel like I tend to just place them wherever after positioning my defenses.
>>719581
Honestly, not much you have to learn. Some people use WBs or quadquake to handle walls, but I usually just fill my whole army with sgobs, then my spells are 5 jumps + haste (with backup hastes from clan). I can then basically choose how much I want to take. If the collectors are full and I'm willing to drop trophies, I can just place one sgob on each and quit. But if I want to go deeper in the base for the TH or more resources, all it takes is a few spells to get them in there. Some bases are easier to loot (especially thanks to jump spell lag), but you'll have a feel on which bases to skip in no time.
>>
>>719581
Bring a few giants and wallbreakers to get into the outer compartments for a lower elixir cost than a jump spell.
Bring one rage spell for deeper lying town halls and/or DE storages. Consider also bringing a heal if your warden is down.

Other than that, practice makes perfect. It's not hard.
>>
>>719708
Man honestly I'm just a th10 monkey that came back recently after like 4 years and had th9 mostly done for me by the game so I'm actually kinda garbage at attacking. I just spam zap drags while I'm currently upgrading my war attacks (miners, hogs, golem, heal, bowlers etc.) and heroes. I've never really built a base myself just watched some videos on base buildings and played a lot of multiplayer and cause I use zap drags a lot I'm always focusing on sweeper and air defense positions to get zap value, that's why i basically only pointed out the air trap positions. I couldn't tell you how effective you're base is against Gowiwi or something.
>>
>>719581
Troops: sgobs, some super wall breakers around 3-4 (I use them in war anyway so I always have them).
Spells: 2 jumps, 2 invisibility, 2 haste, 3 freezes.
I use this army both when I have the warden and without him, the total cost is very low (almost 0 DE and less than 100k elixir on average attack, even less if I don't go for one star to keep me in the throphy range of gold3 - master1).
Attack: I usually look for bases with loot in collectors, so i takes one sgob to take them down (even tough I maxed goblins I think a lvl 7 sgob can take down the lvl15 collector) and then I use wall breakers / jump/ haste to snipe the townhall (remember at th12+ of the tornado trap and giant bombs which may fuck up everything). If there's loot in the storages I prioritize whatever resources I need more, it is often the case when it's enough to break into one compartment to have access to the middle where the TH is. If the TH is on the side you can even try to snipe it with archer queen + wall breaker + invisibility spells.
Invisibility spells are great when you don't have the warden available, just learn to drop it without making invisible the townhall.
>>
>>721666
I use the same just without the freezes. I train the super gobs with wall breakers using quick train in clumps like barch.
My quick train army is 15 sgobs + 5 normal wb. I just spam that till my army is filled. And for spells I do 1 jump + 1 invis + 1 haste, and then again 1 jump + 1 invis and so on.. I get 3 jumps, 3 invis and 2 hastes per battle. This clumping and differentiating helps to maintain the sgobs to wall breakers ratio per battle for me. If you're getting the ratios a little off for you increase or decrease the no. of wb. The hastes cost dark elixir so I use them only if an important target like a th or a dark storage is very deep inside the base. My strategy goes something like this
>Find a base with good loot
>Loot all the collectors on the outside using 1 sgob each. 2 for unguarded storages.
>If any collectors or storages within 1 layer of walls, use wall breakers to break the wall. If wb are max for the th, then use about 2-4 per wall acc. to lvl. Use 3 sgobs for storages within walls which you've opened up.
>Then move on to target th, if th is moderately distanced from the outside use a jump + invis combo to take it down. To maximize invis value, use it as the goblins are about to become visible.
> If th is located at the center try to break another (second) layer of walls with wall breakers and if you can't break it with wb use 2 jumps. Then haste at the beginning of their path and invis as they're about to reach the target.
> Be careful not to make the target invisible. Also as the target (TH or dark storage) can have traps around it, send a super gob to test for traps, after that send in about 6-8 with invis for the th and about 5 if it's a DE storage.
> To maximise efficiency you must use as little as you can while getting the most value out of the training time and troops. Or if you're not that autistic and just simply play for fun, make sure to use one or two extra sgobs or wall breakers to make sure that they finish the job.
>>
File: file.png (36 KB, 392x284)
36 KB
36 KB PNG
>>610112
I've got back into the game very recently so i'm still a baby. Any tips on progression? I've got no clan
>>
>>723870
Join a clan and do wars for loot, clan castle donations for offense and defense and just for fun. Don't use gems until you have 5 builders. Always have all builders and lab busy. After you have 5 builders gems are best spent on speeding up stuff like upgrades and should not be used on raw loot (conversion rate is terrible, it's better to just speed train an army and do an attack if you feel inclined). If you like customisation then save your gems for hero skins (1500 gems a skin) after 5th builder.
Rushing town halls is not recommended for first time players but definitely rush your builder base. In BB loot is based on trophies so higher town hall = more army camps and defenses = more trophies = more daily loot. A rushed builder hall 9 at 2400 trophies gets way more loot than a maxed builder hall 4 stuck at 1600. I mention this because builder hall can unlock a 6th builder for the main base once you do certain tasks which is a pretty big deal but takes about 6 months from scratch. (With 6 builders you can do 12 months work of 5 builders in 10 months, pretty cool if you're looking to stick with the game for a long time)
Finally, real money is best spent on gold pass. By far the best value purchase in game. 20% less build time and resources on everything; training, lab, buildings and a hero skin is neat.
I've got some more advice on magic items but this post is already long. My personal favourite coc content creator is Judo Sloth and hes got a bunch of guides for all town halls. Basically the longer and more expensive an upgrade is, the better value you'll get from a book or hammer
>>
>>724002
Thanks so much for the tips! I'm already planning on rushing my BB, i'm waiting for the necessary gold to get bb4. What are some basic attack strategy is should do? In the normal village i mean.
>>
>>724002
>Judo Sloth
among with eric they are both the most cringe bald basedjacks and the most beginner-friendly dudes out there, unless you are low th and have no idea how to attack with something different from edrags you should watch itzu, he's the most based fag and has good guides on different attack strategies, he quit competitive not long ago so I would trust his words more. He still has content for lower ths in the playlists, but now he's mainly making videos for th 12+, also check this out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XviIIVIDf3g
>>
>>724002
I have some feedback.
Clan Castle donations should only be used for offense. Put those troops to sleep.
>>
>>724153
>beginner-friendly
Exactly I'm speaking to a town hall 6. Hes not as super high level gameplay focused as pro players like Itzu (who I do watch occasionally) but his videos are energetic and fun to just watch casually. He is a pretty solid player himself I think though. Hes got good game knowledge, he did cast in worlds after all. I like Carbonfin gamings videos. He explains all his attacks before hand by scribbling on screen and talking over his plan, its very entertaining and very effective
>>724215
CC on defense is good at lower levels where it's generally easier to get 3 starred cause it can throw people off (no one checks CC at that level). At higher levels if you're pushing trophies and in an active clan where you can easily get donations whenever you ask you might as well just leave some on defense, not your resources being used anyway.
>>
>>724005
I dont really know much about town hall 6. I guess just giants with wall breakers to get key splash damage defenses first (wizard towers and mortars) and then just use barch. Or use giant and wall breakers to get wizard towers and air defense and then use balloons. At any rate the most deadly defense at town hall 6 are the wizard towers I think. I dont actually know what spells th6 has I think just some rage and heals will do
>>
>>724005
General tip for any th is to prioritise your Offense>Resources>Defense . For attack strategy search in youtube - th 'X' attack strategy. You'll get good videos on how to attack. As for th6, giant and wizards and giant healer are the best strategies. As soon as you get to th7 unlock dragons on all 4 barracks, it helps reduce the training time. Upgrade your lightning spell to level 4 and dragons to level 2, you should then be 3 starring pretty much every th7, same goes for th8, upgrade drags and lightning and Clan castle, join a clan get a zap spell and basically you can smash any th8. Once you max through both th7 and th8, and get to th9, the real game kind of begins with unlocking the Archer Queen and many different attack strategies open up. If you'd like a play along watch Kenny Jo's th9 free 2 play playthrough, that guy has done it for every th from th 8 till th 13. Just search th X free 2 play. Also join a clan asap. A clan makes a huge difference in game, it gets boring fast without a clan but being in a good clan is one of the best things in game, so make sure to join any newbie friendly clan.
>>
File: IMG_20220120_005221.jpg (87 KB, 946x285)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
New meta???!
>>
>>599239
Lab is silly.
>>
>>725827
Just rush to th11, who cares about some cannons or some shit. Inferno, xbow, air defense, wizard tower. Start leveling your warden hes got 20 levels to get through
>>
>>725853
No can do chief, I like how they look and rushing denies my satisfaction of utter completion in all aspects.
>>
The past few days of QC miner for th10 has been a godsend but sadly healers are no longer reduced. RIP being able to train a full army for 200k. So glad I focused miners to level 3 as soon as I got th10. Now I'm just doing miner heal spam and I've put my queen back under
>>
>>725913
Are you me?
Been doing the exact same thing since I got my queen 40 recently, once you get the hang of it it's a damn near 3 star everything.
>>
>>725931
Jealous. Queen 27 and under I think. Came back a month ago, auto upgrade meant I was near max th9 apart from heroes, lab and some silly buildings/traps so I've had my queen under for weeks (started with like heroes 22/20 I think right now like 29/27). Hero grind is real :(
>>
>>726115
Yeah since the best way to do it is just always have the King and Queen upgrading you bassically never use em.
But when they're done it's very nice.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.