[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vmg/ - Video Games/Mobile

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 25 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1630888655941.png (1.54 MB, 1608x975)
1.54 MB
1.54 MB PNG
Thoughts on the most recent refine batch, which includes the CYL3 units, Legendary Ephraim, and Legendary Lyn?
What game do you think will be featured for the next new Heroes banner?
>>
>>586200
I was REALLY hoping Brave Cam would get more than she did, but +7 Atk/Spd and Arvis def/res ploy is pretty cool. Despite Ephraim getting a refine and remix, he's still inferior to Brave Eirika, IMO. I free pulled Eliwood recently, so I'm excited to play around with him.
>Next game for New Heroes
Got a feeling it's gonna be Binding. If it is, the only characters not in Heroes in any capacity I'd really want are Marcus, Astolfo, Elphin, Hugh, and Niime. Massive emphasis on Hugh and Niime, partly because Canas bias and partly because Niime is such a cool character archetype that FE has largely foregone.
If not Binding, just please give me Sain already.
>>
File: 1631676922505.jpg (1.72 MB, 2446x2150)
1.72 MB
1.72 MB JPG
>>586200
https://youtu.be/GOX1XeoPwBs
>>
>>587630
>Foul Play
>Swap with Rng 3
The only Foul Play here is the devs slam dunking this game into it's grave, again.
>>
>>586200
Im just glad that "more enemies than allies" got turned into a solo condition for Flame Siegmund and Dracofalchion. My Ephraim is even more tanky now so im happy
>>587630
Hope i get an extra copy of Yuri so i can give Foul Play to a dagger unit if it ends up being inheritable
>>
>>587692
I really only see this being good for Arena and Allegiance Battles. It's not super crazy good for Aether Raids since you could just be running another WoM dancer for your Galeforce nukes.
>>
>>588040
I only care about Arena. If it's max SP and inheritable then they ruined their game again for like the 6th time in the past 10 months.
>>
>>588068
My guess is that it's either gonna be exclusive or only limited to infantry daggers, since Leila can also do a sort of long range swap like that.
>>
>>586200
>he's still inferior to Brave Eirika
It's more like they have different specializations, with Eirika being more broadly useful. Eirika can kill pretty much anyone on initiation, but can't run Galeforce easily. Ephraim can run Galeforce very easily, but doesn't get the other useful effects that make Eirika so good.
Still can't believe they gave Eirika damage reduction and black luna when she's not initiating. Makes her tough to kill even if you can bait her out.

>Got a feeling it's gonna be Binding
Honestly, I'm surprised they didn't save Muspell for FE6 or FE5. The DLC kids could've carried their own banner easily. I wonder if IS is going to start adding OCs to every new banner.
>>
>>586200
Who is the best CYL unit from the most recent batch? I do not care for the respective characters that won, but art-wise I like the gatekeeper best, although it is tough considering kita and wada also did art.
However, I need a strong unit, so who is the best to pick? Gatekeeper's skills seem kind of lame even though his art is so good, and I do not like this new art for Marianne so I will not pick her. Marth and Eirika both seem about the same?
>>
>>588090
Erika is easily the beast for clearing content, you need a dedicated buffbot for keeping marths effects up for what is essentially a stronger Ayra
>>
>>588090
imo Eirika>Marth>Gatekeeper>Marianne.
Eirika is really easy to use, she's effective at her job with no setup. Simple, strong unit.
If you've got a team that can throw buffs around reliably (like using Fae), Marth can be a monster, but he'll still go down to strong blues. He's a bit more versatile than Eirika though.
Gatekeeper is a bit odd. His weapon effect is pretty good, but nothing to write home about.
Marianne is... on paper her effect is really good, but in practice I still haven't been able to apply it to any real advantage a single time. The limit in movement speed in the ally she "dances" and her reliance on landing two hits and getting hit once (which is often an issue because her attack is too high to let some enemies live long enough to hit back) just make her unreliable. She might be really good in AR, if you play that - I don't.
>>
>>588090
Eirika is amazing for the built in canto alone, it's so useful. It helps that she kills just about anything you throw her at and can heal when her special triggers.
>>
>>588090
Eirika's a very anti-meta pick with her armor/cav effectiveness, so you cant go wrong with that
In addition, she has tons of survivability with both heal on special proc as well as canto to get out of the danger zone

Marth is strong but he really needs his teammates in order to trigger Genesis Falchion's effects, although Shining Emblem helps in that regard. In addition, Marth gets innate DC, allowing him to be more versatile than Eirika, since her enemy phase isnt that good
>>
>>588090
Eirika is your delete unit button due to her massive amount of effects that turn the tables in her favor. She works out the gate already. Marth pretty much needs someone to be near so he can actually proc his effects, otherwise he's like every other DC and DR sword you put on your favorite swords or whoever. He's still okay, since he also provides support for buffs
>>
>>588105
>>588108
>>588109
>>588112
>>588113
Thank you, I will choose Eirika then. This will be a good pick for my teams because I do not have any strong mounted lance units, only fliers and foot units.
>>
>>588090
They're all pretty good but I think the consensus is that Eirika is the strongest. She has damage reduction, she gets past follow up and Special denial, she has Canto, she gets healing without needing a healing Special, and immense damage when her Special activates. She can kind of do it all, although she is player phase focused, Canto helps her retreat. She can even Galeforce if you want, but she'll need Heavy Blade for that. She can also Windsweep but you have to give up Canto and the big damage boost to do so.
Marth is great and the most versatile since he can dual phase pretty well, but you have to ensure that his buffs go up to get the most out of him.
Marianne and Gatekeeper feel more niche, but they're still good. It kinda feels like they have a specific task rather than being generally good for any mode like the other two.
>>
>>588108
Marianne comes with Time's Pulse and can use Flashing Blade, so she shouldn't have any problems proccing her special. It's just so damn underwhelming. Probably works best with teleporting units like B!Edelgard or Bride Tate.

>>588112
>Marth gets innate DC
You mean he comes with DC. He still has to sacrifice his A slot, and an Eirika running DC+Moonbow causes huge damage since Moonlight Bangle and her damage reduction are active on both phases.
>>
>>588297
>DC Eirika
That sounds so fucking retarded and yet I cannot refute the potential effectiveness of it.
>>
>>588393
I can see the idea. You can't deny her Special so she will always respond with Moonbow
>>
>>588399
what about BLucina support + Sol + DC? You're basically firing off a mini Aether every single time you get attacked
>>
>>588402
Sounds fun assuming the map doesn't have Fatal Smoke.
>>
I'm going to build Altena. What is her best IVs? What skills should I give to her? I have some premium skills for her except for Trace skills.
What mode? I dunno, PvE and AR I guess.
>>
>>588558
I've had this gimmick build figured out for a while, but I haven't tried it so I can't vouch for its effectiveness
>>
>>588558
I'm gonna be honest with you here mate, altena is straight trash. She is arena assault filler at best.
>>
>>588393
I think Eirika coming with Surge Sparrow and Canto caused people to miss her potential for enemy phase. Her only glaring weakness is that she can't prevent guaranteed follow-up attacks, but even those have to survive her moonbow retaliation. Probably not good enough for sustained tanking, but she's not a sitting duck like other player phase units.
>>
File: 1629632817598.png (918 KB, 596x811)
918 KB
918 KB PNG
>>588573
Thanks
>>588579
I don't care if she is trash, I like her. Just suggest some builds for her.
>>
>>588573
I'm also planning to eventually make a -atk/def meme build but I worry that Fury hurts longevity even with Reprisal to capitalise on it. I might try for Fort Def/Res 3 instead but actually getting the fodder (and the remaining Altena copies) will take more than just 'a while'.
>>
>>588709
Fury's nice to make her speed more competitive for triggering Wyvern Flight, so I'd say it's worth the risk. Again, though, I haven't actually made the build so I couldn't say if it works or not.
Also, I think I just forgot to change the special, Sol or Noontime could offset the self damage
>>
File: 1606967144850.png (1.84 MB, 720x1280)
1.84 MB
1.84 MB PNG
>>588716
I was planning to do something like this.
>>
>>588748
Yeah, looks good. I forgot Phantom Speed was a thing desu
>>
>>588748
If you want to lean into speed at all, you should really go all in, imo. Swap out atk/def rein for atk/spd rein. Fort def/res is mostly overkill, and she is already going to not take much damage from anybody except those who get to mostly ignore defenses anyways. I'd swap it out for something that buffs speed, especially considering you are relying on speed to double with her with this build. Likewise, given that that is the case, you should probably swap out phantom speed for a seal that actually matters for doubling.
>>
>>588748
I'm going to save this image and copy this build. Thanks for posting it anon
>>
>Finally got another Thea after months
Cool
Maybe i'll finish her next year or so
I fucking hate the 3*-4* pool
>>
>>588755
Nta but something like this? If I math'd right this gives you at least 53 Spd effectively, 55 if Catch is fully active and 57 with Summoner Support. Enough Spd to hopefully avoid doubles, to activate Wyvern Flight, and she inflicts a huge Atk debuff for more bulk. Spd Res Solo was just chosen here to help patch up her lower Res in the event that she fights dragons but another Spd Solo could work too.
>>
What units want Distant Foil? I know there were a few meme units that wanted to run it over DC but I can't remember which ones.
>>
>>589012
I gave Distant Foil to regular Sigurd since his whole thing is magic damage reduction and Crusader's Ward only activates when it's consecutive.
Otherwise high Atk and Def units that have a guaranteed follow up or strike twice can be good. Stuff like Arden or Lex.
>>
>>589013
>Lex
THAT WAS IT WEW LETS GO
>>
Another banner without Nergal and his dolls
Why does IS hate FE7 so much
>>
>>589075
Perfect. His Res is pretty low anyway so mages would just eat him alive if he just had regular DC so Distant Foil is pretty good on him.
>>
>>589083
Sorry 3H is the new hotness, your best hope is to pray that they remake 7
>>
>>589083
Blazing got a banner this year, but it still is weird, along with a lot of oddities. It still boggles my mind that during Book 4 their banner was labeled "The Dread Isle" and yet it didn't feature the major villain for said banner. The GHB wasn't even anyone from that place.
>>
>>589152
>The Dread Isle
wasn't that last year?
>>
>>589184
Nta but that was last year, hence during Book 4
>>
>>589186
what was this years blazing banner then?
>>
>>589190
Sonia GHB
Farina
Erk
Pent
Louise
>>
>>589190
Pent, Louise, Farina and Erk. Sonia was the GHB.
>>
>>588075
daggers need more tools to be 'tricky', they're basically just bows with no flier effect and debuffs atm
>>
>>589195
>>589196
guess I have brain problems.
>>
>>589201
That's presumably what they were thinking with the debuffs
The problem is that killing things is just better
Lethality dagger special skill when?
>>
>>589227
id say never because they should know there's no way to powercreep that, but IS always surprise me
IMO the movement stuff is a good way to get kills, I often lose a unit when a unit has a non-standard movement, For instance, Annette's are gamechangers
>>
>>589227
Lethality would either be the most broken or the most underwhelming special. They already were a meme in regular FE, so they're gonna have to make it really good for it to see play.
>>
>>588755
>>588878
Wyvern Flight activates based on start of combat speed, not during combat speed. Phantom Speed is your best bet to activate it on a slower flier like Altena.

Don't know why you'd even bother with it at this point though. Atk/Def Trace and Atk/Def Solo gives more atk and def (effectively 9 vs 7), and doesn't require the stupid spd condition to be met. Trust me, I sparked Wyvern Flight for Jill and I've barely used it.
>>
Gonna roll for CDI4 fodder tomorrow, and then wait for a F!M!Morgan banner to roll for two atk/res solo+menace fodder
>>
>>589247
Okay, so let's assume that lethality works in the way of "If damage is dealt, kills enemy"
What would the cooldown for it have to be in order to not be horribly broken, and not be worthless?
>>
>>589312
Not that anon but I'd expect it'd be a CD5 skill that they'd stipulate no CD reduction on, and would put at CD1 on every Abyssal GHB on an enemy near the boss.
Just like how a lot of LHBs now have a Save skill buttmonkey bodyguarding the boss.
>>
>>589312
Knowing IS, they're gonna make it 5 cooldown but give it to characters that have slaying prfs with Time's Pulse either in the weapon or in their C-slot (or both if they really want to shill the special) along with some other Blade/Breath like effect so they can try to consistently get it to proc. If it's just for not being worthless, either 4 or 3, maybe 3 since I feel that's too good but I don't know.
>>
>>589316
>and would put at CD1 on every Abyssal GHB on an enemy near the boss.
Ah fuck
You are right
Screw this shit, I don't want it anymore.
>>
>>589312
What if they made it so that you deal damage = foe's max HP?
It could still be blocked by stuff like Miracle or Aegis and could even be mitigated through damage reduction. But if you're not packing any of that, then watch out.
>>
HoF units are Ashnard, Halloween Ilyana, Dancer Nephenee and Bride Snacki
Update's out.
>>
>>589560
Guess it's cool for the people who want some premium skills on their Ashnards
Big skip for me tho
>>
>>589560
Might build Ashnard, given that. Got a spare forma soul, and the only reason I haven't yet is how expensive he is to build.
>>
so how bad is our male red mage infantry GHB this time?
>>
You'll never guess what Aelfric, the fucking red tome GHB, has for fodder
Here's a hint it fucking boosts Atk and Res, what a shocker
>>
>>589563
Great for me, as I am grail starved and missed every single run and rerun of Ashnard. I'm going to go all in on him and give him a forma.
>>
>>589567
43/40+/31/20/37
>>
>>589567
The only new skill he has is Threaten Def/Res. If it wasn't for Zeke, this would undoubtedly be the worst grail unit we've gotten this year.
>>
>>589573
Ah yes
Precisely in range of having enough speed to be a complete fucking waste.
>>
>>589560
Man, I don't even know who to try and focus on. This lineup is easily one of the worst we've ever had.
>>
File: 1631853858029.jpg (1.51 MB, 2885x1746)
1.51 MB
1.51 MB JPG
>>
File: 1515578537339.jpg (24 KB, 488x465)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>589573
Raourrabbit, Atk/Res Push, and Threaten Def/Res.
We literally got the former two on Arete two months ago.
God they're so creative.
>>
>>589575
>Zeke
?
>>
>>589594
He has Def/Res Menace, so if you fodder the cuck for Threaten Def/Res, you can get Zeke's Menace skill and his Lull Atk/Def
>>
>>589594
dual threatens are prerequisites for Menace skills, Aelfric's dual Threaten allows you to inherit Zeke's Menace plus another Lull Atk/Def.
>>
>>589584
Can't believe they wasted Kita on fucking Aelfric.
Neat that Balthus has salvageable res rather than high def low res.

>>589587
>Raourrabbit, Atk/Res Push
Funny joke anon. That's too stupid, even for IS. I feel like they're using 4* seasonals as an excuse to stop giving out decent SI on GHBs.
>>
>>589608
GHBs haven't had decent SI for a long time now, even longer than 4* seasonals. Even TT units tend to have much better SI, simply because you only get 2 (now 3) copies of them instead of 5 (original run plus rerun plus Grand Hero Party quest)
>>
>>589615
>simply because you only get 2 (now 3) copies of them instead of 5
Wow, didn't think of it that way.
And for a while GHBs were at least getting unique SI (Spd/Res Oath on Dithorba, Sabotage Res on Solon, Fort Def/Res on Sonia). I guess dual Threatens are unique too, but they're just slightly buffed versions of skills that were shit on arrival.
>>
>free Constance
>+att/-def
wew, guess that's my luck used up for a year
>>
>Balthus and Helbindi become bros after beating each other to half death

Now that's the stuff I wanna read.
>>
>Nine 5* units
>Zero of them focus units
>Six 4* Specials
>Three units I didn't have previously
>And after the spark I pulled Constance, Hapi and Muspell within 20 summons
This is the weirdest luck I've ever had on the way to a spark, but I'm here for it.
>>
How many teams do you guys have saved under Edit Teams? I've got about 10.
>1: just a team that shows off my lead and favourite units
>2: Arena team
>3: training team, when we train the old fashioned way of three refreshers + the unit trained
>4: CYL4 team, as they're all pretty formidable and I used them for Abyssal clears
>5: flier team for flier quests
>6: armour team for armour quests
>7: cav team for cav quests
>8: a mix of CYL5 and CYL4 with Marth, Eirika, Claude, and Edelgard, general content/Hero Battle clearers
>9: the Legendary 3H Lords + Summer Byleth, also used for occasional Abyssal clears
>10: event teams, ie teams meant to clear whatever Tempest or Forging Bonds are currently active
I think the only one I need to settle on is a dedicated infantry team for the infantry quests.
>>
>>589883
>1: my main team of favourites that I use for 99% of modes
>2: second main team that I sometimes use
>3: literally the same as Team 1 except with a different fourth slot for Arena/TT etc
>4: training tower team. 1 empty slot +D!Peony, Leanne and Peony
>5: arena defense team. Can't remember the last time I updated it
>6: Allegiance Battle team (3 pair up legos + my lead so I have 2 units of every color)
>7: AA team
>8: FB team
>9: easy clear team if I'm too lazy (FEdelgard/Lynja/Reginn/BEirika)
>>
>>589883
>1: Showcase units
>2: Infantry
>3: Armour
>4: Fliers
>5: Cavalry
>6: Beasts
>7: Dragons
>8: Splash damage team
>9: 1 of each movement type team
>10-15: Are for building new teams, testing etc
>16: Training (for grinding new units up to lv.40)
>17-19: For ongoing events (so right now my Forging Bonds team is in slot 17, but I'll remove them when the event ends)
>20: Arena Defense
>>
>>589883
1. my favs
2, armour squad
3. arena team
4. TT Team
5. flier squad
6. solo unit for Voting Gauntlet
7. infantry squad
8. Arena Assault squad
9. FB squad
10. arena defence squad
11. assorted remnants of squads for GHB and Rokkr Sieges
>>
Well that was easy.
>>589883
Mainly use slots 1-5 and 17-20 but every team slot is filled.
>1. Lead team, usually my wife x3 and a daughter
>2. Arena team
>3. AA/AB team
>4. Cordelia, Severa, Morgan and Selena
>5. Resonant Battles team
>6-9. Water/Wind/Earth/Fire teams
>10. Secondary Rokkr Sieges team
>11. Main Rokkr Sieges team
>12. Chain Challenges team
>13-16. Armour/Cav/Flier/Infantry teams
>17. Limited Hero team
>18. Team I was using for FB rerun
>19. Team for training new units
>20. Team I was using for TT
>>
File: 20210610_020436.jpg (32 KB, 622x701)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>589883
>1: Friend Unit/Favorite
>2: Main all-purpose team, I change it if I have to
>3: TT team + bonus unit
>4: remnants of some berserk team I made forever ago
>14: empty old arena slot
>15: empty old level/quest slot
>19: arena team(one nowi)
>20: slot for the unit I'm levelling up, is also used if I need a different team for quests
>>
>>589883
1:my lead
2-5:Infantry, Horse, Armor and Flier quests
6:Limited hero battle
7:General PvE
8: Arena Offense and Defense
9:TT
10:FB Autobattle
>>
File: 1624458120791.jpg (94 KB, 900x900)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>>589883
>1. Main Unit (Just my H!Nowi)
>2. Events
>3. Arena
>4. Arena Assault
>5. Allegiance Battles
>6. Resonant Battles
>7. Flier (formerly Nopan Squad)
>8. Cavalry
>9. Armor
>19. 死のリリナ (Lilina of Death, for Abyssals)
>20. Training (mainly three fairies)

I don't have a dedicated infantry one because I have too many and I should look into making a loli dragon team, but I believe I already have teams tailored for any specific event or fight I need. I could make some extra teams for Limited Hero Battles or for Quests, maybe.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.