[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vmg/ - Video Games/Mobile

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 35 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

[Advertise on 4chan]

Dingo ate mah baby mario
Sydney Tour 2021 is live
>>
FPBP
>>
File: mkt.jpg (342 KB, 1072x991)
342 KB
342 KB JPG
Touring, but at what cost
>>
I'm barely keeping the third place, I hate not having top shelf driver on two tracks, there better be something good on the anniversary that's worth skipping this one.
>>
File: its coming.jpg (270 KB, 1280x720)
270 KB
270 KB JPG
Kamek and Kangaroo Court Yoshi are going to get bombarded with city tracks come next Tour, just watch.
>>
>>582366
I don't have coverage for the ranked Sydney track. I'm thinking about pulling for Kangaroo Yoshi, but I don't really want to spend the rubies, I spent a lot on the Peach pipe then some on the Kamek one.
>>
>>582460
I get people are worried after what happened to Sunshine Mario, but considering he continued to get cities even afterwards I feel he was just designed to be a very city-centric driver. It does fit with his vacation get-up. I don't see how Kamek or a kangaroo fit the bill nearly as well.
>>
>triple coin frenzy with peachette
>still not enough to stay in top 3
please don't make me pull for this kangaroo fuck for pink yoshi.
>>
>>582671
Try next week, it feels a lot easier than this one with Waluigi Pinball T and the drivers on the Sidney tracks having higher score potential.
>>
>>582744
Yeah week 1 is a total shitshow.
>>
Got Kangaroo Yoshi from a free pull which is great as I had no intention of sinking rubies into anything this tour.
>>
Sidney's music annoys me.
>>
>Toadette was in Luigi's Mansion for the mission in Dry Bowser's cup last tour
>repeat of Dry Bowser's Luigi Mansion mission this tour
>both of their cups are in this tour

It's not like they're trying to be subtle about it anymore lmao
>>
Just pulled this baby from a fake green pipe in the daily challenge, how is it?
>>
>>584143
Pretty good coverage.
>>
>>584143
Extremely good. You lucked out.
>>
Pulled 4 times and got these, pretty good. now I only need the black great sail to have full coverage but it's regular now so I might pull it eventually just like I recently finally got nabbit.
>>
I really need that fucking bus for ranked but that's like 1 in a 100 chance and I can only do one 10 pull. Fuuuuck.
>>
>>584643
I wouldn't do it, not only you don't have enough rubies but also, city karts tend to be mediocre at best, the london double decker is ass.
>>
>>584627
I've never seen this screen.
>>
>>584740
Just go to your tickets screen and select either point boost, level boost or points cap ones and the game will show you items for you to use tickets filtering the maxed out ones
>>
>>584762
I always leave at least one ticket of each just to click there and see what I have that it's possible to level up.
>>
File: CHorPqQUkAAqS4H.jpg (14 KB, 401x343)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
So... about that "Cause opponents to crash" green coin method
>>
level 3 dozer dasher, meh
>>
THE GOLD PIPES MASON
>>
>>585263
Some regular high end kart that I already forgot.
>>
>>585263
Dry bowser, now he's at level 6 (1/5)
>>
>>585263
Unlocked Dixie Kong, idk what she's worth through
>>
>>585263
Ice Mario, level 3.5.
'Member when he was introduced as a banner only character and was the only top tier one in frappe snowland on it's debut? I 'member
>>
>>585564
Was he banner only? I thought he'd been added to the pipe on that tour. I didn't get him until later from a regular pipe, at least.
>>
>>585263
Badwagon dupe, eh
>>
>>585708
He was a permanent addition from the start, but you still had only a 1/5 chance of pulling him if you even got a random driver. You would have had to go into one of the pipes that tour for even a chance at him, and it's not like they were very popular ones.
>>
>>585263
Gold Glider dupe.
>>
>>585263
Brought my Cat Cruiser up to Lv3, slightly disappointing but not as annoying as my terrible luck on the daily challenge pipes has been lately
>>
>in 3rd by 1500 points
>maxed out on all tracks
knowing my luck some lazy dude will snipe me with 10 minutes left.
>>
They should make a Italy Tour so we can have Italian Mario.
>>
about to get a new phone very soon

someone tell me, how does data transferring of this game work?
Will I lose anything?
>>
>>587235
You don't transfer the data, you just have to log in to your account on the new device.
>>
>>587235
No, you just need to log in with the same nintendo account that you're currently using and it automatically updates your progress on another device. If it is from android to ios or vice versa, then you will lose your rubies, though, so be careful.
>>
>>587235
technically you'll lose your D/K/G ordering, and they'll all have the NEW icon again.

But in time you'll get that back, and there's no strategic issue there, it's just a little annoying
>>
>>582303
FPWP
>>
managed to hold onto 3rd somehow and get pink yoshi. wasn't expecting that.
>>
Over spent resources to get first to drain a final high end from the glider pipe, I wanted some mantas, I got a fucktop of sails and no mantas.

I mean it never HURTS to upgrade the sails, they're good gliders, but still.
>>
Pink gay dino secured, now I can relax and wait for the next tour.
>>
kek, the bowser jr pedo is now claiming he's done with all his reddit should you pull posts because of those badges being datamined. what a clown. probably finally snapped because no new jr alt for him to fap to.
>>
>>587538
I have no idea what you're talking about, redditor, but it looks like both of you need to take your meds
>>
>>587554
you must be incredibly new to this game.
>>
>>587538
I don't understand why would anyone get mad about seeing next tour's driver before the current tour ends, you could actually decide last minute if you save rubies or not. It's not fucking manga, some great tv show or a movie so good that you must see for yourself, it's just a gacha game for cellphones. I didn't read his rant but I believe that he and others like him are mad because they do reaction videos every first wednesday of the tour and now he can't comment about the new driver with his usual passive aggressiveness because most of his audience would have already seen it. Fuck him, I hope we never get another junior alt just to annoy him.
>>
>>587564
I just don't partake in reddit drama, you should go back
>>
>>587570
god forbid anyone posts anything but a post a day on this dead board. we've been talking about him for ages and you're the first to bitch to try and fit in.
>>
>>587570
They make useful spreadsheets, videos and other resources there, though. That bowser junior guy even created an app to help you to check your coverage. It's a shame that all of them are drama queens and attention whores.
>>
>>587585
>That bowser junior guy even created an app to help you to check your coverage
Are you talking about that Bam & Germs spreadsheet? Is he one of those fellas?
>>
File: 1631718536897.png (229 KB, 760x424)
229 KB
229 KB PNG
>>587598
No, it's an app for windows, I haven't try it myself because I use another one for mobile but it seems pretty useful.
>>
never ceases to amaze me the gap between tier 56 and tier 57. every time i get to 57 its like some hellhole of nothing but whales, i never even get remotely close to top 3 in tier 57.
>>
>>587538
that dude threatens to quit every week, dude's manipulative
>>
>>587619
it's made in unity and forced fullscreen. Runs like trash and probably has a cryptominer in it. Just use Bam n' Gerbs
>>
>acp was peachette
Fuck off nintendo
>>
File: 1546809135011.jpg (20 KB, 258x196)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>587619
the triple unlocked pirate jr is just so funny
>>
>>587714
he's honestly becoming a better driver but yeah this dude wants to have sex with Bowser Jr
>>
>Still the first day of the second week
>some fucker already at +105k in first place and the second and third with ''just'' 95k
I won't get pink yoshi and I just don't care anymore.
>>
>>588188
there'll be shitty all yoshi colors 50 pipe at some point.
>>
>>588213
we already had one a few tours back, even
>>
The update is live and it's fucking nothing, not even 3.0.0, just 2.10. now you can join another person's normal or gold race, more ways to earn tokens and statistics which everyone already who plays the game more often already has. Imagine dumping a large playerbase for this
>>
>>588383
I mean there's a half gig download after updating, I doubt that ALL went towards fixing the zoom broom
>>
>>588383
>>588396
So from what I've seen, now your token amount appears next to your rubies and coins, if you click it, it redirects you to the token shop, except if you already cleared the shop, it disappears, also that number showing the extra tokens you got is gone, it's just gray space now. The zoom's broom has a cool effect but it can be distracting. Now that you will be able to join standard/gold races from friends then, either the kart pro won't come back or new rules will be added to avoid exploits. I'm guessing the half GB update must be the battle mode or something akin to justify the update, hopefully they will announce it on friday instead of waiting until next wednesday.
>>
is it a bad sign for my android phone if the game doesnt even show up on google playstore anymore?
>>
>>588492
Rip, you will no longer be able to keep playing after the update becomes mandated because your phone isn't compatible anymore, that's why it doesn't show on the playstore. Don't delete the game just yet because you won't be able to install it again, just keep playing until the game asks you to update, most likely by next wednesday.
>>
File: mqdefault.jpg (18 KB, 320x180)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>588505
welp, guess i'm blowing all my remaining rubies on this pipe then before they force the update. Would've liked to wait see what the anniversary pipes were gonna be beforehand, hopefully they'll be as shitty as they were last year.
>>
Seems interesting
>>
>>588890
Wasn't "cause opponents to crash" already used as a method to get tokens at some point? Could've sworn that was the case.
Anyways, do any of you experience any difference in performance after the update? It seems like it got slightly better on my device (Lenovo tab m10) but it might be a placebo effect and requires further testing.
>>
File: 1631807281485.jpg (433 KB, 781x1280)
433 KB
433 KB JPG
>>588898
I think we have had rules for only hitting with certain objets but not for just crashing others, I'm guessing that shop will require more tokens to clear since that will be easier, also, I don't think it's just you, I'm reading on twitter that some people have been experiencing performance issues.
>>588890
I'm reading the kart news twitter and also you can use star tickets to unlock the free pipes now. And apparently AR mode may be coming too.
>>
I can't be the only one that feels the gameplay is feeling a bit weird after the update, right? It looks like the screen is shaking more during drifting, jumps and gliding. Like the game is not so smooth like it was and I'm pretty sure it's not my phone.
>>
>>588969
some people are experiencing it. Some theory that it's some weird refresh rate thing https://www.reddit.com/r/MarioKartTour/comments/pp612w/the_update_breaks_jumpglide_stability/
>>
>>588969
>>588986
using a s10+ and the game seems more or less identical to me. as someone who plays daily and has since near launch.
>>
>>588986
It's exactly like that video for me, a lot of sttutering.
>>
>>588911
>And apparently AR mode may be coming too.

How would this even work?
>>
File: screen-0.jpg (40 KB, 854x480)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>589020
Definetly not Mario Kart Live style, that's for sure.

I'm pretty sure it's gonna be a diorama mode, where you can take photos with the model of your characters slapped on.

Something like pic related.
>>
>>588505
aren't apks a thing tho? I wanted to get into this game but my phone isn't compatible either
>>
So these will be the drivers for both weeks, then. Now we only need the special pipe details.
>>
>>589638
Damn, this line-up is some hot garbage. At least London and Vancouver are all but confirmed to return.
>>
>>589638
Honestly both the update and now the anniversary are making me feel very underwhelmed. Like, if I was a little kid waiting for a cool gift for christmas but I end up getting a shitty sweater. I was really looking forward to new level player, probably tier 80 and a way better selection for both weeks of the second anniversary, but now i guess that's not gonna happen. Now I'm waiting for halloween instead.
>>
Only city courses in the anniversary tour. Do you predict:
A) A brand new city appears
B) A new course for an old city
C) Only courses we've already seen
>>
>Tokyo is coming back
I already hate it.
>>
Gold special pipe incoming bros?
>>
Triple banana frenzy got fixed. Now it starts despawning the bananas after the 6th set instead of the 2nd
>>
>>589772
About damn time
>>
>>589776
Unfortunately swimwear Daisy is about to probably get flooded by city courses so ya win some and lose.
>>
>>589772
only took two motherfucking goddamn years.

>>589638
if the special pipes aren't 10/10 this tour is going to be a gigantic letdown save for the freebies. genuinely debating pulling kangaroo yoshi now since we'll get lots of free rubies.
>>
Are we supposed to be excited about all tracks being city-tracks next tour? I don't even hate them but it seems bizarre.
>>
>>589762
I’m tired of the constant Gold Pipes at this point. Not like it’s going to have another new Coin Box anyways so soon after Kamek.
>>
>>589726
B, we'll probably get New York 4.
>>
>>589726
Pretty sure the path shown on New York Minute in the preview has never been used in the past. It’s like 4, in a similar vein to Tokyo Blur 4.
>>
>my phone is no longer supported
free...
>>
>>590166
Godspeed, anon, use this freedom wisely. I almost wished for my device to stop being supported but alas, the gacha hell holds me in its iron grip. At least I don't have to grind 600 coins a day until the last day of next tour.
>>
>>590166
Ironic that Nintendo now excludes those with low end and mid range phones, in some cases even high end phones from playing Tour. Yet their own hardware is generations behind the competition. Truly they are a rich kids only club.
>>
File: lakitu_bee.jpg (39 KB, 534x760)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
What happened with picrel and his swimwear skin?
>>
>>588986
This is still freaking me out, I can't play as good as I was playing because of all the shaking, I reported and it appears some people did that too but they still haven't released at least a know problems update.
>>
>>590702
the only time I actually experienced this was during a moment of REALLY choppy framerate. So if you're not on battery saving I'd go to battery saving until it's fixed

If you're ALREADY on battery saving, damn you might not have been killed by the update but your phone is still in a dire need of upgrade.
>>
>>590891
It's not about the framerate and it's the same in battery saving. Look at the video here >>588986
and see how it looks like the kart trembles during the finish line camera.
>>
>>589844
its for sure going to make 600K challenge a pain in the ass to most players
>>
I accidentally destroyed one corner of a painting in the museum on vcraft if anyone has a copy could you please replace it thanks
>>
>>591672
Shit wrong thread nvm
>>
>>591672
>>591675
too late, now we all know what you did
>>
File: Gpj2A7fi.jpg (96 KB, 461x1024)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>588890
>>588898
I've had it this entire tour even though it's clearly not how to get the green coins!
>>
>>592202
It's one of the many bugs that appeared after the update.
>>
>>592248
This particular bug has nothing to do with the update and was there from the start of the tour.
>>
Is the game still just trying to make you think you're playing against real ppl or can I actually play the game online?
>>
>>592260
There is a multiplayer mode
>>
>>592260
Multiplayer is there, albeit separate from single-player with the named bots. The game has changed significantly since launch beyond the core gameplay.
>>
>City Tour

Oh boy, time for the useless High Ends to be useful again
and for King Bob-omb to get buffed get again
>>
>second Kamek buff is more city stuff
>>
>>593122
he's being slaughtered the same way vacation mario was
>>
>>
>>593270
TWO pipes filled with useless city drivers!
>>
last anniversary wasn't anything special as well, besides the freebies and gold shy guy. we'll maybe get a decent gold recolor this year i guess.
>>
>>593291
I bet for gold hammer bro. Much more unlikely Kamek, but I think is still a possibility
>>
>>593291
Imagine if we get any new item with eight cities to start.
>>
I have a guy with 51k in waluigi pinball at rank 51 lol wtf. Only diff between him and I is that he has a level 7 gold bomb over my level 6 and got I assume triple coinbox frenzies
>>
>>593756
Seems likely. You could get there I bet with just two coin frenzies, even, and a non-stop combo. What's his loadout? Does he have the gold crane glider?
>>
>>593763
He does at lvl 6 just like me. We both have lvl 6 karts with his bring a jump and mine a booster. I just have shit luck with item rolls and AI. I just can't get the fenzues I need
>>
>>593771
I'm not even trying to beat him. I just need enough to stay in rank 51. My strategy initially was to just roll with the rank drops and just do my best but I got fucked by the new courses and whales.
>>
Did you get the pink boy in the end, anons?
>>
>>593795
yeah, last cup in 3rd. rank 18th in tier 57 now. just fuck my shit up.
>>
>>593795
double first places, consumed a lot of tickets to do it, and it was more to replenish rubies than get the yosh.
>>
Both pipes suck ass.
It's nice that they're giving Pink Gold Peach for free again, though.
>>
Oh fuck Blue Birdo.
>>
>no new gold character
so i guess its another save tour. oh well. back up to like 1400+ rubies.
>>
Kamek got 4 Xtra city courses and tuxedo got 2 more as well.
>>
File: 1632291581844.png (162 KB, 400x170)
162 KB
162 KB PNG
The only special pipe that's more or less interesting, everything else sucks
>>
>>593820
No spotlights, though.
>>
File: weegee not pleased ;(.jpg (17 KB, 307x280)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>all the new Luigi alts in these pipes
>But you got to wade through trash to get to 'em

Yup, another disappointing anniversary as I expected.
>>
File: 1632292307237.png (982 KB, 760x619)
982 KB
982 KB PNG
>you wanted something new? Battle mode? No fuck you, have fun pulling 7 new b dashers without guarantee of getting them all, asshole.
>oh, and just so you know, the one that people pull less will become the new black turbo birdo.
The people who couldn't update were the lucky ones apparently.
>>
>>593820
Look at that useless garbage, glad I'm skipping
>>
>>593825
yeah why so many kart recolors? in TWO no spotlight pipes? bizarre and mean move. especially for the anniversary.
>>
What a shit anniversary. Makes me think they’re getting ready to shut down.
>>
>>593291
Wasn’t the last one SNES Mario and DK Jr.?
>>
>>593834
No, that was the Super Mario Kart anniversary.
The actual Mario Kart Tour anniversary gave us Gold Shy Guy.
>>
>>593834
Speaking of DK Jr, this fucker got nearly all the New York minutes(4s).
>>
>>593843
And he IS a spotlight this tour... AND triple bananas were finally patched... do I dare...
>>
>passed on kamek, yoshi kangaroo and cat toad
All for this shitshow.
CUT MY LIFE INTO PIECES-
At least i'm at 225+ rubies now.
>>
Got iron cucumber from daily challenges and the classic b dasher MkII from the only 10-pull I plan on doing this tour, so I'm happy with my first day of the tour. Hopefully will get blue birdo and her matching kart at least one week.
>>
>>593928
slightly regret not pulling on kangaroo yoshi but i would have had to during the first sydney tour ranked up so its whatever.
>>
damn they couldn't even give us 3 free pulls this anniversary. fucked up.
>>
File: 1501103406349.png (232 KB, 640x480)
232 KB
232 KB PNG
>>593865
>triple bananas were finally patched
nani? What's up with them now?
>>
Does Tour support higher frame rates?
>>
>>594109
Onlly allowed 6 bananas at once -> only allowed 6 banana strings (18 bananas) at once.

they're almost as good as giant bananas now.
>>
>>594021
This is the real disappointment. The gifts are great and the shit-filled pipes were expected, but this caught me off-guard.
>>
File: 1448175226074.gif (184 KB, 216x216)
184 KB
184 KB GIF
>>594138
awesome
>>
yes this anniversary sucks but it still amazes me that the average ledditer thinks the game is still the level of bad it was at launch with that diddy kong pack. morons.
>THE GAME TOLD ME I HAD TO BUY MARIO AFTER TUTORIAL I UNINSTALLED RIGHT THERE HMPH
>>
>>594208
This. People think that the second anniversary has been disappointing because they were expecting their headcanon updates which were never promised but the game is way better than how it used to be, even compared to the first anniversary. I still remember how bare bones it was that we used to have only 1 driver top shelf, horrible bundles and just the daily selects.
>>
File: MKT_Beta_MenuScreen.png (1.99 MB, 1080x2280)
1.99 MB
1.99 MB PNG
today I will remind them
>>
>>594427
This was gonna have hearts...
>>
>>594427
How were hearts supposed to work?
>>
>>594465
if it's anything like hearts in literally 95% of all mobile trash you lose a heart every time you race, and if you got no hearts you no race.
>>
>>594470
if this game had a stamina system it would have died in 6 months.
>>
>>594271
>>594427
It's absurd how much this game improved between the beta and launch, and then again between launch and the first anniversary. It still has its fair share of flaws, but it's far and away a better game now.
>>
>>594491
yet a good amount of people legitimately still think its as bad as it was during launch and refuse to try it again. mind boggling.
>>
>>594427
P.U. Thank Christ they didn't go that way
>>
>>594492
to be fair how nintendo runs it is pretty weak.
>>
>>593928
same here, I hope cat toad will be available soon even as a bundle
>>
>>594491
>>594492
I mean, gameplay wise this games's still pretty bad. The only reason people play it is because:

1.- It's gacha mechanics are very addicting.
2.- It looks gorgeous that also makes the rewards much more enticing.
3.- It's free-to-play and unlike MK8 Deluxe, they actually keep updating its content.
>>
>>595043
i don't know what else you could do gameplay wise for a game like this. it plays like mario kart in short bursts.
>>
>do one 10 pull on the special pipe since i wanted the mini turbo boost kart cause i try my hardest to have all of them
>get it
i am never this fucking lucky.
>>
>>595066
I mean, if the nintendo ds and the freaking gba both had mk games with real racing controls, what's stopping nintendo from putting them in android?
>>
>>595096
the lack of buttons? you could argue they could add bluetooth support but i don't know if they're comfortable splitting the playerbase like that.
>>
>>590245
My phone is not compatible either. It stopped working right in the middle of the last tour. I just came to see what the anniversary pipe ended up being.
Yeah, looks like it's not as simple as upgrading to a 64 bit phone. There's like a long list of things required for it to be compatible. I don't see how they aren't going to lose a bunch of players and revenue because of it.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.