[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vmg/ - Video Games/Mobile

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 38 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: EHMula5UEAAGw1z.png (236 KB, 750x500)
236 KB
236 KB PNG
More tours incoming! Upgrade your phone or be left in the dust.
>>
File: 1626965913998.png (638 KB, 760x842)
638 KB
638 KB PNG
Jej, not even this week that actually has pirate as top shelf prevents him from being the worst driver in the game. The fanboy is super salty about it.
>>
Hakama Peach will probably be either double bob-omb or bomb cannon, I bet, to match Hakama Mario. If they give her coin box I swear to God...
>>
Peach! Peach! Peach!
>>
>>525855
Maybe Giga Bob-Omb is a possibility, not many drivers have it yet.
>>
File: EgeeO3oVoAEKkfE.png (277 KB, 758x724)
277 KB
277 KB PNG
>>525750
Personally, DK Jr has been Tier 3 usefulness for me. The dude has perfect coverage to makeup for everyone I don't have.
>>
>>525953
Bernie! Bernie! Bernie!

I miss the piranha plant item, wish they'd port it
>>
>>526059
Could be a special item when Petey Piranha gets in.
>>
>>525750
Wish this dude wasn't so keen on using his own pictures for these tier lists. The disgusting lighting and mostly static poses really throw me off. What was wrong with the damn official renders? I'm not impressed that you're using your stanky versions instead.
>>
What is the best special item to have for multiplayer races when there's no frenzy and you don't care about points?
>>
>>526092
probably lucky 7, maybe heart if you're feeling confident.
>>
File: 1626663995242.gif (1.21 MB, 619x430)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB GIF
>>526092
I go for Heart.
>>
>>526092
I like boomerang cause I like it's range to cause chaos.
>>
>>525855
>>525953
I was going to do more pulls on the gold pipe.. but there's a new Peach next tour. I guess I should save my rubies
>>
>>526233
You should save some rubies if you already have most of the stuff from the gold pipe, some people believe that we're going to get 2 special pipes next tour featuring different alts of mario and peach and/or allies from both teams, also ninja and yukata are coming back too.
>>
lmao Peach has all but one of the coinboxes
>>
>>526552
Being the tax collector has its benefits.
>>
>tfw no friends to send greetings coins to
hate that they make that part of the "challenges"
>>
>>526941
There is number of threads on different forums where people share friend codes for this specific reason, a quick internet search would reveal that. Hell, you could even post a friend code in this very thread, you lazy bastard, no wonder you have no friends.
>>
>>526941
If you see a public friend code posted anywhere, just add it. They made it public for that reason.
>>
>>526941
post it here
>>
File: think.png (24 KB, 512x512)
24 KB
24 KB PNG
I have 9 high ends for team Mario and 8 for team Peach, but I have 2 coinboxes for her and no one for him. I guess I should be team Peach then?
>>
>>528868
Before opening the app on wednesday I feel like everyone should wait at least until the youtubers/casual players start first and then we get to see what tracks will be featured on the entire tour, we won't be able to chose at the end of the day this time without missing a day since they changed the time for the score's updates.

For coinbox drivers, mario really only has tuxedo (hakama and ptp are garbare) but he's super hot right now so maybe he could be top shelf for a lot of tracks and that would definitely give him an advantage. Same if someone from peach team gets them, I think that should be your criteria for choosing a team.
>>
>>528881
>people falling for the hakama bad when tokyo is a featured stage
I think he will be somewhat useful this time.
>>
>>529013
>>528881
If I'm not mistaken, we still haven't seen tokyo blur 3r/t, I think nintendo skipped from 2r/t to 4r/t, since hakama is top shelf in 3r and 3t, I can see him getting that one too.
>>
remember to complete you red challenges
>>
got muh gold pass gifts
>>
>will be able to buy a kimono Peach with tokens
Sweet.
>>
Now team marios shouldn't complain, they'll have A coinbox character.
>>
>>530033
Will Mario get the w?
>>
For me it's not even a choice, Pink Gold Peach is gonna get an insane amount of use on her team as usual.
>>
>>525988
Would be so good if the pathing for it wasn't garbo on so many new tracks
>>
>>530033
It's great for new or more casual players, but anybody who's invested any decent length of time into this game is going to have better Coin Box options under their belt. Outside of Hakama, Mario only has Tuxedo Mario, who just dropped in a regular pipe a few tours ago, and Party Time Pauline, who's actually hot garbage even with her item. Really, it will likely come down to the effectiveness of the new points system.
>>
>>525750
what makes some coin box drivers better than others?
>>
I wish the last daily challenge would give something more substantial than a useless badge, even a hundred coins would be more appreciated.
>>531494
Coverage?
>>
>>531494
I think the guy who made the tier list said that he focused on unique coverage, like, if there are high ends easier to get or super/normal drivers in a track with the high end analyzed, the later one then loses points (the rarity is why drivers like black birdo and toad penguin are high in the list); also the number of non city tracks where they're top shelf (the reason why people trashes hakama) and how often they have appeared in ranked (king bomb gold and pgp being used all the time)
>>
Dr. Mario mobile is kill.
>>
>>532273
I forgot that existed.
>>
>>532273
Well now I'm worried
>>
File: 1627436943884.jpg (90 KB, 1189x708)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
>>
File: 1622044356307.jpg (158 KB, 870x788)
158 KB
158 KB JPG
>>532273
I'll be proud to have beaten all ~1300 levels of it (with zero money spent of course). It's very tough!
>>
>>532282
I wouldn't.
>>
At least maybe now we'll actually get Dr. Mario as a driver
>>
File: 1619058432790.jpg (173 KB, 1450x990)
173 KB
173 KB JPG
This is actually pretty important desu. Miitomo was just a shitty app, this is the first actual game to go under. It'll be interesting to see where things go from here. Mario Run next? Dragalia? Tour started out bad but now it's making bank, and it's the game represented on the Nintendo Mobile channel's banner despite FEH videos performing better.
>>
>>532273
Well this isn't shocking. Does show these games aren't immortal, but that game was grossing almost nothing compared to the rest. Really, Dragalia or Pocket Camp going down would be far worse signs for Tour. On top of that, this just means there's only going to be one freemium Mario mobile game on the market now.
>>
>>532314
Mario Run is full priced game, they have no reason to take it out of the store.
>>
Not sure how but I'm about to beat a tier 59 dude on tier 47 by over 10k points.
>>
I'm struggling to maintain 15th fucking place in tier 58 because I refuse to burn tickets on city courses
>>
>>531523
PT Paulina is filled with city courses. Hakama just has bad luck.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keo7ar8cF6s
>>
>$15 dollary doos
>>
File: datamined.jpg (153 KB, 400x510)
153 KB
153 KB JPG
>>
File: suspicious.png (57 KB, 291x314)
57 KB
57 KB PNG
>Team Peach has an entire third's worth of characters more than Team Mario
>>
>PGP isn't in either week's ranked
actually baffled
>>
>>532596
to be fair neither is metal mario
>>
>>532592
depending on rates there could be some quality here. I could really use those halloween drivers, they buff them way too much for some dumb reason
>>
>>532592
Peach Pipe is very solid. Mario isn't bad, but Classic Mario being there is embarrassing.
>>
>>532592
Now that I got my Happi Peach, I can look forward to that 50 Peach pipe.
>>
>>532614
I got her on my 2nd 10 pipe, and then I got Happi Mario from the free one. I only have 250 rubies left for the peach pipe though
>>
>>532592
Mario:
>classic
Trash, everyone already have it
>chef
used to be good but it has fallen from grace hard
>halloween
Barely any use
>Racer
Just passable
>tuxedo
the best one

Peach:
>halloween
for some reason getting a lot of obscure coverage
>vacation
good
>wedding
good
>wintertime
garbage, waifu bait
>explorer
A lot of coverage too
You should pull from the peach one instead.
>>
>>532617
explorer peach is also in ranked on the new R/T next week.
>>
took four multis, but I got both peach and mario, peach's pink japcart, and the cheep cheep glider
I think I came out ahead, plus I still got 350 rubies saved up

>>532594
mario steamrolls every team event he's in, they need to help the other team a bit
>>532607
im surprised they didn't make an snes peach and do a duo pipe for part 2 with mario and her
>>
>>532712
They never do the featured drivers twice in a row in a Team Rally. Ninja Guy is going to rake in WAY more bank, and they could just save SNES Peach for a repeat of the Super Mario Kart Tour anyways.
>>
Alright Mariobros we got this
>>
Coinbox Peach for Goldpass User

Should i buy the Goldpass and save the extra gems for the anniversary?

Is it now a good time?
>>
>>532766
If you don't have Pink Gold Peach yet, I think it's worth the price of one month for all the extras.
>>
>>532766
Gold Pass usuallly doesn’t get much better than this nowadays, so I say go for it.
>>
Team Peach anyone?
>>
>>532926
Represent. It was a no-brainer for me since Peach (Vacation) is the only only coinbox driver that I have at level 4
>inb4 none of the cups will feature a track with her in the top shelf
At least I only need 1 ticket to get Pink Gold Peach to level 4 but I hope I won't come to that.
>>
>>532755
Digits confirm!
>>
File: mariovspeach.jpg (20 KB, 320x180)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
The question is, who will COPE tonight?
>>
>>532975
Definitely Team Peach. And I'm Team Peach!
>>
>>532926
I picked Peach, I think I've picked the losing team every rally but one.
>>
File: princess_peach.jpg (83 KB, 1024x737)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>533094
>>533212
We're gonna be winrar
>>
Sigh... It BEGINS
>>
File: MLSS+BM_Art_-_Fawful.png (19 KB, 204x268)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
Can we get an RPG tour ever with characters like Fawful? Can we at least get E. Gadd? Or are they just going to keep adding costumes or "literal who" newcomers like Dixie or Nabbit?
>>
>>533403
>Dixie
>literal who
>over FAWFUL

I'm a little surprised they didn't do anything more with Luigi's Mansion after King Boo. It seems like a big waste. As for Fawful, he's just a fun pipe dream. He would stick out in a good way, but it would be hard to convince Nintendo bring him back in Mario Kart of all things.
>>
>>533403
>"literal who" newcomers like Dixie or Nabbit
Both Dixie and Nabbit are more relevant than fucking Fawful
>>
Should we be worried about EOS?
>>
>>533620
Not anytime soon. This game almost immediately outgrossed Dr. Mario World's entire lifetime gross. It's easily Nintendo's best mobile effort outside of FEH.
>>
>>533403
When they introduced Monty Mole, King Bomb omb and Nabbit I thought it would be a recurrent feature of this game to make playable unusual characters. Since November of last year we haven’t had any new character.
Honestly I was expecting Petey Piranha, Wiggler, Luma or even Queen Bee from Mario Galaxy this spring/summer.
>>
>>532617
>garbage, waifu bait
It covers the Frappe stuff pretty okay.
>>
>>533687
I would rather have all new characters over getting Mario/Peach/etc. in different costumes constantly
>>
Still another 30 minutes for the first score's update, hopefully it worked for nintendo and it won't be another awful 70:30 situation that will kill the momentum because it gets really boring after you're done with the token shop and ranked.
>>
>>533687
Who was added in November? Last non-alt character was DK Jr., and last new one was King Bob-omb nearly a year ago.
>>
Oh boy
>>
>>534025
This translates to a 58:42 ratio. Way better than previous rallies where it averaged at best 65:35
>>
File: hohoharhar.jpg (76 KB, 769x765)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
PEACHKEKS
>>
File: d5qfs82-f8bad3ad.jpg (20 KB, 320x240)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>534025
Fake
>>
>>532926
Here, it was an obvious choice with all the drivers she had on her side
>>
>>533403
After how poorly M&L's remakes did on 3DS we will never see Fawful again.
>>
>>534025
I see some people on reddit and twitter already in denial saying that tomorrow peach will take the lead, then mario again the day after and so thanks to the recovery bonus, meaning that day 14 technically would go for peach but they're assuming they will be able to take the lead to begin with. previous rallies already have shown that the loser team on its favorable day really only narrows the lead by 3-4 points.
>>
Do they not give you extra tokens for your scores in this team rally?
>>
>>534005
I thought it was nabbit, I know he was introduced in the Wild West (which happened in July) but I was mistaking it with the sunset tour (November).
So yeah you are right, the last original character was introduced back in September, not November, which makes this situation even worst. Almost a year now without a new character, just recolors and skins
>>
File: donaldduckanger.gif (397 KB, 250x194)
397 KB
397 KB GIF
>get a coinbox frenzy, regular coinbox and then 2 coinbox frenzies in a row
>somehow each time there are two Marios ahead of me collecting all the tokens
I want to murder that mustached faggot like you wouldn't believe
>>
>>534784
This is a big mood for this tour, the other team is fucking hard to beat. I don't even want to try for ranked, I'll just take the double rank down.
>>
Is reddit seething yet?
>>
File: advantage - MARIO.png (130 KB, 265x474)
130 KB
130 KB PNG
Team Mario really lucked out this tour with a Free coin box driver we can make use of.

ProTip: Use Tokyo Blur 3R 50cc + Hakama Mario. Short course, Four item sets each lap, set on autopilot for easily Token & daily coin grinding!
>>
>>532712
>doesn't remember mario was in the dk team that got massacred by bowser
>>
File: mario-hakama.jpg (275 KB, 1024x1024)
275 KB
275 KB JPG
>>535066
All hail the king of this team rally.
>>
File: 1434585460467.png (87 KB, 320x600)
87 KB
87 KB PNG
>>535066
What's the best alternative, Peachbros?
>>
>>535346
Level 6 Pink Gold Peach on 3DS Mario Circuit.
>>
When September comes, please fucking throw in Biker Wario. I'd pay for every gem I spend if Ashley's put in but I know this will never actually happen, so I'll take Biker Wario as a very close 2nd. The Diamond City track from the arcade game would be great too.

I know we'll just get a repeat tour with "slightly off-color Metal Mario appears in the pipe!" I figure we'll see Zombie Mario this Halloween.
>>
>>535697
Halloween will fall on the next Team Rally based off the Expert Challenges.
>>
>>535704
God damn it.
>>
File: 1627626837088.png (249 KB, 760x962)
249 KB
249 KB PNG
>>
>>535908
Whelp, mario is gonna be WAY ahead after this one
>>
I hate this season's course selection so much.
>>
>>535916
oops all Tokyo Drift
>>
>>535908
Both teams had a decrease in the amount of tokens per day, team peach actually went from 89M to 69M, mario from 126M to 102M, if it wasn't for the bonus this would be already another dk vs bowser situation with 60:40
>>
File: Untitled.png (13 KB, 706x341)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
If raw coins earned match this pace for the rest of the tour mario will handily win. This isn't terribly likely but the bigass lead mario will have tomorrow means the final graph will look something like this.
>>
>>535925
>>535943
I'm curious if the drop off will be constant for both teams, that could be the players response to nintendo that these event rallies suck.
>>
>>535916
It wouldn't surprise me if a lot more players than usual couldn't get to the 600k.
>>
>>534025
IT'S HIS KART TOUR
>>
>>535925
>>535952
There's more to do the first couple days of a new event also. After you clear all the tracks you're stuck waiting for the new ones to open up. Probably a smaller number of players care about the event enough to keep grinding tracks they already cleared to collect tokens.
>>
>>536264
It happened to me once with the Mario Tour and i think it's going to happen again.
>>
>>534025
>>535908
>people expected mario team to rape peach after the bowser vs donkey kong fiasco
>>
Wew
>>
>>537165
Seems like not even with help from the bonus team peach will be able to take the lead tomorrow, they will earn around 120M tops which wouldn't even be enough to reach team mario without counting the tokens that they will win tomorrow. That means peach will have 4x bonus on sunday with mario only 2x and maybe only then team peach will catch up, what a shitshow.
>>
>>537165
yup
>>
File: Untitled.png (12 KB, 706x341)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
>>535943
>>537165
The bump was bigger than predicted, but humorously enough this actually puts team peach in a better spot to win
>>
>>537171
The bonus starts today, meaning peach gets 4x tokens. By the consistency of the amount of tokens earned per team, I predict by tomorrow team peach will take the lead around 540M:520M.
>>
>>537190
all the bonus times are matched up, that x2 really doesn't matter at all
>>
File: cuck3d.png (451 KB, 479x779)
451 KB
451 KB PNG
>a King Bob-omb duplicate from the All-Clear Pipe

man, he's just not that good anymore since his gold form came into the game. Not to mention Blue Koopa stole his last bastion of coverage.
>>
Pulled a 10-pipe and got 4 Iggys. Fuck this.
>>
How's that token grind going, peachbros?
>>
>>537367
Gold King Bob-omb is the worst driver in this damn game.
>>
>need to upgrade to android 64bit
Any recommendations for devices, I'm currently thinking of keeping my shitphone and just buying a cheap tablet like the a7 so I can use the big screen to stream shit as well, btw I'm not spending more than $300 to play mariokart
>>
Emergency Peachbro meeting:
We're losing. How do we stop doing that?
>>
Creepy crawly
>>
So not even with the 4x bonus team peach could take the lead
>>
File: Untitled.png (23 KB, 616x377)
23 KB
23 KB PNG
>>538281
as I said before it's just a normal 2x bonus because the bonus time bonus goes to both teams at the same time.

Also the model is fucked up and it's really anyone's game at this point.
>>
File: looks good in white.jpg (214 KB, 956x842)
214 KB
214 KB JPG
*Ahem* i'd like to make an announcement...

PEACH IS A BITCH-ASS HO

FUCK THE COLOR PINK FUCK THE TOADS FUCK THAT TRAITOROUS BROTHER AND GREEN DINO

BITCH IS GOING DOWN!!!

thank you, goodnight.
>>
>>538291
>lost 9% battery in the course of 12 minutes

You're battery is either shot or you really need to get in a better habit of closing apps when you aren't using them.
>>
>>538295
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI11bsBHOaQ
>>
Sadly I couldn't get Explorer Peach with the last of my rubies but I was able to pull a cat Peach dupe from the gold pipe, 2 Halloween Peaches and got my Vacation Peach to skill level 5 now. Just one Peach away from having them all.
>>
File: soyjack_maddening.jpg (259 KB, 1500x1500)
259 KB
259 KB JPG
>>538291
>tfw toad is on team mario
KNOW YOUR LORE
>>
>>538399
You're right, I meant to say
>*FUCK TOADETTE
>>
File: descarga (1).jpg (8 KB, 216x234)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>10 pull peach pipe
>Explorer peach

The funds are safe bros

For now...
>>
A reminder that explorer peach and explorer toadette have very similar coverage, you don't need both.
>>
File: 1627567487063.png (2 KB, 256x224)
2 KB
2 KB PNG
Here's to the lifesaver who's keeping my ass into Tier 43 for weeks against whales without rank downs
>>
File: 1627843559408.png (987 KB, 760x1186)
987 KB
987 KB PNG
>>538665
Also a reminder that explorer peach already peaked that's why nintendo is bringing her back (same with black birdo and why she's a regular now), so, unless she really gives you a lot of tracks you should better save for a new driver or pull for happi peach instead.
>>
>>538708
Dunno who decided to have Toadette be on ranked two weeks in a row, but it's appreciated.
>>
THE GOLD PIPES MASON
>>
>>538392
I got Wedding, Vacation and Halloween out of 3 pulls. I still need Explorer too, but I don't know if I want to spend my rubies on those last 2 pulls.
>>538711
Detective Baby Rosalina and Black Birdo have the most coverage this tour?
>>
>>539196
Cat Peach dupe, now she's skill level 3.
>>
File: 1627886134586.png (242 KB, 760x945)
242 KB
242 KB PNG
>>
>>539204
>Detective Baby Rosalina and Black Birdo have the most coverage this tour?
They have 27 tracks in total but detective baby is trashy because half of those tracks are cities, and those are not even relevant for ranked (a bunch of old, R and R/T city courses).
>>
>>539196
silver bells glider IIRC
they need to stop with the fucking alts and add more new characters
>>
Does the driver/glider level even matters if it's on the middle shelf?
>>
>>539222
>I CAN'T SCORE
>>
>>539196
Cat Peach's Kart.
>>
>>539196
Black motherfucking Birdo, which I don't really need but it's a great pull nonetheless. On top of that I got Explorer, Halloween and Wedding Peach from a single pull on the Peach pipe (which wasn't even gold) I feel like I've used most of my MKT luck and from now I'm going to have a miserable time.
>>
THREE (3) coin frenzies on mario circuit T with koopa troopa

we broke through 22k
>>
>>539316
Driver, not so much. Glider will give you extra combo time, though if you have a top shelf at a lower level, that one would be more effective, I think.

>>539357
That's a fantastic pull, lucky bastard.

>>539472
Dude on my tier got 40k with gold koopa.
>>
File: mario lookin.jpg (45 KB, 317x551)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
Anyone else find themselves just trying to get 6th place in ranked and stay there?
>>
>>540065
I'm maxed out and 8th placs4hw2e.
>>
>>540068
The captcha slipped in lel

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.