[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vmg/ - Video Games/Mobile

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 14 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: zQVDzlEt_400x400.jpg (9 KB, 400x400)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
Baba Is You port was released on Android and iOS today. It's one of the best puzzle games ever made and you should check it out.

https://youtu.be/lIWCgholN_E
>>
>>489286
baba is CUTE!
>>
File: 8yix7flgvmq41.png (11 KB, 132x150)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
>>489386
>>
File: UnhappyZestyBluejay.webm (677 KB, 1280x720)
677 KB
677 KB WEBM
THREAD is BUMP

There are new official levels and level editor/sharing update coming in the next few weeks (might take a bit longer to arrive on mobile), so now is a perfect time to get started and clear the original game.
>>
File: HAZ6-R9IH.webm (2.59 MB, 532x400)
2.59 MB
2.59 MB WEBM
>>489286
I think the game is past the FOTM hype stage since BabaIsYou rarely (if ever) has its own threads. The biggest Baba threads we had were when it first came out and there was a folks swapping hints for levels and generally getting their mind blown/melted. I'm guessing mobile sales might be lower than what could have been had it released earlier.

There doesn't seem to be many puzzle games that are as good or original for mobile as BabaIsYou though. I hope the mobile game sells well and maybe the category will get more love in the future.
>>
>>496118
The update will bring the hype back.
>>
>>496149
I doubt it'll be huge but it would be nice. The current level editor is a bit convoluted but it's been serviceable so far.

Here's some level design tips from the madman himself for anyone who's interested.
>>
It like a tiny window into the creator's puzzle-twisted mind
>>
bonus tips
>>
>>489286
Stop shilling your dogshit game. I will make a cracked APK of it and distribute it online so stfu.
>>
File: Synthetic Genesis.png (111 KB, 1920x1080)
111 KB
111 KB PNG
>>498775
>they say while bumping the thread
poor bait

btw for those who can't wait, a user on the steam forums made a HUGE level pack ~2 weeks ago that makes use of the editor features. Definitely worth checking out if you don't mind new word spoilers.
https://github.com/Potatosynthesis/Synthetic_Genesis/releases

>download & extract the .zip
>drag & drop it into your worlds folder (for windows it's Program Files x86 > Steam > steamapps > common > Baba Is You > Data > Worlds
>you should see it when you go to play levels > play level packs
>enjoy
>>
>>498819
https://apkaward.com/baba-is-you

Don't buy this game, download the crack apk instead. Stop supporting Jews and self-shilling ssooy neckbeard indie devs.
>>
>>489286
Thanks for the heads up anon I bought it because I prefer to play simple games like these on the phone rather than booting up the computer
>>
>>499897
Ran this through virustotal. Nice try, bud.
>>
My biggest brainlet moment so far
>ruins extra stage
>take ages with the setup but do it anyway because I'm certain it works
>pretty sure there's a simpler way
>look it up on youtube
>mfw seeing the intended solution
>mfw I have no face
>>
>>489286
the later puzzles are nonsensical and depend on "glitches"/illogical solutions, otherwise this game was great until the ending wish was ass
if you can't beat Baba is (You) you deserve to not breed desu
>>
File: Further Fields.webm (2.86 MB, 1000x563)
2.86 MB
2.86 MB WEBM
>>507873
I lost count of how many ways there are to solve that level.
>>
>>498819
Very nice
>>
Just bought it on Android, been hype to try this but too lazy to play on PC. Should be a great way to kill time on the bus

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.