[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vmg/ - Video Games/Mobile

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 75 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: wifey.jpg (491 KB, 1300x3084)
491 KB
491 KB JPG
You WILL play PGR.
>>
i dont read rune
>>
B-but I have too many mobile games I'm juggling right now...
>>
>>405374
Give me global and I'll happily play it.
>>
I'm still mad I missed this skin, paypal had to be down at the worst possible time.
>>
>>405374
I will when global comes out. Get to work, chinks.
>>
I hope you said your goodbyes to Lucia JPbros...
>>
File: qu.webm (1.42 MB, 1920x1080)
1.42 MB
1.42 MB WEBM
>didn't cut my webm off properly
retard alert
>>
Raven feather when?
>>
>>405374
But I'm waiting for global server.
>>
You WILL be censored or not lewd/only cute and suggestive
>>
>>405374
>CN
I do not like the publisher
>JP
IP blocked, not worth using VPN
>Global
Where?
>>
>>405374
give me English First BITCH
>>
Luna v Selena and Lucia v Alpha in the next bracket of the popularity contest
Gonna be huge
>>
>>405374
When it comes to global. Forced Co-Op with bad latency is too painful for me to do.
>>
>>406546
Never
No such thing as forced coop either
>>
>>406546
>Forced Co-Op
What game are you playing?
>>
>>406546
>force co-op

I've never touched co-op and I've been playing CN for almost a year.
>>
>>406546
>Forced Co-Op
Go back to your MMOs
>>
where do you put the code they gave on the JP stream?
>>
>>406730
Code expired literally 1 hour after the stream ended jpbro
>>
>>406758
fuck, thanks anyways now i know you have to hurry with these codes
>>
https://twitter.com/PGR_GLOBAL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpbHKYVwWtM

May or may not be real
>>
>>407250
Finally OUR TIME to KILL GENSHIN.
Global NOW.
>>
>>407257
Can you not, they're not even competing. This game will have/has a small/medium following.
>>
File: 1601796351181.jpg (671 KB, 981x1089)
671 KB
671 KB JPG
Call me when this shit is on PC, then I might care
>>
>>407250
I can't tell if this some elaborate prank or not.
>>
>>407250
>>407837
https://twitter.com/Rexlent/status/1385436985032986625
It's real
>>
>>407334
How the fuck would it even work for PC? A big part of the combat is comboing orbs to do max damage. Maybe it's time to buy a phone anon.
>>
>>407995
based leviathan.
>>
>>407250
GLOBALCHADS OUR TIME HAS COME
AND SO HAVE I
>>
File: 1481569952457.jpg (21 KB, 480x480)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>407250
>no set release date for this year unlike the korean server announced a month ago
>meaning 2022 is a possible release date
I don't know about this one bros. Not sure if I can bare waiting that long
>>
File: 21.jpg (168 KB, 518x518)
168 KB
168 KB JPG
>genshin """""""content creators""""""" will flood this game next
Thats the price to pay for global release
>>
>>408084
>will flood this game next
Literally not gonna happen I like the game but expecting it to go big enough for genshin fags to flood jewtube with PGR is ludicrous
>>
>>407995
Curious enough there are still few informatios missing out, that could led to a complete credibility. But if the vip line confirms so...
Funny enough, *takes out tinfoil hat* so i dont know if i am the only one founding this reveal quite strange, since the time it got revealed, matches within the time mihoyo is getting a huge shitshow regarding HI/GI. Its feels off they dropped this "huge" ball during the whole censorship drama and mhy fucking up global players(thanks to chinese crying).
Either way, curious if they plan to release an already revised version with all the content that got censored on CN as for the new chinese law regulations(uncensored) or just copy paste the actual CN version( currently missing out things thanks to censorship).
But everyone is hyped, since you could finally enjoy a good action game with a KINO ost like this:
https://youtu.be/q2DBeby7ni8
>>
>>408094
Good.
>>
>>408105
Most likely there's a part of this that stems from market timing. But frankly if the recent stuff that had uhh "English translations" were any indicator of quality, I'll probably stick to playing on TW, and maybe log in every now and then on Global.

Then again, likely we won't even get Global until end of year so...
>>
>>408159
With all the game drama that is backing them up, it will be hilarious to watch both companies trying to pull shitty moves.
Also pgr cn revenue is going downhill as people found out how kurogame fucked off most artists and internal devs.
>>
Can't be a PGR thread without you in it.
>>
Punishing Gay Raven
>>
>>408105
>mihoyo is getting a huge shitshow regarding HI/GI
I'm not up to latest stuff, what happened?
Is it still the downsized nun breasts thing?
>>
So now that this is getting a Global release, how easy would it be to get pic? Like is she a launch character, is she a limited etc. She’s 90% of my interest in the game.
>>
>>408271
Look at vmg drama thread or the older hig topics for more informations but:
Tldr:They denied GLB players from the third anniversary because chinese players got triggered by an exclusive costume and a special mmd with myth and roid music.
So MHY to appease China, avoided releasing the whole event and instead gave GLB 500 crystal(which is fucking nothing) and Loyal china players a whole free 10 roll (for something meant to be exclusive for global and not for them)..
The Absolute State Of Everyone who still trust a company who bends only to ccp and chinese players.
Unironically during this whole shitshow, MHY was already being flamed by genshin players since they didnt fix the datamine breach(genshin can still be datamined) and fucked up the PC version of Honkai.
Strangely during this whole drama, kurogame or someone who seems to be their PR, dropped the ball with PGR global so people will likely shift when the game gets released.
>>
File: 1590141996161.jpg (89 KB, 800x796)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>>408288
You'll be waiting a minimum of 6 months after launch cause she came with the summer event. But lucky for you, she's not limited, farmable, and is an A rank so once she's on rate up you only have to do one ten roll (yes seriously, ONE ten roll) to get a copy of her. She also has a free skin so long as you login during the event.
>>
>>408174
>kurogame fucked off most artists and internal devs
Fyi, most of those artists came from GFL, better off to cut ties with them considering how much of a drama- magnet they are.
>>
>>408358
Cool. Guess I’ll be picking the game up then, thanks anon.
>>
>>408159
>But frankly if the recent stuff that had uhh "English translations" were any indicator of quality,
Please elaborate
>>
>>408363
They replaced them with diversity hires, if you think that's a good thing then PGR deserves everything it gets
>>
>>408366
Keep in mind that this was how it was handled in CN. There is a chance global could have a slightly accelerated pace to catch up with CN. If you're not going to play till then, I'd look for when they announce Chapter 12 which will have Lucia Raven Feather since summer event would be the next patch.
>>
>>408374
How time intensive is it during normal daily play, and with events? If it’s not too hard to keep up with while also playing AK I might just pick it up from launch.
>>
>>408376
It will take less time to complete dailies compared to AK (coming from an AK player myself) since instead of running a stage, waiting for it to finish, and then doing another like AK, you can use all your stamina at once on a stage. This is the same for events. The only time consuming parts are Pain Cage (4 chances a day, 8 chances on weekends) and War Zone (which are done 4x a week) and that's really only if you try hard since you'll get rolling currency just for doing them.

CN currently has some QoL changes that cuts that time a bit further for War Zone and general/event farming since you can autocomplete the first two stages of Warzone and can auto complete farming stages (with some caveats). Those two QoL changes happen around Chapter 12-Summer event as well.
>>
>>408368
Some of the promotional material on Twitter or some other social media site had presumably official English translations that were so jumbled that it was easier to just Google translate the Chinese instead.

>>408374
I don't think they'll fast track global desu, there's no sign of them fast tracking TW, and we're waiting to see if they'll accelerate JP.

>>408376
Not time intensive at all.
Log in. Daily cycle once you have hit a high enough level is do 4 rounds of pain cage (quick boss fights), 3 rounds of score attack, and eventually a progressive dungeon. You cap at 160 energy, and you get two free pots on top of another free pot that's applied automatically (60 energy iirc?) when you check logins. Burn 200 energy and you should have all of your daily quests complete. The guild and progressive dungeon won't be released in JP or global for a while, TW has only had it for roughly a month or so.

If you don't care much about the story, you can quickly skip through all the dialogue portion of the stages, the story fights aren't that hard. So finishing chapters doesn't take much time either. You can auto for regular farming stages, so that's literally tap one button and you burn 240 energy. Normally, event farming is something like, 2 - 3 minutes to burn 240 energy (8 rounds).

Event specific sequences aren't that intensive either. Typically it is more challenging content near the end compared to the story stages and pain cage, so the intensive part comes when you can't beat a boss and have to figure out whether you're just hard stuck because your team is too weak or you just need practice to learn their pattern. Otherwise, event sequences often have entry limits, so you aren't going to be grinding on it for hours and hours.
>>
>>408391
>>408388
Guess I’ll pick it up as soon as it hits global then. Thanks for the info guys.
>>
>>408391
>I don't think they'll fast track global desu, there's no sign of them fast tracking TW, and we're waiting to see if they'll accelerate JP.

Both JP and TW were accelerated, though TW has slowed down. JP is getting Raven Feather almost two months earlier then they should be.
>>
Lmao this is a fucking troll
>>
>>408442
?
>>
>>408449
>shitty evanescence “trailer” with a twitter account that only follows one other account, which just so happens to be the one person that “confirmed” this was real
You people are idiots for thinking this is actually real
>>
>>408485
I didn’t even watch the trailer, I just heard it was finally announced for global. Sucks but whatever, guess I’ll see you guys when they actually announce it however many months.
>>
>>408105
Has PGR been censored before? How severe was it?
>>
I’ve heard so many pros about PGR that this game sounds almost too good to be true, and it surprised me that it doesn’t have a massive following. What are some honest cons? Otherwise I’m really excited for Global
>>
File: 1532967895675.png (236 KB, 1143x851)
236 KB
236 KB PNG
>>408587
Also how interesting is the story?
>>
>>408586
As some other anons claimed, they removed dolls destructions animation which now is considered Gore in China.
A doll dying and destroy her self= gore, ok china.
>>
>>408587
The story is set like many other china mobages
"The story of game were centered around the post-apocalyptic world environments that were occupied by corrupted cybernetic enemies; which are infected by the virus called the "Punishing". As the commander of Gray Raven squad, you will lead your squad to fight against the infected and other opposite force on Earth and retaking the planet. ".
Now the general consensus is that the first part of the story is good, but since the recent changes on staff and drama being the queen of whatever reasons the could find. The second part falls off in a similar" honkai type " way, so its something more skin to fujio or ex- baddies becoming good ppl(be aware this is something that i cant confirm since i dont play cn, but i did read the recent drama).
The game has a good following because its carried by a to good to be true gameplay (which is their main selling point) and plays in a similar way you play arknights.
Log in do dailies /events and your done, basically spend your stamina regularly and you will be fine.
>>
>>408600
Are those gone for other servers too? I don't give a fuck about the censonship boatfags or gunnigers get becasuse it only affects the CN servers, but if this is part of the PGR JP release that's a bit sad.
>>
How meta chasing is PGR? Like, do I need to constantly use the newest, best characters or can I just stick with my favourites?
>>
>>408611
Anon here, i really wanna know that too, but i actually dont know(same for JP/TW) . They might release the same cn version with eng patch or release a revised vers with all the content that isnt censored.
But since we have only a teaser and no informations out its really hard to tell, we can only wait.
>>408615
As far as i know you can stick with your favorites.
>>
>>408615
There really isn't any incentive to chase the meta. The only places you'd care about meta are Pain Cage and War Zone, and that's only if you just want to e-peen that you have the highest score. If you just want to do them to do complete your dailies you can use whoever you want.
>>
>>408105
My favorite is
https://youtu.be/ZwZC4vlZTbI
Good fucking music
>>
>>408586
CN has the usual minor censorship to a couple outfits that show too much skin
>>
File: 1619110284638.png (116 KB, 305x303)
116 KB
116 KB PNG
So how p2w/jewish is this?
>>
Is there any fan service? A lot of the girls just look like fashionable skinny princesses :<
>>
>>409014
If you want to go SSS and up, very. Other than that, since it updates so slowly you can get every S rank that comes out since saving 60 rolls isn't too awful. The weapon gacha sucks, but you can usually manage to get that done to.

If you do start, you must pick Karen, no questions asked. Don't get baited and pick someone else with your free S pick ticket.
>>
File: 1614561350178.png (610 KB, 817x720)
610 KB
610 KB PNG
>>409075
>If you do start, you must pick Karen, no questions asked. Don't get baited and pick someone else with your free S pick ticket.

Shame on you trying to bait people when fire is garbage.
>>
>>409075
Isn't Liv better when properly built?
>>
>>409143
Honestly 気持ちよかった is probably a better pick since he can't be easily replaced.
>>
>>408587
From my understanding (all second hand) the only real issues are the occasional misstep that piss off the lunatics and events that can be a little ho hum.
That’s about it.
>>
>>408587
PGR had a terrible initial release in CN, so much so that the company triple downed on damage control and had to go on a redemption run so to speak. PR was poorly managed and PR continues to be Kuro's biggest weakness. But compared to a lot of the other games in the market (this being the Chinese market), it is generally seen as being on the middle to upper middle end of the quality spectrum.

Thing is, PGR fits a very specific niche. You like action gameplay where you commit to character and mash different bosses? You'll probably enjoy this because it's not a major time investment, and you can learn how to play competently without having to break your hands like you would for Devil May Cry - but on the other hand, it takes commitment of many shorter intervals over a longer period (pretty much the same with all mobile games). It can take you weeks to months to build up a character (from the perspective of end game content) - this is a very common "con" that different collector mobile games have and PGR is generally "middle of the road" in this regard, in part because it has a smaller roster of characters.

This is a "con" that most people can overlook, since generally speaking the characters play differently enough that you can just find a main and use them to carry you through content (I use Karenina for this for instance).

Sound design in the game is seen as its strongest department, so generally speaking, no complaints there. Story is not anything spectacular - PGR is a byproduct of a phase in the Chinese market when every goddamn company loved the "post apocalyptic sci fi disaster" genre. Art is decent, as a whole art in Chinese mobages has been improving.

Generally speaking if you like this kind of gameplay and you're familiar with it, PGR is a "safe bet" option. You could honestly just download the TW client (doesn't need VPN or Chinese credentials) and test it out for a week to see how you like it.
>>
>>409075
What does upgrading a character to SSS do? Just better stats?
>>
>>409392
better stats, unlocks more buffs/debuffs.
>>
>Honkai Impact is in fire as we speak.
PGRbro, our time has come.
>>
>>409407
It's still Chinese
>>
>>409049
No not really
>>
>>409049
Alpha has a JP skin with a thong
>>
Pre registration for global is up on taptap, with android and iOS soon to follow. Fuck everyone including myself who said it was a troll.
>>
CN and JPchads, what are the essential things to know as a new player?
>>
>>409407
This game will have the same issues if the drama is real
>>
>>409876
PGR drama is just some mediocre PR at the beginning that has otherwise been fine.
Not nearly as bad as the wasp nest MiHoYo sticks their dick into every other week.
>>
>>409878
By drama I mean the CN vs Global drama happening in honkai. Any CN game will potentially have the same issues, the CN community is nuts
>>
>wanted to try it
>IP blocked
great game you have there, anon
>>
>>409878
wasnt there a whoel thread in vmg about PGR's drama shitshow
>>
>>409874
-It's ok to use 5* memories/consciousness at the beginning but don't over invest in them.
If you can afford it, its worth buying daily stamina/BC pass.
-Like Honkai, don't bother rerolling. Hit pity first at 40 rolls, then use your S selector. You can pick whoever you want but if you're going to roll for gameplay, Dark Kamui (I think its Dark Energon for global) is recommended.
-Level your characters evenly at the beginning since nuts can bottleneck you easy. Gets much easier later.
-Play with sound on cause enemies cause some enemies have sound cues (fuck you Musashi).
-Prepare lube for Dark Camu cause he likes to go in raw.
>>
>>409889
There was, but because PGR has pretty much no global impact, people generally don't care much. To put it into perspective, PGR is generally rather stable in the Chinese market, no major shifts in either direction that isn't mirrored by the rest of the pack.

And at the end of the day, most people will at least look back at it and go "well at least it wasn't the Xipuria shitshow".

>>409883
TW server. You can find it on Qooapp under PGR Traditional. Never ran into a problem with IP blocks.

>>409874
Don't rush to buy weapons right away. You can get through even moderately difficult content with standard (4*) weapons, but if you try and kit everyone out as you get them, you're going to need to buy currency to maintain that, and realistically speaking, you're likely only going to use one core team during your start up phase.

You can grind if you want, but grinding outside of events is generally not all that necessary. You'll get pots daily, and they're on a timer, but once the event cycle starts, generally events are much more efficient for farming mats.

Play every character at least once - because later events will have you sometimes use characters not even in your roster (so if you're like me and never got to roll Alpha, I can run Alpha and live out the Vergil fantasy), and while it's good to have a core set of characters you can fall back on, knowing which units you want to avoid and which units whose playstyle you really like works out in your favor.

>>409893
Which version of Musashi is this? Cause the Pain Cage one you can do without sound cues (though honestly you might as well keep the sound on). I've never had Musashi in Pain Cage use his tornado slash (where he spins and fires off energy blades in 4 directions), but his vanish into force slash and his vanish into clone strike both have a specific 3-2-1 pattern that you can use to dodge visually.
>>
>honkai but slightly harder and worse in everything else
yikes..
>>
>>409882
There wasn't any drama when JP got an exclusive alpha skin
>>
>>409903
is it censored like honkai?
>>
>>409904
that's because the chinese bow to their japanese overlords
chinese don't bow to globalchads, see honkai
>>
>>409908
meanwhile honkai jp doesnt even have banner pity like the rest of the servers
>>
>>409905
CN is. JP and TW are uncensored, they even have a skins for Alpha with a thong on and Nanami/Liv showing pantsu along with uncensored memory/consciousness art.

>>409901
I'm talking about Pain Cage Musashi since yes you can visually see his pattern for the slash wave and strike, you sometimes lose track of him so I play with sound on since you can hear him "woosh" and when you don't hear it you know he's gonna send a wave or strike.
>>
How does this game compare with Honkai, ignoring the chink drama
>>
>>409882
GFL and AL have been censoring and they've had no drama yet. As long as global servers don't get hurt people won't fight.
>>
>>409914
Well I find the gacha way less predatory for one. Also like that I can use and save for whoever I want without caring about meta and I find the combat more satisfying. Also has a banger OST.
>>
>>409911
I think I have unconsciously trained myself to start counting seconds the moment he vanishes, but typically without sound and without visual cues I can still dodge Musashi without much of an issue. I actually find the variant with the tornado spin attack to be more of a menace, cause even if you dodge that thing and enter bullettime, his spin can keep going after bullettime ends lol.
>>
>>409914
Gameplay is roughly the same. Aesthetic is different, but that's really a matter of personal preference. Characters again, are a matter of personal preference, but because PGR has fewer characters and the gacha is on a whole more forgiving, there isn't much of a "gacha chase" at all. Sound design is typically seen as the strongest point, story is run of the mill - if you find yourself liking the characters you'll probably be fine with the story.

I find that PGR is a smaller time investment all around. Some other Chinese games tend to employ time incentives, like setting up collection timers that compel you to log in every six hours or whatever. With PGR as long as you log in once a day for maybe ten to thirty minutes depending on what you want to do and whether it is event season, you're basically good.
>>
>>409903
Yeah but it isn't made by MiHoYo so that's good enough for me.
>>
>>409935
How do you pay it? It doesn't look like it has a PC client, which is what I like about Honkai.

Does it support emulators well?
>>
>>409935
That's good, the main issue I have with Honkai is the daily time investment
>>409938
There's been chink drama with AL, GFL and Mihoyo games very recently, it's a CN thing apparently because crazy niggers can just threaten to shut down companies by complaining to the government
>>
>>409926
Yeah, I don't have much of a problem with him or Camu now but as a newfag they can take time to get the hang of.

>>409941
It actually supports emulators pretty well, its officially supported on Mumu Player where you can play it at 120FPS if your PC is good enough. One thing I've heard is that it runs really well even on potato phones, can't really confirm that since I have a more recent phone.
>>
>>409956
When I first started off, the hardest boss for me was Dark Camu. Always felt like he was in a tier of his own. Roland was annoying with his jumping around and lobbing explosives and Tifa with all her running away was annoying too, but the rest were pretty manageable. But then again I started off during Fallen Star when the only event boss that I could farm was Musashi so I had plenty of practice.

Unrelated, but it irks me that I still have one blank entry in my boss catalogue because the Assault Fortress boss was a limited time boss that never showed up again.
>>
>>405374
Yes, i'm planning to play this before JP release, but VPN cuck me hard, so i'm waiting for global
>>
>>409893
>You can pick whoever you want but if you're going to roll for gameplay, Dark Kamui (I think its Dark Energon for global) is recommended.
I'm not sure I agree, as someone who saves cards and only rolls on new character 100% banners, I feel that Karenina would be better in the (really) long run. No new fire S has come up so you either miss out and have to use the mediocre A ranks or are at the mercy of 70% banners, whereas dark eventually gets Luna (and I personally think has better A ranks to tide you over). And yeah, it's a long time scale to be working on, but it's exactly the situation I'm in a year and a half from launch because I picked Liv instead of a fire S rank.
>>
>>409834
>taptap
>Global
But why? Hell there's not even an announcement on their twitter page. PGR has to really up their social media presence if they want to make it work here. Barely anybody knows about it right now.
>>
>>410024
PR has been Kuro's weak suit all along and this has not changed since day 1.
>>
>>410024
Well I'm glad I checked the thread today even if it's gonna be a while before it comes out.
>>
>>409980
I agree, feels like he's kinda a newfag filter since you can't just spam attacks at him since he might guard mid combo. And you know what happens he guards. And you can't keep your distance from him too long or he'll do the whole "GET OVER HERE" shit with his arm.

>>410007
While you have a point, I think most people pick Kamui because he has lasting power compared to the other S ranks and fire is currently in a bad spot right now on the CN server that they can't recommend Karen. Fire characters really need to be buffed.
>>
>>405374
I'm considering about it, but not sure if trying the JP version or wait for the Global one (if ever happens)
>>
>>410068
>if ever happens
Anon global is happening...
>>407250
>>
Just popping in to check but did the Nier Automata Collab had lore for Nier? Or was it just a skin/side story thing.
>>
>>410120
Chinese wiki has the dialogue text, I haven't bothered reading through it yet since I'm waiting for it to drop in TW and I can read it then.
>>
>>408391
Yeah that's kind of a common point for a lot of chink companies
>>
What is the most coom-tier operator, I only play for coom with gameplay being a secondary concern.
>>
File: 1591425702847.jpg (2.31 MB, 1920x1080)
2.31 MB
2.31 MB JPG
I was eagerly waiting for the global announcement. The only mobileshit game I really wanted.
I hope there will be a PC client soon, I have no idea how to emulate phones and I don't want to use my phone unless there's really no other ways.
>>
>>405374
Will a Honkai player enjoy this game?

What is so good about it?
>>
>>410539
Faster action combat than honk
>>
>>410045
At the start before everything new comes out, she's fine. It takes a while for her to obsolete and because of that she's a better pick. By the time she obsoletes, most players who keep with the game will be rolling for Luna.
>>
Post your shit on Twitter, PGR. Come on now. I don't want to use Facebook.
>>
File: 1603777146105.jpg (1.22 MB, 1080x1920)
1.22 MB
1.22 MB JPG
>>410120
They obviously gave a shit about the collab, but I don't think it did
>>
>>410120
The latter, though the side-story is has a pretty Nier-ish theme going for it.
>>
>>410600
>The first warp speed interstellar spacecraft
>E-02 Babylonia.

Why did they feel the need to rename it from Eden lol.
>>
>>410667
Eden was always the class of the ship, not the name. There are multiple Eden ships, why do you think its codenamed "E-02"?
>>
>>410674
There's only one Eden class ship in the Chinese version of the info sheet, it's a plot point that they couldn't make another one in time because the project was ongoing just as the zero point reactor went haywire. I don't mind them changing things, but I'm curious why they do it. Well at least as long as they don't start changing characters as well anyways.
>>
>>410683
I was under the impression they made more but didn't finish most of them in time.
>>
>>410494
What turns you on in robot/mecha girls? The joints?
>>
>>410831
Only two characters are robots tho.
>>
>>410831
>The joints?
Unf
>>
>>410746
Having more Eden class vessels than just one actually introduces more holes into the plot. The original outbreak was in 2148, and it's been roughly 2 decades since then, approximating that current year is around 2167 based on Lucia's service record and time of activation. We know that the Punishing Virus is capable of operating in space, and we've already run into an instance of the virus seizing control of a space station during Fallen Star.

The classification of 02 implies that there was at least one other ship which was completed, unless for some reason they decided that number 1 was unlucky and opted to start naming from number 2. But no one in Eden ever mentions another vessel or any other colonization initiative. On top of that, we know that the virus is capable of repairing and restoring functions to significantly damaged machinery. If there was another ship, they should have already encountered it by now.
>>
>>410831
Actually a QRD of the lore might be good, I hear about Constructed and all that
>>
>>410831
For me its the gap moe of a machine experiencing human feelings of love and lust for the first time.
>>
>>405374
Was thinking about trying the JP servers but you need a VPN to do it right? In which case I might as well wait for Global. Also how well does it emulate? From looking at it I feel like it would melt my phone.
>>
>>411251
Emulates flawlessly, use Mumu and you can play it at 120fps too
>>
>>411288
That's neat, but you need a VPN right?
>>
>>411030
Long and short of it is that during humanity's golden age, they tampered with zero point energy and created a virus that affects both humans and machines. Human civilization collapsed when their machines were turned against them. For the next two decades, the surviving humans were driven back over and over. To fight against the infected machines, they developed robotic shells, these are the Structured.

The Structured are robotic shells with a transferred human consciousness, and combined with inhibitor technology, it made a slow retreating action possible. Eventually, people retreated to the colony ship which had been built but was never launched during the golden age. At least, the people fortunate enough did, many of the character backstories involve people who didn't, or those who were left behind, or those who opted to stay behind.

The Player is a member of the Eden "provisional government", acting as a commander (whose job is basically to be a tactical relay and an emotional anchor for the Structured - something that the heads of EDEN REALLY dislike). The surface plot revolves around slowly retaking territory on the surface, but naturally, shit happens. Along the way you reconnect with the survivors who weren't so lucky to escape into space.

Most of them have reasons to be antagonistic towards EDEN, and the only reason they aren't trying to destroy you outright is because the virus is the worse of two evils in their eyes.

Later on in the story you're told about more variations as far as Structured go, and most of it lies to some of humanity's major fuckups during their panic mode response to the outbreak and clawing for survival thereafter.
>>
>>411251
Obviously a second hand source but this anon >>409956 claims that PGR runs well on mediocre phones. Which is good cause I kinda hate playing gacha on my PC.
>>
>>411299
For JP? Yeah, apparently you need it for login.
>>
Waifupill me on your best girl.
>>
Is it Chinese?
>>
>>411483
Idk, I can't decide between Liv, Lucia and Karenina
>>
>>411492
unfortunatley
>>
>>411507
Gonna be a skip for me then, already learned my lesson with chink trash
>>
>>411505
Why are they cute?
>>
>>411622
Nanami is also amazingly cute
>>
>>411483
Can't decided between Qu or Bianca.
>>
File: 1616134489249.jpg (67 KB, 1080x608)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
At least the english looks promising.
>>
Any busty or fan service waifus?
>>
>>412105
Most of them are busty but you won't be seeing it in their default outfits(exceptions being Ayla and Bianca with their giant booba) which I think it is neat because their are fighters so going into a fight in a bikini sounds stupid. But they have alternate outfits which show more skin
>>
>>412093
Huh, so they are getting a better localization team than Mihoyo
>>
File: 1593426887032.jpg (315 KB, 620x1117)
315 KB
315 KB JPG
>>412105
we have a big tiddy cake nun
>>
File: 1608502500975.jpg (271 KB, 1400x896)
271 KB
271 KB JPG
>>412143
It's obviously chink censorship, but I give it a pass for this game because the costume design is fucking amazing and it's fanservice for me, powersuits makes me diamond
But yeah you won't see much skin. They even had to cover 2B.
But apparently if it's outside of the game this is ok..
>>
>Game has controller support
Neat
>Not being recognized by my emulator
Not neat
>>
>>412376
Not that guy but try this one >>411288 ?
Post results please, I never used an android emu before and I'm curious how it would run.
>>
Global release next week or riot!
>>
>>412593
I was using Mumu as well but it was on me being dumb. The emulator does pick up the controller, I just had something disabled. But the game natively supports controllers as well but it wasn't detecting my xbone or ps4 controller which was the issue so I had to map out my controller though the emulator, which works out fine. Still kinda sucks I can't natively use my controller but the mapping works
>>
>>412593
>>412613
Oh, as for performance it works really well.
>>
>>412613
How do the controllers handle the skill sphere things? I have a steam controller so if I play it through Emu it's gonna have to be m+kb sadly.
>>
>>412613
>>412615
Oh, nice
I guess I'll start setting up the emu as well if they're gonna release the game soon
>>
>>412616
That's the line of skills above the attack/dash buttons that come in 3 colours right? Well the line collapses to the right so I have a button set up at the very end so I can just spam that and the line will collapse towards the button, but I do have a separate button mapped on the left side of the line in case there's a stronger chain there to save time. Might try sticking a button in the middle just to see how that works.
>>
>>412624
Yeah those things. I understand what you are saying though and it sounds like about what I would do for mapping for m+kb anyway. Guess I will have to see how much I hate playing it on my phone or not.
>>
>>412240
is that girl Lucia?
>>
>>412674
Yep, Guren Lucia.
>>
>>412240
I don't think you can really bring fan costume designs into the discussion of censorship
>>
>>412240
>But apparently if it's outside of the game this is ok..
Because it's a fan design. The picture you posted is from a fan content submission contest.
>>
>>412821
I actually want androids to show their asses
>>
>>412809
>>412821
Welp, I had no idea. It's not like I can read bugmen runes so I couldn't know.
>>
I can't reuse characters in coop?
Fuck.
>>
God I hate the Amberia Lightning Shield bug. It literally shows that she doesn't have the shield effect active and the game is still proccing her lightning shield every 10 seconds.
>>
I have never played a Honkai-esque game before so I am confused about rarity in this game. Is A and S equivalent of 4* and 5*? And what is SSS+ even? And I read that there will be equipment and stigmata. Is this going to be Epic 7 or King's raid gear grind?
>>
>>412922
If I recall correctly the only B class character is Nanami and maybe your starters, not counting exp fodder since you can't use them in combat, so if you want to compare against numbers, PGR basically has no 1-3*s, and it's only 4*s (common), and 5*s (not as common).

Every character can be enhanced up to SSS+ by farming mats for them during weekly events/buying them in shop. This is the majority of the grind, but aside from extreme end game content, you can clear everything with a A to S+ team, S+ is pretty easy to reach with daily play.

Equipment is split between 4*/5*/6*. 4* is easy to get and will again carry you through pretty much everything. 5* helps, it's typically a 10 roll and you get to select which banner has increased odds. 6* is a also generally roll only. In theory you can get higher tier weapon drops through coop, in application you don't really need to bother. A 4* weapon is already "good enough" for clearing 99% of content. So the "grind" is really only for people who want to dump tickets into weapon gacha and minmax for trophy purposes (literally).

Stigmata in this game are called memories. You will get a steady supply of them by playing in events as they come up, and farming 6*s is relatively easy since there's always a stage that guarantees 6* drops every 8 runs, and alternatively you can buy them via weekly events, or just farm the normal currency to buy them. It's generally cheapest to get them from events. Yes, you can minmax on them, but again, it's entirely optional. A full 6* memory set typically takes a beginner maybe a few weeks to put together if they start during an event. If you're focusing on maxing out a single character, typically you'll have plenty of 6* dupes that you can either stockpile or recycle.

Challenge content in PGR is entirely optional. You get a neat trophy for it, but that's it and the gacha currency is kept at accessible difficulty levels.
>>
Which S Class should I pick with my ticket? I was thinking either Lee or Karenina but my heart wants Nanami.
>>
>>412959
Then pick Nanami.
>>
>>412959
If you haven't taken a look at their movesets I suggest you do, because the three characters handle differently from one another. Look them up on Youtube and see which one suits you.
>>
>>412943
Huh, sounds pretty reasonable.
>>
>>412922
you can't farm S rarity characters past SS without rolling either dupes or shards in gacha
>>
>>412994
how many characters are there and how long does it take to max them, for F2P and dolphin?
>>
>>412240
They WHAT? Why even bother with 2B and swimsuits if they're not fan service
>>
>>413099
CN currently has 31 characters, 3 of them are from the Nier collab.
Completely maxing a character doesn't take time, it takes money, because ultimately you're going to need to roll for the 6* weapon + dupes, and you're going to need character dupes to hit SSS+.

But if you're actually F2P, you're only going to care about when the character is usable for things like Pain Cage, War Zone, and Event Cycles, which is where most of the free currency comes from once you're done the story. That generally takes a few weeks during the event season.

Case in point, I rolled Rosetta (Got her on pity - so 60 rolls) this event, which started roughly a month ago. By the first week in I had her level capped, I didn't bother grabbing her weapon, and I had one set of memories readied for her to use as support, and a second set of memories for her to use as a main attacker. I assembled the base components of both sets about a week and a half in, and I started farming dupes to enhance the set, at the moment I have 1 out of 2 sets done. For pretty much 90% of content aside from Babel Tower, she performs fine. When I first started, I dumped pretty much everything into Karenina, the time constraint wasn't building up the character, it was building up my own level because I wasn't spamming energy to increase my rank. Currently the highest characters I have are SS and that's it, no SSS because I only roll during new banners.

I play once a day, generally 20 minutes to an hour, depending on whether I'm smashing my head against a boss. Currently I have completed basically everything except Babel Tower, which I honestly don't give a shit for, and I haven't perfected the overspeed version of Amberia. Rest of the event is basically all done for me and I'm only farming for more resources now while building up for the next roll event which should be Qu.
>>
Fuck. I meant to say 31 + 3 from the collab, so 34 in total, but whatever. It's not a massive cast list, and if you're just starting off on JP or you're asking for the eventually maybe Global release, you won't have 34 characters at launch, more like 15, don't remember exactly.
>>
>>413116
China is getting extremely restrictive on anything remotely fan service, it's a terrible state of affairs.
>>
>>413127
Does each character have weapons that are unique to them and only they can use? I read some guides on reddit and they told me gold 5* is enough to clear all content and getting characters to SSS+ is the most important thing
>>
>>413208
You will never get S ranks to SSS+ unless you're a whale and the minor cost of weapons won't matter at all by comparison.
>>
>>413211
Why not? Don't you get 2 shards/day? I would be disappointed if it is gated like this
>>
>>413217
Not him, but I think you're confused. Base A ranks you can farm 2 shards/day and can farm infinitely up to max rank (SSS+). Base S ranks you can only farm up to SS from doing Pain Cage, to go higher than SS for S ranks you have to roll for more copies. Not sure what reddit you're citing but most people don't go above SS unless they whale so they're probably talking about A ranks.
>>
is Alpha banner happening AT release so we can reroll for her?
>>
>>413255
no
>>
>>413269
Do you know how much time was from the release to alpha banner?
>>
>>413273
Like two weeks I think? It was the very first event.
>>
>>413273
>>413284
Actually scratch that, Alpha came a month after launch. The event came two weeks after launch.
>>
>>413284
>>413291
Damn I'd like to main Alpha but if I can't reroll for her I guess i'll just play and save for her, if I dont get her then i'll just start a new account
>>
>>413208
If you're just trying to clear content you do not require SSS+. Certain weapons have special effects that benefit specific characters to a greater extent. Chasing SSS+ is mostly if you're trying to top the leaderboards, and it is a very costly endeavor.
>>
So all of those clips I see from the game on silky smooth fps are recorded in mumu? I played the game on bluestacks and memu and I had mediocre performance. My cpu is getting old so it may be related to that but the game looks so nice on those clips/videos
>>
>>413463
Mumu is really optimized for PGR but if you're bottlenecked you're bottlenecked. One thing you could try if you were desperate is the Mumu Assistant (as opposed to the regular Mumu emulator), it's only on the Chinese site but it can run PGR as a multi-threaded application instead of the regular single thread.
>>
If i wanted to try the game for now i should do it on the TW version? Is that the traditional chinese one in Qooapp?
>>
>>414466
Yeah, I think so
>>
>>414466
Yes, simplified version is the one that requires ID.
>>
Is there any character that has Yae Sakura's chuuni too-fast-for-you move?
>>
>>415061
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ivag61NaJWI
Something like this?
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nvi6inqpmAw
>PGR actually have a proper ranged character
>and it's archer on top of that.
Rangerbro, our time has finally come...
>>
>>415121
Zero & Verity have always been my favorite characters to use just cause of sniper mode (core) on Verity and how quickly Zero can shoot arrows with her core passive.
>>
>>415061
This game is fucking fast in general
I hope there's some depth to the combat though. But at least it definitely looks flashy.. and fast
>>
>>415074
Ah I should have been more specific, I meant like this ult
https://youtu.be/gnTzgFbshec?t=19
Where she does that chuuni ass back and forth SHING SHING SHING SHING TOO FAST FOR YOU
>>
>>415241
Think the closest we have is B Lucia?

https://youtu.be/uBLrM2v5CaY?t=370
>>
>>415227
>This game is fucking fast in general
Not really, mashing buttons and spamming dodge is a good way to lose in any challenging content
>>
>>415296
Nice
>>
File: 1591664081116.jpg (25 KB, 276x265)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>415296
Kind of funny since you can't even spam dodge.
>>
>>415312
That's exactly my point
>>
>>415312
esl kun..............
>>
>>415318
>>415343
My bad, I thought he was talking about challenging content generally.
>>
>>415259
Right. Neat. Not quite what I'd have liked, but that seems alright.
>>
>PGR removed from Taptap
Not like this bros
>>
>>405374
Does PGR support more than 60 fps on Mumu? I can play this decent game on 144 fps or what?
>>
>>416035
Supports 120FPS on Mumu.
>>
>>415874
It's over...
>>
>>415874
Fuck you buddy for making me check out.
>>
File: 1603979858677.png (930 KB, 1920x1080)
930 KB
930 KB PNG
>Ascendents

Absolutely based, was expecting some machine translated garbage like most gacha games.
>>
>>416870
The word for it in Chinese really has no alternative from ascendant. Closest other word I can think of would have been uplifted or something.
>>
>>417034
You got the Chinese word?
>>
I made a mistake and rolled the 80~ pity gacha.
FUCK.
>>
When the FUCK are they removing the JP VPN login requirements? These cunts think a shit ton of people play their game jesus christ reeee
>>
>>416870
How are you playing the EN version already?
>>
>>417224
WHITTO PIGGU GO HOMU
>>
>>417236
That's taken from their twitter.
>>
>>417072
It's 升格者. If you search it on Google, the first Chinese link (https://ngabbs.com/read.php?tid=21891806&rand=330) is a discussion on a Chinese forum over whether the word should be translated as "ascend" or "upgrade".
>>
Fuck me I'm half asleep. I posted the link only because it's a Chinese forum discussing PGR, basically it's Chinese people trying to figure out what the English translations for the Chinese text should be.
>>
>>417361
Ah yeah. I can read Chinese, Ascendant's a pretty good translation. Good on the localisation team!
>>
Any idea on how well this plays with a controller? I'm new to mobage but I'd rather just play with a xbox pad on my pc through emulator like bluestacks. Any tips for newbies too for when global eventually hits?
>>
>>417732
I think you could do it but you'd have a pretty awkward time. I have nine non-directional keybinds so you can probably fit them on a controller somehow.
>>
Is there any date mentioned for a global release? I ain't making a facebook account to keep up with news.
>>
>>417750
Going by JP and TW timeline, I wouldn't expect it to launch till August/September.
>>
>>417732
Use mumu and it's assistant
https://gamepress.gg/girlsfrontline/improving-gfl-performance-pc-mumu-assistant-nebula-engine-guide
>>
>>417764
>August
The hype would have died by then
>>
>>418036
Well like I said, I'm just assuming based on how TW/JP went. It took like 3-4 months from announcement before the servers went live.
>>
>>418036
Kuro's PR has always been terrible, they don't bother with things like hype. Granted, the global folks have been waiting for something like a year already so another few months makes little difference.
>>
File: 1607579099226.jpg (2.1 MB, 1920x1080)
2.1 MB
2.1 MB JPG
>>418036
I've been waiting an entire year for this already, 3 more months is nothing.
>>
>>405374
Maybe when global comes out.
>>
>>418322
Do we get cool motorcycles at any point?
>>
>>418348
yes, kinda
>>
Shill me on this game in terms of waifu :^)
>>
>>418366
your waifu has joints
>>
>>418376
sold
>>
So from my understanding you roll your 40 on the newbie banner, then use your ticket, then just save rolls for your guaranteed 60 for events? What about weapons or the other launch characters?
>>
AAAAAAAAAAAAA I CANNOT WAIT ANYMORE!!! I think I'm going to play Taiwan version.
>>
>>418756
Imagine the alternative :^)
You don't roll the 40 banner at all and only roll the event 60 and weapon banners. Slowly accumulate rolls for the 40 from freebies and weeklies (160~ tickets per week, 10k total). Save your S ticket for 2 years until after rolling the 40 without having spent a single black pass.
10k bp saved.
>>
>>413136
Shit
>>
>>413136
>>419000
I think it's because they literally don't have an official age rating system so everything has to be fine for kids
Stupid bugmen I swear
>>
>>418894
That sounds a little too autistic for me.
>>
>>418894
>for 2 years
Is there even 2 year old in chinkland
>>
File: 1599248711332.jpg (268 KB, 1896x1174)
268 KB
268 KB JPG
best
>>
Does this game has any waifu mechanic? Like head pats, special voicelines or ring systems
>>
>>420091
Not really this kind of game
There a little house thing though and I think you can pat their SD model
>>
>>420122
It does have a system where you raise a characters affection by giving them gifts. Raising affection you unlock lines and secrets about the character.
>>
File: 1602965821239.jpg (273 KB, 2139x1063)
273 KB
273 KB JPG
>>420128
I guess they're also talking to you on the home screen, that should count as "waifu mechanic"
>>
>>420334
That's quite the low standard :(
>>
So what did they fucking do to 2B?
>>
>>420505
They're forced to covered her ass a little
>>
>>420334
Is there any characters who love the player? Like Angelina in Arknights
>>
>>405924
>>406030
Milk
>>
File: Spoiler Image (217 KB, 2340x1080)
217 KB
217 KB JPG
>>420956
Yes ;-;
>>
>>420991
YAMEROOOO
>>
>>420956
I believe most of the characters love (you) or deeply care about (you) in some fashion. I think the only ones that don't are Alpha, Ayla, Luna and maybe Bianca . Though I'm not 100% on Bianca since you do go on a date with her, Luna's coming around to it, and while Alpha may not love you she is jealous of the relationship you have with Lucia since its something she couldn't have (because of her background).
>>
>>421215
W-what about the boys?
>>
Bros, I want to start playing now but apparently CN need your social ID, JP need VPN so only TW left. Is it easy to setup a TW account linked to Google so I can actually spend money on it? Global sounds hopeless with the August release date
>>
>>421256
They're your bros, though Camu is chuuni about it.
>>
>>421283
There's an option by default to link your Google account. I use one of my burner gmails for pretty much all of the Taiwanese games I play since I prefer reading traditional and not simplified Chinese.
>>
>>421215
What even is (You)r role in this?
>>
>>421645
Self insert pandering for losers
>>
>>421645
The Structures need a tactical commander to act as their mental failsafe so they don't end up overrun by the Punishing Virus. There's an entire school set up for people like you, but not all of the students possess an aptitude for memory diving while you do (you meet up with a fellow student who lacks that ability later on, and it turns out you were basically the equivalent of the class president/valedictorian during your year).

The Structures can resist contamination from the virus to some degree with their built in equipment, but past instances have proven that without a commander, the likelihood that a Structure goes rogue or worse is moderately high. The more insidious side to the commander/your role is that you're there to deliberately build an attachment to the Structures, basically to keep them convinced that fighting for the humans is the right choice.

There are those in Eden who hate this, not because they think that it's wrong, but because they see you as a potential liability for being able to fulfill this role. But the technology to enslave the Structures en masse hasn't been properly developed yet, and past attempts to strip humans of emotions and turn them into complete weapons led to major disasters. The early tech geared towards turning living humans into comatose AI control towers also didn't pan out that well because the test commanders went crazy.

Your role is really simple. You're there to stall for time while the government works towards a more efficient solution - i.e. a solution that doesn't hinge on you and others like you. You aren't expected to win the war, and even if your direct CO appreciates your team's effectiveness, the chief of operations would rather you be his guinea pig in perfecting his superweapon plans.

Said chief of operations also caused numerous fuckups in the past, most of which haven't been cleaned up, so the mess has only spread. No surprise, you're the one who has to deal with the consequences.
>>
>>421665
>more grimdark
Why do they keep doing this?
>>
>>421922
They don't? PGR was released during a period when post apocalyptic sci fi was the major trend and everyone wanted to release either that or something tied to cyberpunk. Nowadays that trend isn't all that popular anymore.
>>
>>421288
But who sucks dick the most
>>
Is rerolling needed for a specific OP unit at the start? If yes, how easy/annoying is it to do?
>>
>>422022
No. You get a free ticket that you can use to pick one of the starting S classes. There isn't any point in rerolling unless you started during the last moments of an event and you really want to get the unit tied to the event during the 100% drop rate.
>>
>>422022
You can reroll to avoid a dupe with your first standard gacha guarantee if you want, but it's a really quite slow
>>
>>422008
If I had to say someone, I guess Chrome?
>>
File: fZcfj0IsJYm.png (23 KB, 132x102)
23 KB
23 KB PNG
>>405374

Sure OP, just spoonfeed me where to download it and a UI translation guide so I'm not fumbling around in the dark for 45 minutes before deciding to play a gambling sinkhole I can actually read
>>
>>421922
It's cool
>>
>>422022
Rerolling is easy and you should do it if you don't plan on being a day 1 player.
>>
>>405374
>You WILL play PGR.
Alright but will I also be happy?
>>
How powercreep is this game?
>>
>>422373
If you're trying to chase the top of the leaderboard, you're inevitably going to need to pay for extra tickets to roll for gear and whatnot. If you're more of a casual player looking for some activity daily and you're not going to do much beyond the events, then realistically you can stick with a single core team of characters, not have them be fully equipped, and you'll still do fine.
>>
So how is the player treated in the game? Self-insert commander that everyone loves? We don't exist? Some irrelevant dude that is just there and everyone just say hi and then ignore you? Are you relevant to the plot or is it early day Honkai where you are just canon during main screen?
>>
>>422516
>>421665
>>
>>422650
Cool but how do the character view you? I see some people say they "love" you, but is hard to take that serious without a ring system a la Azur/GFL
>>
>>422373
It's not
>>
File: 1619931303205.gif (127 KB, 720x800)
127 KB
127 KB GIF
>>422755
>but is hard to take that serious without a ring system
You self insert fags are truly something else
>>
>>422781
They're worse than cucks
>>
>>422781
>4 kids
>wife that picked the wagie life too for whatever reason
I dunno, is hard to cope with real life. Is it wrong that I want to support something that helps with that?
>>
>>423122
Then you're in the wrong game if you want 24/7 dick riding from waifus and how much they love you. The characters like you but that takes a back seat because the story, character motivations, and the fucking apocalypse virus is more important than if certain character has feelings for you.
>>
>>420566
Gay
>>
>>423122
Cope by actually giving and receiving affection from your 4 kids and wife, you absolute retard.
>>
Seems like there's no more loading screens to post on twitter, huh
>>
>>423575
Not surprised. Base game only has 5 loading screens. Two for the virus, one for the Grey Raven team, one for the Eden class, and one for the Ascendants. Every update adds 2 - 3.
>>
>>423575
>>423595
I don't think there is anymore lore to dump. Next should be character introductions. May announce a beta too.
>>
>>423601
A lot of the lore comes from the stuff in game, background stories for each of the characters, and parts of it from the manga. But I honestly doubt they're going to do an official translation of the manga and most of the manga is snippets anyways. I'm still kinda miffed that they started the Dominic storyline in the manga then it just cuts halfway - since atm Dominic is still the biggest unknown factor in the story.
>>
>>423607
Who or what is Dominic?
>>
>>423607
I thought the manga was just meme shit, or am I thinking of a different one?
>>
>>423616
Dominic was a major figure during the Golden Age and in the early days of the Vaccine Era. For reference, the manga first mentions Dominic in 2130 - this is still during the Golden Age. Current year in game is roughly 2167 if you do the math. Back then he was part of the core technology development group which pushed for uniting the Earth via the use of AI Towers, which could coordinate and facilitate logistics on a wide scale. You meet one of these AI Towers that escaped infection later on in the game. In a sense, they're like the Warminds from Destiny, except their capabilities are more vague (the Ascendants want an AI tower for themselves anyways).

Dominic is believed to be responsible for the development of these AI Towers, but after the Virus outbreak, he left the group and instead joined the front lines fighting against the virus and infected machines. By the 15th year of the Vaccine Era (Hassan is a kid, maybe a teenager at this point), he has become a "myth", because somewhere along the line he disappeared on the battlefield, and from then on there are conflicting reports over whether he's still an active combatant or whether he became a Structure. It's implied but not confirmed in the manga that he is actually still alive (the soldier that gives Hassan a chocolate bar and his black card is implied to be Dominic), and has been dedicating his efforts towards developing a vaccine for the Virus. We know the efforts partially succeed because they eventually do develop a serum (the Chinese word for it translates to serotonin compound) that can inhibit the virus.

But...the chapters basically end on a cliffhanger, and after that it jumps forward in time to some chapters with Ayla, and some stuff with the Kowloon group. I haven't checked in a bit but iirc it never went back to explain anything with Dominic.

>>423638
There was a web video series that was mostly meme stuff, with the chibis. It was cute, but not that much lore.
>>
>>423681 (cont.)
The same set of chapters (titled Dominic's Orphans) also give some explanation for why Hassan is more inclined to side with you instead of Nicolai, because the guy basically idolizes soldier types (Dominic being one of them) - and all evidence from his upbringing suggests that Hassan went through the same shit that most of the early batch Structure candidates did.

Long story short, for a good part of the Vaccine Era, humans didn't know what the fuck they were doing and were moving forward via trial and error. Things such as the serum had to be tested on live subjects - and the conventional testing procedure was to deliberately infect a person with the virus, then introduce the serum and hope that it worked. As you might expect, most of the trial cases resulted in death. From some of the backstory chapters for the characters, many of the early Structures didn't fare much better, because the personality transfer technology wasn't perfect and in some cases the personality came out "wrong" (Amberia is one such case, but she also happens to be a case of intentional tampering, because the researchers deliberately sought to turn an orphan child into a makeshift war factory consequences be damned). The manga chapters dealing with Hassan end with him and the other kids in his orphanage being volunteered by lottery to test the serum.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.