[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vmg/ - Video Games/Mobile

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 91 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: interlude_gc.png (1.63 MB, 1920x1080)
1.63 MB
1.63 MB PNG
>Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
>haven't played any rhythm games in my phone
>buy and download Muse Dash because I enjoy it on PC and have been dealing with some blackouts, so wanted something to play in the meantime
>massive delay between tap and music, have to set the offset to around .180 to match
>certain taps were not being detected, especially fast ones
>have to buy the DLC all over again if I want all the songs
>refund

Which has made me wonder if I should start looking for new phones that could play rhythm games reliably now that I'm getting close to change mine. I've read that iPhones are the best option, but I'd prefer avoiding anything Apple-branded.

What other games would you recommend? What phone models are you using?
>>
I'd like to know as well. Been dealing with lag on Cytus 2 (default note skin) ever since I grabbed it for free years ago with my Moto Z Play, strangely I've seen less powerful phones run it smoothly, shit is wack.
>>
Bang Dream was pretty fun when I played it a year back. You can play songs as much as you want so you're not limited by stamina. Rather minimal team building, and events were super casual too. It's gachashit but you don't have to buy a bunch of DLC.
I recently moved over from a Samsung S7(4 year old flagship) so I never had much difficulty running games even up til today, but my new-ish Pixel 4a5g runs everything quite well.
I think cheaper options are Poco X3 and OnePlus Nord if they're available in your region. They have the same chipset at a lower price.
If you're willing to splurge a bit, the Samsung S20 FE has a 120hz screen with pretty much the most recent Snapdragon chip available. It's quite nice.
>>
>>342052
What do you think are the the required features in a phone to be able to optimally play rhythm games?
>>
>>339916
Phigros is fun af and has no features/songs locked behind a paywall. Completely free and original rhythm game.
>>
>>342735
Any midrange and above Snapdragon chipsets released in the past 1-2 years should cover you for the next 5 years+ unless some developer somehow manages to make a rhythm game have the minimum requirements of Genshin Impact. You're likely looking around the $300USD price range, but you can find cheaper mobile devices refurbished or used.
Also I should note that high refresh rate displays are a somewhat new feature for mobile devices, and while they are obviously quite nice for rhythm games, it doesn't mean every app can natively support framerates higher than 60fps. Might change in the future, but generally you shouldn't need a super powerful flagship phone, especially when they're going for $1k+USD nowadays.
I think tablets are the best platform for rhythm games though. Price-to-performance and screen real-estate are hard to beat.
>>
>>342052
>you're not limited by stamina
I played it a year back also but there was energy. If you have no it you can't play. But it's easy to get.
>>
>>342903
>>you're not limited by stamina
>I played it a year back also but there was energy. If you have no it you can't play. But it's easy to get.
That's not how it works. There is no limit on how much you can play. The stamina system is only there for periodically increasing the number of rewards you get.
>>
anyone know where I could find a Muse Dash CG collection?
>>
>>342735
always go for flagship, but avoid xiaomi don't fell for /g/ xiaomi meme, they are fucking horrible as a "phone" the screen is absolutely garbage, xiaomi dump all their cash on that snapdragon chipset its their only selling point, pretty much their phone is fucking garbage beside that chipset, that cheap price is for a reason, i brought mi mix 2s once and it was fucking horrible, just go for samsung flagship or iphone if you want 100% great rhythm game experience.
>>
>>343787
Sorry about your bad experience, but I'd beg to differ. My own Redmi Note 7 has worked like an absolute charm since I bought it a year and a half ago. I obviously wasn't expecting an over the top smartphone since it was a midrange phone from a chinese company that was about to release the next version a few months later, but I have rarely, if ever had problems with it. It is just now that I'm playing this specific game when I had some trouble and even after I adjusted the offset, it played nicely ouside of some eaten inputs. I thought other people could have similar experiences so I made a thread about it to talk specifically about rhythm games since they're always the most tap-intensive.

Personally, I'd prefer to avoid flagships entirely, I'd never pay such outrageous amounts of money for a phone, let alone an iPhone. I'd consider a Samsung if they hadn't increased their prices so high to match Apple's
>>
>>343134
something like this? from their official website: http://www.peroperogames.com/art
>>
>>339916
There really isn't anything on the Android side that can match iPhones when it comes to rhythm games. iDevices just work. Android devices love to drop notes (blanking out and ignoring every single input for a while really sucks), often have ghost touches, have sound delay and occasionally input delay. The worst part is having a high refresh rate and touch sampling rate mitigates none of this. And on the rare occasions that they do actually work, it's only for certain games, and nowhere as good as on iDevices, and they still fuck up hard on other games.

With that said, you're better off playing your rhythm games on an iPad than an iPhone. There literally isn't a single thumb player that can FC Hatsune Miku no Shoushitsu on Master difficulty. (No FCs on Android either, as far as I know, but that's probably more of because just about every top player uses an iPad.)

t. uses both iOS and Android devices

>>342735
Not being a Samsung or Xiaomi device, for starters. They're among the worst culprits even among Android devices. Huawei is one of the better Android brands for rhythm games but it's still no Apple.

>>342052
>>342968
Project Sekai is much better than Bandori in this regard. If you fail or quit a song where you used boosts, you don't use them at all. And the S20 FE is particularly bad for rhythm games even by Samsung standards. Three updates to fix the touchscreen and it still has issues with stuff like parallel swipes.
>>
>>344122
huawei screen is pretty good even on their cheap devices, problem is, they have no google.
>>
>>344599
You can just download and install it.
>>
>>344852
unfortunately it doesn't work well, and huawei locking bootloader anti root doesn't help the situation
>>
>>344943
It doesn't have to work well when installing Google Play services or the game you want to play. It just has to work well when actually playing the game. Using something like Qooapp and downloading the game from there, and switching to another device to top up to buy stuff like song packs or gacha currency, and switching back to play is also an option.
>>
>>342736
How does it make any money?
>>
>>343787
i have a mi9 and the screen is old and supports dc dimming
the main downside for xiaomi is their software is universally garbage and you have to wait about two weeks to unlock the phone
>>
>>348253
>screen is old
i meant oled
>>
>>348253
>and you have to wait about two weeks to unlock the phone
There's a good reason for that. Xiaomi used to have a problem with third party resellers flashing their own ROMs so this was a measure implemented to prevent that. Most OEMs don't even allow you to unlock the bootloader without voiding warranty, and some don't even allow you to unlock it at all.
>>
>>339916
I have a POCO X3
I play Arcaea on it, I recently downloaded groove coaster too, much if the songs are paid, but you can get a ogood enjoyment of the game without paying if that's what you want.
I used to have bang dream on my older phone, but I haven't downloaded it since it stopped working...Is it worth it now?
>>
>>348597
xiaomi's warranty does nothing for me so it's the same
>can't unlock
this is huawei, never buy a phone from them for this purpose
there must be other manufacturers that let you unlock the bootloader without any hassle
>>
>>349011
Talking about Huawei and since I've been out of the loop for a while, are those phones not coming with Android anymore? Would something similar happen to Xiaomi?
>>
>>349011
On the flipside Huawei is decent for rhythm games. Though actually getting to play them can be a little troublesome.

>>349125
Xiaomi doesn't do 5G technology so no.
>>
>>349125
Huawei still ship with Android right now, but presumbly will move to its own fork of Totally Not Android very soon. AFAIK Xiaomi hasn't been put on a list and are still okay, since all they do is collect as much data as you as possible on their phones.
>>
>>342735
i paid 90 bucks for my used oneplus 5t.
plays pretty much everything just fine
only have to use about 3ms offset in all games
>>
Radio silence for several months, then suddenly 3 new songs on 8bS, and two of them were even back-to-back
What is going on
>>
Is Arcaea good?
>>
>>351883
I can say this as someone who has spent more than $50 on packs, it's worth it.
Pros
>playable on thumbs™
>good songs, great charts
>very clean UI
Cons
>far end of pay2play
>bit grindy
>>
I think I got seizure from playing the android groove coaster, holy shit. The entire thing loads so slowly too.
>>
Project Sekai is the best mobile rhythm game out. Beautiful graphics, covers that are pretty faithful to the original, vocalists that dont pierce your ears
>>
>>351883
I got into it recently, gameplay, charting and aesthetics are top-notch but holy shit dude
>pay for song pack
>haha hey now you have to grind to unlock that song you just paid for
>oh what's that? you unlocked it? you still have to pay fragments for it, gotcha kiddo
Also it's been nearly a month without ANY updates. At all. So good game but far up its own ass with its success, apparently.
>>
File: 20210303_194118.jpg (208 KB, 1920x960)
208 KB
208 KB JPG
>C-Show
HERE WE GO
>>
>one month wait for one song
charts are difficult pls understand
>>
>>355514
>meanwhile D4DJ pumps out like 17 songs a week
>>
>>355516
Yeah, that's what I mean.
>>
>>355749
Meanwhile T7S would be lucky to get one song per month. Right now it's an endless cycle of rhythmic arena, we are sisters, and allstar medlive events.
>>
>>353293
What's the monetization like?
>>
>>356181
Never played a gacha rhythm game? The songs are free because they squeeze whale money with girl pngs
>>
Normal rhythm game:
>Ads galore
>Paywalled songs and more in-your-face freemium bs
Idol rhythm game:
>Technically "free" but sublimely compels you to waste your time/money to keep up with the latest cards and buy merchs through waifufaggotry
Pick your poison
>>
>>356298
That sounds nice. Thanks, giving it a try.
>>
>>356331
Imagine if there was a rhythm game that combined the benefits of both. How would it work?
>>
>>356298
There are guys in that game too and they're all insanely popular.
>>
>>356453
Gacha games used to have bad and dull gameplay, but Project Sekai raised the standard very high.
>>
>>356477
How is its gameplay compared to Bandori and T7S? And D4DJ?
>>
>>356586
Same as bandori really but slide notes don't feel like crossing a rope on a unicycle 100m above ground
>>
>>356594
Bandori's slide detection is that terrible?
>>
>>356622
The touch detection is fine, but there's little margin of error if your finger goes outside the slide.
>>
>>356586
i'd say project sekai is the best rhythm game atm
gameplay is tight and the charts are really good
runs really well too, unlike western shit rhythm games
>>
>>358091
Most of the non-gacha mobile rhythm games that run well are Asian though (Taiwan, HK etc). Arcaea (UK) is a notable exception but it runs really well too.
>>
>>356594
What about the other games? From my impression Project Sekai is only more popular than the others because of vocaloids, and not the gameplay.
>>
>>344122 here. Update: someone finally managed to FC Shoushitsu on Master with thumbs. I'd still recommend an iPad over an iPhone, though.
>>
File: 20201217_195702.jpg (49 KB, 1088x603)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>358443
Yeah that's fair. Vocaloid definitely brings in huge playerbase, but the game devs also put in really great gameplay design and charts. I would say right now Project Sekai is comparable to the likes of Cytus 2, Arcaea, and Phigros.

Bandori is the earliest idol game that brought in "proper" rhythm gameplay. It was way ahead of Deresute and LLSIF, and T7S back then still had horrendous cookie clicker gameplay. It was the first game that tried to emulate Chunithm and they did that decently, albeit rather minimalistic by today's standards. Later on T7S improved that, and Project Sekai perfected that. Nowadays Bandori's charts feel dull, but they are going to bring in Project Sekai's gimmicks so the prospect looks good.

D4DJ is closer to SDVX mobile port plus turntable gimmicks, and somehow it works. The charts in general feel less spammy but more technical. I would say it has higher floor than Project Sekai, but lower ceiling (Master Spark vs Disappearance, for example). Personally I prefer D4DJ over Project Sekai because I like EDM more than Vocaloid and I hate release timing so much. Not to say D4DJ does not have any problem (slides and slams detection, to name a few), but I am more comfortable playing D4DJ.
>>
>>358635
I really wish the input complexity was more than just 2 finger touch and flicks. Limitations of the touchscreen and all that yeah but we've had 10 finger touch for years now.
>>
>>358659
>Limitations of the touchscreen and all that
It's not that. It's that they want the game to remain playable for thumb players.
>>
dumb complex fan charts can fuck off too
>>
>cytus 2
>good
>>
>>358659
Pretty much what >>358667 said. Phone users playerbase is magnitudes larger than tablet users, so if game devs choose to focus on phone playability, you can't really blame them.
If you want games like that, there are Phigros, Lanota, Takumi, IIDX Mobile, etc.
>>359018
What's wrong with Cytus 2?
>>
>>359082
Not him but I imagine that his problem is with outdated gameplay.
>>
>>359298
what is outdated gameplay?
>>
>>359387
Currently it's "anything that isn't laneshit". Can't be helped though.
>>
>>339916
Sound Shooting!! is nothing but pure soul.
>>
>>348248
donations
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9F0oop1h8QI
It's Triple Threat + Stratoliner. Also 4th anniv sale but whatever.
>>
>>339916
any recommdations on OFFLINE RHYTHM games here PLS
device : S7 EDGE
also is sekai project good?
>>
>>360522
Poor sound quality
>>
>>361367
While true at first, early on after you level up enough, the shop will open and you can use data you earned by completing songs to improve the quality of the media.
>>
>>361214
>any recommdations on OFFLINE RHYTHM games
Phigros and Sound Shooting are p good
>>
>>361390
>sound quality behind levels
what the fuck?
>>
>>361214
>device : S7 EDGE
Samshits are terrible at rhythm games. Get another phone. Maybe a Huawei but an iPhone is preferred.
>>
Is there any gacha rhythm game that's more generous than T7S when it comes to misses? Like they're encouraging even scrubs to try out those ridiculously hard songs because they can just stack tension cards with high HP. Most of them give you a fixed 1000 life or equivalent and even a bad eats up more than what a miss in T7S eats up.
>>
>>356331
Ads galore is no longer the case ever since the original Cytus was converted into a paid game and the the free-with-ADs version was canned
>>
>>361693
>instead of having ads let's just paywall everything!
And people wonder why idolshits got so popular.
>>
>>361699
Idolshits as you say become popular for the idols first and foremost, take it from an ex-player from one of those games (Im@s Starlight Stage)
I joined the game for the huge song pool but by the time you've played with all the songs and event format repetition starts kicking in, you start to realize how the rhythm game part is more of a side dish to the idol-collecting shenanigans, especially when you're asked to use a shitload of stamina plays and inflate your scores if you ever want to rank decently high
>>
>>361703
They didn't have "proper" rhythm gameplay back then, so they weren't as popular among the rhythm game community prior to Bandori. There were still a few holdouts even then but they've mostly been converted after Project Sekai came out. All this while allowing you to play all the songs without spending a cent.

I'll give that the events get boring as fuck sooner or later. But non-gacha rhythm games don't even have those kinds of events to begin with so you get bored of them even faster.
>>
>>361712
If you prize being F2P first and foremost, idol gachas and all the osu! ports out there are the only rhythm games you'd ever enjoy, and it's fine if you see it like this; I myself just don't want to drown into some kind of an "obligation spiral" with a mobile game that just bores me down each and every passing day to the point of not wanting to play with it anymore, especially when gacha collectibles are prioritized over making challenging songs most of the time. Back with Starlight Stage, barely a hand is enough for me to count the really hard songs in that game if I want to go through an intense challenge for the sake of it, and that doesn't stop to top-difficulty songs alone.

That said, closing off the alternative entirely because of the cost/unliked monetizing format can restrict you from newer experiences in the genre. I'm probably going to try that Touhou Bandori gacha as well when it comes out, even if I expect sort of a similar experience to Idolm@ster coming out. At the end of the day it's all about the songs and the charts, and personally I don't mind forking some cash on it (mostly on discounted periods, if any) if I like what I'm seeing and not getting pressured to play every time in the pressure of "missing out on stuff" or something.
>>
>>361718
I don't have an issue with it personally, but I've seen far too many people bitch about how jewish non-gacha rhythm games have become (even more so than before, anyway). Though at the end of the day, both types of rhythm games have to make money somehow.

And being one of the older gacha rhythm games, I don't quite expect Deresute to have many actually difficult charts, either. You have to look at the newer games for that. A complete overhaul of the rhythm gameplay works too, but very few games bother to do that.
>>
File: 1577392261299.png (2.5 MB, 1600x800)
2.5 MB
2.5 MB PNG
>>361724
you haven't seen jewish until you've seen pic related's series as a whole
the ongoing mobile game has like, 40ish unlockable free songs and every othet one has to be bought in 5$ packs; Switch game in pic is even worse as a 60 bucks digital-only game with 15$ monthly DLC pack releases of 10 songs each
>>
I bought nearly everything in Arcaea at non-discounted price (only missing 17 songs from memory archive) because I'm a rhythm game autist, but I don't even like its music selection that much. Bandori, D4DJ and PS are truly a godsend.
>>
>>361724
>You have to look at the newer games for that. A complete overhaul of the rhythm gameplay works too, but very few games bother to do that.
Mirishita started service couple months after Bandori and it still has cookie cutter gameplay. It's even worse in SIFAS. Enstars, A3, Haniwa, they are all very generic and not worth trying.
>>
>>362045
I was more of referring to the likes of Project Sekai and D4DJ. Like, really new games. Even after Bandori came out few other rhythm games took the rhythm gameplay seriously; other than the ones you mentioned, Tokidol and 22/7 were two others that didn't bother.

Actually, since we're talking about challenging songs, Bandori's 六兆年 only came out last year, and since Special difficulty actually isn't harder than Expert difficulty, we can't really say that Bandori actually bothered with challenging songs. And T7S didn't have a single *21 until Heaven's Rave came out in 2019. (And only Expert difficulty. Everyone's still waiting for Legend difficulty for that song.)
>>
>>362145
Well, newer game does not mean better. Hypmic and AASide came out in 2020 but they are more of MV players than rhythm games.
> we can't really say that Bandori actually bothered with challenging songs
In their defense, they are going to bring in Project Sekai's slides and flicks to Specials. It would be great if they just revamped the whole thing but at least that is a nice move.
>>361634
D4DJ has autoplay mode, but if you insist on playing, the monthly battlepass gives you extra health on top of heal skill from cards. No P-locks, though. Speaking of which, Deresute's skill combination is disgusting, so that with perfect setup of healers + P-locks, you can get virtually autoplay mode.
>>
>>361214
Cytus 1, has like 200 songs, but it's paywalled.

I remember cracking it back in the day but couldn't repeat it on my new phone.
>>
>>362526
Newer does not mean better, yes, but better means newer. As in, it has to be a newer game to have better gameplay and more challenging charts, but being newer alone does not guarantee being better.

>they are going to bring in Project Sekai's slides and flicks to Specials
It's not like the 5 or so Special charts that will have these mechanics are going to be any harder than the other Special/Expert charts, though. They're just going to be "different, but equally challenging".
>>
>>362526
>D4DJ
>eats 80 tension per bad and 100 per miss
>meanwhile just stack healers in T7S and you can literally survive any song with 80 misses/160 bads on Expert/Legend and even more misses on lower difficulties
Though yeah, I forgot about Deresute and its autoplay teams. Shit is so cash.

>P-locks
That only applies to judgement up skills that actually guarantees increasing the judgement level to Perfect. Not all do.
>>
>>361408
I know it's bizarre. The whole game is bizzare. Its a shoot em up and a rhythm game all in one. But that's one of the reasons it has soul, that and its artwork
>>
>>361514
>samshit s7 edge
>amoled and have resolution bigger than all the phones on the market even the high end ones
>>
>>362657
crack it ?
like with lucky patcher ?
>>
>>362819
For any other game it'd be good but for rhythm games it's terrible.
>>
>>362820
Nah, just good ol' copypasting obb folder and shit, plus a special apk.

I dont know what works nowadays though.
>>
>>362821
why though?
is it something about response time ?
>>
>>362829
i see, thx for the tips
>>
>>363364
See >>344122
>>
File: 21012204502831.jpg (143 KB, 1024x576)
143 KB
143 KB JPG
Has anyone tried pic related?
>>
>>356331
There's also another difference, in the song list. Non-gacha rhythm games tend to prefer songs without lyrics, although there's nothing them from adding songs with lyrics. Gacha rhythm games have a heavy focus on the characters' voices like many other gacha games, so their songs are overwhelmingly those with lyrics, and the voices are done by the characters (or rather their seiyuu), and any outside songs are covered the same way as well.

Enter D4DJ. D4DJ is just about the only exception as while the DJs can sing, they don't need to, so you not only get D4DJ originals and their covers of non-D4DJ songs, you also get songs without lyrics, BGMs, and even songs from other franchises that don't get covered at all, such as Hibana. Putting it another way, calling D4DJ an "idol rhythm game" would be insulting it. No idol rhythm game has anywhere as much leeway in the song list as D4DJ does. (I don't know of any non-gacha rhythm game that bothers to put in BGMs, either.)
>>
>>363592
although there's nothing stopping them*
>>
>>362829
found those modded files around while searching for a solution for the incompatibility with new android devices, fixed now tho.
https://youtu.be/okA6TgQ1vto
>>
>>363364
Don't get fooled, it's just devs focusing more on the apple side, they don't give a shit about android.
>>
>>363636
There's that too, yeah. It doesn't help that there are many, many more devices to deal with on the Android side compared to the handful of iDevices.
>>
>they unironically threw 1 paid song, gave you a timelocked .jpg to farm for and apparently that's enough for the game's anniversary
Ugh why did I get into this game?
>>
>>363592
This is the same mental gymnastics with how the bandtards claimed that they're superior because >muh bands not idols. At the end of the day the main selling points are the girls and the merchs, their out-of-touch choices of boomer cover songs doesn't necessarily mean that they're different.
>>
>>364138
If anything, I consider bands inferior because most of the time it's just one person singing and everyone else only plays instruments. It's anathema to a genre with a heavy emphasis on the characters' voices. This was why I could never get into Bandori. Only one person per band gets the spotlight.

Of course, one-person bands are the exception because there's no one that doesn't get the spotlight, but Bandori doesn't have that.
>>
>>363641
>>363636
i mean there are excellent android phones with great screens/display, but i think its about optimizations maybe?
>>
>>363634
thx anon
>>
>>364192
For rhythm games in particular having a near perfect touch reception is by far the most important factor, and most Android phones struggle with that. A good screen/display looks good but that's it.
>>
>>364203
>perfect touch reception
what define a perfect touch reception?
>>
>>364210
No touch latency. No ghost touches. No dropped notes. Android devices fail on all these.
>>
>>364651
Touch latency is a meme. Just turn off tap sounds and adjust the calibration setting. I have been doing this shit for years.
>>
>>364651
i dunno man
>>
>>364740
That only works if the touch latency is regular. Android devices often have irregular touch latency. And the other two problems still exist.

>>364826
Just get an iPhone.
>>
>>364835
>just get an iphone
easier said than done
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdmKKndg7cU
New rhythm game, looks like Phigros copy
>>
>>364883
https://youtube.com/watch?v=uBytJfnkJec
>"That" song is already there too
I dread to imagine playing this with my thumbs
>>
>>366017
It's not Shoushitsu or Freedom Dive, you should be fine.
>>
Heads up, my xiaomi updated to android 11 and now project sekai, bandori and the like run fine on it.
>>
>>367163
What model? I have a Redmi Note 7 and am still on Android 10.
>>
>>367448
Mi 10T
Also I take back what I said about bandori, after further testing the touch latency is still beyond fucked, the only thing that's fixed is the lagspike from hitting yellow notes
Project Sekai works great though, almost cleared Teo on master with thumbs today
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJpA2__3_R0
It looks vastly improved from normal EX/SP charts, but would be nightmare of hold misses.
>>
>>367501
Alright, did some tweaking on game turbo and bandori is pretty playable now, but slide notes are still fucking cancer, could be that I'm just rusty though. Still, they shouldn't really be as sensitive as they are right now, shit's harder than putting a thread on a needle. I might do more touch input tweaks and play around with ingame calibration and see how good it can get.
>>
File: imagen_2021-03-18_193415.png (3.58 MB, 2278x1280)
3.58 MB
3.58 MB PNG
Im not a fan of the facebook thing characters
but I guess if you like queen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AlrGDSOMqw
>>
>>367573
Reporting back. It works pretty well now. Looks like I'm picking this one back up as well.
>>
>>367516
>but would be nightmare of hold misses
Not really, same deal as project sekai's holds, those are much more lenient than the zigzagging shits
>>
>>367516
>>375927
How do Bandori's holds work? Do the holds have to be within the width of the long notes for the entire time otherwise you get a miss for the rest of the long notes?
>>
https://twitter.com/Vocaloidplush/status/1373819722907717633?s=19
>>
Wish I could get gud. Thumbs don't fail me.
>>
Someone redpill me on phigros. Is the game even legit to begin with?
>>
>>376763
It's free, just try it yourself.
>>
File: IMG_20210325_082222.jpg (930 KB, 2400x1080)
930 KB
930 KB JPG
>>376609
I just got my fifth 10 clear. You can do it anon.
>>
>Played rhythm games too much
>I suddenly got a constant sweaty palms problem, the notes just randomly slip past unless I played with a rubber band on my finger
Time to take a break and play something else like fall guys or fortnite, I guess
>>
>>377184
Eh, it's actually cleaner and more polished than I thought even if there are lots of uneven charts and artworks in some places (especially that chinese flash MS paint song). It's completely free with no ads or stamina too just like my idolshit
Overall I'm having a blast with it. The flick notes coupled with the moving/blinking judgement lines are killing me though. Also, the pause button is almost impossible to press.
>>
>>344122
as a person who also has both iOS and android OS devices i can attest to this. the thing that people dont know is that games and apps in general that are released on the iOS version have more support and better optimization than its android counterpart, its because literally all apple devices only use 1 OS and its the iOS which makes the life devs a loooootttttttt more easier. android on the other hand have so many different versions depending on the manufacturing brand, and this makes things complicated for app devs to support and make optimizations for each specific brand devices
>>
>>382172
>thumbs too dry
>fail to perform flick notes and slide notes
>>
Why does tapsonic top get no respect? It's much more thumb-friendly than arcaea.
>>
>>387476
Arcaea has that thumb crosses gimmick so it's seen as more difficult. It's like other non-gacha rhythm games might as well not exist.
>>
>>387476
Korean rhythm games in general, to be fair. Tapsonic series, Overrapid, KALPA...
Not O2Jam though, that one is bad and only rides on past branding. What a shame.
>>
>>387768
I've heard aboutTapsonic and KALPA,but what's Overrapid?

Also on the topic,anyone here know when and why Hachi Hachi died?Didn't play it personally,but I downloaded it out of curiosity from Apkpure while looking for something to play and the dev notes didn't mention anything about shutting down servers even if they were from 2018.
>>
>>388172
It's simpler copy of Tapsonic, don't sweat it
>>
File: LittleD-Still.png (53 KB, 250x250)
53 KB
53 KB PNG
>>339916
I actually have a Redmi Note 7 Pro and Im playing Dynamix on it. Check it out, it runs pretty fine and has event songs every week I believe. You reach a level cap and need to pay if you want the rest of the songs, but I think it is worth it. Here is a video of some pro guy playing my fav song: https://youtu.be/Shh6rAa_YQM
>>
>>344122
I disagree, I use a pixel 3 and deemo, cytus 1 and 2, deemo reborn, arcaea, lanota, voez, groove coaster, tone sphere, bang dream, and everything else works fine
>>
>>343787
newest Xiaomi phones are over $800 USD and still showing full-screen ads in Android homescreen. I knew faggots asking in /g/ how debloat xiaomi' software
>>
>>392168
>and still showing full-screen ads in Android homescreen

Since when has that been an issue? My Redmi Note 7 never gave me any kind of ads and only a few days ago I finally decided to debloat it. Could it be country or carrier related maybe?
>>
>>343787
>>392168
Both Xiaomi and Samsung are riddled with ads. The difference being you can remove Xiaomi's ads but not Samsung's.

And with respect to mobile rhythm games alone they're two of the worst choices you can go for.
>>
>>392233
What would be a good recent phone for rhythm games?Recently downloaded Project Sekai on my Redmi 5A and I've barely managed to get past the tutorial song,now I'm just collecting dailies on it until I get a new one this week.I've got 800 $,the only requirements are no bloatware and no dropped inputs.
>>
>>392365
Only an iPhone fits the requirements. But any iPhone would do. The best on the Android side would probably be a Huawei phone, but EMUI isn't for everyone.
>>
>can I add you on bassbook lol
the hell is this cringe zoomer muzak
>>
>>392365
>>392367
Game works fine in Mi 10T, I can even get all perfects, but that's after the update which upgraded the phone to android 11, before that the game was unplayable.
>>
>>393561
At least we get the good song for free
>>
>>364651
Where do you even get this shit from? Been getting x rank on dynamix no problem on my pixel 4a and that's without practice or experience playing mobile rhythm games
>>
File: screen-20210410-082514.webm (1.06 MB, 1080x1920)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB WEBM
>>364651
Wow such latency
>>
>>393561
Muse Dash collab soon.
>>394180
IMO Piano feels undercharted, like an 8 chart. Another chart reserved for map climbing.
>>
>>394180
Yeah I can hardly complain about that

>>394319
It's way easy for a 9, yeah
>>
>>394281
He's part of the applel cult, just ignore
>>
>>394462
So is every single top player. Chances are none of the 918 people who got AP for Shoushitsu on Master difficulty did so on an Android device.
>>
File: 17558876567646.jpg (34 KB, 476x486)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
If you play the games on a tab, is it cheating?
>>
File: IMG_20210412_020258.jpg (956 KB, 2400x1080)
956 KB
956 KB JPG
Finally a 10+ clear.
>>395713
It's not cheating, just that your floor should be much higher than thumb players. I'd say AP Senbonzakura minimum.
>>
>>339916
>>343787
>>344122
y'all just suck
https://youtu.be/nUn0PDEK9Fk
>>
>>395713
No, imo it's the proper device for most rhythm games, especially iPads. Dunno about android tho, but the first guy to achieve max score and accuracy on the hardest lvl in Cytus used a samsung tab
>>
>>395864
>the first guy to achieve max score and accuracy on the hardest lvl in Cytus used a samsung tab
Yet he can't even FC shoushitsu
>>
File: ct.png (1014 KB, 1072x1080)
1014 KB
1014 KB PNG
>>339916
>>343787
>>344122
>>395861
Adding to the discussion above

TP focused xiaomi player here.

Really, all you need to do is disable hitsound,
adjust the calibration correctly and sync your tapping sound to the music. Then have all the fun in the world
>>
>>395861
>>395925
It's not even the hitsound that bothers me since for me it's just an indication that the note actually registered and I rely almost entirely on sight anyway. My problem is more of the notes dropping all the time, even during holds.
>>
>dropped notes meme
This shit again?
>>
My thumbs move faster with the sound off and feels like a huge improvement, is it just me? am i a brainlet?
>>
For me, it's Tapsonic Top for the loli designs and tons of free music. I love the rotating Grand Prix system and its been fun seeing my placement in the rankings go up over time.

Arcaea just feels the best. Its incredible when the 3D gimmick works. But the limited selection of music and the grindiness makes it kind of feel like a rip-off after about 20-30$. Locking the cheapass story text walls behind a paywall is also obnoxious.

I just picked up and dropped Bandori in record time. It doesn't feel good to play. The shitty tamborine hit vibration is weak and the timing/placement on the slide and hold notes feels wrong. The character designs all look samey to me, and there's way too many SOL cutscenes that I really don't care about. It seems like its coasting off its cover library and production value.

Just picked up Kalpa. The vibration effect on hit feels really good, and I really like some of the character designs, but the overall presentation feels lacking. I'll probably play a bit more of it, but probably won't go in deep.

And if you play Muse Dash on anything besides PC, you got ripped off.
>>
>>396606
>Bandori
Project Sekai is better in every way anon
>>
>>396441
That's just practice, anon. Ideally the songs should never be detriminal to the charts since they complement each other timing-wise.
>>
>>396995
Music is a downgrade unless you're a diehard vocaloid fan
>>
Has anyone played IIDX mobile? I don't know how they connect a controller to it
>>
>>397804
Anything is an upgrade over Bandori's mediocre originals and terrible covers.
>>
>>399752
Octopus works for controllers, but that begs the question, for that much of effort, why don't just play in on PC (LR2 or Infinitas)?
>>
Might be a reach but-
Does anyone have any sources on good posture for rhythm game playing? I grinded a lot with thumbs today and am having some pulsating pain in the middle of my lower right arm

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.