[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vmg/ - Video Games/Mobile

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 59 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Discuss Clan Wars 2, improvements, share decks, find good clans
>>
>>257764
i miss this game
havent played it in a few years
is it still good? better? worse? than say in 2015/2016.
>>
Needs to die already.
Give the mechanic of the game to a good company.
>>
>>257764
Thank fuck they finally nerfed Barb Hut. Shit was annoying to go against.
>>257797
Depends on who you ask. If you haven’t played in a few years I can imagine you’ll get plenty of enjoyment out of the cards that have released since then. Clan Wars 2 was the biggest thing released recently but it’s pretty shitty.
>>
I enjoyed it as a casual. 2vs2 is pretty fun albeit extremely unbalanced. And I won 80%+ games 1vs1 as a noob with my goblin spearman hut deck.
But I never paid for this game thus never bothered to create a google play id or supercell id and when I logged back in today they reset my account to tutorial jungle.
So... fun game while it lasted but deleted it now
>>
File: 1608249730560.jpg (1.5 MB, 1080x2400)
1.5 MB
1.5 MB JPG
>>257764
I'd love it if they left classic challenge inside wars or something like that, just so players with lower levels had more chance to win. Also, got 7k with 2.9 mortar cycle around half a year ago, sold my account and trying again with 2.6 mortar cycle but I need to max it first.
>>
>>257764
join scrottum hatt
>>
Looking for clan, usually in high challenger 3, friend most likely will also join. Thanks
>>
how bad is hog cycle now?
I want to start playing again, that deck got me to challenger 2
>>
>>266539
why mortar over xbow
>>
I recently reinstalled this game I can still get addicted to it but the cycle keeps shortening and I haven't even bothered to join a clan the past two times I don't know why the fuck I bothered buying the stupid pass
>>
Rate it
>>
>>269488
Mortar is a really underrated win-con; it's strong in the hands of a good player.
>>271233
Bad deck; no win-con. You should try to explore some meta decklists that you would want to play.
>>
>>271233
try replacing goblin hut with giant or hog, and you should be fine, personally I would replace baby dragon with fire ball as well to chip
>>
Rate this, two year old or older deck I’ve been using to climb ladder, used to be log instead of arrows
>>
>>272317
Gay
>>
>>258516
>Thank fuck they finally nerfed Barb Hut
>>269452
>how bad is hog cycle now?
makes no difference at all, the more you lose the closer you are to winning rinse repeat, the balance changes are ridiculous in a rigged game
>>
Did they fucking deflate the trophies? I'm only meeting lvl 11 players in the 4300-4400 trophy range.
>>
How can you gain trophies if on average you lose/win 30 trophies. Doesn't that mean everyone should hover around 0 trophies?
>>
How to sell your account safely and how much can you get for a lvl 1 acc with all cards unlocked and a lvl 13 with about 20 cards maxed and 4.5 million gold saved?
>>
>>276429
You can't drop lower than trophy gates like 4000 trophies. Thus losing players at those ranges will generate trophies for the other player (plus there are bots below 4k trophies).
In hindsight the trophy inflation wasn't that bad. With the current deflation, lots of overleveled players are stuck at even lower trophies, hindering progress even more.
>>
INFLATE TROPHIES AGAIN PLS
>>
>>272317
Fine I guess.
>>
Just unlocked mega knight. Such a fun card. Just snash it down and see them panic trying to react to it
>>
>>257797
Did you play during Goison, Ebarb, Mega Minion, Night Witch formats?? Then it's probably more balanced and a bit better, if you played outside those formats I'd say it's equally fun, but probably now it's more R/P/S than before.

Now the game it's now more f2p "friendly" and gives away much more stuff, but certainly that doesn't comes "for free", the dowside it's now you need a maxed deck (And up to 4 maxed decks, AKA 32 maxed cards) to remain at least competitive. If you are level 11 or keep cards below level 12, prepare to be obliterated by maxed players.
>>
File: dollar.png (304 KB, 1480x832)
304 KB
304 KB PNG
>>266539
> sold my account

$$$$ ??
>>
>>269488
I was always f2p, so why not choose common instead of epic?
>>282143
$80, I shouldn't sell my account but I thought I won't play CR again.
>>
>>272317
Where's your win condition? You have no way to win against spell cycle, hog cycle, clone and few more. I'd replace ice wiz with giant or something.
>>
Are there any other ways to obtain certain emotes other than spending 250 gems? I really want a few specific ones, but 250 is expensive. If they were 100, I would buy em.
>>
>>292569
challenges sometimes
>>
>sick of being matched against lvl 12s as lvl 10
>decide to upgrade tower to 11
>now only face lvl 13s
fuck this game
>>
>>292569
They stopped doing the $2.99 or $29.99 emote packs.
>>
Looking for a clan, playing like hell but using a new acc currently level 7 w/ 3051 trophies
>>
>>299028
Matchmaking is based solely on trophies my dude
>>
File: 1596679376501.jpg (32 KB, 750x562)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
havent played this game in about a year. what's the current meta?
>>
OP here. Recruiting active players. Need some new blood. Check out clan wars 2.
>>
>>308686
Clan is The Grid. Promotion after 100 donations and active war participation
>>
How long does it take for a f2p player to max king tower and 1 deck to level 13?
I've been playing since may last year, and most my cards are 11 and so is king tower. I assume it takes me another year?
>>
>>308776
King Tower can easily be maxed by donations alone, it will take less than a year if you donate tons of cards. Maxed deck probably takes 1.5-2 years unless you're extremly lucky and also skilfull to win tons of tournaments/challenges.
>>
Ladder is still fucked because of trophy deflation last season. There should be no fucking lvl 13s at 4700 trophies. Just when I try to push ladder after months, it's still fucked.
>>
Ladder is a shit. I only play party mode to shit on level 7-10s by abusing the matchmaking with Megaknight Mirror.
>>
>>314125
kek based
>>
Story time:

>there was a guy who appeared from time to time in my clan
>he was quite good, with 6,300 trophies or so
>actually he was better than everyone in our clan, although I did beat him several times with my X-Bow deck
>then I left Clash Royale for two or three months
>come back
>now this guy is ranked among the top 100 players in the world with more than 7,600 trophies (wtf lol)
>he still comes regularly in my clan to see what's up and play friendly 1v1

Based desu.
>>
File: IMG_0143.jpg (23 KB, 250x250)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
Why do I have to battle level 11-13 players in league 2, I just give up at this point.
>>
Next season starts this Monday, no news, no announcements, not even balance changes (Because theose are once every 3 months now), this fucking game is dead, and Supercell wants it dead.
>>
>>320363
All Supercell has to do is create a competitive 3v3 mode lol
>>
>>320695
That actually sounds fun. If you do triple or endless elixir you pretty much can manage 2 fronts at an insane pace. I’d play it
>>
>>319819
Coming from the other side, I’m playing L10 or less sometimes and they’re guys with second (or more) accounts with Max deck. I used to look at them and feel sorry about the mismatch. Reality is they’re a solid challenge
>>
bump for mortar cycle, TRUE mortar cycle not that namby pamby bait shit im talking REAL mortar cycle im talking ROCKET CYCLE NIGGA
>>
I just play 2vs2. 1vs1 is too random whether you get a fair match or get stomped by lvl 13 cards.
The problem with 2vs2 is that you might get those teammates with 8 5+ elixir cards and therefore they aren't able to counter shit.
>>
Looks like ladder has become somewhat normal after the trophy deflation 2 months ago.
Time to push for a personal best.
>>
is current challenge worth continuing for at 50 gems?
>>
nevermind >>340605
I've spent 50 gems to continue, got 14 wins in a row, only to screw up the last fight with 3 lives left.
Spent another 50 gems just to win that fight for the emote.

So 100 gems for ~27k gold, 24 gems, 18 epics, 1 legendary and 1 emote. Not that bad for gems spent, but I swear, each time you spend gems I feel the game gives you free wins.
>>
>>341438
They know exactly how to keep people spending. Or do you think the 3 losses at the end were a coincidence?
>>
>>341895
>do you think the 3 losses at the end were a coincidence?
Not at all, in fact when I spent those last 50 gems, I immediately won that final fight.
>>
>Post replays of myself stomping on players on ladder
>Faglord called Justin joins my clan after using golem infernotower which completely countered my deck to make fun of me
>Coleader kicks me out for calling justin a retard for using golem and infernotower in the same deck and that he will never pass 6k trophies
>Check clan months later
>Justin left
>Coleader is still in it
>He got demoted to member
GET. FUCKED.
>>
Recruiting again in The Grid. Cleaned house of dead weight. Active members welcomed.
>>
You DO have the 4 year badge, right anon?
>>
Haven't played this in ages. is balloon + rage still based?
>>
>>257764
Never played this before, is it worth to get into this game now?
>>
>>352202
Yes if you dont mind slow progression or arent an esportsfag. Beware of megaknight and learn how to counter him since hes overpowered in the lower arenas.
>>
Why is the game fucked right now? It keeps showing the lost connection sign.
>>
>>350440
it's still common yes

>>352202
it's not too late to start, it's free so you can just check it out and see if you like the concept
>>
>>352370
>>353020
Just played a few games, its ok, nothing special as of now. The 4 chest limit is kind of shit, but I understand, its a f2p game, gotta make money somehow.

From just browsing the store, it seems like you cant buy your way to overpowered card early and just fuck over new players, meaning people who play will rank up faster leaving the f2p people to themselfs until they can gather better cards.
Also the only thing that seems worth it is the battle pass, as its cheap and gets you a ton of rewards. Is the game p2w later down the line or will the battle pass suffice?
>>
>>353155
What do you meam with fucks over new players? I won 90% of my games below 3500 rating as a f2p player. From 3500-4000 you sometimes get some player that clearly spend money.
After 4k it's p2w I guess. That's why I play 2vs2 lol
And the chest limit is annoying in the beginning, but after a while you learn to appreciate it as I hate grinding for battle pass systems and this chest system is kinda relaxing imho
>>
>>353155
1v1 turns to shit after 4000 trophies so just play party mode after that. My cards are level 11-12s and my tower is level 12 but I push just enough to get some of the trophy road rewards and then go back to 2v2.
>>
>>353155
>Is the game p2w later down the line or will the battle pass suffice
after 4k trophies you will start to notice the grind
>>
>>320695
seriously, they've fucked up so hard but the solutions are THERE. they are just unwilling to implement them out of stubbornness
>>
>>265987
Me too, I kind of bit the bullet and downloaded it again this week. Stomping on scrubs is fun though, my entire log is wins.
>>
Fucking dogshit servers today cost me ~100 crowns wtf is going on
>>
Is bluestack allowed? I find people from 2016 saying its allowed in CoC forums, but then I find posts from 2017 saying its not allowed, then I find posts saying its allowed but the ToS is outdated? I dont understand
>>
>>350097
Sadly no.
I played a knockoff web game called 'Clash of Vikings' back in 2017. Played that game so much that I knew every single response of the AI and how to beat it. Figured out only later that the real game it was knocking off was Clash Royale, but some weird feeling kept me away from downloading the game somehow. I eventually downloaded it last year, and I regret that I missed those golden years of Clash Royale.
>>
>>333644
>Teammates with wizard
>Teammates with witch
>Teammates with no spell
>Teammates who play their elixir as soon as they have enough for their cheapest card
>Teammates who place a defensive troop at the bridge when there are no other cards on the field
>Teammates who play 10 elixir in the first second at the bridge then quit when it's easily defended

How are the other game modes so bad that I still play 2v2 90% of the time?
>>
>>359756
>Teammates who never defend, only attack
>Teammates who leave during the match
>Teammates making the dumbest decisions like playing skeleton army against valkyrie
those I hate the most
>>
>>352202
No, the game cheats. When you do well it puts you up against people with decks that counter yours. I played the game for a few years, but that bullshit really drags you down.
>>
Why do goddamn epic cards feel more rare than legendaries?
>>
I hate the teammates that don't think about the place or timing of their units placements. 5 games in a tow with 80 iq retards that have no idea how to place their shit.
>>
>>257764
havent play in a looong time (since the elixir golem came out), what have i missed? what are the new meta decks?
>>
>>257764
Clan wars 2 is the reason I stopped playing this game. Absolute dogshit compared to the old clan wars
>>
>>375854
Dont be an esportsfag its not worth your bank account or sanity. Meta decks are horrible against the random bullshit you will find and are only effective against other meta decks which you will never see if you arent already high in trophies (5800 at the start of a season). Just play party mode and events.
>>
>>271233
trash, guess its bait
if not, at least use a fucking spell
>>
The chest from the shop that contains 20 epics is worth the 10.000 gold, right?
>>
What's your favourite card, lads? For me, it's the mini pekka
>>
>>382830
Lava hound. Looks like a giant flying larva and I just love it.
>>
Sweet, those new artifacts from the update.
Used it to get the 200 cards to get my prince to level 13, and upgraded it for free...
But how will we be able to obtain more of those artifacts?
>>
>>383585
Chests and probably tournament/challenges abd ingame store. Dunno about clan wars
>>
What is up with the people placing Sparky near the bridge without any other cards on the field?
>>
This update sucks donkey balls. Buncha shit that shoulda been added 2 years ago and only exists to squeeze more money out of paypigs before they bring the game out to the shed and put a bullet in it
>>
>>373715
Because there are more of them
>>
Fuck Mega Knight.
>>
>>257764
In 2019 I got a 2 day ban for saying nigger in a friendly way in a clan that reminded me of r/thedonald: they were "edgy" so they'd call each other pussies or even faggots but muh racism was verboten.

This ban came after zero warnings or other violations and after I had spent like 60 bucks on the game.

I stopped playing for like a year and joined another clan. I drunkenly told someone how I got banned the first time (without censoring myself) and I was banned for one week within an hour. I don't think anyone reported me. I think it was automatic. I haven't played since. Fuck Jewpercell
>>
>>385482
You are an idiot for posting nigger anywhere else but an anonymous basket weaving website.
>>
Pretty new to this game. What exactly is a win con? I mean, I know its a win condition, but I don't know what exactly meets the criteria of a win con.

The the moment I'm just being people with brute force but I'd like to start making more clever decks. Lastly, is there any cards that are pure trash to just stay clear of?
>>
>>374009
I do wonder how much of it is lag. But yeah it's tiring wanting retards place a bomber right after I've places a valk
>>
>>359105
I played clash royale during those years. You didn't miss anything it was an unbalanced mess.
>>
>>386089
Wincon= unit that can reliably threaten towers, so all building targeting cards, mortar, xbow, graveyard and goblinbarrel are wincons. Since you are just starting anything is at least usable but cards that are just garbage are giant skeleton, witch, wizard and firespirits.
>>
File: 20210401_135819.jpg (145 KB, 2186x1080)
145 KB
145 KB JPG
Did you guys hear about the new clash game?
>>
Anybody here who is a competitive player? (ie. Ranked on ladder, challenge grinder)
>>
File: PicsArt_04-01-10.57.07.png (542 KB, 1080x1121)
542 KB
542 KB PNG
>>386448
The new troop designs are weird https://day4.athemm.workers.dev/
>>
File: 20200717_154144.jpg (195 KB, 1900x1080)
195 KB
195 KB JPG
>>386580
5080 trophies here
>>
>>385488
sad truth
>>
File: ##snake.jpg (290 KB, 1080x1359)
290 KB
290 KB JPG
>>385436
learn how to trigger crown tower with MK
mayb then youll stop fucking crying faggot
>>
>>387185
Mega Knight is cancer and stupid easy to use for a 7 elixir card
>>
>>386580
6.7k here, don't know if I can be considered competitive but I did reach Ultimate Champion many times at this point
>>
https://youtu.be/6eKE9pf01FY
>>
>>387200
what deck/s do you run?
>>
>>387708
My favorite card to build around is RG but I usually use whatever I want, Pekka Balloon decks, sparky, recently Electro Giant. The only deck I will NEVER play is goblin barrel bait because I'm not a faggot
>>
>>387760
alright, guess you can shit on me, I queue Prince log-bait on ladder though it's the only deck I have maxed. It seems like all the good beatdown decks are really expensive with multiple epics and legendaries.
>>
>>387772
Ah it's fine man, I just hate it because it's been undefeated and unnerfed since day 1. It has virtually no counters and it's very begginer-friendly so it's understandable, don't worry about your card levels, it's never been so easy to upgrade them
>>
>>257764
Currently running a pretty shit deck because it keeps getting countered by bait since it struggles to defend goblin barrels and knight+gob gang pushes, pekka miner poison zap musketeer bandit minions zap, I was thinking of focusing instead on 2 decks because this hybrid one is pretty shit, like classic pekka spam minions variation, and some miner wallbreakers deck. Any advice on which miner wb deck I should upgrade long term? Valk or knight? Bomb tower or tesla? Any good ones that don't have legendaries outside of miner? Also not trying to upgrade ebarbs since they will probably get nerfed to shit.
>>
>>350097
Of course, played boom beach at the time and saw news that supercell is releasing a new game and decided to try it out. By the way, does anyone know if once I'll drop down in league before the reset, will my end of season rewards be lower? Was stuck at XX99, just managed to pass the treshold and am now scared of playing as we're hours away from reset
>>
>>388946
what archetypes do you like or dislike?
>>
>>
Matchmaking in party mode is fucking busted. I keep facing level 13s as level 11.
>>
>>387195
Seriously? I play Hog and MK is the LEAST of my worries, he's so easy to counter with either Knight or Mini Pekka, and an easy way to win 3-4 extra elixir, IMO he's even a bit underpowered.And he's supposed to be a perfect counter for Hog.
>>
Why is this game's event matchmaking such utter dogshit? Literally never, not even one single time, had an opponent at or below my level. Exclusively - literally 100% of the time - higher, with massive statistical advantages. These matches shouldn't be happening at all, but if they are I should be getting opponents with massive statistical deficits relative to me with the same frequency, not...literally never.
>>
>>394205
You get matched up with opponents with similar trophies as you no matter what for ladder. Level 12s and 13s are just shit at the game.
>>
>>394205
Party matchmaking is based on card level. So that's why you often see those retards with 4x lvl 1 cards + 4x lvl 13 cards after which they steam roll you with ease.
>>
>>387200
You think this deck can handle the random pekka wizard valkyrie witch spam thats common on ladder? I have 2M gold but dont know what to spend it on.
>>
File: 1541555519435.png (971 KB, 898x904)
971 KB
971 KB PNG
>play Capture the Mortar
>endless inferno and zap spam

You niggers said Party was good
>>
>>396623
You play party for 2v2s touchdown and elixir speed increase modes
>>
>>306003
then explain how as a level 8 i never got level 10's
>>
>if I don't upgrade my cards and tower, I risk running into higher level players
>if I do upgrade my cards and tower, I run into harder matches and more skilled players

There truly is no fun and joy to be found in this game. Only suffering.
>>
>>399035
play competitive bro
>>
>>399035
beating all the overleveled shit lvl 13s as lvl 11 is the most enjoyable part of this game
>>
I'm actually going to kms

>suffer wrath of max players on ladder for literal years, due to unwillingness to drop lots of money on the game
>just beginning to assemble max deck now, after 5 years of play
>don't pay attention to meta or winrates, just play ladder continuously
>first card to max is fire spirits, since it's the only card I got a significant amount of
>force fire spirits into every deck because it's maxed
>later get RG as first maxed win condition
>brainwashed by ladder play, total retardation ensues
>when magic cards come out I spend them on cards I've faced on ladder instead of actually good ones
>spend free epic book of cards on Prince
>buy battle pass and spend book of everything on Wizard
>now trapped using a shitty deck for eternity due to awful decision making
>Just remembered winrate tracking today, and realized how badly I've fucked up.

Welp, time to weep at the edge of Master III for the next two years

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.