[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vmg/ - Video Games/Mobile

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 27 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Any Skullgirls Mobile players lurking around?
I find it a fair a game. Plus after Mike Z fuckery, it would nice to see new players for this cursed game.
>>
>>220177
There's a Skullgirls Mobile port? F2P or paid with gacha?
>>
>>220189
f2p with gacha but also with an optional "competitive" pvp mode
specials and supers are all one-button but you only have five special/super buttons per character (and some limits on top of that)
my biggest grind with it is the grind, i hate it and i dropped the game because of it. but i heard that it's in the "typical for gachas" level, which i can't really verify since i havent played many other gacha games
>>
>>220862
also different characters are made by giving palette swaps extra bonuses, like the Cirno palette Peacock gets ice-themed on-hit bonuses, and so on.
also also the normal & command normal moves are all excellent in how simple they are. Tap for a fast jab, keep tapping for a ground combo, swipe up for a launcher, keep tapping after that to jump up and air combo with a knockdown, add a super move in the middle of that and you got yourself a combo. tag-attacks are also simplified to swap-ins only, so no more worrying about both your point and your assist eating a full string
also also also, it has more story than Skullgirls proper. so if you're a story nut you might like it.

in short: i like the game, but i hate the grind and gacha elements
>>
>>220177
>sgm thread
Finally
Why are there so few of these
>>
>>224498
I think /vg/ has most of the regulars.
>>
>>224500
Oh wow, I didn’t even realize the SG threads there talked about Mobile as well
Thanks

Also, new variants coming soon (pic related, a Diamond Fire Beo, a Gold Fire Fortune and a Silver Air Squigly have been announced so far)
>>
>>220177
>>220189
>>220862
>>220869
>>224498
>>224500
>>229004
Like nobody plays it. Why?
>>
>>231207
who is the target audience? the people who already play Skullgirls, and/or other gacha games, already have (a) game(s) to sink hours into. the people too dumb for Skullgirls will be too dumb for SGM. the people not interested in the franchise don't want a watered-down gacha version of the "normal" game.
it's a blatant cash-grab, and I applaud the dev team for trying to pretend it's not.
>>
>>231219
Target audience first and foremost has to be the Skullgirls / fighting game fans who want a mobile fighting game to play on the go. They're banking on Skullgirls name to carry it, but most of their fans are likely already too invested in the console/PC version to give a damn about casual plays on mobile. Don't blame them for trying to cashgrab given that mobile ports are normal for a lot of titles these sdays.
>>
>>220177
Will there be new characters added or will it be the same characters as usual? I wanted to learn more about the Trinity.
>>
File: 20200430_013011.jpg (31 KB, 569x307)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>231207
The biggest problem the game has is that once you get a fairly good collection of diamonds (let's say about 12 in total), the game's basically over. You really don't have any true incentive to progress further other than further increase your bragging rights.

Main story mode doesn't see any progress at all, any new origin story would be finished in at most a week by most people, prize fights are the same repetitive endless mode, which has seen next to no innovation whatsoever, dailies are tedious as shit to do, PvP still has frequent connection issues and doesn't have any real reward, and rifts are just a clusterfuck of "how much can I score on Sunday". I hope you like having your base recieve one or two attacks last minute.

The best thing to come out of SGM has definitely got to be the addition of Annie into the roster, and the possibility of new characters in the future. Still, most people will simply wait for her 2E release instead of playing her mobile counterpart.

There's simply nothing of interest to keep most people playing the game. That's why a lot of people just abandon it entirely; if you keep playing, either you REALLY are into SG to have an account into the game, or you probably spent cash in it so maybe you wanna make the investment worth it.
>>
File: sg-mobile.jpg (2.32 MB, 1920x1080)
2.32 MB
2.32 MB JPG
Post collections
>>
>>233070
A new character (Annie) was released recently, and depending on how she does more characters may be added later
>>
File: f7b.png (589 KB, 625x1600)
589 KB
589 KB PNG
This thread was supposed to be dead. But you all won't this to get lost in the void. There is hope.

>>235049>>231207
Another problem is the time you have to sink into it compared to other similar games. The skill gap between players is massive. Particularly when you unlock rifts. They just throw you in there with no way to learn what effects do. It's a mess but it's one that I'm not complaining about as I stomp new teams.

Other than than, I find the pity timer here better than other as you can see can plan when you get your sliver, gold or diamond. No guessing or math.
>>
>>235723
>>
>>220177
Used to play on another phone, no idea if anything transfers. Had a pretty crazy team.
Always hated peacock, but she looks kind of like yuuko in this pic so I might have to rethink that.
>>
>>220177
I still have my account. It always surprises how low key successful this game is. At least successful enough to warrant creating new characters that is
>>
>>247961
>all those dia Rage Appropriates
Why?
>>
>>250818
This

>>247961
>Rage Appropriate
Why?
>>
>>235723
I have no idea what to invest in honestly.
>>
>>250818
>>251942
I like Rage Appropriate

>>251993
WSwept, ThrillS, PurrD, Pea Shooter, FrFriday
>>
>>251993
What >>252073 said + Kill Joy, as she’s pretty good support
You could also do Beat Box if you really wanted to but his damage output kinda falls off at Gold
>>
>>235723
>>
File: 1585333942538.png (3 MB, 2242x794)
3 MB
3 MB PNG
>>235723
I have enough resources to evolve three or so of my golds to diamond.
I'am thinking Purrfect Dark and Rusty.
I have enough resources to evolve a single Peacock too, but can't bring myself to decide between either Mean One or Sketchy.
>>
>>254757
Rusty is honestly a waste of resources, 10/10 times evolve your Buzzkill. Even FrFriday would be a better choice.

Same with evolving Sketchy, she's a support stick and doesn't need to be diamond to perform. Mean One will benefit infinitely more from evolution as she's an offense fighter.
>>
File: molly.jpg (19 KB, 554x554)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>255153
Checks out, thank you.
>>
>>240286
Without mikes obsessive balance autism and fine tuning and Alex's are direction I don't have a lot of hope for quality stuff. You can already tell Annie doesn't quite mesh in and it'll only get more apparent from here on.
>>
Most wanted diamonds?
Beast King seems pretty cool
>>
>>267243
Star Butterfly, I got a hate love thing going. Iam getting nothing tho, my luck blows.
>>
>>235723
I don't play much anymore, I just login for the free shit
>>
>>267243
Realistically I'd want a Neuro to draw the painwheel SP out of.
Model Leader I can either sac for more water essence or stick her onto a frost armor or something, though I have like 0 annie SP.
Outside of painwheels I enjoy using beo so I wouldn't be mad about a Beast King, ballbusting SA too which is nice.
>>
>>220177
i'd be playing it, but i can't tolerate the energy system
>>
File: ok retard.gif (147 KB, 512x512)
147 KB
147 KB GIF
>>231219
>too dumb for skullgirls
>too dumb for unga bunga fap fic marvel with a tiny roster
>>
Post Season’s Beatings rewards
>tfw i grinded to 100m and got all silvers
>>
MikeZ did nothing wrong
>>
File: 1603909467451.png (218 KB, 1200x1200)
218 KB
218 KB PNG
>>285108
I did about 34 million, I got a Time Thief and a couple Chameleons, I crafted a gold with them and finally evolved my Phantom Threads to diamond.
>>
Just finished keying up Shadow Puppet and tossing up weather i move onto Snake Bite or Djinn Frizz next. Tier lists say Djinn but Snake feels a whole lot safer for soloing PF's (which is what i do 90 percent of the time) idk plz bestow some wisdom if you have had experience with these fighters
>>
>>298610
I have been leveling Djinn myself, she's fun to play on the offense, you will be taking plenty of moment to moment decisions and adapting to the set of buffs given to you, if rolling a set dice every ten second appeals to you go for it, rolling invincibility, final stand or regen will save your ass more than once. The 33% buff to enrage will boost your damage significantly but it is highly unreliable, It's not rare to see her set on defense tagging along a surgeon general or persona assistant.
I have little experience regarding Snake Bite, he's looking pretty solid, and most definitely not RNG reliant.
If you want to play it safe, go Snake.
>>
>>298610
Assume that they're both maxed out...
Snake:
SA1: With one or two wulf shoots, you should be able to get hype very easily to get those evade stacks. This on command evade button is extremely handy since it can save your ass when you fuck up and/or safely intercept opponents to keep wailing on them. Also that 25% meter is a nice bonus.
SA2: With what was said about getting hype before, you should generally able to get this to proc with ease, so after 1 kill you're already in an even safer position along with a perma haste.
Snake is an extremely safe fighter, especially with that solid stack of evades and extra barrier padding. With him being a Beo, his moveset means you'll basically always be in control with the command grabs, with the SA2 possibly boosting your BB output and the extra safety of his SA1 during down time, which also gives you even more meter. I'm not sure if his MA synergizes with barrier, but if you don't sustain that much damage before getting a kill, the barrier and evade stacks will definitely secure Defending Champ. Also having the 3rd highest attack at 15,130 is pretty nice.

Djinn:
SA1: Think of the buffs as a small bonus but don't rely on them too much. Sometimes this can turn tides but definitely on that.
SA2: At a 33% proc rate, you should be able to expect 1 enrage per buff cycle, and combined with her attack, can absolutely snowball against opponents all the way up to the 500% modifiers with ease. Even 1 enrage on her is more than enough.
Djinn is an absolute ballbuster that blows Snake out of the water in terms of DPS. While she only has 461 more attack than Snake, she also has easy access to all those enrages, move stats that can boost her better, and a kit that pairs very well with her damage, such as with tricho nuking opponents in the air or just being able to combo heavily. With Leech, she has extremely high sustain thanks to all that damage she's dealing dishing out and healing from.
>>
>>301479
TL;DR I would personally roll with Djinn since Leech is more than enough to cover for the lack of safety in the SA and I think the damage output from Djinn and her overall filia kit is too good to pass up, especially in late streaks. The thing with tier lists is that generally focus on offense and the people who make them don't need to play as safe, so being able to do more damage is always a bigger factor. Rifts is a different story though and something I can't say much about.

Also slamming my opponents with that gigantic fat cock damage is far more satisfying.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.