[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vmg/ - Video Games/Mobile

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 13 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

[Advertise on 4chan]

Anyone trying out Colopl's new flop? It's available on Steam and mobile and as far as I've seen it's a no gacha buy the characters monster hunter stories ripoff
>>
yes, i'm playing right now
what the best character to pick in the free gacha?
>>
File: tier.png (545 KB, 676x693)
545 KB
545 KB PNG
>>1104277
This is gamerch's tier list, altema just says ティル is the best one for beginners (wind blondie)
https://gamerch.com/monster-universe/entry/630654
I haven't played far enough yet but maybe someone else can test the characters in here
>>
>>1104337
shit i got the fire mage tier A
well, i'll wait for the english patch
>>
>>1104337
I haven't test all characters, but after playing for a day with the axe guy on B tier I decided to try restart the game so I tested staff and lance characters, specifically the staff guy on S tier and the lance guy on SS tier.
I think their Omega Drive skills are self explanatory, big AOE, with the lance guy having a larger radius apparently. As for how each weapon plays. Lances focus on fast AOE attacks for the most part and they have quite decent range. Staves as expected is ranged attacks, but like axe they're slow, especially the skills which most require some charge time requiring to be timed well so you don't get interrupted.
Axes have strong but slow attacks, their skills requiring them to get up close, the axe guy I tested both his normal and Omega Drive skills are troublesome to use because they require the enemy to stay inside the tornado. Swords are fast attacks, I think they're a little more powerful than lances, but less than axes, basically a middle term between the two and seem to focus on skills that close or widen the gap between the character and the enemy.
Regarding their unique hold left click skills, lance is a spinning attack that drains SP, you can move while doing it. Staff is a teleport, it only uses SP when you press a direction to teleport to, but it's a bit clunky because you have to be facing the direction you want to move to, so it would require you to tap the direction twice if you're not facing it. Axe is guard that keeps draining SP, but if you time it right before getting hit it becomes a counterattack that restores SP. Sword is a dash and strike to the enemy, seems like the distance to the enemy doesn't matter.
As for who is best, it depends on how you want to play, also which monsters you like. Lance monsters are all quadrupeds, staff mons are flying ones, axe mons are big bipeds and swords are that weird mini T-Rex thing, though some don't have the small arms and it's where the dragons seem to be if you care about that.
>>
>>1104496
Continuing. Personally I think swords are fine, fast enough for you to move around avoiding attacks. Lances are fast too but the basic attacks seem to lock you into animation so you have to be careful when getting more SP. This is even more of a problem for axes, but they do have some knockup and such skills to help with that. Staves are easy mode more or less, at least when it comes to basic attacks, as I said before some of their skills require charging so it's easy to get interrupted.
>>1104380
>well, i'll wait for the english patch
I think most things are pretty self-explanatory so you can play just fine now, not to mention you'll be spending a lot of time capturing monsters and breeding them and rerolling their hearts, so the earlier you start the better.
>>
File: monsters.png (1.84 MB, 1902x989)
1.84 MB
1.84 MB PNG
Here's some examples of monsters you can get through breeding for each weapon for those who want to choose their character based on the monsters they can use.
>>
File: staff break.png (267 KB, 1106x384)
267 KB
267 KB PNG
>>1104337
Since their explanation for the tier list is how easy it is to break with a character, saying that swords and spears are better at that, I'd like to point out that there's this staff monster skill that instantly broke the enemy with a full gauge in my testing, though it may not be the case against stronger enemies. The downside is the long casting time, so it's best used from a distance after the enemy used a skill.
>>
This game would be way more successful as a gacha. I don't know what the fuck they were thinking with this 2007-tier business model.
>>
>>1104591
I don't know either, maybe it's an experiment to see if it's successful. As a player it makes no difference to me though, the focus are the monsters not the humans mounting them.
>>
I didn't expect to get into this game but it's way more in-depth that I expected. Also how do the stop the MC from wanting to fuck the monsters all the time??
>>
>wanted to pick the kitsune cunny
>hate how axe plays like
it's over...
>>
>>1105037
You dodged a bullet, all the Axe monsters are ugly as fuck. There are plenty of cunnies, just pick one of the other ones.
>>
>>1104591
unironically I thought the same, gacha its both a curse and a blessing, there's a reason why genshin makes billions and is that the f2p population wich is bigger than the whales population on any popular game, talks about it, recommends, and also do streaming to shill for it a lot. TLDR: Normalfags don't care about if a game has a gacha or not they just want to have fun or get new waifus, only redditors seethe constantly at it.
>>
>>1104542
I have a Lv6 version of that skill on a Gen5 and it does about 80% to a Gen4 monster.
>>
>>1105237
You're right, but I think it's too early to know for sure with this game. What interested me is that it's a monster catching game, so the humans being paid only isn't a deal breaker to me. We'll have to wait and see if it makes a difference or if all the monsters being free is what matters.
>>
>>1105341
From what I can tell so far, 99% of your power comes from monsters. However, I think the passives on the humans might matter a lot in endgame. A character with unconditional crit bonuses will do a lot more dps than a character with +3 SP under a full moon while breakdancing.
>>
>>1105385
As long as the difference is just taking a bit more time to kill enemies I don't really mind. I think it's more important to choose both a character you like to look at, like the skills and likes how their weapon plays like, otherwise playing the game will feel worse.
>>
>>1105418
that too, that's why i just went for the megane blonde elf, luckily she is ranged and does pretty good until now, since first I just wanted to have a character I liked, then I will care about about the monster skill sets and breeding.
>>
I really dislike that the camera moves automatically as you move around and also the auto lock-on. I tried fighting the boss in the night field and I had to rely on the minimap to known when he was gonna use his skill because of the awful camera and the auto lock-on kept locking me to the slimes that kept coming at me as I kept kiting the boss by running in circles. I did manage to reduce all his health thanks to using a ranged character, but as I thought he has a second phase and I ended up dying.
>>
>>1105530
I'm sick of this shit, why can't they have the camera stay in place like in the quest bosses? Also what's the point of a lock-on that keeps changing to another enemy at the worst possible times? Remove those stupid slimes near the boss or put a barrier that prevents the lock-on to target them and for them to get aggro when you engage the boss, there's no reason to have those things getting in the way. And don't get me started on the terrain elevation screwing skills.
>>
I feel like the only reason you'd pick a character over the other is their look and element/weapon type, their hearts are important too but in the end it's just stuff you can only use after your mon inherits it so the character just ends up being an avatar. Kinda wish I picked the one I wanted at the start if I knew that was the case.
>>
I'm reading steam reviews and people are saying they can't get on the game after downloading. Is this actually region-locked?
>>
>>1105862
Playing from EU right now no block over here bro
>>
>>1105862
can get in just fine from sea
>>
GET THE FACTOR!
>>
havent played much picked thats crazy lookin caster girl for her looks but i think sword is the best weapon havent tried lance yet
>>
YJK
>>
>>1106192
Wendy definitely fucks monsters too, look at how she walks in her intro scene
>>
>>1105862
no is not, im playing from southamerica a bunch of boludos probably
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (273 KB, 274x255)
273 KB
273 KB PNG
Im just screenshoting and trying to clean (aka making them a transparent png) those sticker like reactions, some are gold.
>>
File: Untitled-2.png (136 KB, 192x181)
136 KB
136 KB PNG
>>1106315
>>
>>1106120
sword and spear are pretty equal
>>
File: chuuu.png (323 KB, 302x273)
323 KB
323 KB PNG
>>1106320
>>
>>1106386
this monstersexual retard is growing on me
>>
>>1106315
>>1106320
>>1106386
I can't fix her...
>>
I think no one posted this yet, here is the OST on youtube music https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=dwoo-vD00_Y&list=OLAK5uy_mZXK3M8_fTwN4A0FLcUCofO-7PfvJJBw0
>>
Tits, are there tits
>>
>>1106434
i dunno axe monsters have 6 packs tho
>>
File: screenshot002.jpg (150 KB, 1053x705)
150 KB
150 KB JPG
>>1106434
depends, it may contain bigger ones, im not that advanced in story, but I have seen they do have smaller sizes too.
>>
>>1106656
Also has elfs, of the smol variety
>>
LET ME MOVE THE CAMERA UNDER THE SKIRTS
>>
File: rideable when.jpg (413 KB, 1920x1080)
413 KB
413 KB JPG
>this titty snek slut can only be broken with axes
>all I built were spears
nooo i dont wanna build an axe user...
>>
I think it's safe to say that generally axe is for the ugly monsters, sword is for weird looking ones, lance is for the cool ones and staff is for the cute ones. There are exceptions but overall this seems to be the case.
>>
File: love.png (237 KB, 249x243)
237 KB
237 KB PNG
>>1106386
>>
File: absolutelydisgusting.png (200 KB, 231x221)
200 KB
200 KB PNG
>>1107072
>>
File: xm.png (1.49 MB, 1600x900)
1.49 MB
1.49 MB PNG
>>1106691
make a cyclops anon its kinda cool
>>
>>1104508
Do you have any other cool quadruped mons? Can't decide between staff and lance for the free 4*
>>
File: sarasvaati.png (1.49 MB, 1878x1005)
1.49 MB
1.49 MB PNG
>>1106755
>lance is for the cool ones
wtf I was lied to
>>
>>1107490
why is it wearing makeup?
>>
bros dont forget to use up your exp i didnt realize it had such a low limit of 9999....
>>
I really like this lance monster skill, it has a small CC which sucks in any regular monster in and it will also break any big mon that jumps inside its AoE, makes farming pretty chill
>>
>>1107490
I did say there are exceptions.
>>
File: _feena_.png (148 KB, 194x195)
148 KB
148 KB PNG
>>1107077
>>
File: Feena-excited.png (78 KB, 132x150)
78 KB
78 KB PNG
>>1107903
>>
File: file.png (524 KB, 967x505)
524 KB
524 KB PNG
Will they do something to the obvious cheater who took first place in the drake volt boss thing?
>>
File: Screenshot 2023-01-27.png (685 KB, 1088x557)
685 KB
685 KB PNG
why is Feena like this, and when you change to her while playing on the map she says something like "I smell a monsters odor", my japanese is pretty basic mind you.
>>
File: Screenshot 2023-01-27.png (816 KB, 1000x597)
816 KB
816 KB PNG
I deleted that untranslated one, this will do
>>
>>1108188
im starting to think every time i breed a monster she actually joins in and that's why the screen pans to the sky and right after she's just licking the egg and the baby
>>
What episode do you unlock second gen breeding and why am I only getting male monsters?
>>
>>1108347
>why am I only getting male monsters
Skill issue
>>
>>1108399
Okay but please answer the first part of my question as well.
>>
>>1108405
Can't remember think it might have been 2nd or 3rd, just play through the story bro
>>
>>1108427
I am playing through the story, just rather slowly because shit keeps getting in the way of my gaming time. Finished third episode and it's still locked, sadly.
>>
>>1108434
I found this
Features Unlock Conditions

Scout Episode 1-4 clear.
Search Episode 1-5 clear.
Login bonus Raise ranger rank.
Training Episode 1-6 clear.
Mating Episode 1-7 clear.
Awakening of Hearts Episode 1-7 clear.
Beast cup Episode 2 clear.
Alchemy Episode 3 clear.
3rd generation mating Episode 4 clear.
2nd generation x 2.
>>
File: 1606790148524.jpg (10 KB, 218x232)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>1108604
>Mating Episode
>>
why is everyone using the terrorist squirrel minion on ranking mode?
>>
File: smell-o-vision.png (730 KB, 956x530)
730 KB
730 KB PNG
-"oh yeah, monster smell, soo good, the esence of life, I love monster smells in the mornings"
-FEENA
>>
>go into exploration stage
>find a evo 4 monster and a big flashy rainbow announcement appears
>hits me for 3k with a regular attack and I immediately die
great
>>
>>1109191
yeah I've had that happen twice now one shot all of my mons. good thing you don't lose stuff on death
>>
File: 16102921025.webm (423 KB, 480x270)
423 KB
423 KB WEBM
>>1109191
>big flashy rainbow announcement appears
some monsters have the 300/500/1000 years old title like some mmos do, they have inflated stats and higher chance of getting a better quality mon if you capture them but not that worth to do it at the start when you don't have proper mons yourself
>>
>>1109244
>300/500/1000 years old title
It's actually 3, 10, 100 and 1000 here. I managed to beat up to the 100 yo at the beginning, but the 1k ones were ridiculous, one hit and you're dead.
>>
>>1109191
Just like the natures thing it follows the blue > yellow > pink > purple color scheme for weakest to strongest, though their size also make it obvious.
>>
that's fine and all but what this game really needs is spear cunny
>>
>>1109539
this
>>
>>1109539
im sure they will add one eventually, there's already several smol warriors
>>
>>1109831
And there's the model for loli Feena
>>
File: 20230201164648_1.jpg (382 KB, 1920x1080)
382 KB
382 KB JPG
It's over, Fina and her husband Volzerk beat the final boss...
>1.7% of players finished chapter 10
Ok, now it's truly over...

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.