[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vmg/ - Video Games/Mobile

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 36 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1672521539902.jpg (356 KB, 2000x833)
356 KB
356 KB JPG
Another Eden Wiki: https://anothereden.wiki/
Another Eden News (Global): https://api-ap.another-eden.games/asset/notice_v2/index?language=en
>>
File: 1672326140960.jpg (305 KB, 1920x1147)
305 KB
305 KB JPG
Global Anniversary Livestream will be in 1 day, tomorrow at 11 UTC.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_PDXMLjahM

We should be getting information on Part 3 of the story starting, and hopefully will be getting a GL first character as well.
>>
Was there a JP stream announced?
>>
>>1103613
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSFmbEDAJls
Nope
>>
File: 101040151.normal.png (201 KB, 363x464)
201 KB
201 KB PNG
DRAGON HUSBANDO WHEN?!?
>>
File: image[1].png (617 KB, 1122x701)
617 KB
617 KB PNG
Global-first character Iphi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFGht9H6pcc
>>
>>1104263
What the absolute fuck is Walpurgisnacht.
>>
>>1104317
yeah it's a lot of words
>>
>>1104263
Holy shit I'm in love. She's looks incredible.
>>
>>1104263
>>1104317
An absolute wall of text. Also, is it just me or does Iphi sound like she’s voiced by Tabitha St. Germain?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (1013 KB, 3456x2160)
1013 KB
1013 KB JPG
>>1104263
Shit yeah I'm pulling for her.
>>
>anniversary stream
>to announce a dead month
ffs
>>1104317
>>1104318
>>1104340
>>1104334
So she throws her allies in the way to protect herself and autorevives those who fall? Sounds useful but doesn't death reset buffs/stacks?
Also, setting Shade for all team's attack type is cool but probably not very useful.
>cue some dude in 2 days using it to 1tAF Lavoger or something
>>
>>1104341
Shade resistance is relatively common on a lot of fights. If you run Alter Shion he'll make those enemies weak to Shade. I'm curious how Blood Contract will interact with AS Soira and AS Heena who redirect attacks to themselves. Does that take priority over Blood Contract? What if they have Blood Contract? Do they take x4 damage? She looks potentially really broken, but I think to some degree it will depend how all of her mechanics play off on other party members.
>>
>>1104341
No they explicitly said they don't actually die so it doesn't reset statuses
>>
I'm definitely pulling for this Minalca style.
>>
File: Dilmy.png (239 KB, 363x464)
239 KB
239 KB PNG
>A sword and 2 literal whos got more votes than based Mildy AS
She's never going to be playable... it's over...
I blame Koreans and their dogshit taste
>>
>>1104352
Those were legit me and I apologize, I was wrong and dumb gorrilla nigger.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (91 KB, 311x405)
91 KB
91 KB PNG
>>1104376
Those posts were before the roadmap spoiled the GL character's theme so I forgive you.
>>
>>1104376
>>1104382
My mea culpa had better get the bitch to spark tomorrow night.
>sorry anon, the GL exclusive character doesn't exist
>for you
>>
>>1104263
I find it hilarious she actually carries her coffin with her.
>>
File: ara.jpg (93 KB, 900x1241)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>>1104398
Not the first.
>>
>>1104416
EO collab when...
>>
They didn't show Iphi's free banner, did they? I wonder who else will be rate up.
>>
>>1104510
I'm gonna guess Eva based on absolutely nothing, iven Melissa is Minalca's rate up.
>>
>>1104516
She's on the paid banners, so I don't think Eva will be on the free one too.
Personally my guesses are solo banner, Daisy, or Ilulu AS, because of the whole unlife/purgatory connection.
>>
>>1104398
That's not her coffin. That's the coffin she puts her enemies in when she's done killing them.
>>
>>1104537
>Personally my guesses are solo banner, Daisy, or Ilulu AS, because of the whole unlife/purgatory connection.
Hopefully Daisy, could be Zeviro.
>>
>>1104633
Really hope it's Daisy. Even if I don't get the new character, I won't say no to more shadow points.
>>
>>1104633
I'm only missing Daisy, Ilulu, and Alma so I'm hoping for one of the former 2.
>>
>>1104510
Based on the notice it won't be Eva, as her banner is being rerun, or Melissa, who has a paid guaranteed banner.
Based on that - NS/AS Nagi, the ruiner of all good banners.
>>
>AS Mariel manifests starts at Yipha solo, then adds Bertrand, then adds Mariel playing healslut
They're learning, aren't they?
>>
>>1104510
hopefully Radica AS
she still eludes me
>>
>NS Dewey has Water Zone now
Too bad Aisha exists now and is free.
>>
>>1104870
It'll be relevent for AS Dewey and also when he gets true mani
>>
>Iphi
>Deploys Shade Stance
>Wants allies to die so she can revive them and stack Seance
>Necoco AS
>Makes all allies and enemies match the current stance's element
Damage numbers are going to get even crazier
>>
>>1105078
you don't even need Necoco AS, Iphi can already do that with a second use of that skill
>>
>>1105080
Iphi only does it for allies, Necoco AS does it for allies and enemies.
Necoco will also be able to use Dark Spirit Wisdom since Iphi might not have an equivalent, and having 2 characters able to make your party match stance lets Iphi set up knockback immunity while your other characters still use Shade attacks.
>>
>GL got 1k Chronos Stones on JP anni
>JP doesn't get anything on GL anni
Why
>>
iOS update is up but no banner for an hour and change
>>
Got Iphi 4* in two rolls, guessing the tome is probably Beast King's Castle?
>>
>6 multis
>only a 4.5* toova to show for it
Pain.
>>
>>1105497
hahaha holy fucking shit
its in man eating marsh, got one first fucking run
>>
>>1105497
iirc she's Antiquity so people have been speculating Man-Eating Marsh
also
>Thillelille on Iphi banner
ehh
I guess it's fine for people who don't have her
>>
LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOOO
was planning to go all in on her, but she was the first door of the first roll
>>
File: 1667778771209.jpg (1.21 MB, 2400x1080)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB JPG
Was expecting to go crazy with the stones, but I got her on my second 10 pull.
>>
Have you ever wanted to just preemptively deal 99999 damage to your own character with a basic attack before?

Biting Shade Stance effects:
>Shade type attack damage increased
>Non-Shade type attack damage increased
typo? or just a smaller increase than shade damage
>Damage against resistanced increased
>Another Force Gauge fill method changes
>All Type attacks increase Another Force Gauge

And Blood Contract gives the characters Risktaker Lunatic just like Milsha's song does.
>>
>>1105528
With her, it's basically like having a Flash Zone, especially since she changes everyone's Type to Shadow. In fact, with the other buffs she hands out (+50% Int/Power/Speed) she's basically better than Melissa or Hardy for first turn AF's, unless the enemy is specifically Null or Absorb to Shade.
>>
Has the treasure chest with the keys shown up for you guys?
>>
>>1105534
No. It'll show up tomorrow morning at the daily reset.
>>
>>1105528
>Damage against resistanced increased
EVA with glowing eyes.jpg
>>
Iphi is a massive bitch, fantastic.
>>
Oh I got Eva, I guess I can do some retarded shit with her and Airplane Shion + Flammelapis.
>>
>>1105497
>>1105504
Holy fuck this feels rigged
Last night I got Iphi at 4*
ran MeM once and got her tome and upgraded her
then rolled on Fireside Cat for the lols and fucking look
do they think this is a streamer acct or something? totally f2p
>>
File: Spoiler Image (409 KB, 584x583)
409 KB
409 KB PNG
With 5000 CS, I managed to roll Suzette ES and Iphi 5*. I got Melissa from the guaranteed paid banner, and used my SDE on pic related who will help buff my Flam. Overall, not a bad haul. Claude ES was the better choice but Nagi ES appeals to my fetishes. I have his NS so I'll just grind his codex's in the long run.
>>
Spent 4k and got nothing, guess this is the price for getting Eva and Melissa on my first 10 roll during their debuts.
>>
6k CS, got Shannon NS and Hozuki AS.

So at least I get a partial refund from manifest awards and a few more character quests to do.
>>
How in the fuck do I update this app? Do I have to uninstall it and then download the new apk and then install the new apk? I assume the app updated but that I must do something to actually update it. I'm new and using emulator so AE isn't in the store like a normal app
>>
>>1106084
Use QooApp.
>>
>>1106085
Thank you that worked perfectly
>>
For any new anons looking to reroll or even just getting into Another Eden (with the anniversary going on it's the perfect time to start), here are my Free-Banner Rankings.

>Rose Unseen
Biaka AS: 2/5; gimmicky but not in any gamebreaking way. She requires setup before each attack and for the single target to already be under 50% for the really attractive damage. The extra poison/pain damage might be relevant some day but I can't think of any fight where it would matter.
Cetie AS: 2/5; needs his manifest, and once he gets it he's a solid AF nuke, but he doesn't really stand out and other DPS can do his job better
>Total: 4/10

>Moonlight Flower Hismena
Moonlight Hismena: 5/5; god-tier, being able to fit in any slash/pierce/blunt/magic team with amazing damage, debuffs, and zone awakening.
Nagi: 4/5; solid with her true manifest, but requires beating the difficult TM fight. Nagi also lets you sidegrade her to her AS and ES, the former is similar to Biaka in requiring setup for her damage move (but contingent on being slower than the enemy, rather than the enemy being almost dead) while the latter sets Sea of Stars and is a great damage/support hybrid.
>Total: 9/10

>Fireside Cat
Necoco: 4/5; flexible damage/support/healer who works with any elemental zone.
Necoco AS: 5/5; cuts out the damage and reduces the healing to crank the support role to 11.
>Total: 9/10; both require zone setters for max usefulness, but Aisha sets 2 of them for free, you can get Wind for free with a Grasta or with Sevyn, and Necoco AS herself comes with Earth or you can upgrade Chiyo to AS.
(1/2)
>>
>>1106237
>Noble Blossom Tsukiha
Noble Blossom: 5/5; top-tier Fire damage/support, zone awakener, extends Another Zone, and has end of turn heals based on fire attacks.
Tsukiha: 3/5; mediocre damage dealer, but she can be sidegraded to her AS (stronger than her NS but not standout) and her ES (a solid pierce zone damage+support, whose auto-pain on battle start alone can be worth using her especially in 1-1-1 dungeon clears)
>Total: 8/10

>Eva
Eva: 5/5; top-tier water/crystal mage who starts with lunatic already active on the front line, repeats her attacks, great self-buffs, and can inflict break
Tiramisu: 1/5; really fallen off in usefulness now that Tiramisu-But-Better aka 500k-fixed-damage-on-a-free-unit aka Noahxis exists.
>Total: 6/10

>Iphi
Iphi: 5/5; phenominal buffs and debuffs, her mere presence on the front row is a massive damage buff for the rest of your party, and she's a pseudo-healing inverse tank in that she redirects area damage to a single other party member, and raises them from the dead if they were to die. And if she absolutely must do damage herself, her main attack ignores defense.
Thillelille: 4/5; solid single target damage dealer, and can be sidegraded into a great AoE damage dealer.
>Total: 9/10

Lots of solid banners. Necoco and Tsukiha are really safe because regardless of which on-banner unit you get you can sidegrade to the other form by farming the materials.
Iphi and Hismena both have 2 strong on-banner units, although you'd rather get them than their bannermates.
Eva is the biggest gamble, with a high high and the lowest low.
And Biaka's banner is going away soon, which should be a disappointment to absolutely nobody.
>>
File: 1670849234920.jpg (1.05 MB, 1947x1711)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB JPG
>>1105984
Solid fucking choice. Nagi ES is really good, plus she's an extremely cute character. I still use her for lots of superboss clears. Her only real drawback is that it takes a bit to get the AF gauge fully charged, and she has to set Seat of Stars zone by swapping in with her VC. Also, Crystal weakness tends to be fairly rare, as is Crystal Resistance so even you can't often use Alter Shion to swap for the weakness. But now with characters like Iphi and Alter Tsukiha, who can change the element on her attacks, I think she'll be even more useful.
>>
>>1106268
>>1105984
Water/Staff also has tons of free support between Mayu and Aisha. As long as boss doesn't null magic or water, you can generally set Mayu up for mitigation (use her like Kid and spam her att skill on t1AF to build up her buff increasing stacks) and pound them down with Flamm/Eva/Nagi.
>>
>>1106237
>>1106239
Actually going to expand on this for brand new players; these rankings are mostly for "who's strong and who's trash endgame" but I also understand that some characters have trash early skills, but great lategame skills (or vice versa)
So I'll also rate their level 1~60s, in case any are notable for being particularly helpful early on.

>Biaka AS
Bad early levels
>Cetie AS
Bad early levels

>Moonlight Flower
Great early levels, with a strong preemptive AoE that inflicts Weapon Break, a great buff, a great debuff, and a niche skill that does 5x damage if the enemy resists it. Also she gives your party 1 guaranteed crit on battle start.
>Nagi
Bad early levels

>Necoco and Necoco AS
Necoco NS, but not AS, gives your party 1 guaranteed crit on battle start, like Moonlight Flower.
Both NS and AS Necoco have the same early levels, which include MP regen+status healing, physical+type resist, [element] buff+debuff which matches zone but defaults to earth, and an... okay damaging move. Decent early levels, but won't be winning any damage awards.

>Noble Blossom
Solid early levels, with a regen+damage shield that can also give MP regen, a great buff, a top tier fire buff+debuff, the ability to set Fire Zone, to awaken zone, to extend the zone's awakening, and to change your partys' element to Fire. She's only really missing her big damage move.
>Tsukiha
Bad early levels
>>
>>1106347
>Eva
Great early levels, with a decent AoE that also functions as a strong single target nuke that attacks again if the target is above 50% health, a solid water/crystal buff that restores hp, and which doubles in effectiveness in Lunatic up to a full heal+granting Mental Focus, an MP restore skill, a crystal/water debuff that attacks again, and a weak skill that does 20x damage if the enemy resists magic, while also debuffing power and int if they have more than 50% hp
>Tiramisu
Great early levels, with a fixed (up to) 5,000 damage for 12 MP, and a fixed (up to) 15,000 damage for 23 MP. None of her other skills really matter, just reach the Spirit stat benchmark for her Summoner's Ritual/Gift and deal fixed damage ignoring defenses.

But seriously, Noahxis is free if you do the Time Maze a few times after chapter 22, with solid skills in addition to the fixed damage one, please get him instead of chasing Tiramisu.

>Iphi
Her Blood Contract gimmick is innate from level 1. Her early attack is preemptive, restores the party's HP by a fixed 20%, deals 5x damage on the first turn, and can inflict sleep. A much more solid skill in the early game than at endgame. Her buff is great; 50% PWR+INT+SPD and the rare (and niche) knockback immunity. Her debuff is solid, either 15% or 25% (depending on if you're using the 1st or 2nd version of it) debuff to PWR, INT, SPD, and Type Resist and it's preemptive. The Pain/Poison isn't going to be too relevant early on unless you pull someone like Suzette or Felmina off-banner who can exploit Pain/Poison naturally. The delayed status cure and immunity might be useful for some bosses, and if nothing else she can set Shade Zone and then spam the move to make your entire party's skills become Shade element.
Really strong start.
>Thillelille
Great early levels, with a 50% Speed and Phys Resist debuff, a solid self-buff for Fire and Shade attacks, and a great damaging move if you meet the HP+Lunatic conditionals.
>>
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY HERE'S YOUR EXCLUSIVE CHARACTER
>soul crushing tragedy in the character quests
I mean 3/3 so far, was not expecting Iphi's to hit so hard.
>>
>>1106532
It was a mistake doing that second quest thinking I could finish it then get a good night's sleep right after.
>>
>>1106538
Very surprised she didn't have Lovesick or Funeral added to her personalities after the third quest.
>>
>>1106532
A bitch and a groomer
I want her as my wife
>>
>>1106635
I swear 30% of her dialogue is lifted directly from Kisunomonogatari.
>>
How are dupes handled in this game? The smart thing to do is to wait the 10 days before I pull for Iphi, right?
>>
>>1106642
Dupes get you additional Light/Shadow points for the character, which at certain thresholds grant stat bonuses or additional skill/equipment slots. Helpful over the long run but not something you should be actively chasing.
Free characters can increase their l/s points by running certain dungeons once you unlock the dailies, which is one of the reasons why Aldo remains competent if not meta.
>>
>>1106642
For the second question, early on you'll be getting so many stones that it's not worth it to be stingy. Rush the main story up to the point where the crossovers open up, then rotate those and the main story.
Don't worry about grinding for tomes/scripts/money/weapons - all of that shit has been more or less negated by late game content (for instance, before last year people would have to grind for days for a single piece of fully upgraded endgame equipment. Now you can get 2-4 from a single two hour run of the roguelike dungeon, which isn't even the most efficient way to use).
>>
>>1106645
>>1106648
Cool, thank you anon
>>
>>1106532
the only soul crushing tragedy i got were my pulls.
>>
>>1106645
Aldo is a special case, after chapter 83 he gets some huge buffs to his skills depending on his light level.
>>
Jackpot.
now if only I could get a restore increase fist/necklace for Uquaji
>>
https://files.catbox.moe/ovjfo2.mp4
I took our GL-first units plus Curio and backrow healer Uquaji to bully Wyverus, since I've only ever T1AF'd him with Kikyo AS and Victor before.
Wyverus Turn 1 is the perfect situation for Iphi, since he does 3 AoEs which will normally kill everyone but Iphi which will get her to max Seance stacks immediately.
I opted to give Curio and Melissa Hold Ground so Melissa could use Taunt turn 2 to take the triple single target attack for the third Seance, with Iphi wearing the Giant's Badge so her buff would come after Melissa died.
Then it was just a matter of Shade Resist Big Numbers, with Awakened Shade Zone, Transient Glory, Walpurgisnacht, and Lucent Magi being a fair and balanced 20x damage skill.

Overall, Iphi's already one of the most fun characters in Another Eden, and I can't wait to see all of the superbosses and boss rush stages that she and Blood Contract can fuck with.
>>
>>1106738
I need to run that more to try and get the healing stuff for Uquaji.
>>
File: bat buddy question mark.png (2.48 MB, 1920x960)
2.48 MB
2.48 MB PNG
>have Iphi in the backline holding grastas for Gariyu
>occasionally see something weird at the start of certain battles
>start recording to see what's going on
>for some battles (like Big Gonjuro) Iphi's bat will show up for a few frames before disappearing, despite her being in the back row
>replace her with Dunarith as a grasta slave for one run
>bat disappears
Damn. If the bat kept appearing after taking Iphi out of the party, I could say with near certainty that the bat is a buddy that simply isn't functional because the system isn't fully implemented in GL yet, but since it only appears when she's in the party it might just be a graphical glitch where they forgot to add the "backrow characters are invisible" flag to the bat.
It could still be a buddy of course, but I can't just come out and say "IT'S HAPPENING".
Even with the bat itself showing up on the roadmap.
>>
>tfw spent all my crystals on Iphi
>get jackshit
>do a shitload of cat and armor/weapon collection to get gems
>do the lab fights too
>get this
my entire day of grinding paid off
>>
>>1107930
Grats anon.
>>
>>1103697
Uh bro, gairyu is literally dragon status now.
>>
>>1107930
Now she is gonna grind on your neck
>>
>>1106237
>>1106347
I'm still very new and I'm taking the game at a very leisurely comfy pace, but I still cannot properly gauge the gem income and I'm someone who is typically a bit of a hoarder in other gachas I've played

I have Iphi, and Hismena, and I got a Black Clad Sw. somewhere in there too. These already seem to be insanely overpowered for where I am in the story, but is this even sort of a cohesive team? Is there anyone on this banner who is an additional "must pull" for a 4th slot, like this Necoco person? Like I said I'm normally a hoarder, and I probably want to use some of the free units in this game eventually just for fun, but I wouldn't mind summoning a little more if it would build me 1 cohesive team. If my team is already a hodgepodge that doesn't work together in the end game, then this hypothetical 4th character wouldn't really matter to me
>>
>>1108484
>1 cohesive team.
That's not really how this game works. You're going to be swapping characters a ton, especially at late game content.
For now the best thing you can do is roll for Necoco until you get one of her forms (meaning her 4* or either of her two 5*s), then play normally and gather the crossover characters.
The Chrono Cross chars (mostly Kid and Harle) are two of the best support units in the game and are widely used even by whales.
As for hoarding, the next "need to roll" banner isn't for a few months, which will be ES Mariel. The banners up right now are as good if not better than any that will come for the next few months, so you'll have time to replenish your stones.
>>
>>1108490
>That's not really how this game works
Oh, interesting. I figured there'd probably be a few teams I'd be rotating through at end game depending on what I'm doing, but I wanted (if these characters have synergy) to maybe get a 4th that way I have at least 1 cohesive/synergistic squad going. That's cool about Kid and Harle, because I like both of them, and thanks for the heads up about how far away the next must pull is. I'll roll for the Necoco after all

Oh, and while on the topic of hoarding, this game doesn't seem to have a pity system? Or does it and I'm just too new to recognize it? I would prefer to have 1-2 pities saved for "emergencies", but it doesn't even seem like that's a thing here
>>
>>1108496
No pities, the listed rates are the rates.
>>
>>1108496
Necoco has synergy with everyone, as long as there's a stance active.
>>
Necoco AS brings new life to a lot of characters that used to be held back
>>
>>1108632
>Icicle Zorch but x element
You love to see it.
>>
>>1108658
Absolutely, I might even use my star dream on alma just so I can have crystal zorch too.
>>
Is there a possibility we'll get another SDE when the new Main Story Chapter arrives? It's rather unnecessary for me but seeing bigger numbers makes me feel warm inside.
>>
>>1108862
It's not very likely, so I wouldn't count on it, but there is a possibility.
>>
>>1108864
If it doesn't oh well. I'm pretty sure Minalca is going to do some big numbers anyways.
>>
Violet lancer underrated for dungeons and exploring in general. Turn 0 mp for all chars is a huge qol plus generally being good. And I like who she is
>>
>>1109230
I see her rated well whenever people talk about her. In fact for dungeons I see her as overrated.
0 MP consumption has been a thing for a while, between Tsubame AS, Flammelapis, Cup of Invincibility Grasta, and most recently Noahxis.
If VL released during the P5 collab era, where the 0 MP clear meta was from VC attacks like Joker and Hismena, then she would absolutely deserve a spot in history, but being the 3rd or 4th gacha unit to accomplish a similar thing, when the Grasta had already existed for a while and with Noahxis being a free option soon after, she's not much more than a footnote.
Her Another Sense for superbosses, however, that's where she really carves her own niche.
>>
File: file.png (1005 KB, 1280x720)
1005 KB
1005 KB PNG
>8k CS
>No iphi
>>
>>1109381
me with Daisy and me with Alma
don't worry you'll get Iphi on the 8th whisper of time
>>
>>1109381
Same here, gonna use my SDE on her next time if my luck doesn't work out. Iphi seems like a lot of fun to use in a comp.
>>
>>1106532
What is it with the global first characters having quest lines that are so depressing?
>>
>>1109500
They are marketing to me. Successfully.
>>
File: 1673988300992.png (1.45 MB, 1600x900)
1.45 MB
1.45 MB PNG
And all done!
>>
>>1109381
Took me 10k, keep on going.
>>
>>1109552
Nice. Natty, or did you dump light into her? My Nero still only has about 130 points, and I've been playing from near launch.
>>
>>1109671
Been playing since Launch too. I finally activated the free trial today since it'll be good for January, February and March. She was 190, and I got 45 and then dumped 20 of the Light Spear items into her to finish her off.
>>
File: 1675232788673.png (1.41 MB, 3088x1440)
1.41 MB
1.41 MB PNG
I caught up with the main story and purchased the daybreak weapon pack a while ago. I don't remember if I went to baruoki tavern because my weapons are still lv1. I did go back to check but no sign of him anywhere so I guess I did but why aren't my weapons lv8? I'm so confused.
>>
>>1103493
I'm gonna be pulling for the Star Dream Encounter that has a 5 star of my choice at the end of it. Any recommendations who should I pull, which Another Style of Extra Style I should get?
>>
>>1109762
Go to the bars in each town and they'll get upgraded one level at a time.
>>1109834
If no Eva, get Eva
if not Melissa or Hardy, get Melissa
if no singer get either Misty or Pissaca
>>
>>1110000
Nice digits, but I don't know about Melissa. There's another paid banner where you can get her 100%. It feels like kind of a waste to use your SDE on her.
>>
>>1109834
https://aecheck.com/
List all the characters you have so we're not just blindly throwing names without context.
Like, yes in general Melissa is a good first option (although Singers are a dubious choice now that Aisha is a free option, I'd prioritize RCF, JT, Claude ES, etc. over a Pizzacat myself)
>>1110087
If he's only paying for 1 SDE and nothing else then it's better to see 10 random characters and then pull a guaranteed Melissa, than to see 9 random characters plus the last door be Melissa.
>>
>>1106532
I care not because I got the last paper I needed to get miyu es. My thunderdome team is complete now.
>>
>>1106532
It seems the global first characters tend to have such a huge backstory to them for some reason.
>>
>>1110384
probably to drum up hype for JP
>>
>>1110000
>>1110132
Thanks for the suggestions. Though I have also considered using my star dream to get one of the Alter Characters. Already got Alter Dewey and Premaya from older pulls and am considering Alternate Hismena. If not them, one of the Vortex Characters (Alma or Orleyya).
>>
>>1111016
Hismena is probably the best choice since she's so incredibly versatile. Alma isn't a bad pick either, since she's also versatile and brings Crystal zone.
>>
File: thumb[1].png (128 KB, 300x383)
128 KB
128 KB PNG
>>1111016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMZz2jLA5y4
get one of the op characters here. that 5 characters clears majority of the end game bosses
>>
>>1111157
I always skip right to eps 245 to share the struggle
>>
I realized I was able to kill the red star "boss" monsters that are level 28 while I was level 12 by abusing Iphi's zombie thing

I tried to kill some level 60 dinosaur too, but I only got it to about 70% hp before it kills Iphi. Maybe if I better understood how this game and the blood ritual thing worked I could do it. If I have infinite mana, is there some way I could infinitely zombie through a fight with Iphi, or it doesn't work that way because it would be too busted? Or can anyone explain to me how Walpurgisnacht works? Like it only reapplies the rez when there are no more rezzes left, but Iphi doesn't seem to get rezzed from her own skill, because as soon as something targets her she's just dead, and I think Walpurgisnacht wont reapply everyone else's rez until Iphi's ritual status is gone? I'm trying my best but I just don't understand the conditions of the skill, only its effects
>>
>>1111216
>If no other characters are under Blood Contract, all other characters enter Blood Contract
Iphi herself can't be in Blood Contract, so if 0/3 of your other characters have Blood Contract, Walpurgisnacht will put all 3 of them into Blood Contract.
If an attack would hit your entire party, it instead turns into a single target attack which hits the rightmost party member under Blood Contract, which deals 2x normal damage.
If an attack would only hit Iphi, it won't be redirected even if everyone has Blood Contract.

Red Dawn's attack pattern is: 1. Single Target attack, 2. AOE Slash Wind, 3. Single Target attack, 4. AOE Magic Fire, repeat.

With infinite MP, you could grind down Red Dawn if you had 2 characters with guaranteed Taunts that only lasted 1 or 2 turns each.
So the party of Iphi / Taunt1 / Taunt2 / NoTaunt -
Turn 1 you'd have Taunt1 use their Taunt and revive
Turn 2 you'd have NoTaunt tank the AoE and revive
Turn 3 you'd have Taunt 2 use their Taunt and revive
Turn 4 Iphi uses Walpurgisnacht since everyone consumed their Blood Contracts, and NoTaunt tanks the AoE again and revives
Turn 5 you'd have Taunt1 use their Taunt and revive
Turn 6 you'd have Taunt2 tank the AoE and revive
Turn 7 Iphi uses Walpurgisnacht since everyone consumed their Blood Contracts, Tank1 uses their Taunt and revives
Turn 8 you'd have NoTaunt tank the AoE and revive
Turn 9 you'd have Tank2 use their Taunt and revive
Turn 10 Iphi uses Walpurgisnacht since everyone consumed their Blood Contracts, and NoTaunt tanks the AoE again and revives

then you'd loop turns 5-10 until Red Dawn dies
Also note that if your Taunts last 2 turns, you'd want to use Taunts 1 turn prior to the turns I stated (ie. on the AoE turns of 2/4/6 instead of 3/5/7) so they'd run out before the next single target turn.

With Infinite MP against a boss that only uses AoE attacks, there's only a few things that counters Iphi. Most notably bosses that attack multiple times in a single turn.
>>
>>1111259
Thank you very much for the explanation and the write up. Unfortunately, I've looked through all of my character's skills, and it looks like I only have Nomar who can Taunt, so I can't give this a shot. Are you aware of any free units that are easily acquirable that have a Taunt? Do any of the Tales or Persona characters have a Taunt? Do you get them relatively early in their respective Symphony?
>>
>>1111431
The only free character I can think of is Starky, and he's fairly late game.
Although I thought of another way for Red Dawn, which only involves 1 Taunter, that makes use of Iphi's Blood Ritual to kill off your own units to manage Contracts.
Iphi / Taunt / slot3 / slot4
Turn 1: Taunt tanks the single target attack and dies
Turn 2: Iphi uses Lunatic+, targetting slot3 to kill them and slot4 dies to the AoE
Turn 3: Iphi uses Walpurgisnacht so Taunt can tank the single target attack and die again
Turn 4: Iphi uses Blood Ritual, targetting slot3 to kill them and slot4 dies to the aoe
then you just loop this over and over, with slot4 always tanking the AoE, Taunt always tanking the single target move, and Iphi murdering whoever's in slot 3

At least, I assume this would work; I've never actually tried to use Blood Ritual multiple times but the wiki doesn't state a restriction on number of uses so I think you could loop this indefinitely. Just make sure your Taunt doesn't drop (or hope the boss doesn't randomly attack Iphi if it does)
A sub-level 30 clear of Red Dawn would show just how far power creep has come, since it was one of the first "super"bosses(now it's weaker than endgame basic horrors) that was added to the game
>>
File: 1668343782240.png (2.67 MB, 1920x1080)
2.67 MB
2.67 MB PNG
>>1111443
Well, that certainly was something. Thank you very much for your help, I really learned a lot from that. I learned how Walpurgisnacht works better, I learned how Blood Ritual works, and I learned that bosses have a set pattern of attacks apparently (?), all super helpful things. Probably could have even done this at like level 12 whenever you get here, but I didn't have the balls to try a red star mob until around 14 or so, and then by the time I killed them all I was 18. I would have expected to gain more than one single level for beating a nearly level 60 boss, but whatever. No loot either, but I guess it doesn't matter since all the red star mob loot is weapons I can't use for another >10 levels anyway. Nomar the MVP

I have something I don't really understand though if you could shed some light maybe. Hismena's Peitzchetanzen is a type (S) attack, while Kettegrol is type (M), but Peitz was critting for ~8k while Kette was critting for ~3.5k. Is it because Peitz says (3 times)? Meaning it hits 3 times? Sometimes the layout of the wording makes it a bit difficult for someone who is new to understand which part of the ability is referring to what. And I suppose if the boss had resistance to Water that Schweklinge would have done the most damage since it says (x5) for resistance? Or I guess I was doing Shade due to Walpurgisnacht anyway, so they'd have to be resistant to Shade? Lotta stuff to take in, but I'm liking the game so far. I like "tank" characters like Iphi, it's a pretty neat way to go about it
>>
>>1111526
>Peitzchetanzen
Its damage modifier starts at 300%, then consecutive uses go down to 150%, 100%, and finally 50% where it stays until you swap to a different move, where it will reset to 300%
>Kettegroll
Its damage modifier is 120%
>Schwerklinge
Its damage modifier is 140%, which is multiplied by either 2x, 5x, or 10x depending on if Another Zone is active, the enemy resists Schwerklinge, or both, for a total of 280%, 700%, or 1400% - and that could either be Water/Shade or Slash(or Pierce/Bash/Magic if Hismena's attack type changes), but note that if an enemy Resists Slash but is Weak to Water/Shade, the Weakness takes precedence.

The damage modifiers aren't always intuitive just from reading in-game descriptions, which is why I doublecheck with every character's page in the wiki for if I need to maximize damage.
If I had to guess why Peitzchetanzen's damage is so high despite being (S), it's because it's basing it off of its 2nd consecutive use's damage multiplier for some reason. So it's being rated as a 100% AoE attack.

When Peitz says (3 times) it's referring to the Weapon Break (Slash) effect; the next 3 times the affected enemy would take Slash damage, that damage is doubled.
>>
>>1111545
I see, I'll probably check out the wiki then. Thanks a bunch for all your help, it's really been enlightening
>>
>>1111526
>I learned that bosses have a set pattern of attacks apparently (?)

They do!
https://anothereden.wiki/w/Superbosses
If you scroll down to Red Dawn at the bottom, you'll see he's one of the oldest and first superbosses. There are 3 versions of him (the one on Zol Plains and then two in the Boss Rush simulator which you unlock later).

https://anothereden.wiki/w/Red_Dawn
Here you can see the Zol Plains version attack pattern. First turn it does a single target basic attack. Second turn it does a Wind Slash attack to every party member. Third turn it does a single target basic attack. Fourth turn it does a Fire Magic attack on all party members. Then the pattern repeats.

A lot of superboss fights come down to figuring out the pattern of their moves and then using your abilities at the right time. There are a couple of bosses that have some level of RNG in their moves, but it's pretty rare. Of course with the wiki you can look up boss patterns and it's much easier to get through fights than trying to figure it all out and writing down the boss attack pattern on your own.
>>
This fucking game loves not giving me crystal of attack hence my dps grastas are dogshit disproportionately to how many Life Grastas I enhanced. Fuck you WPS.
>>
>>1112194
Ship Graveyard and Big Gonjuro in AGAD, Temple Ruins and Karakuri in PGAD, Bosatsu Cryer in FGAD, and Dimensional Destroyer Himika in Underworld are the best chest sources of them.
Kuruchi Cove and Ship Graveyard in AGAD, Jiraya Fortress, Kunlun Mountains, and Temple Ruins in PGAD, Contaminated Pit and Satellite Stadium in FGAD, and Ark of the Underworld and Dark Lord's Tomb in Underworld are the best Horror sources of them.
Or you could set up a Z-Steal macro with Kid for the 3% steal rate for Crystals.
>>
>>1112204
Wow, thanks for the huge tip! Are you a developer at WPS or something? How do you know so much?
>>
>>1112209
https://anothereden.wiki/w/Crystal_of_Attack
Just checked its locations on the wiki, and then looked through the ADs for which maps have chests that can give Crystals of Attack
>>
>>1106770
https://files.catbox.moe/01x81y.mp4
Updated this meme strategy to no longer rely on the Luna weapon's Shade debuff RNG, and removed Uquaji so it's just the GL-first units plus Curio (Cutting Curio out might be possible, but would require an AF that I'm too lazy to do)

Iphi has the Heavy Duty Badge and the Max HP, Sound Body, and Rapids Grasta all with Dormant ores
Eva has the Mujima Rod, Discipline Ring, and INT+ / SPD Halved Badge with the Power of Venom and Power of Poison grastas with Rose-with-Thorns and Bull's Eye ores, plus Benefic with +30 MP
Curio has Regret, Brass Pocket Watch, and Nine Lives Badge as well as the Sound Body Katana with Dormant ore plus his Regulator's Scorn grasta
Melissa has Illusion Shade, Subspace Ring, and 1000 HP Badge with Spell of Patronage and Falcon's Blessing Grasta, both with +300 HP ores

Now everyone but Iphi dies turn 1, since I realized Seance stacks at end of turn, not as soon as someone is revived.
Melissa needs to tank 2 single target attacks and then die to the 3rd to avoid Confusion RNG, since I couldn't get her bulky enough to tank all 3 while being immune to Confusion.
Since Curio takes damage from Iphi's Blood Contract on turn 1, his Hold Ground doesn't get consumed until turn 4 when Wyverus does its second round of AoEs.
>>
>>1111065
>>1111157
Right, lastly, should I consider getting Necoco? Someone already mentioned previously that Punished Dewey IS basically Necoco but Fists l, different element, Crystal and Lunatic and I already have Punished Dewey. So either pull for the guys as >>1111157 mentioned, Alma or Alter Hismena. But lastly, should I still consider Necoco still?
>>
Newfag here again. I just beat Chapter 11, and now I have no idea what the fuck any of this new stuff does

>Are there any handy dandy guides for the Another Dungeon stuff you guys can recommend?
I feel like I should be doing this ASAP because these appear to be this game's "stamina" type thing in that it regens
>Should I stop the story to do this Ocean Palace thing? (loving the CT references)
>Holy Prayer Spirit Encounter
I have Prai, Pom, and Erina already. I don't have Krervo, but also my Prai is only 3 stars, not 4. Should I pick Krervo or Prai?

And wtf Another Force is timed, I feel like I'll never be able to make good use of this
>>
nihongo or engrishu? just starting
>>
>>1112381
>ADs
you get 1 key every 6 hours, up to the maximum of 9 green/5 red (more with the subscription active)
early on, the rewards from ADs aren't great so their best uses are to collect the tokens required for the episodes like Ocean Palace, Two Knights, IDA School, etc.
doing this will also earn light/shadow for the respective sidestory character since they're forced to be in your party to run the dungeon
the other use of green keys early on would be running Miglance Castle with Aldo in your party to try and raise his light
when you unlock red keys, their main use is to get the tomes required to change characters into 5* classes, but they also double the odds of gaining light/shadow on free characters compared to green key dungeons, and for the Ocean Palace specifically you need to run its dungeon with red keys at least 17 times (closer to 25-30) to collect all the black pearls
eventually you'll unlock garulea dungeons, which use 2 green keys to enter and are the best use of green keys from then on

so for now, yeah, use your keys to either collect tokens for the episodes or to start farming light/shadow on your favorite story character

I'd hold off the Ocean Palace for now since you'll want to use at least some red keys on it anyways, and push for chapter 13 which will unlock 2 more episodes and the symphonies, and do those instead

Prai gets incredibly useful later, so an extra 4 shadow on him is worth more than the extra 4 light on Krervo when you inevitably pull him

for AF, it's best to put the big damage moves you want to spam with each character in the same skill slot, so you can tap your buff/debuff/lunatic/whatnot first and then just mindlessly mash skill #3
>>
>>1112522
You can swap in-game whenever you want, but I prefer JP voices since the EN ones are mostly bri'ish and with poor voice direction
>>
>>1112566
>the other use of green keys early on would be running Miglance Castle with Aldo in your party to try and raise his light
>start farming light/shadow on your favorite story character
I poked around the wiki and found the Another Dungeons and started looking around a bit. I don't have Miglance Castle unlocked, so I didn't consider it, but something I did find is that Hismena and Iphi both have their something or other in Man-eating Marsh, which is where Cyrus gets his Light upgrade, whom I prefer over Aldo anyway (sorry, Aldo). Though I assume since Also is the main character he probably gets enough stat upgrades to make it worth it to choose him to farm light on rather than Cyrus? How rare exactly are the books that drop in Very Hard for these characters? Like, will I already be farming this dungeon for long enough for Iphi and Hismena's things that it wouldn't be a terrible idea to choose Cyrus as my light farm as a consequence? For now I just did each dungeon I had unlocked one time for the Chrono Stones mission. Also, I assume that the 5 Light/Shadow that I get for these (monthly?) missions is best used on a free character, like ALdo or Cyrus, rather than on Iphi?

>for AF, it's best to put the big damage moves you want to spam with each character in the same skill slot
I'm playing on emulator so I think I'm going to have to set up some strategic screen tap keybinds; a timed QTE almost sort of thing was not what I was expecting. I was still reading Iphi's new ability when the AF ran out the first time I used it

>push for chapter 13 which will unlock 2 more episodes and the symphonies, and do those instead
Will do, thank you
>>
>>1112613
>Also, I assume that the 5 Light/Shadow that I get for these (monthly?) missions is best used on a free character, like ALdo or Cyrus, rather than on Iphi?
HELL NO, use that shit on your gacha characters.
Free characters can get to 255 through AD runs, Gacha characters you have to either pull dupes, or use the scarce Light Shadow items/trials/etc.
>Hismena and Iphi both have their something or other in Man-eating Marsh
assuming you're >>1111526 - your Iphi is already 5*, so her tome won't immediately do anything for you much later in the game you can turn 10 or 30 of her tomes into a special piece of gear exclusive to her and your Hismena is the Alter version, and her things drop from almost every single Red key dungeon.
Man-Eating Marsh itself is an awkward dungeon early on, because you need 120 Shadow for all of the rewards, but Cyrus himself is a Light character so you're not only running down 1 Shadow character but you're also not making any progress to the Shadow benchmark by running it.
>I assume since Also is the main character he probably gets enough stat upgrades to make it worth it to choose him to farm light on rather than Cyrus?
All the main story characters "recently" (like a year ago now) got buffed, and Aldo becomes extremely strong end-game, with his main skill's multiplier being based off of his light. Cyrus isn't as good, but he's still workable. And actually, Iphi looks like she'll work quite well with Cyrus. The main issue I had with Cyrus is his main damage move requires him to be below max health, but with Iphi's Blood Contract you can pretty much always meet that conditional.
So if you like him, you can absolutely farm his light and make him work.
>How rare exactly are the books that drop in Very Hard for these characters?
They are like 2-5% for each Tome, so assuming you have the required Light/Shadow for all end reward slots, about 10~15 Red keys expected per Tome.
>>
>>1112613
>>1112643
As for Opus/Codex/Treatise, it's a 0.1% drop per slot so it's entirely a crapshoot when you get one and which one you'll get.
But by running enough ADs you'll eventually get a White Key (use it immediately when you do), and by doing enough White Key gates you'll eventually meet an NPC who gives you 1 Opus/Codex/Treatise of your choice.
>>
>>1112613
Don't stress it so much - just play the game like a single player RPG and you'll eventually figure it out.
AF mechanics are pretty easy: if you don't have a Zone up, hit them with multihit skill they're weak against. Once you figure it out you'll be able to get 20-40 seconds of uptime, if not infinite (usually only happens if something is Thunder weak).
>>
>>1112643
>>1112647
>HELL NO, use that shit on your gacha characters.
I assume Iphi is a good use of it, then? I really like her so far. She "tanks", she "heals", she buffs, she shields, she has infinite mana, and she might not do a lot of damage on bosses, but she pre-emptive one shots (+heals) which is all the damage she really needs to be doing since she's busy doing other stuff in boss battles anyway. I think she even gets a bigger attack later that might be useful for bosses. She seems like a very "widely" powerful character
>So if you like him, you can absolutely farm his light and make him work.
I do prefer him character-wise (always had a Frog soft spot) but just thinking about a light grind seems like it would take maybe even like a year and then there's the complications about the dungeon itself you brought up that I didn't even consider, and then the fact that it's not the main character who is probably a "better" investment. Maybe I'll just sit on the idea for a while, but then the keys are burning a hole in my pocket and yada yada, I guess we'll just see what happens
>it's a 0.1% drop per slot so it's entirely a crapshoot
>you'll eventually meet an NPC who gives you 1 Opus/Codex/Treatise of your choice
I see. Probably not too bad of a rate actually over a long enough timeframe

>>1112699
>AF mechanics are pretty easy
My issue is that, not playing on phone, I can't physically hit the skills very quickly by selecting with mouse, so I haven't even thought about the actual mechanics of the AF. I'll probably have to set keybinds here pretty soon besides just the wasd that I've been using. Maybe I could even find a way to do it with controller which would be pretty comfy

Thanks again for all the help and information, guys, it's seriously been very helpful
>>
>>1112707
>I assume Iphi is a good use of it, then?
Absolutely.
The main breakpoints to aim for are at 80, 120, and 200 Light/Shadow.
At 80, a 4th skillslot is unlocked which is huge for characters like Iphi who want 4, or even 5 of their skills. In some cases this is just convenience, in others it can define a strategy for superbosses/battle simulator.
120, and 200 are more DPS focused, so someone like Moonlight Flower Hismena would benefit more from them, but they're obviously harder to get to. And Iphi's damage isn't bad, but like you said she's often doing something else every turn.
>Maybe I'll just sit on the idea for a while, but then the keys are burning a hole in my pocket
There are tons of Episode and Symphony dungeons to do in the meantime; get working on those Episode rewards while you consider whose light you want to work on.
When you do the collabs you can gain points for, say, Yuri or Harle who can then help you out with future dungeons.
>>
>>1112707
>I can't physically hit the skills very quickly by selecting with mouse,
Set it up like this
slot 1 - attack
slot 2 - buff you'll use first turn if needed
slot 3 - main attack skill
slots 4/5 - things you might need to cycle in
then just spam 23333333333 with all characters continually
put characters who need to swap between skills at the front of the party, ones who will spam endlessly at the end
>>
Got Alt Premaya, which is pretty cool.
>>
>+16 light for Veina
another 10 day buildup, another disappointment
>>
File: 103802448.jpg (968 KB, 2880x2880)
968 KB
968 KB JPG
Well I guess it's time to decide on my sde pick. Any advice? Leaning on yipha as so I have a strong wind support and wind/blunt zone setter.
>>
>>1113295
Probably one of the singer units (AS Misty or Pizza), but AS Yipha is more or less equivalent to one, but focused on a single unit.
>>
>>1113295
Wind Zone is available from a grasta now (and Sevyn if you don't need to overwrite zone), and you could get Blunt by sidegrading either Myunfa to AS or Suzette to ES.
You're missing both Melissa and Hardy, so Melissa for Flash Zone is an option.
You're missing Shion and Jet Tactician, so Jet Tactician for flipping resists is an option.
Otherwise, Alma, Yipha AS, or Claude ES. One of those 5 would be what I'd pick in your shoes.
Probably Jet Tactician if I wanted to go for optimal strength, or Alma if I wanted to go for cute girls.
>>
>just found out there are "hidden" quests
Are these going to be easy to find and do later? I don't really want to play the game side by side with a guide, but I came across the hide n seek quest in IDA and now my autism is triggered

Also, Iphi lvl 30s noob team finally got stopped by final form Azami because she only does single target attacks kek
>>
>>1113332
Those are only in the first two IDA events and give you joke weapons, don't worry to much about it.
>>
>>1113344
Alright I'll try not to let the autism tingle too much
>>
>>1113305
>>1113306
Now I'm kinda torn between misty as and jet tactician instead of yipha as. I like waifus but jets weakness/resist swap does seem amazing. But I will be rolling for minalca so maybe I won't need him to boost my fire team.
>>
>>1113598
If you have only superbosses left, get Misty, if you're fairly early on, get Alt Shion.
>>
>>1113601
I don't think I've done any super bosses. Only bosses that have been hard for me so far is a few weapon manifests, uquaji and battle sims.
>>
How come we never get holiday themed events?
>>
>>1113760
Because unlike other gachas, everything is permanent.
Having "Santa Outfit Precis" as an alternate style makes sense when that banner is only available from December-January and you can't pull her off-banner.
Having "Santa Outfit Shanie" as an alternate style makes less sense when you can pull her off-banner in the middle of July.
>>
>>1106239
>rolls iphis banner
>gets eva
newfriend here. should i continue trying to get iphi or do i get necoco? i only have eva and miyu. 10 rolls only for 4th anniv doesnt seem very generous desu. how is the crystal income for f2p?
>>
>>1113787
Congrats on getting one of the best characters in the entire game.
Iphi and Necoco AS are 2 of the best supports for Eva, so ideally you would end up with both of them.
>Necoco
When you have an elemental zone active, she can make the entire party's element match that zone. So with Eva, her Water-elemental Icicle Zorch can become Earth element with Necoco's zone, Fire or Wind element with certain free characters, or Thunder with Miyu's 3rd style.
Adding on to that, Necoco buffs all the relevant damage stats when she uses that skill, and she increases the bonus damage inflicted by hitting a weakness which will let Eva shred through anything weak to either magic or whatever element you turn her skill into.
And she has a skill that nerfs all enemies' damage, speed and defenses.
>Iphi
Like Necoco, she can make the party's element match the zone, but she can only do it for Shade zone (and she is the only character who can currently set it)
Also like Necoco, she has a really strong buff (though it trades the additional weakness damage for immunity to an uncommon, but debilitating status effect, and has a much longer duration)
She has basically the same skill that nerfs all enemies' damage, speed, and defenses that Necoco does
Her most notable trait is her Blood Contract which completely changes party-wide attacks and how death works; there are already other posts that describe it and how it lets you fight level 60-80 superbosses at level 20.
One thing Iphi does that benefits basically only Eva (and like 2-3 other characters) is boost damage of resisted attacks. Normally you'd want to hit weaknesses, and this is especially true if you had Necoco and her weakness multiplier buff, but Iphi's Shade zone can give up to +200% damage on a Resisted attack, which works spectacularly with Eva's Lucent Magi which does 20x damage if the enemy resists it - that stacks to a total of 60x damage.
>>
>>1113787
>>1113799
They're both super solid options, and you can't go wrong with either one of them. Necoco has a heal, and can work in any elemental zone instead of being locked to Shade, while Iphi can give her allies theoretically infinite lives and gives them a strong damage buff (that counts as Lunatic, which can be relevant for Eva's skills that say "when in Lunatic" if the battle lasts more than a few turns)
Necoco's banner ends at the end of the month, while Iphi's ends at the end of March, so I'd probably pull for Necoco first purely based on that.

F2Ps get showered in crystals for doing the main story, so you'll be able to do a lot of pulls early on, but once you're in end game and have fought all of the superbosses, done all of the quests, etc. you'll have to resort to fishing to scrounge up crystals for more pulls.
>>
>>1113799
>>1113809
nice, eva carried so many instances. in terms of versatility i guess i should aim for necoco first. any free story unit i should be looking out for?
>>
What do you think of the Apocryphas so far?
>>
>>1113867
Best thing they've done since Zerberiya.
>>
>>1113822
Aisha can set Fire and Water zone
Gariyu AS can set Fire zone, and his normal form with maxed out Manifest weapon is great
The Chrono collab characters are all strong and versitile
Noahxis deletes random encounters
>>
>>1113760
Please no, I don't want this to become like every other gacha with dogshit meaningless events that just incentivize really dogshit events with random fomo. I'm glad everything they add to this game is for the sake of having more to play.
>>
I have a couple more questions, sorry for so many
>Is the Star Dream Encounter an anniversary thing, or does it happen often?
>Is it more of a priority to clear the main story or the symphonies/episodes/sidequests?
>How important is it to deplete my keys every day?
The game really vomits a lot of different things to do after Ch13 but I kinda just want to continue the main story tbdesu. I went around and collected some cats and I did part of the IDA school thing, but now I just want to keep playing the story

Also I see what you guys were saying about AF how you can just put your attacks all in the same slot, for some reason I originally thought you had to not only click the character but also click the attack, kinda like regular mode
>>
>>1113972
3/4 times a year.
>Is it more of a priority to clear the main story or the symphonies/episodes/sidequests?
Both can be answered together: alternate story and crossover/side story/episode, etc. Most side content has a "grinding dungeon" associated with it that opens up after beating the main part of the episode/crossover, which you should use your red/green keys to get the rewards from. This is how you'll get a lot of stones at once early on.
The main story is very long at this point, but you'll want to get to chapter 55 before you start doing hard content because that's when the grasta (additional passives) system opens up.
>>
>>1113977
>3/4 times a year.
Cool, maybe I'll wait then. I've never paid for anything in a gacha game before, but ~6$ for any character I want seems like a pretty sweet deal when there is no gacha pity
>This is how you'll get a lot of stones at once early on.
I did the one for IDA a few times, put all the bonus point party members in there that I own, and have like 50k points, though I kinda wanna unlock VH versions of story dungeons since that's apparently where Fireside Necoco's thing drops. I was overloaded on keys though, so I did I don't even know how many in a row and I'm kinda burnt out for the moment even though I'm still at full keys (over full green keys)
>>
>>1113972
iirc there's always one every anniversary, and then there's 2-4 more throughout the year
I'd rank them symphonies > main story > episode > side quests; symphonies give the best free characters, main story is required for a lot and gives some big buffs via gear, episode characters range from nice to trash, and side quests are generally just 10 free CS and some exp scrolls. Of course this ranking is only for base completion, not grinding out all of the episode tokens for 825,000 points to get a chant script - that's much lower priority
Early on it's not SUPER important, since your Green Keys are mostly just going to give you episode/symphony tokens instead of the real good rewards. Once you unlock Garulea dungeons you'll want to spend enough Green Keys every day to never be at max capacity when the key refresh happens.
As for Red Keys, those are important not to be at max capacity either, since Red Key rewards include the rare Treatise/Codex/Opus and chests in Red Key dungeons (outside of episode/symphony dungeons) can contain Chant Scripts.
>>
>>1113986
>I'd rank them symphonies > main story > episode > side quests; symphonies give the best free characters
I don't think I really need the free characters, honestly. I'll do them all eventually of course, but Chrono Cross is the only one that I'm genuinely interested in by itself, even as someone who has played the Tales games and also P5 (and then also P5R). If the main draw of the symphonies is the free characters, reward wise, I'm pretty sure I can skip them for now because so far the only thing I've encountered that Iphi/Necoco/Hismena/BlackClad/Nomar can't kill is the final Azami fight because she only does single target attacks, and it probably didn't help that my team was like 35 with outdated gear at that point either

I feel like if I keep logging in and doing nothing but symphonies and episodes and key grinds that I feel obligated to do, then I'll eventually stop logging in. I've already got the IDA thing that I can spend red keys on. I'll start trying to whittle the keys down so that I'm not overcapped, but maybe I'll try focusing on the story for as long as I'm wanting to do that and then maybe bounce around the episodes a bit if I get bored with that until Cross unlocks. I guess I'm sorta just thinking out loud right now, but thank you for the information just the same
>>
>>1114004
>I don't think I really need the free characters, honestly.
That's because you're five minutes into the game. Harle and Kid are the backbone of the majority of endgame clears.
>>
>>1113867
Argentauri > Thundering Fortress > Ashihara > Kelkale
>>
>>1114004
Luckily Chrono Cross has both the best characters and the best gear from the Symphonies.
But even with a full powercreep team (which you're well on your way to already with Iphi, Hismena, and Necoco) Skull from P5 and either Yuri or Lloyd (or both) from Tales will be useful for multiple superbosses. Though not as pressing as getting CC characters
>>
>got mr kel
good 10 piece
>>
>>1114112
I used tales concerto arts and cless to cheese some bosses with a super powered up dark blade finisher.
>>
File: 1675760298790.png (3.81 MB, 2992x1440)
3.81 MB
3.81 MB PNG
>Alter Tsukiha AS next year
>>
File: 1675765501539.png (2.1 MB, 2996x1440)
2.1 MB
2.1 MB PNG
I love these stories. I'm happy I pulled for Alter Tsukiha; she's such a cutie.
>>
decided to spend. which paid gem banner should i aim for beginner account?
>>
>>1114392
Star Dream Encounter lets you pick a character you want.
>>
>>1114392
The Star Dream Encounter so you pick whoever you want. But make sure to do your free 10 daily single pulls. When you've done 10 of them, you'll get a free 5* character and, while very unlikely, it's possible you could pull the person you want.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.