[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vmg/ - Video Games/Mobile

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 26 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Luv me jewels
Luv me lightbulbs
Luv me login jewels
Luv me SaGa missuses
Luv me apolojewels
Luv me monster meat
'ate forging
'ate Death Master
'ate dat creator poofter
'ate rank grinding
'ate paid jewels
'ate waiting for shop resets
Simple as

Double SaGa Frontier 2 Banners straight outta the oven for you lads, get'em while they're hot
>>
Got Gustave and Misty without going fully bankrupt, I'm down to 32K now so the inevitable upcoming GLEX might be a forced skip.
Best of luck to you folks
>>
Posted in ded thread, though mods might delete this one, they hate two threads being up even if one's on page 10.
>Johan on the first pull
Desire sensor working as intended, he's the only one I didn't want. What do I do with this guy? Had his ancient styles since launch
>>
And Johan popped up again. Then an off banner, then Gus, and then finally Misty. With plenty of dead pulls mixed in. 11 pulls total, didn't have to pity. 36k jewels left, I should recover for Christmas.
>>
Took 10 pulls to get Gustave. Down to 416 gems.
How did I even get an uneven number of gems?
>>
>Misty and Johan in 5 multis
Should I keep going?
>>
I also got Johann on the first pull
I had to go to 13/15 before I got Gus but the banner is safely sweeped
>>
>>1051542
Do you really like Gus? Do you fear magic-wielding bosses? If yes, then pull. If no, then stop and consider yourself lucky.
>>
>>1051549
I have the 2 previous Gustave styles but I think I'm stopping here, maybe wait for a rerun
Next month seems like it will hell so better save
>>
>>1051552
Smart choice. Hell begins next month and won't stop for a few months at least.
>>
>offbanner trash
>offbanner trash
>offbanner trash
>offbanner trash
and that's all i got on the way to the pity; and that marks the 15th pity on a row for me. this is just too exhausting. screw everything.
>>
>>1051571
you seem like you could use another offbanner anon
have 6 of my final emperors
>>
>>1051571
You can have the Johans I pulled offbanner version
>>
what makes saga frontier 2 so different from the other titles
>>
>>1051630
You never played it?
It's kinda weird, for starters it's the only story focused games in the series, to the point that 90% of Gustave's side of the story is just cutscenes.
The game's kinda similar to RS2 in that it's a generational game, but unlike RS2 it's fully linear writing wise, you can proceed through scenarios in a non chronological order but the story doesn't change.
Mechanics wise it's also weird because it's a four men party game when the other games use five, then you have other weird stuff like Duel Mode, manual tech learning through command sequences, really weird magic schools (beast or tone), chip economy, it's pretty out there, it also doesn't have BR at all.
It did reintroduce old mechanics like weapon durability though, and also create a lot of new concepts like spell channeling or a prototype of the Role system Scarlet Grace uses.
>>
Got Gustave pretty early but had to hit pity for Misty ugh
>>
Which option should I pick when forging a claw for Misty?
>>
>>1052199
Pick any element, probably dark so Leonid can also use it
>>
>>1051630
it has characters with personality
>>
Besides debuffer Matriarch and healer Final Empress, what else are we getting next month?
>>
>>1052588
Debuffer Matriarch is Valentine matriarch so she won't come out next month.
outside of mystery GLEX/Main story and Femps' banner, December will have the SF1 mystic boys (Ildon, Ciato and Rastaban) and girls (Asellus, Rei, Mesarthim+Golden Lion welfare) double banner.

The boys banner will be alright, Ildon is a strong critical archetype AoE farmer, Ciato is DEX pierce DPS for bossing thanks to heat up stacks and Bloodslay which is really nice for rapiers, he also gets to evade up to six attacks with Mirror Shade, then there's Rastaban, who is a pretty mediocre to bad WIL debuffer for greatswords on paper, but the combination of Bloodslay, HPT and Mystic Power 3 automatically puts him in the "okay to good" tier, the best style in here is Ciato if you need a stronger rapier box, he's just pretty good in general though.

Girls banner is kinda bad, Asellus here isn't all that great, she's just tankier due to HPT and has a 4BP rotation, but her skills suck and if you don't have Pref Asellus for Triple Thrust inherit she's actually pretty mediocre, she's not as RNG based as Mystic Asellus at least.
Rei's pretty bad for a long list of reasons, her passives suck and don't have much sinergy, she's supposed to be a WIL debuffer but sucks at her job compared to pretty much any other WIL debuffer and is only passable if you have her previous two styles since you get any status ailment and some WIL debuffs in the same package, they'll probably change her and give her HPT though, if they do then she's salvageable.
Mesarthim is also mediocre since she's just a meh cold mage with a 5BP minimum party heal, she suffers the most in this banner because Macha will come shortly after her.
Golden Lion's a pretty solid welfare for slash AoE farming, as usual, but nothing beyond that, she's no welfare Rich or GLEX Cotton, but she's free and she's cute so there's that.
>>
>>1052606
>triple thrust
that skill stopped being relevant after 8BP SSS skills even before it was already a garbage skill because why use 8bp SS when you can bring counter SSS and do better burst
ildon is farming borderline god tier after crit tag weapons but still below anya because anya still gives bp flexibility
save until anya macha esper girl and byunei they broken opopop
>>
I got some questions about crafted weapons.
Do events go back to earlier molds like ancient?
Lets say I have a weapon with slash+. If I use an attack that is dual attribute slash + lightning, and enemy took lightning damage since it was weak to lightning, did the slash+ bonus activate?
>>
>>1052696
anything that has slash attribute gets damage bonus. the only thing that matters is you are using any skill with a slash attribute
>>
>>1052704
Thanks
>>
>>1052670
8BP SS rotates better than 11BP SSS, at that point you'd rather keep using Mystic Asellus for counter fishing since she hits way harder than NY Asellus and GL already has means to boost mitigation so much the HPT reduction from NY Asellus is fairly irrelevant, coupled with Mystic Power 3 RNG Mystic is just better at pushing DPS compared to NY if that's what you want out of Asellus.
As it is NY Asellus is more about competing with Iskandar for the tanky one handed sword frontliner spot, and I guess she is better than him depending on who you ask, I'd rather give NY Asellus' skill 3 to Mystic at this point since Mystic's only issue is being too reliant on RNG for survival and that skill will make her more stable, but that's just me, and we don't know what will happen to that style in GL either.
>>
>>1052569
so it's a game for uggo chasers
>>
>>1052606
>SF1 boys banner would be good for my box/meta
>SF1 girls banner has all chars I like but they're not good
Fug.

Also, gimme your GLEX Christmas predictions bros.
>>
File: style_320102.png (523 KB, 640x940)
523 KB
523 KB PNG
that watercolor picture of Gustave facing the viewer reminds me of Star Platinum for some reason.
>>
>fighting a literal egg shapeshifting alien.
>Loli Misty looks like Malon
>boss theme is quite stellar.
what else does SF2 have?
>>
File: 1664370693300.png (97 KB, 350x543)
97 KB
97 KB PNG
>>1052806
Misty doesn't really look like Malon outside of that art, Kobayashi's Misty is fairly different, although it's hard to find any good image of her concept art.
Not like Misty appears much in the original game either, what you've seen in the current event is a faithful recreation of the game's cutscenes for parts of Rich's scenario, and the only times Misty ever appears in the game.
>>
>>1052738
8bp ss is trash in damage output and asellus has garbage damage output the reason to use the 11bp sss is because of the counter
the only major use asellus has seen was that deflect for tanking but that was almost a year ago
generally think like almost every style this year except a few was fucking garbage and that both iskander and asellus are trash but you do you
>>
>>1052821
>I'm going to kill all Wil Knights and incubate this egg on his grave.
>>
>>1052833
That's hot.
>>
>>1051609
That one is actually useful unlike his new version.
>>
scarlet grace and the final fantasy sagas are on sale.
>>
>>1053029
The Final Fantasy Legend can actually blow me.
>inventory limits
No. NO! Never again.
>>
If a boss has 999 of a status resist can you still apply it if you do enough buff/debuff and weapon gems, or is it impossible?
>>
>>1052806
the egg is not an alien. go play the game.
>>
>>1053051
They were gameboy games, you could only do so much at the time and nobody made a handheld RPG before either.
Besides the SNES games had inventory limits too.
>>1053079
I'm not sure how status resistance debuffs work in terms of math but it's not possible at the moment, we don't have any mean to constantly debuff WIL in large amounts and status resistance debuffs are extreme RNG now.
>>
>>1052749
hopefully another sagasca glex banner. better yet, if it's balmaint-themed. imagine: glex shaams, balmaint, sigfrei, and arthur. i would whale for that.
>>
Did they discontinue the free monthly jewels deal in the shop?

I can't find it. That was pretty much the only thing I bought and I guess they expect me to buy other stuff.

I'm not going to.
>>
>>1053079
I think the highest I've ever been able to inflict status was vs around 450 or 500 resistance, and that's with a team meant to nuke enemy WIL and buff my own INT. I don't think 999 is possible.
>>1053372
I can't find the monthly thing either. Must've been one of the things that changed with the shop.
>>
Making Misty eat ALL the eggs!
>>
>>1053401
why are you doing this
>>
>>1053372
>>1053398
yeah it was mentioned in the news, they removed it temporarily because of the price changes. wonder how they'll change it
>>
>>1053462
>>1053398
Shit that sucks.
>>
Are SS weapons with the 60% stone the best? Or are 90% weapons still the best?
>>
>boot up save file of Saga Frontier on Switch
>check over Riki and some of the monsters
>Riki is a Black Dragon
might as well make Thunder into a Thunder Dragon.
>>
File: EGG_.jpg (55 KB, 426x342)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>EGG time
Fug, I still need to do 14 more floors of the Pandemonium tower.
>>
>>1053586
Dunno man but seeing Elysed dunk out 200k damage for 6 bp is quite something.
>>
>>1053594
There's a month, don't rush it, most of the Edelritters fights are annoying as hell and the Egg is worse than that.
>>
>>1053965
How the fuck do you even beat the big egg boy? The amount of HP it has is absolutely absurd.
>>
ok, it seems that i am not able to fight the lords, or the tree or the egg, what the fuck happened here? is this another bertrand stage?
>>
>>1054085
Seems so. I have a big array of fully maxed characters, including many from SSS tier and this shit just deletes me while not really losing any HP.
Seems like this is made for 30 turn scrum guard turtle+healing meta with shields and Liam as the only damage dealer.
>>
>>1054085
The treefolk is easy to T1 by now, but the edelritters and the Egg are a pain in the ass, the Tree and Tone Lords are especially stupid.
You can AGI scum the water lord though, I used a basic AGI scumming team with Nusakan and had little issues.
Beast Lord can be beaten with GLEX Cotton provided you have strong attackers, I used Misty for that fight while Cotton tanked and everybody else played support, don't use Liam since Beast lord can do direct LP damage.
Stone Lord can also be turned into a DPS race if you have certain styles, but if he gets too trigger happy with hornet sting it will be painful, Liam is risky here since he can't withstand the direct LP damage, the recent Wil is pretty good for this fight since he tanks well, has good DPS and can also evade.
Fire Lord is mostly just souped up Fire Lord, except now he can also do LP damage with Sunspot Destroyer, so again, Liam comps are kind of a russian roulette, you need WIL buffing and a debuffer so that he doesn't instantly paralyze your team with Meditation+Meteor Shower.
Tone Lord and Tree lord are giving me issues, though I suspect I can beat Tree Lord with GLEX Cotton at least, no clue what to do with Tone Lord though since I don't have Halloween White Rose for super WIL stacking and he just mass confuses my teams on T1/T2 for an instawipe.
Even with a lot of meta styles like Mask, GLEX Therese, the latest Gustave and whatever else there's a lot of RNG, don't feel bad if you can't beat the Egg, it's meant to be really fucking hard.

It's funny in a way since SF2 is really easy and these fights are the complete opposite of what they were in the game, the Edelritters especially were pretty pathetic since they're super easy duel fights that also also have timeout win condition, you'd have more trouble with the Griffin or the Lich in the tower of Laubholz than any of those jobbers.
>>
>>1054107
If you beat the lords before fighting egg do you lose the option to fight him in all forms? Is there a benefit for doing so or not? I haven't touched it yet since I'm still training my units (Barely finished Spiral 150 last night before it closed), and right now I'm training units in various nodes to clean out the shops while I'm doing work.
The DPS race seems interesting but I need to see what he's weak against since most of my stronger styles are M.Arts and Staff.
>>
>>1054162
Looking at the videos it seems I answered my own question. At least I still have those options. I'll have to worry about team comps after I farm enough mats to drown myself in them. On another note, are bronze weapons a meme? I'm not sure how their bonuses (aside from the 3 standard ones) apply to most of the game.
>>
where's a good place to unlock skills and increase their ranks? Or should I just wait for Asura's Training?
>>
>>1054095
>Seems like this is made for 30 turn scrum guard turtle+healing meta with shields and Liam as the only damage dealer.
That's what I've been doing, though all I've tried are Treefolk Romancing and Water Lord. Treefolk dies super fast to Liam, I think he four shots them once he's set up and Water Lord didn't take too much more.
>>
>>1054212
Bronze is a meme, yeah.
>>1054222
Seeker's Path comes around pretty often, just wait for that.

Also, reminder to anyone worried about the Egg and Lord fights: the notice said they will both be added later as permanent events.
>>
i may need to checklist the S units and A units. I sometimes wonder if there are units who aren't available that are S and A units that are seasonals? trying to get Gustave.
>>
>rematch button for hidden dojo
>no next match button
?
>>
>>1054324
https://rsrsdb.com/styles
>97 A ranks
>165 S ranks
>526 SS ranks

assuming the database changes to meet JP overtime.
>>
>>1054338
75 of 97 A rank units
89 of 165 S rank units
135 of 526 SS rank units

>>1054334
did you check the character's style EXP and amount of promotion scrolls you have?
>>
>>1054076
lol, just use the faggot combo: liam, redditriarch, mask, aoe heal unit. the remaining unit is up to your choice.
>>
>>1054687
I have Liam and DEX + protection paean reddittriarchs but my only AoE "healers" are Esper Girl and Mirsa. I also have Alkaiser and Goddess for that one time full party heal but that won't cut it.
I don't have FE or the water festival Narwhal's Daughter (only the latest one), no Mask either.
Does the boss remove debuffs?
>>
>>1054758
yes, the usual 30 or 40% cap until it erases its debuffs; it can also break your int and agi buffs at the same cap or so. hp is really needed for the fight, like 2000 or so, so don't bother with it unless you're one of those 24/7 macrogrinders. the event is permanent, so there's no need to hurry. you can wait until the stats hit the 210 cap for an easier time; i did that in the japanese version and managed to defeat the thing without much trouble.if you're desperate you can try paralysis during the beast form, but that requires keeping on check int buffs and wil debuffs, which is just a bother honestly.
>>
>redditriarch
why do people call her that? did they undersell her or smth?
>>
>>1054914
popular=reddit
>>
>>1054916
sounds retarded but what do we call liam
>>
>>1054212
Bronze is good for farmers of the associated series, and certain specific characters like Sekishusai if you get some super insane luck to have a 110%+ weapon.
>>1054918
His Worship
>>
>just realized I have six of eight Gustaves
>missing "A Conqueror's Anguish" and "A Little too Big"
guess i'll wait for that other event Gustave.
>>
ugh, Red Mage's banner next, fuck that I planned to save for him and now I'll have to skip
>>
>>1055003
What does that dude do? I only care about unique and niche styles now.
>>
>>1055003
Also gonna have to skip, shit sucks my man.
And looking at this dual element SS staff we're gonna be getting, I just realized I should've got the Staff Master stone and not the Axe Master stone. Dammit, it'll probably be at least 2 months before we can get a second 60% damage stone.
>>
>>1055012
WIL debuffer with RNG based HP drain chase.
Flamme/Flammar is unique in that she has Reviver, but that's not all that good.
Friere/Frielei is a weird T2 Slash farmer.
>>
>>1055017
Sounds gay but what does reviver do?
On a side note, should I try to pull the new Eleanor for that 10 turn regeneration?
>>
>>1055024
I take you don't play the games, Reviver is a spell that automatically revives a character if they get KO'd, it's a recurrent spell in the series.
It's not that good because Flamme has to pay LPs for that though.
And don't pull for Eleanor, Soul Hymn is pretty crap in this game and she's middling right now with no future style to fix her.
>>
>>1055031
Thanks my dude. It seems I can finally save gems for some time after pitying the halloween banner.
>>
Does the bonus from forged weapons stack?
>>
AIEEE
egg sama
I fucking kneel
>>
Arsenal pulling its weight as a guaranteed buff dispeller and Mask being an absolute champ eating two Fatal Bites for 4 LP on a Triple Strike. Three down, three to go.
>>1054107
I must've got really lucky on Fire Lord as my standard Liam team sleptwalked through it on the first try without seeing that LP damaging move.
>>
>>1055017
what's the weird part
>>
>>1054918
liam? more like LAME. just like any clear associated with him.
>>
>>1055109
She's weird in the sense that like all lore based styles they put strange handicaps on her, similarly to the current on banner Johan who is permapoisoned since he's from the time of the battle of the citadel when he was dying because of the Scorpion's poison, so much like his last fight in the game he takes constant damage every round.
So her first passive makes her start a battle paralyzed to reference how she encased herself in ice in the southern fortress to seal away the Obsidian Sword, then on round 2 and beyond she can finally pull that S AoE slash with the obsidian sword, which thanks to her passives is actually pretty good, iirc only Souji and Ludwig are better than her.
>>
>you will use ze final empress
>you VILL use ze matriarch
>you absolutely will use ze liam
>else you won't clear content
It's all so tiresome.
>>
>>1055371
You (might) be able to make it work without Liam. Matriarch isn't core yet. Mat is mandatory.
Don't even think about doing the fight without her. She has no substitute and PWR will die too quickly.
>>
>>1055376
*Fempress isn't core yet
Fempress won't be core until next month when she gets her xs heal.

Matriarch will never be challenged on her throne.
>>
>tfw you don't have any final empress styles
>>
>>1055384
They'd be literal fools not to rerun her next month given it's our anni.
Brace for misery in 2 weeks.
>>
>>1055386
Why can't I use FUN styles? Why can't I substitute that slut with the new chad Gustave I pulled?
Why did they overload her with both scrum guard and the perfect shield?
Why can't I substitute Liam with Leonid who also shits damage while being a BP battery?
Why are most support styles hot garbages so we're stuck with redditriarch? Why can't I use my Minstrel instead?
>>
>>1055389
>Why can't I substitute that slut with the new chad Gustave I pulled?
You literally can. Until fempress gets that heal gus just beats her flat out. And after she gets that heal Gus still beats her against magic damage

e.g:
800 damage magic incoming post scrum and passives
Fempress 180 heal brings it to 620
Gustaves -35% brings it to 520
It only starts winning out at extremely low amounts of incoming damage which requires additional supports besides her to brunch that damage down to 300.
Gus exists to reduce incoming magic damage and he is literally the best unit in the game at doing that.

>Why can't I substitute Liam with Leonid. Because Leonid doesn't do remotely the same damage and the only units that can compete with Liam in Global is Therese who still doesn't do Liam amounts of damage because Liam is stupid.

>Why are most support styles hot garbage
Instead of making them fill out new niches they're designed to fill out unusable niches
eg.; Aries is dogshit in 99% of the content and will continue to be so and can't compete with fempress in the one thing he's good at over a boss fight with mixed damage. Cielmer. Farrah. Soon to be red mage. Etc.

>stuck with matriarch
Because they clearly want her to be meta with nobody even remotely coming close to her level.
>>
>>1055389
>Why can't I substitute that slut with the new chad Gustave I pulled?
You can? Gustave's much better than Matriarch for things like the edelritters fights, even though I would use neither.
>the perfect shield
Femps' shield isn't perfect, it only gives you one round of damage immunity IF you don't get crippled by a shutdown stat, in which case the shield deactivates, it's very strong but very situational and the more time passes the more niche it will get.
It also does nothing against direct LP damage, you get hit by something like Fatal Bite/Sunspot/Star Quake and you'll eat shit.
>Why can't I substitute Liam with Leonid who also shits damage while being a BP battery?
Because Leonid's a weird support/self sustain hybrid, not a DPS style, you CAN swap Liam for other people in some cases, take the Egg fights, you can use GLEX Therese or Misty instead of Liam, they'll also be way safer than Liam since you can't stack too many chasers against the Egg due to Star Quake.
>Why are most support styles hot garbages
There's plenty of good support styles though, Mariah for starters, Halloween ND is a must for AGI/WIL scumming the current 7H tower, same with Nusakan.
I don't really understand why you're complaining about the one, single use Matriarch or Liam have in this game, this game is also based on RS3 so it's unthinkable to pretend that the fucking matriarch wouldn't be a core style, let alone one of the OGs, nobody forces you to do the most tryhard shit out there, which is the only thing where """"""meta"""""" matters, even in most Romancing fights you can do pretty much whatever as long as you have a decent box.
>>
>>1055444
>even in most Romancing fights
Has there been a single romancing we haven't gorilla'd with junk units?
I think the literal only one was summer 1's back when everybodies box was shit.
>>
>>1055464
iirc Romancing Silver was giving people trouble since they buffed her so AGI scumming wasn't as effective.
Romancing Eveline was also a similar deal when it released, nowadays she's a chump though, ventus alone smokes her.
>>
>>1055384
I only have her GLEX, is this good enough?
>>
>>1055500
That's literally the only one you need
>>
Roc on floor 195 said no boys allowed, so Liam was benched in favor of the girl squad! It was weird using Fempress as my main damage dealer, but slow and steady won the race on the first try. I've slowed down to just doing two floors per day, so that's it for now.
Gonna go see what Tone Lord's like before I finish for the day.
>>
>>1055523
Tone lord dunks on me
I'll be looking forward to your progress
>>
>>1055525
Yeah, I just tried a couple times and what the fuck is this boss? WIL stacking from GLEX PWR and Mama is helping me dodge the ailments, but triple high damage aoes every turn isn't something I can survive and keep up with with limited aoe healing.
I'm gonna try slotting in the new Gus but only about half of Tone Lord's attacks look like spells so I'm not sure if it'll be enough. Gotta go burn some gold pieces to take him to 50.
>>
Max turtle comp with Gus, Mariah, Mama, PWR and Liam can't even withstand all this bullshit.
So I looked around youtube and first result is an INT nuking comp. I go to check Tone Lord's skill list and to my surprise, it doesn't have Defy Weakness.
Rev up those INT nukers boys.
>>
>>1055535
My Real queen is incapable of nuking int and it bugs the piss out of me
>>
>>1055537
Mine can, but shit like Oscillation and Sonic Blaster are still hitting for quadruple digit damage. I need to lower his AGI too I think. This team is identical to the one I saw on youtube except I use RQ instead of the latest Schirach.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXnu9dbqXuk&ab_channel=YappiYap
>>
Hmm, not sure if this is gonna be possible without Schirach for that STR/AGI debuffing role compression. To mitigate the damage, you have to somehow get big debuffs on this bastard for STR, AGI and INT all at the same time. Even then the first few rounds would be very rng heavy.
>>
>>1055545
I'm going to try a triple combo of Byunei, Schirach, and Cat/Rabbit at some point. If that doesn't work then I'll be truly out of ideas and will have to look up a strategy
>>
>>1055553
I found the play. It does require debuffing those three stats, but thankfully three separate characters plus Narwhal's omni debuff does the trick. Turns out there was one other clear on youtube and I had the exact styles needed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQtXKb1YLJM&ab_channel=seujai
Team is shown at the very end, skip to the time code in the title to find the winning run. I replicated it with ease on the first try.

Be warned, it's a long ass (20 min+) fight because the STR/DEX debuffs mean your only sources of damage are Jellyfish and chocoballs. But it's safe as fuck, all his spells did zero damage and his martial arts skills did less than what Mariah heals were giving me. Just normal attack/Acupuncture+ with Mariah (later on she will always whiff it but wait for OD to guarantee it connects; she'll build OD like crazy here), alternate Jellyfish and Trick or Treat Festival with ND, Mama spams PoV, Monika spams Blurry Needles (and uses Floral Flap on OD if she has the BP) and PWR spams chocoballs.
>>
>>1055554
kudos, anon
I'll try slugging it out come this weekend
I had to put egg 10 on hold because the fucker was still paralyzing Rag which instantly ends the fight.
I might have a nonstandard idea for clear if I can solve his ailments but I'm going to safely liam it first.
>>
>do "A Conqueror's Anguish"
>Brownie daydreams of being hitched with a nurse thanks to Valtor (?) due to him talking about ripples in time affecting the tower.
now i want a doctor alt. I know Vampire Lady has one.
>>
File: 82098013_p3_master1200.jpg (472 KB, 768x768)
472 KB
472 KB JPG
>>1055556
Good luck!
>>
File: 1667366118434.jpg (32 KB, 580x351)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>1055554
yeah, I have neither halloween WR not that Monika so I'll put the glorified subwoofer on hold
>>
Fuck this I'm just going to improve the styles I think look cool
>>
>>1055444
I was able to beat Water Lord with a team of ITOKEN, Human F, Real Queen, Esper Girl, and Gustave. I wanted to try different styles and see how they held up without Matriarch/Liam being the crutches in most parties, it's doable, but it will take a little longer than you might expect. Funny part was, I never trained RQ's jawbreaker so it would have been much easier if I did.
>>
Buffs are out, nothing crazy though
>Flamme
Minor INT buffs, WIL went from 82% to 100% though.
Skill 1 now gives very small HP heal
Reviver now costs 5BP
>Friere
Minor END and WIL buffs.
Damage boosts on passive 1 went from very large to extreme.
Skill 3 is not [Fast] and grants Medium Heat/Defense Up to self.
>Red Mage
Minor AGI/INT/CHA buffs
Passive 1 now gives very small HP on hit on top of the 37% chance of chasing with Energy Steal+

So they all got a bit better at what they do, Flamme can now push Reviver better, Friere has the strongest T2 Slash AoE in the game and Red Mage is a bit tankier.
This still feels like a ploy though because Minstrel Song remastered releases next week and we all know there will very likely be a GLEX or some other time travelling banner like the double MinSon MC banners.
>>
>>1056024
Yep, gonna skip. They're all cool, but I don't care for Flamme and Friere's gimmicks and Red Mage I would probably just use for WIL debuffing, in which case I'm fine with resetting for a turn 1 proc of Scorn's much larger WIL debuff passive.

Fingers crossed for GLEX Aldora, she needs a new, good, not necessarily tied to a holiday style and they seemed to be making a big deal out of her extra story in particular during TGS.
>>
>>1056205
I agree that the sisters are too niche to be worthwhile but you're kind of underselling Red Mage, he's a real good style, basically a reverse Kujinshi in that you have overall more stable tanking, more stable WIL debuffs and a better status repertoire but less reliable/broken self healing, and of course you lack the sheer damage peaks kujinshi can push with good RNG.
It's a very good swiss army knife style, something you can easily slap in several different comps, unlike Kujinshi, honestly I'd totally pull for him since somebody with that survivability, versatility and Dark Wash+ is really inviting, plus he's fucking Red Mage which is mandatory for any Seiken Densetsu fan.
>>
>>1056212
Maybe on a reprint or bottomless. Sounds like a nice spook. Speaking of bottomless, hasn't it been like six months since the last one? How often do they happen over on the JP side?
>>
File: 1655543665296.png (333 KB, 480x480)
333 KB
333 KB PNG
Holy fuck a free 10 pull ticket for the new banner?!
ICHI-P MERCIFUL HE ALI ICHIKAWA!
>>1056285
bottomless are usually pulled for anniversaries/seasonal events, we're going to get the usual new year Romancing bottomless next month
>>
Of course I got nothing with the free multi ticket
>>
>offbanner mythe trash again
i already have like 200 pieces of that useless fag. screw this game.
>>
do all blonde headed vampires looks the same in every gacha? Vania from Dragalia looks like Vampire Lady.
>>
>>1056355
but do they smell the same?
>>
I got nothing with the ticket of course but I hope they do this with all future soul banners, as they're often filled with a lot of underwhelming styles.
>>
File: comfy.jpg (16 KB, 320x320)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>Blunt/Single
>Magia Fight
>Liam in the front, GLEX Doll in the back
>three trainees in the middle
>auto repeating macro
Peak comfy farming. The 20 BP starting, Seeker's Path increased chance to rank up skills/spells and 5x style exp for paying for all those hidden stat unlocks makes this the best event they've ever released, all with a new stat cap.
>>
Used the free ticket expecting something red and got some cold girl so I thought fuck it and BECAME A LUCKCHAD WITH PULL ON THE FUCKING END EOS NEVER EVER AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>1056425
I got nothing.
>>
File: 1652959646917.jpg (202 KB, 1300x1300)
202 KB
202 KB JPG
>>1056425
Based
Now give me your fucking fatestone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wh6YT8yesDU
>>
>>1056400
Checked.
Only thing that's missing are those sweet x3 potions.
>>
>>1056425
I'm glad one of the sagabros here got the grand prize, congrats!
>>
I think I'm ready for the 2.5 anni
>>
>>1056844
Whaling or autism?
>>
>>1056853
My luck is terrible and I always have to pity the styles I want, so I only pull on really good banners
>>
>>1056886
Based
>>
>>1056844
I've got a bit over 50k and I'm massively jelly. Still, I wish you luck.
>>
>they ported glex monika, mikh, coppelia to jp
>but you need to watch ads to get them
lol
>>
>>1057176
I wonder how many ads you need to watch to get one style
Might be better than having to spend 45k jewels because the game gives you every style except the one you want
If this feature also comes to GL, then it's pointless to pull for GLEX in rerun banners?
>>
>>1057191
who knows how it'll work when it comes to gl. it appears you'll have a chance of earning an exchange medal after watching an ad. funny to see how many "glex" things are being ported to the jp version. they ported skins initially, then the jewel roulette, and now they're porting whole units. too much complaints from japmans, maybe? they should begin porting buffs.
>>
>>1057218
Japs have all the rights to complain, GL is simply a better version of game outside of the localization, it's no wonder they're gradually adding every single GL feature to JP, if they didn't it would make them look as if they're using the JP servers as a beta test for GL.
They totally deserve to get the GL buffs too.
>>
File: 1669495100333795.png (3.08 MB, 1220x1800)
3.08 MB
3.08 MB PNG
>>
>>1057307
yes
>>
File: skotef.webm (2.72 MB, 626x360)
2.72 MB
2.72 MB WEBM
>>1057307
Don't tempt me with a good time.
>>
>>1057307
damn misty really let herself go after releasing togetic.
>>
>>1057307
where did you find the full illustration? could you post the source?
>>
>>1057307
Perfect, thank you.

On an unrelated note, this floor 199 all 7 Heroes gauntlet is bustin' my balls. Kzinssie keeps giving me the ol' 99 LP succ on the first wave and his paralysis res is higher on this stage so idk if I can go for the old cheese I used on his human form. And if I did, that strat is committing too much; it might not hold up versus the other six.
>>
There we go, got 'em!
Ended up copying this team from a youtube vid after a number of failed ideas. Long ass fight though, nearly 40 minutes. Had my anus clenched every time Kzinssie used Soulsteal on wave 1, but the rest was child's play.
Hopefully this'll work just as well on floor 200.
Speaking of long ass fights, this team worked so well, I think I might be able to beat Wastelands War with it if I ever have a few spare hours.
>>
File: Misty.jpg (322 KB, 1220x1800)
322 KB
322 KB JPG
>>1057509
got it from google images on a gaming news website
>>
>>1057682
oh, i thought you had found found the illustration in the original artist's page. thank you, regardless.
>>
Robin and Fake Robin styles when?
>>
>set up julia to learn her abilities
>make sure she attacks every turn
>1200 stamina later
>still hasn't learned aqua viper crash

Can you still learn bow skills while casting spells? Or am I just having an extreme run of bad luck?
>>
>>1057785
Once a character is put in a spell stance they can't learn techs, ever, do a couple of manual battles on normal auto
>>
I wish there was an exchange for the different equip forging ore and molds. Or make events have some of the stuff purchasable.
>>
Fug. I almost went the distance with my dodgy agi memes, but Sharpen spelled my doom. Back to the drawing board.
>>
And there we go. Managed to find a team that I had the exact styles from, this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJ_VUnbS_r8&ab_channel=SilverWarrior%E6%88%98%E7%A5%9E
Still took a measure of luck to win on the first try, those double Life Steals from Kzinssie each round when Liam only had 1 LP had me shittin' bricks.
Man, this boy is OP and this fight drove that home yet again when he was two-shotting some of the Seven Heroes. Or even one-shotting in Noel's case!
Tower done, now I can get back to fuckin' around with the elemental lords later tonight.
>>
>>1056212
>You can easily slap in several different comps
The only comp he fits in is status comps. Putting this style into literally anything else is a waste of a slot. It's a low damage style with poor loops and virtually one element.
The only point of note is that he's currently the tankiest holder of dark wash+.

>>1057176
Still using the phrase GLEX.
Anyways those styles finally getting ported over may mean we finally get to see amps on Monika's counter. Because holy hell is that thing showing it's age.
>>
They better port the flex roc style
>>
>>1057911
He's one of the very best WIL debuffers in the game and has access to Poison and Confuse, all of which have valuable applications for high difficulty bosses and remembrance fights, you can bring him into the last 10 floors of the current tower and he'll perform very well even if you're not WIL nuking since he has Dark Wash+ doesn't die instantly like Roc or Rouge do.
It's not really low damage either since he has an RNG B chase which makes him perform as good as the currently hardest hitting shadow nukers in terms of damage outside the latest Roc and Death with good RNG, unless your standard is current JP styles in which case it would be a dumb comparison.
>>
>>1057946
>B chase
With our stat caps it should be 55kish on 45 shadow weak? Less on less.
Not bad.

Very few bosses are solely shadow weak and outside of shadow there are many other units with way more damage.
>unless your standard is current JP
It wasn't but since we're on the topic.
Schirach, Roc, Orlouge, Rouge, Saruin, mech banner talon, etc all have a future. This is the only red mage style you're getting for 8 months+ assuming they reveal another one in the coming weeks.

His capability as a jammer isn't under dispute. He's a very VERY good jammer. But saying he can be dropped into a "variety" of comps is my point of contention.
He's got two universal rolls
Jammer and stat nuker.

Putting him anywhere else is a flex pick.
>last 10 floors of tower
He's good in the last 10 floors of tower because he inables his status ailments barring 197-200. If you mean using him in your support team with 1 deeps over Liam that's a full on flex.

I want the style but given we're literally 3 days away from our anni + RS;MS + xmas banners. I'm not that insane.
>>
>>1058014
Not saying he's a must pull or anything, unless you don't have somebody with Dark Wash, just that he's a very solid style with lots of tools that can be easily used for the vast majority of hard content.
Would I bring him to things like Egg 10/Genocide Heart?
Not really, but everything else is fair game, especially since he self tops, any style that self tops reliably instead of relying on external healing is automatically good, especially when they're so hard to kill and can do other things.
>>
File: 1640110215215.jpg (31 KB, 411x310)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>Anniversary countdown
>>
>>1051506
i need a vocaroo of this
>>
should i have rolled for wil knights banner before reset? it'll come back in the summoning pool eventually right
>>
Just saw Romancing Saga 2 and 3 are ~$8 each. Seems like a good deal. Are they really long games?
>>
>>1058109
your milage may vary

https://romancing-saga-2.blogspot.com/
https://romancing-saga-3.blogspot.com/
you can buy physicals on amazon for 40. there are also guides online about tech sparking and seeds for each character that can learn.

here's a guide for Saga Frontier

https://essenceofsaga.wordpress.com/
>>
>>1058109
I finished 2 in around 40 hours
Still playing 3
Also got SSG from a previous sale but I have to say this one didn't clicked on me, it feels like just pure grinding
>>
i wish we got the DS remakes. i feel a bit iffy with the saga final fantasy
>>
>>1058082
Wil will be put in the Romancing pool for bottomless, then he'll be slapped onto some general rerun since he's the only limited style on his banner
>>1058109
SaGa games are never long, even RS2 can be cleared in around 30 hours blind, they're only long if you're a completionist who wants to play through all the main characters' stories or replay to see all the possible variations in terms of quests, the games are made to be replayable so the campaigns can be completed pretty fast, the average Frontier campaign can be cleared in 5 hours or less even,
But yeah, get them while they cost so little.
>>
>>1058109
Also don't read guides, you'll completely ruin the experience, SaGa's best played blind
>>
>>1058120
but what about wanting to spark the best tech? oh and if you do order RS2, always make sure to develop the magic institution first, then the orchard, follow by the university. I don't know what else afterwards. and go for armor when developing.
>>
>>1058112
>>1058122
Thanks for these.
>>1058115
SSG took awhile for it to click. I play it every few months, get stuck and quit again. I do wish another game used that combat though. Very fun and fulfilling when everything works out.
>>
eosposter here
quitting this garbage ass game cuz they released a powercreep saruin so op every style before is trash
you better all do the same because this trash is going to eos at this rate
they even insult us by giving only 30k first day instead of 50k
garbage ass game run by the most pathetic company
>>
>abloobloobloo
we all know you'll keep shitposting in here anyway
>>
Stone Lord made the grave mistake of being weak to blunt, so I just used the team I used on floor 200 earlier. Now to see what Wood Lord, the final elemental lord, is like.
>>
Despite being blunt weak as well, Wood Lord was a huge dick, undoing several teams with 4k Fatal Stabs on PWR each time until I came across this clear:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqJxw8oAtkw&ab_channel=YappiYap
No Rag Robin so I used my bro Mirsa and no Robingal so I used my fave gal Undine. Those Fatal Stabs landing on everyone but my tank tore the squad apart as you can see, but Liam was able to three shot once he built up his chase stacks and my boy Human M survived til the end. Very happy to get to use a bunch of faves on this squad.
All the elemental lords are dead, but I just remembered I have to do my Death Master runs before the month ends so the Egg will have to wait. Not gonna tryhard for Death Master 20 yet, just gonna do some easy runs of 15 with my good weapons types and 10 with my shit ones to give me some extra monthly income on remembrance.
How'd Death Master go for you guys?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.