[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 40 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (353 KB, 1170x1077)
353 KB
353 KB PNG
I propose that instead of unlocking traits by bloodline level we unlock them by completing unique challenges
Then we have the possibility of: do they unlock for the whole prestige or just on one hunter?
>Pitcher: get x dynamite kills
for one hunter, well 2 frags; bloodline maybe 6-10
>Resilience: Be involved in x resurrection
once for hunter, x times for prestige
get the idea?
anyway, hope everyone is having fun in the bayou even the schitzos with no comprehension of fun
>>
Don't like the idea, don't like this thread. Simple as.
>>
>>810752
Traits stink doodoo as a concept
>>
>>810752
>schitzos
>/pol/fags confirmed 60iq 12 year olds
>>
>>810752
>sub 2ktd shitter dies and ragequits when im mid reviving him from a safe spot
>takes bounty but doesnt spot
>doesnt even check once
>he gets headshot by campers at the extract

God you people are such beta faggots
>>
god these fucking community is awful
I WILL REVIVE YOU AFTER I KILL THE SIX OTHER GUYS
I DONT CARE IF YOU GOT SHIT ON JUST FUCKING STAY
STOP LEAVING
I CANT PICK UP TWO BOUNTIES BY MYSELF
PLEASE
>>
>someone suggested in the previous thread that a majority of the game's iron sights and optics are not properly centered where the bullet is going
>think its purely just 2 star talk
>using compact springfield deadeye
>see a man sitting in a bush completely still, probably about 20 meteres away
>line up the headshot
>he is not moving, i am standing still
>bullet lands to his left
i'm thinking that anon was onto something
>>
>>813519
Id always assume something is broken than working.
Because devs are always incompetent silver/bronze shitters and lazy.
And why would someone complain about something not broken vs the likelihood of someone complaining about something broken that pisses them off?
>>
How do you handle a really long losing streak? I think at this point I've gone 20 matches without getting a kill. Some of those were fights I picked where I just got outplayed, but most of them were deaths by people I had no idea were there and had no chance to react to.
>>
>>813533
Just start bumrushing with a specter or romero. or go back winfield swifts and levering for bants.
>>
>>813533
Ive never in the history of my entire life lost 20 games in a row other than when I played warcraft 3 when I was like 8.
>>
>>813533
Post screenshot of Loadout
>>
File: file.png (69 KB, 603x109)
69 KB
69 KB PNG
just sayin
>>
>>813533
I think I played around 20 matches tonight and didn't get a kill on anyone who wasn't forsaking guns to rush me with a melee weapon. Every gun fight has been me landing one shot tops and then drawing an outline around people with my bullets while the opponent either casually and cleanly two shot me or did a little of their own outline drawing into a headshot
By the end I was just grabbing the free hunters and taking them in only with whatever they came with since I knew any money spent on them would be wasted
I think I probably still went up in MMR from it though since one of the few melee rushers I did kill was someone running around with no gear at all who revived themself like five times straight into a point blank bullet
>>
>>813519
Happened to me with Sparks as well
Feels as if the gun has a high 6 o'clock hold.
>>
>>813533
Go play something else.
>>
>Have Hailstrom from previous event
>Can't buy the bundle with the other event items
Absolute bullshit. Why can Steam account for that but Cucktech can't?
Now I need 5670 bb to buy everything for the event.
>>
>>813941
Anon, but the rest of the skins from 2020 event was hot garbage.
>shitterli wrapped in socks
>dusters to forget after unlocking knuckle knife
>a fucking medkit to stare at it thrice for 6 seconds
>kikeflint
>>
>2nd avtomat nigger that runs away instead of helping his team mates push a duo
Why are subhumans like this?
>>
File: 1425604202425.png (454 KB, 414x499)
454 KB
454 KB PNG
>solo v trios
>get run down by a trio that has both bounties
>they corner me
>kill two but get killed by the last
>"that's what you get for runningggg"
>get back up
>he's ready for me but his Dolch goes click
>blow him away
>buddy flashes himself
>stab him in the head
>talk mad shit on their corpses
I think I've officially peaked, god bless this event
>>
>>813533
Go meme/larp loadouts like pirate or dual caldwell chain with FMJ
>>
>>813533
Dual or Fanning Chain Pistol FMJ. Seriously, dual wielding is the most braindead easy way of getting kills in this game simply because of your volume of fire. Bringing two pairs of chain pistols with FMJ and you're a walking bullet projector and a serious danger within like 30 meters.
>>
File: 1670948713404079.png (230 KB, 512x385)
230 KB
230 KB PNG
>>813984
>playing with randoms
you just don't
>>
winny swift and centi are all you need. long ammo more like "I'm gay and need dick in my ass" ammo for small weiners
>>
>>815632
I can't hit shit with centi for some reason.
>>
>>814647
Is there some trick to how the crosshair for dual pistols work or something? Every time I try to use them I struggle to hit people at 10m, much less 30, I genuinely think any time I've taken them I would have done better with an axe.
>>
>>815732
Just put them in the center and shoot.
They're rng cannons who win through skill and fire rate.
Spam at walls, spam at range, roll the dice and collect your headshots.
>>
File: dual wield nerf pls.webm (2.96 MB, 1280x720)
2.96 MB
2.96 MB WEBM
>>815732
from my experience they favor the center of the crosshairs. use a crosshair overlay, set the reticle to a dot, center the dot for hunt's lower 1/3rd set up, then use the dot to aim with duallies, your hit rate will be insane.
>>
does it get better than losing all your bars as a solo but wiping the team at the boss and stealing the banish
>>
>>815637
i CAN hit shit, but the fall-off on medium ammo is a fucking travesty. i genuinely loathe that all of crytek's playtesters are 2 star players who need long rifles with spitzer to play. its fucked the balance completely. the krag should've been a medium bullet rifle and not a long rifle, we have enough of them.
>>
>>816092
Are you retarded? If it were medium ammo it’d be busted because it’d require a larger ammo pool and need to be cheaper. The Krag is balanced around being a head popper that rewards aim and severely punishes the average Mosin/Lebel spammer, its not meant to directly compete with them but it’s intended to be the stopgap between medium and long.

Also, look at this cartridge and tell me it’s a “””medium””” length.
>>
>>816290
maybe do what they did with the bornheim and fuck its ammo pool? it already cycles a round as fast as a lever action. also, the centennial by your logic is misclassed because the round it shoots irl is a fucking big ass round.
>>
>>816300
>also, the centennial by your logic is misclassed because the round it shoots irl is a fucking big ass round.
Wrong. The Springfield chambers .50-70 Government and is still considered medium ammo, and the smallest cartridge the Centennial chambered was .40-60 Winchester, smaller than the more covetted .45-70 Government. Pictured left to right is .50-70 Govt (Trapdoor), 45-70 Govt (later Trapdoors, but not Hunt), 45 Scofield (Scottfield), and .577/450 Martini–Henry. By the game’s sizing conventions, the 1876 is well within its definition of “medium” ammo, even if I agree that 40-60 is far from a “medium” length cartridge.
>>
>>814420
what a cope holy shit
>>
File: ohh baby.gif (3.28 MB, 331x197)
3.28 MB
3.28 MB GIF
>>816378
>solo doesn't believe buds fuck around in trios
>>
File: Ozen_cefbce_6690404.png (802 KB, 1200x1195)
802 KB
802 KB PNG
>it's a three-way spawn fight that lasts 15 minutes and all involved ignore the bounty being banished and leaving right next door to pad k/d off solo necros episode
I hope this self rez perk is so expensive nobody expects people to actually use it, this shit was just so fucking petty and boring that I wish I just dc'd at the first death instead of winning the fight and dying inside
>>
File: gunz.png (165 KB, 1867x831)
165 KB
165 KB PNG
>>816290
>>816318
For shits and giggles I organized all of the cartridges in Hunt (excluding shotguns) by size and miraculously every single cartridge falls in line with its respective length category with the exception of the Scottfield, which like I notated on the sheet, should probably be .44 Russian but that would be retarded since we manufactured them for the Russians. Also, the Centennial is just *barely* shorter than the Krag. It could be .40-65, but that would make it about the same length as the Springfield Trapdoor and I'm pretty sure the cartridge in game is longer. If I even had to guess what the LeMat shoots, I'm sure it's .44 or .41 caliber because it's very close to the damage of the Conversion.

Anyway enjoy this autism
>>
>>816458
oh slight error in this, I originally organized it by overall size (Length * bullet diameter) before deciding to sort it by the game's organization of size based purely on length. So the note about the Nagant's cartridge being inaccurate isn't true for how this is sorted, but it isn't really a fair representation of how large the cartridge is based on how I measured them all due to the bullet being recessed in the case.
>>
>can't sleep and don't feel like playing hunt
>figure I'd watch a streamer
>huuge playing solo v trios gets 12 kills with a bomb lance
>trades with someone using a crossbow after sticking them with a normal harpoon
>bitches that he traded with two *projectile* weapons and couldn't revive because someone was standing on top of him after he died, revived every time to intentionally knock his MMR down
>"12 kills all for nothing, guess I'll switch to a real gun"
are all streamers whiny bitches like this jesus christ, guy unironically plays it like it's his job and cries about it every time he loses, how the fuck do people stomach this shit
>>
>>816529
only thing huuge about him as that hes a huuge piece of shit. every single time i've ever seen content from this dude he's being a whiny little passive aggressive bitch about SOMETHING, I have no idea how he got so popular.
>>
Why should I ever take a knife? The only monster they seem to kill faster is armored ones by like two hits and everything else is the same except hives which are slower and burning guys which are death for you, either will only kill really bad players and knives cost double what dusters do.
>>
>>816688
Both the regular and heavy knife have a quicker hit than both the knuckle knife and duster. I prefer the heavy knife as even without stamina it will oneshot hives and trash.
And if you are looking at the price of a tool to save money you are a poorfag.
>>
>>816529
He's skilled but a total baby and, of course, plays not a smart way but the way that will get him views. His playstyle makes him incredibly vulnerable to trades and he will never switch off it because that's what people "want" to see.
>>816688
Knife more easily oneshots players. I love knuckle knife but it has let me down once it twice.
>>
>>816529
No, it's only streamers like Huuge who eat their own cum.
>>
>Whipe out server
>Last kill is a trade with poison nagant carbine deadeye
>Necro self
>Poison effect remains
>1 minute later get kicked out the server and lose hunter despite death cheat
Thanks cucktech
>>
>>816863
That's a known bug, if you trade with the last person on the server it begins shutting the server down. If you don't have a spectate button when you get downed just don't revive, only way to keep your hunter
>>
I love sparing fellow solos. It makes me feel good. Not just the "I did a good thing today" way, but after standing on a pile of ten bodies and finding one rat in the cupboard, saying "you can live" just makes me feel cool.
>>
>>817015
I like to do this as a solo too but I feel like recently other solos are bloodthirsty, I’ll grab a token and run and they’ll be hot on my heels despite having a token of their own
>>
>>817015
>>817026
I don't take chance anymore.
If you are in darksight view you will be pushed and killed.
>>
>>817026
I have no idea why people would find wasting their ammo trying to kill a man who can get back up 3-5 times and in the process kill you 3-5 times a worthwhile investment of their time. I avoided confrontations with solos that weren't outright trying to kill me entirely because the victories would be pointless and phyrric.
>>
It's odd that I know when people are near but there's no exact thing in my mind that trips me off. I swear to god when I sit down and listen I hear hunter noises in the ambient sounds on an empty server, but I can be running through a compound I know is empty and then stop because my fucking spider sense is tingling and then I successfully ambush three dudes a minute later.
>>
File: 1672994145782496.gif (637 KB, 130x173)
637 KB
637 KB GIF
>Romero Alamo
It's beautiful
>>
>>816688
Knife one hits hellhounds too
>>
>steam charts says there's been consistent 24k players at peak hours
>at least a quarter of my matches the last three days have been in empty servers
Where the people at
>>
>>817187
Are you 2 star ?
>>
>>817188
I guess? It says I'm a 3 but matching as a 2. Did all the other 1-3 star players quit or something?
>>
>>817190
1-2 stars is always fucked in MM as only braindead idiots and people without an MMR get set there.
>>
File: lion_psych.webm (2.07 MB, 1280x720)
2.07 MB
2.07 MB WEBM
>>817190
>>
>crytek claims they fixed the strange aggregation of spawns in the corners of maps
>the one time i decide to run a bomb lance four teams spawn near goddard and make a b line for it and im pincered between long rifle volleys
i hate how fucking incompetent crytek, how hard is it to just adjust the spawns? so you don't get shot at literally 20 seconds into the match
>>
>>817303
>can finish lobby in one fight in first minutes of game
>complains
fucking casuals
>>
>>817310
i was rocking a bomb lance with a derringer as my only "range." no way i could've killed anyone beyond 20m.
>>
>>817315
>brings shit gear
>gets shit on
>"FFFFFF CRYYYTEEEEEEEK FIX YOUR SERVERS"
retard, lol
>>
>>817316
i never said it was the fault of the servers. they just claimed a couple of patches ago that they "fixed" how the spawns were handled in the corners of the map, but it seems like they didn't do anything. im merely questioning their competence.
>>
>>817320
my mistake ill break this down for you
you're retarded
you took shit gear with you
you died
you blamed the game devs
you wonder why your stuck in 3* mmr
you will now cope and say something along the lines of high mmr is unfun as if to imply you CHOSE to be at low level mmr
>>
>>817320
They moved the egregious corners of death where you could literally walk over a hill and headshot hunters that afked for a few seconds when the match started.

Running like a retard towards your first clue is well within acceptable spawn difference.
>>
>>817348
Ive played for 500 hours and even when ive done full retard axe only memes and other shit for entire prestiges I still havent touched 3 star EVER
The amount of fucking immense failure to get there is beyond my understanding.
>>
>>816458
I was unironically looking for something like this a while back, I've heard people say springfield should be long ammo compared to sparks and I wanted to know how true that was.
>>
>>817479
>claims to never touch 3 star
>simultaneously admits to bringing >>817315
I know you know I know you're lying, retard
>>
>>817529
thats an entirely different poster. i legitimately only brought up the corner spawn thing because i distinctly remember it being in recent patch notes and continually encountering the same spawning issues they claimed to fix. its probably the worse on desalle, but that whole map is awful
>>
>>817529
#nevergraduated3rdgrade
>>
the real problem with long ammo is that there no combat range where it doesn't work. Shotguns are better at close range, bomblance is deadly at close range, but these weapons don't exist at long range and long ammo guns still have higher travel time and therefore trade less in close quarters. People who are afraid to push a compound with mosins not only can't click heads but are too baby to leave their comfort zones. Changing the weapons is not the fix for this.

There should be a way force people to push. A second banish timer that requires someone standing on top of the dead boss for its whole duration to remove one bounty at a time from the game. Because solos only need one bounty, this punishes every group in the match for not pushing. If kids don't want to play ball, just kick the ball over the fence. If everyone wastes your time, waste everyone's time. What are they going to do, be an engaging opponent?
>>
>>817645
I think the key is understanding the developer intent of the game is a campy sniper paradise with some side activities to placate everyone else. This has been a "problem" since early access the devs are acutely aware of and just don't care. They're never going to rebalance and fix long ammo supremacy because they don't want a balanced game, they want a game of long ammo supremacy with some lesser effective side strategies, autistic fucking kraut devs baka never again
>>
File: IMG_20230106_215503.jpg (1.29 MB, 2400x1080)
1.29 MB
1.29 MB JPG
>>817670
'balanced' games are less fun
cope
>>
i have proof that a moderately popular hunt content creator regularly cheats. not just overlays or filters, though im sure they use those as well, but genuinely toggling
whats the best way to get eyes on this information without getting ignored or suppressed / instantly banned for witch hunting?
>>
>>817772
if he is using one of those Machine Learning GPU Aim Bots there are communities and tools focused on that kind of garbage.
You could just in general go to anti cheating places as Hunt is too small for people to give a shit.
>>
>>817772
Just make a thread on the subreddit

Let the gullible lemmings do the work for you
>>
>>817846
To add to this, just going full public and providing all your evidence before whispering into the ears of contents creators and the dev team immediately puts them on the backfoot. Let the the mob take care of it.
>>
>>817670
the devs don't play, and the ones that do aren't good at the game. they're naturally going to use the shit that makes hunt feel like a more traditional shooter and balance the game around their bias instead of what actually benefits the game.
>>
>>817924
They are fucking godawful 2 star shitters. Ive seen at least 4 of them play and they dont even react to zombies or gunshots or anything. They reminded me of the grandmaster overwatch players on console except worse.
>>
Is the romero alamo glitched or something? Twice today I've hit people dead center with it at like <10m and they've just walked it off and I swear I've oneshot people with the regular romero at way longer ranges than either of those shots were.
>>
>Both teammates get downed in the boss lair as another trio pushes in on us with the Spider still alive
>Pop one of them with my Bomb Lance steel balls
>Slash another one down and then get clipped by the third’s shotgun as I charge him and down him as well
>Run to the adjoining room outside of the actual “boss area” to heal before I revive my teammates
>Spider pounces and kills me through a wall outside of its actual active zone
>mfw
>>
>>818361
>spiders face
>>
>Playing solo
>Actually doing well, probably the best game shape I've been in
>Landing shots, getting kills and even getting bounty more often

This is a set-up isn't it? I'm due for a fall. This game is going to fuck me in the ass soon.
>>
>>816688
People have mentioned how it's easier to oneshot players with knife but one other plus is the profile your character makes when charging a heavy attack with a knife with both arms raised, enemy is more likely to get a arm hit on you.
>>
>At the edge of 3 star solo MMR you get put on servers with no other players
>You can still get a double bounty on these servers
>You can just spawn with an combat Axe and get 3-6k money
>>
>>813519
>>using compact springfield deadeye
Iron sights are fine except for a few exceptions like the new lemat carabine where you have to aim lower. You just used a dogshit weapon with dogshit sway and missed.
>>
>>813533
Take a break and play another day or play free hunters. Maybe try changing your playstyle aswell from shotgun rush to rifles or the other way around. Teammates can also be a big reason.
>>
>>816529
He is just a salty bitch. He has something like 5k hours in the game and screams that everything is OP. ffs this guy thinks the beetle is OP, every semi decent player knows its a meme. Go watch khalamity, dude is way more chill and better than huuge.
>>
File: 1674507600503719.jpg (618 KB, 1023x1024)
618 KB
618 KB JPG
>Jungle money from Thailand on EU servers
fuck these niggers
>>
>>818578
Aren't the lemat pistol's sights like that as well? The top of the front post doesnt line up with the top of the rear notch and unlike the other guns where that's the case it's the notch that the bullet lines up with
>>
>>816702
Heavy knife is literally the worst for pvp since its the swing animation is worse than a stab more likely to hit arms. Just run the knuckle knife plus throwing axe combo. Its the best by far for all the ai, pvp and bosses. Srsly throwing axes melts the butcher and scrapbeak. There is a reason why many hunt sweats/streamers use those.
>>
>>818611
>Heavy knife is literally the worst for pvp since its the swing animation is worse than a stab more likely to hit arms
Works on my machine, plus the larger arc makes it soo knife would miss but the heavy would hit.
>Knuckle knife
Worthless. You can just use your gun against immolators.
>Throwing Axe
So waste a tool slot that could be a trap
>>
>>817924
>>>817670 #
>the devs don't play, and the ones that do aren't good at the game
Plenty of them do. Dennis schwarz the main lead designer (nylesblack on twitch) is usually a 5-6 star sniper rat. The other devs like the community managers and stuff usually play more aggressive and are around 4-5 star. Vast majority of devs are from what i have seen on streams are average to above average.
>>
>>818020
https://youtu.be/ivw8wooL398
Watch this video. tldr the crosshair is tighter than the game says for shotguns. Also aim for torso not head.
>>
>>818605
They are fine, only a few guns are slightly misaligned like the Derringer, springfield and berthy riposte. But its not enough to noticed during a fight. Its mostly just cope about missing your shots. Sometimes its just shitty servers tho. Record your footage and review your footage.
>>
>>818614
>Knuckle knife
>Worthless. You can just use your gun against immolators.
If you wanna waste all your stamina on one emulator sure. There is only two down side to knuckle knife which are hellhounds, even then you can deal with them easily by doing 2 light attacks and pvp which doesnt matter since a melee headshot will insta kill any hunter anyway. The normal knife is slightly better because it can one tap to the torso but only if they lost 50 health (big bar). Knuckle knife is far superior to them.

>Throwing Axe
>So waste a tool slot that could be a trap
Tell me you are a 3 star without telling me you are a 3 star. Nobody who is good at this game uses traps, levering, fanning or dualwield. Throwing axes are great for bosses and going around the map quickly. speed>stealth.

T. Im a 5-6 star with 2.2k hours.
>>
>>818635
>If you wanna waste all your stamina on one emulator sure.
>muh stamina use
>and going around the map quickly. speed>stealth.
>T. Im a 5-6 star with 2.2k hours.
Nigger all you said is bullshit. First you can use traps against solo niggers to guarantee they fuck off or to make it harder for teams to revive, you can just trigger if it and it beats carrying a concertina bomb. 2nd if you are worried about speed just run the fuck away only immolators and dogs can catch up to players and dogs have really shit pathfinding. You can also go grounded like a normal person and they never fucking see you.
You are arguing for wasting 2 tool slots for the sole point of PVP and using every 4 stars crutch tool as well.
>>
>>818648
>First you can use traps against solo niggers
Kek you are definitely low elo. I barely see any solos in high elo and still have to lose to one of them in since the event started.

I havent died to traps since literally hundreds of hours. The only good use of traps is insta kill combo on the edge of the compound where people dont expect them.

I guess people like rachtaz are trash at the game then since they also run knuckle knife + throwing axes all the time.
https://youtu.be/zbeE_pKoTFg
https://youtu.be/btkPdlT_ioo
>>
>>818668
>muh youtuber daddy tells me this is the best
That's all you got?
>>
>>818670
>mad cuz bad
Literally almost everyone runs those in high elo idk what to say if you just stubbornly refuse to admit you are wrong. Just trying to help you lol.
>>
>>818675
>according to me LITERALLY everyone is using it
Again nigger you got an actual argument or point in there?
>>
>>818678
>Again nigger you got an actual argument or point in there?
Literally answered you multiple times but you just end up calling me a nigger.
Knuckle knife = best at pve, 2nd best at pvp.

Throwing axes = good at pve and especially killing bosses.

Heavy knife is dogshit because it has shit reach and is a swing instead of a stab.

Traps are shit aswell because effectively your only strategy is waiting for your enemy to run out of patience, being to dumb to step into them.
>>
>>818694
>Carry 2 PvE tools at the same time
And you wonder why I call you a nigger
>Heavy knife is dogshit cause of reach
Same reach as regular knife
>swing
You can kill them while dodging their knife strike as you don't need to look at them straight on
>Traps are shit
>He never uses concertina traps as tool slot concertina bombs
>He doesn't get clever with them
And you wonder why anyone would call you a nigger. You're not just a regular nigger but a house nigger doing what ever mastah rachtaz tells you.
>>
File: 1666876205351865m.jpg (70 KB, 316x1024)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>818700
>Same reach as regular knife
Giga 2 star cope. He literally shows in the video that the heavy knife has less reach.
https://youtu.be/zbeE_pKoTFg

Traps are litterally low tier. Have fun being eternally stuck in low elo where you belong.
>>
>>818704
>2 year old video
They changed the heavy knife at least twice since that video dropped you dumfuck nigger
>>
File: 1649840331451.gif (409 KB, 1067x720)
409 KB
409 KB GIF
>>818708
Doesnt change the fact its still dogshit and f tier
>>
>>818710
>Admits to not knowing shit about what he's talking about
>>
>>818694
I agree on everything but traps, luv me concertina traps. Trick is don't rely on people stepping in em, shoot them and set them off. Good for blocking necro or putting on a door/window you want to control. My typical tool set up is throwing axe/medkit/concertina/chokes. Does it all.
>>
>>818736
People camping with traps inside is the most boring play style in the game imo, because people often times just sit in there waiting for the enemy to run out of patience and walk into them. When i defend i also play aggressiv which means jumping out the windows getting a hit/kill on somebody and going back in and in my experience if a teammate places traps everywhere it just ends up limiting my movement. Worse case scenario you have a match where nobody does anything for 30+ min. I'd rather fight a trio spitzer sniper squad because atleast there you can get a sneaky entry frag if the teammate without bounty decides to sneak out. Before you call me a filthy long ammo larry, my favorite playstyle is shotgun rushing. The best rounds are always those where everyone plays aggressive and doesnt camp. Same reason why i pick up bounty with serpent whenever i can.
>>
>>818614
No one listen to this shitter his points are objectively wrong
>>
>>818614
if you use traps in hunt, you objectively have a two inch penis and are on hrt. there is no refuting this.
>>
>>818982
Someone is a little upset.
>>
If you dont use throwing axe youre throwing or running a suppressed gun or poison.
They take out hives and armored and zombies and are fairly silent if you ONLY LAND HEADSHOTS AND I SWEAR TO FUCKING GOD IF YOU HIT THEM IN THE BODY I WILL BUTT FUCK YOU MYSELF.

I've never liked knuckle knife because I've never used knuckles cause I have throwing axe and I avoid immolator WITH THE IMMENSE ABILITY OF JUST WALKING 5 FEET MORE THAT WAY.

Otherwise I run either concertina and smokes or concertina and fire traps. Then I either trap forced choke points or ladders without los or if theres a lot of openings I nigger that whole entire room up randomly so its a big ass fucking mine field to even enter from that entire side of the building and the whole damn thing is zoned off while I can just rainbow 6 the rest of the thing knowing my 6 is safe since my teammates are fucking stupid. Then I kill a guy or two and packmule his shit and set up more. If they dont want to push by this point and the extract is close ill just take bounty and go through the trapped room and take the trap off a window or something and then reset them up on the outside of the window and put the traps and building between them and me and extract and they usually dont make it in time.

Sometimes I just put the double concertina traps on major pathways like that one bridge underwater near the prison and lol if I get a hitmarker randomly throughout the match and I just resupply. I'm not a huge fan of concertina bombs since they are just in the way and are usually too dangerous and telegraphed to use unless you have pitcher or some is being a tking faggot and you can end him and pick up the other guy and extract.

I guess if youre solo, theres a few niche uses of those gunfire decoys but traps are usually better with more uses imo and I dont like the idea usually of getting that close to a 3 man team to use decoys where they don't get hyper aggressive and rush me once they realize im a solo.
>>
File: 2.jpg (30 KB, 344x562)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>ESL can't into being good at the game and has to schizo blog post to cope
>>
>hear two duos sprinting around the boss compound randomly
>wait near a corner just outside of detection range so the boss will flash white to ambush them as they run around
>whiff first shot to the random spread of dual pistols
>guy spins around and I die instantly to two hits from his hip fired automat
skill difference I guess
>>
>>819014
So I guess the real argument for knuckle knife and throwing axe is probably using them as a solo so that you have the most possible good choices for every situation which heavily outweighs playing a defensive playstyle or hyper aggressive playstyle since youre not going to want to be doing either as a solo MOST of the time.

Or running in trios with the solo mindset, which Im pretty sure is what people like ratcha z are doing since he knows he can rely on himself and his shooting ability to carry him much further than the time and positioning ability he'd lose setting up traps. Most people however lack this level of game sense and or aiming mechanics, so its probably higher in their favor to lean the other playstyle especially if you can 3 man stack concertina and fire traps with a coordinated team of hyper trap niggering making it a huge fucking bitch for anyone trying to enter any of the nearby buildings as the 3 other teams show up simultaneously and cant get into cover anywhere without a huge chance of either hitting the traps or getting shot and using up nades trying to clear them to make entry which puts things in your favor.

>>819021
double nigger cant into tactics or game sense so he screeches the same tired response hes always said because his still hasnt learned anything after years and his only input is to karen his gaping vagina at me
>>
>>819014
that's a lotta words
too bad im not readin em
>>
>started reporting everyone who killed me for cheating and copypasted some generic threat in every report to see how long it would take for me to get banned
>over a year and still nothing
I kinda suspected the report system was a placebo but now i know for sure.
>>
>>819287
Its somewhat easy to get away with cheats but cheaters are pretty rare imo. I saw like 4 blatant cheaters in 2k hours, only in high elo (new acc, chinese names, multiple bans, struggles with ai but somehow headshots all my teammates). There is a descent amout of people who used ingame exploit tho like the derender, ladder and lemat glitch and only got like a week ban. Meanwhile in eft i saw more cheaters in 3 weeks than in all my hunt time.
>>
How about a new consumable, like a Soul Bottle. When thrown onto a dead teammate, it starts a short banish-like animation on their body that revives them after 3 or 4 seconds. You could use it to revive a teammate at range, or passively revive them while you continue to push or cover their body.
But the real use case is that you can use it as a solo to self revive. So instead of having a passive, free revive at all times, its something that both costs money and takes up a slot in your inventory. And if you want multiple revives, you have to commit even more of your consumable inventory to bottles.
And if you want a really wacky option, make it so they CANNOT be purchased and instead have permanent world spawns, like beetles. So you can retain some of that death cheat gameplay loop where it's an ability you need to risk receiving in the world. And unlike event points, its a limited resource that you have to risk fighting over because if you sneak up at the end of the lobby it's likely to be already taken.
>>
>>819377
Yeah, that's what we need, another game-killing cancer. Not something interesting, but this.
>>
>>819403
>another game-killing cancer
>another
damn man, i didnt know the game had already been killed. i'll pack it up, sorry.

nothing in that post does anything or is stronger than anything that doesn't exist in the game right now. you woulda shit your pants if necro got added today, you melodramatic baby.
and what do you mean 'not interesting?' a new unique side objective, and the first item type that can't be purchased at the store isn't new or interesting enough? what do you want, another scottfield variant, maybe high velocity on a new gun? a new boss that plays exactly like every other boss perhaps, or more AI variants to largely ignore?
>>
>>819407
Dedicated pve mode with coop and full progression
>>
is there something up with the lobbies right now?
>1-2pm
>trios
>only 6 other people in the game, 1 trio, duo and a solo.
tried queuing up earlier too and it took forever.
>>
>>819430
oh, i see. you dont actually like or care about the game, you just like the aesthetic.
>>
>first match of the day
>run full length of the map seeing nobody
>get to boss zone
>appears white
>hop a fence and land right in a concertina trap
>back up, stop bleeding, move two feet over to the side and explode to a trapped barrel
>revive self with necro
>die instantly to the guy sitting a mile out with a sniper rifle
>revive self a bunch more times so he can at least feel like he accomplished something with his free kills
great start to the day
>>
>>819645
ur gonna be in his youtube short with a laugh track added over each death
>>
>>819654
I hope all 3 of his subscribers get a chuckle out of it
>>
>>819031
>Ever trusting a training wheel noobie combo to be consistent
You get what you deserve
>>
>>819645
>revive self with necro
get fucked necronigger
>>
>>819666
What does that even mean
>>
>>819669
Why are you so mad at what is effectively four dead upgrade points?
>>
>>819680
who cares about upgrade points when they're an unlimited resource? it would have been less retarded to say the bigger cost is the trait slot, but even then one trait slot for a permanent, passive get-out-of-jail-free card is a no brainer. solo necro is more valuable than literally any other trait in the game.
>>
>>819704
>get out of jail free card
>this is what never solos actually think
>>
>>819704
How fucking flimsy is the "jail" imagining where a self reviving solo is anything but another free kill to the person who downed them the first time?
>>
>>819715
>>819724
is this a low mmr meme?
there is zero reason you shouldn't be able to come back successfully almost 80% of the time. if you're putting yourself in situations where you're just going to get farmed, you're a dogshit player who's doing it to yourself.
oh yeah, you are a dogshit player who's doing it to yourself. you stepped on a red barrel like a chump and then insta-revived into suicide over and over because you don't have two braincells to rub together. subhumans like you shouldn't be allowed to discuss balance so long as you exist in a fairytale world so unskilled it exists devoid of reason. do you think the nitro and avto are shitty meme guns? do you think the bomblance is OP?
>>
>>819737
>all lower case poster thinks anyone will take him seriously
>>
>>819737
>Do you think nitro and avto are shitty meme guns
Yes, yes I do.
>>
>>819724
I mean unless the opponent camps your body and burns you out it is get out of jail free card. You can just wait a bit and then revive before either leaving with all your shit or trying get revenge. This is especially good if you were in a chaotic fire fight so it isn't obvious you were a solo.

Death cheat is retard proof but solo revive is a pretty close 2nd. If it stays they should significantly lessen the mmr adjustment for solo queue.
>>
My favorite thing about Hunt is the gunplay. Dying and losing a hunter does not bother me, but it feels like absolute shit to spend money on a cool gun, load into a match with it, spend 20 minutes knifing zombies and sneaking around, only to get shot by some cunt in a bush that I didn't see, and I didn't get to shoot my cool gun even once.
>>
>>810752
>I get 4 stars as my teammates that dont even fucking use darksight or spot things
>enemy team fighting us is a 3man pubstomp stack of 6 stars

How is this even fucking fair dude
what the fuck is the point of matchmaking if you allow this immense amount of variance
>>
>>819737
>shoots you and traps you and lets you revive again

>Do you think nitro and avto are shitty meme guns
For the most part yes, but they are kings of niche uses.

>spend 20 minutes knifing zombies and sneaking around
The entire match should be over in 20 minutes.
10 minutes in it should be 50/50 you either won a fight or are at boss waiting on banish
>>
>>820436
Screencap
>>
>>820445
traps literally don't stop a self revive at all. wires, bear trap, doesn't matter, you live it. are you seriously implying that every fucking team you get wiped by is doubling up wires for a kill combo? or is your brain so slow that you haven't figured out to bring resilience?
>>
>>820452
>traps don't stop self revives
>unless you put two of them
>>
File: 1664563338508816.jpg (215 KB, 960x1280)
215 KB
215 KB JPG
>Vitality shot(weak)
>>
>>820452
>Solo revive is a get out of jail free card
>you just have to also have resilience, and the opponent has to have no traps or firebombs and not have used fire ammo, and the fight can't have taken place anywhere near a compound with any lanterns or bear traps, and the person who killed you also has to be part of the small percentage of the playerbase who aren't willing to just sit and watch bodies for 5+ minutes to farm kills off a self or teammate revive
You know what, I'm starting to see it your way. If you only ever die in situations where self revive is good then it's totally overpowered, they should hotfix it out of the game as soon as possible.
>>
>>820689
even if they trap you, just rez again after you waste a bar activating the traps

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.