[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 57 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1672052517862632.png (789 KB, 1280x720)
789 KB
789 KB PNG
>what is eve
mmo space sandbox
>what is eve really?
dead game
>ingame channel
/v/bros
>should I start playing EVE?
probably not
>patchnotes
https://www.eveonline.com/news/view/patch-notes-version-21-01
>>
rapid lights deleted when
>>
Eve is in a good place at the moment
>>
>>810416
This, somehow eve always feels less dead with all the new friends around holiday season
>>
>Patch Notes
>Added access restrictions to Tranquility from mainland China.
holy god I might just come back to eve if ccp enacts the final solution to the bot question
>>
Anyone have gas cloud harvesting advice for a noob?
>>
Don't.
>>
>>810429
>what is vpn
>>
amarr unironically
>>
Another thread died before the limit. Pathetic
>>
File: 1657778701261.jpg (8 KB, 295x326)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>
>>810430
Finding the gas is 90% of the battle in known space. Focus on locating it with an exploration ship, actually harvest it in a cheap Venture. Cloak/dock every time someone enters system.

Wormhole gas is more difficult because you have to clear the site after the enemies spawn to keep huffing, but you're safe for the first 15 minutes after warping to it until they spawn.
>>
>>810424
yeah, a heap of new players recently and a lot of ppl returning to check out FW.

>>810430
take a probe launcher and mobile depot with you when you go into wormholes.
you have like 15-ish min from when you first warp in before the rats spawn.
your first load of gas will pay for 3 more ventures easily.
>>
What's the complete retard's introduction to fleet tactics?
I'm playing the eve mod for Sins but it seems closely based on the game and I only did highsec carebear ratting and mining when I played so I have no idea what kind of comp I should have
>>
>>810319
>xhe bought a cyclone fleet
>>
File: 1385008625508.jpg (392 KB, 1440x900)
392 KB
392 KB JPG
>Set up PI in NPC null
>Only have to collect the goods once every three weeks, usually brings in about 400m during that time
>In the last few days, system has been heavily camped
>Lost two haulers for the first time in almost six months
>Production chains are filling up, the players aren't leaving and are somehow on either 24/7 or magically every time I log on
>>
>>810641
I have no idea for the Sins mod, but large fleets at their most basic are about amassing a standard ship (Battleships, Heavy Assault Cruisers, etc) and putting as much DPS as possible on a target while going down the line hoping that you pop enemy ships faster than they pop yours.

There can be more nuance in fleets, with sensor damps being used to fuck with long range ships, ECM jamming close range craft's targeting, and weapon disruption ruining the application of opposing ships, but a lot of that goes unused in favor of putting more EHP and DPS on the field.
>>
>>811150
bc2 was comfy
>>
>>810438
if this site can block tor exit nodes with almost 100% efficiency, then ccp can figure out how to put together a vpn blacklist
>>
block russia as well
>>
>>811150
how did you enable the scroll bar on the chat?
also, is that pic recent? i'm unironically scared to log in because i'm afraid the only thing i'll find are empty, dead servers
>>
File: 1654857866329.png (29 KB, 369x133)
29 KB
29 KB PNG
>you need several gigajoules of power to run a laser pointer for 5 seconds
huh?
>>
File: 1672755091232292.jpg (131 KB, 1024x609)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
>>811241
ukroniggers shitting our board again
>>
Take your butthurt arguments about a fake and gay Slav civil war started by Jews somewhere else.
>>
this isn't your board rusfag
>>
ok hebrew
>>
fag
>>
it's cool on paper: the game
>>
>only 1 new post in 3 days
the fuck are you cunts doing?
>>
File: weirdos.png (545 KB, 1011x936)
545 KB
545 KB PNG
We're biographies a good idea?
>>
>>811250
>The effective range is like 75km
Checks out
>>
i still don't understand the appeal of the this game
>>
>>812940
You click shit on screen and sometimes something happens, also numbers go beeg and you can chat with other players zomfgbbq. And spehhs ships, you can attack anyone and that means freedum.
>>
File: Untitled.png (40 KB, 655x259)
40 KB
40 KB PNG
show your rare non-activated skins collection
>>
>>812940
its a casual hobby you chip away at over years and years, like building a train set or something but not quite as autistic.
anyone who tells you Eve is hard, or autistic or a time sink is kidding themselves, most people only log in for 1-3 hours a week.
>>
>>812867
>Miner Kampf doesn't get renamed but all of my alts get renamed even if they're inoffensive
>>
>>812835
Playing better games, quite frankly. There's nothing interesting left in this game as I've thoroughly burned out wrt WHs, nullsec is a gay leddit blueneutral circle jerk and rest of the game is arena faggotry.

>>813229
Name a game that takes more commitment and effort to get anything (aside from logging in to F1 or run some theme park PVE) done? Especially as there's no worthwhile goals left (see above) and player counts being so low (much less random skirmish content), EVE is just not worth the effort.

>>812940
Eve used to be by far the best open world PVP sandbox out there, once in a century stroke of genius by retarded Iceland niggers. General dumbing down, outright neglect and some poor design choices have left it in such a bad place that there indeed is nothing to get excited over anymore.
>>
anything nerf when
>>
>>813480
Technically the game was always bad for PvP, it's just the general ignorance of most of the population led to actually interesting fights because everything wasn't min maxed to the point where people knew exactly how to avoid any risk. Now everyone knows how each fight is going to play out ahead of time and if they can handle something or not, so everything hangs on intel and scouting.

The general amount of ISK and resources floating around in the game also means there's zero consequences for many players, the only ones actually facing meaningful setbacks are new ones.
>>
piece of shit bellicose fuck
>>
File: 1666835165961851.gif (843 KB, 220x223)
843 KB
843 KB GIF
>Sacrilege fleet
>Undock with a oneiros with remote tracking computer.
>>
>Undock Oneiros
>With Faction TCs
https://zkillboard.com/kill/105533652/
>>
File: 1615084046533.jpg (264 KB, 1000x563)
264 KB
264 KB JPG
>>813480
>Name a game that takes more commitment and effort to get anything
FFXI
Eve literally throws isk at you and skillpoints basically become irrelevant after 80mil SP
>>
>That one retard who thinks rep drones are good
>>
Rep drones are good for patching damage leaked into armor/hull so you have full buffer to deal with alpha.
>>
remote reps are good, rep drones are shit
>>
A flight of t2 rep drones on a scimitar is like having a bonus a-type med rep, which doesn't even consume cap.
>>
doesn't reach the target either
>>
>>813714
I thought WH players were supposed to be the super smart elite pvpers???
>>
Bad game. Ded thread.
>>
>>813020
No, i must complete the collection and they are already at 10b each on contracts
>>
I use bots to smartbomb while I gatecamp because I need both hands free in order to smoke meth.
>>
Is there any chance of CCP getting off the megablob kool-aid, balkanizing 0.0 (I don't care how) and saving the game? If not, there's no reason to play this bad game (and the player counts agree).
>>
can I join tengoo?
>>
>>814163
we're not
we just make 3bil an hour ratting in almost complete safety
almost everyone has a C5 farming alt at this stage, even nullblobs, highsec gankers, lowsecfags etc have farm holes
>>
>>813586
amen

also, i've just got to sit in a marauder only to realize any opponent undocks 3 his marauders on my one. so i guess gg.
good thing the dark and darker comes out

(and yes , fuck you stupid cunt's with ur "jUsT fLy a FriGaTe mAtE iT's So fUn")
>>
File: 1656674173777.jpg (8 KB, 293x327)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>"jUsT fLy a FriGaTe mAtE iT's So fUn"
>>
File: image.png (945 KB, 917x611)
945 KB
945 KB PNG
It is, unless you're shit at the game
>>
>>814376
As a new player I’d like you to elaborate on everything you said
I play without multiboxing and I’m ngmi bros.. even with multiple characters it’s damn near impossible to compete..
>>
>crusader
based
>beam lasers
baka
>>
File: 1666842908593.jpg (89 KB, 701x1024)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
Is there any reason not to put a 10MN afterburner on my destroyer? More speed is 1.) convenient and 2.) helps dodge everything but missiles, right?
>>
>>815012
Tl;dr: uninstall immediately before you have sunk any more time in this terrible game
>>
dumb lowsecfag
>>
File: Untitled.png (113 KB, 303x200)
113 KB
113 KB PNG
>>815008
>It is, unless you're shit at the game
>>
>>814562
how do you farm c5s without having fr**nds, I thought only c4s could be reasonable farmed
>>
>>814376
>>815012
Tl;dr no

Longer version: ccp can't and they don't care much to try anymore. Every time they openly intervene they either make fools of themselves or show how much they don't understand what's going on in the game.
Over the years these faggots spawned free stuff for their "friends", they tried to fight gatecamping once and failed so hard people still laugh at them. As a result you have defenses at gates abs that cured gatecamps 100% for real.
They are out of options. Any big changes on the powerbalance will scare off fat fucks who still pay for this game to pretend they own pixels in a videogame and have "power".
Final bot solution would drive if the chinks.
Don't drown into sunk cost fallacy, win eve while you still can and just don't "play" this shit.
>>
>>815146
That's the real problem with it all, CCP can't actively deal with the nullsec problem because there's enough revenue coming from out there that not catering to them will result in an exodus and fuck with their profits. Meanwhile, leaving it as it is will continue to make the game unattractive to new players because none of them want to jump into a game that's already dominated by a few old groups of players, so EVE can't grow its userbase. Any fresh player takes one look at the exceptionally long skill training queues, the tiny profit margins on anything they can reasonably do alone or with friends, and the sheer amount of shit someone needs to know about the mechanics of the game and says fuck it, I'll go waste my time elsewhere.

CCP tries to run some bandaid fixes like adding abyssal deadspace in and while it does help some, they don't care to really spend the resources and make content aimed at attracting and sustaining new players when they could just add an occasional new ship or retool some old content slightly for marketing purposes. Instead, they realized the nullblob is going to stick around and hold their space no matter what, so they jacked up the sub fee to squeeze them harder like the whales they are. PLEX has reached a stupid high price of 2.5b for a month of time and shows no sign of stabilizing because all the carebears who buy it to sell for ISK aren't playing anymore coupled with an absurd amount of liquid ISK being injected into the system.

At this point, by the time "fixes" do come down, EVE's going to essentially be two separate games, the classic nullblob blue donut and a handful of disconnected instanced content aimed at giving people who don't participate something to do.
>>
>>815053
i wouldve given you actual advice but you posted redditfrog so no, fuck off
>>
>>815133
why would you play an MMO if you didnt have at least 1~3 friends to shoot the shit with?
at that point just play fucking X4 Foundations or Elite Dangerous or some other singleplayer game
>>
>>810329
how many missions does it take until I get lvl 4 security mission access???
>>
>>815441
From 0 standings, train Connections to III to get access to L2 missions.

It takes roughly 16 L2 missions to get a storyline mission, which will usually boost your corporate standings high enough to take L3s. You need about 32 or so L3 missions to get 5.0 standing with a corp so you can run L4 missions. If you have decent skills for flying cruisers, all of these can be done in a few hours.

If you have cash and want faction standing quickly which lets you take missions from an entire empire, there's the COSMOS missions you can search up on the Uni wiki. You need some items you can buy from the market and a ship capable of doing L3 missions, but if you have those you can push your faction standings up enough to take L4s right away.
>>
>>815012
same here, i started playing again about 2 weeks ago after 3 years of break on a character which i played on for about a month back then (i was a neet back then)
EVE was one of my "one day..." games which i wanted to spend money on, so i bought 1 month of omega and some plex this time around. Now it has been revealed to me in its fullest just how shit the game is to new players.
My guess is when the old players start leaving, CCP will either kill the game and cash out, or will finally make changes that keeps new players, but that's still many years into the future.

I don't think I'll make use of my remaining omega time either, it's just pointless. It's fun to a degree, but when I play i get a constant "what things could've been" feeling, which is unpleasant. Just going to uninstall now, and close this tab since there's no point in staying here if I don't play the game anymore. Playing MMOs is one of the big mistakes you can do these days IMO, unless you're FFXIV tranny that's completely detached from reality and lives in perfect blissful ignorance.

Well, all the best, faggots. See ya.
I did consider contracting all my stuff to one of you fags, it's about 3bil worth of ISK, but nah. Maybe the game will get good someday.
>>
Probably asked a million times but is there a way to manipulate the AI to ignore your drones?
>>
Is now too late to get into the game? I read about all the big wars and spying and shit. Is that just overdramatized fiction? Does intrigue, politics, and spying happen? To what extent? What's the day to day for someone involved in wars?
>>
>>815476
If you can't at least fly a t2 cruiser you won't be accepted anywhere, no one likes a T1 ship shitter in their fleet.
>>
>>815430
because i'm autistic retard like most eve players are.
i need to roon 5 accounts to compensate
>>
>>815008
look ma im a pro pvper using my t2 frig to dunk on ventures im so pro
>>
>>815343
>EVE's going to essentially be two separate games, the classic nullblob blue donut and a handful of disconnected instanced content aimed at giving people who don't participate something to do.
This, this has already happened
>>
Y’all I really wanna play Eve but I was told that game is kinda a p2w, is it true?
>>
>>815496
eve players arent autistic
like 90% of them are chill, 40yo married dads who get drunk with their mates and dunk chinks in PVP
just join a corp, smash beers, kill cunts and have fun.
its hands down the most casual fucking MMO on the market, specially now with filaments and endless easy isk being thrown your way
captcha: SRPn4
>>
>>815544
win what?
there's nothing to "win" in Eve.
flying more expensive shit doesnt guarantee a win in a pvp fight, just means you feed a juicier killmail to the russian who kills you with his 5mil isk Catalyst
>>
File: 1509448648314.jpg (553 KB, 477x724)
553 KB
553 KB JPG
>>815544
Yes.

EVE is primarily a game about acquiring Interstellar Kredits, or ISK. The more ISK you have, the more content you can access.
ISK is normally earned by participating in the in-game economy or doing PVE, like missions (Incursions at higher levels).
ISK can also be acquired by purchasing PLEX through the game store. 100 PLEX costs roughly $5, and can be converted into 551m~ ISK.

ISK is also good because it can be converted into skill points, or if you use the forums, can be used to purchase veteran characters outright. What would ordinarily take someone 5-12 months to competently train a combat pilot can be bought for a few billion ISK in a day or so, assuming you have the coin.

On the higher end of the whale spectrum, PLEX is used to fund multiple alt accounts for the purpose of bot mining. The Chinese make tremendous amounts of ISK this way.

Some whales (think the 0.001%) use PLEX to fund entire wars and influence the political landscape of New Eden.

It's kind of ridiculous to suggest that EVE isn't P2W, because everything is tied to ISK, and ISK can be bought outright.
>>
File: 1668853424091.jpg (68 KB, 1007x1024)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>815429
Well now I'm compelled to keep posting it
>>
>>815544
Subs get multiboxing as a feature while f2p get banned if caught, so absolutely. Dipped into low-sec on my first day and saw some guy with no less than 4 identical scouting alts, and then presumably the main account he killed me with
Also see people posting kill mails in chat that are like 8-10 multiboxed accounts vs 1 really expensive ship, and that's considered completely aboveboard and brag worthy when they win

You can still have fun if you treat it like a typical econ-heavy space sim but you're not competing with these people unless you fork out
>>
>>815544
pay to suffer. but baka eve sickfucks enjoy to prey for 8 hours with 3 accounts to make killboard a bit greener
so you pay for sub 3x
pay for injectors 3x
pay for ship\fit\shit 3x
and if you are mantally ill enough to keep going
enjoy your dopamine two times a day
>>
Hypernet is a fucking scam and I’m mad.
>>
There's any good corp?
>>
>>815053
hope you're not using autocannons
>>
>>815343
It's not only a new player problem. The blue donut is extremely unattractive to us oldfags who played in small groups kicking in the teeth of the blobs of the old. That niche has been gradually squeezed out of existence.
>>
>>815558
>On the higher end of the whale spectrum, PLEX is used to fund multiple alt accounts for the purpose of bot mining. The Chinese make tremendous amounts of ISK this way.
There has only ever been 1 Chinese EVE player, and it’s Xi himself.
>>
You can't buy isk, retard.
>>
>>815616
I still don’t understand multiboxing, can you give commands from one account or do you have to tab between them and control each one individually? How do you even keep track of this? Is there tricks to make it easier? I thought about starting some alts while there’s the 1m skill points and letting them train but I don’t understand really how to use them
>>
How prevalent is diplomacy and spying? Is that a thing of the past? How does one even get into that?
>>
>>815739
It definitely still exists. I'm neither so I couldn't tell you how to become one but most decent sized corps have diplomats so join one and talk to them I guess.
>>
>>815728
You just bot it with Autohotkey or better software.
>>
>>815786
What do they usually do?
>>
>>815802
Suck tranny cock in Discord.
>>
>>815802
Talk to other corps, know what's going on with nearby groups, be a contact point for batphones, things like that I guess. >>815803
A lot of this too, most likely.
>>
just made an account. what are some good newbie corps? is EVE Uni still a thing?
>>
>>815847
EVE Uni still exists, but they want you to join their corp to do stuff. EVE Rookies and Linknet do public fleets.
>>
>>815910
Is Uni a good choice, or am I better off joining a corp in a bigger alliance?
>>
EUni grooms you into being a useless hisec carebear, nullblobs groom you into being a useless dullsec tranny carebear.
>>
>>815963
then give me a few suggestions
>>
>>815964
Play a good game with good people instead?
>>
>>815970
then give me a few suggestions, retard
>>
>>815915
If you want to join an alliance for null activity, it's best to find a corp with people you like that are a part of one. Don't join Brave, Goons, Frat, or PL, join a corp in one of those groups that's already established. Joining for the alliance drops you into being a lineman and makes it exceptionally hard to get noticed and make the social contacts you need if you're wanting to move up the food chain.

EVE Uni can teach you things, but they purposely distance themselves from owning sov null because it creates entanglements they don't want. They do maintain a presence in Syndicate NPC null, however. E-Uni does have recruiters for sov null in its structure, they're just not openly affiliated with it.

Your other option is to try and find a wormhole corp, but because wormholes are usually small, their players are expected to be very active and skilled (Expected, doesn't always match reality). Wormhole groups usually have fewer people and focus on owning on their single system.

Whatever you do, pick a group that's established and has a decent amount of active players and stable leadership. Joining a five man corp in high sec isn't going to provide that, at best you make some friends and have a small gang, at worse you wind up being a +1 that just tags along everywhere until the group inevitably disbands. You want a corp that's going to survive when a few members or leadership go on hiatus.
>>
>>815978
>Don't join Brave, Goons, Frat, or PL, join a corp in one of those groups that's already established.

Not sure what you mean. Do you mean don't join the "main" corp in the alliance, and instead join a smaller, active, more specialized corp in the alliance instead?

>Joining for the alliance drops you into being a lineman and makes it exceptionally hard to get noticed and make the social contacts you need if you're wanting to move up the food chain.

How would one stand out and do this?
>>
>>815983
Dude don't you have friends? Why are you asking basic bullshit? Just get your friends to get you in a corp, otherwise why even play? You want to be pug fodder lmfao?
>>
I like destroyers but they are too fragile, like this established role of 'anti-frigate' has been obfuscated more more everyday.
>>
>>815984
None of my friends are autistic enough to play EVE.
>>
>>815739
>diplomacy
literally every corp with 10 people or more has a dedicated diplomat
>spies
still a thing too, but harder to do with all the Auth tools around these days. any corp that spends more than 3 whole minutes on someone's recruitment process can usually sniff out most spies.
>>
>>815998
not him, but my advice
>look for a corp that does the kind of content you want to do
>check their killboards and other tools to see if they're actually active
>never join a highsec corp that's "saving up" so they can one day afford to move to low/null/wh (they never will)
>join a highsec mining/missioning corp, they're just tax scams
>one that suits your personality, playstyle etc.

there are heaps of groups ranging from sweaty nerds to casual drunkdads laughing about shit on comms, with everything in between.
hardest part is finding the group of ppl you click with.
i reckon if you're completely stuck, try joining FW and get involved with the faction's fleets, discord, pings etc to meet people. at the least it'll get you a step in the right direction.
>>
>>815972
Foxhole has been good fun lately.
>>
>>816026
Any good resources for finding corps? Anything else I should be aware of to separate the shitters from the viable options?
>>
File: 1670700310945.png (32 KB, 657x527)
32 KB
32 KB PNG
>>815700
What's wrong with autocannons?
>>
>>815985
Assfrig buffs kinda removed their natural prey. ADC is silly OP on a frig.
>>
>>815983
Yeah, that's what I mean. If you just apply to the general recruitment for the alliance, you're going to be dropped into a corp that's just bulk recruits that hold territory and get herded around by the leadership to fight in wars. You're not going to ever really get access to anywhere good to farm and the best you'll get is the alliance-wide fleet things like mining and site farming. The people in charge will have no desire to teach you anything because they want someone that presses F1 on command and doesn't ask questions. Ambitious people aren't worth the risk.

You join a smaller corp that's just part of the whole though and the people running it are more likely to cultivate you as a member to increase their standing within the alliance. As corps grow, alliance leadership starts having to deal with them differently because they contribute a larger share of the alliance's might, and being a valuable corp means having valuable players in it.

Not an exact description of it, but if the core corporations of the goons, the russians, or PL up and left, even if they only made up 5% of the member base, the alliance would fall apart because leadership is important to keeping the thing running. Alliances are made up mostly of brainless carebears that rarely have an independent thought and never learn more than what their masters teach them because that's exactly what an alliance needs to keep running, and then there's a few smaller groups of players that handle the specifics that require some thought on how to do it.
>>
>>815720
Is Xi basically every Hulk user?
>>
>>816141
What separates the cannon fodder corps from those smaller corps that you're talking about? Is it skill? Are they good at something in particular?
>>
>>816145
A bunch of hard to define things. Skill plays a factor in it, but it's also how long they've been around, how much practical benefit they've contributed, and how ingrained their leaders are with the alliance leaders. Personal relationships and stuff.

The whole thing is basically a feudal system. As alliance leadership, you want strong allied corps (vassals) because they can get shit done and punch far beyond their weight compared to most players. They're the ones that set up gate camps on their own accord, handle intel in their space, find new opportunities to farm, that sort of thing. Linemen pretty much just float around your systems and occasionally shoot rats, content they farmed up 300m ISK yesterday since that's more than they ever saw in highsec. You have to whip them to get them to serve any strategic goal.

The problem is smart players are usually ambitious and have an eye on your crown. If they start to realize they're pulling most of the weight in the alliance, they'll either force you out or splinter off their own faction. You keep them at arm's length, but then you reduce how effective they can be by keeping them in the dark and don't win yourself any favors with them.
>>
>>816171
That makes sense. So would you say it's mostly about taking initiative and trying to get into more hands-on, practical stuff?
>>
>>815343
I wish there was some kind of reset every few months. Stagnation keeps the game afloat for now but at the same time it keeps the game from growing.
In not even going to play this knowing that some nolifer with 20 years of playing has so much resources he can lolwaste capitals by the dozens without much thinking then post bullshit like "don't fly what you can't afford to lose".
There is no point in trying to compete with that. In order to properly learn and have fun you have to be on the same level as other players at least in posessions.
Players keep their ingame knowledge and that's fine, but there's nothing for new players to aspire to except cheap ganking of highsec miners and smoothbrain mission running.
>>
>>815430
I don't like playing with friends and I don't like playing """""singleplayer games""""" which are really just puzzles. I just want to struggle alone against my opponents and earn victory.
>>
>>816145
Undeserved elitism and circle jerking. The "special" corps are the same retarded F1 carebears like the rest of them, only with super toons and more discord tranny dick sucked.
>>
>>816175
Pretty much. You should try and be involved in group stuff and make yourself a valuable contributor with the intention that people would rather bend the rules to keep you around than have to deal being a man down. This is pretty hard to do the bigger your corp or alliance gets, until you make it to management level.

Unironically read "The Prince" and apply that to dealing with people in EVE.
>>
File: 1408151086339.gif (438 KB, 226x209)
438 KB
438 KB GIF
>>816048
In-game corp finder is OK for finding corps with your specific play-time.
Reddit and Facebook are good too, usually recruitment posts/threads on there.
Use zkill and other tools to scope out how active they are.
Can also be worth flying out to where they are in a covops and scoping them out.
Hardest part is A) not accidentally getting a dead retirement home corp, and B) finding a corp culture that suits you.

On the 2nd point, see if they have any casual roams you can join in on first to see if they fit you, or join for a week... fly with em for a bit and see if they're your taste.
Sweaty nerds can be fun, so can casual drunkdads. But you dont want to be an 18yo memelord zoomer in a corp full of 60 year olds, nor do you want to be a casual player in a group full of sweaty tryhards.
If you dont like the corp after joining, just leave. dont feel like you have to hang around a group you dont like.

corp size is another factor too. try to avoid groups that literally only have 3-5 online. groups that small, all it takes is 1 guy to "Win Eve" for the others to all stop logging in as well.
Generally I'd say a corp that has actual goals and group projects or group PVE they work on together, as it actually forces people to log on and do shit together, as opposed to like.. a 1000man nullcorp where no-one ever hangs out and everyone solo ishtar rats in silence forever.

memes aside, pic related is right.
>>
>>816310
I would say a new player shouldn't join a corp right away at all. Playing EVE alone is for masochists, but you also don't want to dive off the deep end from the get go before you really know what you like about the game.

Look for public organizations, things like Bombers' Bar, Warp2Me, any NPSI roam etc and check what time they're doing stuff and how to participate. This lets you find out if you even like the activity before you join a corp that specializes in it and even if you don't, the people in it often dip their feet in a lot of content so you can meet people you just like playing with and find something you do like doing with them.

It gets far easier to find good people when you're already doing group content in EVE because unlike every other MMO where dungeon finders begin and end without a word said, the nature of EVE is such that fleet members are going to chat with one another frequently and their personalities will bleed through so you get to know a bit about them.
>>
>>816310
>>816440
These guys basically said everything you need but don't get too bogged down in trying to find the perfect corp immediately. Once you have a rough idea of what you want to do it's fine to join an average group just to get involved in that activity. Once you're actually in wormholes or FW or whatever it's much easier to see who the good groups are through encounters with them and comments from your current corp members compared to scrolling through endless recruitment posts that sound the same. Those better groups would be happier to have a newbie with some experience applying than a complete beginner too.
>>
Anyone happens to have this torrent saved somewhere? It's a leak from 2008 of EVE Online's Jennifer tool.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:93A2A9292A76919DB6121CD9DD05D57942F28974&dn=Eve-Online%20Jennifer%20Pre%20Trinity.%20Test%20server%20maker.&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2F9.rarbg.to%3A2710%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2F9.rarbg.me%3A2780%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2F9.rarbg.to%3A2730%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.opentrackr.org%3A1337&tr=http%3A%2F%2Fp4p.arenabg.com%3A1337%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.torrent.eu.org%3A451%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.tiny-vps.com%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.stealth.si%3A80%2Fannounce
>>
File: Untitled.png (753 KB, 844x570)
753 KB
753 KB PNG
whoa, why so many retards being so "helpfull" and "much friendship"

did online numbers dpopped again so they need to lure as many noobs as they possibly can?
>>
>>816617
Yes.
>>
File: 1663276236589.png (98 KB, 612x491)
98 KB
98 KB PNG
>>816617
They're really worried about retaining new players to the point that a GM messaged me to offer grief counselling on my first lost ship, even replaced it despite being told it wasn't necessary
Thought it was hilarious until I actually read rookie chat for a bit and saw the amount of people threatening to quit the game after getting their ship blown, people who played for days yet inexplicably don't have funds for a replacement or any career programme freebies to fall back on
>>
paypigs really out here killing fresh ventures and corvettes
>>
>Find lowsec gas
>open market for gas huffers and ventures.
>None to be seen
The lowsec jew doesn't want to farming their space.
>>
File: 1658492808667.png (6 KB, 268x56)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
>>
>>816143
Yes
>>
>>816853
>>
>>816823
Gas huffing is a cash cow stepping stone, right now the Christmas wave of new players hasn’t trained up to gas huffing, and last years have moved up.
Placid is more active with miners btw.
>>
>>816869
Plus with the 1m SP for new players, if they knew what they were doing they could be huffing in a venture day 1 making 50m-150m ISK per hour which is extremely good for beginners.
>>
>>816617
>being tsundere about a fucking video game
cunt asked a question, i answered. what the fuck more do you want?
>>
>>816617
>half a million subbed
>300k unique logins a month
>record numbers of ppl online
>another huge war kicked off
>popular new expansion
>ppl eagerly awaiting new content about to come out
>game balance is in a good place right now
you need to drop the 2012 "EvE iS dYiNg!??!?!?!" mindset my duderino
>>
>>816883
yeah there's that one dude that made 23bil his first month huffing gas posting on the forums
>>
>>816974
>half a million subbed
lmao you know full well most of those are alts
>>
>>816883
Gas huffing is good ISK/hour while you're doing it, but it's always a question if you're going to find a cloud or not. Some nights I've gotten two or three spawns to myself, others I stumble on one site that didn't despawn when it ran out of clouds.

I wish I knew if clouds instantly respawned somewhere in the region when you emptied one out, if that was the case it'd be very efficient just to get a small group of people each scanning a constellation as old sites dry up.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (38 KB, 1280x720)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>817004
stats at fanfest last year showed that 90% of multiboxxers are in PL
>>
>>817004
I'd say at least 2/3s of subs are bots. While that's a shocking statistic on it's own, think of all the PLEX whales buy to fund multiboxers. You know full well people with 10 alts aren't solely paying individual subs for each.

Multiboxing and botting would drop like a rock if PLEX was removed, but it would probably kill CCP at this point.
>>
Okay this is going to sound mega retarded but I’m trying to start a second acct for multiboxing, I originally got the game on steam, so it automatically logs me on, how do I open different accounts simultaneously? Minimize acct #1 sign out then sign in to acct #2 and launch? Then switch between windows?
>>
>>817285
On the launcher you can add extra accounts and launch them individually.
>>
>>817306
Can each account I add collect 1mil SP?
>>
>>817421
If you use the referral code thing.
>>
>still no word on fixing the game or doing anything
>>
>>816974
>war
isn't eve war the most boring 'feature' in the game? i would rather mine than jump around for hours and f-onening with time delay
>>
>Not waging war solo
>>
>>817535
It won’t let me it says I already used it, but I used it on my main account, not this one. And to be clear I’m talking about accounts not characters. Also I’m using steam maybe that’s the problem
>>
>>817820
What do you expect from a developer whose major features on a roadmap are dumb PvE events copypasta'd from previous years?
>>
>>817820
chill, they develop another fps and some mobile zoomer shit. Noone is going to commit to ultima online in space. it has no future
>>
it has no future because they don't do anything
>>
wtf is this war with 'fire' all about?
>>
Bored nullblobs target russians because everyone else is blue, proceed to spin some bullshit about helping small alliances.
>>
i'm so bored holy fuck, stupid events are the only thing a could grind for a week don't fucking touch them
>>
why don't the nullblobs target frat, eve needs a sinocide
>>
>>818513
blah blah "helping small alliances by invading them" or something
>>
I wish they would make eve VR compatible..
>>
>>819211
i wish there would be less retards with brainfarts .
but here we go
>>
>>818513
nullblobs need to give some ~content~ for the F1 plebs to circle jerk about on leddit so that they don't get bored, unsub and stop generating RMT money for their lords
>>
Quit eve a few years back, around the time they added filaments for pve content. They were fine but got old quick so I joined some null new bro corp before I eventually got bored and left the game. Null space aint for me, high sec is boring as fuck but at least keeps me busy for a short time before getting bored. Is the revamped faction warfare worth coming back for? My favorite times with the game were 10+ years ago flying small gangs/pirate fuckery with /v/ corps. That time is obviously long, long past (and none of ya'll would even remember me anyway) but I'm bored enough to consider coming back to the game. Memes aside, is it worth it? Is new FW doable solo or is it all fleet action? Are filaments still the simple pve isk generators?
>>
I feel lonely and shitty since I discovered I can’t multibox on mac
>>
File: 417755.png (637 KB, 599x671)
637 KB
637 KB PNG
>mac
>>
>>820183
They are affordable and reliable, because the new gens make the old gens devalue so fast, you can get an extremely decent max for 200$ on Facebook marketplace
>>
File: 1391488695321.jpg (261 KB, 1054x1026)
261 KB
261 KB JPG
>>819713
>My favorite times with the game were 10+ years ago flying small gangs/pirate fuckery
yeah you'd love FW or wormholes then
>with /v/ corps
my condolences
not much has changed as far as the game's "culture" is concerned, but just be careful with gamer words in chat.
someone got a ban last month for calling someone a "mongoloid" in local, which is a sign of how pussified CCP has gotten with player "bullying".
>>
>>820332
is this "meme" supposed to be funny? or you need to be retarded to understand that reference
>>
>>818513
Fuck around and find out is basically the jist of the war,
Fire was an awful ally during the war horde went to save them in and went against a peace deal out of greed.

Horde leadership had enough at this point and the idea is it's better to glass the area and let new grass grow than deal with an awful ally.
>>
File: 1391488747132.jpg (280 KB, 1218x1114)
280 KB
280 KB JPG
>>820389
all of the /v/ corps are cringe zoomer shit
never play vidya with 4chan unless its Ace of Spades
>>
>>820389
There is no reference. They are just taking words that appear on the killmail and putting them together,
>>
my expectations were low, but holy fuck you guys are pathetic
>>
Chess is unironically a better game and more exciting than eve
>>
shut down killboard API ,and 90% will stop playing . think about that
>>
turn off local in null sec
>>
pretty much all intel should be removed, the game gives way too much >free intel

anything not visible in your d-scan or grid should be hidden
>>
>coping wormholers
>>
any counterargument basically boils down into
>I want to bot in peace
>>
The game gives too much free intel, you should have to target your own ship to see your health.
>>
How much time would I have invest into the game to be relevant?
>>
relevant to what
>>
relevant to anything that involves pvp or interacting with other players in a meaningful sense
>>
it depends how smart you are
>>
let's go with moderate intelligence
>>
>>820954
Depends, do you want to be an honorbu solo player? Expect to spend about a decade learning shit. If you don't mind flying under someone else's command, you can pretty much be effective day one.
>>
>>821069
>If you don't mind flying under someone else's command, you can pretty much be effective day one.

i don't mind that if it expedites the learning process.
>>
>>821080
Then nothing stops you from finding a group that's vaguely related to what you like doing and asking how you can help out. You might start as a sentry that just reports on movements through space for the fleet to intercept, you might fly a cheap frigate and tackle ships to stop them from getting away while your buddies blast them, or you might have any number of small but important jobs for the fleet as a whole. As you play and learn things, you'll get skill points and cash and can buy bigger ships and start blowing shit up directly.

Skillpoints and ISK are important, but actually knowing how the game works and how other players behave is the most important thing of all. You won't learn that until you do it yourself.
>>
>>820950
Jump into Faction Warfare after a few weeks of training basic skills and learning how the game works. There's constant frigate action over there, it's the perfect pvp learning ground. Plenty of new players trying it out while it's still relatively new and if you reach out to people for advice there's a good chance they'll help you out.
>>
This is awful advice. FW is full of tryhards flying pirate frigates with heads full of snakes. New players don't have a chance in it. It's not worth doing except with a gang.
>>
>Mined out 30b ISK worth of wormhole sites today
>Still another 15b left, but I'd been playing for 9 hours already
>Soon as I leave, a roaming fleet comes into the system and snipes my alpha scout
>Only loss all day was a magnate and a praxis I used to roll exit with
>>
>EVE online now has a f2p option
I can only imagine how gigagimped these accounts must be to stop them from botting
>>
>>821282
unironically this
"part of pvp means taking fights you can win" means you either enter a novice plex with a full head of snakes in a meta pirate frigate, or a t1 frig with afterburners and stabilizers to plex, or maybe a t1 frig with the minimum amount of weapons to o-plex

pvp in this shit game is a fucking joke
>>
>>820931
you can ruin a miners day on your first login.
You can be competitive in FW solo in about a month of playing an hour or two on the weekend.

Industry takes about a quarter to get ramped up.
>>
>>820950
ignore 10yo copypasta from retards.
if you are autistic retard and enjoy the grindiest grind and all you need is the application for the highest level of your mentally illness,- good news, you could be viable in few months most. prepare some cash for the start, and PC for multiboxing.
otherwise nothing metters, - you will be rolled over by exactly that kind of people with unlimited time, accounts and in-game savings

once again, - agnore every other 'helpfull' fatass , they want to drug you in regardless
>>
File: 1664872916428.jpg (15 KB, 245x251)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>he's only been playing for 10 years
>>
>>821448
Does it count if I played for a month in 2011 and now logged in for the first time since?
>>
>>821529
he means >87,600 hours played. Games been out for 20years. pretty reasonable desu
>>
>>821300
only restrictions really are
>cant pull lvl4 and lvl5 missions
>cant use cloaks
>cant use tech2 and tech3 ships
>capped at 20mil skillpoints into basic shit
also
>now has a f2p option
been a thing for like 6 or 7 years my dude
its actually not bad for when you just wanna fuck around a bit in Eve but without having to sub. someone that knows what they're doing can still plex their account with an alpha
>>
Is trying to be a Logi "main" a worthless endeavor?
>>
yes, you can't do anything by yourself and logi is about 2 actual skills. just train normal things and put in those 2 skills sometime if you want to fly logi
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (39 KB, 413x514)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>821529
imagine how many skill points you "missed"
>>
just finished the initial career agent missions. is the SoE arc worth doing?
>>
>>821774
Yeah its a good introduction to the setting
>>
>>821553
The L4 part is a killer to me because I would never sub if I could still take them. Instead I usually wind up flying out to low for combat sites when I'm not paying.
>>
>>821583
I mean, if you really, really like incursions people would probably be happy to have you since logi is one of the more limiting factors for most groups. But like the other guy said, there's not a lot to train for logistics, so you'll probably branch out quickly.
>>
>>821774
It's good for lore and because it gives you a huge faction standing to an empire of your choice. The entire chain pays out a grand total of 15m otherwise though and basically sends you across all of high sec, so it's kind of slow if you don't want either of them.

The later epic arcs pay a lot better and have interesting parts in them too, the Amarr one drops an implant that sells for either 320m or 500m depending on who you work for.
>>
Trying to decide on a beginner corp. I've been recommended the big names like KF, Eve Uni, Pandemic Horde, etc. Are there any to stay away from? Any that are particularly good for beginners? Eve University seems pretty good, just pretty hugbox.
>>
>>821836
I personally didn't like E-Uni, but that was more because I don't like too organized of corps regardless. E-Uni has a lot of structure to it, rules to follow, etc, and when you're logged in you're expected to behave. There wasn't a lot that bothered me about it, but when I wanted to start up my own fleet and run it a specific way, I had to get it ok'd by HQ. I couldn't just grab a handful of people, announce what was going on in chat/forums, use the calendar, etc. on my own, and sometimes I'd get told not to run a fleet because it intersected with a similar one and the leadership didn't want to split participation even though mine was on a different day/time.

This was almost ten years ago, so I don't know if they've relaxed or not. They don't have the membership they used to from what I can tell, so I have a feeling a lot of the strict rules have fallen by the wayside in order to attract more players. It seems like there's been some change in the middle leadership as well, so things are likely different than they were.
>>
>>821845
Appreciate it. Any experience with the others? I have decision paralysis since there's so many corps vying for newbies.
>>
>>821850
I made my own corp after my E-Uni adventure and sat in a wormhole for a couple of years, so I don't really have a lot of direct experience from the newbro angle. However, I do things with LinkNet from the corporate angle and I'm so far happy with how they handle stuff. They work in a decentralized sort of way so their entry corps are more like big chat channels and they have a lot of smaller, specialized corps that advertise their fleets to the group. It's easy to bounce from PvP roams to mining fleets to small wormhole groups to whatever and doesn't need a commitment to do most stuff.

Like, to compare it to E-Uni, when I wanted to colonize a wormhole, I was told I'm not allowed to launch structures for the corporation (understandable) and even so, they would rather I use their wormhole campus and fly under the leadership's fleets. With LinkNet, I just had to convince someone my idea had merit and they'd start advertising it as a fleet on their calendar. Unlike E-Uni, I don't get any financial backing from the alliance as a whole, but I'm not barred from trying something out with my own resources just because it might not go so well. And I still found a couple of volunteers who help out anyway, which is more valuable than an ISK donation.

There's a bunch of small, independent corps that work with them, so it's easier to get something you like than following the uni's class structure and major activities. Only reason I'd say to use uni over them would be if you absolutely want to be in a very large corp and don't mind following doctrines and orders, they probably get stuff done more efficiently but it kind of chaffed on me enough that I decided to go my own way.
>>
File: 1656016219208.png (113 KB, 426x408)
113 KB
113 KB PNG
>mooching around lowsec in a 600k venture
>Red name and a numberstring alt start following me around
>oh boy here we go
>jump into what turns out to be a 6 ship gate camp
>turn 360 degrees and jump away
>somehow get away with a gorillion misses and a graze
>other guy jumped in on my way out
>somebody else starts chasing but gives up before long
Lowsec niggers will do anything for a killmail
>>
>>821870
>In ORE null in my venture
>Try to mine the missions, NPC rats run me off
>Notice at the same time, d-scan picks up combat probes
>After warping around some, finally dock in the station
>Come out after 30 minutes, start mining again, immediately combat probes by the same guy

>Get an idea
>Station a cloaked alt outside the station
>Guy is using a Hecate to scan and hunt with
>Fit with sensor boosters and signal amps to hit the cap for scan resistance
>When he starts scanning, furiously warp between several safespots
>After around 15 minutes of warping and being chased by probes, cloak up
>Guy continues to look for me before giving up and docking in station
>Decloak, he immediately undocks again, this time in a Helios
>Warp around again, this time sit in an empty belt until he finishes his scan, docks up, and grabs his Hecate before I burn away and cloak up
>He warps in and is unable to find me, idles a few minutes, and goes to dock up

>Day 3 of this
>Fucker is persistent and is undocking to scan within a few minutes of me doing anything in the system
>Play the same game with him before going to cloak
>This time, when he docks up, I board an empty Venture and eject in space
>Go get my real Venture and warp to the empty one at range, watch it cloaked
>Probes come out again in a few minutes, this time lock on to the ship right away
>Immediately warps in and finds the empty ship
>Laugh as he insta-locks it and starts shooting probably without even realizing it's empty at first

>After day 5, he only gives a half hearted attempt at scanning every few hours before giving up
>Still can't mine due to NPC rats going to mission pockets
>>
>>821282
>>821348
Who do you think advices noobs to get into FW? The very same people farming the noobs in their 5 billion ISK T1 frig setups. Of course there might be some genuine retards whose PVP experience is dying repeatedly and who think that you will eventually get better if you just die enough times without understanding what happened.
>>
>>821812
>because I would never sub if I could still take them
thats exactly why they dont allow lvl 4s on alphas
places like Curse, Syndicate, Stain, Venal etc are chock full of chinese running burner missions all day making 150mil/hr in complete safety in 2sec align frigates
>>
>>822017
Wouldn't be a problem if they'd just seperate burners from normal L4s or finally overhaul the mission system. The whole thing literally hasn't been touched in 15 years.
>>
>drifters parked on my wormhole back
ah yes very good
>>
>>821946
much sandbox
very gameplay
>>
File: kasodf.jpg (63 KB, 635x367)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>822020
>or finally overhaul the mission system
CCP announced at fanfest that overhauling missions completely is on their list of shit they're doing in the next 1-2 years
most missions/agents are worthless but there's a few people that know how to abuse the fuck out of them for broken amounts of isk and LP
>>
>>822049
I've watched a lot of those videos and most of their "income" comes from empire LP conversions which don't really track with what they estimate. Like, I've done some L5s just to see what the income was and while I was putting out something like 110-140k per mission, you're spending them mostly in the navy LP stores so your most consistent money maker is faction ammo which has an upper limit to how much you can dump on the market at once. Beyond that, there's maybe a few implants that sell in very small quantities that have a good ratio. So you might get 500m an hour... but it will likely take you several weeks of seeding the market to get it out of LP, unless you have a direct buyer for your LP in bulk.

It's not exactly like abyssals where more than half of the ISK is in red loot you can sell directly to CONCORD or incursions where you're getting direct bounty payouts and rare LP, blitzing L5s isn't much better bounty ISK than L4s and you have to do it in low sec so you can't always guarantee your system will be clear at any time.

I think the best way to safely abuse missions though is just to get a few alts with standing to take L4s, find a section of space with a lot of agents, then collect easy ones with a lot of battleships in them like Vengeance or Gone Berserk then just murder your way through 30 or so in a couple of hours in a marauder. Don't finish them off, just kill the rats, leave one alive so the mission doesn't complete, come back the next day and do it again. Get a salvage alt to drop an MTU in each pocket as you go so he can come back in 15 minutes and pick up another 15 mil per site. I was pulling like 150-250m an hour doing this split evenly between bounty payouts and loot/salvage, only drawback is once you run out of missions for the day you have to wait for downtime to do it again.
>>
Johnny meme did nothing wrong
>>
are there any other passive income streams like PI and datacore farming?
>>
>>822406
Not really, no, datacore farming isn't even worth the setup anymore.
>>
>>822457
I can agree, even if you've got most stuff in place, you still need to train at least a week to get a decent amount of agents and spend 30m on a skillbook. If you made 5 cores a day at 100k each, it would take you two months to recoup your initial costs. It's only worth doing if you're going to be inventing a ton of blueprints.
>>
>>822465
Not even worth the time to fly around and pick them all up, the datacore economy is flooded by faction warfare LP, its just not worth the time.

If you need datacores in bulk get an afk plexing alt in faction warfare or just learn how to do buy orders
>>
>>822406
selling stuff in stations that have no competition
>>
>>822467
I still run mine and pick them up every few months. It's not PI tier passive income, but it's an extra 20 million or so each month with next to no interaction. No reason not to since the whole circuit takes about 8 jumps in a shuttle to collect and even though buy orders get them for cheap, I wind up having to travel a few different regions to collect them.

It's like anything in EVE though, you get more out of them if you run them up the production chain. I can take the 180 data cores I get each month and turn them into T2 blueprints and sell those for a bigger markup, usually doubling my profit. Or just make things outright with them because there's a lot of T2 modules that are twice as expensive as buying the materials to make them and making them yourself.
>>
File: 1644071551925.jpg (138 KB, 720x1184)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
>passive income
>>
This ebin sisters arc mission is soul crushingly boring
get fuck all for isk too
>>
90mil Skillpoints
I think I'm just going to get all small+medium weapons to V, and frig+destroyer+cruiser skills to V and consider this character done, just extract the sp to subsidize the omega
>>
>>822467
I was so disappointed when I came back after a long break, noticed I had around 300k research points and then did the maths to learn it wasn't even worth cashing in.
>>
>>822049
>he thinks this is broken when tripleboxing three hawks in abyssals is 1bil/h
>>
>>822924
I'm probably reaching that point too. 150mill in subcaps and I've pretty much run out of skills I want to train. Don't know if I should extract, train up a second character on the account for trading/industry (I don't know if I'm autistic enough for that though) or get cap skills just in case I need them in the future.
>>
File: 2023.01.30.15.03.08.png (2.28 MB, 1920x1080)
2.28 MB
2.28 MB PNG
Yo, watchu flyin'?
>>
File: 1651961187096.png (2.42 MB, 1920x1080)
2.42 MB
2.42 MB PNG
only the best
>>
How do I learn to FC?
>>
fly small gang
>>
>>822049
>CCP announced at fanfest that overhauling missions completely is on their list of shit they're doing in the next 1-2 years
Stop believing their lies.
>>
Are frigate abyssals like a full tier above in rewards?
Took a riftermeme into T0 and it's dropping condensate, mutaplasmids and more data
>>
>>823414
Repitition. Take up FC over and over again because no one else wants to do it and start to learn every situation you get into and how to handle it. It's mostly a case of reiterating the basic information everyone knows but will probably forget every once in a while, calling targets, and relaying the most important strategic information to the rest of the fleet (Target on d-scan, +1 in system, etc). If you can do that, your scout(s) will handle the rest and make you look far more competent than you actually are.
>>
>>823533
It's not exactly an even progression, but that's basically the case. You get twice the rewards for your tier in a destroyer and three times as much in a frigate. One thing about doing frigates and destroyers over cruisers is you get far more condensate/isogen/etc than a cruiser but the red loot is only slightly increased. So if you're never selling the other stuff on the market, doing cruiser stuff pays about the same since it's mostly directly vendoring red loot.
>>
File: 4tcxfl.jpg (139 KB, 1280x720)
139 KB
139 KB JPG
>>823433
imagine squeeze same retards for 20 years with the bunch of the same 'kill 10 boars' level quests
>>
I'm trying to decide on a wormhole for casual use by my corp. We have about 12 active people mostly in the EU time zone. Basically all of them are new.

I've been scouting wormholes for the last week or so and found a few empty ones:
>C1 HS static, decent planets for PI but otherwise only useful for teaching people about wormholes
>C2 with a C2/LS static, gives quick access to all the crappy wormhole sites we want, LS static is kind of a pain when wanting to visit high sec
>C4 with a C1 static, we're always stuck two jumps deep in the wormhole system but most C1s connect to HS so it's workable

I don't know if I should go with one of these or keep looking, the C4 is temping but kind of crap, but I think holding out for a C4 with a C3 or C4 static would invite trouble and be too difficult for a casual group to navigate since they're going to want to come and go through known space without alts. The C1 is basically entirely a teaching tool while the C2 could be nice if they actually stick with living in a wormhole.
>>
>>823806
The C4 with a C1 static is kind of shit

C4 is the most common farming/content static for larger wormhole groups, and a C1 static holes are always dogshit in mass/size limits so you'll run into logistical issues of trying to move shit into your system

IMO just don't bother with C1-3s to live in unless you're going to do some heavy industry in them, at that point you're better off just being a daytripper, either find a hole with a C4 static that you can roll regularly for farm/PVP, or just don't bother.
>>
>>823806
If you intend to have the corp move into the hole I'd probably pass on the C1, as you said its only real use is PI and teaching them the basics of how a wormhole works, and they'll pick the second part up quickly. If it's just for PI and casual trips to get them used to wormhole space it's very low investment, least likely to be messed with and the safest bet.
The C4's not ideal either. C1 statics are rubbish, they suck for mass and the combat sites aren't worth running even for new players, and like the other anon said C4 space is where most of the bigger corps live these days.
The C2's not the best either, the LS static could get your newbies killed while travelling and the C2 could roll you into a null/C5 pvp corp, but it will give you more variety, potential HS access and C3 sites to farm. Of the three options it's by far the best but you might want to look around a bit more before you decide to settle there. If you can find a C2 with a HS/C3 static that would be your best bet but I have no idea how likely you are to find an empty one.
>>
File: 2023.01.30.14.37.47.jpg (459 KB, 1920x1080)
459 KB
459 KB JPG
Need a 3rd person camera, for immersion.
>>
>>823814
>>823821
We're mostly doing industry right now. I agree the C1 is probably going to be the safest place to put something down, but it's ultimately much more useful than that and PI. Having a HS static would be good if the rest of the corp doesn't want to deal with logistics though, I know when I first started EVE around 12 years ago I eventually got burnt out on wormhole life because of it.

The C2 and C4-C1 static might both be bad for finding combat sites, but they do let us roll the holes to get new j-space systems to mine in and core deposits for gas and ore can spawn in low class systems (Rarely though). The C2 can be rolled in a similar way to get to an empty LS system for k-space mining as well since it's kind of hard to find nocxium in wormholes.

My main concern is people getting burnt out too quickly if I setup somewhere hard to navigate through or combat sites getting overfarmed to the point where everyone's starved for content. The deeper we go the harder it is to live casually, but the shallow wormholes don't really offer a lot.
>>
>>823827
we had a c2 with a c3 and a highsec static. Absolute best of both worlds. just tell your corp that it trickles in tons of content and newbros to recruit and you become next to impossible to evict. The only thing they have to deal with is elite pvpers sitting on the highsec who will jump back through the second they take any damage.
>>
https://vocaroo.com/1lHMollP8cSF
>>
Joining my first corp. I've been accepted to E-Uni, Dreddit, and Brave Newbies. I'm leaning towards one of the latter two, but not sure if anyone has experience with any of the three.
>>
If you are in/ want to join any of those you don't belong in /dog/
>>
>>823834
>he only thing they have to deal with is elite pvpers sitting on the highsec who will jump back through the second they take any damage.
I see some things never change.
>>
>spend two straight hours ""exploring"" in wormholes and low-sec for the career goals
>just ~11 mil in loot

Why would anyone choose to do this over abyssals
>>
>>824435
>Make 1b an hour dualboxing Ishtars in abyssals
Why would anything do anything else in the game except abyssals?
>>
>>824435
Because its like doing wagie work, rather explore holes, land in random parts of null then back to another wormhole, who knows, annoy the local blue hugbox retards.
>>
>excel addon beta requires discord
fuck off
>>
who the fuck even pays for and uses excel?
who the fuck even uses spreadsheets for modern Eve? the game is solved at this point so there's no need for spreadsheets unless you're getting into like... T3 production.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.