[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 39 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

[Advertise on 4chan]

perseus big guns edition
3.17 LIVE
3.18 PTU
4.0 for 2024
>>
File: perseus-top.jpg (1.76 MB, 3840x2160)
1.76 MB
1.76 MB JPG
>>
File: perseus-docking.jpg (339 KB, 3360x1890)
339 KB
339 KB JPG
>>
File: perseus-lower-deck.png (750 KB, 3840x2160)
750 KB
750 KB PNG
>>
File: perseus-middle-deck.png (875 KB, 3840x2160)
875 KB
875 KB PNG
>>
File: perseus-top-deck.png (582 KB, 3840x2160)
582 KB
582 KB PNG
>>
File: perseus-landed.jpg (469 KB, 3360x1890)
469 KB
469 KB JPG
>>
ARE THOSE HECKIN' JPGS? YAAAAAAAS
>>
3.18 live never ever
>>
File: SCBugs_YAAAASSS.jpg (103 KB, 950x536)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
>>808457
>3.18 still not out
>3.17.5 looking realer by the day
Can't wait for this game to be sold to a publisher and polished.
>>
File: 183d8rhjj5lmljpg.jpg (283 KB, 1600x900)
283 KB
283 KB JPG
The best joystick ever made.
its not because im a boomer.
>>
>>808554
>force feedback on a stick
boomerbabs?
>>
>>808566
the force feedback is cool and all but its mainly great because it uses electric motors to center itself instead of fuckin springs. you can have it stiff with alot of resistance or as limp as my dick (because im a boomer).
>>
>>808576
>it uses electric motors to center itself
seems unreliable as fuck desu
>>
>>808579
they came out in 1998 and still going strong.
>>
>>808554
Literal forgotten tech, lost to the mists of time by a waterfall of licensing wars and patents. God bless you old-ass sidewinder sticks.
>>
>>808361
I like the Perseus for how it looks, but I have zero confidence that CIG would make it any good on account of them pricing it poorly and because Hammerhead was so shit.

Also, fighter pilots flying in straight line will moan, shriek and pout after they get hit. Because the skill ceiling of people who wanna be Luke Skywalker with his X-wing is pathetic.
>>
Master modes will ruin everything. I dont get the obsession of ww2 planes in space. It doesn't work. They are tiny planes with weak engines that cant really go up. We have fuckin spaceships and lasers.
>>
>>809367
good thing it will never come out
>>
File: haloing.jpg (974 KB, 2560x1440)
974 KB
974 KB JPG
I love it out here in my ship. I just casually drift along looking for gems, mine for as long as I want while storing them in the ship's ample internal inventory then walk upstairs to bed when i'm done. Next session I pick up exactly where I left off. Never see anyone else out here, no NPCs spawn on me either, it's just perfect beautiful isolation. And when 3.18 finally happens there'll be wrecks out here for me to snatch repair goop from too.

I only go back to NB to sell gems and restock on food.
>>
>>809423
your shit will get reset if 3.18 ever hits live bro
>>
File: My happy place.jpg (978 KB, 2560x1440)
978 KB
978 KB JPG
>>809431
Yeah, and? When that happens all I need to do is grab another multitool, food, and drink then quantum back out here to carry on doing what I like.
>>
>>809423
you can actually find gems out there in the belt?
i didn't know that but that's pretty cool, might have to give it a try
>>
>>809473
Many ship-mineable asteroid models have little creases/crevasses on them which have a chance to spawn hand-mining gem nodes, you have to get pretty fucking close to discover it though, somewhere between 50-100m, if you're closer than 50m and there's no gem icons then move on to the next rock.

Don't let me mislead you though, while I love doing it this isn't exciting or terribly profitable, but yeah there's no competition out here in the Aaron Halo, can go days and never see a soul and if you've got a big ship like mine you can put millions worth of gems in there no problem.

Also while gem mining in zero-g it is even more important to not overcharge your rocks since they'll just rocket off into the void never to be seen again.

It's relaxing work, I love being EVA millions of km from anyone else next to my massive ship.
>>
File: 1672901315532049.jpg (47 KB, 1024x752)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>check spectrum
>carebears arguing that piracy is griefing
I can't wait until slavery is in this game. The asshurt will be amazing.
>>
>>810143
cant wait til sc is fotm and squeaking teenagers are bullying trading boomers
>>
>>808477
>>
>>810143
God, I can just see it now. Kraken hovers over a planet and lads just go down kidnapping random people like a Cabal of Dark Eldar, filling up their holds with people stuffed into cryo containers and then shipping them off to be sold as slaves.

I doubt we get to have slaves as crew members, but if we can, whoo boy. Space plantation
time.
>>
even if slave trading isnt a thing, trading NPC crew will be. Im gonna stock up on a bunch of ship slaves... i mean crew and sell them on to javelin owners or something.
>>
CIG have already stated that slavery and bounty-capturing will work the same way; the player will be given the option to immediately be replaced by an NPC version of themselves and they wake up in prison/hospital/relevant location.

So unless that plan changes considerably the only spacedads you'll have on your plantation are the ones who go along with it in RP.
>>
File: 1659982042118.jpg (60 KB, 1024x1004)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>no new wave
>no new ptu patch
>1 month in
>>
>>810492
I'm Wave1 so I don't know what you're upset about :^)

Also, there was a fucking PTU patch last night you dink.
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/190048/thread/star-citizen-alpha-3-18-0x-ptu-8340717-patch-notes/5681752

Lots of good fixes but I'm disappointed about the removal of push on distortion weapons, it made them a great tool for flushing out cunts in the rocks at JT.
>>
Can the vulture create multitools in PTU?
>>
>>811619
Yes, so can the reclaimer. It's better to remember to bring them with you though because they cost almost an entire SCU of salvage-goop to craft, which is worth way more than just buying a multitool.
>>
File: added.jpg (27 KB, 182x399)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
These were just added to the pledge store today, because of Siege of Orison launching.
>>
>What’s more, long-time players will also receive the Red Festival envelopes from the previous three celebrations as in-game collector’s items.
What did they mean by this? Is there anything I have to actively do to get the red envelopes like find one in game or will they be added passively?
>>
>>813114
The red festival envelopes they're talking about there are different to the ones you can find in game. They'll be hangar decoration/dashboard flair.

In order to get this year's envelope simply log in during the event. If you logged in to any of the last three lunar festival events then you'll get those envelopes too. Again, they're decorations, not envelopes you sell.
>>
>>813114
>>813149
Oh and they'll be attributed when the event is over, likely with whatever patch removes the event from the PU. The wooden roosters however are in-game now and can be used immediately.
>>
So its been like 12 years and there is still no exploration gameplay. Those are the people who initially got this shitheap off the ground in the first place. Can we at least get functional scanners or something so we can track where people are in the verse and go blow them up? You can market it as "bounty hunting/piracy" and sneak in some actual development towards exploration. Who am I kidding, this is about selling jpegs at this point.
>>
File: 1652142462030.png (25 KB, 128x128)
25 KB
25 KB PNG
>>814723
m8 its been 2 months of wave 1 ptu
>>
>>814723
>12 years
Ah yes I too remember star citizen development beginning in January of 2011
>>
>>814767
I have no idea about that any of that. I just updated and booted for the first time in forever and there is still no exploration. More places to trade and do "kill x AI ships" missions if that's your thing though, so good for those people.
Are you trying to tell me that are on the verge of releasing some exploration stuff?

>>814816
Project was made public in 2012 in which Chris Roberts said they had already been working on it for over a year. You know the exact date and want to give me shit for being off a few months? Sure, go for it; 11.63 years or whatever the fuck.
>>
>>814826
>releasing some exploration stuff
Nah, keep dreaming. Salvaging is finally coming in though
>>
>>814872
I assumed that would have followed closely behind mining. How long ago was that, 3 years ago? 4?
I remember the relatively speedy clip things used to happen back between hanger launch and then Arena Commander followed by Star Marine. Seemed like we were really roundig a corner and we'd get something close to meeting the original goals by 2020. How naive we were.
>>
>>808359
>4.0 for 2024
Premium cope
mid 2025 if you are lucky
>>
File: Balcony.jpg (294 KB, 2560x1440)
294 KB
294 KB JPG
Nothing like a breath of fresh air on the balcony of your ship.

Your ship DOES have an external balcony, right?
>>
File: Portal.webm (2.61 MB, 960x540)
2.61 MB
2.61 MB WEBM
In addition to a nice balcony my ship also features this handy portal.
>>
I really want to give this game a try but I always play it for a month then refund my money because I feel robbed
>>
Lol, this "game" is some kind of a weird perpetual bad joke. What keeps people paying attention to it? Sunk cost? Refusal to accept they got scammed?
>>
File: 58e003f527.jpg (12 KB, 255x255)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
1 patch a year because they've decided to work on the side game no one backed for and that they release no proof of progress of.
>>
>>815116
>the side game no one backed for

S42 was THE game to begin with, it was never envisioned as the side game. The PU came later and was quite literally a side-mode for multiplayer fucking around, it didn't have free flight planned, planets/moons weren't going to be explorable and that's why it doesn't even have a real fucking name beyond the star citizen persistent universe.
It's not CIG's fault that you don't know that.
>>
File: s123.png (496 KB, 760x1061)
496 KB
496 KB PNG
>>815122
squadron 42 is ONE section in the original kickstarter that literally makes a mention of the PU within it
>>
>>815122
SQ42 (before it was even called that) was originally just the "tutorial" for the PU. You'd be discharged from ht emilitary at the end of your deployment and be free to fuck around.

Quazi related: Does the web page still exist on the site that has the interactable star/galaxy map? That was kinda cool and implied some details about where the campaign would take place if you read between some lines. But I think maybe they took it down because it started making them look bad that they had dozens of systems planned and were struggling to even release a second, much less finalize the first.
>>
>>815122
>>815434
the military*
>>
>>808477
>>810259
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrr4F-bQSB8
>>
File: 1647458891728.png (11 KB, 112x112)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
>>815512
>Before the Data Wipe
any second now
>>
Let's say it releases right now. What is coming in 3.18?
Salvage, Shipwrecks persist, Cargo iterative improvement, New geography (rivers and caves), Updated racing (w/ new tracks), and New missions. Did I miss anything?
Now, on the other hand, its been 9 months since the last major patch (whose feature list was even more sparse). Put the money aside for a moment and just consider the manpower. 550 developers in 2021, so going to use that as the base. Let's say half of those are working exclusively on content and mechanics that can only be used on squandron 42 and will have zero benefit to the PU, that still leaves 225 developers. That's about 2 full modern AA/AAA development studios. They had three quarters of a year and this is all they could manage? That's even assuming in releases now and not another month or two down the line. How can they even be putting in so much work on squadron 42 when basic shit like components, heat/power, sensors, and fuel aren't even anywhere close to final? What are all these people doing? What have they been doing? They spent about 75 million in 2021 just on game development; if we assume that stayed the same (it wouldn't have, they go up in costs every year) then they would have spent 56 million in just those nine months. Take a look at those features again, does that look like its worth the entire development budget for Witcher 3 or Gears of War 3? How about the complete budget for Halo 3 including marketing and everything else? (I have no idea why all my examples are all these 3's.) We aren't even considering any of the other costs they are also experiencing, this is just for the actual developers (designers, coders, artists, etc.)

Shit's gotta stop.
>>
>>815596
they are also working on 4.0 and other future shit that will never release hehe
>>
>>815601
They've been wprking on "future shit" for like half a decade. Someone mentioned it yesterday and it got me thinking that sometime between the initial FPS release and mining, shit really slowed down. What mechanics have they really done since then? Improved avatar customization, missions, hand mining/harvesting, quantum, placeholder cargo/trade, water, medical. Am I missing anything big? They've also reworked the flight model and character interactions a couple of times (again) but how many times do they get credit for going back and redoing their work?
>>
Moving to staggered development was a mistake for this very reason, but do keep in mind that it means despite delays in releasing 3.18 the 3.19 and beyond patches have continued to be worked on throughout.
Yes it's the reason old bugs keep coming back but progress is happening, slowly.
>>
>>815647
Staggered should mean the patches should come more quickly. This is the exact reason how CoD is able to come out with a new release every year or so by staggering the production of multiple games (patches, in our case) across multiple studios (teams). Do you mean to tell me that you think 3.19+ is just going to be like 2 months (for example) after 3.18's release and for that to be the case going forward? How many of these "almost past the hurdle and then things are totally gonna change this time, guys, for real" moments do we need to have?
If you want, you can answer this instead: At the current rate you think they are developing at, how soon until they release a full "1.0" (you can define that as a full-feature, persistent PU with a dozen systems as well as squadron42, if you'd like)?
>>
>>815660
>Staggered should mean the patches should come more quickly.

It should, but have you considered that CIG may be incompetent?
>>
>>815710
I mean, they seem to be hiring a lot of people from the pink hair crowd and putting them on display.
That's generally speaking a sign of massive mismanagement of funds.
>>
>>815765
They've been scooping up a bunch of the recent tech layoffs too, it's a concerning hiring trend.
>>
>>815710
Yes, thus
>>815596
>>815615
>>
>>815774
You think they have a choice? They had job postings for some positions open for years. They take what they can get.
>>
>>815765
Where? All the devs that have been on camera lately have been the regular bearded dudes in t-shirts and hoodies. The only colored hair people they ever had were two chicks, one was in QA testing and the other designed the CMR exterior everybody liked.
>>
The CIG social media team are stalking developers who've been fired recently, like the microsoft layoffs, and replying to their tweets about it with posts about jobs available at CIG. It's pretty scummy and sad.
>>
>>815960
whats scummy about it
>>
>whats scummy about it
>>
>nigga gets fired
>yo want another job?
>WOAH THERE WITH YOUR PREDATORY TACTICS
fuck off retard
>>
MUST
DEFEND
CIG
AT
ALL
COSTS

PLEASE GIVE ME STRENGTH LORD ROBERTS
>>
>>816016
nta but curious about it too
>>
>nta
>>
>>809367
I'm up for anything at this point because space turret and space jousting is fucking garbage
>>
do you need to set up a page file for 32gb? If so, do I just let w10 handle it or is there a specific amount should I set it to?
>>
>the community is STILL mad about pirates
Do I need to bring a consent form to the battle before I blow your airlock? Get some friends you fucking idiots.
>>
>>815951
Except you also got that John Crewe guy wearing groomer flag during inside Star Citizen, their mods on spectrum are all pro-groomer, they have deep connections with trannie streamers and trannie leakers and apparently got enough pull as a faction to get CIG make an abortion policy.

Furthermore, considering that Chris Roberts hired a lot of Hollywood actors for the project, you can bet your ass that wokery was there during the very foundations of the project.
>>
File: 1665085093838900.jpg (408 KB, 750x688)
408 KB
408 KB JPG
>>816535
Only thing really keeping the lid on that shit is that the Concierge whales and discord dads who want old Star Wars, not the new.
However, if you look at the character models, this shit looks like it's gravitating towards the Nu Star Wars.

Your only hope from my perspective is that Chris Roberts is Autistic enough to give the game enough soul to keep it afloat.

Personally, I wish I had known this shit before I backed, but hey, government steals my money and puts it on similar shit as well.
>>
>>815122
ah so this is revisionist history. I see it now. Is this the redpill they've been talking about?
>>
>>816535
>groomer flag
Ah, you're just mentally ill.
>>
File: pol.gif (1.15 MB, 446x512)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB GIF
>>816734
Yet the fact remains that there's enough activists in the company as well as people sympathetic to the idea that they could easily keep pressuring Chris Roberts to get the company tied to Blackrock until they eventually succeed once, leading CIG to become another ESG thrall like Electronic Arts and resulting in a complete ideological capture of the organization.

The more mainstream it becomes, the more likely this becomes too.
>>
Umm, sorry sweaty, you said something I disagree with and that immediately means you're a paranoid delusional schizophrenic. SORRY! That's just how it works :)
>>
>>816827
>t. roko's basilisk
>>
>>816734
We're talking about a game with a lot of Hollywood talent and left leaning programmers. Obviously there's going to be a lot of Pedophiles involved.
>>
Why the fuck are all the carebears losing their shit about PvP suddenly? What's changed?
>>
>>817332
The PvP vs PvE sperging is a standard cycle of the spectrum forums when the content dries up and there's nothing else to talk about and It has been this way for years.
>>
>>817409
>when the content dries up and there's nothing else to talk about
That's like 90% of the time given the rate CIG manages to squeeze one out.
>>
>>817332
Ballistics casually disregard shields on PTU and combat logging will be disabled, they expect to get pirated relentlessly on the most common trade routes.

Of course, server cap is still 100 and mantis is the only thing capable of pulling you out of quantum atm, so the amount of pirates probably won't change much.
>>
File: road map.png (2.97 MB, 1007x2828)
2.97 MB
2.97 MB PNG
Today I will remind them
>>
>>816535
The lore is written by Jews. Interpret that as you want.
>>
>>817575
>Smuggling
>Refining
>Processing
>Escort?
>Hull C
>Reclaimer
>Farming
All missing. Assuming the "Rescue" is the basic medical gameplay we've gotten thus far.
When is this from? Why were they originally planning to go from 3.3 straight to 4.0 and why did we get so many more sub-versions?
>>
Just got a ban from spectrum.
>>
File: messages.jpg (9 KB, 188x123)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>tfw you're a cheeky monkey
>>
File: Check your cores.png (164 KB, 282x389)
164 KB
164 KB PNG
>>817611
>When is this from?
The file says I saved it in March of 2017, so at least that old (6 years).
>Why were they originally planning to go from 3.3 straight to 4.0 and why did we get so many more sub-versions?
Don't know. Haven't kept up much in the intervening time, hopefully someone else can fill us in. What is clear is they didn't think it was going to take them 7+ years to make it to a prototype of jump points. Also, I'd put money on Science and Exploration not being there whenever it finally drops; even chance if we get the Orion/Crucible.

Also, I think you missed Bounty Hunting in your list because while we have basic CrimeStat functionality there is no capture and return of targets.
>>
>>808359
>mental citizen
At what point will Roberts actually start selling schizophrenia meds to his whales?
Is that flip chick still around and fluffing?
>>
https://youtu.be/c3z9C-VuEgQ
shill videos are back
>>
The fucking cope from people talking about a 5.0 release a year after 4.0
>We're past the blockers and its all downhill now!

Fucking kill me
>>
>>818690
what are they even imagining for 5.0
>>
>>818699
Whatever it is, it isn't gonna happen and its not gonna happen in a year.
>>
My favorite part about this demo is that there will never be a release date. The 'game' is already out. Every single dollar they pull in goes to marketing primarily, and even if CIG were to bring in any actual talent to work on the game it runs on sphagetti code no one would be able to fix. It's essentially a ship selling scheme and CIGs attention goes towards suckering in new people while keeping the boomer whales happy with whatever little info they release.NT8KWJ
>>
>>819118
>Every single dollar they pull in goes to marketing primarily
No it doesn't. In fact, that's why people still think it's a scam. They have done fuckall for PR or advertising given the $500m+ budget.
>>
If you haven't seen the people shilling on yt abt SC then I don't know what to tell you. They have abt 700 employees and can guarantee the majority aren't working on SC or SQ42. Their tech debt is so high it's essentially unfixable, so selling the promise of something coming is all CIG has
>>
I want apologists to start answering the question of how long is too long. Like, let's say we are in 2031 (20 years) on build 4.5, are these same people still going to say that's its unreasonable to expect a more complete product? Where is their line? I want them to answer for themselves instead of just always waving off everyone else's concerns.
>>
>>819263
Everything I want is already in game, i've got my fave ship and I use it to autistically move boxes. So you can suck my sphincter the game is already finished.
>>
>>819271
Then why follow the gae's progress? Why are you here? Go push cargo around for all I care. If anything you must hate that the game is still under development as it will sometime break your fun.
>>
>>819263
I doubt we will ever get 100 systems
>>
>>819550
What about 20?
>>
>>819565
There is zero evidence we're going to get TWO.
>>
>>819658
I willing to give them the benefit of the doubt on the 2, I just don't think it'll be anywhere near Q4 this year; more like Q1 or Q2 2024 ptu drop that drags on for nearly four months.
>>
Upgrading my Cutter to a Cutlass, aye or nay?
I'm not overly fond of the design but it does look like a work of art when you compare it to the MISC freighters.
>>
>>820686
Rent in game to see if you like it. Personally found it to be very fragile, but there's no ship as generally versatile.
>>
>>820686
Cutlass is a solid choice. Its currently pretty useful for a great many things and longterm its a seeming favorite of backers and devs both (meaning it'll get better than average treatment).
>>
>>808359
how much for this jpeg?
>>
>about to be February
>no 3.18
I keep checking in on these threads, hoping one day to see something worthwhile of an update, but honestly, 4.0 will never be released. Hoping that I dont get digits on this one.
>>
>>820851
I'll let you in on a secret: 3.18 wasn't ready for PTU, they just released it the last day before going on winter holiday so they could say that did. At this point its only now nearing a point that it would normally start opening up to the public. Reset your PTU delay counter and expect a full release in late Feb/early March.
>>
>>817611
>Why were they originally planning to go from 3.3 straight to 4.0 and why did we get so many more sub-versions?
Complications with server meshing and the realization that filling out stanton was way more work than they realized. Also thats was around the time that planets were going from basically empty unflyable pictures with landing zones you reached by a autopiloted "lane" to fully explorable environments, this change radically altered the amount of time each system would take since instead of Hurston for example having a single LZ, an explorable port and otherwise being just an image it's got biomes and plants and and a spawling main city and a bunch of other groundside POIs.

This video, from 2015, was the "teaser" they did sharing that on of their engineers had basically designed a system that allowed massive spherical terrain, it was very exciting on the time, but prior to about this time the amount of explorable groundside terrain was not intended to be very big.

3.x got stretched way out because or all the time spent making moons, planets and adding stuff to them, along with the complications of the server backend and the current system being obviously unable to support a more complicated server setup, it can barely manage the current system, much less two linked systems and the traffic between them. Until the network can reliably move players from one server to another, in this case meaning stanton to pyro, running on different instances, without dropping them or chugging outwe couldn't have 4.0

>>817575
that roadmap was from sometime between 2016 citcon and 2017 citcon, likely came at the end of that 6 month period where they got real quiet after bullshitting us regarding 3.0 in dec2016. In the real world 3.0 didn't come out for like 8 months there after and wasn't actually playable for like a a year or more. If you compare the goals placed on that map you'll see were really still working on 3.2
>>
File: fleetpicannotated.jpg (936 KB, 3840x2160)
936 KB
936 KB JPG
>>820719
That's the nose turret of a $675 patrol boat jpeg.
I got one for $240 though
>>
>>821035
>This video, from 2015
???
>>
>>821263
I'm retarded, didn't put the link I meant to.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yLTm8DZ8s4
that was the first we saw of planetary surfaces being like explorable and big. There was some talk of doing more than just LZs before that, but at the beginning the 3d spherical procedural planets were bascially something one guy did in his spare time, according to CiG lore he basically just turned up from his desk one day with a demo for a planet generator no one had asked him for, that he did off the clock cus he wanted to.
>>
File: 1663073592713.jpg (10 KB, 240x240)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
wave 2 this week?
>>
>>821280
>that was the first we saw of planetary surfaces being like explorable and big
Technically true but doesn't tell the whole story. There had been noticeable talk/grumbling with the fa community about it for 2015 that CIG was aware of by trying not to address a lot of (because it was early and they didn't want to make promises).
>according to CiG lore
Yeah, I don't fully buy that (from them, I mean, I know you are just relaying). There was a lot of crosstalk between the Elite Dangerous and SC communities at that time and you'll notice that mid 2015 was officially the Horizons expansion for ED...that just so happened to introduce full rendered planets. Chris couldn't have on rails landing sequences and still call this "the best damn space sim ever" if his competition was going to market well before him with something better. Maybe this supposed guy really did come up with this on his own, but that's because he knew the project was looking for something like that.
>>
File: Dreamer.gif (2.55 MB, 320x180)
2.55 MB
2.55 MB GIF
>>821035
>Complications with server meshing and the realization that filling out stanton was way more work than they realized.
If only they had thousands of fans warning them of this...
>3.x got stretched way out[...]
A constant excuse within the die-hard fans is that the people who make the ships (content) are not the same people who craft the mechanics (backennd and tools), so designing (and selling) ships is not slowing them down from making the core elements of the game. Let me be clear, there is certainly some truth in that (and some deflection), however one cannot turn around and then use that same log ("server meshing is taking a long time because we spent a lot getting hung up on creating moons and stations") to explain why the keystone issues in the project are taking so long. Server meshing or something like it (the name has changed but the idea remains) has been talked about since at least 2014 and actively grinded on since at least 2015. There needs to come a point where CIG and/or their defenders need to admit that there is a problem. It doesn't mean the project is doomed, it doesn't mean the problems can't be fixed, but living in denial is just making this drag out far more than it needs to and frankly causing irreperable damage to their connection with the wider gaming community.
>that roadmap was from sometime between 2016 citcon and 2017 citcon
Thanks for the info.
>>
>>821285
covered here
>>820851
>>820856
>>
>>820856
>>821291
>Reset your PTU delay counter and expect a full release in late Feb/early March
you mean full live release in feb/march or ptu for everyone?
>>
>>821288
>talked about since at least 2014 and actively grinded on since at least 2015.
It is a problem and not a simple one either.
They're trying to design a server architecture thats never been done before and they're trying to do it in the game with perhaps the most data ever flung around a server cluster before. Its a huge problem and they've been chipping away at it for years and we have in fact been seeing pieces of the solution come on line for the last couple years, which is why we are finally talking about 4.0 in a near term sense.

Theres no sense in finalizing the servers methods of tranferring data around until you know what all data youre going to need to move, else you might end up finding that yout meshing solution cant hack it and have to start again.

Stuff like persistence, object containers streaming, all the core professions/system related to them, near final damage systems and so on needed to happen for the server backend to be finalized because they needed to know what sort of load it was going to deal with, and they couldn't know that without all those systems working first.

Like believe me I understand the frustration and the dragging on and the latent suspicion of CIG at this point, Ive been here since 2012 and I have been around for literally every scandal and fuckup. I have watched them make and throw away so many versions of so many things at this point that I am actually glad they are not just rushing out some hack jobbed "MMO server" that they will then have to completely rip out and rebuild in 3 years because it isn't up to the task.

I would rather alpha keep dragging than while they do things meticulously instead of more time spent hacking things in before they are ready and then the hacks get discarded and removing the hacks breaks stuff and we also still need to design and build the "real" system which will have to be integrated into a bunch of hack systems and it will also break when they are removed
>>
>guys its totally coming this time
>its really real this time
>things are different now I totally promise
holy shit don't OD on the copium dude
>>
>>821400
Can you answer my question please?
>>819263
>>
File: 1670373518021259.jpg (97 KB, 762x1024)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>819263
>I want apologists to start answering the question of how long is too long
We're already past that point.

I backed the game ten years ago when I was in college. Game dev is taking so long that I'm not even sure I will be still interested in space games when CIG finally cuts this turd loose.
>>
>>821472
Then the question isn't for you. Its for people like >>821400 who whenever people bring up concerns are met with "you don't understand, its really hard and they are doing the best they can." I just want people to start being honest about how long is too long for them. Too often these people end up saying that they don't have a deadline or just refuse to answer entirely. I find that very telling. I recall back in the day that the apologists were saying that there is no way it would take longer than 202 and here we are well past that and no where near the finish line.
>>
>>821488
>I recall back in the day that the apologists were saying that there is no way it would take longer than 202 and here we are well past that and no where near the finish line.
You don't understand. I was one of those people.

I went from saying it was a scam, to becoming interested in it, to backing it, to becoming a concierge member, to going back to step one again.

I'm been at this shit for TEN YEARS.
>>
>>821528
>I went from saying it was a scam, to becoming interested in it, to backing it, to becoming a concierge member, to going back to step one again.
I fear you have learned no lessons.
>>
>>819263
I was 24 When I back this game.
I am 34 now.
and to answer your question, imagine imagining that you have any control over how long it will take or if it will come out. No amount of you whining or yelling or crying will speed the process. What's "Too Long" even mean? Does it mean the point where you stomp your feet?
If you spent money on this that moneys gone, I'm in for $2600 and In 2012 when I spent $120 on an LTI Freelancer I knew that for better or worse my money was gone and I was along for the ride.

There is no "too long" there is as long as it takes and if it never comes out then oh well, that was always a risk, that is the nature of crowdfunding and chasing dreams, sometimes they don't actually happen. If you can't deal with that reality you should never have backed a pie in the sky project like this one.

Your [Concern]s are irrelevant, you are on the outside spectating. So am I, we have no control and can only observe. You can throw a fit if you want because it is taking "too long" but that will not change a thing. It'll come out when it comes out, and that might be never, get used to the idea. I have been waiting a decade, I can wait more. I play it a bit now and then, I check in on it a few times a year, if it ever comes out I'll probably play it, If I die before it comes out, oh well, that's life, I have much bigger problems than the fact that once wasted $2600 on an ambitious video game that never came out.

I wasted four times that on a college degree I never got and and twice that on a 3dcg workstation PC I never really made use of.

I want "critics" and "concerned people" and the rest of you lot to stop and think a minute about the situation and realize that you are screaming into the void about a video game and literally all that it is possible for you to accomplish is to stress out and demoralize the people who are actually able and trying to make the game come out. They won't go faster cus you whined, they might go "Fuck this" + quit.
>>
>Too often these people end up saying that they don't have a deadline or just refuse to answer entirely
Everytime
>>
>>821564
a deadline for WHAT jackass?
A deadline enforced by WHAT?
By a tantrum, by an angry forum post?
You are pretending you have pwoer but you have NONE.
Anon cannot set deadlines for star citizen, that is not how it works.
If you're asking for the point where I stopped being optimistic and started being cynical about SC then its December 2016 or so.
But if you asking for the point where Im gonna spaz out and throw a fit like an angry toddler who wants his toy RIGHT NOW then the answer is never, because I am not an impulsive, ignorant retard.
I understand and accept that I am not in control of this situation or its end state, so I will just sort of keep an eye on it until it either delivers, implodes or I die or old age. But nothing you or I do say or think is going to select which of those outcomes prevails.
>>
File: get ship rekt.jpg (146 KB, 1280x720)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
>can't even answer a simple question about their position and just makes wild assumptions and ad homs about others
you hate to see it
>>
>>821361
When choosing between two timescales for CIG, always assume whichever one comes later and then add 2 weeks
>>
>>821577
cute
>>
>>821610
More like ten months.
>>
>>821542
>There is no "too long" there is as long as it takes and if it never comes out then oh well, that was always a risk
I genuinely don't understand how you can throw money away and not care.
>>
>>821878
Because I own my house.
I don't need that money to not freeze to death next week. Being a rental wagie who owns nothing makes you a slave to $$ forever, I'm a NEET who owns a cheap house is a rust belt town and so my future is far far more secure and so I can throw $2600 down a hole in hopes a cool game eventually pops out and be fine if it does not.

>>821577
I did answer you I said there was no arbitrarily set point at which I would spazz out.Because me spazzing out would accomplish nothing at all.

I said the drop dead date for star citizen is the date I drop dead and start citizen has not yet come out, because Im not going to act all indignant that my screeched demands have not yet been met like a toddler.
>>
>>821878
Anon, most of us only wasted like 50 bucks on SC. I've paid more for shittier games, it's nothing.
>>
>>821878
>and not care.
It's not that I don't care btw, its that I understand and accept the the outcome is out of my hands completely. Obviously I really want SC to release as a game and obviously I will be disheartened if it does not.

But I'm not gonna freak out about it and Im not gonna give it enough emotional value to be mad about it. Guy up above is acting like there some course of action to be taken when things have gone on "too long", there isn't. Game was supposed to release in 2014, 2015, 2016 and so on. It didn't, it's gone on "Too long" as of 8 years ago. We are way past that point now and if you backed post post 2016 with any idea of deadline and schedules you're out of your mind. How this was gonna go has been obvious since 2015 or so and been glaringly obvious since 2016.

All we can do is wait and see, that is no "if it doesn't release by X dated I'll do Y thing!" The time for that was like 7-8 years ago and all you ever could have done was get a refund.
>>
File: Kilrathi did it.png (177 KB, 544x467)
177 KB
177 KB PNG
>day ater and still flipping out that someone would have the gall to question the footing of his perch
yeah, totally emotionally uncompromised, sure
>>
File: 1670904405905.jpg (19 KB, 293x212)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
you niggas start to look like spectrum
>>
>>822141
>The time for that was like 7-8 years ago and all you ever could have done was get a refund.
Jokes on you, I sold my ships for 140% price
>>
>>822141
>Guy up above is acting like there some course of action to be taken when things have gone on "too long", there isn't.
You don't think CIG could be successfully sued if they fail to deliver?
>>
I got scanned by security as i was doing my ERT certificate. I tried stopping, died and woke up in klescher. For a moment i was mad and decided i should not be incarcirated based off what a computer says. I was gonna go to spectrum and make some shitpost demanding prison sentances should be decided by players like some kind of trial by peers thing but then i remembered Gmod RP servers and ss13 and the kind of power tripping fags that you would be dealing with.

all i got now is that its weird that you can get a big crimestat and a 6 hours in prison for doing PVE.
>>
>>820704
Meh issue with the cutlass is once someone knocks one engine off its spin city
>>
>>822441
>if you severely damage a critical part of the ship it makes it significantly less effective
Ya think? What ship is that not true of? I swear, Cutlass pilots are the biggest fucking crybabies when they already have the best medium size ship. With the exception of shields (which just received a massive soft nerf) what are they bad at in comparison to other medium ships?
>>
>>822492
Cargo?
>>
>>822546
It can carry two thrids as much as a freelancer and half as much as a RAFT in a significantly more agile, fast, and combat effective platform than either; allows the most/largest vehicles of any medium ship; and can transport the most people with the exception of the Prowler (a rare, niche dropship) and even then the Cutlass Steel still wins if you want to include variants.
If the reasoning behind the Cutlass being bad and/or needing a buff is that it doesn't beat it peers in literally every category than I direct you back to my previous post.
>>
>>822307
not a chance, and even if they did such a suit would attracted the most greedy vulture lawyers imagineable and you'd wind up getting $20 back 9 years later out of the $500 you put in.
>>
>>822344
the issue here it security forces spawning and interacting you while you're mid combat mission, sort of thing should be locked out while you are engaged, theres your spectrum post.
>>
>>822580
not him
>agile, fast,
true enough, but the lancer is unironically a better combat vessel than a cutlass. It has much better weapons and twice the shields.
The Lancer is a tub but it's a durable, heavily armed tub. It's pilot weapons mounts are effectively twin S5, quad, not just gimballed but turreted S3s is nothing to sniff at. and it carries a decent number of missiles.
I would take a lancer into combat over a cutlass 100% of the time, the Cutlass real advantage isn't combat effectiveness its combat expendability. They're cheap and easily replaced. so you can do silly risky shit in them without thinking about it, in terms of function the Lancer is just a better ship in almost every way. the cutlass has an edge in agility but that edge is actually pretty small, and as a combat vessel they are both fat slow targets, easily tracked by fighters and turret gunners alike, difference being that the cutlass might avoid a few hits while the freelancer has the tankiness to endure a few hits.
>>
>>822719
Lancer has the cockpit visibility of a T-34 radioman.
Turret faces only backwards.
Also, can't ungimbal guns, so you're capped on S3 anyway.
>>
>>822719
>but the lancer is unironically a better combat vessel than a cutlass
Couldn't disagree more
>It has much better weapons
Given its insane maneuverability (for its size) it actually has better weapons (via its turret) given its ease to get nose on or a sidegrade at worst.
>and twice the shields.
Already said this. I pointed out that the Cutlass has everything on a really great level except for shields. Its the one weakness the ship has and it boggles my mind that people think that a solitary achilles heel on an otherwise amazing ship makes it worthless. And again, shields are about to be much less useful in 3.18.
>The Lancer is a tub but it's a durable, heavily armed tub.
Cutlass has more armor and health.
>but turreted S3s is nothing to sniff at
Turreted weapons slaved to pilot seat are just effectively gimbals and as I said earlier this is less of an assest than would seem given their difference in capability to line up a shot.
>and it carries a decent number of missiles.
Cutlass has more
>They're cheap
Yes, another point in its favor.
>in terms of function the Lancer is just a better ship in almost every way
Other than scu capacity, specifically name the ways. You can't even say its a better transport given what I outlined above.
>the cutlass has an edge in agility but that edge is actually pretty small
Its MASSIVE. There are several (combat) ships a size category smaller that the Cutlass is more nimble than.

Additionally
>>822814
Wasn't me but also has good points
>>
>Cutlass
Better guns
More missiles
Better missiles
Faster
Better roll speed
Better strafing speed
Smaller target
Better visibility for both crew
Can carry more people
Can carry more trucks and bikes
Tractor beam built in
Better armor
More HP
VTOL mode
Weapon and armor racks
Useful sidebay doors

>Freelancer
Better shields
Larger cargo grid
More beds for logouts
Kitchen kinda
Shower
Docking collar that may one day have any purpose

Unless you are literally only interested in hauling cargo boxes in carebear space, the answer seems pretty clear to me.
>>
>>822719
>The Lancer is a tub but it's a durable, heavily armed tub.
It was when it used to have size 4 guns and like three times the missiles before they nerfed it in the rework for no reason ever given. Now it can't kill anything.
>>
>>822719
absolute bait post
>>
>>823110
He's just a Cutlass owner trying to justify giving it even more buffs.
>>
>>823156
It all makes sense now, I'm tempted to buy a blue already since its getting a speed buff
>>
>>823221
Oh no, don't do that! Haven't you heard that the bounty cells in the back currently have no function? That means its entirely useless and a bad ship and CIG needs to make it even stronger. Its not as if half the fucking ships in the game are based entirely around gameplay that isn't even close to getting an initial release of mechanics.
>>
>>823221
Oh no, don't do that! Haven't you heard that the bounty cells in the back currently have no function? That means its entirely useless and a bad ship and CIG needs to make it even stronger. Its not as if half the fucking ships in the game are based entirely around gameplay that isn't even close to getting an initial release of mechanics.

Cutlass owners are so braindead because medium size ships actually good use some readjustment but all they can do is myopically focus on the one minor drawback they have.
>>
File: 1668266939696614.jpg (41 KB, 1200x675)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>823277
>That means its entirely useless and a bad ship and CIG needs to make it even stronger.
Or that they actually implement the necessary gameplay to make it worth purchasing in the first place.
>>
File: Sexy beast.jpg (393 KB, 2560x1440)
393 KB
393 KB JPG
She looks good without the tanks
>>
File: Fine lady.jpg (551 KB, 2560x1440)
551 KB
551 KB JPG
>>823359
On a totally unrelated note, anyone ever get aroused by their ships? Haha, yeah no me neither.
>>
File: Underskirt.jpg (376 KB, 2560x1440)
376 KB
376 KB JPG
>>823361
Phwoar that's a lot of ship to play with.
>>
>>823357
The gameplay I'm interested in is 4 S3 guns, 48 S1 missiles, and an instant 2km radius QED that travels around at 1300m/s. Why would I care about bounty cells
>>
File: 1673906565586159.png (1.43 MB, 1798x1006)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB PNG
> Build an MMO by hoping you can figure out how to stock Cryengine scale 32 player lobby at some point in the future
> 10 years in the future you still haven't figured it out
Pretty fucking hilarious. Even if we assume they are genuinely trying its pretty clear this is never going to be even partially complete and stable. Even all the main personalities like Chris are only showing up once in a blue moon to make appearances before they go back to enjoying their retirement.
>>
File: 1668890555339439.png (520 KB, 800x896)
520 KB
520 KB PNG
>>823377
>Why would I care about bounty cells
Because then you can make whales seethe by arresting them or selling them into slavery.
Honestly though, playing as a slave merchant in Banu space sounds genuinely interesting. CIG showed a slaver cryo pod in Citizencons footage, so I have high hopes that it will be implemented as an in-game career path.
>>
>>823357
I get wanting that spect to come out but consider that you have combat and cargo and rudamentary crime status in game that you can play around with. Now think about people with exploration or medical (nothing until a year ago) or science or farming or salvage or data or repair or whatever the Mako is supposed to do. Those people have just been sitting their with ships that can do jack shit. Maybe they can get a bone before you have a hissy about your cells being non functional (though still fully modeled)?
>>
File: 1666565808051856.png (35 KB, 661x623)
35 KB
35 KB PNG
>>823421
Asking for a ship to be functional before it's sold isn't unreasonable, anon.
>>
>>823490
That ship sailed in 2012. The adults are discussing the realities as they are on the ground.
>>
I bought a gladius, did I scam myself? Ship seems fun, have 3 repeaters for the pve bounty missions and have started taking pvp bounty missions. Had no idea you could track their exact location. Last night me and some random camped some dude at some outpost and then chased and murdered him as soon as he left the safe zone. He got the money (I guess for getting the last hit), but it was still quite fun. Stalking him in the sky while he scurried around on land thinking of a way out was quite enjoyable gameplay
>>
>>824193
I prefer the Arrow but they are both Light Fighters. Ask yourself this and there are no wrong answers: Do you want to fly intercept/inderdicy content where you are closely tied to carriers and stations? Usually just 1 or 2 targets at a time. That's the lighter fighter gameplay as far as we can tell. You're a space-age duelist and that's all you can really expect to do in one. No mass engagements or taking down big targets. No live bounties or exploration.
>>
>>824212
Ty for the response. Yea i gathered as much, I wanted to get the ship pvp experience first which is why I went for this ship. No live bounties? Unsure if that means hunting actual players or not, buy I was doing that last night because pve bounty hunting was getting tiring and I had just upgraded ship.

With that being said, I get told to go to grim hex for pvp encounters, is there somewhere better?
>lawful bounty hunting is fun
>but oh boy, soon I will turn on the neutrals and just be chaotic neutral to harvest pve players tears
If I do that, then I'm basically a 'bad guy' and the bounty hunters come find me if someone puts a hit out on me? Sounds interesting, will try it over the weekend
>>
>>824439
>I wanted to get the ship pvp experience first which is why I went for this ship
Then it was a astute pick in that regard.
>No live bounties?
No bounties in which you disable a ship, capture an NPC/player, and bring them back aLIVE.
>With that being said, I get told to go to grim hex for pvp encounters, is there somewhere better?
Not really. JUst be present in chat and see where the vibe is. Sometimes you can get an impromptu fight club going if you drum up the interest. Look for people that seem bored and don't be an ass about it.
>Sounds interesting, will try it over the weekend
Sounds good, let us know how it goes.
>>
>>823406
I can always incap them and drop them in the klescher hole, unless they change log out while down counts as a death/respawn then you can really take someone anywhere against their will with cells anyway
>>
>>824750
They'be long maintained that when taken into custody the player will be replaced by an NPC or something similar. At best, players can opt-in to RP out the capture. This fantasy where you are going to be able to kidnap and hold hostage somebody's avatar/game-experience indefintely is a pipedream.
>>
File: zoom.jpg (193 KB, 2560x1440)
193 KB
193 KB JPG
>>
>>824907
I love the bubble, but hate almost everything else about it.
The offset wonky guns
The even worse wingtip guns.
the rotation meme that always break and bricks the ship
the way that taking basically any damage renders it unflyable
It's like the Oblivion bubbleship but with a whole bunch of bullshit stuck to it and the bullshits only purpose is to get damaged and make the bubble ship un-usable.
>>
>>824907
Mako/Sen gameplay when?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.