[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 26 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

[Advertise on 4chan]

How's the progress on that base?
>>
I've been cooking narcotics on my ocean platform garden center base. The fertilizer and spoiled meat gets shipped in, but it's nice having something far away off shore enough that a land creature won't destroy or damage it. The ocean platform base was the single nicest thing the devs gave to the game. I guess a farewell present since they announced ARK 2 and will probably take the servers offline when it it releases.
>>
Yesterday I tamed a tek Rex that got killed by an alpha raptor about 12 minutes after I logged back on to use it.
Today I was going to tame a 135 Baryonyx but it got eaten by a spino at the exact moment I had built the taming pen and gone off to actually hunt it.
>>
I find that taming a herd of trikes and carbonemy turtles and taking them with you on taming adventures can be beneficial. Most aggressive things will target them instead of killing what you want to take. Turtles and trikes are also fairly tanky and can absorb a fair amount of damage.
Today I used my turtles and trikes to fight a titanosaur. The ones that survived were beaten half to death. Next time I need to knock out the beast before attempting to slay it.
This advice goes to any high DPS high HP monster. A knocked out monster cannot cause DPS so to knock out a beast of incredible strength is the most ideal method to slay a genetic freak of massive power.
>>
>>799853
Literally nobody is going to walk around with 20 trikes and turtles Rebel. It's bad enough keeping a herd of small fast creatures from getting stuck on rocks forever, let alone herds of 2 of the slowest creatures in the entire game.
>>
>>799854
Stick to the flattest and most water rich beaches and islands. I travelled from red ob to green ob and back with my herd by sticking to the shoreline. The fight with the titanasaur was long, costly, and covered a lot of ground. Did not even manage to slay it so surely I will see it again soon. To knock out before killing is the only way I'll be able to out that beast down.
If you're traveling in the mountains try a herd of argentaives instead. They don't take much longer to tame than a turtle and are about as tanky as a trike unless you're fighting saber toothed cats. Another creature for rocky terrain could be the quetze if you have the time to track down and take those.
Otherwise I'd suggest sticking to the shore and keeping carbonemy turtles and trikes in a massive herd. The only thing that will really mess your herd up there is a titan. My herd kills alpha carnos and raptors. Before they got wiped out by a titan they probably could have taken out a alpha rex too. They've taken out alpha meg's with just my turtles alone.
>>
>>799858
What is your suggestion for when somebody drops down on a Mana and slaughters your entire herd in a matter of minutes?
>>
The fact that the Sarco got a tlc update and is still completely incapable of damaging small creatures while unmounted because they will stand inside its head behind the tiny mouth hurtbox is pathetic
>>
>>799866
Sarcos are primarily for deap sea group adventures from what I've seen. They can also be used as a raft which can be handy if you and your tribe are leading land tames into water to shoot them and keep them aggro as they drown to death at the waters surface.

>>799862
Trap and knock it out. Then kill it.
>>
On PVE an ocean dweller really only can offer meat, spoiled meat, oil, and leather to other players. That and trophies like basil blubber, meg stuff, and squid trophies.
Oh, and jellyfish toxin angler gel, absorbant substrate, chitin and bile.
Wood, stone, flint, fiber, and thatch are incredibly rare. If you're a noob looking to trade who has only basic beach stuff look for a captain Nemo sultan of the sea to be your friend in commerce.
>>
https://youtu.be/iIGf_tTIOGs

You could do something like this with a couple tribe mates, a sarco, and enough bows and arrows.
>>
>>799884
Why would I trade for anything other than rare BPs or dinos? I can get resources myself.
>>
>>799905
The ocean is a more fun place to spend time than the forests and mountains. You could be exploring the ocean for deep sea loot crates instead of slaving away at a lumber yard.
>>
>>799910
>The ocean is a more fun place to spend time than the forests and mountains
In theory.
In reality it's nothing but blue rocks and there's only 6 total creatures with 70% of them being megs.
>>
>>799914
https://youtu.be/Nf9PI0Y_wJs

You can't go jellyfish hunting on a mountain though.
>>
>>799936
Jellyfish don't fight back, why would you care about hunting them? You need Narcoberries to make the darts to even use biotoxin anyway
>>
Seeds are the best food in ARK. They never spoil, and eating 100 of them gives 100 food points.
>>
If you build on the beach be sure to build a ocean platform close by. A enemy tribe can build a ocean platform by beach structures causing you to be able to place items on your existing structures. This is really only a problem on PVE.
>>
If you build on the beach prepare to be wiped within days.
>>
Building on PvE makes it a lot harder to be wiped since it's not supposed to be PvP.
>>
Pictured: a PVE player
>>
ARK is 99% PvE and being AFK
>>
Just because you spend all of your time walking back and forth across a beach with 40 trikes and turtles following you doesn't mean that's the whole game.
>>
Beats working a egg farm. Do you have any idea how fustrating it is taming 30 turtles, and then picking up eggs from them for 12 hours just to get your ass kicked and robbed while you're exhausted and your structures c4 just to rinse and repeat the next day?
People usually don't want to trade on pvp. They just take what you got. It's like trading except you get beat up.
>>
Have you tried not raising 40 turtles
Or hiding them in a base instead of leaving them on the beach
>>
They were in a base. That's the only reason I was able to pick up again the next day.
The robber would climb over the base and fall on the roof, and then start blasting with the c4 until my turtles would attack him, and I'd start shooting his rock Drake. Lost a lot of turtles and had to do a lot of repairs.
>>
Have you considered building turrets
Or raising something other than turtles to guard your turtles
>>
Turrets are for people who go offline. If you play PvP you might as well always be online.
>>
So you're saying you're choosing to play the game wrong then complaining about it?
>>
At least I don't fall asleep and let the enemy have their way with my base when I'm sleeping when I choose to play PvP. They may take my stuff, but even if it's only with my fists on my crafter character they will have to face me. Can you say the same sleepyhead?
>>
>I don't fall asleep and let the enemy have their way with my base
Sounds like you do, considering you don't build turrets
>>
You'd be surprised how easily offline raiders spook.
>>
So do you have any actual genuine reason for not building turrets beyond ancient skyrim memes
Just think of your poor defenseless turtles!
>>
Do you have any reason for going offline after taming a bunch of stuff? Think of your poor defenseless what was it you tamed again? A dodo?
>>
I need to know what tragic turret related incident made you swear off using turrets and run off to Babyland pve so you wouldn't have to build them
>>
I held a server for year exterminating all opposition, and none were able to contest my claim, so I withdrew without a worthy adversary to remove me from my position, or stake a claim of their own.
>>
Fishing in ARK is under rated.
>>
The rocks around red ob yield a decent amount of metal and flint if you're just starting a new game on the island.
>>
https://youtu.be/EKeFOE0FsFg

The turtle is a greatly overlooked tame in ARK.
>>
The game would be infinitely better without temperature doing damage to you
>>
https://clips.twitch.tv/BlazingFantasticMartenPJSalt-3U8sGGS8wTsxzbnf

Trying to tell you dude. Living on the beach with your turtle friends on PvE is the apex of what the game has to offer.
>>
Do concious dinos lose torpor when they're not rendered?
>>
Urendered dinos can despawn. If you have a trapped dino it's best to keep a player close to them to keep them from despawning.
>>
That's not what I asked
>>
ARK is sort of like Morrowind where unseen dice rolls can cause strange things to happen.
>>
Do you have a xbox? I can help you get set up on a PvE server if you like.
>>
Wooden spike walls are one of the easiest ways to burn excess hide.
>>
The beach is one of the best places to find a therizino on the island. As well as a iguanadon. The iguanadon is better for keeping handy as a trading chip for any players going to abberation or Ragnarok where they can be a more rare tame.
>>
Daeodons are absurdly good caving mounts for how easy they are to tame and I am convinced the only reason nobody uses them is because they're ugly.
>>
The consistency with which you will be trapped inside of a raptor and unable to move astounds me.
>>
>posters: 2
this is why ark threads always die. There is only 1-3 people posting in them.
>>
https://www.twitch.tv/rebelearthsky/v/1696002471?sr=a&t=165s

red ob...home
>>
One article of flak and one article of chitin equipped at the same time is all it takes to not get pinned down by a raptor. If you have a high enough movement speed you can outrun the raptor after the initial attack. A84
>>
Daedons eat a absurd amount of food, and people do use them. You just haven't found the tribes who do. Used to be I was a part of a tribe who would breed and trade daedons as a staple of their commercial activity.
When it comes to cave mounts used to be the sabercat was recommended because it has a hidden ability to be effective against flyers.
For some reason that is always overlooked. Probably because after the flyer speed nerf outside of the managmar not many people have an interest in flyers. Also with tek available most PvP is done without the use of a bird while in the air. At least over on PS4 where last I watched a YouTube video of pvp there those PS4 players were really rumbling.
It takes a certain level of muscle memory to be able to block with shield, spam stimulant, medical brew, switch to a hola net and then kill someone with a flame thrower in less than 20 seconds.
>>
https://youtu.be/7-PwPDpoTRs

Looks like Xbox had a lot of pvp on Tek instead of bird too.
>>
>>800613
sabercat was recommended because it has a hidden ability to be effective against flyers.
Bullshit, their hurt box is so tiny and low to the ground they can barely touch Onyc
>>
Ticklechicken
>>
File: 1636128740668.jpg (21 KB, 344x342)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
I always get the urge to play, but I don't even want to remotely deal with the PvP and the PvE servers are usually too autistic for my liking.

Plus the one or two friends I can coerce to play usually drop it after the first night or two.
shame because I have owned it since release and have barely seen any of the bosses or DLC stuff
>>
I step onto ragnarok, armed with a bred and imprinted daeodon to raise a wyvern because doing it that way seemed easier than knocking one out for milk
>>
Harvesting thatch with a stone pick is therapeutic.
>>
Fjordur feels like it was made with the intention of established characters to transfer too and fight over cool shit rather than be an actual good map experience. The entire map is nothing but sheer cliffs and mountains, and it may as well be covered in poisonous fog for how god damn cold the entire map is.
>>
LET ME BREED BASILISKS AND KARKINOS YOU COWARDS
>>
It's not much, but it's mine.
>>
I have a Daeodon
I have a wyvern egg
All that remains is a cryopod
>>
Excess wood can be crafted into spears for dive fishing.
>>
>>800862
So play single player/set up your own server and mod it exactly the way you want it to be. Such freedom.
>>
>>801668
Or you could burn it to make bullets like everyone else
>>
>>799830
I have over 400 days on this dogshit game. It was my actual job during high school.
>>
>>801743
Thank god all thats left now is clueless beach bob faggots
>>
>>801747
Where? Where are the bobs? I never see bobs, I only see people in Meks and Manas crying about wyverns and yelling for suit pvp
>>
>Lightning Wyverns do 3000% of melee damage if all their breath connects with absurd range and also do torpor damage
>Fire Wyvern's damage over time is capped at 75 per tick
Seems balanced to me
>>
>>801752
Fire damage can play a role in negating health regeneration, and many predator species take bonus damage from fire.
>>
>>801777
What is regenerating more than 18,000 hp per second with natural regeneration?
>>
Wyverns cannot wear a saddle, and 8 shots from a MasterCraft shotgun will down one.
>>
Bloodstalkers and griffins also can't wear a saddle and they seem to do just fine
>>
This thred has motivated me to play my ark single player world that i havent played in like 2 years and have played ovee the years and poured hundreds of hours into. Its a default rate world and im on the island and im still not any close to the boss
>>
>>802210
Savor these moments. Pve is only fun until you get a good high level mount, then nothing on the island can even touch you, then its just days upon days of waiting to breed mutant boss dinos
>>
>>802213
and by dinos I mean Rexes, specifically Rexes and rexes only if you intend on fighting anything above gamma
>>
Spear fishing on the beach by red ob is fun.
>>
playing survival of the fittest. iT FUCKING SUCKS
>>
>>802257
okay maybe it doesnt suck but my game looks like shit and i havent played ark in years so i fail at even doing basic things like fucking unequipping something
>>
Killing a titanosaur is possible with a ballista.
>>
Crafted recipes is one of the best ways to keep from starving.
>>
File: eggu.png (2.18 MB, 1920x1080)
2.18 MB
2.18 MB PNG
Hopefully it won't be disgusting christmas colors that I'll have to painstakingly breed out.
>>
https://clips.twitch.tv/PoorBombasticScallionResidentSleeper-usbnhGlYxiy-g1FI

Don't know why, but I keep this iguanadon high.
>>
>>802270
He's lonely :(
>>
https://clips.twitch.tv/TameNaiveDugongFutureMan-pHrkDiOIo12QGnZD

Playing on PVE crossplay 839 if you want to join in on the lag festival and disconnect while swimming.
>>
>>802269
IT FUCKING DISAPPEARED
THE EGG HATCHED
AND THERE WAS NOTHING THERE
THERE WASN'T EVEN A DEATH NOTIFICATION WHICH WOULD HAVE HAPPENED IF IT FELL INTO THE LAVA UNDER THE MAP
THIS IS THE WORST FUCKING VIDEO GAME I HAVE EVER FUCKING PLAYED
AND IVE PUT 1600 HOURS INTO FOR HONOR
IF THIS HAPPENS AGAIN I AM NEVER TOUCHING THIS FUCKING GAME AGAIN
I PREPPED FOR THIS FOR LITERAL DAYS
>>
Should have stuck with raising turtles.
>>
I forgot to post an image before shutting off my PC but the second one didn't miscarry and I am now the owner of my first healthy wyvern babby8vrwt
>>
>>802288
Literally just spawn one in using console commands, it's not cheating if it's fixing wildcard's retardation
>>
I want to join PVE and grief
>>
Be sure to have meat ready for the wyvern when it matures. A lot of Webern owners raise a wyvern to full maturity, but forget to calculate hunger post maturity.
>>
>>802343
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zThfMMNOICg
Anyone know better ways to grief pve other than drowning?
>>
https://clips.twitch.tv/StrongBlueRingNinjaGrumpy-GzJm-NzioBttJx_4

mistakes were made
>>
File: screnshot.png (31 KB, 1284x227)
31 KB
31 KB PNG
>>802351
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVk6SWxv3EI
>>
I like to have a variety of paints.
>>
Jesus christ lightning wyverns are ugly
>>
In my session for today, my poison wyvern matured by about 2%. This means I will have a functional mount to get high level wyvern eggs in about 50 days!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUqrRNjH08M
>>
Stop taming wyverns. Tame a mosa instead. The mosa is way cooler than any wyvern.
>>
Compost bins>dung beetle
>>
Mosas are pointless ocean filler trash and their platform saddles are shit too cause of their constant movement
*cnidarias u gently*
Heh, nice apex predator kid
>>
The mosa is just unloved. Not a bad tame. Just underappreciated is all.
>>
Megalodons are better than mosas and that's pathetic. They even also have tek saddles.
I was going to call Mosas the Carnos of the sea, but even Carnos have a viable niche as dps attack dogs with their percent health bleed (even though the thyla outperforms them in every possible aspect)
>>
Are Mantises untamable on Ragnarok without transferring items from a different server?
I miss my mantis, she was a hard worker
>>
My daeodon was killed
My wyverns are going to starve
I have nothing else worth continuing for
I can finally stop playing.
Thank God.
>>
>>799830
Velonasaurs are the only viable base defense dinos because they can't be kited
>>
>>804165
Build a smaller more chambered base. I had about 50 turtles in a tiny base you could hardly get around in. The second people started throwing things in the base or climbing in themselves the turtles tore them to shreds. Chamber your base and take up less room for escape.
>>
>>804176
The more you tell stories about when you played pvp the less I believe you ever have
>>
Apparently follow on aggressive is just broken. After killing one creature they'll just stop moving and their ai completely breaks.
>>
managed to recover my 5+ year old ark save after i deleted it in a fit of rage. Took me only a few days.
>>
File: blue eyed beauty.jpg (38 KB, 333x330)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>uninstalled the game so now my settings are gone forever
>hours and hours of tweaking all gone
>>
>>804304
Ride them and un-ride them. FIxes that issue most every time. Could take a couple tries. I was new once too don't worry.
>>
>>804745
Kind of defeats the purpose of having guard sharks when you have to go pet them every time they kill anything, no?
>>
>>804753
Kind of defeats the purpose of playing ARK to be offline. No?
>>
File: finally.png (160 KB, 863x470)
160 KB
160 KB PNG
>>804396
Finally. Now i finally managed to recover my ark settings. You see i actually had them saved as photos. But i deleted everything because i was enraged. I tried so many different file recovery programs. None worked. And i think i accidentally overwrote some of the images but thankfully there was 2 different "archived folders?" because i kept them in a folder. But anyways. After a long fucking time of hours and hours,sketchy programs and probably malware i finally got it back. The retarded part is that i got it back by using the most recommended file recovery program UFS explorer. I dont know what happened in the start of my search to obtain the photos but i remember i already tried it out before.
I thought it didnt work this time aswell but when i clicked the photos i saw them. But when i tried downloading them it said i needed a license. I thought it was over. It was all gone now because im poor.
Nope. These motherfuckers are retarded.They let you view the image but you cant download it. Have these motherfuckers never heard of screenshots? Well now i finally have my settings back, thank god.
>>
>>804396
nevermind. Its corrupted. Well might aswell start over. I want to try fighting a boss sometime...
>>
>>805135
Boss fights and tek are overrated, and killed the game. Find a friend and have jousting tournaments with thatch as a prize.
>>
>No, you can't play pvp
>OK, I'll play pve, I want to fight a boss
>No, you can't fight bosses
>>
I predict the strength of the dodo will rise on the 2023 ARK market.
>>
Got a male Shark with 42 melee
Shocking how inneffective regular raw meat is for them. Sure they're worth taming now, but these values were put in back before their buffs when they were worthless. It's no wonder nobody ever gave a shit about the ocean so they never actually made it good.
>>
For all its useless bell and whistle features you'd think smart breeder would have the sense to treat lower food oxygen and speed values as better.
>>
I really wish Ark was a better game
>>
>>805518
I'm unironically so excited for Palworld
>>
File: baby shark.png (1.13 MB, 1231x899)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB PNG
My very first shark has a mutation!
It's just weight, but it's my first mutation ever! it's even a good color instead of neon pink or green!
>>
Anyone want to team up and play survival of the fittest?
>>
The thing that makes the mosa special is you can put a platform saddle on it.
>>
>>806473
Who the fuck cares
>>
I was going to leave my rag server to build on Fjordur but after finding a giant metal base out in the open with 0 turrets, passive dinos sitting out front, no turrets or plants, 2 signs saying "Please don't raid me peace!", and a second completely metal box with Argentavis named "Arcangel" and "Argentravis Scott" I have concluded my server is so fucking dead that a literal child is able to build unimpeded, making it the de facto perfect spot to build my main base

The only problem is Rag is fucking boring and there's no cool spots
>>
>find low level giga in a safe area
>never tamed a giga
>want a giga
>field nearby full of ovis and no predators
>build trap for 350 metal
>realize one of the triangle roofs is reversed despite the green being correct when it was placed
>Too late to pick it up
>go all the way home
>make another
>bring it to trap
>I actually built a metal CIELING, which looks exactly the same in the menu
>surely this will be fine, there's still structure there and if it gets out of the trap I will simply make another because I will be dead and in base
>dododex says it needs 155 tranqs
>make 163
>lure it into trap
>it kills me
>return to the trap
>it has not moved at all, clearly trapped
>retrieve things
>start tranqing it
>it runs around in a circle, seemingly escaping before popping back into the middle
>it runs against the ceiling that isn't a roof
>the natural rock next to it keeps it in the trap
>it is clearly trapped
>continue tranqing
>get to around 10 arrows left
>I have nearly exceeded the 155 dododex said to use
>giga starts fleeing
>instantly runs out of the trap
>continue tranqing
>I have run out of arrows
>it is still not asleep
>,hastily craft some more tranqs with the leftover arrow materials in my inventory
>still shooting giga
>it is still not asleep
>no trees nearby because it's a mountain
>run up to start punching the giga
>freeze to death because this game literally drains your health at all times just for existing
>run back to trap furiously checking taming log to see if the dot tets it
>never does
>giga has disappeared
Thanks ark
Thanks dododex
>>
https://youtu.be/RiiIqPYEcEA

Stop playing by yourself.
>>
I wish this game didnt require wiki for most things.
>>
Just learn everything by heart.
>>
>>799830
Playing online and my stone dino gate keeps getting blown up. Sad really since I'm only in the metal age. Not much to steal. Did manage to tame a sarco though, fun to ride through the ocean on.
>>
>>810187
Dino Gates are effectively giant signs that scream "Raid me! I don't know what I'm doing!"
>>
>>810195
Cool "advice" faggot
>>
>>810199
If I see a retard with stone dino gates it tells me he has more resources than the guy in the thatch hut and doesn't even know how to make cryo pods. Since you obviously don't have any turrets I can spend practically 0 resources destroying your gate because they're weak as fuck and then I can walk in and instakill all of your low level dinos that I know you have because you told me with the gate.
>>
>>810265
To what benefit?
>>
>>810299
Fun
>>
>>810357
K have fun with me logging off permanently lol
>>
>>810384
One less contender to my domination
>>
>>810187
You are not supposed to play this game online. You are supposed to play either single player or a server that you host yourself with friends(if you have them)
>>
You want to know how to reset your stats? Just make this super complicated recipe that doesnt have a recipe drop ingame bro. Same with veggie cake recipe. Why in the fuck do i need a wiki to know how to make them?
>>
>>810636
The magic of discovery and exploration
>>
hey there carchabros and lmao what a dead thread
reminder that wc asspulled a new creature submission vote out of nowhere and you should vote for anything other than (yet another) gay fantasy beetle, preferably the bison or the gorgon

>>799853
>Today I used my turtles and trikes to fight a titanosaur
what
>Next time I need to knock out the beast before attempting to slay it.
a bit late I trust you were not talking about shooting it with tranq darts, right?
>>
You know what I want out of the vote? I want a herbivore that doesn't handle like a freight train. Give me the herbivore equivalent of the Baryonyx, a nimble herbivore that can fight and gather berries, or do caves. Your quality of life is so massively improved when you tame herbivores compared to carnivores, but they're all either ungodly slow (trikes, stegos) or can't fight for shit (equus, parasaur, iguanodon)
>>
>>812075
>t. never tamed a Therizino
>>
>>812284
>huge investment
>big and unwieldy
>can't do caves
>Can't use items on saddle
>>
>>812440
Also >can't jump
>>
How the hell did Crystal Isles become an official map?
>>
>spend 8 minutes running to corpse
>die in less than a second to predators camping the corpse
>Repeat
>Forever
I wonder how many hours of my life I've wasted doing this
>>
Stamina regenerating slower based on how low your hp is has to genuinely be one of the stupidest mechanics I've ever seen put into a video game
You can't even argue MUH SURVUCSL GAEN!!!11!1! ITZ REALISTICC11!!1!1!+ Because FUCKING ADRENALINE EXISTS
>>
>>812722
>what is a stamina brew
>>812075
Ever give the kangaroo a shot?
>>
Tribes ruined this game.
>>
Hyenadons would piss me off less if they were actually just genuinely impossible to tame like Troodons, but the fact that you can just walk up to any of them at any time and waste 10-20 minutes getting it up to 30 or 70% just for the game to remind you THEN "actually hyenadons are untameable sorry" is so fucking infuriating
Even a LEVEL ONE takes THIRTY PETS over FIFTEEN MINUTES
>>
>>812440
could've just said you never tamed one
yep, never tamed one
>>814560
ever tried to trap them? they don't flee inside a good trap. Not much you can do about the time spent other than feeding
them elixirs or having high rates, but at least the time doesn't scale as high as other dinos, a 150 takes only 10 minutes more than a level 1 at 1x
>>
Is there any point to breeding Stegos for soaking over Gasbags?
>>
>>816474
You can shoot, and plant c4 from the back of a stego. Can your gas bag say the same imperial?
>>
I SPENT ALL FUCKING DAY YESTERDAY HATCHING THIS FUCKING THING
IT FUCKING STARVES
A FUCKING ******MINUTE AND A HALF***** BEFORE I OPENED THE GAME
>>
I lost my Rex to Shadowmanes and lost my anky to the game crashing at every loading screen for 40 minutes
>>
>run toward my corpse with the egg
>drakes attack the moment they see me
>run away from the corpse into the cave
>drakes take 30 seconds to aggro onto me and I'm dead by the time they start chasing
>then they walk right back next to the nest
>>
You like Rexes because you think they're the king of the dinosaurs
I like Rexes because they're big stupid puppy dogs that want to play with everything
We are not the same
>>
Are the retarded Arthropluera that never move unless aggro'd and won't attack you in ghillie only on The Island?
>>
>tame a ptera
>seagulls are no longer a problem
I love this game.
>>
I GOT A DOUBLE MUTATION
ON ***WEIGHT*** AND ********SPEED*******
>>
>Playing on server where every single cave is completely spammed by the same 123 tribe
>server is completely dead, assume they've either abandoned it or are off fighting endless wars in the alpha spots
>killed by chinese 123 guy on a level 500 shadowmane today
These people literally waste their time patrolling a dead server that nobody plays on just to instakill bobs that can't build any significant bases anyway
I really fucking hope I open the game and I'm completely wiped tomorrow because I'm just tired of pushing a rope against the tide.
>>
>>818515
Play on PvE, or cause troubles for your enemies from a turret raft.
>>
https://youtu.be/_fPfMGI3fjY

You don't always have to be the one getting pushed.
>>
>>818968
A turret raft is even easier prey for a megatribe than a cave
If I'm not wiped I'm just going to hatch my rock drake and jump servers
>>
https://youtu.be/vReLMjMFvWQ

New video just dropped. Watch mobile ARK players survive. Perhaps you will learn something PC player?
>>
File: 1673127174512658.png (367 KB, 624x456)
367 KB
367 KB PNG
>>812046
https://app.rankedvote.co/elections/29551/ARK-Creature-Vote/30827/vote
and now the actual creature voting
your top votes should include bison and gorgon, with maybe Razana and hatz right below, while your bottom ones SHOULD be the beetle and the two cats (you sure don't want yet ANOTHER cat in this game, right?)
>but big bug
if you want a big bug then vote on the better one, the mary sue Rhyniognatha, instead of botwork beetle
hope they don't pull another desmodus jack of all trades bs design this time
>>
>>820883
>hope they don't pull another desmodus jack of all trades bs design this time
At least the desmo has actual uses. The charchar is the most pathetic excuse for an attempt at a "pvp focused dino" I've ever fucking seen. Slapping so many random effects on one dino that have nothing to do with each other and they're ALL useless except for a tail knock back that Reapers have had for 5 years.
>>
>Rhynio
Fucking snore. It's a fast quetzal. All pve players ever want is a fast flier that can carry a lot of shit. It's why they all fist themselves over argentavis.

>Bison
Why the hell do so many people want this? It's a Rhino with some extra utilities slapped on that are already covered by other dinos. And do people seriously think wildcard would be able to program their "raid" mechanic and NOT have it be retarded? You'd need to have the things permanently cryo'd.

>Acinonyx
THIS made it to the final vote?? How?? It's literally just "uhhh it runs fast".
Even the post itself says that it's literally just a Galli that can fight, bur rhen goes on to say that it's stupid fragile and ergo not good at fighting. What the fuck.

>Razana
It's a quadro-stance spino with a slow on its bite. It's still horrifically boring, but this is the second most useful one so far.

>Lion
Wow, who would have thought we'd have gone this long without encountering another creature with MORE THAN ONE FUCKING BUTTON TO PRESS. It has nice thematic gameplay in theory, bur its all based around pve, which no matter how much you try to spice it up will always devolve into walking backwards and spamming left click. A thylacoleo sized pack animal is also a recipe for disaster. Still, somehow the regular-ass lion is the least boring submission somehow.

>Bastion Beetle
Jesus fucking Christian ANOTHER flier that carries shit. Automatically the most pvp relevant by virtue of just giving the creature a gun. Personally I'm surprised Andrewsarchus never caught on, but maybe their turret does less damage than I remember.

>Nothasaurus
MORE FUCKING WEIGHT REDUCTION
I really hate to say it but an addition this fucking pointless is actually my personal favourite so far because I would very much like a viable mid sized mount or guard dog and the incidental fact that they happened to give this creature a bleed would automatically put it in the running as a dps creature.
>>
>Myotragus
W E I G H T R E D U C T I O N
I don't understand, this is literally all pvefags care about. I saw a bleed, I thought, holy shit, my small nimble carnivore that can jump and fight, but NO. ITS A FUCKING MEGALOCEROS SLOWING BLEED. ITS NOT FOR FIGHTING, ITS FOR """""EXPLORING""""
GOD FUCKING DAMNIT

>Gorgonopsid
It's so fucking mid. Sure it's abilities are cute on paper, but nobody's going to actually use this. The spyglass exists.
Everyone's so fucking scared of making their creatures powerful enough to be viable. They know Managarmrs exist, right?

>hatzegopteryx
It's literally an argie with a gun. You can't even use the gun solo. THE QUETZAL IS ALREADY IN THE GAME. THIS HAS 43 VOTES, WHY IS IT IN THE FINAL RUNNING?
>>
Tl;Dr, every single creature is fucking awful, just make Ark Additions an official part of the game and give them the money to make the Nyctoraptor.
>>
>>820930
>>820941
I agree with most of what you said, but remember that wc will definitely only pick the species and give an entirety different kit from the what was asked in the submissions. no way they're giving all that bloat from rhynio submission lel
Dinopithecus for one didn't get to use guns, and carcha isn't bland like its original design either
I'll just root for bison because we're lacking bovines
>>
>>820956
In that case I will vote for the goat on the chance that it gets a thyla bleed, the notha and the razana

I genuinely want more fantasy creatures though. If I was a neet or child with enough time to come up with something in a single week I'd have suggested a pyroraptor that actually breathes fire. (With percent health damage)
>>
>Youtubers using bug repellant
>so just walk up and feed it and bam you have an arthropluera, super easy too bad it's useless haha
>me using bug repellant
>arthro aggros as soon as you get close enough to press E on it
Fuck this I'm just going to tame the retard arthroscopic on The Island
>>
Is there seriously no possible way to invite your own alt characters to the same tribe?
How the fuck am I supposed to schizo roleplay and be different characters?
>>
I just ate a berry seed. We're all gonna make it.
>>
Fliers should never have been able to pick things up and the Giga should have never been released.
>>
>Lose my mount because there was 0.001 seconds left on cryo sickness
>lose my mount because I didn't see the single aberrant raptor in the giant pack of enemies
very epic
>>
Got my first ever 223 level 150 perfect tame today and she is the most mid creature I've ever seen. Oxygen her highest stat and nothing at 40.
Only ELEVEN in Speed at 223 and still manages to make it unimpressive.
>>
>>822563
you know wild speed levels don't apply and are wasted points, right?
unless you're in a server with mods, that is
>>
>>822838
yes retardbro
She only wasted 11 points out of 223 and the stats are still that bad, that was the point
>>
Ravager AI has been broken for months
>>
>>822852
I brainfarted
>>
OKAY I ADMIT IT
I FUCKING HATE FJORDUR
ITS AN AWFUL MAP AND I HATE THAT IT HAS THE MOST CREATURES AND THE PRETTIEST LOCATIONS

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.