[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Hey boomers, Why is Valorant significantly more popular than CSGO?
>>
>>793139
Valorant has hot lesbians
>>
>>793139
CSGO is for fat weirdos
Valorant is for fat weirdos and also women
>>
>>793139
Because marketing. I always go back to CSGO.
>>
>watched
just how bad is your life if you are watching chinese kids play f2p games
>>
>>793167
>kJ
>raze
>hot
more like disgusting faggots
>>
>>793139
what kind of creature would unironically watch Tarkov?
>>
>>794223
Cope tranny
>>
File: valorant.png (1.1 MB, 1280x720)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB PNG
>>793139
>Why is Valorant significantly more popular than CSGO?
>>
>>793167
>this is what homosexuals actually believe
>>
>>793139
It has boobies unlike CSGO, and a massive marketing campaign. It's all artificially propped up by Riot/Tencent money.
>>
>>793139
>csgo
>boomer
fuck off to /v/ nigger retard

>>794226
what kind of creature would unironically watch others play videogames instead of doing it themselves? hmmm...
>>
all the basic UX stuff is easier

Consider smokes. CSGO - all smokes require research+lineups+practice, jump timings require macros. Valorant - click on a map

Consider economy info. CSGO - you need to know all guns your enemy bought last 3 rounds, then do mental math. Valorant - you press tab

also, zoomer marketing
>>
>>793139
it's an edating website and valve dosen't shill as much.
>>
>>794659
>>794661
>>794825
>>794609
>>794601
>>794374
>>794223
>>793856
>twice as popular as csgo
>still all of this cope
at what point do you just accept that csgo is a DEAD GAME
>>
File: deadgame.png (63 KB, 706x624)
63 KB
63 KB PNG
CSGO kind of is a millennial/boomer game. Its aesthetics are tacticool. It has roots in a series that started in the 90s. Its a game that appeals to them.

Valorant is aimed at the post 2010's gaming crowd (which is when gaming went mainstream). So they're probably going to have a wider audience to tap into. Along with what others have already said. Its aesthetics are that western cartoon look. You know how a lot of weeb games sorta have a similar aesthetic/look? Not exactly the same, but a lot of them look very similar. Valorant is like that, but for a western inspired cartoon look. LoL, valorant, fortnite, overwatch, etc. They all sorta have that western cartoon look. Valorant also combined that with social media. Quite a few of the characters have this "social media influencer" look. The most extreme example is killjoy. Since most kinds grew up idolizing these personality archetypes, it appeals to them more.

The final issue with this post is that this is based off of "twitch views". Twitch leans heavily into the zoomer crowd. Boomers and millennials are a much smaller audience for twitch. They're still there, but much smaller. Valorant doesn't really release their population statistics. They too scared. If you look at stats like activeplayer, it shows CSGO is more popular. Just that valorant has it beat on twitch. So this entire discussion is basically pointless because nobody can prove how popular valorant is.

But none of this really matters. OP is just a kid. Probably under 20. Looking to validate their beliefs.
>>
>>795259
>Valorant is like that, but for a western inspired cartoon look
for some reason, valorant art style makes it look like a cheap copy of csgo, at least in my eyes
>>
>>795368
because youre old
>>
>>793139
Tencent marketing

>>795368
valorant uses that cheap low effort texture that riot is known for, riot is also known for making cheap knockoffs of popular games and having tencent market the fuck out of it
>>
>>793139
why are they all super low time to kill
or super sponge shit like overwatch
>>
is it worth trying if i'd play solo 99.9% of the time
>>
>>793139
its the streamers, if i were to guess, but notice how cs go still peaks significantly higher than valorant, i'd say theres a shitton of hours watched on val, but much less viewer engagement, and alot of people just have it in the background, as where in cs, the people actually watch the thing, because when they watch, its exciting pro matches
>>
>>796932
Most people play solo
>>
File: 1662233027461.jpg (167 KB, 554x722)
167 KB
167 KB JPG
>>793139
magogbros we got too cocky
>>
>>794223
You're crazy if you would not destroy KJs coochie at the first chance she gives you
>>
>>797253
she's fucking revolting
>>
>>795259
/thread
Riot won't publish game stats or even implement a replay system. Its an absolute joke
>>
>>793139
Because you can actually see the enemies in Valo
>>
>>797316
We know you prefer bussy
>>
>>797332
wut???
>>
>>793139
CS:GO is abandoned and Valorant has Chinese bug-money behind it
>>
>>793167
fpbp
>>
>>797576
If you have shit taste, the characters are designed to not be too attractive
>>
>>797578
Better looking than overtrash

The real reason is that 1.6 didn’t get popular off of streamers and content creators in the first place and valorant did

Who cares
>>
>>793139
>Believing stream numbers for chinese games
lol, lmao even
>>
>>797586
I hate Overwatch way more than valorant but Blizzard isn't afraid to have sexy characters. All Valorant females are intentionally ugly. Overwatch made prime sex objects
end the cope
>>
>>797605
Overwatch bitches are all ugly except for d.va
>>
>>797628
All Valorant bitches are hideous, and intentionally designed that way. Makes it easier for the transexual audience to get immersed
>>
>>795079
CSGO has 1mil players daily dumbfag
>>
File: 1124674237098.jpg (64 KB, 1029x772)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
/co/ tourist here
Is this board usually this full of bait munching morons
I thought my board was bad
>>
>>797653
Neon is a miracle of the universe
>>
I’ve been playing cs since 1.5 when I was a kid and this is a huge part for me >>794661

It’s just easier to focus on the fun part of the game. Everything from queuing up for a game, to the buy menu in valorant is better. I was indifferent to the cartoonish graphics but right now I like how much easier it is to just see things in general. Also it feels for me like shots actually register better in valorant and are more satisfying. Maybe the higher sever tick rate? I’ve hear people say the opposite but that’s I how feel.

Also, cs feels dead. I join servers and it’s all bots. If there are people, it’s Mexican, weird foreigners or just boomers that think they are cool. In valorant I can always get games quickly with real people. People are pretty chill in general, obviously there’s some overlap in the people and there are some annoying kids though.
>>
>>798076
shut up
>>
File: FCksAHMXoAIBPnt.jfif.jpg (227 KB, 633x842)
227 KB
227 KB JPG
VALARANTE CHILD GAME
LOOK TO CARTOON GRAPFIX TO MAKE KID PLAYER HAPPY LIKE CHILDREN SHOW
VALARANTE CARTOON WORLD WITH RAINBOW UNLIKE COUNTER STRIKE WITH DARK CORRIDORR AND RAELISTIC GUN
VALARANTE LIKE PLAYHOUSE
VALARANT PLAYOR RUN FROM CSGO FEAR OF DARK WORLD AND REALISM
>>
>>798092
shut up
>>
>>798092
dont worry, they will all train us for world war 3. People who played Valorant will be sent in first as cannon fodder
>>
>>798120
thank god i'm not a duelist player so i wont be on the front lines
>>
>>793139
Is apex any good?
>>
>>798123
official troon character
>>
>>798127
which one
>>
>>793139
new thing syndrome. it's popular amongst streamers so therefore popular amongst the fans of those streamers.
give it another 6 months to a year before next product is ready to be consoomed
>>
>>794226
The type of person that watches other people play video games in the first place?
>>
>>798155
Just two more weeks bro
>>
In CS you have to learn 2 different sets of grenade throws depending on tickrate. Garbage fucking game lmao

The fact that CScucks let Valve treat them like that speaks a lot about both their intelligence and self-worth.
>>
>>798212
>lmao
why do all newfags type like insecure transexuals?
>>
>>793139
My son is 9 an he is way more interested in CSGO, I think he likes the realism with it where valorant is too cartoonish. He still plays Fortnite but yeah maybe CS appears to be more an adult cool game to him
>>
>>793139
Why? Dont know.
Don't care as long csgo is alive. And it is.
>>
>>797685
Nah man co is about dead hobby, vm is about a dying hobby. Fires still burn here.
>>
>>798434
you can't even form a coherent argument about your game's dogshit infrastructure

truly the stupidity befitting one that continues clinging on to outdated trash

>>798627
it isn't
>>
>>798994
I've don't play Counter Strike and never will, I'm just trying to get to the bottom of why you type like such an insufferable homosexual
>>
>>799138
so am I a transsexual or a homosexual?
make up your bigoted mind kek
>>
>>799143
Literally the same exact thing what are you talking about? I have never in my life heard the word "bigot" uttered IRL, do you get sexual pleasure from typing like a fag?
>>
>>799155
>Literally the same exact thing
Go touch grass
>>
File: Spoiler Image (109 KB, 640x852)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
>>799254
Who are you fooling? Autistic shutins are the only ones gullible enough to troon out
>>
>>799256
doesn't change the fact that trans and homos are two distinct groups of people
>>
>>799257
All "trans" are crossdressing homos, not all homos are transexuals
>>
>>799143
Neonfag detected
>>
>>798994
>it isn't
Define "not alive" then. Currently game has 984k players online which is just slightly less than the amount of cocks your mod serviced. How is this "not"? Are you retarded?
>>
>>793139
it attracts degenerates and fetishists
>>
valorwhat? is that a new for honor clone?
>>
>>799432
True
Source I’m a degenerate fetishist
>>
>>793139
Hey, remember those threads saying valorant is a dead game at launch, and valorant streamers are third grade outsiders? It wasn't that long ago.
>>
>>801546
What has changed? Valorant is for mentally stunted children, botted views and Ewhore streamers dont change this
>>
>>793139
What's the deal with Rust? Didn't seem like it would be that popular.
PS THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF R6
>>
>>801606
Yep, but definitely not a dead game as faggots here said back in 2020 (it's 2023)
>>
>>801908
You have no evidence otherwise until riot shows a live playercount
>>
>>793139
the women. boys in puberty. although they won't admit it. it is what it is.
even CSGO has to go through several "transformation" to succeed in some region.
>>
>>801546
Valorant may as well be a dead game on 4chan. The top 5 games on Twitch yet can't even have enough discussion on /v/ let alone a general. It's all boosted, unorganic garbage.
>>
>>793139
Everyone watches it because no one can play it except Windowsfags. Make a Mac version or throw it on Nvidia GeforceNow.
>>
>>798083
CS always worked in phases. I heard they’ll release a revamp with items ported over and re-released. Apparently it’s going to be on the Half-Life 3 engine.
>>
>>801617
Rust is popping off. The customizability is unmatched. Gun play sucks, but GTA is worse. I think they should have tiered servers by playtime. It’s very unforgiving for new people unless you play modded. But then you always play nodded like an arcade mode and never try vanilla.
>>
>>802185
I did the money glitch and maxed everything out on GTA online way back before heists were even implemented in it. I never touched it since, I never understood how people play that shit
>>
>>793139
>more viewers
>according to a site that doesn't exist
>no information about players
yes I am sure valorant is a more popular viewing experience on twitch, but that doesn't make it a more popular game
>>
>>802219
still bigger than cs ;)
>>
File: What did you expect.png (263 KB, 600x600)
263 KB
263 KB PNG
>>793139
Because this game is a tranny magnet just like siege and destiny 2
>>
>>802201
they play RP servers on fivem, not gta online
>>
valorant will die soon
just two more weeks bro
two more weeks
>>
Is valorant ded yet bros
>>
>watching other people play games
the absolute state of this generation
>>
>goes by twitch
>cant stream csgo without seeing nigger in chat
i wonder why its streamed less
>>
I like to play my games not watch them, guess I'm just a boomer or sth.
>>
both games are infested with cheaters at the pro level (what a surprise)
>>
>>793139
Valorant was made for zoomer masses with an anime art style that children can consume. It also easy to pick up so any child could play like you throw utility by clicking on a map
>>
>>793139
valorant is CS:GAY
same shit but filled with faggotry
it appeals to the faggot generations
>>
This entire thread is "valorante child game"

You guys are pathetic lmaoooooo
>>
>>799370
>playercount = community
lol
>>
I’m bored as fuck of the same csgo maps that I’ve been playing for the past 9 years. There’s hardly anyone pleasant left to play with in solo queue (NA), assuming you even get English speakers. At least half my faceit lobbies are full of Mexicans, Colombians and Peruvians. Shooting also feels better in Valorant.
I don’t see how people think source 2 is supposed to fix any of this since it’s basically just a graphics update + probably stealing more features from Valorant.
CS esports is still fun to watch even though it has none of the soul that the early days up til ~2016 had.
>>
>>793139
csgo is unplayable because of cheaters and bland gameplay because everyone can do everything
valorant has much less cheaters, agents have different abilities that change the gameplay slightly, better 120 tick servers
>>
>>793139
I tried playing CSGO for the first time in years and every game was filled with bots, it's dead.
>>
>>812927
same with fortnite, pubg, fall guys, multiplayer gaming is dead
>>
>>812927
So you have prime? I actually just got it and it seems better. I also realized there are community servers that people use a lot. But yeah, certain times of the day with certain games are just not very crowded. Ranked can always find a game in a few minutes it seems
>>
>>793139
why are valobabbs always talking about the og fps?
>>
>>795259
Best post I've seen about Valorant. CS:GO just has a lot of haters on this site because it's a hard game.
>>
File: 3.png (21 KB, 365x41)
21 KB
21 KB PNG
answered your own question retard
>>
imagine your game being played less than fifa
>>
>>
Twitch viewerbase isn't the same as popularity.
Also, CSGO doesn't do Twitch drops.
>>
>>797658
Only a few years ago it had 1mil players at a time. So did Dota, and TF2 was also far more popular. Valve has lost its fanbase, due to laziness, lack of direction, lack of vision, and an unwillingness to modernize its community features.
>>
File: 1651589376153.png (29 KB, 866x688)
29 KB
29 KB PNG
>>793139
its not
ur a faggot
suck my dick
ur a faggot
>bumped this thread
>>
File: opiniondisgarded.png (812 KB, 800x800)
812 KB
812 KB PNG
>>793139
>using twitch statistics to determine game popularity
>>
File: Too Much Trash.png (132 KB, 518x285)
132 KB
132 KB PNG
>>818144
>>
>>793139
because it's a better game.
t. boomer with 5 digit hours in CS

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.