[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 60 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: OLZ1Wxs.png (2.49 MB, 1920x720)
2.49 MB
2.49 MB PNG
I heard there's some experience booster going on now and most of January. Are you excited, anon? You're excited, right? You'll play?

Some other minor new shit:
Perihelion's charged fire now shows projectiles correctly on remote clients.
Firing a weapon and switching to a repair/healing tool no longer causes a player to be stuck in an infinite firing loop on remote clients.
Fixed an issue where entering/re-entering a vehicle as a MAX suit could hide your ability HUD display.
NS-R3 Swarm variants no longer mention "Flak Detonation" in their descriptions.
Various model and animation cleanup on the NS-11C Frostbite.
Amerish Sky adjustments.
Outfit War statues on Sanctuary now display outfit information once again.
Doubled the amount of Snowman that can be spawned on a continent at once.
Snowmen no longer spawn on locked continents.
Chimera's Avalanche Tire Trails now appear on the middle set of tires.
Removed campaign currencies from the handful of store items that still used them.
Fixed an issue preventing NSO from using faction-based jump pads at the following bases:
Howling Pass (Indar)
Saurva Bio Lab (Indar)
Dahaka Amp Station (Indar)
Zurvan Amp Station (Indar)
Peris Amp Station (Indar)
Freyr Amp Station (Esamir)
Jord Amp Station (Esamir)
Naum Amp Station (Hossin)
Hurakan Amp Station (Hossin)
Ixtab Amp Station (Hossin)
Broken Vale Garrison (Hossin)
>>
>>791080
Is this game any good? Looks old as fuck.
>>
>>791160
>>789810
>>
>>791160
what does how old it looks have to do with anything
>>
>>791080
turbo flash is fun and cloak flash is lame
>>
>>791411
Based and WITNESS ME pilled
>>
>>791080
>You'll play?
I will not complete the christmas directive in time. I am sad that i wont ever get the funny skin, but im also glad to be free from the miserable grind of this game. See you in january!
>>
>VS constantly overpop now
I hate this shit. Go back to NC, or better yet go to fucking TR they need the pop.
>>
>>792069
TR is bad enough I don't need the chinkswarm on it too. Plus theres no lashers or magriders for them to spam here.
>>
>>791160
it looks okay on full graphics, but anyone who's played it longer than a month turns everything down to get better framerates, and bumps the contrast so they can see the vs at night
>>
Hasn't been the same since they killed LoliPatrol lads...
>>
File: jackoff4.webm (2.74 MB, 640x360)
2.74 MB
2.74 MB WEBM
Girls, how are we holding up after that heavy swing?
>>
>>792576
is your aim that bad or are they all warping around?
>>
>>792576
What server are you on with blind planetmans? Playing against VS on miller feels like they always use WH
>>
>>791160
It is actually fairly pretty, but you won't play on highest graphics because frames.
>good
It's one of the fps games I care about, and I normally don't care about fps games. There might be similar games out there, but to me none of the fps games have that tug of war over the bases this game has. That said, it has issues, if let's say one side is too strong and another to weak then that tug is lost and it gets boring.
>>
File: ugq6xht47ly41.png (1.45 MB, 2000x2000)
1.45 MB
1.45 MB PNG
>>792658
memerald after midnight eastern time when all the chinese log in
https://streamable.com/q8aq2d
>>
>>792750
Wait, you're using the cheat notVS camo? That explains a lot
>>
>>793280
only when necessary
>>
>>793485
Is that a recent video because god damn shotguns are so fucking sad now
>>
>>793485
from last night, i maintain a folder of abhorrent "shotgun moments" to eventually put together and make a reddit account to post on the sub so the devs see it and hopefully get around to the "tuning upwards"
>>
>>794030
They're never buffing it again, get used to semi-autos being the "good ones".
>>
>>793819
replied to the wrong post, but as a perma NC player and shotgun enthusiast I find it offensive how badly they mangled already bad weapons because of industry-wide derangement causing people to burst blood vessels when the point blank gun wins point blank

at this point the best semi-auto is the mag scatter and the best pump is the underbarrel, not because they were buffed to be good but because everything else was nerfed to be worse
same thing happened to nc as a faction, everyone else was nerfed more until NC became king then NC got nerfed too
eventually game devs everywhere will have to realized nerfing over and over will only make games less fun right? I would rather seen TR and VS get buffed for the 10th anniversary, it would have been better for the games image too.
>>
>>794032
might as well post these every thread until they are usable again
>>
>>794032
Bro I feel it, i'm on TR and the nighthawk may as well be a sign to other factions that you're a free kill. I'm thinking of just trying slugs out and seeing if those at least have a better TTK now.

I wish i'd grinded out the directive shotgun sooner because apparently that didn't get nerfed so its 800x better than anything out there currently
>>
>>794032
I think that shotgun pistol is still ok
>>
>prime time Emerald
>two unstable warpgates and nothing else
ok.
>>
>>794095
nigga it's nye
>>
>>794095
Don't worry the chinks should be waking up soon to ruin it
>>
>Connery
>>
>>794036
directive shotguns are king, havok especially so
i was at 900 kills on the claw which got gutted so hard its unreal and I might go for the viscount instead since the baron seems to still be usable and I refuse to buy a baron-b or -g
>>
You are never far from your sovereignty assigned cloaker... The eyes of Vanu are upon you, never forget that.
>>
>>794379
I almost exclusively run darklights on my sidearms when available, no other perk is worth being able to exto the eternal infiltrator.
>>
how do i stop staring at female vs asses
>>
>>794867
you don't
>>
>>794867
Aim for the head.
>>
When are they gonna add a fire on uncloak delay?
>>
>>795194
10 years, 10 years of infils and people still say shit like this
>>
>>794867
aim better
>>
>>795207
>retarded idea survive for 10 years
>after 10 years it somehow stops being retarded idea

Infilniggers always come with the most retarded conclusions.prywjk
>>
>2023
>Chimera and Dervish are still SHIT
>>
>>794032
For me it's the skillhawk
*outskills u*
>>
>>795360
Don't expect them to get better. Javelin is still bad too.
>>
So masthead was the most broken anti air weapon ever while pic related was fine and/or actually underpowered? Are those niggers serious? I don't play VS so I assumed they were telling the truth but come the fuck on you need to lead this thing LESS the then fucking masthead and it goes in slot 3.
>>
>>795984
The lancer has always been OP, but only in groups.
A single HA with a lancer isn't going to do much besides tickle a tank.
A squad of lancers is going to instagib tanks outside of render distance every three seconds. But nobody sane uses a lancer for anti-air. It isn't hitscan and tracking fighters is a real bitch.
>>
>>795984
It helps when the fighter is retarded and reduces their transversal velocity to nearly zero.
>>
>>795984
I notice you are aiming. At a slow nearby target. Therefore it is balanced.
>>
>literal China hacker underground killing people in spawn with a turret 500m away
Time to log out.
>>
>>796074
Welcome to the new Emerald, can't wait to see this playerbase dip even harder now until Wrel enforces a minimum ping/IP blocking
>>
>>795300
youve clearly survived longer than 10 years so i guess you would know huh?
>>
>>796118
I told you soltech needed fixes and you didnt listen. I told you the cancer would spread and you didnt listen. Now soltech is dead and all the chinese schitzo hackers have no reason to shit it up, and its your ass getting flying maxed. If we're lucky wrel will implement anticheat based on emerald the same way he balances based on emerald, but you really should have just listened to me in the first place
>>
>>796410
Top 3 anon tips to save China and the game, tell us
>>
>>796569
cobalt bomb the 3 gorges dam, crippling chinas power grid and it irrigating the entire yangtze river
roughly 80% of chinas population depends, there would be noticeable food shortages almost immediately and most of the country would black out, creating immense civil unrest which would exacerbate the widespread radiation poisoning
this would not only save emerald, but connery and likely soltech as well
>>
TOTAL CHINK DEATH
>>
File: 1595225786536.jpg (29 KB, 533x389)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>796584
b-b-b-based
>>
File: file.png (58 KB, 981x237)
58 KB
58 KB PNG
>>796584
In case there is anyone who still thinks there are solutions besides a final solution Emerald has chinese gold sellers in sanctuary now.
>>
>>794379
some things never change
>>
>>792750
Did you get art of your planetman character you little fucking queer
>>
File: yjeohszamxw61.png (1.14 MB, 1422x1471)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB PNG
>>796798
No I just frequently browse the planetside tag on DA and FA
>>
File: nano_cloak_armor.webm (1.73 MB, 854x480)
1.73 MB
1.73 MB WEBM
>>796787
>>
>>796569
Autoban anyone with a kd over 30, bastion and a2gfaggots get the rope too

Measure infantry speed on the y axis. If you go up too fast without bailing from a vehicle, fall immunity from a jump pad or an os going off then the server autokicks you

Just make me game master bro im trustworthy and have good judgement
>>
>>796867
>bastion
lmao
nobody tell him
>>
>>796867
>If you go up too fast without bailing from a vehicle, fall immunity from a jump pad or an os going off then the server autokicks you
if God didn't want us moving that fast he wouldn't have given one of the devs the idea for impulse nades in a dream
>>
>>797019
Ah, a fellow Blood Eagle
>>
how do i signify to others that i don't want to fight and just want peace, hugs and exploration
>>
>>797058
blinking headlights is the universal "I am not your enemy" signal between minecrafters and groundpounders
>>
>>797183
>walk up behind enemy TR engineer and ask for ammo
>he turns around and goes mental spam crouching and moving around madly attempting to kill me
>stand still while he misses a bunch of times then eventually die
>v6 teabag
i got outskilled
>>
>>797193
>get the jump on some heavy guy
>they hit the ctrl spam macro and start chugging medkits while asking for a ride
>i was already aiming torso height so i bean them with 0 effort
i love outskilling people
>>
Vanuiggers get the rope
>>
where my NSO main bros at
What guns you rocking for each class? I've been running my tanto on LA and I've fallen back in love with it again
>>
How do I play this game as infantry solo?
>>
>>799505
Pick fights, don't bother with objectives unless its like a 5v5 or some shit. Circle around the outside of the base as LA and dunk on tanks or infils, blow up sunderers, if theres enough breathing room pull your own suderer and park on the other side of the base to give your own faction a different angle of attack.
>>
>>799521
This may seem like a silly question but how do I take out vehicles as LA?
Like what weapons do I use and how do I approach it?

t. 20 hours in game
>>
>>799591
Unlock C4 with certs, you will want to max it out because it takes 2 bricks of C4 to one-shot most vehicles. Sunderers wont die from 2 bricks alone but will have a sliver of health left that a couple rockelet volleys will finish off.
Speaking of rockelet, Typhoon ammo on it is kind of a meme but it is technically more damage. It'll still take 2 full volleys no matter what to finish a sunderer off.

As for the approach, if you wanna skate fast eat ass into there, but a Punisher SMG (1k certs, fun but not required) and use the adaptive underbarrel to propel yourself as fast as possible over there. The gun is pretty awful otherwise for LA, or you can spend nanites/certs on the regular thrown impulse grenades but it's kinda wasteful if you're already blowing nanites on C4.
If its defended you'll probably die fast.
Drifter jetpack helps you with horizontal movespeed greatly, and it also fucks up other people's aim trying to hit you floating around but you are a visible and easy target in the air for anybody paying attention.

For tanks, try to come up behind them so they don't see you and run away, they know a LA floating towards them is bad news. Two bricks and they're instantly dead. If they do spot you, the punisher underbarrel impulse grenades can help you close the distance/chase and they will try to shoot you down. Just try to spaz out as much as possible to fuck their aim up they only get a couple chances.
>>
File: thumbs up.png (232 KB, 450x553)
232 KB
232 KB PNG
>>799600
Thanks man.
>>
>>799591
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34-OTQaPGFY
old vid but very relevant for the most part
explosive bolt crossbow secondary is still pretty good after mag dumping rocklets, as is underbarrel grenade launchers
aspies can use smg secondaries which makes punish stuff from the other post a lot more justifiable
>>
>>799605
Oh right forgot to mention regarding Drifter jetpacks.
Carbines (LA's primary) have a hidden feature where they don't suffer horrendous innacuracy bloom while jetpacking, meaning you're at a huge advantage accuracy-wise while holding down the jet key. If you let go you start the "falling" animation and your accuracy turns to shit.

Shotguns sadly do not get this same feature even though they really should, but shotguns got nerfed so hard this last patch you shouldn't bother until they fix it.
>>
>>799609
only thing you should warn about this video is he goes on to talk about nanoweave really hard but nanoweave got giga nerfed into uselessness, so ASC or Flak is more viable now, or just whatever really.
>>
>>799610
Yeah I noticed this pretty much immediately,
having fun rushing at those faggy snipers, having trouble destroying vehicles still but I'm working on it.
>>
>>794032
reminder that NC is the most overpowered faction because 200 and 167 damage model is strictly better, even with lower fire rate
because of how the game works, high fire rate weapons sometimes desync bullets out of existence, especially if your frame rate is tanking
NC has the least ghost bullets of any faction, coupled with weapons that require the least number of bullets to kill and fast TTK from headshots
it's strictly the best faction
>>
>>800060
yeah but i'd have to listen to a woman giving me orders so I just play TR
>>
Kappa Harbinger
Newton Punisher
X75 Harbinger
X75 Rutherford :)
Kappa Harbinger I don't like LMGs. X100 and Maxwell are the good ones, though.
>>
>>800253 was for >>799474
>>
>>800253
this bot is one of the good ones, though rutherford is one of the few weapons I can comfortably say I've never been killed by
>>
>>800256
>rutherford is one of the few weapons I can comfortably say I've never been killed by
I keep it on me for comfort and motivation. It makes me feel good to use the shitty faux Thumper ADS and see red Xs appear.
>>
>>800256
yeah no shit, how many people are unlocking shotgun auraxiums right now you think?
>>
>>800060
if the 200 and 167 damage model weapons are so good then explain why 143/845 is so based
>>
File: why.png (842 KB, 699x699)
842 KB
842 KB PNG
https://youtu.be/_fSaEJ-4-fU?t=2379
>>
File: 1598717898236.jpg (183 KB, 950x713)
183 KB
183 KB JPG
>>799591
1: Join some random outfit and be present for base captures/defenses to get loyalty and merit points.
2: Get the Flash XS tactical slot item and two bricks of C4
3: Stick C4 onto the front of the flash
4: Drive at the target and bail while flying up and detonating.

Inshallah, you now have an instant VBIED from any spawn point. You could use someone's stealth sundie, a router, a spawn beacon. Any of those places are now a place where you can spawn/create a vehicle capable of taking down an MBT in a way that makes them cry and shit themselves. Simply come in from the sides or rear, since the nigger devs have never heard of slew rate.
With a bit of practice, you'll get a hang of how it travels after you eject. Just remember that the NC favela macacos are all on taco-fueled spicnet, along with all the other shades of shitskin third-worlders in the spandex swarm. So, you need to let the flash hit the target and wait a split second before detonating because of the shit latency system.
Optionally, you could put the Fury on a wraith cloak flash, put the C4 on, then switch to infil and detonate the C4 by point blank firing right into the tank; thus blowing up both of you
>>
you guys ever get caught in the trap of convincing yourself to keep trying instead of just logging out
>>
How viable is being a vehicle person if I play solo and don't have an outfit

I want to play engineer and use the cool archer/variants and pilot and customize tanks and the various aircraft but it seems wildly expensive and I also don't have a group/outfit to play with

new player btw
>>
File: magrider genocide.webm (2.89 MB, 640x360)
2.89 MB
2.89 MB WEBM
>>803175
you'll have to commit to playing goofy loadouts and accept the fact somebody with a gunner will beat you in 1v1s 90% of the time if they are competent
as a solo vehicle autist, my favorite by far is viper lightning, max reload speed and stealth with the speed chassis and spread some cheeks with phat damage bursts
second place is battle ant, use the delivereer module and scout radar to turn the thing into a mobile cert farm, bulldog is a killing machine and you can beat lightnings and harassers if you land your shots, jumping between the gun and driving while it reloads
ranger harasser with daredevil chassis (get the speed one tho since DD is A7 only which is an "endgame" currency you should not think about as a new player) is great for harassing (heh) pilots, should also run stealth on it
as a terminally playing planetside autist I personally fly solo liberators and fighters as well but the skill floor for those is too high to recommenced to anyone who can be considered new as youll need at least 50 hours (more likely 100+ tho) flying in vr training to even scrape said floor since aircraft in this game are nothing short of arcane and everyone else in the sky is better then you and always will be
t. 2k hours played alone since my friends all quit

btw any of those will require several thousands certs to get rolling, while cert gain seems brutal if you are new you can easily do 1000+ certs an hour borderline afk as engi/med in big fights or just farming cortium in an ant in some mountain range nobody will bother you

overall my best advice is to uninstall right fucking now and never look back holy shit you retard why would you subject yourself to this game it WILL mindbreak you and you will struggle to enjoy other fps games while simultaneously hating every line of so-called code werlybird is serving at his small collection of franchised olive gardens in west oregon with no other choice but to continue shlurping it down as it is all that can sustain you
>>
File: file.png (20 KB, 265x50)
20 KB
20 KB PNG
you can win too if you put your mind to it
>>
>>803175
Only viable if you build a cortium base to spawn infinite Lightnings or ESFs.
>>
I love how R18 is fucking with the VS win rate so hard that they're nearing 60% wins.
>>
>>803536
Im not sure what will end up being funnier when wrel notices

regional locking, or VS nerfs because all he saw was the win rate
>>
>>803199
I left the game almost a year ago, tried to check it again last month, logged in, ran around for a bit and deleted it again. The magic is gone.
>>
>>803186
>lightning goes under maggie
>maggie cant fire at you
>the other maggie cant fire without hitting a friendly
could've lasted longer. those magriderfags were braindead.
>>
>>803175
>if I play solo and don't have an outfit
Outfits are really aggressive about recruiting and if you join a zergfit platoon they'll eventually send you an invite. Large vehicle ops are shit, though: outfits are mostly useful for finding a gunner and maybe a couple of other tonks.

That being said, it's totally viable to play solo, you just need to be careful and keep an eye out for flanks.
>>
>>803560
lmao you know the answer
>>
File: 1660047720507123.jpg (198 KB, 462x522)
198 KB
198 KB JPG
>>803560
>>803751
I figure he'll just fucking do nothing and ignore it.
Regional locking would be fucking amazing if we can get rid of all the goddamn spics and favela monkeys, but I feel like that's way too good of an outcome to actually happen.
And we all know he won't fucking nerf VS.
>>
>>803947
Theres no south american servers so it wouldn't do shit to the brazilians, but man if there was a maximum average ping enforcement that'd be something else. Would kill the game but it'd be great for like a week
>>
>>803954
They don't deserve a server. They don't even fucking deserve internet. Merge the US servers into a server in Chicago and rangeban mexico and enforce average ping.
>>
>>803965
rangeban mexico sure but brazil doesnt deserve it
17BR has some true lads in it
>>
>>803536
>pinoy leetfit larping as australian shitposters larping as a chinese zergfit
emerald was fucked from the start
>>
>>804060
They're not even that good they just swarm the off hours killing any potential for comfy fights
whenever the time zones collide for actual fights all they do is flood the VS pop so all the good NSO get dumped on TR and TR's daytime winrate peaks.
>>
>As of this update, completed missions will automatically provide rewards when completed.
>Starting in February, changes to the Overview screen will prevent stockpiled missions from being redeemable. Please claim any stockpiled missions you have before February to ensure you receive the rewards.
NOOOO MY STOCKS
>>
How's the Kingsnake on the lightning compare to the normal AP?
>>
>>804245
just run viper
>>
>>804246
Really? They did it again? They made another TR empire-specific weapon dogshit?
>>
>>804250
it's broken on prowler and painfully mediocre on lightning
the kingsnake on lightning has a specific middle range between close range viper being top tier and ap snipers taking over where it can fuck shit up but it's rare you will be able to maintain such range for long since ap will pull back and viper will rush you, even if ambushing
>>
>>804245
>Take Kingsnake
>Racer
>Turn 3rd person
>Start playing like harasser
There, viper is dogshit btw
>>
>>804252
I've been trying out both in test drive, but wouldn't this be even better with the viper for a stronger alpha strike? What's wrong with the viper?
>>
>>804257
>What's wrong with the viper?
Shitload of nerfs to splash and damage with no change to recoil and bloom, reload speed and only being good in super close range. Kingsnake is way more versatile.
Viper is only good for suicide rushes
>>
>>804257
>What's wrong with the viper?
It was the default gun for new players for a reason, serving no purpose other then a crutch for shitters to brainlessly rush other tanks with since it "wins" against AP lighting due to AP dps not overtaking it until the fourth (technically third and a half) shot. Granted, it's good for fighting anything with less HP then a lightning as well as libs/gals when they are hovering but if it has more hp then a lightning you are just doing the the equivalent of ambusher jump jetting into somebody with a pump shotgun, that is to say you lose any level of adaptability outside of a very specific range that you must force to make happen.
>>
you can still beat AP at mid range with 2 round bursts on viper you trigger hugging mongoloids
just because it CAN full auto doesnt mean you always should, vipers strength comes from constant pressure where other tanks have to hit and run or peek
also having multiple backup shots if you miss ESPECIALLY when fighting on the move is huge compared to a full reload every miss
play smarter, not harder
>>
File: 1534955654638.jpg (54 KB, 540x443)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
I see. I've been using a Wraith Flash with a Fury to harass enemy armor and finish off tanks retreating to repair, so I guess that was influencing my thoughts at the time. I guess a lightning would be far less capable of getting in close like that.

So, I've tested and timed both against the test drive lightning from the front, and they seem to perform the same in TTK at around 7.5~ seconds.
From the side, the Viper took around 7 seconds
Meanwhile, the Kingsnake took around 6 seconds from the side. The rear time just decreased it a bit for both.

At reload speed 5, the Viper took 7.1 seconds from the front. 6.6 from the side, and around 6.2 seconds from the rear.
The Kingsnake took around the same time from the front, 5 seconds from the side, and the same for the back.
These times aren't too precise, as I'm just using a stopwatch app on my phone while firing, and things like the viper killing the target mid-burst complicates it, as well. However, the data forms a clear trend.

So, it seems the Kingsnake gets better with positioning, while performing around the same frontally, with better versatility. Meanwhile, the Viper is good for alpha damage or against already-damaged targets due to the reload being the main source of the TTK, as well as being more forgiving of misses.

Thanks for everyone who chimed in. I think I'll get the Kingsnake. While the Viper is tempting, misses will simply be a skill issue on my part that I'll have to overcome.
>>
>>804214
Those fuckers. Well, at least I redeemed my stonks during the last 2x XP event.
>>
>Reverted Elli Tower on Esamir back to a Control-style base
Thank God still shit base
>>
>>803536
Check your outfit's killboard on outfit-tracker and see what KDR you've got against them. We do slightly better fighting R18 than fighting SKL, which is hilarious.
>>
LMFAO

https://www.planetside2.com/patch-notes/jan-11-pc-hotfix
>>
File: file.png (22 KB, 1270x81)
22 KB
22 KB PNG
>>804301
zamn
>>
why doesn't this game have an ass/breast slider
>>
>>804657
>increasing the slider increases the mesh density
>leetfit meta becomes huge wobbling titties and asses for everyone to completely fuck the fps of anyone who spent less than $2k on their computer
>>
>>804657
We don't even have a white skintone and you want them to add sliders?
You get four fucking options
>mexican
>mutt (mexican 2)
>pacific islander
>dindu
>>
File: 68837l.jpg (49 KB, 424x600)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>804657
They should add a height slider that changes the hitbox so that tactical lolis become the meta. Then people might not hate the Vanu and their silly outfits as much.
Also change NSO into cyborgs instead of just robots.
>>
File: Untitled.png (231 KB, 797x408)
231 KB
231 KB PNG
BROS.....?????
>>
>>805289
I hate it when I've finally managed to bait a decent population over to a hex and started a fight and some retarded LA blows up the sundy and instantly ends it THANKS RETARD
based wrel
>>
>>805322
That's my favorite thing to do in this game
>>
>>805464
Care to explain why? Or is this low effort bait?
>>
File: file.png (20 KB, 850x148)
20 KB
20 KB PNG
>>805289
are you just memeing or did you not see the shitpost flair or any of the comments?
>>
>>805478
I could have sworn I replied to you before I went to sleep, but I guess I forgot.
I fucking love maneuver warfare and guerilla warfare. I fucking love the idea of massive fights being drastically altered by one person at the right place at the right time; cutting through the enemy strategy like a knife through butter. I fucking love when the huge blob of planetmans are forced to turn their fucking brains on for once and pull a new one and think of a new place to put their sundie rather than the northern garage on Nason's. I love how the sundiefaggots seethe that they're no longer getting free xp as if it's some sort of right of theirs just because it's low pop.

These retards act as if people aren't supposed to fight back against them and they should just be allowed to take the region so that WE end up the poor faggots in sundies (Where they will instantly forget about their earlier kvetching and pop our sundies; like every time the vanu bitch about getting zerged when that's literally all they do)
I will NOT be the poor bloody infantry pushing hills at Crown. I will NOT be the one having to run through the swamps and getting sniped from all sides or run over by a harasser. It's not like you faggots are deciding "gee, I better go easy"—and I sure as hell don't expect you to— so why the fuck should I?

tl;dr: I fucking love making shit go boom and better you than me.
>>
>>805799
Dangerously based truthteller
>>
>>805799
There's a huge difference between taking down a sundy in a big fight that's already happening (probably with multiple sundy already) and kneecapping a fight before it gets going. My big beef is with the fags who hunt down the sundy in a 1-12/1-12 fight before it can evolve into a bigger engagement, thus cucking everyone out of the massive fight they could have been having
>t. professional fight starter
>>
>>805853
>haha nooo you have to let us take your base
>>
What's the thread take on fourth faction agriculture sundies? If you spawn/instant action at one do you try to TK them or do you just ignore it and go elsewhere? Personally I view it in a similar manner to the shopping cart litmus test, where team killing them with a fuckload of mines isn't necessary and if anything will slightly detriment me for the time/nanites but is overall the right thing to do for the sake of my allies, even though leaving it alone is easy and doesn't carry any form of punishment for myself specifically.
>>
>>805858
>haha noooo you have to fight at the 3 pre-approved spots on the map that have pop
The goal was never to take the base; the goal has always been to bait 50 or so pop away from the zerg fights and have a nice enjoyable medium sized battle.
>>
>>805799
if you do that when there are less than 150 players total on the map and then don't pull a sundy and attack the next base yourself then you are a massive faggot. most good players go easy on sundies during dead hours out of sheer pragmatism, because they want living fights to farm at.

dropping out of a hornet esf with tank mines and solo killing a shield bus is unfathomably based during primetime fights though.
>>
>>805799
>like every time the vanu bitch about getting zerged when that's literally all they do
My personal favourite is seeing someone on all three factions complain about double teaming within the same 30 minutes.
>>
that thing memerald VS was doing while warpgate camping NC during the amerish alert with 50% server pop where they would havok spam any nc sunderers (or vehicles in general) that managed to make it partially up the hill was pretty epic
i thought it was especially poggers when the only time a sundy could make it up the hill cover without havok spam it was a low brs sundy with minimal certing and once 20+ nc had deployed on it an orbital strike got dropped and nobody could get inside for cover cause it was locked
what even is the solution at this point? reroll hong connery? or god forbid a europoor server?
>>
File: file.png (13 KB, 866x117)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
>>806888
Log off, deprive them of a fight and make their queue to get in even longer.
Cancel your sub if you have one and send a screenshot of your cancellation confirmation to their support or cheater email (I did that when sending a cheat report and the dude got banned immediately, fastest response time i've ever seen)
Tweet it at their main twitter.

Theres so few players on late night that every single person counts and if enough people had self control to just log off, it would be a staggering show. Often times theres literally 20 TR/NC total at these hours, and if half just quit, the other half would have no choice but to also log off because they're sure as fuck not finding fights either.
>>
>>806904
toxic@planetside2.com
cheater@planetside2.com

hell throw the email at both, we all know those chinks are cheating shits too
>>
>>806906
Aren't they SEAmonkeys just pretending to be Australians pretending to be Chinese?
Either way, this just goes to show that Vanu players aren't people and Wrel the vanu-lover is a faggot.
>>
>>806904
>oops, all oshur
>>
so is memerald still laggy? I've been absorbed by darktide for the past month or so
>>
I wish using non-carbines wasn't an ungodly awful experience on Light Assault. I like going fast but only carbines play good and kill good while going fast.
>>
i went slow once and it was awful
>>
>>807385
I still dont understand why shotguns turn into incense spray when you jet/jump around like bro that's not how spread works
>>
>>807390
shotguns function off two tiers of spread
spread 1 is where withing the reticule your pellets will come out of, think of it like the hipfire spread on a sniper where the bullet will exit a singular point towards a random direction
spread 2 is the actual spread of the pellets which is random and comes out of that origin point from spread one
jut/jetting makes spread 1 larger while spread 2 stays the same, making an already arcane system even more erratic

the best solution would be to remove current spread 1 and put spread 2 in it's place but that would make shotguns more consistent and predictable, if it was ever to happen it would have been during the nerf wave in november
part of what makes shotguns so rough to work with is the difference between them being WTF OP WERL NERF NAO!!! and unusuable garbage is how lucky the person using them is, even before the nerf you could just get cucked point blank for no reason and die
i reckon balancing them around a single type of spread would be a lot easier and fair but would require more work so it will never happen
>>
>>807416
Honestly if they just ditched rng spread and went with the comp TF2 static pellet pattern a majority of shotgun issues would be solved instantly. Fuck realism these are space shotguns
>>
do this do that
>>
finally finished claw aurax tonight, had 900 kills on it but didnt touch it after the nerf
what an atrocity, died a fair few times cause of muscle memory telling me I killed a guy when werl said I didn't and I kinda wish I just split the last couple hundred kills up instead of hammering them out all at once cause that was soul sucking
unironically never touching it in it's current state again
>>
>>807686
missed two knife follow ups, gun is complete garbage but you make it "work" by only using it in knife range. makes the aurax slower but it is what it is
ironic that the best shotguns are the ones that used to be agreed to be the worst
>>
>haven't played in a while
>Hop on and play
>Realize I can't spawn from vehicles anymore from menu
What the fuck is this shit?
>>
>>807784
They want to increase gameplay for infiltrators
>>
>>807784
Everyone was having too much fun and getting to fights too fast, so they needed to nerf airpads in tech plants and amp stations.
>>
>>807944
>>807784
The funny part is it literally did nothing to nerf the most obnoxious vehicle spamming station: construction pads.
>>
>>807966
It barely even nerfs direct A2G or tank pulls anyway, since both of them stay alive for a long time. It mostly fucks over valk/gal drops and sundy pulls, which are the single-most important roles in the game for starting and maintaining fights.
>>
I bet the reason vehicle deployment was removed was because they couldn't figure out how to connect it to the shitty new(old) spawn system, so instead of fixing it they just gutted it
>>
I only recently learned the new spawn system is actually fairly complex and what causes a lot of server lag, was under the assumption for a few months it was added to PREVENT server lag by slowing down spawn rates, same with the removal of vehicle spawns.
>>
>>791080
what're the optimal f2p kits?
>>
>>808241
f2p as in free-to-play? literally any guide you find online you can follow exactly as it says since real money shit is all cosmetic only
>>
>>801851
I only use guns with minimum damage of 125 because they're the only thing to rival the NC overpowered bullshit guns
>>
>>808249
NC's not outright overpowered, but their biggest advantage is having few guns that are outright bad. The VS and TR get amazing guns like the Orion and the T1 Cycler, but then they get cucked by the rest of the lineup. For example, there's no good mid-to-long-range VS assault rifle (H-V45 is short, Terminus is short-to-mid, Lacerta is long, NS-15 is NS), but nearly half the NC assault rifles fit that niche (Reaper DMR, A-Tross, Gauss Rifle).
>>
File: 1565416797500.png (166 KB, 671x603)
166 KB
166 KB PNG
>Tanks can FLY
>Tanks can strafe
>Tanks and ESFs have the smallest frontal cross-section
>The ESF is also very thin vertically, which just makes it even more cancer with the game's retarded take on aerial combat
>Their flash weapon is actually usable unlike whatever the fuck the pillager is supposed to be
>guns have no drop, the sort of ability that would be on par with outright cheating in any other game
>Infinite ammo heat guns
>dark nigger-like colors blend into the night
>Everything is exploding in plasma constantly from the maxes and the lashers (Maybe it could use another buff? The betelgeuse too, while you're at it, Wrel, you vanu-loving faggot)
>Their tanks also drive on water, which nobody else has any sort of equivalent to
>Casemate design and rapid turning mean it can't be ambushed and will just snap around presenting its frontal armor
>If it starts losing it can just run away straight up a sheer cliff
All Vanuniggers lynched IRL when?
>>
>>808241
FTP basically just locks you out of meta aids implants like carapace, and even then only for a while. my general build guide goes like this
>save a7 for showdown so you dont need to buy a pistol
>gun addons (lasers and shit)
>class abilities
>ammo packs/recon darts/repair tools/heal tools
>the cloak and a gun (NOT basi or kobald) for your quadbike
>survivalist implant (5)
>regeneration implant (3)
>mines
>c4
>amaterasu knife
from there you can basically do whatever
>>
>>808443
>whatever the fuck the pillager is supposed to be
go shoot it at a cortium base repair module. thank me later
>>
>>808241
>>808459
as a medic main, mine's
>default AR laser sight
>medtool -> 5
>aoe heal -> 5
>other default AR upgrades
>revive grenade
>grenade bandolier 2
>c4x2
>grenade bandolier 3
>commie (underboss is objectively better but I don't use it)
>amaterasu
then I start unlocking shit for other classes and building out my sunderer, esf, and tonks. anything that really pisses me off, I impulse buy, e.g. if I play heavy I'll ignore whatever medic thing I'm working on to get medkits and a laser sight.

and implants are
>survivalist (and run it on every class)
>ammo printer 3 (vehicles/air)
>combat surgeon
>sensor shield (only because it's good in the off-hours)
>>
>>808461
Is that its purpose? Just blowing up base shit? How's it compare to just using a fury? Or pulling a lightning from a base and using that?
>>
>>808443
All this cool shit, and yet none of it can kill good.
Simple is better.
>>
>>808461
The grenade launcher does it better from a longer distance.
>>
File: 1517172574783.jpg (32 KB, 500x375)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
had my solocap at the crown stolen by a zergfit with nobody on the board again girls...
>>
>>808468
it used to be fine for infantry but the fire's probably still bugged. lightning cant cloak and fury has like splash and shit. from what ive seen base nodes hate HMG damage more than light or heavy AV so its actually pretty good

>>808870
the grenade launcher doesnt set people on fire and its a base node, why are you sniping it
>>
>Start losing to TR
>Want to fight VS since they have been kicking our asses
>Every platoon is fighting TR
>"Hey we should leave this fight, TR have base"
>"Hur dur it's not over til it's over"
>We lose more ground to VS
Big shock. Is it because VS just aren't fun to fight against but the long time players who run platoons don't want to admit that?
>>
File: 1352362478548965905.jpg (275 KB, 1920x1448)
275 KB
275 KB JPG
>>809461
That's unironically the reason, yes. I don't want to fight their OP asses, either, but it has to be done. I hope one day NC and TR both just decide to skullfuck VS forever and trade continent wins back and forth. Just tell Wrel to go fuck himself when he complains like the vanu loving faggot he is.
t. TR because friends wanted to go TR, even though I prefer NC's aesthetic and played a bit of NC in the past
Too bad NC is filled with all the favela monkey subhumans nowadays, though. They wouldn't even speak the proper fucking language to negotiate a treaty to fuck up VS.
>>
File: file.png (28 KB, 764x187)
28 KB
28 KB PNG
>>
>>809451
>its a base node, why are you sniping it
So the AV/AI turret doesn't shoot at me, you'd be surprised at the stupid shit you can get away with from long distance.
>>
File: buzzard 1.webm (2.93 MB, 960x540)
2.93 MB
2.93 MB WEBM
>>809451
>>809725
*ahem*
>>
File: 1464105460461.gif (944 KB, 640x360)
944 KB
944 KB GIF
Remove ammo printers ability to resupply vehicle ammo. It promotes camping, makes ammo sundies/gals n ammo towers/airpads obselete, increases zergs blitz speed, makes tonks and air stay in combat area for a long ass time.

Oh and remove aircraft synergy for the same fucking reason
>>
https://www.planetside2.com/news/construction-in-2023
>>
>>810255
>free sandcastles on construction nodes
Fun
>no Autoturrets
Not fun
>>
>The revamped Cortium Bomb will no longer be able to be able to be placed out in the open, and will instead act like a module that attackers have access to. Still held in the Tactical Slot, a Cortium Bomb must be defended until it explodes, dealing heavy damage to the structure it's housed within.
>>
>>810260
Literally no fucking fun at all. Fuck off wrel.
>>
oh also patch notes for today
https://www.planetside2.com/patch-notes/jan18-pc-update
Lunar New Year 2023 Bundle - 1499 DBC
>NS-61 "Jackrabbit" Emissary (Common Pool Sidearm)
>Year of the Rabbit Banner
>Year of the Rabbit Decal (Useable as Outfit Decal)

Capture the Conduit
>Repository HUD indicators now blink when being overloaded.
>Repository now has a visible timer associated with it on the map and HUD.

Misc. Changes, Fixes, and Additions
>Fixed an reload animation issues on the MG-A1 Arbalest, UBR-100 Frogman, UBR-150 Sea Lion, MGR-C1 Charger, MGR-S1 Gladius, and MGR-A1 Vanquisher.
>Fixed an animation issue causing some bolt-action rifles to skip rechamber animations on remote clients while walking. This issue affected the AF-8 Railjack, EM4 Longshot, LA80, NC14 Bolt Driver, SAS-R, M77-B, RAMS .50M, SR-7, and TSAR-42.
>Fixed an animation issue where you could enter a walking animation while sprinting, after falling from a height.
>Adjusted the Gauss Prime to use the Arsenal Update's actual values, which removes the innate HVA velocity and penalties.
>NSO speech packs no longer appear in the dropdown for non-NSO factions.
>Fixed typos in the Battlefield Supremacy mission.
>The Flak Attack mission is no longer capable of earning progress in VR Training.
>Disabled all "unused" missions. This change is intended to fix an issue with certain legacy missions persisting in a mission list for some players.
>>
File: 1550083221557.jpg (341 KB, 1024x742)
341 KB
341 KB JPG
>>810255
>They're fucking changing a shitton of construction shit right after I've finished certing out almost all the shit I want
Fucking niggers. They probably just want to add a bunch of more shit so they can charge you for it. I want fucking refunds. Do these kikes even do cert refunds after they fuck with/remove shit?

>>810260
This shit is retarded, too. I bet retards ran into spawnrooms after base caps and got cort bombed. Or decided to fucking sit still camping until one blew up under their vehicle.
>>
>With the update, the intention would be to convert non-Skywall shields to two-way shields (and revamp which structures have access to them and how they use them,) remove the Pain Spire, remove (or revamp) Automated Turrets, remove the EMP effect from Skywalls
It's over
>>
the anti-infantry turret should be dropped on ground level if it will be player controlled only just so it could be in cover from tank fire or just have the whole current pylon allow you do decide the height of it yourself
>>
>>810363
If its not automated then you can defend it from tank fire by just not building it. It wont do anything either way
>>
>>810255
>no more left clicking with ants
time to speedrun my 120 alts next double xp fuckin hell
>>
File: image.png (2.24 MB, 1920x1080)
2.24 MB
2.24 MB PNG
cute :3
>>
> To make the experience less left-click-and-wait, and add a bit more interactivity, we'd like to convert harvesting tools like the Mandibles into a more traditional (albeit short range) weapon that can chip pieces of Cortium nodes away. These pieces would then be driven over to collect. The intention would be to make these nodes change shape as they fall apart, too, allowing you to clearly see how much cortium is available from a distance.
Press S to spit on performance and already dying servers. Wrel you fucking nigger, you don't have resources and decent programmers for that
>>
What's the hardest you've out played somebody in recent times?
>>
do we all just pretend that this isn't a two faction war?
>esamir alert
>literally no combat between VS and TR
>NC getting railed from every conceivable angle
it is no longer a conspiracy this is just the state of the game.
>>
>>811193
Killed two Vanguards and their engineers with one Light Assault
>>
do we all just pretend that this isn't a two faction war?
>esamir alert
>literally no combat between VS and NC
>TR getting railed from every conceivable angle
it is no longer a conspiracy this is just the state of the game.
>>
>>811563
https://ps2.fisu.pw/activity/?world=17
this website was made specifically for you to stop whining
>>
>>811555
>>811563
https://ps2alerts.com/alert/17-46771
looks pretty normal and NC's at 32% map control, get your shit together and stop having a TR-tier victim complex
>>
new twitch prime drop when?
>>
>>809558
>>809461
A TR/NC truce would never work because we both hate fighting VS so much we'd rather just duke it out with eachother in fun dwindling fights than have to deal with the immense faggotry that is the VS.
>>
>>811734
reminder to everyone in the ITT you can use an empty visa gift card to get amazon prime for about 5-10 minutes at a time before it gives up on trying to charge it and claim every code you want, repeatable as much as needed
>>
>>811754
also this works for free shipping and twitch subs (though only once a month for subs) not just twitch prime loot
>>
File: file.png (52 KB, 407x216)
52 KB
52 KB PNG
oh guess that means new bundle today/tomorrow
I wasn't sure what the exact date was
>>
File: file.png (9 KB, 265x93)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
someone on reddit complained about NSO sights and wrel replied to it
apparently some changes to.. things? coming next month
>>
pathetic
>>
>>811752
Why do people hate fighting the one faction with shit vehicles? Weird.
>>
File: gobs denied.webm (2.83 MB, 710x400)
2.83 MB
2.83 MB WEBM
>>811193
havent played consistently in a year, but denying these GOBS fuckers a cap steal was very satisfying.
>>
>>811193
running the flashlight just to kill rat infils who think invisibility = invincibility
>>
>>811784
desu these things have me kinda hyped since it's literally free shit poggers
hope it's more planetside arena stuff
>>
Haven't played in over a month.
Qrd on recent changes? Is Miller still shit? How is population on primetime?
>>
File: file.png (78 KB, 1298x329)
78 KB
78 KB PNG
>>812149
>Haven't played in over a month.
I'm sorry you couldn't stay away longer
>Qrd on recent changes?
missions now auto complete and any that were stored are gonna get nuked when they redo the mission ui soontm, just bug fixes otherwise
also lunar new year bundle
some dev blogs on upcoming changes dropped a few days ago and thats really it
>Is Miller still shit? How is population on primetime?
pic, seems pretty on par with cobalt for daily players, only beaten by memerald so i reckon prime time is decent
>>
>>812155
Did they fix server performance? I remember servers shitting themselves with old spawn system.
>>
>>812158
emerald gets rough on amerish during prime time, but the other continents are generally fine
cannot speak for other servers
>>
>>812159
I suppose Miller still lags every now and then. Fuck me. I guess I'll keep playing Ren-x for a time being.
>>
>>812147
yeah it's all fluff but everyone likes free stuff
makes the game feel less dead too
>>
uhhhhhh GIRLS??!??!?!?!?
>>
>>812422
Does it really 1 hit while you're in the air?
>>
File: file.png (1.38 MB, 1399x634)
1.38 MB
1.38 MB PNG
>>812422
/tf2g/ is that way
>>
>>812422
>>812505
>a fucking combat shovel
Well this is the first time i've wanted one of these dumbass bundles.
>>
>>812545
See>>811754
>>
>>812494
it uses the damage model those pickaxes from the old esamir campaign had, so slow swing speed but more damage when wielded, just enough to ohko infils on headshot
>>
>>811193
solo capped an underwater base as light assault without using underwater guns versus an entire squad, half of whom were using underwater guns
>>
>Game froze while dabbing on V*nu
Classic.
>>
File: 1660147017885810.jpg (46 KB, 340x565)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>Watching video
>Vanu sights are completely fucking open, basically just a floating dot while the rest of the gun is all the way at the bottom of the screen, absolutely nothing to obstruct their view
What the fuck? Can Wrel be any more fucking blatant? They get .75 ADS, no bullet drop, infinite ammo, and even their fucking sights are better? Does he just add shit for himself at this point?
I guess he got mad that he couldn't solo some base as infantry too, so that's why we're getting this new construction "update"?
>>
>>813520
It's okay, 80% of their guns are shit, so even though they only use the good 20% it's totally balanced.
>>
>>813520
Anons seething over things that aren't even in the game anymore never ceases to amuse me
>>
>>813520
>.75 ADS
got removed
>no bullet drop
doesn't matter unless you're a long range sniper
>infinite ammo
on one weapon that's not meta anymore, let me know the last time you say skorpios, darkstar or eclipse. skorpios is rutherford tier
>their fucking sights are better
worse sights than nso, the actual dot is larger on vs sights which makes aiming aids, screenshot it if you dont believe me

complain about no horizontal recoil and i might agree with you, that's the one thing TR gets fucked by
t. NC SAW main
>>
weren't the sights all designed by higby's team....?
>>
>>813520
but nonny all of that stuff was from before wrel became a game dev....
>>
>>813520
The construction stuff is accurate, he got dunked by some AI turrets and tried to nerf those a couple months ago until the entire community told him he was retarded, so now he's going to stealthily do it under the guise of an "overhaul"

Every faction gets .75 ads now though
>>
>>813520
What's your IGN?
>>
>>813559
>>813564
I don't know, but fuck Wrel anyways.

>>813546
>>813568
Don't they still have more .75 LMGs?
I didn't bring up the horizontal recoil because that's more of a TR-specific thing, while I'm sure Wrel fucks over NC, too. Probably just nerfs shit when he dies to it.
Don't even get me started on the fucking lasher. Why did the TR get some shitty explosive ammo on their 334 damage scout rifle, along with a "faction trait" that you have to spend certs to remove because it's fucking garbage? But then there's no explosive ammo on anything else? The T7 has a fucking windup, what's the Lasher's downside? Why does explosive ammo only exist on one gun where it's worthless and not on the T7 where it'd be good? What the fuck does the lasher have to do with any sort of Vanu trait? Why do the fucking Vanu get like 10 different fucking traits?

>>813579
Paletiger.
I posted a picture that says nigger in it and criticized Wrel. Why would I tell you?
>>
>>813589
>Why do the fucking Vanu get like 10 different fucking traits?
honestly though always wondered this
>>
>>813568
Even though thats 100% true hes... not entirely wrong. This is a pvp game and it should be about player v player fights. With construction usually that means two to three guys in lightnings vs me and my towers. If a real force shows up theres nothing i can do and i leave. Friendlies never fight at construction bases and i cant blame them because fighting at those things is total ass.

The flow now is just
>farm from a tank until the turrets and modules are gone, then move on
It should be
>supress the AI defences with armour, then fix bayonettes and overrun the defending infantry
Removing pain spires was part of that. Removing cbombs from infils and shit is part of that. Needing human defenders is... an attempt at that. Some of the changes will work and some clearly wont, we're just going to have to wait and see
>>
>>813627
Treating construction like a point hold was your first mistake, its a push stopper not a one man anti-zerg button. Well made bases in Hossin keep entire fucking platoons locked down due to all the narrow vehicle passages, anywhere else is just a pull farm
>>
>>813627
There's no actual gain to protecting a player base because
>the faggot who built it locked it and I can't pull anything
>in order to get to the enemy infantry there are walls everywhere
>the only way to kill one is either cortium bomb zerg or tanks and they're both cancer to fight
>there's little defensive benefit to them with anvils and pocket oses
If you want infantry to be able to fight in bases, you need to put infantry-sized holes in all the walls and turn half the objects into massive buildings with good internal flow, which will upset constructionfags.
>>
>>813589
>what's the Lasher's downside?
Terrible DPS.
>>
>>813636
>faggot who built it locked it
Are you sure it's not just under 20k cort?
If a silo isn't above 20k, it's automatically locked to squad/outfit.
>>
>>813724
Nope, I'm talking about green silos. I think it's because they want to stop anyone from building an air or vehicle pad.
>>
>>813629
what's the difference between anti-zerg and push stopping? there's basically never a push that isnt a zerg. besides, it has no ability to strike out against zergs so they just rumble it or go around it. besides the real point is its a cheap way to chain-pull vehicles

>>813636
>the faggot who built it locked it and I can't pull anything
bro do you know how much effort it is to keep the thing above 50% cortium? you cant pull anything because im busy trying to build shit
>in order to get to the enemy infantry there are walls everywhere
the alternative is sundies parking under the wall and the base getting instantly overrun, and i cant put pain spires close enough to cover all three entries. i dont have a choice about that one
>cortium bomb zerg or tanks and they're both cancer to fight
wraith flash too but yeah
>there's little defensive benefit to them with anvils and pocket oses
the defence is cheap tanks and air lol. everything else just exists to guard the pad
>>
>>813729
Wasn't complaining about basebuilders, you're fine, it's a game design problem.
>game drains cortium instead of nanites, meaning silos are always locked AND allowing infinite repulls
>game makes walls impenetrable to infantry
>game doesn't make killing or defending bases fun
>game has bases that do nothing strategically (now) and/or do too much (hives)
>>
>>813729
>what's the difference between anti-zerg and push stopping?
I realize I worded that poorly after the fact.
By push stopping I mean stalling, prevents just a few sundies and tanks from zipping over to the next hex immediately to start a spawncamp and letting your dudes get ready and counterpull.
You'll keep an entire armor column distracted for a long amount of time even completely undefended, half of them will even just sit back and break every single wall for that pittance of EXP, but you wont be breaking that zerg rush on your own, and nor should you be able to.
>>
no clue what you sayin gun go pew
>>
Just came back to the game after a long break. Was trying out the perehelion and it surprisingly seems quite good. Is pulling armour as VS actually viable now?
>>
>>814192
Perihelion is the good MagRider gun now yes
>>
>>813520
>Does he just add shit for himself at this point?

Dunno man, just look on infiltrator class and answer for yourself
>>
>>814812
Wait, so Wrel's not only an infantry main, he's a fucking infil main? And that's why infils can still ADS while cloaked even though that's fucking retarded and don't have any meaningful recloak timer like the flash?
>>
>>814899
>is wrel why [thing is the way its been since launch years before wrel was involved at all]
no, retard, its been 10 years, learn to cope with cloakers already
>>
File: 1213634854964.png (1022 KB, 829x888)
1022 KB
1022 KB PNG
>>814952
Uh oh, looks like the cloaking spandex sissy got upset. Did your cult leader not give you your daily "injection" yet today?
>>
>>814964
dont project your seething, it just makes you more of a joke
>>
>>815077
You're right.
I'm actually just jealous of the Vanu leadership. Imagine forming an entire army of slutty sex slaves LARPing as a military and dressing them up in form-fitting spandex and cat ears.
Lucky bastards.
>>
>>814964
>>815115
why do you still have these images saved on your hard drive
and also, do you still have the giant NC light assault babe saved on your hard drive? they were lying down on indar
asking for reasons
>>
File: 153247538569970.jpg (115 KB, 1024x576)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
>>815210
>Why do you have these images
Because I recently went looking on the internet and jewgle images to save a bunch because I felt like I didn't have enough planetside pictures to shitpost with

>still
I don't know who you think I am, but I don't think I warrant a "still" at all.

>Lying down on Indar
I don't know about NC, but maybe you're thinking about this one? I don't think she's giant though, I think it's just fucked perspective.
>>
File: 6jv25zimwzm51 (1).jpg (3.8 MB, 5016x3541)
3.8 MB
3.8 MB JPG
>>815210
Not other anon but I am >>796816 and can provide a variety of larger-then-usual plant(wo)men.
>>
>>815230
that's not the one but good attempt, thanks make
>>
File: 1613259877313.png (2.98 MB, 2642x1621)
2.98 MB
2.98 MB PNG
>>815210
>>815230
think he means this
>>
File: 1245164753849468.jpg (106 KB, 1024x1366)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>>815761
>NC is the reason we don't have the rock bridge anymore
Knew we couldn't trust those rebels
>>
>>815761
Wow, someone actually had it lmao
>>
>>815761
>old tonk colour scheme
I miss it so much
>>
>>816219
t-ray was our nigga after all
>>
name a game with less intuitive flight controls
>>
File: Untitled.png (1.13 MB, 762x1071)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB PNG
I was playing a lot before the oshur update, I like Oshur, whats the deal on it?
Are the frogman weapons any good?
>>
>>816303
Frogman is okay.
Sea Lion is the best one IMO
The 125 one I forget the name of is trash

The Starfish pistol is actually pretty strong even out of the water, like a ghetto underboss but not as good.
>>
but i want to be green
>>
File: monstroverde.jpg (37 KB, 311x319)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
da ba de da ba di
>>
>>814952
True, but he's keeping retarded class design, regardless years of complaints from playerbase yet in the same time, buffing this broken class almost in every big update
>>
>Entire Steam common folder deleted
Fugg, anyone can recc me decent UserOptions settings?
>>
>>816303
Frogman is really good if you want an AR on other classes. It's particularly broken on infils.
>>
>>816291
DCS World
>>
>oshur alert
see you in two hours
>>
File: 1582407712956.jpg (19 KB, 360x253)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>816317
>>816600
Thats a bummer, Id like to have some new guns to fuck around with.
>>
what was esamir like before they ruined it?
>>
>>817063
esamirs good tho
>>
>>817063
The only thing wrong with Esamir is that the northern lattice is impossible to push.
>>
File: 1536171319960.jpg (480 KB, 1595x2100)
480 KB
480 KB JPG
>>817095
>t. Wrel trying to fight a base as infantry without armor support

The other day on Amerish, the TR were using a base to go up the southern road to the ascent and using leapfrogging skyshields to slowly push up. I think that was neat as fuck. If the fucking no-deploy zones weren't so fuckhuge around most bases you could see more fun siege/trench warfare and combined arms type shit like that.
Instead, all Wrel wants is more hallwayside to spray his totally fair and balanced lasher down.

Kcap ammunition for the T7 when?
>>
>>817137
They're impossible to push because there are no usable roads marked on the map and there's a single unmarked ford across the river, and because the armour route is indistinguishable from the inescapable canyons and dead ends, not because of muh infantry.

In fact the northern lattices usually end up being exclusively infantry fights because the only way anyone pushes them is with airdrops followed by anvils.
>>
>>817143
Oh yeah, that part is definitely shit. The terrain is really fucked. I get what you're saying there.
Still, though; Kcap for the T7 when?
>>
are watchman or dragoon gud? also what are current meta tryhard heavy implants these days?
>>
>>817205
>also what are current meta tryhard heavy implants these days?
I see a lot of athlete + survivalist/battle hardened. Safeguard in scrims and outfit wars to abuse res nades.
>>
File: win rate.png (137 KB, 858x1173)
137 KB
137 KB PNG
>>817137
Numbers dont like, anon.
Esamir is fucked.

>>817205
>watchman
Yeah its great if you can headshot
>dragoon
ehhh
>>
I hate bailfags so much it's unreal.
>>
I'm going to get the jackrabbit, it's going to replace my pink valentines crossbow from a gorillion years ago, yes I'm going to play a few hours and come back in another 10 years
>>
File: file.png (47 KB, 614x310)
47 KB
47 KB PNG
oh thank god, the game is saved!
>>
File: 1545961007452.png (596 KB, 1208x675)
596 KB
596 KB PNG
>>817960
I don't even remember initial character customization. Was there even one outside of skin color so shitskins could make their dirty nigger characters? Could I spend a cert to switch, then another switch to change back and recustomize my character? It'd be different if I could make a loli, or at least a cute girl, but there's no point to having a female character since it's a (((w*stern))) game.
>>
>>817995
There's sex and race. All my alt accounts are black women.
>>
also he apparently cleaned up some red dot and acog sights and stuff, that's neat I guess
said they should be a universal size now, so I hope it's universally small.. and not universally NSO's huge red dot size
>>
>>817960
Man I gave up after that post about the system not being built to support it so it would never happen a few months ago so I made a male character and was about to hit 120 and asp again when this news dropped. Fuck.
>>
>>817995
no you have to choose between 1 of 4 balds
asian bald
basketball american bald
mystery brown bald
some unknown shade between the above two bald

white doesn't exist in the future
>>
File: file.png (866 KB, 1015x763)
866 KB
866 KB PNG
Forgot planetside runs in a fucked up resolution, this is what they took from you
>>
>>817143
I like that about esamir, its nice to have somewhere with an actual purpose for valks and gals, plus cortium bases. They need to build a bridge over that fucking ravine though, or at least change the colour on the minimap so it doesnr look like a road
>>
>>818080
forgot about how SOUL the original game was
actual good maps
actual characters with good voice acting
actual teamwork, no solo shit
no snipers, no sundy popping, actual spawns and towers and strategy

sad it's gone
>>
lol they even nerfed training mission rewards
>>
>>818080
GREETINGS!
WELL MET!
>>
>>818707
IIINCOOOMING MAAAX UUUUNIIIIITS
>>
>>817137
no deploy zones need to be heavily reduced so that bases can actually influence alerts
>>
File: file.png (2.16 MB, 1790x2277)
2.16 MB
2.16 MB PNG
reaverbros....... how can we even compete.......................
>>
>>819250
Ancient technology...
>>
File: file.png (460 KB, 480x640)
460 KB
460 KB PNG
hello
UG9F
46P
NXCT
XPPA
GHR6
>>
>>819404
Is this jumbled up for a challenge or am I retarded?
>>
Is the shortbow worth paypigging for or should I just take the masthead?
>>
File: Laughing NC Girls.jpg (93 KB, 680x607)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>>819690
>Have access to what is blatantly the strongest antimateriel rifle in the game
>Should I take this other random one?
Smartest guy in NC.
>>
>>819707
Live brain free in the nc. But i'm in and out and only play a little sometimes, no clue about meta stuff and wanted to pick up baby's first antimat
>>
>>819717
As a TR, the state of the AMRs piss me off. The Dagr is worse than the Archer and with no special gimmick, can't one-tap, and lower sustained damage.I'm just amazed that faggot Wrel gave NC the good one instead of himself as a vanufaggot. But I guess he just wanted the slicer to be good in hallwayside like the lasher.
>>
>>819690
>Paypig
Absolutely not, never, zero chance, especially if you are NC. Masthead is the best rifle in the game by far.
>>
>>819746
>Slicer
I genuinely cannot fathom what they were thinking. It's only good in two hallways in the entire game: Nason's, and that one in Quartz if they're using a specific sundy garage.
>>
>>819746
Dagr is amazing for bullying vehicles tho, especially magrider fags who camp on esamir mountains. Tears and ragetells from those miserable fuckers are glorious.
>>
>>819746
DAGR has its niche for punishing anything parked or unable to find cover. It takes two full mags before the DAGR starts to out-dps the Archer though. I'm just glad we're not Vanu
>>
DAGR is the masthead equiv for ground vehicles, where its strength lies in the number being used
one dagr is annoying, two is scary, three or more can shut vehicles out of a zone
>>
im so happy i have the masthead, its all purpose
i just set up shop on an airpad at a large tower fight: shield, ammo drop, and just start sniping. you can one tap infantry, make maxes fuck off, long range unattended sundies, help focus fire a lightning
if you take that one implant that increases fire speed after a headshot kill its even better: headshot a planetman standing in front of the sundie in their menus, then dump the rest of the mag into the sundie for higher dps
>>
>>819854
Except you'll get better results from 10 people using an Archer than 10 people using Dagr

All 10 people will have to go through two full magazines reload times included before the Dagr outperforms. And if you have 10 people with an archer whatever you're shooting at isn't going to last that long.
>>
>>820450
>All 10 people will have to go through two full magazines reload
stopped reading, typical euro education at it's finest
the "first two full mag reloads" is nullified the moment a 3rd player shows up, learn2math rofl
>>
File: 1492230685350.jpg (36 KB, 640x432)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>820460
>the "first two full mag reloads" is nullified the moment a 3rd player shows up, learn2math rofl
Anon, /vm/ isn't that fast of a board
You can sustain a thread without random shitposting
>>
>>819777
>>819834
>>819854
very gay opinions from dumb idiots who can't hit headshots and think standing on a ridge bullying lone armour is engaging gameplay
>>
>>820464
>DAGR stops being able to 1hko at 20m
>Archer stops being able to 1hko at 90m

amazing advice, retard
>>
>>820466
in case it's not obvious, the dagr is extremely retarded and can't reliably kill shit at the range an amr is most useful at, and the archer is almost always better.

if this was your point I agree, but if you think the dagr is good you have silly brain syndrome and not enough neocortex.
>>
>>818044
>also he apparently cleaned up some red dot and acog sights and stuff, that's neat I guess
It's actually a neat idea to hider an actual player to look at stuff like and make small changes nobody else would ever thinkg of otherwise you just get patches pandering to metrics or reddit updooted posts.
>>
>>820468
Basically every single one of my points has been bringing up how the Archer outperforms the Dagr in every aspect except for unloading into a stationary sunderer or a vanguard that got stuck on a rock I or something.
>>
>>820470
those three posts I replied to all suggest the dagr has a niche, which is incorrect because there's no circumstance in the game where it's worth trading marginally faster ttk on armour for 70m of headshot potential.
>>
>>820472
The joke is the faster TTK isn't even really a faster TTK because by the time you reach that point they've long since driven away to repair or broke LOS completely ruining the entire notion of sustained dps which is all the Dagr has going for it, putting Archer back in front.
>>
File: 1650779521409.jpg (45 KB, 640x640)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>Random gunners
>On vulcan or aphelion
>>
>>792576
2 main weapons? what?
>>
Im still waiting for every fraction having their own vehicle design
>>
>>820783
Yeah, then Vanu can get flying colossi, right? Just ram a bastion midair.
They got rid of flying maxes just to replace them with flying MBTs
>>
File: file.png (164 KB, 513x488)
164 KB
164 KB PNG
>>820776
>>
>>820800
>ASP
yeah, im not getting that
>>
>>820803
based 120 purist
>>
>>819746
Dagr has the least falloff, it should be better at extremely long ranges where chip damage is a waste of time anyway. Personally i run shortbow

But to answer your actual question wrel balances the game around emerald and emerald NC are fucking retards apparently. He doesnt care how fucking broken the game is for individual players so long as the win/loss ratio on his pet server stays balanced
>>
>>820932
Emerald NC are actually retarded. NFFN is the only big outfit that's remotely competent, and even they just park a platoon on point with no notion of crossfire.
>>
>>820968
>With no notion of crossfire
I was running around as stalker infil last week and saw an NC getting shot from around a corner, so I decloaked to stab him in the back for gun game.
Turns out it was just more NC
>>
eubros, cobalt or miller?
>>
>>821325
if vanu miller, if TR or NC cobalt
>>
Anyone know the conversion rate for a jewbreak monthly sub in bongaloid pounds? the site only gives it in dollars and no idea what their conversion rate is
>>
File: file.png (325 KB, 1086x645)
325 KB
325 KB PNG
>>821461
>>
I hate VS so much its unreal
>>
File: Spoiler Image (965 KB, 1017x1167)
965 KB
965 KB PNG
took somebody long enough to brute force that last one, enjoy the epic loot this one is only a bit more difficult

AZ9G
XT3E
2NCA
K33G
>>
>>822033
Thanks, anon.
>>
>>822033
is this the prime stuff?
>>
File: file.png (11 KB, 615x106)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
uhhhhh girls?
>>
>>822385
shut up wrel. post the patch notes or fuck off.
>>
so far seems good
>>
>>822477
patch notes?????????????????????????????????
>>
>>822630
https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/jan-31-2023-love-letter-pts-update.260538/
>>
File: file.png (9 KB, 344x122)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
>>822769
tribes chads
we've won....
>>
>>822778
impulsegods, we're eating good the presumable night of february 8th, 2023
>>
>>822769
>Sunderer to Sunderer no-deploy exclusion radius from 65m to 50m.
This is absolutely fucked and will make deathball meta even worse than it is now. Oshur specifically is going to be complete shit because of that.
>>
>>823004
you have cheap impulse nades and C4 dont you? go get the white camo
>>
>>823004
???????? Sunderers are already swiss cheese fairy magnets, it won't change shit.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.