[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: mistlands2.jpg (254 KB, 1920x1060)
254 KB
254 KB JPG
Mistlands update is up.

Gameplay trailer: https://youtu.be/cZOuBjvETR8
Animated trailer: https://youtu.be/TyHAvmBKK50

Previous Thread: >>657052
>>
havent played the og version, is it ok to start with the new update right away?
>>
>>772140
Mistlands is the new endgame biome, meant to be played after the Plains. It generates relatively far off from the center of the map where you start, in the Meadows.

So yeah, fine to start with it right away. It will be a while until you get to the new content.
>>
Is this a parody trailer or something? Fucking atrocious. Is this an indie videogame or the latest Marvel/Capeshit trailer?
>>
>>772148
the devs just really like to spend their millions on anything except development costs.
>>
They did a real good job hiding how ugly the game is in that trailer.
>>
>>772155
Are you talking about mistlands or the game in general?
I haven't tried this update yet but I like how the first 5 biomes look tbdesu.
>>
>>772157
>muh intentionally pixelated rEtRo look
i am voimt
>>
fandom is so fucking dogshit
>>
do we have a new mistlands 4chan server?
>>
File: th-21062204.jpg (36 KB, 474x402)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>772246
Password: rage
Just updated to the main branch (seems like they moved the same build from beta to main).
The game's been running for a while, but let me know if you guys want a reset.
>>
>>772162
what the fuck are you talking about? the game isnt even pixelated at all
>>
File: 1667772874090.jpg (18 KB, 600x600)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>772162
>>
File: 1667440679714146.jpg (90 KB, 824x983)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
>>772247
Is the server still fairly active?
I'm considering joining this weekend.
>>
>>772262
meant for >>772258
>>
>>772247
Did they change anything in the swap from beta to main?
>>
>>772271
Server has been slow but steady on the test branch which preserved progress to the live patch. If you're jumping back on bring a geared character or youll have a rough time. unless the admin decides to reset
>>
>>772427
admin here, it isn't up to me really but more of if there's a consensus in the thread
>>
>>772574
I don't mind either way so long the map is relatively untouched.
>>
File: cheering for you.gif (50 KB, 237x400)
50 KB
50 KB GIF
>>772574
I won't ask you to reset shit since I don't currently play on it but if you do say something here so I don't have to play with the Valheim Discord server people.
>>
Is there a portal hub anywhere
>>
>>772425
bruh
err all I know is one new monster relatively recently
do you know how long ago beta was?
>>
>>772425
they added different looking hidden doors in the new dungeon ones without the dvergr marks
>>
>>772847
that sentence is barely comprehensible
he asked about the swamp, idk what mistland dungeons have to do with that
>>
The patch says fishing update. Does this mean there are fishing mechanics.
>>
>>772895
Fishing:
* New fish types (Trollfish, Giant herring, Tetra, Grouper, Anglerfish, Pufferfish, Magmafish, Northern salmon & Coral cod) and craftable baits for each biome (Mossy, Sticky, Cold, Stingy, Misty, Hot, Frosty & Heavy)
* Fishing is now a skill that improves stamina use and pull speed
* Fish can now be picked up and mounted on item stands, or can be made into raw fish at the cooking station instead
* Fish can now be different sizes that give more raw fish
* Fish now follow the waves’ movement
* Fish can now jump over the water, and flop around on land
* Fish now appear in ice caves
* Correct key hints will be shown when fishing
>>
>>772902
Are there rods or hand lines or anything or are you still running through the shallows picking them up with your bare hands?
>>
https://twitter.com/Valheimgame/status/1600487539311345665?t=eqAMoaULdq6Pk0RKBLZs0A&s=19
How many shirts do we have to buy before they'll finish the game?
>>
>>772907
rod has been a thing for a long time now from the trader
>>
>>772863
>swap
>swamp
ptsd from mining iron? niggerlands came out of public testing and is in the main game
>>
3 Bonemasses. Too easy.
>>
>>773041
hooooooooly
please call me a fucking faggot for that lmao
I swear I read it more than once and read it as swamp every single time
I'm so sorry
>>
>friends invite me to play velheim
>They finished all the content
>see no reason to "join them" as I wanted to play the game
>new update comes out
>say I'll play if they do a fresh start
>they agree they want to
>rolls around
>2 of them brought old characters and gear
>third dumped his gear but kept character (im okay with this)
>mention this isn't really a fresh start
>one immediately gets snippy
>"I'm not starting fresh, it will take months"
>they keep @ing me on discord saying when they are all playing
>Still using end game gear and basically exploring the new stuff while im still on the starter island doing my thing
I'm so fucking mad.
>>
>>773238
the Terraria-style "carry your shit over" is cancer, it needs to stop.
>>
>>773238
your friends are faggots
>>
File: 1669319643630533~2.png (1.09 MB, 1079x1080)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB PNG
>>773238
that sucks anon, the game is grindy so I understand not wanting to start from scratch but why invite someone saying it's a fresh start?
if you can, try to find someone with the same (lack of) experience with the game as you, it really is more fun when your whole group discovers the game and the world at the same pace.
>>
>>773238
For me it's either the "Hey, we need leather, anyone see any boars kill 'em" after I took the time to make a nice boar pen, or the "Hey, anyone have meat to grill for food?" after I took the time to make a nice farm.
Those people don't deserve us

Also I wish there was a server setting that banned outside equipment/material to prevent the snot-nosed cake-eaters from bringing in their outside shit
>>
>>773301
first time around when you have no idea what awaits is the comfiest Valheim experience; the sense of wonder, discovery, base growing organically to fit your needs, etc
but on the second lap, you know the grind and you suddenly plan everything, and just try to speedrun to the new content
>>
>>773297
>>773238
You can always fuck off into the wilds and develop your own character to catch up. They shouldn't affect your progression unless they hang Yagalulth's head and summon Furlings into your meadow.

Point is, your friends want to play new content and you are months behind. You need to catch up and ask them to dump you a shitty bronze pickaxe or something or you can't play with them.
>>
>>773359
>agree to fresh start
>its your fault your behind when everyone agreed to a fresh start
reading hard bruh
>>
>>773354
>base growing organically to fit your needs
you can't imagine how much I want to have this again.
I started a new world for this update and I'm really trying to take my time and enjoy the game like if I was playing for the first time but it's never truly the same.
you build a house in the meadows at early game and you can't help to plan where you will place some end game crafting station or whatever.
>>
>>773363
Yeah they lied to you. Anyways they should give you an Iron pick and axe, unless you want to take longer farming. I beat yagluth on single player before i even started online.
>>
>>773363
>>773410
Anon, did you honestly think your friends would be willing to waste hundreds of hours with you to baby sit your ass through the hobo phase when they could be having fun with the new content.

They joined you to act as backup or guides to help pave the way to the Mistlands first, not fellow masocists other than that one guy. If you really did convince them, they would have done what to asked.
>>
>>773238
It's legitimate to bring 2 iron so you can build with stone. Maybe bring a bronze axe. More than that is being a faggot.
>>
>>773621
This is reasonable, unless the server is old and the home island is stripped.
>>
You should be able to auto pick up cold eggs desu
>>
Think I'm heading towards the boss next.

Kept playing on my main character that is melee only.
For equipment I previously went
Abyssal Razor>Silver Knife>Black Metal Knife
Stagbreaker>Sledgehammer
Crystal Battleaxe

Battleaxe wasn't very good, but before Mistlands Dagger+Sledgehammer were amazing.
Most things die quickly to the dagger, and it pairs well with a shield to stagger with, and getting the special attack backstab in does insane amounts of damage.
So I was a bit disappointed to see that the mistlands dagger is a 2h, since backstab opportunities aren't as common in the mistlands, and the stagger block feels more crucial.
Really nice to get a 2h hammer upgrade finally.
Ended up going for the sword to go with my shield, not sure about the 2h sword yet, but it's cool variety if nothing else.
Haven't died yet in the Mistlands, but had a few close calls, the terrain+visibility works well with the enemies.

Killing drakes with sledgehammer or dagger is super easy, but the Gjall are a bit trickier.

With this character I've only died once, last year in the swamp to a 1 star draugr archer.
>>
>>773238
god this happens way too often
>>
Which foods do you like?

I mainly consider effort, but not only.
Like pre Mistlands honey is king, requires no maintenance like farming/foraging/hunting and they're just there to grab more from.
Once Plains feels safe, then patches of Cloudberries are very quick and easy to forage, I have like a portal set up near a bunch of them, and can just run between them and get loads of them.
With 2 star tamed boars, their meat is quick, so boar jerky is also decent.

I used to use a lot of sausages, because thistle is so easy to forage, and you only need 1 for 4 sausages, and the meat is almost free thank to taming.
The problem is the entrails, and I don't think the farming by a draugr spawner is really that quick.
Maybe if your base by an old draugr village, and then have tamed wolves killing them as they spawn automatically or something, but I never bothered with that.

I farmed very little when I played through the game singleplayer and killed Yagluth, but I've been more careful with mistlands and getting back into farming a bit.
Barley is great to farm of course, since you can use a 2h hammer weapon to harvest.
I'm not sure about the other stuff though.
I've been using salads, 1 onion, 1 cloudberry and 1 jotun thing, for 3.
Cloudberries are so abundant so they're almost free in effort, but then I have to farm the other two things. If farming 1 non barley item is worth 1 Effort, then Onion Soup which costs 3 Onions, has an Effort Cost of 3, or 3EC.
Cloudberries have less than 1 Effort, but not sure how little, but that would put 3 Salads at a cost less than 3EC, while 3 Onion Soups cost 9EC, so way way more efficient.

Curious about maybe timing myself to see how quickly I can farm 50 onions, or 50 wheat or whatever, and figuring out this out more what is worth the effort.

In mistlands I've also been using lox meat pies, since they're pretty free with tamed loxes, then I've often used meat platters, but I don't think they'd be sustainable.
>>
I have an abundance of seeker meat currently, I should just grill stacks of it.
Maybe long long term it wouldn't feel efficient, but I'm not close to running out of it, unlike misthare meat, where I'd need to put effort into hunting for them, but then I'd probably get chickens going and can just cook those instead.

I think Loxmeat Pie+Salad+Cooked Seeker Meat will turn into my standard mistlands adventure grub.

Future standard chill/build grub for me might be
Honey+cooked chicken+boar jerky
>>
>>774229
>Battleaxe wasn't very good
Are we planning the same game? The Crystal Battleaxe is amazing. Probably the most versatile weapon in the game. You can easily parry (or stun with the poke) anything and kill it in a couple swings. Not sure how well it does against seekers since I haven't tried it in the Mistlands yet, but all the previous biomes are a cakewalk with the axe.
It also frees up inventory slots since you don't need a shield or woodchopping axe. Also very handy for demolishing stone structures you find if you're not carrying around a stonecutter at all times.
The Krom is my new favorite weapon just because I'm a sucker for greatswords, otherwise it would still be the Crystal Battleaxe.
>>774310
Sausages and onion soup mostly, until I get a steady supply of wolf skewers and bread.
>>
>>774327
>planning
Playing.
I fucking hate phoneposting so much.
>>
>>774327
>Are we planning the same game? The Crystal Battleaxe is amazing. Probably the most versatile weapon in the game. You can easily parry (or stun with the poke) anything and kill it in a couple swings. Not sure how well it does against seekers since I haven't tried it in the Mistlands yet, but all the previous biomes are a cakewalk with the axe.
I thought it was kind a fun, but in most cases pre-mistlands I felt like I was better off using the sledgehammer or just the dagger.
Dagger might be super good tho, so maybe that's not fair.
Dagger sucked against Yagluth tho, so that's the one point where I actually used the battleaxe.
My problem with the Crystal Battleaxe, is the slow windup and combo, which could leave me vulnerable in fuling hordes. Maybe that's a skill issue on my end, like I wasn't starting the attacks early enough.
It's not as bad as the Atgeir when it comes to elevation, but I think that still was sometimes an issue, which is one of the reasons I love the 2h hammer, it has great reach up and down too.
>The Krom is my new favorite weapon just because I'm a sucker for greatswords, otherwise it would still be the Crystal Battleaxe.
it's really cool and familiar to the 1h sword, which was what I mostly used my first playthrough, back when I played multiplayer.
Really happy they added that, for variety if nothing else.

For effectiveness I think I'm leaning towards the 2h hammer, even the Sledgehammer I found useful in situations in Mistlands, so getting the Demolisher with a double increase in damage felt amazing.

I haven't tried Atgeir+Spear+1h hammer or 2h daggers in mistlands so not sure about those.
I remember spear being pretty quick, so maybe it's a better choice over the sword for doing block stagger then attack.
>>
>>774310
Berries are definitely more effort than farmables. You have to walk and there's a limited amount you can pick up in one go. Meanwhile for onions, I planted 200 of them on my meadows farm and am set forever. Meanwhile I'm running low on berries because they are used in meads and colorful banners.
>>
>>774331
>which could leave me vulnerable in fuling hordes
Fuling hordes is where the battleaxe shines best bro, at least in my experience. I'm using the mod that lets me actually hit where I'm aiming though so that might make a difference, since elevation doesn't cuck me to death.
Maybe our play styles are just different too, I like to go in like an unga bunga retard and just swipe the whole horde at once with the big fuckoff cleave that the axe has.
The poke is also enough to stun normal goblins, so use that for crowd control.
>>
>>774386
>I'm using the mod that lets me actually hit where I'm aiming though so that might make a difference, since elevation doesn't cuck me to death.
oooh that would be so nice for Atgeir.
I haven't messed with mods, but stuff like that, and more attack moves has a lot of potential, especially if the enemy attack movement and moves were expanded. a
>>
>>774345
This stuff makes me kind of wish we could actually grow our own berry bushes without mods.

Made worse because there have been too many times where I've lost bushes because a troll decides to start shit with me or something.
>>
File: 1625623821899.jpg (200 KB, 2000x2000)
200 KB
200 KB JPG
>>774586
This shitty fucking game could use about 100+ QoL changes, all of which modders figured out in less than a month. The devs are extremely incompetent and think that tedium=challenge. 18 months for a new biome and 0 changes to the older biomes or game mechanics. What a fucking joke
>>
>>774586
I like that there are two different mechanics, foraging and farming.
I think further into the game, these foragable berries should be for potions and such rather than foods though, or have better ratios, like say you'd need Raspberries for a Biome6 food item, but you only need 1, then 2 Biome6 items, and you get 4 food items from it, like a good ratio that you have for thistle and sausages.

Really sucks when bushes get destroyed though. I wish they'd respawn when destroyed in the same place, at the very least.
>>
>>774594
So, what mods do you use? For me it's

QuickStack
CraftFromContainers
SimpleRecycling_Fixed (pretty much only installed it to recycle my superfluous stone axes and torches)
MoreSlots (plain necessity if you want to carry food and mead without micromanaging your slots or build chests everywhere)
AutoMapPins_with_Configuration (essential for me, can choose whether to save pins)
FarmGrid

And some minor mods that are semi-cheating, which I only enable for creative or when serpent scales fall into water.
>>
>>774601
not that anon but I tend to use:
>EquipmentandQuickslots
>Quickstack
>PlantEverything
>Farm Grid
>Sated
>ItemStacks
>Nonrestricted portals
>Simple Rescycling
>TrashItems (this really should be a base feature because I don't need so manyt fucking trophies or withered bones/ancient sneeds/etc.)

I'm pretty sure on a casual scale of 1-10 I hit like a 90.
>>
>>774601
>>774624
How does QuickStack and EquipmentandQuickslots work?

I'm generally anti what most people call QoL mods, but maybe those are okay for me.

>TrashItems (this really should be a base feature because I don't need so manyt fucking trophies or withered bones/ancient sneeds/etc.)
I feel like the obliterator works for that.
Personally I just like storing everything so for me it's not a big issue.
Assuming TrashItems is just a way to delete items? Or is it a way to avoid picking them up at all? If so that's cool.
>>
File: 1619152852947.jpg (362 KB, 800x1278)
362 KB
362 KB JPG
>>774642
It's a delete items thing. So far the only boss I've been interested in fighting twice is Eikthyrn since he makes an awesome wallmount (Bone mass is fucking ugly and Elder looks more like something to wear as a mask) so I tend to toss boss-summoning regents.

As far as EaQS goes, it basically just gives you five dedicated slots for your armor and accessory that are worn, freeing up five slots in inventory along with three keyed quick slots for item usage, primarily food items.
>>
>>774642
>QuickStack
You map it to a key (` by default, I use Q) and it stacks your inventory items to an opened or nearby chests that contain the same item (or item category for trophies). Ammo and consumables are excluded by default, but you can change that in the config. Works well in combination with craft from containers.
I'm so used to both features from playing Terraria that I needed them here too.
>EquipmentandQuickslots
As the other anon said, it essentially gives you eight more dedicated slots, three of which are hotkeyable. I prefer MoreSlots as it doesn't mess with the interface as much.
>>
>>774624
what does Sated do?
>>
>>774679
basically reduces how much health and stamina benefits from food degenerate.

https://valheim.thunderstore.io/package/Crystal/Sated/1.1.5/

They explain the formula here and I suck at math.
>>
Man I wanna build with the new materials but the game seems awfully stingy with them.
>>
>>774815
bleh, feels like the new world gen is fucking stingy with swamps too.
>>
weird, my world rolled back

I played for like an hour earlier today, sailed towards the queen, set up two portals, put down lanterns and killed a bunch of things.
Logged out.
Then as I got back into the game I saw that my portal wasn't connected, figured a gjall destroyed it, so tried my backup portal, but that didn't work either.
Then I saw my ship still where I left it before I went on my trip.
Character wasn't rolled back.

Singleplayer btw, and there was no issue logging out earlier, so weird.
>>
Can I cheat my stats to perfection (without anyone noticing). I'll bring him in to servers naked and all that jazz, but I dislike grinding stats.
And yes, I will grind stats. The 'tism compels me. I have more fun making nice little farms and houses, but I cannot relax when there are progress bars to fill.
>>
>>775035
naeh host can see it
>>
>>775028
did you log out properly or alt f4 without letting it save properly?
were you connected to the internet?
>>
>new update drops
>its the weekend
Where the fuck is everyone?
>we played in the tests already
Absolute scum
>>
>>775101
pretty sure I just logged out normally.
Didn't lose much progress, like an hour.

I was preparing for the mistlands boss...
the terrain and visibility is a big problem in mistlands, so figured I'd put out a lot of lanterns around the boss summoning place, I also filled in a lake so I wouldn't get pushed into it... only to learn that you fight the boss inside a dungeon...
Gave up on the fight for the night, since I ran out of rested bonus twice and had to go back out, melee only run
>>
>>775128
..what did you think was the boss summoning area?
>>
>want to get to the new content
>spend an autistic amount of time building shit instead
Should I be rocking fenris or padded shit for mistlands?
>>
>>775210
The location on the map, like the 5 previous bosses.
>>
Do the manlets ever calm down if you upset them? I'd like to build in one of their outposts and keep them around, but I'd have to destroy their ward to do that.
Is my only option to bring a bunch of seekers over to smash it and hope the tower doesn't get fucked?
>>
>>775074
Lame.
>>
>>775332
Shit hits pretty hard. Unless you're confident you can dodge everything it's rough without it.
>>
File: TestGjall.webm (2.78 MB, 1280x720)
2.78 MB
2.78 MB WEBM
On my melee character.

Before mistlands I mainly used the dagger, and switched to sledgehammer a bit, and rarely battleaxe.
Since I couldn't combo the dagger with a shield I waited with crafting the 2h dagger in mistlands, since I felt the block was pretty important, but while fighting this Gjall, I realized I was mostly just dodging, and trying to jump attack it with the 2h sword or the 2h hammer anyway, so figured the extra speed with the dagger would be useful here.

I've killed a few Gjall's before in melee, by using the terrain, even before the feather cape, but none went this smoothly.
I've gotten on top of them before too, and starting smashing it with the hammer but it shook me off it then.

Happy to see the dagger still has a place for me.
>>
>>775105
I'm just playing on my own world for now.
I tried joining the server but I saw that you've already more or less completed the game so I'm gonna wait for a reset before I play again.
>>
>>775341
when there wasn't any kind of altar?
>>
>>775603
Yes that's the place
>>
>>775341
>>775612
You retarded?
>>
>>775636
No anon, is there anything else?
My story wasn't that complicated.
>>
>>775659
You cant even read english
>>
>>775661
No that's not the issue here anon.
>>
>>773238
>friend mentions wanting to host a server so we can start fresh and play mistlands
>tfw mistlands hits testing thanksgiving week
>friends boots up server
>tfw was away from my apartment for that week
>come back and they've already done everything
i dont blame them but i dont even want to hop back on at this point
>>
>>775688
Play mistland with mods when they all update then, even if you can't do it with friends.
>>
>>775688
>i dont blame them but i dont even want to hop back on at this point
yeah sometimes the timing just sucks.
And Valheim is kinda like Terraria, so when people have done the content it's not as fun to continue.
Like you can still chill and build stuff, but not as great when you don't something to work for.

I'm not entirely sure what elements make it that way.
Like it feels a bit better in Valheim to continue post-content, than in Terraria.
But it's still nowhere as good as it is in Minecraft.
>>
>>775451
I think there is only one person who is near end game on the whole server fully kitted with its gear.
>>
Can't connect to the server. How do I find out whether it's because of my network configuration, enabled mods or because I'm running a pirated version?
>>
>>775444
fuckin A
>>
>>772246
is it the same like the old server with Shekelberg and all? Loved to just log in every once in a while, walk around and look at people's houses
>>
File: 1631204160816.png (1001 KB, 850x850)
1001 KB
1001 KB PNG
>>772134
Random wishlist of additions from a newbie at this game (only got past bonemass).

>Each forsaken boss defeated permanently increasing your HP, Stamina, and weight carry limit by 5, 10 , and 10 respectively capping at a 5 stack.
Mostly because I'm admittedly a faggot who feels all progression being gear/item base just feels off.

>Add goat/rams and aurochs to the game from which we can get horns, milk, and wool (also be able to get antler and bone from deers, maybe?)
Mostly because crafting so many fabric things from leathers feels weird. Also would be nice to have a bed nicer than the base bed before you can make a dragon bed. Also weird we can't get antlers from deer.

>Being modifications to boats/ships
Such as bronze/iron/black metal ramming prows that can deal damage to enemies we hit in water/reduce damage from running aground. A simple cabin/canopy over the rudder area to keep you sheltered from the rain, a deployable dregging net to pick up stuff from the bottom of the sea and all that.

>controllable base defenses
Ballista, catapults, that kind of thing. Something to make trolls know regret. Or use them as siege weapons against your friend's bases.

>improve fist skill so each rank in it increases not only damage but attack speed by 1% per-rank.
self explanatory. Maybe and just maybe include 'reduce stamina use per-attack' for each rank. But that might make fists too good.

>Remove water damaging structures
Or at least make some wooden fixtures so we can make docks that don't constantly degrade?

>Alt-attack for hand-axes
A downward swing where it hits at your feet like a pick axe, the idea is that it's not meant to be an attack but help you cut logs or stumps stuck in odd angles.

>Add flame drakes, and make both fire and ice drakes tameable.
Either to be used as a mount or just having them as a fighting companion like wolves.
>>
>>776297
>A downward swing where it hits at your feet like a pick axe, the idea is that it's not meant to be an attack but help you cut logs or stumps stuck in odd angles.
They added that in the last big update.

>Ballista, catapults, that kind of thing. Something to make trolls know regret. Or use them as siege weapons against your friend's bases.
That exists late in progression.

>Add flame drakes, and make both fire and ice drakes tameable.
>Either to be used as a mount
ew
>>
i forgot how tedious this game is
it's an mmo-tier grindfest without the mmo
how did this ever get popular?
>>
>>772134
nice they updated the game!
reinstalled it but I'll have too play tomorrow
>>
>>776297
>flying mounts
Absolutely not. While riding a drake would be cool, it would also completely invalidate ships. And if you try to limit their usefulness then there's no point in adding them in the first place.
Hatching their eggs and having tamed drakes around your base would be great though, to deal with the faggot wild drakes who do constant bombing runs on your mountain bases.
If they're gonna add more mounts they should start with horses in the meadows so you have a faster way to travel on land or something to help pull heavy carts.
>>
>>776305
>They added that in the last big update.
What? Holy shit, nice!

>That exists late in progression.
Oh, cool, are they player controllable?

>ew
oh, c'mon, flying mount would be cool. But also understandable it could ruin a lot of things. I stand by tameable drakes though (good lord, would it be helpful to have them as aerial protection against other drakes) and fire drakes being added (I mean, its tradition for dragons to breathe fire)

>>776311
It's minecraft meets skyrim with a bit of Elden Ring, all three of which are massively popular concepts.

>>776317
>Horses
Okay, yeah, that'd be cool. Big question would be should you use a saddle or a chariot for driving them? You think both could be swung with their own advantages and disadvantages?
>>
>>776320
Unfortunately the ballista are auto turrets and they target everything including the player, so they are currently pretty terrible. Hopefully they patch it.
>>
>>776320
>Oh, cool, are they player controllable?
lol no. It's just an auto ballista that shoots anything that moves in front of it. Including you.
>Big question would be should you use a saddle or a chariot for driving them?
Saddle. Chariots stopped being used centuries before the viking age, so I don't see them making any kind of sense over saddles. And driving a chariot would just be a pain in the ass.
>>
>>776333
fair enough, though as far as anachronisms go, should that be too big a concern? I'm pretty sure Valheim has more than a few things from outside the "Viking Age" of Nordic nations even discounting magic. Though admittedly these are not that the technology wasn't available so much as, to my knowledge, the Vikings didn't make use of it. Big examples being the ballista, the maces/hammers, and the tower shield.
>>
>>776336
>should that be too big a concern?
Well there's also the fact that chariots are pretty useless outside of flat, open terrain, which there isn't a whole lot of in this game.
>>
how much refined eitr do I need to craft and upgrade all carpace armor and cape?
>>
>>776320
>I stand by tameable drakes though
Yeah that has more potential.

I think flying is a thing that seems good, but usually makes the game feel a lot less cool when you finally get it.
Like the most fun I've in Ark, is when my friends and I specifically decided to remove flying mounts.

Sadly(for me), I do think they'll go that route and eventually add flying in Valheim.
>>
>>776343
>>
>>776333
>Saddle. Chariots stopped being used centuries before the viking age, so I don't see them making any kind of sense over saddles. And driving a chariot would just be a pain in the ass.
Thematically it could fit due to mythology, considering Thor's chariot.
Even tho, historically it wouldn't make much sense.
>>
>>776264
People definitely prioritized seeing new content over embellishing builds, and it's still a pretty new server so bases are a lot less developed. People are working on stuff though
>>
File: 1644971597342.jpg (314 KB, 1031x1890)
314 KB
314 KB JPG
>>776345
I think a decent way to mitigate utility of flight could be aided with a large suite of upgrades to ships in a future patch. Some stuff like upgrades I mentioned but I guess I'll put them into another greentext list:

>Upgrades to add ramming prows to karves and longships increasing their durability for when they run aground but also smash into a viable enemy. (also lets you break near-shore ore nodes)
>An upgrade that adds a canopy (raft/karve) or a full cabin (karve and longship) that protects you from the elements and for the latter and possibly larger ships let them operate as a mobile base of sorts.
>A dregging net to pick up loot off the sea floor (useful especially for those serpent scales)
>Upgrades for ship sails and rudder for increased speed, perhaps even an 'auto rudder' upgrade that basically lets a boat sail half-decently even against the wind.
>Onboard ship weapons like a ballista that can be loaded with regular bolts or the harpoon to reel something in (maybe even could be used to force Leviathans to stay surfaced for longer while you harvest their abyssal barnacles)
>New tier of ship: 'longer ship'
>Adding more content to stuff in the sea in general

And then if flight is added in the form of riding drakes, well, you get to fly, but we've already seen drakes aren't the fastest things in the air (fucking deathsquitos) and are kind of fragile, and definitely wouldn't have room for storage.
>>
>>772134
So how much new content is there? Did they add more procedurally generated buildings or locations? I remember the world being incredibly sparse and the dungeons all derivative low poly trash
>>
>>776501
>Did they add more procedurally generated buildings or locations?
Yes.

A good amount of content.
In terms of casual progression, maybe another 20 hours.
A good amount of stuff to play around with outside of just progression, a very different biome.

but if you just see the game as low poly trash previously Mistlands isn't gonna change anything for you
>>
>>775715
Valheim's progression is too heavily tipped towards "once you've done a thing once you never need to do it again" and that goes for bosses but also finding a lot of materials and shit. Like the length of the content is already a problem but even a bigger one is the breadth of the content. Each biome has fuckall to do. One visit to one version of said biome is almost always enough with a couple exceptions. There needs to be a lot more variety in the content within each biome so that you won't finding all that there is to do in Dark Forest in every single Dark Forest. They should also consider some sort of system that bumps up the difficulty of the early biomes as they get further from the center. Draugr villages in meadows are sort of this already but there needs to be more shit like that.
>>
>>776470
>Upgrades for ship sails and rudder for increased speed, perhaps even an 'auto rudder' upgrade that basically lets a boat sail half-decently even against the wind.
A while back when I was playing at ideas-guy'ing, I was thinking of a sidegrade ship made out of bones, possibly naming it Beinfar(variation of Naglfar), which would have a higher rudder speed, but lower wind speed, so a more reliable ship, but potentially slower ship.

More ship stuff would be nice.
Like the ramming stuff and onboard ballista could be really interesting.
I saw some dumb mod that made the raft buildable and you could add all sorts of stuff and I absolutely hate that, I've abused that to hell in Ark and that mod would remove all fun in the game for me in Valheim, but having some more subtler options for ships would be really cool.
Maybe the easiest way would be to add technically more ships that are very similar, like Longship and then there's Longship With Black Metal Ramhead, and the only difference is the black metal ramhead at the front and the ramming damage.

Like most importantly I want oars, and maybe a drum mechanic so you can have more fun on the boat in mp.
Can you fish from the boat now btw while it's moving? I think that wasn't a thing earlier.

Possibly removing "friendly fire" against boats for most weapons might be nice, so you could add more ship encounters where you fight with melee weapons, like Draugr Ships that attach to yours, so you jump around on the boats and fight in melee, or even dwarf, fuling or elf ships coming at you
>>
>>776519
>They should also consider some sort of system that bumps up the difficulty of the early biomes as they get further from the center.
Yeah I've had similar thoughts.
I was thinking maybe you could tie it to bosses beaten.
So adding +1 star to mobs for each boss beaten in outer biomes, not a great system, but something.

Another way to do it could be, let's say you divide the map into 3 sections, the inner circle which is normal, the second circle, and the 3rd outer circle.
Half of the black forest biomes, are actually technically another biome, maybe they're called the same, and you can't tell until you face the mobs, which are different, or maybe it's called "Black Forest *", maybe called the same, but the music is a bit different. Here instead of Greydwarves you have Svartalfr, or something like that.
3rd Outer circle could have 33% normal black forest, and then 33% "Black Forest *", and then 33% "Black Forest **".

To bring some joy to exploration, I was thinking you could use runestones for something else.
Like each runestone could give a tangible effect, and finding more of them can add to that. So going around and claiming runestones could be rewarding, even if you find a lame meadow far way.
>>
I wonder how long it would take to make scale replica Auschwitz on the server
>>
Is it worth setting up a dedicated server on the same machine I'll be playing on? I'd still only be running the server when playing since there's only two of us.
Just wondering if performance might be a little better by running the server as it's own process.
>>
>>776709
Performance is pretty much identical, so don't bother. Making a dedicated server is only useful if you want to let others play when you're not there to host the world normally.
>>
File: ideasguy.png (65 KB, 1654x761)
65 KB
65 KB PNG
I think serpentscale looks so cool, that if I could create an armor that has that pattern on it, but it has less armor than the equivalent armor, I would still make it.

Brief ideasguy'ing of what armors I'd add in the current stage of the game.
Thinking blackmetal armor as a big bulky armor, basically warhammer chaos warriors.

This wouldn't really change anything about the game's real problems, but I just think it might be neat.
Also just having some extra aesthetics for helmets. Like adding antlers/horns/tusks to them with trophies would be cool.

Thinking "Wet resistance" would maybe cut the effects of wetness in half.
Or, make it so you don't get wet in rainfall, only if you fall into a body of water, but maybe that's too good.
>>
>>774327
>The Krom is my new favorite weapon just because I'm a sucker for greatswords, otherwise it would still be the Crystal Battleaxe.
I ended up using Krom more and more, and even the daggers for Gjalls.

A really nice thing with Krom is that it's only got -5% movement speed, compared to -20% of sledgehammers and battleaxes.
Also sword+shield would give you -15% too.
So the 2h sword has a really interesting place imo.
For multiplayer I think the 2h sword would be a lot more popular for me.

For Seeker Soldiers I started using 1h sword+shield
stagger block, then triple hit or special hit
stagger block, and then run behind it and hit the weak point. Could sometimes get the 3 hit combo on the weak point that way, but usually just 1-2.
Not sure if that would be doable with the 2h sword, since part of what made it work was the freeze effect I think, but I guess switching is an option, and 2h would have more movement speed.
>>
>>777015
>Not sure if that would be doable with the 2h sword
I think you can just jump on top of the soldiers after a parry to get to their asses
>>
>>777080
oh neat
>>
File: benis in bagina.jpg (23 KB, 288x302)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
where the valheim memes @
>>
File: haldor.jpg (88 KB, 996x674)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>>777102
yeah I stole it
>>
>>776881
Thanks, saves me the hassle of testing it myself.
>>
File: Trolls.png (41 KB, 807x711)
41 KB
41 KB PNG
>>777102
In the archived /valg/ threads.
>>
>>777138
dang, archive is down atm

I loved the Odinposting, where he was checking in on his warrior, only to find him just building and farming
>>
Is being unable to teleport while carrying raw metal still a thing?
>>
>>777176
Yes
>>
>>777184
i sleep then
>>
>>777187
Just use a mod if you hate it that much. They're never gonna change it because it would make ships pointless.
>>
>>777188
You need ships to cross expanses, they wouldn't be irrelevant, plus people like them.
>>
holy fucking shit the game hates me, the Queen spawned on the most fucked up terrains with the whole biome being incredibly spiky rocks juttung out from water so it was a bitch to get to but th worst part is in 3 different big mistlands areas there were only 2 infested mines. Is just my seed fucked or is there a way to spot them more easily
>>
Any good mods for Valheim? Preferably fitting the feel of the original game. PlantEverything seems useful but what else?
>>
>>777284
>but th worst part is in 3 different big mistlands areas there were only 2 infested mines.
seems similar to my experience.

There are two different types of mines though.
One with a giant staircase leading up to an opening in the mountain, and the other in a small round building where the entrance is in the basement.
Looked like one of those towers but shorter, more like a bunker.
>>
>>774386
>I'm using the mod that lets me actually hit where I'm aiming
Which mod is that?
>>
>>777329
https://www.nexusmods.com/valheim/mods/727
>>
>>776709
you can try look into synchtrayzor
synchs folders between your pcs
>>
>blood magic gives 5 bubble health a level
could you get a 700 health bubble then?
>blood magic only levels up when your bubble breaks
well fuck this
>>
>>777188
or just log out and toss the items in a crate on a different world, log back in and teleport, log out and grab the items again then log back in to where you need the items.
If sailing was actually fun and not tedious and enraging as fuck i would not do this, they could at least make it worth it by adding more food ingredients in the ocean and items like driftwood or whales for blubber and oil. More sea monsters are needed too and bigger storms dangerous instead of fucking fog.
I should be looking for EXCUSES to GO sailing to fix in my schedule.
>>
how exactly does the ancient root regeneration works? One root regenerated to full and gave me the first text on "pulsing with power" but when I attached an extractor it just extracted to 10 sap and it was completely drained again
>>
>>777736
I'm not sure.
Seemed to be easy to get enough sap from just 2 roots for me though, I found a safe Mistlands biome early on, which had two roots, set down a portal there and hade one extractor I moved between them whenever one ran out.

Also, anyone else found these safe mistlands biomes, with no hostile mobs?
The first one I found was that, it was closer to the center than the rest I think. Pretty thin, had a dverg dock, some fog, trees, magecap, jotunberries, misthares, but never any seekers
>>
Do you guys die a lot?
I read a lot of people dying a shit ton, but I don't really.
>>
>>777820
normally no, maybe once per biome. Died in mistlands 5 times already one of which was from fall damage before getting the cape, gjall and seeker combos can destroy you in a second before you get the new armor and even then you're squishy. One star seekers and 2 stars are a terror
>>
>>777820
i only die when my idiot friend comes on and insists on being retarded
>>
>>777828
I had a lot of close calls in mistlands, but I managed to avoid dying.

My first encounter with enemies was terrifying.
A soldier and a 1 star seeker in very rough terrain, was worried about falling into water.
Then another 1 star seeker arrived and I had to run into the unknown(they destroyed my portal as I was trying to enter it).
Conserving stamina to dodge the seekers catching up to me, while jumping and running was a struggle, but ended up discovering a Dverg tower and the little homies saved me.

When you get inland more the low visibility and the pools of water are really dangerous imo.
I think I got below 20 health on 4 separate ocassions in mistlands.

I was lucky to never see a 2 star seeker.
>>
File: 1379391378_126646485.gif (1.66 MB, 220x190)
1.66 MB
1.66 MB GIF
>>777820
Still remember my very first death.
>cut down a tree
>it falls on my head
>>
>>777857
>my first death
>friends started playing valheim, I join them
>haven't played the game before, tell me to grab some stuff and get into the portal
>we fight stuff, I barely know the mechanics
>"I wonder how many hits I can get in before I need to block, lets try to get 3 hits in"
>die in 1 hit from the draugr
no idea if it was a champion, or a one star, if I had eaten good enough food(or food at all)
>>
>>777820
I did at the start, then seekers became like any other mob, however they are more dangerous in numbers and will surround you while hitting you in the back. At least there are no deathskitos for deathruns
>>
>>777831
>play with a friend
>he doesn't like grinding so don't get to upgrade armor before moving onto the next biome
>die in one shot
y-yeah
>>
I was thinking how rare biomes, rare mobs and some other rare things could make the exploration a bit more interesting in Valheim.

I ended up really liking the 2h sword in mistlands, and I don't think adding earlier craftable 2h swords is really the way to go, I like that there's not an equivalent for everything in each tier, that helps break up the monotony of the progression a bit, but being able to find a rare weapon in some playthroughs might be cool, like a Two Handed Silver Sword in the Swamp Era of progression.
Now the problem with rarity, is that autists will get absolutely fucking furious when they don't get 100% of everything in every playthrough, instead of adapting and just using something else, but these autists should be ignored. This is a common problem in Terraria discussions I've noticed, where people complain about a low % drop rate of something completely inconsequential.

Speaking of Terraria, the npcs can make bases feel a bit more lively, and that could be something that makes exploration more interesting even when you're done with past biomes.
Say you're in the plains era of progression, you could see a new swamp and still find it interesting, because you could find a kitchen npc there, and then make your cauldron work a bit faster as a minor reward.
>>
>>777891
I was thinking of doing something stupid next time I play multiplayer, especially if I play with friends who haven't played too much.
Like sticking to troll hide until padded or even until carapace, and only going for stamina foods, going all speed.
>>
>>777891
>i dont want to waste materials upgrading equipment we'll just discard it at the next tier anyway
>ahhh why am i taking so much damage and dying all the time
>>
File: Early game logging.webm (2.83 MB, 1280x720)
2.83 MB
2.83 MB WEBM
>>777820
Only really to dumb shit in the early game when I don't care much about dying.
After getting to the bronze age I rarely die unless I forget to eat and get one shot by a wolf or something.
>>
>>777897
>Like sticking to troll hide until padded
You haven't been? That's the only good way to play though i recommend the best shield for each biome
>>
>>778017
>You haven't been? That's the only good way to play though i recommend the best shield for each biome
Naeh I've always gone from Troll to Silver so far.
But I guess it isn't too necessary.
You barely get hit during the Moder fight unless you try to melee it only.
The rest of the mountain is handled pretty well in troll hide.

My worry is raiding a Fuling village for Flax, but it shouldn't be too hard I guess.
Especially if you only really go into the plains after you've spotted a flax village from your boat.
>>
>>778021
>My worry is raiding a Fuling village for Flax
How? You just run in and nab it while keeping an eye out for bugs.
>Especially if you only really go into the plains after you've spotted a flax village from your boat.
Gotta think with portals
>>
>>778024
>How? You just run in and nab it while keeping an eye out for bugs.
still feels risky, but I'll do it

I'mma do it solo next time I start solo
but it would be fun in mp, despite being easy, like having one guy just run through the village getting attention from everything while the other guy goes into loot.
>>
File: 892970_20221213012050_1.png (2.15 MB, 2560x1440)
2.15 MB
2.15 MB PNG
Ever since it was teased on the developer's twitter I was looking forward to building docks from this new wood. Pretty bummed out once I found out it's some kind of fake worldgen asset you can not build yourself and can break down into regular wood.
>>
>>778266
>fake worldgen asset
yeah that's a real shame.
I hate seeing ruins and buildings that you can't replicate in building games like this.
I hope that gets added eventually, like possibly as an option unlocked in an advanced wood workbench, like "Sawmill".
because god I don't want that to cost Yggdrassil wood
>>
>>778266
>>778274
>open world crafting/survival devs ever allowing a player to achieve their own majesty.

Next you'll want a Valheim version of world painter.
>>
>>778266
They've really been dropping the ball on the building side of the game since the beginning.
>>
File: feelsbad.jpg (37 KB, 750x658)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>772247
whats up guys, im depressed and my fiance left me, tired of rowing my longboat by myself, this is a public server with lots of ppl? everyone building shit?
>>
>>778837
There's at least 7 or 8 regulars right now working on projects. Server is post Yag so be ready for fulings everywhere. Come drown your romantic disasters in viking purgatory.
>>
>>778622
Meadows buildings are fine and I had a good time rebuilding them. When I settled into a black forest ruined tower, I naively thought I'd soon be able to properly patch up the holes in the walls. Vacated the place after a troll destroyed most of my stuff. Swamp was pretty bad with the tower ruins when I realized I can't build the stones at the angles they used there. Also no placing sweet ever-burning torches without build mods. Seeing Fuling villages destroyed me. Haven't gotten to Mistlands yet.
>>
>>778864
>Also no placing sweet ever-burning torches without build mods.
I don't mind that they cost resources, but it's tedious to refill 20 spots in my longhouse.
A fuel container that has twice the radius of a workbench, that automatically refills them(possibly with a discount if that's not too much to ask), so you can dump all your resin there and keep your base lit without manually refilling each spot.

Or you could explore and find a Resin Thrall, and putting him in your base does that.
>>
>>778864
comfy gizmo can currently be used on servers with a client side only install required to give you free, modifiable rotation. It's likely we'll get client side buildable dverger pieces via a mod as well servers seem to be pretty accepting of input from clients as long as the assets being used exist in the base game.

Annoying we have to mod it, but at least it's fixable.
>>
>>778892
I think part of why an auto-refill is hard to ask for, at least when doing single player is because, like minecraft, after a certain distance the game kind of doesn't check the ticks on map at least beyond making calculations since how long you've been gone.

I've noticed some structures I've built that go into water will last longer if I've been out exploring for a good while, probably because the game just doesn't track the damage and similarly recently checked on a berry bush in a part of my map I hadn't been too in over a week IRL and the berries still hadn't respawned. Sometimes even my lightsources, mostly my hearths, don't seem to burn through fuel as fast when I'm not at my main home.
>>
>>778932
oh hm, yeah maybe that's not as easy of a fix as I thought then
>>
>>778932
Time still passes even when you are away.

Inactive zones
The game keeps track of the last time since activity so actions can "progress" in inactive zones. The actions are executed when the zone becomes active.

Beehives, Blast furnaces, Charcoal kilns, Fermenters, Smelters, Spinning wheels and Windmills work.
Creatures regenerate.
Cooldown of spawners expires.
Offsprings grow up.
Tamed creature food expires.
Plants and trees grow up.
Berries and other pickables respawn.
Fireplaces and torches run out.
Surtlings from fire geysers respawn.
Dropped items despawn.
>>
File: Screenshot (592).png (2.79 MB, 1920x1080)
2.79 MB
2.79 MB PNG
>>778850
i havent reached endgame yet in singleplayer and dont even know what yag is, and only just recently encountered fulings. will playing online spoil stuff for me? i have iron armor/weps but those little goblin fucks still hit way too hard?
>>
>>778932
>structures I've built that go into water will last longer if I've been out exploring
what do you mean last longer? do you just mean where they degrade to 50%? water cant actually break wooden beams or pillars right?
>>
>>779382
Pretty sure every regular on the server has been through the main progression of the game at least once before. You'll certainly see materials and constructions you wouldn't have encountered yet, and may run into raids of enemies from biomes beyond your current progress. People will be happy to help you out, but it will probably spoil things for you.
>>
>>778864
I like the basics of the build system but they're missing a lot of pieces and some objects really need some snapping options for autism.

>>778932
You could even make it an object you gotta use or now that there's magic make it magic to refuel shit in a large radius.
>>
>>779382
>endgame
This game doesn't have any.
>iron armor
Upgrade or make the next tier asap. Learn to parry.
>>
>>779382
I see you're using a tower shield anon.
These are reliable, and require less skill, but they top off worse.

With non-tower shields you can time the parry to get an increased block power, which also staggers the enemy leaving them vulnerable to counter attack.
I suggest going for those in most circumstances.

I still go for Serpentshield for aesthetics tho, and at least that one has piercing resistance so it is kinda acceptable because of fuling javelin throwers.
>>
>>779408
I mean, the game has a fairly linear progression system and one can argue 'endgame' being beating the newest/hardest boss presently in the game.
>>
File: 1616127060900.jpg (17 KB, 400x300)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>772134
This shitty fucking game is unplayable without custom edits to V+ to almost completely remove the stamina system from existence. I hate lazy fucking scands so much it is unreal. I swear these faggots don't even play their own game. There is NOTHING fun about stamina management for literally EVERY FUCKING ACTION.
>>774594
This nigger hit the nail on the head perfectly. Give me and my 3 lads creative control and I'll have a better version in less than 6 months.
>>
>>779500
>This shitty fucking game is unplayable without custom edits to V+ to almost completely remove the stamina system from existence
lol
>>
>>779459
Fair enough but at the same time the content kinda ends. There's nothing to work towards after you've killed the last boss. Other than building. The biomes are so barebones that there's no point exploring them because by the time you kill a boss you've seen everything on that biome.
>>
>>774594
>>779500
They made the game tedious because it has no content. Each step of QoL makes people finish the game faster which leads them to discover faster that the game has no content.
>>
>>779386
that's right, only brings it down to half hp
>>
holy shit the the mistlands bug event doesn't fuck around, killed 30 onestar guard wolves before I could even react properly and the nproceeded to rape me
>>
>>779500
Go play another game then retard
>>
File: Screenshot (589).png (2.73 MB, 1920x1080)
2.73 MB
2.73 MB PNG
>>779408
havent even discovered the next tier after iron. although my first fuling kill dropped a tainted black iron scrap or something similar. what biomes after the swamp? mountains? plains feels too difficult atm. thanks for the help though
>>779424
ah yea i figured i'd be lazy and not bother with parrying, but as the above anon mentioned and now you too, i guess the tradeoff isnt worth it.... sigh i guess ill lrn2parry. appreciate the advice BROdin, kek get it?
>>780094
ok just making sure, got worried for a second there thanks
>>
>>780659
Mountains come after the Swamp. Felt like the game didn't do a good job showing that as most big mountains are surrounded by plains.
>>
File: knightly rally.jpg (1.1 MB, 1920x1200)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB JPG
>>779393
also thanks to you as well anon, guess ill be playing solo and skipping multiplayer.. cant have you deflowered lads spoil all the wonderous mystery for me
>>
File: Screenshot (593).png (1.98 MB, 1920x1080)
1.98 MB
1.98 MB PNG
>>780662
gotcha, yeah i was beginning to suspect that was the case after getting my ass thoroughly kicked
>didn't do a good job showing that
no it definitely didn't, and my map seed didnt help in pic rel, Bonemass's island is surrounded by plains so i assumed it was next. havent killed him cause i didnt want to build a portal in the shitty ass swamp
>>
>>780671
If you want a tip for Bonemass make an iron mace and some poison resistance and healing potions.
>>
>>777522
how is elemental magic leveld up?
is it per attack or total damage?
should i use ice or fire?
>>
How do I tame starred wolves without some stone golem coming in and fucking everything up? Both a 1-star and a 2-star got either killed or despawned.
>>
File: 75675467444675444.jpg (410 KB, 2560x1440)
410 KB
410 KB JPG
You guys need to take more time to see if Gjalls spawn in the area before making a base in mistlands. Half the mist portals have one floating right above.
>>
>>780671
alternate tip for bonemass
get the Sledgehammer, 2h mace, you need iron, ymir's flesh from merchant, and draugr trophy. If you walk backwards as you hit, you can avoid getting hit pretty reliably, also good for aoe against the adds.
>>
>>780712
>draugr trophy.
Draugr elite. Which only spawn from piles in sunken crypts or swamp graves
For maximum cheese, jump on the boss altar like I did here >>773091. Only the aoe will be able to hit you. Poison resistance mead is still advised.
>>
>Comfort from different carpets no longer stacks
Oh no bro
>>
>>780671
Just build a tree house and shoot it
>>
>>773621
>its legitimate
he says, as he cheats
>>
>>780700
Drag the wolves into a pit away from golem spawns and just hang out with them till tamed. Golems have long respawns and won't pop up on top of you.
>>
>>780709
Well the ptb patch needs them into the ground so this should be less of an issue soon.
>>
>>780306
No, the game is fun without shitty stamina. I'll continue playing the objectively better way and you can continue to cope & seethe while taking 5 hours to collect 100 wood.
>>
>>780839
Need it or sneed it?
>>
>>780827
Have fun hitting those stone walls with your flint axe.
>>
>>780839
>>780897

>the phone poster recoils "I've been found out."
>>
Balancing & Tweaks:
>Mistlands armour and shield recipes rebalanced and durability increased
>Staffs have rebalanced recipes and stats
>Ballista tweaks (Increased fire rate, sound effects added when shooting and losing sight of targets, tweaked targeting behaviour)
>Ballista ammo recipes made cheaper
>Mistlands Seeker event tweaked (It will no longer trigger in Meadows, Swamps, Mountains or Ocean. It will no longer spawn Seeker Soldiers and the amount of Seekers & Broods has been rebalanced)
>Seeker AI tweaks (They should now circulate a bit and not be on the player constantly to give them some time to catch their breath)
>Seeker Soldier and Gjall spawn rate tweaked (Was spawning quite frequently earlier. It’s now much similar to Troll spawns in Black Forest)
>Comfort from different carpets no longer stacks
>Gjall will now only shoot 1 projectile at a time instead of 2
>Hare running speed slightly decreased
>Tetra bait uses Fenring trophy instead of Ulv trophy
>Fish in mountain caves will respawn correctly, and small additional lake added
>Tuna also always takes ocean bait since it is in ocean as well
>>
Fixes & Improvements:
>Stutter fix when walking left with hoe or hammer equipped
>Fixed animation issues on dual knives idle and block idle
>Fixed a lighting issue with fog in black forest
>Fixed an error while viewing a character in the main menu that has a fish in its inventory
>Fixed an issue that could cause the Mistlands boss to escape (Sorry, Your Grace)
>Spawned skeletons will unsummon correctly after rejoining a network game
>Find console command shows absolute position rather than offset
>Mating hens no longer sound like boars
>Correct effects will now be shown when placing marble bench and table
>Music will fade out correctly for dungeons and locations when continuous music is turned off
>Some locations that had looping music will now only be played once
>Various networking changes to solve connectivity issues when using crossplay
>Sounds, music, animations and textures have been optimised to save around 485 Mb of RAM and to decrease the download size of Valheim by approximately 420 Mb
>>
>>781021
>Mistlands Seeker event tweaked (It will no longer trigger in Meadows, Swamps, Mountains or Ocean. It will no longer spawn Seeker Soldiers and the amount of Seekers & Broods has been rebalanced)
hm, a bit surprised.
Wasn't hard to deal with for me, I just went out and slaughtered them.
Though, I suppose they woud've torn through the buildings pretty fast so I kinda had to go out, while I could mostly ignore other events.
>Seeker AI tweaks (They should now circulate a bit and not be on the player constantly to give them some time to catch their breath)
I don't know about this.
Mistlands was harder, and I got really close to dying a few times, because of the terrain and my stamina was going low, while the seekers were constantly on me, and I couldn't easily avoid them and recover by cheesing the terrain.
..but before Mistlands I thought a big problem with the enemies was that they were prancing around too much, so it felt almost silly.
Maybe as a compromise I'd like, Old/Hard Seeker AI for multiplayer, and New/Easy Seeker AI for singleplayer.
>Gjall will now only shoot 1 projectile at a time instead of 2
meh, they're annoying, but cool.
Even melee only I thought they were fine, but threatening.
>Hare running speed slightly decreased
god dang they were hard to catch
I was considering terraforming a mistlands biome just for hare catching.
Not a problem-problem tho, kinda neutral on this.
>Tetra bait uses Fenring trophy instead of Ulv trophy
Haven't fished, but that looks like a good change.
>Sounds, music, animations and textures have been optimised to save around 485 Mb of RAM and to decrease the download size of Valheim by approximately 420 Mb
It's refreshing how efficient they are with size compared to other modern devs.
>>
>>780718
>Draugr elite. Which only spawn from piles in sunken crypts or swamp graves
ah dangit forgot that line
spawners in draugr villages can be a pretty comfortable atlernative too.
I completely missed that item when I first played through the game in mp, just because I never picked up a draugr elite trophy
>>
>>781097
Just read that as of the Mistlands update Ymir Flesh only is sold after beating Bonemass. So no more Iron Sledge or Frostner for the first time against it.
>>
>>781100
sandbox game, but only if you play the way the devs want you to :)
>>
File: TheProud1.3LaserCorps.gif (1.94 MB, 500x310)
1.94 MB
1.94 MB GIF
>>781100
Ah fuck that is lame.
It's a pretty niche thing so a weird change imo.
Like Frostner especially, since you need silver already for it, so it really feels like an anti-sledgehammer thing. That kinda sucks since it's still a bit of a work to get Sledgehammer at that point, you need a lot of iron, need to locate the merchant, need to get lucky(or grind) with the elite draugr trophy), and while I think the Sledgehammer is a top tier weapon, it doesn't seem like most people bother with it. It's fantastic in Swamp and great in mountains, but by the time of plains it's kinda lacking.
Fighting golems with it by hitting and moving just out of the golem attack is still gonna be cool, and the aoe is great against drakes, and also quite good vs wolves.
Other than knives the 2h hammer kinda became my favourite weapon.
I guess the stagbreaker does well enough against the rest of the swamp, so when I really think about it, it feel like an extremely specific nerf, the Sledgehammer vs Bonemass.

>>781104
I'm not entirely against changes like these, but not a fan of this one in particular.
Takes me back to 1.4 nerf of the laser guns in Terraria
>>
>>781121
or the reaver shark
or meteorite
or
>>
>playing with friend on private server
>he fucking cheats by going into single player and giving himself infinite resources such as iron and silver
>AFTER I multiplied drops by 5
>>
One more forsaken rejected. This mountain biome looks like shit now.
>>
the only fun part of this game is the beginning
>>
File: dhmis duck glitch.gif (540 KB, 498x280)
540 KB
540 KB GIF
Is it normal/common for the game to hitch every so often? Doesn't seem to matter where I am or what I'm doing.
I average around 70-90fps but every so often the game will hang for like 1 second, then continue as normal. I suspect maybe it's autosaving or loading something, but I don't know if it's something endemic like chunk loading in minecraft, or if it's something I can fix/improve.
>>
>>783067
Go to the valheim_Data folder in the game's file structure is a config file called 'boot'. The following is added to two new lines at the top of the config:

gfx-enable-gfx-jobs=1
gfx-enable-native-gfx-jobs=1

This fixed it for me.
>>
>>783133
I'll have to test it for longer to be sure but this seems to have fixed it, thanks anon.
>>
>>783147
Upon further testing it's still hanging once in a while, but it does seem to be significantly reduced. To the point that I'm not really bothered by it.

From what I read that config edit tells the game to move some tasks to the GPU rather than the CPU, which perhaps makes sense as my CPU is older than my GPU. Though I don't think it was stressing the CPU that much to begin with, so at least some of it is probably just early access jank.
>>
>>782993
Just like every survival game ever
>>
>>783067
Does it occur about every 30 minutes, is prefixed by a "World save in 30 s" message and have a floppy disk icon display in the corner. Yeah, that's normal. Otherwise, no such issues on my side.
>>
Beat the Queen beat the game.
Becoming a wizard is easily the best part.
It's a bit of a pain to set up with all its requirements. But once you're there, with all the quasi-magical stuff it already has, the game becomes one of the best wizard simulators ever made. Too bad it takes 200+ hours of vanilla gameplay to even get there.
>>
>>783257
No it's seemingly random. World save was my first thought but it doesn't appear related to that. I might try to record a video of it happening tomorrow.
>>
>>783265
what's the tactics for the queen, what are her weaknesses and what kind of magic is best to focus on? Any resistance potions good against her? Most of my mistlands biome spawns were shit and poor so me and a friend got a lot of the equipment late so I didn't have a chance to experiment with magic. Should I just go to plains and farm some fulings to get the magic skills up?
>>
>gjall just spawns outside the queen dungeon and gibs me and my portal when the boss is below half hp
>>
>>783285
sledge the boss through the walls by the dungeon entrance
>>
>>783333
is she that annoying that people are resorting to cheesing?
>>
>>783265
So how do you re summon the queen you nigger? It was already in there just by opening the sealed door.
>>
>>783374
Also im gonna grief the shit out of your base if we cant re summon it
>>
>>783285
I took a long time with the fight because I really didn't want to die, but the parts of it that seemed efficient to me were
>bonemass+swinging the 2h sword like crazy
at one point she had me pushed into a corner and I thought I was gonna die, and I was doing that with the 1h sword and her hp was going down fast, but I had to spam jump along the wall to free myself
>2h hammer, at the very top, next to the staircase
As she tries to get up on the staircase, she turns to attack you, but can't hit you, while you can hit her, you get a few hits in before she starts moving again tho
>putting down a couple of wisp torches for visibility
>>
>>783374
there's an altar at the top after you've beaten her
>>
>>783374
>>783381
do it pussy i don't have to play this unfinished game for another year anyway and what this guy >>783383 said you need soldier trophies for it
>>
File: 20211202232935_1.jpg (202 KB, 1920x1080)
202 KB
202 KB JPG
used to host a server when there was just enough interest for a /vg/ thread
anyone still around from then?
ezyrals, eivikson, esheim, woop, anyone?
>>
File: 20220220131356_1.jpg (628 KB, 2560x1440)
628 KB
628 KB JPG
>>783467
hey long time no see! I think at least some of us are still around
woop here
>>
>>783467
Ye I'm still around, I just don't have much time to play these days due to waging, so I just lurk here instead.
t.Eivikson
>>
>>783467
es/ez here always lurk these threads and whatever server is up.
>>
this is what I like about /vm/
people lurking and playing with eachother
unlike the fucking zomboid thread
I like the game but the both the cunts running the servers and players are insufferable
>>
i live in SEA if any lurkers want to start fresh.
>>
>>772134
>playin a fresh start solo to grind my way back to mistlands
>taking my sweet time, got a full set of bronze everything before hittin the swamps
>get a bunch of iron and sail back home
>food buffs running out as ship arrives, start to unload it
>the ground is shaking
>hah, this will be easy, I have bronze armor and abyssal razors
>immediately fuck up the parry and get yeeted
>trolls blow up my cart, my docks, and my staircase
>>
>>783544
don't want to play rn
epic valheim and a bunch of other mods are still updating
>>
>>783280
Here's 3 clips of it happening. I did notice in playing for a bit that it always seems to happen when approaching my base when returning from afar, but also happens when I'm already in the base, or far away from the base. So maybe it's tied to objects/entities loading in.

I recorded these playing on a cloud hosted dedicated server with only myself logged on, but it does the same thing whether I'm hosting locally or in singleplayer.
As you can see it doesn't really interrupt the game, but it is rather annoying when the game runs well otherwise.

https://files.catbox.moe/efgzas.mp4
>>
>>783285
The Queen has no obvious weaknesses.
The only requirement or tactic I would suggest is that you absolutely need the Feather Cloak if you don't already have it. Your tactic is going to be run the fuck away and the "arena" has a lot of verticality.
She pukes bunches of little shits so you will want some form of AOE. Also if you aren't having an easy time fighting Seekers already you had better get good before you go in.
>>
The queen chased us outside the Dungeon and is roaming the mistlands now
>>
>>783372
i got her to about half HP before all my buffs wore off and i resorted to cheesing. Beating her solo is less a test of skill and more of patience from what i experienced. She summons seekers and spits the baby seekers; by the time i killed all the adds i could get in a couple hits and she would burrow away and resummon adds/spit more.
>>
>>783783
I rebuilt most of the base on the entrance of the queen's dungeon but it's half stone since i ran out of marble
>>
any texture overhauls that make the game less viking-like? A different culture? i prefer the medieval era, & vikings are overdone for me personally, ive even seen the word “vikingaboo” used recently
>>
>>783565
philippines?
>>
magic chads, which magic is better for the new enemies/boss, frost or fire? Which one is better in general?
>>
>>784055
Apart from the ships and some beards you can select, it's not even very vikingaboo. Beat the second boss or use some exploits to get 2 pieces of iron early, and you can build all the stone castles you want.
>>
>>780756
Well, looks like they still kept this stupid change.
>>
Having something new to work for is what I needed to get back into the game. I can finally feel that same motivation to progress like I did when I first played. My friends decided to use some QoL mods and stuff to remove some of the grind this time so that's even better too.

I hope you guys are having fun on your server.
>>
Server update?
>>
mistlands more like babbylands now
>>
File: 1651019066662.png (227 KB, 520x334)
227 KB
227 KB PNG
So... uh is the server gonna get updated?
>>
>>785019
Host here. Server's updated and restarted.
>>
>>785048
Always blessed
>>
>>784900
>tfw beat elden ring before all the patch shit
>not in time to beat valheim vanilla pre-nerf mistlands

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffuck

I knew I should have just did some raw fucking vanilla play through.
>>
is the mistlands "complete" or they still need to add more items or something?
>>
>Nerf the fuck out of the comfort duration by not allowing comfort bonus from rugs to stack like they have since the game launched almost 2 years ago
>say it was a bug and never intentional
>say that as long as you go to your base every night and sleep you won't notice a difference.

are the valheim devs unironically retarded?
>>
>>785142
>don't worry, we will add more comfort items later tee-hee :^)
This bug existed for 2 years. The "fix" could wait 2 more years for new items.
>>
Have an old server I'm going to boot back up to play with frens, if we hit the coast of a Mistlands biome and then left, will the rest of the biome (or the whole thing, I guess) be generated with the new stuff, or do we need to go find a new one?
>>
>>785153
Yeah, it really doesn't make any sense. Now they are merging all the threads on the steam forum criticizing the nerf into a single thread and marking the thread topic answered with that bullshit dev post about how it was always bug. Guess they are trying to minimize the visible level of dissatisfaction with the change, also deleting posts now...so fucking gay.
>>
This carpet thing, was it multiple carpets of the same type stacking or just different types of carpets being able to stack? If it was the latter why would they change that? Getting strong enough or being determined enough to kill the mobs to be able to get the different kinds is tired to progression.

On my server we tamed wolves before we even fought the elder for shits and giggles, are those wolf carpets useless now?
>>
>>785160
I forget the range, but I want to say like 500m beyond what has been revealed on your map has been generated. I ended up using the upgrade world mod to reset everything greater than 5000m from the worlds center and to upgrade our world to the new mistlands biome distribution. Seems to have worked, just make sure you make back ups before you do anything if you go this route.
>>
>>785172
It was different carpets stacking, so there was like 6 carpets/rugs so it added 6 comfort to your level when you built 1 of each available. Has been like that since the day the game launched, but guess it was a "bug", just took 2 years to fix it. But yeah, now there is no point in using anything except the deer rug now, no benefit other than cosmetic for any other rug.
>>
>>780712
Pretty sure they recently locked the 2h sledge behind defeating Bonemass. So it is a completely worthless item now.
>>
File: drunken lass.gif (2.24 MB, 500x281)
2.24 MB
2.24 MB GIF
Is there any NA server where the people band together in small crews? I want to do raw vanilla / lightly QoL modded from start to mistland and will happily whore out on a less than fresh server my breeder engineering skills, farmville skills, and my ability to make hard perfect sharp cut plateaus for some free stuff.

Everything else is me stuck playing on some EU server so it's even less fucking playable in multiplayer so I just solo everything instead, shit sucks, feels like I literally never really gotten to play multiplayer valheim yet and I'm at hour 800. Shit sucks man.
>>
>>785180
I was wondering why I lost a comfort level in my base last night, that must be it. I really don't get why they'd do that.
>>
>>785180
>>785172
I'll be honest, with the carpet nerf it's pretty horseshit now. Fully advocate for someone to mod it back in or people use the mod in the seasonals all year so you can get that pole and yule tree for extra comfort.

It isn't too bad if you dig out copper and build a fire underneath rubble and what not for rested out in the field, same with using dungeon entrances, can also dig out silver and hide underneath it for free shelter but at that point you usually have a portal setup to get back for that 20+ minute shit.

It's a pretty mediocre change but getting wood and stone out in the field for 10m rest isn't particularly difficult either.
>>
>>785178
>upgrade world mod
Will look into that, thanks!
>>
>>785195
Np, definitely read the documentation on usage. It did work, but upgrading to the mistlands biome distribution can reroute rivers all over the map, in my case it did near a couple bases. Luckily the damage was pretty minor and fixable, but you can definitely see how it could completely destroy a base if you are unlucky.
>>
>>785191
>>785191
It's just aids because the sole purpose of this change is to increase the grind. You are getting less actual playtime out of food items now since you have to stop and get rested more often now and the food is always ticking away. So now you are spending more time doing things related to food creation...farming, cooking, foraging, baking. It's like they can't figure out how to add things that actually increase engagement and satisfaction so they just fall back on increasing the tedium.
>>
>>785095
it's not complete. we're still missing crafting table improvements to get stuff to rank 3/4
so who knows what else is supposed to be there
..you didn't think they'd deliver a finished biome after working on it for a year, did you?
>>
>>785172
>>785180
>>785187
>>785191
You're making a mountain of a molehill. Three minutes of rested buff lost at worst compared to a pre-Mistlands base. You still get to 23 easily. After 23 minutes, your inventory is so filled with crap that you want to pop a portal anyway.

And it obviously was a (low-priority) bug, else why would they put in the logic so that chairs and tables don't stack?
>>
File: Wolf girl and elf 1.png (1015 KB, 1958x1900)
1015 KB
1015 KB PNG
>>785355
>Bug

No. You don't create an entire new Mountains dungeon set, probably the dungeon with the most olev attached out of all of them, that adds in a new carpet that stacks more comfort level and then say "carpets were bugged" another god knows how long afterward when you add a new biome and after a full month make balance changes to said biome by changing fucking rugs.

The entire idea is ridiculous because now there are zero actual gameplay reasons to enter frost caves. You dangle +1 comfort and a nice looking rug in front of me you better fucking believe I'm invading some werewolf pussy to get it. Maybe I'll have to invade a 2nd cave and bang it's occupants to get enough and now I have enough silver necklaces for the doofy dosh chest or enough derp claws / werewolf shedding to make the armor or claws. Hell maybe I'll find the lake with the fishing rod and catch the frost fish thing for the lulz and save some cash at haldor.

Now it's just skip tier. It has no function, actively farming frost caves to make the armor so you can sprint through the meadows to pickup berries and shit is wasting more time than gaining, the carpet is now useless save for looks, catching a frost fish is fluff, the dosh chest is fluff, and if you get raped by some 2 star wolfgirl in there you've lost even more time and effort for effectively nothing.

If they want to remove comfort from the carpet, fine, make the dosh chest give comfort. Hell make an armor stand will with a full set of armor give fucking comfort while we're at it, I'd absolutely destroy abominations, frost caves, and even craft a bronze set if it meant more comfort while also making the base look more unique. I'll put them across my big ass table and pretend they're my harem of armor waifus or something for laughs.
>>
>>785355
Max comfort is down to 18 from 23, so it's actually 5 minutes. Rested bonus is basically essential and the game is unplayable without it. All this reduction does is arbitrarily increase the grind, you are getting less time played out of your food because you are having to stop and get rested more often, now you are spending more time farming, more time foraging, more time standing in front of the cauldron crafting food, more time standing in front of the oven baking those crafted foods. I get that you don't think its a big deal, but when they continually add all these "little" things that add nothing but tedium to the experience it starts to become a problem. You know what a real problem is? They have the Y axis locked for player combat but not for enemies, that is why combat on slopes is near impossible for you but not the things attacking you. Crafting stations have become so over bloated with recipes with zero way to sort or manage them. The new fishing system seems like an after thought that they slapped together at the last minute, half the time the fish ai is broken...they added an insane amount of inventory bloat with the 10 different baits and 5 different tiers of each fish and in the end it culminates in there being one fish worth catching, the Angler fish which also happens to be the best stamina food. 2 handed weapons are still basically trash and cannot compete with the 1h sword. Honestly they got lucky, its a good game for the most part but it never would have exploded in popularity like it did if people weren't locked down during the coof...they are either hitting the creative wall or they made enough money that they just don't really give a fuck.
>>
I would care more if they improved building so you can put a fucking floor in front of you without having to construct wood beams on the sides first. The snapping point is literally one fucking pixel wide. What really makes this game a timesink are the shitty building interface, followed by how long it takes to mine your first metal deposits. And grinding for some rare enemy drops if you want the optional weapons and light armors behind them. Time wasted because you need to rest is nothing in comparison.
>>
>>785401
>they added an insane amount of inventory bloat
which came with the biome where you're forced to unequip the muscle belt for the whisp
l m a o
>>
>tfw never get to play multiplayer

I just want a NA freshboi so I can play more hours than everyone else and do some Harvest Moon shit and build cool houses while they catch up. Maybe farm some extra copper and bronze since mistlands has stupid shit you build with that.

I don't even care if it's full rawdog vanilla or like build from containers shit at this point.
>>
>>784055
the term is scandiboo
>>
I am fighting the bone mass and it has 5000 hp and heals constantly and shits out a lot of ooze and skeletons. This shit sucks.
>>
>>785763
You're using poison resistance mead, are you?

They nerfed the cheesy way to kill him. But I guess you could still jump on the summoning skull and use Stagbreaker.
>>
how is the health regen on Queen? Can you pop out for a quick rest without it completely regening? I'm afraid me and a friend will be fucked because of the rug comfort change
>>
>>785763
>heals constantly
Wut? Since when?
>>
>>785795
It's not very high and you can turn the front door outside into a makeshift camp easily. Took me like 3 in game days to solo her pre-nerf. Remember that you can mitigate knockback by fighting her near a wall.
>>
>>785846
thanks, we will try fighting her one with regular gear and another with magic stuff so we were worried our dps will be shit because the magic is slow to level
>>
How long till there's a mod that fixes carpets?
>>
>>785916
There was posted earlier on the steam discussion forum that reverts the change. Looks like it is only on github though and not nexus or thunderstore.
>>
>>785391
Man I wish I could capture a femrig waifu.
>>
Is there anyway to edit a save file to change my location? I changed my teleport tag and it teleported me to the previous tag out in the middle of nowhere with no way to get back. I'm genuinely going to quit the game if I can't fix this, I'm not going to be able to get back in a raft.
>>
>>786046
Die and respawn?
Cheat and fly back home?
Cheat and spawn materials for a boat?
Don't be a bitch and get back in a raft
>>
File: Wolf girl and elf 2.png (1.02 MB, 2300x1900)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB PNG
>>786026
We all do anon. It's why I always put a 2 star wolf up in my bathtub named Liru whenever I play.
>>
>>785812
it does heal constantly, it's just very slow but you only notice it if you try to fight it with a shitty bow and shitty arrows
>>
File: 463.png (286 KB, 640x478)
286 KB
286 KB PNG
>>786068
>>
>run out the queen dungeon to heal and repair my shit
>boss hits and kills me as i'm exiting
>got my stuff back but the queen followed my grave and is outside the dungeon now
>>
>>786713
So much for the patch "fixing" that. Obviously nerfing carpets was too important.
>>
>>786971
lol, I am somewhat convinced that the rug nerf was almost completely motivated out of spite after the community shit on the devs for asking to be nominated for the labor of love award.
>>
>>783467
>>783481
>>783488
>>783493
sippy. was checking this, wondering if the server was still up. i was just having playability issues on my end
>>
>too late to join a fresh server

welp my fault for not realising this board was a thing
>>
Did they ever add changes to the worldmap generation? I hated how it was essentially a bunch of little islands within throwing distance. Custom maps? Anything?
>>
File: Better Cont.jpg (418 KB, 1010x847)
418 KB
418 KB JPG
>>788006
It's still basically the same, it is possible to find good seeds though that have larger land masses with everything of interest located reasonably close to the worlds center. There is a mod called better continents and I think you can make the world how ever you want. Picrel is one example.
>>
>>788128
woah, that's actually pretty sick
imagine actually making long treks with your bros, instead of just sailing through nothingness (a serpent every half hour doesn't count as content)
>>
>>788135
Yeah it looks awesome, I think if I ever end up playing through again I'll probably go this route. Like you said, it seems like it would be a better experience. There would actually be a reason to stop and build bases along the way instead of just doing it because there is nothing else to do.
>>
>>788128
>tamriel
This could be really cool for a factions server desu
>>
>>788128
Looks good, but doesn't this map mean even longer stretches of the samey terrain with hardly a reason to ever build a boat?
>>
File: My big scary wolfu waifu.jpg (101 KB, 1200x1050)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
>>787614
I'm currently on a NA server that does boss kills every 3 days and is going to kill Elder like 7 PST tomorrow. Some anti-cheat mod shit and you're not allowed to officially start the next biome until the previous boss is dead but it's pure vanilla so people aren't as keen on it.
>>
>>788878
I'm EU but I'm interested in joining
>>
The /shit/ 4chan server has ransacked all our couches and spun up a dedicated Valheim server.

Join if you wanna sperg out.

Its literally new.

Associated trannycord
https://discord.gg/P4fwnxrhCz
>>
>>788999
Password is...

Jesus
>>
>>788999
Naisu, might drop by when I get home a couple days from now
>>
Is there any technical reason the map is the size it is? Anything stopping them from just making it larger it in the future?
It's plenty big enough for now but it seems like it might feel a little crowded in the future as more biomes are added.
>>
>>789233
Anon... we're like years away from another biome.
>>
>>789233
>More biomes
The only other biomes they have planned are already on the map. Ashlands, Deep North and Ocean.
>>
>>787133
I get that development takes time, but what actually takes this team so long to do anything? Compared to the rate other games have new content added and how other games continue to have content added after they came out of alpha, Valhiem is pretty bad. Especially when you consider what those initial roadmaps looked like compared to what the devs have actually done.

Then you have the shit like the carpet nerf that nobody asked for, or refusing to make changes to the ballistas after a community poll showed an overwhelming majority of people want it changed.

"You can finally add automated defences to your base when you reach what will be considered approaching endgame in the full scope of game progression but haha they will try to kill you too." Why the fuck would anybody want that?
>>
>>789293
I know, I was just thinking about long term/mods and why they chose the size they did. Why not infinite like Minecraft, for example.
Afaik Unity is still limited to 32-bit world coords so they have to be using a workaround like a floating origin already. Probably why the game hitches now and then.
>>
>>785391
I couldn't help but think of this post the other day when I was raiding some of these caves. I was using the crystal Battle Axe and that slow head-bobbing walk you do when you have a two-handed weapon out really gives off a "I'm going to fuck all the wolfgirl pussy in this cave" vibe as you walk up and smash the door down. I needed to hit 5 caves in order to get enough mats for a fully upgraded set of the pussy fur armor.

It's bad enough that the carpet does nothing but the drapes for the windows, the extra Christmas stuff, nothing you can make with the red cloth gives any extra comfort. What were they thinking?
>>
>>789406
>but what actually takes this team so long to do anything?
They have 13 people on the team, who knows how many of which can actually program. More than I expected honestly, I've seen Early Access titles stuck with one or two people. (Stranded Deep comes to my mind)
>>789463
I don't know why you'd want a bigger world. Took me 30 minutes to sail from my home base to the nearest boss altar spawned for Moder, because the worldgen conditions make very few regions valid. Apparently some worlds were generated without Moder at all in earlier versions. I wouldn't want to sail even longer than that with a larger world.
What the game could use would be some more variation within biomes, so one black forest/swamp/mountain/plain/mistland feels more distinct from every other. Some more and different PoIs, regions lacking one of the possible spawns, special stuff around biome borders and more monster interactions around them.
>>
>>789480
It's not necessarily that I want a bigger world, I'm just curious about the technical side and design reasons, and how that might potentially influence future updates.
Like in Minecraft they can make pretty big changes to the worldgen without impacting old worlds, you just have to travel far away and generate new chunks to get the new stuff. Having to abandon worlds and start fresh when updates release is kind of expected in early access, but it's less than ideal for a fully released game.

Also I agree about the need for greater biome variation.
>>
>>785795
>how is the health regen on Queen? Can you pop out for a quick rest without it completely regening? I'm afraid me and a friend will be fucked because of the rug comfort change
Yeah you can, I dipped out like 2-3 times just because I ran out of my rested buff.
To be fair, the reason I ran out of my rested buff was because I was way too careful(scared).
>>
File: santaslonghouse.jpg (235 KB, 1600x900)
235 KB
235 KB JPG
Making a santa base to the far north.
Wanted to start earlier, but ended up not having time until now.

I might continue the next couple of days, and have it like a Santa's workshop or something, but I might wait until next year.

The trip there was way longer than expected since I wanted to go as far north as possible, and I had an extremely wide continent going east to west.

I'll bring another Lox at some point so I can breed them here. It's just hard to transport 2 of them at once.
I was thinking of a longhouse with darkwood, then maybe a lox stable, and herding area, a harbor, maybe a few minor houses.
Maybe a good building for the refinery.

Ambitious idea: push dvergs into a boat and move them all the way over here.
>>
>>789812
Dvergs are leashed to areas so they will jump out and swim home unless you force them into a pillbox somehow.
>>
>>790027
ah they walk out boats easily?
>>
>>783265
shame you need a staff to cast spells
>>
Fuck, is there any feasible way to develop a survival game with automatic rebuilding?

Building defenses in games is awesome.
But it lacks depth, when enemies can't breach them.
But if they breach the defences it sucks having to rebuild it.

Like having a fortress and gjall flying in and shooting down your walls and ceilings can make for a dope fight, if it wasn't for the fact that now you gotta rebuild the whole thing.

Surely there's gotta be a way to implement a system where building pieces are a put into memory, and after the fight, your fortress, village or whatever could reassemble itself without your input?
>>
There's a standalone mod out finally to add the Dverger build pieces to your hammer. You only need client side install since it's not adding any new assets to the game. Just tested on the server and was able to create pieces. They're build costs are pretty odd and they have no snappoints but it's nice to have yet.

https://valheim.thunderstore.io/package/QoLTeam/HammerExtender/

also haven't been on in several days between my dog getting sick and holiday company. People still playing on the server?
>>
>>790195
>You only need client side install since it's not adding any new assets to the game. Just tested on the server and was able to create pieces.
oh weird
>>
>>790195
which server?
>>
>>790347
>>
>>790199
Servers don't seem to check that client activity is "normal" at all. You can use free rotate and plant anything mods without the server running them and can even straight up change resource costs in your client.
>>
File: piggu.jpg (109 KB, 627x627)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
>>790195
I check in once in a while, it's empty most of the time though.
>>
so now that I've beaten the Queen will shit from Mistlands spawn in Meadows just like I see Fulings every once in a while after killing Yagluth? I'm trying to repopulate my one star guard wolves that I keep around the base wall to kill shit at night, "they sought you out" event killed most of them (around 50) so if there's a single seeker they're fucked before they reach at least some kind of overwhelming force.
I really wish there was a way to make respawnable defences like skeleton summon altars/golems or make the balistas more powerful and without them trying to kill you, really makes the base defence irritating to deal with instead of fun
>>
>>790091
There's a mod that lets you create building plans, put down a ghost building and create it with mats from your inventory. I ended up uninstalling it since I don't like reusing parts.

But not gonna lie, I killed the game process more than once when a raid destroyed too much of my base. That time they got the bridge still stings.
>>
File: smug.png (619 KB, 860x606)
619 KB
619 KB PNG
>>788999
>>772247
theres two different servers here? one is new and one is old i guess? gotta say the based boomer with the Jesus password seems like the superior server..
>>
>The /shit/ 4chan server has ransacked all our couches and spun up a dedicated Valheim server
What does this mean?
>>
been trying out magic and it's really fun, had a blast using it while my friend was melee against the queen. One question because the wiki is still vague, does leveling up blood magic increase the skeletons HP when you summon them or just the damage? Although they seemed shit at first they were really useful during the queen fight for distracting all the additional shit she spawns, if they got more HP or armor they seem like they would actually be good
>>
pet wolf should give comfort
>>
>>790882
half the game is deliberate padding broski
the dev thinks delaying the players with dumb shit = gameplay
>>
Not particularly related but has anyone played Grounded in here? Is it decent? Seem semi-related genre wise.
>>
>>792266
It's alright but the building is pretty shit
>>
Does each biome just get progressively more annoying to be in? Black Forest had dangers but felt like I could still relax a bit, Swamps feels like I can't let my guard down for even a second.
I mean I expect the challenge to increase but I don't really enjoy being constantly on edge, and only building in Meadows is kind of lame.
>>
>>792485
When I last played through it, I only really felt like I couldn't let my guard down around fuling villages, in case of scary 1+2 stars, and the mistlands.
Mountains and earlier were pretty relaxed.
>>
>>792485
swamp is designed to make you shit your pants before you get some upgrades and always be on guard, the whole biome is made to be as painful as possible. Mountains ease off a bit, plains is easy except the villages which can spiral into a fucking all out war especially with 1 and 2 star enemies and then mistlands goes again into the pain zone. I love the Swamp, really felt like we were making expeditions into it with preparation and clear party roles in my group and the first few crypt clearings where we were undergeared were so much fun
>>
>>792485
The swamp is a cursed shithole. You aren't supposed to be there longer than you have to be. However one of my favorite design aspects of the game is how conquering the next biome sets you up to absolutely destroy the swamp when you have to return to get more Iron, because you will always need to get more Iron.

After you are decked out in the silver gear you get from the mountains it's a cakewalk because silver is super effective against undead. It's a nice way to feel the progression.
>>
>>792485
I haven't had any reason to build anything larger than outposts and portal huts the swamp or mountains, but black forest and plains are great if you build your defences properly. I usually build a little stone fort down in the ashlands for easy access to surtling cores too. And on my current playthrough I built a lofty stone tower as our portal hub in the deep north. We haven't ever tackled Yagluth on this playthrough yet because everyone has been preoccupied on their plains bases and upgrades.
>>
>>773238
Start a server and advertise it as new players only if you can't find one that already is.
>>
>>773238
nigga I'd start fresh with you, I was about to get into it
>>
>>792584
>>792751
the thing with swamps is that there isnt really anything awe inspiring or amazing about it, its just a crowded grindfest of shit that automatically gets directed towards you if you make any noise at all. mountains you know there are times when you are alone and can look off a ledge and see an amazing view. even plains has some spots you can rest. swamp is not a well-made biome, its missing that little something
>>
>>792882
>I usually build a little stone fort down in the ashlands for easy access to surtling cores too.
That will haunt you when Ashlands finally release in 2026. I just build one of my swamp outposts on top of a sunken crypt between two fire geysers. Pickaxe the ground so Surtlings spawn in the water and instantly die. Now I have a full chest of Surtling cores sitting around.
>>
File: 1672596956997192.webm (1.13 MB, 460x816)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB WEBM
>>788128
Too bad none of the good map mods look like they've been updated for almost two years.
>>
>>794960
me falling in the queen pit
>>
Where do cartoon slime monsters fit into scandinavian folklore?
>>
>>795009
I saw a really cool animated beowulf where Grendel was a big slime blob thing. It is from the 90s and the animation style is kinda junky but I like it a lot. It's way better than the cgi shit.
>>
How hard is it to mod Valheim?

Like adding an armor piece or whatever.
Any mods that you think might be easy to reverse engineer?
Like in some games mods have files I can open in notepad and just change the values around to get where I want, or even edit a png for a texture.
>>
Most people organized storage kinda suck it seems like, looked at some videos.
Like people overdesign it and add signs and stuff which looks cute, but it's a mess to maneuver and slower a lot of the times.

There's definitely improvements I could do to my storage techniques, like what I put in what chests. Like I often put stuff I associate with eachother together, or "loot" vs "ore" vs "plants", while I really should have the specific loot I need for the smithy within reach of the smithy.
It's just a few steps, but there's definitely some efficiencies that could be fixed there.

How do you do it?
>>
>>798421
I'm pretty content with my storage corner. 2 m deep and 6 m wide, with wooden poles and half-walls placed so you don't see the lids. Signs and item stands to show which is which.
>>
>>798675
Whereas this wall still has the old shitty configuration with small chests placed side-by-side. I made the storage corner because this doesn't scale well.
>>
File: 1656900038755.png (15 KB, 190x200)
15 KB
15 KB PNG
>try to make cool base
>always fuck up the scaling and make it disproportionately big instead of efficient and cozy
>>
>>799111
Always have the opposite problem of making it too cramped with not enough room to scale it up. Have yet to go to Mistlands and will probably need another base to put its crafting stations in.
>>
>>799196
it's crafting stuff has a wizard-like aesthetic, I suggest you make a stone tower
>>
>>798421
Workbench area
>wood chest
>crafting mats like pelts, arrow ingredients, etc
Forge area
>metal chest
Cauldron
>raw food chest
>Potion stuff chest
>cooked potions chest
>Cooked food chest

trophies
treasure
other junk
seeds
>>
Main issue I see is too many chests, and too much distance between chests.
Distance between crafting stations and needed chests.
>>
>>799111
iktf actually
>>
What's a place I can find inspo for building? Just basic houses that look nice nothing super fancy.
>>
>>799695
This 3 minute video covers a good roof design imo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_YnbdHpkaM

Could work with that for different shapes.
Like if you're making a village making a 4x12 house, then an L shaped house or whatever with those types of roofs.
>>
>>794960

Does anyone have a good source for seeds then? I know it's hard but I really do want large distances between continents and not a bunch of little islands.
>>
retard here, is this game just a survival sandbox? are there at least any interesting worlds/lore behind it?
>>
Has anyone done a pickaxe and/or axe breakpoint comparison?

Like at which point do you only need 1 hit to break a rock, or only 2 hits to break one.
I figure it could be useful to know, especially in multiplayer.

Like if rank 1 iron pickaxes have the same mining speed as rank 4 iron pickaxes, then the upgrade for durability is probably not worth it.
>>
>>800003
>retard here, is this game just a survival sandbox? are there at least any interesting worlds/lore behind it?
it's leaning a bit more to Terraria rather than Minecraft, there's a progression where you fight a sequence of bosses and progress in the game.
The lore is sparse, but kinda neat.
>>
>>800389
testing really quickly with 2 different characters.

It seems the small rocks have like 30 hp.
With my singleplayer character I get those in 1 hit with either my lvl 4 iron pickaxe or lvl 4 blackmetal pickaxe, but takes 2 hits with my antler pickaxe.

With my mp character, I have a lvl 2 iron pickaxe, and it takes 2 hits.
Up to 4 hits with antler.

The damage variance is pretty high on the lvl 2 iron pickaxe.
Looks like theoretically I should sometimes get a rock in 1 hit and sometimes it should take 3, like sometime I deal more than 30 dmg and sometimes less than 15.
48 skill.

lvl 2 iron pick has 38 pickaxe damage, antler has 18 pickaxe damage.
lvl 4 iron pick has 48 pickaxe damage, so maybe that could be worth it in my mp game to just collect stone better, but I don't know.
Maybe better to wait.
>>
>>800389
assuming you either have a forge where you're mining, or a portal back to one, durability on your pick really doesn't matter
>>
>>799695
Lego builds translate pretty easily to the way Valheim parts are proportioned/lock together.
Pinterest as fruity as is does a pretty good job of relating images if you just want to browse aimlessly.
>>
>>800833
nice
>>
File: Best Ghost.webm (2.97 MB, 640x360)
2.97 MB
2.97 MB WEBM
I could probably ask google but does anyone know if modders are going to balance Valheim for proper magic pre-mistlands?

I know there's gear band-aid mods like including 2 handed weapons in earlier tiers or adding weapons like maces where there are no maces, ect, but seeing as how Mistlands magic literally starts at 0 and has significant advantages from putting levels into it which take significant amounts of grind and ultimately allows you to play as a caster with a backup weapon / crossbow actually being able to make use of these things pre-mistlands would make it far more...useful I guess?

Sure I can throw a fireball or bust out the arbalest after I'm through 9.5/10ths of the game and finally have access to such things but realistically I'm just going to make the bow, make the 2 hand sword, and kill things at a much faster pace with much less hassle because 50+ sword skill and 36+ bow skill vs 0-10 in the new stuff is significant. Honestly at this point the entire game needs rebalanced.

If I weren't lazy I'd rant about Sweden having 2 different dev teams in 2 different genres making great games that I personally like but with silly decisions that hamper them.
>>
>>800898
>there's gear band-aid mods like including 2 handed weapons in earlier tiers or adding weapons like maces where there are no maces
God those mods are lame and misses the point.
Pure autism, they'll never get it
>>
>>789233
>might get crowded when more biomes are added

Well, we'll see how it looks when the devs add the next one 4 years from now.
>>
>>800923
I get what you mean because the mods don't do it particularly well but I get to use two whole two hand axes in the entire game starting at mid-iron age and then mid silver age for the upgrade. Imagine if Firelands comes out in 2 years (or wherever we're going next) and there's no crossbow upgrade or magic is simply out completely and you're stuck with mist only stuff, would feel awful. Then there's Fist anything that may as well not exist since unarmed damage doesn't increase via skill (if it did I'd be punching the shit out of skeletons the whole game) and your only weapon option that does scale is in frost caves that may or may not RNG you out of getting them in a reasonable time frame.

Slapping in a skill drop on death and a fairly grindy skill system for every weapon type means switching too and fro for weapons doesn't feel very good either, especially to newer players who likely will get curb stomped often losing what skills they already had. I don't know what blessing / curse went into effect but Swedish devs are somehow hyper competent in some things and then abysmal in a variety pack of other shit that drags their games down. Think about it, the only swedish devs that exist (or anyone know) is Iron Gate and Fatshark. They both got that raw core gameplay shit down pat that keeps you playing but then have fuck ups of immense proportions like Iron Gate not having more than 5 people working on Valheim at any given moment or Fatshark...well Fatshark being fatshark because that's way too many memes to consolidate.

Sweden is literally my South Korea 2.0, they nail some things so hard they're 10/10 or 11/10 portions of the game but all the other coinciding systems or gameplay mechanics drag it down hard. Look at Tera, best combat in an MMO bar none, even now, everything else was so shit it eventually killed the game. Exact same thing for Lost Ark, great isometric gameplay, literally unplayable gear advancement and other memery bots that killed it.
>>
>>800995
>Think about it, the only swedish devs that exist (or anyone know) is Iron Gate and Fatshark.
paradox, minecraft(literally the best selling game on the planet)...
>>
did they nerf the queen? bitch pretty much melts to the fire staff compared to when i first fought her with it
>>
>>778266
Can you even do the big door that dwarfs have?
>>
File: 20230108214546_1.jpg (183 KB, 1366x768)
183 KB
183 KB JPG
friends visiting my hut
>>
File: 20230108231927_1.jpg (217 KB, 1366x768)
217 KB
217 KB JPG
>>801885
>>
>>801885
>>801887
thanks I hate it
>>
File: bonus.jpg (165 KB, 1366x768)
165 KB
165 KB JPG
>>801918
>>
How would you rate the bosses in terms of difficulty?
Yagluth is next for me but so far they've all been a cheesefest, mainly because of the poor AI pathing. Moder was surprisingly easy.
>>
>>802237
pre nerf Queen although post nerf it's also a good fight because it's so frantic compared, Yagluth, Bonemass and all else are pushovers
>>
>>802237
Easiest to hardest, assuming you're using biome appropriate gear.
Eikthyr>Moder>Elder>Bonemass>Yagluth
This game's combat isn't exactly stellar, all the challenge comes from "lmao big damage" rather than mechanics.
The Elder at least spawns vines that you need to avoid or kill. You're likely to get pestered by greyniggers too because of course.
Bonemass offsets your rested bonus by being in a biome that has permanent rain, and you also have to constantly fend off draugr unless you want a bunch of arrows up your ass.
Moder was a massive disappointment since her AI is horrendous so she just sits there doing nothing for most of the fight. The wolves and drakes that might randomly show up are more of a challenge than her.
Yagluth is just "lmao even bigger damage".
Haven't tried fighting the Queen yet but I assume she's more challenging than Yagluth.
>>
>>802237
Queen>Yagluth>Bonemass>Elder>Moder>Eikthyr
I think
>>
Elthyr and Elder are just stupid easy. To make elthyr more interesting we fought like 8 of them at once which was hilarious.

Fighting Bonemass during the first playthrough when we didn't really understand weapon resistances or how to optimize our characters/progression was the highlight of the game in terms of boss fights. It took us 3 in-game days to kill him and we to send people back to get more food and poison resistance a few times. This time we all rolled in with iron maces and a few people had silver weapons already from surface silver veins we found in the mountains, so it was pretty easy.

Moder is just as disappointing as before, more disappointing actually in the sense they didn't improve her at all. Yagluth is still overall a pretty fun fight. Haven't fought the queen on this playthrough yet.
>>
>>802249
Queen is unironically the most real boss fight in the game by such a substantial margin that none of the others compare at all. As in it actually feels like a real boss fight. It's like upgrading to the valheim version of a MGR boss fight by comparison.

>has add summons, has mist fuckery so hard to see shit sometimes, can burrow / jump to other places if you try to cheese, has knockback attacks inside a dungeon that goes upwards so if you don't have the feather cape you'll just die, ranged spray attacks, massive fucking lunge and a charge if you try to meme at mid range, deals good melee damage, weakspot maybe on her ass like normal seekers

She's an absolute fucking unit, I was carry lording with my magic since I could shield everyone for like 275 damage at the cost of 35% of my HP bar, AoE for all the mini-adds and the bigger seekers, and because I could keep her engaged since I was lolranged while the 2 melee ran back to their corpses when they died.

Yagluth is unironically a little bitch, he just spams attacks that force you out of melee but if you're full upgraded shit and using fire pots you can sort of stand in his right hand fire attack for a short while but you do have to run away for a bit for the left hand meteors. He's like an annoying version of bonermass where you can't stand in his AoE shit entirely which puts you out of range for damaging him so you're just stuck running away.

Queen's a real fucker.
>>
Too many enemies just hover passively around, letting you get free attacks in.
Especially apparent with Moder.

It's a shame they nerfed the mistlands mobs, because they were appropriately aggressive, but I guess most people can't really handle that.
>>
>>802462
I think the game just needs difficulty settings. As is they can't make anything too difficult or the more casual side of the audience will get frustrated.
>>
>>802705
Yeah maybe.
I worry about difficulty settings since then development tends to focus on one side, and the discourse starts to be just about that.
I guess I am in the minority, so I should just work on mods that makes the enemies more aggressive and active.

I wonder what makes people struggle so much in Valheim.
A lot of people point to the grind, but when I watch other people they fail at very basic survival things and combat. Like even people who manage to play souls games fine can't handle 2 enemies in valheim properly.

I wonder if Valheim is bad at teaching the player to use the mechanics, while Souls games are just very good at it, because I really think those are harder mechanically.
>>
I haven't played since maybe the first few months of launch, can someone give me a QRD on the major content and changes they've introduced since then?
>>
>>802738
what's the last boss you've fought?
>>
>>802746
it's been a while, probably the fat poison skeleton guy or whatever
>>
>>802738
>Hearths and Home
Tar to plains, which can make for nice building material.
Crystal Battleaxe, a fun silver age weapon.
Breedable loxes.
Added support structures for cooking pot.
Another light armor set from the mountains.
>Mistlands
New biome with npcs, enemies, boss and very different type of terrain, with a good amount of new items and magic
Breedable chickens.
>>
>>802750
forgot they added caves to mountains
>>
File: Spoiler Image (723 KB, 1034x1045)
723 KB
723 KB PNG
>>802753
Why were Ice Caves so much pure unfiltered sovl? Infested Mines are neato because it's like Aliens but Caves were raw soul overload by comparison.

>best music for both ambient and especially for the "populated" sections
>most interesting enemies bats are double niggers though
>those literal cave painting story of what happened
>red jute looks great with everything decoration wise and before they nerfed carpets meant you'd always want to do caves for them
>entire premise is to literally break everything, even the doors, for extra shit like bronze, iron, jute, fenris mats
>the raw amount of variance and easily getting lost as fuckness in big caves that rivals / surpasses infested mines
>the inverse where everything else doesn't like fire on the mountain and suddenly fire wielding cultists in the caves
>all the gear is made so you can run FAST AS FUCK BOI even the claws that you might use for the very beginning of plains before replacing have no movement -% so you can sprint with them out
>easily the best looking armor in the game and has small variants between gender
>remains useful in even Mistlands because sprinting through that hellscape to scout out shit is great
>everything about finding that fishing pole inside a cave and the body near it
>the doofy silver chests you can make with the silver necklaces that offer no comfort level but look great
>fast as fuck boi armor set unironically let's you move heavier carts better up slopes

Shit is peak Valheim and the raw fuckery of the carpet nerf makes them explicitly optional. Optional in the sense that you miss cool ass shit that everyone should do because it's pure spelunking at it's finest. Whatever mod that adds back in different carpets giving comfort should be mandatory for new players, easily the worst decision they ever made for the game.
>>
>>802957
The lore idea of some fenrisian cultists is really neat in the setting.
Like it makes you easily imagine what different norsemen could be like, if they were especially associated with a specific god, giant or other creature from norse mythology.

>Whatever mod that adds back in different carpets giving comfort should be mandatory for new players, easily the worst decision they ever made for the game.
Naeh.
It was pretty stupid that I should put 4 different carpets into my room to maximize efficiency, and ruin the aesthetics.
Now it's more in line with other comfort structures, like different bed types don't stack, different chair types don't stack.
It was dumb how it used to work, and now builds looks better thanks to it. Like imagine if beds stacked and people kept a shitty bed next to their dragon bed all the time for comfort.
If you're mad about losing out on 3 comfort specifically, you should get a mod that just makes carpet give +4 comfort instead of +1, not bringing back mish mash of carpet autism.
>>
>>802970
Whatever reverts the comfort loss, I don't care what. I never understood the carpet issues you lads have in terms of looks though, you just put the carpets you don't like as "trash" rugs like under the dining table, near the butcher block, in front of the cauldron, near the workbench and forge, ect.

>Oh no I spilled mead all over my deer rug that I can easily replace!

Keep those precious jute carpets near the bed and make them into neato drapes so people physics move them every time they come inside. Maybe slap a lox rug near the hot tub because it's a good fit and water resistant.
>>
>>802980
>I never understood the carpet issues you lads have in terms of looks though, you just put the carpets you don't like as "trash" rugs like under the dining table
Because it is a dumb thing you have to work around, which is not something you should have to work around.
Like imagine if there was a giant pink dildo that gave +5 comfort.
You'd want it in your base for the boon, but most people wouldn't want to see that shit, and put extra effort into hiding it.
That isn't good game design.
It would be better that it is gone.

You're short sighted and only see a boon you had in a game; +3 comfort, and now you no longer have it. Any argument you make about how to hide it is extremely irrelevant and misses the point because you just want your buff back.
>>
File: 20230109215704_1.jpg (964 KB, 2560x1440)
964 KB
964 KB JPG
Sup.
>>
I am using 22 mods currently and the best one is vein miner. Hold alt to mine the whole copper node.
>>
>>802997
adding the next letter
G
>>
>>802981
Its bullshit that they don't scale like other comfort items though. Deer rug gives the same comfort as a red or blue jute rug where as other late game furniture will give potentially +2 or +3 depending on the type.
>>
>>803109
Yeah that's fair.
Could see either +1, +2, +3, +4
for deer vs wolf vs lox vs jute making sense, or maybe tying lox+jute at +3.
>>
>>802997
4 weeks late no one plays on the server anymore
>>
which server?
>>
>>803018
just spawn in the copper through dev commands at that point
>>
>>803110
That would have made more sense than just significantly nerfing a player buff and then fucking off before honoring the results of the poll they ran for the ballistas.
>>
If you manage to raise ground in the Ocean biome, what can grow there?
Everything?
Nothing?
Something else?
>>
>>803197
You think it's really that bad? I was just trying to get past the copper age and into iron. I restarted a save with fewer mods, like only 10 and mostly qol ones at that. I got to mistlands and I had like 50 deaths and my character was weak so I restarted. I had like only 30 skull points in run from dying so much and other shortcuts.

Right now I am using stuff like equip slots and valheim plus to auto load kilns and furnaces. Plus I made workbench radius double. Also torches burn forever now with no refuel.

I am also using creature level and loot control to make dungeons respawn, honey plus for more honey recipes (and tar crafting!) Plus the portal mod that makes a network rather than just 1-1 ports. I added the ability to portal metal and shit too. I also added the all items float mod and use items in the water. Epic loot mod too.

Have I ruined the game? I've been to mistlands but haven't killed the end boss. Played vanilla up to moder when that was current and really just trying to get a good character and world going.
>>
>>803937
well play any way you want, of course
but it sounds like you don't actually want to play valheim lol
>>
>>803937
In our current playthrough we drew the line at the plant everything mod, auto-loading/crafting from storage, item drawers, and lumberjacking/mining skill tweaks that increase your yield the higher the respective skill is.

Running around collecting berries and mushrooms with vegetation graphics turned off, sifting through a million item chests to sort or craft items, manually loading smelters while being perpetually overencumbered and copper mining being just as tedious late game as it is early game is all shit me and my friends agreed we could do without on a second playthrough.

Its just the worst of the tedium that we tried to remove. We didn't even save that much time. On the original, post-release playthrough we took down Yagluth around day 600. And on this playthrough we just took him down yesterday at day 550.
>>
>>804350
>sifting through a million item chests to sort or craft items, manually loading smelters while being perpetually overencumbered
That's you being a bad manager, and the mods keep you from learning.
You'd actually improve your real life, not having those mods, and learn to be a functioning human in game.
>>
File: flr.png (3.1 MB, 2560x1440)
3.1 MB
3.1 MB PNG
Marble is based
>>
>>804662
I hadn't even thought of that. pretty neat, nigel!
>>
File: 1615612175832.png (416 KB, 857x811)
416 KB
416 KB PNG
>>804413
Not that anon, but me labeling iron chests with "Stone, Wood, Special Wood" and so on and so forth isn't exactly difficult, nor is depositing my wood in your mom, sprinting for half a second, opening a container, depositing black marble, then moving onto the next material sitting in my inventory going down the line.

Smart Containers literally already does what I'm doing above by tossing shit into containers based on material family, even then I still put items in specific chests based on my own faster configuration because my chests, aptly named "Shit", that I fill with bone, feathers, and resin helps keep clear the other chests from overflowing.

I just finished my 100% vanilla server enforced playthrough, me filling the smelters with fresh plunder, slaughtering the adult animals under the breeder, feeding my auto breeder 9000s animals, sorting my chests, emptying and refilling the smelters / kiln, picking up crops 1 by 1, emptying and refilling the smelters / kiln, planting more crops 1 by 1, emptying and refilling the smelters / kiln, fucking with the chests to find ingredients for food, making food, emptying and refilling the smelters / kiln, sprinting out of my base into the forest to restock on some ingredients, running back and re-sorting, and then emptying and refilling the smelters / kiln for HOPEFULLY the last fucking time is literal full time worker with multi-tasking mode.

I don't need more fucking full time worker with multi-tasking, I want to restock my shit in 1/10th the time and then fuck off back to sailing to the next biome area, popping down a portal, and crafting with all that finished smelting after I scout the next swamp / mountain / fuling village. Do you want to know what multiplayer with the lads is like in raw vanilla? It's people switching out spots every 20m from dungeon spelunking, farming / ranching / cooking, and smelter / kiln / gathering resources, and sailing. It's literal job delegation at that point.
>>
There are two things I think I'd like to try on a multiplayer server that no one else would be down for.

No map.
Ideally, a map without marker can only be updated with the cartography table.

No Wood, Stone, or Coal in chests.
Instead you gotta store them in those piles on the ground, so when building your towns you'd end up wanting some larger storage areas for just that, instead of cramping everything together. I think it would look neat, and it honestly wouldn't even be that difficult to deal with. In a way, it would make storage faster in many cases.
Not sure how I'd handle carts+ship inventory there though, there are a few solutions tho
>>
>>804413
It's not about being bad at management. My storage areas are set up the same way they were when we played vanilla, its about reducing the amount of tabbing and clicking.

I can return from gathering and run into the storage area press a single button and stack all say 13 individual items into their respective containers rather than click, tab, shift position, click, tab, shift position 13 times, and that's if I don't fuck up.

The ore chests and coal chests are still next to the smelters and kilns, they just load and unload on their own rather than me shambling around like a sweaty zombie.
>>
Are there any good heavy modded servers in existence? They all seem to use that shitty mod with the "kobold", hobgoblin, spider, ect that clash with the game and have their damage tied to the animation start so you're stuck blocking the moment they come into range as opposed to normal.

About the only good thing I ever saw was a "grigg" but it looked like a scrapped Valheim original concept so it fit in and it's teleport in front of you antics actually functioned. Made Black Forest nights significantly spookier and since they were hostile to everything so you could just hear them on a rampage sometimes.
>>
>>772247
might be nice to put a dojo on this base somewhere near spawn.
>>
sup
>>
>>808534
goede morgen to you too
>>
File: SwI6rcruSJRTIMeB (1).webm (2.7 MB, 720x720)
2.7 MB
2.7 MB WEBM
So here's the first idea the devs have spitballed about changing ballistas. You can use a trophy to designate a single allowed target instead of attacking indiscriminately.

IMO still makes them absolutely useless fluff. The only way they are worth bothering with is if I can set them up on my walls and have them protect my base and not try to kill me or other players. Designating a single prefered target is a side step that doesn't make them anymore usefully because raids are random and every biome has multiple kinds of hostile mobs.

I don't get why they are so stubborn on this. The ballistas miss a lot of the times and the defense they provide pales in comparison to building on raised ground or digging a moat. Having these magic ballistas would just be a cool feature, but they are just not at all worth fucking around with because there are way too many drawbacks and you essentially have to build your base around them, as in building enclosures that you can open and close doors on in order to prevent them from shooting you depending on what you are doing, to make them even somewhat useful as it is. But fucking around with those enclosures or swapping out trophies at the start of a raid is way too much tedious bullshit on-top of having to run around and reload all the things AND gathering the resources to craft the ammunition. I don't understand what they are thinking, it truly boggles the mind.
>>
>>808553
hey just do like the rest of us and pretend they were never added
doesn't change anything about the game
>>
>>808643
>Give players base defense features
>Make them shit
>Players complain and offer obvious solution
>Refuse to change it
It's the principle of it that bothers me more than anything. Why add features to the game that are functionally useless? And why refuse to make the obvious changes required to make them useful.
>>
>>808553
This actually seems ok to me? I really don't need them plunking at a skeleton raid, restricting them to supporting me against soldiers and gjalls sounds pretty good
>>
>>808658
So only useful if you decide to build in the mistlands. Because you won't ever be attacked by Gjalls or soldiers outside of the mistlands.
>>
>>808677
I guess if you're worried about fulings just set it up for that? Any raid below that gets hard walled by stone and stakes pretty well.
>>
>>808696
All good until the trolls come by with their logs that cleave through defensive walls to smash up the shit you have on the other side. Which is just a minor inconvenience at most but still, why can it not just target fulings and trolls and seekers if they happen to show up outside my walls and not shoot me if I want to go out and join the battle or after to pick up all the mats?

Every single use case for these things is underpinned by some inconvenience or restriction that make them not worth it with or without the change they've proposed with trophy targeting.
>>
I hate building in the plains.
>>
At least I think the upper floor came out decent. But should have left some room for a portal hub somewhere.
>>
>>808655
>Players complain and offer obvious solution
What was the obvious solution that was offered?
>>
>>808534
I want fire giants
also want alfar somewhere
>>
Didn't get too much use out of the sledgehammer in my mp game.
Like we waited with Bonemass for people to the point where some already had silver, and Moder location ready, and I was about to tame loxes in a tiny plains.
Then we killed Bonemass and Moder after eachother, and at that point it kinda felt like too late to really get use out of it.

In singleplayer I used it a lot in swamps, against bonemass, then in mountains against drakes, wolves and golems.
Even some use for cheesing in plains on rocks.
But you making it just for post-mountain cheese hasn't felt worth it really.
I upgraded it just to lvl 2 because of the hefty iron cost, I think I'll get some use in mistlands dungeons just as a utility but no great effect really.
>>
In my first mp game I went sword+shield, and kept the serpentscale shield because it looked so dope, despite the extra movement penalty and no parry compared to round shields.
And that was fine really, could block and then start mashing without much issue.

Then in singleplayer I mostly went knife+shield, but went for round shields.
Stagger, move in close and hit.

Went without shield most of the game in my current mp game, even raided the fuling village when I had troll gear+abyzzal razor, one friend had root, and one friend had silver.
Worked great, they die fast to abyssal, and with troll gear I can move in and out without getting hit easily.

Then I got padded and borrowed my friend's serpentscale shield and I had some issues.
-20% movement penalty, with the short range of the dagger, and no stagger from the serpentscale shield, made it kinda difficult to take full advantage of the blocking.

I thought it was kind of an interesting interaction between the items utility.
For padded+serpentscale shield(you probably shouldn't be using it anyway but it looks so nice), I'd use a weapon with better reach in the future.
Or maybe fenris+serpent+dagger.
I've seen a video of someone using tower shield+dagger+fenris to pretty good effect, that's only -11% movement speed so.
>>
>>808931
Don't target players or tame animals when PvP is turned off.
>>
>>809150
oh that's way worse than what they went with.
Glad they didn't listen.
Thanks anon.
>>
>>809173
>Continuing to be useless is way better than being useful
Haha funny anon
>>
>>809173
what?? how is that worse?! are you dense?
>>
They pretty clearly don't want the ballistas to completely obviate base defense. Most players pretty quickly realize they can cheese most attacks by just digging a trench. Building a death ball of fully automated turrets makes raids pointless.

My preferred solution would be keep dumb targeting as the drawback, but give us an off switch so we can easily let someone in or exit ourselves. Maybe required they be tied to wards or something so you can flip a group on/off. The only alternative I really see would be making them extremely fragile, or reducing their damage substantially so they don't just blast through everything threatening the player.
>>
>all this bullshit about automatic ballistas

Leave them "dumb" automagic as they are now without shooting players and add in a manual mode where you can hop in and shoot them yourself. Now you have automatic defenses on the areas of your base that you don't normally traffic and a manual ballista to use against shit inside your base where important stuff is, near the main entrance, ect.

You get to be an actual siege defender, you can manually shoot things so as to avoid breaking your own base, and you have an additional reason to make well designed bases so your blind spots are covered automatically and your important bits are manually protected by (you).
>>
>>809524
>They pretty clearly don't want the ballistas to completely obviate base defense
>Most players pretty quickly realize they can cheese most attacks by just digging a trench
They themselves must realize this too by now. Stake walls, guard wolves, stake walls 2.0 and ballistas are all completely BTFO by terrain manipulation as a means of defense. Build on raised ground, dig a moat or both and not a single raid can even touch your base besides the drakes while you are in the mountain phase and the fucking bats, which are really only a threat to your farms.

So if raids are already completely invalidated by something you can do before you even mine a single ore vein why bother making the actual cool methods of base defense so shit that they aren't worth messing around with?

I don't fucking understand.
>>
>>809561
My read of this is that they realized the problem and adding things like the bats, and now bugs that fly specifically to keep enemies threatening.
>>
>>809565
I wouldn't know, on my server we've yet to find the Queen for two weeks after killing Yagluth and I have yet to get a sIngle seeker raid, apparently Gjalls don't raid outside of the mistlands either.
>>
>>809573
You just got (un)lucky, regular seeker raids can definitely fly over gaps and invade outside of Mistlands.
>>
>>809524
>>809536
>>809561
It's not defense that they are worried about, it's you setting up a firing squad Infront of a boss or big camp of enemies with an inventory full of building materials and you tearing through the content with ease.
>>
>>809886
You can't build in a dungeon which the Mistland's boss has and is likely what will happen 2 years from now when the next biome drops.

More importantly, anyone that goes to that extent deserves to get to whatever they're trying to get to, the rest of us will just go in, kill the enemies normally, then get out in 1/20th the time.

>Hoeing some spot flat
>Mats to build the bench
>Mats to build the artisan table
>Mats to build 10 ballistas
>Good ammo for the ballistas

I don't even think you could carry this much shit and have the mist ball out. Even if you could, you now have the conundrum of trying to get all this crap packed up with all the enemies you killed and looted on top of it.
>>
>>809886
>>809896
yeah gotta remember you can't build these things until pretty late in the game
it's not like people will be cheesing the elder or bonemass with it
>>
>>809896
>>809914
This basically sums up what I would have said. I spent an entire night setting up ballistas around my base, largely just for aesthetic purposes because I think they look cool. And thats with the all the materials already gathered and transported to the base which took a very long time prior. They aren't even very functional the way I have them set up.

If somebody really wants to construct an elaborate AND functional ballista setup just to kill something, the work they'd have to do to make that happen should be all the tradeoff they need.

I just wonder how much the devs actually play their own game for this to be a concern of theirs. It's just asinine. The only reason I am so fixated on this is because out of almost everything in this game this stands out as the as an instance where the devs are totally disconnected from reality and stubbornly refuse to acknowledge it. Their reasoning on the matter is nonsense. As you said, you could not even cheese the mistlands boss with ballistas and you currently don't have to even fight the Dvergr camps to get what you need from them, I haven't fought a single one. Lure a Gjall over and let it do your work for you. Why would constructing a ballista trap for them be any different?
>>
I'm curious about food efficiency, as in how different foods stack up to eachother in terms of time.

Like obvously Onion Soup is better than Turnip Stew and Carrot Stew.
They onions, carrots and turnips all farm the same, and onion soup needs nothing else.

When it comes to like, Bread vs Onion Soup though.
Say you have 3 onion plants and 3 Barley plants.
By hand you harvest them and replant them with the same effort.

With onions you take 3 onions, replant one for seeds, and then replant those three seeds for equilibrium.
7 of these actions, for a gain of 2 onions, or a 3.5 action/gain efficiency per onion
With barley you take 3 barley, replant 3, and then you've gained 6 barley for 6 of these actions, or a 1 action/gain efficiency per onion.

With 10 Barley(Flour), you get 2 Bread, with 3 onions you get 1 Onion Soup.
So a 5 vs a 10.5 action/gain effiency, making bread more than twice as efficient as onion soup.

Ignoring atgeir/stagbreaker for harvesting barley, and the windmill atm.
I'm not sure how best to calculate stuff like this.
Maybe more practical tests would have to be made.
Atgeir makes the harvesting a lot faster, but not sure if that speed is offset by the windmill, or the oven work.

I kinda just wanna figure out top tier lazy food.
WIth a proper setup I guess chicken is gonna be up there, just like, regular grilled chicken.
>>
>>809932
Toppest tier lazy food is cloudberry and seeker meat obviously. You're wasting time if you are not eating the junk that the game is practically throwing at you.

After that, you should farm whatever is the highest tier food you can make since you needa small amount for the bosses only.
>>
Enemies need to destroy your base when they invade you.
More games need that.

The problem is that rebuilding is tedious of course, so the damage should only be temporary, or there needs to be an automatic rebuilding mechanic.
>>
>>809924
>I just wonder how much the devs actually play their own game
they don't or they wouldn't keep nerfing stamina
they have no idea how tedious to play this game can be, it's just balancing by spreadsheets
>>
File: 1607849750881.gif (1.84 MB, 245x210)
1.84 MB
1.84 MB GIF
>>810197
>tfw I actually farmed anglers for Bread and Fish stamina food

Fishing is the most horseshit garbage thing in the game. Bait creation is effectively perfect but jesus fucking christ they could put a 6x multiplier on fishing XP with no death penalty to boot and it still wouldn't be enough. You'd need 1000s of raw fish to even approach Fishing 40 which is all useless when you get into Mistlands because nothing needs raw fish.
>>
>>776297
I would be fine with 5/5 hp and stam buff for each boss killed the first time. It feels odd that your character is just as weak defensively end game as they are at the start with no armor or food buffs.
>>
>>810373
Is there a single survival game where fishing isn't just tedious and unnecessary? One of my friends tried to do go through the new fishing progression and lost interest well before being able to catch anglerfish. I just didn't even bother.
>>
File: 892970_20230118221928_1.png (2.86 MB, 2560x1440)
2.86 MB
2.86 MB PNG
>>810196
The PlanBuild mod has a totem you can place that reverts all buildings within it's range into blueprints if destroyed. Materials can be dumped into the totem to rebuild them.

As fragile as the buildings are in vanilla, I don't see how anyone would bother with building anything more intricate than a hole in the ground. The only way to enjoy the game is to build your shit on an island small enough to block off all spawns on.
>>
>>810608
>The PlanBuild mod has a totem you can place that reverts all buildings within it's range into blueprints if destroyed. Materials can be dumped into the totem to rebuild them.
That sounds awesome.
With that mod you could really increase the power of raids, and not cry when they break through.
Like making the fulings walk together in groups of 10 and really target the walls, maybe adding rams and catapults even.
I need to look into that mod.
Gjall raids might even be fun with that mod.

>As fragile as the buildings are in vanilla, I don't see how anyone would bother with building anything more intricate than a hole in the ground. The only way to enjoy the game is to build your shit on an island small enough to block off all spawns on.
I think base defense is fairly easy.
Like a leveled ground moat+palisade is what I had for singleplayer and that was enough.
In mp my friends go and mine out a moat and put up proper stone walls on top of the dirt wall, and nothing can ever get in, basically on an island at that point.
>>
File: 892970_20221217000023_1.png (2.24 MB, 2560x1440)
2.24 MB
2.24 MB PNG
>>810613
You'll still be on your own with refilling your chests if they are destroyed.
>>
File: 1367102447471.jpg (49 KB, 500x666)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>810607
Raft did it fine, you just build a rod and RNG decides what fish you get, which all are useful because all can become food with some for fancy cooking pot foods too. Doesn't take long to catch it or anything either but if you're solo it's not particularly useful because you have loads of other shit to do at any given time. Multiplayer effectively solves that problem though.

Valheim's bait creation is decent progression so long as you get an early fishing pole since you visit each area and will likely have the trophies from them. The issue is the fishing itself, particularly the stamina reqs and the skill level, isn't good. Fish can be buggy bastards and are in different positions than on the screen, fish species for some god awful reason have different stam drain so a level 1 angler vs a lvl 1 perch is largely different, and then you have fish levels where a level 4 angler even if fishing right from your boat at like 7m will still easily escape because you're losing like 80stamina per second but you reel at maybe 1m per second, not to mention you effectively need to make stam only foods just to fish as is.

Valheim Fishing is unironically just "Cheat that shit to level 50" tier shenanigans, which blows because most servers are forcing you to make a character from scratch and it's tied to their server so you can't cheat that shit in anyway. So it just becomes "Don't bother fishing" tier skill.
>>
>>810623
>You'll still be on your own with refilling your chests if they are destroyed.
Yeah figured, but that's not too big of a concern I think.
>>
>>810629
At least fish is decent.
Fish Wraps works for end game food, it ain't top tier, but acceptable.
>>
>>810629
Seems to me like fishing should just be reward for time investment. Find the trader, collect trophies for the bait, catch the required fish to progress. All that time plus the time spent finding fishing spots, casting, waiting for a bite, reeling in the fish seems like enough of a cost.

But no you also have lost bait for unsuccessful catches, a requirement to level up the skill and maintain that level to decrease the amount of unsuccessful catches, a requirement to eat a specific diet in order to decrease the amount of unsuccessful catches which also means extra time to gather the resources to be able to eat that specific diet.
>>
How is it that Zelda 64 has a more entertaining fishing mechanic than Valheim?

Another game that makes fishing fun, despite having a simplistic mechanic, is Terraria. Valheim definitely borrowed from that, but what they're missing is: CRATES.
>>
File: Think of it Batman.png (341 KB, 576x467)
341 KB
341 KB PNG
>They'll never go back and rebalance the "vanilla" game

Think of it Batman, an iron cultivator that plants 2 seeds at a time with a silver upgrade for 3, the artisan table having a blackmetal building that can automatically replant seeds with a mistlands upgrade that also harvests plants before replanting, copper veins actually dropping copper instead of just rocks, 2 hand swords in other tiers, magic pre mistlands so you can actually level the skills so they will be helpful in mistlands itself, crossbows in every tier that preferably don't have load times every time you stash it on your back if you've already cocked the fucking thing, Moder mountains having a big flattish area for you to fight her ass in because her AI is busted as fuck without it.

They actually added Troll's having headshot extra damage with ML and it's made early game much better.
>>
>>810840
>2 hand swords in other tiers
should be added very carefully.
Krom is so cool thanks to the rarity in progression.
If there's one of each of everything in every tier the game becomes very mundane.
Like I'm not saying no to any more earlier 2h swords, but just adding copper+iron+silver two handed swords willy nilly would suck.

I think there's potential for adding some weapons that you can find and not craft, and then upgrade instead. Terraria does this a bit.
Of course, autists hate shit like this that add variety, because they're gluttons that want everything at once always, it's why rare drop rates for variety is often troublesome, because instead of players being happy with a rare surprise, they get mad and grind the thing for hours instead.
But if it's based on world gen, it can maybe work without infuriating every autist to oblivion.
>>
>ideasman
>items you can find in some playthroughs if you are lucky for variety
>Meadow-Black Forest dual wield axes
Seems like they're adding dual wield axes in Ashlands, so maybe an early variant of those.
Found in stoneships or maybe crypts, made out of copper/bronze, and can be upgraded with those.
>2h silver sword
found in black forest or swamp like excalibur in a stone, needs iron pickaxe to dig out.
Can be upgraded with silver.
>some kind of fire weapon in frost caves
not sure what would be really interesting at this stage of the game, that would fill some kind of gap.
Like Iron Atgeir is already so good for even plains, so that feels meh.
Maybe 1h axe or another set of double wield axes.
Could have a rare armor piece, maybe a shield.
>>
I don't want general airships... but, I just saw a mistlands video after an airship mod video and now I want airships, that only function on mist, like in ff9.
>>
>>810788
Fishing for crates ruined Terraria
>>
>>810840
>magic pre mistlands so you can actually level the skills so they will be helpful in mistlands itself
I was saying the exact same thing to a friend the other day
I know this is still early access so they can get away with anything, but they're really just tacking on stuff instead of really integrating them. hope that changes down the line
>>
>>811098
Tamable/ridable Gjalls would be fucking cool. Tame ticks with bloodbags, eventually they grow into a tamed Gjall, craft a Gjall saddle and there you go.

Alternatively craft a rudimentary airship out if Gjall glands or something.
>>
>>811226
I really don't see how they'd do that if every bit of magic progression is tied to the mistlands itself.
>>
>>811432
yeah like I said, they just tack on rather than integrate
>>
I can't stop farming barley man
>>
>>811605
Same here
Don’t even make bread, I just like keeping the windmill busy
>>
File: 20230119233831_1.jpg (405 KB, 2560x1440)
405 KB
405 KB JPG
fun times
>>
>>811605
>tfw barley farming in vanilla

Fucking farmin' more than venturin' unironically.
>>
File: smolplains.png (46 KB, 1242x1002)
46 KB
46 KB PNG
>>811962
>>811642
roughly my area, found a tiny plains biome in mp

I mostly just maintain the lox pen closeby for now, got some wolves in there as well to guard the lox calves.
I

got 4 windmills working, covered the plains with fenced in farms and dug away the rocks, I plan to make it neater and flatter, like a few different levels.

For the lox pen I have 2 loxes inside a smaller area that they're too big to leave, but the lox calves are small enough to leave, so they go out into the pasture and grow up(and get chased around by greylings until I introduced the wolves).
>>
I think damage types could be more interesting.

A basic way to change it would maybe more varieties of resistances.
In plains, you could have have more types of fulings, like you'd see a Fuling village where the rooftops are all blue, like they're made out of troll leather instead, signifying a different type of Fuling that are very resistant to blunt, resistant to piercing, and weak to slashing or something.
Stuff like that for different biomes, not the fondest of that idea, but the simplest implementation I think.

Another way I was thinking where enemies have different types of hp pools.
Like say Fulings carrying shields, have a seperate hp pool you first have to get through, and that hp pool, has different weaknesses.
Shielded fuling is resistant to non blunt, then when you break it with your mace, it's now weak against your sword.
Would mostly matter to enemies with more hp, might need chonkier groups, not quite full villages of 2 stars, but some villages with just higher hp enemies but with the same damage.

You could have thresholds that change behaviour.
Say a Seeker Soldier, after X amount of blunt damage taken, it loses the resistance to piercing damage.

Or combined damage, where if the enemy takes lets say 20 piercing, it's now no longer resistant to 40 blunt damage for the next 4 seconds.

Could make it interesting to mix weapons in parties, switch weapons, or just weapons with combined damage like porcupine more interesting.
>>
>>812471
I'm so glad you don't make games
>>
How the fuck is this thread still alive?
It's literally a month and a half old.
Never seen a thread this old on 4channel.
>>
>>812515
/vm/ is nothing compared to /po/.
>>
Don't have much experience with this game but are you expected to build up an entirely new "base" each time you come to a new area? Black Forest seemed like an appropriate jump in difficulty and it's not unreasonably far away from the Meadows but the Swamp was such a spike in how quickly I got my teeth kicked in that I thought I missed a biome. Enemies spawn so quickly and in such great numbers and deal so much damage that I don't feel comfortable going anywhere because I'll just end up losing everything.
>>
>>812635
I play with quite a few mods but these tips should be relevant.

I would not make a base in the swamp. If you build a portal on the very top part of a crypt, the highest thin strip part of stone, then nothing in the swamp can hurt it. Use that as a base. Build up a stash of steel there and then get it all back to a Longship to process it at a base in the meadows.

Or be like me and use a mod that let's you teleport with metal.
>>
>>812508
fuck you
>>
>>812635
at least set up portals, if you do die and have to run, eat some god damn food and get a rested bonus.
Infuriating watching people do death runs with no rested and no stamina, and then ragequitting and calling the game too hard.

When I've played mp my friends have always gone hard into building bases at new locations.

In singleplayer, I made a couple of bases mostly for fun.
Main base in meadows next to black forest.
Base in meadows next to a big swamp for iron.
Had a semi-proper base by a mountain too, also inside meadows.
for flax/barley I just barricaded around a fuling fortress, and portaled back and forth from there.
Mistlands required no real base either, had a portal for saps and plants.

But my bases are pretty basic, a small house, then a palisade around it.

For my hardcore playthrough I stuck just to the main base.
>>
File: ishygddt.gif (3.29 MB, 186x186)
3.29 MB
3.29 MB GIF
>>810608
>not having your free-range Loxes farm mobs for you
>>
>>812635
The only permanent structure I have ever built in the swamp so far is an arena around some Draugr spawners that I can use to train my weapon skills up much later in the game.

Otherwise I do not bother besides temporary shacks on-top of the crypts I am raiding. Park a boat on the shore of the swamp, ferry iron and stuff back to the boat and then sail that shit back to the base you have in the meadows or black forest. The swamp is not somewhere you are meant to be longer than you absolutely have to be until you've conquered the next biome because the gear you get there is like a direct counter to the swamp and you will eventually need more Iron. Thankfully the mistlands has much easier ways to get iron so eventually you don't have to go back to the swamp ever.
>>
>>813962
>not putting your loxes in a autobreeder at your home base in the meadows

You're supposed to kill Metal Moose then build a raft to go to the next 1-2 continent over. Then you get to play survival man by rebuilding in a new meadow and do your black forest antics as per usual. If you get those luckerdog biome combos you can reach meadows, forest, swamp, mountain, and plains all on foot.

Then you either take a bunch of metals with you to Mistlands to build a new base or go full metal gear solid and procure all your copper and iron on site while just bringing some tin along.
>>
>decide to give game another run since I'd last played after launch
>few buddies say they'd be interested in joining a server if one was available
>get one
>no one's joined after almost 2 weeks

darnit. also, did they make trolls a little speedier or able to pathfind better? kiting them with a bow is actually a little risky now & I've found I can't just waddle away with 0 stam like I used to be able to. not complaining, as I feel they were too easy to blast with a bow at launch but now I'm having to conserve enough stam to let off a little sprint burst once they get close
>>
>>814206
>no one's joined after almost 2 weeks
yeah that shit sucks
I'm a bit luckier at least, but when my friends set up the server, I joined "late", as in a couple of hours late and there were 4 of them online already.
1 of them I've only seen online once since then.
Another of them is like on 1-2 a week.
The other 2 are online pretty often though, but we tried to like wait with bosses and stuff for the other two, but then they never bothered to show up.
Ended up fighting bonemass and moder in one go, while my friends already had silver stuff, from just mining randomly in the mountains.

Later 3 more people joined, I only saw those 3 online like 3 times.
>>
what if rain made crops grow faster
so the meta would be to farm in swamp

don't think I'd like the idea honestly, since I think it would kinda go against the theme of the swamp as a dead place in Valheim.
>>
File: 1375216882652.png (2.06 MB, 960x612)
2.06 MB
2.06 MB PNG
Anyone do heavily modded valheim like new biomes or monsters and what not? I'm just sort of waiting for Forest 2 to come out so I have time to kill.
>>
>>814258
No fuck that swamps are the worst. If there was a mod that changed progression and removed the swamp entirely I'd play it instantly.
>>
>>814367
If you could redesign it, how would you do it?
>>
File: plainsfarm.jpg (127 KB, 1366x768)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
>>812084
Contemplating on how to redesign my farm.
Like at first I just made these small fenced in mini farms as I expanded my initial crop yields, but now I want to make it more uniform.
Not entirely flat, but like leveled up towards the mountain at least, but maybe leveled in two directions.

Like stone rows between the plots, plots wide enough that an atgier aoe attack in the middle destroys all the plants, but doesn't hit any fences, but that part is less of an issue.
>>
File: plainsfarm2.jpg (134 KB, 1366x768)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
>>814671
>>
File: baseidea.png (33 KB, 1434x1164)
33 KB
33 KB PNG
>>814672
>>812084
essentially the two methods I'm considering
>>
>find 2 star pig outside my house
>tame it
>in a lil' fenced in area, outside my house
>working on another pig to breed it with
>evening
>go to bed
>wake up to storm
>shaman is poisoning the 2 star pig through the fence
god dang it
like I don't need the pig, I just wanted it.
Barely any spawns outside my house, so annoying 1 fucking ranged unit gets in there to snipe the 2 star pig
>>
>>814258
>I think it would kinda go against the theme of the swamp as a dead place in Valheim.
According to devs, this isn't even the theme of the swamps, but the Ashlands. Swamps are the remnants of a fallen civilization.
Reclaiming it for farming would be the first step for bringing back civilization.
>>
>>814697
>According to devs, this isn't even the theme of the swamps
Source
>but the Ashlands
not mutually exclusive
>>
>>814707
>Source
https://youtu.be/u7Oy07Ya-YM?t=211
>>
>>814709
based, thanks
>>
>>814124
You've never set up a little hut with a portal next to a (or preferably multiple if you're lucky) surtling spawners for free coal and cores?
>>
>>814722
I usually just set one up down in the ashlands for that because I don't really like passive farming in games. But I know that after the next update that probably won't be viable, so I will probably do that.
>>
What are the most fun parts of the game for you?
imo
>in multiplayer, most fun to least fun
Raiding fuling villages
building bases
First leviathans
Exploring Mistlands
First trip to swamp
Frost caves
Barley farming
Lox Breeding
First couple of serpents
Troll caves and trolls in general
Infested Mines
searching for onion seeds
sailing in general
Taming animals with stars
improving bases
Forest Tombs
any other trip to the swamp
>>
>tfw playing on a server with no repair save for upgrading, you can salvage broken shit for some of the mats (even has a skill attached so the more you salvage the better) and you have a blacksmithing skill so you can make better / more durable stuff
>entire idea is that it's meant to be played co-op, especially bosses, so it's significantly more difficult solo
>it's even kind of balanced okay for the above, the ships even move faster with more people "rowing", it's a multiplayer server through and through

You ever wonder why some idea guys, "devs" to an extent, will roll with an absolutely good idea but then completely fuck it up with something else? Think about it, everyone who's ever wanted to play on a MP centric valheim server that actually functions would love everything about this until you hit

>you can't fucking repair

And just like that, nobody wants in on that shit.
>>
>>815314
>You ever wonder why some idea guys, "devs" to an extent, will roll with an absolutely good idea but then completely fuck it up with something else?
All ideas aren't good.
You need someone else to say "no, not that" when you're making stuff.
George Lucas and the prequels being the old prime example. New trilogy is completely irrelevant to the point, so don't talk about it.
>>
>>815314
Maybe they think the best moments of Valheim were the first 30 to 60 minutes you played without knowing you could repair your stone axe instead of crafting the third one.
>>
>>815314

Imagine thinking that the problem with Valheim is that it's not grindy enough.
>>
>>814367

Seriously, swamps are a pure consolidation of all the worst things about Valheim. Bullshit stamina drain, any kind of water above knee-high being instant death, impossible to navigate terrain, bad lighting/visibility, bullshit enemies, instant death at nightfall due to swarming wraiths combined with the double hit to your stamina that is wet+cold, and unbelievably tedious resource grinding that never, ever ends, even after you've "beaten" the swamps, you'll still be raiding them for resources practically forever.

The transition from Dark Forests to Swamps feels like descending into hell, and conversely moving on from swamps to Mountains feels like ascending to heaven.
>>
>>815968
Skill issue.
>>
>>815968
can get iron from the mistlands too, don't have to use swamps forever if you don't want to
>>
>>816001
You have to go back for bloodbags and chains though. It's a little ridiculous that you can't forge chain yourself.
>>
>>815968
I'd argue that the mistlands is worse. Having to navigate tall as fuck mountains and islands with water everywhere is absolute cancer when swimming and stamina management are so shit. At least with the swamps you can more easily level paths with the hoe to avoid water.
>>
>>815968
>Bullshit stamina drain
Eat stamina foods, drink mead, fight defensively instead of running around
>any kind of water above knee-high being instant death
Use a hoe.
>impossible to navigate terrain
Use map markers. I also recommend an auto map pin mod, but reduce the range from the default.
>instant death at nightfall due to swarming wraiths
Their attack is telegraphed and relatively easy to dodge if you're not in water.
>unbelievably tedious resource grinding that never, ever ends, even after you've "beaten" the swamps, you'll still be raiding them for resources practically forever.
I've done like 12 sunken crypts across three swamps, including the one with the Bonemass altar. I still have some 300 iron spare. Just don't waste it on forging iron armor or weapons you don't need.
>>816007
>You have to go back for bloodbags and chains though. It's a little ridiculous that you can't forge chain yourself.
That much I agree with.
>>
>>815968
>Seriously, swamps are a pure consolidation of all the worst things about Valheim. Bullshit stamina drain, any kind of water above knee-high being instant death, impossible to navigate terrain, bad lighting/visibility, bullshit enemies, instant death at nightfall due to swarming wraiths combined with the double hit to your stamina that is wet+cold, and unbelievably tedious resource grinding that never, ever ends, even after you've "beaten" the swamps, you'll still be raiding them for resources practically forever.
It's not that hard.
>>
>>816007
>It's a little ridiculous that you can't forge chain yourself.
That's fair.
Should at least let us forge chains at Artisan Table or Black Forge with iron.
>>
>>816036
>>815968
>instant death at nightfall due to swarming wraiths
>Their attack is telegraphed and relatively easy to dodge if you're not in water.
yeah I literally killed them with an abyssal razor last time just getting hits in, and then walking/running out of range from their counterattack.
>>
>>815982

I've cleared the swamps and moved on to the next biome several times bro, I'm not saying I can't handle it. It's just a fucking miserable experience.
>>
I think if I were to make one small change for swamp, it would just be for the muddy scrap piles to get destroyed faster.
Like increasing the hit box of the muddy scrap piles so you hit more and basically never miss it when trying to get those smaller pieces, and decreasing the hp a lil' bit.
>>
File: tinyglade.jpg (42 KB, 460x215)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
Saw this and just thought some of the builders out there might like it as a planner/idea generator when it releases

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2198150/Tiny_Glade/
>>
>>816182
yeah that's reasonable
too bad these devs don't do reasonable
>>
>>773238
i've restarted with friends 3 times now. your friends are just fags
>>
>>816256
That's some slick building system.
>>
>everyone talks about deathsquitos being oneshot killing machines
>finally get to plains fearing the worst
>they're pretty harmless
>nobody ever mentioned of the packs of tar blobs that pissblast you with poison and slow
>>
>>816550
Probably faggots that have not played since the original release that went into the plains before they were ready. Just like the people who complained about the mistlands being too hard when it was their fault for being shit at videos games and unprepared for the biome. Now it's been nerfed to hell and back.

I died in the mistlands a few times but it really was not that challenging outside of one infested mine that was a genuine challenge to clear. I still have yet to get a mistlands raid at my base.
>>
>>816550
theyve been nerfed since release
>>
so is everyone here playing on a dedicated server together or something?
>>
File: 20230125184026_1.jpg (656 KB, 2560x1440)
656 KB
656 KB JPG
>>
>>816550
Lots of people have ptsd from getting sniped by a deathsquito, when they were in the bronze age and had forgotten to eat food when they first started playing so they got one shot.
I watched someone with silver gear be afraid of even getting close to plains "because I'll just get one shot", hilarious.
>>816717
>theyve been nerfed since release
They haven't.
Seekers were nerfed, deathsquitos weren't.
>>
>>816690
>I still have yet to get a mistlands raid at my base.
They changed it so it can no longer happen in meadows.
>>
>>816904
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/892970/old_view/3059603085893784927

>* Lower dmg on deathsquitos
>>
>>816919
Alright, 8 days after release.
Most people complained after that anyway, it's not a relevant nerf.
Going by the wiki entry of them being able to hit for 60+ damage pre-nerf, it couldn't have been that big of a nerf.
>>
>>816930
nice damage control
>>
>>816932
Context matters anon, we're referring to
>everyone talks about deathsquitos being oneshot killing machines
Everyone talking about this is way after the first 8 days of release, and based on the wiki information, the nerf might not even be big enough to matter if the conversations were from that period.
The nerf is not a relevant explanation for the phenomenon, even if it was there, it is not why people got assblasted by deathsquitos and ranted about them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAUvpSeu-GY
It's guys like this, getting destroyed by deathsquitos because he went into plains without a plan, not good enough food, in bronze gear and got rekt.
The nerf doesn't matter.
>>
>>816906
My base is in the plains.
>>
>>817029
Then it should still be able to happen for you
>>
>>816937
cmon you got btfo, stop moving the goalposts lol
>>
>>816937
Imagine playing with people like this, screaming and repeating the same shit over and over again. So fucking annoying.
>>
>>817032
I know, it just hasn't. I'm glad they are thinking about adding difficulty settings to the game. Unrestricted raids would be nice.
>>
I like Valheim.
This game badly needs a tunnel digging mechanic, though.
>>
>>817033
You didn't understand the point of the discussion, the nerf happened, but it doesn't matter in the context of the discussion, it's about as relevant as pointing out a typo.
>>
>>817100
>n-no I actually meant something else guys!! really!!
>>
>>817100
if it didnt matter then you wouldnt have tried to argue they were never nerfed to begin with lmao
>>
File: Spoiler Image (1.77 MB, 1920x1080)
1.77 MB
1.77 MB PNG
>>817056
Devs said it's not possible with how terrain is modeled in the game. Best thing you can do is pickaxe under a large rock.

>>817145
If he didn't start the first week of EA and didn't rush to the plains, he wouldn't have known about that nerf.
Also, the experience of trying to tackle the plains the first time and getting killed by Squitos is still nearly universal. First plains I tackled was an island with a Fuling village with early swamp gear. I sniped all the gobbos from the boat, including two shamans with little problems. When I landed, inevitably I got killed by the bugs. Everyone goes through this experience in some way. Then you learn your timing and never get killed by them again. Until you get too cocky and jump on them. I really should make a feather cape.
>>
>>817145
>if it didnt matter then you wouldnt have tried to argue they were never nerfed to begin
Because it was put forth as a reason for why people were hysterical about deathsquitos, and it wasn't the reason.
I checked the wiki, it didn't mention a nerf in the history page.
I figured you were mistaken and you just conflated it with the other insect, that I knew had been nerfed, the seekers.

I have also proven that the nerf didn't matter, with the video, showing people get btfo by deathsquitos, post-nerf, whatever the nerf was, maybe it dealt 5 less damage after, I don't know.

I thought your comment was wrong and irrelevant. It was not wrong, just irrelevant.
>>
I wish player armor was more in depth in this game. Right now all light armor past troll feels useless.
>>
>>817456

I think their math is just off. Troll Leather is just slightly lower protection than bronze. (6 vs 8) Iron Armor jumps 6 points over bronze to 14, while Root Armor is 2 points better than Troll Leather at 8. By the time you get to Fenris Armor vs Silver it's 10 vs 20, literally half the protection.

Heavy Armor is designed so that the next tier base protection is equal to the previous tier maxed. Applying that logic to light armor, the Root Set would be 12 def base instead of 8. Even scaling it back slightly, since Troll Leather is so good it mostly outshines Bronze, we could put the next tier at Level 3 effectiveness instead. That would mean Root Armor was defense 10 vs 14 for Iron, and Fenris was 14 vs 20 for Silver. Worth thinking about at that point, I'd say.
>>
>>817456
I disagree. As soon as I got the set Fenris fully upgraded I did not take it off besides the boss fight with the queen.
>>
>>817456
Root armor is still useful in the Mistlands for the pierce resistance the harnesk provides. Other anon already mentioned Fenris armor. You don't know what you're talking about.
Troll armor indeed gets obsoleted when you enter the mountains. And due to the stealth skill being ridiculously shitty to use in this game.
>>
>>817631
damn you sound like a cunt lol
>>
>>772134
>>816779
theres 2 servers posted here. The one with rage as a password me and my bro just started playing the game for the first time on.

Password: rage

Anyone want to join? just made a little hut in the meadows, going to be playing 5pm EST and this weekend.

steam friend code is: 970452850 username is Tryptatonic
>>
>Ballista is now single target or shoot everything
>Still shoots the player if on everything mode
Still fucking useless. I bet it doesn't even accounts for families. Like regular Greydwarves/Shamans and Brutes.
>>
262367 pass:vodka
Tranny kingdom
>>
>>818701
>Still shoots the player if on everything mode
What the FUCK is the point of this??? Why is it such a bad thing to have the bastilla not shoot at friendly targets? Thank fuck mods already fix this stupid shit.
>>
What's the general consensus on Valheim Plus? I've played up to the swamp before with a handful of QoL mods and it looks like Valheim covers a lot of things, but it also seems to alter the overall difficulty which I'm not too keen on if it lowers difficulty.
>>
>>819862
you can turn everything on or off individually, it can do as little or as much as you want
so it's nice
>>
File: 166467777872278.jpg (31 KB, 660x574)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
I'm playing valheim with my friends and I don't really enjoy farming so I usually spawn stuff for myself. Is there anyway they can tell that items are spawned?
>>
>>774601
Anyone know of a better inventory solution than MoreSlots? Im specifically looking for something that also adds hotkeys but the old "equipment and quick slots" is bugged for me and i lose my shit everytime i close and open the game

Also something that works with "equip multiple utility items" Would like to be able to wisp+belt+ring from epic loot
>>
>>789480
Its just pure unadulterated laziness. The IP isnt some crazy invention that would require a lot of nuanced understanding on the part of new hires to competently add to the game. In fact, half the shit is so half baked and retarded that hiring random players to just create assets for you would result in a better game even if they fired the current main devs. The amount of content theyve added in comparison to the shit some of the modders have fixed is down right laughable. And they'll never implement any of it because of pride of their shit design. The stamina/food redesign, half assed dungeon assets, stairs that dont function, buildings in black forests that are completely shit, etc, etc. Everything seemingly thrown together without care. Everytime I see some youtuber post their "village build" or whatever I'm reminded of how shit the devs are and how good the game could be.
>>
>>820664
You could try ExtendedPlayerInventory by aedenthorn. I don't use it since I'm satisfied with MoreSlots, but I use some of his other mods and they're fine.
>>
>>820697
Isnt that the same codebase as equipment and quickslots? I still get the disappearing items with that
>>
>>820699
Read the source. I stopped using EAQS since I disliked the interface and saw no need to try the replacement.
>>
>>820717
The problem comes down to the equipment slots being a "separate inventory". This essentially overwrites the code from "more utility" that allows you to equip more than 1 since they now have to go in a designated slot and there's only 1. Im looking for quick slots for items alone along with expanded inventory. Seems like everyone bundles quickslots with "equipment slots" instead of just a generic expanded inventory which is fucking things up
>>
Is fighting on slopes still impossible?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.