[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 121 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (1.52 MB, 1280x720)
1.52 MB
1.52 MB PNG
Season 8 is now in full swing, let's discuss all thing pirating.
>>
is there progression yet?
>>
>>766686
Loads of it.
>>
Cursed cannonballs are cancer and never should have been added to the game for player use.
>>
>>766695
Well they got a noticeable nerf with this update so I think they're at an acceptable level now. Blunderbomb spam is definitely the new meta for naval combat.
>>
>>766687
liar
>>
>>766726
Not really. There are quite a few factions now that you get to progress through for rewards. Plenty of story content to progress through as well.
>>
>>766772
it's a dogwhistle anon, when anyone ask for progression in a sea of theives related thread, may it be normiebook,reddit,twitter, or 4chan, they really mean "is this game a Autism sim like ark where the winner is who grind harder
>>
>>766828
We're aware of that, which is why we answer the question as asked instead of what they really mean.
>>
File: file.png (49 KB, 378x548)
49 KB
49 KB PNG
How far has most of /vm/ gotten so far?
>>
Still a sweaty shitty gankfest or?
>>
>>766834
Level 4
:'^)
My crew and I haven't been good at PvP since the game released and no one knew what they were doing. Now everyone but us has learned all the sick strats.
>>
>>766834
Level 23 with the reapers, I've been having a string of bad luck recently, I'll need to do my emissary ledgers for the time being.
>>
>>766924
I feel the luck thing
>Invade into a fight on my brig
>enemy brig noses straight into us and rams, I board them and one of them boards us
>I win my 2 v 1 fight while my crew loses theirs
>we took slightly more damage so we end up sinking despite me trying to come back to save it

>Hour and a half later, we get another fight against the same shit
>Absolutely demolish them inside of three minutes

Luck is a strange thing
>>
>>766866
My friend got filtered my pvp lol, it a shame cuz he’s the only one who will play sea of thieves.
>>
>>766948
by not my
>>
>>766830
so you lie
>>
>>766834
Still can't find any good players and the ones that are seem to not be aware of the new seasons features or want no part of it. It's mind baffling.
>>
>>767229
So queue up solo, so far most of the solo fights have been fun enough.
>>
Are the siren shrines still a thing? Those seemed to be a really good addition to the game.
>>
>>767544
They are. The shrines are neat but not great for loot unless you have a Breath of the Sea voyage. The Siren Treasuries are actually a solid way to make some gold solo if you don't mind leaving your ship for about 10 minutes.
>>
>>767546
Yeah, I was just getting single messages in bottles for the shrines last month and was getting a good amount of loot while spending some time away from the ship. I liked the puzzle elements in them, they weren't hard to figure out but they made unique use of player mobility and whatnot.
>>
>>767546
>if you don't mind leaving your ship for about 10 minutes.
That shit gets fucking s w e a t y when you're the one of the crew who stayed behind to watch the ship and you're watching reapers and other players wander around you on the map, inching ever closer. Good times
>>
>>767605
I'll do them solo if there's no reapers on the map, worst case if I get sunk I stash the loot in the mermaid and just come back for it.

But that's going to be harder to keep track of now with people constantly popping in and out of servers with Season 8. But overall I've had a lot less wandering PvPers since the season started.
>>
>>766686
Yeah you should see all the achievements , for practically everything in the game.
>>
File: what.png (21 KB, 309x397)
21 KB
21 KB PNG
>Get banned from xbox live for 3 days
>Reason(probably bad words?)
>Words: "WHAT WHAT ATHENA OK YES"
>Ban gets removed under 2 days
I haven't played this game in MONTHS, and when I was running athena. I was always making the parties.
What the fuck mircosoft.
>>
>>767708
Sounds like some bot was doing the janny work that day.
>>
>>767711
Thought so, just checked twitter. Seems a bunch of other people received bans over LFG messages around the same time.
>>
File: file.png (815 KB, 1170x1302)
815 KB
815 KB PNG
>Heh, nothing personal kid
>>
>>767956
>bomb ARE OP!!! even though if someone throw a bomb next to me i would DIE instantly and that is NOT how the bomb suppose to work in video games and NO the literally best way to kill mens in real life SHOULD NOT BE able to do it in my favorite PIRATE GAME
>>
>>768054
Uh are you ok? Do you need to talk to someone?
>>
File: sales.png (119 KB, 288x217)
119 KB
119 KB PNG
What sails are these?
>>
>>768212
Pretty sure they aren't in the game. Looks like the Sovereigns emblem and colors.
>>
>>768212
Might be in this seasons pass gifts
>>
>>768459
If you mean the Plunder Pass they are not, not in the free or paid version.
>>
File: file.png (2.75 MB, 2048x1253)
2.75 MB
2.75 MB PNG
>>
>>768739
>some nigga out there got a 101 win streak
>I consider it lucky to get a 2 win streak
I'm starting to think I'll never be good at pvp kek
>>
https://twitter.com/SeaOfThieves/status/1598723813323194368?t=Rx21alsvO3cC-Pxkn0QMkg&s=19
>announcement for a trailer
I hate this shit. Any testers know the details of this adventure?
>>
>>768779
The best I've had was a 10 streak, and I stopped there because that was enough for the commendation. Cashed in for like 300k gold and two levels of Guardians rep.
>>
How many hours a day you guys play this game
>>
>>768988
I'll do maybe a few hours of solo play total during the week, mostly grinding the commendations my normal crew doesn't want to do. On weekends I'll do one or two 4-5 hour sessions with friends where we mostly PvP.
>>
>>768988
It takes a half hour just to boot it up, get into the game and get underway so I don't play at all if I don't have at least a couple hours to spend to make it worth it. Which usually means weekends only.
>>
>>769007
Are you playing on a literal toaster? Even with grabbing supplies I can go from desktop to sailing and ready for a fight in under 10 minutes.
>>
>>768779
I got my first win today! Finally got a decent brig crew that knew what they were doing. They ended up quitting after though and it was during the dive wait for a match so I ended up cancelling but stuck in battle anyway, by myself. I gave it my best attempt evading until hopefully some people would join cause I don't stand a chance 1vs3, after about 10 mins they finally managed to ram me and got 2 on. Nobody joined. It seems like nobody wants to do this pvp, everybody quits either before it starts or during the wait, even if they say they all want to do it, I even join LFG crews and they bail too. I try to do it by myself but I end up with 1vs2 battles and I can't do everything by myself and once you're boarded it's over. This is going to be the hardest grind I ever had in this game. Fuck every one of you cowardly land lubbering mommy-tit-sucking lilly livered yellow belly wanna-be pirate losers.
>>
>>769284
Glad you got your first win, but you should know that people actually can't join the crew once a battle has started. The intention is to make it so people can't join solo queues and add a second player or swap in a ringer for low MMR fights. This might mean you lose some fights due to your crew quitting but overall I think the system works.
>>
>>769284
I am not spending 20 minutes of my time doing jack shit, bro. Fuck Rare and their shitty matchmaking.
>>
>>769309
I've never waited more than 10 minutes for a match.
>>
>>769310
You're lucky then. For some of us it's 10+ mins at least. They could have given us some sirens to shoot at or something.
>>
>>766834
66. My duos partner is about 110 because he has been autism grinding while I've been playing a couple other games.
>>
>>769325
I don't think this mode has worldwide matchmaking like arena did. Being Australian is suffering. I'd rather deal with lag than this shit.
>>
>sink same crew twice in battle for SoT
>get same crew for a third time
>one types "sink us if you are fond of men"
>regretfully sink them
>re queue and sink them again for a 4th time
Am I gay now?
>>
>>769549
Yes but you are still better than them, which is the important thing.
>>
>>769439
Australia vs Chinese kino
>>
>>769439
I'm glad you cunts don't get to play on our servers. Every one of you I met has been rude as fuck.
>>
>>770067
Rude how?
>>
>>770097
They're all bad losers, always go off with the usual "kill yourself" shit.
>>
>invade as galleon
>devil’s roar
>enemy galleon right next to erupting volcano
>all masts broken, top deck engulfed in flames
>sinks not even 5 mins in
>win

Next few we caught docked at outposts, free 3 streak.
>>
File: fuck this shit.png (949 KB, 1047x717)
949 KB
949 KB PNG
This is the shittiest fucking map I have ever seen.
>>
>>770544
That's pretty bad but I could still find it. Wanderers Refuge, top middle eastern side right above where the water flows through the tunnel. I'd start up around where the unfinished huts are.
>>
File: 1670153650984.jpg (521 KB, 1047x717)
521 KB
521 KB JPG
>>770546
It looks like it is in the middle of the huts. Either way I always use the well as a reference point on Wanderers. I fucking hate digging there. But old faithful, thieves haven and plunder valley take the cake. Smugglers bay can fuck itself too.
>>
>>770546
Yeah, the problem there is that Wanderer's Refuge is fucking huge, and this entire place is a mess.
>>770560
We found it, it was indeed next to one of the unfinished buildings, just a little ways outside it. Still took 15 minutes of digging around.
>>
>>770341
Always nice to get some free wins. I've only gotten one opponent who was at the dock, everyone else was ready, though I have had a couple scuttlers.
>>
File: file.png (2.91 MB, 2177x1550)
2.91 MB
2.91 MB PNG
What's the name of the ship you sail the most?
>>
File: ship names.png (244 KB, 847x396)
244 KB
244 KB PNG
>>770822
I Like Big Boats is the one with the most comms on it, I've started up GIVE ME YOUR LOOT has a pvp ship.
>>
>>770852
>GIVE ME YOUR LOOT
Are you twelve?
>>
>>770868
No, why?
>>
>>770868
In hindsight, it should be HAND OVER YOUR LOOT
>>
>>770852
I hope I Like Big Boats is a galleon, otherwise the name sucks.
>>
>>770875
Name sucks
>>
>>770885
It is a galleon.
>>
File: file.png (100 KB, 1179x777)
100 KB
100 KB PNG
Big changes coming.
>>
File: file.png (27 KB, 1233x264)
27 KB
27 KB PNG
Oh missed an important part.
>>
>>771417
Very nice.
>>
>>771417
>>771420

Also:
>Always spawn at outpost if sunk in faction battle
>Blunders no longer launch you into the air
>Cannon blunders do less damage to people inside ship
>>
>>771637
The blunders have less launch but not no launch, similar to how they made changes to the sloop previously.
>>
>>771417
Except the reduced throwables not bad. I wish they'd put a double stove in the Galleon.
>>
>>771637
>Cannon blunders do less damage to people inside ship
Dammit! Some pissy streamer probably got sunk over it and cried about this to get it changed.
>>
>>771901
No, literally everyone has been complaining about it. The entire meta of Season 8 so far has been to just blunderspam till you get kills. You need to stop letting "the streamers" live rent free in your head.
>>
>>766834
Level 8. I basically never win.
>>
>>772152
You'll get there. The MMR should be kicking in now and the sweaty players should be moving out of your ranking with any luck.
>>
>>771902
No the meta is ram the ship and board you drop anchor and kill the crew if possible. 9 out of 10 battles for me end like this and there's no defense except getting lucky with your blunderbombs to knock them in the water when they try to jump over. So much for being able to stop that soon I guess, and what about bb boarders off the ladder? Ruined soon too?
>>
>>772820
I don't like being mean, but if you are losing to ramming and boarding 9 out of 10 times, that's a skill issue on your part. I'm almost never even in a position where they could attempt a ram, let alone succeed in boarding and spawn camping.
>>
hehe hehehe
goysloop
>>
>>772876
Forgot to say I'm in the Galleon, you start pretty close with the sails all down so turning to get out of the way or to put them in cannonfire range will allow them to ram the side especially if they have the wind. You might get a few shots on them though. The other alternative is to pass by the side of each other, which is worse because they can still board you AND shoot at you with cursed ball or blunderbombs and it's pretty much the first to get lucky with a shot that gets the win. For galls the guaranteed win is the ones who successfully board and it's impossible to not get boarded within seconds of a match starting.
>>
>>773417
>pass by the side of each other
>both ships now in a completely equal position
>I lose 9 out of 10 times
Yup, skill issue
>>
I'm sick of getting dbl gunned they need to make that sniper rifle less affective at close range and hipfire.
>>
>>773419
I play open crew so..
>>
>>773529
No one is hipfiring the Eye of Reach, they are just quickscoping you.
>>
>>773531
So this may come as a shock to you, but open crew galleon PvP really doesn't represent the actual meta of the game.
>>
Why the fuck am I matchmaking with these niggas with lvl 100 curse!!!
>>
>>773878
You're just that good? Or they got it via just constantly sinking.
>>
>>773885
I'm positively certain the update hasn't been out long enough to get to level 100 just by sinking.
>>
>>773923
Estimates put it at about 1000-1200 sinks to get to 100. So it would be tough but maybe possible.
>>
>>773885
>>773923
I played almost but not yet 10 matches. and yes they have the ghost cruse which i think it really suck because it make yourself very visible.
>>
File: Cursed Balls.png (230 KB, 1075x554)
230 KB
230 KB PNG
Is this still true?
>>
>>774012
No. They all go in C for Cancer
>>
File: file.png (610 KB, 722x903)
610 KB
610 KB PNG
Who's ready to do more shit while drunk?
>>
>>773673
No, they are firing the blunderbuss and then imediately changing to the sniper and shooting right away, just 2 quick shots, poof bang you're dead. I thought they nerfed that you couldn't shoot until you finished your full draw but I guess not.
>>
>>774140
I know how double gunning works. And they are still not hip firing the eye of reach.
>>
>>773674
Ram, board, drop anchor. In every instance this happens the anchored rammed ship sinks. I dunno how it works with sloops I don't use them so maybe it's a different strategy to sink them. Most times the ramming happens some players are still blackscreened which makes the anchoring even easier.
>>
Haven't played since the game initially got released with little to no content. Is the game like "1.0" quality yet? I really dont have any online friends anymore, is it easy to make them?
>>
>>774631
It was 1.0 quality roughly two years ago, and has gotten better since. And I think it's easy enough to make friends, assuming you use your mic and are willing to be sociable.
>>
File: 1249881046202.png (246 KB, 576x432)
246 KB
246 KB PNG
>Minding my own business, doing solo Merchant Lost Shipment voyages, no Reapers on the server
>Heading to my shipwreck, suddenly a Grade V Reaper pops in out of nowhere 4 squares away
>They turn towards me, I turn away
>Short chase, then they turn and disappear
>"Ok, they went into matchmaking so I'm safe again"
>Get everything from my shipwreck
>As I'm sailing to the outpost they pop back in but now only 2 squares away
>mfw

Man you have to be extra vigilant these days
>>
>current adventure during insiders
>6 humble gifts, 3 generous
>adventure on live
>6 humble gifts and 3 gems

Thanks rare, merry fucking christmas you stingy dirtbags.
>>
>>774720
The gems are worth more, so I'm ok with this.
>>
>>766834
18 with servants. I just want into that fucking cave.
>>
>>774718
The game likes to fuck with you when it's the worst possible time, it's a double edge sword for me, sometimes it makes a dull voyage exciting and sometimes you just wanna sell your shit and avoid combat. It's why you'll get a Skeleton ship, a Kraken and a Meg all at once right as you leave your final island and you're loaded with loot.
>>
>>774720
>>774730
It's hard to get people to turn in your gifts or is that just me? I even left a bunch at reapers with a couple reapers chests, still can't get the commandation.
>>
>>775202
I have my commendations for turning in gifts, so turning in any more gifts just helps other people earn their commendations.

So no, I do not turn them in.
>>
>>773925
Was doing some testing earlier and I wasn't getting exp when I purposefully ran out of the battle bounds
>>
>>776138
You don't get any for going out of bounds or scuttling, you have to actually lose in the fight.
>>
File: 1662596955460125m.jpg (126 KB, 765x1024)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
Got a question, why is everyone I invade always at the edge of the map? Is it the meta or something?
>>
>>776145
I noticed this as well.
>>
>>776145
The explanation that makes the most sense to me is that the game can actually match up two people who are trying to invade if there's no suitable invasion target (more people are diving than just waiting for invaders). In that case it just picks a server with two open spots and spawns both ships in one of several "low traffic spots". North of plunders seems to be the games most favored spot for this.
It doesn't even seem to check if the spot is empty, one time I finished a fight and the two ships spawned almost right on top of me.
>>
>>776145
literally bots
>>
>>776298
This. I remember i got the same exact location twice. (on the right is the rock blocking the way so the match is forced to fight on the left side)
>>
As an experiment I buried 2 chests at different outposts and started the pvp as an athena. Took a while but someone finally invaded. I lost the match, due to the game having freezing issues while the ship was in my cannon range, and sunk. I lost the buried maps and the other maps I had picked up while waiting for the fight to start. After I spawned on a new server I went to the outposts I had buried the chests, and dug them up right where I had left them.
>>
What's the deal with the future of this game? They dropped Tall Tales in favor of adventures? Have they ever said definitively that they will still add Tall Tales? Since shores of gold I think the only tales that have been added are those two small ones about Flameheart and the disney crossover years ago. How long do they plan on providing support for sea of thieves without more permanent content?

I get that they won't add any more to the map because they are held back by Xbox One limitations. Is next-gen sea of thieves 2 on the horizon? Or can they at least drop support for the xbone?

What happened to that other game Rare teased years ago? What the fuck are they doing over there? Do they have a roadmap? Any kind of hints on what they're working on or what their plans are?
>>
>>776954
>Have they ever said definitively that they will still add Tall Tales?
Yes, they've said they will add more Tall Tales.
>How long do they plan on providing support for sea of thieves without more permanent content?
There's more content to the game than just Tall Tales.

Also they've confirmed several times that the Xbox One is not holding back the game.
>>
File: WTF.png (3.52 MB, 1920x1080)
3.52 MB
3.52 MB PNG
EHH!? WTF BRO
>>
>>777862
Considering I've never even seen that title and can't find anything on it online, I'm betting on this being a dev or a hacker. Or some really super serious no-lifer.
>>
https://www.seaofthieves.com/news/S8-matchmaking-changes
>xbox players making matchmaking longer
Peasant extermination when
>>
>>777968
I can't blame them for letting them keep players separate, the skill gap between PC and Xbox is massive. But I do like that they'd acknowledge the queue times and have actual tangible solutions to help.
>>
>>777968
Being Australian and having it set to controller only is suffering, I had to change it. Oh well.
>>
>red sea pvp exploit being fixed
Hell yeah
>>
>>778878
I'm much more excited about the extra supply shit and the blunderbomb nerf. Better fights and can get back in fights faster.
>>
This game needs 5 seconds of spawn protection.
>>
>>779904
That is an absolutely retarded idea. Also that was tested in varying amounts back in alpha and everyone hated it.
>>
File: 1666949658870090.jpg (239 KB, 769x1024)
239 KB
239 KB JPG
>>779904
Non-naval pvp is just terrible
>>
>>766605
The new tavern at gs is comfy.
>>
>NOOOOOOO HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO SINK YOU IF I CAN'T SPAWN CAMP YOU FOR TEN MINUTES WHILE THE SINGLE HOLE I PUT IN YOUR SHIP SLOWLY FILLS YOU WITH WATER
>WHAT DO YOU MEAN I HAVE TO GIT GUD AT NAVAL COMBAT INSTEAD
>>
>>780067
Who are you responding to?
>>
I just had my longest solo sloop match at 43 minutes. He ran out of supplies and rammed me while I shot him with the last batch of cannonballs I had. The extra holes worked out for me and he sunk just before I was about to. Then I limped back to an outpost to sell my hourglass before someone spawned on me and puckered my anus while I was helpless.
Only 93 more levels before I get my curse...
>>
>>780085
Nice, I've had a few fights end in jousting matches like that. Won a few, lost one when he managed to sail me outside the zone.
>>
>>766834
zero, loaded it up and tried to get in a match but we just went cruising underwater for like 20 minutes until the other two left so I quit too, if I wanted to wait 20 minutes to pvp I'd go play dota or something
>>
>>780068
he is reponding to >>779904 sir
>>
>>780134
Just got back from actually playing a match

loading screens take stupid long for no reason, matchmaking underwater is stupid as fuck and took forever - luckily my teammate stayed this time, but playing with randoms is like haha do you want to do a veil first and confirm you guys aren't retarded and whoopsie doopsie guess we have other shit to do now anyway or should we just hop into this pvp shit blind without knowing if anyone here is good or not(just play with friends haha - who the fuck has friends that play this besides the rare devs themselves?)

okay so I got into a match with these randoms I don't know are good or not because we don't have time to play together first, one guy takes the wheel and misses the boarder who anchors and kills him and the other guy I left behind when I went to board, we immediately get sunk and I officially spent more time in loading screens and underwater than the actual '''battle''''

immediately quit and questioned what the fuck i'm doing with myself playing this stupid shit that has no anticheat for wallhack and basically appears to be extending loading screens for as long as possible probably because they dont know how to optimize shit
>>
>>780202
overall the experience leaves a sour taste in my mouth and I actually enjoyed the naval pvp in this game, this is a cheap shitpile - I could've spent all the time in loading screens and in matchmaking actually sailing around looking for someone else to pvp and have more than a tiny space to do it
>>
>>780202
>who the fuck has friends that play this besides the rare devs themselves?
Almost everyone? Sorry you don't have friends man.
>>
>>780207
My adult friends play other games you absolute projecting sperg, my autistic basedboy cousin who is terminally online doesnt enjoy this made-for-children shit(because of the griefing aspect and how long it takes to do anything lmao) and my gamer brother who has literally been an xbox fanboi since we were teens, put hundreds of hours into that assassins creed sailing game, who has his own small crew that plays all sorts of games together literally at all times he isn't working, didn't enjoy this game

Easier to get my friends to play rdr or zombie panic source than convince them to load into SoT
>>
>>780202
You can check peoples hours assuming they don't hide them. Of course just because someone has played alot does not mean they are good, but if some nigger has like 2 days of playtime you are better off just leaving.
>>
File: 1626748683110.jpg (35 KB, 325x346)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>Get matched with the same sweaty ghost curse fag three times in a row
>>
>>780414
I had something similar last weekend, was annoying. But at least Rare's last blog post states that they know what's causing stuff like this and they have fixes to implement.
>>
>>766834
25 for both. I don't think I'm ever getting those curses honestly unless me and my friend start autisticly grinding on Duo sloop.
>>
>Go for one last sloop fight for the night
>Pretty even fight, he's shooting a lot more than me, he almost gets me but I kill him on board my ship
>Eventually he pulls up sails and stops
>shoot him till he sinks
>Find out he was just out of cannonballs and he gave up
Not sure if I should respect him for accepting his likely loss or thinking he's a weenie for not at least trying to ram and board for the sink.
>>
By the way the devs put it there's way more guardians of fortune than reaper fighter ships. That seems like the opposite of what I expected. I guess reaperkeks don't want fair pvp after all kek.
I'm just gonna do it for the cool skeleton curse stuff
>>
>>780585
I think it's more that the ghost curse is more appealing to your average player since you can still use your normal cosmetics.
>>
>>780593
fair
but skeletons are cooler
>>
>>780552
I had someone just not fight at all with his anchor down. Then he said "noooo you sank me, not the free xp" and laughed. Then I matched him immediately again, he actually tried the second time but he pretended like he wasn't. Lmao.
>>
File: 1671180890559.jpg (139 KB, 1027x445)
139 KB
139 KB JPG
So close, yet so far.
>>
>>780585
There are more PL than reaper level 75
>>
>>780675
You'll get there Merchant Bro. I'm getting close to finishing my Manifest Density commendation and then I'm actually done with merchant stuff.
>>
>>780624
I cannot imagine being so pathetic as to try to lose my to 100. That's hundreds of hours of just throwing and losing to get what you want instead of just actually trying. Just sad.
>>
>>780749
Reaper 75 is easier to get though, so I would be interested to see actual stats for something like this.
>>
WHY did the reaper's hideout not get an equivalent of the sovereign's tower? Almost shit my pants while running back and forth to turn loot in. Ended up having to sprint to the bathroom, clog my toilet, and sprint back before I had even sold half my loot. Anything could have happened while I was shitting. Anything!
>>
>>781158
Were you selling from the regular dock or the actually easy to sell from spot? No need for a sovereign when you can park your boat 10 feet from the tent entrance.

Alternatively, get a harpoon rowboat and drag all your loot inside.
>>
>>781158
I open my crew up for someone to help me sell. I hate doing it, but I gotta.
>>
I think the MMR for matchups is probably working,
though it's still funny how swingy it can be. Went three for three today and all very different
>First fight really even, lots of back and forth for about twenty minutes. Ended when we anchored each other on top of each other and I won the melee fighting
>Second fight he seemed pretty good, but I caught him with a one-ball on my third shot and it was straight downhill for him from there
>Third fight, fired four shots into him and he sank, guessing he scuttled or quit

Also didn't have to wait more than two minutes for any fight, so the update must have gotten people into it.
>>
The massively long "defeat" screen followed by the massively long loading screen if you sink to ANYTHING while repping a guardian/herald makes me never wanna do it
>>
>>781390
Massively long? You mean two or three minutes?
>>
>>781391
Yes it feels like eternity. The game already had enough endless loading screens before they fixed them and honestly they still happen.
The gigaloading screen when you lose is more punishing than losing itself
>>
>>781393
Have you tried... not losing?
>>
>>781396
The last time was getting kraken'd mid-fight, not really my fault, that was when I learned you get the gigaload defeat screen from any defeat
>>
>haha you lose?!
>its time for you to get black screen for 3 minutes hehe
What wrong with western dev
>>
>>779934
>everyone hated it.
>The double gunner aimbots hated it.
ftfy
>>
>>781424
Yeah because double gunning aimbots were already the meta in the fucking alpha stage of the game.

Dumb ass.
>>
>>780202
I got tired of that too so I just commit to a side, reaper or athena hourglass on the ship and NOT use the battle map. Go about your business, collect supplies, do a voyage, world events whatever. Eventually (about 10-15 mins) someone will pop up on you, get your guys back to your ship and engage. If you have a worthy crew you will fuck their shit up. I will tell you though, for some reason certain galleons seem impossible to sink even when you anchor them, blast the shit out of them while you circle and your 2 bloodthirsty cqb crew spawn kill them. 200 fucking cannonballs (almost every one we had) to sink a gall last time I played and about 10 mins they were anchored and burning the whole time. A storm came and passed over us the entire time and they still took forever to sink. I'm convinced there are some serious hacks available. These guys were good, we battled for at least 30 mins before we finally got the edge and anchored them.
>>
>>781442
It's hard to say for sure fi this was the case but when fighting galleons you really need to be sure you're aiming for lower deck holes. I've had people fight our galleon and only fire at the cannon line so we never took on water at all.

That's at least the most common reason I see people struggle when fighting galleons at least.
>>
>>781444
>you really need to be sure you're aiming for lower deck holes
Yeah I know that. I'm not a noob buddy, they should have sunk in a few minutes just from the enormus fire on their ship. Me and the other cannoneer sailing around them and pelting dozens of balls into them seemed to do nothing. I'm not for certain but I think they sank because they got tired of getting owned by the other 2 crew that spawn killed them and they all quit. There's just no other explaination how they could have stayed up after all the balls we put into them.
>>
>>781446
Fire takes a million years to burn a galleon down. Also there's known hacks of aimbot and ESP but no one has ever discovered a hack that effects ship damage or repairs. So I really think you're either under-estimating the other crew or over-estimating your own because there are plenty of other explanations than just accusing them of hacking.
>>
>>781451
I feel like we are playing different games. Everytime I've been on a ship with the entire upper deck in flames it sunk in a minute from holes busting up all over and the fire spreads super fast below and in the captians cabin. You didn't see how many times we circled and hit them with nearly 4 crates worth of balls, after a storm and while their entire ship was on fire for 10 minutes. I just sat watching the last few mins cause we only had 20 balls left and I thought they were sinking but they just stayed up. I don't know if it was hacks but what else could it be? No ship could survive 10 mins of that.
>>
>>781463
I agree that from your description of events it sounds like two different games. The fact of the matter is neither of our anecdotal experiences is going to convince the other person as we have no reason to believe each other and no evidence to show for any of it.

But that was absolutely not hacks, as there are no hacks to account for that. So either way I suggest focusing on what you can do instead of throwing your hands up and blaming non-existent hacks when you have a tough time.
>>
>>781471
When the storm hit us that was tough, that nearly got us cause 2 of my crew were on their ship and only one other guy was helping me repair and shoot. Which is why it's so hard to imagine they stayed alive as long as they did when holes were popping off below our decks and 2 of us struggled to keep afloat and not steer into a rock or off the battle range. YTou're right though, no point arguing about it, we beat them in the end hacks or not.
>>
>>781480
A galleon in a storm is a miserable thing. Last time I had a fight like that we just went full sails up and rotated at the other ship.
>>
>>781437
Proto double gunning aimbots have been in the game as sweaty pvp tryhards since the beginning so it still tracks.
>>
>Invaded a Reaper who was in the middle of a Fort of the Damned
I got to respect it, that crew had more courage than we usually do. Oh well, our Fort of the Damned now.
>>
>>781996
>ganked a reaper who ganked a reaper who was in the middle of a Fort of the Damned while he was still harpooning his loot
Must be that kind of day.
>>
the starting supply buff really rewards spiteful shits who will just keep coming back again and again if you sink them rendering it impossible to actually do what you wanted to do even if you keep sinking them
Worse is that the person doing this has nothing to lose so they have no reason not to keep throwing themselves at you and wasting your time if they want to.
>>
>>782115
Yeah that's me. What you gonna do about it?
>>
>>782120
make a pile of your captain logs
>>
>>782121
I'm one of those retards who sails a non captained ship because tracking my progress, selling quicker and restocking quicker is unimportant in a PVPVE game. Now what?
>>
File: yoshi smash.gif (517 KB, 294x213)
517 KB
517 KB GIF
>>782127
kill you (in real life)
>>
>>782115
>sinks a player for no reason
>calls them spiteful when they come back for revenge
I was doing the adventure you fuck
>>
>>782131
First time is for revenge. The next 5 is to be a pest. (I'm the pest)
>>
>>782131
I was referring to a situation where I was attacked first and they kept coming after losing.
>>
>>782104
It is odd how many people have been doing them lately. I really want the trinkets that come with doing them but I cannot be bothered to finish six more of them.
>>
>>782223
Seen someone doing one with 10 minutes left until server shutdown. I laughed.
>>
File: 1642786745441.png (785 KB, 1010x1010)
785 KB
785 KB PNG
Today is gonna be my day lads
>>
>>781396
>>781391
>two or three minute load times on each side of the pvp are okay after waiting 20 minutes in matchmaking
Jesus christ dude it takes me two or three minutes to matchmake a game of dota which then lasts 45+ minutes
>>
>>782654
I've played about six matches this weekend and never waited more than three minutes for a match. I know Rare acknowledged wait times are an issue in third world countries but that's not the experience everyone is having.
>>
>>782655
>lol dude it's your problem nobody else has these problems ever I know rare acknowledged them but they don't exist lmao
I live west coast USA dipshit, marketers are so retarded these days I swear
>>
>>782656
>marketers
Worse, he's just a bootlicker. He does it for free.
>>
>>782656
>>782729
Right, forgot this is 4chan where every game sucks and no one is allowed to enjoy anything. Every game is broken and complete ass.
>>
Does anyone know where the bird is right now? I thought it was supposed to be at New Golden Sands but I'm not seeing it.
>>
File: file.png (381 KB, 805x730)
381 KB
381 KB PNG
>>782801
>>
>>782803
Welp guess I'll try again tomorrow, thanks anon.
>>
>>782734
>Every game is broken and complete ass
Not always
But in this instance it's correct. The matchmaking blows chunks.
>>
>>782842
yeah i was hyped for this update but between the shit matchmaking times, the fact that it didn't bolster player numbers at all and the game still feels dead, and the presence of long-running issues with the game, it really blows
>>
>Queue for a fight as a solo
>Come out of the water at Golden Sands
>There's also a duo sloop battle going on at the same time
>So now it's a three versus three on two boats
>End up losing since my Athena bro kept sailing too far out and left me to get double teamed
Not sure how it happened but it was hectic and a lot of fun.
>>
>>782887
The best part of the update isn't the matchmaking, it's that no one is doing serverhopping Reaper 5s anymore.
>>
>>783142
They are, they just use the matchmaking to get to another server.
>>
>>783149
Yeah, but I've played like 40 hours this update and have yet to have a Reaper beeline for me from across the ocean.
I haven't had any big fights outside of matchmaking, actually.
>>
>>783153
I've had a few. My brig crew will matchmake once we're Reaper V, wipe out all emissaries on the new server, and then matchmake again.
>>
>they want to make every outpost like nu-golden sands
unironically soulless
>>
File: 1661267855692930.png (708 KB, 459x572)
708 KB
708 KB PNG
>one autist already got to lvl 1000 as reapers
>>
>>783342
Probably used one of several exploits to get there, though I think all the known ones are patched.
>>
>>783435
Hes talking about Mino. Dude is world first "legit" 1000. He streamed the whole thing so its confirmed.
>>
>>783534
And yet you put "legit" in quotes.
>>
>>777862
So this guy a hack
>>
>>783758
>760 hours
>only playing since June
He gotta be up to something.
>>
File: 1671536435501.jpg (101 KB, 904x760)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
Big milestone day.
>>
>>784076
Nice, I'm only at 68 days but have just one more achievement. I wonder if there's anyone who actually has all the achievements for this game, since it's pretty ridiculous.
>>
>>784125
21 people on truachievements alone. I won't ever get them all unless they removed my unfinished ones from arena. Sad.
>>
File: file.png (32 KB, 1317x215)
32 KB
32 KB PNG
What an odd change to make.
>>
File: file.png (57 KB, 1336x522)
57 KB
57 KB PNG
Also a good change.
>>
>>785886
Good. I was getting tired of seeing Smugglers Bay. Fuck that place.
>>
>>785899
Yeah I seem to always get that spot. I get they probably wanted to start with only big open areas to avoid collision issues, so good to see that they are rapidly making adjustments to make the mode better.

Also this should increase the chance of third party fights, which is always fun.
>>
File: 1585369641693.jpg (19 KB, 497x447)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>785884
>>785886
Very nice
>>
>Trying to watch lowbie streamers to get the cosmetics
>They're all trying to matchmake
>Around 8 different streams have stopped streaming after failing to matchmake for 20+ minutes
Jesus, Rare, get your shit together.
After 3 minutes you should just get literally anyone. Even if they're the same side as you.

>>785884
It's a very good change.
I always want a storage crate but it's too much to justify every single time I get online rather than just going to an island and finding one.
>>
>>786294
That's what they intend to do. First they're opening up cross-server cluster matchmaking so everyone gets a bigger pool, then expanding the ELO range, then opening up inter-faction matches.
>>
>>786297
Cool. Good changes.
>>
>>786306
It also seems really regional. My average wait time as Athena at level 28 solo is about five minutes, but it's not uncommon to get near instant fights. On a brig we're just a little longer but not much more.
>>
Solo PVP is so much better and easier. I think I'm done playing this mode with other people.
>>
>>786333
Can you give tips for solo?
>>
>>786385
Not him but one thing that helped me was to learn to live with damage. Like If you've got two or three holes and your mast down but you still have cannon angle you're often better just getting a bucket when you can and keeping fire on them. And kind of on that, never try to fix more than one hole at a time unless you know you're well clear of them and there's no chance they can get to you.
>>
>>786430
How do you stop boarders tho? You can't steer, shoot or repair/bail AND guard the ladder. I had one guy just bounce on and off the ladder until I had to bail or sink then he got on np. Couldn't even shoot him off and bb's always do more to harm me than them.
>>
>>786653
If you're at a dead stop and they're on the ladder sometimes it's better to just keep bailing, let them come up, and fight it out. He wants to stop you from bailing and he's doing that while you ladder guard, so why not force him to come up and actually try to stop you?

If you're still moving, throw blunders back at them from your cannon, that will blast them far away from the boat and will make sure they can't re-catch. Either way once they're off/dead if you can get any damage on them that should be your first goal, since that puts them on the defensive.

Solo slooping is often more about prioritization than raw mechanical skill. You're right that you can't do all of those things at once, you just need to learn which one thing is the most important at the time. Repairing is often the lowest priority, since bailing and putting holes in the other ship is a net gain.
>>
File: file.png (563 KB, 868x1085)
563 KB
563 KB PNG
Minotaur costume. Yay or nay?
>>
File: file.png (1.08 MB, 1425x909)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB PNG
Oh and the Flameheart world event is back, just without the Flameheart head.
>>
>>786727
looks cool
>>
>>786734
>without the Flameheart head
lame. he was the best part
>>
File: file.png (2.14 MB, 1920x1080)
2.14 MB
2.14 MB PNG
Get those PvP wins in this weekend.
>>
>>786960
Can't because the game won't let me buy supplies.
>>
>>786964
Well at least that likely means no one else can either. If you can snag one win that'll be most of the supplies you need.
>>
>it’s another completely silent player who just walks around seemingly at random and stares at things the entire time
Where do they come from?
>>
>>786964
Discard your captain quests. It is the workaround, it doesn't make sense but it works.
>>
File: 1497833063825.gif (991 KB, 240x135)
991 KB
991 KB GIF
>get chased by a reaper level 5 servants of the flame hourglass ship after we already turned everything in
>my crewmates get bored after a while and log
>stop the boat and let them catch up to see what their MO is
>hear a thick French accent
>"we friendly bro we friendly wait"
>obviously knew they weren't friendly but since this play sesh is over see what they do anyway
>"please men raise guardians vote and we make alliance"
>realize they were trying to hunt down unaware crews to farm guardian wins off of
Lol, didn't take long at all for people to become lazy scummy bastards with this shit. Pathetic desu. We assumed we were fucked given their max hourglass streak and dark adventurer sales but just goes to show to never judge a book by its cover, since if they're resorting to these sorts of tactics chances are they're shit at PVP.
>>
>>787615
I don't see how tricking people shows they are bad at PvP. If you see a chance for an easy win you take it either way.
>>
>>787617
I'm under the impression they got all their kills that way.
>>
>>787618
From what you posted I don't think there's enough to assume that. In my experience the crews that are really talkative and are trying to pull funny stuff like that are usually the experienced crews who are confident in their abilities.

So they might be shit, but in this game it's hard to judge any crew based on appearances or a limited interaction.
>>
>>787615
A youtuber does that trick, it's where they learned it from. I have witnessed it one time.
>>
>>787615
Why is it always the french? This season is great for pvp but for some reason the only players I encounter who still act toxic are the french?
>>
>>787767
It's been a long time since I've run into the French but yes every time they have been awful, spouting bad insults in even worse English.
>>
>>787732
I'm gonna sound like a boomer but I honestly feel like streamers and youtubers for this game are making it worse due to how many players they influence
I don't mind pvp but it's not the only goddamn thing I want to do in the game, but since most streamers are pvp-only anyone who joins the game via them is also going to laser-focus pvp
Surprisingly most don't use the hourglass either
>>
>>788041
The few streamers I watch use the hourglass occasionally now, typically just as a way to hop servers when there's no longer anything interesting left on theirs. Which seems like a perfectly reasonable way to play.
>>
>>788041
Watching someone do something and doing it yourself is 2 different things. The summit days were hilarious because you had people trying to adopt his playstyle, with none of the skill to pull it off. And you could always tell they started playing because of him. Wonder what all those summitfags are up to now.
>>
>>788247
Probably the same as him; playing GTA roleplay and sucking dick.
>>
>>786960
and yet matchmaking is the worst it's been
>>
>>787767
They're always the ones who sabatage the ship too usually at the worst most conniving time
>>
>>788428
Seems to be working fine for me. Had four fights with my brig crew today, never waited more than 5 minutes for a fight
>First fight was a push over
>Second was decent but we won
>Third was super even, really fun and we won in the end
>Fourth was against three ghosts and a level 300 skeleton, got rolled
>>
File: 1671968719163.jpg (2.79 MB, 3444x1608)
2.79 MB
2.79 MB JPG
Just hit level 50, bros. We are all gonna make it.
>>
>>788554
Very nice, only got to 34 myself so far.
>>
>duo slooping
>hit 4 streak and faction champion
>decide that tonight is the night we get a 5 streak
>vote and dive down
>burst out of the waves
>wait a minute... that's not a sloop
>realize we voted on the wrong thing and got matched with a galleon

We held our own for a while, but once they started triple boarding we were done for LOL
Remember to always check where you pin your dagger once you hit faction champion, kids!
>>
>>788887
Yeah my crew accidently did that once as we were working on our ten streak commendation. Thankfully brig versus galleon isn't so bad and we still won.
>>
>>788887
Must be nice. Fuck I can hardly ever even find people who want to do the pvp shit. The LFG is useless and when I do find players if the matches take longer than 30 seconds people get bored and quit.
>>
>Only made 500k and 6 levels in Guardians this weekend.

A weaker Gold and Glory, but I guess that's what happens when it's on Christmas.
>>
>bro joins me to grind allegiance for double xp weekend
>i usually solo sloop for pvp but what the hell duo sloop can't be much different
>turns out bro sucks dick at pvp
>can't hit the enemy ship even when it isn't fucking moving
>sucks at small arms combat as well
>won't listen to any advice I give
>lose every match
>tell him i have to go prepare for xmas stuff
>appear offline and go back to solo slooping
sorry bro but I can't let you hold me back. I'll call you when I want to pve some more
>>
>>789423
Yeah that's tough. My crew is better than average at PvP, but one of them starts to give up too early when things go bad and likes to ragequit if we sink.
>>
>>789423
my bro got filtered by pvp :(
>>
do we have a crew kings I just got the game.
>>
>re-install to try the pirate's life story
>before I get to the waypoint for 2nd tale, find a grotto next to it
>get one chest, attacked by shark
>respawn and get sniped by reaper who pulled up while I was on the ferry
>get blunderbuss to the face immediately after fade-in back to ship
>ship sunk
>quit
>>
>>790828
Your own fault for not paying attention. At most you were dead for 20 seconds.
>>
>>790852
I was still halfway underwater when the ship pulled up, and there were no ships in sight at all when I dove down. It's not "not paying attention" when the screen is still fading back in before you can even get bearings as to where you are when you're 1-hit
>>
>>790927
>there were no ships in sight at all when I dove down
So you admit to not paying attention.
>>
>>790828
>>quit
Don't quit, get revenge. You know where they are, get a rowboat and a keg and stalk them and wait for them to be busy doing something that will attract their attention. Better yet set up a keg trap system at their hideout and pop it when they go to sell. You might get lucky and kill the guys carrying their best chests, sell them while their souls hover over their body and gloat about it when they come back. You quitters don't deserve this game. I've successfully done both those options many times btw. Sometimes I fail, it happens at least I tried to mine for reaper tears.
>>
>>791275
Havn't been able to do shit like that since S8 started, I'm usually representing a faction and you still merge to a new server even if it isn't a proper battle for SoT if you sink. Getting revenge is sweet especially if you are solo and they are a bigger crew. Kegs are the way.
>>
File: 1672309664882.jpg (2.24 MB, 3840x2160)
2.24 MB
2.24 MB JPG
Just got my 100th sink.
74W/15L as a solo, not bad going for me.
How are you other 2 going? Lmao.
>>
>>791729
I've had a lot worse luck in the solo queues, as I've gotten way to use to the brig life. But I'm getting back into it, and I'd say I've won a little over half of my fights.
>>
File: 1503545122256.gif (3.51 MB, 600x338)
3.51 MB
3.51 MB GIF
>Finish my invasion fight, go to the outpost to sell the flag and quit
>Notice there's a brig with the OG Reapers Mark up just sitting at a fort with a Fort of Fortune key on board
>Five minutes later, no movement
>Decide to sail over and investigate
>Park behind them, go on the ship, it's two Reaper Pajamas just walking around the ship doing nothing
>Attempt communication, there is no intelligent life
>Casually take the key, open the vault, return with an Athena Keg, blow them up
>Call in a friend to help move the loot because I cannot be bothered to move a whole FoF worth of loot on my own
>my face the whole time

I seriously do not understand some of the bots that play this game
>>
>>791502
>Kegs are the way.
They really are, it's why I always kill and dig up random skeley captains at small islands, hoping for that captain chest / megakeg combo. Also why I avoid storms.
>>
>>791729
Tried to get some matches today but.. nothing. Even tried just waiting to be invaded, still nothing. Got some fotds done though. I have a feeling those curses will be impossible for some people to get.
>>
>>792370
Seems really regional, my friends and I rarely have to wait more than five minutes. But with the changes they are making coming soon it should get better.
>>
Just had the same 2 people immediately scuttle upon starting a match twice in a row. After the 4th time I asked one why.
>I am trying to match with a friend for wins thats why people keep sinking on you
>but you are both representing the same faction
>get no response
What retards lmao. Thanks for the 4 streak though I guess.
>>
>>792542
He's a double dumbass because he could at least ram you and sink so he'd get a little bit of allegiance, if you scuttle you get nothing.
>>
File: file.png (1.01 MB, 1280x720)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB PNG
You do have the next notch in your mug already, right?
>>
File: skel.jpg (188 KB, 1920x1080)
188 KB
188 KB JPG
>>791729
118 servants, 66 athena.
>>
>>792888
>>
>>792746
Last year it was easy for me, I dug up a chest of 1000 grogs and just took it with me to do everything. Hoping I get that lucky again.
>>
>>793318
I don't remember all the deeds from last year but it feels easier this year. Only need one drunk cannon shot on another ship when I think last year it was five. Digging up chests, burning skeletons, and killing a shark are also really easy.
>>
I don't think anything can ever surpass the feeling of sinking an opponent that won before and seeing your own emissary flag on the end of your harpoon. The losses are low but the highs you get from winning are so good.
>>
File: 1578707473768.gif (1012 KB, 300x206)
1012 KB
1012 KB GIF
>>793515
I get that feel. I lost a solo fight yesterday due to an early one ball, but I got him back shortly after and I dominated him and took both flags to sell.
>>
>>793322
Yeah I think the tasks are the same all pretty easy. Took me a while to find the animal crates since I didn't have room in my voyage inventory to get them from the merchant. I had to abandon the firebombing skeletons task too cause it just wouldn't register I did it.
>>
File: bface.jpg (21 KB, 365x280)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>TFW you sail over to a brig at a fort to donate your supplies cause you're tired of playing, pull up next to them cause they aren't paying attention and start loading your crates to their ship when they realise you're there and throw blunderbombs at your ship and suddenly an enormous blast sinks both ships in seconds and you realise you forgot to sell the ancient kegs you put in the crows nest.
>>
>>794326
That's why I always keep mine on the bowsprit. Won't forget about them and less damage overall if they go off.
>>
>>794326
Cringe for donating, but based for fucking them up, even if it was an accident. Fuck briggers.
>>
>>794322
You could have just used a merchant captain quest, bro. Gildeds be damned, I have 3 too.
>>
Why do they keep focusing on PVP content when no one ever plays it?
>>
>>794388
Because it's a PvPvE game, and prior to Season 8 the last year and a half of updates were all PvE focused.

You fucking PvE only faggots are insufferable.
>>
>>794372
I wish they'd give more options for gifts like that, since once you're at max reputation those voyages are not even worth doing. If they gave me an option to just get a gold pouch worth half as much as what I could get from the gilded I'd take that.
>>
every game i join i feel like im the only fucker in the server, how the fk do i get on populated ones
>>
>>794455
1. Check the emissary tables, set sail if there's at least two
2. Sail a rough circle nearish the middle the map going close enough to see each outpost
3. Occasionally shoot yourself straight up out of the cannon to get a better look around and see over islands
>>
>>794455
>>794458
Server hop until you see a reaper chest. Reaper chests only spawn when there is atleast 3 or more ships in the server, check your map. Nobody likes the wilds and nobody goes to the roar, so you have only 2 regions to sail through looking for them. Happy sinking. Not everyone runs emmisary.
>>
>>794460
Also good advice. And while true not everyone runs emissary, seeing emissaries on the table means there's a higher chance those boats are actually doing something and not just fresh spawns sitting at docks.
>>
File: 1656271539734.jpg (159 KB, 1080x1041)
159 KB
159 KB JPG
>Get matched against a sweaty ghost curse guy
>Going even till he lands an anchorball immediately followed by one balling me, assume I'm fucked
>Come back, he's anchored side by side with me
>Both just start blasting at each other point blank, no one repairing just bucketing
>But I'm bucketing on to his ship and he's not
>Get a one ball on him and win
>mfw I calmy say GG
Overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer
>>
File: 1671995995323505.gif (799 KB, 306x306)
799 KB
799 KB GIF
Tips on how to make person to person pvp not suck ass?
>>
>Feel like getting back into Sea of Thieves
>Stuck in searching for server for 10 mins
Is the game really that dead?
>>
>>794704
Nah, depends on a lot of factors. I was getting near instant solo queues this morning.
>>
>>794557
Don't do it
>>
>Unloading loot from ship
>Storm rolls in and lightning hits it, destroying it sinking it immediately in just one hit
>Get hit my lighting twice within the next 10 seconds
How have they still not fixed this? Does nobody else find it infuriating to get hit by lighting every several seconds during a storm? It's fucking retarded. Once in a while is fine but this is a joke.
>>
>>794806
>Storm rolls in and lightning hits it, destroying it sinking it immediately in just one hit
What the fuck are you talking about? Your ship sunk instantly from a single lightning strike? Because that doesn't happen.
>>
File: 20230102085827_1.jpg (262 KB, 1920x1080)
262 KB
262 KB JPG
>>794810
It most certainly did. I took a screenshot because I knew some faggot would deny it.
>>
>>794821
Yeah, that completely proves that you sunk because of one single lightning strike.

Dumb ass.
>>
>>794824
Why would I lie about it? Anyway, you don't think lightning hitting the player isn't too frequent during storms?
>>
>>794826
I believe that you believe it, but lightning strikes can damage at most one spot in a strike and often cause no actual damage to the ship. Your mast is down which is at least three points of damage, aside from whatever holes were put in your ship. This looks more like you had a keg on board that went off.
>>
File: file.png (140 KB, 790x267)
140 KB
140 KB PNG
>Game is dead it literally can't find servers
F
>>
Any Ausfags want to play together?
>>
>>795163
Post your GT, bro.
>>
>>795167
Steam or Xbox? I'm going to assume Xbox, Perelie#7882
>>
This game would unironically be more fun if you could customize your character how you wanted so it would be more immersive.
>>
File: rare.jpg (10 KB, 240x240)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>795263
>NOOOOOO YOUR CHARACTER HAS TO BE RANDOMISED BROWN GOBLIN GRANDMA BECAUSE, WELL, IT JUST DOES OKAY!?
>>
>>795276
It's not that hard to get a decent looking pirate.
>>
>>794828
this nigga insane.
what's next? white megalodons?
>>
>>795772
Forget the shrouded ghost, you will be lucky to see a meg at all these days. Up the spawn rate you faggots.
>>
https://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1672788200427535.webm
>>
>>796794
That's nice, are they pirates or something?
>>
sisters why no one posts here
>>
I'm going to get back into it this time, I can feel the sea calling me.
>>
>>797739
Do it, plunder and pillage.
>>
>>794388
>keep focusing
>one season of it
Shut the fuck up, shitter. Enjoy watching your dumb fuck numbers go up from eating bananas.
>>
>>794821
Double retard. 0/10
>>
>Nothing left to do now but max my Merch up
>drop down a capt prized merch voyage
>thinking it's gotta be decent cause it required level 50
>Its a fetch 5 chickens quest
>sigh okay lets see how much this raises my emisary
>first small island. No animals at all, not a single one
>second much larger island, only pigs
>start sailing to next even larger island
>it's against the wind
>start falling asleep
>nod off a few times and still not to island
>just quit and go take a nap
Guess I'll just stick with the lost shipments thing even thoughit's become so boring as well. Is there a better way?
>>
>>798078
Cargo runs? You know you can also google which islands have what animals. And here is another neat trick, if you either catch all or can't find the colo(u)rs of the animals you need on an island, just die and go to ferry to reset it.
>>
>>798094
Really? I thought it was just random. I've been to snake island and there was no snakes, next time I went they were everywhere.
>>
>>798058
can you please stop being mean to others
its really easy if you think about it
>>
>>798186
Yeah completely leaving an island, including dying, will completely reset what spawns there. If you're doing Merchant shit I recommend using the maps at Merfolk Lullaby or Rare Thief since they'll show you what animals are at what island, where the storm is and where it's going, and Merfolk will even show you the optimum route for doing runs of Commodities.
>>
File: 1672869621910814.jpg (100 KB, 708x697)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>798215
I will never stop being mean to dumb fuck solo pve only players.
>>
>Thank you for reporting this issue.
>One or more players that you recently reported were investigated and suspended from Sea of Thieves based on the evidence yourself and others have provided.
>Thank you for helping to steer the course of Sea of Thieves!

The ultimate PvP victory.
>>
>>798306
Are you the little bitch that got me banned from xbox social because I said "fuck you, buddy"?
>>
>>798306
What'd they do? You catch them cheating?
>>
>>798973
He called me a nigger after I sunk his ship.
>>
File: 1266958469676.png (231 KB, 448x448)
231 KB
231 KB PNG
>>798999
lame
>>
>>798306
>>798999
Nice
Fuck them kids
>>
>>798306
>>798999
I reported someone for the same thing but they didn't tell me the outcome. They just closed the case as resolved. Fucking niggers.
>>
File: 1672988640964.jpg (346 KB, 972x762)
346 KB
346 KB JPG
>>799185
>>
File: vid1.webm (363 KB, 286x480)
363 KB
363 KB WEBM
>>
>>799188
Weird, they've always told me the outcome. But you also have to have evidence of what they did (screenshot or recording) or they won't do shit.
>>
File: file.png (167 KB, 2041x951)
167 KB
167 KB PNG
Did not know this, but I guess that's a good change?
>>
>>799358
It was a video which included clear view of his gamertag. (And him calling us niggers)
>>
>>799362
>still prioritizes distance from other crews
Everyone will still be spawning the Wilds.
>>
>Get matched against the same player two days in a row
>All he wants to do is harpoon me off my ship on to his
>Every single time he does I get the upper hand and kill him
>Have to either slowly burn his ship down or keep going back to mine to put more wholes and repeat the process

Stop trying to copy Twitch streamers, kids. It ain't working.
>>
>>788887
I remember sinking 2 shitter galleons as a sloop with a friend of mine in like 2018 or so
those were the fuckin days, no bullshit cursed cannonballs just steel v steel
>>
>>799458
Often sink galleys in adventure, but those are mostly shit swabbies. This particular galleon was competent and double gunning. We had a good laugh though.
>>
>>799458
If anything cursed cannonballs hurt galleons more than any other ship type.
>>
>>799597
People used to not bother repairing mid deck holes on a gally to not waste wood. 1 ballastball was all it took, sunk a ship in the roar that way once when the area was still new. Niggas were mad as fuck.
>>
>>800096
In competitions people don't patch mid either, curse balls are prohibited in most leagues though. But if a ballast ball hits the whole crew just starts bilging for a few seconds.
>>
>>800096
If the enemy ship has a proper broadside sometimes you just don't have the time to repair mid decks. And if that ballastball comes at the right time there's no recovering.

On that note I appreciate the nerf t how often you find cursed cannonballs. It used to be you'd get spammed with them and couldn't do anything, now they feel like a special finishing move you but out only when really needed.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (727 KB, 2718x1906)
727 KB
727 KB JPG
I know this was one of you.
>>
>>800096
>>800238
Funny story, I'm on the whell with some dumbass pirates and tell em to repair cause I can hear us starting to take on too much water. That "sinking soon" warning sound occurs and I run down to help bail. These tards are repairing the mid deck and not the lower holes.
>>
>>801047
If they were new players that's honestly a really common mistake to make.
>>
>>800324
Yeah felt like a MVP once when during a battle we were losing the enemy decide to ram us, I suppose to board and finish us off. So they're coming straight into our broadside cause they assume we're too busy repairing masts and hull to shoot back. I get on a cannon and hit them with an anchorball just far enough away that they can't board us too quickly. Suddenly my crew dropped everything and blasted them to hell. They sunk in seconds. The boarders got on but they sunk so they insta-died a few seconds later. Was perfect.
>>
>>801051
I think a couple were but not -that- new. I just think they didn't care if we sunk. There's some pirates out there who have so much booty they care if they lose 10-20k.
>>
>>801047
>open crew galleon
Asking for fucking chaos. Galleon a shit anyway.
>>
>>801149
Galleon Vs Galleon fights are super fun though if you have crews with even half a brain.
>>
>shotgun/Eye of reach naked sweaties who spend all day practicing one of the most broken, jankiest, shallow pvp in gaming
Imagine the smell
>>
>>801696
I just can't give up my sword. It's so fucking versatile and has saved me in far too many hairy situations.
>>
>>801848
I am lost without the sword dash.
>>
Got sea of thieves on steam sale and totally did not expect this game to fill the void left in me by Outer Wilds, very similar adventure feeling, although not as imaginative, still the experience of sailing across the seas all by yourself is absolutely stellar. Just wish the core combat gameplay wasnt so ass, but thats negligeble. Wanted to ask you guys for some pointers whats the most interesting stuff to do in it and where do I begin? Running errands is cool and all but I snatched a chest from some guys that fought a boss in one of those sea castles and got more money for it than for like 8 errand runs combined. How much of the game is doable solo? The story mission I did kinda sucked dick, its just listening to npcs go through their lines and doing scripted interactions/fighting mobs which is about as entertaining as watching paint dry.
>>
>>801956
>The story mission I did kinda sucked dick
Not sure which one you did, but the later Tale Tales are more interesting, so if it's an adventure feeling you want those might be the best.
>>
>>801956
>How much of the game is doable solo?
Most of it. But sometimes you'll have some stuff that requires at least one other crew to complete with you. I think they refined things to be teired to the size of your crew so a Galleon crew will have a tougher fight with a kraken compared to a sloop crew. Keep your eye on the Events buried and hidden way deep in the menus with the season pass stuff, there's tons of stuff that pops up for a limited time and usually you get some of the best looking cosmetics from completing them. The Tall Tales are decent if you have the time especially the Pirates life disney ones. But if you'r ejust looking for a quick adventure, either voyages or hitting the active world event or the ghost forts are okay. The higher level you are the better voyages you can afford. Want some real fun? Join an open crew once or twice a while. Don't expect to turn in treasure but do expect the unexpected. Also if you're new, try to do voyages that keep you on an island for a while, since you'll have a good chance of encountering an Ancient skeleton that drops ancient coins when you kill it. It'll have VERY distinctive popup music/sound effects different from anything else. Usually you'll pay real world money for ancient coins but these skeletons give them for free. Have fun out there and remember if you lose your loot, don't let it get to you, there's plenty more out there to steal or dig up.
>>
>>801944
Sword dash is so underappreciated that I'm almost glad more people don't use it. I can't count the number of fights I've won because people just don't or can't get out of the way of it.
>>
File: file.png (660 KB, 856x481)
660 KB
660 KB PNG
Who wants the Oreo set?
>>
Boarders should be able to just rip the planks off patched hull holes. It'd make it so hits permanently progress the fight, it shakes up boarder interactions as they get funneled/distracted by popping off boards, and it'd make fights against sloops way less sloggy for both big ships and solo sloopers.
>>
>>802460
Boarding is already too effective, your idea is bad.
>>
>>802473
Nah, because even though it's an addition to boarding, the end result is more about making the naval hits you've made throughout the rest of the fight matter a lot more.
>>
>>801848
I like sword too but even after the double gun patches it's still way too easy and strong and fast to just 1-2 with the eye and blunder combo.
Doesn't help that normal sword swings are like hitting people with a pool noodle and your opponent will tank several before one-blunding you
>>
>>802804
If it's one on one and you can consistently hit your shots then yeah the double gun is for sure the way to go. Too often though I'm the crew member has to board the enemy ship and fight one against two to four, and at that point the sword is really going to come into it's own.
>>
File: 1476151702103.png (114 KB, 457x361)
114 KB
114 KB PNG
>find out merrick still takes fish
>he got moved to the Guardians of Fortune level 100 area
I just wanted comfy instant fishing
>>
>>802378
Actually isn't bad
>>
File: 1626857539544.jpg (5 KB, 249x297)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>>802815
>Stephen's Spoils is still completely useless
>>
>>802802
As long as it takes 2x as long to remove as it took to put on and once you start you can't stop until its off.
>>
>>802804
Hell yeah sword should do double damage to an opponet not also holding a sword
>>
4.5 hours with the battle mode set on GoF. We just sailed around doing world events waiting for someone, anyone to attack. 4.5 hours and we only got 2 ships the entire time. I bet there was a dozen sitting underwater at any one time. They gotta fix this shit. I want a ship every 15 mins, I don't care what kind of ship or what skill level just fucking send something ffs.
>>
>>802853
Curious what region you're in, when I played on a brig this weekend we were getting people pretty consistently every 20 minutes.
>>
>>802853
By the time their fix comes it will already be too late I fear.
>>
>>802917
Eastern North America

>>803076
Maybe. I don't know but I think they might have given server preferance to certain regions over others. I see a few people who already have the curses, but I've been at it 2-3 times a week and I'm only about 10's in both. I just can't get any combat, and when I do I lose because my crew got fed up waiting and left. My best streak is 3 and that's after a 8 hour stretch on that last weekend with the gold and glory, we only got 3 ships that whole time and thats with trying underwater matchmaking until we get bored and switched to waiting to be attacked.
I'm going to try solo sloop for the next few days and see how different it is.
>>
>>803173
Solo is the only way to play it. Nobody can drag you down.
>>
>>803173
Weird, can't say what the issue is since I'm in the same region, have been using all types of ships and crew sizes, and have still rarely had to wait more than 10 minutes for a fight. I've also encountered more than my fair share of people with one of the curses.

Not shilling or saying you're making shit up, just that I don't understand the discrepancy. But they just did a test for both matchmaking changes so this will probably be coming out in a week or so.
>>
File: file.png (15 KB, 1042x128)
15 KB
15 KB PNG
Well there's that exploit fixed.
>>
File: file.png (426 KB, 750x923)
426 KB
426 KB PNG
New kind of sword design (functionally the same) and new Barnacled set.
>>
>>803495
Even the hidden in the wall exploit?
>>
>>804121
I'm not sure I know what that is, they just fixed the loot wall.
>>
File: 1673509279708.jpg (3.8 MB, 3840x2160)
3.8 MB
3.8 MB JPG
>2 trophy snow wreckers within 15 minutes
Hunterbros our time is now.
>>
Hit 50 in Gold Hoarders and Merchant Alliance, just gotta finish the last few levels of Order of Souls. What's the fastest way to grind that? Ghost fleet missions?
>>
>>805118
Ghost fleet is probably best if you're confident enough in your naval abilities. I'd also do the Ashen Winds event if it's up because it's really easy to solo and drops plenty of good skulls.
>>
>>805120
>I'd also do the Ashen Winds event if it's up because it's really easy to solo and drops plenty of good skulls.
It's been a long time since I did that event (possibly years) and I recall it being easy but extremely time consuming and grindy. Did they lower the boss health at some point?
>>
>>805121
No, but there's easy options to kill him. Cannons make short work of him, but even better if you have several Tridents they will cut through him in no time. I think my best time solo was about ten minutes.
>>
>>805122
Cool, thanks for the tips.
>>
>>805123
Sure. If you didn't know (since I find a lot of people who don't) Tridents actually do bonus damage against PvE enemies so they're always worth keeping around when grinding stuff like that. Just don't have them on the boat if you're going to get in a real fight.
>>
>>803495
Season 8 has finally made so many people realize how bad, broken, and exploitative this game's pvp is and it's been a hilarious watch
>>
>>805063
Where do you get the Snows? all I ever get are the Suns or the common ones.
>>
>>805698
Snow ones are just the rare variant. No special conditions, just have to be lucky.
>>
>>805698
Turn on nameplates for fish if it isn't on, you'll save yourself some time. Cast and recast until you get your desired fish, don't let some bitch made splashtail steal your bait.
>>
>>805701
>>805726
It's always earthworms for them right?
>>
File: 1673591169789.jpg (2.58 MB, 3840x2160)
2.58 MB
2.58 MB JPG
>>805772
Yes. Playing right now, 4th cast of the session, how do I do it?
>>
>>805118
Unironically sea forts are the fastest way to get order of souls rep just because all other sources drop a low amount of skulls for the effort
the world events others mentioned aren't bad though
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (306 KB, 888x1326)
306 KB
306 KB JPG
Give me my shipset you fucking euroniggers.
>>
>solo matchmake
>sloop and brig doing FoF in alliance
Fucking faggots, time to server hop to find them and sink them without boundary restrictions.
>>
>>805776
Sailors Bounty ehh ...
>>
>>806059
I would think one of the top captain hunting voyages dropped in the roar would be best especially if you get that elusive 8 island bounty. The heads are worth much more in the roar and theres much less effort involved since most islands erupt in geysers that destroy the skeles for you.
>>
>>806732
Was a reaper chest shipwreck, far away from everyone. Perfect place to fish alone.
>>
>>806751
For doing stuff like that it was kind of nice when shipwrecks were able to spawn way out, just near the red sea. But now that's fixed and they all spawn within the normal boundaries. But a spot like that still looks like you wouldn't likely be messed with.
>>
File: 1673855068415.jpg (139 KB, 1060x465)
139 KB
139 KB JPG
>>780675
>one month later
We are all gonna make it.
>>
File: vsf2vb.png (113 KB, 400x243)
113 KB
113 KB PNG
>>808374
I feel the pain. I'm working on the Lost Shipment voyages and it is a slog

>Do one last night
>Get the key on the second stop
>"Alright, I can just skip right to the end now"
>Get there and the fucking ship glitched leaving only the Manifest, when I specifically need to use the key to open the cabin
>mfw
>>
AHEEMM if you play on xboot*
>>>/vg/414919364
>>
>>808528
Not sure what you are working on exactly, but picking up the manifest from the dead nigga is what completes the voyage.
>>
>>805776
I can catch one wrecker but after that it's impossible to get anymore, for me anyway. It's like they locked me at 1 special fish per area.
>>
>>809063
He's gotta open the captains cabin with the key. I still got 4 more of those to go.
>>
File: 1673947052514.jpg (1.43 MB, 1920x1080)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB JPG
>load into open crew (yikes a million)
>dude is heading to green tornado
>we should do a rowboat steal bro
>alright.jpg
>arrive just as they finish
>I kill them
>he steals it
>he begins rowing away
>I stay to distract them
>I die
>respawn back on ship
>uhhh dude I kinda feel bad
>I just wanted to see if I could steal it, not actually keep it
>gives athena chest back
>leaves
>go over with ship and sink them anyway
The fucking pussy faggots that play this game I swear.
>>
>>809063
There's two commendations, one for finding the manifest and one for opening the captain's cabin with the key. I need the second one and the game screwed me out of it.
>>
>>809297
Sounds like some streamer shit to me.
>>
File: 1261891135930.jpg (12 KB, 200x210)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>809297
>Open Gall crew
>"I see a ship" someone shouts
>Assume they want to rob or sink them
>We get close and I bring us in for attack
>WE'RE FRIENDLY
>LETS FORM AN ALLIANCE!
>mfw
>so now I have to stay on the ship and wait for the enivitable betrayal by keg or some sneaky tucker trying to get a chuckle
Open crew sucks most of the time but sometimes you get that god-teir crew and it just makes your day.
>>
>>809858
I always stay on the ship too and just watch and wait for one of the others to do some dumb shit. Just the other day on a open crew sloop we sank this brig 4 times at a FoF, the 5th time they wanted an alliance, I knew what was gonna happen. So me and one of thiers stays on our own ships, the others work on the fort. Eventually I get tired of standing/sitting around waiting for a betrayal so I hide in the tuck spot on my sloop to try and bait them in to thinking I either left or was off the ship. Wouldn't you know it one of those niggers grabs one of our storage crates and heads downstairs. He manages to get a mere 7 planks before I appear out of nowhere and kill him and another crewmate. We sank this brig a total of 10 times throughout because they just kept coming back, took a really long time but it was kinda entertaining.
>>
File: file.png (89 KB, 1570x591)
89 KB
89 KB PNG
Looks like those Fort of the Damned achievements will be a bit easier now.
>>
File: file.png (57 KB, 1502x525)
57 KB
57 KB PNG
And for the fishermen...
>>
File: file.png (109 KB, 1572x632)
109 KB
109 KB PNG
Some selling quality of life shit.
>>
>>810268
One of the good things about stealing an FOTD is knowing that the shitters you stole it from had to spend time not only doing the fort but also had to spend time gathering the lights. More FOTDs to steal I guess.
>>
>>810645
I get that. I generally don't like making old content easier but if this means more people doing it and more shit to steal then I consider it a net positive.
>>
>>810707
I agree. I've noticed that half the time I shoot over to check, the FotD has the lanterns lit and once I even found a ritual skull in the middle of the floor. I'm not sure if other players did this or if the devs did.
>>
Does this mean that more of the core development team at Rare is focusing on Everwild, if they have to bring in support studios for Sea of Thieves content updates?
>>
>>811211
No idea what it means really. We haven't heard from Everwild in ages so who knows if that's actually still a thing. Could also be they're working on things Rare hasn't done before, like anti-cheat or helping fix hitreg. Destruction All Stars is garbage but it is a very fast physics based multiplayer game with both players and vehicles so there's certainly some tools and talent they have that could apply to SoT.
>>
https://www.seaofthieves.com/release-notes/2.7.2

Patch notes out.
>>
>>805417
Yeah, at least they’re working to fix it
>>
File: 784xts.jpg (86 KB, 500x586)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
Whiners doing tall tales/adventurers are the worst.
>>
>>812150
Imagine if these faggots had to do tall tales before checkpoints. They probably don't even know such a time existed, spoiled fucking queers.
>>
>>812150
If I can figure out that someone is doing a Tall Tale before I sink them I'll typically let them go. But I'm absolutely taking any loot and chainshots they have and I will sink them if they give me any lip about it.
>>
>>812258
This is the way, leave them be BUT only after they pay the tax.
>>
File: 1524986641930.gif (1.87 MB, 600x338)
1.87 MB
1.87 MB GIF
>Finish Lost Shipment, end up with two mega kegs
>ship starts chasing me to the outpost
>jump off the back of my ship
>now I have one mega keg and no ship chasing me
>mfw
I pity the people who don't always keep kegs on the ship. Makes the game infinitely more hilarious.
>>
>>812803
Megakegs are the best. I love watching them go up.
>>
Did a PvP invasion, Fort of the Damned is already active on the server. Our brig sinks, turns out he'd finished it twice, was about to finish a third, and had supplies ready for like six more. bad luck for him, about half a million in gold for us.
>>
>>813395
Just one guy doing it? Damn he's a trooper, that fort is tediously painful to do alone.
>>
>>813730
Meant to say we sank him. It was a duo sloop, but he came back once solo then quit after we sank him again. They had like twenty Tridents up top, and with those it's really not bad.
>>
>fucking 12yo snipes my sloop mast
is there some kind of aim bot for cannons or was he just lucky
>>
>>813891
Assume aimbot, I've seen consistantly impossible shots lately. Even the best players miss a shot now and then.
>>
>>813891
Not that I know of. A pro-tip for chains is to always aim higher than you think. Chains drop off fast and the arms of the mast have their own hit boxes so aiming higher drastically increases your odds of hitting.
>>
>>812150
Sounds like you're just insecure about being a pirate
>>
you think the adventure's ending means a new type of monster is gonna be added to the game or is it just gonna be kraken?
>>
>>814546
The creature Briggsy was afraid to let out of the whatever? That would be nice, some kind of land monster we can encounter in underground shrines etc.
>>
>>814546
You can bet your ass is will be a reskin of something
>>
>>814458
I bet you use this line all the time on the Ferry, loser
>>
>>814692
It'll be a giant crocodile, who followed Captain Hook into the Sea of Thieves.
>>
>>814865
lol what's the point in calling someone a scrub when apparently they're great at making you seethe like a little bitch boy. Fact of the matter is: Tall Tale players bitching when they die is just the sound the crab makes when it boils. It shouldn't even register, and if it does, that's a sign that you're insecure about being a pirate.
>>
>>816077
>>816077
Our crew had one of those this weekend. We're a Reaper brig, we spot him, a sloop with a grade 3 Gold Hoarder flag. We start sinking him and he immediately starts bitching "I'm just trying to do a Tall Tale". Tried to explain to this clown that having the emissary flag up is literally asking for PvP and telling us to come sink him and he's just "No it isn't, you guys are just faggots".

Gave us a good chuckle at least.
>>
File: 1651907986199.jpg (87 KB, 690x561)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
>>812803
I fucking hate my "Captain" who always refuses to let me keep a single fucking keg on the ship.
I understand wanting to be careful with explosives, but we're already so cautious around enemy ships that I can't imagine even being hit in the first place. Outside of being chased and forced into a fight.
I want to blow shit up, god damnit!
>>
this game is so weird sometimes, it wouldn't let me name my sloop "The SS" I even tried "The SS Superior" what's wrong with these perfectly normal ship names?
>>
>>766828
you just want the game to cater to pussies like you
>>
>>816531
The "the" is implied, stop trying to put it in your ship name.
>>
>>816595
the no fuck you
>>
File: file.png (100 KB, 1530x626)
100 KB
100 KB PNG
An interesting change.
>>
>>816767
Sloop v Sloop is going to take fucking forever now.
>>
>>816924
It takes about ten seconds to unlock the ammo, so all you have to do is just unlock it once you've killed them the first time.
>>
>>816767
The Harpoon changes matter a lot more to me. Speeds up shit 10fold, although I assume it still leaves your ship open to getting murked by some Open Crew jughead that hooks a keg.
>>
>>816924
It already does
>>
>>817429
I don't like the change. It's already too easy to move and sell loot and this just makes it even easier. All of this makes stealing loot so much harder since the amount of time people are stationary and vulnerable is going to be so much lower. Insider Forum seems to mostly hate it so I hope they walk it back.
>>
>>817544
I don't see a problem then. The only situation that's really affected by this negatively is those rare occasions where you're ambushing someone turning in a stack that far extends beyond the usual Grade V cycle. Otherwise, the effect is neutral or a net positive for gameplay.
>>
>>818021
I don't think any update that removes mechanics and makes a unique fundamental part of the game is a net positive but hey, I'm also not one of those solo only PvE whiners so clearly this update isn't targeted at me.
>>
>>818048
>solo-only PvE whiners
Sounds like you're just obsessed with something else. I mean, there's a lot to be said about the limited scope through which this negatively affects ambushing stationary ships during voyages and world events, namely how it doesn't actually impact the time that primarily creates ambush opportunities. One could talk about what's typically the target of any outpost snags and how this doesn't change much about those situations outside of the aforementioned huge stack cash-ins, unless you're already in a chase which then brings the discussion more about drip-selling and the like

But instead you're already running with being a passive aggressive little bitch that lets solo sloopers live rent free in your head, even though I exclusively play this with a couple buddies and still welcome the change despite harpoon hot potato already allowing fast transfers.
>>
File: file.png (2.97 MB, 2235x1478)
2.97 MB
2.97 MB PNG
Gold Hoarders have a bank now.
>>
>>818057
Remind me wtf you're talking about. What changes?
>>
>>818173
On the Insider servers they've made a change where harpooned loot now automatically gets placed on the ship behind you instead of being left on the hook to be grabbed.
>>
>>818173
>>818181
Not just the ship harpoons, it also applies to the rowboats and the Sovereign's hut (placing it on the lift). Right now, the main contention on the insider forum is that it cuts down on the immersion and part of the crew actions, and whether this straddles the line of other QoL changes that already automate previously manual tasks.
>>
>>818070
>the're even doing the happy merchant pose
Holy based rare
>>
How come hackers are always Russians?
>>
>>818488
I've never met a Russian in the game, and only maybe three actually confirmed hackers.
>>
>>818198
The only quality of life improvement I want is the ability to cycle through food andcannonballs/cursed/fire/blunderbomb. It takes too long to select specific things out of my inventory and all the time I have to just stand motionless. Usually in front of the cannon where seconds later I have my head blown off. I really hate needing to eat some food and pulling out the raw pork I picked up 30 mins ago and forgot to cook. Why didn't the mango come up?
>>
>>819215
>the ability to cycle through food andcannonballs/cursed/fire/blunderbomb.
Uh that's been in the game for a long time. You just press the same button again.
>>
>>819227
Sorry I didn't specify, xbox. You have to hold the bumper button to open the quik menu and move the left stick to the item on the wheel you want to pull up. What pops up is a random food item or the last food item you just picked up if it was a short while ago. You can open another quik menu to access your fire/blunders but not cursed balls. If I open the quik menu and select cannonballs then do what you said, to select cannonballs, I will never get a cursed ball, only cannonballs. It's 4 steps to select a blunderbomb so it's not too bad but still takes time and you're motionless throughout.
>>
Unpopular Opinion: The rear sail of the Galleon should take the same amount of time to raise, fix, and turn as the sloops sail. Anyone who disagrees is wrong.
>>
>>819259
oh and also should require 2 chainshots to knock down too!
>>
>>819255
What happens if you set food as dedicated button, like D-Pad left? I would think it would cycle food then by tapping it.
>>
>>819275
I'd lose my ability to turn pages in books. I'll try it later and see just for curiousity sake.
>>
>>819286
Alternatively, plug a mouse and keyboard into your Xbox.
>>
>>816767
This is just another buff to the galley and shitters. I get that getting camped on a sloop sucks it happens to me but when I fight galleons or good brigs you're just gonna have to hit every shot now and pray hitreg doesn't cuck you.
If they do implement this feature, it should only be for solo sloop players and MAYBE duo sloop. Brigs and Galley's shouldn't have this
>>
>>819259
>Unpopular opinion
*Retarded opinion
FTFY
>>
>>819275
>>819333
I tried it and it worked. Weird thing I didn't lose the page turning on d-pad right either. Unfortunately I would have to sacrifice a different button to map the cannonballs to get the same result. So it is possible but there's not quite enough buttons on a controller.
>>
>>819408
I'm an Xbox player too. Mine are as follows.
Dpad Up: Throwables
Dpad Right: Bucket
Dpad Left: Text Chat
Right Stick click: Food
You can cycle your food and throwables. There is almost zero times where turning backwards in a book was necessary, so Dpad left stays that way for me. So you have atleast 3 things you can bind without unbinding something else.
>>
>Playing on controller
I feel sorry for you guys. playing on my shitty laptop is infinitely better than playing on xbox and controller. it also made me way better then I originally was.
>>
>>819460
I have a kb&m plugged in, maybe one day I will care enough to use it. Having the 120fps advantage over the poorfags on Xbox One is enough for now.
>>
>>819408
Well glad you found at least a partial solution. For cannonballs the wheel when you're on the cannon will have to be good enough.
>>
File: file.png (2.37 MB, 1605x1542)
2.37 MB
2.37 MB PNG
What in the horrors is this shit?
>>
File: 1454285942296.jpg (19 KB, 325x311)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>hunting down skelly ships
>sailing in front of the Sea Dogs tavern
>ship slams into something that stops ship dead in it's tracks
>have to turn and sail around it
>look back and there's literally nothing there
>>
>>819749
Oh you discovered the invisible rock, was pretty funny the first time I found it.
>>
How do you find crewmates? Open crew is just no mics or kids.
>>
>>820254
The Looking For Group tool on Xbox Game Bar.
>>
>>819422
You didn't lose you quick chat texts or emotes?
>>
>>819749
Hit that twice now. There's another one a little ways to the west of that one. We found that chasing a sloop.
>>
>>820319
Oh no, he won't be able to endless RODL people.
>>
>>820319
Dpad down is emotes
Pirate chat is Right bumper
I have never changed those, they should be the default setting.
>>
I don't even want the ghost curse. The Mysterious Stranger clothes are way fucking better than it but you need to be like level 200 to unlock it all.
>>
>>820583
That's my only complaint with the system as is, that there's effectively no rewards from 0-100 other than some ugly figureheads. They could have done one main piece each of that clothing set every twenty levels so you feel like you're getting something for that initial grind.
>>
>Sink two ships doing the Fort of Fortune
>Kill last 3 bosses with cannons and start putting loot onto our sloop
>Random mermaid appears right in front of our ship
>Teammate stays behind with a rowboat since Ancient Spire is so close to row kegs over
>As I'm leaving see the guy try to cannon out to my ship
>misses and says "I tried" in chat
Pace22bros why does tucking NEVER work anymore?
>>
>>820627
The only people who it works on anymore are the people who are too dumb to actually do anything worth tucking on.
>>
File: 1670256997952631.jpg (52 KB, 682x1024)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
Bros... I'm getting kind of demoralized with the servant of the flame grind. I love the curse but 100 levels of shitty super shallow pvp really aren't looking like a good time investment. You get literally nothing cool from 0-100, and once you get there eventually you still need unbelievable amounts of grinding to get good customizations.
At least the ghost curse allows you to use your own clothes
>>
File: file.png (3.4 MB, 2284x1793)
3.4 MB
3.4 MB PNG
I finally got them, and now never have to do another merchant voyage for the rest of my life.
>>
>>820583
Still L13 in each. I have a hard time solo, it takes fucking forever to sink a sloop even if I never miss any shots, and once I get boarded I'm done in seconds. Playing with open crew results in some people quitting mid battle and everyone but me quitting after we sink. very very slow going. Xbox LFG is completely useless.
>>
>>821168
>once I get boarded
Board them first. If you're landing all of your shots then you should be able to easily launch yourself to their ship and board.
>>
>>821136
very nice
>>
File: file.png (441 KB, 1691x1345)
441 KB
441 KB PNG
Apparently anon complaining about food options on Xbox was heard. Along with some other shit.
>>
>>821430
>Bait Crate
Fucking finally
>>
>>820254
There's a discord that's great for finding crews, just don't play with Swedes, they're retarded
>>
>>821682
Between that and being able to sell fish at outposts I feel bad for the guys who grinded out all the fishing commendations before. Going to be super easy now.
>>
File: 1427251550804.jpg (56 KB, 480x640)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>821815
Yeah ha ha
>>
>>821170
Tried that, either I fuck it up and get killed, which has me black screening till I lose or their other player boards me and sails my ship out of bounds or I sink from holes because no one is there to fix them. Lagg seems to be my biggest pvp nemesis when it comes to cqb.
>>
>>821876
While this sounds obvious, you need to just stop letting them get on board. Listen for the sounds of swimming, use blunderbombs on the ladders if you don't feel confident guarding the ladder, etc. If you're that bad at CQC you might just have to give up some cannonshots to make sure they are staying off.
>>
>>821886
Sorry but it's just impossible. A guy can just sit on the ladder until I sink while his buddy fills my ship full of holes. Either I guard the ladder or I let him board while I repair. I can't get the hang of using bombs to get him off the ladder they always explode in my own face and knock me back or off and a gun shot does nothing. I even have people somehow leapfroging up the ladder and jumping way over to the front of the ship past me when I do guard the ladder. So unless RARE lets us pull up our ladders in these fights there's no way I'm ever going to win solo unless the other player just quits or doesn't try.
>>
File: 1675161145976.webm (1012 KB, 1920x1080)
1012 KB
1012 KB WEBM
>>821930
I spent too much time trying to kill boarders on ladders and got fucked so many times for different reasons. Stand opposite and do this as soon as you hear the splash and it's bye bye faggot.
>>
>>822129
Good spot, alternatively if you're on the cannons you should be able to throw back and hit them near directly to send them off. And as long as you're moving they aren't getting back on.
>>
>Plug controller into laptop to goof around in Hourglass on my lunch break
>Not intending to win, figure I'll get a little rep and lower my ELO for later
>Because of the controller get matched with Xbox players
>They are almost all no better than actual bots
>Half actually throw the fights, the other half are so bad I can beat them by just ramming and boarding

Bros, I've figured out how to get the curses. It's amazing, I'm getting like five levels a day while barely trying.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.