[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 65 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 3341.jpg (2.07 MB, 2164x1624)
2.07 MB
2.07 MB JPG
Previous thread: >>675674

Beta Edition. Private server discussion welcome.

>What is FFXI?
FFXIV with soul.

>Is it too late to start?
No. The entirety of the story can be completed solo if one chooses.

>Where do I start?
There is a 14 day free trial.
https://store.na.square-enix-games.com/en_US/product/442968/final-fantasy-xi-free-trial-pc-download

>Oh my God, what am I doing?
Read the guide.
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Quickstart_1-119_Guide

>I don't want to use a guide.
Trust me, you do.
>>
already created a Horizon account, just waiting for the day bros
>>
>>761090
We should get a Fagcord going or something.
>>
>>761095
why? Horizon's Discord is already there and is very active
>>
>>761118
To make a 4chan linkshell.
>>
any news on combined subs? I want to head back in and fool around on retail but man i hate paying full price for it
>>
>>761121
>To make a 4chan linkshell
Not 100% sure I'll play Horizon but would be cool in case. I think it's a very ambitious project, I'd be curious to see how they would make Abyssea at 75 cap, and I like the fact that it's a pogression server, so I could play every expansion and start fresh together with everyone else. Don't know how to feel about jobs rebalance though, I don't really like the custom content part, but we'll see. Today they should release the last 3 jobs preview. If they make drg playable in endgame I might be jumping in the 17th
>>
i wanted to get back on wings after a year off but it's pretty daunting that they're down to 200 concurrent players so fast. i'm interested in knowing why you guys think people will play on horizon over wings?
>>
Starting on a fresh server with a mage job or anything that relies on items like shiheis will be hell.
I'm still not sure what job to play.
>>
>>761212
I doubt it'll ever happen. FFXI is tied so intrinsically to POL that there'd be no easy way to do it for people playing FFXIV.
>>
File: 1651468800851.png (796 KB, 1920x1080)
796 KB
796 KB PNG
>>
File: 1639219441124.png (771 KB, 1920x1080)
771 KB
771 KB PNG
>>
File: 1656249332424.png (850 KB, 1920x1080)
850 KB
850 KB PNG
>>
>>761359
let's fucking go. I would be really curious to see how it actually plays out in endgame
>>
>>761358
>historically underused
Yeah, because they were shit.
>>
>>761340
Maybe the buzz has worn off?
>>
>>761340
You'll get a nice month or so of decent players (probably 1000+) and then it'll trickle. Don't think that's necessarily that bad, but Horizon will most likely end up with ~500ish players.
>>
>>761399
that would be higher than any other p server. Basically everyone on eden has 2/3 accounts
>>
>>761351
Linking subscriptions wouldn't necessitate getting rid of POL. All payments are done through the SE account and they've given linked subscription benefits in the past. I doubt it'll happen though because XI is likely still very profitable since it's actually a good game people are willing to pay $13-80+ month for.
>>
What's more based, tank Taru or mage Galka or Elvaan BLM ?
>>
File: wut.png (16 KB, 833x459)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
Can someone give me a quick rundown of what happened with Nasomi? I didn't play for a while and it seems more than half the population disappeared since then. I know they apparently did some questionable decisions but I don't know much more than that.

HorizonXI seems like an interesting server to play on though, due to being a 75 Era+ server, so I'll give it a try if you guys hop on it.
>>
>>761449
>Nasomi
Probably just some retarded admin drama, the bane of all private servers. Nas was always known to be a bit of a schizo and his flunkies got caught monopolizing the market a while back, and I think there was a big problem with admins cheating and doing RMT. Eden had a similar thing which sucks because theu are the only server trying to do a 1:1 version of the game. I switched servers 3 times before just saying fuck it and quitting.
>>
Any of these worth picking up?
>>
>>761548
>Amchuchu
Great for heavy damage fights. Holds aggro about as good as the other decent tank trusts, but having an AoE mdef buff is great
>Koru-Moru
One of the best RDM trusts you can get even if his HP pool is shit
>King of Hearts
Another decent RDM trust that's more offensive than Koru, however he only buffs you and Shantotto trusts. So he won't refresh your other trusts.
>Qultada
Must have trust due to being one of the only corsair trusts. Rolls help a lot once you trust out of the point where trusts do shit damage. Also does Corsair's Roll for exp whenever you use one of the EXP / CP rings
>Sakura
A "nice to have" as it speeds up melee skill gain rate and gives a HP regen buff. I used it a lot during leveling at lower levels.
>>
>>761456
> Eden had a similar thing which sucks because theu are the only server trying to do a 1:1 version of the game. I switched servers 3 times before just saying fuck it and quitting.
really? well Eden seems still pretty alive though
>>
>>761548
King of Hearts is the only trust that will always give you haste 2 regardless of your job so very useful if you play something like melee COR or something. You want pretty much every trust anyway to get the level boost from having 86 (?) different trusts.
>>
>>761560
Eden seems to have one dev really hellbent on implementing shit no one wants, like the xp bands timer change or the buff timers
>>
If Horizon remains drama-free and has a steady stream of content, I can see this being our Turtle WoW, which means it'll get over 1K pop easily
>>
>>761850
Big if. I'm cautiously optimistic though.
>>
File: Whine_Cellar_Key.png (10 KB, 366x56)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
Been grinding for this fucking key for an hour and a half and it refuses to drop.
>>
File: img.jpg (283 KB, 768x761)
283 KB
283 KB JPG
give up trannies
blizzard won
>>
the thought of starting over again...damn
>>
Are the private servers exactly like retail or have they changed stuff?
>>
>>762040
They were mostly made out of hating the direction retail took after abyssea
>>
>>762010
wow really did turn into a furry game huh?
>>
>>761893
If Ninja streams Horizon, it'll get big for sure, they just need to maintain momentum and not sperg out like Wings did
>>
>>762119
>private servers
>not sperging out
>>
>>762119
>If Ninja streams Horizon, it'll get big for sure
Maybe for a month or so. Didn't he stream Nasomi and that's pretty much dead?
>>
>>761090

>XI private server, the whole point is supposed to be experiencing era retail again

>let's change stuff for no reason other than appealing to the owners and coders personal preferences and pretend we're trying to shake up the meta instead

This is Nasomi and Deadwing all over again. No thanks.

There isn't a single reason as to why this server is going to be any different.
>>
>>761456
>>761449

Nasomi banned a huge amount of players for cheating/exploiting/RMT and stopped updating the server so people moved elsewhere.

It has nothing to do with admins or GM tho. GM existed at some point but were fordibben from showing themselves and interacting with the players, they were basically invisible observers that reported exclusively to Nasomi. They were removed early on anyway. The only admin Nas has ever had was Deadwing who got caught exploiting relic currencies and other NM drops and was demoted real quick.

The server was run as a one man show for 95% of its existence.
>>
Just tried to make a FFXI thread on /v/, where were you all?
>>
>>762733
Here.
>>
>>761953
Two fucking hours now. What am I doing wrong?

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Recollections
>>
>>762859
Use Findall to make sure you don’t have one already somewhere.
Check otherwiki to make sure you’re in the right spot since BGwiki can be less accurate for 75-era stuff.
>>
>>762943
>Use Findall to make sure you don’t have one already somewhere.

Goddammit. At least I grinded some levels out.
>>
>>763772
Findall is such a huge QoL tool.
>>
Hunting 4 Games put out a new video related to Horizon.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=XkdrO-DYI0Y
>>
Why can't the campaigns last an entire month...
>>
File: 1622002440610.png (1.51 MB, 1080x1440)
1.51 MB
1.51 MB PNG
Definitely excited for Horizon. Grouping up with my old Wings shell again on launch.

>>761619
muh era...

>>762200
pretty sure he will paly it at the least. he was in the dev blog streams and commenting on the vids. he played wings a lot, but didn't stream as much. guessing because viewership tanks for ffxi compared to fortnite.
>>
File: 1669678742444.jpg (7 KB, 229x139)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
im probably the youngest person playing ffxi. I turned 24 this year.
>>
>>765279
i'm 26 and thought i was one of the youngest, also not a basement dweller so that has to count for something
>>
>>765279
I'm 22
>>
>>765515
i don't believe you
>>
also fuck it, let's get a horizon ls going
discord(.)gg/V8TxeHchRK
>>
>>762119
he practically killed his channel streaming wings and still plays there offstream. he should just stream it on an alt if he wants 2.
>>
>>765438
>not a basement dweller
what a loser
>>
>have more than 1000 hours on eden
>still somewhat curious about the idea of trying horizon, really like the project
fuuuuuug
>>
File: 1666527272773272.gif (1.48 MB, 350x263)
1.48 MB
1.48 MB GIF
>>765758
No private server lasts forever. Just play what seems more interesting at the time and enjoy the connections you make.

Maybe Horizon is a shitshow and everyone ends up back on Eden anyway. Maybe it's a runaway success like Nostalrius or TurtleWoW. Better to live in the moment and not try to predict the future.
>>
>>765737
why not? is there a minimum age limit for FFXI?
>>765753
as much as I hate his zoomer fans, I must admit the guy's pretty legit if he like XI that much
>>
>>765763
you're right brother
>>
who else /mid 30s/ here?
>>
File: 1658045719746.png (170 KB, 446x840)
170 KB
170 KB PNG
We eating well this month boys
>>
>>765925
SE the Odyssey Campaign…
SE the Quintuple Exemplar Points campaign…
>>
>>765925
These campaigns kind of suck compared to what we have now. Anyone get anything good this month? I managed to score an Orpheus sash and crepuscular cloak from trove and a new pulse from NNI. Was a good month indeed.
>>
>>765975
AMAN trove campaign just gave me a shit ton of mimics like always.
>>
>>765980
Same. I've been saving all my vouchers for like 3-4 months so was very excited when they announced the campaign. Like 80% mimics and mostly straight trash when I eventually got loud thuds, but did get the sash so that kinda turned my mood around (then straight back to mimics and trash). Same with NNI, all trash then finally a pulse. All about perseverance and luck I guess.
>>
File: 1657342657885.jpg (48 KB, 461x760)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
god abyssea sucks
>>
>>765925
I blew through all my rem's tales 1-5, so I'm glad for the macrocosmic campaign at least.
>>
do GMs still jail people?
>>
>>765802
no i just for some reason can't imagine ffxi appealing to people younger than me or people younger than me even knowing about it
>>
>twf when bought this game in the 2000s but retard mom wouldn't pay for the monthly subscription so got in to guild wars instead
>>
>>766636
Turns out generalizations are kind of retarded and generations of people are pretty unique. Do you think that every zoomer just plays Fortnite all day and that's it?
>>
>>766636
I play anything that's interesting to me. Age doesn't matter. Currently playing retail WoW as we speak.
>>
Farming Abyssea NMs is oddly soothing once you have the full 13 WS set for red procs.
I start getting drowsy by the end of the first 2 hour set.
>>
Imagine losing to a seasonal event battlefield after a 30 minute slog...
>>
>>767254
I really enjoy fights that spam mass removal of ALL buffs ever 20-30 seconds. That's pretty neat.
>>
Can I solo Odyssey and Omen bosses as BLU and maybe PUP?
>>
>>767345
Maybe if you're decked out in top end gear.
>>
>>767345
As long as you can hit the right damage type, V0 Atonement 1 and 2 Gaol bosses should be easy on any well geared job.
>>
>>761340
Wings had some major drama a while back. They lost hundreds of players over a couple months.
>>
>https://horizonxi.com/news/job-previews
>no puppetmaster
They really hate him don't they? It was obvious when they had the separate class channels in their discord and clearly no dev wanted anything to do with the job.
>>
>>767553
Its launching with CoP jobs only bro...
>>
>>767563
Oh.. I haven't been keeping up.
>>
>>767553
>nerfing rdm
dropped and dogshit
>>
>>767553
I'm doing that thing where I constantly make plans in my head for the perfect strategy for a first job to level up quickly and get to mid level quickly and efficiently. They keep saying things like "if you want to play X job first then play that job first!" I wonder if the tweaks and changes they made will really make a big difference in the early game. Will starting as a THF be okay? A THF without a subjob working your way up the early launch rush, or will the strategy of taking WAR or MNK first, doing SJ quest, then taking THF/??? to mid game still be the better strat?
>>
>>767617
If you truly want the fastest method, become someone's bitch and level WHM first
>>
>>767621
Anyone who takes a mage job first is a real champion, thank God they exist, but I don't know if I can be that guy.
>>
>>761077
can you play with a controller on pc?
>>
>>767628
Definitely, works very well
>>
>>767576
They're just making it so RDM isn't one of the best tanks in the game. I don't think they're going to hit other parts of their kit that hard if at all.
>>
>>767626
Actually this might not be a bad time to do it, the devs were talking about easing the burden of early level spell costs. But you'd still be playing a white mage, so if you just don't like playing the job you'll still have to deal with that.
>>
>>767631
WHM and RDM aren't so bad. For awhile you can get away with just the essentials. BLM probably has the worst of it.
>>
>>767628
the game's keyboard controls are kinda ass
>>
>>767617
A lot of people will be going THF for Treasure Hunter obviously. Might be good to start WAR so you can tank in early parties. THF won't give you much until 15 anyway.

>>767626
Someone will have to do it because parties need them. It will also be beneficial at the start to avoid having to fight for the level 1-2 mobs at the gates of cities since with heals you can effectively kill higher levels on your way to 10+.

>>767628
Yeah but it will kinda suck in higher level play where you need quicker access to a lot of macros. But there are some addons to help with that.
>>
File: b32.png (237 KB, 374x426)
237 KB
237 KB PNG
How fucked am I going to be if I've only played modern retail? I have hundreds of hours in the game but have treated it 100% as a single player game. Have never grouped, never bothered to macro, and never bothered to min/max. I have no grasp of the in-game lingo or meta. Should I even bother trying Horizon or am I just going to be ignored?
>>
>>767945
Most people are pretty friendly and willing to help others out, as long as you're willing to learn you'll find people willing to teach. There is definitely a big difference from playing modern retail and a private server trying to emulate the classic era, but you shouldn't be intimidated by that, or by the people you'll find playing out there.
>>
>>767945
You'll know the locations of somethings but besides that you'll be learning the game all over again. People are pretty helpful or at least they were on Eden in my experience. It's not going to be very solo friendly though. You will have to party to level up.
>>
>>767945
Horizon will have plenty of new people, but yes you will need to group to get anything of substance done.

You can technically party from level 10 to level 30, unlock BST, and then still solo a large portion of the game, but most things in classic required a group. That's why people remembered it so fondly. You were forced to talk to people and it was fun.
>>
Uh oh. I should have played in the Horizon beta or something, because right now I'm thinking of downloading Eden or something just so I can play anything. Two weeks seems so far away now.
>>
>>768163
Anyone here playing on CatsEyeXI? Maybe that's the server to play around on for the next 16 days to whet the appetite.
>>
>>767576
still the best class in the game, stop crying ffs
>>
>>768166
Just play something else so you can go full steam in launch.
>>
>>768557
The mood really changed once we hit December, we're in the launch month now, only 2 weeks away. Been looking forward to this for months, but these last few days are gonna feel the longest. I haven't played Final since LimitBreak shut down near the beginning of this year. The itch is real.
>>
>>769031
You're gonna feel like shit starting over if you start somewhere now.
>>
>>769031
I suggest playing other FF games to sate your appetite. XII is kinda like an MMO.
>>
I've never played XI but I want to start with the launch of Horizon.

What is the difference between the live version and Horizon? (or private servers in general)

Am I going to miss something by not playing the live version?
>>
>>769089
I forgot the most important question: is there a punching class?
>>
>>769089
>>769124
Private servers try to recapture what the game was like back in its heyday of level 75 cap. Obviously they can't but they try their best to get close, each one making changes here and there, some little some large. Horizon is different because they want to add all the post 75 stuff and retool it as 75 content, along with all the gear and balance changes that will require. Whether that turns out great or awful remains to be seen, but it should at least be interesting. Most private servers die from admin drama so I find it best to treat any private server as temporary, if it's still there the next time I want to play, great, but I'm ready to move to a new one if need be.

Retail on the other hand, has moved the group play to the end of the game, instead of being constant throughout. You can summon npc party members to exp grind, or do quests with, but once you hit ilvl gear they start to really fall off, and they just follow you and attack what you attack so if anything requires any sort of positioning or procs, they can't do it. Retail has the full story from every expansion, that you can clear solo with trusts, so if you're interested in story retail is the only way to get that, and there's even new content still being added. It's definitely a different game from what pservers try to emulate, I played the game back in the day and have played on plenty of pservers, so I've done the 75 stuff a million times so I enjoy playing retail now for something different. Private servers are free so you only lose out on some time if you don't like it.

>is there a punching class?
Monk uses fist weapons. Puppetmaster can be unlocked at level 30, they use H2H and they have an automaton bro as well. Horizon is starting at the Chains of Promathia expansion I believe, and PUP wasn't added until the one after CoP, so it won't have it to start.
>>
>>769089
>>769124
Retail XI and private server XI are fundamentally different games, sort of akin to the modern vs classic servers of other MMOs like WoW or EQ.

Retail XI has years of updates and nowadays is built around being able to complete a large majority of the games content solo with NPCs to help you. You are able to experience the entire story by yourself, with endgame content being the only content that requires grouping at all.

Most private servers & HorizonXI are built around the early years where you really had to party up with other people to get anything of significance done. After level or 10 or so, you won't be able to level solo effectively anymore. You will be forced to party if you actually want to continue leveling and progressing at a reasonable pace.

There are a few jobs that are better at performing solo such as Beastmaster (BST), but you need to reach level 30 to unlock it in the first place and you'll still get more EXP/hour by bringing it into a party with others.

Monk is the job you're looking for if you want to punch things.
>>
>>769152
Thanks for the explanation. So I can assume that retail requires less interaction with players, right?

I really miss the social aspect being important in those games and I dig the 'release mmo experience™' so I guess horizon it is. See you in december 17th
>>
>>769168
>So I can assume that retail requires less interaction with players, right?

You can literally complete all of the story on retail without using chat or grouping with a single person.
>>
>>769168
FFXI is about as social as an MMO possibly can be, since it's effectively an EQ clone with an FF skin. You will basically be partying all the time to do anything.

It's arguably even more social because EQ had a few classes that could effectively solo. FFXI has maybe two and neither are unlocked from the start.
>>
>>769168
Don't be afraid to ask for help as XI isn't the most noob friendly game. Even the UI takes some getting used to and I don't know what sort of launcher Horizon has in store for us but getting the settings right makes a big difference. Addons and plugins also help but Horizon will probably have a list of banned ones so that is something to watch out for.

And the main thing is don't even bother trying to use the mouse. Keyboard only or controller with keyboard for chatting obviously.
>>
>>761345
I wouldn't worry about shihei. Unless the /NIN changes are heavier than they sound then shihei will remain extremely high demand and someone will crank them out within the first week. subjob+30+NIN should take about that much time.
>>
>>761077
XI is fun to goof off with if you have friends but its a dead end game once you hit max lvl because every thing is so gated by the community.
It also has a very bad netcode(worse than ff14) so unless you enjoy playing games at 800ms then you probably won't be able to stomach this game for long.
>>
>>769731
XI is great if you like steady progression. I've been catching up recently after a decade away and every piece of gear actually makes you feel stronger and pushes you to the next level of content. Compare to XIV where you can just buy the latest crafted gear and clear any content in the game after a week XI feels much more rewarding. If you feel gated by the community then you're probably not doing your part in the process and expecting to get carried past all the personal progression.
>>
>>769731
That's why you play on a private server.
>>
am i out of luck if i want to play a MMO like this but cant into super old games?

Like I like grinding the same mob for 100 hours which this game is apparently about people told me but I just cant into the UI and controls of this game or Everquest 1, which is apparently similar

Is there a retard friendly mod or addon that makes controls UI something familiar like FF14 or WoW?
>>
>>769799
What exactly is hard about the UI or the controls? It's all just menus. If you're too stupid to hold ctrl/alt and press a number at the same time, I'm pretty sure I've seen an addon that lets you set macros to controller buttons like they do in XIV.
>>
>>769808
So im going of memory because its a while I tried the free trial but having no mouse controls and everything being menu based would be something that no game does since like 20 years

Look you can call me retarded all you want game doesn't control or operate like any game released in the last 20 years is there something to fix that or not?
>>
>>769799
>grinding the same mob for 100 hours

it won't be the same mob for 100 hours, or usually even 10 hours

the leveling may be slow, but is varied, especially if you play on private servers that don't have large level sync ranges
>>
>>769811
You're right about the mouse having no real use, but you still have the choice between full keyboard and controller.

full keyboard is weird at first but pretty easy once you figure it out. controller is fine because the game was literally designed from the ground up with PS2 players in mind.
>>
>>769811
I dont think there is anything
WHich is kinda weird with how many plugins they are desu
>>
>>769811
>doesn't control or operate like any WoW clone released in the last 20 years is there something to fix that or not?
FFXI is a console game ported to PC. Play with a controller and learn the layout like any other console game released in the last 20 years.
>>
>>769824
XI controls are shit as a console game too buddy
>>
File: demo1.png (850 KB, 1062x398)
850 KB
850 KB PNG
>>769811
took me 2 seconds to google ffxi xiv hotbars, you are retarded. Don't play this game it isn't for you.
>>
>>769826
Nah you're wrong, you just want something you're already familiar with.
>>
>>769828
Im not even that guy you retard
You think Monster Hunter on PS2 controls the same way like Monster Hunter World on Ps4?
It just a retarded statement to make, 11 controls were pants on retarded at release too, that's why no mm on console after it uses it
>>
>>769745
>try to do dynamis to get better gear
>nobody will invite me or join until i get better gear
>need to clear dynamis to get better gear
Yeah, no. its gatekept as hell
>>
>>769835
It's high school all over again ain't it buddy
>>
>>769835
Do you have full malignance, augmented reisenjima, 119 af+2-3, abjuration, augmented UNM, and ambuscade +2 gear + weapons? Dynamis and gaol needs gatekeeping because it's actually hard.
>>
>>769844
There's nothing wrong with tagging along when you have a full party already. At least, your linkshell wouldn't mind. Of course, I just mean unlocking relic reforging.
>>
>>769844
What makes it actually hard?
>>
>>769846
Make friends then. +2/3 relic is like the least important gear and everything I mentioned is soloable and more important.
>>
>playing the same shit for 20 years
mazed
new content when
>>
>>769848
Same thing that makes anything in this game hard: incoming/outgoing damage checks with a side serving of RNG.
>>
I want horizon to be good but I expect they'll make some retarded change that will only show itself after investing a few hundred hours.
>>769849
The worst thing I had when trying to get back into modern XI was wanting to play with people and not being able to. It's near impossible to make groups for entry level endgame activities because everyone already did it or doesn't benefit from it and there's only so long playing by yourself really stays fun. Sure you can kind of follow along and get carried through some omen runs or get carried in a higher level ambuscade but it gets a bit boring watching others play for you, and it can feel like being able to contribute is never in reach.
>>
>>769859
Maybe pick up WHM so you can contribute in groups.
>>
>>769859
If you think stuff is never in reach then you're looking too far ahead. 1-2 VD ambu runs is enough for a +2 set, or you can solo easier runs to get a set, then you're geared enough to clear omen for AF+2/3. With that you can probably solo reisenjima T1 or at the very least use DI to get gear and abjurations. UNM gear is easy enough. At that point all you're really missing is dynamis and gaol gear along with some niche stuff from like omen bosses and higher tier escha stuff or maybe some late adoulin stuff. It's all easier and faster with other people, and you can probably find people along the way, but there's a lot of progress you can make alone and people will probably be more likely to help or join you if they see you're capable of self progression. Once you have 1 job built up and find more like-minded people to progress together with then you can work together to gear other jobs much faster as a group.
>>
>>769859
It's all about goals. You should pick specific things you want to improve and find the specific gear you want to accomplish that. Like if you want your savage blades to be stronger, a Kaja sword is the obvious starting point, then you can look at other gear slots and see which ones you want and hunt for those. Having multiple good pieces is much stronger than having 1 best piece, so getting to a point of contributing doesn't take long. And once you get one job geared, it's even easier to pick up stuff for other jobs, or use the gear you already have on other jobs.
>>
File: ffxi keybinds.png (458 KB, 792x845)
458 KB
458 KB PNG
>>769799
>>769811
Honestly it's not that difficult once you spend the bare minimum learning it. Here's a helpful pic with basically all the hotkeys. Forget the mouse exists and play with your hands on wasd and numpad. Some menus have a second layer if you press left of right but everything else about navigating them is fairly self explanatory. Well maybe with the exception of numpad+ which can be used to select an UI element like the chatbox and then open the chatlog by pressing enter.

The game is relatively slow paced so you don't really have moments where you need to quickly navigate your menus. In the long run you'll have macros for everything important in combat for quick access.
>>
Farming Isgebind's Hearts is like being in Candyland.
They come so quickly and easily.
>>
>>769914
Im gonna give it another try, thx
Is there a server you can recommend where I can play right now to try to grapple with it?
>>
>>769976
There's lots of private servers to choose from, I think Eden is one of the popular classic servers. Horizon is going to be new hotness for a bit when that comes out soon. As for retail, Asura is the most populated but it's a cesspool that should be avoided at all costs. Bahamut is the next populated one but supposedly has less bots than Asura. There's a /v/ ls on Phoenix, but that's a lower populated server, and has a lot of JP players. I love playing on Phoenix because there's no congestion on all the various instanced content and grind spots aren't packed full of bots, but some people prefer the higher populations, so you're choice.
>>
Why isnt there with alot of custom content for XI like WoW Ascension?
>>
File: 1664884285480.gif (517 KB, 400x291)
517 KB
517 KB GIF
Don't know what race to play when horizon releases.
I'm torn between ElvaanF or Mithra, what do you guys think?
>>
See alot of horizon hype and never played 11, should I play retail or private server? Is this like world of warcraft where the 2 are basically different games?
>>
>>770021
See >>769152 and >>769153

Yes, they are different games. Both have their pros and cons.
>>
>>769997
Some have existed, but some form of turbo-autistic meltdown means they die after 2 or 3 years.
Plus the audience isn't there and the private server audience tends to be people trying to relive their teens with an obsessive desire to grind on crabs for 2k EXP an hour for 35 levels.
>>
>>770015
elvaan F pretty rare all things considered. mithra as always is a really solid choice if you plan on playing a bunch of different kinds of jobs because of the stat spread.
>>770021
retail is very different yes. the level cap is 99 and there's systems in place to get you through the leveling experience without too much trouble. private servers on the other hand are all "era" which is when the game was capped to 75 back in the early 2000's. it's the experience most people talk about when they reminisce about the game. Horizon is being talked about right now mainly because it's the new server on the block and has some interesting(but completely unknown to us)ideas on the formula we've been used to until now for era.
>>
>>770035
NTA but horizon is kinda like that tho? Like yeah its "retail" content but scaled to 75 its gonna make it almost custom
>>
>>770031
>>770036
Thx
does that mean i should rather play retail? Obviously, at the end I should try both but the private server stuff I looked and read now seems like ultra autistic and if this is like wow I don't really want to left behind while people playing this game for 20 years are progressing to zones meanwhile I don't even know which npcs has quest or what not and figuring stuff out
>>
>>770043
That's how every MMO works though
>>
>>770047
Well, no, from the linked post you kinda like fucked if you want to do anything solo, even level, which is not how every MMO works
>>
Whats a job that is kinda desired but is also braindead easy to play? Don't care how boring it is, the fewer button presses that change the better. Just want to exist while helping out

Im unironically kinda retarded so I need something retarded to play

If its not that much of a ask also explain why and how
>>
>>770051
Oh forgot to mention this is for horizon11 as they seem to also change jobs
>>
>>770051
>>770052
The exact changes Horizon is making isn't known yet, but warrior or monk are just unga bunga, and available from the start.
>>
>>770053
Can you explain why/what they do how they play? Why are they most retard friendly etc.?

Last time I played was on ps2 in 2005, don't remember much just want to give it a shot again
>>
>>770039
What I meant at least was I played on a server several years ago while I was unemployed that basically used the Abyssea and Adoulin zones as a play ground for all sorts of custom boss fights with custom stat equipment but still at 75 cap, until a massive autism war between server hoster and main content developer happened.
It was super jank though, and the equipment text box, didn't actually correspond to the stats on the server, and you had to look them up separately on the server's wiki.
>>
>>770055
You target the monster, select attack, then use your weapon skill when you have enough TP. Their job abilities are mostly 5 min cooldowns, so just use them whenever they're up. That's about it. Warrior can equip a lot of different weapons so you can swap weapons to target the weakness of what your fighting, Monk just uses fist weapons.
>>
>>770051
BRD is VERY easy to play at a baseline level, and is one of the most heavily desired jobs for any sort of serious content.
It's going to be relatively inventory intense and will require getting used to equipment swapping and macros for decent performance.
>>
>>770057
I see
Dont know seems like possible to if you look at TurtleWoW
>>
So does Windower / Ashita work with Horizon or is there something else that you're going to have to use?
>>
>>770060
And on that note, BRD is a support caster.
You toot your songs, they give buffs which act as a serious force multiplier in XI, and have a decent suite of debuffs to use on enemies.
Positioning will become somewhat important so you don't give your frontline jobs meant for your casters and vice-versa but it's pretty easy once you get a hang of it.
>>
>>770058
Seems good to me, thx
>>
>>770057
>>770061
I mean another difference is Vanilla wow is a dead unless the classic+ rumors are true

Like it or not FF11 still gets content like master levels or new quests, so everyone that gets the itch can grind or do new quests every year once

Meanwhile if you are a WoW fan the classic version of the game continnent doesn't even exist anymore
>>
>>770060
BRD has to pull which while easy does have somewhat of a learning curve.
>>
>>770070
TurtleWoW basically is Classic+ at this point, which is why so many people are playing it.
>>
>>770080
yeah but thats my point right, the need of ffxi+ is just not that high because of the reasons I described vs wow
>>
>>770061
Talking out of my ass here but if XI is anything like how they handled XIV then they have to reverse engineer everything for an XI private server as they do not release the games API. Not to mention that XI was a more niche game in the first place
>>
>>769871
>>769873
>>769881
I got past everything and geared up enough I can play the game without being dead weight. It's just how I felt coming back. It can really feel like a chore and I had to play COR most the time which wasn't what I wanted.
It just wasn't what I wanted or expected to do when all I really wanted was to play with some other similar geared players. The time gates for catch up mechanics and some random real time locks like the 45 day oddysey timer for new characters can make things take a long time without help. And I get why a lot of people would drop the game after doing the story missions that interest them.
>>
>>770084
I don't know anyone that wouldn't want a Classic+ version of their game if it was actually done somewhat competently.

Even if not done competently, it'd at least be more interesting than playing a solved game.
>>
>>770095
I dont
>>
>>770095
>I don't know anyone that wouldn't want a Classic+ version of their game if it was actually done somewhat competently.
You would be surprised, they are a bunch of guys that just want to play the same shit flex on people and repeat

Talking out of my ass here like the other guy but IMO stuff like turtlewow or public voices talking about classic+ just exist because the literal oversaturation wow got with nost and classic

Something 11 probably will never reach hence there is not much of demand

Like look a t this very thread they people shitting and pissing themslefs because horizon and their intention to roll out content post 75
>>
>>770076
BRD pulling was always pretty easy in my experience, since Elegy > Lullaby was such a good combination. Keep Aquaveil and Stoneskin up, refresh songs once you get back (depending on kill speed…), run back out and grab another.
There’s a rhythm to it, but it feels pretty natural once you get the general hang of the game systems.
>>
>>770043
75cap(most pservers) version of XI is very much NOT a speedrun to endgame type of game. There's no problem with you going at your own pace and on a fresh server with level sync there will be plenty of people to level with. It's a classic MMORPG even more so than Classic WoW in the sense that it is almost entirely about the journey, not the destination. The game starts at level 1, not 75.

>>770049
There are plenty of things you can do solo. Leveling is the main part you mostly can't do solo.
>>
>>770051
BRD is easy like >>770060 says but because of their subpar damage output they're often expected to do the role of a puller in a party which is something I'd leave to more experienced players.

Braindead classes are pretty much the melee. Hard to say how much the tanking meta will shift with the changes on Horizon but early game WAR will be expected to tank which isn't difficult but requires you having your eyes open and preferably having somewhat up to date gear.

>>770121
Pulling isn't something I'd wanna force a new player to do. A fucked up pull can wipe a group especially early game and a noob might have a hard time figuring out what sort of pace the party can keep up with because they lack the general knowledge about classes.

>>770062
Haven't looked into it but I'd say they have to support both or they're gonna lose a lot of potential players.
>>
>>770043
Relax man, most of these old MMOs are chill as fuck, just play and don't worry about racing to the level cap
>>
Why is galka the best race in the game statistically? I guess taru for the three magic jobs is okay if that's the only thing you want to do.
>>
>>770188
best races are unironically cats or humans because they're so well rounded. theres little point in picking the "best" tan" or healer race when youre expected to play multiple roles and classes on one character
>>
File: file.png (465 KB, 650x780)
465 KB
465 KB PNG
I wanna roll taru just because taru BLM look so badass but I'm not sure if I wanna play BLM. I played some on Eden but stayed away from the magic classes because dealing with mp seemed expensive. On a new server it's gonna be hard to afford spells and I'm not sure what sort of mp recovery consumables will even be available. Spamming ginger cookies seemed to be popular on low levels on Eden.
>>
File: image[1].png (33 KB, 896x396)
33 KB
33 KB PNG
>>770188
good stat spread and the points are put into HP which is the most important stat and less in CHR which is mostly a black hole stat.
>>
>>770211
Consumables for MP is basically only for mission battles or BCNMs honestly unless you’re an omega try hard.
Making hMP sets involving stuff like Dark Staffs, cookies, other random gear will be your main MP recovery avenue outside of items with refresh on them which aren’t really cost effective options.
Nice to have, but poor cost efficiency.
>>
>>770226
>unless you’re an omega try hard.
>those dudes crafting orange juices inbetween pulls in valkurm
I was such a retard when I was a teen playing this game but these guys always seemed to cool to me because I didn't even know how to get into cooking when I first started
>>
>>770225
I love the stat differences in XI but I had kind of hoped the Horizon team might have tabled reducing the HP and MP differences somewhat. Enough that there still different between races, but not such a large margin as there is now.

Still doesn't really matter once you're geared though.
>>
>>770226
Just a bit worried I'll be total dead weight in parties or worse people stop bringing BLMs if they get autistic about party setups and the balance changes aren't enough. I don't know enough to know what to expect or how much I need to invest to make it work.
>>
I cant play private servers i just done it to dead, maybe I try horizon if it lives long enough they release 75 capped content or if ever a good server pops up with new content

Hope you lads having fun
>>
>>770232
Everyone will be dead weight early on and I feel like the first few days people will literally party with anything. People only start getting selective when a server has been around for awhile.
>>
What is the FF11 private server community like? I'm thinking of trying Horizon but I haven't played since I was 10 and wondering how badly I should expect to be bullied for not knowing wtf I'm doing.
>>
>>770196
>Mithra
lmao no STR
>>
>>770245
NTA but similar question, is there a retard proof video series or guide that will at least hold my hand during the leveling?

I tried checking out the game on a other server and its kinda overwhelming with no tutorial or even which nocs have quests
>>
>>770245
Trannies and the usual passive aggressive drama over discord between HNM shells. The usual crowd that doesn't get past level 50 is the same based individual such as yourself. But the farther you go the more autism you have to put up with. But not the good kind the uninteresting bickering between reditors kind.
>>
>>770254
so its the same as classic
>>
>>770254
Yeah sounds fine. I avoid high end raiding and tryhard content in games so if I do that it sounds like I'll still be able to have some fun going on adventures with some chill people. Hopefully I can just avoid using Discord anyways, barely anything good comes out of it and I'd rather hang with people in the actual game.
>>
Alright bros, I decided I'm going to level alchemy in Horizon, so nobody else level it.
>>
https://www.ffxiah.com/database
How many individual people do you still think are playing?
>>
>>770285
At the very least you could cut all those numbers in half because on average there's probably that many multiboxing...also taking into account some people have 3-6 characters as well
>>
>>770291
so still 10x more peple than on any private server even vs a low pop one
>>
>>770292
Every private server could be considered comparable to the lowest pop retail servers in terms of population
>>
>>770292
private server are insanely niche
Which is really is are retarded experience with how FF11 is designed
>>
>>770295
Honestly unless you can get into an LS or a group with at least 6+ people, there's no reason to play a private server.
>>
>>770261
FFXI really lacks any kind of group/community tools so discord is actually pretty nice if it's just your linkshell. I'd stay away from any server wide discord though except for keeping up with when updates/downtimes happen, and you can probably link those channels to other servers so you don't actually have to join them. The creator of discord was actually XI famous back in the day so a lot of discord features directly address XI problems.
>>770232
If you make it to 75 people won't let you play anything else. BLM is basically required for most 75 endgame content, if only for sleepga and stun.
>>
>LVL THF first
It's a wicked job, just not the best choice for a first job, maybe you just like playing on hard mode?
>LVL MNK first
Solid choice. Fun to punch things. Combo does damage.
>LVL WAR first
Provoke. Lots of weapon choice. Shield Break ends fights faster. WAR as a subjob for lots of jobs later.
>LVL BLM first
A fun and comfy job. Hang out in the back row with the cool kids. No pulling. Just casting and taking 30 seconds power naps. Warp is handy.
>LVL WHM first
You'll get invites. Maybe you want to be a SMN or BRD later. Sneak and invis cost mana, prism powder and oil cost gil.
>LVL RDM first
You're probably not leveling it as sub for something else, so it's going to be your main. Your time will come.

Now the hard part comes, which one to go with?
>>
>>770324
I'd argue THF is pretty decent for a starting job. There's decent demand while leveling as damage is alright and TH can be useful especially if your group is going to be hunting subjob items early on.
>>
>>770245
People are insanely nice. I played Wings as my first FFXI experience and had a guy guide me through every thing. People were always eager to help you unlock the supp jobs. Horizon should be the same
>>
>>770326
I'm wondering what the devs on Horizon meant by making THF more useful in the early levels. I can't see it being something like making sneak attack level 10, that would just be weird. And it's not like it takes a lot of time to get from 10 to 15. They must be talking about something else to help THF out a bit.
>>
>>770330
Maybe a slight ATK buff? But even then, I don't think they really need it until end game. I always felt THF was one of the best DD early leveling because SATA makes up for everyone being in shit gear. People hit like dick and THF could just jack up WSs and hit like a truck with relatively low investment.
>>
>>770326
If you can invest the money, a thf with acid bolts while leveling is a game changer.
>>
>>770328
For me helping other people out is a big part of playing an MMO. Literally just meeting and interacting with other people.
>>
File: Republic_Knuckles.png (18 KB, 366x104)
18 KB
18 KB PNG
Broken weapons and items for their level in XI? Jack o lanterns and Ranger sub at 20 come to mind for the accuracy bonus
>>
>>770333
That's true, I guess I was thinking about not having /MNK since no subjob, but you can always use a sword, you don't need to sub WAR to use a sword. You don't need to sub MNK to use H2H, I know, but it helps.
>>770336
It always feels good to have marksmanship leveled to help out the party, but on Horizon there ain't gonna be any acid bolts in the beginning.
>>
>>770340
Don't people use those knuckles all the way until Impact Knuckles are available? And even then people say they're about the same?
>>
>>770343
Forgot to mention THF was actually the very first job I leveled in this game. I remember my very first Dunes PT was with 5 JP, and they were using the auto-translator to try and teach me macros. I had no idea what they meant at the time, but after I did learn macros I though back on what they were saying and I could retroactively make sense of it.
>>
>>770340
Actually there is a bunch of math done on jack that show they are shit. The extra 5% hit rate is worth way less than even standard jerky in terms of dps for a long time
>>
As much as it'd piss people off, I would love for the Curio Moogle to make its way to private servers. I understand how much it'd fuck the classic economy but I find it such a nice QOL change.
>>
What's Eden like for new players that have experience with XI? I'm not the type to go around calling people faggots but I'd rather not support something that proudly sports the "progress" flag in their marketing so Horizon doesn't interest me.
>>
>>770399
If you're this combative anonymously, FFXI may not be the MMO for you. If you're unable to get along with people, you won't have any success on a private server.
>>
>>770399
Just play on horizon and be progressively bigoted bro easy
>>
>>770399
Both are run by trannies bro you got filtered
>>
>>770400
lol do you think people are less combative anonymously? You'd never guess my power level if I wasn't anonymous. I'm not openly mean to faggot trannies, I just don't associate with the mentally ill and I've had plenty of success in my decades of playing retail.
>>770403
Proof? I haven't seen anything that indicates Eden is infested.
>>
>>770412
Eden moderation and GM team has your usual pride logos and "trans rights!" posts with no context from them on discord. That's about it really from a glance. Might be some of the coders too as that's on the other two.
>>
>>770015
I'll have one of each of those, it's actually the third character I'm still unsure of. Probably a Hume female, but that's a little similar to Mithra, so maybe a Taru female instead. Not really interested in Galka, and Taru is only interesting me a bit, so it will probably lose to Hume.
>>
>>770399
Man I'm gay and I don't wanna see that progress flag. It literally looks like the trans flag taking a shit all over the original rainbow and basically is.
>>
File: lol.gif (104 KB, 240x138)
104 KB
104 KB GIF
Garbage Shitadel.
>>
>>770324
on a fresh server i think all of them are good enough at start other than BLM which will be hard. you'll need to afford a little gear & a spell spread. whm+rdm can get away with less. all three melee start is fine. mnk probably the better since early knuckles are available and you get a free item slot with belts. anyways it doesn't matter since you'll need to level at least one other one a bit.
>>
File: file.png (89 KB, 790x588)
89 KB
89 KB PNG
KG2WV
>>
>>770461
Most of those are for content that won't be on Horizon, although when they add BLU they better allow Azuresets or that'll be horseshit.
>>
>>770461
What server is this? Half of these addons have 0 relevance to 75 cap. Why the fuck would you prohibit mountmuzzle, text, barfiller, etc? This is horizon? lmao
>>
>>770316
BLM is also the most effective DD early on in the game’s lifespan for most content until groups start accumulating gear to draw out the far higher potential of melee DDs.
>>
>>770245
My experience as a new player was great on Eden. Had a lot of people offer their help even when I didn't directly ask for it. But I also found it rather fun figuring stuff out by myself using the wiki and whatever else was available on the internet.

In general people were very understanding of newbies and helpful in various ways.

>>770252
As far as guides go I don't think there's any other than some suggestions for party leveling spots (often called camps in FFXI). Considering Horizon is supposed to mix things up and there should be new viable camps we don't know how that's gonna be yet.

It can be a bit overwhelming but if it helps FFXI doesn't really have a set progression route that you go through. Doing your starting city's missions will be recommended because they unlock stuff like the mog wardrobe (this might be changed on Horizon) but other than that you're sort of left to go about it as you wish. When I hit 30 on Eden I spent most of my time unlocking new jobs and didn't really level much until I picked a job that I committed to and got it to 50 which is when I ran out of steam.
>>
>>770292
Active players doesn't mean online players. What does 5000 active players translate to. For comparison Eden lists 500 online and 2700 active average daily which is based on a 14 day average and it excludes characters that stay logged on which means a lot of the bazaar alts don't count. FFXIAH doesn't list what the active players number is based on. For retail it also includes bots. I wouldn't be surprised if Eden is more active than those lower pop retail servers.

>>770296
Lmao

>>770412
Sadly at this point any niche community will have its fill of trannies, often in some sort of GM/mod/admin role because they wanna force people to not be mean to them. Best thing you can do is not care. Don't acknowledge them and don't interact with them. Playing on the server doesn't mean you support them.
>>
>>770461
Why isn't chatmon allowed? That's stupid
>>
>100+ replies since yesterday
wtf horizon is the real deal...
>>
>>770474
it could be that some of them are prohibited because they cause problems trying to do shit that doesn't exist or isn't supported which could break things

like possibly blusets and azuresets when BLU isn't on the server yet
>>
>>770648
I think hype is starting to ramp up
>>
>>770648
thread got less chill and is being filled with rude comments so idk about that
>>
>>770648
>>770651
Some of the staff admitted to lurking here, its false marketing
>>
File: 140110.gif (1.39 MB, 400x226)
1.39 MB
1.39 MB GIF
>>770653
>filled
There's hardly any rude comments at all, and that's being generous with what constitutes rude.
>>
>>770662
see
>>770655
>>
join the discord wtf are you shy or what. let's get this horizon ls going
>>
>>770682
What Discord?
>>
>>770682
Make it a vent, teamspeak or skype group call and ill consider it
>>
>>770682
Link please. Really looking forward to playing Horizon with the /XI/bros. Let's just keep it civil in game chat to not have any battle brothers banned by the GM team.
>>
>>770689
>>770682
see
>>765740
>>770688
skype? you know you can make a vocal chat on discord right?
>>
>>770691
Disco or GTFO
>>
>>770684
>>765740
>>
>>770368
this
>>
>>770412
Just play with the 4chan ls on Horizon. There will inevitably be one.
>>
>>770709
>Tranny GM reads your LS logs and bans you for bigotry

I can see it already
>>
File: Spoiler Image (32 KB, 162x100)
32 KB
32 KB PNG
>>770710
Maybe, but if people don't make it obvious it's the nigger spam LS we'll probably be fine for at least a little bit :^)
>>
>>770714
Again the CM reads these threads
>>
>>770718
Then as long as nobody does something extremely egrigious in shout chat, we'll probably be fine
>>
>>770688
are you unironically suggesting skype in current year as if it's somehow preferable to discord?
skype doesn't belong in the same sentence with ventrilo and teamspeak
>>
>>770722
Where's the MSN messenger group bros

Skype is a little new for me
>>
>>770723
how about we just make an IRC channel?
>>
>>770722
No I was ironically suggesting it, if you like we could jump on Raidcall
>>
If nobody else is going to make the official Discord I'll do it when I get home
>>
>>770728
Somebody already made one, it's just further up the thread.

See >>765740
>>
>>770710
>>770718
This is why I'll never join anything labelling itself as 4chan. Embarrassing.
>>
>>770724
Nah bro, we better set up a Usenet board instead.
>>
For how much I like XI I don't think I'll play another private server. The time between the fun moments and replaying the boring parts like three paths for the third time just isn't worth the few high moments.
I don't know if I'm just jaded because I want to play again but don't want to at the same time.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (22 KB, 500x333)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>770947
>I want to play again but don't want to at the same time

Just one more hit anon. It'll be just like the old times. One more hit and you can stop for good.
>>
>>769059
I'd been playing WoW for the past year when FF12 released but I bought FF12 anyways and quit playing day 1 after like 4 hours. It felt like playing an MMO but you were the only player on the server
>>
>>770981
I was thinking of buying Tales of Vesperia to play through again. Or I could get Tales of Arise, I haven't played that one before. It's not Final Fantasy but the right mix of similar enough but different enough.
>>
>>770947
Horizon is definitely a FOMO moment for me. I'm not sure if I want to play that much but I feel like it might be one of the few opportunities to experience a cool launch relating to FFXI as long as it doesn't suck. Well, even if it sucks the launch will probably be fun for a bit.
>>
>>770947
I'm too used to retail at this point. I think it'd be a fun novelty until around level 20 or so but doing all that shit again without any of the QOL stuff on retail like HP warps, survival guides, unity warps, etc. just sounds like something I wouldn't be able to manage with my current lifestyle. I just don't have the time to spend an entire weekend getting my Kazham airship pass.
>>
>>771045
Bro your outpost warps…
>>
>>771045
>I just don't have the time to spend an entire weekend getting my Kazham airship pass.
casul
>>
>>770725
Raidcall still exist?
It was pretty cool, like discord but without the bloat and the trannies.
>>
why is there a 2 week gap between event periods. Whats the justification
>>
>>771097
So the two people still working on FFXI retail can go on holiday
>>
File: 1650444650376.png (92 KB, 1232x248)
92 KB
92 KB PNG
>>
>>771187
New effect on Wasp Sting?
>>
>>771187

>overhaul meta
>leak new "secret" meta to your friends
>the aforementioned friends get an edge over the rest of the playerbase and make tons of gil by monopolizing broken stuff

You know full well this is exactly what's gonna happen. It's gonna be retail jp cockblocking all over again.
>>
>>771208
They're admins of a private server. Like most private servers, they'll just gift their friends a bunch of free shit.
>>
>>770403
Any proof? First I am hearing of this.
>>
>>771353
He's baiting you because his head is rent free
>>
File: bakushin huh.png (762 KB, 971x785)
762 KB
762 KB PNG
>tfw someone finally buys the crap out of your bazaar after weeks of it being there
>>
>>771810
I ended up just throwing away my devious dice that nobody will ever buy, because I hate the bag icon.
>>
guess i'll take the horizon pill, hope its worth my time
>>
>>771187
I'm guessing this'll be a change for energy drain/steal. the immediate side benefit will be dps BRD which is in a great spot in retail. could be absolutely bonkers depending on the potency, though.
honestly kinda reminds me of slice n dice from WOW
>>
>>771940
i think a lot of people think this but allow my autism to flare a bit here. energy steal and energy drain both say that they steal MP from the target, not drain it. I don't see any reason to change the flavor text for it since stealing the targets attack speed sounds just fine and it keeps the class fantasy or whatever.

I was thinking that it was Sanguine Blade personally since that would also increase PLD damage some which was one of their concerns but I also can't see them not just giving PLD Atonement early
>>
>>771940
If it grants a haste effect that stack with regular spell Haste such as Cata’s aftermath then it’s going to be broken unless it only lasts 15-20 seconds.
It will warp the meta in such a way that any job that could use it would, since Haste is the actual god stat in this game with its increasing return on effectiveness.
DD BRD I can’t see being a thing due to the lack of gear and effective WS options. Even on retail BRD has relatively bad gear options but can brute force it thanks to 4 songs and Honor March.
>>
do i level rdm or whm first anons
>>
>>772443
whm since you'll be the only motherfucker in the world who has raise. also less spells needed than rdm kinda sorta and money will be tight
>>
>>772167
the only concern I have about Sanguine Blade is that it's a level 300 sword WS. is HorizonXI extending the caps on weapon/magic skills to include those WS? otherwise I think most A+ skills only got to 270ish (unless I'm mistaken).

>>772338
what's the ratio of white damage to WS damage in the level 75 era, anyway? the annoying thing about retail is that it's so stilted for every job (except when using empyrean weapons) that the OH is just a stat stick. I'm talking like ~10% white : 90% wsd for the normal savage blade spam and ~25% white : 75% wsd for empy maybe. if the white damage% is still low in the level 75 era, it'd be hard to justify using a WS that just increases the white damage unless it's strong enough to overcome the difference. I am aware that there's significantly less STP/multihit/acc/etc for the level 75 era, I just don't know what the breakdown was for damage ratios (and I haven't played on any private servers).
also valid point about DD BRD, I'm pretty sure it's only where it is (DPS wise) due to naegling/SB memes. I have a pretty decked out brd, but even swapping to a dagger was pretty lackluster in most situations.
>>
>>772443
WAR30>NIN37>THF75>Main
>>
>>772461
It's going to depend on the job and effective gearing level.
A well geared SAM at 75 cap should be close to 50/50, other DDs being around 60-70% white damage. SE also buffed the absolute shit out of most WSs though, even in the exact same gear with the exact same buffs on the exact same mobs, most WSs will do significantly more damage now.
But also more haste means greater WS frequency in addition to more white damage, and the haste from Hasso is the big reason why /SAM pulled ahead of /WAR for every 2h DD the second it was created.
>>
>>772481
damn, that ratio is significantly different. I had forgotten that they buffed the WSs so hard in SoA era until you mentioned it there. then yeah, that WS in the post (depending on how well it's balanced, what jobs have access, etc) has a good opportunity to be pretty busted.

aside from that, what's the market situation like for fresh private servers anyway? there's so much interdependence among crafting, leveling, and resource-gathering in the original game that it seems like it would take quite a long time before the AH has any sort of normalized stock on the valuable/demanded items. not even considering the resource investment (money & time) required for crafting to make those items. someone mentioned using bolts earlier, but the big ones (bloody, acid, sleep) are all well-invested into Alchemy just to make the bolt heads (bloody is 81 wtf). I imagine most rare crafting materials (damascus ingots, venomous claws, shining cloth, etc) are going to be used for the participating linkshell members assuming they have a crafter. so all of that is going to be ultra rare until more groups start competing in end game events to trickle down all those high profile items.
but what even is the largest source of gil generation in the game to begin with? nation rank ups? NPCing monster drops? honestly I'm more interested in this fresh private server launch just to see how the market grows and changes as the initial wave of people level up and progress. it feels weird thinking about my past experiences because when I played in the mid-2000s, having a well-stocked AH of items was the expectation but I never realized the amount of work and interplay required to get it to that point.
>>
>>772686
NPCing stuff either directly or quest trade ins.
It'd vary based on the specific time period since SE would nerf ones that became too used or widespread.
Generally how it works on private servers in my experience is the admins circlejerkers will either have large amounts of gil, items, or skill levels (via character info editing) given to them to give them a leg up and start influx of useful market items.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.