[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 101 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Warhammer-Darktide.png (2.91 MB, 2048x1152)
2.91 MB
2.91 MB PNG
Which class will you be playing?

Veteran? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZuYuqooW_k

Zealot? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2wgBNAJx70

Psyker? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLB1C33suH0

Ogryn? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9yRol5UYOY
>>
I WILL JOIN your open games
I WILL LAG them out with my 20Mbps/5Mbps internet
I WILL LOOT every consumable and use them irresponsibly
I WILL MAKE IT HARDER for everyone in the game
WE WILL WIN in the end by the skin of our teeth
I WILL GET LUCKIER than the rest of (you) with drops
>>
>>751255
As long as you're having fun, anon...
>>
>>751222
Your post OP is a bit too...shilly? Make it less formal next time. That being said, I'm pretty happy they let you do character customization this time around instead of it being gender locked. Always hated that concept (would love for them to put "skins" in vermintide that are opposite gender conversions.

I'll probably play the class thats least played. It looked like there's no "set" team composition? So you can have a team of all psykers, all veterans, etc? I think either the Psyker or Ogryn will probably be the least played. Veteran 100% is going to be the most played. I imagine the Zealot will be behind that one. Ogryn I think will be the least played overall.
>>
For me it's zealot
>>
>women
pass
>>
DOA
>>
>>751694
>Your post OP is a bit too...shilly? Make it less formal next time.
Not shilling. I just wanted to provide quick access to the class highlight videos.
>>
>>751957
You can choose male or female.
>>
>>751694
Ogryn is comfortably the second most played character after veteran and easily the most powerful one right now
>>
>>751222
Torn between Ogryn and Veteran. I like the Bull Rush, but Ogryn has effectively no grenade ability and all of their talent tree perks are hot garbage. Meanwhile, Veteran has good stuff in every slot and insane perks that give them near infinite grenade spam and an ability that can refill all their health and last 15+ seconds if played right.

Will likely go Veteran first until they add a second Ogryn class.
>>
>>752071
>choose a female guardsman
lol
lmao
>>
>>752183
Thank you for the bump friend :^)
>>
>>751993
Antifa-tide
>>
>>751694
Least played is Psyker. There's good reward for having one of everything but you'll be fine with multiple Ogryns or something to that effect.
>>
>>752206
are you implying female guardsmen aren't a thing?
>>
File: 3211321.jpg (116 KB, 800x1000)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
>>751222
>"I'm on the Darktide."
- Signed: Mike Tyson
>>
>>752293
>>752181
Is this based off the beta experiences?
>>
>>753125
Yes. Psyker was definitely the least played follow by zealot.
Meanwhile Ogryn and Veteran were in every match
>>
>>753194
Wow that's surprising. Gonna be an interesting release then, I'm excited. Would think that Zealot would be the second cause people love their paladin archetypes.

But yeah it sounds like their approach to team comp is in a good spot this time around. Letting people play what they want instead of restrictions based on number counts. So content is doable with a well mixed team or a team of all ogryns/vets/psykers/or zealots just as well.
>>
>>752766
yes
>>
>>753323
game is gonna be shit, mate. how can you not tell?
>>
>>753323
Zealot is kind of the psycho melee class, at least that's what I got from the demo. It was the most fun for me as someone who never played vermintide (until it was free) so I'm going to start with that because it's the best at chopping up trash mobs
>>
>>752766
They aren't a thing, unless GW shoehorned them in recently for woke points.
>>
>>753355
Is there like a strict canon for 40k that is held above all the games and books etc? A quick google search shows people have been talking about this like 10-15 years ago and there seems to be examples of female guardsmen in other mediums
>>
>>753373
there are female guardsmen, its just rare as most females in combat in lore depicted are the sisters of battle which are space marines lite
>>
>>753373
>>753512
There are no female guardsmen minis and afaik none in official canon, but I'm not a lore nerd so I could be wrong. The female guardsmen minis you see online aren't made by GW.
>>
File: IG_W.png (1.11 MB, 1012x760)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB PNG
>>753527
There is one in canon from gaunt's ghosts book which game out in 2000. So they've been canon for 22 years i think, at least. There is also nothing in canon saying they can't be in the IG. One also appeared in the space marine game. I think it was this year, but they released a bunch of "heads" for different IG minis so that they can be women. Which I think fits. Bunch of IG models with big ol tit armor would feel out of place for the universe. In fact the current lord general of Cadia is a woman (pictured right). The mini models just aren't "as attractive" as they book and game models (top left). And GW said they were working on implementing women minis for the IG back in 2015. So I don't think it was "shoehorned". They had been obviously thinking about it. I think it was more about if they should be standlone models or not, if not how should they handle it, do people even care (I.E will it be profitable), etc. Chances are with the rising popularity of the universe these past 5 years, they probably finally pulled the trigger and started working on them in 2020.
>>
>>753617
and yes I know the game wasn't canon, but still thought I should mention it to show its not exactly a new concept darktide is doing.
>>
File: bqchf67xu8s71.png (660 KB, 768x1104)
660 KB
660 KB PNG
>>753355
i love shitting on absolute retards like you who know nothing about the lore

pic related is almost 20 years old.
>>
File: sulla.png (240 KB, 272x604)
240 KB
240 KB PNG
>>753883
General Jenit Sulla. has existed for almost 20 years.
>>
File: catachana.png (468 KB, 506x1105)
468 KB
468 KB PNG
>>753890
a decade old
>>
File: ornella.png (1.13 MB, 1100x1100)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB PNG
>>753892
almost 20 years old
>>
>>753883
>>753890
>>753892
>>753893
get a load of this simp
>>
>>753899
Seethe
>>
File: 5gen.png (573 KB, 828x366)
573 KB
573 KB PNG
>>753899
Shitttt who wouldn't simp. They probably fuck like a 5th generation fighter jet.
>>
>>751255
>20Mbps/5Mbps
in what world is this a bad connection, lmao fucking retard.
>>
Everyone who plays the veteran is bad
It'll be 50% of players in matchmaking.
It will be like a million terrible kerillians playing, unable to shoot the ranged mobs or specials. Ogryn chads will carry, with some help from the zealot. I hope the future careers and traits of psychers get more interesting.
>>
>>754055
Mine is 100/100 for 60 dollars a month.
>>
I hope things have improved substantially by the 17th, I'm trying to shill this game to a friend who was turned off by the last playtest.
>>
>>754247
>I hope things have improved substantially by the 17th
lol
lmao
>>
yep it's fatshark, so the game will be borderline unplayable garbage for at least the first 3 months of release.
>>
The 17th can't come fast enough. Is it possible to freeze myself until then?
>>
>>754247
What was wrong with it on the 17th?
>>
>>754619
2 shekels have been deposited into your account
>>
>>754642
He's probably talking about the test that happened prior to the 17th. Most people got shit performance, crashes that locked up entire computer. The game also kind of feels like shit, it's super hard to see enemies at a distance and most enemies seem to blend in with each other in the dark environments.

>>754667
I was told I would get 4 shekels per post, fix this issue immediately.
>>
>>754671
awww shit here we go the baby casuals complaining about darkness because they can't use a flashlight.
>>
>>751222
Veteran once more. Especially since the bolter is available.
>>
>>754060
Vermintide players are truly insufferable tryhards who earnestly think green circles are important at that their life's work is to achieve as many screengrabs of green circles as possible before they die.
>>
>>753194
In my time playing beta I found everyone was playing Psyker or Veteran. Guess I just had weird matchmaking luck.

>>753323
My most fun game was 4 guardsmen. 3 las, 1 shotgun. I also had generally a fun time with more mixed team. Games have a different flavor for different class comps. All vet was a lot like L4D2.
>>
>>754671
>it's super hard to see enemies at a distance and most enemies seem to blend in with each other in the dark environments.

Honestly this sounds kind of fun. Makes it feel like a horror game or something. Probably something that would fit in the w40k. Should be interesting to see how it plays out.
>>
Less than 24 hours until soft release, boyos.
>>
>>754671
It's called DARKtide, what do you expect?
>>
>>755038
>>754671
nah he's right - enemy visuals are fucked, vermintide was good about this but darktide beta was a shitshow. impossible to tell marauders and specials from chaff until you're right up against them or getting half your health chunked cause they opened fire.
>>
File: 1663179150199309.webm (1.3 MB, 640x640)
1.3 MB
1.3 MB WEBM
>>755034
>>
File: 1643421797555.png (313 KB, 680x475)
313 KB
313 KB PNG
>>751255
>WE WILL WIN in the end by the skin of our teeth
based anon thanks for bringing a better game experience for everyone
>>
>>754851
Did you play the beta? Yeah, it's super fun up until you start getting shot at by enemies you can't even see because they unironically blend in with the darkness or cover.
Any ranged damage you take slows you down to a literal crawl. So yes, having enemies that can use cover and peek out while being borderline indistinguishable from their cover is not enjoyable.

They seem to understand visibility on specials is a necessity, judging by how they are actually speckled with lights, glowing visors, and such things. But the unfortunate reality is that the lighting from those additions don't actually make anything stand out more at a distance. You only realize what is truly dangerous once they're "close enough".
>>
>>755113
Ahh nah I didn't play beta. But yeah it sounds like it could get annoying. So I see your point. As far as software goes, I imagine its an easy fix for them
>>
>>755070
what did she mean by this post????
>>
>>755268
typical guardswoman workout
>>
new nvidia drivers today btw
>>
>>755388
WOWEE
>>
>>755042
I disagree. Its way easier to tell things apart and see what is going on.
>>
>>753355
They have been a thing for likely longer than you've been alive. See: any of the Gaunt or Cain novels, any of the IG codicies, etc.
>>
>>753995
>Would she be on diet coke
>Or on that coke diet
Neither, drugs are Slaneshi warship.
>>
File: Screenshot_9.jpg (2 KB, 194x37)
2 KB
2 KB JPG
hahahaha
>>
>>755799
I'm 39
>>
>>754163
500/500 for 60 a month
>>
Whats the recommended class for someone who mostly played merc kruber and IB bardin? I also like SotT but that was mostly for the briar javelin.
>>
>nobody wants to melee
Can't help but laugh at this. Seeing ogryns and zealots who stay ranged the whole game. Bitch if you want to sit at ranged go sharpshooter. Hogging up all the ammo cause you burn it all on the first horde is your own damn fault.
>>
Goddamn Psyker feels awful now, it was a little OP before but I can't even do anything now.
>>
>>756370
every class except Veteran was nerfed
>>
do the people that got VT2 free get the Ubersreik 5 skins for DT preorder?
>>
>>756381
Good point, not sure to be honest. They didn't even give those skins out in the beta. Well have to wait till full release before we see them.
>>
>>756405
Some anon on /v/ claimed you will
>>
Optimization is a bit better than I remember but goddamn do I hate this VT2-style of leveling and gearing.
>>
>>756072
I started yesterday and I'm still downloading the game.
Get your games ready for my ping (250ms minimum)
>>
The only hoard shooters ive played are the killing floors and that aliens game.
I actually got to be pretty good at them, but i kind of suck in general
wat do?
>>
Every time I play a fatshark game it just makes me want to go back to Destiny. Why can't anyone else make killing hordes of mobs feel that good?
>>
Thank fuck steam refunds are unlimited with beta releases and pre-orders.
>>
>>756589
well im having fun and this is 40k so its going to be popular
>>
>>756372
Zealot seems to have been considerably buffed, especially with the lvl 30 talent that gives two separate instances of the ultimate.
>>
Loving the game so far, though I'd love to see a second faction of enemies. My hope is that eventually we'll get a fledgeling genestealer cult as a second faction, similar to how Vermintide 2 got the beastmen. It would fit perfectly in the hive city setting, and cover all your basic archetypes of enemy types needed.
>>
>>755113
> Game is hard.
> Fog of war in grimdark future is a thing.

DESU I love the "oh shit" moments when a mauler pops out in the middle of the las mob. Game feels way less predictable and formulaic than VT, which just felt like an endless chain of pick out the special before defeating horde, repeat 1000x times. I like that the enemy can surprise you.
>>
>Play a round or two last night
>Today errors out on login for a while
>Then lets me in but errors out on matchmaking
>Then starts matchmaking but never finds anything and I can't leave it and have to quit the game
At this rate I'll be only crashing half way through a match next week.
>>
ended up playing with a fatshark guy (psyker) when playing Ogryn, was actually fun and actually went smoothly

most players are just bad at the game

also its fun and looks suprisingly well after they fixed some stuff
>>
>>756681
having another faction show up would be interesting, but I can't think of any that wouldnt go into conflict with the nurgle cult other than say darkmech showing up with their own force to reinforce the nurgle cultists (since any other god would end up in conflict with them sooner or later, Tzeentch especially. And a genestealer cult would absolutely also result in them fighting one another)
>>
two outta four
https://discord.gg/7UXjDHFr
>>
File: 1665111499316502.gif (2.56 MB, 600x600)
2.56 MB
2.56 MB GIF
>>756917
>>
>less characters
>less writing
>less classes
>less weapons
>less levels
>less FPS
>less visibility (i hope you love dark green humanoids and shadows)

another banger from fatshark. cant wait to ride the Dark Tide with you guys!
>>
File: bridge.webm (2.88 MB, 1280x853)
2.88 MB
2.88 MB WEBM
>>
>>756806
I know its frustrating but you can't be mad. They made it very clear this is a beta. Now knowing game releases now a days, there will be bugs. But yeah I don't think its fair just *yet* to give them bad reviews over bugs when they've said this is a beta. Fingers crossed the bugs that remain at launch aren't game stoppers
>>756831
I think if they add another faction, it will probably be on new levels or something different. Like I can easily see them doing a Tyranid or Genestealer dynamic and they can easily "replace" the enemies in per-existing levels just with a different story around it. I think the biggest issue will be explaining it in the way of Inquisition. Does the inquisition care about tyranids? The story wouldn't be the focus around them. I can only imagine that it will be like "Oh we need ammo, but the place has been overun by tyranids" type of shit. Or they could do a 180 and introduce a new "base of operations" and go work for another faction outside of the inquisition. Or another asks them for help

>>757075
>Better/more detailed environments
>More character customization
>More guns
>No more team comp restrictions
>Instead of classes you have feats which can be built to turn existing classes into specific uses (sharpshooter for example can specialize in ranged or close range + be more tanky)
The game does have issues. I do wish there were more classes. I think the weapon choices are pretty inline with Vermintide 2 at launch. Viability is a hit or miss. It adds to the atomsphere I think, they giving certain classes some kind of night vision would be cool. I personally haven't had an issue with it except a few times at those very large wide open areas. I think people complaining about writing/characters is BS. I'm not sure what you mean by "characters", but writing only mattered for like the first 5-10 hours. After that nobody gives a shit. You've got a basic story in this game that they'll fully release at launch
>>
did they really nerf the psykers as bad as people are saying they did? no buy from me if so, let the player have fun you fucking cucks
>>
>>757177
>They made it very clear this is a beta.
i'm so fucking sick of hearing this shit dog. the game comes out in 2 weeks. fuck you think they're gonna be able to fix if they haven't been able to make the game decent after all the fucking delays? it's very obvious there's core design problems happening at fat shark and this is getting rushed out the door.
warhammer 2077
>>
>>757238
Core design issues? like what. The basic bugs like crashes and shit, yeah they can probably fix those in 2 weeks or at least a good chunk of them. But what core design issues do you see? I do agree if they're there and not just a preference issue, they wont be fixed by launch.
>>
File: agony.png (118 KB, 952x935)
118 KB
118 KB PNG
>>757241
>But what core design issues do you see?
were you not paying attention when they initially went with a "your gear is your class" system in the marketing of the game?
>they suddenly pivoted to a class-based system, which is why we only have 4 fucking classes that all feel the same aside from the ogryn
>there's no private lobbies or bots so you are forced to play with a party of 4 or deal with randos (who are invariably either completely braindead or sweaty speedrunners who don't know cohesion is a thing and constantly get downed)
>there is literally no point to having the hub, it's just an annoyance in a game already plagued with technical issues, long load times, crashes, etc.
>character creator feels like it was made over a weekend then never touched again, every character is way too fucking ugly (shut the fuck up about the "le grimdark universe!!!!" shit already, the women look like men and the men look like shit)
>the ui is an absolute fucking disaster with several things completely opaque like what ANY fucking weapon stat actually means, let alone the hieroglyphics related to weapon combos
>once again: the classes all feel the same. the ogryn feels different cuz he's bigger, psyker can sometimes pop some brains, other than that it's just boring and stale as fuck
>several of the penance challenges are literally impossible unless you're four people who are highly coordinated, and even then some of them are absolutely absurd
>weapon unlocks are painfully slow and you'll be using the same shit for hours until you get something new
>visuals look nice when you can actually see them but the game is so dark you usually cant
should i go on
>>
>>757245
>marketing gear
I never pay attention to pre-release marketing of games for the most part. Wait till I see gameplay and something that is playable. So not sure where they said this / if its true. Gear still has an impact on how you play, but yeah it doesn't decide your class. More like a subclass setup
>Private Lobbies
They said that's coming in December. But for me I never paid attention to that offering/didn't care; so it didn't factor into my decision making. If you bought it expecting this and didn't research enough to see its not in the game, that's your own fault.
>Hub
Its very important in you know...knowing how much ammo, armor, health, grenades, etc you have. Feels the same as vermintide
>Character creation
What, just cause it didn't have sliders to change specific features? Feels pretty standard to me. Sliders are the outlier in these things.
>UI
I agree
>Penance
Ones that require teamwork I'm fine with. Something to work towards. But yeah a few of them are bonkers/not good. But that's just cosmetics/horizontal shit I don't care for.
>Weapon Unlocks
I guess? I mean I spent like 90% of the time using the same 1 or 2 weapons in vermintide. So not an issue for me.
>Visuals
I'm not having an issue here, but I can see why it would annoy some people.

You bring up some valid points, but a good portion of those seem like preferences. Not core design issues.
>>
>>757263
Hub, not HUD.
>>
>>757308
Ohhh Hub. Hmm. Yeah it doesn't serve a "technical" purpose. I think the reason they did that was to help encourage that feeling of multiplayer. Not only feeling like you in a game with other players, even if you don't interact with them. But also as a way to show off cosmetic skins (lets be honest a lot of people this matters to them). So yeah functionally speaking, it is useless. But I think they wanted to enforce that feeling of playing with a lot of other players + the ability to show off. I think it can also help players find organized groups for things. Instead of relying on discords/forums. Since there is chat in the game and all 20 players in the hub shard can talk.
>>
>>757318
I personally like the hub because I get to see all the silly Ogryn names. Really just a better version of what they had for a hub in VT2.
>>
Fuck you the Ogryn is fun and the rippergun is my wife
>>
>Game is a buggy mess, crashes all the time
>Cant create a female character (they are all male)
>Frame rate tanks for everyone despite specs
Those are the downsides

>lasgun is fun
>voice lines are good
>40k
those are some upsides
>>
File: vet.png (1.12 MB, 1163x587)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB PNG
kill veterans
>>
File: ork.png (619 KB, 547x639)
619 KB
619 KB PNG
ork in darktide
>>
Too barebones for me. Back to VT2 for at least a year I reckon
>>
>>757476
But anon! It's Still In Beta™! I'm sure by release it'll be great!
>>
>Its another episode of: my team plays like this is cod and literally cant move an inch unless every single trash enemy in their vision is dead
Cant i just get full team of ogryns every time?
>>
>Its another episode of my team rushes ahead and im left mopping up
>>
>>757177
I'm pretty sure the inquisition does also handle genestealer cults sometimes. A full on Tyranid invasion would be far above their pay grade, but a cult that hasn't risen up yet seems right up their alley.

>>756831
You could make them Cult Tenebrous, they are pretty nurgle-adjacent, all about nasty little bugs and decay. They eat bugs, and feed other things to bugs so they can eat the bugs later. Or you could just have some missions (DLC maybe?) where the enemies are Genestealer cultists, and others where it's the nurgle heretics.
>>
>>757245
nailed it. they should've just stuck with the vermintide formula.
>>
does demolition team not work?
i think its procced once for me since ive had it
>>
is this game as good as deep rock galatic?
>>
>>757615
lolno
>>
which female face is the one that looks like a female?
>>
>>751222
Psyker.
Having loads of fun :3

I ain't even a shill, shill-san.
>>
>>751255
Thank you for your service.
>>
>>757723
The ones made for black women.
>>
>>753355
You're thinking of Space Marines, you dingus.
>>
>>757578
>>757585
The duality of man
>>
>>757880
No, I wasn't. Turns out there were a few obscure wahmen guardsmen.
>>
Whats the alt fire on the zealot shotgun do?
>>
>>753373
Strict canon? If it's in a book, it's canon. Simple as.
>>
Ogryn is the class you literally have to play to carry shitters. Lots of CC, lots of damage, can revive idiots better.
>>
>>758066
If it says special ammo, I think it may turn your bullet into a fan cone instead of a circle scatter for one shot. So imagine a horizontal fan of bullets shooting out from your gun for one shot. It does less damage to a single target though. Not really worth it imo. It's that way for the lawbringer shotgun on Sharpshooter. Probably the same on zealot.
>>
>>758161
it's also the only other class. the other three are just "dude with gun and sword" with nearly useless abilities (especially since they nerfed the shit out of psyker)
>>
I'm enjoying it, lads
>>
>>758392
Eh not really. It's more about how you use it and your level. Early on yeah its garbage. Most of the classes feel too similar. But once you level them up they actually feel unique. Especially once you get access to more weapons. Psyker with its force staff/sword. Sharpshooter with its advance ranged weapons and things like the plasma rifle. Zealot with its flamer and melee weapons.

But they all can be built to fit the same roles. Every class can have access to great frontline capabilities, anti horde, or anti special.
>>
>Another mission with full team of low level russians
Emperor keeps giving his toughest battles to his strongest warrior
>>
>>758425
same anon

most played ogryn since I enjoy tank-y classes, but veteran is also nice
>>
why are the mentally ill like this
>>
File: 1657676266459.png (33 KB, 885x291)
33 KB
33 KB PNG
>>758564
pic related
>>
>remote disconnect
Does this mean you are kicked from the lobby? I joined up into one with a bunch of level 20+ shitters still playing Malice and I think they kicked me lmao
>>
>Veteran
>gun has lots of ammo
>still punished for spamming it
>melee is wimpy
>ability is literally just gun with extra damage and some damage resist eventually
>class sucks unless you go grenade spam route
>except grenades are slow and not that great anyway

>Ogryn
>great passives
>best ability in the game
>great melee
>guns are amazing but inaccurate and suck up ammo like a cockthirsty cumslut
>grenade may as well not exist, not worth using on anyone except raid boss enemies

>Psyker
>fucking force lightning and infinite ammo anti-Specialist grenade

Class balance seems a little fucked. Don't know what the incentive is to play Veteran or Zealot.
>>
>>758661
There is no incentive to play Zealot right now because fartshark hasn't fixed him yet.

As for veteran, I get a lot of enjoyment out of shooting things. It's nice to be able to trivialize what could normally be an extended firefight or a wipe with a string of good shots on ranged threats.
>>
>>758661
As a Vet main (coming in at about 26 hours played on Vet), he has a lot of bonuses. Veteran is tricky in that early game he is kind of shit. But at about level 10 he starts to get some OP things. 20 is when it really changes for the class. I do agree that like 90% of the guns are useless. There's currently one meta gun. I've done extensive testing of various attributes for the guns in the meat grinder to figure out what is best. And this one I have now is insane. High damage, high capacity, high range. Vet has really 3 playstyles

>CQC
You're looking for high rate of fire, close range weapons for this. Right now based what I've seen, if you want to play this role, Shotgun/braced autogun/Recon Lasgun. Depending on team comp, my rec feats are 1/2or3/2or3/1or2/1/1or3.
>Versatile/medium
You're looking for weapons that can be effective to some degree at all ranges. Especially medium. Various lasguns are preferred here. Auto guns are fucking useless. 3/1or3/2or3/any/1/any
>Sniper/LongRange
You're gonna want the weapons that deal with the most amount of damage in one hit. You need to be on a team comp where you can reliable take your shots without getting a ton of melee damage. Xii or Helbore > head hunter > everything else. 3/1/3/3/2/2or3

Veterans are the class that can fill any role that is required quite well. It can do well in holding the front line with damage reductions and stamina regens. It can spam the shit out of grenades and allow allies to do the same. It can also, with the right support, absolutely decimate via ranged combat. If you position yourself correctly, camo feat allows you to sit there shooting away without getting attacked for entire objectives. A large portion of the guns are shit. But once you get the good ones and once you get to level 15 and higher, fuck man you decimate. Camoflauge really is a game changer for medium to close range fights.

The issue arises when have 3 sharpshooters all wanting to be snipers/long range.
>>
these shit devs need to fix the fucking crashes
>>
>>757177
>Does the inquisition care about tyranids?
I mean, there's a whole section of the inquisition about stomping out alien threats (Ordo Xenos), so yes.

Very likely we could see dark eldar mixed in with chaos as well, they've canonically teamed up with chaos cults and armies loads of times as mercs.
>>
What's everyone's favorite voices for each class?

Veteran - Male Cutthroat
Zealot- Male Judge ( bit over the top but I like it the best )
Psyker - Fem Loner
Ogryn - Bodyguard
>>
can anyone confirm that DCing at the end of the mission and reconnecting as veteran for that no melee damage cheevo works?
>>
How the fuck do I get pistolero
>>
>>759661
The quick throw of the grenade has a shorter fuse than the overhand throw. Use that as you will, makes it easier to get.
>>759070
My entire room got d/c'd at the end of a mission. one got d/c'd at the valk. We waited. They reconnected. We each got d/c'd and reconnected. When I reconnected we all immediately jumped on the valk and I got the cosmetic. So it works when disconnecting.
>>
>>758940
Honestly I don't really like any of their voices, but I think Bardin's VA phoning in as an Ogryn is tolerable enough.
>>
Full human team
>Someone whines about levels
>Everyone running around doing nothing
>If you get downed you are as good as dead
Full bigman retard rp gang
>"medink-nae station here!"
>Everything grinded to paste in seconds
>Someone always helps you up asap
Ogryns based, simple as
>>
Did the patch make talents actually work?
>>
>>759710
I had a game where I was paired with 3 ogryns and I was the single Vet and honestly it was great they handled most melee enemies which let me clear out the ranged enemies. We cleared that shit in no time
>>
Flamers seem to be absolutely unbelievable when you are gifted a natural chokepoint and worthless at all other times.

I chose Zealot because I feel an urgin’ for a purgin’, and it’s such a pain to use.
>>
>>759842
Yeah Ogryns are definitely my favorite class to play along side. That's going to be my next class to level up. Or if they do a wipe that will be my main. I'm currently maining the vet in the pre-order beta. Having an Ogryn that can hold off melee and provide cover is a god send as a vet. Usually when I see one, I'll go my long range build. I'll still walk close with my team. But I usually get like 75% of the special kills. And a majority of the time it is before they can deal damage to my team. Such a fun combo.

Psykers on the other hand suck ass. Not the class, but the players. Generally. They wall want to be full time casters. I.E force staff uses. Which is fine, until you play with a player who isn't high enough level to get a force staff. So they spend the entire team head bursting none-specials and never using their other weapons lol.
>>
>>759992
>they spend the entire team head bursting none-specials and never using their other weapons

Every time i see a normal heretic with a headburst on, i shoot them first.

Headburst is amazing against ogryns but holy shit.
>>
>>759986
>I picked the vermintide but gay class
>wtf why this shit gay
>>
Did they add more content yet?
>>
>>757992
>Gaunt's ghosts
>obscure
>>
File: 1595230012498.jpg (1.33 MB, 1500x2100)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB JPG
>>759992
>Psyker complains about someone killing a BB target
>i spend the rest of the run killing every BB cast I can see with the bolter

ANOTHER DAY IN THE 'GUARD
>>
File: ni1l0dmiwo1a1.jpg (155 KB, 1752x1080)
155 KB
155 KB JPG
i dont even care that this is crossposted from reddit, i hate psykers so much im even looking there for shitposting material
>>
>>760505
yep
>>
i always feel like the enemy melee range in these kinds of games is misrepresented by the animations and that the hit box for what counts as a hit against you (the player) is too "far"

in other words, you take damage from an enemy melee swing that just seems like there's no planet where it should have connected and registered damage

am i the only one that feels this way? i always want to like these style of games but there's always minor nuances in the moment to moment combat/gameplay that aren't as enjoyable as something as straight forward as KF1/KF2
>>
I did it...I bought...when will the darktide stock drop?
>>
>>760650
'ate witches
'ate mutants

'luv emperor
'luv the guard

[image of norf ogryn saying that or something I had it somewhere but lost it someone please help]
>>
>>758661
>>still punished for spamming it
>>melee is wimpy
get a boltgun and powersword
>>
>>760726
the phantom melee range applies to you as well. it's pretty dumb, but swedes can't code so
>>
>>757245
>run veteran
>use flashlight
>ignore other classes
>have a not-shit pc and experience no technical issues
works on my machine+having fun
>>
>>758815
XII lasgun makes specials your bitch, and if you can plink heads quickly the Level 30 perk 2 for anti-shooter makes you a hard carry
>>
>>757241
>uprising
>pretty fair, not that difficult if you time your shots and use cover
>malice
>get spammed with elites, constantly, never-ending
>>
I stopped playing because the writing is on the wall for a wipe at launch
>>
>>761064
The difficulty jump between 2 and 3 is wild, you pretty much shouldn't bother unless everyone is level 20 or above.
>>
we did it boys, we saved tertium
>>
>>761098
What writing, homie
>>
>buy game
>get backend error
>It's a known issue
>try steps I find online, it doesn't work

So... now what? just wait? I want to purge heretics.
>>
>>761420
Try reinstalling and the such. If not, yeah gotta wait for a patch. It is in beta.
>>
>>761402
The huge watermark that this is a pre launch beta that they added this week
>>
>>761585
Yeah a shame though if they do cause it doesn't feel like there was any progression issues. At least not yet. I mean yeah some people found ways to cheese a few of the penances by logging out by d/cing at the last minute. But lets be honest, those penances suck to begin with. And doesn't seem like it would warrant a full scale wipe.

Well have to see though. I hope they don't, but yeah wouldn't be surprised. Considering they said that the average player has only spent 11 hours in game, they probably don't see it as a net loss.

The true question is how many of those average players didn't really like they game and wont pick it back up when it "fully" releases. And those who have 30+ hours that get wiped, will they get annoyed at that and not pick it up either. Gonna be interesting to see how the population changes at full release. I wouldn't be surprised if their peak playerbase will be what they gained at pre-launch beta. Not on release.
>>
File: ClassesDarktide.png (150 KB, 975x481)
150 KB
150 KB PNG
The truth
>>
Build variety is...sparse.
>>
>>761420
backend errors usually involve the anti-virus and their piss-shit terrible anti-cheater software. Delete the app data folder
>>
File: thankgod.png (211 KB, 459x273)
211 KB
211 KB PNG
Hell yeah so glad to hear this.
>>
>>762667
who cares? game won't be worth playing for another year at least
>>
I'm having fun even if /vm/ isn't :)???
>>
>>761694
psyker and ogryn main literally seething that he's less useful than veterans. what happened? did a bolter vet steal all your bb kills again?
>>
File: MyMain.png (207 KB, 439x482)
207 KB
207 KB PNG
>>762713
Nah dude, I'm a vet main all the way. The issue is that everybody thinks like you. They think "Oh I'm ogryn, I'm really good at killing specialists". Or "Oh I'm a psyker, my sole purpose in life is to kill specialists". Ogryn have the best tools used for horde management/CC and front-lining. Psykers are a bit of a mixed bag in that they have great tools for horde killing, CC, and specialist killing. The thing about psykers is you have to manage not only your peril, but also realize how to utilize head burst and warp charges. They're very easy to be bad at, especially with how glass canon they are. Like I find psykers are great for taking out specialist without line of sight (lock on with brain burst then hide behind cover while casting) or from things super long away where the veteran can't get a shot off them (maybe they're running auto gun/shotgun). There's a lot of layers to them and they're hard to get right. Which is why so many people end up sucking ass with them. I love vet and it will always be my main, but they're not hard to be semi effective at. And they can't do anything crazy. It essentially comes down to being able to aim well, positioning, knowing what to prioritize target wise, and knowing when to use grenades. They're still very good mind you, but that ceiling aint that hard to be good at them. And the floor is much lower than other classes to feel effective. You can still suck at them, mind you.
>>
>>762724
So you objectively have no idea what you're talking about because you haven't even played the other classes to the point where they become unique yet. Could have tl:dr'd your ramble of a post.
>>
File: CanYouBeMoreAverage.png (92 KB, 418x208)
92 KB
92 KB PNG
>>762725
>Complains that he doesn't like rating
>Provide hours played to show that the class he is simping for I've played for tons of hours
>Thinks I don't play with other players who have tons of time into the other classes
>Moves goal post to protect his ego
Ok show me your full deck of highly played classes that makes you such an expert to dismiss the ranking? Either that or go back to your sub and seethe
>>
>>761960
Tried that, twice. Still not working. It's supposedly on their end but other people can play and I am mad.
>>
>>762736
You don't know what you're talking about because your first sentence gave it away.
>The issue is that everybody thinks like you. They think "Oh I'm ogryn, I'm really good at killing specialists". Or "Oh I'm a psyker, my sole purpose in life is to kill specialists"
Not even retarded noobs think Ogryn is good at killing specialists. Ogryn is only worth having around for the stagger. Even then, Ogryn literally just ends up making encounters take longer because instead of everything grouping up to be eviscerated by cleave or AOE, they get bashed around and spread out.

Ogryn CC < Psyker CC. End of story. Psyker BB doesn't even scale so it's borderline useless above malice. The only thing that class is good for is using lightening staff for CC because it's borderline overpowered.

> Like I find psykers are great for taking out specialist without line of sight (lock on with brain burst then hide behind cover while casting)
Did it take you 9 days to figure out what everyone understood on day one? Arguably the least skill-intesive thing to do in this entire game.

Even after everything you say, you still at the end of your post bring up more things Vet has to do than every other class in the game has to do. Vet is unironically overpowered right now because if you do all those things then you barely need a team. It has objectively the strongest weapons, a strong class ability, and the most useful grenade. Couple that with his ability to deal with ranged enemies better than most other classes, there is nothing that compares to his ability to drag his team out of a bad situation other than a massive influx of elites that need lightening staff to stagger them.
>>
>>762749
>Ok show me your full deck of highly played classes that makes you such an expert
Could've just said you don't fit these requirements.
>>
>>762758
I've only played zealot to 22, vet to 30, ogryn to 14, and psyker to 8. Unironically more than you with less hours.
>>
>>762760
>highly played classes
So still no
>zealot to 22, vet to 30
Ahh that explains it. You're a vet main and zealot alt. No wonder you're seething at that ranking.
>>
>>762762
Zealot isn't even worth playing right now because it's too underwhelming, good job being unable to pick apart anything I say. Still apparently a higher level than you despite you whining like a know-it-all that someone disagrees with you. Time to change your diaper.
>>
>>762766
>Whining like a know it all
Doesn't it suck when someone uses your own garbage logic against you, eh?
>>762749
Sounds like you are playing ogryn wrong, or you're playing with those who are. You pretty much agreed with what I said about Psyker. Save for BB which I think its up for debate.If you're playing vet and you're only running plasma gun, then yeah I don't think you're using it to its full potential. Most of the other weapons can be used by other classes quite easily. Your opinion on grenades is up for debate. Ogryn is great a single target against specials (another sign you're using it wrong if you think its useless). Zealot has an amazing large scale CC grenade to setup aoe burn downs. And by your own logic of why Ogryn are bad, I.E spreading everything out, then the vet nade should be bad here. No? As it "spreads everything out". And by your own logic of you dedicating more time to the other classes, then that must mean I'm more an expert on Vet, right? Unless of course the hours played doesn't really matter and its just a matter of perspective. Which makes this whole argument pointless.
>>
>>762784
What an absolutely retarded post.

BB scales horribly above malice as the HP pools get higher. Nobody even runs plasma gun, why bring up this irrelevant weapon? It's either Bolter or the MGXII/Recon Las depending on how comfortable you feel dealing with ranged trash with the bolter.
Grenades are not up for debate. Zealot grenade isn't useless but outside of a clutch scenario or if your Psyker has no CC then you barely need it.
Veteran grenade easily kills 80 percent of what it hits and knocks everything down to the ground with minimal knockback. It doesn't even come remotely close to an Ogryn taking multiple hits to kill trash mobs and spreading them out with every hit, what a shitbag comparison. You're unironically better off just having a Zealot or a Vet with a power sword cleaving at the front.

It is a matter of perspective though. You're just trying to discount how retardedly OP vet is at the moment by saying he has a low skillcap which isn't entirely wrong, but it's also wrong to say any of the other classes have a higher skill cap simply because they do most things worse than him.

Immense amounts of stagger/cc only matter if you have the ability to kill them. Psyker and Veteran are essentially in the same ballpark where they focus down elites, but one has a harder job dealing with the quick moving enemies which ends up increasing his skill ceiling. Psyker can just BB or stagger.
>>
>everyone complaining about the game online have bad computers
>>
>>762705
My friends and I played the power outage event and just shit our pants when a deamonhost came out of no where and fucked us. Literally none of us expected it, we were all just like "oh wow the lights turn off I guess that's cool I really can't see shit."
>>
i really want to like games like vermintide and dark tide but they're pretty miserable solo experiences

they really should have locked difficulty to the gear level (otherwise why even have it) just to keep the level 1s and 4s out of malice (which i feel is supposed to be the average difficulty but somehow pubs fuck up hard)

even if level doesnt really matter, at least it would keep people who literally just installed from jumping in.

people soft throw all the time in solo lobbies and it's frustrating to just have all that time wasted for nothing
>>
>>763448
>everyone with good computers could have sunk cost bias
>>
why are people so fucking bad at this game? god i hate this shit.
>>
>>763585
Yeah those demonhosts get old fast though. They're like guaranteed one person in your group dies in most matches. They need to scale down their main attack. Either damage or speed.

>>763753
Vermintide was the same way and I'm 100% convinced that this is why that game never took off before being released for free and why player retention in these games has always been shiet. There's a lot of people who are bad at the game, don't understand roles, and don't play as a team. And it doesn't help that the rewards for failing are horrible. The rewards for "hard" content is not worth it. Like >>763743 said, it can be a super frustrating experience for solos. It was like that in Vt2 for the longest time until the casuals got filtered and quit the game. It will be like that in darktide because darktide is even harder. With lack of class restrictions, lots of new players to the tide type of games, increase in special spawns (and special Difficulty), huge increase in ranged pressure, etc. Its overall a harder experience.

I'm working on a "reviver" build for my ogryn. Gonna be interesting to see how it handles in pugs. Lots of stamina and reviving. Gonna grab a shield and make it my entire job to try to stop people from dying lol.
>>
Reskin of the same weapon = family?!?!?!?!
>>
>>757992
You not knowing shit about the lore doesn't mean it's obscure, friendo. Just admit you're a lorelet and you made assumptions
>>
>>763919
nah it's obscure af
>>
>>763919
when darktide dropped everyone was bitching about womyn guardsmen in the trailer so yeah it is pretty obscure
>>
>>763752
it must be so nice to have a low iq
>>
the weeklies are dog shit. currently trying to collect 5 grimoires. the cost to replace is insane too. i've triedf collecting grims on rank 2 difficulty but no luck so far. kinda sad desu.
>>
>>764533
Grimores are one of the things I always reroll. They're a garbage mechanic in the game right now and a pug trap. So many games I fail in pug matches cause we got grimores and people can't handle having so much less health.
>>
File: image.png (2.82 MB, 1535x867)
2.82 MB
2.82 MB PNG
>>
File: 1420604488107.gif (2.21 MB, 225x168)
2.21 MB
2.21 MB GIF
>all my friends are below rank 30
>weapons are upgraded
>next penance requires heresy
>cant get a single pug heresy to make it 5 minutes
>>
>>764586
just for my own curiosity what are the ranks/levels of players joining those lobbies?
>>
>>764583
>Why veterans are required in teams
>>764676
nta, but most of the time when I queue up for that they're below level 30. But still even then I've failed quite a few times with a pug full of level 30s. Lowest I think I've seen is like 15? Whatever the minimum level is to queue up for it I've seen. It usually comes down to people running builds that are only good if other people are playing a certain way. Like one time I went in there it was a full group of veterans. Level 30. I usually go for a close range, expected a lot of melee type of build. Since shit like this happens all the time at all difficulties. The remaining 3 veterans were all those long range, wanna be sniper builds. So every time one of them got within range of a melee enemy. They'd panic and start to run. Trying to create distance to "snipe". Even at times it was like watching dominos. One would get hit melee and they would run to another veteran to try to use him as the front line. Then the new veteran would do the same. Which meant nobody was doing damage. Nevermind many of them weren't running the grenade stuff so they couldn't do anything beyond high single target damage.

It's just one of those things that requires people to be decently geared + know how to play + know roles. Like any genre, most people who play a video game suck at it. So I usually stick to malice or below when I'm pugging. It isn't worth the stress. Yeah yeah, you get a few more cosmetics. But I could care less. They're gonna release some cash store shit in the future that I'll end up buying anyway cause it will look cooler. Plus winning a malic match, if I remember, awards more everything than losing a heresy. Just aint worth that shit. I'm also very cautious about malic grimores or malic endless hordes. Those too have issues like above where people just suck ass and die constantly. If I'm on my vet, I can carry fairly well. Anything else, I can't carry them as hard.
>>
File: dumdums.png (378 KB, 576x567)
378 KB
378 KB PNG
>Playing
>Join pug
>Your teammates are listening to music/don't have sound on

Games are a great way to remind you people are idiots
>>
>>764727
>>Your teammates are listening to music/don't have sound on
I'm playing a public game, I don't want to hear your faggot voice. You don't need comms for anything below Damnation anyway, just stick together, attack the enemy and keep moving.
>>
File: 1617030968972.png (1.87 MB, 1060x1053)
1.87 MB
1.87 MB PNG
Finally beat Haz4+endless hordes (though iirc it's bugged regardless) with the lads, everyone was below 25 and rocking 250-300 shit. Pretty fun but this game has a lot of shit that tells me fatshart either didn't learn enough from vt2 or GW had more say in gameplay matters than they should've.
>>
File: 20221127215810_1.jpg (684 KB, 2560x1440)
684 KB
684 KB JPG
>women don't play video ga..
>>
>>764018
you mean all the lorelet retards were bitching about the existence of women in the trailer.

no one bitched about the inclusion of mira in Space Marine when it came out 11 years ago. know why? because in 2011 40k hadnt been infested with idpol obsessed newfags who think the existence of brown people and women in their media is white genocide. next time just do the absolute bare minimum of research on a topic you dont know anything about before taking such a hard stance. it will save you the embarrassment
>>
File: sasha grey darktide.png (2.27 MB, 1920x1080)
2.27 MB
2.27 MB PNG
>>764834
>>
>>764923
>idpol
back to discord, transsister
>>
>>764923
Show me a mini of a female guardsman made by GW. Oh you can't because it doesn't exist? That's right.
>>
>>764795
Not saying for voice dumbass. You need to hear specials. The amount of times a fucking mutant charged them from behind or a trapper from behind and they just sat there because they didn't hear them was a lot. Sound tells are a pretty big thing of tide games.
>>
>>765021
>The only valid canon are models
Based
>>
>>765021
>Numerous mentions of female guard in the lore for the past twenty years
>They made female heads for the existing guardsman mini bodies
>Not the first game to do this
>There's nothing in the lore that says women can't be in the guard

Dude your schizo is showin a bit. Just chill. Take a deep breath. The only people who complained about any of this was people on 4chan and youtube comments. That's not everyone. It's such an inconsequential thing that doesn't impact anything with the game. There's no woke agenda. They didn't change the lore or universe. Its been this way for decades now. Such a weird thing to harp on.
>>
>>765021
why do fags like you try to make out like GW is based or something, they aren't based lol.
>>
Looking for endgame gear on zealot.
Should I look for Eviscerators or Combat Blades?
Also does Curio rating matter at all?
>>
RP=Fashion>Fun>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Meta
>>
>>751222
Why shouldn’t I just build max damage and utilize the 90 cd invuln every time to replenish my health to full? Wouldn’t that be better than the toughness heavy builds?
>>
>>765141
You can easily die twice in 90 seconds. Not dying > 20% extra damage
>>
>>765068
They definitely aren't based, which actually makes the point that they never made female guard minis even more poignant.
>>
File: Imperial-armyWD96-1987.jpg (140 KB, 590x769)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
>>765021
>>765249
here you go retard, Female Trooper Vaskez, a 35 year old mini.
idk why I'm even humoring you, your "it only matters if there's an official GW mini of it" argument was retarded from the get-go.
>>
>>765306
1 (one) single mini in the game's entire history lmao
>>
>>765021
the current and upcoming cadian kits have female models for guardsmen are you retarded?
>>
>>765327
>moving the goalposts this obviously
lmao
here's another one just for the sake of it
there have been females in the guard for literal decades, if you weren't a drooling mongrel you'd know that.
>>
>>763826
Yeah I'm lucky I always play with premade
>>
>>765339
That's not a GW mini
>>
>>765337
Nope
>>
>>765347
https://www.belloflostsouls.net/2020/09/warhammer-40k-ripper-jackson-goes-made-to-order.html
It absolutely is you drooler. anything else you want to say to embarrass yourself?
>>
>>765367
>limited run
lmao
>>
File: 1590839624944.jpg (57 KB, 645x729)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>765370
>Show me a mini of a female guardsman made by GW. Oh you can't because it doesn't exist? That's right.
>Uhm oh, you can actually? And plenty of examples from the lore, old & new? Well uh, those don't count!!1
>>
>>765401
>posts a 35 year old mini that was obviously a cash in on Aliens' Vasquez
>posts a limited run mini that no one bought
wow bro there are so many women in the Guard. it's totes the norm and the amount of wahmen running around in Darktide is lore accurate just trust me bro
also posting a wojak means you lost
>>
File: there_is_only_bait.jpg (20 KB, 640x960)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>765439
>>
>>765401
>>765367
>>765339
>>765337
>>765306
>>765049
>>764923
imagine seething this hard over someone not recognizing the miniscule amount of fronthole representation in the IG. why are you here instead of reddit?
>>
>>765777
because it's fun to shit on retards who dont know the lore at all but try to make hardline statements about it. if you miss talking to redditors that much maybe you should go back there
>>
>>766098
why? you're here.
>>
>>751222
not buying it Fatshit lied about VT1 and tripled down on lying for VT2 they can suck my balls.
>>
>>766112
Cool story bro
>>
File: vermintide_2_roadmap.jpg (427 KB, 1920x1080)
427 KB
427 KB JPG
>>766115
have a good post launch
>>
>>766143
I will, thanks. I quite enjoy the game.
>>
>>766144
>this poo is GOOD and I will KEEP ENJOYING IT
kek
>>
File: 1092223.jpg (200 KB, 1859x1859)
200 KB
200 KB JPG
"Auspexes are detecting a high level of samefagging in this thread, brother."
>>
File: 1664309417610216.jpg (80 KB, 800x450)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>766311
>>
OP is a shill, game is okay but needs way more content. Also the gear treadmill is FUCKED, what's the fucking point of playing if the BEST way to get gear is literally idling in town checking the shop every hour until a 400 gray spawns???? Retard design. Needs a refinement ability to raise base stats, not just increase tier but keep shitty base stats.
>>
>mid tier GPUs don't even meet the recommendation for new games anymore
do they really expect everyone to have a fucking 3060 these days
>>
>>764822
My friend told me haz4 was gonna be easy and I havent won a single one for the past two hours.
>>
this launch is so shit tier and all you stupid niggerfaggots that are defending it should die in a fire and I will lay out exactly why:

1. There are not 70+ weapons in the game at launch. This was explicitly promised. There are not even 70. And so many are just minor variations. 5 versions of the same fucking axe. Not a chainaxe, there's only one version of that piece of shit. But regular boring axes? Yeah everyone plays 40k for those.

2. Crafting is not in the game. You can upgrade a weapon. That's it. If you upgrade and you get a shitty upgrade your are stuck with it. You cannot switch upgrades, you cannot reroll upgrades. You cannot even go back to before you got the shitty upgrade. "But it's coming out sooooooooon tbd" Kill yourself. Do it right now. Jab the keyboard into your throat and jump onto it with your entire bodyweight you obese retard. Another core feature missing at launch. "But at least you can just buy a fresh wea-"

3. No you cannot. We have invented the most ingenious store ever devised by chinese chink niggers and gangraped into Scandinavian developer's AGILE meetings. Lets have a store where you literally never get what you want. You want a lasgun? It might drop. But if it does it will be A) Too high a level for you to use B) shitty C) the wrong variant D) Have the wrong perks already which you can't undo because of point 2. And it resets. Once. An. Hour.

4. The perks suck daemon cock. They do. Some of them are slightly cool. Camouflage is kind of interesting. But most of them are stupid and not particularly interesting. They're Vermintide tier. But at least Vermintide didn't have the advantage of learning from Vermintide. Wait....

5. Faggy censoring. Let people call others faggots and niggers in video games again. If someone kills themselves over a videogame they were going to do it anyway. And none of you faggots are doing that. Stop censoring chat.
>>
>>767330
6. No single player. None. You cannot do it. You must have a large chink government eyeball up your rectum at all times and be forced to play with retard subhumans at any time because no Private lobbies either. "But it's coming soooooooon" *BLAM* Doesn't matter. Anyone else?..... No?.... Okay

7. It's GLITCHY. This might be understandable if it wasn't for ALL THE OTHER POINTS. AT LEAST HAVE ONE THING GOING FOR YOU YOU STUPID RETARDS. I CANT PLAY MY BETA CHARACTER BECAUSE OF THE LAUNCH GLITCHES

8. But at least you can spend an extra 10$ on the only cool ogryn gear in the game finally. So I'll give you that one Fatshark. Although we only have 9 days to buy it, I guess?

9. Seriously, the character creating system was not needed. Left 4 Dead, Vermintide, and Killing Floor (OG not faggy 2) all showed that you can have relatively minimal character customization (unless you have mods, based) and still have excellent narrative/atmosphere. Shouldn't have wasted so many resources on that shit to appease the Xim/Xers.

10. Since I'm on a roll- The mission selection style is dogshit. Even Payday 2, the patron saint of this shitty fucking mission style, ended up making a proper mission selector eventually. AND STOP DOING ENDLESS HORDES BRING OUT THE FUCKING POWER OUTAGE ALREADY ITS DARK TIDE NOT TRAPPERTIDE

Get your head out of your ass if you are still defending this shit fucking game. You are what is wrong with the world and only you can fix yourself.

85+ hours btw
>>
File: (you).gif (443 KB, 480x238)
443 KB
443 KB GIF
>>767332
sorry dude I'm playing the game and enjoying myself so I didn't have time to read all of those complaints
>>
>>764834
They do if it means idiots will give them money. Whores will do anything for money.
>>
>>757128
I just want a breacher gunner with this kind of shield and range weapons.
>>
0/10, can't join heretics. Chaos is the only true answer.
>>
Iveyet to see the dormant form of the demon someone else just always pisses it off and everyone dies
its apparently a blue light or ice? and some stuttering? never fucking seen it game after game someone else wipes us by shooting one id fucking love to even see its dormant fucking crying witch form
i wouldnt mind if i could be the one to fucking shoot it once
>>
>>758565
he knows this is 40k right, he should be happy the kid isnt in some slaanesh or dark eldar torture/pleasure dungeons
>>
File: 1508302197750.gif (1.66 MB, 640x480)
1.66 MB
1.66 MB GIF
>>767332
>9.
yer fuckin gay and an idiot faggot retard
>>
File: 1654278140553.png (818 KB, 760x764)
818 KB
818 KB PNG
I literally can't pick a class since all of them seem cool
FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

is there like a hipster/least played class?
>>
>>767935
Psyker, because its a pain in the ass to play before you get a staff.
You're basically only useful for crowd control or killing snipers.
>>
>>767935
zealot is least picked
ogryn is close range/tanky has good melee blocking
ranger gets the good guns
psyker can make someones head explode for free every few seconds
while zealot is squishy and relies on free shield refills and cheat death at 1hp chance/coooldown and doing extra damage based on hp lost
which is cool in another game but gets newbies killed in dark tide
the zealot that ignores 2 medbays at 1/4 wounds left just so he can do more damage and becomes a burden on the team
>>
>>767976
>>767950
ill try out psyker first because of the negrovant VA and ogryn second
>>
Is it worth getting on full price or should I wait for a sale?
>>
>>768004
Did you play vermintide and like it?
>>
>>764723
Talking about veterans.
Not sure if bug or I'm doing something terribly wrong, but even next to other players I suddenly drop 0 either needing to rez or be rescue later due to immediately die.
I can understand random sniper, but it happens out of the blue and not even surround by enemies.
>>
File: a4b.jpg (73 KB, 680x462)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
>>767935
In my 12 hours I met ogryns the least, other 3 present almost every game, ogryns appears once in 3-4 games or even less.
>>
>>767330
>>767332
Thank you for helping me save my money, anon.
>>
File: GO FAST SONIC.jpg (33 KB, 540x960)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>767330
>>767332
I actually agree with most of this. Though the core gameplay still feels very well made.

This feels like it's the kind of game that will be "great" after a year and half once it has all the features brought in and more things have been balanced (yeah, having the premium shop in and not having a proper crafting system at launch is... bad).
>>
>>767935
There's been a lot of people who have measured this. Via polls (like in discord) and people taking note of every class they see in games. Before launch it was usually around the following

Ogryn - 21%
Psyker - 22%
Zealot - 27%
Veteran - 30%

Give or take 3%. This may have changed but based on what I've seen in game, it fits. Vets and Zealots are the most common I see.
>>
File: file.png (837 KB, 731x1058)
837 KB
837 KB PNG
Fuck me, why'd it have to be a trauma staff?
>>
>>768099
The only thing I'd add is that at Heresy/Damnation it's more like

Ogryn: 5%
Psyker: 35%
Zealot: 20%
Veteran: 40%

Ogryn isn't bad, they're a credit to team, but I think at higher difficulties they aren't fun, shield is mandatory and you're basically playing immovable object simulator.
Psyker is in a similar place in that you've gotta run surge (unless you've got an Ogryn, which you don't), but at least we're still a high APM class where you've gotta play well to be useful
>>
>>768044
No, I didn't play Vermintide.
>>
>>767344
Yeah its really strange the amount of bitching that is going on.
>70+ weapons
Yeah there isn't 70+, there's 65. That's still a fuck ton of weapons. Like oh no, they're 5 short. Not a huge deal.
>Performance
I've got parts from 6 years ago and 32 gb of ram. I run the game on medium and get 50-60 FPS. I don't know what kind of fucked up rigs or settings people are running, but I've had no issues. I know they're having some issues with the "high" settings like ray tracing and shit. But just turn them down. It seems like it solves most of the performance issues + even reduces crashes. Yeah its frustrating you can't fully utilize your 2000 usd+ rigs, but its not a huge deal to play on medium till they iron out the kinks. Certainly not worth the tantrums some people are throwing.

>>768098
>Though the core gameplay still feels very well made.
To me this is the important part. I'm still enjoying the game and having fun. I'm not having trouble finding the weapons I want. Not having trouble building into the playstyles I want. Crafting thing is not a big issue unless you want to push max difficulty, which requires a lot of min/maxing. But lets be honest here, 90% of the players suck too much to even do that. Regardless of the gear.

I'm all for giving games shit for stuff that isn't working correctly. But seems like most people are throwing a tantrum and getting overly angry. Its still a ridiculously fun game. Only people I've seen in game bitching are those who wont stop dying. Played a level 2 difficulty last night and some dude died like 4 times and kept complaining how buggy the game is and how bad performance is. Meanwhile the rest of us said we had no issues. Those type of bad players is all I see when I see some of these complaint posts.
>>
>>768119
I'm confused.

Does this weapon do 135 damage? Or does it do 135 +75% damage (for a total of 236.25)?
>>
>>768121
Hm. Did you play l4d or killing floor and like them?

>>768120
Yeah. Veteran just feels so amazing as a class. Great at using ranged weapons. Most interesting weapon selection. Very versatile allowing you to do a lot of things at once. Plus its best for living out that "imperial guard" archetype. I've got about 65 hours in my vet. My second character is Ogryn and yeah you're 100% right on that front. Your primary purpose as an Ogryn, especially at high levels, is a body guard for everyone else. You keep enemies off of them. Running without a shield is a huge mistake and you're just gimping them. It offers so much great protection. Like the shield special can block indefinitely monstrosity and assassination target attacks. One of the best ways to take down a demon host. Have it agro onto you and special block. You're also a rez machine. I run with max wounds and rez speed. Since I'm supposed to be the "rock" that breaks the waves and rez people. Extra wounds help in case I die since I'll be taking the brunt of the attacks. Ogryn are super common at lower levels, but get a lot more rare as you get higher in difficulty. And yeah psyker is my 3rd most played class and I agree with what you said. I've heard at that level you pretty much have to run lighting staff as your primary function
>>
>>768127
Yes, I played both KF and L4D. It was pretty fun.
>>
>>768143
Then you'll probably like this. It's fairly similar to those games. You're on a team with 3 other players. You each pick a class that has specific abilities and some weapons only they can use. There's a persistent progression mechanic of leveling up, unlocking "traits", more weapons, and better stat weapons. You can't craft weapons so that's where there is a bit of RNG right now of trying to get the perfect weapon/items. Eventually in like 2 weeks they'll allow you to reroll specific parts of an item for an ingame crafting mat I believe.

There's hordes that will spawn and rush you. There's ranged enemies who shoot guns at you. There are a variety of specials that revolving around specific challenges (like oh this guy us super armored. This one throws flame grenades. This one shoots a trap at you and pulls you. This one is like the jumper that jumps on your and you need an ally to get it off. Shit like that). It's got a good mix of ranged and melee combat. Like some classes favor one over the other (zealot and ogryn favor melee more while vet/psyker are more ranged focus). But you gotta be good at both melee combat and ranged. Melee is probably more challenging because its more about how to managing your position and the enemies positions through dodging/blocking/pushing weaving between attacks. Plus using a weapons special ability if it has a decent one.

Finally its all in the w40k universe and they do an excellent job at representing it. Supposedly at the higher graphical settings, there are some issues in performance and crashing. But if you turn down the graphics you should be good. Idk what most people are running. But I'm running medium with about 70 hours in. Mediocre build parts (everything in my computer probably costs like 800 USD right now). Only crashed 4 times. Get 40-50 FPS during super intense scenes and 50-60 during "relaxed" parts.
>>
File: darktideweapons.png (1.96 MB, 2074x1336)
1.96 MB
1.96 MB PNG
>>768125
Those percents represent what the weapon "rolled" when it was dropped. So that % is what % of bar that it makes up. If that percent reads 100%, that means its doing the maximum amount of damage a weapon of that type can do. The primary action is the actual damage it does. The modifier damage bar is not the same across weapons. So like 100% on a head hunter autogun is not the same damage number as a braced autogun or lasgun. See pic for comparisons.

It was even worse in beta lol. They didn't have those numbers OR the percentage numbers. So people were using rulers to figure out which one was higher...facepalmed so hard they thought it was a good idea.
>>
>>768147
Thanks for taking the time to write just detailed overview. I will look into getting it.
>>
File: 1200x0.jpg (174 KB, 1200x1782)
174 KB
174 KB JPG
This game is literal trash, and I can't believe anyone is playing it.

No scoreboard in a fucking COOPERATIVE SHOOTER. Are you kidding me? Not even plebbit likes this shit. Even the USSR had competitions for work qouta completion, publicly posted.

This type of shit will be in the history books in 100 years when we're all feudal serfs in the salt mines because our entire decadent society got so fucking soft that 10 guys with baseball bats took over the entire country.
>>
What is the best Accatran?
>>
>>768320
The Accatran you use to end your miserable existence in my Heresy Lobbies.

>>768122 Filtered. you clearly didn't play the beta or you are a beta. This is a game that at a delayed launch date has not launched with EXPLICITLY baseline promised features (Weapon selection, Crafting, interesting story (I didn't go into this in my original post because it wasn't in the forefront of my mind but seriously, you go through the trouble of choosing character backstories and they NEVER pop up in any way, you can't even tell what your own backstory is after hours of gameplay, let alone someone else's. And the "Cutscenes really are pathetic it's like Bethesda tier conversations without any development or impact), or private matchmaking(this is a default game function that mongoloids like you have cucked the rest of the gaming world out of by acting like the piss drinking faggot you are).

Additionally, and I didn't mention it earlier, but the fact that the missions are reusing areas, quite frequently, doesn't make the world feel connected. It feels like they couldn't be assed to make a decent selection of unique maps. Remember Left 4 Dead 2? Something like 4 or 5 campaigns with 5 unique maps on each one (heavy rain counts go fuck yourself).

FOAD for chaos like the shit sucker you are
>>
File: fsefsefes.png (708 KB, 1061x693)
708 KB
708 KB PNG
>>768318
a scoreboard isnt specifically required but we really are missing the "this is who did the most dmg/kills/specials/boss dmg" screen that the same engine had in Vermintide 2
I was always 50+ specials cause i played bounty hunter. It was a good sense of accomplishment each guy knew hed played his role well, one guy doing the most trash kills, one guy killed the boss, one sniped the specials
now the only postgame dopamine youre going to get is 4k dubloons
>>
>>768122
>65 weapons
Qui? I'll grant that braced autoguns are different from headhunter autoguns, hell I'll even grant that there's a few different types of lasguns (not counting the recon lasgun,) but 65? No fucking way.
>3 autoguns
>3 lasguns
>Stub revolver, autopistol, laspistol
>Recon lasgun
>Bolter
>Plasma gun
>Flamer
>4 staves
>4 ogryn weapons
Am I forgetting anything? Pretty sure that's every ranged weapon.
>Shovel
>Knife
>Sword
>Axe
>Other axe
>Dueling sword
>Chainsword
>Eviscerator
>Thunder Hammer
>Power sword
>Force Sword
>5 ogryn weapons
37 total

I'll admit, having done this, 37 was higher than I expected. But still barely over half what they promised.
>>
>>768854
Think you can get 70+ if you count the variants of the same weapon.
Almost everything has a light, medium and heavy version.
But I agree, counting the variants of the same weapon as totally different guns hardly counts
>>
I HATE THE DAEMONHOSTI HATE THE DAEMONHOSTI HATE THE DAEMONHOSTI HATE THE DAEMONHOSTI HATE THE DAEMONHOSTI HATE THE DAEMONHOSTI HATE THE DAEMONHOST
>>
>>768962
Yeah, he sucks. What are you even supposed to do? He is so fast to you can't outrun him, has a ridiculous health bar and pretty much only aggros to one person until that person is dead.
>>
>>768962
>>768970
Just use your riot shield?? Seems clear cut to me.
>>
>>768970
my biggest gripe isnt that the host is unkillable, but people go "oh its just a witch!" the witch would make a more identifiable noise, make even more noise if you got too close, didnt go quiet just cause a swarm is going on, didnt have visual identifiers that sometimes just, dont work
yeah bro, just a witch
even when you know where the host might be sometimes you just walk past him, alot of the times he doesnt even hover talk or have the glow absolutely no tells given from the director
>>
>>768962
>>768970
Two strats I've been able to identify

1. Dodger/blocker. Essentially once it agros onto someone, it doesn't appear to change to someone else. I think its the first person that hits it. That person needs to be a god at dodging. No attacking. All your stam needs to go into dodging it attacks or blocking them. You cannot out run it.

2. Ogryn chad mode - Play ogryn, get shield, special shield block in a corner with its agro. Block it indefinitely while everyone else kills it

3. Sacrificial mode. Someone gonna die. Keep attacking and trying to kill it as fast as you can. Save your cooldowns for when it downs someone and start sucking out their soul. Once it starts that it is pretty much standing still. Lay waste into it.

Good thing is it only kills 2 people before leaving. I've been able to banish 3 demonhosts in one game when it first released using option #3. You need a lot of damage for #3. Most of my other encounters I've failed except when I'm playing my ogryn and I do #2.

But yeah like most things in this game, risk/difficulty vs reward is so far off. They should give you bonus materials for demonhosts killed at the end or increased chance at emperor's gift.
>>
>>768854
https://darktide.gameslantern.com/weapons

65 when you include different variants of things like lasguns, autoguns, etc. Which to be fair is kind of reasonable since they have different uses. Now are all of these balanced and everybody isn't just using the same 10 weapons? Nope. That rarely happens in these games. Metas get established and everyone uses them.
>>
File: 1565501874385.jpg (40 KB, 480x480)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>768962
>>768970
You tell teammates to NOT engage him. NOT pinging him is a better idea, because then there is a big chance that your brainedead teammates won't even notice him. If you ping him they will always attack him, it's almost as if you were ordering your bots to attack. In 80% cases however retards will attack him anyway. In such situation you make a mental note that 2 shitters are dead and in need of picking up, because you don't aid them during the fight. Especially not the first retard who triggered Daemonhost, because as the only competent player in the team you will do most damage to the boss, which will result in him aggroing you next. Your death means WIPE, because your shitter teammates apparently never played a video game and won't be able to get to you to rescue you. This is why you always have to make sure you are alive, even at the cost of other players.
And they need to fucking learn to not attack fucking Witch, Jesus Christ.
>>
>>768983
>>769104
Yeah, the Witch analogy is all wrong.

The witch was easy enough to avoid most of the time, could be killed in less than a second if you had a shotgun and knew what you were doing, and would probably only down one player. The only way she could kill you would be if you had no teammates to help you.

The demonhost is the strongest mini boss in the game by a mile. It is just a giant middle finger from the AI director.
>>
>>769217
I have yet to see an instance where you can't easily avoid the host
player's stupidlity not count
>>
File: 1621921287577.png (304 KB, 562x562)
304 KB
304 KB PNG
>>768962
>>768970

>Designate first tank
>tank stands in corner
>tank aggros daemonhost
>someone puts health kit down in the corner
>tank dodges blocks best they can, everyone else CC and dps race it down

If your group isn't shit you should be able to kill it before anyone dies (just make sure if first tank goes down your second aggro target doesnt act like a tard and run away, sit in the corner on the health!). headshots for more damage. Ogryns obviously make the best tanks (shield ogryn can just plant with his back to a corner and be literally fine all day), but this is the strat.

Simple as.
>>
>>769238
and then what? you got jack shit for all that troubles
lol
lmao even
>>
>>769244
Then what nothing, sometimes you can't sneak around them, when you can't you do above strat and it's nbd.
>>
File: 1663355394440.png (1.46 MB, 1752x1313)
1.46 MB
1.46 MB PNG
>>753355
>>752206
Female guardsmen have been always been a thing because the Guard is derived from Mobile Infantry in the movie which had come out 10 years prior.
Female SM are bullshit and don't need to be a thing.
Female Guard have always existed.
You're a lorelet. Shut up.
>>
>>755855
>Neither, drugs are Slaneshi warship.
1) Who are you quoting
2) Worship
3) Wrong, a broad range of narcotics are legal in the IoM or indeed administered/made available to guardsmen
>>
>>755855
if drugs are slaanesh the Eversor have a lot to answer for in your headcanon
>>
>>751222
zealot
Eviscerator w. rend and Bolt gun , feat. bleed and 75% toughness reduction on critical.
The challenge is to increase criticals through gear and manage toughness in-game.
>>
>>769341
trolling softly
>>
>>768962
ugh I lost a high intensity mission because someone woke the Daemonhost we, were doing so well up until then too.
>>
>>769687
I finally bit the bullet on my vet and started using bolt and plasma rifle. Those things do so much fucking damage lol. Go the anti monstrosity feat and oh boy is it somethin. 2600 damage in a single plasma gun hit. One hit crushers on damnation. Bolt gun does it in 11 hits with focused fire.
>>
>>769687
>Daemonhost
How do they work? Are they like witches in L4D? Two guys get dumpstered before the bastard fucks off?
>>
>>752212
Siege-tide more like, absolutely based and devs are our guys.
>>
>>770124
theyre not idenical to witches. the reason they're associated with witches is that a lot of the time (not always) they are put in a spot that can be avoided as long as everybody knows not to agro. with witches you could solo them with the right weapon and understanding their movement. the daemonhost might be cheesable, but the bar for success on dealing with them is much higher.
>>
>>770262
I haven't seen them not aggroed so far, do they just sit in a corner? Do you get a reward for killing them?
>>
>>770532
While I'm at it, is there a list of the weapon types you can unlock somewhere? Can every class carry any weapon? The game hides all this shit behind their progression menus. I'm particularly interested in a hotshot lasgun since some of the enemies get one.
>>
>>770532
The DH have 3 stages for what I've seen.
One is on the ground in the fetal position sucking it's thumb.
Usually not a problem beside it being too near a horde and a stray shot hits it.
Then it has a glowing floating one, but not active.
Here is when people usually shoot it. It is floating and glowing so accidents will happen
Active is the cunt attacking and being annoying.
Also it seems there is no bonus for killing it beside making the mission harder and less fun.
>>
>>770570
BTW is there any other types of force sword besides mk2? Leveled my psyker to lv19 and still haven't seen any alternatives. If there are, how are they different from mk2?
>>
>>770532
>Do you get a reward for killing them?
you get an achievement but that's it
>>
>>770697
They couldn't cough up a little gold or resources upon death? Fucking gay.
>>
How do I sell my old shit? I can sell it, right?
>>
>>771034
Select an item, then hold X. You do this in the operative load out menu. Not when you talk to a vendor.
>>
>>751222
How do I do 'abhor the mutant'? I'm retarded
>>
File: FB_IMG_1661594298794.jpg (34 KB, 500x510)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>751255
Thank fuck I run with two other people and we tend to kick faggots like (you) right before we get the XP and loot. Get fucked.
>>
>>770600
I haven't seen one.
But then again I've only seen one power sword since I bought the game at the end of November thinking it was released.
Got one power sword and haven't seen one again since then.
Oh and for some reason the Emperor's gift loves to give me all the autogun variants and when it gives a Lasgun it is an orange one with worst stats than my shit white XII
>>
malice is cancer with randoms.
They always attack the daemonhost, even when i tag it, especially if I tag it
There's always a lvl 5 asshole who barely knows the game
There's always that one dude who uses the medic station even though he only lost like 4 points of health
Nobody knows how to use the block and dodge button
Most of the team has wasted their ammo after the first horde
I got accused of kill stealing for using brain burst to kill all 4 maulers
>>
>>771527
>uses the medic station after losing 4 health
You often are not coming back to it so may as well. Only time I regretted this was hearing boss music 2 seconds later
>>
>>771530
often though there's not enough charges for all players unless its right before a boss room

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.