[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 59 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

File: hunt.jpg (89 KB, 616x353)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
Play, discuss, post clips, et cetera
>>
File: 1415430129184.gif (1.49 MB, 300x300)
1.49 MB
1.49 MB GIF
>>707110
>RATE THE EVENT
Fucking stupid. Hunt doesn't benefit from a battle pass, it just becomes a miserable grind that's going to cause a nosedive in players because they're going to be stupidly burnt out - this literally happened with all the other events too, but this one is twice as bad because of the length. I'm nearly done with the fucking thing and I never want to touch Hunt for at least another month. I did appreciate that you could at least buy the BP with Blood Bonds, because it was a massively retarded move on their monetization team's part, most people have 1500 BB saved up at any given time, and with dedicated (not CHRONIC) play it's not impossible to get that much in about 3-4 week's time.

Also
>nonbinary Persian
>>
>>707119
I started like halfway into it and I had no problems finishing pretty early desu. Didn't even grind that hard, just played in a trio
>>
why not move to /vg/?
>>
>>707124
I play solo, which I realize is self inflicted torture, but it's what I'm used to at this point. Plus, it's more fun killing shitters who don't know what they're doing - the alternative is having one of my dumbshit friends with me but the skill level is higher.
>>
>>707127
No particular reason desu
Maybe we'd get more people there? Maybe not, no way to tell. Perhaps we should try next thread or something
>>
>>707127
/vg/ is way too fast. The previous hunt thread is 24 days old. The oldest thread on /vg/ at the bottom of page 10 with over 700 posts, was the old monster hunter general that was 1 day and 3 hours old.

The hunt general would just get buried and 404 with less than 100 posts over and over.
>>
>>707133
Last I remember/vg/ stuff doesn't 404 until it reaches the bump limit, threads last an insanely long time since the last time they changed it
>>
Going back to this game after a few months away actually makes me appreciate some of the corny BRshit mechanics like closing rings sometimes. Of course I wouldn't want shit like that in this game but I forgot how often the game just devolves into a stalemate where no one wants to push. I think part of it is my elo and the fact that 6 star is full of sniperfags farming k/d but it's also because the game has nothing driving the post-banish phase apart from the match timer, which they thankfully lowered but still allows for far too much stalling. Hopefully that new anti-camping measure will help alleviate it somewhat but I feel like it's just going to be something similar to DSB which basically just allows for detection and not any actual action. Here are some of my shitty ideas
>limit concertina items to one per person so you can't just 100% lock down a compound
>banishing a boss will now start a defensive phase where the team that killed it has to defend the compound for something like 5 minutes before the automatically extract, kinda like quickplay
>alternatively, the bounty has 5 minutes to leave to compound otherwise they lose the bounty which is automatically teleported to a neighbouring compound
>scoped weapons now have bullet drop and steady aim/hand perks work inversely, the current sniper gameplay is to just scope in on someone and wait for them to stop moving for half a second so you can click their head
I didn't really care about it before because I would always just push people even if it was unfavourable but close quarters fights are now basically a 50/50 on whether you kill trade or not which is just completely unsatisfying. I don't mind if someone kills me fair and square, but shotgunning someone in the face, seeing their body fly through the air in the death animation, and then dying from their phantom bullet a fraction of a second later has got to be the most annoying thing about this game.
>>
>>707138
yea the kill trading is the worst part of the game desu
>>
>Lebel Aperture (default)
>Specter Compact (slug)
>Quad Derringer
Holy FUCK what a filthy loadout
The aperture sight lets me counter snipers and make precision shots with reasonable efficiency, I can turn it off for close quarters fights, and for pushes in buildings and around corners I have the Specter for one shot capability.
The derringer is a perfect backup headpopper. Very expensive but equally fun, I thought the derringer was shit but it saved my life like twice last game
>>707138
Kill trading and Concertina are both , in my opinion, the most agonizing parts of the game
Luckily me and my friends are stuck bouncing between 3 and 5 star MMR (never 4 for some reason) and we're all terminally hyperagressive push monsters so we always have fun
>>
>hunt showdown in 2022
>>
Discord link?
>>
>>707138
There just needs to be something that pressures people into fucking MOVING. I think the boss building should catch fire after like 5 minutes to force people out, that way people at least have plenty of fucking time to play window peaks.

Another thing I think this game would benefit from is more emphasis on throwables, because having to make the call between instant healing, which is a staple, and grenades is fucking rough. If there was a tool that gave, like, two instant heals on-par with a weak vitality shot that could NOT be resupplied, I feel like more people would bring more tools to force people out of big buildings.
>>
>>707222
>forcing boss-doers to move
long-ammo never push hands typed this post.
>>
The solution to camping is simple.
>Hellhound kennel
>Goes in Grenade slot
>Level 50 unlock
>Upon deployment it will target the least mobile player in a 500m radius
>Has metal armor so they can't be one shot domed
>Immune to bleed and fire
>>
>>707239
>t. shotgun player with concertina + poison trip mines on every door
>>
>>707253
Bring dynamite instead of frags
>>
>>707257
I agree with the sentiment, however if you don't have any or you miss, guess what? You're going to have to retreat out of darksight range then chase otherwise pushing is suicide. The mentality of defensive players is fucking mindbogglingly cowardly.
>solo with a dogshit loadout (scotfield precision + AXE)
>boss at the elevator building at fort
>a duo is in there
>concertina bomb on every entrance other than ladders
>guy inside talking mad shit
>say fuck that and leave
>try to intercept
>they both have avtomats and I get blown away
Every time I play solo and roll up on a bounty with 'defensive' duos they play like absolute pussies even when they KNOW I'm a solo and never peak.
>>
>>707260
I've gotten to the point where I just leave if I see any concertina in a compound, it's not worth the time spent clearing it only to catch your toe on some piece that you missed and getting shotgunned in the face.
>>
>>707298
I dunno about ANY concertina. Like what, you just don't push Scrapbeak? I will say that the change that you have to cut concertina instead of just any melee was a fucking mistake, it's not like it makes any difference when you step in a tripwire.
>>
anyone have an invite link for the discord?
>>
>>707175
>>707380
https://discord.gg/uv8MaJG2
>>
>>707051
>>706944

https://twitter.com/HuntShowdown/status/1572994387617148929

Called it. It’s player controlled drone
>>
>>707414
thanks anon
>>
>>707486
Finally years of training in r6s not wasted
>>
>>707134
The slower /vg/ threads constantly have to be bumped. you need a post like every 5 hours
>>
File: meth energy drink.jpg (24 KB, 640x250)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>707525
disregard that, I suck cocks. its 2 hours and 45 minutes
>>
File: 1663801837003607.jpg (449 KB, 1920x1080)
449 KB
449 KB JPG
>>707110
in soviet russia bug chases faggot
>>
Here's the video I promised last thread
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct4b8c6jGjU

>>707559
I'm not sure what this will possibly help or how you could make it help. A simple camera seems pretty useless. Dart someone with poison and bleed in the hopes that they switch to their pistol to shoot it? Dart them and give them a dark sight wall hack debuff on them, but have it exist in normal sight so you can see where they are for 15s? I just imagine people switching off romero and going semi-auto slugs and then shooting the bug and then just continuing not caring. Maybe shooting the bug also releases homing bees? Super homing bees? If I hear you using dark sight to check the bug, im just gonna find it and shoot it. Maybe the bug itself has darksight and it can see through walls and it seeing a player through a wall allows you to see them in normal sight with the dark sight glow and then you wallbang them?
>>
>>707574
dude shut the fuck up
>>
>>707380
>>707414
>join just to spam your youtube videos
great
>>
I really don't get why the Mosin needs to be in this game
Not the avtomat, all the mosin
>>
>>707622
AGREED! they need to get rid of it and add another shotgun!
>>
>>707623
I'd rather have a gatling gun, small ammo singleshot rifle, and a shotgun lance
>>
i want a mini nitro
something cheap with medium ammo that has two shots but can shoot both quickly
>>
>>707660
literally the rival with slugs
>>
File: 1426022649184.jpg (64 KB, 566x566)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
man low level (3* matchmaking, I'm 4 1/2*) solo games are insane
>sniperfag with lebel marksman
>assuming boss compound is in Lockbay and decide to snipe from Blanchett bell tower
>find the clue at Blanchett red and somebody already took my idea
>fuck off and blow the red barrel up there, killing him
>reposition and dome them after getting revived
>repeat the above
>stay put and dome them one more time after having NEVER left that spot
>apparently it wasn't the same guy every time, it was two guys taking turns just sitting there with a centennial sniper and reviving each other
or when they just straight up abandon their teammate even though the have bounties. That shit is so funny.
>>
>>707671
When God made em he forgot to put the quit in
>>
>>707590
Why are you so mad about game discussion?

>>707612
Why are you so mad about "not game discussion"?

Make up your mind.
Contribute something so there's something to talk about instead of just complaining 24/7 in a nihilistic attempt at being cool.

>>707622
Throwing knives need an accuracy buff.
They need a melee speed up chase mechanic.
And a no footsteps/reduced footsteps perk for melee out users.

If they are going to do the lore magic stuff like the bee, being able to summon NPCs with throwables would be nice.
Or noise grenades that summoned all npcs within a compound to walk over.
Maybe 1 swat bee rounds you could fire around corners to corner check for you before you breached.
Honestly I think they should seperate tools into another slot so you had tools, tools 2, and explosive grenades.
That way you didn't have to sacrifice constantly where campers always have the advantage. They already have 1shot shotgun trade advantage.
If people could take shots and other tools plus have 4 grenades, they could push campers with tons of utilities.
The problem would then be if anything money economy for most people who can't afford a 1k loadout every game since they all mostly lose every game since avg ktd is like 0.6-1.1. Just buff money and then every game should be a lot more dynamic intense and less time consuming.
You could also add new guaranteed spawns of tnt explosive crates around boss lairs that only roll for sticky nades to force the push.
Adding more building entrances is always good, but extremely resource intensive for the dev team vs place box.
Add leaning maybe?
I can't think of anything else off the top of my head.
>>
File: sp9hsnv47ug81.jpg (34 KB, 640x448)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
A double handed scythe with a huge arc that can remove most/all barbed wire in a single shot and 1 hit kill.
Make bomb lance explosion bigger so it's meant to clear the entire wire without risking the melee peek like scythe would.
>>
>>707704
>The problem would then be if anything money economy for most people who can't afford a 1k loadout every game since they all mostly lose every game since avg ktd is like 0.6-1.1. Just buff money and then every game should be a lot more dynamic intense and less time consuming.

I feel like this would just solidify the current problems harder.
>every shotgunner is now crown and king
>every camp and wait is a lebel / mosin

I think you're right a TNT box would be nice, throw a couple more consumables around. pickupable TNT small sticks, boss-house gets big bundles. Maybe tone down the doors / windows health so you can pop em with a couple shots and frag blasts so you're opening holes in there.
>>
>>707707
Yeah it's hard to not gimp the babies into oblivion without also godhanding 5.5 and 6s. The money is really hooked into that.
It's probably better to manipulate the environment, items, and slots.
>>
>>707708
Quickplay seems to answer this really well with gratuitous item spam.
>>
>>707709
Quickplay gives incentives for pushing. And a giant detriment for not doing so
And is also solo only.
And has no match making.
>>
>>707704
you're so autistic I think I'm gonna actually join the discord so I can put a name to your faggot ass
>>
>>707722
>And a giant detriment for not doing so
So maybe an overall timer reduction for the match on banishment to force the push? And a drain on the worth of the bounty the longer it's not extracted?
>>
The problem of making the compound really weak is that nobody will ever bother with the boss. Why banish the boss and stay in the compound if everyone else will either be a mosin sniper waiting for you to leave or someone up close with a big supply of dynamite sticks?
Better to banish hte boss then leave the compound and shoot anyone trying to go inside
>>
>>707757
>>707759
What about a reward mechanic where if you hold a bounty or maybe kill a bounty holder, you get a 25% boost in gained money at the end of the match? Get 4 kills and your hunter gets saved using that lvl 20 mechanic? That way people pushing the bounty and using the bounty get rewarded even more and people sniping without bounty are always at full risk of item loss and dont get any bonus money rewards.
>>
>>707757
I like the idea some other anon mentioned previously
>two different post banishment phases
>one where the team that killed the boss has to lock down the compound for a certain length of time before they automatically extract like in quickplay
>one where the bounty team must extract (or atleast move a set distance away) within a certain amount of time or the bounty resets to neutral (on the ground) in an adjacent compound
This way the matches at least play out differently without catering to either the camping inside the boss lair or camping outside of the boss compound and forces action. That's my main concern, the game NEEDS to force action post-banish, it already has a soft objective of finding and killing the boss monster during which phase I think the game is most fun and varied, but a lot of the time it grinds down to a halt once the boss is dead and it just turns into a slog of "hold angles until someone eventually gets headshot".

I know the game is supposed to be a sandbox, but I think there need to be more restrictions on playstyles that actively stall the game like concertina nuking entire compounds or 200m sniper turtling. I've just gotten to the point where if I encounter players like this I just turn around and extract, it's not worth the time waste, which is in essence a win for those playstyles simply by virtue of being annoying to deal with.
>>
>>707760
Sniperniggers are completely irrational. They will sit in a bush for 10 minutes, holding an angle they will never get a kill with. They dont care about money, they dont care about the bounty, they only want to get that 200m headshot. If they get pushed, they run, if they get hit, they run, if their teammate dies, they extract.
Maybe they can add some kind of fog effect. The boss gets autobanished if left alone for 5 minutes, after the banish is complete the compound is surrounded by smoke (thin enough for close range, but too thick for long range) and the compound is filled with fire to push out the team inside. That way you can force people out without people being able to wait out a team and shoot them as soon as the door opens.
They could also buff the dark sight boost a bit, considering it isnt perfect and you have to put away your weapon to use it, having more than 5 seconds would be nice. Especially since everyone else can track you across the map
>>
>>707763
>Especially since everyone else can track you across the map
What a lot of people don't realize is that you can look at your map and see the EXACT location of bounty carriers with the little lightning bolts. Of course this doesn't account for verticality like DSB and requires a bit of skill to track players precisely, but once you get used to it it's actually stronger than DSB which is just dumb. They really need to make the bounty carries location more vague,
>>
>>707766
The lightning isnt actually pinpoint accurate. That said I rather have the lightning than the darksight in extended fights/chases.
>>
>2 more levels to go on the event
>3 days left
>almost 0 will to play
>>
>>707762
I do like that idea too. Maybe some sort of dead by daylight left 4 dead generator mechanic to extract or hidden extracts only visible by bounty carriers.

>>707763
I remember Rust toying around with the idea of a beach zone that forced people to moves up overtime deeper into the map or theyd choke out. Maybe something like that with the fog existing around bounty. A regening unhealable fire/type rot that forces people to push into it or they wont be able to heal it like burnt out health bars but it isnt perm but is blocked until it wears off and regens back.

>>707766
>>707768
Dont forget DSB also makes noise and gives your position better than dark sight.
>>
>>707768
They should make it so every hit you make with the darksight gives you a second back and looting and killing both give you 5 seconds back
>>
>>707770
>>I remember Rust toying around with the idea of a beach zone that forced people to moves up overtime deeper into the map or theyd choke out. Maybe something like that with the fog existing around bounty. A regening unhealable fire/type rot that forces people to push into it or they wont be able to heal it like burnt out health bars but it isnt perm but is blocked until it wears off and regens back.
im not sure if i want a deadzone system like battle royales have. The problem is just that both sides complain camping while keeping eachother in a headlock
>shotgunfags in compound
AHH WHY DOES NOBODY PUSH INTO MY SHOTGUN, MOSINSNIGGERS WILL SHOOT ME IF I GO OUTSIDE
>mosin sniper caines
AHH WHY DOES THE BOUNTY NOT JUST RUN OUTSIDE INTO THE OPEN SO I CAN HEADSHOT THEM AND THEN CAMP THE BODY FOR 30 MINUTES
>>
>>707768
I'm not talking about the huge lightning flashes you see when in dark sight, I'm talking about those tiny lightning bolts on the map screen. They are literally PINPOINT accurate to their co-ordinates on the map. Again, it can be hard to track someone with, but once you get used it's incredibly powerful.
>>
>>707777
Yes, I was talking about those. They actually move around a little (if you kill a bounty carrier you will see the lightning strike a different place every time you see it). Its only a 10m radius or something.
>>
>>707772
Yeah it's a real paradox, campers blaming the other campers for their camping. Pushing into a heavily trapped compound with a shotgun around every corner is a losing play so the only smart move is to sit around and do nothing. Fighting in the open leaves you prey to snipers looking to farm is, so the smart move is to stay inside and do nothing.

Make a new toolbox that only gives throwable and litter them around so people can chuck shit inside compounds more liberally, and add some tools to fuck with sniperniggers too. Idk give us a big jar of dust with a blasting cap that makes a fuck huge dust cloud similar to fog, would cuck scope users sitting afar but not be a hinderance inside compound distance. Maybe holding scope ads in day time causes a twinkle that reveals your location (lol)
>>
>>707704
>hm/ is all one person
come on man, no one wants to see your shitty montage videos
>>
>>707783
I wonder if having shots separate out so you could have regen shots or adding them to the map findable would help with the sniper/camping situation if people had more health regens to be more aggressive. Most people in quickplay seem to be multi-shotted in fights and play incredibly more aggressively.
>>
>Max out the Weapon Book
>Almost max out the Monstrorum
>See I need 35 more Meathead kill
>Go in with just a bomb lance and some dynamite sticks
>Kill 15 of them
>Go check Monstrorum
>Still 35 to go
>Melee kill 35 meatheads
Fucking gay
Also that means I already stabbed 15 meatheads
>>
Twitch drops start on October 12th
>>
>>707783
I was slightly surprised to find out that sniper scopes twinkling wasn't in the game when I started, I dunno why I assumed there would be. Maybe just residual Battlefield knowledge
>>
>>707666
that is not cheap and also sucks past 20 meters
>>
>>707916
Crytek expected money to be a bigger issue than it is now. Part of that is adding in gun looting and free hunters, part of that is bigger money rewards, part of it is players being less shit at the game than they think. So with that in mind crytek probably expected that people would run around with a winfield and springfield with the odd sparks sniper sprinkled inbetween. Not a bunch of mosin sniper faggots with sniper scopesmith that can quickly perform follow up shots with a high caliber gun
>>
What settings affect FPS the most while still maintaining good graphics?
>>
Add flour bombs, just a huge cloud, plenty of gameplay elements as you could ignite it into a hellfire bomb effect when ignited to clear it out, make it opaque past 40 meters to cuck snipers.

Adds utility to fire ammo and helps create a way to deal with snipers
>>
>>707989
the fact they havent included smokebombs upontill this point makes me think thats deliberate
>>
>>707927
well if you ever watch the devs play, they are 2 star shitters that stand out in the middle of the street during gun fights and shoot at people not moving. They miss and then continue standing in the street as they reload.
>>
>>707960
Lighting and shadows, put them on low.
Almost 0 visual difference.
>>
File: 1625517509606.gif (957 KB, 112x112)
957 KB
957 KB GIF
>>707783
I'm going to be a faggot and say that I blame sniperfags the TEENIEST bit less than defensive shotgun campers. When I play a solo sniperfag I make a conscious effort to move, stay stealthy, and actually have to think about my positioning. But with shotguns, it's just kill boss, camp building, and wait for a push that might not ever even happen. I still try to peak windows and shit but most shotgun boss-room campers I run across don't even do that, at least in low-tier solo lobbies. Feel free to crucify me for that one
>>
>>707783
There is no problem with camping. Unlike >>708081 I will blame sniper faggots more than shotgun campers. The shotgun guys take a risk killing boss and as a result they hold the upper hand that they sit on the game objective in a good defensive position. Of course there is a time limit on that and after 20-30 minutes they HAVE to move out if they want to win and keep their hunter.

Sniper faggots are complaining because they don't want to wait those 20-30 minutes. They want to take zero risk killing boss but they also don't want the team that does should have any upper hand. It's just massive ADD faggotry but the original flow of the game went.
>even field
>boss/bounty team has defensive advantage
>advantage then becomes even again when they go for extract

The alleged camping issue doesn't exist. It's just sweaty poopsocks that don't like the slow pace of the game as it was intended.
>>
>>708100
Afking for 25 minutes isn't playing Hunt Showdown. That's playing vampire survivors while hunt showdown is open
>>
>>708100
Yeah you kno I've got a friend who is very casual towards hunt in that he only plays the game with friends, if I and our other mutual friends did not play he would not either, but he told me he doesn't see it as there is a camping problem, his head cannon of hunt is a slower experience where matches are meant to take 30-40 minutes while you cat and mouse the objective even if that means there are long periods of waiting for the other guys to make a mistake, in whatever form that takes.

He's been on both sides of that now, we've played the shotgun-trap team (although I am usually crack peeking and outward wallbanging at people to advance the game state, he considers that normal) and we've played the sniper trio spread out 150m apart triangulating on a team/extraction point, coordinating to lead people pushing us into the other's line of sight, etc. That's just the hunt: showdown experience to him and he says for the most part he likes it, he just wouldn't want the anxiety of playing solo.
>>
>>708123
I play with a good few of my friends, but the one I play with he most has the mindset that if someone dies without someone on our team dealing the killing blow, we weren't being aggressive enough. Naturally playing with him is always the most fun
>>
I've been having fun setting people on fire with dragon's breath meme loadouts, but given how uncommon this shitpost is, I've never actually been hit by it, and information on its mechanics is hard to find.
How quickly does the ignition actually chew health? I'm assuming it's pretty slow.
Does the initial hit ever burn off a 25 HP bar outright?
Does the Alamo have longer effective range than something like a Spectre?
>>
>>708122
Then don't afk. I don't understand what the issue is? If you don't want to play slow then push the action. If you don't want to push the action the wait.
>>
File: newmeta.png (1.23 MB, 1641x1020)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB PNG
>>708100
there is another way
>>
>>708207
>pennyshart on a handcanon
it's like you want to do 3 damage
>>
Is there even any point to playing the bounty as a solo hunter? If so, how? When I play solo I don't even bother trying to kill and claim the bounty, I just farm NPC enemies and try to ambush teams in and around the bounty compound, then extract when ammo or health are low
>>
>>708207
Replace penny with slugs and bring a knife for god's sake
>>
>>708312
I think his point is that it's for killing bosses. Slugs would be really bad for that.
>>
>>708320
Oh, I see
I just pray I find a melee weapon, but throwing axes usually get the job done well enough
I adore talon variants and the Romero Talon is probably my most used gun, so I'm relegated to boss duty often on my teams
>>
>found boss lair
>decide to take care of players figthing in the next compound over
>go there
>wipe two teams
>looting the bodies
>buddy gets blasted by some shotgun faggot that hasn't made a sound
>there's a whole team inside of the building who haven't fired a single shot during the entire 15 minute fight
>after walking around the compound and getting shot at through pixel peeks we decide to just go and kill the boss to flush them out
>kill banish
>wait for 3 minutes
>still nothing
>go back to buddy's corpse
>they're still just sat there watching his body
>literally tell them we're going to extract
>they don't chase and we get out
This game, or rather the playerbase have turned into a complete faggot fest. Shit like happens every other encounter because everyone is more concerned about their k/d and mmr than having fun.
>>
>>708325
Wait til the drone comes out and the playerbase uses it to make camping in buildings and on bodies easier
>>
>>708308
If you're early on the bounty and got a spike you can kill and banish, but quickly get out and find a position overlooking the compound. Then you get to watch teams approach thinking you're inside and easily pick them off.
>>
https://youtu.be/5BPMtA8aV1w

I see why people complain about skins now. I dismissed it as weird lighting. If that dude wasn't AFK, I would have been banged quicker than this.
>>
>>708401
holy fuck turn up your brightness or gamma you psycho
>>
>need to make 5 levels today for snek hunter
Wish me luck
>>
>>708531
U ain't gonna make it boy u done 4
>>
>>708531
bite the bullet and just buy a 24 hour pass so you can relax and enjoy the fast gains
>>
Post loadouts.
I want to try something new.
>>
>>708531
Did you buy the gilded path yet? It gives 1500 points.

Did anyone actually have any problem maxing this event?
I maxed it a week ago and I pretty much only played until 1 win a day, not even every day.
>>
File: 1611736790269.png (745 KB, 600x600)
745 KB
745 KB PNG
>>708563
romero talon
sparks pistol
derringer
>>
>>708563
winchester incendiary, Lemat incindiery, slug shell.
stam, vit, two concertinas.

Throw the concertinas and rush em. burn em as they bleed
>>
>>708308
I only play solo and i ignore the bounty unless im near it and feel like i have an opportunity to win by picking them off. Otherwise i just hunt players and fuck off once im low or dead
>>
>>708563
Pax primary
Pax secondary
Fanning. Clint Eastwood build. although conversions usually work better because it's more accurate and faster. FMJ and Dumdum are both solid choices too.
>>
>>708361
>Drone wallhacks through wall
>Face all three drives at every wall
>Point all shotguns at 4th blind wall
Nothing personell kiddos
>>
which one of you faggots keeps shilling in the /v/ tarkov general?
stop it. right now.
>>
So I just finished the event and I noticed I'm in the top 10% with about 2000 points margin. So less than 10% of players will finish the event? Are they counting players who own the game or people who have played at some point during it.
>>
>>708563
Martini + Explosive
Nagant Officer + Poison

Only take on stack of explosive, it's for blowing up concertina and doors mostly
>>
>>708781
they count anyone who gained even a single point
>>
File: 6gwCHk9.png (245 KB, 616x797)
245 KB
245 KB PNG
>>708563
>>
>>708665
I shall now go spam their general telling them that tarkov sucks
Thanks for the tip anon
>>
>>708665
i tried tarkov but its too autistic for me
>>
File: 20220924193446_1.jpg (278 KB, 1920x1080)
278 KB
278 KB JPG
>>708563
>link related me in the distance
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCvLiDkjQTc&ab_channel=Gbrooks0513
>>
>>708839
Bro, your bulletgrubber.....?
>>
File: 9fc_(1).png (451 KB, 600x664)
451 KB
451 KB PNG
>>708858
>Loses a single boolet
AAAAAAA NOOOOO
>>
>>708839
You should be beaten with a shovel until death.
>>
>all those hoonter slots
I'm sitting on 5 + 2 vipers I got. how do you people end up with so many
>>
>>708923
i've gotten a fuckton free from mr chary
>>
>>708927
I’ve only ever got one from Mr Chary, the stingy bastard.
>>
>>708927
>>708929
cunt keeps giving me loadout slots and guns with skins on em. I just sell them so it's nice.
>>
>>708839
They need to do something about this loadout. The drawback of the Automat was always low ammo, but with this every noob can run around and get cheap kills every game.

If they can't lower the ammo stack then introduce some mechanic that makes the Automat overheat or something.
>>
>>708979
Nigger at the ranges you get mobbed by an avtomat every fucking shotgun oneshots.
And at long ranges I would rather use an oberez.
>>
>>708979
>overheat
>when it dumps all its rounds in like 1 second
>>
>>708979
they're gonna make it special ammo.
>>
>>708979
I'm trans btw
>>
>>708308
take the early game slow that way someone else kills the bounty by the time you're at the compound theres probably already two teams in there sneak in use the chaos to your advantage and nab one of the bounties off of one of them before slipping out
>>
>>708979
I keep telling mf the answer to a lot of problems this game has is nerf long ammo. Nerf the amount of ammo long ammo guns come in with, then nerf the resupply rate, then maybe also nerf the damage calc so they deal less damage up close. If someone shoots you point blank with mosin it should do compact ammo damage, because clean pass-through or whatever shit you want to handwave it as.
>>
>>709014
>compact level damage
You do know almost all guns 2 shot someone at close range?
>>
>>709016
guess what ammo type nearly kills you in two lower chest & upper chest at that range? even a one tap from that ammo type leaves you to die easily from ANYTHING.
>>
>>709018
>all ammo types two shot at close range
>but big ammo two shoots me harder
Are you gonna cry about the nitro next?
>>
>>708882
>guns only hold a single boolet
>betas cant chocula
>>
>>709021
>take half a step backwards now 3 shot vs guaranteed 2 shot
>betas cant roll
>>
>>709029
>shoots you with a medium ammo gun
>>
>>709021
it's either they nerf long ammo or teh game dies. the only reason it's kept a steady player base so far is events and sales. other than that, it's just a game where snipers and long ammo weapons dominate.
>>
>>709032
>in the arm because the bullet is so slow i had time to 360 degree turn
>>
>>709033
>concertina shogun campers suffer cucktech
>please force them to walk into our traps
>>
>>709034
>Veterli is faster than the Winny
If you can dance from a medium you can do interpretative dance against small
>>
>>709018
Long ammo is the reason people go extract after losing a bar. If you're at 125 every long ammo gun drops you on a bodyshot
>>
>>709057
this.
Nobody has to be better at aiming.
They just have to flick you and they win or trade.
>>
File: FdBf-RbXwAYAglT.jpg (1.26 MB, 1920x1080)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB JPG
>>707110
you vill buy ze battlepass
>>
>>709177
I did it with funny bucks I got from just playing the game.
>>
File: 1422424576359.gif (2.76 MB, 304x332)
2.76 MB
2.76 MB GIF
>>708979
I think it's absolutely hysterical that people figured this out pretty early in the event and immediately higher tiers were full of it, and I knew that they wouldn't do SHIT about it until the end of the event just like with the bow in Light the Shadow. Can't nerf the stuff added in events!
>>
>>709224
If you cut down the Sparks Pistol's ammo count it would still be an excellent sidearm, particularly for shotguns
>>
>>709337
>Uppercut is 6+9 = 15
>Sparks Pistol is 1+14 = 15
>Dual Uppercut is 12+18 = 30
>Dual Sparks Pistol is 2+28 = 30
>Cucktech plz nerf
You know if people gave enough of a shit about avtomat they would just bee line an ammo cart, dump their uppercuts and just pick up the same amount of ammo
>>
>>709340
>28 vs 18
its the reserve ammo that matters, not total. no?
>>
>>709342
If your gun is empty it increases your reserve pool to account for the empty gun.
>>
File: 1534756324561.jpg (74 KB, 720x948)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
>>707671
>centennial sniper
>>
1v3s feel so good
I'm only mildly livid I can't sell these dolches I find, even if it was at a huge discount like 50% cost
>>
>>707110
Can someone explain to me why Hunt's rating system is so fucking weird? I've had Hunt for almost a year, and even with a KDA of 1.89 I've only ever been 4 stars at the most. Meanwhile, I've seen people with KDAs as low as 1.10 with 5 stars, and even higher. What the hell is the increase/decrease in stars supposed to be based on??
>>
>>709440
Lurkmoar, MMR is based on interactions between other players; kill someone with higher MMR gain MMR, get killed by someone with low MMR lose MMR it's more complex than that but tldr nothing to do with kd
>>
>>709440
you must have a uniquely gay playstyle that enables you to remotely kill low elo players and die to high elo players
...sniperfag?
>>
Why does Romero Hatchet heavy melee not followthrough? Why does it stop in the middle of the axe swing? Only thrusts stop in the middle.
>>
>reload bug
>not once
>not even three times
>ten times in a row
>with an emptied revolver and shotgun
there's zero other games where this could possibly happen
>>
>>707919
bruh its $300 that isn't "cheap" but it's like, a completely normal price for compared to most of the arsenal catalog
>>
>>709478
>My team downs another team
A different team downs another team about 2 compounds over
>They rush over to us
>2 of their guys get downed trying to push into a building
>Last alive downs both of my teammates with headshots from dual conversions
>I push in
>I throw bundle at him, hits him for ~ half his health
>He pushes around a corner
>instantly headshots me with dualies while i bodyshot him with a dolch precision
>Everyone on the server is dead
>No one won the game
At least no one got my Mosin spitzer sniper or my Dolch but holy fuck this game is ridiculous sometimes
>>
>Currently 4 star
>Get matched with two 6's
>They immediately die by trying to bunker down for an incoming enemy team in the middle of a field of tall grass
>Seemingly don't know that the tall grass doesn't actually hide you for shit

Stars really don't mean anything, huh?
>>
>kill people at boss lair
>check status
>white
>loot body
>headshot at 47 meters
hunt is pulling out all the stops to make me stop playing the event, huh
>>
>>709544
have u ever been the last man standing at a server brawl then went to pick up your team mate and got wallbang headshot from 310m by a mosin-spitzer nigger derendering the compound?
>>
>winfield talon with FMJ
>springfield compact deadeye with dumdum/explosive
I love doing weird loadouts with Quartermaster, peak fun. and gives me an excuse to use the derringer
>>
>>707110
>Gonna miss out on pepe hunter
Feels bad man
>>
>>709576
whenever I get a t2/t3 hunter with quartermaster I grab them and commit some cringe.

>rival
>rival handcannon
>both with flechettes
>4x hive bomb
>scream hysterical shit over voip about bees and death by a thousand stings while I'm fighting
>>
File: 1663467848450816.png (446 KB, 512x512)
446 KB
446 KB PNG
>>707919
>that is not cheap
>>
Why can't you shoot red throwing lanterns to blow them up when they're just sitting there.
>>
>>709584
290 is expensive, it costs 100 for a Romero and a Scottfield
>>709630
That's actually valid if shooting a wooden barrel causes sparks to ignite it
>>
new patch when
>>
>>708563
AXE
>>
Bro when is the new event it's been so long since the last one baka dead game
>>
>>708979
>If they can't lower the ammo stack then introduce some mechanic that makes the Automat overheat or something.
ah, thanks for confirming every avtomat hater is a retard.
>>
>>708563
Fists
No items
Solo
>>
>>709584
>>709635
>>709722
Yeah you guys have to realize almost everyone that has an opinion is wrong and shit at anything in life.
They are failures and live in an egotistical lie that allows them to feel good about themselves rather than improve on the reality of their situation but it protects them from having to accept the harshness of their reality and when it doesnt and they run out of money or whatever then its the white mans fault or cryteks fault or women's fault for not loving them.
They arent getting 3 perk hunters and dumping them if the perks/hp bars are shit.
They arent maxing kits every run with shots and/or huge nades and running spitzers or slug shotguns or double uppercuts or whatever expensive meme.
They arent slamming the $60 weak regen shots to be regen health for 10mins every round while training stamina shots.
They are going romero or deadeye springfield sawed off whatever they get for free on white shirt hunters with 3 huge health bars with 1 weak health shot and flares.
Then dying to a pack of hellhounds or dying in the first encounter they have and saying I HAVE NO MONEY.
They arent server wiping with every match 8+ kills and taking both bounties and then resetting that free $500 kill hunters challenge thing every other game.
Sometimes they have $100k autistically "because its too much $$$" as they refuse to prestige and grief your games and get upset when you dont want to play with them or leave angry comments on your steam profile when you refuse to pick them up knowing theres a 50/50 chance theyll try and light you on fire with molotov bombs to burn out your bars or knife stab you or throw a concertina on you once you revive them after you had to 5v1 to win the fight.
Yesterday I played 7 games and won 6 without dying and traded to win the last fight in the 7th and turned in 3 lvl 50 hunters.
They lose 12 games in a row with $150 loadouts and eventually dont even have the $40 to pay for the 4 weak shots so they at least have something
>>
Developer stream is on
>>
>>709806
https://youtu.be/TTP57K-zwIM
>>
>lets go deeper Bence
Holy shit these guys are homos
>>
>>709822
>not wanting to go deeper with the bros
I didn't realise you could be gayer than a faggot but here you are.
>>
>so many dickfrent tactics
Holy shit can crytek not afford non-homo english speaking social media niggers? I wish to go deeper on this with Bence
>>
>WINCHESTER BUFF
WINCHESTER BUFF
>WINCHESTER BUFF
LONG AMMOIDS IN SHAMBLES. COMPACTCHADS RISE UP.
>>
Lost interest during the last event to be sincere.

Also, I feel it is impossible for me to go beyond 3 starts. When I get to 4, I instantly get demoted in the next match. Only prestige level 10, don't think I'll get to 100 any time soon.
>>
Ghoul was a sleeper trait and now I think everyone else will know how great it is.
>>
that conduit change is lit. insta-take for me tbqh. I love stam shots.

Pls stamretard do not.
>>
>dickgrubber
Holy shit I can't believe Bence would actually say that, can we go deeper on that one Bence?
>>
File: 1525420776086.gif (2.92 MB, 291x300)
2.92 MB
2.92 MB GIF
>>709844
>>709832
>>709822
do you want to share something with us
>>
>Dickhand
What in the actual fuck Bence can you get anymore gay?
>>
>This is our first 5 man cumshot
Ok Bence I can't fucking take it anymore
>>
>tom titfeld
>bence clamos
>ferenc safanny
>dennis scwartits
>chris intopiss

how did they get away with this bros
>>
I always find these "let the devs talk" bits weird, why aren't they getting given a good, solid mic on company dime as a write off since Audio quality is so fucking important to retention
>>
>>709840
It feels a bit overtuned.

Otherwise one of the better patches, again, they really know how to direct this game into a better spot and did some good changes.
>>
>>709873
I imagine that's intentional - theres probably a statistic somewhere driving the dev team mad that reads out as "players who get into fights more often play the game more" that sits next to "players are too slow / unable to manoeuvre effectively ingame to get into fights" so this might be a way to entice those players into grabbing effectively, 1-3 extra stam shots and move a lot faster around the map and get into fights.

I doubt it affects better players very much, outside of their games getting going faster.
>>
>>709873
>>It feels a bit overtuned.
you still need to wait for the boss to finish banishing and you still need to use a stamshot. You can get the clues a bit faster, but apart from that its not faster than someone shoot up a stamshot to do the boss, and then youll still have enough to pick up the bounty and run out.
>>
Ghoulchads it's our time
>>
>>709792
how do u turn in a hunter?
>>
>>709911
Well I meant I had 3 roll over to 50 and its actually better to play with the lvl 50 hunter to get more exp faster but if youre not confident in winning, you can actually turn in the hunters after like lvl 20 or 25 and get some points for prestige if you arent confident to take them to lvl 50 where the maxed out bar allows you to grind out extra xp if you just want some extra prestige xp. Just make sure you unequip their stuff using your blank first loadout slot so you dont throw an entire gear set into the trash.
>>
>>709916
Sorry. Its a button somewhere near the left bottom of the screen where you can select new hunters. I dont remember what its called exactly. Maybe retire hunter? I think dismiss is the one that just kicks them off the wagon and gets rid of them from your wagon pool like in darkest dungeon.
>>
>compact ammo effective range increase
genuinely surprised since most 5-star lobbies are long or Winnie. it would appear medium has almost zero upside now. a 150m headshot range puts the Winnie 30m behind the Centennial lmao
>>
>>709922
What can you do with medium to make it stand out? It feels cucked by design for just being an in-between instead of filling its own niche.
>>
>>709939
More special ammo would probably do it.
>>
Bros........ what do we think about the beetle.....
>>
>>709939
make it actually an inbetween. Currently its something like
>compact = short range
>medium = compact ammo but then slightly less damage dropoff
>long = half the dropoff of compact
Just look at minimum dropoff range, 20 for compact, 20 for medium, 40 for long. Not 20/30/40.
Crycucks overvalue money way too much, so long ammo is way more powerful becasue they think people will rarely run a mosin
>>
>>709942
Could be neat
Need something to genocide bushwookies tho
>>
>>709942
people complained about both bushwookies and shotguncampers. The beetle only solves one of those issues. I had expected something neater than this.
>>
>>709946
Make it 40 like long ammo. The lack of pen is drawback enough. I feel so cucked when I'm in the upstairs at salters and some nigger is dancing around on the sheet metal outside and I can literally see the dickhead through some cracks but my vetterli can't touch him. The stuff should hit like a truck to make up for that.
>>
It's gonna kill the game isn't it? Now you can play even safer with multiple beetles
>>
>>709978
Expect them to be a bit op then nurfed hard after release is my intuition
I hope you can grief had and teamkill with them
>>
>>709792
is this the same shizo poster from the other day
>>
>>709792
Too long didn't read

Seethe Sneed and cope faggot
>>
>>709978
I mean you hand me anything and Im going to use it incorrectly outside its intended use in any fashion possible.
>>
>>709942
It’s fine imo, maybe too small to shoot easily but I’m sure they’ll balance it in time

What irks me more is weapon charms, that shit is cringe, belongs in CoD and Apex not Hunt
>>
Is it me or does the Caldwell Conversion with FMJ outclass a lot of the medium pistols in the game
>>
>>710246
Yep conversion fmj is the go to in terms of pistols unless you either plan on rof (officer/dolch) or damage (uppercut)

The real redpill is the lemat fmj
>>
>>710264
I wish the pax had a role besides being a poorfag uppercut.
>>
>>710271
dumdum is pretty nice
tagging someone
>>
>>710271
Give pax HV done its viable
>>
>>710271
Dumdum ammo sharing with springfield.
>>
>>710271
>Poorfag uppercut
No that would be the conversion with fmj
>>
>>709942
It's going to be utterly useless and not change the meta in the slightest
You already knew where the shotgun team was camping, that was never an issue
It's a cool idea that won't actually change the game in any meaningful way
>>
>>709916
it automatically unequips items when you retire hunters
noob
>>
Why on earth is there no demo function? Kill View tells me nothing useful, I don't know how much health they had the whole time, and their movement beyond the sounds you hear will forever be a mystery. The only way I can really improve under these conditions is click head more because I can't study shit.
>>
>>710336
I dont normally retire them. I usually just play them at lvl 50 for a few matches until they die.
>>
>>709916
>Doesn't know what level the retire is at
>Thinks you lose gear on retire
Confirmed shitter talking out of his ass
>>
>>710349
>Demo
What the fuck are you talking about dirty ESL
>>
>>710415
He's talking about demo function
A fucking replay you super mongoloid nigger
Maybe try playing video games for once instead of looking for your dad
>>
>>710417
Samefag kek cope and seethe, no native speaker calls it demo, way to out yourself with broken grammar and nonsensical word choice
>>
File: blister.jpg (367 KB, 1920x1080)
367 KB
367 KB JPG
I got this skin since it was on sale, and have been using this little number as a utility sidearm with half dumdum and half explosive. Thought it was a meme but have been having a blast. Things to note:
>Crouched sway is very easy to manage and almost nonexistent with steady hand
>Explosive ammo has a fuckhuge area of effect and 1-2 shots doors and windows
>Tagging someone with dumdum clears you for a push almost always and is a checkmate if you catch them even slightly separated from their team
All this with the super fast reload and respectable damage is great. Excellent for compound fights. I've been using it with the Winfield Talon with FMJ when I have quartermaster and dualies with FMJ when I dont
>>
>>710418
You're obsessed with 3rd worlders and nonsensical bullshit probably because you are one.
I wish they'd ban you fucking underage faggots already.
Tired of your fucking big bang bazinga shit on every fucking board
>>
>>710421
It's awful. Just stop.
>>
>>710428
It didn't seem awful when I was using it. If you're using it as a primary, maybe, but I was taking it to close quarters fights and using it as an opener and to blow shit up.
>>
>>710426
Never mentioned third world, congratulations on digging the hole deeper.
>>
>>710418
>no native speaker calls it demo
look up quake demo kid
>>
I love using shotguns! Pew pew. get rekt kiddos. I do like the mosin though. fun sounds, lebel sounds better.
>>
>>710512
>bring shotty
>dome everyone with chainpistol anyway
abstract kinda feel
maybe I can save money by just bringing pistols
>>
>>710264
lemat fmj with fanning for wallbanging campers or camping and wallbanging invaders is great
>>
>>710494
This. They were originally called demos for demonstrations because they were usually demonstrating how to do something cool or difficult. Fucking battle record some dick up your ass.

>>710489
Esl was also introduced in like 2005-2010 cause 3rd worlders were upset about being associated with special ed retards you underage faggot. The only person that doesn't speak English as their first language is a third worlder. Deal with it you blacked/sanded third worlder eurotrash 12 year old. Glass houses.
>>
File: 1663746502721731.png (92 KB, 443x461)
92 KB
92 KB PNG
>>710512
>Bring shotty
>Exclusively get into long range sniper fights over water and open fields
>Bring rifle
>Exclusively get into indoor knife fights in pitch black fog of war
Not gonna lie it pisses me the fuck off and it happens often

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.