[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 26 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

Are you toxic in video games /vm?
>>
What's it with tryhards being such dicks to their own team?
If you want to win why would you piss off the people your victory depends on?
>>
>>705695
> In league ranked
Because two things with actually tryhards when someone feed(dies alot) and we ask them to play safe so we can carry.
1.they get mad and say "NO!" and continue to feed out of spite and frustration. this happens about 80% of the time.
2.They listen and stay under tower, but dont know how to play from behind and end up not building correctly and being useless to the team.
I'd much prefer the second, but most of the time people get mad that they are doing bad because they think they know what they are doing so they yell at the team, because of course it can't be their fault.
>>
File: 1663639834484335.png (80 KB, 903x862)
80 KB
80 KB PNG
I turn off all chats because most people are evil.
I doubt I'll ever meet someone that has a soul - except for when I finally make it into heaven.
>>
>>705529
No.
Only to people who deserve it.
>Who deserves it?
Its like a flowchart for me. Teammates are automatically a no unless they start acting up, then I start trolling them. If they respond bad to the trolling then I continue. If they don't respond I'm going to stop and pretend like everything was normal.
This way, I can really push certain behaviors to happen. Mainly I troll to keep the most retarded person in line. Sometimes I become a target for other people's problems. Thats not my problem. If a team doesn't want me with them, or we fall apart, good - I don't want to be in a team like that and waste emotional energy.
If a team really wants to stick it out, they adjust their attitude, I adjust my trolling and we work together to play and have fun.
>What about enemies?
If its enemies, it is still a no. I may start doing playful insults with them, until that doesn't seem fun anymore or it gets too personal.
There are real times when I just cannot take it anymore though, and I don't just troll: I go on complete racist antisemetic rants calling everyone on my side and enemy team jews and niggers
;)
>>
>>705529
>using the buzzword "toxic" which really just means "anything I don't like"
>>
>>705529
>toxic
its not a real thing, not a real world.
>>
I respond when I think people aren't even trying themselves but are just venting, projecting or deflecting.
But the neverending flaming in these games is such a waste when it's all the time and even the worst players you ever saw flame everyone else so you can't expect anyone to care or listen since if people cared they wouldn't even bear to play the game for very long.
>>
>>705695
that's something i don't understand about current multiplayer gamers. in the 2000s when i was a kid you would never fucking even think of insulting a fellow clan member during a team game.
>>
yes i make you all mad by calling you incels
>>
>>705963
>>705985
What's the 4chan accepted word for someone being an asshole in a game?
>>
>>706152
The problem isn't so much the word so much as its usage.
It got undermined by people using it for curt or "rude" interactions rather than actual transgressions like stealing loot or sabotaging groups or events.
But to answer your question: nigger.
>>
>>706369
>>706152
Huh. I always use "Asshole" because that's what they are.

>>705529
I play nice because I know what it's like to have to clean up after assholes. Not just as a player, but as staff, too. Treat people like you would wish to be treated and the whole game improves. Assholes get to taste the ban hammer. That's the way things go, even if it sometimes takes awhile.
>>
>>705529
>getting mad on the internet over trivial video games and wasting your time engaging some random idiots that you probably won't see again
No, I'm not retarded.
>>
>>705918
You're part of the problem.
>>
>>705529
In my early ranked days i would reply when someone started their bullshit chatting and get slightly mad as a result. Never did anything ban or chat mute worthy. Since then i realized it's better to just mute when someone starts typing anything else than basic teamplay info: like group, baron, mid ss.
>>
>>705529
Generally, no. There are people that are so profoundly awful, usually spastics like the person in OP, that test me, but the majority of the time I keep my cool. If someone is just playing shitty, I'm more focused on my own game so it barely registers. But usually what happens is someone plays like dogshit and then they decide to try to become a 4-star general and start berating everyone else and at that point the game goes from a loss, to an unfun experience - win or lose.
>>
File: PLW.png (11 KB, 645x773)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
>>705529
I am toxic in video games and I do not care. I report people who annoy me in general, even for stuff they didn't do.
Probably got a few people banned at least.
>>
>>705529
yes purposely to tilt my team harder since i know their mind is scrambled shit hopefully tilting them for weeks on end from one game. i remember i went to best buy to get world of warcraft as a kid but some best buy employee was talking about how lol was going to be soo good and shit. Honestly warcraft should have hired a hit team on riot.
>>
>>705729
my favorite is tilting all of the eu and na challenger leagues with troll teams, thus making the complete lcs and lec complete dog shit too. Trolling in the Chinese or Korean leagues is more difficult since they just afk lol
>>
>>706152
nigger
>>
>>705529
Yes. Matchmaking systems in their current implementation pretty much are designed to encourage toxicity and raging so why bother trying to resist it? As soon as the systems start building matches that are rage inducing, just rage and do it without restraint. If they ban you, cool, they've just booted you out of their shit simulator and hopefully you either made a couple of people laugh or severely traumatized them before they removed you. If they don't ban you, then just keep shitting on people as appropriate.

It's completely retarded that they have these systems set up the way they do and people think they should just grit their teeth and deal with it while the system fucks you in the ass. When you are winning and the system decides to punish you for winning by habitually putting you into matches you have to carry while balancing the games in such a way that one person really can't carry meaningfully past a certain point consistently, you know what you do? You say fuck it, you recognize you won, and you just take everyone to the grave with you.
>>
>>707448
>i believe in forced 50% so im an asshole to strangers online
not surprising a habitually toxic person is coping to the max about why they do it
>>
>>705529
I turn all chat off with team-based competitive games. Does that count as being toxic?
>>
>>707642
>shutting down communications in a team game
It makes you retarded, toxic too if you play ranked modes.
>>
>>707642
no it makes you wise
>>
>>707557
t. delusional addict
>>
>>706416
based
thank you for touching grass AMEN BROTHER
>>
>>705529
There is no point, if I insult my teammates I just lower my chances to win
Why would I want to shoot myself in the leg?
Even after game it isn't worth, insulting people will only make them angrier or sadder which means if they queue up again and I get them as teammates they might perform worse or throw my game

Being """toxic""" is just illogical
>>
>>705529
The best way to do this is be a rude faggot while also giving actually good tips and info. It negates the excuse of retards saying "well you're not helping!!" and also gives them a way to stop being retards.
>>
>>705529
>getting mad in LoL
Lol

Anybody who does tell them to go play War Thunder, that's a game you can rage because retarded teammates will cost you currency and waste your time in a match.
>>
I think if you enjoy league, you have to play with people and not solo que.

I'v been solo for about a week in ranked and it's just too much to carry people who don't cooperate against a team that has coordination.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.