[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 77 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Happy 19th Birthday 4chan!

File: 521.jpg (172 KB, 1200x675)
172 KB
172 KB JPG
Outfit Wars is starting!
Let me know if you give a fuck. I sure don't.

/vm/ outfit never ever ever, NEVER.
>>
File: ynjppsnn.jpg (47 KB, 384x192)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
Thoughts?
>>
>>690475
fuck tr
hype for NC and NSO ones though, VS one sounds a bit boring. but if they don't lose too much in damage or velocity, it might be the most dangerous one
>>
>>690484
I feel like the VS one is going to either have shit velocity or damage. But knowing wrel, it might be shit at both.
>>
>>690484
>>690491
I noticed NSO and VS both have the same effect (no bullet drop) but NSO also has Havoc effect, so I'm expecting one to be even more dogshit than the other.
>>
File: file.png (376 KB, 753x1161)
376 KB
376 KB PNG
>NC once again get the good shit
>TR get mediocre bullshit
>VS gets literally fucking nothing again

>m-muh highest DPS at close range
Yes the same excuse everybody makes for the prowler AP, where it is indisputed to be the weakest vs Vanguard.
>>
>>690568
fuck yeah velocity increases though, finally!
I'm excited that the chimera finally gets an ability too
>>
>>690568
>lightning empire specific turrets
well, time to clean the dust off my lightning tank.
>>
File: Zealous.jpg (63 KB, 900x900)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
They hated him...because he spoke the truth
>>
>>690598
Dude literally just cries 24/7 about skill gap and how shitty his outfit is
>>
>>690425
So what do I run on Defector (Defecator)
>>
>Power Spike energizes a short-lived damage shield, blocking up to 2000 damage for the next 2.5 seconds. While the shield is active, the Chimera's main cannon is charged with a Havoc payload, causing a direct hit to disable the target's ability to repair for a short time.
Kneel
>>
Why does the magrider have to be so trash. Any time the enemy pulls their own armour we just get fucked because we have nothing that can effectively deal with it
>>
>>690734
nice try VS, Prowler is objectively the worst MBT and has been consistently since the launch of this game
>>
>>690598
vs victim complex faggot lmao
>>
>Havoc round for 2.5 sec
>New NSO guns are a fucking mini colossus piercing lasers
So you can use this ability and then pierce entire armour column and havoc them for ~6-8 sec?
>>
>>690425
>Outfit Wars
what is that
>>
>>690741
>45 (?) second cooldown on ability
>only lasts long enough for a single shot
it's really not that big of a deal I think, until you start bringing a bunch of chimeras but everything is more powerful in a group
but yeah technically you can shut down an entire columns worth of rep sundies, IF they're all lined up perfectly
>>
>>690738
It was the worst in Planetside 1 as well because it required 3 people to be on par with the other empire's 2 person tanks meaning you had less people on the battlefield for other things. Devs just can't get shit right.
>>
>>690738
lol. lmao.
>>
>>690755
You can use the Satyr for multi shots if you want to spread the debuff. Whatever the mega Viper gun is.
>>
File: file.png (72 KB, 270x256)
72 KB
72 KB PNG
what is this tracking..?

>>690796
oh you're right. forgot about that gun, but it's not exactly a prime anti armor one
>>
Now we just need to replace Chimera's death row seats with turrets
>>
>>690755
>IF they're all lined up perfectly
Oshur bridge stallouts officially on suicide watch between that and NC's artillery top gun.
>>
robobros... we won
>>
File: file.png (475 KB, 789x594)
475 KB
475 KB PNG
VS zerg on the left, TR zerg on the right
just cobalt NC things
>>
File: file.png (41 KB, 284x266)
41 KB
41 KB PNG
>>690858
>>
>>690851
We haven't won until we get a Masthead-tier weapon for ten months.
>>
>>690876
we need prettier weapons too
>>
File: file.png (424 KB, 813x665)
424 KB
424 KB PNG
>>
is it actually worth coming back to this game if i haven't played in 5 years?
>>
>>691132
We're getting a new update soon with some desperately needed tank turrets of questionable balance, I think you'll find something to enjoy.
>>
>>691135
Alright ill come back and play, is there a specific faction that people here like more than the others?
>>
>>691136
NC is currently winning the population and fun guns war right now but other than that threads are like 50/50 split between TR and NC. I think theres a couple guys that play vanu for some reason
>>
>>691137
Cool, thanks for the responses here.
>>
>>690626
>>690740
Name ONE bad take he has ever given
>>
>>691131
200 more direct damage and 300 more indirect damage per salvo in exchange for 50ms lower velocity and some inaccuracy? seems fine
>>
File: brrrrt.jpg (70 KB, 489x324)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>691147
who is he and why should I care, give me an example of his opinions
>>
File: my eyes.png (40 KB, 500x502)
40 KB
40 KB PNG
>>691137
>for some reason

purple and cyan are sweet colors, I don't associate with Emerald VS though, fucking asshats
>>
>>691147
nanoweave
>>
>>690425
i do rfedsgbserbsufrjhfv
>>
>We need long range option for vanny
>Here's yo CQC derp gun
>>
>>690738
vanguard=best at dumb zerg charges
magrider=most versatile
prowler=highest skill cap and best peeking

OH NO, THREE UNIQUE FACTIONS WITH TRADEOFFS, NONE OF WHICH IS DEFINITIVELY THE BEST
SAVE ME SMEDLEY I'M GOING INSANE AAAAAAAA
>>
>>691350
>give the zerg tanks a long range artillery
>give the long range peeking tank a point-blank volley
>give the magrider a... thing
>>
>>691541
>long range artillery
lol
>>
File: file.png (436 KB, 556x448)
436 KB
436 KB PNG
you're not being doubleteamed, they said
you're paranoid, they said
>>
>>691541
alien tech bro
>>
>>691541
>a... thing
feels like its just a flat upgrade for armor TTK compared to the old guns, that also has a small but nonzero chance to completely ruin an a2g players entire week by oneshotting them
>>
>>691714
If it had a super wide hitbox that'd be neat but I feel like NSO's hypervelocity cannon will be a better ESF sniper.
>>
damn, all that tryharding on live and goblinshit couldnt even beat recursion in the shitfit wars playtest 1v1s
>>
>>691721
gob is just p1gs pretending to be bwae
>>
>>691714
>Chimera can now snipe everything
>New gun can even pierce bastion
Give it skylance aim assist
>>
>>691668
pull a colossus, nerd
what's that? you have literally zero outfits that can afford one or use one? sounds like a skill issue
>>
>>691767
I solo'd half of a bastion with an ESF. If its even moderately defended just get a squad to go focus nodes.

Take some initiative and build a silo with an airpad on it so everybody doesn't even have to spend nanites swarming it.
>>
they should've made the max alerts a permanent thing
>>
>>690568
>NC gets a better viper
>on the vanguard
all aboard the rape train, i guess

>vs get a giant knife mounted on their tank
thats going to be absolute aids in like three coridors and kind of a meme everywhere else unless it has the speed and damage to make plane sniping easier, then it might be popular

>four shot burst
its going to suck, but im painfully erect anyway

>nso PPC
sounds really fun but it has so many gimmicks attatched i just know its going to suck. it'll be a fun way to fuck with flashes and harassers and aircraft i guess.

>chimera overcharge
might actually be kino. you can use it to stall or to garuantee a kill, so it could be really fun, or it could just be awkard worse fire supression
>>
>>691964
The NSO bullshit literally hard counters faggot Liberators that park on the floor and out-repair your DPS. Fuck those guys.
>>
>>691830
I certainly would have finished a lot of directives much faster
>>
File: sad robot noises.png (716 KB, 1012x844)
716 KB
716 KB PNG
Cool game................
>>
when can we expect to get the new tank stuff on the live servers?
>>
>>693146
wrel apparently said in the discord server late september. or "later in september", after OW at the very least
>>
File: file.png (33 KB, 424x97)
33 KB
33 KB PNG
how doable is this?
>>
>>693213
Not too bad, best bet is to wait for off hours and place a few down in the tunnels at Nason's, at least until VS blows up all the sundy's again and ruin the farm. Otherwise place them in triple stacks at contested bases
>>
>>693215
hm right. I was thinking if I can do this and the AMR directive I can skip the turrets. I'll still be chucking sticky nades so I'll just see which 2 out of these 3 finish first I guess
>>
>Cobalt NSO
>Constantly getting VS
aaaaaaaaaa
>>
>>693250
just subscribe, goyim!
>>
File: Untitled.png (1.16 MB, 815x768)
1.16 MB
1.16 MB PNG
>>693250
Greetings, brother!
>>
>>691350
As an ambush vehicle, the harasser does everything the magrider does but better, and every faction already has access to it. There is no reason to ever pull a magrider over a harasser If you're trying to flank or ambush an enemy vehicle.
As an MBT, simply pulling two lightnings is far more effective than a magrider could ever be.
In exchange for a worse harasser, the VS loses access to a tank that functions as an MBT, and in turn, any tank that can compete with enemy MBTs. Very balanced tradeoff bro
>>
>>693487
A harasser's damage output is less than half a magrider's unless you're using it to run over infantry. It's not about ambushing, it's about the versatility to (sort of) go head-to-head with enemy armour, but also flank at close range and dodge at long range.

The only thing the magrider doesn't do well is zerging, so obviously everyone on the VS hates it.
>>
>>690425
does this game still lags like a bitch the moment you run into 3 people within 100m?
>>
>>693684
No because computers have had ten years to catch up, your CPU will still screech in pain though. If people spam like ten nukes in a row the server starts catching fire for a few minutes but it settles on a map change usually unless they really fuck something up in [current hotfix]. There is no ping limit though and never will be, so while you may not be lagging, you will die to laggy assholes
>>
>>691154
Whats wrong with them?
I ask this as someone who doesn't even touch Emerald much at all.
>>
>>694005
Reddit started as Mattherson VS, I just don't really like plebbitors to this day. Ten years of poaching good players too means it's a pain in the ass to fight them. You'll find the most passive and stat obsessive players on VS which usually I don't mind but it feels like the quality of my allies has dropped to the point where any 50/50 is a guaranteed loss. Fighting the VS is fairly miserable as a bus driver too, I know most of the c4 rats by name now, because they never fucking stop... it's the bad sort of autism instead of the fun autism you get with something like 4chins. I bet emerald VS don't even know how to honk
>>
>>694299
4chan is anonymous reddit, dont delude yourself
>>
File: Captain Costanza.png (118 KB, 250x250)
118 KB
118 KB PNG
>>694408
I've been here for 16 years, 4chan is filled with incredibly intelligent people, who also happen to enjoy shitposting, reddit is serious. Why would you even think they are remotely similar if you've spent time on both? I literally ran shilling accounts on reddit for a while, place is fucking useless if the sub has more than a few dozen people, fairly useless even then. Go look at a few of the balance discussions if you're inclined for some masochism
>>
soltech is planetside hell
we are being punished for our sins
>>
>>694490
Yeah you folks need some help instead of containment. They probably need to hire GMs since they refuse to put the automated shit back in. How often do you get blatant script kiddies? I've only played Soltech a few times when I couldn't sleep
>>
>>694408
Really? Are 30+% of the comments deleted here for wrong think?
>>
>stop playing because the game is shit and recursion still get away with blatantly cheating
>browsing kiwifarms
>planetside 2 and all the clowns have their own thread
just thought i'd drop by
>>
>>694673
You belong here definitely
>>
>>694673
it's like vg but good
>>
>>694673
why you think sideways 8 cheet? Did they click yur hed?
>>
>>693224
get ASP and put sticky grenades on infiltrator with grenade bandolier
thank me later, I just saved you dozens of hours
>>
>>694896
they are the most rampant bug abusers in the game, and they pretend they're good because of it
I know because I've spoken to them and they're all crazy nutcases that sound like a mormon cult
they spend most of the time statpadding at several shit base layouts and avoid all the difficult fights, so they're hopeless when it comes to winning alerts
the same goes for bwae and goblins and any other major leetfit
the best thing to do against them is use shotguns and explosives, I do it with catlike drifter light assault
very high success rate
>>
>>694958
>mormon cult

lol hello fellow utah enjoyer, bugs I don't see a problem with. If it's in the game and the devs refuse to fix it, fair game imo. 3rd party shit I fucking hate though... I report every bug I find and then abuse the shit out of it if it's funny (like infinite flash turbo). Wall climbing is here to stay, you should probably learn it... or don't since you play LA. Rocket jumping was originally an exploit, exploits can be fun. If you have exploits in your definition of cheating that's fine but I enjoy playing with sideways 8 and don't really see anything super suspect

>>694956
+1 for this, stickies are fairly useless. Anything that attaches to something (c4, AV grenade, stickies, etc) has the potential to desync and do no fucking damage. Infil will at least let you get into big groups of people and throwing a grenade doesn't create a radar signature iirc
>>
>>695014
I was fucking wall jumping in 2012 and figured out the serpentine manoeuvre years before the leetfits were doing it
Its simply not fun and very retarded, so instead I abuse intended game mechanics instead of unintended ones
Shotguns are so easy to use and they work extremely well, so I will keep using them, especially since the aimwhores cry that it takes no skill to use
They are right, of course, and I'm going to keep using them
>>
>>694956
might be what I end up doing yeah, thanks
>>
>>695054
>Its simply not fun
wrong
>and very retarded
correct
>>
>>693684
I don't think so, generally speaking, but I'm not playing it on maxed specs.
>>
When does New Shit come out?
>>
>>693684
Unless you have shadows on, no
>>
File: Sam Hyde.png (904 KB, 1200x628)
904 KB
904 KB PNG
NC!
>>
>>695389
after overwatch
>>
Anyone bothering to watch Outfit Wars? BWAE vs VKTZ was surprisingly close form what I heard. The outfit I'm with will be playing tonight then as well
>>
>>695629
BWAE vs VKTZ was a good illustration of what happens when you fill your not-quite-a-zergfit with elite ringers but keep the same PL. BWAE got shreked in terms of infantry and ESF kills, but VKTZ made some retarded map plays and gave the game away.
>>
>>695629
>Watching OW
>>
I came back after long break
Why the fuck every fight turns into zergfest overpop in a span of seconds now?
>>
>>695691
spawn system no longer prevents it, they fucked up implementing a new version and had to roll it back, and for some reason they did this. Outfit wars is currently going on too so you're gonna get entire outfits pop dropping bases to end the fights as quickly as possible.
>>
>OW
>Mass air just wins everythnig
On the edge of my seat here
>>
>the side that wins air wins ow
Nice game.
>>
>>695691
Because low/mid pop fights are fun and that's not allowed.
>>
>>695629
yea there was fun fights in earlier matches but some matches had if not all disconnects and lagspikes so there were stomps
>>
Imagine caring about competitive meme game. It's like trying to turn fucking Minecraft into an e-sport.
>>
>>695955
I think you're making several leaps of logic here.
>>
>>695964
Minecraft is unironically more balanced than Planetmans. Change my view.
>>
>>695977
Minecraft doesn't track KDR, accuracy, and forcefully pit players against other players as its primary objective.
>>
>>695955
imagine caring that others care, just don't participate goofball. Competitive minecraft is a thing, what do you think speedruns are? There are actually super sweaty pvp servers for minecraft as well
>>
>>695955
>not getting 47 bros and having a fun time together while some two-neuron streamer explains all your tactics wrong
dunno man that sounds like a skill issue
>>
New basedous just dropped
https://youtu.be/qj_k9Fz-mNM
Why is he always so right bros
>>
>>696125
The most confusing part for me is how anyone can sign up for a 48v48 against teams that include GOBS and 00, and a bunch of other obvious stackfits, and not expect to have a difficult fight.

He's not wrong when he says there should be multiple leagues. However, there are outfit leads who're throwing their players into 48v30 underpopped fights against recursion, when they KNOW their outfit couldn't win an even pop fight against the fucking space pigs. He can't put the entire blame on the devs when most of the curbstomps are self-inflicted.
>>
>>695054
>I was fucking wall jumping in 2012 and figured out the serpentine manoeuvre years before
No one cares.
>simply not fun and very retarded,
Ok? So even though you know "how to do it" you get mad when other people use it because its "not fun." That makes no sense at all.
>Shotguns are so easy to use and they work extremely well
>aimwhores cry that it takes no skill to use
>They are right, of course,
This is 4th degree mental illness.
If you had any degree of aiming prowess beyond flicking with high alpha damage weapons you would not be making so many cope fueled statements about your playstyle.
Be a shotgun shitter, but don't try to create some retarded mental gymnastics about why you refuse to stop W-keying instead of moving intelligently and why you can't track enemies and control yourself with an automatic.
So bizzare.
>>
>>696125
isn't that the leader of BOIS? I don't think I can even listen to someone who invited my character before it even had a chance to leave sanctuary. Zergfit from top to bottom. He using a script for that shit or what?
>>
>>696125
>waa waa i signed up for the only real tryhard comp scene this game has to offer and people were better than me
Holy fuck how can anybody stand to listen to this whiny brit with a fag lisp. Don't sign up in the first place.
>muh brackets pls put my shitfit with other shitfits so i can get rewards too :((((((
>just don't show up and try if you get put up against recursion :(((((
Fucking gigantic faggot, participation trophy tier zoomer mentality
>>
>>696125
>10 minutes of seething about lack of skill not being carefully coddled
imagine begging and pleading for the ttk to go down and then throwing a fit because bad players are dying fast
>>
Planetside TTK should be three seconds with no headshot multiplier.
>>
>>696638
then what's the difference between guns, retard
>>
>>696657
The other stats
>>
>>694508
rampant cheating comes and goes but at times its multiple every night.
Honestly the cheaters on soltech don't bother me that much, the much worse aspect of it is that the players there aren't fucking retarded and actually abuse all the broken shit in the game to its fullest potential.
>>
>faction specific jump pads broken for NSO again

this displeases me
>>
>grenade HUD icons still have a chance to not render when you ADS

this also displeases me
>>
>>697145
Funniest thing for me right now is NSO don't always render on infravision. Fucking sneaky ass robots.
>>
>>697162
oh that's a fucking weird one, I don't use infra usually so I haven't noticed.

NSO still have friendly player collision too, and it seems to be getting worse. Before I swear I would only get stuck on one or two people in a fight, now it feels like everyone
>>
Why are AV nades so SHIT?
>>
>>697486
they descync and don't properly stick to their targets like stickies and C4, they used to be kino, toss one out and deci and a max would be dead sprinting back into his friendlies
>>
literally just found out the jackhammer has an alt fire mode
guess I never read the description.. maybe this'll make this directive grind easier
>>
>>697657
it certainly will, the alt fire is quite strong
>>
>>697662
yeah just vr'd it... I'm blown away. guess I also never realized because I don't ever see anyone use this thing. I still feel like a retard though
>>
>>697663
In the original game people used to quad shot by doing automatic then immediately shooting the triple shot. It was busted bullshit. Not sure if you can do it in PS2.
>>
what the fuck is wrong with guns and underbarrels? I was gonna have some fun with the aurax carbine but not if it's gonna fucking turn my bullets into bubbles and feathers. unloaded an entire clip into some fucking guy and not a single hitmarker.

How do I avoid this shit? Or is it into the trash it goes?
>>
>>698347
the underbarrel has nothing to do with it, either you missed or the game just chose to fuck you in that instance
>>
>>698347
>>698365
There's a bug specific to the underbarrel that fucks up your ability to hit anything with normal bullets. I think it shows the UI for the normal gun when you've really got your underbarrel out, or something.
>>
>>698382
I've never heard of this before

>>698347
Which carbine
>>
>>698382
my trac-shot works fine so idk what's going on with that
>>
>>698382
It's gotta be something to do with the reload, every time i've cut the underbarrel reload to fire the main gun it's fucked me. Using impulse but I doubt it matters

>>698383
>>698384
it's the trac-shot
>>
>>690583
Yea beat thing is more interest lighting tank
>>
Speaking of UBGL, are the normal damage ones worth it? I occasionally get killed by them in meat grinders but nowhere else. Beta they could one-shot and even defend yourself better as an LA caught midair.
>>
>>698584
They're all pretty shit unless you want something to piss off maxes or you can't click heads.
>>
>>698584
They're good utilites on Engi who has infinite ammo and can resupply them for free. Can stave off a doorway peek with a grenade every couple seconds.
I wouldn't bother on other classes unless you need a quick and dirty smoke while running infravision.
>>
File: 20220907205954_1.jpg (386 KB, 1920x1080)
386 KB
386 KB JPG
I did it reddit! I finally did it!
>>
>>698670
Now that you've finished it, which is the best weapon?
>>
>>698670
>>698683
Please respond
>>
>>698906
idk, I don't play planetside 2.
>>
>>698683
trees are the best anti-air weapon in the game.
>>
>>698683
You mean javelin weapon?
>>
File: 1662755969173171.webm (2.27 MB, 464x848)
2.27 MB
2.27 MB WEBM
>the boys harrasering new tonk drivers (we're shitters)
>>
>>699420
Man, back when you could back seat repair harassers, wolf-packs were a blast. You could still try it, but usually you take like two shots, then have to hide and stop in order to repair
>>
File: Untitled2.jpg (759 KB, 1912x1072)
759 KB
759 KB JPG
Outfit wars fun
>>
>>699538
I'm kind of feeling like I missed out so I'm probably going to disband my solofit and find a group to play with for next season
>>
>>699540
The game itself has been a fucking mess the entire season, despite dbg's best efforts to ruin it we're still having fun.
>>
>>699540
It can be, but keep i mind you will eventually face someone like 00 or GOBS, who will shit all over you without even trying.

Last year, while the 1v1v1 format sucked, I like Desolation for allowing armor to fight, as well as construction, however jank it may be. This year it is all air dominated, with no reason to pull armor besides maybe a skyguard or two
>>
>>699545
in that case it will be over in <20 minutes and I usually enjoy fighting players that are better than me anyways
>>
>>699545
>This year it is all air dominated, with no reason to pull armor besides maybe a skyguard or two
Literally just got out of the fight against 00 and they pulled almost zero air and won by a significant push.
>>
>>699545
How many of these community events are we going to have with massive air rape before that shit gets nerfed into uselessness
>>
>Air literally didn't play a role in the last OW matchup
>The side with full air superiority lost
>Anons will continue to jerk eachother off about how much they hate air
ok
>>
>>699672
You are literally braindead and delusional if you think this
>>
>>699813
hes correct
>>
>>699051
Yes
>>
outfit wars is pointless and gay
the game is about 1v1v1 in a big map
playing 1v1 in a small map is retarded and it might as well be a game of battlefield
>>
>>700192
>JVN-30 Salamander
+Plenty of ammo, good damage against infantry, good damage against armor, can engege from miles away
- Hard to aim against infantry

>JVN-X3 Hydra
+Easy to aim at infantry
- Eats whole ammo in a minute, can't engage armor, low damage against infantry if you are more than 10m away from infantry (if you're close to infantry, than you are much easier target for them)

>JVN-MM N.E.S.T.
+Best anti armor gun
- Low ammo capability, needs to be really close to a target to realise full potential of this gun (again, the closer you are, then easier target you become), can't engage infantry (technically you can, but you need to deliver all the rockets on someone's face 2m away from him)

>JVN-50 Celeste
lol

Default weapon is hands down the best choice compere to rest of them.
>>
File: Mecha_Tengu.png (610 KB, 882x643)
610 KB
610 KB PNG
Newfag here. I played 3 days and got the very basics of the game now. Is there a worthwhile guide (or guide series) that can explain the more advanced stuff in a nutshell. What i mean by this is what vehicle is for what, what the fuck is base building and how does it work and some general advice on good upgrades to unlock at the start. Generally the guides on youtube either tell the same very basics only or go into very autistic details about one topic. Like a 30 min essay about engineer loadouts.
>>
>>700722
Base building is an autistic cert sink that's usually not worth it.
>>
>>700722
Build base is cancer outside of off-hours, don't bother with it.
Air is cancer because 5k+ hours airneets are going to absolutely shit on you.
Vehicles are pretty easy to get into by yourself. Just read look at loadouts people are using. The most important thing is positioning, especially with sunderers, but you will never find a good guide on that.
>>
>>700551
Thank you!!
>>
>>700722
base building is fun
>>
>>700722
just youtube it, the kamekazee maybe? otherwise the wiki does a good job, and the d*scord is fine if you can handle trannies and bronies (and thats coming from a leftist who normally has no problems with either).

>lightnings are fragile but actually capable in a straight fight
>harasser is the dex lightning
>big tanks are for brute forcing problems except the magrider which is for farming sunderers
>ESF is for farming infantry + autism
>lib is for farming ground vehicles + autism
>flash is for going invisible and knife fighting with ants
>valk is for fun
>gal is pretty useless
>ant is the tanky harasser

>base building is how you get free vehicles and planes, and for stalling pushes
>the more stuff you buy the harder your base is to fuck with and the more niche toys you have to play with like spawn pads. its also more kills for anyone who destroys it which is nice if you see people on the other team as frens
>more stuff is also a way to spend more cortium faster which means you get more money from mining
>i like to build a triangle with an AV turret outside the walls so sundies cant deploy using my own defences as cover, but you do you. there are plenty of videos on how to build a triangle base

>best early upgrades are weapon stuff like scopes, ammo, grips and lasers
>then class upgrades like longer cloak time, resist shield, drifter jets, ect
>picking up the advanced shield charger on every class is meta too, and niche toys like C4, mines, spitfires ect are very fun
>dont buy new guns unless you really want them or they're meta. use the test range if you cant tell what the gimmick is. especially pistols because the blackhand is pure sex and you SHOULD be farming bounty hunter missions so you'll have it in like a month anyway
>for vehicles spare ammo and fire supression are kino
>A2G noseguns are a good way to learn to fly (even if its degenerate)
>i have never regretted upgrading fire supression
>get a 2nd grenade launcher for max
>springheel1 + regen3
>>
>>699672
>how come the shitty zergfit lost vs recursion even though they had a handful of ineffectual banshees?
Neck yourself retard
>>
>>700935
>valk is for fun
>gal is pretty useless
Wrong
>>
>>700722
base building is endgame content once you've maxed out all your classes
>>
>>700722
>what the fuck is base building and how does it work and some general advice on good upgrades to unlock at the start
1. pull ant
2. mine cortium
3. deploy ant and use ant terminal
4. deploy silo and use silo terminal
5. put walls everywhere
Go look at other peoples' bases to learn more. Good first upgrades are spawn tube, skyshield, repair module, turret AI module, AA turret, vehicle gates, air/vehicle pads, sundy garage, more walls, pain spire, and maybe routing spire (don't unlock it until you've got a base close enough to a fight where you can use it). Construction is more fun with other people and it can be better to just buy whatever your friends don't have. All this shit is really expensive because it's meant to be endgame content, like implants.

>>700722
I dunno if this is what you want, but here are the roles of each class in fights. Sweaty squads will have mostly heavies, some medics, one engineer, maybe an infil or LA. Normal squads will have four infils, three engineers, two light assaults, two heavies, a lonely max five bases away from the waypoint, and no medics.
>heavy
Click head. Die to protect medic.
>medic
Revive heavy. Click head to kill enemies to revive heavy.
>engineer
Throw ammo. Fortify pointholds. Drive vehicles/fly planes.
>infil
Be a useless faggot and die 150m away from the point. Alternatively, clear enemy beacons, gank, fuck up enemy pushes with your EMP grenade, use your darts/motion spotter to let friendlies enemies on the map.
>la
Be a worse heavy. Get roof control. Take out beacons. Delete spawns and make yell chat seethe.
>max
In theory, push hotly contested points where non-maxes would die too fast. In practice, farm infantry kills and sit in the spawn room annoying A2G.
>>
>>701002
Spawn tube I think is a freebie you start with alongside the silo and 3 walls.

Most people just unlock the air terminal and put a dinky undefended base near warpgate for infinite ESF pulls to practice/play with.
>>
>>701004
I used to just buy the routing spire for 500 certs and put it and a silo near a tower, until they nerfed routers. Nobody ever noticed a lone silo and spire.

Doesn't really work anymore since you've got to put it really close to the base you want to place the router at.
>>
>>701002
>In theory, push hotly contested points where non-maxes would die too fast
>Devs remove Max charge and add AMRs
Why did they do it?
>>
>>701007
max charge was hilarious, but like zoe it was too powerful
maxes are strong enough at the moment if you're not a retard, and max mains have no problems staying alive
>>
>>700935
>>701002

Thank you for the informative posts Anons! It feels a bit strange to me that the permanent bases don't use resources and have very little destructible or repairable parts. But i guess if everyone wants to pew pew there would be noone to do the gathering that's why it's optional.
>>
>>701033
Planetside 1 required upkeep on bases to keep them functioning/spawnable. Sometimes you had logistics problems when nobody wanted to power run so your faction just gets steamrolled.
>>
>>701033
No worries!
Be glad they dont need upkeep, or tanks would blast down all the cover and make infantry fights even shittier than they already are
>>
How can we fix Vulcan?
>>
>>701002
>Be a worse heavy

:(
>>
>Ruin power knives by removing OHK on body hit
>Keep shitty hit detection and range on them
>A fucking quick melee has better hitreg AND can attack thru shields/thin walls
Bravo
>>
File: file.png (1.15 MB, 1362x536)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB PNG
hey vanguard gunners, what kind of optics do you like on the Canister? night vision or threat detection?
>>
>>701207
does threat detection work on infantry? I thought it got nerfed
>>
Ironic that the ideal squad is something like one infil, one engineer, five heavies and five medics.
>>
>>701460
hmm you'll still have the monochrome contrast right? even if it doesn't highlight them you might see them better? I use it on my hesh lightning I think
>>
>>701196
it's dumb but the quick knife is an arc in front of you, imagine if you were slashing with a swing across your entire body. The equipped attack fires an invisible projectile that goes maybe 2-3m, no width all stab.

You know... they should make nano weave anti power knife or something and restore that shit. Annoying as they were they only had one purpose. I would rather have counters than shit nerfed into uselessness
>>
>>701190
>playing an NSO zogbot with drifter jets and springstep
>just floating 5 feet above the ground going faster than any planetman should while shooting the blue menace
>experience this strange sensation that I later learned was called fun
Heavies will never understand.
>>
I have one simple question. Why are rocket launchers are designed to be extra aids to aim with in this game?
>>
>>701746
Right before the sight aligns with the center will be the best time to shoot so the launcher doesn't obscure your FOV
Also because if we all hit vehicleniggers would be angrier than they already are
>>
>>701750
Is there anything more i can do to piss off airfags than go heavy with an air lock on launcher? Is there any implant or upgrade against them like how they get repair or anti-lock on crap?
>>
>>701806
If you're NC: Go engineer and buy the Masthead
If you're TR: Buy a Striker
If you're VS/NSO: Uninstall

BONUS: Buy a Walker+Turbo for your ANT and climb to the top of cliffs and just be an absolute menace.
>>
>>701818
I am NC and my life mission from now on is to hunt every single flying rat from now on. Gonna try out the masthead and ant tips thanks.
>>
File: file.png (73 KB, 469x515)
73 KB
73 KB PNG
>>701855
Masthead was so fucking OP it cause a significant drop in A2G for the entire week it first launched while NC Reavers flew for free. It recently got "nerfed" but mostly against infantry and is still basically the ESF shredding god.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPi9Px4qUes
>>
>>701818
the lancer is very annoying if you've already taken damage
>>
>>701818
>ant
>ranger
>cloak
>mess with vlg valkshitters
i miss it bros.
>>
I love when I terminal gank some ASP 100 incel I can see his visibly seething from real life into the game as he spends 10-15 mins looking for me.
>>
>>702098
>farmed shitter lashing out
>>
>>701592
Why is that ironic
>>
>>702098
jokes on you, I go into yell chat and cyberbully players I don't like until they get upset and call in their gay outfit buddies to look up my stats
but if you terminal ganked me I'd give you a nice tell because that shit is really funny
>>
>>702098
if you're asp 100, and hacked terminals don't cause you to put down a spitfire then shuffle in random directions for twenty seconds like a meth-addicted rat, you don't deserve to live
>>
>>702158
>put down a spitfire
Avoidance :^)
>>
So it's no doubt i suck as a newbie to flying but is the NC solo plane the trashiest to turn by far or all of them are this sluggish and git gud?
>>
>>702098
woah... so this is ther autism power of the infiltrator
>>
>>702335
Scythe handles a little bit better but has the worst a2g, you likely need to tweak your controls if its your first time in the air.
>>
ded gaem?
>>
>>702160
at the very least it's a slightly annoying bit of cover at my back, plus you've got a gimped 400 hp shield and you need to decloak

still no guarantee of winning the fight, but at least it's some kind of response instead of dying like a bitch
>>
>>702158
>not putting down a Spitfire, three mines, redeploying then coming back with four sticks of C4 including one on your body
>>
>>702500
>not putting down a Spitfire, three mines
>then redeploying and coming back with tank mines and adding some OOMF to your proxy mines, don't forget your free outfit flak armor
>then putting down walls and an umbrella
>then putting down caltrops and a regular turret with jockey and robotech with a pocket cortium bomb for when they won't come inside

Why do I never have nanites?
>>
File: 1583760438984.png (669 KB, 510x510)
669 KB
669 KB PNG
Newfag here again. Played for a week now. My only problem is that smaller community issues are starting to show already in this short time for me. I am playing NC on the EU Cobalt server. From my experience so far every day the following rules apply:
>NC usually fights against both factions with about half of their forces on both fronts
>TR ignores VS about 90% of the time even when they take their shit with like 5 man squads
>VS is chaotic they WOULD fight TR but it only happens when they accidentally meet after NC got sandwiched or the small VS force is getting close to the TR warpgate
>Bonus rule: During prime time when the Zerg Russ outfit comes online an extreme amount of Russians will start pushing into NC territory outnumbering NC in the zone in a 70-30 ratio. On average they seem to be worse than randoms because they still usually get stopped by randoms with lower numbers.

On one hand i am happy that the server has a personality. On the other hand it seem to be tiresome to play as NC on the long run. Altough you don't seem to get anything of value for winning a zone it still feels a bit sour. How are the other servers? What degeneracy goes on there? Tell me veteran Anons!
>>
>>703014
>EU Cobalt
that was a mistake
>>
>>702335
the reaver is the fastest an most maneuverable because of its afterburners.
>>
>>703014
>On the other hand it seem to be tiresome to play as NC on the long run.
Most player have alts on different factions and different servers.
>zerg
Yeah, zergfits do that. If you've got a good outfit you can drop point, and either hold it against 70/30 pop or get a lot of kills before they push you off.

Soltech drama is hackers and China vs everyone else, Connery drama is outfits splintering, Emerald drama is complaining about visiting Connery leetfits and Paletiger.
>>
>slow to log out after continent lock
>valk lands on my tank mines as i'm hovering over the exit game button

kek
>>
>put on long youtube video while playing
>become unkillable god
this trick is based
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teCa2Ku3x4Y

tfw no lex voicepack ever again
>>
>>703183
I become an unkillable god whenever I hop on Emerald because the players are terrible
>>
hrgc lost to bho lmao
>>
File: bho.png (278 KB, 1481x943)
278 KB
278 KB PNG
>>704204
200 euro mateys
>>
>>703862
that's called lag wizardry friendo
>>
File: 1663523598513.jpg (44 KB, 469x463)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>704204
>>704209
I tip my hat to you fellow miller chads
>>
File: 1564406469545.jpg (210 KB, 1200x900)
210 KB
210 KB JPG
Are the other similar games have dogshit plane controls like planetside 2? Like if i want to help and thin out any infantry unit i can do that.
Help out in tank battles? Easy enough. Have to get used to the drop off range but that doesn't take that much time.
Want to even the scales in air? Fuck you go to VR training for a 100 hours to even start to have a chance at actually aiming that shit without crashing in 5 seconds.

What's the wisdom in this?
>>
>Railjack
>Dude super long range SR
>Ruined by delay
>Shitty pierce mechanic that does nothing
Why would you EVER use it when Longshot exists?
>>
>>705560
Crowded hallways at lowest magnification and even then I haven't really cared for it
>>
I just realized that this game is actually dogshit.
>>
Decided to come back for a bit, I think I quit right when they added quests
Did anything important change?
>>
>>705921
NC is cool again. New continent, with boats and underwater combat. Sweaty drama in the first season of Outfit Wars. Everyone can play NSO, NSO has more stuff including a tank and an "ESF", but they both suck (can't remember if this came after or before missions).
>>
>>705579
how long did it take you
>>
>>705932
crazy how fun and good this game is with new content added as well even if its 10 years old like.

I recomend everyone play it again or give it try there is no game like it.

I just realied planetside 2 and Dark age camlot my most fav pvp games out both 10 years ago and nothing has surpassed them.

what happend modern gameing that battle royal is fun for short periods but boreing more fast.

NC faction is really interesting like there fast ass tanks lol
>>
File: 1599632976872.png (496 KB, 712x653)
496 KB
496 KB PNG
>>690425
Thoughts on Waifu Wars?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjYZb71rN4g
>>
>>705559
The hard part of esfs is the afterburner fuckery and judging the lead on your target. If you're struggling just moving around and shooting ground targets without crashing you're just a retard.
>>
>>704839
I never heard a single person ever claim that lag was an advantage until i started playing with NA tards.
>>
>>706089
My internet is a bit spotty sometimes during primetime and I abuse this to wipe out 10+ people per lag burst. If I had a dedicated switch for this i'd have probably been banned by now but I always get at least one salty /tell out of it.
>Lag
>Every enemy is frozen in place or running in a straight line, sometimes into the air
>Shoot all of them
>The server just accepts this 15 seconds later when my connection unfucks and everything catches up
>I die to various sources of damage immediately as well from god knows where
>TELL: bullshit
>TELL: what the fuck through the wall?
>TELL: bro
>>
Are the quick pump shotguns the preferred ones?
>>
>>706179
You want the one with maximum pellets, put smart choke on it. Deimos for VS, forgot which one on TR and NC since I play mostly NSO.
>>
>>706089
because emerald is the only server that people actually come to instead of their closest one, so we have to deal with all of you 400 ping foreigners
>>
>>706114
Dying behind a wall is the normal experience for me when playing against Russians on Cobalt.
>>
>>706252
smart choke is garbo
just flachettes and you're set
>>
>Ruskies mobilization
Cobaltbros... WE WON
>>
>>706482
Not yet. It's only for the reserve troops.
>>
Holy fuck P1GS are actually dead for real now
>>
>>706482
Am i a bad person for hoping that they call in all the male Russians so Cobalt can be playable without Zerg Russ shitting all over the place?
>>
File: file.png (20 KB, 558x182)
20 KB
20 KB PNG
Anybody else suddenly had a problem where all fandom wikis just broke dropdown tables?
>>
>>706708
They moved to VS.
https://ps2.fisu.pw/outfit/?name=P4LE
>>
>>706708
they donned the spandex, maybe TR will be slightly bearable now

ahahahah just kidding
>>
>>706352
>flechettes
>literally lose 1-shot on the gun that is made to 1-shot
>now you have a dogshit TTK with dogshit accuracy
Retard. Flechette hasn't been worth it on anything except auto-shotty since the nerf.
>>
>>690568
>225m/s
>drop so strong you need to angle up until target is off-screen
>shell despawns at actual artillery ranges
>direct hit can't kill infantry
>turret rotates more slowly than MBTs can drive around it
That's supposed to be "the good shit"?
>>
>>707121
>the highly defensive tank complaining that it now doesn't even have to show its turret to hit you
would you have preferred "AP shell but 50 more damage and slower fire rate"? Because that's fucking flavorless bullshit.
>>
>PaleTiger playing on VS now
Fuck...
Well, I guess now's the best time to make that NC main I was thinking about.
>>
>>707145
>NC still overpop because all their kits are busted

have fun with that
>>
>>706315
Straight up wrong and retarded.
People from other regions don't always get a server in their country so they know better.
>>
>>705921
Hol' up, they nerfed nanoweave? Neat
>>
>>707331
I wouldn't say nerfed so much as killed, theres zero reason to use it.
>>
>>707334
they should put shotgun resist and sniper headshot resist on it so you can at least pick between that and flak armor for which dumb cheese you want to die to less
>>
>>707343
I like this idea
>>
>>707345
rpg should hire me, I have tons of good ideas
>>
>>707347
remember what happened when they hired the last "idea guy"..?
>>
>>707348
yeah but 1. I actually play the game and 2. my brain is in good working order (or at least I'm 65% sure it is) so I think I could do a better job
>>
>>707343
ngl if it came with headshot resist i'd probably swap back to that from Flak, but right now Flak is the best thing you can possible run to avoid a2g and hesh farming as well as just tank grenades and not care.
>>
>>707352
I would probably swap between whichever one killed me last desu. ASC is "better" but flak makes the game so much more tolerable.
>>
>>707226
whatever you were trying to say in this take

>Straight up wrong and retarded.

is the only true thing you've said, but it's sadly about your own opinion. I'm closest to Connery, I play Memerald because of the pop. Do you think muricans spend time over in yurop or do you think it's the other way around? I'll give you a hint... I don't know a single european outfit
>>
Why can airfags outrun an RPG that takes forever to lock on and would barely scratch their flying neet station anyway?
>>
>>707113
so smart choke forces you to ads or what? and that's good why? genuine q
>>
>>707132
No, I would have preferred a longer projectile lifespan and a UI overlay that makes it usable as artillery, and maybe less punishing velocity (but stronger gravity to compensate)

As implemented, I'm afraid it's going to be used as flavorless bullshit (drive behind enemy tank, dump into it at 25m)
>>
>>707682
> (drive behind enemy tank, dump into it at 25m)
That's TR's new gun in a nutshell
>>
>tbagged by everyone whenever i get killed playing my asp 100
i dont like this bullying...
>>
>>707698
I only tbag vehicle players and maxes desu
sometimes infils when I feel like they deserve it
>>
>>707541
Smart choke reduces the spread on your shotgun significantly, so you can hit all 11 pellets at ranges you otherwise wouldn't be able to. If they're within 3m it's not like you needed the accuracy anyway, all 11 will still hit. It's a direct buff.
>>
>>707698
For me, its bolters, ESF, and MAX players
>>707785
Yeah, smart choke makes it like a Payday 2 shotgun
>>
>>707352
>running flak over asc when deployable flak is working again
skill issue
>>
>>707795
Never had a problem with MAX mains, just bring C4
ESFs are cunts when they show up to destroy spawns and fuck off immediately, but in big fights they're easy to deal with
bolters are the worst, I hate them with a passion because I'm a Briggs refugee and cloaking is very fucky with 200ms
>>
File: 1648347380951.jpg (32 KB, 611x611)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>707858
I meant like people I tbag on deathcam
But yeah bolters get deez every time
>>
>>707836
Sorry I like my caltrops for hopping/peeking over too high walls.
>>
>>707882
Bolter genocide when?
>>
>>707965
*active crouches* the time is now friend
>>
What they should do:
>remove infils from the game
>remove all bolt action and semi-auto rifles
>allow MAXes to be pulled by a faction only when it has 40% or less pop in the hex
>double the lock-on speed of rocket launchers
>reduce the size or alter the shape of the the no-deploy zones so sunderers can park in good spots
>make it so that constructing buildings rewards a lot of XP, just like mining does
>reduce orbital strike knockback
>fix decade old bugs
>change cert/xp ratio to 1/100

What they're actually doing:
>developing competitive maps and organizing esports events even though the game is casual as fuck and has an extremely low skill ceiling
>releasing faction flavored guns for teh epic lore
>insisting on assymetrical faction balance and failing horribly at it
>releasing terribly designed continent that no one wanted and no one likes
>adding even more skin and gun bloat
>wondering why the game keeps bleeding players and it doesn't retain new ones
>>
https://www.planetside2.com/patch-notes/sept-23-pts-update
Some interesting stuff here. One to point you
>Gate Shield Diffuser
>This ability now allows the affected vehicle to sink and (in the case of Sunderers and ANTs) deploy while on the seabed.
>>
>>708094
>make it so that constructing buildings rewards a lot of XP, just like mining does

That would just make fuckers start building random shit everywhere with your silo when it's above the private cortium levels.
>>
>>708137
The Sunderer is already fucky on the ground when it hits just a small bump. I am not sure what poor bastard would want to drive that shit underwater just to have a fucktacular underwater battle.
>>
>>708137
nice
>>
>>708140
That's a good thing. It would also mean a lot more engies out on the field.
>>
>>708137
>AI module removed
>Pain Spire nerfed
I feel sorry for the pillow fort builders. If there isn't a supporting squad guarding his shit 24/7 it's gonna get bombed to shit. You don't even need to be infiltrator anymore. Just jetpack jihad in.
>>
>>708137
>minecraft forts getting nerfed into pointlessness
I see Wrel wants them to be dedicated ESF pullers next to the warpgate and that's it huh
>>
>>708137
>vehicles looking good
>bases fucking dead

>>708190
>>708206
>it doesnt even kill now
>reduced to 10m anyway
>no automated guns either
There's literally no reason to actually build a base now. A silo with a single flail or OS beacon or air pad maybe. Sad thing is i bet they did it to make oshur "flow better" but instead it will just be cap points with no bases at all (unless the new AI module buffs turrets enough to become viable AA)
>>
RIP construction
Anyone knows how good/bad is AT nade change?
>>
>>708287
AT nade change will effectively double the listed damage vs tanks, 40% damage increase vs sundies, and fuck up MAXes even harder.
>>
>>708236
They should have nerfed outfit orbitals. They're the worst offenders on Oshur.
>>
should increase the emp range of the tower tb h to cover everything
>>
I feel like the ideal gameplay for some people would be:
>Every base has a defenders spawn room as usual
>There is a teleporter to every other connected base (even the enemy owned ones) to the opposite side of the capture point with a shield that can't be turned off

Kinda like how BioLabs work. Hurr Hurr this is an FPS please remove the need to use vehicles, remove bases i just wanna play Team Deathmatch where the maps coexists on one big map.
>>
File: 5678568.png (24 KB, 589x147)
24 KB
24 KB PNG
I fucking HATE Wrel
>>
>>708526
Oh yes the the obscene amount of FREE kills from pain spire. Truly the greatest xp farming method of our time. This is what happens when you put e-celebs in charge of your video games.
>>
File: file.png (15 KB, 421x93)
15 KB
15 KB PNG
>>708526
I think its time to bring higby back, wrel has lost it
>>
>>708526
If he's using such a shitty argument why wouldn't he use the shitty solution of making the system reward the team?
>>
>>708541
All 3 of those are actually good points.
Cortium bombs need to be removed, or should cost nanites equivalent to max. Fuck them.
All structures should be immune to small arms.
I disagree with autoturrets tho because of c4 fairies. Fuck them as well. Actually, just remove c4 from LA.
>>
>>708718
Corties are fucking anemic against structures anyway, they're only good for bombing your spawn room before a loss. If anything they need their power buffed by 3x.
If you want them immune to small arms, reduce their HP by 80% because you cannot even kill a single node with a full pack of decimator ammo.
You're a whiny faggot.
>>
>My outfit got through to quals
>I'm having 0 fun and we honestly don't deserve to be here
>>
>>708526
>sucess though teamplay
fucking what team play? the routers wrel killed?
>>
>>708780
>you cannot even kill a single node with a full pack of decimator ammo.
bro its three carbine magazines just use your actual default gun
>>
>>708874
Yeah and then what if everything becomes immune to small arms like that anon suggested.
>>
>>708876
i dunno, tune the health down? adjust the resistances? pull a vehicle? get your gf to log in as an ammoslave engie? you could also just ignore it, construction bases arent exactly dominant or meta-defining at the moment
>>
>>708879
>i dunno, tune the health down? adjust the resistances?
So you've come to basically the same conclusion I did without reading my post, excellent conversation anon.
>>
>>708881
>without reading my post
and ill do it again
>>
>>708780
>>708881
Fuck decifag. Useless cunts can't fucking hit a vanguard with it, only using it in cqc for cheap kills. One infantry fag should not be able to destroy a single structure. Bases must be difficult to destroy, otherwise there is zero point in them.
>>
there's no other arcade shooter on pc that's not infested with controller aimbot garbage. what went wrong
>>
>>708954
And yet wrel is nerfing them to be even more useless, please follow the conversation chain, I will kill your base no matter what as an engineer with infinite ammo, AMR, and a MANA turret.
>>
>>708873
>fucking what team play?
When you spawn in your whole outfit into a 12-24 vs 12-24 fight. Bonus points if you call in at least 3 ESF and 1 Libero.
>>
What is the most hated outfit per server?
>>
>>709217
It was p1gs on emerald TR until they got butthurt out of outfit wars. Now its whatever meme they moved to on VS
>>
>>709217
BHO on Miller
>>
>>708526
hes right you know
>>
>>709315
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ck4QowbbxkQ
matey
>>
>>709215
none of that comes from cortium though
>>
>>709413
The ESFs could, which is all bases will be used for anymore after these nerfs go live.
Maybe a disposable router.
>>
>>709217
whichever the largest metaslave outfit is
>>
>>709217
BHO on Miller, I sincerely hope their leader dies of cancer. They're on my faction(NC) and every time they organize ops, they'll send 100+ zerglings to ghost cap one base, leaving the rest of the NC pop to fight against overwhelming odds on the rest of the continent. Of course we end up getting steamrolled and we get 0 good fights throughout the alert. VS and TR have realized this and usually compete to see who can gobble up most of our territory while the fag and his minions sit afk on one hex.
>>
>We're reverting all of the construction changes made here https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/sept-23-2022-pts-update.259774/, sans the new visuals to the Pain Spire. We'll also be gating Cortium Bomb from Infiltrator, and preventing Spawn Tubes from taking small arms damage, moving forward. Thanks all. #planetside2 T.Wrel
KNEEL
>>
>>709847
absolutely fucking BASED
>>709664
That's exactly the reason I switched from NC to VS and never looked back. Sometimes there is platoon up just to target farm bho. This is the best shit ever.
>>
File: 15788.jpg (32 KB, 600x446)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>709847
Cool this make them look like they have no goal/vision whatsoever about the overall direction of the game. I mean if you fundamentally start changing how elements of your game work you do so because you want to steer it towards something. Instead this they are doing the good old "throw things at the wall and see what sticks method".
People would be less outraged about removing automated elements from construction if they would actually have a reason for it other than "passive 5 kills per day is LE BAD". It's still fucking miserable to place anything with their shit system. You can even fucking place a few walls attached to each other without fidgeting with it for minutes.
>>
blah blah blah
>>
>>690858
Every fucking day. I wonder if the robot army would be a legit 4th stand alone faction would they bring balance or NC would just get triple teamed.
>>
Just remove everything that currently does damage. The owner of the bases will be decided by rap battle.
>>
Nice shit game planetbabs
>>
>>710405
thanks
>>
playing NSO feels so fucking bad
having a faction where almost every weapon has a quirk sounds interesting, but it's pretty fucking infuriating when the quick is just shit damage across the board
>>
Let's talk about implants. Were they a mistake or a good addition?
>>
Ok bros I'm sick of PS2 for good
I need a new game since RO2 pretty much died except that one 24/24 bridges of druzhina server
I tried Enlisted and Hell let loose but they're both fucking trash
What can I play guys help me
>>
>minecraft base terminals don't count for the infiltrator mission
First having to farm motion detector shit, now this?
>>
>>710786
MW2
>>
>>710928
>farm motion detector shit
..go to any base with more than 3 people at it and plop a dildo down
will take like 5 seconds what are you on about?
>>
>>710938
But anon, that's still annoying as fuck
Also please pretend I don't forget about their existence the moment I'm done shooting one
>>
>>710952
>shooting one
theres a fucking deployable one that lasts 5x longer with much larger range, use that
>>
>>709217
>emerald: skl or p4le (vktz are also a meme this ow)
>connery: wtac or twc2 (maybe flavor of the month zergfits lcof and ghg1)
>soltech: hh or am0
>miller: bho
>cobalt: fucked if I know
>everywhere: 00
>>
>>711095
>cobalt: fucked if I know
Depending on which side you are the only thing to hate on Cobalt are the zergfits. TR: Zerg Russ, NC: NC Reborn, VS: BOIS
So probably BOIS. Everyone hates VS. Also it's the semi e-celeb outfit.
>>
>>710786
Duke Nukem 3D
>>
Cobalt is so fucking dead and trash
Can we server transfer yet or am I out of luck for having all my characters there?
>>
>>711073
No, I meant shooting the dildos the enemy planted, not me shooting out of the motion gun
>>
>>710529
Newton
>>
>>711330
hell yes, I love using 4 dogshit weapons for fucking hours (the X75 is good) just to get to use literally 1 of maybe 3 usable weapons out of every single NSO gun
fuck the retard in charge of balance
>>
i love nso weapons i can get kills with them and they all sound good
>>
>>711463
they do sound cool. they're LOUD AS FUCK which I appreciate
especially a lot of the scout rifles and semi auto snipers sound like you're firing a howitzer
>>
I just saw the 3rd galaxy underground today. What a piece of shit game.
>>
>>711415
Hey man, the only truly shit weapon NSO is forced to use for Newton is the Tanto. You can get by fine with the 100, 200 and NS11s.
>>
>>711899
ok now let's go for the AR aurax huh?
>>
what about nso lmg? do they have a decent longer range one? Why do they get fucked in the rpm department so damn hard when the damage goes up?
>>
>>702098
based.
>>
File: 1543370678019.gif (54 KB, 132x191)
54 KB
54 KB GIF
More like Planetshite
>>
then kill yourself
>>
>>712025
lol
>>712149
X100 is their best one outside of the aurax, and desu the aurax is just an Orion sidegrade with a worse reload.

The only reason to play NSO as a sweaty sweat is for Newton and Harbinger, that's it.
>>
File: Untitled.png (2.1 MB, 1920x1080)
2.1 MB
2.1 MB PNG
lol
>>
File: theabsolutestate.jpg (652 KB, 1920x1080)
652 KB
652 KB JPG
>>712559
For a moment i thought you are posting a screenshot from Cobalt's Esamir fuckery today. I don't know how but NC did end up winning this alert.
>>
What's the meta ping everybody is running these days? The usual suspects are running it and I want to be competitive.
>>
File: 1664464450983354.jpg (16 KB, 250x271)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
It's been 2 months since I've stopped playing Planetside 2.
>>
Is there a way to silently destroy modules in a minecraft base? The cortium bomb is dogshit solo. The fag can just repair it after he heard the explosion.
>>
>>713035
Buy the $80 anti vehicle knife
>>
>>713048
That's gay. I guess then just make an alt engineer on both sides unlock all c4 and when a basefag pisses me off i just sabotage his shit when he is not home.
>>
>>713065
If you're going out of your way to use engineer, unlock the AV mana turret and an AMR instead so you can rip his shit up from long distance.
>>
>>713068
I like the idea of player built bases but the current status of them sometimes feel cheap. Despite that the hot topic is AI turret and Pain Spire in my opinion the main problem is the Repair Module. The only way currently to start disabling bases without getting together a whole tank squad for a 2 man base is to Jihad bomb the sunderer garage full of modules. If the repair module is either removed OR the cortium cost of repair would go up if shit is damaged around the base the faggot would have to resupply the silo more often if he is being passive in their fort.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.
>>
>Infatry lemming filth crying about muh AI turrets and spire
Euthanize them
>>
>>713075
Repair node is sort of a neccesary evil to having a dozen random shit in a base all taking damage from whatever. I think a good alternative is to have it not repair structures that have taken damage in the last 5 seconds maybe so its a way to upkeep chip damage and not be an effective second health bar.

>>713078
I don't build minecraft forts, I purely attack them so I know best how fragile/strong things are since im always on the receiving end of it. Pain Spire was only an issue for stalker infils, AI turrets were defeated instantly by a single grenade everybody forgets exists.

If theres a pain spire protecting a sundy garage? LA in and drop your load, you can get it all off before you die.
Too bad to do that? Go HA and shoot the pain spire dead, it has next to no health and is weak to small arms. Bonus if you're TR because that chaingun fucking shreds bases if you get in with it.
>>
I am surprised they didn't introduce the Battle Pass cancer to this game yet
>>
Do you think Wrel is just a puppet and DBG change whatever they want and only use him as a scapegoat for their trash game design? I watched some old vids and he had good ideas but he never implemented any of them after getting hired. What the fuck is going on? Did his brain rot?
>>
Fuck the medic daily. It's absolute aids to pay medic in this game without a squad.
>>
>>713423
Just find the nearest 96v96 and lob punisher underbarrel grenades at the meat grinder, you'll get it in no time.
>>
>>713439
It's not even the kills. Altough it's obviously slightly slower on medic but it's done in a reasonable amount of time. It's the shield/heal one. Most of the time people are either 100% or dead as fuck. The shield zone at least makes it doable. If i would have to do it just by trying to health heal people it would take a fuck long.
>>
>>713468
Yes that's what i'm talking about, lob punisher underbarrel grenades into the nearest 96v96, they'll carry a regen effect on them that will tick up as they take damage so long as it wasn't an infil headshotting them.
>>
>>713470
Ahh thanks. I am still fairly new. Didn't know such a thing exists.
>>
>>713575
the Punisher SMG has a unique underbarrel for each class, infil gets a weak EMP, LA gets Impulse, Engi gets repair nades, and medic gets a weaker cleanse+regen grenade.
>>
>>710601
gacha system is bullshit and 45k iso is still too much even for a sweat like me. I get that they want a cert sink system but this one feels shitty. Arguably p2w now that perfects exist, a system I will never support financially but love the alternative playstyles it offers.

Also give darklight implant, 10 years without a counter for infil is enough. I don't care if they stay strong, just give me the chance to hunt them
>>
>>712025
I only have the yumi left and I hate life, I don't even want whatever the aurax is I just like playing medic
>>
>>713423
Spam res grenades instead of right clicking, then heal the people who're at half health. Also, run combat surgeon and keep your active going. Also, get a squad with friends who won't spam medkits when you're standing next to them.

Shield is easier though.
>>
File: file.png (325 KB, 1000x1000)
325 KB
325 KB PNG
>>713721
>Also give darklight implant, 10 years without a counter for infil is enough.
Honestly it just needs to be a deployable. Area denial for doorways and such.

>slap some darklight bulbs in one of these bad boys or some shit idk
>>
>>713721
If they cut it down to 12k ISO, and added some new ways to get ISO, it'd be fine. As it is, you'd have to complete 450 missions to get one exceptional, which is clearly just wallpaper over pay2win gachashit.
>>
The real pay2win is the only anti-vehicle knife being locked behind an $80 paywall
>>
File: planetchad.png (1.23 MB, 2518x1024)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB PNG
>>713753
You have an obsession with that knife my friend.
>>
>>713760
Its basically the only glaring flaw in the play to earn eventually system even if it is a horrendous grind like implants
>>
>>713763
git gud and play in outfit wars
>>
>>713765
Outfit Wars isn't giving out knives this year, we get profile banners now :)
>>
>>713745
>Bases will now have huge ass prison search lights you can man
It would be more useful than the pathetic AA turrets.
>>
How long until they fix NSO?
>>
Is unstable ammo worth using on any weapon at all?
>>
>>714825
Unless you only participate in small cqc fights and can reliably headshot unstable ammo should be used on every weapon possible.
>>
>>714862
>only participate in small cqc fights and can reliably headshot
you just quintessentially described the optimal way to play though
>>
>>715103
The optimal way to farm worthless ivi stats, maybe
>>
>>715236
*the optimal way to win bases
>>
>>715245
No that's called a2g farming your spawn door while the cannon fodder res eachother on the point.
>>
>>714825
If you aim good: no
If you don't care about aiming and want to have FUN: yes
>>
File: wrel.png (546 KB, 624x636)
546 KB
546 KB PNG
We have a rogue gaming chair on Cobalt for hours now.
>>
>>715679
I dunno he sounds like a really swell dude.
>>
So i was defending some constructed base around The Ascent. I started noticing modules getting EMP effect. With the skyshield turning off and on we got Flailed. I tried to find the source of it but i didn't see an infiltrator. Are there any other EMP source than EMP grenades and mines?
>>
>>715767
Yeah, theres an EMP artillery piece you can build right next to a flail that auto-fires on a marked target.

If your shield gets hit once you don't have long to GTFO and find whoever is darting your shit or find their throwaway base to stop it.
>>
>>715782
Thanks. Good to know. I didn't get into construction yet it seemed expensive. I thought there was an EMP rocket launcher or something. So in retrospect i couldn't really do anything alone to help out that poor friendly base.
>>
>>715800
Best thing you could have done is hop into an ESF/Valkyrie from the pad and fly around about 300-500m from the base and look for any outposts with a flail on it. Drop down and shoot the AI targetting module and that will shut the entire system down and save your base.
>>
>>713760
not just him that shit pisses me off to no end, I love pointy sticks and having exclusive functionality reserved around a price tag or an effort to get me to join a zergfit is annoying as fuck
>>
>>714516
what part? The lackluster armory? The vehicles? The fact that faction specific jump pads don't work again for NSO? The fact that they randomly provoke collision with teammates? The camo coverage making IFF extremely difficult in a timely manner? The Max's hitbox? I'm sure there is more I can't think of off the top of my head. The jump pad one annoys me the most... actually it's tied with getting stuck on teammates
>>
>>715679
I'm gonna cut off this guys hands if I ever find him
>>
>>715860
>IFF extremely difficult
lol I STILL get shot by friendlies multiple times every time I play. not killed, but just people that fire a round out of panic before they realize you're on their side
you'd think people are used to NSOs by now
>>
>>715854
> or an effort to get me to join a zergfit
That option is gone now, no more OW gear. Just banners and titles now. Pay up goy.
>>
>>715679
He is still on. It amazing how incompetent they are. With all the shop shit you would think they at least have 1 guy that checks out if someone gets mass reported and shuts him down in decent time.
>>
Anyone want to pay me 72 dollars so I can get Bionics, Carapace, the anti armor knife and the confusing looks like Vanu even when not Vanu color scheme? Feel free to send it my way.
>>
https://www.planetside2.com/news/halloween-2022
halloween event AND NEW MBT WEAPONS coming this Wednesday
>>
>>715900
ReeeEeEEeeEEe cert option when wrelium
>>
there's a way to clip inside terrain using flashes. i dont know what it is yet, but im going to find out
>>
Why is the VS on Cobalt so sweaty? I mean there are sweat outfits everywhere but VS seems to be in a constant tryhard mode.
>>
>>716188
HOLY SHIT THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING!
not
>>
this changes everything
>>
>>716460
Are the Toxic Zergsurfers still active?
Also to answer your question, it's because tryhards don't want to play against tryhards, so if there was an initial tryhard group on VS a few years ago, then the snowball effect will have increased their numbers significantly by now.
>>
>>716460
are they? I know they're the biggest fucking shitters on the server lmao
they have some good and chill outfits but most randoms end up in ipdan's zerg platoons and that retard always manages to throw alerts because he's just that bad at everything he does
>>
>>716869
>>716878
>Are the Toxic Zergsurfers still active?
They seem to be dead.

>are they? I know they're the biggest fucking shitters on the server lmao
I am NC so i can only judge TR and VS from an outside perspective. While TR has DIOR that is filled with some super sweaty germans that shit up Cobalt's sky with ESFs i can't name another TR outfit that's sniffing their own farts. Meanwhile VS has multiple outfits that play like their life depends on it. The amount of Betelgeuse heavies and MAXes at any given point is hilarious. They are the kind of people that when they hold Nelson's at night have 3-4 magrider sitting INSIDE the base peeking out the whole night.

Don't know maybe from an outsider perspective NC has some annoying outfits too. But to me it looks like that *autistic screeching" image with NC and TR shaking hands and VS pissing and shitting themselves.
>>
>>716925
Funny that describes Emerald's VS pretty accurately, except they don't like maxes as much as just bolters on every hill and tree.
>>
>>716925
That just might be VS players in general. It's the faction that attracts autistic faggots. Betelgeuse sweats with high k/d are also common on Miller, as well as Magrider niggers that somehow enter walled bases and camp on the fucking rooftops like they're LAs.
>>
File: Sleep.png (257 KB, 480x366)
257 KB
257 KB PNG
>The downtime for this update is expected to last up to 3 hours
>>
>>717201
yeah I never understand what they're doing that takes that long
also EUchads getting fucked as always, but I understand the company is too small for separate downtimes
>>
>It's on
>Can't buy new cannons
>No Chimera ability
wooooo
>>
what do I put on the Bruiser? flechette of use because it has an extra pellet anyway?
>>
>>717664
Flechette is never useful since the nerf
>>
>"Fixed some errant, invisible collision at Containment Sites."

ima go test this
>>
>>717674
oh right. idk about smart choke though, it sounds like it's bad for hip firing
>>
>>717684
Smart choke also stopped being useful once flechettes got nerfed, but if you're quick on the ADS you can still get one-shots with pumps at a slightly longer distance. All in all, i'd just ignore it.
>>
>>716869
>tryhards don't want to play against tryhards
if you don't follow skillfits and solo farmers around the map trying to ruin their butchergoose farming simulator experience then you are a faggot, simple as.
tree of 0.2kpm casuals having fun gotta be literd with the sweaty blood of tryhards.
>>
>>717688
figured. thank you
>>
NSO guns suck, thanks wrel.

At this point I think NSO's faction identity is being handicapped.
>>
>>717788
What identity, being as bland and uninteresting as possible?
>>
>Ghost Bastion getting btfod in 1-2 min
One fucking job
>>
>>717898
More like 30 seconds lmao.
>>
How grindy is the new directive?
>>
>>718328
very. summer directive was better if you can believe it
>>
>>718374
I dunno. That ammo sundy stuff was an absolute nightmare, you can get your x bow kills very easily in comparison.
>>
>>718328
pretty fucking grindy imo, alerts don't carry to the next tier, not sure if anything does yet
>>
Where the fuck do you even find pumpkins, are there none on Oshur?
>>
>20 kills on crossbow
>only 1 person had a mask on
>>
>>717788
NSO gets the best carbine in the game so no one cares about the other shit.
>>
>>718526
I've come to the conclusion that they don't exist on Oshur, went to Amerish and found 8 immediately.
>>
>>718451
>nothing carries over

REEEEE
>>
>>718596
>galact-o-lanterns only count as one instead of ten this year

oh come on
>>
Just played a few minutes recently for the first time in years and was utterly destroyed constantly.
Has the game become less F2P friendly? It felt like I could dump whole mags into enemies and would go down in three shots myself

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.