[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 86 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Happy 19th Birthday 4chan!

What builds are you guys running for pvp?
right now I'm:
>spear/rapier
>[sweep, perforate, skewer],[flourish, riposte, fleche]
>65 str, 250 dex, 200 con
>Light armor, all resilient with non perk pieces from the pvp track
>Fortifying perforate (hitting all three hits puts you at fort cap) and keenly jagged on spear (crits refresh all bleed) with deadly flourish on gloves, bleeding sweep on legs, and sundering riposte on rapier.

Basically I'm running a bleed build, skewer, sweep, and crits all apply bleeds. Looking into making some hatchet and sns builds soon though.
>>
I got banned for a week when this launched for shit talking trannys, kind of killed the game for me entirely. Is it actually good?
>>
>>684201
I've only played the first 3 weeks or so. All I remember is the fact the entire game had like 5 different enemy models total and there was this very strange economy going on where everyone seemingly would just run out of money
>>
Gotta admit, the game feels good different in the PTR. The event stuff is nice too. Think I’m gonna get back into it.
>>
>>684201
Yeah it's good
>>
>>684201
are you permabanned?
>>
>>685228
Nah i can come back, i did come back but it kind of lost its luster after the ban. But if its improved since launch i may come back i dunno. It kind of feels like a dead game, no one talks about it. I was actually considering just playing WoW again.
>>
>>685232
pvp is really fun now, 3v3 arenas got added too.
>>
>>685241
Do you guys have a guild or something I could join with if I choose to go back? Did the faction wars become better? Before I left it was one sided for purple by a lot, felt kinda shitty.
>>
>>684201
>Is it actually good?
Is a shit game that killed itself. You may actually obsess with it.
>>
>>684586
i unironically came back for the last patch, it's bretty good now
>>
was watching some pvp vids on yt and it honestly looks pretty fun now
I originally played on release and only got to level 30, stopped because I was fucking bored out of my mind just grinding the stupid quests

Has questing and leveling improved?
>>
>>685292
I obsess with it? Not sure what you mean but thanks for letting me know.
>>
>>685292
esl niggers need to get off my board
>>
I have a friend who's weirdly obsessed with this game and insists it's not a failure.
He seems to think it was "Ahead of its time" and the "MMO community doesn't know what it wants".
And it's like, no nigger. People didn't fucking want a solo-focused barely multiplayer game with 3 skills and 6 milion fetch quests.
>>
>>686180
I really really dont understand what the fuck they were thinking with the quest system, terrible, boring in the worst ways.
>>
>>686199
From what I can tell, it's literally just something they threw together as fast as possible because they basically had to rebuild the entire game once they realised a full loot open PVP game wasn't going to sell.
>>
>>686200
And it definitely feels that way, makes me never want to go back to it again. WoW even has far better,.
>>
>>686180
I mean this person is half right
>The MMORPG community doesn't know what it wants
This is true
To me even what you touch on isn't why it failed. All quests eventually become shitty fetch quests or some variation. There's only so much you can do
>Kill X
>Kill Y 20 times
>Collect Item 20 times
>Talk to this NPC
Take any MMORPG and 90% of their quests will fall into those categories. The trick though is to put a fancy wrapper around them to make them look engaging. WoW does a shit job at this and nobody gives a shit about their quests. Even though they're the same as new world. Gw2 does this weird "Be in the area" type of quests, but its the same objectives. ESO does it too, but they have voice acting and overall an engaging story side of the questing. Point is that questing sucks in any game.

New World failed for a few major reasons.
>Shit horizontal progression support
Casuals love this shit. Collecting housing. Collecting skins. Collecting furniture. ESO is mainly fueled by this crowd. Same with Gw2. NW barely had any
>Taxes
Again this appeals to a very small subset. People getting taxed up the ass by players who own towns turned them off. Why both? They'll just go back to WoW than deal with some PvPers bullshit. There was no incentive to "deal" with players who run these towns.
>Boring world
The world looked boring. The lore was boring. The monsters were boring. Still is boring. They did a shit job at making a captivating world
>Art Style
I get it they were trying to be different. But it looks like shit. Feels like you're walking around a Halloween party. Most MMORPGs feel this way, but New World made it too...close to real.
>Travel System
Travel/Azoth system sucks. It barely exists now, but should be removed entirely. Just make fast travel free and be done with it
>Launch shit
Unshared banks and auction houses. Dungeon keys. Nobody wanted this shit
>Lack of casual content
If you're a casual or even solo player, there's very little for you to do
>>
>>686272
>Lack of variety
They added 2 dungeons since launch. But at launch the choices of endgame PvE content was shit
>Direction
The game didn't really give players a good idea of what to actually do in the game. Players got to endgame, felt lost, got annoyed, quit
>Expertise gear system
Its a shitty system. Was 100x worse at launch. Still bad. It doesn't feel satisfying. The reward system in general is shit and you end up ignoring most rewards till you get gs 600+. Which is a good amount of playtime into the game
>Leveling system
There wasn't enough quests or not enough ones that reward exp. Got to be a boring slog very very fast. You HAD to level crafting else you were going to go stir crazy

Those were the major issues. It wasn't the content of the quests. It wasn't the skill or combat system. Players have "tolerated" much worse. It was the things above that really killed the game and why it failed. And most of these problems exist because either the game started as a PvP game and couldn't be implemented in time and/or the general lack of MMORPG experience on the dev team.
>>
>>686180
New world is the best at pvp and it's not even close. Also you have 6 active abilities and a ton of passives and perks, plus dodges and 4 consumeables. You clearly haven't played the game and just want to shit on it because it's the hip thing to do. Anyway here's some pvp videos:

3v3s:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PdZP7wQd9k

20v20s:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyzb5_s98CE

50v50s:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tNa_6Rcc3I

OWPVP:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ6VgE0z7g4
>>
>>686568
Not to mention light and heavy attacks, if you want to compare it to a tab-target mmo, you have:
6 Active Abillities
4 Consumeables
Light and Heavy Attack
Dodge
Which adds up to 13 buttons to press for combat, which isn't that much less complex compared to tab-target mmo's
>>
>>686570
oh I forgot block (i never use it)
so that's 14
>>
>>686568
I think a lot of people would dislike the PvP more if they added in gear scaling. I think a lot of these encounters people showcase are with people of uneven gear qualities. Not saying skill doesn't have anything to do with it. But there's a lot of battles people fight where they have a gear advantage. Since its fairly common in MMO PvP. I'm also not a fan of weapon switching. Prefer games like Albion or WoW in terms of one weapon then a set of skills.

But PvP in new world will be pushed to the side. It's not casual friendly enough/too niche. They'll be focusing on PvE going forward (like every MMO) because that's where the money is. PvP in new world is even more niche because of the skill ceiling and how effective one person can get against inexperienced people.
>>
>>684201
game is dead
>>
>>686200
Yeah Ark and Rust were huge bombs
>>
>>686785
there's 23k playing right now
>>
>>686800
>23k playing
>no subs
>shit cash shop
it's dead
hmu when they launch the last ditch PvP servers before shutting the game down. could be a fun few months
>>
What are dexfags like these days? Played at launch and it felt pretty shit compared to just being some unga bunga axefaggot
>>
>>686936
I think bow is fairly strong right now. But yeah that being said I think strength weapons and magic weapons are still meta. When I tried PvP, in terms of what kind of weapons I was fighting, it felt unchanged.
>>
>>686979
Shame. I might check it out but back in the day dexfagging was a struggle outside of flagged overworld PvP which I actually enjoyed. Checking in on the cash shop I'm kinda surprised they've not made more use of it in terms of aesthetic items you can buy. Doesn't look like they've added much.
>>
>>686782
>I think a lot of people would dislike the PvP more if they added in gear scaling.
I'm assuming you meant like. And the game had pvp gear scaling. It had the best implementation of gear scaling I've ever seen in an MMO. That ended when a streamer cried about not being able to kill someone half his level after he was boosted to 60 by his fans giving him stuff for town board missions so he had no idea how to actually play the game. Just like stagger was removed because asmongold cried about it. Streamers ruined New World desu.
>>
>>686979
melee dex wrecks right now (spear)
>>
are there any servers that are pvp/gvg oriented like valhalla was at the start of the game? i quit after most big guilds stopped playing, but heard the game was getting good updates recently, wanted to give it a try.
>>
>>687495
>pvp/gvg
all of them?
gvg is the literal endgame
>>
>>687495
if you mean open world pvp, none of them. no one flags.
>>
>>687551
Yeah they do, but only during influence pushing and capping forts.
>>
>>687554
yes zerg pvp missions. i mean just doing random shit in the world to stumble across 1v1s/small group fights, which is the most fun type of pvp in the game and the reason why i will never play this game again until they launch proper pvp servers.
>>
>>687599
Yeah that kind of pvp is hard to come across, pretty much only in the white zones farming ori
>>
>>686909
I don't get people like this, it's in the top 50 of games played on steam. The only problem they have is that they don't know how to make skins.
>>
>>687701
It's an MMO. It needs a constant revenue stream to justify its existence.
>>
>>687799
It's Amazon, I have a feeling it has one but I don't want to know what it is.
>>
File: rico.jpg (27 KB, 628x502)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>687837
>>
>>687838
Idk, they bought twitch, I'm sure they have plans for a distribution platform, I'm sure New World is somehow in their plans to steal customer info or sell ads/deals to customers or some other shitty shit.
>>
>>687531
my experience with endgame content was either it's a powerhouse going through every gvg with ease until a similar powerhouse was established(which is the most fun if you get in), or a bunch of guilds who fill their wars with randoms, which aren't exactly the most fun if there are no game plans, but every guild has its approach to that problem.
>>687551
open-world pvp was already hard to come by when everyone has already reached their bis, so it's either opr or wars that are actively sought after for pvp content, it's unfortunate to see that there aren't that many random encounters that are not related to guild objectives.
>>
How long has it been since they added a new weapon?
>>
>>688868
April - Blunderbuss
>>
>>688880
Didn't that come out like last year?
Greatsword when?
>>
>>687837
The real answer is Amazon runs it for pennies on the dollar since they run it using AWS and they don't have to pay customer prices for servers.
>>
>>687799
This is a myth, fucking minecraft babs can run servers with more players then new world or most niche dogshit MMOs like it.

Lets be real MMO at this point is a marketing term to say that this game is going to be GRIND AF to suck as much of a sub out of you as possible, no one tries to make a good MMO anymore, because that would mean they would have to make a good game first, instead we get skinnerboxes designed to waste as much time as possible with carrots on a stick promising you'll have fun when you finally reach 'end game' only to find a game that is dead AF and a community that is nothing buttoxic and introverted whales simping for ERPfags.
>>
>>688982
>This is a myth, fucking minecraft babs can run servers with more players then new world or most niche dogshit MMOs like it.
Minecraft is not nearly as complex as an MMO.
>>688982
>Lets be real MMO at this point is a marketing term to say that this game is going to be GRIND AF to suck as much of a sub out of you as possible, no one tries to make a good MMO anymore, because that would mean they would have to make a good game first, instead we get skinnerboxes designed to waste as much time as possible with carrots on a stick promising you'll have fun when you finally reach 'end game' only to find a game that is dead AF and a community that is nothing buttoxic and introverted whales simping for ERPfags.
New World doesn't have a sub fee, it's actually a good game underneath all the bugs and it's starting to show now that Amazon has been better at fixing and preventing them. ERP doesn't exist in New World, and there's actually a decent amount of free content updates despite not having a sub fee.
>>
File: la creatura.png (746 KB, 601x622)
746 KB
746 KB PNG
>>689031
>ERP doesn't exist in New World
yeah because every character is ugly as sin
>>
>>688982
>This is a myth
Not really, MMO server, bandwidth, etc costs used to be (relatively) expensive during the early 2000s. Nowadays is just retards parroting old and inaccurate info.
>>
>>689034
nice moving the goalposts, you can't criticize new world as an mmo because mmo has ERPers then say new world is bad because the characters are ugly and don't ERP. disingenuous fuck.
>>
>>689094
i wasn't the guy you replied to. just saw an opportunity to post my old la creatura.png from the beta
>>
I've stuck it out since launch and now i'm sadly cursed to stay because the combat in every other MMO is an absolute snooze fest in comparison.

I'm running LS/VG 300 Focus/165 INT/ 50 Con, 4x Shirking 4x Resilient 3x Freedom.
>>
>>685241
Should keep getting better as well with instanced wars and mock wars coming the future, hopefully some easy level designer stuff like another OPR Map or slightly bigger 5v5 Arenas.
>>
>>689347
why won't they just give us a couple real pvp servers? it's not like it costs amazon a lot of money to host a server.
>>
>>689400
I would imagine it's because you need the PVE players to keep the economy going for basic shit like potions and honing stones etc
>>
>>689403
you'd still have to do pve on a pvp server, genius
>>
>>689420
hell yeah lemme go join PVP server to take over the jobs that the PVE players fulfilled on my previous server.

Oh, this person is farming mats? Time for open world pvp. Nevermind he is using Rapier and has no intention of fighting.
>>
>>689427
Yes, exactly. Fighting over resources is much more fun.
>>
>>684201
The game had a million exploits and alot of the systems are shit and pvp is one sided last time I remember so probably not.
>>
How is this game in it’s current state?

I’m looking for an MMORPG to play. This looks appealing because you only have to buy the game. No subscription or p2w bullshit.
>>
When I heard they were creating a Colonial Style MMO this is not what I had in mind honestly.
I know nigger lovers wouldnt make a game that deals with white people blasting the fuck out of inferior retarded red skins, but still this could have been so much cooler and better.
>>
>>689609
The game's original main enemy faction actually was evil natives. That was all scrapped ofc and part of the reason why there are so few enemy models. If this game existed in a vacuum free of Amazon corporate and streamer influence it would have been fantastic. The original devs had some really great ideas so I'm guessing they were all or mostly White men.
>>
>>689604
Shit. There's only like 3 people actively shilling this shit on 4chan and they even admit that they keep tabs on the archives for any threads that mention New World.

https://arch.b4k.co/vg/thread/394745103/#394756461
>>
>>689634
Would have been soooo much better, the enemies are incredibly fucking boring. Another thing too is that you arrive in this new world that is basically fully established, big cities and what not. They should have had us colonizing a space, putting up our own stuff. A colonial world where you cant even colonize anything lol. Wtf.
>>
>>689827
>They should have had us colonizing a space, putting up our own stuff
Yep it was originally a survival game where people cooperated to build settlements kek
>>
>>689034
where tf is mario judah
>>
>>689838
You are depressing me.
>>
>>689346
Based, I love this game solely for the combat. It's good to straight up horrible at everything else, it's almost like a tech demo or the first generation of next gen mmos
>>
>>690076
To add to this, whoever can take from new world and complete the experience will be the actual wow killer
>>
>>690076
And it used to be so much better https://youtu.be/qZ5Lhsdcrgk
>>
>>683903
Yooooo nw thread, I wish more anons played. It's impossible to talk about on /v/ without everyone immediately shitting on it or posting josh strife hayes videos.
>>
>>690192
>everyone immediately shitting on it
as they should. the game is bad and it's made even worse when you know how much potential it had.
>posting josh strife hayes videos.
/v/ hates josh strife hayes. again, as they should.
>>
>>690192
if you post like this on /v/ then rightfully so, shoo shoo you zoomer
>>
I can't wait to play New World while watching Rings of Power on the 2 monitors I just bought from Amazon.com!
>>
>>690076
I suppose the only way is up from here, time to see what Brimstone Sands brings to the table.

Open World PVP Hotspots is a big thing for me, similar to Great Cleave when Arena was first released. Peaceful moments just waiting for a company to start some shit and then you get 200 people fighting each other.
>>
>e-mail from Prime Gaming about new content for New World
>it's a skin
great "content," Amazon
>>
>>693527
They just announced a new map expansion, new dungeon, revamped zone and towns, ultimate abilities, new weapon, and a bunch of other shit a couple days ago, you absolute retard
>>
>>693916
>>693527
https://youtu.be/PFKnOs5e9cw
>>
File: 1604524393473.jpg (77 KB, 673x553)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
I Bought the game to prepare for the update in October. Best Faction? Best Server?
>>
>>694070
Marauders are kino and I play on Castle of Steel which has the sweatiest pvp for NA East
>>
>>693916
wtf this update looks good and greatsword
>>
>>694554
Also apparently mounts are planned
They actually going to fix this fucking game
>>
>>693916
That wasn't in the email. Doesn't matter anyway, it'll be shit
>>
>>694557
>adding mounts to a small game world that already has fast travel will fix it
I hate zoomers
>>
>>694565
imagine being a boomer and coming here crying about a game you probably dont even play
>>
>>694566
Imagine being a functioning human being and playing this garbage
>>
>>694566
>N-NOO YOU CANT CRITICIZE DADDY JEFF'S MMO
>>
the wait times are really long for the eu servers. i can't really play very much long every day because of college. and i don't see how it could get any better with the new expansion coming. i also get 170 ping because i live in asia. should i refund the game or wait in hope that they'll add more eu servers.
>>
>>695811
>the wait times are really long for the eu servers
are you saying there are still queues? lmao
>>
>>694569
not him but can you explain to us how do you think mounts would make the game better? I'm curious
>>
>>696073
200-400 people on each server
>>
File: SAVED.png (135 KB, 928x432)
135 KB
135 KB PNG
NEW WORLD JUST FLEW OVER MY HOUSE
>>
>>696332
>starting to peak now
Buy the dip while you can, fools!
>>
desu the game has been on sale so many times now they might as well permanently slash the price
>>
>>696338
Once this game rises to 10 million concurrent players it will be a feelsgood moment to already have BiS gear.
>>
>>696648
>Already have BiS gear
This is exactly why the game won't get 10 million monthly users.
>>
>>696651
I meant 15 bajillion concurrent players sorry.
>>
just bought new world on sale.
going to be a very casual player. currently installing, anyone got a discord for me to guild?
>>
File: carmelafag.jpg (145 KB, 1280x720)
145 KB
145 KB JPG
>>696716
>>
File: SAVED2.png (559 KB, 1840x985)
559 KB
559 KB PNG
It's closing in on a 6 month peak, will get there this weekend.

CAN WE GET MUCH HIGHER SO HIIIIIIIIIGH
>>
>>697223
Yeah, I'm thinking were back.
>>
>>697223
n-Next patch will save it!
>>
>>697298
It doesn't need saving at this point desu, patch is month and a half away and game is gaining traction since people are realising it's actually quite fun.
>>
>>697313
Tell me why I should return, anon.
>>
>>686568
>6 abilities in an mmo
naa only washed up boomers that can't handle real pvp think this is good class design, new world players are always wow-rejects.
>>
>>697316
Don't need to, you will anyway when the expansion launches. Also the queues are abysmal right now so fuck off we're full.
>>
>>697323
LoL, lmao even.
>>
>>697330
No, i had no intention of returning, i played for a week because it was dogshit and got banned for shitting in trannies, fucking nigger bezos fuck you dumb shit
>>
>>697339
Ok cya
>>
>>697339
>queues are full because servers have been merged 4x, concentrating 50+ servers worth of players onto 14 remaining servers worldwide
>fake queue times make people believe the game is making a comeback
>50% sale almost all the time because nobody wants to buy the game
>amazon employees like asmongold shilling the game to xis easily impressionable audience
Here's the explanation to poo world's """comeback"""
>>
I've been looking for some game to no life.
How bad daily/weekly shit is in this game?
Annoys the crap out of me when games hamper my playing after i've done their daily checklist in 30min No 2h is not any better
>>
>>697603
You tell me
>>
>>697645
What the fuck is this supposed to mean?
>>
File: OIP.jpg (17 KB, 474x316)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>697645
I will now buy your game
>>
>>697855
kek
>>
File: 341.png (1.18 MB, 1913x1078)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB PNG
>>697323
It's only boomers still giving Blizzard money to play WoW.

Also Tab Targeted combat in 2022...
>>
>>697949
>if you don't play my shit "M""M"O you play the other shit "M""M"O
I thought Bezos could hire better shilling agencies.
>>
File: yikesworld.jpg (27 KB, 305x420)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>697950
Really? Look at who he hires to make the game.
>>
>>697950
amazon has never been about quality, it's about shitting out the absolute minimum viable product
>>
How much time does it take to be GvG worthy?
>>
>>697950
You just need to face the facts that New World will be the greatest MMO of our generation and the FF, WoW, AoC fags WILL be BTFO.
>>
>>698477
it's not about time, it's about how much ass you can kiss
>>
>>698482
Sounds annoying
elaborate
>>
>>684201
I played a month until every started exploiting pvp, which ruined it for me
I really enjoyed the pvp, I played bow spear, but I had no interest after that
>>
>>697981
>Look at who he hires to make the game
Yeah, look at them. Why would you play either of them? That's my point.
>>
>>698577
Oh absolutely. The best hope for MMOs is Pantheon desu. The team is almost entirely White men.
>>
File: 1652104605606.png (115 KB, 519x171)
115 KB
115 KB PNG
>ingame character bio has pronouns
why didn't you tell me before I bough this shit
>>
>>698681
does this really effect you? its a small pay to price for good different game
>>
>>698720
that my be true, but unfortunately New World is not a good game. it's a bad game.
>>
>>698729
hahaha whatever you said sir, too bad you cannot do refund because of waiting queue time more 2 hours. you are scammed motherfucker.
>>
>>698785
you know, I didn't really believe in shills on 4chan until now. thanks for enlightening me, ranjeet.
>>
>>698822
>obvious shitposter
>i-it's a shill!
Just admit you don't like the game. You don't have to act like this game is shilled.
>>
>>698825
He's obviously a poo so yes it's likely he's a paid shill.
>>
>>698825
>>698885
There's only 2 or 3 new world posters across 4chan
>some schizo who keeps posting about NW in /wowg/
>some shitposter who spams "new world mogs this game" on every mmo thread or says "it has the best pvp hands down"
>the autist on /v/ who spams his dissertation on mmo design and uses NW as an example
You can confirm this yourself by checking the archives. Hell, even the OP pic is something that's been spammed for shitposting if you look up the image hash on the archives as well. I have a feeling the first two posters are the same, overall this game is shilled as fuck. Low quality threads spammed on /v/ only get 5 posts before dying, and it can't even survive as a general so they had to come to this niche board. I will never not shit on this game whenever I get the chance.
>>
File: pajeet world.png (304 KB, 1012x800)
304 KB
304 KB PNG
>>698893
In fact this retard OP just shilled the game again over at /vg/, he has copies of the same image saved to shill this shit. Actually pathetic.

>>>/vg/399354362
>>
>>698720
It bothers me they thought this was important enough to add but not fixing their game.
>>698785
I have less than 1 hour because I joined a low pop server with no queue and still felt the lag in the starting zone. Doesn't sound promising for 100 player fights.
>>
>>698893
>>the autist on /v/ who spams his dissertation on mmo design and uses NW as an example
To be fair that retard was doing that years before NW was even announced, so he can't be real shill.
>>
>>699064
Is this the guy who thinks MMOs have to be dumbed down to the lowest common denominator?
>>
>>699081
The idiot who thinks all items should degrade so you don't own anything (and be happy). He's a real autistic retard and always opens with a pic with his retarded hot takes in text.
>>
>>699088
Oh. I agree with that position for what NW should have been, but they've committed to being a shitty wow clone so at this point it probably doesn't make sense.
>>
>poo world opens new servers
>people buy speedhacks to buy off the entire map
lmfao, i thought they fixed the game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5SbBACQCxI
>>
>>699303
new world sisters, i don't feel so good
>>
>>699303
nigga at least post the timestamp, it's around 2:15 to see the hack for anyone interested. This hack is probably related to a weapon cooldown exploit, which keeps popping up.
>>
>>698681
It's Amazon, if you couldn't figure that out just by that, end your self now.
>>
>>684201
Thanks for telling us, I will be sure to avoid this dogshit.
>>
File: SAVED3.png (238 KB, 991x488)
238 KB
238 KB PNG
NOT EVEN PEAK TIMES YET SIUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
>>
>>699808
>celebrating 2% of the playerbase coming back
yeah big win bro. everyone is so excited about new world
>>
Is this ever going to come to xbox?
>>
File: 1638291703273.jpg (212 KB, 1280x1138)
212 KB
212 KB JPG
>>698681
lol
lmao
glad I didnt buy this tranny faggot shit.
>>
File: SAVED4.png (220 KB, 932x530)
220 KB
220 KB PNG
>>700091
This KILLS the doomer
>>
File: 1660647064938.png (88 KB, 733x343)
88 KB
88 KB PNG
>>700523
I'd rather play euro truck simulator desu
>>
EU frens, what server are you at?
I got merged into the french server (Nysa) which supposedly has the longest queues.
Is it worth it to transfer to the new server?
>>
>>700556
Go to Fae or the new server about to open up.
>>
File: game.png (207 KB, 891x183)
207 KB
207 KB PNG
how's the game nowadays? I had maybe 1k of each daily mat and 400k gold are they worth anything atm?
>>
File: SAVED5.png (210 KB, 928x489)
210 KB
210 KB PNG
>>700537
Your days are numbered Euro Truck Simulator
>>
>>700594
Could quite easily afford a few BiS sets, Runic and Phoenix over 200 each and Asmo sits nearer 300 sometimes over.
>>
ive been having a good time in opr running spear/vg light armor and vg/ig med armor.
i want to play GS when it comes out, im not sure what to pair it with, it has so many options.
>>
>>700590
Wait, is Fae the newest one?
Because it's already disabled for new characters & transfers, the only one available is Caer Sidi.
Guess I'll wait for the new one.
>>
>playing NW in the first place
lol
>caring about being on a new server with open character transfers
lmao
>>
>>701063
Fae was the newest one but that filled up so they opened Caer Sidi which will also likely fill up within a few days.
>>
We are so freaking back
>>
>>701071
New world fucking rules and your game eats ass.
>>
>>700776
What build do you combo vg with spear? Which do you use for damage?
>>
File: shekel.jpg (18 KB, 297x298)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>701113
>>701115
>>
>>701071
I care more about not being stuck in a queue for two hours.
>>
So I just got a decent desktop and New world was one of the first games I installed. I have no idea if I picked a good server or not, but it seemed populated. I'm on Us East Marramma?

I joined the Mauraders and took a town project on. I got jumped and killed. I got the game to get into the PvP and sieges and what not. I'm still in the starter town.

Does the main story take me other places or am I essentially on my own. I don't have any friends to play, but I'd like to. I went to the companies on the server list, and found one with a lot of people, but I couldnt click on it to join for some reason.

Thanks!
>>
>>701444
Checked.

The main story does take you to other places on the map but it's not very engaging, they've just revamped the entire levelling process from 1-25 to make it more focused around the lore with dialogue, cutscenes and better quests etc. This is still in the PTR though, so it won't be in the live game until the Brimstone update.

If you want to join a company, ask in faction chat for one that fits your playstyle. Getting into Wars will take a while though, will require you to be at level 60 with decent gear and likely a VOD from OPR to show the company leaders that you can play competently.
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/newworldgame/comments/xcjzf6/returning_players_what_do_i_do/
>>
>>701624
Meant for >>701444
>>
File: 699.png (128 KB, 600x562)
128 KB
128 KB PNG
>>701624
>>701764
>>
>>701444
All the servers are packed, maramma has the lowest queues though so good choice.

Green is bis and is the Chad violence faction.

It's gonna take a bit of work to find people to play with like most mmorpgs.
>>
>>701620
>need to level to cap, get epic gear and submit a full application with references just to join a group now
Fuck online gaming and fuck gamers.
>>
>>702504
imagine writing a resume to join a guild in New World of all games just lol
>>
The PvE'rs in this game are such fucking faggots. People are asking for a PvP fresh start server and the little bitchmade basedos are crying about it incessantly. The remaining 15k players that are PvE fags dont realize that nearly a million people left because PvE is not sustainable.
>>
>>702542
I would reinstall this shitheap if they made a PvP server. The only fun I had in the game was open world PvP.
>>
>>702543
Same. The first two to three weeks of the game were fucking awesome. Its been proven in this game that PvE isn't enough to keep the majority entertained. If people knew this game was going to receive serious attention in PvP then people would definitely come back. Also lol at the faggots that say there wouldn't be an economy because there wouldnt be crafters. Thats perfectly fine by me. All the negatives they bring up about why PvP will suck is a positive. The best one of all is when they say "PvP servers will be full of toxicity" cool, and fucking good. Sorry I don't want to ERP at the town board and run dungeons with faggots that can only left click but want real grimey PvP.
>>
>>702504
>>702505
I know what you mean but sadly the PVP here is very elitist so you need to either make friends within the company or become a cracked player.
>>
pvp server is a great idea actually. then all 50 of the people that enjoy it can go there and jack each other off all day.
>>
>>702542
Because they know their servers are going to get fucking DRAINED when all of violence enjoyer pvp chads leave so pveniggers can't steal their mining nodes like little faggots
>>
>>702643
pve tranny detected
>>
File: ZXm4Pwc.png (537 KB, 938x530)
537 KB
537 KB PNG
>>702770
My main game is EVE Online. Even if New World became the pvp game you want it to be, its still a theme park. You should respect your superiors.
>>
>>702800
Didn't EVE's CCP get bought by Winnie the Pooh's CCP?
>>
>>702800
>>702811
My bad, it got bought by South Korea. I guess that's marginally better.
>>
>>702800
spreadsheet simulator
>>
>>701117
spear. VG is just buffs/debuffs.
250 dex 50 int 200 con light armor. orb scream oblivion on vg, sweep vault kick and skewer on spear. you NEED enfeebling skewer on your spear, but you land it and the guy you are killing deals half damage so you can normally kill anyone before they can kill you. really fun to assassinate healers and backline scrubs.
>>
>>702800
lmao if you still play eve at this day and age you should seek psychological help
>>
how do I farm territory standing? I want to buy my first house, a T3 one, but I need level 30 and I'm nowhere near that
>>
New niggas rise up
>>
>>702800
lol that game is boring as fuck. everyone laugh at this retard and call him a nigger
>>
>>702800
Lmao you're a nigger
>>
We are so fucking back
>>
>comparing a steam only game with a game with its own launcher
Dishonest shill.
>>
>>704991
Cope
>>
Should i start playing new world now? is it worth it? I like the professions from what i saw at least.
>>
>>704998
Oh, the ironing!
>>
>>705000
It kinda depends, more info needs to come out about fresh start servers
>>
>>705011
so if i start it would be better on fresh even without experience?
>>
>>705028
They're redoing the leveling 1-25 so maybe but if you really want to play I'd just start now
>>
>>702800
LOL what a stupid nigger
>>
>>702800
lol nigger
>>
File: New world ban.png (208 KB, 620x379)
208 KB
208 KB PNG
>>705032
Im not going back, they still havent brought back PVP and Stagger. The player retention numbers are gonna flop again, the same as after launch.

Have the fresh start servers confirmed they wont allow transfers? What date are they releasing?
>>
>>706226
They've been confirmed but the date hasn't whether it will be patchday or not, some people want it released early so they can do both the 1-25 leveling and switch to their 60 for brimstone sands
>>
File: 1663720490371880.jpg (143 KB, 735x1051)
143 KB
143 KB JPG
r8 my mog
>>
File: 1663725875553763.jpg (661 KB, 1822x1116)
661 KB
661 KB JPG
>>706394
And r8 my gear
>>
>>706394
I like the aesthetic a lot. Is that a store item for the chest skin?
>>
File: 1631019060556.jpg (7 KB, 250x234)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>706395
>anything/rapier
>>
>>706642
How can a rape sword be bad?
It rapes doesn't it?
>>
>>706608
It was a twitch drop from way back around the time the game came out, hands and feet are a store skin and legs were a Christmas skin.

>>706642
I need it to chase bow players, plus flourish is an amazing chasing tool
>>
What's the most fun weapon combo?
>>
What's the qrd on the fresh start thing? Never played this but I'm mildly interested
>>
The game will break 100k when brimstone sands launches.
>>
>>707478
it's just retards upset at the mega-companies monopolizing endgame activities thinking the same thing won't happen if they start on a new server. If you're a new player then go for it, but it really makes no difference. you won't be able to turn PvP on within a day as half the pop will have outlevel'd you and by the time you reach 600GS and can start participating in the game, the server will be indiscernible from the previous ones
>>
>>707765
I mean it's alright for the new leveling experience launch, but everything you said is true. I think it's a win-win and they will unlock the servers months later
>>
>>707446
Bow/spear imo
>>
looking at these potential builds
>musket/rapier
>bow/spear
>rapier/fs
or some combination of those 2
>>
>>707964
don't play rapier
>>
>>707964
Bow/spear is the best of those, you're gonna wanna go fs/if, musket rapier is good for opr/war but really hard to pull off in arena
>>
>>707978
Fs/ig
>>
>>707971
why?
>>707978
what about bow/rapier or something with blunderbuss. is sword/blunder still good?
>>
>>707981
>why?
it's cowardly
>>
What's up nerds? Saw New World, and was thinking of picking it up. I keep reading how better it is (not necessarily perfect) since it's launch and it's got my curiosity. I'm hearing that a new "expansion" will be out in October, and I wanted to give it a shot. I'm also reading about fresh start server (rumors?) coming at some point. I was hoping to hear some of your own personal opinions on joining up now, or waiting? I don't have any friends that play so it's not like I have an obligation to start, stop, or wait for a certain server.

What draws me is the territorial warfare bit, but the more I read the more it seems like it's impossible to get involved due to player limits on the wars themselves? How true is this, and should I even bother (I'm reading that it's an end game thing anyhow). Additionally, I'm not trying to join dead server either, so any server recs for ones that are decently populated but not ded would be nice (EST US).

Thanks!
>>
>>708512
tl dr kys
>>
Fuck I hope Abaton opens up soon so I could play with my friend
>>
File: SAVED6.png (281 KB, 932x652)
281 KB
281 KB PNG
50k SOON
>>
>>709218
We are so freaking back new bros
>>
>>708512
Wait for the brimstone sands update, fresh servers are confirmed for those who want to do the new leveling. They are attempting to fix the war issue by changing how companies work for leaving and joining. If you are eager to start and don't want to wait till the end of October (who gives a shit about leveling/questing desu) I'm on Castle of Steel and it's BUSSIN BUSSIN
>>
>>709650
that's good and all but why does it matter to anyone that was already playing? The 3 or 4 global servers were already full all the time. The elite guilds won't interact with any of these new players, the 50x50 wars won't change, the only thing that will affect people already playing is that they'll roll over the newbies on OPR and arenas, just that. World PvP is dead.

Don't get me wrong I love the game it's just that it will too much effort from the devs to make it a good game, it's not a good game atm. I'm >>700594 so I probably am the retard with most hours in this thread. Right now there's nothing in the game that will make me come back so I think it's funny people celebrating a higher player count, it changes nothing
>>
File: 1348963622514.jpg (59 KB, 387x551)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>689034
>reggie with a clown wig
kek
>>
>>709665
I think you might be burnt out, I love the game and think it's a good game that has been continuously improving for like 4months now
>>
When is one ready for mutations?

I've finally gotten all my expertise to 600 (601 in some cases, the fuck is up with that?) and I want to finally start working towards making a proper build with legendary pieces. my current GS is 589 which prevents me from going into any of the M1 groups that all have a 600GS req. I have odds and ends of gear I've picked up from spamming regular dungeons so I could get 600GS, but it would be significantly worse damage / stat wise compared to what I'm using. Is there some other way for me to get geared up to participate in mutations? because regular dungeons are draining at this point, same shit over and over again only to get 1, maybe 2 pieces of legendary loot that has useless stats for my build
>>
Sup /vm/ I just wanted to stop by and say I love this game
>>
I'm a big fan of PvP but I've never played new world. I know it was supposed to be PvP but it got switched to PvE at some point so I stopped checking it out before release.

is it worth coming to check it out now or is it stagnated to long-time sweats and whales?
>>
>>709770
you will have to play 500 hours of PvE before you stand any chance in PvP
>>
>>709770
The pvp is extremely fun, especially 3v3s imo, but you're gonna need to grind gear unfortunately
>>
>>709773
bullshit, you just need to get your gear to 623 and purples are fine as long as you have resilient on everything
>>
File: Screenshot (11).jpg (576 KB, 1920x1080)
576 KB
576 KB JPG
>day1: buy game and create a character on Fae server
>day2: servers are gone.
I think I got kiked.
>>
>>709789
ok, its fine after i restarted the game.
>>
>>709773
>>709775
no equalisation systems? kinda brutal but not a dealbreaker really. is the PvE fun by itself or a bit mindless? I like WoW and XIV but I find ESO mindless.
>>
>>709802
Depends on the dungeon, dungeons like laz and gen are absolutely braindead, but tempest heart and barnacles and black powder are actually fun with some interesting mechanics
>>
what do i do in this game when it gives my male character a dress that has better gearscore than what he currently wears?
>>
>>709802
Gear scaling is coming in the patch, it’s already here on PTR upscalled gear to 600GS so you don’t get clapped so easy.
>>
Holy fuck the skins suck
>>
>>709838
Yeah, twitch skins are basically the only good ones
>>
File: Thewheeloftime-EN-580.jpg (38 KB, 580x330)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>709845
>tfw missed the wheel of time skins
the only chest skins I actually want and they're lost forever now
>>
>>709850
>>709845
I can't fucking stand games that have these limited run skins.
>>
>>709850
Yeah those are probably the best, the one running rn is pretty good too
>>
File: 1570510131146.jpg (86 KB, 1000x963)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
>haven't played since launch
>have 60h on the ptr already
>tfw gonna burn out before fresh
>>
>>709665
If you can put in 1.8k hours whilst the game is dogshit then people can put in far more now that it has gotten better.

You don't spend 1.8k hours of your life on something that you don't think is half decent.
>>
>>709901
why would you do that to yourself
>>
Whats a good low level pvp build for fresh?
Im thinking hatchet + spear?
>>
how is the actual combat? are you just spamming buttons ala gw2 and ESO or is there a thought process happening like XIV or WoW?
>>
some guy on youtube told me not to play until the expansion is out
>>
>>710787
If you aren't lvl 60 you should wait for the fresh servers and start there. The new leveling is 10 times faster. You can do 1-60 in under 24 hours without even tryharding
>>
>>710668
I don't know where to start with this. You don't spam buttons in either GW2 or ESO and there's no thought process in XIV or WoW.
It's closest to ESO, each weapon has its own bar and you can swap between 2 of them and this operation is optimal. Biggest difference would be 3 hotkeys per bar in NW as opposed to 5.
>>
>>710877
>you don't spam buttons in GW2
>the game you can play entirely naked just pressing all your buttons.
>no thought process in XIV
>the game where half the hazards are instakills so you're constantly reconfiguring how to keep your combos while not dying
what did he mean by this
>>
for any of you faggots looking to hop on the bandwagon for fresh start servers? what are your reasonings? is it because of muh dupes and exploits? what, are you going to quit the fresh start servers too if another exploit is found?
>>
>>710540
there will be no fresh start
>>
>>710965
???
>>
>>711004
It's not officially confirmed, not sure why it got memed as if it's coming for sure. All they said is that they're considering it and will have more information on it soon.
>>
>>710961
Do you not understand the appeal of fresh servers?
You start the game with hundreds of other people at the same time and everyone is essentially on the same level.
>>
>>711034
>everyone is essentially on the same level.
Not true. People who have played the game for the entire year have a greater understanding than you chucklefucks coming back, they'll know all the tricks to get the absolute best advantages over you. then you'll complain that they're too strong again or something. At least on the regular servers everything is stabilized. Fresh start servers give you the illusion that everything is up for grabs, but really that's only true for the veteran companies.
>>
>>710668
the combat is the best we have in a mmo so far. There're some problems with desyncs and it is still unbalanced but you can't have a better combat in any other mmo, it's not even close tbf

>>710957
you kidding right
>>
>>711043
That's nice.
For everyone else it's a fresh start from level 1.
>>
>>711164
yeah then they'll complain and freak out when they see level 60s a week later.
>>
Thinking of picking up this game. Is it worth the wait for the revamped starting experience?
>>
File: fresh.png (49 KB, 776x217)
49 KB
49 KB PNG
>>710965
>>711019
>>
>>711374
Where's the release date
>>
>>711391
probably getting announced later today
>>
>>711394
These servers would be popular for a week before everyone realizes “woah I can just play on my main, this is a waste of time” if it even gets that popular. There’s an entire endgame zone three times as big as a normal zone and these people think a ton of people are gonna start a new character. The delusion. They’re just parroting what their favorite streamer has said.
>>
>>711395
not really. most players quit at lvl 30-40 because the questing was dogshit and want to experience launch again.
>>
>>711396
it's literally like the same quests in every fucking mmo, it's the same, THE SAME SHIT everytime
>>
>>711461
it wasn't at launch. now its closer to other mmos and the pacing is way better.
>>
software development deadlines are only there because you have to say something. In reality, nobody ever has any idea how long development of a product will take.
Point is, release dates are only ever there as a placeholder, in any software development and treating them as set in stone is wrong.
>>
>>711464
it was the same, just longer to get to 60. You people mindless drones with no capacity to think for yourself
>>
>>711492
>it was the same
>spam town board brainrot quests for 200 hours
vs
>do normal quests, explore shit and level to 60 in 20-30 hours while having fun
just shut the fuck up already retard and stay on your shitty stale servers with the other retards
>>
>>711494
what are you talking about lmao. Are you saying the game didn't have normal quests before? Just board quests? When I got to 60 I did less than 10 board quests. The "LEVELING EXPERIENCE REVAMPED™" is just bait and you fell hook line and sinker for it.
It will be the same but instead of 60 hours in you'll get to 60 in 30 as you said
>>
>>711517
>60 hours
>less than 10 board quests
and then you woke up
>>
>>711394
no announcement date lmao, cope harder fresh shitter
>>
>>711523
what? Looks like I'm arguing with a brainlet, you can't even understand what I said
>>
>>711591
i'm sorry sir but i do not believe at all that you have attained level 60 in 30 hours without town boards. the game is very rich and fulfilling and there's no way you can attain the maximum level at such speed...
>>
>>710961
m8 i'm in a megacompany for my server and the amount of gold and resources we have is disgusting, it's like if you had money cap for gta online at some point there's no thrill anymore.

as a hint, you should have been stockpiling fish resources for the new food, this is what the new trade exploit was related to.
>>
>>711607
thats not at launch so it doesn't matter. the world first is 59 hours played.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1q4-AK92hI

>>711591
You are saying that reducing the leveling times by 10 times, not having to do dogshit townboard quests is not a leveling rework and that you are retarded and never played at launch
>>
>>711346
apparently it is wayyy less time to level so maybe
>>
>>711584
What's with the animosity towards enthusiastic players who want to return to your dying game? One would think you would be grateful.
>>
>>711598
I never said I got to 60 in 30 hours

>>711617
I probably have more hours than anyone in this thread. I said you'll do the same quests but less of them to get to 60, just that. The first guy I quoted said the leveling was dogshit and implying the new leveling experience would solve this problem, which isn't true. It will be the same shit, just less of it.
>>
>>711644
The leveling being dogshit is the result of having to spam 100 hours of
>kill 10 turkeys x1000
>collect 20 tree branches x1000
>collect 10 iron ores x1000
>craft armor kit x1000
The reworked leveling makes it way more enjoyable because you move through different environments faster so it doesn't get mind numbingly boring and the zones look amazing.
I quit the launch at lvl 45 and reinstalled the game a week ago then got lvl 60 on the ptr and it was fun all the way to 60.
>>
>>711651
idk why you guys are excited for this, the major flaws are still in the game. You're just eating marketing shit up, the quality of the game is the same as before
>>
>>711684
Its because you have 2k hours played so you have other issues with the game. People that quit because of the leveling will have way more fun with the new servers.
>>
File: PVP Gutted.gif (600 KB, 1447x1868)
600 KB
600 KB GIF
New World is going to have a huge spike in players for about 2 months after Brimstone Sands, and then another huge dropoff in players. Player retention will remain poor since post launch casualized the features many players got into the game for
>Stagger
>PvP
And replaced them with casual features like a dungeon finder.

I cannot see the playerbase sticking around for more than 3 months, and thats being generous.
>>
>>711753
>3 months
3 months after the release of the fresh start servers, not Brimstone Sands*
>>
>>711753
That number will drop off even faster when exploits are reintroduced. The only reason they went relatively exploit-free the past year is because people don't care, but funnily enough 2 exploits were found just last week because of the anticipation of the comeback. It's going to be a shitshow.
>>
>>711753
Surely throne and liberty will keep it in.
>>
>>711638
People like him are extremely ill and filled with hate
>>
>>711753
stagger was absolute shit. You would know that if you played on the beta that had it. I agree with you on the rest
>>
>>711968
fresh start servers are redundant and a waste of resources. all it does is profit RMTers and destroy established community servers. everyone will abandon their main server to go to the new server, most of the new players clamoring for it will quit anyway, then the player base is split with it inevitably getting merged to the old servers except now there's less players overall because old and new quit.
>>
>>711979
No, stagger was great. You just needed to git gud. https://youtu.be/qZ5Lhsdcrgk
>>
>>712144
this looks like shit
>>
>>712170
>I'm a retarded 12 year old
>>
>>712144
even with the actual system stagger is badly implemented and sometimes it straight up bugs out. Now imagine if they didn't reworked it all. You should stop listening to schizos on youtube and play the game more, you'll understand.
>>
>>712364
I did play it. Combat was way better with stagger.
>>
>>712383
you're straight up lying if you played both versions of the game and still thinks stagger was better. Did you ever played a war? Or any other pvp encounter where you had more than a 1x1? Hell even in 1x1 the stagger version was full of bullshit where you could get stunlocked if the other player had sightly better connection than you, you're full of shit mate. With the exception of some unbalanced weapons and perks the pvp is in the better state it ever was right now
>>
https://twitter.com/dev_katyk/status/1575547897944612864

>The investigation phase is complete, penalties are being adjusted but not yet lifted over the next few days, while the team removes the items and gold. This takes some time. More info next week.

so definitely duped items and gold confirmed, probably why they're not working on fresh start servers until they clean up the normal servers first
>>
so how the fresh start servers will work out? Don't they have server transfers? What's the point then?
>>
>>712716
if they allow transfers to fresh, then yeah there is no point
>>
>>712707
>all the banned tards crying in the replies
lmao
>>
If this game gets heavily discounted/free with prime I'll be glad to try it. It's a shame that they chose to go with this server style (Lot's of small ones instead of a single interconnected one like BDO).
>>
>>712919
this game has been 50% for a long time
>>
>>712922
Sorry I meant HEAVILY, like 75%. Let's be honest, the game ain't worth even 25% but I'm a good Samaritan.
>>
>>712926
whatever you say poorfag
>>
>>712919
megaservers, dungeon finders, etc ruin a mmo. in small servers you get to know the other people playing
>>
>>712433
Nope. Removing stagger ruined the combat.
>>
>>712926
If thats you stance, I advise you to forget this game exists for the time being - anything else is a dumb waste of your time. There is no chance the game will go on discount now of all times - around the time the expansion is coming out and player count went up.
>>
File: 1663114864248417.png (309 KB, 512x512)
309 KB
309 KB PNG
I wish there was RP in this game and the naming didn't allow L337haxx0r
>>
I made a character on the new Asgard server they added today. I dont want to sit waiting when or if the
>fresh servers
will be there.
>>
File: 1662567439177736.jpg (65 KB, 829x1022)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>709850
trash skins. we need more epic 1337 clown skins so pvpers can have the funny crown on and shit haha epic game
>>
new world
>>
>>688932
That is sorta cool. I love AWS.
>>
>5 tempest runs
>only 4 legendary pieces
I guess I at least got the named rapier, but man that was brutal
>>
can you use umbral shards on a 2 perk item to turn it into a 3 perk item? I have some 597 named gloves I want the legendary variant of, and I see on nwdb comments of people saying you can upgrade items to 3 perk, but I don't see any sort of direct confirmation anywhere other than it apparently was happening on the PTR at some point

also what is the fastest umbral shard collection method?
>>
>>714144
If it has a legendary version on NWDB then yes with Umbral Shards you can upgrade it to the 3 perk legendary version.

Fasted Umbral Shards come from doing your daily Gypsum once your expertise reaches 600GS, then just run mutations.
>>
Anyone here on Castle of Steel?
>>
File: 1664737736321979.jpg (127 KB, 1022x813)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
Who wants to join my band?
>>
>>713080
t. retard
>>
the virgin left click masher vs the chad stagger appreciator
>>
>>715176
stagger actually promotes more left click mashing, retard
>>
>>714848
yes. RIP city of Bronze
>>
>>715230
t. retard
>>
What are the chances this goes on sale for brimstone sands?
>>
>>715311
cope, stagger isn't coming back and the game thrives without you proving your vision of the game is dogshit
>>
>https://youtu.be/dV-7IfuI7Ow
Is this guy good at the game?
>>
>>715320
I know it's not coming back. New World is permanently dumbed down for the lowest common denominator.
>>
Here's a list of improvements I wrote off the top of my head since launch I wrote for someone who asked on /v/, I'm sure there's a bunch I'm missing:

>2 new dungeons
>1 new weapon
>Instanced wars reduced lag
>server caps increased to 2500 from 2000
>Expedition orbs removed
>High watermark removed and gypsum system for earning umbral in every activity in the game
>Profession rework for mastery and rewards
>removed take downs in our and 3v3 arenas
>Added 3v3 arenas
>added proximity events / quests that are random
>added random mobs that have good loot if you can find their spawn
>Added mutator expeditions for the low level expeditions
>Game performance has dramatically increased
>Added music profession
>Overhauled weapon and armor perks
>Made it so weapons and armor drop relevant stats / perks
>Added movement speed buff when running on road
>Added a fuckton of fast travel shrines and dramatically reduced fast travel costs
>Reworked armor dodging and weapons so melee can actually chase down ranged classes
>Reduced housing taxes by 10x
>Reduced leveling time by a shitton
>Made it so you can run while using your inventory
>Dramatically increased town storage
>Made a dungeon finder for expeditions and mutators
>pvp reward track so you can earn near-bis pvp armor for playing pvp (kinda like how wow does it with conquest gear)
>>
Fresh start confirmed
>>
>>715487
https://forums.newworld.com/t/proof-for-fresh-start-servers-links-inside/768262/12
>>
>>715467
>Reduced leveling time by a shitton
What's that like for someone who stopped playing at around mid 30's?
Can't decide if I should start playing a new character when the expansion comes or just continue on now
>>
>>715498
Leveling is currently reduced by like 50% right now from launch I think, but when fresh comes out it will take less that 24 hours /played to reach 60 which people on the ptr have been able to do, who knows if they change the ptr though.
>>
Fresh start servers that get opened up for transfers in 3 months. Big whoop. Give me PvP servers or no reinstall, Amazon.
>>
>>715502
That sounds a lot quicker than what I thought it would be.
Are there any reasons to explore the lower level zones at that point? I remember there being collectibles like journal pages but do you get any bonuses from general exploration apart from whatever gathering nodes you may find?
>>
>>715506
Not sure desu I'm max level and don't plan on playing fresh servers
>>
>https://youtu.be/d6k7o5sdIZ0
BRRRRAPPPPPPPPPP
>>
Does this have have an actual economy that is new player friendly or is it still dominated by exploits?
>>
i wanted to level professions while i level my character, but professions take too much time compared to levels.

The main leveling in this game is just fine, the main questline works great, I see no problem in leveling to 60. But i have to drop gathering and just focus on getting to 60, and then go back to gathering after that. Which is not what I wanted.
>>
>>715839
I'm probably gonna get flamed for this but I never had any issues with the economy and I pretty much spend my gold as I make it, besides the pvp track gear makes gearing way easier
>>
>>715918
How's the endgame loop? Is this just a chore simulator with little to no social interaction? Am I gonna be grinding some dumb shit for 1000 hours before other players acknowledge my existence?
>>
>>715920
I just spam opr and 3v3s so it's basically low fantasy Fortnite for me
>>
>>715839
The economy is generally stabilized, but not really in a good way. Companies make millions of gold legitimately by owning the towns, though they are changing that soon. As a regular player I find the hype over the next patch comical, it's definitely some nice content but the term expansion has been thrown a lot. It's just one new zone.
>>
>>715929
people talk about "fresh servers" all the time and then believe in their own echo about fresh servers coming. And then they'll complain about them not being there at launch.
>>
>>715095
I want to make her my ingame wife. She can clean my house in Weaver’s Fen while I go out to hunt crocodile.
>>
>>715911
the life skills are aids. you can't make anything genuinely useful outside of a couple potions and bags before 200 and it takes way too fucking long to get there. not to mention you have to craft tens of thousands of worthless low level items as part of the process. I had all these cool 500 weapon recipes I wanted to try out but by the time I was able to craft one it was A. not worth the material cost and B. outleveled and out-raritied by everything else I had at that point
>>
I played on launch and only got to level 30 should I start playing now or wait for the fresh start servers?
>>
>>716389
theres an exp rate bonus event in a day or so that you can take advantage of or you can wait till the update comes in two weeks to start over.
>>
Breaking 50k this weekend...
>>
>>715674
lmao I thought that was just my pc. It's fucking annoying. Your video is a bad example thoughtever, it's more like:
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFshLVG81xs
>>
How viable is musket in PvE vs bosses? I always heard it did terrible DPS and it's only value is in PvP for high alpha damage, but recently I've seen a couple people say in game that when used on bosses you can do similar or even higher DPS than weapons like bows. Is this true, is it comparable? Do you have to spec a certain way as to make all other weapons useless or something?
>>
>>716622
Afaik muskets are not used AT ALL in dungeons and you won't get invited to mutators if you even try to join one as a musket player, I think spear, great axe, hammer, hatchet are all good for melee pve dps
>>
>>716625
yeah, I main spear but I like to keep a ranged weapon in my second slot for when a boss is in some sort of AOE that I can't be close for or the healer is dead / I'm on last life and don't want to risk point blank for whatever reason. Considered hatchet but it seemed kind of redundant to my spear even with all the throwing stuff. Just wondering if musket does a strong amount of DPS for those scenarios or if it's completely worthless and I'd be better off with bow / blunder.
>>
Is there any reason to ever wear all light armor? Seems like it's just wasted equip load = less resistances
>>
>>716653
light is actually the best of the three and it's not even close
>>
>>716698
what do you lose by having a med chest piece that makes 5 light better?
>>
>>716702
Only reason to wear 5 light is if you play sword and shield
>>
>>716653
All that matters is your equip weight, the best armor in while still light is med chest light everything else
>>
What are some good weapons and builds? before I stopped playing I was using musket/rapier is that still good?
>>
>>716922
Musket/rapier is good but only for sniping basically, I'd try spear rapier if you want to try out melee, bow is also extremely op
>>
>>716630
Bow is solid for this.
Musket is fine for PVP because boom headshot but a weapon style with fuckloads of downtime is bad for hp spongefests.
>>
What is the best part of new world?
>>
>>716971
the atmosphere
>>
>>716971
Indian shills memes.
>>
im baffled by the fact that the chat is so shit in this game.
you know those basic things in wow, or every mmo really, where your basic talk appears as a bubble above your head, and to people nearby ?
or you click on another driver to select them/ whisper?

how is that the first thing you implement in an mmo is beyond me. A player walks past me, and its a nightmare to actually say something to them. It just boggles my mind that the game doesnt have this at ground zero.
>>
>>717370
Any public thing you say is in a bubble above you though??? You don't click on people because there's no cursor decouple except in menu, they have point + h as the substitute for that. Not that it matters because you should be speaking in voice chat, not autistically typing to the person right next to you
>>
>>717370
You just hit the h key...
>>
>>716971
pvp
>>
>"LF1M temp dps pay 2k"
>message I'm interested (don't care about the money, just want to run the expo)
>lobby has 3 people at like 550GS, 1 person at 470, then me at 600
>expo starts, guy tells me to pay him 2k to DPS in the expo
what is this dude smoking, they aren't equipped to do a carry run, there are no more orbs, yet they think they can charge people for a slot in their expo run?
>>
>>717735
Wtf lmao, please tell me you didn't pay for that.
>>
File: file.png (361 KB, 376x577)
361 KB
361 KB PNG
>>717737
of course not. actually on inspection it's much worse, they each paid 2k to the tank for a run, the tank being a 550. idk how he planned to lead 4 scrubs through tempest all by himself...
>>
>>717738
>idk how he planned to lead 4 scrubs through tempest all by himself...
why didnt you say that instead "lol what"
>>
>>717738
kek wtf, I've never even paid for a m10 run
>>
Anyone else having problems getting the Death Beckoning twitch drop? I keep getting "Error Occurred Drop was not claimed."
>>
>>717740
didn't realize that's what it was until after the fact, initially thought they were together or something and wanted the person who took the last spot to pay for it, which is a complete joke.
>>
File: 55ba87b8dd0895c81c8b4581.png (558 KB, 1106x1012)
558 KB
558 KB PNG
>>717742
I'm locked out of my twitch account
>>
>have to have this nigger playing in the background to get free hats ingame
I dot have to have twitch in the foreground right? I can mute in the background?
>>
>>717768
it has to be in it's own window but yeah you can have it at 360p, muted, and in the background (not minimized, I think anyway)
>>
>>717768
mute, 160p. must be in it's own window and not minimized, hidden behind other windows is fine
>>
Just came back to the game, anyone here playing on Yggdrasil?
>>
New World fresh start servers November 2nd
>>
WE RETURN TO NEW WORLD ON NOVEMBER 2nd
>>
File: file.png (300 KB, 2118x648)
300 KB
300 KB PNG
dex bros, how we feeling with these new amulets and earrings? Not sure if Mayhem is better than this one or not, but the amulets are all direct upgrades in the named drop category
>>
>>718006
>>718017
Why would they wait so fucking long after the update? They are legitimately retarded.
>>
>>718221
so they can iron out all the new player experience bugs before they create the new player servers. Also anyone already 60 has no valid reason to play on them, and by delaying them 2 weeks all the grass is greener tards may find they'd rather play brimstone now, then stomp newbies
>>
they caved into fresh start shitters... the death of the community is now marked on a date.
>>
>>718059
P good, especially if you aren't geared yet
>>
>>718274
Don't care. PvP servers or no reinstall, Dupinder
>>
>>718409
fuck off idiot
>>
>>718413
Please to be pooing in loo, good sir
>>
So will this game go on sale foe the expansion or new servers?
>>
>>718230
>grass is greener tards may find they'd rather play brimstone now, then stomp newbies
nope they will be bored with brimstone by the time the fresh servers come so they can still stomp the noobs and fuck the economy if youre rolling fresh you are retarded
>>
>>718479
No, the game is only 40 bucks anyway I'm pretty sure
>>
Im only level 16 but I'm really enjoying the freedom of being able to switch weapons and combat styles on the fly.
This is a huge plus for me where I would normally have to constantly re-roll to try things and eventually get bored. Now I can switch shit up just because.

Whats a good pairing for the war hammer thematically? I tried hammer + spear but I dont like having 2 two-handers equipped.
I've tried WH + Blunderbuss. Smash into the ground then shutgun their faces. Pretty good.
I've tried WH + Hatchet. Knock em down then get hacking but the startup is a bit slow and it's almost always better to just keep hammering.
I've tried bow + hatchet/spear. Get them low then go feral when they get into melee but I prefer the WH aesthetically.
>>
>>718505
WH+GA
WH+S&S
WH+BB

Can't go wrong with any of them really.
>>
I'm just gonna play when the expac drops.
Not waiting even longer for faggot "fresh" servers that will likely be a mess anyway.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.