[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 37 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

File: 1648877673617.jpg (3.3 MB, 3346x3039)
3.3 MB
3.3 MB JPG
Would you /vm/tards be interested in a RPPvEvP Project Zomboid server?
Modded but nothing outlandish.
Only rule would be not to kill on first sight and establish hostilities or partnerships before deciding to openly be a murderhobo. RP would be nice and is encouraged but not mandatory and is only there so not everyone is a griefer.

As admin I'd try to do server events like turning electricity back on, custom horde events/nights, "NPC" raiders(hired players to grief others but not overkitted) or military/government aid(supply drops with medical items or weapons/food)

Would probably do insane zombie population with 3% sprinters.

Safehouses off.

2x reading speed since no sleep required, 2x exp gain.

Depending on if a community gets established or how much progress has been made on the server I'd wipe it once every month or so.
>>
>>671540
I'd be interested, have wanted to get back into zomboid for awhile now
>safehouses off
What does this mean? Just no bases? Never played multi so I'm not sure
>>
>>671551
>What does this mean? Just no bases? Never played multi so I'm not sure
Means players can't claim a safehouse which means they can't respawn there and it can be 'trespassed' in by other players.
If you properly fortify your base then it shouldn't be an issue if it's off.
But it can still be destroyed(sledgehammer, explosives, fire, high carpentry or just beating at the walls/doors with blunt tools/axes), and I will also be turning fire off except for specific events since fire is uncontrollable and the easiest grief tool.
>>
>>671540
sounds cool enough, never liked PvP in zomboid anyhow

vanilla or modded?
>>
>>671540
what about jannies? Who can give out bans and why?
>>
>>671540
I like your ideas about certain aspects of the game for balance issues. But you should still wait till there is a another big update till you try to establish a server. You can try to do one now but it will probably die pretty quick. Believe me when I was still lurking the /vg/ threads, many anons tried but they all died out after a few hours. There is not enough interest in the game currently for fueling a chan server. Mostly because of balancing issues around MP many anons probably still play in sp while waiting for the next big update. TLDR; Make a server when the next big update drops and advertise it here and on the /vg/ threads that will pop up. Just watch out for one autist that constantly shills for his bloated modded server (and when I say bloated I'm not exaggerating he is so autistic that he didn't want to remove music mods even though they were causing problems for anons who were trying to join his server). He is also very petty and shzio about server competition and will likely try to subvert the thread for personal reasons and try to undermine other people trying to advertise.
>>
does anyone want a steam key? i got the 4 friend pack a few hours ago and i only have one friend lol so i have 2 left. i could make a 10min email to send you it or whatever ill check back in awhile
>>
File: Untitled.png (543 KB, 890x671)
543 KB
543 KB PNG
>>675091
forgot to put this
>>
>>675091
yo, you should send one to coolemail2964@gmail.com if you still got it.
would appreciate it
>>
>>675138
Sure. Standby
>>
>>671540
>No sleep required
Sounds lame.
>>
aaah im so bored and want to play zomboid!
>>
>>675348
ty bro you a real one
>>
server when?
>>
File: 1566121037175.png (192 KB, 487x304)
192 KB
192 KB PNG
>>672605
I'm pretty sure that schizo is mydoom, the same faggot who subverted Sur/v/ivor by convincing the host to let him pay for a dedicated server and then immediately falseflagging him to remove him as the owner. You can't trust anyone here, the chance of them being a power hungry autist is too high. This is why we can't have nice things.
>>
>>675091
can I have one too? lyssarzrmusic@gmail.com
>>
>>671540
I'm in. I've got a group of guys looking for a game and a server to play on since Eco got stale.
>>
>>671540
I'll do it if you make the server.
>>
>>671540
Make it, I dont want to play with randos. Right now theres no 4chan server
>>
>>676104
sure dude
>>
What mods?
>>
>>671540
Rape mod when?
>>
im interested. i only have like 3 hours in the game though.
>>
sounds fun i'd play
>>
as a /pzg/ alumni i have a new fren that wants to experience the multiplayer so i'm in
>>
>>671540
A ERPvPvE server? Count me in!
>>
>>672605

Sur/v/ivor Server Season 8 "Fresh wipe for 41.73"
/vg/ Server since forever
IP: 70.80.210.130
Port: 17200

> Expanded Gameplay / 3% Sprinters, Custom loot setting / Custom spawn / Still feel vanilla.
> No wipe / Safehouse / No sleep / PVP / Faction / Fast read.
> Some mods made by us retard just for this server, include music pack "2gb" and More Builds.
> Firearms B41 / No brita bloat shit
> Modded city / Hard "dungeons" / vanilla expanded city
> Modded cars but nothing OP. With RV interior for extreme comfyness
> More clothings and bags.
> Lot's of QoL Mods. Interface, Write on Maps, Chat bubble, Manage containers, Prisonner and many many more.

FAQ
>The server has too many mods !
= Lazy dev and no endgame. Modlist was curated with months of autistic screeching to be balanced.

>I cant connect. "File doesn't match the one..."
=A mod updated, Server reboot every time a mod update automatically. Wait 10 min.
=If it's a mod error, unsub and sub again to the mod referenced in the error message.

>The modlist is too big for my shit tier internet reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
= it's worth it. Git Gud. Musics make the game way better.

> PVP ? Noooooooo i can't play i want a comfy server !
=PVP is rare. Barely anyone actively hunt other players.
>>
>>678112
is it okay if I join later if im pretty much brand new to the game?
>>
>>678237
yes
>>
>>678237
Sure. we can teach you some tricks. The learning curve in this game is pretty high but very rewarding. I don't expect this server to get many players too.
>>
>>678255
>>678280
thanks, ill hop in to mess around for a bit.
>>
File: rekt.png (14 KB, 248x44)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
>>
>>678237
Janny's server is pretty noob friendly.
If I was running a server I would put it on a lot of sprinters, apocalypse settings with bites only, and revel in the bloodbath as I got a bunch of noobs to play
>>
>>678409
If we get more players, i will up the difficulty every week.
>>
>>678112
>Fresh wipe for 41.73
>No wipe
also while responding to the post warning people about your faggotry is a powermove, it's also a dumb powermove
>>
File: big sad.jpg (26 KB, 611x337)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>671540
Finally retired here huh? Kinda miss /pzg/ to be honest.
>>
>>678112
failed to establish p2p connection with server. 0/32 players online.
>>
>>678112
maybe it's time to let the server die? idk just saying
>>
File: 1633895820625.jpg (165 KB, 982x1080)
165 KB
165 KB JPG
season 8 is dead.
>>
41.73 fixed cars
My biggest issue was the black boxes when riding in cars and the extreme lag, no matter what server.
I can finally be lazy and not have to drive myself everywhere
>>
>>679198
it will be fine, in this case i blame the janny for the tortanic amount of mods. who tf wants to download 5gb to join a empty server?
see you again in, at least 2 more weeks :)
>>
File: 1659643135567831.jpg (43 KB, 720x707)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
Love this game, you are all stand in npc until they get released
>>
>>671540
i wanna play but not the shitty tranny bloated server, that retard admin got his clique of insufferable faggots for whom he kept adding mods for like shitty music.
anyways i dont see this game or a server about it surviving more than 2 weeks without a wipe, it just gets too boring and easy real quick.
>>
>>679317
Rust is 2 threads down on the left
>>
>>679325
>l-le rust!
nvm the clique faggots are here it seems, go back to your discord you tranny
>>
>>679332
>wants vanilla servers that wipe every 2 weeks
you wouldn't be able to build a character in this amount of time, do you also want to just rdm in spawn towns?
>>
>>679334
you can build a character in a single day you stupid tranny.
>muh rdm
holy shit do you want a survival server or a tranny daycare? stop posting anytime.
>>
>>679339
both, why do you think new india was a thing fag?
>>
>>679369
>l-le new india
stfu about your tranny town that was built by your boyfriend that you were spawning resources for you stupid nigger janny.
>>
File: 1659252907013489.png (132 KB, 680x680)
132 KB
132 KB PNG
>>679411
here we see an exhibit of an (the only?) pzg schizo in action.
Fascinating
>>
>>679317
i agree with this, fuck troonópolis, i'd rather not play if that's the only choice
>>
>>675091
would highly appreciate it so i can stop pirating everytime there is a new update big4guys666@gmail.com
>>
>>679317
It's way more interesting to broadcast music over the radio, doesn't require a download for the server users either, but since radio can be tracked the usual hugbox players that like that stuff won't do it.
-chad post apocalyptic radio dj role player
>>
>>679763
Let's go for this
>>
>>679763
why not both?
Also radio has limited range and won't cover the entire map without some sort of mod mod.
>>
>>679862
>take over the abandoned radio tower
>or use all that metalworking and electronics you've grinded for to turn the neighborhood's bathroom decor, folding chairs, and kitchen appliances into your very own makeshift antenna
>rock and roll from your comfy pirate radio base
would be a pretty based mod
>>
>>>/vg/395646176
>>
The heavily modded server has RV and bus interiors. Anyone wanna make a traveleling base gang with me or are just gonna sit on here hating on the only online server?
>>
Gonna give this server a try. Is there any tips about things the mods change that I should know?
>>
>>679763
So practical steps needed to do this:
>HAM radio, electronic shop in Louisville has them
>Stockpile of cassettes
>safehouse barricaded well
>mostly central location
I've managed to find enough tapes to make this worth it and I'm working on figuring out a good location in the city.
>>
>>
>>671540
2.0 fags would never
>>
>>680065
lmaooo, never bake again you 3.0 schizotroonos.
this is now your containment thread
>>
Tourist here, what's the big issue with 3.0, exactly? I'm hearing a lot of drama about it in these threads, but I don't actually get what's so bad in comparison to what I'm assuming is previous versions
>>
>>680915
retarded admin is about it
>>
>>680916
So it's not a matter about gameplay, but about the playerbase?
>>
>>680920
correct.
"3.0" is the name of the server, he went from 1.0 to 2.0 to 3.0 with each version being shittier due to mod bloat and him being a general cunt unless you're his discord buddy.
>>
>>680915
see >>680795 re: mod bloat
>>
File: 1345214306664.png (259 KB, 640x480)
259 KB
259 KB PNG
>>680915
The issue honestly boils down to people disagreeing on what the server should be like, giving all kinds of suggestions to what the server should be and janny tries to appease as many people as he can and end up making no one happy and no one on the server.
>>
>>680933
Fucking this
>>
File: sheeit.gif (3.64 MB, 498x300)
3.64 MB
3.64 MB GIF
>>680922
wtf i knew the janny was always the same person
>>
File: 1655388106560.gif (718 KB, 500x384)
718 KB
718 KB GIF
Throwing up a vanilla server.

Depending on interest, will add 'essential' mods.
Probably no gun mods though or anything that breaks balance.

IP: 192.169.84.116
Port: 17200
Name: Project /vm/oid
Password: rage

26 player cap for now.
Fire disabled, PvP enabled, safehouses disabled.
Insane zombie pop.(i'd like the mod that lets me customize sprinters in and would do like 3% sprinters)
Extra 8 points at character creation.

Think that's all I know for now. I ain't tested nothing so let me know if it even works.
>>
>>680949
if this is not a fbi ip i'll try joining tomorrow
>>
>>680915
> janny enables PVP due to constant complaining and nostalgia goggles
> in a PVE server long enough where 90% of the regulars have grown used to friendly company
> PVPers know there will be no action or fear in a friendly community, don't join
> nigger decides now to go to new india and disassembles every storage unit available
> during PVP period and not at literally any other point where it was always possible
> PVEers blame PVPers, now they are PVniggers
> PVniggers retailiate with the PVEr's fear of dying and losing progress, now they are PVEtrannies
>>
>>680955
If I catch any ERPtrannies I'm going to blow their brains out, and burn all of their stuff down
>>
>>680954
See you tomorrow.
Said the glownigger
>>
>>680957
the only erper is senor fuk
>>
File: 1653126821680.jpg (33 KB, 350x293)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
NPC when indiestone
what the fucking fuck
at least give me the bvllballs
what have you done with the fuckin russian NPC mod guy?
>>
>>680997
they hired him to stop him from releasing NPCs
and now they'll pay him but release their own, shittier version of NPCs
>>
File: 1653121462365.jpg (59 KB, 600x611)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>680998
they made him work on FISHING ANIMATIONS
that STILL aren't in the game
>>
>>680988
rape erp when mrfuk? I didn't get the chance in december
>>
File: 1657482374830.jpg (37 KB, 600x663)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>2054
>5 more years estimated until star citizen comes out
>Zomboid has NPCs finally
>mods come out months later
>am able to finger butthole of female (male) survivors
>am able to set up stationary guards like conan
>am able to equip with loot I have looted from vanilla gear(all clothing mods have been VERBOTEN as breach of terms of service)
>Load in, try to push a zigger down
>YOU HAVE BEEN BANNED DUE TO THOUGHT CRIMES AGAINST WOMEN (it was clearly a male zigger wearing a bra)
>Try to join a frens custom serb
>VAC BAN ON ACCOUNT
>download pirated version, do sorcery to join frens steam server
>their farming run has not had a single zigger approach their farm for 3 in game years
>any zombie near them has slowed down to 15% movement speed
>loot respawns every 12 ingame hours
>want to scream
>there is no screaming
>at least there are no mods on this server
>>
>>681028
you ok?
>>
>>680999
fishing is part of muh wildlife update bro
take some more copium the promised time is almost here
i say in december we'll get npcs
>>
>>681028
I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream.
>>
i'm gonna burn loo vill to the fuckin ground

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.