[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 79 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

What are you naming your ship? For me, it's gonna be the Black Sun. Translate it to Latin.
>>
>>670000
>Discord where barely anybody ever plays the game
>>
>>670017
>capitalizing in a green text
Newfag.
>>
i thought merchant alliance rep grinding was bad.
oh fuck me order of souls is awful. you get barely any rep from skulls and the 'cash in' location always being fucking cancer on outposts is pain.
if you don't find a chest on your travels you end up spending upwards of 10 mins carrying skulls one by one to cash in and inevitably having someone spot your vunerable ass and come charging over which leads to a half an hour chase until they give up.
at least merchants cash in was on the docks but solo slooping is cancer for this shit.
>>
>>670035
kys newfag
>>
File: 1244.png (67 KB, 1083x705)
67 KB
67 KB PNG
The season 8 emporium set just got revealed
>>
>>670118
you did capitalize in a greentext.
>>
>>670110
This game is godawful playing solo.

>>670175
>HE DOESN'T USE ALL CAPS AT ALL TIMES
CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL, FOOL
>>
>>670110
get a harpoon rowboat my nigga
>load all skulls in rowboat
>row to shore of outpost
>harpoon pull yourself right next to the OOS location
>keg/blunder bomb the boat to destroy it
>sell your shit in a minute or two
exceptions being dagger tooth/morrow's peak since they're elevated and would take a retarded amount of extra time harpooning over to the representative
>>
>>670179
120 hours in and always been solo. i clicked that 'open crew' button once and never again.
Really looking forward to captaincy though. tricking out my boat's gonna be neato
>>
File: Screenshot_41.png (630 KB, 811x468)
630 KB
630 KB PNG
what the fuck? cheaterbros, is this part of your arsenal?
>>
>>670510
invisible names? Yup
>>
File: JermaSus.jpg (22 KB, 360x360)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>670128
>>
File: 55434323.png (1.19 MB, 1423x692)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB PNG
Another win for the discord trannies. Solo/open crew cucks BTFO
>>
File: 1621070195579.png (381 KB, 430x410)
381 KB
381 KB PNG
>Try doing solo sloop, thought it would be nice to play the negotiation game
>Become the decoy for an Athena brig
>They share the loot, but I'm just trying to do my voyage
>Finally get to the vault key as a DA sails brig rolls up to ruin my day
At this point I'm just going to try to grind commendations and quit when I'm done, arena should have stayed its own thing.
>>
>>670746
What does Arena have to do with anything?
>>
File: pirate stats.png (1016 KB, 1013x819)
1016 KB
1016 KB PNG
Post stats lads
>>
File: file.png (3.39 MB, 1862x1658)
3.39 MB
3.39 MB PNG
>>670986
I think both yours and my Distance Sailed stats are fucked, because most people I've seen have a fraction of that.
>>
>>670986
>Times vomited
>420
kek
>>
>>670994
I spent alot of time puking on people in the arena tavern lol
>>
>>670986
None of these stats are accurate. I know damn well I have sank more ships, and I know I have sold over 4000 chests. The only one that is right is miles.
>>
File: 20220801_022748.jpg (1.49 MB, 3862x1989)
1.49 MB
1.49 MB JPG
>>671016
Actual chest stats.
>>
>>671019
Those are crates not chests lol
>>
File: piratestats.png (1.47 MB, 1329x1007)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB PNG
Im level 40 order of souls now 'yay'. i spent a lot of time playing arena back when it was open but my stats are newbie-tier to the rest of you
>>
>>671245
Also whoever gave me that tip about the harpoon rowboat thanks man. managed to massively speed up my cashing in of skulls. managed to fully cash and log out just as a full reaper galleon came server-hopping out of a portal direct towards me. if i was doing it any slower id be 11 hours of work out of fuck
>>
How do people play this solo, seems like hell to have to watch your back and sell all the loot yourself.
>>
>>671258
Many, many, many hours of getting your shit pushed in, then some more hours of getting your shit pushed in. And then, eventually, you get slightly better at sailing solo and defending your shit.
>>
>>671247
np anon, it's saved my ass countless times as a solofag; it's even better for turning shit in at reapers when you're doing reaper runs
>>671258
Unironically be a paranoid schizo, just check the horizon every few minutes. Also:
>familiarize yourself with key sounds like someone boarding or someone being launched from a cannon
>learn how to use the harpoons and do tight harpoon turns
>be good at sail management and pre-planning your path so your ship can move in your desired direction while you're on cannons/repairs
>stock the fuck up on cursed balls and supplies in general, it's hell on earth if you're caught with your pants down and lacking munitions
>avoid repairing unless absolutely necessary or you have 30s-1m breathing room, just bail as you go
>use harpoon rowboat to bring your loot next to a representative and sell it fast. Don't stack it in the boat UNTIL you're ready to sell, a tucker can steal it all or the boat can detach if shot at by cannons enough times
>if you care about loot at all, avoid stacking large amounts, the pain is less if you lost less. >Avoid running from pvp unless you know you can't win (e.g. minimal supplies)
>use your mic; 2/3 of sketchy encounters I've had turned out to be friendly because we could talk to each other
As far as pvp goes when solo, you NEED to get good at naval, so practice your cannon aim and maneuvering. I don't bother wasting firebombs on sloops unless they're new and get distracted trying to fix a minor hole
>when first engaging a ship, aim for their cannons to kill their cannoneer or keep them off the cannons; then chainshot their masts/wheel/capstan
>keep your distance, you should always keep out of range as best you can from brigs/galleys.
>DO NOT leave your sloop to board unless you're confident you've fully disabled the enemy. If you fall off and they board, it's p much game over for a solo
Solo is hard mode but you put yourself in a fantastic position for learning how to manage a ship
>>
>>671268
Fucked up the formatting a bit but regarding firebombs:
>Use them against brigs and galleys in particular, fire is a menace for galleys. I don't bother wasting firebombs on sloops unless they're new and get distracted trying to fix a minor hole
>Fighting a brig? Keep firing consistently at their deck and put pressure on them. Brigs are the fastest ship in the game but also sink the fastest. Their relatively flat upper deck makes them vulnerable to cannon shots.
>Fighting a galley? Kill cannoneers if you can, and alternate between lower and mid deck holes. A lot of crews don't bother fixing mid deck until lower deck is fully submerged. Ballastballs are a kill shot for a galley with a submerged lower deck and mid deck holes.
>Use green curse balls if you find yourself getting into an enemy's direct broadside and aim for the cannons
>>
File: mr.png (1.06 MB, 912x801)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB PNG
>>671016
the duality of pvp vs pve lords
>>
>>671002
Wasn't much else to do right
>>
>>671264
>Many, many, many hours of getting your shit pushed in
I've put like 200 hours just solo and I've gotten my shit pushed in and had a bad time like three times total.
Cuz if I don't want to fight or see any advantage I can take I just leave.
Unloading loot is definitely slower and thanks to the buggy respawn system if you die you sink and that's that, but other than that it's really not that hard.
>>
>>670110

Just do the ashen ones, half the time the geysers will kill everything and you just grab the skulls and move on avoiding eruptions.
>>
>>671245
>i spent alot of time playing arena
>32 ship sinks
>>
>>671384
oh i absolutely know. barely anyone goes near the devils roar it seems, made some really good progress yesterday.
>>671391
You'd be suprised how little combat there actually was in arena sloops. it was basically sailing around digging up crates before taking them to a cash-in point while 4 other ships fought in the distance.
this was 9/10 times in every arena match i played
>>
File: 20220731205340_1.jpg (133 KB, 1920x1080)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
side-note. i saw this shit yesterday. ive never seen two reapers chests right next to each other. got them and cashed them in of course but how unusual is this? ive never seen it before.
>>
>>671529
It's fairly uncommon but I've seen it happen several times myself.
>>
>>670110
Just do fleets to raise your OOS
>>
>>671527
Reaper player here, you're right. Even if we see a ship out there, it has to be the only thing on the server for us to bother going into Devils Roar
>>
>>670110
OOS could use a new voyage type or two, or at least update existing voyages to be less godawful. Make the minimum number of skulls on an island 2 or 3 instead of hopping across 6 or huge 7 islands each with one captain. Ideas for voyage types? For me:
>Skelly ship bounty, go around finding a designated sloop, drops less loot than normal world event skelly sloops and only drops skulls
>Crypt finding - search for a couple summoning pieces to bring to a designated inactive skelly fort - you summon a weaker skeleton lord protected by a couple captains, all drop premium skulls
>Mystery solving - find skulls of prominent captains that went missing. Same mechanics as ferryman’s lantern TT, dig up 3 or 4 crew skulls, fight off a wave or 3 of skeletons, then dig up captain’s skull
>>
>join open crew brig
>there's nobody on ship which is freshly spawned from scuttle, athena mask next to wheel
>someone tells me to sail towards the veil tornado
>okay sure
>on the way there someone else joins
>Get there, athena ends, my crew member was on a sloop helping alliance sloop finish athena
>get brigged, random who joined is in Xbox party with other crewmate
>they want me to leave so they can bring a friend or girlfriend or something
>tell them i'm not leaving until they sell
>they flame me for like 45 minutes, tell me they're never selling, drop alliance flag, sail away on (formerly) allianced sloop
>they try some hijinks, burying treasure and scuttling ship so I couldn't reference where they buried it(lel)
>disconnect for like 7-8 minutes, come back
>they've gone to the outpost where they buried it, alliance flag is back up and they're midway through digging up all the treasure to sell
>they sell
>received 24 hr communication's ban because they mass reported me and it's probably automated
worth it
>>
>>671880
I'd rather play alone than with faggot randos
>>
>>671880
Why the fuck keep their crew open if they are going to be like that?
>>
>>671891
if I have to lowman for any reason, usually I'll open the crew and if they look like they suck and don't have a mic I instant brig them. Unfortunately the same bad players you instantly brig generally don't get the impression that they're not wanted, and they'll play music for 20 minutes before leaving
>>
>>671896
Literally don't waste your and their time nigga.
>>
>>671896
>this weird assumption about shit when I literally gave you the reason
Nah these kids were non pirate legends, sloop players were instructing them, didn't even know when they left and sailed to the outpost on the sloop that I could see all the treasure they were burying until I told them so they tried to scuttle the ship lol, before that they didn't know I could see the map from the brig and where the alliance ship had first gone to try and bury treasure.

some golden points from it all since you asked
>immediately after brigging me they say they can't even let me out of the brig so I might as well leave, tell them that's weird to try to lie about, they sperg and say I must be new because there's a timer on the brig and they can't let me out
>guy thought he was in closed crew and inviting only friends/people through the xbox live LFG
>they claim i'm holding them hostage after like 30 minutes
>that I take the game too seriously while tabbed out in the brig
>they're literally attacking every thing about me they could think of from my username to what I must be like irl
>one of them is 18 and working at tesla living in a million dollar house(yes he literally said this lol) while I am clearly a no life etc
>that I'm punking 18 year olds(they halfway acknowledging they're retarded or something?

bonus round
>when they sold and left they messaged me telling me gg I just wasted my time haha etc
>found some treasure they didn't dig up because they scuttled and lost the maps and didn't look hard enough
>told them this and stopped selling, invited them back
>they call me a liar
>say they're reporting me for voice harassment even though I only used my mic in the beginning to ask them what we were doing and why I was being brigged when I got brigged, immediately had to turn down sound when I said I wasn't leaving because they sperged fucking hard

Look man I'm an old school fuckhead, these zoom zoomies can't argue their way out of a paper bag
>>
>>671566
All great ideas
>>
>>671880
>>671920
>Hahaha I, a grown man, wasted an hour+ of my time to mildly inconvenience some children!
You really think you come off as the good guy in this and not a total spastic, don't you?
>>
>>671529
I've gotten them both off the same wreck on 2 separate occasions. Very rare.
>>671566
>>Crypt finding - search for a couple summoning pieces to bring to a designated inactive skelly fort - you summon a weaker skeleton lord protected by a couple captains, all drop premium skulls
They used to have a voyage where you go dig up some gifts or a Reaper chest (idr) and stronghold kegs and a Lord would pop up at the last dig you could fight, but if you died he 50% disappeared. You'd go to 3 close forts to dig them up. I liked it and often did the voyage if I saw L1 reapers doing stuff. I'd get the kegs and set them up at the Hideout to chain explode and sink their ship. Worked for me twice. This was when the Reaper chests were new.
>>
>>671944
>it's okay to be rude to random people and then be increasingly disrespectful and harass them when they relatively passively force you to have to deal with the consequences of being a shitty person

I know I was being a dickhead wasting some dickheads time, why do you need to pretend like the stupid zoomer kids I fucked with were in any way correct either? What a stupid bitch you are dude, reflect on it. Some people just do shit for the fun of it and upsetting toxic retards like you probably are who don't believe they're toxic is fucking hilarious. Play stupid games win stupid prizes, maybe next time they won't immediately brig someone after the work is done instead of asking them to hop for a friend who's suddenly available or better yet maybe just learn how to closed crew altogether. Being an asshole, I can comprehend that i'm an asshole and the retards I fucked with were retarded assholes too, can you comprehend that you're retarded?
>>
>>671944
Didn't read your greentext well enough so I'm going to doublepost for it
>grown man wasting time to inconveniencing some children
18 year olds aren't 'children' and you're being facetious, but facetiousness aside being grown I have a decent amount of free time having spent most of my 20s cementing this position for myself and it didn't come from playing video games at 18, if anything the 18 year olds are wasting their youth and lives playing video games while I - an established adult, have gained for myself the ability to actually 'waste' my time wasting someone else's time. You might have missed that little part at the end of my first post that said 'worth it' because having zoomers scream into the mic about how bald and fat I must be and then defaulting to having to report me to daddy xbox for communication abuse out of impotent rage is actually hilarious

tl;dr: zoom zoom little zoomie
>>
File: cunt.jpg (35 KB, 640x640)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>670035
>ESL pretending to be an oldfag
I bet you have been here all summer!
>>
>>671920
if you think PL means you're skilled, then you're a bad player lol, also there is a 5 minute or so brig timer
>>
>>672094
>There's a 5 minute bring timer
>This means you can never be let out

>Noobs are literally new
>This means they were skilled and brigged me for a good reason
Are you even human?
>>
File: Torrespirate.png (666 KB, 998x676)
666 KB
666 KB PNG
>>669995
Either the Alicorn or Thatcher's Car. Although I'd need the Barrel Bombardier set for the latter.
>>
>What are you naming your ship?
The Salty Prawn Shop
>>
So basically no one wants to have a serious ship name and is only going for memes.
>>
I'm naming my sloop Antelope after Barrett's Privateers, but I still need a few dozen more chests for the Silent Barnacle set, and I'm not looking forward to grinding even more for interior decorations
>>
>>672551
If you have the Silent Barnacle shipset you can buy those matching interior cosmetics. Each interior piece costs roughly three to four times what the normal ship parts cost.
>>
File: file.png (2.65 MB, 1995x1997)
2.65 MB
2.65 MB PNG
Alright boys, let's do it.
>>
File: guilty.png (565 KB, 853x480)
565 KB
565 KB PNG
I'm starting to think this guy isn't the jolly old specter he styles himself as.
>>
>>672548
The vast majority of the comments on Twitter are either puns, references, or people going with shit like Serpent's Embrace or The Abandoned or Ashen Blade. Real tryhard "Coldsteel the Hedgehog" shit like that.
So that's what I expect 95% of them to be.

I'm not sure yet if I want to go with a reference/historical ship or not yet. I was thinking the Acheron for a galleon, the Queen Anne's Revenge for a brig, and no idea yet for a sloop. Maybe something stupid that makes me laugh, like the Parrothead.
>>
Autism time.
What exactly makes Flameheart "evil"? All I could find was that he wants to tear down the border between the Sea of Thieves and the Sea of the Damned but is there anything else to it?
He basically just wants to expand the playable area, give pirates more stuff to loot/shoot up and crown himself King of the SoT, aka kick the Pirate Lord from his position. While all other factions are about treasure hunting, bounty collecting and trading, his Reapers are the only ones who are actually about Piracy and keep the Trade Companies from establishing a grip on the Sea.
Also did he even wrong anyone except Stitcher Jim and Wanda, a notoriously unloyal lowlife and a psychotic skeleton respectively?
>>
>>672869
Idk I just dig up chests and sell them, dude. Lmao.
>>
>>672869
It's a matter of perspective, but you do have some very valid points. The Pirate Lord sailed to the Sea of Thieves to escape the Grand Maritime Union and create a haven for all pirates. But now he's allowed the trading companies to be established and many people in the Sea are losing sight of what a pirate really is.

The Reapers' motto is "Pirates for all time", and they are all about getting back to the core of piracy. So really I don't think Flameheart is all that bad.
>>
>>672869
Flameheart's fundamental issue is that he wants piracy as a sea-wide removal of all restrictions and institutions, but only as a means to an end to put himself on top as "king" with all others beneath him, meanwhile Ramsey's alternative is a carefully curated expanse where pirates are allowed to do what they please (as long as it doesn't upset the status quo of course.) Ironically enough the friction between them may be what actually sets the Sea of Thieves on the path to true freedom, good and bad. The truth is that you shouldn't pick a side at all. The more pirates there are acting of their own accord means that the likelihood of any party becoming dominant becomes nonexistent.
>>
>>673007
Anarcho-Piratism
>>
am i being dumb or does this update seem like a bad investment or resources. it's cool theirs more ship cosmetics but what if you play in a crew and don't design the ship at all?
you're unlocking all these cosmetics but because you play with your friends you just don't use them.
>>
>>673262
It's not dumb because it's delivering many things people have been wanting for a very long time.
>>
>>673262
>this update isn't tailored to my needs and so it is a bad use of resources
Retard take but I'll bite. I quit the game when I first played because it lacked these very features. When it was announced, I signed up for Insider and logged 200 hour preparing for the update. Your wants and needs don't reflect the playerbases wants and needs, and even with friends you can still enjoy the cosmetics and grind. My only complaint on the friends-front is that crewmates don't earn progress towards their own cosmetics while crewing with a Captaincy ship.

All that aside, Rare has a massive team working on SoT. The team that worked on S07 was likely barebones by the time the "polish phase" came around and the ones who left the S07 team likely moved right on to making S08 about 2 months ago, hence the delays during the "polish phase"
>>
>>673270
like what?
>>673275
basically yeah, an update that focuses on something that one player will enjoy in a mostly team based game is kinda dumb no?
>on the friends-front is that crewmates don't earn progress towards their own cosmetics while crewing with a Captaincy ship.
Don't they pretty sure the trailer said otherwise, don't qoute me though i don't really care for this update.
not sure what you're getting at with the polish phase, not every update in a games life span will be good those are just the breaks.
>>
>>673289
>like what?
Literally all of it.
>>
>>673290
I don't see it.
>>
>>673292
So in that case I'll refer you back to the other anon's post of
>>
>>673295
hey if you didn't want to go into more depth about what you cared about you could have just not replied anon.
but basically yeah that's my perspective i'm not hiding that
>>
>>673289
>in a mostly team based game
>he thinks his experience reflects the whole
again, retard take but you've doubled down so you're probably an actual retard
>Don't they pretty sure the trailer said otherwise
ESL-kun, I did say I signed up for Insider right? You think, maybe, I know a bit more than you at this point? There was nothing about milestones being shared with crewmates in that video because it's not a feature.
>not sure what you're getting at with the polish phase
It was clear that you don't understand code development pipelines before you said this but thank you for clarifying.

The first 4 words of your OP
>am i being dumb
are a mantra you should repeat again and again until it sinks in that you are, in fact, being dumb. No one will be able to explain why this is a good feature because you're too dumb to grasp another persons viewpoint without being spoonfed.
>>
>>673300
you seem pretty spergy for no reason man, yeah I play this games my friends and I think this game caters to more team play than solo play.
look I get you're a big hotshot insider who knows everything but maybe watch their recent videos about this season you can earn it as a captain or a member of a crew.
i told you im not sure what you're getting at because it made no sense in context, it's like me telling you about my favorite fruit (apple by the way) and then saying ahh you don't get the crispness of apple.

You should relax man. It was a question not a declaration that this patch was shit it's nice you and that other guy a super into it even if you wont really say why.
>>
>>673310
You're asking retarded questions and lack any understanding of the basic processes that go into making these updates, yet at the same time think your opinion is somehow valid and that it should steer the course of the game. You also want something that's been discussed publicly over and over again to be spoonfed to you. The only sperg here is you, and you should go back to wherever it is you came from.
>>
>>673318
I'm asking how other people feel about the update, what else would this thread talk about?
You're projecting a lot of this onto my post, when did I say I could do a better job than rare.
Did some reaper 5 hopper just sink you after a 10 hour stack, you seem awfully upset at me when I just asked your opinion on the new patch. I even corrected you free of charge for your misnomer about the milestones isn't that spoonfeding?
You really too cool to just say what you like about an update?
>>
>>673322
Constantly repeating "You seem upset" while being extremely defensive is not how you win an argument.
>>
>>673323
What argument exactly and you do anon sorry.
>>
File: billy rip.gif (460 KB, 352x240)
460 KB
460 KB GIF
>Go to Ashen Lord as Reaper 5 and get rid of the noob sloop sitting on it
>waste 10 minutes and most of our ammo fighting off the sloop 2 more times and a random brig
>Athena 1 Galleon shows up right after we picked through the wreckage
>Only guy steering it says hello, comes on board to dump cannonballs in our hold and quits after some smalltalk
>move to my first ever FoF and clear off the brig sitting on it
>Another fucking Athena Galleon shows up out of nowhere
>Broker alliance, promising them the Athena loot
>both sides sketched out by the other but continue working together, sight of 2 ships at FoF together made everyone else steer clear
>fighting skeletons for a mindnumbing eternity brings out comradery, split everything up as promised and sell at our respective factions
>250k raw profit
I love you bastards, wherever you may be now.

Should I use it to buy a Sloop or a Brig tomorrow? I like solo slooping every now and then but when I play with friends we're always in a Brig or Galleon.
>>
>>673477
I'm guessing you are poor as shit and can only afford one and not both, so in that case I'd go with the sloop, since with any luck one of your friends will buy one of the others.
>>
>>673477
Brigs are the best ship, but sloops are getting a few buffs, so pick whatever you prefer honestly.
If you want you can just pick one and ask one of your friends to buy the other so you don't wrestle over captaincy when you sail in the ship you both own
>>
>>673275
Captaincy is going to suck. Unless you have a group of friends you play with and agree to cycle through each others ships to earn the rewards/achievements. Otherwise it'll just be
>Start Captaincy ship open crew
>Good players join up
>Get a nice voyage done, treasure aboard
>Someone quits
>New player joins while we're off the ship
>New player sees whats going on and where they are
>Get popup of our emissary lost due to ship sinking
>loots gone with the rowboat somewhere
>New player quits
>Rest of crew quits
>2 hours of your life wasted
Captaincy. Oh don't play open crew you say? Well good luck defending your ship all alone then.
>>
>>673535
Are you ok? Do you need to talk to someone?
>>
>>673535
these are the same people who refuse to use any forms of communication outside the game as it is for transgenders and they are definitely not transgender
>>
>>673535
Yea I agree with you.
>>
>>673300

The deep dive said “milestones for captain and crew”.

I got hung up on that same phrasing because it makes it seem like it would if everyone owned a boat.

That said how long/how much shit is it going to take to get a second boat?
>>
>>670110
To level up souls easier, just do the sea forts - and skeleton captains. ghost skulls and gold skulls, that's how it works.
>>
File: kevin.png (390 KB, 393x477)
390 KB
390 KB PNG
Back in year one, when pirate legend was much more tedious to gain, I took particular joy in slowing down people's progress . One particular night I came across a sloop at Mermaid's Hideaway which was attempting to catch animals for merchant reputation. He didn't notice me board his mast, where I proceeded to watch him spend an hour trying to catch a golden chicken while dying to skeletons repeatedly. Eventually he caught the chicken and started to sail towards Golden Sands Outpost, however, before he could park I leaped out of his mast and killed him. I then spawn camped him for half an hour before he gave up on fighting and decided to just swim the chicken over. When he was halfway to shore I sniped him, leaving the chicken to drown in the water. He could never get past my blunder sword combo, and could not save it. Your business is that chicken slowly drowning in an oversaturated market, and for that reason I am out.
>>
>>673793
Kek
>>
File: 1658519618206601.jpg (98 KB, 990x973)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>673793
What a nigger
>>
Wen maint finished?
>>
>>673793
>snipe
>blunder sword combo
Doesn't add up. Otherwise 9/10 would read again.
>>
File: dzgdzj.png (1.38 MB, 1920x969)
1.38 MB
1.38 MB PNG
>>673827
Right now.
i was also thinking about 'lonesome road' but i think id end up getting sideways glances from fallout fans
>>
I need a name bros
>>
also to respond to that dude talking about crew-interaction earlier. you can allow crew to earn shit and apply customisation to the ship you're captaining if you want. so there's a 'friends ship' option i guess
>>
>>673854
Starlight Glimmer is better.
>>
>>673856
The Salty Devil. Beggers can't be choosers.
>>
>Login
>immediately find a Captain's Logbook floating
I hate that there's no option to "lower" or turn in your logbook when quitting.
>>
Are you all able to buy multiple ships (different type)? It bugs out for me when I try to buy a brig.

This is probably the worst update to the game and the total content is probably worth about an hour. 6 months for this. And we still don't have foxes.
>>
Quick warning. don't use mermaids er. ive had to reboot the game 5 times because ive used one to return to ship.
>>
File: 20220804222720_1.jpg (492 KB, 2560x1440)
492 KB
492 KB JPG
So is it only the mercenary stuff that is new?
The other commissions just gave me normal quests
>>
>>673873
>This is probably the worst update to the game and the total content is probably worth about an hour
we can only hope the next 6 month update is better
>>
>>673890
what does the mercenary stuff have you do?
>>
>>673858
>you can allow crew to earn shit
wait so I can cuck people out of milestones in open crew?
>>
File: BRinternetfight.jpg (78 KB, 650x426)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
So for all the cool trinkets you need to do everything you've already done, expect now on a 'captained' ship.

Amazing, I sure do really want to grind the same grind I already ground for this new shit update
>>
File: 1647361016531.png (686 KB, 615x913)
686 KB
686 KB PNG
>>673913
This patch offers a lot of cool QoL stuff like being able to buy more from an outpost, being able to sell all in one location, better ship customization. But yeah it feels lukewarm for a major patch especially when as you've pointed out they're asking you to do the same grind you've done before and they just pretend you haven't done it.

They cant even lie and say
>w-we never tracked this before!

because they did weird update overall a lot of stuff needed to happen but it wasn't really worth the delays I really wish they added the new ways to play and progress like they advertised in the season infographic.
>>
>>673925
I'm sort of ok with the grind, understanding they are supposed to be extremely long term goals, so it does make it feel underwhelming today though.

It did need a little more that we could do right now thouh.
>>
File: 20220804161908_1.jpg (227 KB, 1920x1080)
227 KB
227 KB JPG
Right. after a few hours my conclusions are that.
the captaincy shit is indeed cool but the soverigns 'sell in one place' and the ability to get supplies quickly and full-repair your ship is really great.
in other words i think this is just a 'flavor' patch but im so fucking glad they didn't add the auto-aim thing from the beta they were apparently testing.
i assume we'll get more content with this new 'adventure' shit.
im just really happy with the soverigns alone because having a good selling point is god-tier.
>>
>>673945
>he doesnt only sell to reapers
shitter
>>
>>673945
Has this change made the game bearable for solo players? I used to play solo but I hated solo selling so much I just stopped entirely.
>>
>>673951
They made several very important sloop buffs for solo players. Masts take two chainshots to knock down, reduced Ferry times for solo players, less knockback from cannonballs.
>>
>>673951
i managed to sell over 40 order of souls skulls and it didn't take me a decade.
it took about 2 mins.
so yes it's really helped
>>
Who's going to buy 15 ships for an achievement? Why would anyone want that many?
>>
>>673964
surely behind a grind that long is a cool cosmetic?
>>
>>673964
long-shot guess here. but on the roadmap they said 'role-play' expansions for season 8 so maybe RP people want to have a variety of brigs or something?
>>
File: 1634442476570.png (219 KB, 443x307)
219 KB
219 KB PNG
>Try out the new comissions quest thing
>Just gives me a veil
>"Oh well, might as well do it"
>Solo slooping at the time, decide to open crew
>It's a kid, oh fuck
>Kid is somewhat useful until the 3rd part of the quest, having to do both cannonballs and driving
>Get the chests and stuff
>Take the ship back to golden sands
>Dock the ship, grab the chest of legends and trade it to the sovereigns
>Kid starts screeching into his mic about "the rep", starts throwing scatter shots at me
>Tell him it's the exact same
>He's still freaking out
>Manage to trade in the athena stuff while he has a fit, have to kill him twice to get him off my back
>He comes back, drops the sails and takes off with the boat
I don't blame the kid for being retarded. I blame my retarded self for going open crew on day 1 of the patch.
>>
>>673998
We already know what Season 8 is.
>>
>>674020
What is it?
>>
File: 1658883894075346.png (1.47 MB, 1571x4990)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB PNG
>>674032
All PvP, all the time.
>>
>>674019
hahaa THE REP ANON
thanks for this anon i was going to open crew but now il literally do anything else.
>>
>>674033
Thanks for the info, mate. I was out for a while.
>>
>>674033
What the fuck I love Flameheart now?
>>
what is good to do solo in this game
>>
So no new commendations for captaincy? None at all?
I guess Rare thinks milestones are enough, but I'd prefer to get at least some achievable short term goals instead of just hundreds of "grind you ass off until the servers are shut down" accolades. You know, just a little 100 captains voyages here, some stool related stuff there, maybe something for turning in logbooks, something that isn't spending multiple real life days on fire/sleeping/sitting/staring at the fishing lure waiting for a bite.
>>
>>674112
There's like no PVP milestones I think they're saving it all for season 8.
>>
>>674093
Pretty much everything really. the game's quite solo-friendly. id reccomend starting with the tall tales if your a fresh start
>>
At least some of the milestones like voyages can be relatively easily cheesed. But some of this shit is going to take ages.
>>
>>673907
It's just a collection of all the trading company voyages rolled into one. Exactly like the standard pirate legend voyages.
>>
is the only way to get ashen voyages via athena and mercenary?
seems like a pain to get the athena bundle
>>
Why was this removed? You can't be telling me that spitting on someone is enough to hurt their feelings in a virtual pirate game.
>>
>>674315
People are pussies these days man, nothing we can do about it.
/shrug
>>
>>674315
It was determined to be too toxic.
>>
>>673951
just use harpoon rowboats lmao
>>
>>674347
You can now dock regular rowboats on the dock next to the sovereigns, so they're actually worth having now.
>>
These new respawn rates are insane, who playtested this? You kill someone and they are back faster than you can blink.

Its a nightmare to do any boarding now since you can't even be rezzed.
>>
>>674382
Time to finally get better at naval, bot.
>>
>>674382
Its only for solo sloops.
Before you just had to board till you got enemy killed once + camp respawn.
3+ players respawn timer should be nerfed tho
>>
>>674390
It wouldn't be that hard to just have it scale based on crew size. This would also be handy if someone on your crew randomly quits during a fight, at least as a slight compensation you'd get a slightly faster respawn till it gets filled.
>>
Lmao rare wants us to farm shit all over again for trinkets, also no pvp related trinkets, see you in season 8 i guess.
>>
Not sure if this was mentioned anywhere in the patch notes or I just got really lucky with stuff other crews ditched, but it looks like chests that wash up on random islands are barnacled now, so there's a third source of them besides shipwrecks and skeleton ships.
>>
Was gonna try this game, but I heard it's shit solo, and none of my friends are interested. Any resource for finding crews out there?
>>
>>673879
I keep getting whimsical errors when I try to buy from the shops. Must have nodded off try again later. Sorry I can't find that in my inventory right now.
>>
>>674509
Depends on what machine you're playing on. Discord for pc and xbox has their own thing I forget what its called. Solo is fine though, just takes longer to get shit done especially long voyages. Just jump into an open crew and if they suck try again. I try 3 times and if I don't get a good crew by then I solo.
>>
>>674495
That has been a thing since shrouded spoils over 2 years ago.
>>
>>674547
To add to this you can go diving around islands to find them aswell, look for the glint. Which is is how I did it, plus shipwrecks.
>>
>>674509
isn't there a discord for this thread?
>>
tell me if this is unusual. but grabbing the green flame from the death-ship and lighting my sloop with it. ive actually fooled people into thinking im a skeleton ship and ignoring me multiple times. have you cunts done this? or are the people on the servers i go to just retarded
>>
>>674634
I do it to meme sometimes but I highly doubt anyone genuinely falls for it
>>
>>674563
Yes but they get immensely butthurt if you don’t play for a bit and boot you out
>>
>>674634
You also need to mix it with blue flames but its still wont work because skeleton ships give distinct sound que. And why even ignore skeleton ships? Its easy loot.
>>
File: eageasesa.jpg (186 KB, 1920x963)
186 KB
186 KB JPG
Finally fuckin did it
>>
>>674704
Nicely done, and know is a good time to start Pirate Legend stuff. The new Veil voyages are a lot more fun and more rewarding than the normal Athena voyages.
>>
>read one buff for sloop
okay that's fair, sometimes newbies on a sloop seem like they have a hard time vs my brig
>read more buffs for sloop
Okay this is getting a little out of hand, I haven't been able hit reaper 5 in open crew recently without an experienced sloop appearing out of nowhere and decimating us
>all these buffs to sloops
Wow actually fucking cancer, sloops are near unsinkable now.
>>
>>674739
still the worst ship, get good
>>
>>674704
Gz mate
>>
>>674704
Congrats! Now the real game begins.
>>
>>674688
>still wont work because skeleton ships give distinct sound que
You get that when looking at player ships too.
But skeleton vessels have a second row of lights higher than player vessels.
>>
>>674770
Yeah it might fool a really new player but most people aren't going to fall for it.
>>
>>674739
Sloops are still way inferior to both other ships
You're just getting outskilled.
>>
>>674675
really? sounds kinda weak
>>
Anyone having an issue where vendors' inventories are not loading at all? I can't purchase voyages or anything, it just gets stuck on loading despite a good connection.
>>
>>674792
Having the same issue, small indie company please understand.
>>
>>674792
Nope, been playing all morning and everything is working fine.
>>
File: file.png (3.61 MB, 2752x1897)
3.61 MB
3.61 MB PNG
New season, new look.
>>
>>674019
>have to kill him twice
You killed a crewmate?
>>
>>674817
Easy enough with blunderbombs.
>>
>>674806
Looks good, but its summer m8, you need a summer outfit
>>
File: file.png (2.8 MB, 2518x1246)
2.8 MB
2.8 MB PNG
>>674870
A Captain should always look professional. But maybe I could take it easy now that I've solved everything.
>>
>>674923
*sold
>>
Hey guys returning/newbie player here
Can you get ships for free/in-game currency or just buy? Do I have to buy my own ship to do captaincy stuff?
>>
>>674959
>Do I have to buy my own ship to do captaincy stuff?
Yes. It's with the standard gold that you use for buying cosmetics, and they're pretty cheap.
>>
>>674959
>Can you get ships for free/in-game currency or just buy?

Ships are only availble for in-game gold, renaming them is paid and costs way too much, you can also scrap your ship and buy a new one to rename it, or play it for hundreds of hours to unlock the ability to buy a second ship.

>Do I have to buy my own ship to do captaincy stuff?
Yes, everything in captaincy that isn't balance related requires your own ship, or to sail on a ship captained by someone else.
>>
>>674961
>>674963
Cool so I should be able to get at least one ship and name it right now. Thanks guys.
>>
>>669995
I know the chances of it happening are basically 0, but I'd love a Payday or DRG themed figurehead.
>>
>>675161
You're a basic bitch with basic bitch tastes.
>>
The s.s Clorox will wipe the seas clean of ye dirty rascals yar
>>
>>675182
S.S. stands for Single-crew Steamship, and your ship is sail powered. Your ship is a LIE.
>>
File: Hula Fire.webm (2.98 MB, 1280x720)
2.98 MB
2.98 MB WEBM
Neat.
>>
>>675185
Wrong. It stands for Solo Sloop
>>
>>
>>675215
YWNBAW
>>
>>674563
Yeah, here's the invite
https://discord.gg/GuXAKDy5SN
>>
Captaincy is kinda bad
>>
>>675422
Yea it's kinda shitty
>>
>new update contains exploit where players can fly, turn invisible, and spawn kegs on player ships
Shit’s kind of spooky
>>
>>675422
>>675432
You're kind of bad.
>>
>>675422
>>675432
Nice concept but missed the mark entirely, shit seems designed by people who don't play games and people who just want to roleplay in SoT.

The latter is a weird group, a week ago I joined a Galleon LF1M Stacking Athena and it was three 'veterans' who from the conversation had apparently been playing since the start of SoT but all three just spent most of the time changing clothes, showing off "discontinued" cosmetics etc and talking about the captain update. This was three adults(one female) and I was literally doing all the sail work, almost all the Athena quest work etc. The female, who was/is apparently an insider who knew beyond what the public insiders know and apparently signed an NDA, was bragging about knowing about a coming Order of Souls update. Somewhere one of them asked the others what they had for Athena levels and all three 'veterans' had lower Athena than I did and I just started like a month ago.
>>
>>675501
If true hopefully there is a decent OOS update; compared to the other trading companies it’s probably the most stale content-wise.
>>
>>675501
>The update is bad because I had a bad open crew
Well that confirms it, game is trash.
>>
>>675505
>Update is bad because it seems to be tailored for people who don't play the game
>Let me give you an example of these people
>You (a retard) miss the point entirely to defend a shitty roleplay update
>>
>>675511
>>675501
When are devs going to learn that catering to the roleplay whales is fine as long as you release real gameplay with it. Decorating the ship with new cosmetics isn't really gameplay, it's flavor that enhances gameplay, when gameplay is getting stale the answer isnt more cosmetics and spit shining your turds, it's creating more engaging gameplay. If the only "new things to do" in an update are changing clothes and changing cosmetic features that have no bearing on the rest of the game, nobody besides your most vocal minority(roleplaying whales who main reddit) will be pleased
>>
>>675511
Because your anecdotal evidence doesn't show it's catered to roleplayers. If anything the extreme amount of grinding required would seem that it caters to the more hardcore players who just want to get shit done and turn in loot.
>>
>>675496
OK share how to do all these exploits.
>>
>>675519
>extreme amount of grinding required
>buying literally every ship and trinket costs less than DA sails

Alright, you can counter argue how his update was meant to appeal to people who don't roleplay or don't care about cosmetic features that don't change gameplay any time. There's a few things I can pull but I'll wait and see if you can muster any arguments before I give them to you, I suspect you're just going to strawman and ad hominem - seems to be the MO for anyone defending this game in these threads
>>
>>675534
>>buying literally every ship and trinket costs less than DA sails
So you don't understand how the update works.
>>
>>675534
not him, but being able to look at a ship and feel more attached to it because it's more closely your ship would probably motivate people more to not give up in fights.
lost a brig fight and i can still walk belowdeck and see the planks from repairs.
>>
>>675538
>strawman
>ad hominem
>Dude no it actually costs 20 million because you need to get 10 legendary ships to see 0/1 commendation number become 1/1 it means there's endless content!!
You can come down and start arguing any time or continue just sitting on your know it all holier than thou pedestal of retardation for everyone else to admire
>>
>>675543
You are factually wrong about the trinkets though, it's not a strawman.
>>
>>675538
>>675539
>Wow, I can customize my ship to be more unique but it changes literally nothing about the gameplay, exactly like the previous customizations

>>675544
>You can buy multiple of an item
>WOW IT'S LITERALLY ENDLESS CONTENT OMG SO MUCH TO GRIND AND COLLECT THANK GOODNESS I HAVE AUTISM AND MUST COLLECT EM ALL THIS
>Do exactly what you've been doing for months to collect loot
>except now you can put a potted plant on your ship now
CONTENT UPDATE IS SO BLOATED WITH NEW CONTENT AHHHH I JUST CAN'T TAKE IT SO MUCH NEW STUFF TO DO
>>
>>675546
Is there a reason you're refusing to address my point and are going off in weird fantasy tangents about things I didn't say?

You're obviously taking this too personal. When you're ready to address the topic and talk like an adult we can continue.
>>
>>675547
>projection
You haven't attempted to have a coherent argument at all, just ad hominem and strawmen while refusing to have a single argument yourself beyond 'no ur wrong cuz u dont know anything'
>>
>>675547
>no ur wrong
>no i wont argue why ur wrong, just that ur wrong
>wow start arguing any time ur acting like a child baka i'm out of here
>>
>>675549
I pointed out that you are factually incorrect about the trinket and other ship costs, and you've decided to spout nonsense and babby's first internet argument words.

And yes, you are wrong because you don't know anything.
>>
>>675551
>refusing to acknowledge that being able to buy multiple of an item isn't actually 'new gameplay content'

How much of every trinket should I buy before I'm allowed to be done/over with this content? Arena was content. This is fucking lipstick on a pig.
>>
>>675557
Actually there is no limit on the amount of trinkets you can buy so this update actually gave us unlimited infinite content!!
>>
>>675551
>you've decided to spout nonsense and babby's first internet argument words
Look buddy just because you're young, new, haven't studied the classics, whatever it is - doesn't mean the rest of the world hasn't been arguing and debating for thousands of years. "Strawman" and "Ad Homimen", which I assume you are referring to, are extremely common terms to refer to the disingenuous argumentative tactics you have been molded to employ. One cannot feel hate for someone like yourself, only pity - if anything at all. Gentlemen used to argue in front of a crowd and you are quite lucky it has devolved into anonymous internet posting or you'd be laughed off the stage.
>>
>>675511
don't bother speaking sense for some reason people here just get really defensive and reductive if you criticize the game. it's weird they act like you're a ubisoft blackflag shill trying to corner the market on pirate simulator's
>>
>>675516
I would bet money that less than 1% of the people in this game roleplay actively (more than just talking in a pirate voice when you meet someone). I don't know why Rare caters to them so much.
>>
>>675586
feels like a lot of the entire board (and greater 4chan) is just a hive of poorly trained marketing teams paranoid about other marketing teams. I am literally the nintendofag of my family, had a super nes, N64, gamecube & gameboys, literally played zelda and pokemon when they were only for the weird kids at school - even made like a mock nintendo power comic with another nintendofag in 3rd grade. Attempting to constructively criticize about anything Nintendo on /v/ is met with endless cries of "SNOY SHILL" and "LOL /v/ BUTTBLASTED NINTENDO SO SUCCESSFUL" etc, I see similar stories from others after they're (poorly) attacked for criticizing some modern shit and they come back to explain that no they've actually obsessed over souls games, or monster hunter games, bethesda games, whatever it is - real fans that made the game/IP successful in the first place, being called "other competing marketing team" shills.
>>
File: file.png (1.35 MB, 1057x1592)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB PNG
So how far have people gotten so far?
>>
>>675422
It's clearly aimed at new players. Veterans are getting the middle finger and "just do it all again lmao"
>>
>>675700
I don't think it even succeeds in that. New players are going to log in, work towards their new ship, and then see shit milestones like complete 1000 voyages, AFK for 100 hours, catch 2500 fish and the like, and just thing it's too much. I've seen some people argue that the milestones aren't there as achievements but as stat trackers, but then why are unlockables hidden behind them.
>>
>>675704
I don't think I've seen anyone argue they aren't achievements, but the intent was to be "passive" achievements. The idea being that you wouldn't change the way you play or focus on them and you would just naturally unlock stuff for doing what you already do.

But naturally if you put unlockable stuff behind it there are going to be people who want to grind it out and for them this is going to feel pretty shitty. So not sure if it's a good system or not, but I see why it's divisive.
>>
>>675713
No one is going to naturally spend 100 hours on fire, or asleep. No one is going to naturally catch 2,500 fish since you don't need even half of that to max hunters call. Few are going to do FOTD 100 times.
>>
>>675767
I mean I've spent a shitload of time on fire. Not 100 hours, but probably enough to earn at least the first level of that milestone.

I think the idea is sound but the things they chose are the problem. Sleeping and sitting and shit should not be on there and should have been replaced with more interesting things.
>>
bros do I suck at this game big time or am i ginped for playing controller? how do I not suck
>>
>>675834
Yes, and yes, and you can't
>>
>>675834
I play with two friends who are on Xbox and they are definitely above average players who can hold their own. So controller might be a disadvantage, you probably also suck.
>>
File: file.png (729 KB, 1417x757)
729 KB
729 KB PNG
>Have only seen three ancient skeletons in my years of playing
>Suddenly get two in one day this weekend
Fucking weird.
>>
>>675592
Why would you ever go to /v/ for talking about video games. it's like going to /pol/ for talking about poltiics. or going to /k/ for discussion about weaponry.
After /v/ got carved up and the /vst/fags got their own board and the /vm/ fags got our own board /v/ has just become a containment board like /vt/ for the worst of the worst.
>>
>double gunners use autoclickers as well
>>
Random question, do you prefix "the" or not? I feel like in most fiction works they refer to ships with a "the" prefix but then if others look at it in SoT they don't see it so I feel like it'd be weird not to add it.
>>
>>675956
You basically have it right. In naval parlance the "the" is implied and is not actually in the name. But all of the Rare generated names and ships show in their videos they have the "the" written out, and it looks better that way.

So either way is correct, but I personally put the "the" on my ships.
>>
>>675957
Yeah looks better on the ship itself but when others look at your ship from afar for the title card I feel like it'd look better with it, so there's no winning. They should add it to title cards basically.
>>
>>675961
But it doesn't work for all ships. Like if my ship is named Jessica, "The Jessica" would look stupid.
>>
>>675964
To you because you are autistic as fuck, but The Jessica is fine
>>
>>675767
I already did FoTD 100 times

I sold a Captian book today, crew took off with my boat but I was checking out the wares in the shops and some sloop rolled up to sell their merch. I found some bait and firebombs and found they had sold off all their loot, like 5 crates lol. Guy was just standing there sword out so I ate some bait threw a bucket of puke on him and killed him. Sunk his boat with fire and got the book. Had to row all the way to the Hideout though which kinda sucked.
>>
>be me
>name ship Dixie’s Revenge
>get lots of hate messages after sinking players
>profit?
>>
>>676157
>Dixie’s Revenge
whats the reference?
>>
>>676168
Named after Dixie? Dixie = nickname for the South? back for even revenge after being defeated?
>>
>>676157
>get lots of hate messages after sinking players
You did not and you will not.
>>
>>676179
Well I got like two? and I believe plenty more will come.
>>
>kind of want a new look for my pirate
>but also still like my current pirate
what's a dishonest man to do
>>
being able to have more then one pirate when
>>
>>676264
never, it's too big of a money maker to have people pay to change their current one without deleting
>>
>Captain sloop, go reapers
>hit level 5 on forts
>THREE(3) times while heading across the map to an emissary they roll to outpost, drop emiss and scuttle
>collect their logbooks anyway, they all made less than 40k
>Sail around while nobody engages us, everyone running before we get close, people dropping server left and right and we literally haven't gotten a single fight
>after a few hours go sell
>400k, 4-5 captains logbooks(all made under 40k), literally haven't gotten a fight
>log out at reapers so maybe someone can get the book

I wish you could go dock and save your ship log across sessions, having to drop it in the water is dogshit
>>
>>676329
Ever since they showed off the logbook in Insiders months ago the number one most requested ask was a way to "lower" or turn in your book instead of leaving it floating. And it was brought up every single week with never a response from Rare. It really is bizarre.
>>
>captaining sloop
>midway disconnect from server
>reconnect onto same server
>ship is now wedged into an island
>thanks Rare
>notice a shine in the water
>my own logbook
>I now have two logbooks
>both show as if they're empty even though I did and keep doing stuff
>can actually sell my own logbook at the end
Fix your shit game Rare
>>
So is there a point to captain voyages besides having a stock on board? It's the same shit as before and doesn't give anything more, except now you can get stuck with garbage you don't want to do.
>>
>>676361
That's pretty much it. On the plus side they do make it easy to get some of the older commendations for completing X number of voyages. I bought an assload of the Gold Hoarder captains dig voyages and would just cancel and drop new ones until I got small islands to dig at to make it fast.
>>
>>676361
Way easier to cheese certain commendations with a big stack of captain voyages.
>>
File: 1604261669627.jpg (35 KB, 716x703)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
How do I break a deadlock in pvp battles?
Last evening my open crew was just slightly better in a Brig vs Brig battle against a Reaper 1 but neither side could get the upper hand until all curse balls and chainshot was spent.
Both if us fended off every single boarding attempt with vigilance and they always ran away whenever their need to repair became too big.
It only ended after like half an hour when we gave up and portal hopped.
>>
>>676371
You can board and then shoot around ladders with cannonballs to defend them as they climb, a board is enough to break a stalemate if you can even just anchor them
>>
>>676371
It's hard to say without knowing more details. If they were able to run and repair it sounds like both of you were playing very defensively and that will lead to battles like this.

The only thing I can suggest in cases like that is to play more aggressively and go a bit more dangerous. Even if you lose at least there is a decisive victor.
>>
>>676354
I think that they fucked up and don't know how to do it.
There must be something in the code that they fucked up.
>>
>>676387
It's the only explanation. They made other changes to the logbook based on Insider feedback, so there has to be some really deep reason for this.
>>
>play sea solo
>only way to get ashen captain voyages is to get force fed a bunch of shitty mercenary shit from all companies
>realize I hate moving loot anyway
>turn off sea
what can i do as this game solo that doesn't involve moving a lot of loot?
>>
File: Sloopers gunna sloop.png (1.31 MB, 1336x837)
1.31 MB
1.31 MB PNG
>>676329
>Captain brig, go reapers
>Sail around hitting forts for emissary 5, nobody around, several emissary on map
>sell at reapers, head up to cannon cove where an OOS Emissary sloop is battling a phantom fleet
>They run off into the wind, we dip south towards Devil's Ridge where an emissary is sitting, another emissary between us
>roll up on athena level 1 emissary a ways before devil's ridge, sink them before they know what's happening
>grab captain's log and flag as their only loot
>Head towards Devil's Ridge, almost there when the emissary there (gold hoarder Sloop) runs
>begin chasing them, suddenly former athena sloop is on us alliancing with the other sloop
>stop chasing and start running but a third sloop no emissary we haven't seen shows up and starts attacking us too, three sloops on us
>storm is on reapers so we sail in a big circle around it selling what little junk we had with a rowboat while they chase through storm
>make it out and get to cannon cove
>OOS emiss we chased off in beginning has made it back to cannon cove and joins the fight, one sloop didn't make it through storm
>sail in large circle and crash into reapers, lower flag as they sail in talking shit
>>
>>676555
Oh I forgot the best part
>Before Athena sloop joins in and alliances
>Gold Hoarder sloop was taking so long on Devil's Ridge catching animals
>they sail north and drop a rowboat with the animals and one guy
>crewmate hops off and kills their guy and sells their animals
>Sloop goes from running to trying to attack us
>(former) athena emiss joins in
>>
>>675614
these stats are so broken, idk how they managed to fuck up something as simple as a track and display but between all the different methods to see these things you can't really get a straight answer

>mfw I spend hours playing and everything says 0 days
>>
>>676555
>>676560
So you sailed around picking fights, and as soon as people fought back you ran away, lowered, and quit.

Yup, sounds like every Reaper brig I've ever encountered.
>>
>>676555
>weepah runner
Take your (you) and uninstall the game please.
>>
>>676555
>Pick fights you know you can win
>Run when there is any chance of not automatically winning
Go figure
>>
>>676555
I don't know why people are giving you shit, you play like how everyone i've ever encountered in this game.
bully the weak revere the strong
>>
>>676650
Because you're playing like a pussy and replying to yourself.
>>
File: nerd.jpg (26 KB, 680x670)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>676650
>I don't know why people are giving you shit, you play like how everyone i've ever encountered in this game.
>bully the weak revere the strong
>>
>>676655
That's not me.
>>676657
It's true though and can you blame them? like I don't get why people think their entitled to a fair fight. especially when no one plays like that.
and thinking about no even the devs think fights should be fair because they deleted arena and want the next planned pvp thing to happen in free roam.
>>
>>676664
No one here is demanding a "fair fight". But there's also absolutely no honor in running from a fight, scuttling, and then going on the internet to brag about how you ran away.
>>
>>676667
well you've got me there. I don't think the actions are in the wrong but yeah posting about it afterwards and trying to spin it like it wasn't a loss is cringe.
Fair enough
>>
>>676458
Tall Tales
>>
>>676361
You get to pick from a small, medium or fuck off I'm not doing all that voyage. Works for me.
>>
>>676727
That's the thing, like if I want to get something decent I'd rather just pick the 200 gold voyage from emissaries and do it over and over, without having to deal with the shittier ones. Like I picked the long one I guess for merchants and was given one for fucking 10 animals or something stupid.
>>
>>676741
I joined an open crew yesterday and delivered animals for the first time since hitting PL 3 years ago, at that time it was the only way to level in merchant, cargo runs came shortly after. I did not miss feeding pigs.
>>
>>676785
I have 750 hours and have never done one of those voyages. I think I have one snake turned in just because I tried that sentry strategy for the ladders once and it survived, so I sold it
>>
>>676792
Most players these days wouldn't even know you can charm snakes with music, atleast temporarily. Seeing people with animals back then was pretty common, now you don't see people doing merchant shit at all. Not even a lousy cargo run, people hate it. They need to do something.
>>
File: 1654804557939.png (623 KB, 680x513)
623 KB
623 KB PNG
>used to have a ton of friends one XBL that played a ton of this game
>only two of them have even booted up the game this weekend
>>
File: 480813345.jpg (6 KB, 250x250)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
I'm alone after all my friends bailed out in day 2.
I don't like fighting unlike I pick up on the weak, and I'm alone and the game doesn't give me the tools to be strongest than the rest. Wish I was playing a pay2win game...
>>
>>676825
>I don't like fighting unlike I pick up on the weak
So you are just like everyone else that plays this game
>>
>>676828
I like how now that everyone called you out for your shitty greentext your only cope is
>b-but everyone only preys on the weak
>>
>>676828
I expected everyone to be evil because all the models are ugly. Everyone knows ugly people is evil!

>>670510
Can I cheat safely in this game? Maybe with some cheats I can bully people.
>>
>>676371
Ram them to get your boarders on and blunder bomb off any boarders to your ship or kill them if you can. But only do that if you're confident in your pvp skills.
>>676592
I noticed that when I board and read others logs. I see the gold collected and days sailed though IIRC everything else is 0s.
>>676796
Cargo runs are boring and they nerfed the value of them even to outposts that need the cargo. You used to be able to get 8-10K each so now they just aren't worth sailing against the wind for.
>>
File: 1658362135972712.jpg (920 KB, 1440x1080)
920 KB
920 KB JPG
>Friend fines a Tall Tale chest randomly
>Give it to a noob ship and tell them it's a super rare and valuable chest
>>
What's the best way to find crews that don't have children or manchildren
>>
>>676923
Official Sea of Thieves Discord
Xbox App Looking For Group
>>
File: 1639413227148.jpg (163 KB, 687x768)
163 KB
163 KB JPG
>>676923
play when men are off work
>>
>>676601
>>676636
>>676648
>NOOO YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO LET THE HYENAS GANG UP ON YOU REEE HOW DARE YOU WIN USING ANY MEANS
okay sloopers, sail a real boat
>>
>>676830
>>676655
>mfw shitpost early in the day and check back later only for schizo dum dums to accuse other anons of being you

fucking never gets old lol you guys are so retarded consider not replying to every post throughout the day like only one anon came into the thread besides the marketers I mean Christ
>>
File: nerd.jpg (43 KB, 680x668)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>676941
>lol you guys are so retarded consider not replying to every post throughout the day
>>
>>676925
Best places to find children and man children
>>
File: reapers.png (145 KB, 1583x227)
145 KB
145 KB PNG
>>676923
Literally a discord for it linked in this thread.
>>
>>676946
>like only one anon came into the thread besides the marketers

>threads are only kept afloat by marketing teams
>marketing team replies to every single post with some snarky smartass reddit comment nonstop
>marketing team is bad at their job but their bosses are even more technologically retarded so it's all good
>>
File: nerd.jpg (43 KB, 680x668)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>676953
>threads are only kept afloat by marketing teams
>marketing team replies to every single post with some snarky smartass reddit comment nonstop
>marketing team is bad at their job but their bosses are even more technologically retarded so it's all good
>>
>>676954
>replies to every single post with some snarky smartass reddit comment nonstop

you're just helping make my point
>>
>>676857
Cargo runs are the plants, silks and rum. They were worth even less when they launched, they buffed them but not enough. The other mineral trading shit is new to me because I stopped playing for nearly 2 years. I have done some of that and yeah it's shit too.
>>
>>676925
LFG is filled to the brim with those. Or it's a literal faggot with an annoying voice, or someone with a disgusting mic. I'd rather just play solo than deal with these faggots.
>>
>>676971
Unironicly, but join a discord. I joined the discord of some youtube guy to find people to play with when I first started playing. You run the shitter gauntlet for a while but you soon run into people you click with and I've been sailing with the same crew for 2 years now.
>>
>>677033
noooo you can't heckin play with other people since having friends is for trannies
>>
>>676971
It's pretty easy to figure out which people are worth playing with based on the tags and their profile.
>>
>>671268
Thanks for the tips anon. Sounds hard
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuRkrIc3QP4
>Retards are currently defending this right now in the official discord and if it should be allowed or not
They're going to put a delay on shooting and releasing from any ladder by the looks of it.
>>
>>677339
I see nothing wrong with it, it requires precision timing and quick key presses. I'm all for anything that allows more skilled players to do better.
>>
>>677339
>They're going to put a delay on shooting and releasing from any ladder by the looks of it.
Fine by me
Boarding should be a huge risk, not a guaranteed win because you pressed space and left click at the same time.
>>
>>677369
>guaranteed
Just don't stand directly on the ladder lol. Like stand back a foot or even just to the side lmao.
>>
>>677372
Except the only way to repel boarders effectively is to blunderbuss them while on the ladder, which you have to be really close to do
>>
>>677344
>I'm all for anything that allows more skilled players to do better.
too bad nu-rare isn't
>>
>>677376
The knockback works for several feet. Also you can stand to the side where they won't have an angle on you, or you can just blunderbomb them off.
>>
>>677339
I want less boarding and more naval.
>>
>>677377
>too bad nu-rare isn't
>nu-rare
>Describing the same dev team who has been working on the game for ages
You just throw that shit on there when you don't like something, huh? It's meaningless.
>>
>>677379
When the guy jumped he had full view of the deck
There's nowhere you could have stood where he couldn't have sprayed.
>>
>>677339
what's he doing? isn't he just jumping off the ladder causing other people to miss? is this really a problem?
>>
>>677403
He's letting go right at the top, blundering the guy, then re-catching the ladder. Apparently some people think this is an exploit and needs to be fixed, when it's just how the game has always worked.
>>
>>677339
Pc players can do things slightly faster than controllers, which is how this works, try this with a controller and it won't work. I hate it when pc fags eat full on blunderbuss shots. It really grinds my pineapples
>>
File: Screenshot_42.png (676 KB, 847x484)
676 KB
676 KB PNG
What's your fastest heist?
>spawn into server
>a few emissaries on map, notably one athena
>can see ship at random island from outpost
>devise plot, raise gold hoarders, kill if it's the gold hoarder doing the vault, ally temporarily if it's athena doing quest and not done
>start sailing over where they once were, lost sight of them
>hear cannon shot
>look over to the other side of the ship, see them fighting a skele galleon
>run over while they're under pressure and sink them in a couple minutes
>kids hotmic: "why'd you sink us we were just trying to get our athena up!!!"
>go back to outpost and sell in less than 25 minutes, they did a full veil and had random merchant garbage for some reason as well
>>
>>678121
>Wow im so tough I sank some squeakers who dont know how to play

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.