[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 2022-07-17_13-48-54.png (3.24 MB, 1920x988)
3.24 MB
3.24 MB PNG
>Previous thread: >>660713

>IP: 144.126.153.95:28300

>Latest happenings:
Tyron has released a preview release for v1.17.0, alongside a recent v1.17.0-rc.2 for bug fixes in its unstable predecessor. All amendments and additions can be viewed on the website's devlog; the major changes encompass an improvement in water and ice interaction (water can now ignore any block in its corresponding block), instantaneous loading and general AI/ performance de-jank, lightning and lightning rods, further player model interactions, more animals (gazelles, brown/ black/ sun bears and fish), shield and grass variants alongside ground storage and item placement refinement.
Players are emigrating to unkown territories of the northernmost reaches of the map - Guacaville's incipient settlement imitates and challenges the 30k Southern stretch to Sumeria, establishing itself on the desolate wastes of the Northern pole.

>I'm new, where should I settle?
>Temenos
The town closest to spawn; it stretches from mountains to the South and North ends of the lake, to the West of the town. Being the oldest town in the server, it has an abundance of comfy historical builds joint together with comprehensive infrastructure. It's generally the optimal place for newcomers to find their footing within the game.
>Florida ( -600, 22000 )
An amicable civilisation reflecting the staple 'Souf' style of disarray. Rich in resources, it has a strong sense of community and comradery. Built between slate plains and redwood forests.
>Sumeria ( -17500*, 32200 )
The server's newest settlement. Built below and within an impressive granite mountain range, the town seeks to emulate Aztec and Babylonian architecture alike through floating gardens and ziggurats.

>( Previous iteration archive ) IP: 172.107.179.165:28200
>>
i love this game, i love how it gives me a headache and makes me feel like shit after endlessly grinding and working stacks of iron blooms for two realtime hours, kino homestead simulator, much better experience than survival minecraft
>>
>>668856
>softlocking of players into copper age (what is even tin)
probably the one major issues i have with this so far, finding more ores could definitely be improved, propicking is neat but i sincerely feel it could give us a better information sheet or overall where we'd find ores on a certain depth and so on, the generation of ore feels a bit odd too
>>
>>668948
mining/prospecting is so bad that it's only redeemed by iron being so plentiful, if it wasn't, nobody would play this shit
>>
>>668948
I've only found tin within pots so far, at this rate I'll rely on black bronze more than anything
>>
>>668948
>>668952
this, prospecting only feels good when looking for Iron, but everything else feels like looking for scraps. Ideally you want ore veins to be rare enough to warrant prospecting for those specific chunks but big enough to last you for a long ass time, unless you're building houses out of metal blocks
>>
>>668913
Looks like the translocator mod doesn't work in mp
The instrument mod has not had an update so actually not much on the mod side of things. Hoping I can play more after my Poland-Lithuania trip since my work weeks will stop being retarded then.
>>
>>668982
Dove, please limit the number of respawns per temporal gear. Make it like 20 or something.
>>
>>668989
(Do not do this.)
>t. Blockstim veteran
>>
File: file.png (78 KB, 758x322)
78 KB
78 KB PNG
>>668826
>(if there's even one to go back to, the problems there seem to have been creeping over the last few years)
If only you knew how bad things are getting over there
>>
>>668998
how the mighty fall
>>
>>668982
https://mods.vintagestory.at/carrycapacity
https://mods.vintagestory.at/ancienttools
https://mods.vintagestory.at/show/mod/259
https://mods.vintagestory.at/expandedfoods
https://mods.vintagestory.at/show/mod/59
>>
>>669019
seconding ancient tools
>>
>>669019
>expanded foods
Bloated broken mod, fuck off.
>>
>>669019
really like the trade-o-mat and carry capacity ones
>>
>>669078
Is it possible to set the trade-o-mat mod in sp? As in making one to sell me stuff that is generally a pain in the ass to get? For the right price of course.
>>
>>669041
>>669019
I actually wanted ancient tools so I will probably add that later.
>expanded foods
HAHAHAHHAHAHHA
Btw found some goats but having trouble getting them in my pen
>>
W-what's wrong with expanded foods bros?
>>
>>669107
Aggro them, but be warned it hurts more in real life
>>
>>669077
>>669107
whats wrong with expanded foods?? i just wanna cook :(
>>
you guys thought we would stop at just a few towns? we still have more ideas to exhaust before i'll let you relax
we need a new spawntown to protect the new players from the poles

idea 1:
an underground city with well kept entrances and linear tunnels that allow stray wiggers to be trapped and cut off, with plenty of room for anyone to expand up and down so much as wide
>>
idea 2:
A city of towers, idea is build narrow, how can you grief a home if theres only one entrance that you've already locked up?
build platforms in the sky bridged between the towers for public shops and works so its hard to reach
>>
>>669135
>theres only one entrance that you've already locked up?
Great until you remember that it's possible to phase through walls.
>>
>>669136
but to what extent is he really going to try
we could also just reinforce base levels ontop of claiming it
>>
the trick to stop him from wiggering himself through walls is to adopt spaced armor design.
two sheets of material with empty space between. he'll get stuck and starve to death.

only issue is cleaning out the dead wiggers in your walls.
>>
File: Fortouph.jpg (56 KB, 436x253)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>669135
Time to build Fort Ouph.
>>
>>668913
Who is the leader of sumeria? Remember I give town leaders 4x claim to make walls and public builds
Also for you guys talking about city defense, a fort with some space in between, double high gate doors, underground stuff, could work. Mensfield was good but laketown was the most wigger proof town made. Only one way in. I ate this mushroom btw it was yummy.
>>
>>669225
Notstupid or Sneezerstein
>>
File: 20220728_222826.jpg (1.56 MB, 3024x4032)
1.56 MB
1.56 MB JPG
did i ever show you guys the gutenberg bible i made? print cost 30 fucking bucks alone
>>
>>669226
why does everyone think im the one responsible for the servers latest shit, its not me or sneezer, its carrot but sneezer is the only active one so give it to him
>>
How is this game for survival/building as compared to something like Haven and Hearth?
When World 8 or so ended and they switched to that weird 3D thing instead of sprites, I quit playing H&H but I really wish I could still play it because autistically farming and making things was really fun.
>>
>>669260
Was H&H the ultra autistic game where things required real life days to finish?
>>
>>668948
I found a guy who sells tin.
>>
>>669136
It is?
>>
>>669108
>>669114
Expanded foods looks fine to me. I enjoy the cooking aspect of Vintage Story.
>>
>>669265
Yes, you could wait a literal week for crops to grow, also tanning leather and drying crops took irl days. My beef with this game is with curiosities
Vintage Story is small time autism compared to H&H
>>
>>669019
>carrycapacity
HAHHAHAHHAH
>tranny mods
>>
>>669300
its literally just picking shit up with your retarded wigger hands
>>
>>669327
A FUCKING TRANNIE MADE IT i don't care what it is
>>
>>669336
Fr?
Now i want it more just to make you seethe
>>
>>669019
>useless tranny mod that bypasses claims so wigger can grief more
kys dove
>>
>>669395
>bypasses claims
Proof?
Also just ban wigger.
>>
>>669397
ban wigger... we can't handle petty crime low T :(
>>
>>669400
Then unclaim your land
:) i promise i wont steal your sticks
>>
https://mods.vintagestory.at/show/mod/3246
add this :)
>>
>>669403
Being able to destroy translocators sounds like a fantastic idea.
>>
>>669402
what did I steal? (i actually forgot, wasn't on the server for a while)
>>
>>669409
The wall of lanterns want to speak to you
>>
>>669409
Well, the gate of Temenos for starters
>>
>>669409
my heart
>>
>>669411 >>669409
haha its my shit
>>
Dove stop being a fucking retard and just ban wigger. Or better yet while you're in Poland, find him and cave his skull in.
>>
You talking about Wigger? That nigga has been on my mind. No cap, I been thinking about that time when I barebacked him raw in a Boca Raton Air BnB. That shit had to be the tightest, blackest, wettest boy pussy I've ever laid pipe on. I swear to God, the most heavenly high is gargling that wonderboy's nuts while going fist deep into his shitter. I had Wigger screaming into the sheets with head too ridiculous to ignore. That nigga frotted my cock until he busted on my mouth, I had to return the favor. That Wigger and I been fucking non-stop ever since, but keep that shit on the DL. He does that shit for free. If you're gonna ask me how to "long" Wigger, I'll be deadass. All you gotta do is ask, be straight up, and get physical real quick. Touch his nuts, get on ya knees, talk your shit. He doesn't play around with no pansy-ass niggas either. He likes his men manly, and his dick thick. Dark skin, 6'5 is the minimum and I ain't talking about height boy. That nigga Wigger stole my heart and drank my sneed.
>>
>>669107
>>669225
>>669227
>>669228
Nots take meds
>>
File: 1613002676616.jpg (29 KB, 334x506)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>669427
>>
>>669433
Two of those were me.
>>669421
Sure if he lives in Gdansk
Besides wall gliching what bad has he done post-pirate era that is banworthy?
Severe hacking, extreme griefing, constant and intentional server lagging, and claim abuse would be all I ban for
>>
>>669103
Yeah it is, it's pretty nice actually, it's a good solution for servers to make things that are often fucking impossible to find accessible, while serving as a currency sink.
>>
>>669327
From the description, it looks like it's literally picking up five wooden chests full of shit. Why not just play creative at that point?
>>
>>669456
no?
it's only one chest and it makes you move slow, main use is to reposition chests without fucking up your inventory and having to reorganize
>>
>>669451
Destroyed a part of guac's shop in Temenos, burned a bunch of trees, stole EVERY SINGLE LANTERN from roads, claimed a Temenos gate and stored lanterns there, probably did a lot more, but that's just what I saw from being in Temenos for 15 minutes.
>>
just bought this game.
how long should It take for the account creation email to arrive?
>>
>>669481
a few minutes at most
>>
>>669481
youve been scammed
>>
>>668948
>>668958
What is this meme even, tin is fucking everywhere. Meanwhile Zinc literally isn't even coded into the fucking game, making brass impossible to make.
>>
>>669521
Uh, then explain how I made brass torch holders?
>>
>>669521
it was (kind of) the opposite for me, had decentish luck finding zinc for brass once or twice, but its still a mid tier ore like tin, they're both a bit painful to find
>>
>>669523
>cheating
>>
Vara, where is the lazy man TL we were talking about? I don't wanna walk anymore.
>>
>>669534
Just git gud.
>>
File: zincingranite.jpg (22 KB, 344x300)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>669521
mmmh sweaty, did you take your granite pills yet?
>>
where do you find granite? i need more granite cobblestone but cant find any more ruins
>>
>>669551
you find it inside zinc
>>
>>669557
well thats gay. i guess i shouldnt have built my house with it
>>
>>669300
>>669336
>complaining about tranny mods
>literally playing a game with TRANSlocators
you're already infected if you stepped in one
>>
File: screenshot_4.png (1.38 MB, 1434x768)
1.38 MB
1.38 MB PNG
>>669471
>only one chest
There's literally a screenshot on the mod page of someone carrying both a chest and a wicker basket.
>main use is to reposition chests
If you can't think of other uses for being able to carry full chests, it sounds like you're bad at the game.
>>
>>669574
Fuck! SRS it is then, I'm getting an appointment tomorrow
>>
>>669581
why don't you just try it instead of acting like its some overpowered cheat when you already have massively increased stack size mod with no downside
>>
i got all-rounder as a skill, how do i "learn" the extra profession?
>>
>>669601
Just spend a point in said profession skill. After some leveling, in most trees, you can acquire a skill that says you gain 40% more exp doing what the tree is about. In exchange you can't get another one of these type of skills, unless you get all-rounder.
>>
>>669587
>when you already have massively increased stack size mod with no downside
What are you talking about?
>>
>>669456
What's your problem dude? Moving chests and barrels aren't even close to playing in creative, stop being disingenuous.
>>
>>669581
it's balanced bro. your stamina drains like a motherfucker, you gotta toss the barrel to defend yourself, you move slow as shit, it's really not an avenue for power gaming at all. since you refuse to even try it in single player to see the reality of it for yourself, you probably are not as good as vidja as you think you are.
>>
No troon mods, end of discussion.
>>
>>669679
meds, now.
>>
File: 258937875.jpg (37 KB, 480x640)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>669679
>No troon mods
for you
>>
>>669651
>your stamina drains like a motherfucker
The mod adds a stamina bar? Sounds pretty shitty.
>>
>>668913
For those of y'all with genuine concerns about development, I'd honestly send reasonable emails directly to tyrone through the "contact us" section of their website. Don't let the redditards ruin yet another game with their awful suggestions. All tyrone sees are forum posts, pedocord posts, and his emails. He has his own vision, but no man is an island and every suggestion ever so slightly influences him, especially those that are well thought out.
>>
>>669297
Sounds like you'd fit in just fine on the vintage civ server. Those guys have crop growth set at a weeks length too.
>>
>>669456
you can have One (1) on your back.
If you get hit at all you drop both the one on your back and anything in your hands. Stoopid.

>>669617
512 nuggets isn't basegame.
128 sticks/grass/boards isn't basegame.

>>669745
10/10 for being so intentionally retarded
hunger bar
>>
why do my roosters keep killing eachother
>>
>>669960
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE
>>
>>669961
But my hens.. they want more.
One cock can only soothe so many beasts.
>>
>>669776
I dont know what I would even suggest. tyron is too autistic to add anything that technologically advances past fire pits.
>>
>>669960
They do that shit IRL too, its noisy as fuck and annoying. I usually shoot whoever the hyper aggressive one is after he kills another one or the first one that tries to attack my leg.
>>
>>670005
Mmm, fresh tendies.
>>
>>669985
b-b-but muh uncompromising realistic game kino!
dont you too love clayforming 4800 roof tiles for 100 pits , using 800 drygrass and 400 sticks along with 400 peat to fill each pit and taking 3 seconds to light each one on fire? Its fun
>>
>>669933
>If you get hit at all you drop both
Why would this matter? You can just pick them back up after killing whatever hit you, can't you?
>512 nuggets
>128 sticks/grass/boards
I have these stacking to 128 and 64 respectively, because I'm not a cheater.
>>
>>670039
>I have these stacking to 128 and 64 respectively, because I'm not a cheater.
ok, that's great, but the whole point of the post was suggestions for the server. And the server is already using the larger stacks mod. I'm not even the one suggesting the new mod, but please explain the point of your post.
>>
>>670041
Obviously the server should get rid of the larger stacks mod, but even if it doesn't, having one cheat mod is hardly a reason to add more.
>>
>>669933
>hunger = stamina
Oh, so you're just fucking retarded. Got it.
>>
>>670039
you can pick up your corpse after a 3 hour run to a new area, cant you?
>singleplayerfaggot
>>>/out/

>>670048
>im retarded
>cant comprehend existance of normal game feature being used for mod balance
your handler sucks ass at their job, man.
>>
>>670063
>autismgame attracts autists
not big surprise honestly anon
just ignore it
>>
>>670063
>singleplayerfaggot
Maybe you fuck off, almost all the players started out in single player, there's nothing wrong with that, however there is a lot of wrong with usage of cheat tranny mods
>>
>>669985
Guns. They fit within the time period. No-brainer
>>
File: 1656256174134.jpg (6 KB, 200x160)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>670098
tfw no lever action gun to take with on a long expedition west to settle, killing all wolves and aurochs i see
>>
>>670033
Aesthetics tax
>>
>>670033
After enough clayforming there should be a way to do it faster. Stuff like that at late game shouldn't be as inefficient as in early game. Where's the progress tyron reee
>>
>>670288
what about
>roof tile molds
>>670196
thats only because roof tiles are great while everything else is flat and shit, also greatest combination of texture and color in-game (red clay bricks/tiles) isnt fully implemented, wtf tyrone
>>
File: 2022-07-30_02-24-33.png (3.14 MB, 1920x1080)
3.14 MB
3.14 MB PNG
>>670298
This site had slate, so I've been using that for roofs. It's okay, but clay tiles have nicer colors.
>>
Tyron throwing shade.
>>
>>668913
any DL for the server's version of the game yet? I'm considering buying but it's quite a steep price for me atm, so I'd like to try it out first. also, does this game go on sale anywhere?
>>
>>670328
the game must be ass if it's been like 7 years if they haven't even released a closed beta
>>
>>670328
Is he wrong tho? These guys are clowns lmao. It's a vaporware at this point.
>>
>>670328
Vintage story is a bigger challenge to minecrafts hegemony than hytale ever will, and its a niche autist game lmao
>>
>>670328
hubris
>>
>>668913
I just bought the game and am currently waiting for the confirmation e-mail. Tell me abou this server, what mods plugins does it run? Anything i should know about before joining?
>>
>>670361
bigger stacks, lichen for deer and horn picks that i make extensive use of to save on dura for my metal picks, one or two weapon mods
s'about it
wigger's a nigger and tomselleck is a creep and will spout nonsense and just walk into your house even if it's claimed
don't pay them much mind
otherwise server's comfy/10
>>
>>670361
Mods are downloaded at connection, and the game keeps track of each server modlist so you don't really need to worry about that. If you want an exhaustive list, tho:
- xskills, gives new things to grind for, on top of the basic things you can do in the game. Want to get better at cooking or farming? Time to grind those skill points.
- Rope bridges, it's all in the name.
- Lichen, probably the biggest mod on the server, adds animals like deers, the possibility to make fur tents, etc, and also to have a lv1 pickaxe make out of deer antlers to mine rocks before attaining copper tools. In a more general sense it's a mod that makes early game more varied.
- a few weapon mods
- bigger stacks

Florida is comfy, if you can travel 20k blocks south without dying.
>>
>>670361
>>670415
There's also medieval expansion. Adds waterwheels that almost nobody actually uses. Cows, draw bridges, big gates and portcullis, and some other stuff.
>>
>>670416
how does a waterwheel work given water physics in this game? does it just need to be submerged or do you actually need to set up flow?
>>
>>670411
>>670415
>>670416
Thanks. I'll join the server tomorrow or monday.
>>
>>670411
>wigger's a nigger and tomselleck is a creep and will spout nonsense and just walk into your house even if it's claimed
Tops did and will never do anything wrong, cupe.
>>
>>670458
Hes the reason i put a lock on my door
>>
>>670098
14th century hand cannons, maybe muskets since the falxian creations advanced technology faster. Absolutely NO rifling though imo
>>
>>670593
>Primitive rifling appears in the 16th century
>vintage story technology is time-wise 17th century
>Absolutely NO rifling though imo
no
>>
>>670614
I was thinking 19th century tier rifling desu, but point made.
>>
File: skere.png (254 KB, 378x400)
254 KB
254 KB PNG
I always like to come here and see the screenshots you guys post because I find it a pain in the ass to play the actual game, I find most of them impressive or comfy, keep them coming.
>>
why is chromite a thing
>>
>>670770
mordant for dying cloth, and possibly for stainless steel in the future.
More than other stuff with no clear future use.
>>
How does this server handle classes? What class should i start as?
>>
>>670786
commoner
>>
>>670324
these look way better than clay tiles, just need to use fitting colors in your builds for them
>>
File: 2022-07-31_15-26-54.png (1.46 MB, 1920x1080)
1.46 MB
1.46 MB PNG
Why isn't the grass spreading here? It's been a few days now.
>>
File: 2022-07-31_14-02-14.png (2.86 MB, 1920x1080)
2.86 MB
2.86 MB PNG
IM GONNA BREWWWW!
>>
>>670860
autism
>>
>>670888
Where do you think you are.
>>
>>670860
cozy
>>
>find ilmenite
>find anthracite
>find bauxite
>in a row
oh yeah baby, im steelmaking
>>
>>670999
>ilmenite
>he doesn't know
>>
File: 209374.gif (3.1 MB, 498x498)
3.1 MB
3.1 MB GIF
>>671021
>needs tier 5 tool : steel
>mfw
>>
File: file.png (321 KB, 1184x693)
321 KB
321 KB PNG
>>670328
>>670341
>>670352
They're busy rewriting it to accomodate more monetization methods. If you're familiar with Hypixel servers at all, this is exactly what you can expect from Hytale.

The game will have no playerbase but a dedicated core of whales and passing children with mommy's card at best.
>>
File: file.png (343 KB, 1204x793)
343 KB
343 KB PNG
>>671074
Buy the gold, goyim, good value.
>>
>>671074
As long as people can run their own servers separately I don't care about this.
>>
File: file.png (652 KB, 1153x1256)
652 KB
652 KB PNG
>>671076
Open the mystery box, could be something rare inside :)

>>671078
>he thinks it wont be a centralized server to combat piracy and user cosmetics
lmao
>>
File: 2022-07-31_19-30-19.png (2.23 MB, 1920x1080)
2.23 MB
2.23 MB PNG
OH GOD IM BREWWING AAAH!!
>>
>>671088
More like you're broowing. :^)
>>
>>671088
just imagine all of the useless alcohol taking up space
>>
File: 111883734.png (398 KB, 702x675)
398 KB
398 KB PNG
>>671088
I'm not even claustrophobic, but holy shit those ceilings.
>>
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 492x246)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
Dovebros...
>>
>>671196
So wait where is this from
>>
>>671199
wigger's discord
>>
>>671074
>>671076
Jesus Christ
I bought some Warframe platinum back in the day, but this is some next level shit
>>
>>671199
Tranny r9k psyop server
check the bottom right, shit's real
https://files.catbox.moe/dqxv2o.png
>>
>>671214
so the vm servers is run by this tranny/tranny enabler from r9k?
oh no
>>
>>671214
yikes, who's making the new server?
>>
is the server working? for some reason i'm stuck at Connecting to server, downloading data... 0 kilobyte recieved
>>
>>671216
I changed my mind, wigger is one true polish saviour
>>
>>671196
>>671214
>>671235
thats a hard pass from me

wew
>>
unrelated to above are there any wilderness survival-like servers out there worth playing? this server's standard settings aren't autistic enough for me
>>
:/
can't wait for the last couple weeks of gameplay to go up in smoke because some faggot thought it was a good idea to start shit
worldfile when

>>671301
idk this was my first time playing anything like this online for exactly the reasons above
but i am also interested in going full autist if anyone would indulge us
>>
I just rejoined the server after years and this shit happens wtf is going on. The server shutting down or what?
>>
>>671319
Once again someone manages to join right at 9pm
>>
>>671319
yes server shut down, dove been arrested and wigger is awaiting execution
>>
i got stuck in a hole in saiphs apartment buildings :(
>>
>>671393
saiph has apartment buildings?
>>
>>671398
I have no such things, kek, must be Churls modern home
>>
>>671393
If you're speaking of brick built ghetto, it's guac and nots built slums that'll never get finished lmao
>>
>>671398
guess not

>>671436
whatever had the distillery in it
fuckin random 3 block hole for no reason
>>
including random traps for trespassers sounds pretty based desu
>>
>>671319
Server isn't shutting down anon. I am still running the OG server we just did a nu one with more mods/risk of changes during restarts because the old world is around 250gb
>>
>>671556
Dove, you really need to address these accusations:
>>671196
>>671214
>>671216
>>
Is Florida worth it?
>>
>>671597
No. You'll get trapped in random holes people dug.
>>
>>671597
Yeah, it's comfy. Just watch out for the alligators and shitty infrastructure, though.
>>
File: 2022-07-28_18-08-52.png (585 KB, 1280x850)
585 KB
585 KB PNG
What is alcohol good for?
>>
>>671561
Oh I didn't look
>>671196
Kek, a few years ago r9k had a tranny issue and I joined random servers to shitpost and lurk and wound up in that screenshot. Surprised it still circulates.
>>671216
I used to use r9k and I hate trans people.
>>
>>671598
>>671393

Whoever is stuck in whatever holes put your names down and get on, I can TP you guys out.
>>
>>671617
for non spoiling nutrition and unlearn points
>>
>>671617
Easier fruit preservation than jam.
Honey, cattail roots, and animal fat are the only foods as far as I know that never rot (rip cassava) so I like to keep a barrel of honey next to some pig fat for when I plan to leave for a while and come back so I am not fucked if I start in winter.
>>
>>671626
There's also walnut seeds, but I haven't managed to gather enough for them to be a viable source of food.
>>
>>671624
>>671626
But since I never gather fruits, should I even bother with alcohol? Like, right now, I only make alcohol for flavour, but I don't think I can use it for cooking, like boiling meat in wine, or add orange to warm wine and have insulation bonus?
>>
>>671629
No, it just makes you DRUK and write like a retard in chat
>>
>>671633
>write like a retard in chat
...well, fuck.
How odd that a game like Vintage Story had alcohol but no alcohol-based recipe. So what, is it just food that can also be crafted into bandages?
>>
>>671621
sus
>>
>>671629
I mean it all depends. The main things for food is the more diverse your diet it, the longer your saturation/energy lasts and the more health you have. Also eating whatever you have the least of fills you up more (so like your first time making dairy in the game it fills you up like your first meal). If you have a steady meat/grain/veggie supply, that is enough though if you ever get into pvp or you do a lot of mining, it is important to get that health bar up.
>>
>>671636
>The main things for food is the more diverse your diet it, the longer your saturation/energy lasts and the more health you have
I didn't know the first one. Good to know, guess I should stop eating redmeat pies 24/7.
>>
>>671635
Believe what you want but I think trannies are an abomination. I also used to be in occultist servers and one server full of schizophrenic sonic fans. But my discord is permabanned since november for being racist.
>>
>>671640
Based, you're redeemed in my eyes
>>
>>671640
Based dove
>>
File: 2022-07-28_17-14-25.png (417 KB, 1280x850)
417 KB
417 KB PNG
I hate mining, but SO DAMN MUCH...
>>
>>671645
you must triangulate the ore if you're using node search
>>
>>671648
I tried that. Even switched prospecting mode. I still couldn't find iron.
>>
>>671650
Your best bet would be a naturally spawned giant cave with many tunnel systems that go at least 80 altitude.
>Hematitecan be found in large, deep underground deposits in limestone, granite, peridotite, and phyllite.Magnetitecan be found in andesite, chalk, conglomerate, claystone, and slate.Limonitecan be found in chert, shale, and basalt. Taken as a whole, this means iron ores can generate in any rock layerexceptfor sandstone and bauxite.
>>
>>671623
Tomori
but i'm gonna be out of town today so rip
>>
what use do you give to the coals that you find? i find brown coal to really only be useful for forges and smelting most of the metals , and its plentiful enough for me to not really care.
Charcoal and black coal is only for steelmaking, and anthracite is wayy to rare for me to care, so i just keep it as a sort of literal black gold
>>
>>671617
I wish there was potion making so much bros... The alchemy mod is barebones and doesn't satisfy my autism. And the potion effects are boring, only the recall and heal ones are good.
>>
>>671748
Imagine if alcohol was actually useful
no xskills
>>
>>671754
Drunk retard
>>
>>671748
I'd settle for advanced cooking involving wine. Imagine boiling meat in wine...
Basically https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFIXAvOQBMc

>>671657
Uuurgh.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (4 KB, 128x88)
4 KB
4 KB JPG
Carrots, be proud.
>>
>>671811
Wine, the perfect ingredient for a boeuf bourguignon.
I could also use some olive oil and butter for more advanced recipes desu. There's a cruel lack of multi-diet recipes beside pies.
>>
File: file.png (1.06 MB, 1024x768)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB PNG
>>671813
Mmmmmmm.
Well, there's no beef, but at least there are boars and goats. It's sheep meat I can't stand, personally.
But yeah, it's a bit unfair there's so little food porn. And also, pic related is the only reason I bother herding goats.
>>
File deleted.
First time seeing this thread. I've been shilling this game to friends for years now and I'm glad it caught on somewhere. This game is so good I bought the supporter add-on.
>>
File: mine.jpg (271 KB, 962x641)
271 KB
271 KB JPG
>>671645
I love mining.
>>
>>671821
I love mining iron
i love mining copper
hate everything else
Solution? trinitrotoluene and chemistry added to game
>>
File: 1465250835144.jpg (62 KB, 548x705)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>671820
You join a thread you've never seen and your first instinct is to pseudo-namefag and make sure everyone knows you were doing it before it was cool?
>>
>>671826
Uploaded the wrong screenshot. I cropped it out in the other one.
>>
>>671824
Or go fantasy and have iron golems.

>>671821
I hate it. I'd pick almost anything over mining.
>>
>>671624
doesn't it spoil now?
>>
i've made it, i've finally made it after slacking off for 100 hours i made it, i made my first cementation furnace and finally got steel, so now the only thing leftover is..
Now what? Ive "beaten" the game, theres nothing left to do but just build, and even then mawpc
>>
>>671858
Now install mods.
>>
>>671858
Now make mods
>>
>>671914
God i wish, would add some sort of functionality to stainless steel as an optional upgrade to normal steel with +30% durability and 10% higher mining speed because it uhhh..doesn't rust lol
>>
>>671858
Join multiplayer and make autism builds.
>>
is the server down? i try to join using http://144.126.153.95:28300/

but it keeps telling me the target machine actively refused connection
>>
>>671858
Find titanium and make a better furnace that you won't constantly need to repair. Make steel armour so you can explore deep underground without constantly being in fear of a bell or sawblade locust wrecking your shit.

Stepping away from steel based benefits: Build a translocator network to give yourself quick access to multiple biome types or climates ranges. Explore the arctic. Raise animals to higher generations to where they won't run when you get close or attack you during milking. Complete your "lore" collection. Press 'J' Learn the joys of chiseling.
>>
>>671977
nvm
>>
>>671979
yeah guess i could try and grind for that sweet sweet steel plate armor, the maluses are a bitch but i guess thats what you get when you become nigh-indestructible
>>
>>672000
Maluses are worth it if you only wear it while cave diving.
>>
>>668913
can anyone give me a step by step to get to sumeria
>>
>>672056
Walk there. We don't share all the paths in the thread, thank wigger for that. You can also try to ask in game chat.
>>
>>672059
Are you that concerned that a guy who won't even kill a few drfiters for a single temporal gear is going to bother going to sumeria, even with the TLs?
>>
>>672060
You don't know what he's capable of, he got a katar a couple of times god knows where and could kill anyone not wearing armor
>>
>>672060
wiggers a malignant cancer that spreads anywhere theres a or stone path
>>
>xskills medieval expansion larger stacks and lichen dev are all ukrainian
server is never getting updated IT OVER
>>
>>672238
what is it about slavs that make the most kino mods for games
>>
varadox you are subhuman
>>
>Mine obsidian
>make portal frame
>light it on fire
>doesnt work
wtf bros
>>
>>672279
Sorry, no Nether here. Try an Aether portal tho, I'm sure it'll work fine. :^)
>>
>>672265
>>
>>672199
nigger doesn't even play anymore
>>
>>672304
He literally just came on now, realised he was stripped out of all privileges, died to something and left
>>
>>672300
wojak was a mistake
>>
>Cut down an entire jungle to feed 10 cementation furnace
ahh.. the joys of deforestation
>>
>>672254
Boring lives in grey landscapes inspire creativity as escapism, except for the UK

>>672279
You have to do the corners
>>
>>672327
Now build a giant black tower and grow a long beard
>>
File: images (13).jpg (10 KB, 199x253)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
how do i tell these assholes that making me work from 6 to 5:30 is actual fucking slavery
i spend all my day thinking about all the things i'll get to do once i get home but instead just go and lay down for an hour then fall asleep, the only goals i have for this job is to finally fucking quit in winter
>>
>>672506
>6 to 5:30
Is that even legal? Where do you work?
>>
>>672506
vintage story?
>>
File: 1608490907113.jpg (259 KB, 650x637)
259 KB
259 KB JPG
>>672506
HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT
>>
>>672518
kansas
yes of course its fucking legal because the united states of shartia has nothing against forcing workers to do overtime
normal schedule is up to 4:30, which still means i have to work 50 hours a week because working fridays which is supposed to be overtime has become a normal thing in this shitty factory
what do i get out of it? 22.50$ for every hour after 40, under that is all $15/hr
and whats next, do i get to avtually quit? no because every company i apply for afterwards isnt gonna hire anybody who quit on their 3rd week of their last job
>>
>factory work
>base pay is 15/h
>get almost 23/h guaranteed overtime
Genuinely shut the fuck up you little bitch
That's good easy money and I would gladly take it over the 8000 types of retail/customer service hell
>>
Tyron confirmed a 4chan shitposter. Hi Tyron.
>>
>>672652
>implying discord hasn't spent the last 5 years turning pointed arrows into bastardized quotation mark when typed
>>
>>672661
But it's been used for that purpose for decades.
>>
>>672652
>>672661
greentext has long been bastardized and are known merely as the "meme arrows" outside of this mongolian basket-weaving forum
>>
>>672661
>>672668
Joking about Tyron aside, most of the time I see meme arrows on YouTube or elsewhere, I'm fairly certain it's 4channers since they're usually >implying rather than quoting and generally saying something too spicy for a normie to utter without fear of being canceled.
>>
>>672652
I'm not going to out him but I have it on good authority that one of the EU players on the server (hasn't been on in a minute) knows Tyron IRL. It's not that big a game.
>>
how many people play your vintage story server? during weekends and weekdays averages?
>>
>>672767
Just me
>>
File: 2022-08-03_00-51-56.png (2.81 MB, 1920x1017)
2.81 MB
2.81 MB PNG
Friendly reminder to do a sweep of the surrounding area before you decide on a base location. Don't wanna realize you've built right next to a temporally unstable zone and have it cut into your planned building area.
>>
>>672665
About as old as the Internet. 4chan uses the implication triangles for quoting because email did it, but it actually originates from Usenet back in the eighties.
>>
>>672767
Carrot how old are you?
>>
>>672819
>>
>>672819
Is Carrot dead?
>>
varadox admin = kompromitacja cwela
>>
File: 2022-08-03_18-26-46.png (1.26 MB, 1920x1080)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB PNG
What's a good use for my meteoric iron?
>>
>>673124
Armor.
>>
>>673124
Tools

You can go far enough without maxing out your armor
>>
>>673124
just keep it and make a huge stash for flexing
>>
>>673124
Build a tower to launch it back into space and teach those alien bastards who launched it at us a lesson for the dinosaurs they took from us.
A lesson called extinction.
>>
Is VS popular on 4chin?

Cause it seems to be always at the top
>>
>>673200
Depends on what you consider popular. Last year it was very alive and every thread was hitting bump limit within a few days. A few months ago it was dead and it took over a month before a thread died. They're currently lasting about 2 weeks so it's starting to pick up a bit again.

Going by comments, it looks like 3-4 people have mentioned considering picking it up just in this most recent thread. It's slowly but increasingly gaining in popularity I'd say.
>>
>>673200
I shill it in every Minecraft thread I see on /v/
>>
File: 2938472.jpg (40 KB, 492x623)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>673330
I shill it on /mmcg/ everytime someone discusses tfc
and i always initiate discussion about tfc
>>
>>673346
Based
>>
File: rift niggers.png (1.1 MB, 1680x1050)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB PNG
What actions give survival experience?
Also, fuck rift niggers.
>>
>>673398
Literally just live.
>>
File: borzoi.jpg (60 KB, 729x486)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
Hello friends and associates.

I would like to pirate this game. Please provide linkage.

Thank you fridns.
>>
>>673569
1.17.0 Pre 3:

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:46A39F4999A3569DFE959A108F030C53CE76323F&dn=Vintage+Story+v1.17.0+Pre+3&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopentor.org%3A2710%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.torrent.eu.org%3A451%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.moeking.me%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.opentrackr.org%3A1337%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.stealth.si%3A80%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.theoks.net%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fretracker.lanta-net.ru%3A2710%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fmovies.zsw.ca%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.opentrackr.org%3A1337%2Fannounce&tr=http%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3A80%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopentracker.i2p.rocks%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.internetwarriors.net%3A1337%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fcoppersurfer.tk%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.zer0day.to%3A1337%2Fannounce

1.16.3:

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:BDF68CF28D81972900BD4AC1ACFDFD665EDE8CD8&dn=Vintage+Story+v1.16.3&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopentor.org%3A2710%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.torrent.eu.org%3A451%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.moeking.me%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.opentrackr.org%3A1337%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.stealth.si%3A80%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.theoks.net%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fretracker.lanta-net.ru%3A2710%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fmovies.zsw.ca%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.opentrackr.org%3A1337%2Fannounce&tr=http%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3A80%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopentracker.i2p.rocks%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.internetwarriors.net%3A1337%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fcoppersurfer.tk%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.zer0day.to%3A1337%2Fannounce
>>
>>673571
Do you know if multiplayer works with either of these versions?
>>
>>668913
GUYS HOLY SHIT NOT A DRILL NOT A DRILL FUCK FUCK FUCK NOT A DRILL HOLLLLY SHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
https://youtu.be/x6vCeIS7Nvw
>>
>>673589
old news
>>
>>673596
:(
>>
getting to florida is more challenging than i thought it would be
>>
Now that Minecraft is dying, what can we do to signal boost this game? I already shill it to all my friends, is there much more I can do than that without being obnoxious
>>
>>673621
newfag here, I've never played this game, is it really that good?
>>
>>673626
Its minecraft but focused on the autistic chore mods side and a lot of nice qol stuff built in already.
>>
>>673621
If Minecraft dies for good
Then the YouTubers will most likely move on to mods and stuff

After that's gone boring then let's see what happens

Minecraft's recent success was solely based on childhood nostalgia
And players returned to Minecraft solely for that purpose
>>
>>673626
This >>673632

but the reason I want it to gain more traction is because of the modding tools and C# engine. Imagine what kind of servers, or custom/Adventure maps would be possible in this game. Hell I'm sure with some of the current mods available already you could design a full fledged campaign if you really wanted to, with a story and side quests and everything.

The creatives of the Minecraft fanbase would flourish in this game if only they knew it existed.
>>
>>673626
It is great for small scale building. Also blocks and items have actual value because of the grind so stores have way more use in multiplayer (unlike in mc where blocks are so easy to farm and get that no one actually buys shit and inflation is huge)
Also with regional resources, class specialization, and xskills nation building is a good thing. But the multiblock chisel is peak tism for builders and vm has some cool builds to find in the og and current.
>>
>>673637
Not being held back by java is certainly a huge boon
>>
File: 1635710400827.png (2.89 MB, 1904x1007)
2.89 MB
2.89 MB PNG
The God Rays add a whole new level to this game's visuals
>>
even with the small playerbase the builds ive seen so far are amazing. the things that those autistic minecraft creators could achieve with chiselling would be fantastic
>>
>>673714
Yeah. Tc, csam, chef, carrot, vara, rockum, nots, pox, purpleheart, all come to mind (among others (us)). Some of the best builds I have ever seen in block games have come to you autists. I also love some of the stories like all the retarded expeditions and events. Who built the rimtown swastika btw that thing must have taken ages.
>>
Are there any current uses for dry fruit mash?
>>
>>673747
pig feed or glitching infinite amounts of it by putting it back into the press and taking it back out for composting

that really is it unfortunately because
>lmao expanded foods is broke :))))
>>
>>673685
Check out this one lol
https://mods.vintagestory.at/show/mod/2554#files
>>
>>673723
We still don't know. Or at least I don't.
>>
File: steeltism.jpg (279 KB, 1024x990)
279 KB
279 KB JPG
>no autismo endgame steel free-for-all alloying for enhanced properties and colors
tyrone pls
>>
>Tweak: Added recipes for straw, bamboo, and top hats.
>>
>>673865
Unless we somehow come across new fuels with higher burning temps, we won't be able to do proper steel alloying, even current in game process is wrong and made wrong for convinience of the player.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cementation_process
>>
Does vs have electricity or something like redstone in-game?
>>
File: 1533255471433.png (272 KB, 1056x1089)
272 KB
272 KB PNG
>>672644
You will never have a real career. You have no skills, you have no interests, you have no education. You are an emotionless cuck twisted by perscription drugs and cigarettes that fill your lungs with tar.
All the "validation" you get is two faced and half-hearted. Behind your back people mock you. Your boss uses you and loathes you, your coworkers laugh at your overweight body that struggles to stand up to work all day.
Customers are utterly repulsed by you. For thousands of years man has worked for the sake their own, keeping the fruits of their work. Even though you get overtime pay the money is not enough to satiate your depressing brought on by rampant consuming. Even if you manage to get a spike of happiness on a drunk friday evening, you will immediately sober up when you get called to work on saturday like every other week.
You will never be happy. You qretch out a fake smile every morning and tell yourself its going to be OK, but deep down you can feel your depression creeping up like a weed to crush you under the unbearable weight.
Eventually it'll become too much to bear - you'll get memed into college, fail your first semester, and plunge into neverending debt as you try to salvage it by switching majors. One day your parents will find your bill and stop paying it off for you, and force you to go back to the job you thought you could just walk out on as soon as you found an unobtainable goal. They'll kick you out and you'll be in a rundown apartment afforded by your shitty credit score, and every time someone drives past the complex they'll see the slums inhabited by crackheads and psychopaths. You'll eventually die here and the life insurance you paid so much for will go to your debts and your family will forget about you.
This is your fate. This is what you chose. There is no turning back.
>>
>>673963
Mechanical power. So wind.
>>
>>673976
>You have no skills
I have x-skills, buttmunch
>>
>>673963
No just wind powered axles to crush hammer or grind
>>
>>674080
>make aesthetic medieval manor build
>try to fit in windmills to power severals rows of pulverizers and helve hammers
>end with clusterfuck of funny looking windmills
what the fuck is this, waterwheels when
>>
>>674087
We already have them, as a mod anyway.
>>
>>673979
>>674080
Are there plans to eventually progress beyond medieval tech? I'm kinda 50/50 on whether that's even a good idea.
>>
>>674089
Steam is gonna be the endgoal for power, so early industrial revolution tech at most probably, but that's far, far away for now.
>>
>>674092
>steam
Hmm. I just hope they keep the methodical, slow, detailed nature of the systems. I'm thinking of shit like minecraft mods where once you get a sufficiently advanced level of technology it becomes dead simple. I'd rather that the complexity increase with the level of technology.
>>
>>674092
so.. mechanized looms and slightly better steelmaking ?
>>
>>674094
If they plant to introduce better mechanics they should model it on Create (that one mod for mc). I'd rather have "freeform" mechanisms that can be combined and created to your liking, rather than create magic block, attach axle to it and it magically produces A as long as you provide it with B and power
>>
>no servers with random spawns, no map, blank nametags, and proximity chat
A man can dream at least
>>
File: 1659385557519039.jpg (79 KB, 797x448)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>i have to work saturday aswell now
FUCK ALL YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE FAGGOTS WHO MEMED ME INTO DOING "LE CARPENTRY" FUCKING KILL YOURSELVES, THIS IS MISERABLE DOGSHIT LABOR MY FUCKING HOURS THIS WEEK ARE GONNA GO UP TO NEARLY FUCKING 60, MY EARS ARE CONSTANTLY FUCKING RINGING AND MY LEGS AND HANDS NEVER GET A FUCKING BREAK FROM THIS SHIT, I HOPE YOU PRETENTIOUS FAGGOTS WHO WANT OVERTIME BECAUSE YOURE THE KIND OF FUCKING MISTAKES IN THIS FUCKING WORLD THAT CAUSED 80 POUNDS OF WOOD TO BE DUMPED TODAY BECAUSE THIS DIPSHIT WHO ACTS LIKE TOP SHIT CANT FUCKING READ A TAPE MEASURE
>>
>>674101
Get earplugs and use CBD lotion on your hands LOL
>>
>>674101
>MY EARS ARE CONSTANTLY FUCKING RINGING
Do you not wear hearing protection? Lol. Congrats on giving yourself permanent damage and likely tinnitus.
>>
>>674101
Learn to code :^)
>>
File: 19273.jpg (27 KB, 296x445)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>674101
lol
lmao even
>>
>>674107
>>674123
i do, but earplugs wont save you when you work 10 hours a day listening to constant machine hums, loud beeping, and their retardedly loud microwave
>>
>>674179
>just earplugs
Earplugs AND earmuffs retard. Double up.
>>
>>674182
ah good idea
>>
>>674101
give me your job
>>
>>674101
>once again I find myself in a situation that is indisputably somebody (anybody's) else's fault but my own
Classic Nots. Now start doing cardio and lifting when you get home.
>>
File: deepwater jew cave.jpg (453 KB, 1920x1080)
453 KB
453 KB JPG
>>
>>674272
How do you get the game to display the info on the top right like that?
>>
>>674282
Left. I mean left. I need to sleep.
>>
>>674100
You mean the failed second server?
>>
>>674306
The what
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (297 KB, 1920x1080)
297 KB
297 KB JPG
>>674272
>>
>>674283
VSHud.
>>
File: 2022-08-04_19-29-39.png (1.92 MB, 1920x1017)
1.92 MB
1.92 MB PNG
Improved the public forge at Temenos.
>>
>>674359
Literally who?
>>
>>674328
Somebody throw up the iceberg image
>>
but seriously how many people play your servers at on avg daily not during work hours
I don't want to be alone in an endless expanse...
>>
>>674385
Anon, even if you played this game with other players you're still alone in an empty expanse. :)
>>
>>674359
Shit. Carrot here, I forgot I was logged and died in my Temenos shed. Now people are gunna hang out in city limits and despawn my gear. At least I don't have to walk back to Sumeria now.
>>
>>674395
If you remember what it was I can just reimburse you.
>>
>>674393
sound like a boring experience ngl
why would i want to be alone in a game when im already alone and without friends irl
>>
Please add Carry Capacity to the server admin please thank you bye
>>
>>674393
b-but you can visit each other...
>>
>>674399
But I do
>>
>>674404
no because some retarded fag said its a cheat
>>
>>674418
How is it a cheat? Does it bypass claims?
>>
>>674282
https://mods.vintagestory.at/vshud
>>
>>669260
h&h new world starts soon just play that if you are so interested
>>
>>674428
Probably not but we'll never know
>>
>>673963
on top of what other anons said, there's also item transportation via chutes & hoppers. but other than that there's no electricity or any way to create logic ingame. there is a really promising logic/redstone-like mod that's in development but it's far from finished afaik.
>>
is it better to have 4 helve hammer working on 4 blooms or 4 helve hammers working on one single bloom
>>
File: iceborg2.jpg (1.89 MB, 2450x2750)
1.89 MB
1.89 MB JPG
>>674383
RETVRN (to Frenzone)
>>
>>674272
how are you so stable
>>
Does anyone have the link to carrot's channel?
>>
>>674404
I might. Adding prim tools before my trip. Gunna test out rail mod before I decide though there is a chance tyron adds boats next update which could fuck up a mount system and break sbr.
>>
>>674393
But you can join towns or do events
>>
>>674744
https://onlyfans.com/littlecarrott
>>
>>674746
nocheatingfag btfo by based dove
>>
I didn't know about wildfires and accidentally burned my seedbox. Goodbye my only five lettuce seeds.
>>
File: cat feeling scale.jpg (133 KB, 735x779)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
>>674807
>over 120 hours of playtime in this world and have never seen a single leaf of lettuce
I got a good amount of plants. Rye, flax, spelt, onion, parsnip, turnip, carrot and even pumpkin. But there's apparently so many more and I'll need to basically travel to the edge of the universe to find them. It's a conflicted kind of feeling. On one hand, it's nice to have variety, and I'm glad I haven't reached the bottom of the farming game yet. But at the same time, I never might, unless I'm ready to put another hundred hours into it.
>>
>>674820
lettuce isn't in the game, he probably meant cabbage. Cabbage also doesn't spawn naturally the way most plants do, you need to either find the seeds in seed vessels, or just buy them from a trader.
>>
>>674825
Yeah i meant cabbage.
>>
>>674744
hmu when I sign on tonight and I'll let u in
>>
File: 2022-08-05_20-23-56.png (1.6 MB, 1920x1080)
1.6 MB
1.6 MB PNG
>>
has guac or whoever made the slums been on
>>
>>674746
>prim tools
pointless. only gives wigger tools to break stuff and takes away an entire stage from new players.
>carry capacity
not really cheating and quite useful but made by a deranged troon. pick your poison.
>>
>Iron mine ran out
well shit, guess i gotta prospect to keep the iron industry blooming (heh)
AHRGHHHHH IM IM.. IM PROSPECTIIIIIIIIING
>>
File: 1653870811427.png (3.75 MB, 1904x1007)
3.75 MB
3.75 MB PNG
>>
>>674981
horrid terrain desu
looks like mc modern shitfest
>>
File: 1652906852802.png (3.37 MB, 1904x1007)
3.37 MB
3.37 MB PNG
>>674996
Is this better
>>
>>674981
I want to carve faces into the cliffs so they can look down upon the world and judge everything
>>
>>675019
Yeah. I can just imagine the giant visage of George Floyd, staring down at the lesser beings come to worship him.
>>
>>674981
looks like real life
>>
File: 1634083892053.png (3.22 MB, 1904x1007)
3.22 MB
3.22 MB PNG
>>675017
>>
>>675023
where in the world are the floating rocks located
>>
>>675026
Angel Island
>>
>>675026
himelayas, antarctica, and translyvania. anywhere that has vampires
>>
>>675017
>>675024
yes, its kino
>>
File: 1657486934404.png (2.83 MB, 1904x1007)
2.83 MB
2.83 MB PNG
>>675024
>>
If i have claystone on top and bauxite underneath, does it prevent halite from spawning?
>>
>put every option on max easy mode in world creation
ahh now this is comfy, difficulty of minecraft, but all the robustness of vintage story
>>
File: 1635744132718.png (3.89 MB, 1920x1080)
3.89 MB
3.89 MB PNG
>>675050
>>
i got out :^)
>>
>>674746
https://mods.vintagestory.at/show/mod/600
nobody will ever interact with each other on the server until this is added. even with the best translocator paths setup it takes like 30 fucking minutes to get somewhere.
>but they'll break le translocator
you need steel to break it and you can build more
>but le frontier
there's nothing there except bamboo. you can hop through your mental gymnastics trying to prove me wrong but I will cut you down at every bulletin. add this mod before you go AFK for 3 months
>>
>>675055
I've been thinking of running 200% on resources for a new world. I think when next version is finally stable.
>>
>>675213
But trekking across land is fun :(
>>
>>675266
not them but it really isnt
i'm never going back to temenos/spawn and by extension anything north of it, not because i don't like the areas, but because i'd rather not get eaten by wolves in the 20 spawn zones with them along the long ass path between teleports
exception being the last teleport and path to florida, of which there is none because it's fucking miles off in the middle of nowhere, but the routes i've taken haven't had any sign of wolves at least
>>
>>675268
Weird complaint. Even with just gambeson it's incredibly difficult for wolves to actually kill you.
>>
>>675272
haven't gone on the road since i got real armor
making the trek in a log suit is suffering

especially that one part by west virginia, with all the water
for whatever reason there's fuckloads right along the road there, and the lanterns just so happened to stop existing in the highest activity zone
>>
wigger stole my shit
>>
What days of the week and at what time is the server its most active.
Genuine question. :^)
>>
>>675426
Why would it not be genuine?
Probably Saturdays. I have seen decent monday and tues pop. Idk the player base is around the world and they join at weird times. Maybe around 7-9pm central? Sometimes around 7 am central
>>
>>675431
Are you retarded?
>>
I discovered an infinite wine exploit.
>>
>>675371
What's the damage?

>>675469
Do tell, I already found an infinite compost trick.
>>
>>675469
>>675483
I only know the infinite pie exploit
>>
>>675485
Infinite pie is great for when you didn't pack enough food for a trip but don't want to head home yet. Just need a keep an eye on your hunger to keep it above the threshold for not totally consooming a slice.

Compost^3 is basically just duping dry berry mash for a while. Just try putting it back in the juicer, it'll go in but not take it, then take it out with an empty hand, and you get infinite compostable material.
I even got a macro set up to automate it, just need to keep an eye on it since it occasionally skips a step and switches between the wrong slots. Easy to fix, but I'm lazy and don't want to rewrite my shit.

Also, useful tip, if you need to you can float upwards very slowly if you hold jump and place ladders inside claimed areas.
Had to figure that out to get out of a hole I was stuck in for a few days.
>>
Infinite wine involves 2 full buckets of it stacked and then dripping it using shift into the barrel. I discovered it accidentally in a single player.
>>
>>675514
neat
I'll give it a shot and see if I can replicate it later
>>
>>675520
you can dupe slaked lime for mortar and tannin too
>>
>>675520
>>675589
Why not just go play in creative mode?
>>
>>675603
Tyron should fix it in the new patch so why not share it with everyone?
>>675520
Did it work for you?
>>
>Dude
>cheats
>lmao
>>
>>675485
>>675483
The infinite wine is a rounding error when moving liquid between jugs. Have a stack jugs with liquid in them, then pick an additional jug and start right clicking on the stack. The jugs should fill up a little every click. If it doesn't work, drink from the single jug and try again. It seems to always work when using an empty jug on a stack of seven full ones.
I spent a shitload of time making a ton of wine for the winter and now it has proven pointless.
>>
>>675646
I thought wine was pointless to begin with.
>>
>>675689
It's my first winter and i have no bees. Wine is the only way to maintain my fruit macros. I have some apples, but i don't think they'll be enough.
>>
>>675714
Just grow grain instead.
>>
>>675736
That's grain. It gives you grain nutrition. Wine gives you fuit nutrition. Gotta hit those macros.
>>
This game inspired me to cook some vegetable stew. I turned out quite nice.
>>
>>675788
What were the ingredients?
>>
>>675794
Onion, parsnip, root cellery, tomato, jalopeno
Seasoned with garlic, thyme, white pepper, ginger, allspice, smoked ground bell pepper and balsamic vinegar.
>>
>>675798
Sounds pretty good. But no carrots? Potato?
>>
>>675816
I'm allergic to carrots, i can eat them cooked, but handling them can get quite unpleasant. Potato would go into it quite nicely, but i'm a bit bored of potato, pasta and rice and try to replace them with other ingredients every now and then. Next time i will try adding some mushrooms.
Vintage Story made me realize that i had never cooked with parsnip and couldn't even recall what it tastes like. Turns out that it's very delicious and massively underrated.
>>
>>675627
You got niggers in here bitching about NEEDING stack and inventory mods. You really think they wouldn't abuse any cheat they can find?
>>
>>675880
I probably would use dupes in a server, but never in a singleplayer world. Would ruin it.
>>
>>675888
My bowls are duping on their own. The only way to prevent it is to never it from a stack.
>>
what's there to do in vintage story?
is it fast to get to "end game"?
is the terrain generation realistic? I dont like minecrafts terrain because its not very realistic and has more "randomness" than smooth and steepness
, the OP pic looks good because it has a clear flat area and clear cliffs/walls to build
>>
>>675930
progress through tech ages and become a chisel autist
depends if you can find the metals you need or not
you still get flying dildos and shit but it is more natural overall
>>
>>675934
what's the end game like
are there any big/scary enemies or stuff I have to worry about?
>>
>>675937
Lore update is next, which might add new end-game content or enemies. As of now all you got is the wildlife and different drifter tiers.

I guess locusts and shit too but whatever.
>>
>>675937
endless iron/steel drudgery or meteor hunting if you wanna get spicy with it
only 4 aggro mobs are wolves, drifters, locusts, and hyenas.
I've seen exactly one locust in a few weeks of playing, zero hyenas.
>>
How many of you guys have actually made it near end-game, or explored other continents? I've put in maybe 100 hours into the game and I never make it past the copper age or left the temperate areas.

Leaves me a lot to enjoy still so I ain't complaining. I do wonder what more Tyron plans to add though. Dungeons or bosses would be cool
>>
File: 2022080636.png (64 KB, 1294x191)
64 KB
64 KB PNG
I hate taxes
>>
>>675953
>le quirky indie dev monetization
best for goodwill
terrible for anything involving finance
>10 years of dev needed to full release VS
Bravo tyrone
>>
Where the fuck do I find underground ruins?
I found a single one in a cave halfway up a glacier mountain and that's it
I've trawled like 4 cave systems from surface to lava and only found shitty 2gear ruins and translocators
Tf do I do
>>
surely the next stable release is any day now

surely
>>
>>675949
It would be strange if we didn't get the golem mentioned in the lore.
>>
is caving a good way to find my first iron vein?
>>
>>676006
Are you playing on this server?
>>
>>676011
no in singleplayer
>>
>>675947
I discovered a den of locusts right under my base. Haven't gone to that cave again.
>>
>>676006
just use the prospecting pick
>>
>>675930
The best part of the game is building, a lot of the rest is garbage or rough around the edges
>>
How do the different mods interact? Does the xskills sword damage boost apply to all swords, or just the longblades?
>>
>>676226
i have no idea, i can't tell if spearman buffs partisans and halberds.
>>
>>676231
I'll experiment with it when i have the time.
>>
>>670328
at this point just breach these fucks and leak the files. Hytale feels like waiting for the return of Christ.
>>
>>676285
They got the CCP funding, it's already over before it started
>>
>>676172
>first time playing
>digging shaft to find iron vein in iron rich chunks
>3/4 of the way there suddenly hear screaching noises from hell
>>
It would be good if the VS world wrapped itself around, As in you could go North pole -> Equator -> South pole -> Equator -> North pole. Not the weird edge it has right now, and a bit more natural and rewarding to truly explore everything the world has to see
>>
>>676345
>first time playing
>find translocator under base
>fix it
>it takes me to the bottom of the world
>under a mountain
>drifters swarm me
>run away
>get lost
>start digging up
>copper pick runs out of durability because i stopped to mine the biggest copper vein i had seen so far
>have to escape with my propick
>reach a cave just as pick runs out of durability
>have to escape the cave with no pick and 6 ladders
>meet a bell
>manage to kill it with copper sword
>barely make it out with amazing parkour to save ladders
>find a trader cart at the exit
>decide to stuff my things inside his chests then kill myself and retrieve the stuff later
>tell chat that i'm killing myself because translocator was a fuck
Then Varadox teleported me home.
>>
>>676389
it does though you just have a world border set.
>>
>>676389
>As in you could go North pole -> Equator -> South pole -> Equator -> North pole.
How would you accomplish this? Wrapping it so that the north pole and the south pole are the same pole is trivial, but getting anything that resembles an actual sphere is much trickier.
>>
>>676439
Take the easy way out and make the world a cube.
>>
>>676449
How will you handle gravity at the edges?
>>
>>676477
you dont need to actually make the world a cube, so long as it gives the impression of being a continous spherical/cubical world is fine, aka math trickery
>>
>>676477
There wouldn't be any edges, it could be like those 2D games where you just loop on the other side.
>>
>>676500
That would just bring up the question of what happens if you dig straight down.
>>
>>676501
nothing
>>
>>676501
If you dig too much straight down you would find the planet's core and you die.
>>
>>676506
Can you die of overheating? If so then just getting close to the core would burn you to ashes.
>>
>>676497
>>676500
Okay, so how will you handle the corners? A cube-shaped wrap will inevitably have exactly eight points in the world where instead of four blocks meeting, there's three.
>>
>Windows is caching something
>Because it's Windows, this means that the System process occasionally blocks literally everything else from accessing the hard drive because it needs to read some file right fucking now and it's taking more than a few hundred milliseconds
>Get a Host Not Responding error in single player because Vintage Story can't access the save file
Thanks Bill
>>
>>676556
works fine on my machine bro
>>
File: file.png (191 KB, 1015x770)
191 KB
191 KB PNG
>>676550
Just don't think of it as a cube. Just a plane that loops back on itself. This could work but then I noticed the way I thought only would make sense if you go parallel to the equator. So I don't know anymore.
>>
>>676564
Exactly. The way most games with a wrapping world map do it is by just wrapping the north pole back to the south pole and ignoring the issue. The world becomes a torus instead of a sphere, but you only really notice when crossing the polar region, and how often is anyone going to be doing that?
If you want to do it properly, that's going to be a problem.
>>
File: file.png (887 KB, 1422x1000)
887 KB
887 KB PNG
>>676564
Why even complicate it that much

literally every SNES jrpg had that solved decades ago.
>>
File: file.png (124 KB, 889x570)
124 KB
124 KB PNG
>>676564
Yeah it's an interesting problem. What about this. Each face in a cube could be a chunk, I don't know codding or how chunks are loaded but maybe the game could load the corresponding one when the player gets close, so in the case of going parallel to the equator could be loaded without being noticeable, that way you wouldn't have to deal with edges just like >>676497 said.

>>676588
Yeah but that map has no poles. I didn't think about it a first so doing that would result in the world having only a "pole".
>>
File: file.png (1.81 MB, 1179x854)
1.81 MB
1.81 MB PNG
>>676591
>Yeah but that map has no poles.
snowy area on top and bottom
issue solved
Its basically like that already just without wrapping
>>
File: file.png (581 KB, 426x831)
581 KB
581 KB PNG
>>676598
It makes sense in 2D but not in a 3D world I think. When going from pole to pole you have to pass through the equator. I'm probably explaining myself like shit but I hope you get what I mean. If you go north you skip the equator which doesn't make sense in 3D.
>>
>>676591
>Yeah but that map has no poles
that's good considering wigger's behaviour
>>
File: file.png (10 KB, 800x600)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
>>676606
>It makes sense in 2D but not in a 3D world I think.
It is quite literally the same thing in this case.
We're on a square block grid looking at a square map. Vintage Story is already looping north/south but instead of actually truly looping its just generating an entire new world each time you cross a "pole"/equator. It's just two equators. Left/right also extends infinitely but you already normalize that from our IRL globe.

I'm not sure why you're having trouble understanding wrapping top to bottom when left to right is already doing the same thing.
>>
Can one of you guys do me a quick favor and make a full-fledged Pixelmon-like mod for this game, it would be much appreciated
>>
Can one of you guys do me a quick favor and make a full-fledged Thaumcraft mod for this game, it would be much appreciated
>>
Can one of you guys do me a quick favor and make a full-fledged Galacticraft mod for this game, it would be much appreciated and also I'm not joking please do it fuck these other guys
>>
>>676641
Pokemon is cringe

>>676662
Thaumcraft is the stupidest of the magic mods

>>676665
There's a few steps missing between steel age and space travel

>>676641
Pokemon is CRINGE
>>
>>676641
>>676662
>>676665
what did he mean by this
>>
>>676676
>There's a few steps missing between steel age and space travel
just make other mods to fill in the blanks it can't be that hard
>>
>>676676
YOU'RE cringe
>>
>>676676
YOU'RE the stupidest
>>
>>676641
>>676662
>>676665
good idea
>>
>>676641
retarded idea
>>676662
maybe
>>676665
maybe
>>
>thread moves at speed of light
>server barely clips three players at any given time
really makes you thunk
>>
>>676704
I'm just wainting for my autism to recharge so I can make a ziggurat.
>>
>>676591
The problem with the cube is the corners, like >>676550 said. There's going to be eight anomaly points on the map, where the cube faces meet, and you have a block corner with only three blocks around it. It's mathematically impossible to get rid of them.
The best I can think of is placing an infinitely tall indestructible tower at each corner. Maybe put an endgame dungeon there, with the entrance rigged so that the interior of the tower is on a separate grid.
>>
>>676704
I play singleplayer and only visit this whole board because it's the only place where people are reliably talking about Vintage Story.
>>
>>676704
I only play singleplayer LMAO
>>
>>676712
This, you can't talk about this game on /v/.
>>
>>676712
remember the /vint/ alamo
>>
>>676718
why?
>>
>>676724
No interest + people complaining about the extra steps for crafting stuff + board too fast + people dismissing it instantly because they think it's a modpack. And the usual /v/'s favorite: "stop shilling the game!!".
>>
Do any of you have custom music packs that you've made, or can recommend?
I know Tyron doesn't want them on the moddb but I'm wondering if there's any other resource where I can get them, if not here
>>
>>676704
I hop between building up my single player world and the server.
>>
this game ost is uhh.. decent.. not great.. not bad either.. just very decent, only one slightly above the rest is the main menu music but maybe thats just because i got accostumed to it, and also because of its cozy nostalgic "come home" feeling, everything else doesnt really stick as much as i'd want
>>
admin pls add smoke and powder mod pls i need to use breech-loading musket ok many thanks
>>
What class are you all playing and what xskills professions did you pick?
>>
>>676784
farmer and metalworker
>why?
goddamn i hate breaking skips and bloomeries
>>
>>676791
fucked up how there's no upgraded skip by default
>>
>>676784
malefactor because i didn't know any better
miner/blacksmith to offset xp penalties until i get them high enough that i can switch to something else
>>
>>676784
Blackguard, miner and timelord. I mine and fight.
>>
>>676815
>miner
based
>timelord
cringe
>>
>>676817
Timelord gives really good mining and combat bonuses.
>>
>Primitive Survival has plenty of options for catching fish
>except traditional fishing
for what purpose
>>
give me magnetite or give me death
>>
>>676844
present neck for sword chopping
>>
>>676844
Do the different iron ores have different uses?
>>
>>676849
no they only exist for flavor as of now, they are all functionally the same
thank god for that, iron is already a bitch to find, imagine being required to find limonite in an granite igneous province that spans several kms to progress in the tech tree
>>
>>676591
Imagine you are on the middle, red square, superflat world. You walk forwards to the square on the top, and turn 90° left. You walk forwards again and turn left 90°. You repeat this one more time, walk and another 90° turn. You are back where you started, looking in the same direction as before, yet you walked in three straight lines, making a triangle that has all 90° angles. If you lay a fence as you walk you have an enclosure of three square angle corners.
You made a full turn in only three quarter turns, that's fucked up.
>>
How do you choose your specializations in XSkill? I chose All-Rounder to level up but now I'm not sure where to choose my next profession
>>
>>676760
I'd say the soundscape as a whole is pretty bad. I usually mute the game music and listen to something else in the background.
>>
i liked the music for the first week
but it heavily favors playing one song repeatedly over most of the other ones for some reason so i turned it off
>>
imagine stealing an armor stand with nothing but a broke ass log suit on it
i can't even be mad because it was essentially just trash, it's just like, why?
>>
>>677042
You choose a profession by selecting one of the exp boosting perks in the other trees. They alll unlock at level 5.
>>
bigthorn here, what happened since i left. did tyron finally buff bread yet?
>>
another day that passes
another lantern stolen
>>
tyrone when are you adding potatoes you massive hack
>>
>>677117
Potatoes are too OP it would break the balance of the game pls understand
>>
>>676760
>>677055
really?
I find it supremely cozy
>>
File: Magic.png (1.28 MB, 1347x1008)
1.28 MB
1.28 MB PNG
>>677095
Missed 'ya, Piethorn
>>
Give me names and I'll whack em.
>>
>>677213
my cock
>>
>>677213
In Roblox?
>>
ALL HANDS ON DECK, BUMP LIMIT REACHED
>>
>>677288
>New thread goes unmade within an attosecond of the bump limit
It never even began.
>>
>>677331
Niche game? Isnt niche a different way to spell
DEAD GAME?
>>
Spending christmas alone and drunk...
>>
How the FUCK do I find copper efficiently
I've been searching for deposits for about 2 irl days now and have only found one
>>
>>677439
You mean surface copper or deep copper?
For deep copper you only really need one.
>>
>>677440
Surface I think? Not sure what the difference is
I've been searching for bits everywhere and using the prospecting pick. It kinda seems like the vast area around my base is very barren though, and I'm not sure if I should relocate or I'm not looking hard enough
>>
>>677439
copper? nigga please
how new are you
>>
>>677441
Surface Copper is the ones directly close to the surface, usually pre-faced by the tiny copper bits on the overworld.

Deep copper is when you're proper caving and you hit an ore vein.
>>
>>677447
Very new actually. Hence the trouble I've been having
>>
>>677441
Surface copper, true to its name, is right next to the surface and comes in little pockets. It can't really be meaningfully searched for, you just walk around until you trip over some.
Deep copper is deep underground, and often generates in huge veins several hundred blocks in size. The best way to find some is to use the prospecting pick density search until you find a rich area, and digging straight down.
>>
ded serbr ded thred
>>
>>677441
the propick doesn't pick up on surface copper in density search mode
just dig around a bunch under surface fragments or use node search mode
>>
>>668913
NEW BREAD
>>677862

>>677862

>>677862
>>
>>676823
He doesn't know.
>>
>>671074
Don't forget that fucking riot is (((financing))) them.
What a messy trainwreck.
>>
>>672652
Its actually possible, he is fairly autistic.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.