[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 32 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

File: xi odin.png (721 KB, 700x982)
721 KB
721 KB PNG
Odin Edition

Previous thread: >>628590

Talk about the game if you still play it, reminisce if you don't, ask questions if you want to learn more. Private server discussion also welcome.

>Official Site
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/index.shtml
>14 Day Trial
https://store.na.square-enix-games.com/en_US/product/442968/final-fantasy-xi-free-trial-pc-download
>Wikis
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Main_Page
https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Main_Page

>What is it?
FFXIV with soul.

>Is it too late to start?
No. Finishing the story content is 100% doable solo thanks to NPC party members and it can be more or less treated as a single player game thanks to this and other systems which have significantly decreased the grind.

>Okay, where do I start?
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Quickstart_1-119_Guide

>I don't want to use a guide.
Yes, you do. The game can be incredibly obtuse and cryptic in certain aspects, and while this was charming and part of the appeal 15 or 20 years ago, it's honestly not worth trying to slog through the game's eccentricates at this point unless you are a turbo autist.
>>
New level 5 WHM, where do I get a weapon? I went to the weapon store in San d-Oria and I can't find anything for a starting WHM. Or am I just supposed to be punching things until I can equip the level 11 club that dropped from a wild rabbit?
>>
>>641468
Can't find a staff anywhere? Look on the AH. Talk to the Sparks NPC and buy one with Sparks. What sever are you on?
>>
>>641473
Phoenix, not on right now though, and won't be for another couple of hours.
>>
>>641476
Well when you do, let me know. I have a linkshell you can join if you want and/or I can help you get a weapon and maybe some other gear.
>>
File: file.png (397 KB, 600x600)
397 KB
397 KB PNG
Friendly reminder that this little nigga is the reason you don't get to hug Prishe when she cries at the end of CoP.

Never forgive and never forget what these repugnant midgets took away from you.
>>
>>641520
I don't like Prishe and I would never hug her anyway.
>>
>>641520
Why would you want to hug what is effectively a rotting corpse?
She is a cursed child.
>>
The only thing wrong with Prishe is that she gets way too many anal doujins. So hard to find ones with vaginal intercourse.
>>
>>641551
Does she have any feet pics?
>>
Is the voracious resurgance stuff hard/soloable? A lot of the rewards seem tight but I know its newish content so I'm avoiding it thinking I need decked out sheol gaol gear
>>
>>641520
Who was this nigga again?
>>
Outside of the free one you get from deeds, what is the expected way of farming pulse weapons?
Do most people just do the 25k merits or is farming voidwatch actually viable? Or is it quicker to just level a whole new mule to 99 and get another one from deeds to send over to your main?
>>
>>641649
Qilin is very fast and easy and might be worth burning through some stabilizers while the campaign is active. Otherwise I think most people do Urmahlullu or buy with merits.
>>
>>641520
>Start playing FFXI JUST so I can give Prishe a hug
fucking DROPPED
>>
I'm kind of lost as to what to do
BLU with decent amount of gear (+2 AF chest, all ayanmo+2, various adhemar/herculean, WSD fully augmented JSE cape, Naegling once my flowers grow for the monthly, Machaera+2, and some not bad but not great accessories, 200 JP and just about every useful blue magic)
Besides farming for Malignance (still haven't gotten a single piece, but I have daybreak, sword, and earring), I don't really know what to do
I don't know anyone and was thinking of leaving Asura to find an LS, is the Phoenix 4chan one a real thing? I don't need to be carried, but I also don't think my gear is at the point where I can be much help
The answer is probably just do it myself, but I never see anything but yells for merc shit here, and I wonder if there's a server out there with common yells for JP farming or non V1VD ambu (or maybe I can do that now, no idea) or any content really
>>
>>641788
I just switched to Phoenix if anyone wouldn't mind sharing the LS
Cobaltzephyr, will be on for a couple more hours
I also just got the Malignance gloves, so I guess I should complain more
>>
>>641649
Voidwatch you pretty much need the campaign (plus 1 rubicund cell, maybe cobalt too not sure entirely), and even then it might be hit or miss. A lot of players report Pulse from Uncharted Nyzul campaigns -- this can be hit or miss too but you also might find other goodies. Apparently the drop rate from Meeble Burrows isn't terrible but I forget how that content progression works exactly, and whether or not it's feasible to farm the bosses. If you know you're doing tons of cleaving, 25k merits is solid especially during an exp campaign. Other than that, T3 Behemoth is popular (the other two T3s are more challenging, if you can solo those with TH4 or 8+ regularly then you probably don't need advice on this matter). I don't think I would bother with another character's deeds, that's a lot of hassle.

>>641788
Job points/mastery probably is the biggest priority. Work on various sets like offensive magic, healing (maybe like three variations here - magic fruit on self, then others, than a white wind one), fast cast, defense/pdt/evasion/m.evasion. Get the higher end spells like Mighty Guard, Carcharian Verve, Cruel Joke if you don't have them. Look into r15ing a few unity items like Cohort Cloak, Sailfi Belt, Kentarch, Ghastly Tathlum, Metamorph Ring, Unmoving Collar, Bathy Choker, Odnowa Earring, Fi Follet Cape. Reforge relic (legs and feet especially, I think the entire set is suppose to have usage in various purposes). Don't neglect CDC. Do your coalitions, mog gardens, monster rearing. I don't know too much about Odyssey bosses look towards gleti and nyame (path b) sets. BLU does the best solo segment farming with Cruel Joke but still takes a while, and needs practice/gear/skill.
>>
>>641929
Wow this is tons of useful stuff to work for that I completely forgot about or didn't even know to do, thanks a bunch
Definitely have a better idea of what to do now
>>
>>641933
NTA but I also always look for the ongoing campaigns for other things to occupy me.
Voidwatch campaign is going on which means you are pretty much guaranteed Key Item drops from VW bosses. If you haven't done so already, there are some KIs that reduce cooldown time (4 real life hours each) for accumulated Voidstones which you for sure pick up during this campaign.
It's probably worth just running through all the VW bosses as it can be done in a couple hours. Even the harder ones like Provenance Watcher at the end aren't that hard if you make use of Phase Displacers (max of 5 each can be used) to significantly weaken the bosses.
>>
On retail, just finished CoP but my mission tracker still says I'm on Dawn, any ideas why? Not only have I seen the fell cutscene but I've even done Storm of Fate. Does it just always say I'm on the final mission?
>>
>>642187
>Does it just always say I'm on the final mission?
yes
>>
>>642187
I think both CoP and RotZ change to The Last Verse once you beat Apocalypse Nigh.
>>
I see there's an addon to make ranged attack auto like melee attacks. I know "no mods are actually allowed" but I feel like "automating" something is still a step too far. Am I gonna get bampersand using that on retail?
>>
>>642307
No, everybody is using Windower on retail. The auto attack for Ranged is a godsend.
>>
>>642307
At this point in the game's life the real only way you'd get banned is if you're doing blatant stuff like speed hacking through zones or noclipping through stuff, OR if you're using mods to harass other people (such as verbally going off on people using a DPS meter or something).

Everything else you're not going to get in trouble for as stuff like auto ranged attack have been used by people for years.
>>
>>642307
Historically they've only done large scale bans for item duping afaik. If someone reports you for something there's a chance you get slapped but if you're not streaming like an idiot there's not much to worry about.
>>
>>642310
>>642363
>>642386
Alright, thanks anons. I was just getting lazy so good to know.
>>
>love buffing/debuffing
>love nukes
>helllooo geo
>read up on it a bit
>there's a single weapon that makes all your spells 50% more powerful and is basically mandatory for groups to invite you to endgame content
never have I felt so cucked
>>
>>642445
wait until you find out about them cucking geo bubbles in odyssey and dyna-d
>>
>>642445
play RDM
>cycle ST buffs
>big debuffs that debilitate bosses (and you aren't limited to 2)
>big nukes and magic bursts
>big self buffs to make you on par with other melee DD
>savage blade spam
>>
How do you enable 60 fps?
>>
>>642663
Windower config plugin, type //config and look at FrameRateDivisor.
>>
>>642663
If you're on Ashita it would be "/fps 1" or "/fps 2" to swap between 30 and 60
>>
Any good linkshells I can join in Asura?
>>
File: 1653035662508.jpg (59 KB, 900x643)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>Eden player
>BLU Enthusiast too
>Assault is only up to tier 3 so don't have access to Perdu items
>tfw literally locked out of BiS sword
>>
What's the normal timeframe they announce the campaigns / ambuscade / login / etc. for the next month?
Seems like it's the last or first week of the month based off last month but I wasn't sure if there's a regular cadence to expect.
>>
File: 654645646.png (1.48 MB, 2560x1440)
1.48 MB
1.48 MB PNG
been playing retail for the last month or so, jumped in during the anni sale
before that i was messing around on Eden for about a month or so, having a good time but started running into group content roadblocks and could just never find people to do stuff with. LB1 for example i never finished for that reason.
so i check out retail, wanting to see the newer story content, fly through leveling to 99 and now i'm at the beginning of endgame stuff.

and man, it is so overwhelming. after not playing this game since the PS2 days and even following a modern guide, i feel like there's so many places to waste time at endgame that may not actually be worth it, content that is a little bit older but not really made aware to you that it's not worth doing anymore. i'm also on bahamut and while it's seemingly populated, Eden felt SO much more live and i was interacting with players on day one, whereas on retail i think i spent a solid 2 or 3 weeks before even talking to someone else in game.

i'm really enjoying dancer, my only 99, and i do enjoy the trust magic gameplay to a degree, but i'm thinking about just bailing on retail. maybe cruising along to see all the expansion campaigns, but Eden really gave me the XI feeling i was after despite not having a squad of friends do to things with it feels much more worth spending the time on since the server actually feels like a server and not a mega-conglomerate, particularly with craft leveling.
>>
>>643566
>i feel like there's so many places to waste time at endgame that may not actually be worth i
That's kind of how I've felt. What I don't like about modern endgame retail is two things:

1.) The grinding is 10x worse than before. You zoom through 99, probably so fast you don't learn how your job works, but then at 99 it's like you are level 1 again and everybody else is 75 in the classic era, but even worse. There is this HUGE gap in gear to cover. It's not like in the old days when the difficulty curve, if you want to call it that, was gradual. When you got to 75 you weren't nearly so heavily out-classed by other 75 characters. People with relic weapons might put you to shame, but that was about it. Now though... you've got lots and lots of gear to grind for and the whole time you feel like you are barely contributing to end-game content because you are just so weak.

I get why it happened this way, but it's a reality and not always a pleasant one.

2.) End-game combat is so fast because of the power creep in gear and abilities. You just basically spam weapon skills. It feels like it is lacking much in the way of real tactical depth. Now I do know from experience this isn't universal, but it's hard to find those moments where you actually need a real strategy in a fight beyond heal spam and weapon skill spam.

I've thought often about trying Eden out. If nothing else, it presents an FFXI that I'm actually familiar with. Of-course, classic FFXI has its own problems.

> i'm also on bahamut and while it's seemingly populated, Eden felt SO much more live and i was interacting with players on day one
If you can you need to transfer over to Phoenix or make a new character over there. There is a whole Linkshell of people that will help you with stuff and do content with you. I'm happy just to grind merits with people (even if I can grind them faster alone most of the time ;) ) We have people who play on Eden too in our Discord.
>>
>>643574
this isn't my first time going through an already-progressed mmo but with xi it just really hits you all at once, it doesn't help that all the expansion campaigns are interlinked and can stop you from progressing through other ones, which is a mess of its own.

i'm just now experiencing somewhat endgame combat and yeah, as a dancer stacking haste especially it's just maybe spam some abilities but mostly wait for weapon skills ad nauseum. it seems all the thinking and tactics go into gearing but not combat, where the meta is to constantly be switching gear to do simple things with more power.

i can't say i care enough to xfer servers or roll a new character, but i appreciate it. i would definitely suggest Eden though, it's got a bit more QoL than actual 75 era which makes it a bit more tolerable, but still hard enough to only have interested players engaged with it. the only issue is trying to keep both retail and a pserver installed on the same machine at the same time which causes registry problems if you don't know the workaround, you also don't have to deal with playonline whatsoever which makes it extremely easy to setup.
>>
>>643594
>i would definitely suggest Eden though
Well if you want, message me on Discord. Our LS discord also has some people who play on Eden so you could find a couple of friends.

Salla#1583
>>
>>643566
>Eden felt SO much more live and i was interacting with players on day one
this is true of lots of these 'classic' servers - sure there's way less people but they're also confined to a smaller scope of content that they're more passionate about, whereas retail XI is literally designed to not need other people for 99% of the game
>>643595
>discord
>catgirl
oh no no no bros it's XIV all over again
just kidding

question for the chads that play both retail and pservers, how do you get it to work? I remember there being some registry bullshit
>>
>>643594
How would you recommend Eden if even you couldn't get shit done there? I would be pissed af if i spend a fuckton of time just to hit a wall after spending so much time.
I know it because i tried Eden and got stuck on lvl 16 after being spamming party for 2 hours and no one answered.
>>
>>643681
check out this, that batch file specifically, you put it in both square enix directories and run it as admin for whichever version you want to play, and it will swap the registry values for you.

https://classicffxi.fandom.com/wiki/Running_two_Installs

>>643799
because despite my lack of being able to group for things, it was still a fun time. i really missed the lowlevel gear experience and Eden is in a way where level sync is active so xp parties are the name of the game
it’s also not the fault of the server that i couldn’t find a group, the 2-3 dragon mission also took me a while to find someone to duo with, but i went into it solo and never really looked for an ls either
>>
>>643917
>i really missed the lowlevel gear experience
I would kill for SE to make low leveling content viable again. Something like allowing for CP parties by doing shit like an old school valkurm dunes party. I don't care if it's not optimal, I still think it'd be cool for them to offer incentives for it.

Right now trusts are just too powerful that therer's no reason to ever group pre-99. Maybe they could give more exp or something if you group with real people. I know this won't happen because I get the feeling that SE really only wants to bother with 99+ content at this point.
>>
>>643923
>I know this won't happen because I get the feeling that SE really only wants to bother with 99+ content at this point.
Such is the fate of all games that get this long in the tooth. There just aren't enough people still around to fill content for all levels.
>Something like allowing for CP parties by doing shit like an old school valkurm dunes party. I don't care if it's not optimal, I still think it'd be cool for them to offer incentives for it.
That would be nice. I've got a hate boner for FFXIV but one positive thing I can say about it is that it has an incentive for people to join their low level dungeon finder. More MMOs really need to high level people a reason to group with low level people, there's a ton of dead or topheavy MMOs that are really hard to get into because there's about 9001 hours of not having any player interaction. If nothing else it gives you the option for some variety. But it would take a lot of work to make it...Work. How do you deal with low level content being easier than high level content but still providing a reward? Even if it's not as efficient it would still mean a lot of people might end up preferring it. There's a lot to think about.
>>
Do you have to team up for every type of content on the classics servers? Or only in order to gain experience points? I mean I like to do parties, it's fun, but I also like to play alone sometimes.
>>
>>644085
On classic servers you have to do everything with a party post lvl 10. You can't do anything solo. Maybe for some specific stuff.
>>
>>644086
I see. I still like many things about classic, like the the slow progression that's not present in retail. Does an alternative exist or should I just play another game?
>>
Those threads on /v/ lied to me. On one month you are not even near the end of the story even if you rush it. There's just way too much story. I would say even more than FFXIV
>>
>>644088
If you want the classic experience is Eden/Wings or go home.

Speaking of these topics. Are you guys gonna play HorizonXI? I like the idea of starting from scratch without the expansions, also starting with all the people would help me able to get groups for stuff early i suppose....
>>
>See Kupofried cipher in my inventory
>Read that I have to trade it to Trust quest NPC for it to work
>Spend 15 minutes talking to the guy and going through my inventory trying to use the damn thing
>Realize I have to literally use the trade option with him
This game makes me feel retarded in new ways I never thought possible
>>
>>643923
what i would give for a proper Classic XI but it'll never happen

>>644086
you can do some things solo if you're a bit ahead of the level of the stuff you're doing, like the 3-3 mission in Delkfutt's i was able to solo at like lvl40. sneak and invis are your absolute best friends.

>>644090
i can't say jumping into fresh xi is really all that fun to me, compared to say a fresh wow server. the game is just so god damn slow that i'm not willing to commit to yet another slog of slow questing and gear grinding, unles i had a predetermined squad of frens to play with

>>644089
at one month playing casually i was done with my city's campaign and hit rank 10, but all the other stuff just intertwines and becomes way too convoluted even with a guide. i do ind it way more enaging and interesting than XIV though. XI can be easy now with trusts but XIV literally plays itself and you as a player don't have much interaction required.

>>644180
get used to that mechanic because trading items to npc is very common, there's other weird nuance things like that too
>>
>>644200
>get used to that mechanic because trading items to npc is very common
I should have figured it out sooner because I've played a little FFXIV, and I remember being able to emote to NPCs.
>>
>>644200
>Classic XI
I always see people say this, but to reference the whole WoW meme about "you don't really want this" I think holds true here.
People are always saying how much they want Classic XI but private servers are plenty of evidence to show that no one actually wants that. To my knowledge, there aren't any successful private servers that are true to classic. Every single one of them has little tweaks and QoL changes like move speed or exp bonuses.

I just don't think the current landscape and playerbase wants or has the time to play a classic version of XI. I have a ton of fond memories of playing FFXI growing up but I don't think I'd ever be able to play it again. I'm enjoying retail exactly because I don't have to put in 16 hours a day to get anything done.
>>
>>644090
I'll definitely check out Horizon, but I'm holding my breath. If/when it ever releases. It sounds like an ambitious project, and they might end up biting off more than they can chew because of the massive amount of work required for such a vision. Tabula Rasa is a new server set for this weekend, seems like a new project from EraXI staff -- will have a look at that.

>>644085
There's soloing in classic FFXI. The other anon is a retard, you shouldn't really be partying at lv 10 anyways. I took WHM solo to 34 or 35 on a now deceased TAoU server, for laffs (I wouldn't actually recommend this though). There's such a thing as soloist RDMs, BSTs in general, DRGs. THFs pretty much have to solo a lot because of saturation and a low-ceiling of party and alliance support/utility. BLM, SMN, (and SCH if WotG) can do all sorts of solo farming/grinding/camping.
>>
>>644202
oh it's certainly no wow, and even if there was a serious gauge of interest i don't think square enix could pull it off anyways. it ust sucks that this is likely how the game will be until it dies, forever tied to playonline which is enough to annoy new players from getting interested (seriously, trying to set up a brand new xi acc is still a nightmare in 2022).
and i definitely feel your second point, i was like 13 years old playing xi back in ps2 days and 33 now trying to nostalgia trip, so retail is certainly more in line with my timeframe.
i still feel like i got more out of my short pserver time on Eden, i just can't keep doing that initial time investment with multiple servers.
>>
File: excenmille.jpg (253 KB, 1920x1080)
253 KB
253 KB JPG
this nigga plays such a huge role in the sandoria crystal war story and then he's relegated to being the first shitty trust you get for the trust tutorial at the start of the game? why was he so cool as a kid but never played a part in the story in current day san d'oria quests?
>>
>>644203
How is dragoon for solo?
>>
File: 72f.jpg (83 KB, 355x369)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>slow is only available for purchase when your nation is #1
>#2 this week
>#1 last week
any other bullshit I look for?
>>
>>644612
Ask someone to buy it for you
>>
>1 stock left for an item on AH
>try paying over 25% the cost of the normal cost
>unable to buy item
Go fuck yourself, price gougers. Just sell the items like a normal person REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>644265
also why the FUCK are the cutscenes in this game 20x better than the ones in XIV? XIV uses the shitty canned emote cutscenes for 99% of the story but going through WotG in XI every other cutscene has some great hand animated cgi fight scene

Also I like that your character actually fucking pulls out their weapon and does shit in XI cutscenes.
>>
>>644688
I mean so far XI cutscenes for me are just on par with XIV. Things done with the in-game emote system and just some of them are hand animated.
>>
>>644688
Because XIV 1.0 was made with really high production values and part of the redesign was to reign it in and make it cost about a thousand times less. I'll always remember one of the quests near the start of an expansion had a flashback to Raubahn fighting in the arena, and he takes his helmet off right on camera and it was genuinely surprising. Because every time up to that point used a camera pan or cut to not have to animate someone taking off their hat. A few quests later one of the potatoes pulls off their turban off camera too, so I had no idea why the Raubahn one had so much more work put into it until I found out it was from 1.0.

I haven't been too far in XI yet but it does feel like there's been a lot that aren't just repurposed emotes...That said there's been plenty that are just the characters pivoting in place and flapping their scary Cid teeth. Maybe it just feels better because it's a PS2 game and I'm not expecting as much.
>>
File: I CANT ZEID.webm (2.78 MB, 960x540)
2.78 MB
2.78 MB WEBM
>>644710
There's a definite bump in quality from ToAU onward
>>
File: excenmille pt1.webm (2.38 MB, 1280x720)
2.38 MB
2.38 MB WEBM
>>644688
>>644710
I'm going through WotG now and I would say 70-80% of the cutscenes have really exciting or funny hand animated segments. As a XIVfag for 7 years I can admit the ratio of "lets get the animators to actually work on this one" cutscenes to canned /emote cutscenes is definitely much higher in XI
>>
File: excenmille pt2.webm (2.13 MB, 1280x720)
2.13 MB
2.13 MB WEBM
>>644879
look at all this SOVL. I love the way his hand quivers even as he's saluting
>>
File: excenmille pt3.webm (2.05 MB, 1280x720)
2.05 MB
2.05 MB WEBM
>>644881
pure sovl. xiv could never. verification not required
>>
File: excenmille pt4.webm (2.75 MB, 1280x720)
2.75 MB
2.75 MB WEBM
>>644884
i wonder if the other wotg nation quests were as good as these
>>
File: excenmille pt5.webm (2.86 MB, 1280x720)
2.86 MB
2.86 MB WEBM
>>644885
kinography, I tell you
>>
File: excenmile pt end.webm (2.71 MB, 1280x720)
2.71 MB
2.71 MB WEBM
>>644887
kinomatronic sequence. The "where are they now?" sequence at the end of these quests made me realize one of the kids is the fucking dragoon job quest boss fight guy
>>
>>644890
They really went above and beyond with a lot of the WotG stuff. I don't feel like the RoZ or CoP cutscenes were nearly as well animated. Maybe some of the CoP ones as I remember. But I remember a lot of the RoZ being standing around watching people talking.
>>
>>644884
Reminds me of the Hildebrand quests. I don't know why that one questline got to have the animators actually do something different but there's a reason it was the one people were usually looking forward to.
>>
>>641468
It's a feature of the game that the tutorial is so bad people still try to play it like it's 2002, I really hope Square never add a forced tutorial cause you lose out on the magic a being completely clueless
>>
>>641564
it's actually level 99 relevant content I believe
>>
>>642206
yeah beat Apocalypse nigh before you get to Reisenjima in Rhapsodies
>>
>>642386
There was a big ban controversy for Salvage exploits in Auto Urghan era that a lot of people lost their accounts on
>>
>>643923
they could do exp boosts for level sync parties that would incentivize pre-99 parties more
>>
>>644180
the opening dialogue in every new character is literally "trade this adventure coupon to that guy over there"
>>
>>644695
Post Shadowlord they're all great
>>
>>645050
>do exp boosts for level sync parties
I'd be okay with this but everyone at 99 does level sync parties anyway because of how Master Levels work now. So I'm sure it would be tricky for them to balance. You'd think it would be simple enough to just say the exp boost applies to any level sync prior to 99 but I don't think any development on FFXI is simple. Sounds like even the smallest things take monumental amounts of effort.
>>
File: bruce.jpg (13 KB, 208x199)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>645063
>20 year old spaghetti code that had to work on consoles
imagine
>>
File: 1625345642179.webm (2.92 MB, 1280x720)
2.92 MB
2.92 MB WEBM
>>644884
Actually, it could before it couldn't.
>>
File: 1642035558698.jpg (43 KB, 600x401)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>645135
>Corsair will never come to xiv
>>
>>645150
Eh. It has MCH and the card thing was absorbed by AST. Do you REALLY want to see how team Yoshi bastardizes another job?
>>
>>645150
>>645156
Randomness isn't allowed in XIV so COR would end up being a limited job, at best, and what's even the point then.
>>
>>645162
A few classes are built around some amount of Randomness like RDM, DNC and AST, but I know what you mean. It's definitely not Corsair levels of playing the heart of the cards, even if they do get ways of manipulating it a bit. It's keeping with their policy of making all the jobs as milquetoast as possible.
>>
I think my least favorite AMAN trove monthly are the campaign battles. As someone that never really did WotG, is there a trick I'm missing to get 5k points easily? I just roam around looking for ones to join and even then they usually only give like 2k points.
>>
>>644767
>The capture of Fentanyl Eater after he tried to use counterfeit gil to buy panamas
>>
>>645051
I'm just so used to these sorts of things being "automatic" when conversing to NPCs in games.
>Talk to NPC
>Dialogue option comes up to hand over items
>Choose item, which is usually either in some special outer dimensional pocket outside of your actual inventory and highlighted or just automatically give item
I've become spoiled by modern game design.
>>
Finally got a trust (Excenmille) and it really fucking bothers me that he has the same face and hair as my character. I know this game is old, but tying hair (and colour) to faces/heads seems like something that would have been "worked out" at least by later expansions. I know head armor exists, but I don't have that yet.
>>
>>645481
youll replace excenmille soon enough and never use him again so dont worry about it
>>
>>645481
make sure to do you records of eminence quests to get more trusts also adding to my other comment>>645492
>>
File: 1192760795360.jpg (30 KB, 200x195)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>645481
>>
>>645481
Pretty much nearly every NPC uses the 'base' class models, which, yeah, is a bit to see someone like Tenzen's face on some random schmuck.
>>
File: img_20220624_191346.jpg (45 KB, 618x146)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
JUST
>>
>>645885
This is why I just use boxdestroyer because of my tiny lizard brain
>>
>>645886
I like them, they're a good way to break up the grinding. But sometimes you just get fucked like that. It was 66. I feel like most of the time when it's redundant that much it's dubs, for some reason.
>>
>>645885
most likely 66
>>
God it's good to see XI getting some attention on here again.

Any of you nerds on bahamut?
>>
>>646254
I think the majority that I've seen are either on private servers or on Phoenix.
>>
>>646254
me but I'm pretty new
>>
I can't decide between RDM, COR or THF. I love stealing shit and sneak attack, but I like buffing too. RDM has so much fucking shit going on and tracking buffs/debuffs is an asspain. I know COR is pretty popular and useful, what about the other two? Is any one just dramatically easier to play? That might be enough for me, swapping gearsets sounds annoying.
>>
File: Tu'Lia.jpg (182 KB, 1280x720)
182 KB
182 KB JPG
Will forever be one of the greatest locations in FF
>>
>>646358
If tracking buffs/debuffs is already a pain in the ass you want nothing to do with RDM.
COR has simple aoe buffs and most of the gameplay is being an /ra pirate.
THF is incredibly fun but brings almost nothing to the table for parties so you're stuck going solo unless you make good friends that overlook that you're potentially a liability compared to another damage dealer.
>>
>>646636
Fuck it, COR it is. I got no friends.
>>
File: 3987716.png (1.03 MB, 915x514)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB PNG
>>646442
Easily superior to the cheap knockoff they put in 14.

>>646326
How're you finding it?
>>
>>647199
>Easily superior to the cheap knockoff they put in 14.
wich one?
>>
>>647218
Elpis.
>>
>>647221
It didn't even cross my mind comparing them since their objective are just way too different.
>>
Any way to never put my password ever again on the fucking launcher?
>>
>>647235
yes, don't launch it
>>
>>647274
i don't get it
>>
>>647221
I wonder if they're going to use that floating island above garlemald as something. Would be cool for a new eureka type zone to be there with some kind of sky god system.
>>
Which weaponskills should I be using at 1000 TP and which should be used at 2 or 3000?
>>
>>647414
Generally the skills you unlock at level 75 with 300 skill are ones that need to be powered up to 3000 to be useful. Spiral Hell, or instance.
>>
File: img_20220619_164043.jpg (111 KB, 759x575)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
I'm here to solve the goblin problem once and for all.
>>
>>647789
Based. Now turn that gun on yourself once the gobs are purged to rid the world of another thieving mithra.
>>
>>647793
I gotta get rid of all the elves first.
>>
Give it to me straight, how hard would it be to make a Caladbolg or Ochain?
>>
any private servers to rec?
>>
>>647415
Or, alternatively make an aeonic weapon for that class and you no longer need to keep your merits in the weaponskills as having them equipped grants access to the fully raised version of them anyway.

It's busywork but it's useful to know if you're trying to multiclass;
>>
I can't play this game that often, but from what I've played, this game just makes me think that FFXIV was a downgrade in a lot of ways imo. Like why the fuck can't classes in that game use multiple different weapons like in this game? Even if a metagame would be formed around certain classes using certain weapons, it'd at least help make players using the same class at least feel a little unique.
>>
>>648173
Yeah, I thought about 14 for a while but the more I read about it the less interesting it seems.
>>
>>648173
>it'd at least help make players using the same class at least feel a little unique.
I played the fuck out of XIV, and have a lot of problems with it, but above everything this was probably the most frustrating. It's trying to be as safe as possible and has no ambitions for anything more interesting.
Assigning stat points? That's useless, rather than fix it let's take it out.
Cross-class skills? Everyone picked the only ones we designed to be useful so let's take it out too.
Materia? Here's your 2% increased effectiveness bro.
Blue mage? There's no way we can make that balanced (wut) so let's just make it a limited job.
New class? Here's all the ways it varies from the other classes: *particle effects intensify*
>Like why the fuck can't classes in that game use multiple different weapons like in this game?
And even if they're going for something so lame design wise, this always struck me as odd. I get they tied the class to the weapon for some reason...When it really should have been the job stone, or even fucking nothing because you use gear pallets to switch anyway so might as well just use a menu. No, you should definitely change with the fucking weapon, because swapping out your axe for a gun and getting naked is way more immersive. Getting back to my original point, fashion is such a big part of that game that the weapon types being so limited even for that makes no sense. They've gotten a few interesting swaps in there like a big stick for DRKs or a scythe (from the cash shop, of course :^)) or a hammer for WARs but that's basically it.
>>
>>648226
It always confused me that they classified Dark Knight as a tank in XIV...
>>
>>648226
>Assigning stat points? That's useless, rather than fix it let's take it out.
lolwut? You get stat allocation in XIV
>>
>>648243
I thought in XI, DRK was supposed to be a tank, in the same way NIN was supposed to be DPS, but once they got into the hands of the players everything changed? The rigid inflexibility of the classes in XIV just means it gets pigeonholed into what they specifically make it do, unfortunately.
>>648254
Do you? I stopped playing in 2019, but by then they had already removed it.
>>
>>648262
DRK was never intended as a tank in FFXI when it was designed, just as a high risk damage dealer that was a bit slow but could do big spike damage.
>>
>>648243
The opposite for me, actually. Other knight jobs are tanks. Why the fuck DRK was considered a damage dealer in other games? He heals itself and wears heavy armor. XIV mechanics don't have any hp manipulation mechanics, so it hardly feels like DRK but whatever.
>>
>>648269
>Why the fuck DRK was considered a damage dealer in other games?
Because they focus on offensive techniques. Big weapons, magical spells, HP sacrifice for damage.
>>
>>648254
Back in ARR you got stat points on level up you could spend. Everyone just put all points into their main stat so it was completely pointless. If you played a SMN/SCH you had to buy a stat reset item from your grand company every time you switched jobs so you could switch your bonus points from int to mnd or vice versa, since the bonus stats are connected to the base class arcanist, and not the advanced jobs. I think they got rid of stat points in HW but I don't remember honestly. I do remember they still had accuracy as a stat in HW.

>>648226
I think the real reason BLU is a limited job is because they were terrified some retard might get bullied for trying to run savage with only the basic spell unlocked. They said it was because they wanted to make it crazy and unbalanced for fun, but 99.9% of bosses are immune to your crazy spells anyway so it doesn't matter.
>>
>>648352
>If you played a SMN/SCH you had to buy a stat reset item from your grand company every time you switched jobs so you could switch your bonus points from int to mnd or vice versa, since the bonus stats are connected to the base class arcanist, and not the advanced jobs.
That sounds kinda awful.
>>
>>648352
>I think the real reason BLU is a limited job is because they were terrified some retard might get bullied for trying to run savage with only the basic spell unlocked.
True, but there are ways around that, like making sure a certain amount of abilities are equipped, or just forcing you to have specific ones for a role. They don't stop people from joining level 80 content as a thaumaturge anyway for example (or they didn't, anyway), they just didn't want to put any extra work into it.
>>648442
Yes it was. The attribute point system was incredibly shitty as implemented and I'm not going to defend how it worked, same with the way they handled cross class skills. The problem I have is that instead of turning them into interesting choices that might mean any one character is different from another they just removed it entirely.
>>
>>648449
>he problem I have is that instead of turning them into interesting choices that might mean any one character is different from another they just removed it entirely.
Yeah I'm with you there. When I first played FF11 back in 2021, I was very surprised with how "free" it felt when it come to character progression, at least when compared to FF14, which I started 2020. I like both games, but FF11 opened my eyes to the potential that FF14 had and did nothing with, especially as I learn more about how the game worked prior to 5.0.
>>
>>648012
ochain is incredibly easy and caladbolg is one of the easier empyreans to make
also a tip for farming colorless souls for ochain: mash the heal button as fast as possible when you're near the spot to spawn the NM, it'll commonly spawn the NM without consuming your key item
it's not 100% but it works often enough to cut the amount of kills you'll need by a pretty decent amount
>>
I want to start earning imperial credits, but the guards at the gate in Al Zahbi just tell me to suck a dick. What do I do to unlock it?
>>
>>648527
You need to be past ToAU mission 2 (take supplies to one of the staging points then go back and talk to Naja).
>>
File: 1587203276306.png (55 KB, 498x364)
55 KB
55 KB PNG
>trying to get SCH mastered
>impossible to get a party together
i'm about to start root-rotting apex crabs like i'm playing fuckin everquest again goddamn

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.