[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 160 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

File: rip.jpg (294 KB, 1280x768)
294 KB
294 KB JPG
Name a single FPS multiplayer game that is GOOD. I'll make a list to filter out games:

Also this really isn't limited to FPS games since so many multiplayer games are grindfests but it seems cheating plagues almost every single one making them even worse. I'm interested in any multiplayer game that isn't an absolute grindfest for whales or even better is played in such a way that cheaters are nonexistent.

Decent tier:
TF2 - some community servers are OK but game is bland at this point
Arma 3 - terrible optimization runs like shit and everything super fun is locked behind groomer milsim discords.
Arma Reforger - fun but frequent crashes and lack of content
War thunder - absolute shit F2P grindfest only decent at lower BRs
Sim racing - shit because of whales allowing iRacing to exist apart from that fairly fun in other games im bad at assetto corsa and don't know how to configure cars properly but at least there aren't cheaters (that I know of you'd assume they have a basic anticheat right)?

Shit tier:
Squad - Cuck devs + admin abuse + tons of banned players
Overwatch - dead now because of shit balancing from cuck devs and lack of additional content + cheaters somehow plaguing a dead game
OW2 - 5v5 dead on arrival
R6 - run into the ground by devs was amazing for the first 2 or 3 years
Valorant - forced trash
Dota - trash
League - trash
CSGO - devs running it into the ground even more and rendered unplayable from cheaters for years now maybe odd things like surf are ok?
Apex legends - shit EA TRASSSSSH
MMOs like WoW are complete and utter grindfest TRASH

Haven't played but probably shit (prove me wrong if you think any are good):
Hunt showdown - probably cheaters and just another shit BR game

End of list too lazy to list more
>>
Hunt Showdown is the only fun I've had playing a multiplayer game for a few months now.
>>
File: 419.jpg (409 KB, 1680x1050)
409 KB
409 KB JPG
>>631011
Meanwhile 15-20yr old games like counter-strike still have tons of full servers every day.
And every time I fire them up I see something new, because they're highly modable by players.

It's almost as if people don't want their entertainment being controlled by 1 corporate entity to decide what's "fun" and what isn't (like having official "sprays", like trying to turn something soulful, cultural, and spontaneous into an assembly line they can charge you money for).

So I'll say this as many times as I need to: All the problems with games are caused by money (read: the fact that people are slaves, and not free to do what they want with their time), and these problems won't go away until people are free from being forced to play the shit survival game called life.
>>
>>631034
>15-20yr old games
i hate this. not that i hate the old games, i hate that new games don't allow for this much freedom. it's sad that if you want an experience that isn't curated shit by the devs who don't allow any fun then you have to play an old jank games you've already played a thousand times. the absolute state of multiplayer games is pathetic right now
>>
>>631053
Jesus christ the least you can do is playing old games, not that new shit from indie dev are any less janky&free or you have a word in ubisoft shareholder meeting or being a cultural zeitgeist. There are still new mods and contents even for the oldest of all games created by your peers and they needed your support, even a seemingly small one like playing them to contribute to the popularity. There are a lot more can be done like recommendations, generating review and discussions.
Old game makers either went broke or retired by selling their business to businessmen. They may still use that money to invest but their ideas are far more grand and lucid than "good ol' moddable community server MP videogame". Just look at what Carmack and Gabe is doing with VR and now neural interface shit.
New devs under their new business leader are more than happy to microcontrol everything and push new titles and contents because pay fag wanted them to and that is all a businessman cares.
Old players have families now and new ones got little exposure, and most parents don't try old games with their kids, they just let society autopilots their kids.
>>
>>631053
Everytime a dev makes a new game with advertised modding features, SDK, custom servers, whatever, it ends up DOA shit because there's no need for a new game when people are content to continue playing the same game for 10, 15, 20 years.
>>
>>631011
>Multiplayer games are dead
I think the problem is that there are too many games by now.
While there might be millions of online gamers out there, they're distributed among thousands of games. Back when people had fewer alternatives to choose from it was possible for servers to be decently populated.
>>
>>631022
Fbpb
>>
>>631034
>>631091
I remember trying some of these older games and it was just third worlders but I suppose I'll try again. Any alternative recommendations? The older CS games that I played were a bit meh but I never liked CSGO that much anyways.

>>631269
>>631022
I guess that I'll try that as well
>>
>>631272
Most source and goldsrc games can have modded multiplayer servers with different kind of players. These contents are games within a game. So gmod, cs source, sven coop(free), cs1.6 should still be alive and active. You should at least try jail break, zombie riot/escape, surf, prophunt and so on.
And there are some mods for them as well. Jabroni Brawl looks like a source fear dream but has to wait to the end of the year. Valve's citadel is also gonna be something huge for source but no vids yet.
Same with Arma series. Some Roleplay, invade & annex(PVE), KOH(PVP) and many others. Birthplace of Battle royale by player unknown, and Dayz. Both got millions of descendants as server content, separate mod or standalone, or completely not related engines.
You can search to see if any old games are still alive with tracker site like this in your area. It doesn't include more recent games like scum, and tracking for arma2 isn't correct so you will have to find some other sites for that.
https://www.gametracker.com/search/?
Some other games like tribes is holding on with 1 or 2 servers with good activities and respective server tracker has to be tracked down individually to their community hosted websites. While other niche hibernates into periodic event mode or yell on discord. Server comes at a cost thus no one would keep one if completely dead.
>>
>>631011
Alien vs Predator
The first one not the shit sequels
>>
For all the flak they get, fighting games and RTS are the only genre where I saw it was proper in multiplayer without many issues
>>
>>631272
>I remember trying some of these older games and it was just third worlders
Yes, there are a lot of servers from other countries in older games.
And you know, that's something that has actually always given me a measure of respect for them. But I know you want to be all internet-edgy about it so you prefer to think of their presence as an insult to those games rather than those games as a compliment to them, or maybe the thought of playing with them and realizing it literally makes no difference what country their from because people all over the world enjoy the same stuff is a revelation that scares you?

It's your choice.
Feel free to ignore this post because I have a feeling I'm going to ignore whatever edgy teen "lol I'm so racist" memes you're likely to drop on me.
>>
>>631541
Hey virtue signaling retard the issue is that they don't speak English and I don't speak their language. I'd type more but likely a bot so prove you aren't first.
>>
File: 1637130142245.png (242 KB, 666x227)
242 KB
242 KB PNG
>>631022
got bored of it rather quick desu
>>
>>631548
Filtered
>>
>>631543
I've never found it to be a problem, english is like a universal language these days.
But I still think americans are the largest demographic, because even servers that are clearly hosted by ESLs use english. And there's plenty of full servers where everyone sounds american on the mic.
You're just going to get a lot of cross-over, probably from mexico, since it's closer and has a more reasonable ping. So you'll get more players with a thick accent than you would in a modern game that uses match-making or something, but they still know english well enough.

But if you're from europe maybe the servers with lower ping for you have a different experience, I don't know.
>>
>>631553
yeah because it was boring
>>
>>631553
you don't know what that word means
>>
>>631011
>Dota - trash
Dota use to be amazing until Valve nerfed all the overpowered interesting abilities.
>>
File: 1650320621556.jpg (31 KB, 480x360)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>631022
Hunt is fun but only if you've got someone to play with.
After close to 300 hours solo I quit as I got fed up because you are almost guaranteed to lose if you are a solo in a game of duos or trios on comms. I've learned that it doesn't matter how good you are at the game if you are solo.
>You WILL get jarred and wall banged and you WILL defeat the boss for them while they camp outside and rush in the second you banish.
You could of course always queue up with a random but that's just additional burden since vc is open and they are most likely to fuck off to the opposite of where you planned to go. I've had some pleasant experiences through the hunt discord "lfg" but lost contact with all of them.
Plus after I moved, the game is literally unplayable as Crytek servers are very limited to Europe and US and nowhere else, with 200 being the lowest possible ping in the Middle East.
>>
>>631011
woah i've never seen so much truth in a 4kids post.
add xonotic to the list, great game but sadly the devs are a extreme far left clique that doesn't moderate abusive server admins(pos that bans everyone whos better than him, probably a dev too) and the rest of the community is either no-talk by fear of being insulted or super mega toxic like worse than 5 year olds.
>>
>>631634
>he moved to the middle east for gaming

whatever theyre payin ya its not worth it
>>
words can be misunderstood, beats cannot
>>
Bait thread but I'll bite.
Good fps that i play out have played
>tf2
Pre f2p, but surprisingly tf2classic does the job of the original. Haven't had this much fun since tf2 released
>planetside 2
It's f2p with all the grind that comes with it but it's a very strong game that works best with a friend or two.
>bf2 revived by community
This is still the peak of battlefield games
>heroes and degenerals
Grindy but fun in little doses
>quake 3 in its many forms
Im too old for this shit but it's still as fun as it was
>>
>>631634
join the /vm/ hunt discord
>>
>>631011
>dead
literally 100% of all popular games are some degree of pozzed and casualized

>Apex legends - shit EA TRASSSSSH
titanfall 2 is also EA trash but good trash

>>631653
only 2 people played that game ever
how do they even find anyone to act toxic towards kek
>>
File: tf2classic.png (74 KB, 1090x512)
74 KB
74 KB PNG
>>631859
>tf2classic
pic related is the second thing I saw in the search results unofficial mirror but still...
>planetside 2
P2W from what I remember
>BF2 community patch for multiplayer?
Ukrainian flag on their site obnoxious and biased partisans I imagine just like xonoctic
>Heroes and Generals
Was absolute kino years and years ago will try it again
>Quake 3
I'm both too old and young for it
>>
>>631541
Brazilians aren't people, anon
>>
>>631541
>it literally makes no difference what country their from because i am a monolingual amerimutt and I cant read their insults
fixed
>>
File: 1252762187597.png (20 KB, 525x562)
20 KB
20 KB PNG
>>631022
It is a good game, but sadly it falls prey to the problems in any matchmade game, and the BR format as well. FPS games that use modern SBMM just aren't fun, and that's pretty much any game these days.

How do I know? ~15 years ago I used to be a little shit that enjoyed making people mad in games, and getting people to actually yell down their mics was something you had to work at. Nowadays you just have to make a few mistakes, accidental or otherwise, and people in any competitive esports gaming experience will drop their thin facade of sportsmanship in about a full second. You don't even have to do anything that would get you banned, the format of the game is that frustrating on it's own.

As for games that are good, I had fun with Intruder, but it's sadly kind of dead. I recall Mordhau was also pretty great.
>>
>ban people for words
>why my game shit???
>>
>>631011
>>631022
it USED to be better.
devs are faggots and actively running it into the ground.
>>
>>631987
>planetside 2
P2W is meme parroted by people who get shit on by 10 year vets in their first 10 hours of playtime. You start with the most well rounded guns on your faction and cert gain is easier than ever if you don't like them, the real money cost is only there to bait retards. However, that's the only part of the game's design they got right and continued problems with the spawn system, lack of punishment for severely one-sided fights, networking, etc. make it not worth playing at all.
>>
They're not dead, stop playing matchmaking trash and come back to community servers.

"Ranked" Pubs have always been the most retarded and toxic idea and has only rewarded botting and hacking, community servers are laid back and chill, and if you want to be a comp fag you can run your own tourneys too.

Stop being a tranny faggot begging for ELO validation ladder matchmaking that litterally fucking kills competitive game, just because league does it doesn't mean every fucking game does.
>>
>>632241
>Community servers
>Admin abuse
>Pay for an advantage (Arma KoTH servers let you blend into the sky with different paint)
>Pretty much all use furrycord to communicate
>You will be banned far quicker for saying anything "offensive" while official servers somehow offer more freedom
>If banned forced to suck cock and practice ERP to furries in discord
>Supposedly should be better for banning cheaters but it just turns into "trusted players" that are soft hacking

I wish that community servers would be superior for every game but they have their own downsides. Hosting your own is a bit meh as people have provided stories on that but when it works out it's the best option (good luck getting players though). However, it's honestly fairly often that a server or similarly ruled servers end up monopolizing a game. Now you're in a situation far worse than official servers with often stricter rules tacked onto rules from the devs and enforcement is far more common. So sometimes significantly better but more often it kills the enjoyment when they become overpoliced.
>>
>>632274
Running a server in 2022 is fucking aids because you're competing with matchmaking in the first place.

When there are community run servers, you find the ones you like, and blacklist the ones you don't, it wasn't hard, and was vastly superior to this matchmaking infested era of online multiplayer that is fucking aids and killing competitive gaming since the only way to be competitive is to slog through a fucking ladder to get to good players instead of joining a clan and playing in tournaments because all esports tournaments are fucking invatational.
>>
>>632240
>spawn system
This game is about shooting people. victories are meaningless, every continent gets a reset and you start to start over. it doesn't matter if you win or lose, all that matters is kills. If you don't understand that then you don't get ps2.
>lack of punishment for severely one-sided fights
Only a complete cuck would want more control over that. This is what drives you to get better, to do better. This is what makes the game awesome, total lack of balance and no control over what you can do in game limits. Abuse to get more kills if you have to. One day you get a steam roll, the other you get steamrolled. Fuck balance, fuck status quo, fuck your personal efforts. Bring frags or fuck back off to your onions publics.
>networking
Try not to live in a third world.
> not worth playing at all
Good, game keeps itself free from casuals like you. Try new call of duty or overwatch, sounds like those are for you.
>>
bf5 today
>>
>>631011
> CSGO - devs running it into the ground even more and rendered unplayable from cheaters for years now
I haven’t run in to a cheater in over 700 matches. I have a good trust factor though. Maybe you should stop cheating and stop queuing with cheaters and then you won’t be put into a match with cheaters
>>
>>631548
> got bored of it rather quick desu
>62 hours
Not that quick. I have a ton of games I only played 10 minutes on
>>
>everything is shit
Woah, epic.
>>
>>632445
PS2 is actually rewarding to play, as you start out getting wrecked every fight, then as you go on you learn how to move, where to shoot, what's safe and what's not, what you can get away with, and so on. It offers actual progression, as opposed to most games now where progression is a rank but your wins are determined by an algorithm.

The main problem is that the franchise is cursed with abysmal developers.
>>
>>632487
well i played it with my friends
and most mp games i play for hundreds of hours
>>
>>632485
Why would you post something so blatantly false? Here's your (you).
>>
>>631011
>Squad being Cucked
Can I get a fast synopsis?
please
>>
>>632618
game is inferior to its predecessor whilst costing money and having updates take forever with piss all content and performance always gets worse
also instead of putting money towards fixing their dogshit technical debt, they gave blm $10,000
>>
>>632618
https://joinsquad.com/2020/06/03/black-lives-matter/
>Black lives mattah
>Black Lives Matter. We stand in solidarity with everyone fighting against injustice and police brutality. We stand in solidarity with the Black community. As many important figures have stated, we recognize that it is not enough to simply be against racism – we must be actively anti-racist.
>donated $15,000 to Black Lives Matter, and $10,000 to the NAACP
>Some of you may recall that a few weeks ago, we terminated an employee due to racist comments made online. Part of the statement we released said that we were reviewing all actions of this employee as it related to server licenses and a review of all policies.
>We have been in the process of making good on these words, with internal reviews and a focus on new policies moving forward. We are also reviewing all in-game content, including mods. Hiring practices, moderation practices, support practices, and content generation are all areas where we need to be actively anti-racist and we are in the process of doing this work.

Devs also actively go after steam reviews calling them out to get them removed. Perhaps scared that milsim players would boycott their shitty game if more knew? Probably not too many zogbots are playing it anyways. Why are there really no based public milsim servers? The licensing part good luck when the devs are so cucked.

>>632636
BLM 15K, NAACP 10K, so basically 25K.. ARMA series is far superior anyways and I haven't heard too much from those devs.
>>
>>632644
>Some of you may recall that a few weeks ago, we terminated an employee due to racist comments made online. Part of the statement we released said that we were reviewing all actions of this employee as it related to server licenses and a review of all policies.

Was it 'lmao just don't resist and you won't get shot' or did the guy foolishly reveal his power level in public?
>>
File: squad subreddit.png (100 KB, 1256x760)
100 KB
100 KB PNG
>>632647
I don't know exactly fairly unimportant anyways apparently was named "Nordic". They're terrible devs even if you're a cock sucking faggot as the virtue signaling is just the PR greed of the company. Gonna post 1 more screenshot.. I always hear people complaining about slow development time and apparently the reason is that they want to make another game to force people to spend money on it. Just scummy devs all around.
>>
File: msg.png (281 KB, 1080x1920)
281 KB
281 KB PNG
>>632647
>>632656
https://old.reddit.com/r/joinsquad/comments/hjovv0/wtf_is_going_on_episode_42/

Scroll a bit down that banned guy explains it himself if you're interested. Pic related is the scummy devs being exposed for wanting to make another game forcing slow updates on squad and then banning people that exposed them. (maybe it was one of the two or so cash grab games they've released so far?)
>>
I have a lot of fun in war thunder but I stay rank 4 and below. I rarely play rank 4. (Air RB only)
>>
>>632576
If you got 62 hours of entertainment from it I’d say it was money well spent
>>
>>632671
most of it wasn't fun
playing it with friends was fun, but i can do that in other games that are more enjoyable for me
>>
>>632606
I really haven’t run in to cheaters. Smurfs sure but no cheaters. Maybe you have trouble recognizing a Smurf from a cheater?
>>
>>632662
Wow this made me angry, I hate leftists and I think eternity in hell is too good for them
>>
>>632485
>>632447
Good b8s m8s. Didn't even bother to list Battlefield as it's now a dead series and I stand by what I said for CSGO. 700 matches no cheaters? get the fuck outta here

>>632674
https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/8mbtjx/how_to_check_your_personal_game_data_for_banned/
Please follow this to provide proof.

>>632663
True that's how I feel as well they've basically made higher ranks unplayable with their SL thievery. What's the point of grinding to higher BRs when you're going to get even more assraped by MORE GRIND AND LESS SL? Jet gameplay is pretty crap as well games like DCS and Arma are far superior in that regards. Only thing going for it is the easy queue MMO aspect of it but then they defeat it somewhat by the ridiculous grind that makes queues longer as you go up from no one wanting to grind so much.
>>
>>631011
>Squad - Cuck devs
any context to this?
>>
File: bunkhouse.jpg (295 KB, 1039x607)
295 KB
295 KB JPG
>>632682
https://csgostats.gg/player/76561198096439466#/matches
not him but I've gone over a year and a month without playing a cheater

also my first match in EU 4v5
https://csgostats.gg/match/42426613
>>
>>632707
scroll up
>>
>>632644
>Why are there really no based public milsim servers?
"I NEED TO SAY NIGGER SO BAD"
why are you people like this? They're fags for donating to blm but just be a normal person
>>
>>632682
>Please follow this to provide proof.
this only reports on players who were banned at any time at any game, not specifically the match you were playing
>>
>>632718
I don’t say nigger personally but I don’t feel safe if other people aren’t allowed to say it
>>
>>632718
>"I NEED TO SAY NIGGER SO BAD"
yes

not giving anti racists an inch
>>
>>631011
How does one not mention Insurgency Sandstorm? It's one of the few good ones left.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pme18EMUiMk&ab_channel=moonasha
>>
>>632738
Are they actually not gay? If so then I might want to play
>>
>>632738
because it's worse than 2014
>>
>>632751
gay? who is they? The game is fucking hard and you will get rekt by cracked players who know the maps but getting better is rewarding.

Also, the co op PvE is actually really fun too
>>
>>632760
By “not gay” I mean do people become lisping report fags as soon as you say blm sux
>>
>>632723
nice cope

>>632710
So VAC isn't even detecting cheats anymore? That's all your post provides..

>>632725
exactly, even accidentally exclaiming "faggot" gets people banned now and you can't even roleplay as a jihadi these days it sucks the life out of games

>>632738
>>632751
No, these devs are on the same level as the Squad devs. Basically same controversy with anti-white devs posting anti-white things on twitter and then trying to scrub the steam reviews. Original insurgency was better anyways. I thought sandstorm turned into some chinkshit game.

>>632783
oogabooga simulator I tried it out and people were unbearably stupid sounding
>>
>>631011
It because they all started going towards requiring an account so you can collect hats on your profile or some stupid gimmick that gets people to send money to continue getting"new updates and support" When is last time Valve updated TF2 with anything important?
>>
>>632738
Because it's unreal engine ass fuck game.
>>
>>631011
I just play Enlisted and Hunt.
FPS is gonna die anyway as a genre when the next generation of graphics cards hit and everyone and their mother will be able to use graphics based aim bots
>>
>>632865
very true figuratively the knife is on the FPS genre's throat just waiting for the cards to release
>>
>>632445
>it doesn't matter if you win or lose, all that matters is kills.
yeah this shit sucks dick. all people want to do is farm. it's barely even a game once 200 people are perfectly content with one team sitting at the bottom of a staircase, one team sitting at the top, both just firing at each other, dying, and being revived for 30 minutes uninterrupted.
>>
>>632783
>>632787
If you want to sound like an edgy 14 year old and say the n word in games you might get called out for sounding like an actual retard but no one will stop you. I hear the n word all the time while playing.
>>
>>631011
play console or are you scared pc fag
>>
>>632953
>the n word
You can say nigger
>>
>>632892
No anon, the dick sucker, in fact, were you all along.
You are bad at game and bad at life. End it now.
>>
>>632892
You're arguing with braindead retards with an attitude that killed the game. There was a time period where Planetside 2 was way less of a mindless deathmatch. Nothing like PS1, but deathmatchers pretty much ruined the game and turned it into just another battlefield clone.
200 people shooting at each other down a hallway gives big 24/7 Metro vibes. Current PS2 players are more than happy with this.
>>
>>633359
whats wrong with deathmatch? battleroyale shit is same thing but with massive amounts of walking in between. Some people just prefer not to play walking sims.
>>
>>633359
it's to the point where i'm pretty sure they intentionally design new bases to have egregious chokes or completely wide open sight lines just because that kind of fight, which anyone with a brain knows is horrible and a failure of game design, is what the average ps2 player is looking for.
>>
>>633025
damn this was actually something that I've considered if I'm paying for multiplayer games anyways I almost might as well? The only reason I haven't gone back to console for over a decade now is that I don't care to support sony or microsoft... maybe I will though? Probably not though I only considered it for R6 many years ago and we know the tranny abomination that game has turned into.

What games would be superior on console?
>>
>>633359
>hurr player mentality is the only thing holding the game back
Drew parroted this lame shit too, if you really want to compare it to PS1 then I have to point out that the PS1 lattice didn't force you into one-point choke bases where the only way to play is hardcore pointhold deathmatch. Grinding infantry combat to get better at miserable pointholds is the end game of PS2 since that's how you progress the map without zerging and "combined arms" is only capable of farming infantry. You'd have more of a case if every base was a 3 point amp station with room for 96v96 and capturable hard spawns, but that's not reality and never will be since they think Oshur is peak map design.
>>
>>633463
What I don't understand is why didn't they just copy and paste Planetside 1's Base Design and Maps into the new engine from the get go. The only thing people didn't like about the first one was BFRs and the gunplay.
>>
>>631653
Fellow xononaut I feel your pain.
I'm hoping for a worthwhile fork after the next large release.
>>
WHERE ARE THE MINI GAME SERVERS

IN 1.6
SOURCE
OR GO

WHAT THE FUCK
>>
>>631011
co-op shit is your best bet
>>
>>633463
I'm not comparing the games in a way you think I am. I was simply saying old Planetside 2 still didn't hold a candle to PS1, but it (PS2) was much better than the state its (PS2) in now.
>>
>>633525
search for "fun maps" in server title or servers playing maps starting with prefix fun_, at least for 1.6
>>
>>633458
>What games would be superior on console?

Mario kart
>>
try a game called playerunknown's battlegrounds. it's an indie title that hasn't gotten much attention so not many people know about it but it's surprisingly solid
>>
>>633377
I mean, planetside 2 has the best of both worlds. You get the mindless battlefield rush if you want it (trying to get more xp per life is a game for sure)

and then you can take territory with an organized squad- which are easy to join in one button- with all kinds of logistics to move around and fight with. Its slower and smaller scale but the longer and more successful your unit is, the more resistance you start to encounter.

It seems silly to hate on the zerg when its only one way to play the game.

Now if you dont like the meaninglessness of the grandscale rts, there is a smaller scale version and its called natural selection 2. Or really any RTS
>>
>>634868
all the territory you're conquering with your squad is a bunch of 3/10 at best battlefield maps with garbage infantry gameplay to boot.
>>
Im sure you are loolong for more competitive type stuff but honestly, the most fun shit for me to do lately has been going to custom servers on halo mcc and fucking around in different game modes people have made like NASCAR and Splatter Monkey. CS 1.6 is still probably my go to for when I just need to shoot someone and have it feel good though. Or BF4.
>>
>>635520
Looking* sorry for the stroke mid sentence
>>
The real answer is that you're all bitter and old. Lighten up grandpas, and if you can't, turn off the computer and go hiking in a national park. I know the effort involved would probably kill most of you, but it's for your own good.
>>
>>635547
>touch grass!!11 xD
dilate
>>
>>635547
i game every single fucking day i am really just not specifically playing any of the garbage he listed for similar reasons to the ones he listed kys
>>
Rust, battlefield 1942, and minecraft are basipally the only games I've played in years. Just downloaded arma. Really just bf1942 for the most part. It's free to download at abandon ware games dot net

Imo it's still the king of all games. All these games like world of tanks world of ships.. this game has everything. User controlled aircraft carriers, artillery, tanks, subs, and conquest mode which is infinitely better than other games. Games like cod online play makes no sense. Conquest you can only spawn at spawn points and you fight to control those points which gradually decrease the other team's score
>>
>>636377
Do you know the definition of irony?
>>
>>631011
>shit EA TRASSSSSH
>>a bloo bloo ea
If it's the publisher swaying your opinion on it it's free, just don't give them money
Respawn are lads

you can get some "fun" rust pvp servers without all the fluff, haven't played since they changed recoil from CS styled fixed patterns to random dispersion

Split gate and gaylo still have life in them if you're ok with consolised arenashitters + 343's retardation

people still out there playing l4d2

>>631350
3rd one is actually great for multiplayer when you use all the "tech" to turn it into an asymmetrical fighting game
>>
>>636630
i tried playing 1942 but there's insane mouse acceleration when you try to move and shoot for some reason
doesn't happen if you stand still, but i'm not gonna play it like resident evil
>>
since i love simracing this period is better than ever, many people got into it when during quarantine they decided to create virtual events
>>
At this point, I feel the only real way to deal with cheaters is to just pit players against AI.
If we get to the point where AI is indistinguishable from a real person (and they're somewhat fun to play against), does it really matter that it's not a real person?
It would guarantee that the enemy is not hacking and also ensures that any game will be playable into the far future, even if the actual player-base were to die.
I still feel PvP has a place, but it should really be exclusive to things like community servers.
>>
>>636850
mobile games already do this
>>
>>636850
You're a fucking retard, on multiple levels.
>>
>>636919
hey cheater scum
>>
>>637004
stick to your single player games champ
>>
>>636748
what are settings for?
>>636630
good lad. bf1942 reaches 20 this sept.
>>
File: 1643104471516.png (3 KB, 379x32)
3 KB
3 KB PNG
>>637072
nice job not being able to read
>>
>>637081
nice job licking my unwiped ass clean fag
>>
>>636850
I wanted to say that the game will then miss the social element, but then I remembered we live in matchmaking hellscape earth
>>
>>632119
Agreed i like hunt way more before ping marker now communication is all about pings and teams have a huge advantage over solos just so many things bad about ping markers
>>
>>631541
No. People, like myself, don't care for shitskins because they're obnoxious, stupid and violent.
Why do you even care that people don't worship niggers. Is it a cope because your pathetic
and virtual signaling is the only way you can feel superior?
>>
>>636745
>people still out there playing l4d2
based
>>
It's been a long time since I've seen a truly dynamic and grounded MP game, and that was AoS 0.35 back in 2011/12, and it managed to meet the same fate as any other loser FPS game.
>>
>>638586
>reddit formatting
>replying to a week old post
>virtual signaling
You just blow in from stupid town?

>People, like myself, don't care for shitskins because they're obnoxious, stupid and violent.
Yet they're the only ones playing your favorite videogames and keeping them alive after decade(s)+ abandonment from the devs.
>>
>>638586
>>639327
On second reading I am 100% confident English is not your first language. Might want to check out your faux superiority considering you come from a shithole country owned by America.
>>
Play titanfall 2 with northstar client
>>
this thread is just op sucks at FPS + games dont cater to his very specific tastes so they are all bad

>>632865
i don't think that would increase the amount of cheaters i think it would still be the same amount of cheaters we have now
cheaters are already using multiple accounts and HWID spoofers and shit anyways trying to circumvent shit preventing them from playing
and it just seems so fucking boring
even if there were 100% undetectable cheats a huge amount of players would still not cheat because you're literally not playing the game when you just hold m1 and everyone dies
the only people who would cheat are the same people who are cheating now
>>
>>631011
halo and MW 2019, still play these two consistently.
>>
>>639341
>This guy is obviously bad at multiplayer FPS games because he's criticizing them!
>>
>>631102
Can you make some examples
>>
>>639784
Dusk, midair, battalion 1944, are 3 pretty recent examples, the last of which is literally dead despite having dedicated server binaries and custom map support. Because people just kept playing Call of Duty.
>>
>>639804
dusk's mp is a generic arena shooter that does nothing interesting (also dusk sucks ass in general and is mainly sp focused), battalion 1944 died because bulkhead are incompetent (and their new project titled promod which is nothing like actual cod4 promod is also gonna be shit), and midair also died because the devs were incompetent
>>
Take the zoomer pill and play Fortnite Zero-Build
>>
>>639806
>dusk's mp is a generic arena shooter that does nothing interesting
It has a full SDK, you can do whatever you want with it.
>also dusk sucks ass in general and is mainly sp focused)
The development tools can be used to make any change you feel like.
>battalion 1944 died because bulkhead are incompetent
Nothing stopping people who supposedly liked the game to host their own servers and even play their own maps.
>midair also died because the devs were incompetent
See above.
>>
>>640059
i'm sure they do host whatever the hell they want, or wanted, but even if the devs WEREN'T incompetent, the playerbases of those games are small to begin with
do you know how many dime a dozen afps games there are on steam with le sdks available?
>>
>>640065
I'm not sure if you forgot the original post you replied to so allow me to quote
>it ends up DOA shit because there's no need for a new game when people are content to continue playing the same game for 10, 15, 20 years.

So, yes. People will gladly keep playing their CoD 2s and their QuakeWorlds and what have you instead of sticking out with a new game and trying to make it better. Nothing wrong with that, but its just funny to me when I see posts on 4chan like "modern FPS would be saved if devs just gave the tools back to the players!" when a low to mid budget indie FPS comes out twice a month doing just that and nobody cares.
>>
>>640074
cod 2 and qw are mostly dead buddy
>>
>>640190
More alive than Battalion 1944 and DUSK, both relatively modern games trying to blatantly copy cod 2 and qw respectively.
>>
>>640193
maybe if they did something interesting instead of poorly copying another game then they'd be more popular
>>
>>640201
>>631102
>>
>>640219
yeah that's not a good enough reason to play a knockoff dude but you are missing my point
if the game were unique and stood out amongst others to me i'd be playing it, seeing as how i'm not committed to codshit or anything that's uber generic
>>
>>640233
the game you want to play likely already exists
>>
>>640238
resident evil outbreak file #3 exists?
>>
>>640243
whats wrong with #2?
>>
>>640244
lots of things but i still play it
>>
I used to think PUBG was a bad game but now I'm warming up to it because it's sort of contrarian to the mainstream nowadays

>relatively slow so zoomers hate it
>low TTK extremely punishing or rewarding
>high skill ceiling for gunplay
>clunky animations and actions which slow gameplay down but also makes you think about your move
>doesn't really force you into doing anything in particular or play a certain way
>unoptimized nonhomogenous maps that makes lots of unique and unusual spots
>probably the most intelligent battle royale where some semblance of tactics matter

Only problem is that it still has cheaters like most modern FPS and the playerbase is so weird. Some game modes are dead depending on region/time. It's very obtuse.

>>632738
>Insurgency Sandstorm
I have such fond memories of Insurgency 1 that this being such a disappointment makes me want to forget it exists.

>>636745
>thinking apex are good people
It's like you forget they got exposed for using EOMM algorithm, giving easier ranked lobbies to streamer "content creators", not fixing their broken game, etc
>>
>>631011
HLL my friend, sadly team17 bought it , I bet that they will fuck it up..

SBMM cry babys should play it:
no kill feed
>>
>>631011
>M&B Napoleonic Wars
>Day of Defeat source
>Verdun

After having played nearly all online fps games, i can honestly say these three are the very best of them all. Verdun offers you awesome trench warfare, Napoleonic Wars is fun as hell, and day of defeat is just the best meatgrinder there is.

Seriously, try them out. They're all cheap on steam atm.
>>
>>642391
last time i tried dod:s after not having played it for years, i joined a server and everyone had infinite ammo as well as flags being disabled
and before you clown on me, no, the server's name didn't state some event was active or whatever
>>
Rising Storm 2 is good
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGtOykk0n7o&t=477s
>>
>>642391
>Verdun offers you awesome trench warfare,
i've been playing that game for the first time this month, 3-25 people play the game daily, is impossible to have fun with so many bots, are you talking about the dlc front? i bet that one is actually alive and the new one that is coming out is going to be alive too, but verdun is dead.
>>
>>632618
Squad is fun. Make friends who play it, find a good server, enjoy good times.
Performance is pretty shit though.
>>
>>641860
HLL is a soulless walking sim
>>
>>642701
Squad is gay, PR is even gayer but that's where the fun is at.
>>
>>631527
Sadly the former is some kind of ADHD genre where the population craters after a month as they move on to the next fighter, leaving behind a small group that rapidly grows in skill and naturally ends up gatekeeping just by beating any newcomers. There's not many ways to cheat in a fighting game, outside of the few bots with one-frame reaction times. It is still however the one genre where multiplayer still feels enjoyable for some time.

The latter has a bunch of poor copycats who focus on multiplayer and give zero personality to its world, completely missing the point of what makes the big classic RTS games appealing. Every one is dead on arrival. Cheating there is mostly ESP radar hacks which does give a huge advantage in multiplayer, but again it shouldn't bet the focus of the genre; the best RTS games stand the test of time with a strong campaign, units with character, and freedom to easily modify and make custom content.
>>
>>631034
>screenshot
Which game and mod is this?
>>
>>645027
that's sven coop and this map (http://scmapdb.com/map:zelda-oot-conversion)
>>
>>636745
>Respawn are lads
Lest we forget...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9X58narltY Titanfall Fans Dismayed, EA & Respawn Only Have 1 to 2 Devs Fixing TF 1 & 2 Hacks & DDOS Attacks and lie about "we're working hard on it" and "fixes to come ASAP" when these issues have been ongoing for nearly 3 years with no end in sight and they only have 1 or 2 people, clearly highly incompetent ones, possibly even just interns, "working on" the issues and not resolving them
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjDkUu-wXCU The Tragedy of Titanfall - A Community Ignored / Selling a LITERALLY UNPLAYABLE game to countless thousands of people for over 3 years while intentionally ignoring people who purchased the game begging for help
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SelLvxQ0vsE The Community Torn Apart by Hackers - Apex Legends and Titanfall
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adqjzrrL8BU EA didn't force Respawn devs to make extremely condescending ad hominem attacks on players. At some point you've gotta stop blaming the EA boogieman for Respawn's decisions and hold people responsible for their own words and actions.
>>
>>632672
it's not for everyone and i can respect that you gave it a fair shake, could you at least see why others enjoyed it?
>>
>>645514
I'll never understand the DDoS "controversy." Do you expect Respawn entertainment to just rewrite the way TCP/IP works?
>>
>>645609
>Do you expect Respawn entertainment to fix the product that they are selling?
yes

do you expect the community to fix their game?.. oh wait thats what they did
>>
>>645611
The community didn't fix DDoSing, they were able to host their own servers so no one player could take down an entire network of servers. DDoSing is still a thing, TCP/IP functions the same. Their (northstar) client introduced a remote code execution exploit on top of giving up peoples login tokens for various platforms, so that was pretty epic of the community I guess?
>>
>>645614
>DDoSing is still a thing
it isnt

the ddoser got bored and stopped after northstar dropped
>>
>>645616
So all it takes is for someone to copy the IP address as they join a server and the DDoSing issue is back to square 1. The only person you can blame in this scenario is the publisher for not allowing Respawn to just release server binaries. I don't know why I'm engaging with you, I can tell you're a retard by the way you space your posts.
>>
>>631011
>Decent tier:
>TF2
stopped reading
>>
>>631053
>, i hate that new games don't allow for this much freedom
just play garrys mod like a boss
>>
File: vanilla btw.png (1.95 MB, 1617x912)
1.95 MB
1.95 MB PNG
>>645617
>I don't know why I'm engaging with you
me neither. i dont need to explain to no reality denying skizo why the ddosing hasnt been a thing for the past 4 months.

>The only person you can blame in this scenario is the publisher for continuing to sell broken shit that wont ever be fucking fixed
fixed
>>
>>645631
the ddosing not existing anymore has nothing to do with the community fixing the game and has nothing to do with respawn's post launch support or lack thereof.
>that wont ever be fucking fixed
It was never fixed, and could come back at quite literally any fucking second. You're actually retarded. What do you think DDoSing is? Explain it without googling and tell me why you think the northstar client fixed it.
>>
What I like about hunt: showdown is that it breaks from the time-to-kill gunplay I was used to. All the guns in the game are old pieces of shit and you need a full second to cock the hammer of your revolver between shots so the gun play feels way more guerilla just oogabooga'ing in and out of cover and always moving about. It's not that functionally different, if someone is crouching around a corner with a shotgun and you walk by you're dead, the same as if someone does so with an SMG in any other FPS. But realizing you're being shot, having time to spin around and fire a few shots back and dying anyway because you have a similar TTK weapon and they're already 0.05s ahead of you is frustrating. Walking around a corner, hearing the gunshot and immediately fucking dying isn't nearly as frustrating to me. And if they fuck up and wing you, you have a legitimate chance of spinning around and dropping them which just doesn't generally happen in games with automatic guns.
>>
>>631987
>pic related is the second thing I saw in the search results unofficial mirror but still...
>so fucking mindbroken that the icon of an unofficial website mirror hosting the game installer stops him from playing
>>
>>632787
>exactly, even accidentally exclaiming "faggot" gets people banned now
How the fuck do you even go outside if you can't stop yourself from screeching niggerfaggot like a retard in public?
>>
>>646732
play Apex pleb.
>>
>>631011
Hell let Loose is fun and has a red pilled playerbase.
>>
>>647183
I bought this and can't really figure out how to play. I run around and shoot at anything that doesn't have a friendly name tag without the slightest clue of what's going on around me
>>
>>647196
Sounds like you know how to play
>>
>>647196
check the map often, use your common sense to figure out where the enemy might be coming from (it'll be mutliple directions)
stay low, keep cover, stick with your squad and listen to them
>>
>>647239
oh and holding the objectives is way more important than getting kill streaks, that's why you should be super sneaky around objectives and try and stay inside the circles as much as you can
>>
>>645182
Thank you!
>>
File: 1650063818334.gif (3.82 MB, 521x421)
3.82 MB
3.82 MB GIF
>>631987
/v/ is two blocks down, go back and stay there please
>>
>>632682
lul just got this messege as i was about to call bs on you.
>>
>doesn't have a general
>can't maintain a thread here
This is the only f2p I can play that isn't about hyper specific gameplay altering battle pass challenges, classes or characters with wild imbalances that make or break an experience or packed with constant downtime and wasted time spent doing nothing. It is really fun to learn because it has a high skill ceiling and is hilarious to start when everyone bumblefucks around at the lowest skill level. Can literally play it on every platform with crossplay and then has the option to turn it off. It is borderline cheaterproof. Games last like 6-7 minutes and lets you rematch other teams easily or team up if you find a good group. It is genuinely a perfect multiplayer game but because it has nothing to really talk about, it makes for shit conversation. What ends up being the conversation? Epic buying the company and making an Epic account a requirement to play, something completely removed from the gameplay itself. And honestly, if most of those games didn't have problems, you probably wouldn't have anything to talk about half the time either. It's like problems are the sole thing keeping people engaged now, unless it's a thread on /vg/ about circlejerking namefags or waifuposting.
>>
>>649514
plenty of discussion on reddit for the reddit car game
>>
>>631034
Then buy GME

This is not financial advice
>>
>>631011
I’ve had more fun with games in the last month after almost a 3 month break than I’ve ever had in my entire life

you are just depressed or burnt out of vidya, take a break
>>
>>631011
Ready or not
>>
>>631011
There are none. Good take on Squad, the other squad-like games are equally trash too.

I just want the mix of realism/arcade fun that Battlefield 2, Battlefield 3, and Battlefield 4 had. Old CS:S was good too.
>>
Anyone playing SCUM? I bought it day 1 but thought it sucked and counted it off as a early access scam but it looks kinda good now and maybe a decent competitor to DayZ?
>>
I have literally played the dame 2 games my whole life. Over 900 days /played on WoW 1.12.1 and 3.3.5, 10k+ hours on Quake Live, and probably another 10-15k hours on Quake3/Mods.
>>
File: 2551.jpg (124 KB, 1024x828)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
Later this year I'm going to be hosting some Half-Life/HL2 multiplayer and mods for /v/ in the vein of party /v/an. List as follows in no particular order:
>Half-Life 1 DM
>Science and Industry
>Vampire Slayer
>Firearms
>Frontline Force
>CS 1.6 w/ Nippermaps, Warcraft 3 mod, and roll the dice
>Sven Co-op
>Rocket Crowbar
>Earth's Special Forces
>Battle Grounds
>Syndicate Black Ops
>The Specialists
>Action Half-Life
>Natural Selection
>Ricochet
>Deathmatch Classic
>The Opera
>Day of Defeat
etc. I'd also like to host Serious Sam co-op/dm games, as well as Source multiplayer like HL2DM, Pirates Vikings and Knights II, The Hidden, Obsidian Conflict, and Doom DM/mods, but the first order of business is HL1 related content. Keep your eyes open. I hope to start doing this at least once a week beginning in August.
>>
>>652797
/v/ and /vm/ my bad.
>>
>>652797
i tried syndicate black ops and it just crashes randomly after a few minutes
>>
>>631601
Never played Dota but this really seems like a trend in post launch game balancing
Things are fun and interesting
Then fags that arent playing for fun pick it up
"Man this games so broken this needs to be fixed or im done"
Shit gets nerfed until the game is boring and people wonder why its boring
>>
>>652797
Science and fucking Industry? HL1 DM? Firearms? DoD?
Sign me the fuck UP.... seriously, please let me join you guys lel. Science and Industry/Firearms/DoD are some of my best multiplayer experiences. Goddamn I miss proper 1.6 CS.

Are there any CS 1.6 servers remaining that aren't just cheaters and faggot nolifers installing a million idiotic mods on every map?
>>
i got hell let loose yesterday and it's a lot of fun, even though i am constantly dying i at least try to be helpful to my team since it's very teamfocused anyway and one slight mistake will get you killed instantly. not to mention the artillery just bombing you away. also it looks gorgeous.
>>
>>631011
>Name a single FPS multiplayer game that is GOOD.
Quake 3.
>>
>>646732
This is true until you reach that MMR where the enemies don't give you a second chance, but this is true of any game with matchmaking
>>
>>631155
i agree a lot with the perspectives above on lack of moddable games, but the truth is there are it's just this posters fact. there are actually too many fucking games. and unless you pay steam to push your game to the very top of the pile it will never even reach simultaneous 3 digit playercounts at its peak. then will trickle down into 2 digit, then die.

it feels ridiculous because the nu-game spoon-fed, DLC zoomer style games bring in what seems like a huge audience of gamers. but there are fewer true robots playing robot games like it was in the 90s and 00s when playing computer games was NOT fuckign considered cool at all. but now even a percentage of robots are playing cuck spoonfed "ranked" (aka bug attractant games), reducing the total number of real games out there.
>>
>>631543
joining the fucking spanish speaking CS 1.6 servers that earrape you with nacho salsa music and "JAJAJAJA" is the cancer of cs classic
>>
>>631011
you're an idiot
>>
>>646732
i like hunt showdown a lot but the slowness of movement and lack of variety as far as what you can do gets boring after a while. the audio design is great. i much prefer hell let loose. it has a lot more action and lets you play a variety of different roles, many of which are used to support your team in way or another. not to mention that it looks great. i am really looking forward to the next updates, which will add night variants and flares to the maps among other things.
with hunt showdown the updates seem to be mostly new skins and characters for you to buy, but nothing too big.
>>
>>631011
Try Hell Let Loose. First game since Battlefield 2 to get me hooked.
>>
>>631011
Quake Champions, Quake Live
>>
>>636675
you clearly don't
>>
Zoomers killed FPS diversity by being ADHD twats that will give billions of dollars to publishers so they can gamble on jewelery for autistic children.

Enjoy your live service zoomer shooter bullshit.
>>
>>632505
this is actually something I still learn going back to it. been playing it since beta off and on and only just now tried getting into skyknighting at BR82. I still get rekt 1v1 99/100 times but that one time I manage to legit solo a fully kitted esf or 2/6 valkyrie feels like actual progress being made as opposed to cheap bullshit. that and
>haha Banshee go BRRRRRRRRT
still causes rage for some reason.
like other people stated, the different guns/attachments/vehicle equipment are really just situational sidegrades. what really matters is gitting gud and learning the games nuances, because they're the same for everyone.
>>
File: base.jpg (692 KB, 1920x1080)
692 KB
692 KB JPG
>>633377
the thing is the game has so many different systems that interconnect its really hard to balance it all, especially since WREL (the current devs) are small and inexperienced. the bases are straight up designed with intentional chokepoints everywhere essentially turning every fight that isn't on Oshur into a big meat grinder since vehicles can't really play a part in most base captures outside of deployed sundies. I STILL get lost in the fucking containment sites, even with arrows on the ground that apparently tell you where to go. Oshur was a breath of fresh air in this regard (I see a LOT more combined arms fights, especially early on in the D-day beach area). then everyone learned Oshur's design sucks too and the construction system (the whole point of Oshur) is heavily flawed. one lone cloaker should not be able to rip a base apart solo. period.

hallway farms can be killed with an outfit/base orbital pretty quickly though, as it'll usually destabilize one side enough the herd of cats will at least move to the point/back a base on the lattice.

>t. Connery TRChad
>life is suffering
>>
I miss the age of simple no gimmick non-class based FPS MP games
>>
>>631011
War thunder is fun but you have to spend some time on it, i have 250+ hours and ive been playing for some months and im already at 8.7 italy. There is no need to make it your job you juts have to give it some love and endure the grind. Also buying a prem pack when its on sale is a really good deal i got 2 planes, 2000GE, and 30 days premium time for around 15 USD.
>>
File: et1.jpg (178 KB, 1024x576)
178 KB
178 KB JPG
>>657449
cuck
>>
>>657789
>op medic: the game
>>
>>657781
I found warthunder to be frustrating to play, sure the gameplay is realistic in the sense that tanks aren't damage sponges but instead are actually fragile. Damaging tracks can immobilize the tank, aswell as knocking out the driver, or how damaging the ammunition will cause it to explode taking out the tank, even blowing off the turret sky high with enough ammo

but for that exact same reason I found it frustrating, getting insta killed by a tank at a 60 degree angle inbetween two large rocks in between rocks 2-3 map squares away

essentially it feels like having no chance to fight back
>>
>>657449
>sauerbraten
This man knows the good shit.
>>
>>639804
>midair
Lmao how can you expect people to play this game when it looks like this?
>>
>>660187
So mod it how you like instead of bitching? Did you not read the context of the posts before you replied? Nigger.
>>
>>660189
I did, people want a good game as a base
Not one where you have to pay money to cover up your ugly face
>>
>>660190
>good game = graphics
You're beyond saving.
>>
>>660219
I'm not even a graffixfag though
If you make your game both ugly as shit and visually bland people won't play it, simple as
You don't have to be part of the "good game = graphics" club to figure that out
>>
>>660187
KEK

imagine dumping thousands of hours and moneys on a game only to make the playable characters look like THIS
>>
>>660219
>good game = shitty graphics
You're beyond salvation.
>>
File: aids.png (188 KB, 1009x708)
188 KB
188 KB PNG
>play the game once
>get literal inventory aids forever
>>
>>631011
>t. boomer who has no friends
>>
>>660288
yes good games can have shitty graphics.
>>660274
I didn't realize we were having a popularity contest in the thread. I really suggest you re-read the context.
>>
>>660318
>his friends choose what he is allowed to play
that's honestly triple sad

>>660442
>yes good games can have shitty graphics.
but i am not a sanitation worker
>>
>>660870
You're just a reddit spacing zoomer.
>>
>>632656
God the way that reddit mod acts has become so extremely typical of reddit in general. The whole "fuck you if you don't agree with topic then get out" just seems so childish no matter what gets debated.
>>
>>661671
>never got past child entitlement
>calls others childish
>>
>>661790
You'd let your kid play Squad?
>>
>>631022
I have 800ish hours in Hunt. I gave it a good shot. The game has been plagued with bugs since launch, high MMR games are boring, playing solo is unnattractive. I really wanted it to work out, but the game is just so shitty due to incompetent devs.
>>
>>661855
Name me a current FPS dev that ISN'T incompetent for once.
>>
>>632738
this game would be fucking excellent if it was in VR. I tried playing it, it was painfully slow and barebones. I get le realistic "1 bullet from any gun and you're dead" approach but while the fact that you can't tank 7 SMG rounds or 4 5.56 rounds is closer to reality, it also made all guns feel samey and boring.

Sound is really good, presentation is awesome and so is attention to detail but it's just soooo boring.

And don't get me wrong, I love me some SWAT 4, some Ready or Not, some Hunt: Showdown (which is slow-paced as well) but for some reason I can't stand Insurgency.

Also,

>realism but women characters

Fucking ew.
>>
File: coh.jpg (137 KB, 1280x720)
137 KB
137 KB JPG
>>631011
If only there was a genre of games which is 100% skill based. If only it was possible to play that genre instead of some zoomer trash shit like overwatch (fucking imagine) which is designed in every wat to appeal to absolute lowest common denominator.
If only.
>>
>>652797
Here to show support, I want this. War3TFT was my jam. Don't you dare set the exp rate too low.50 kills = lvl 10 and that's it.
>>
>>631011
they literally just need to release xdefiant and gundam evolution soon, i just want a mouse and keyboard focused cod clone
>>
>>661990
gookclicking is not a skill
>>
>>661990
>anon plays cookie clicker
>thinks he is above zoomer trash
>>
not many have mentioned it, but hell let loose is the best multiplayer fps ive played since bf2. most fps turned to room temp IQ circlejerks after bf2
>>
>>631011
Fistful of frags has active servers and cool cowboy weapons. If you don't find cowboy shootouts fun then you are impossible to please. It's a bit jank but it's super fun and the map design is amazing.
>>
>>631987
>P2W from what I remember
Yes and no, a lot of people in that game don't run meta stuff, so you can have fun.
>>
>>660291
how do you delete these?
>>
>>656789
>literal 5 year early access game that never got finished
>browser game
???????
>>
stop
buying
games

and stop pirating them too

Nothing released in the past decade has been a viable multiplayer experience. Look towards older moddable games you can self host, no always-online botnet/dlc shit or p2w is the only real multiplayer experience.

So, yes. I'm saying play the ORIGINAL Diablo II instead of Diablo III and the upcoming Diablo 4. The new features aren't worth putting up with their bullshit.
>>
>>665281
you don't lol
just hide your inventory
>>
>>665246
the developer is a fucking retard and doesn't understand his own game, he should've been banned from making mechanics changes around 2016
>>
>>662581
>>662875
>retards think every RTS is shitcraft 2
zoom zoom
>>
>>632674
>>632682
>>632710

Here to vilify csgo. Few years ago before the game went f2p and they started piling on the garbage, around 2015, I got pretty good at the game. I climbed the ranks and practiced and managed to get to LE. That being said, the higher you go, the more rampant the hacking is. It felt almost like if you weren't using wallhacks or if you weren't a savant, you wouldn't touch GE.
>>
>>668537
>le rock paper scissors in a game with 5 players is le skill
lol
>>
>>664575
>casual babyshit with zero aiming is the best multiplayer fps i've played
ok
>>
>>668583
what do you mean zero aiming?
>>
>>668594
no tracking, large hitboxes, high momentum, just maintain crosshair placement and click on stationary targets most of the time
>>
Buy a quest and play Pavlov dickass
>>
>>668987
>quest
underage go home
>>
>>668987
i like pavlov but the meta is getting the first headshot with the AK 47 not fun at all, plus it is a boots on the ground shooter that doesnt even allow you do jump
>>
>name a single FPS multiplayer game that is good
>ctrl + F MOHAA
>no results
absolutely fucking disgraceful, kill yourselves /vm/
>>
>>669024
Why is not being able to jump a bad thing? It's a VR game so jumping would generally feel awful, and no body would fucking jump in a real gun fight.
>>
>>669210
> It's a VR game so jumping would generally feel awful
contractors has it and everyone uses it kys

>and no body would fucking jump in a real gun fight.
what that got to do with shit autist
>>
>>669215
You never explained why jumping is a bad thing you just called me autistic.
>>
>>669269
it severely limits mobility and forces every map to be flat duh??????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRGkpOV2xwU
>>
>>664575
Honestly I've started enjoying talking shit like an autist in proxy chat a lot in that game
>>
>>669328
There's still stairs and inclines dickass almost none of the maps are flat.
>>
>>669726
wow there is a 35 degree incline somewhere the map isn't completely on rails anymore
>>
>>669801
"on rails" is the pavlov experience on most maps to be quite honest, very well said. Is contractors really that good? Where were you in the vr thread when the sale was active?
>>
>>669801
Actually play the fucking game and you'll realize not jumping doesn't take anything away from it at all. Also your able to jump on most community servers anyway.
>>
File: Advanced-Vault-System.png (2.82 MB, 1680x1050)
2.82 MB
2.82 MB PNG
>>669809
>why didn't you shill a broken game when you were supposed to
the marketing team didn't send me the link

>>670007
>not jumping doesn't take anything away from it at all
wow wow maybe because literally every map in the game is already designed around that limitation???

the actual reason why they didn't implement jump and even nerfed AD strafing (the VR equivalent of it) is because it is harder to shoot moving targets, so ofc dumb people like you will pretend those crippled maps aren't crippled.

>Also your able to jump on most community servers anyway.
>jump is actually enabled by map
>most community servers aren't running those specific maps
what did the skizo mean by this
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsbDfBgE3Hg

15 years ago I wouldn't have believed that Tremulous is going to be the last actually interesting and well designed asymmetric base-building shooter battle arena. Video games have regressed so much, modern games are boring, homogenized, and still end up somehow unbalanced.
>>
>>631011
quake arena
>>
>>670046
stop shilling your channel
>>
>>670214
Not my channel, just picked a video of semi-recent quality to represent the gameplay. If you search for tremulous gameplay it's the third result.
>>
File: Zero-Caliber-Reloaded.jpg (185 KB, 1280x720)
185 KB
185 KB JPG
>>631011
Zero caliber : reloaded for (((quest 2))). Just dropped multiplayer. I honestly haven't had this much fun with a FPS since, shit, Blackhawk down PC.
>>
ALL games are evil.
I won't read replies, because I know that some still need to overcome their addiction.
God will always be waiting for you :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUNxOA-TMPc
https://www.bitchute.com/video/68b2CGK8vA5H/
>>
QuakeWorld

Still has active community and is playable by noobs
>>
>>670736
>2019
>semi-recent
>>
File: Pig.png (1.08 MB, 600x900)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB PNG
>>671273
>those digitally edited sounds of household items are actually beautiful beautiful cute pigs getting castrated
>their suffering gives me pleasure
skizo kino
>>
Foxhole. Blueberry. Orgres. Babay eaters. foxhole foxhole foxhole

Persistent warfare mmo where everything from guns to ammo to tanks are all playermade

Logistics system. VOIP.
>>
>>671273
>:)
nice bait, basketball-american
>>
>>671280
The game is from 2006 and most of the videos over 10 years old. In that scope, 2019 is recent.
>>
>>671348
Foxhole is legitimately great but not without problems like balance, for example the blueberries winning most of the wars recently
>>
As jank as Star Citizen has been, the new update fixes a ton of issues and Siege of Orison event has been a massive step in the FPS direction
>>
>>631011
I just play Realm of the Mad God. It does have some early-game grinding, but you only really have to grind if you are shit and let your characters die.
>>
File: mm8bdm.png (125 KB, 1152x864)
125 KB
125 KB PNG
>>631011
Mega Man 8-bit Deathmatch
>>
Dead by daylight.
>>
>>631011
Planetside 2?
>>
I really want to like War Thunder because it's the easiest combat flight sim that you can play using mouse to aim, but god DAMN did they fuck up the economy in that game. It feels like I'm forced to take a break when I get shot down early in one of my good planes. I had a year of premium in 2020 and it still felt like I was sliding backwards on a treadmill every time I went on a BR above 5.
>>
>>671348
>>671750
Has the clantardation cooled down at all since war 19 Jade Cove? Witnessing that as it happened turned me off from the game permanently
>>
>>631011
And how about cod warzone? Is it any good?
>>
>>631011
There are still a number of decent games. The ones I have been playing are:

Minion Masters, a sort of card game/RTS/tower defence hybrid thing. There is minor grinding, but it's really generous, especially if you get good at drafting.

Eternal Card Game: Yes, it's a /ccg/, so there is a lot of grinding, but the Expedition format (basically standard) is really fun. You can easily make decent decks without too much time, again much faster if you know how to draft.

Gremlins Inc. Mario Party but based on Jewish stereotypes. It's a game about moving around a board, converting a basic money currency into a score currency. Has a pretty interesting way of moving, instead of rolling a die you have a hand of six cards. Those cards can either be used to move, or to perform an action on certain spots.

Fantasy Strike Fantasy Strike is a fighting game with the most complex inputs being direction and button. Every character has like 12 moves at max, and it has a really low barrier of entrance. However, it has all the high level aspects of fighting games, like spacing, mind games, okizeme, and so on.

Tuggowar.io: A web based game in the vein of many deck builders like Ascension, Dominion, and the like. Really simple to learn, but has a decent prediction style of play. Can get pretty degenerate with the amount of draw cards, but luckily you can customize what cards are in the pool.

Pokemon Showdown: I fucking hate how nobody has been able to figure out how to make a good Pokemon killer. There's three main aspects that I like about Pokemon: teambuilding with lots of hidden information (move set, item, ability, EVs etc.), simultaneous move selection, and a simply but non-symmetrical elemental system. I hate the RNG bullshit that infests every fucking match (I swear to god if I miss Toxic another three times in a fucking row), but I just can't find a good enough replacement.
>>
>>631011
I couldnt stand how aiming works in CSGO.
Even understanding that I got to stand perfectly still for good accuracy, pull down slowly while shooting, and know I got a fixed spread pattern.
The way aiming works in this game fights against every instinct I learned in other fps. Namely that standing still (to aim) in a fire fight is against my instinct to evade.

So unless I am stealthally pushing or gaurding a corner, my bullets go everywhere but where I aim.
No other game is this fucking bad.
>>
>>632618
squad is very fun and the community likes to talk shit and fuck around. some mods are retarded and the devs do one hour of work on the game every 3 days.
worst problem is the stale meta rn but if you're just getting into it you'll have probably 100 hours of playtime before you start feeling it.
>>
speaking of Valve games, beware of the scammer who runs a Half Life server under the alias Stylez. He likes to scam the community into paying for plug in use while other servers offer the same ones for FREE. he has scammed financially estimated over five thousand dollars and has his cronies hack into other servers stealing data in addition to creating a client that he stole credit from the original creator (HLBugFix) where he put a PiXie RAT virus in that keylogs and multiple have reported their PC suddenly not working right after downloading. there is proof of his lies and scams in the video i will link here. https://youtu.be/oGtOykk0n7o?t=318
>>
>>631011
Play single player games ?
>>
>>680868
>/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer
>>
>>632725
>muh nigger safespace
Imagine seething this much you can't go around quoting lovecraft for ONE second lmao
>>
imagine seething this much that I go around quoting lovecraft
>>
>>632274
Yeah that happened to my favorite Arma stratis wasteland server the A3 wasteland servers took over basically and those are retarded. That said the sa-matra wasteland servers kinda killed themselves when they changed the map on their main server to shitty Tanoa.
>>
>>631011
>CSGO - devs running it into the ground even more and rendered unplayable from cheaters for years now maybe odd things like surf are ok?

the game is in best state its ever been in, at least from a competitive standpoint. yeah the matchmaking is shit and full of cheaters but if you play services like ESEA & faceit (faceit is free) you don't get any cheaters and a much better matchmaking system anyways. valve has always struggled with making good matchmaking systems like with tf2 meet your match, but it's been getting better.

>>675695
you can still evade shots by counter strafing. its a pretty good mix between realism and arcade, the game is definitely leaning more towards arcade. the gunplay in the game isn't bad at all it's just unconventional.

i would say csgo is probably one of the only consistently good fps games out there on the market just it's hard to get into with the official servers being dogshit.
>>
>>680888
Why there is no single player games board ?
>>
>>631011
>Name a single FPS multiplayer game that is GOOD

TLOU Factions
>>
>>631011
I just tried the new Squad SATCOM/RTS mod and it's such a pity. The game mode is amazing, incredible, it's like Battlefield but more objective based & innovative... And it's ruined by Squads shit tier autistic gameplay.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (97 KB, 1280x720)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>642643
>Rising Storm 2
>300-600 concurrent players
>"mega server" is the only dedicated server usually popped but its heavily modded in weird ways
>every 5 seconds on "mega server": "hiiii hooooOOOOOO!" .wav plays
>mfw when mp got really shitty on one of my favorite games
>>
>>681878
Seems like every game these days has the same terrible slow ass “realism” gameplay or is horrible and cartoonish like apex legends. I just want the fun gameplay and pacing of battlefield with the multiplayer depth of squad or arma, in good looking modern war setting.
>>
>>671752
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knE_csUWxgQ
>>
>>631011
>Haven't played but probably shit (prove me wrong if you think any are good):
>Hunt showdown - probably cheaters and just another shit BR game
it's fun
>>
File: 1584443446290.jpg (126 KB, 1311x984)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
>>631011

yes gaming fucking sucks today. games aren't made buy basement freaks that love gaming anymore but ordered by suits.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.