[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 8 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: lotro.jpg (317 KB, 1360x642)
317 KB
317 KB JPG
Is this any good? I heard they recently made a bunch of its paid content free.
>>
>>607106
see
>>562948
do you like middle earth? do you like wow clones from 15 years ago? can you put up with shitty servers? then this is the game for you
>>
>>607202
Feels more like WoW used to feel, which is a good thing. Game is super comfy, too.
>>
>>607106
>I heard they recently made a bunch of its paid content free.
>The Anniversary Event begins at 10:00 AM Eastern (-4 GMT) on April 20th, 2022, and runs until 3:00 AM Eastern on May 12th.
It is over.
>>
>>608467
Oh no, I heard about it a week ago too and didn't take the time to create an account, download and login. I've been watching someone in YouTube play through and it looked very relaxing. Guess fuck it, no point playing if everyone a couple days ago got 100s of dollars worth of shit for free. Their website kind of confused me about what exact paid for content is free, but it sounded significant and necessary to stick with the game long term. So my LOTRO journey ended before it began hahah
>>
>>608744
You still get a big amount of it for free. It is something like up to level 95 is free always now, the event got you up free shit to 130, I think, but they give away shit for free pretty frequently anyway.
If you manage to stick with it up to 95 you'll either buy the expansions because you want to or they would have been free again at some point anyway.
>>
>>607106
If you like the whole Lord of The Rings deal and the idea of wandering the world around collecting bear asses for Elrond then you will enjoy it. Non-dungeon stuff is a bit mindlessly easy at times though.
>>
File: 20220508171346_1.jpg (860 KB, 1920x1080)
860 KB
860 KB JPG
>>607106
Its good from 1-65 or until you hit Rohan, similar to Swtor. I had a lot of fun doing all the Shadow of Angmar Book quest with my new character (again), so do them all before going to Moria.

After that, I don't know, I stop played since Mirkwood. I'm boosted and now I'm kinda lost at level 120 and since that I don't level anymore. Could take the 130 boost for free. Its also a shame they fuck up the "Legendary Server", I would kill for a older or at least, modify version of SoA/Moria.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.