[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 88 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: robber.png (371 KB, 1024x1024)
371 KB
371 KB PNG
Season 6 is up. It's still shit and it killed the game, how are you guys enjoying it? Are you excited season 7?

Friendly reminder to fly pic related to let everyone know you're part of the secret club.
>>
>>584690
>it killed the game
Season 5 was worse
>>
Season 6 ruined nothing at large. It just made it even less likely for attacks on non-emissary ships to be worth it from a loot-per-minute standpoint, but they weren't even really worth it to begin with. All sea forts did was forcefeed brainless marauders their castor oil, and removed the excuses they could use in open crew to egg everyone into chasing a default Sloop with no emissary flag for 45 minutes.
>>
I hope I can finally have a keg of rum in my captain's quarters
Captaincy is gonna be so fucking ebin
>>
so do you guys think we'll get fully custom ship names or will they just be a combination of pre-selected words and phrases.
>>
>be me
>solo slooping because friends are asleep
>doing trade routes
>ambushed by galleon
>sink
>hop servers
>do more trade routes
>brig camps outpost for 20 minutes before I get impatient and he sinks me
>hop servers
>do more trade routes
>get sunk by the volcano outpost
just not my night tonight
>>
>>585823
First instinct is mix-and-match phrases, but given that the point is it to be YOUR ship and because they've let free keyboard chat be a thing for a while, I'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt.
>>
>>584690
They took arena from me when they released seaons 6 so it’s definitely the worst.
>>
File: file.png (110 KB, 1256x698)
110 KB
110 KB PNG
For reference. I personally think you'll be able to name your ship, just using the same word filter that pet names currently use.
>>
File: file.png (149 KB, 1274x779)
149 KB
149 KB PNG
>>
>>585828
How do you get "ambushed by a galleon"? You're more maneuverable and faster into the wind. Just run nigga.
>>
>>585828
I got chased by a reaper after grinding for ashen curse I was chased and they sank me and started spawn camping the guy was getting butt mad I didn't say GG and kept telling them I had nothing good and I already did what I needed to do. Its like they wanted me to be mad I just scuttled and logged off
>>
I keep missing my cannonball am i retarded or is it normal?
>>
>>585913
Depends. One common mistake I see people make is using shitty cannons. There's only about 6 cannons with "perfect" aim, about another 6 with "pretty good" aim, and the rest are all variations of bad to unusable.

Other than that if you haven't you need to learn how ship movement affects the direction of your shot. There's no silver bullet though, just needs a lot of practice.
>>
>>585916
Which cannon should you use?
>>
>>586154
The absolute best cannon are the default ones, the Killer Whale, or the Glorious/Triumphant Sea Dog ones, those last ones being no longer obtainable.

Really good ones are the Eternal Freedom or any of the Wild Rose style cannon.

Really what you want is any that have minimal/no flaring or protrusions at the end. Lots of them have flares or decorative shit near the end of the barrel and that's naturally going to throw your aim off. A good example of awful ones are any of the Aristocrat cannons.
>>
>>586162
What about the spider web cannons?
>>
File: Cannons.jpg (165 KB, 1997x997)
165 KB
165 KB JPG
>>586631
They aren't the worst, but not ideal. notice how it has that extra shit tacked on that makes the end bigger. And the fake iron sight makes you think it's useful but left/right aiming isn't hard and that's only going to mess your vertical more. Compare with the Killer Whale which is perfectly flat and even.

Keep in mind this isn't usually game changing stuff and if you use the same cannon all the time you'll naturally get used to it. But in a relatively simple game like this the difference between winning and losing can be something as small as landing one or two extra shots per volley.
>>
>>586640
Mhmm I see
>>
>>585796
>Season 6 ruined nothing at large.
Everyone I know stopped playing the game when they realized they'd be drip-feeding content over the course of the season. Season 7 looks like a better prospect of playing because you'd get s6 worth of content plus the initial s7 content.
>>
>>586687
>drip-feeding content over the course of the season
They're just releasing the Pirate Legend content halfway through. How is that a dripfeed.
>>
>>586712
It's different from just getting one batch every 3 months. I personally like it this way, that plus the Adventures every few weeks means there's often something new.
>>
>>586714
Well I don't particularly mind one way or another, since I played SoT about once a week anyways. It's just that the major content is only split into halves, while the adventures so far have mostly just been existing content with extra flavor for going there (although the leaks for Shrouded Deep show this will change). It's just not what I would generally describe as being an agonizingly slow drip feed, at least enough to drop the game until everything comes out.
>>
>>585877
Not him, but it can happen. You fall into a situation where the Galleon comes out over the horizon, bearing down on you, and you gotta make some important decisions to start losing them. Like you can't just say
>just sail into the wind
where the direction they're approaching you from means THEY have the wind, and just trying to sail past them so they have to turn around is something that can leave you vulnerable and be easily misplayed
>>
>>585828
>solo slooping a year or so ago
>bored and no real plans
>start doing a flameheart event solo
>brigantine decides they want to start shit and interrupt me
>start knocking them on their asses
>chase them as they start retreating
>skeleton ship pops up on me
>decide to give up goosechase and go after skelly ship instead
>only get 4-5 shots off before cannonballs start flying over me from behind
>turn around and see a galleon somehow sneaking up to boarding range right beside me since I last did a ship-check 20 seconds ago
>quickly put distance between us
>keep that distance and lazily shoot their large-ass ship while they have a hard time hitting my dinky little sloop
>harass them like this for 30 minutes until they either run out of planks or stop paying attention to their holes for too long and sink
It's easy to sink a galleon from a sloop if you don't get greedy and BotHands McNevermisses isn't on their ship.
>>
>>586162
>Triumphant Sea Dog
Not as good as Mayhem cannons.
>>
>>586786
>trying to sail past them
Risky if they have a good shooter going for your mast(s) of pvp balls like an anchorball, I feel your pain. But if you can get past them escape is easy since the galleon is pathetically slow to come about even with an anchor turn.

All I been getting lately is trash newb crews or faggot griefers and trolls. What is it about this game that attracts the worst people? I mean some of them don't actually want to steal your loot or take over your fort at the end and get an easy snatch, they just want to keep you from getting anything. That's anyone from your own crew ditching your hours of gathered treasure into the ocean before kegging/firebombing the ship after tricking everyone into leaving them alone with it to people who constantly harass you over and over and over until you run out of boards and sink, and then they just quit anyway cause it's not about taking your shit they just don't want you to have it. It's at the point I have to keep what I want to do a secret because some asshole will go out of their way to keep me from getting that commendation even though they'd get it too. I really really really want the option to ban players from being able to join my crew, do it RARE.

>xX_TrollMcGriefJOO9000-Xx has joined your crew
>>
>>586875
Don't use open crew, its full of faggots and greifers- use the discord to find a decent crew
>>
>>586875
>what is it about this game that attracts the worst people
Playing as pirates gets propped up as an excuse to be an asshole, and part of the issue is that the conversation have become so polluted with crybabies that being an asshole is seen as
>you played PvP in this PvPvE game
instead of
>you wasted both our time and sought no reward beyond trying to make someone mad
The end result is that even on your own crew, people will be a complete nuisance because "Nyeh! I'm a traitorous pirate!," and the only recourse you have is brigging them with no long-term consequences, and if anything, you fuck yourselves over, because now you're down a guy without opening the slot. There's a few systems they could put in place to curtail things, but the core premise of the game means there'll never be a shortage of people whose ultimate goal is to cause the most headaches, rather than acquire the most gold or racking up the most sinkages.
>>
>>586870
Mayhem Cannons are perfectly usable, but again they have this faux iron sight which isn't actually doing you any good and might just mislead a less good pirate.
>>
Captaincy Update is live on the Insiders Servers. Should be able to get more info on it tonight.
>>
File: pirate2.png (2.39 MB, 1920x1080)
2.39 MB
2.39 MB PNG
How about you post you're pirate?
>>
>>586849
If a team is dumb enough to sink to a solo player they aren't worth using as an example begin with.
>>
>>586849
kek not bad, they look absolutely terrible though
>trying to manoeuver around a sloop at 80% sails
>not one but two snipers and neither can hit a single shot
>nobodys even trying to board you
>>
>>585916
bruh get a centre screen crosshair then it literally doesn't matter what cannons you use
>>
>>587938
Sorry I haven't sucked enough dicks to get one yet.
>>
>want to do thieves haven runs solo
but it's just too much random shit to dig up
>>
>>588112
If you only want the Athena rep you can just tap all the other shit and not dog it up fully. Otherwise since the new Athena voyage is outside today I'd wait to see how hard that is.
>>
So how awful is this new event and athena shit?
>>
>>588131
Awesome.
>>
>>588131
it's not bad but it's no different from any other tall tale, open crews likely wont even finish it. Also gives very little athena rep
>>
>>586909
what discord?
>>
>>588399
I assume he means the official Sea of Thieves Discord, which isn't bad. There's no way he would recommend that shitty 4chan Discord someone was shilling a few threads back.
>>
>>588131
Tried the event and went after a shadowmaw, I figured I could handle it alone, it knocked me off the ship halfway through lilling it and my ship just kept going away from me couldn't catch it before it sank. Also my graphic icons don't seem to be loading so it makes selecting things from my inventory or a crate take about 10 times longer. I really hope I don't have to get all 4 and kill the ghost in one run cause that's a big fat fuck that.
>>
>>588334
>very little
1/4th 20 to 21 from one voyage. Shorter than a thieves' haven run.
>>
File: 1623063415886.png (10 KB, 402x463)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
>hook stronghold keg onto my sloop
>it explodes
what did I do wrong here fellas
>>
https://streamable.com/rn0tni
>>
>>588762
found a server where the 4 souls were already on the altar, another crew joined us, we summoned it then the fucker immediately bugged out and disappeared
good game rare

>>588987
kegs will explode if they touch the hull when on a hook so don't hook them from below you or too far to the sides and definitely don't move the harpoon after hooking one
>>
>want to finish Tall Tales
>every time i start up the game friends keep joining in for galleon shenanigans
i mean its good too but my solo experience..
>>
>>589002
skill issue
>>
>>588987
1. You harpooned a keg. Don't do that ever.
2. What >>589006 said.
>>
>>589002
You probably got hit regged on your sniper snot, so there's that. The sword stuff does look iffy but I'd me more inclined to say he had high ping and there was some lag. Could be hacking, I've just never seen any sword hacks.
>>
>>589002
This just shows where the close quarters sucks in combat. You can't defend in this game, on a console you can't even turn fast enough when blocking. They need to have some block counter-attack that breaks through a sword spam.
>>
>>589204
Block three times.
>>
File: 1639183850104.png (515 KB, 750x920)
515 KB
515 KB PNG
>>588987
It's a major risk, but that's half the fun
>>
>>589240
I always keep a few on board our brig. Worst case, we lose one mast if it detonates. Best case we get an easy sink on someone else.
>>
File: 1648689655296.gif (1.43 MB, 640x494)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB GIF
Most fun I've had in this game in forever, even the level 5 Reaper helped kill the meg.
>>
>Doing Shrouded Ghost fight with a friendly sloop
>Brig rolls in tries to fuck it up
>We sink cause it's an open crew galleon so of course we do
>Take shots at the brig, board them, spawn camp them
>One guy on their crew is calling me a no skill faggot the whole time I'm beating them one versus three
>They sink, my galleon comes back, we and the sloop get credit for finishing the event, brig doesn't

Talk shit, get hit.
>>
File: 1639164185697.gif (3.49 MB, 340x340)
3.49 MB
3.49 MB GIF
Is the new voyage out yet?
>>
>>589359
It is. It's reasonably fun and the loot is pretty good. A definite improvement over the previous Athena voyages. Only "downside" is that the last part of the voyage makes you a pretty big target for PvP.
>>
>>589362
Good my weekend is made then
>>
File: tim curry.jpg (25 KB, 350x505)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>589359
Got L5 emissary super fast, Gives about 1/4 fill on your company xp bar

>>589299
pic relevant
>>
File: captnsplat.jpg (147 KB, 2048x864)
147 KB
147 KB JPG
>>587831
>>
>>589525
Athena Curse eyes seem a little weird with it, but overall solid crazy sea hobo.
>>
>>589525
That's a great look, matey!
>>
>SoT thread
>not a single crew going
Just make a /vg/ thread, you guys are basically doing what they do.
>>
>>589627
This game doesn't have anime tits in it though
>>
>>589627
I check up on this thread once a week to see how the other lads are doing. Other than that, i'm just doing solo slooping.
>>
>>589627
Nah. The thread's here on /vm/ because it's for talking about video games. Moving to /vg/ is to instead suck each other's cocks and talk about how much we want to pound somebody's ass later in a private discord
>>
>>589638
every /vg/ thread is full of people like you who talk about boogiemen discoirds and don't play the game though :(
>>
>>589640
Nobody's going to join your discord, anon
>>
>>589694
>everyone that wants to play sea of thieves wants to be in a discord
What? I just want to find people to play.
>>
>>589699
Nah, if that were true, then you would've said something to the effect of
>hey, I'm hosting a crew, here's the lobby link/deets/etc.
Instead you went all gay n' shit and suggested a move to what's basically a vidya-themed version of /soc/, which is gay even if done facetiously. Ya don't care about video games, you just wanna bitch like a little bitch boy.
>>
>>589703
meds now schizo, put on a trip and go to /vg/
>>
>>589703
>you're not looking to play unless you do exactly what i would
Cool. So, do you want to play?
>>
>>589708
Nah, I'm already posting while I'm sailing. Besides, why would I play with a little bitch boy looking to agitate already. One that's apparently not already playing video games, at that.
>>
You're both kind of faggots. If people want to advertise to play, great. If they just want to shitpost and share stories and discuss updates then great too.
>>
>>589631
How you gunna get the shrouded ghost solo?
>>
>>589780
Not him but I got it by just parking my ship at the Killer Whale and waiting for another ship to show up who would let me join them.
>>
Where are the people that actually play the game instead of touch it once every 3 weeks?
>>
File: 1641900394810.png (275 KB, 750x563)
275 KB
275 KB PNG
What can my pals and I do on a galleon in combat with the smaller ships, It feels like it'll never be feasible to take them down. They just remain out of range or retreat to the shallows near islands and rocks, where turning is difficult. We really only kill brigs or sloops in a direct battle if we get a strong board and start killing everyone on board. Otherwise, naval combat is a crawl, as everyone appears to remain at a maximum distance versus a galleon.
I'm getting really tired of these dances in circles around the ocean or the chore that is a chase.
What can we do better or differently?
>>
>>590030
>We really only kill brigs or sloops in a direct battle if we get a strong board and start killing everyone on board.
Do this, but better.
>>
File: 1599427031024.png (483 KB, 499x498)
483 KB
483 KB PNG
>>589841
I'd play it more if the main factions level cap was raised to 100 already
>>
It’s a boarding meta, you board or you lose
>>
>new adventure chapter
>sail to corner of map
>kill shark
>sail back to center
>repeat for all 4 corners
>no check points
>finishing adventure requires 5 people to play song and fight boss
>team work required in Sea of Retards
Just wasted 3 hours, not even trying again. Fuck this chapter
>>
File: 1638403885184.jpg (28 KB, 650x620)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>590332
just wait for someone else to get all 4 sharks next time
>>
>>590332
Yup. Just did the same, mate. Fucking pissed.
>>
File: Untitled.png (3.25 MB, 1920x1080)
3.25 MB
3.25 MB PNG
I love the idea I can possibly get fucked over by other players who don't want to do content.
>>
>>590424
That's the name of the game.
>>
File: 1641303821350.jpg (34 KB, 553x407)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>590424
Yeah if you didn't get it done day 1, you have a snowballs chance in hell
>>
>>590426
No, it's not. I can understand getting sunk, fine I accept that. It's a naval combat game. But making it so I would need 4 extra people to accomplish something is asinine when everything else in the game is soloable.
>>
File: 1650507404540.png (238 KB, 525x332)
238 KB
238 KB PNG
>>590435
You aren't entailed to beat to complete it
>>
>>590440
You're an absolute faggot, you know that? No one is mad. Annoyed, bummed I wasted time on this stupid shit. Honestly choke on a shot gun,
>>
>>590442
You sound awfully mad.
>>
Anyway.
>>
Anyone else bothered that by gold skeletons rust when exposed to water?
Not only because the game never explains that to you in any way, but it makes negative fucking sense because it's a well know fact that gold is a noble metal and doesn't rust.
>>
>>590460
Yeah we know, we just except it
>>
>>590460
Obviously that means they are made of fake gold.
>>
>>590461
illiterate
>>
>>590435
You clearly weren't around for the original Hungering Deep. It also required 5 people AND you had to carry the shanty from Merrick to the summoning spot. If for any reason the music stopped, you had to go back and get it again.
>>
>>590435
im laughing with my glitterbeard
>>
File: Fish.jpg (58 KB, 1080x614)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>590597
Gimme your alliance server discord info friend ;)
>>
>Randomly loaded into a galleon that was already fighting the shrouded
>Now have the figurehead
It's actually really easy, I don't know why you guys are complaining.
>>
>>590332
That was a tough boss fight. Also I was bugged to hell since that trip to the roar for that one meg. Everytime I entered water it responded to me as if it were boiling and I took damage until I splashed myself with normal water. So the entire fight was me constantly repairing, putting out fires, eating food and splashing myself with water every 20 seconds. And the fires just never seemed to be able to stay out when I bailed water on them. Made the fight a massive chore for me I was barely able to enjoy the fun in it. Why does this game always try to shit on me?

>>590434
I'll keep helping out despite the hassle I had the first time.

>>590424
>>590435
Keep trying. I managed to do it with an open crew!
>>
File: asd.png (2.33 MB, 1920x1080)
2.33 MB
2.33 MB PNG
>>590569
I was around. It was stupid then as well.
>>590597
Hard pass.
>>590656
I did eventually get it. I sailed over to FotD where a galleon was doing it and they needed it as well. Somehow I didn't get credit for summoning it even though there were only 5 of us.
>>
>>590206
Which is the biggest fucking problem with the game since infantry combat is a dogshit spamfest of who lags the least.
>>
>>590030
how do you not kill them
you can spam boarders all day and you have 4 cannons to fire chainshot out of
if you can't board and you can't aim then you all need to git gud asap
>>
>>590681
I think you either need to be in an alliance or shoot the meg at least once so the game counts you as attacking it. I was in an alliance so afaIk it counted for everyone.

>>590869
The Galleon is slow as fuck though, it's really easy for a small fast boat to get in a good position where you can't fire back. I mean fuck if you don't have the wind in your sails, a snail will move faster than you and turning is just as bad if you're trying to get a better angle to shoot, I've had a sloop stay in front of us while I tried to get him to our side, and when I turned the wheel opposite his sailing direction so he'd sail into our broadside where we can shoot him, he'd just literally turn around and go in the opposite direction always staying in front of us. There was nothing I could do. It doesn't help either that the first thing out of an attackers cannons are chainshots that never miss any of the galleon masts and once you're dead in the water in a gall you're fucked. You need to keep a good lookout if you're in a galleon cause a ship that gets the jump on you will make it impossible to recover from to fight back, plus your crew needs to be good and know what to do and when to do it. If even 1 crewman is shit and the attacker is gud, you're fucked.
>>
Redpill me on the Devil's Roar
is the extra gold worth putting up with all the bullshit?
>>
>>591070
Yes, you're also a lot less likely to get fucked with by other players.
>>
File: 1637461714731.png (79 KB, 250x250)
79 KB
79 KB PNG
>>591070
The Island kills skellies for you, so it's actually great for Order of Souls. Digging sucks though.
>>
>>591070
>Less likely to get killed by other players
>Easier to get away if you are being chased (pop a Shores of Gold checkpoint and sail north)
>Its danger conditions damage enemies too
>All the islands are closer together so less sailing around the map for voyages
If you aren't a pirate legend yet, go there to grind out voyages.
>>
File: 1468226906847.gif (1.74 MB, 540x306)
1.74 MB
1.74 MB GIF
>>590424
>got full galleon crew of the bois for the adventure
>find out you need 5
>screw it lets gather all effigies 1st
>just as we finish with the last megalodon we find solo slooper and recruit him for the last battle
>his boat sinks and he acts as a 5th member all the way and after the event
just get gud bro
>>
>>590908
If you're on a galleon you should always be sending 2 for boarding against sloops. If you kill even one of them you cripple them severely, and if you kill both then aim the cannon straight up and chainshot the sail to take down the mast.
The other two just try to keep the galleon close so that if their mast goes down you just blast them with all your cannons.
>>
fuck, who knew that fighting kraken on a galleon is a shitshow
especially when you only ever fought him on a sloop
especially when its night
especially when its in the middle of the storm
>cant see shit at ALL
>one got eaten
>second got fps problem
>third trying to bail water
>me trying to hit shit and getting eaten too
1st time getting sunken by constriction, i didnt even knew it was a one shot
>>
File: 461.png (855 KB, 1392x1563)
855 KB
855 KB PNG
>wake up
>decide to play sea of thieves
>yar har har
>solo sloop time
> too lazy to loot island so i just grab a handful of fire bombs and chainshot then leave
>throw up reapers emissary in case anyone wants to pvp
>see brig. It has a reapers figurehead and the crew are wearing the reapers outfit
>that means they want to pvp
>pepper the hull then drop one of their masts with a well placed chainshot
>suddenly coms "what are you doin? we din do nuthin! Fuk you faggot! Bruh fuck off!"
>My headset is not plugged in so I cannot tell them that I am also enjoying pvping with them
>they spin in circles and never get a shot off
>run out of cannon balls. Should have looted island
>Shoot myself over to them
>light their ship on fire, drop their anchor, and kill all of them
>"fuk you bruh you suck your trash"
>Want to let them also know that I had fun too so I go to type into chat
>Type "lmao"
>its censored
>get reapers 5 from all of their loot
>i hope they know I had fun and enjoyed their effort
How do I get my friends to play this game with me?
>>
>>591160
>on a galleon you should always be sending 2 for boarding
Sure that's great if you're all set and ready for the attack. But if you get caught by surprise like someone in your crew is taking a shit break while everyone else is busy doing the fort or something and a ship rolls up or if just for any reason a ship gets close enough to start doing damage, dropping masts, starting fires, while your ship is stopped somewhere, you'll need at least one person repairing and another bailing/firefighter, as well as at least 2 people repelling boarders, returning fire and getting the ship moving or set up to shoot back. In some cases a Galleon can't even shoot at a lower ship like the sloop because the cannons won't aim that low. It's not as easy as you try to make it sound. It's only easy when the sloop crew sucks or you're moving on the open waves.
>>
>>591227
>your crew is taking a shit break

You need a better crew that knows how to poop sock.
>>
File: 1638401335160.jpg (20 KB, 328x312)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>try and help a brig with a reapers mark at m12
>they fire at us
>go ahead and leave
>they follow
>have to sink them
I just wanted to fight the Showered Ghost again
>>
>>591292
It's only going to get worse from here.
>>
>>591220
Introduce them to the game bro
I've introduced 3 people to this game and we still get on to do galleon parties every time there's a new big update (like now)
>>
>>591125
I already go it, you illiterate retard.
>>
>>591227
>It's not as easy as you try to make it sound.
Yeah it is.
If you have a full galleon then you have eight eyes (depending on eyepatches) that can all take two seconds to check the horizon every so often. You can see ships up to about a three minute travel time away. It takes ten seconds to drop your sails on the galleon and start sailing it while saying "Hey there's a sloop heading straight for us guys. You should mermaid back."

There you go. A tip that takes zero skill to make you win more.
>>
>>591567
>be me
>Tucker already snuck onboard by rowboat I hid
>One victim sees me ship even though me crew ain't supposed to attack yet
>He takes off at full sail warning crew
>I already took their firebombs and light up their mid deck by the stairs and take some of their blunderbombs
>bomb the dumbass when he comes down to see the fires
>firebomb the rest of the ship while the rest of his crew wait about a minute or so to spawn in knowing that it takes longer when the ship is on fire and sailing fast
>I already ate all their food but still have their snake meat on me keeping me alive
>spawnkill them one at a time as they try to repair and bail water on the fire while I sail them into the rocks
>fellow crew catch up
>we sink them
>take their empty treasure chests
>they never stood a chance.
>>
>>591567
>be me on brig
>see an ez target
>galleon spots us and trys to escape
>can't get away faster than our brigan can sail
>har har idiots
>ram them, theres 3-4 big holes in their lower hull now
>2 crew board them I sail keeping close, repairs can wait it takes forever to sink this ship
>I see my crew anchored them
>spin around and raise sails
>they're almost sunk already ships on fire, good job mateys
>get in behind them
>get 5 shots off before they sink
>blunderbuss the one that didn't rage quit when he thought he could get on our ship
>another ez win
>>
File: 1638645229003.png (79 KB, 300x329)
79 KB
79 KB PNG
>watching a ship get sunk by the ashen boss
>>
>>591567
>brig crew here
>galleon thinks they can out sail us
>we spam them with mast breakers down they go
>get in closer as they stop
>crew try to board but fail, these guys might be good
>they finally get a mast up and fixed setting out with one sail
>holy hell they're slow
>circling around them I cannon shot their steering wheel now they can't steer for shit
>they still haven't hit us with anything
>their top deck is blazing, somehow spread fast
>I get a few cannonballs in them
>my crew respawns and hits them with our pvp balls and blundershot
>they sink
>they had no loot
>oh well it was fun
>>
>>591609
>>591612
>>591618
None of these happened.
>>
>sink someone
>they had no loot
oh well someone out there is sadder thanks to me and that's all that really matters
>>
>>591182
It used to be worse, the kraken used to be able to block the entrance to your lower deck which was pretty much an instant gg when it happened.
>>
>>591227
If you get caught by surprise in this game FOR ANY REASON it's unironically a skill issue and you need to git gud asap.
>>
>>591754
99% true, there are some tricky/dangerous ways to do it. Like one time we were selling at Plunder Outpost and a galleon approached from the exact opposite side. Normally you have to go wide enough we'd see them but they practically rammed the edge of the island and harpoon turned so we had about two seconds from seeing them to them practically ramming us and anchoring on top of us. We still won the fight but scared the piss out of us.
>>
File: 1622835909369.png (976 KB, 819x1024)
976 KB
976 KB PNG
>>591745
I try to watch out for how much supplies I use for PvP battles, most battles are a net loss even if you win.
>>
>>591878
Supplies are easy to get. Since you never know if your current fight will be your last, I use fucking everything on every fight.
>>
File: 1639692094976.jpg (76 KB, 1024x1024)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>591880
Most fights only take a couple of holes and a boarding. no reason to wast good shit on aggressive 3rd worlders with no loot
>>
>inna galleon
>another galleon sees us, makes a bee line for us
>we broadside each other, i hit them with an anchor ball and a ballast ball, they sink after we board them
>their last surviving crewman boards us, fails to drop our anchor, and calls us runners as he waits for no-one to revive him
Friendly reminder that unless you immediately anchor when fighting a crew that's worse than yours, you are a runner.
>>
File: 20220424230252_1.jpg (126 KB, 1600x900)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
>>
>>591675
Oh I assure you they did and many more tales of sinking can be told.
>>
>Decide to play for an hour or so while I cook dinner
>Open crew
>First guy joins
>Lights the ship on fire with every ball we have
>Quits
>Ship sinks IDGAF
>Respawn ship get sailing
>Next guy joins
>Does the exact same thing as other autist
>IDGAF steering a burning ship till it sinks
>Get going again 2 people join
>One guy lights the ship on fire and kills anyone with blunderbombs who tries to put it out
>IDGAF just sailing around
>He runs up and starts playing default song on accordion
>I anchor the burning ship at an island
>He follows me everywhere playing music
>Other guy puts fire out finally
>I find a chest of sorrow
>Glitch it into the mast
>Guy sets fire to the ship again
>I finally get upset
>ship sinks before anyone notices my prank
>fuck it quit
>>
>>592288
I guess you're the reason why its so easy to sink people in this game.
>>
>>592320
You don't even have to try to sink someones ship their own crew will do it for you if it's open.
>>
>see the tornado and decide to check out the new athena voyage, not even for the loot
>help the galleon finish it, kinda fun
>carefully approach, greet and congratulate them expecting at least a grateful "thanks, don't touch our loot and leave"
>get blasted as soon as i get in range, no questions, no communication

>help a brig take down a reaper chasing it
>it turns on me as soon the reaper is down
>no communication at all

>offer another sloop a temporary alliance to take down the galleon doing the fort
>sloop shoots me instead
>no communiaction, no alliance, no backstabbing or sharing loot

>the new adventure

I've only been solo slooping for a week and a half and all I've learned is that the community in this game is absolute hot garbage. Shoot on sight, no fun allowed.
Is this game really only mind numbing boring "hope no one sees you" PvE grind or mind numbing boring "fight retards and flee from half way decent coordinated crews" PvP if you're solo?
>>
>>592445
Over the past 3 days ive had a ton of great non combative player experiences but 80% of the time when another ship comes in its going to be a fight The best advice i can give is put up a white flag, cannons up and get on the megaphone and pray they arent imbeciles.
>>
>>592445
>all or nothing pvp where hours of work can be lost in moments
>why no one wants to act out my favorite youtube videos with me?
Fuck off were full, retarded zoomer.
>>
>>592519
Megaphone is the biggest thing, and I always tell anyone new to the game that "mics save lives". If you're talking I'm at least willing to listen to you, though I'm still keeping you at arms length in case I need to sink your ass.
>>
>>592288
The only people you're going to get through open crew are the retarded friendless xbox players. Idk why people are always surprised that opening your game to all the broke subhuman mexicans that own an xbox in 2022 ends up immediately backfiring.
>>
>>592537
This is the truth.
Half the time when I talk to someone we end up in an alliance. The other half they type "Hi" back.
Even the spergs who normally attack on sight are weak to someone saying Hello to them and treating them like an actual person.
>>
>>592445
Just stop solo slooping and play with pirates like myself.
>>
>>592604
Unironically this. I’m a trigger happy guy but if someone says hello to my autistic ass I have to say hi back
>>
>>592604
I've had a lot of fun interactions, even if we aren't "friendly"
>On our brig doing a FoF, another brig rolls up to fight
>Good back and forth for about half an hour, no one really getting the upper hand
>Enemy guy asks for a parlay on the Fort, I agree to go over
>He proposes an alliance since we're both nearly out of supplies, I tell him we'll accept if they leave to let us do it in peace
>Hi disagrees since there's no guarantee we don't leave the alliance. Tell him it's that or nothing
>"Ok, let's sail towards that rock and fight it out, no resupplying"
>Agree
>End up sinking them by ramming and fire
>They give a GG and quit

Love getting a good fight and people who are good sports.
>>
File: Iron Mange.png (36 KB, 288x169)
36 KB
36 KB PNG
>>592604
It's really crazy. Like I've had it where niggas start to attack at the outpost for my loot, but just because I'm chill about it and say hi before offering to split it, they often take nothing and just ask for the "drink at the same outpost" commendation. I get hunted by a Grade 5 Reaper sloop, I just pop a flare and say hello, and a minute later I'm leaving after having traded a captain's chest for a chest of rage they didn't want to have to deal with. People seriously just treat each other like skeleton ships until you speak up, and then everything changes

The only part I don't like is that, half the time you're the one to initiate or otherwise do parley, they start saying shit like
>dude you're being so wholesome
and it's so patronizing that I can't stand it
>>
>>590442
>>590435

yeah and that's why nobody wants to join your crew you salty fuck
>>
>>590460
they are made of fool's gold which does indeed rust
also explains why they don't drop anything, if they were actual gold their limbs and other bits would be worth a bunch of money
>>
>>592288
open crews are for the absolute bottom of the barrel of humanity lol
the only thing they are good for is testing micspam cos you can hear all their reactions
>>
File: 20220426191559_1.jpg (170 KB, 1600x900)
170 KB
170 KB JPG
my friend hung himself in our ship because all emissaries we sunk were lvl 1 and put up no fight at all while they sunk
>>
>Developing is hard. This was maybe my answer to Rare, whom, as much as I admire, I do quibble with. Sea of Thieves has a very simple philosophy: that if the captain is a good player, the ship will prosper. We look at real piracy and it’s not that simple. Rare can say that the Pirate Lord became king of the seas and sunk a hundred ships, and he was large and wise. But Rare doesn’t ask the question: What is the Pirate Lord’s tax policy? Did he maintain a standing fleet? What did he do in times of lag and server takeovers? And what about all these phantoms? By the end of Season Five, Flameheart is gone but all of the ghost ships aren’t gone – they are spread out across the map. Did the Pirate Lord pursue a policy of systematic genocide and kill them? Even the little phantoms without ships, in their little sea forts?
>>
>>592945
>What is the Pirate Lord’s tax policy?
a flat 100% tax on any and all loot, duh
>>
>>592930
>It's over
>>
File: fuckable and suckable.png (107 KB, 295x317)
107 KB
107 KB PNG
>get called a slutty bastard after boarding a ship
>>
>>593025
Stay on your own ship, slut.
>>
>>593025
post pirate
>>
>>592445
1. I don't trust solo sloops. Been fucked over too many times by them. If we pass by and you don't shoot at me, fine. Don't be surprised if someone on my crew lays in on you. Judging by my luck at finding good crew, they probably won't hit you.
2. Brigands and almost always trying to sink you and don't want to ally. I try to avoid them, but if they get close I shoot on sight, unless you say you want an alliance. Even then if I see any of your crew near your cannons...
3. Galleons are easy to sink, just watch out for boarders. It's been the theme that shooting up firecrackers means we're not after you, so far.

The good experiences are what makes this game worth playing, unfortunately, because of trolls and asshole griefers and most kids, you won't have very many of those experiences. Especially in an open crew. But when you do get a good crew, they're fuckin pros.
>>
>>593073
>1. I don't trust solo sloops.
9/10 solo sloopers will ally if you say hello to them.
1/3 of that group will betray you for no reason, so I agree.

>2. Brigands and almost always trying to sink you and don't want to ally
Brigs are always PvPers first. Always.

>3. Galleons are easy to sink
Most galleon crews are ideal for goofing around with. I've only been completely trashed by a galleon once, but I've had a lot of fun experiences with galleon crews.
>>
File: 1400276466993.gif (67 KB, 300x136)
67 KB
67 KB GIF
Getting one shot by a cannon is the most infuriating thing as a solo slooper
>>
how find frens to plays with?
>>
>>593166
Yeah that or repeated blasts of sleeping balls while you're trying to repair.

>>593185
I find when I friend people in this game they never invite me and rarely accep my invites if they are ever online.
>>
>>593206
We sunk a sloop this last weekend after we hit them with six sleep balls in a row, didn't even have to board. He didn't speak but that man must have been pissed.
>>
File: file.png (50 KB, 1227x289)
50 KB
50 KB PNG
A good start so far.
>>
>>593206
>they never invite me and rarely accep my invites if they are ever online
Do you send them cold invites or do you go "Hey you got space in your crew?"
>>
File: 1610441346377.jpg (19 KB, 346x360)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>593274
Great taking off is going to take longer now
>>
>>593324
Well no, because all of these customizations are saved to your Captaincy Ship, so taking off will take even less time because these and your normal cosmetics are instantly ready to go.
>>
>>593324
>Use no cosmetics
>only pvp
>let all loot sink
It will be all the same to me
>>
>>593556
No you don't.
>>
>>593321
>"Hey you got space in your crew?"
Yeah or I say "Hey just finished a fof and got room for 1"or "wanna do some athena runs?"

I think most of them were pc players so they probably moved on to the next multiplayer popular game.
>>
>>593073
>>593089

Galleons are either a bunch of open crew retards that will die to one firebomb or the biggest PvP gods that will rape literally any smaller ship without even blinking.

Never anything inbetween.
>>
>>593837
Just don't broadside a galleon's broadside without the proper balls.
>>
File: Anchor Defense.png (1.91 MB, 1920x1080)
1.91 MB
1.91 MB PNG
>>591567
Another 0 skill tip is covering your anchor with supply crates/loot. It has saved me many times against boarders while solo slooping.
>>
File: India.jpg (50 KB, 585x555)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
Hope you lads grinded the new voyage a shit ton, nerfs are a'coming for it
>>
>>593884
As much as I could stand at least
>>
>>593850
doesn't work as well as you think it does
>>
>>593884
I tried but fucking NOBODY wanted to do them
>>
File: unknown (2).png (2.78 MB, 1920x1080)
2.78 MB
2.78 MB PNG
>>593926
Who is nobody?
>>
>>593945
The crews I join into
>>
>>593884
All they did was lower the emissary rank gain speed for larger crews. Changes almost nothing and is still the best way to gain Athena rep.
>>
>>593925
I have seen it work very many times
>>
>>593850
>>594076
It's not perfect, but if it slows them even by half a second that's often enough to stop them from dropping it. Of course there are downsides

>fighting sweaty brig crew doing that, have like 30 things stacked on it
>hit them with an anchorball
>They sink because they could never get their anchor back up and we just pounded them
>>
File: 1647279775722.png (46 KB, 179x179)
46 KB
46 KB PNG
Just downloaded and started playing and proceed to get in immediate naval combat trying to do my first voyage
>Two guys yelling at me
>One launches himself from his canonball to my fucking ship
>manage to dock at a port and run away before they can kill me
>One guy says "oh shit sorry bro looks like you're new, here we repaired your ship and will leave you alone enjoy the game have a good evening"
T-thanks...
>>
getting kinda tired of solo, should i just bite the bullet and try to find somebody from here to team up with?
I have heard many horror stories about playing vidya with anons. people won't try to ERP with me or send me unsolicited schizo rants, right? right?
>>
>>594394
In my experience most of the more experienced players won't mess with completely new players or people who are just doing Tall Tales. Also use your mic and let them know you've got nothing and a lot of people will move on.
>>
File: 20220425175910_1.jpg (214 KB, 1600x900)
214 KB
214 KB JPG
>>594401
Yeah. I mostly play weekends.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/gonzod/
>>
>>594402
Many just harvest them for supplies then leave them alone
>>
File: Interior.jpg (934 KB, 3713x1935)
934 KB
934 KB JPG
New ship interior customizations.
>>
File: file.png (51 KB, 1284x295)
51 KB
51 KB PNG
>Ship Announcements – Announce your arrival with style with these slimline cinematic banners that appear at the top of the screen accompanied by fanfare music. They will play when you or your crew approach your ship for the first time in a session, or for others when your ship is spotted through a spyglass!

Alright, now we're fucking talking.
>>
>>594401
It's not always bad. Most times the griefers do their damage and fuck off if no one has the brains to brig them right away. Whenever new shit comes out thats when the players who like this game come out and play so you'll be more likely to get on a good crew. Pick brigand if you want to hunt down and pvp other players, galleon if you want to do big voyages. Remember you can always quit and reload a new game/crew if you get losers right off the bat. Most times I have to reload 2-3 times before I find some players that are ready to quickly get something started and be off. Sometimes I get real lucky and spawn in with some pirates in the middle of some good shit.
>>
>>594544
I'm not seeing harpoon guns, we still can't make them match the cannons or hull themes? None of what you're showing us there is important to me at all.
>>
>>594551
I wonder how many ships you'll see sailing around called the "HMS We Have No Loot/We're Doing Tall Tales" because of this
>>
>>594401
9/10 crews from the offical discord are fine. Friendslist a few of the good ones and you'll be fine
>>
>>594699
>to me
And who the fuck are you?
>>
>>594708
he's The Dude
>>
File: the dude.gif (845 KB, 203x288)
845 KB
845 KB GIF
>>594709
>>
Are servers more populated on weekends or something? Just started playing a few days ago and have only come across maybe 3 or so ships but then again im just in the wilds section of the map just doing voyages
>>
>>594979
Servers are auto balanced to always have (currently) five ships made up of 16 players. It's a good size map so if you're just one of the four major parts it's not surprising you aren't running into a whole lot of people.
>>
>>594017
>All they did was lower the emissary rank gain speed for larger crews. Changes almost nothing and is still the best way to gain Athena rep.
elaborate? what does this mean and why for larger crews?
>>
>>595084
Ships are supposed to gain emissary ranks at the same speed regardless of ship or crew size. For some reason larger crews were gaining emissary rank at a faster rate than smaller ones, which allowed them to sell earlier and get access to more grade V emissary voyages.

So it was a glitch of sort that was fixed.
>>
>>595087
Thank you friend.
>>
>Solo slooping, just turning in effigies for the adventure
>Reaper galleon happens to be doing FotD right by the Killer Whale
>Decide to fuck with them
>Chainshots to all masts, anchorball, launch tons of fire
>spend the next five minutes just pelting them, all they can do is keep up with repairs
>Run out of cannonballs, ram them, board
>We both sink
I'm gonna mark that as a win in my book
>>
>>594979
Sometimes there might only be you and some other player out there. I find there's a lot of ships that pop up on an outpost but then vanish, that's players trying to join into a voyage already in progress but finding themselves having to start from scratch so they quit to retry or drop off due to server connection issues. Then it's a while before the server repopulates with a new ship or 2 since it doesn't know if a drop off is going to rejoin, they usually don't but their ship is kept open for several minutes. So 2 solo sloopers will be avoiding each other while 2-3 ships pop in and out of their server.
>>
File: file.png (47 KB, 1641x351)
47 KB
47 KB PNG
Ok, so what the fuck does this mean?
>>
>>586849
>started playing a few months ago
>sailing along, dont really know any better
>suddenly enrique and pals appear out of nowhere in a galleon, screaming at me in pinestraw raker speak
>start blasting them as much as i can in my solo sloop
>lots of misses between each ship
>still only about my 2nd or 3rd day playing, and never been in combat vs moving targets with my cannons
>sit there for 10 minutes going back and forth with the enemy ship
>they get really really close to knocking me out multiple times
>they keep firing crew members at my ship in attempts to board
>most shots are quite close, and at one point 2 manage to land on my ship
>fight for my life, manage to fend both off as one pulls my anchor. barely any health left
>immediately get my ship going
>at one point, they finally stop shooting at me
>guessing they ran out of ammo
>use the last bit of my ammo to shoot their ship
>sail a little closer, see their entire crew cycling bailing buckets as fast as possible
>their ship sinks within the next 2-3 minutes
>start wondering just what in the world they were up to anyway
>stop playing about 1.5-2 months later because the content starts feeling really redundant, and i dont have friends to play with
it was fun while it lasted. i think the game is great, but theres only so many "go fetch treasure," "kill generic skeleton / skeleton captain," or "deliver a bunch of cargo" missions that i can do
>>
>>596282
So don't do those quests, keep sailing to have memorable fights like that one.
>>
>>596284
brother, i dont know of anything to do solo besides those quests. most things besides those seem to really require a crew of more than one. its entirely possible theres some content im not aware of.
on another note, whats with so many people in this game being hellbent on fucking other people over? for example, i have people chase me around the map for 40+ minutes, even from one corner of it to the other and across multiple spawns, just to fuck with me. they gain nothing from it really that im aware of. there have also been times when i decided to be kind and help people who were in really bad spots (like one time when a crew was getting attacked by the ghost ships), and these fuckers decided to fire full broadside at me after i bought them a moment to breathe, and made it very clear that i did not have hostile intent.
>>
>>596286
A long time ago, I was in The Ancient Isles and my friends and I were working for the local gold hoarders. They were trying to buy the loyalty of the local Reapers by bribing them with precious mermaid gems. But their ships were being raided in the sea north of Daggertooth Outpost by a pirate. So, we went looking for the gems. But in six months, we never met anybody who traded with him. One day, I saw a swabbie playing with a ruby the size of a tangerine. The pirate had been throwing them away.
>So why steal them?
Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like gold. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the seas burn.
>>
>>596289
as much as i want to pick the game back up, i just feel like im very limited by being a solo player. sure theres plenty of things i CAN go do, but there's always a prick out to ruin it with his 2-4 man crew while im a solo man who cant always have someone on or near the ship.
the main reason i bought the game in the first place is because a friend said he was going to play it with me, then i couldnt get him to play with me after the first day despite how much fun we both had fucking around.
>>
>>596296
Your problem is that you view everyone who wants to fight you as a "prick out to ruin it for you", when really they're just playing the game the way it's designed as well.

If you want to keep solo playing, you might need to learn to accept that you'll lose fights and that's just part of the game.
>>
>>596299
i completely accept that i am going to lose certain fights, its just that most people dont ever show up unless its the worst possible time (for example, if i am diving into the sea to find loot, they dont appearing at all until im deep into the ocean)
a lot of it may be coincidence or the very unlikely scenario of them planning it out after observing me, but im just basing it off of my experience.
>>
>>595882
I haven't seen a fleet in weeks. Except the new meg hunt adventure.
>>
>>596296
Just open up your crew and see if you get any good players join you. Since you like the sloop you should be prepared to quit and retry if you get a tardball who just wants to grief you. The worst part would be having a player join you, play along and help you get your rep and gold up just to sabotage the voyage right before you turn in ruining hours of playing and robbing you of your reason for playing. It's very discouraging when this happens. I recommend you play with open crews on a galleon and see if you can find good players you can befriend there. But be warned, you might not be turning in much loot and unless you get lucky or play often, you won't be getting special events done either. Galleon open crews attract people with low intelligence AND expert players but you don't know what you'll get right away. Test their skills before you lay down a guilded voyage.
>>
>>595882
Isn't Flameheart inside his son's body or something
>>
>>593925
It only has to slow them down for 1 second to make all the difference.
9 times out of 10 anchor drops are just people bunnyhopping straight for the anchor and getting killed instantly after they have to stop.
>>
>>596432
Flameheart's son is the Servant of Flame, who has been taking orders from Flameheart.
>>
>>596427
>he worst part would be having a player join you, play along and help you get your rep and gold up just to sabotage the voyage right before you turn in ruining hours of playing and robbing you of your reason for playing. It's very discouraging when this happens.

It's weird how people always post about stuff like this, yet in my hundreds of hours of open crew I've had this happen maybe twice. Why do people act like it's some common thing?
>>
>>596427
its not that i like the sloop, its that im one man, meaning i cant really man any ship above the sloop. sure i could technically run the middle ship, but theres no way in hell i could run it effectively.
>>
>>596507
Why did you ignore everything he said?
>>
>>596498
Yeah but I remember hearing a thing about Flameheart being inside his son's body. Not like having taken it over, but like, storage. Somebody said it (not in-game) after the fort trailer or whatever
>>
>>596508
i specifically answered the part about how he said i liked slooping. i read the rest, but chose to answer this part specifically.
>>
>>596510
Right, you ignored all of the actual good advice and focused on the three words you wanted to hear. But feel free to keep your head in the sand.
>>
>>596511
i have to be in the mood to play with randoms to try the rest of it
>>
>>596513
You could quit crying and play with us.
>>
File: 1642264687101.png (713 KB, 769x767)
713 KB
713 KB PNG
So a friend of mine who normally helmed wants off and to get on cannons, no one else wants to helm so I've decided I'll take the job.
The problem is, I'm pretty shite at it. Sailing the ocean is fine. I'm not crashing into islands or rocks, but in combat, I'm just not sure what to do with a galleon. I can't maneuver her. One friend is always boarding, so I've got at best two people on cannons if they aren't repairing the ship, and most smaller ships seem to be able to evade me endlessly.
How do you do it, Galleon Bros?
https://youtu.be/_DP4hhARxKI
>>
>>596715
Maintaining the correct battle speed is probably the hardest part, so one of your cannoners has to also be your sail guy. You can mostly manage speed and movement on your own with the rear sail but one of your guys has to be ready to raise/lower/fix the mid when asked.
>>
>>592445
>sailing with a mate inna sloop
>huntan krakan so just sailing about doing whatever while we wait for the hentai
>sloop beelines for us
>whatever let's have some fun
>enemy sloop is filled with swedes open mic reporting everything they're doing
>they have no clue what they're doing and quickly sink to a few holes
>confused/angry swedish intensifies

>lator
>spot the same sloop
>see if they wanna fight again and sail towards them
>they run away and sink soon after
>questionmarkdog01.jpg
>fish up a Chest of Sorrow from the wreck
>2+2=5
>decide to return their loot should we run into them again (minus the chest of sorrow)

>manage to find them digging for treasure on an island
>go ashore with their loot
>they try and shoot us
>run around trying not to die while holding out gifts and ashen keys
>excited swedish everytime they land a hit
>they run out of ammo and actually decides to read the chat
>hostilities cease and diplomacy begins
>have a pleasant pirate party on board their ship
>teach them how to use the radial-menu and how to turn off their open-mic
>depart for the stupid kraken again
They're rare and far between, but positive player/stranger interaction is great when it finally occurs.
Sadly most people are incredibly guarded, and for good reason.
>>
>>593206
>I find when I friend people in this game they never invite me and rarely accep my invites if they are ever online.
microsoft bullshit means I don't know how to do anything.
Wish steam worked.
>>
>>593185
>>596836

>>594404
>>
>>594420
I don't see the point in doing that anymore, especially since phantom forts exist.
>>
>>596715
The biggest tip I can give you is, avoid ship to ship combat in the galleon. It fucking sucks. The gall isn't a good ship for that at all, it sinks fast, you take forever to load in after you die and I mean you'll still be blackscreened while you listen to your ship getting wrecked only to spawn in to the *dong* sinking ship sound. If you have to get into combat, try to keep a side to the enemy so your crew can shoot back. If you're the wheelman, you're the repair guy too, so pay attention to what's in front of you and where you'll be sailing because you may be away from the wheel below decks fixing holes and bailing. Make sure your crew knows that if you're asking for help they need to drop everything and bail and don't abuse that, if the waters over your head, you need help. You'll also probably be the one working the sails, angling and raising, raise your front and put your mid to half, and do the work on the side of the ship thats not being shot at, if you die your ship is done for. You'll also have to listen and watch for boarders, you can hear the difference in cannonshot of a ball and a player, and listen for the splash, jump down with your blunderbuss ready and aim right at the top of the stairs, as soon as they start to stand up, shoot. You won't be able to shoot them off the ladder and blunderballs only knock you and your crew off the ship. So be patient and be prepared for the people who exploit the bouncing boarding glitch, not much you can do about that tho. There's so much advice I could give you but most of it you have to learn by experience. Don't sail toward the rear of ships, always the front to cut them off and put them in your broadside. This is hard to do cause the gall is slow to turn especially with sails down, in fact in the wind you won't be able to turn at all. Never drop anchor unless everyone is prepared to raise it quick, eg; anchor turn. Keep balls on the top deck so you don't have to lose sight of the battle.
>>
>>595882
Simple, they're just adding the flameheart event back in, just without a flameheart skull up in the sky yelling at you. Probably story related if I had to guess.
>>
How easy is it to play Tall Tales solo?
I was gonna do it with a friend but he's doesn't play much anymore
>>
>>596715
sounds like you need better crew coordination, everybody needs to work together to angle and trim the sails to keep a galleon on target otherwise you'll keep circling out past them and missing your shot

>>597107
helmsman should only do the rear sail, if you have to do all 3 of them then your crew is garbage
also helmsman should probably have an eye of reach or pistol so you can support the rest of your crew against people that run straight for your anchor (and shoot them off the ladders since you can see them from the back stairs)
>>
>>597211
>sounds like you need better crew coordination, everybody needs to work together to angle and trim the sails to keep a galleon on target otherwise you'll keep circling out past them and missing your shot
In all honesty, I think that is why the former helmsman gave up on the job; he got tired of arguing with the guy who likes to board over sails in fights, but we do end up circling out and missing shots a lot of the time; people just tend to tunnel vision hard in fights.
Maybe instead of taking the job, I should let the boarder be forced to do it. He often complains that we need someone better at the helm on the job, but I'm starting to think the helmsman should quit too, so he'd see what's going on behind the wheel first hand and maybe be less of a freebooter and more of a team player.
>>
>>597196
Quite easy now that they have checkpoints at each major step of the way.
>>
>>597222
checked
>He often complains that we need someone better at the helm on the job
>while being a filthy boarderfag
The worst type of players.
So often I see "friends" just going for a board while the mast is broken, ship is 90% full of water and holes everywhere. But no, this isn't the time to fix the damage, it's time to BOOOOOOOOOARD.
>later on they ask why we couldn't "get away from them"
Because the fucking mast was wrecked you retard. Fuck I hate these people.
>>
>>597270
Just ask them why they didn't kill the entire crew and sink the enemy when they boarded. Oh it's hard to do everything by yourself when shit is hitting the fan? Join the club.
>>
>>597211
>shoot them off the ladders
You can't shoot people off a ladder. Or at least everytime I tried they just climbed right up and killed me while I reloaded. I even shoot them straight down through the top of the head. Can't blunderbuss them off from the plank either. Am I missing some trick?
>>
>>597896
You should be double gunning in PVP, so double tap anyone on your ladders
>>
>>597896
Only blunderbuss will actually knock them off. But at least putting one shot on them will force them to either drop or go up at low health.
>>
>>597896
Do the old jump, slash, and grab with the sword if you don't want to double gun.
>>
>>598010
I've never been able to blunderbuss them off the ladder and I've tried hundreds of times from many angles.

I thought of this the other day but I didn't get a chance to try it. What if you started going down a ladder when an enemy was coming up, would they be stopped since they can't move through you?
>>
>>598424
There's a minimum distance you have to be within for the knock back to work, and it's relatively short. Also pretty sure you can move through people while on the ladder.
>>
Am I missing something with sailspeed?
Just had some autists chase me around while I was doing a tall tale - sloop vs sloop.
Wasn't able to catch the wind, so just had the sail in "neutral" - noticed they trying to catch the wind but was unsuccessful.
Yet they were able to gain on me and even take potshots.

I thought you only got the speedboost if you actually catch the wind.
Or should you always attempt to have the sail as "close" as possible to the wind?
>>
>>598428
>that whole everything
Apologies for bad grammar, too much grog and the chicken was undercooked.
>>
>>598428
You do get a speed boost even if not full billow, and there's a tipping point where you want them into the wind if you're close. You also actually can go faster by tacking (zig zag path to catch wind) but it's tough and requires a lot of sail management.
>>
>>598432
Is there some indepth guide on this?
>>
>>598428
If you can't catch the wind, point your sail into the wind.
>>
>>598428
In a sloop just put the sail in the default flat facing front position and sail into the wind, get on the wheel and maintain that as much as possible. If your chaser is also a sloop, you have to hope they are not doing the same thing. Eventually you'll get ahead and usually they give up.

I actually did this in a sloop the other day. I came out from inside thieves haven after finishing a thieves run and a sloop was right in front of me, took down my mast and boarded me while I raised and repaired it. Luckily they were dumb and I killed him while he was reloading and his partner dropped their anchor to shoot at me so I managed to get away into the wind. They ended up giving up when they couldn't catch me. So it works.

If I'm chasing a sloop and they maintain that into the wind and gain ground I let them go unless they are heading off the map and will have to turn around which would give me the advantage. So just watch where you're sailing and try to use your maneuverability to escape around islands especially the shallow reef ones.
>>
>>591182
>>591751
When/if the Kraken plops a tentacle onto your ship how do you get it to let go?
You don't get any hitmarkers from wailing on it with your saber so I'm wondering if it's actually doing anything. Trident of the Deep didn't seem to do much either.
>>
>>598874
Attacking the one around your ship doesn't do anything. It will spawn a tentacle close to your ship on either side you need to blap to make it let go.
>>
>>598882
Well that's unintuitive what the fuck.
>>
>>597222
honestly the trick we use is to trim all sails to 50% and turn them straight just before you get into the actual fight, that's usually good enough for just circling around and shooting
your crew still needs to be ready to man the sails quickly though in case the enemy starts running or you need to slow down more to turn

>>597896
>You can't shoot people off a ladder
true but you can drop them to low health and call boarder, that way your crew can finish them off quickly when they get up the ladder
if you practice a bit you can also knock them off with a blunderbomb

>>598424
you can but you need to hit them with at least 90% of the shot, so it usually only works if they are right at the top of the ladder and you get them in the face
>>
Double gunning shouldn't exist, and no, it doesn't take skill
>>
>>599287
aiming twice takes more skill then left click spamming
>>
which season was the worst for you guys
>>
>>599913
I think most people will agree season five was the worst. Burying treasures ended up being worthless and nothing else really came of it.
>>
>>599919
Agreed. It was so fucking stupid that when you made a map that it stayed on that server only and didn't go into a giant pool of them. So anyone who actually grabbed a map off the board ended up doing some random fake one with dogshit loot.
>>
>>600035
I buried a treasure on the Shores of gold and got a nice handy mobile map. Useful for your first time there.
Other than that, I don't even see other players buried treasures on the board anymore. I buried 5 chests on an island and put the map up and I didn't get any loot from it. Meaning either no one bothered to dig it up, or RARE lied when they said you get 50% of the value back when the map expires, or RARE lied when they said the map migrates to a new server in the event of a server merge, or the whole thing is bugged and trash and not worth bothering with.
>>
>>599919
5 was dogshit, and was it 3 with the sunken shrines and shit? Novel but the loot from them was crap. Some decent cosmetics tho from the season level thing
>>
File: file.png (30 KB, 1408x418)
30 KB
30 KB PNG
How to truly beat someone in Sea of Thieves.
>>
>>600124
You only get reputation and renown from buried stuff, no gold.
>>
>>600234
based. I'l do this but you need to record them right?
>>
>>600321
Yes, without video or a screenshot (if they are typing it) it is highly unlikely that they will get a ban. On PC through the Game Bar I have it set to always record and keep the last 30 seconds, so I can always just hit record right after something happens to save it.
>>
File: 1570118055867.jpg (52 KB, 808x592)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>Insider Server is testing stuff for the next small May update
>Larinna is gone
>>
>>600234
What'd they do?
>>
>>600902
Said the Pewdiepie bridge word
>>
Why are they insisting on making it Sea of Friends?
>>
File: 1641658994501.png (598 KB, 895x877)
598 KB
598 KB PNG
>>601032
Broader appeal. Little Jimmy gets sunk and loses his two seafarers and stops playing and doesn't spend money from daddy's credit card on cosmetics
>>
>>601024
I've been micspamming that for years with no ban
and no i'm not going to stop
>>
>>601040
As mentioned above, it has to be recorded for the ban to stick, and 99% of players don't record shit.
>>
>>601032
Larger variety of player interaction. There was no real difference between seeing another player and seeing a skeleton ship, so it can start to get pretty boring and, at worst, start to question if the multiplayer sandbox element actually only exists because Rare is incompetent at designing enemy AI. You put in more avenues for players to interact with each other, and it also leads to a lot more avenues for players to fuck with each other.

There's nothing keeping you from being as aggressive as always. If anything, it's making it easier for people to engage in PvP, since people are more likely to be more lax and let other get the drop on them now.
>>
>>601268
I appreciate that even when Rare wants people to cooperate like in the Shrouded Deep there's still nothing forcing people to. I've done it where everyone cooperated and had fun and I've done it where as soon as it starts everyone turned on each other. That unknown of how people will react keeps things interesting.
>>
>>601274
It's literally just prisoner's dilemma, quite possibly the must boring and predictable game ever conceived
>>
File: fatfuck.png (1.02 MB, 663x822)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB PNG
who else here /large/
>>
>>601032
Because it's way more fun, you spastic.
Having to deal with
>OoooOOOOoooh I PWOMISE I won't betway you!
mouthbreathers gets so fucking old ten seconds in.

I'm sorry you never grew out of your TF2 Friendly Heavy phase where you insist on playing counter to what you're "supposed" to do, but for those of us with functional frontal lobes it gets tiring as fuck dealing with weirdos.
>>
im about to start pirating again trying to git gud and make some money before captaincy
still trying to think up a look for a "kegs always on board" playstyle
>>
>>601637
My pirate skipped leg day
>>
>>601637
If they could just make the belts not look like shit, I'd love playing my tub o' lard all the more
>>
>tfw the 4chan sea of thieves discord is dead
damn Im about to start streaming this game again kinda wack no one plays anymore
>>
>finish doing tall tales
>just chillin' on outpost browsing cosmetics
>brig comes beelining for my slooper
>frog-accent "weeer freendleee"
>while one of them failed his jump onto my ship with a gunpowder barrel and is doing the climb-of-shame in clear view
It's more insulting that they think this would've worked on anyone not about to quit anyways.
>>
>>602083
KEK
I hate the french in this game, even more than I hate russians (or eastern europe, can't tell, they talk the same). I attack them on principle, even if they act friendly.
>>
Oh shit there's finally a Sea of Thieves gen? Neat!
>>
>>602226
India cunts are just as bad but tend to team grief more than anything.
>>601892
That's cause there's nothing going on right now, most pirates are done the meg event so now it's just wail till more content gets dropped. Some new pirates out there and some cleaning up their achievements but yeah not much going on.
>>
File: 321213213321.png (624 KB, 553x653)
624 KB
624 KB PNG
>>587831
>>
>>602503
How the fuck are you supposed to do the meg-event?
First you have to spend a load of time getting all 4, then you have to find a random retard to help summon it.
>>
>>602645
It's not that hard actually, I even think they nerfed the megs to make them less of a hassle, like 10 cannonballs and they're dead. All you have to do is wait by the Killer Whale wreck and someone will pass by and do it with you. Get a galleon crew if you can that way a sloop is all you'd need. Times running out though, most people are done it and its going to get harder to find anyone to help if most people have done it already more than once.
>>
>belles hat is the best hat theyve ever put in the game
>limited time item
im glad I made it this time but fucking hell I hate how they do this stupid shit
they should take a page out of halo infinites book and let you purchase old battle passes for access to the previous passes grind
yes im still salty about the fucking curse
>>
>>602736
I'm good with it because almost every time limited thing was super easy to do. If you can't find an hour or two in the two weeks it's up then that's on you.
>>
>>602775
FOMO is generally always bad. The critique is not whethever it's hard or difficult to acquire.
More that you have to sit there and keep an eye on the game constantly.
>>
Holy fuck you stupid squid. Show yourself so I can get the fucking title.
>>
>>603152
It shows up after a world event has finished, so you need to keep an eye on that and make sure you're out in open water during that time.
>>
>>603152
>>603169
It also pays to have lots of treasure on your ship.
>>
>>603272
This is theorized but hasn't been proven.
>>
Are they finally letting us change ship types mid session now???? Seriously im getting so fucking sick of how adding or dropping a member of the crew because they run out of steam or forgot they wanted to play means the whole fucking session dies because of it.
>>
>>603272
treasure doesn't affect kraken spawns, heck i've been krackened a lot more on near empty ships than i have on loot filled ones
>>
File: 1233.jpg (441 KB, 1896x1080)
441 KB
441 KB JPG
new players are so fun
>>
>>603386
So far no, they have not said this is being added. And there are solid reasons why they can't do it at the moment, mostly due to player count restrictions.
>>
>able to hit shots on calciumlads no problem
>able to destroy spookyboys no problem
>megalodons fear me
>krakens hide from me
>can't hit a single shot when shooting at a player
What makes it so much more difficult and how do I stop being bad?
>>
>>603526
If you're talking ship combat, it's probably just nerves because the aiming is exactly the same. If you're talking close quarters with players, timing and knowing when to push/back off is important. Like knowing if you hear the other guy's blunder fire that's your chance to push since he's not going to one shot you.
>>
Why do I see so often Reapers just chillin' at Traitor's Fortress? There's no event "in the sky" or anything.
>>
>can hear chickens squawking and waves rolling on the shoreline
>but it's still a black screen with a loading-icon
Is this a bug? It was stuck for atleast 3 minutes - I alt-f4'd before it could finish - if it was ever going to.
>>
>>603749
It's a known but relatively uncommon bug where your boat has respawned (hence chicken noises) but you can't load in for some reason.
>>
>>603754
Well that's real upsetting.
I've been chasing for a kraken all day. Going around clearing events solo.
Had to clear that swirling-tornado guy, what's-his-face guardian Cho/Chi? - Either way it's a complete drag solo and sure enough a reaper swung buy to sink my poor slooper and barely managed it before I could make it aboard.
But now with the crash I have to start over "taming" the world.
I'm a little frustrated.
>>
>>603738
It's the "secret" reaper hide out. We meet there to share our running away tactics. Shhht... don't tell anyone.
>>
at this point im gonna need to join some fucking content creator discord or something cause my boy rages the moment we get sunk
>>
File: 1311024659388.gif (1.99 MB, 295x216)
1.99 MB
1.99 MB GIF
>Sail out in white sails with no custom stuff
>Come across a emissary 4 sloop doing a fort
>Try to show I'm friendly, send a white flare
>They blast me, sink my ship
>I go on the fort and hide, and when they sail by I chain them and cannon them from the island
>Die before I can see if they sink but assume they do
>Sail back over there to see if they sunk
>Another pristine white-sailed sloop is sailing away and they're chasing it, but they're only level 1 now
>Sure enough, all their shit is in a rowboat
>Grab it and sail off

Whoever that other white-sailed sloop was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.
>>
>>604226
HA awesome
>>
So do you fags actually play together? Is there a group somewhere?
Also any way to play together with other groups on the same server or are you at the mercy of RNGjesus?
>>
>>604445
Other than luck, the only "consistent" way to get two or more boats on the same server is to convince some random person to invite you to their crew and have them quit.
>>
>>604446
not him but once we get to name our ships and spyglassing other vessels drops a title card with the name, I assume it'll be just a little bit easier.
>>
>>604536
Why would it be easier? You still can't choose your server or anything.
>>
>finally find a kraken
>it picks me up and dunks me in water until I die
>sinks the ship before I can respawn
wowowowow
>>
>>604536
No it won't. That would require you to meet each other's ships first. If you gotta meet someone first, then asking for takeover will still be way quicker. If your buddies are just trying to hop servers until you're in the same one, then it's much quicker to call out your island, raise the Reaper's Mark, and then hop if you don't show up.
>>
File: file.png (159 KB, 1271x723)
159 KB
159 KB PNG
Alright guys, are we saving Golden Sands or not?
>>
File: file.png (62 KB, 1343x344)
62 KB
62 KB PNG
Also
>hilarity ensues
>>
File: lol.png (3.43 MB, 1920x1080)
3.43 MB
3.43 MB PNG
New discord's first sink. If you're looking for an invite to have peeps to play with, add Bazerker#1334
>>
>>604719
That sounds hilarious.
>>
N
>>
File: Parking.png (387 KB, 1600x1042)
387 KB
387 KB PNG
>>
>>604947
Man, the first one of these which is funny to me.
>>
File: 1233.jpg (293 KB, 1900x1080)
293 KB
293 KB JPG
there we are
got the hat
now they need to bring back pirate legend curse or add another curse that only changes the eyes
>>
>>604697
I just don't know what they can offer to make Lost Sands into something people would be fine with. It'd basically have to be a normal outpost but staffed with Phantoms and Skeletons, or else people will shoot it down just so the Shores of Plenty has a second outpost again.
>>
>>604697
What's the p[oint in doing the Servant of the Flames quest? What's in it for us to do that? Lose an outpost and gain no title or cosmetics? Pppffttt.
>>
>>601032
literally no fuckin reason to pvp when people will run for 3-4 fuckin hours
>>
>>605076
Matey if it's a sloop sailing into the wind only noobs would waste their time trying to catch it, same with the other ships and their wind advantage. You either gotta get creative or get a unsuspecting jump on them.
>>
>>605018
>>605035
What if I'm a Reaper and never sell at Golden Sands? Why should I care if it comes back? Hell one less outpost for other people to sell at is a benefit to me.
>>
File: Synthmas.png (1.18 MB, 956x711)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB PNG
>>604719
>Akbar rowbats

Nice
>>
Once again I set sail for kraken-huntan.
This time it shall be mine.
>>
>>605337
Is there a reason you're so obsessed with finding one? Just play the game and it will happen organically.
>>
>>605338
I want the title. Both for cooking the meat and slaying the beast.
Simple as.
>>
>>605220
Well if you truly never play for any of the other factions, then I'd say that your opinion is part of a group that's so infinitesimal that you have no real voting power either way. To argue for the sake of it, I think the benefit is incredibly small regardless. The distance between Golden Sands and Sanctuary Outpost was the shortest in the game, and the layout of the Shores of Plenty means that, if you were to sell after completing a voyage there, you either had a higher or at least equal chance of using Sanctuary Outpost to begin with.

As such, it becomes a case of "is it worth it" vs variety of other minuscule conveniences, like getting the 1/3rd chance of spawning in the Shoes of Plenty back, or the rare occasion you might need an emergency resource crate. Hell, the first reason is why I want the Outpost back anyways (or at least the ability to spawn there), not selling.
>>
>>605459
I don't disagree, just pointing out why people might side with the Reapers. There's also probably people who want to do it for roleplaying reasons, or just because they know other people want it back.

We also don't know what Lost Sands would ultimately be. Maybe this is a situation like Old Boot Fort which later became the Fort of the Damned. If the choice was between having the outpost back or a new location dedicated for a world event, that's a tougher choice to make.
>>
>>605473
Well when I say people, I just mean people at large. Not everyone will vote that way, but the functionality of the outpost coming back will no doubt curry the favor of most people. Unless they reveal something with cool functionality, those set to be 100% against it represent a fringe minority with little to convince people to join their side.

I mean, personally, while I'd want the outpost back for the spawn, I actually would be in the camp of wanting it to become something new, like just being a place to represent non-hostile phantoms and skeleton captains on the sea. The novelty and potential for both dev and player usage sells it for me. I just think that, on the topic of "what Lost Sands would ultimately be," they're just hard pressed to find something that would weigh out the benefits that an outpost brings to most players, especially since they're limited in scope in what it could be (due to being a mid-season adventure, only being a possibility, and not trying to outweigh an outpost too much). That's why I think the only choice would be to make a Phantom Outpost, or just easily lose Lost Sands.
>>
>>605501
I don't think they are limited by it being a mid season update, since whatever plan they have doesn't have to happen now. Maybe they have an idea for Lost Sands but haven't started working on it yet because they want to wait to see the outcome

>People side with Golden Sands, restore the outpost, other plan is dropped with no work lost because they didn't start
>People side with Reapers, it remains destroyed for now and they start work on the actual plan, leading to a new even six months or so from now
>>
Guess we're never getting a crab pet.
>>
>>605589
apparently the devs said this doesn't deconfirm these guys as pets on the forums
>>
File: rarepepe.gif (3.28 MB, 635x640)
3.28 MB
3.28 MB GIF
Had the game for a little over 2 weeks now
>join random galleon crew
>30 seconds in sunk by a kraken
>go to reaper isle fly flag
>ambushed before the crew gets back aboard and sunk
>respawn
>fly reaper flag, go on a 6 ship sinking killing spree
>get sunk by ambush as we were selling stuff to reaper island
>but not before fighting for 15 minutes and chasing them into a fucking kraken
>respawn
>get back aboard and make it back to our enemy, they are still fighting kraken
>run out of cannon balls
>human wave tactics, stealing their cannonballs and detach their rowboat
>sink them
>kill kraken
>get all of our loot back
>sell it
>have several captured flags only sellable to reaper island
>1 guy leaves
>just me, the swede, and the finnish chick left
>Getting chased by the same people (we were flying reaper 1 flag)
>I crash us onto the island and beach
>sell the loot
>Gentlemen prepare to defend yourselves.jpg
>kill the guy trying to carry exploding barrel onto our ship from the water, while he was getting eaten by a shark
>take exploding barrel
>put it in their ship
>blow it up
>We sunk, but I think they went down too
>fucking amazing pug experience
>now friends with swedish dude and finnish chick who like sea of thieves
My ship killcount is now in the 30s.
Game is a lot of fun
>>
>>605749
Do you have an RSS feed so I can subscribe to your blog
>>
>>605755
>multiple anons complaining they can't find good pug groups
>post story about a good pug group
stay mad anon
>>
>>605758
Yeah I see your logic, but I don't see where I can subscribe to your blog for more wonderful stories
>>
>>605767
Not him, greentext stories have been part of SoT since the beginning. Get over yourself.
>>
>>605786
Yea you do see them here or there, and yet I never can quite seem to see the button to subscribe each time. Weird how that works.
>>
File: 1651603835058.jpg (39 KB, 720x822)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>605800
>anon angry about greentexts
lol
lmao
>>
>>605749
reminds me of a good reapers battle i had not too long ago
>inna galleon
>reaper 5 brig on their way to reapers after finishing fof
>cut them off and spam chainshot at them
>one chainshot hits their crows nest
>whole ship gets instantly vaporized and sinks in 10 seconds
>turns out they had all 4 mega kegs up there
>loadsaloot.jpg
>they come back just as we reach reapers
>circling around reapers for 15mins, neither ship can get the upper hand
>people cannoning onto the island and duking it out there too
>they run out of cannonballs, 2 of them cannon over to try use the island guns out of desperation
>remember halfway through fight we still have a keg left, bail off with it
>i'm on the northern part of the island with the keg waiting for them to circle around again
>last guy left on the brig doesn't have time to straighten the steering
>drops anchor just a little too late, brig slews hard and drifts sideways up the beach
>grab ladder and drop lit keg at the feet of the dude as hes trying to get the anchor back up
>we both die, brig sinks
>fight the other 2 all around the island
>eventually finish them off and sell

>>605755
>>605767
shut the FUCK up neckbeard
>>
>>605803
>come here
Are you going to show where the subscribe button is?
>>605806
>neckbeard
It's spelled "Blackbeard," arrrrrgh
>>
>>605340
Are you using a cannon row boat cause there's a title for that too.

>>605459
>at least the ability to spawn there
I spawned there 3 times last week from a game start. Whole crew did.

>>605473
>>605501
Yeah if they are going to do something cool with it then sure let the mists stay. But if it's just going to be a 'oh look that used to be an outpost but there's no point in going there cause theres nothing to do and see except a journal or something' then meh.
>>
>>605970
>I spawned there 3 times last week from a game start. Whole crew did.
Not true.
>>
File: 1233.jpg (255 KB, 1908x1080)
255 KB
255 KB JPG
you ready for captaincy matey?
>>
I swear to god, I just want to kill the one meg I didn't the first time around for the title, but there's always some bullshit like the storm being in the way, Reapers camping the meg or Killer Whale, or the good ol' fashioned "shamefully lose instantly because a skeleton ship rose out of the water and blasted you off deck with the first shot." It's just a title, but it's such a small and otherwise easy thing left to nab it, and there's only a couple hours left.
>>
When is captaincy supposed to release?
And how much will a sloop cost?
>>
>>606211
its going to be the major selling point for season 7
and I dont know the prices but remember theres also gonna be buyable inner cosmetics so make sure youre saving up for that if you plan to be a captain
>>
>>606149
Wait till you try to get the Warsmith
>>
>>606211
>how much will a sloop cost?
20 mil
5 mil for brig
150 mil for a galleon
>>
>>605973
>Not true.
It is. Believe it or not.
>>
>>606062
QRD?
>>
>>606292
These are made up.
>>
>find some dude that wants to make an alliance
>notice his ship is non-customized
>ask if he's new to the game
>he alt+f4's
>grab what I can from his barrels
Did he get upset?
>>
>>606551
Who knows, people are weird. I joined in with one of those looking for group posts to get some gold hoarders rep and loot and all these fucks wanted to do was talk, and talk and talk and never shut up. Sometimes were 2-3 of them all talking at once. Even people (i guess their friends) in the group chat not in the crew, talking. As soon as I get the ship ready for the gold hoarding adventures I was promised they all quit.
>>
>>606551
It was me I had to take a shit I'm sorry
>>
>>607211
>playing solo sloop
>have to take a shit
>blood in toilet, looks like a fucking murder
>only have 10 minutes before I get logged out for being AFK
>run to computer, move mouse and click
>go back to cleaning the blood
>my ship is safe
yeah, I'm a pretty hardcore gamer
>>
So fresh to the game, hopped on to get my bearings before all the chums hop on for the weekend.

What's the initial things to work today?
And is gold mostly for cosmetics and basic supplies? Is there anything wrong with dumping some on cosmetics?
>>
>>607350
Sea of Thieves is one of the only games as service games out there who actually fully does the no premium currency for gameplay benefits correctly
70% of the cosmetics in sea of thieves are grindable in game
10% are attainable through premium currency store
and 20% are unattainable because they were available for past events
the gold gets you the 70%

the initial things to work on are getting 3 of the 4 real factions to lvl 50
while youre doing that youll learn about the inner workings of the menus to find the cool shit you personally want to grind for and eventually youll be decent at the game
that is if you enjoy the gameplay
you could just go looking for fights since thats the most fun part even if it isnt the most lucrative when youre inexperienced
>>
>>607208
Were they trying to recruit you for some cult or what?
>>
>learn to cannon he says
>while he had to autistically sit on the island I needed for my tall tale with a powder barrel
solofags are a different breed of autism with little regard for their own time.
>>
>playing the insider build
>every ship i meet is another solo sloop
>no one bothers to attack me on sight
>actual communication
>players are helping each other

What an eye opening experience.
Solo sloop servers when?
>>
>>607456
It's not because they are sloops, it's because it's Insiders and you're supposed to be testing shit. While it is allowed, PvPing on Insiders is considered bad form.
>>
>>605970
>Are you using a cannon row boat cause there's a title for that too.
I am about ready to shit my past everytime I actually encounter the kraken. No way I'm gonna sit in a tiny rowboat as well.
>>
>>607630
>past
pants* lmao
>>
Man I wish there was a tutorial-area for you to practice your cannoneering, I just want to exchange broadsides with people, but it always devolves into cringe boardings.
The sword/gun-play is the weakest part of the game.
>>
>>607675
Fight skeleton ships.
>>
I thought double blunderbuss wasn't possible anymore?
>>
>>607699
It never was.
>>
>>607700
Then explain how some zoomer frenchie just pulled out another blunderbuss after his first one missed?
>>
>>607702
You saw wrong.
>>
>>607704
Rude mate. This eye-surgery cost me 30k.
>>
>>607707
But seriously, don't know what to tell you. It's never been possible so either it was a different gun or there was a second shooter.
>>
>>607720
I guess. He was reloading, then he swapped weapon and blabbed me. Maybe it's some animation-cancelling I'm not aware of.

Maybe I'm just a little buttmad at the moment since they only caught me due to a fucking skelesloop spawning and almost insta-anchorballin' me.
>>
File: 1652466176555m.jpg (55 KB, 1024x959)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>605749
What having open crew crewmates with mics does to an mfer
>>
File: Murrica.png (820 KB, 998x892)
820 KB
820 KB PNG
>>607732
Double gunning is the current meta, and yeah there is animation canceling for swapping weapons.

Blundy+EoR is your standard PvP loadout since if you can aim the TTK is like 1 second and you also have the instakill chance with a close range blundy
>>
how do i counter double guns?
>>
>>608170
dont board
>>
>>608171
how do i win fights?
>>
>>608173
canons and curse balls
>>
>>608174
What's the most efficient way to reliably source either?
>>
>>608177
canonballs are everywhere
curse balls you have to get lucky around islands and outposts
if youre really desperate just load in, look through the outpost barrels, if there arent any remake your lobby and try again
>>
File: 1641168996999.png (419 KB, 735x636)
419 KB
419 KB PNG
>>608178
Alright, thanks for all your help anon.
>>
>>608177
>>608178
A better question is where to find loads'a'chain shots?
>>
>>608187
>>608181
heres a few more basic gaymer tips for the channel boys
#1 always rock the lucky rover flag
shipwrecks are a good source of chainshots and curse balls
the BEST way to start a session is to head to a seafort with a storage crate, youll have a ton of cannonballs and good food
check islands for cannon rowboats, having one on your ship is STRICTLY better than anything else
know how to fight using whatever combination of weapons youre using, if youre always on the wheel you want blunderbuss and blunderbombs to keep boarders off, if youre boarding you want a sword to lunge and shift around to fuck with enemy player shots
if youre GOOD at hitting shots then EOR is broken when youre on cannon and can hit enemy players trying to use their cannons
pistol is just a shitty version of the EOR but if youre going to use it then EOR + Pistol is very strong, with any other weapon the pistol is just a shittier version of the EOR
know how the wind works and communicate to get sails angled properly especially during fights
Curse balls are the STRONGEST thing in the game, they are the only way a sloop could take down a galleon
make sure you have real food on you for action, that is anything above coconuts
on bigger crews always know your job, if EVERYONE wants to board then youre just going to get sunk cause nobody wants to repair and the ship is still headed in the same direction everyone left it, same thing if nobody wants to repair or nobody wants to cannon
and for fucks sake get down from the fucking crowsnest
>>
>>608203
I'll apply this knowledge to my sailing. The crowsnest is mine though.
>>
>>608203
>pistol is just a shitty version of the EOR but if youre going to use it then EOR + Pistol is very strong, with any other weapon the pistol is just a shittier version of the EOR
Not entirely true, the pistol is more accurate when hip fired and is faster to reload. Also if you're using a sword, both eye of reach and pistol will take two sword swipes to kill, so both are viable.
>>
This "Forever yours" tall tale is some serious bullshit.
How the fuck was I supposed to know where the stupid spice box was buried from just a simple drawing?
>>
File: retard-alert.gif (986 KB, 498x357)
986 KB
986 KB GIF
>>608377
Did you seriously do it without using a guide?

Look up raretheif, they have guides for all the tall tales
>>
>>608377
>>608426
It's not that hard without a guide. The islands aren't that big and each picture has obvious landmarks you can use to get to the general location.
>>
>>608426
>hurr durr use a guide
I'll use a guide after I've completed it once. Zoomer.

>>608427
Nah most of the clues weren't hard, but the "Pig Chase"-clue was pretty vague.
>>
UH WE MAKE 1 MIL GOLD AN HOUR WITHOUT TRYING NO EMISSARY ONLY DOING DIG SPOTS
>>
File: 1648596845941.jpg (63 KB, 680x521)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>608480
ok you autists, I know some of you have every value of every item memorized.
How much gold is actually in this picture with 0 emissary modifier?
>>
>>608523
You called us names and posted a frog, so no.
>>
>>608480
>not even 25k
>>
>>608557
There's roughly 25k in Chests of Legends alone, and each of the small trinkets are between 2-5k each.
>>
>>608523
Without emissary, about 150k approximately would be my guess.
Though with how much the items can sell in ranges for it's like guessing the number of jellybeans in the jar.
>>
Flex
>>
>>608523
with the current event and lvl 5 emissary thats at least 500k
>>
Oh my god these autistic niggers.
Camping the outpost I have to turn in my tall tale at. They're not even selling anything. Literally just sailing in circles around the outpost now.
>>
>>608793
Have you tried talking to them?
>>
>>608803
It's fucking frenchies.
Why would I even try.
And why the fuck can't a sloop outrun anything?

So tired of these autistic fucking frogs wasting your time.
>>
>>608807
learn2sail
if youre sailing AT the wind with your sail angled properly the sloop is the fastest ship in the game, and with how much easier it is to maneuver its very strong
the best ship in the game is the brig, then the sloop, then the cannon rowboat, then the galleon
>>
>>608809
Sloop vs Brig. I was sailing up against the wind - pray tell how is my sail supposed to be angled? Because they sure as fuck wasn't falling behind.
>>
>>608810
Straight forward, dead into the wind. You will be faster than them that way.
>>
>>608811
Then they'll just zig-zag and catch up handedly. Already seen it against another sloop.
>>
>>608812
youre bad and should work on your own skill instead of blaming the game
or sail with a player better than you are so you can learn from example
hell even watching a twitch streamer could teach you some of the basics
>>
>>608814
Cope.
These are my experiences. Are you about to tell me didn't experience what I did?
>>
>>608816
youre the one coping anon, YOU are the one struggling and cant figure it out
I can actually WIN my fights AND leave if an enemy is wasting my time with no loot
literally get fucking better at the game, there is a reason good players dont struggle like you do
>>
>>608828
Damn straight I'm coping. I'm so fucking mad.
You'd be too if you had to listen to fucking frogs speak in their disgusting language.
On top of wasting your fucking time chasing you around for 20 fucking minutes while the game constantly throws shit at you.
Atleast this time I didn't get insta-anchor balled by a skelesloop.
>>
>>608812
>Then they'll just zig-zag and catch up
No they won't.
In order to catch ANY wind and therefore go faster than you, they'd have to sail completely perpendicular to you.

You literally need to sail dead straight into the wind with your sail flat into it. It's completely uncatchable.
>>
>>608008
This is why sniper guns should do less damge at close range, same way a blunder does less to 0 damage at far range, snip should be the same way, just vice versa. Instantly fixed, you're welcome rare
>>
>>608854
do you even understand how ballistics work
>>
>>608523
I'd say around 80k up to maybe 100k without an emissary, hard to tell whats in the chests
>>
>>608560
The legends chests are only 3-4k each
>>
>>608857
fuck ballists this is game balance we're talking here, there's no reason for a gun ment for distance shooting to be better than every other gun at close range. Imagine if the blunderbuss did the same damage it does close up at far distance. It's that retarded. The sniper gun makes the pistol useless to use in the game, it needs a nerfing.
>>
>>608866
If you're also using a sword and are at close to medium range then than the pistol is better than the eye of reach due to faster reload, easier aiming, and still needing two sword swipes to kill.
>>
>>608868
if you can get 2-3 sword swipes on someone AND then hit them with a shot without having them bounce or run away out of range/sight then you are fighting inexperienced players. It takes too long to draw your gun after a sword attack to get someone who knows how to escape. Unlike a dbl gun trick which can fire 2 shots faster than you can do anything in this game.
>>
>Join as a brig instead of a sloop on accident
>Eh fuck it I can probably do this solo
>The storm barely moves it at all
>Moves faster than all fuck
>Sloop players get the fuck out of my way as I'm sailing
>Set it on fire when I'm done
>It doesn't break for like ten minutes, unlike the two minutes it takes to sink a sloop with a firebomb
Jesus, brigs are insane.
>>
>>608897
That's why I solo in them, the only downside is you can't catch a sloop against the wind, but then again you can't do it in a sloop either so. Some say you can't catch a galleon when they have the backwind but the gall is so slow to do anything and most often they have trash crew they can't maintain that momentum so eventually you can catch them, if you wanted to.
>>
>>608901
>friends convince me to buy game
>they smoke weed the second we set sail from any island
>me and the most coherent weed smoker trim sails
>everyone else is afk doing fuck knows what (probably smoking weed)
>come into contact
>they are on our LEFT
>"where are they"
>they are to the LEFT LOAD CANNONS FIRE
>wtf dont yell at me
>we get boarded
>they die
>I fight to the death with blunderbombs and blunderbuss
>"WTF why did you let us sink"
>WTF why did you go afk as soon as we set sail
>they get butthurt as all fuck that we lost our 10k worth of loot, if even
>they dont know how and are too scared of sailing emmissary flags
>refuse to sloop
jesus fucking christ I would rather solo Q galleon (which I have done and now I have good crews to play with)
>>
>>608903
I dunno you gotta take it slow with new players anon
and your friends seem newer than you are
just today I got 2 brand new friends into it, went around doing veil missions and teaching them to use sea forts for supplies and had a good time
specially got them hooked on buying cosmetics
>>
>>608903
Had some dude going 'I'm so drunk lol' and figured fuck it lets see what happens. He spends the whole time fishing and being pretty worthless.

Sink on the last mission of a Lotv, immediately left. Should have trusted my gut and left right away and saved myself 40 minutes
>>
File: 124.png (2.58 MB, 1876x1080)
2.58 MB
2.58 MB PNG
I made 3 mil, went up a few Athena levels, and got 95 on my bp today boys what was your hauls?
>>
File: ffNlkkl.gif (1.97 MB, 360x360)
1.97 MB
1.97 MB GIF
>just seasonal renown boost
>gold and emissary rep not included
What's the fucking point
>>
>>609115
it is 2x gold and rep tardo
the renown boost is just the extra thing that increases from social media
>>
>>609110
About 9mil, went from 24 1/2 athena to 30.
>>
>Friendly reminder to fly pic related to let everyone know you're part of the secret club.
How do you get that flag?
>>
>>609314
If you don't have it you can't. Also OP is a fag.
>>
>>608903
My man, if you enjoy the game and want to learn it from nonshitters, add Bazerker#1334. I'll invite you to the discord.
>>
>be sick
>play Sea of Thieves
>get more sick
>>
>encounter brig chasing a sloop
>not my problem.png
>the whole circus follows me to the outpost
>sloop player hops onto my ship and ask for alliance
>oki doki
>shoot out brig's sails
>re-enact the ending from Pirates of the Carribean 3 with sloopfriends
>pays me in cannonballs and fruit
>>
>>609486
Sounds like a fair trade. I'm mostly in the game now for the fights so good supplies are worth more to me than loot.
>>
>>608903
>picking fights when you have people who are chilling
>getting ambushed
Your fault, desu
>>
>>608901
I think I still prefer soloing a sloop just because it's easier to manage, but if I wanted to do shit like skeleton fleets it's ten times better to be on a brig.
Also, forgot the most important part
>Bailing water is so easy I can empty the whole ship in 2 seconds
Brigs are so good.
>>
>>609492
I didn't elaborate but they were comin for our booty
>>
>>592288
>He runs up and starts playing default song on accordion
>He follows me everywhere playing music

Noo you cant heckin do pirate stuff in a pirate game!
>>
>>609632
>run around people playing music
thats not pirate stuff dont pretend about history you know jack shit about
>>
File: 1484297883197.jpg (104 KB, 572x621)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
I don't get people who play this game just to fight lol. The PVP isn't even that good.
Just had a group of brig sweaties with Sea Dogs stuff chase me and my friend on a sloop for a long ass time so just to spite them we turned in our only athena's stuff and lowered the flag before they could catch us and their response was "we just want to fight we don't want loot"
I feel like you have to have played this game for too long if what you find fun is idling in one spot with the cursed flag up for hours just for some mediocre pvp, since that's what they were doing before they saw us.
>>
>>609861
>I don't get people who want to do the thing the game was designed for
Yeah it's a fucking mystery.
>>
>>609865
>do the thing the game was designed for
you sound like a brainrotten xbro, most of the game is PVE and the main incentive of fighting people is to steal their shit, or fight for world events or other big loot sources. If all you want is PVP and don't even care about loot there's loads of better pvp games you could play.
>>
>>609868
On top of that the general instability of the servers impacts pvp more than anything else in the game, to where shot damage is not consistent and latency can just fuck you over, or the still prevalent issue of load times being forever midfight even on a SSD
the ship combat is a novelty that wears off and the player combat is terribad
>>
File: 1647451173578.jpg (26 KB, 599x337)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>high pitched little kid squeaking friendly friendly
>they are never friendly
>>
>>609865
>I don't get people who want to do the thing the game was designed for
It definitely wasn't lol
If it was there would be a ton more effort in balancing ships, a dedicated competitive mode with MMR, and more.
It's an option because Rare thinks that more choices of what to do = good design, but if you think it's what the game was designed for then you're a rube.
>>
>>609985
Congrats on making the single dumbest post in this entire thread. We will enshrine it for future posters to laugh at.
>>
>>609985
>balancing ships
>sloop has the strength of being fastest against the wind, the easiest time turning, and the best position on the wheel to defend from boarders but its weakness is only 2 players and only 2 cannons
>Galleons strength is its the hardest to sink, has the most cannons, is the strongest on the defense, and has access to the most players but the weakness is its maneuvering
>Brig is the inbetween
the ships are balanced youre just a bad player
>>
>>609989
Have you ever played a single online multiplayer game that isn't a cartoon pirate mmo?
>>
>>609990
Interesting. I always found player galleons to be easier to sink than sloops since galleons takes in water faster in my experience.
Nice digits, btw.
>>
>>610007
Its easier to sink a bad galleon than an ok sloop

If the 4 players aren't in sync or have 1 or 2 deadweights it has a compounding negative effect
>>
>>609990
>sloop has the strength of being fastest against the wind
When you start your list with "It's possible to run away" it doesn't provide a whole lot of confidence that it's actually balanced.
Brig is also the best ship for PvP by far, and it's not even a close margin.
>>
>>609985
sea of thieves...ranked? man go back to fortnite kiddo
>>
>>610066
Why not? Combat is the thing the game's designed for, so it makes perfect sense.
>>
>>610039
>when he thinks of "against the wind" he automatically assumes running away
retard
>>
>>610095
>he automatically assumes running away
What else would it be good for? The other ships don't sail against the wind when they try to escape so you won't catch them and you won't catch another sloop doing the same unless they hit or have to go around something.
>>
>>610120
>every fight happens in the middle of them map and every ship gets to choose the direction of the wind
>>
>>610121
the fuck are you even talking about, do you even play this game?
>>
>>610125
what I mean for you dipshit is that you dont CHOOSE the wind direction and if the wind is pointing towards the red sea you dont have a CHOICE and that means the sloop having an advantage against the wind isnt SOLEY for running away
but youre to fucking stupid to know anything about sea of thieves
>>
>>610126
>if the wind is pointing towards the red sea
That actually never happens, the wind will always change direction to bring you back. Try it. It'll happen quite abruptly too.
>the sloop having an advantage against the wind isnt SOLEY for running away
Yes it is, it's the whole main point to taking a sloop if you just want a solo PVE game without having to worry about losing all your shit to another player. Just set your sail and go into the wind. Anyone who follows you is clearly an idiot looking to waste time.
>>
>>610129
>the wind that effects EVERY player on the server at ALL times is singling you out
retard, absolute fucking moron everything you say now is irrelevant
>>
>>610130
>doesn't know about the headwind curse
>>
Why does rare feel the need to remove a beard? Does it really hurt the chinese's feelings that much?
>>
>>610407
What?
>>
>>610412
They removed this beard from the game:
https://files.catbox.moe/rpea6j.png

People were questioning why it was removed, which then devolved into the response in pic related.
>>
>>610421
I don't get how this beard is offensive
>>
>>610534
Probably some ching chong bing bong cultural bullshit you have to be aware of.
>>
>>610534
>>610590
Probably china not wanting to be stereotyped, but what else is new.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fu_Manchu
>>
>>610628
Where's the stereotype?
>>
>>610630
"Before the creation of Fu Manchu, Chinese people were often portrayed in Western media as victims. Fu Manchu indicated a new phase in which Chinese people were portrayed as perpetrators of crime and threats to Western society as a whole."
Lmao at this
>>
>>610421
They removed a bunch of shit, I used to have 3 pages of cannons and 4 pages of hulls, both down a page now, fuckers.
>>
>>610972
I'm pretty sure you're lying.
>>
>>610421
What a bunch of massive pricks, thats micro$oft for you
>>
File: 124.png (2.8 MB, 1908x1080)
2.8 MB
2.8 MB PNG
>tfw never gonna get the silent barnacle set
why the hell is there voyage that drops them?
>>
>>611221
I assume you mean isn't. Because the only one that would make sense lore wise would be the Merchant Lost Shipment ones, but those just have merchant loot.

Just raid shipwrecks and sink skeleton ships. Do the Fleet Battle, that'll get you at least a dozen.
>>
>>611272
a dozen what anon?
>>
>>611823
Shipwrecked Chests, the things you need to turn in to get the Silent Barnacle. Please keep up.
>>
File: 1650552744455.png (216 KB, 426x445)
216 KB
216 KB PNG
>>611828
I'm new anon I don't know what any of this means, thanks though.
>>
>>611221
Start the skeleton fleet world event and then hang out on a nearby island.
They'll sink and drop all the loot
>>
>>612036
Shipwreck chests are just chests that have barnacles on them. Silent barnacle is just a name of a ship set.
>>
>>612227
Why would they sink?
>>
So is it worth to do any Athena voyage not named Veil?
>>
what are the least used ship sets in the game?
I want to make one of them my own when captaincy comes out
>>
>>612317
I did a devils roar twice a few days ago. It was really easy and only 1 volcano bothered us and thats cause we were against the wind going slow in a galleon with no way to get out of the way when it went off. IIRC it was halfway through the 2nd voyage that we got level 5. Sold, dropped the flag and put it back up and did the emissary voyages. Hit level 5 from that and finished off the rest of the roar at the same time. Did the second emis voyages while doing everything the game threw at us, captains, skelly ships and a meg, got L5. We did a Veil, hit L5 before we even started the final 4 fort kill for the last gem. And I know from experience that an Thieves Haven Athena Run will not get you to a L5 emissary unless you go out of your way to get ships and megs and captains etc. So the best Athena with emissary is def the Veil.

>>612344
Most open crews seem to favor the firey glowy stuff or the most ugly hideous ironic jokey crap like the rainbows and unicorns with the worst cannons they can put on.
>>
Have the new seasons been good? I only play this game when the game pass is a dollar and now i'm waiting for a sale.
>>
>>612411
yeah but im looking for what the least used ship sets would be
like what havent you seen on the seas that isnt locked behind limited time events?
>>
>>612344
wut? won't other people be able to use it then?
>>
>>612440
I mean sets that are largely available but are rarely chosen by players
>>
>>612459
Ah okay, so my inky kraken theme is safe.
>>
>>612417
Generally the new seasons are just average. Nothing there that really jumps out as a headlining feature that you must experience, just average. Assuming you stopped at season 4, all that was added was QoL, digging and burying treasure, phantom forts, a new pirate legend voyage and a storage crate shortcut.
>>
>>612417
>>612524
Don't forget that the new season will introduce revolutionary features like:
Naming your ship! Saving ship cosmetics across sessions! More trash to show off in your ship! Turning selling from constant back and forth trips into quick harpooning action! And, um, an in game diary, I guess. Awesome!
>>
>>612530
But these features sound nice..
>>
>>612430
A lot of the Tall Tale stuff is relatively uncommon but not hard to get. Wild Rose (or Thriving Wild Rose, Revenge of the Morningstar, etc.

The aforementioned Silent Barnacle is pretty rare because it's a grind and a half to get.
>>
>>612546
The whole "repeat tall tale X amount of times" is really lazy I do say.
>>
>>612556
It is, and I'm glad that they learned from that mistake as it's not required for any of the Tall Tales after the Shores of Gold. You have to do Heart of Fire three times, but there are three completely different paths to take during that so I don't mind that so much.
>>
File: 1648876318106.png (45 KB, 200x200)
45 KB
45 KB PNG
>>609861
They enjoy wasting their time so you should collaborate
>doing tall tale with friend on sloop (no flag or loot)
>catch the attention of a reaper slos
>see galleon stopped at an island
>figure maybe that'll catch their attention
>sail by, shoot red flare to catch galleon's attention
>galleon shoots white flares
>reaper stops but doesn't attack, scuttles for some reason
>whatever, keep doing tale
>later, almost done
>see same ship again, no longer reaper
>they instantly give chase anyway
>literally follow across 80% of the map
>drop friend by island to finish up tale
>they don't notice so at this point I don't care anymore
>as soon as they get in voice range starts calling us pussies and not to run
>scuttle
>>
>solo sloop in’ ashen GH voyages
>have to unearth a bunch of shit on devil’s thirst
>park my boat on east side of the island and take my harpoon rowboat to shore
>digging when suddenly hear cannon shots
>sprint back to my rowboat and see some faggot skelly on a cannon high above me just mauling my ship
>desperately row back to sloop
>ship sinks after taking five shots just as I get to the back
>row my shit all the way to morrow’s peak in humiliation
Serves me right for being a dumbass and forgetting there are cannons on DR islands
>>
>>612918
And for trying to row back, depending on where you're at it might be easier to just try to get a mermaid.
>>
File: 1index.png (376 KB, 1000x1000)
376 KB
376 KB PNG
am I missing anything?
>>
>>612945
Tucklords never use pistols, blunder sword only.
>>
>>612946
its not a tucklord image its a tryhard image
>>
>>612948
Different words, same thing, point still stands. Tryhards don't use pistols.
>>
>>612950
if they can hit shots Ive seen pistol + eor do much more than blunder sword
and its ALWAYS ebon flintlock
>>
>>612952
I don't disagree, but "tryhards" are rarely good enough for that. They're just going to run in for the one blunder then sword spam if that doesn't kill them.
>>
>>612952
i mean its the best looking pistol AND it has an ironsight
>>
File: 1index.png (430 KB, 1000x1000)
430 KB
430 KB PNG
>>612956
>best looking
disagree, it does not fit with a pirate aesthetic whatsoever

>>612955
the point of the image being minuscule benefits that a good player doesnt need but no style sweats refuse to play without
>>
>>612957
On a brig or galleon the advantage of DA sails is more than miniscule.
>>
>>613207
oh does it make ships faster?
or make the hitbox smaller?
or make your ship do more damage?
does it have a tangible advantage or is it just another miniscule "if I was a better player I could beat you with or without this" type of advantage?
>>
>>612430
The rare shipsets are the pay to own ones. I almost never see those, except the warsmith and that spacevoid one and the disney ship.
>>
>>612945
Get the super expensive shirt in the pirate lords hideout it's not as goofy looking.
>>
>>613246
You can see under it when it's fully dropped and you can bet that whoever is using them has played long enough to know all the tricks and has combat experience and is therefore probably going to be a tough opponent.
>>
>>613246
Having noticeably better visibility with the sails down is a big advantage. Not every advantage is numerical.
>>
>>613481
>>613450
>the same logic that tucksuit users use to convince themselves theyre not faggots
>>
>>613482
I haven't seen a tucker in quite a while, it's pretty hard to pull off these days. Unless you can target a noob. Nothing will ever beat those early days when the emote first ame out tho...
>>
>>612945
Add in them sinking solo players doing tall tales
>>
>>612956
>needing an ironsight
>not having immaculate knowledge of where the center of the screen is at all times
>>
>>613547
>boot up a game to grind tales for curse
>just started
>reaper brig drives by
>oh boy here we go
>offers an alliance
>???
>accept
>free gold and rep from them selling a shit ton
Sometimes its alright
>>
File: 1640778393603.jpg (48 KB, 470x459)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>613721
I would have spared you, but there's now way I'd let you have free gold. WTF
>>
Man, is kraken/crab gelleon the most scared and trigger happy crews?
Hilarious how they start to panic at the 1st sight of enemy. Cant even dance on their ship without getting blunderbass to the face
>>
>>614850
New players usually have those cosmetics. Pair that with the trashen dragon skins and you're almost guaranteed some newbs .
>>
>>614850
>tfw always sail kraken-outfit
I feel called out. We're not new! We're just absolutely shit at the game!
Also we've been bamboozled one too many times to trust some jester on our ship. Surely there's some kamikazee swimming under the ship right this moment.
>>
>>614900
I gotta tell you anon I started playing with someone whos literally brand new
first thing we did was do a veil and his first paycheck was on the kraken outfit
then we played on community day and did another and his second buy was inky kraken
>>
>>614923
He sounds based :^)
>>
Need a new thread
>>
just to let you guys know it takes 200 damage to
>>
thanks
>>
>>616310
>>616310
>>616310
move over
>>
>>616311
Leave making the new threads to users who aren't mentally handicapped and who know how to actually make a general.
>>
>>616904
>this is a general

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.