[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 122 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

File: Heroes-of-the-Storm.jpg (303 KB, 1800x900)
303 KB
303 KB JPG
Will there be renewed life because of the Microsoft acquisition?
>>
>>583339
They will be adding Minecraft's Steve, some guy from Gears of War, and Halo himself
>>
>>583374
>Halo
We discused master chief in previous thread
>GoW
cover mechanics when hugging map geometry similar to Lucio?
>Minecraft
I have no clue what his mechanic could/should be.
>>
File: DrF_SuvU8AA2-LO.jpg large.jpg (203 KB, 1080x1080)
203 KB
203 KB JPG
I doubt it, Microsoft will likely want to see the more successful established titles being developed (WOW, Overwatch, Diablo). Depending on how and if actiblizz titles get integrated into game pass I could see something like all heroes being accessible through it.
I am hoping we get a new hero sometime, but it would probably have to be a pet project for devs.
>>
>>583474
I'd like to point out their AoE2 treatment but gotta admit that one was carried by fan scene hard.
>>
File: 240[1].jpg (17 KB, 240x240)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
This lil' nigga is fun to play, very easy to be a nuisance and top hero damage too
If only my teammates would understand that they have to give me time to build two pylons before going balls deep
>>
File: 1502878045284.png (68 KB, 256x256)
68 KB
68 KB PNG
>>583899
Probius is my favorite and I feel like he got some healthy changes during the last few years. Coming back and picking him up again was fun. Always liked him though. But yeah, it feels bad to play him with deep dive comps/during long chases, especially if you're the one holding the team together and they effectively stop your damage by going for unreasonable chases.
>>
File: 1625128248709.jpg (435 KB, 940x2048)
435 KB
435 KB JPG
I'm starting to have too much fun as Deathwing. When does my reality check come?
>>
>>584292
The first time you play him in ranked and get countered by a Greymane and/or Kharazim who know what they are doing
>>
>>583339
Have they fixed snowballing yet?
Whoever wins the first clash is pretty much going to win the match.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (8 KB, 128x128)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>584292
>>
>>584355
>Whoever wins the first clash is pretty much going to win the match.
Never been the case. You can spend the entire match losing, but still win with a single end-game fight and push to core.
>>
>>584355
Have you fixed talking about shit you don't know anything about yet?
>>
>>584355
It's almost like you don't play the game that is known for rubberbanding.
>>
>It's a "Nazeebo picks Vile Infection at 130 stacks" episode
>It's a "Ragnaros writes Nazeebo stacks then hammers a whole wave before he can poison them" episode
>>
>>585322
Rag attracts BR players because that's their WoW server; it's only natural
>>
>>584355
>Whoever wins the first clash is pretty much going to win the match.
countless times I've had our team lose like 3 guys at the start and then the enemy team just sits in mid chipping away about half of the tower while the guys who died just go to their lanes and soak back all that exp and maybe even more
although rarely I've had the enemy team get teamwiped mid at start and then we just proceed to wipe the floor with them
>>
>>585770
>>584355
Pretty much the earliest time you can tell "Okay, now we're in some serious shit" is if you lose a keep (not a fort, a keep, know the difference) and are nowhere near taking one of theirs
Nothing that happens before hardly matters, except in the sense of gaining a lead that allows that moment
>>
>>585937
>sense of gaining a lead that allows that moment
Yeah, I think early game confidence can be quite important. Believing in your comp, your tank, your healer to do their jobs enables you to make more aggressive plays.
>>
File: 5 heal vs tryhards.png (966 KB, 1053x742)
966 KB
966 KB PNG
This has been most fun i had in month at least, too bad we lacked PvE to end it before they caught up at 20.
>>
>>586982
5 healers aram loses more than it wins but damn if it isn't fun, I think getting a monk is the tie breaker
>>
>>586990
Khara/uther/alex instead of angeltits, WM and malf would have been enough. Then again it was ARAM, you don't get full roster to draft from.
If we ever get brawls back we need healer version of Mage Wars.
>>
highly unlikely. Dota 2 is the only real rival to league and even it isnt nearly as popular as league. It will be really difficult for microsoft to overthrow a moba giant, but maybe riot will fuck up so badly that ms just may give it a shot.
>>
>120s queue time in the evening as a healer
yeah I'm pretty sure they will pull the plug this year
>>
>>587199
Do people play QM? I thought it was only ARAM and ranked. Also maybe a healer quest went out or something.
>>
>>587199
US?
>>
File: Twitter.png (317 KB, 598x574)
317 KB
317 KB PNG
/ourguy/
>>
How do i stop my QM orph addiction? Its just too much fun to destroy retards that are completely incapable of avoiding my attacks, and i cant stop
>>
>>587943
You probably don't, a ton of decent level/mmr quickmatches are full of one tricks for a good reason - you win a lot that way.
>>
your friendly neighborhood QM gazlowe spammer checking in, I'd hate to see this game die
>ni-- i mean hogger was the last new hero tho
>>
>>587479
>implying wow exp Alex is gonna get anywhere near Hots Alex quality
>>
>>587943
She's the best mage so you don't. Slept on for a while too for some reason.
>>
>>583339

>Will there be renewed life because of the Microsoft acquisition?

BHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>589096
if there would be any cross promotion between actiblizz titles and game pass it would be pretty nice to have all heroes free on there, the infrastructure is already somewhat there since there's an 'internet-cafe' flag that makes all heroes free.
but even that seems far fetched.
>>
>>588231
Kind of difficult to use maybe? Her best skillshot is quite narrow, and she relies on that to position herself
>>
>>589235
IDK if you're trolling or have a strange definition of best. Q is great for repositioning and puts out decent damage if you can keep it up but E is the big daddy damage spell.
IMO she's the best because she combines three things no other mage does except Li-Ming (who I'll talk about momentarily).
First off, she has mobility, which is absolutely critical to be blind picked or picked into certain enemy heroes. Jaina is a great example of what happens when you lack this; a melee ass can jump you and ruin you (even with ice block Jaina is pretty fucked). Notably, W and Q are both mobility skills and Q is extremely versatile allowing chasing or kiting.
Second, she has big dick damage on her E. Doing poke damage generally isn't sufficient in HotS given the high level of healing, so you need to be able to either one-shot or get someone low enough to jump on and kill prior to their being healed, which her E can do easily, particularly when comboed with W.
Finally, she has the capability to constantly fight via her passive healing and overall low mana usage. Notably, she doesn't have to take a talent or two just to keep casting spells.
Some mages like Kael and KT are good in particular comps but can get shredded by their lack of mobility as aforementioned. Some like Gul'dan can constantly fight but will just never chunk/kill someone during skirmishes. The only thing Orphea is really lacking is CC, which is fine if it's elsewhere on the team.
Li-Ming is in a similar boat but I feel her mobility is significantly worse, she has more issues with sustain, but notably lacks a reliable nuke. Her W is simply too easy to cock-block, whereas Orphea E can't be tanked.
Also if you don't go 223XX33 you're trolling. I prefer Eternal Feast and Abyssal Symbiosis but Crushing Jaws and Determination are viable depending on comps. In particular the first talent is so ridiculous IMO; E is just so strong with it and if you finish the quest it's so fucking hard to lose.
>>
anyone up for tl eu ?
>>
File: 1649662443712.jpg (7 KB, 227x222)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>589286
>t. Clearly never tried insatiable+abyssal symbiosis
>and an eternal feast shitter
>>
>>589286
>Jaina is a great example of what happens when you lack this; a melee ass can jump you and ruin you (even with ice block Jaina is pretty fucked)
Umm, sweetie just position correctly
>>
>>589322
it's extremely hard to just chomp down on remotely competent players, i'm sure you can qm stomp with that build but that's it
as for ults; same kind of idea; crushing jaws is just never going to land unless they're already cc'd in which case you do more damage with eternal feast
also eternal feast can get ridiculous during some sieges, combos, and has a shorter cool down to boot
there's a reason it has a higher winrate; plat+ it is a 12% increase over crushing jaws

>>589358
>just cuck yourself out of your best spell and spam blizzard instead
nah i'm good
>>
File: EU220422.png (53 KB, 194x368)
53 KB
53 KB PNG
>>
>play QM
>pick anything squishy = get hunted down by ilidan/butcher/gm
>pick melee = you are now team's tank
>>
>>589286
>IDK if you're trolling or have a strange definition of best. Q is great for repositioning
And that's why it's Orphea's best skill: no matter how good Chomp is, or how useful the slow on Dread is, so much of Orphea's playstyle and ability to survive is tied to Waltz (both mobility and constant orb generation) that it makes it her "best" skill... Or if you don't agree with that definition of "best", then her most fundamental; miss Waltz when you're trying to duel, or otherwise need to reposition, you're probably dead in seconds
>>
>>589903
Pick tank
Pick a healer with CC and defend yourself
>>
>>590010
>miss Waltz when you're trying to duel,
as a mage you're retarded if you're dueling
>otherwise need to reposition, you're probably dead in seconds
only if W is on CD as well
Q is good for just putting damage on anyone diving as you kite but the overwhelming majority of your important damage is going to come from massive E hits
it's like calling Jaina's Q her best spell
like yeah it's good because it does damage and applies chill, but cone of cold is what kills people and just about any spell that did damage and applied chill would be jsut as good
Orphea's Q is good because it does damage and gives her mobility, but even if it only did damage Orphea would still be great, perhaps just not by such a wide margin but I suspect still the best
>>
Today in ARAM:
Man switches off of healer despite being only one with access to heals because nobody picked tank. No tank options were given to either team.
>>
>>590041
>Today in ARAM:
No one cares about ARAM and no one should expect any balance or effort from anyone while playing it
>>
>>590013
What is the point of QM if you absolutely have to pick tank or few of the healers with CC to have a good time?
>>
>>590117
why are you ocmplaining then?
If your definition of "good time" is "having a comp that works without the squishies being insta-killed", then either pick whatever you feel is needed to make QM work like you want it to, or accept that if you still pick whatever you want, you might be matched into a QM clownfiesta, and if you're picking a squishy then it's gonne be you who gets murdered; after all, healer and tank are on perma-boost precisely because no one picks them in QM, so you should be prepared for that
Or pick Li Ming with max range orb build and glass cannon and try to shot people from behind terrain
>>
>>590117
>>590169
another solution: Play ranked without caring about rank
Just hammer the pick button and first pick your favorite character, the rest of the party will bitch at you but in most cases they will try to fill
I'd tell you to go unranked with that shit, but that mode is dead
>>
>>590169
>QM clownfiesta
I accepted that long ago. I just pick whichever hero I want to play or practice and click play. Don't care about the matchups and try to make the most of it by adapting to the situation. It's also a fast mode which is great. By the time you ban and pick heroes in ranked I'm already 5 min into the QM.
>>
>>590372
>ranked I'm already 5 min into the QM.
God I wish this was me. I normally can play 2 QM matches in the time it takes for 1 ranked because of the queue.
>>
>>590395
>>590372
I'm EU lower silver, I never wait that long for Storm League... Usually around 30 seconds, rarely around 120 or higher
>>
File: huts.jpg (52 KB, 407x300)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
I can't believe hots is fucking dead.
post em

>captcha: GAYGT
>>
>It's a "let's jsut watch Hammer demolish everything up to and including our keep in the first 7 minutes" episode
First time in my life I actually smashed my keyboard in frustration
Best play was Mal'Ganis hard engaging hammer with claws, me dashing in to punch her, Mal'Ganis fucking off with sleep and leaving me to die; keep fell 10 seconds later
>>
>>590515
>it's a "butch and nazbo decide to have 2v5 fight in bot just before the level 20 objective" episode
>>
File: too much dragon.png (317 KB, 601x389)
317 KB
317 KB PNG
>>590469
>Jaina
Ah, a man of taste
>>
>>590408
Damn; Storm league for me NA plat is like 20 minutes queue when I play at off times, down to ~5 at more normal times
>>
>>583339
Hopefully no.
>>
File: rip.jpg (61 KB, 1198x135)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>its an ARAM is one-sided as fuck episode
>>
>>590947
>panda pussy highest
A committed man.
>>
>>591569
10 minute is matches are always strange affairs. They're not rewarding to win, and they're certainly not fun to lose.
>>591577
I really can't play her anymore, the frustration I feel from my team not macroing ruins my bullypanda fun.
>>
>>591577
It's not pussy, it's cunny!
>>
File: 1607438492457.jpg (131 KB, 1080x1262)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
>its an episode of 2 griefers who lost their last match and now they throw my game too to spite the other
>>
>>590169
>orb build
lol, lmao even
>>
>>592184
not him but while orb builds and li ming in general are bad, it's qm so lmao is expected
>>
>>592552
I'm him and that was exactly what I meant, if it's a clownfiesta going full distance artillery and try to never get spotted and jsut throw shit into the mix is your best bet
>>
>>592055
I used to do that on the account that was perma'd
If anyone got me particularly angry, I would immediately queue again hoping to match with them again, and if I did, I would throw the game (again) to teach them a(nother) lesson
Griefers are really the scum of the Earth
>>
File: Jo pool.jpg (125 KB, 491x567)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (158 KB, 568x497)
158 KB
158 KB JPG
Win rate plummeted because I'm obstinate in playing meme shield build
>>
>its a varian goes twinblades against 3 bruisers and gets pummeled into the ground all game episode
>>
>>593750
Could have been worse
Could have been a Colossus episode
>>
>>593759
I miss when colossus was good
>solo their whole team because they drafted no cc
>>
kel thuzard is a nigger
>>
How do I deal with Artanis. I'm seeing him everywhere. I know that his lane clearing isn't the best but it doesn't matter when it comes to teamfights. He baits people and he is one of the best duelists and can be quite annoying to take down when randoms can't coordinate hard cc against him.
>>
>>594021
Right click him.
His bark is meaner than his bite, and any solid attack-based ranged assassins can actually bust him down pretty quickly, unlike proper tanks who self-heal like madmen. Obviously if he's getting disgusting swaps constantly it's pretty rough but in teamfights he tends to have a tough time surviving.
>>
File: unknown.png (3.53 MB, 1719x966)
3.53 MB
3.53 MB PNG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fxx3TGAeJJw&ab_channel=videogamer60
>>
>tfw my first silence ever
I've been calling people faggots on hots for years and it finally happened.
>>
>>595176
The intern's got a big backlog; he's got to manage SC:R and SC2 as well, not just HotS.
>>
File: useless whitemane.png (1.74 MB, 2846x3067)
1.74 MB
1.74 MB PNG
>Got four QM games with an enemy Cho'Gall
>In a row
I am unironically seething
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (384 KB, 1920x1080)
384 KB
384 KB JPG
based amelia
>>
>>595519
>people in chat saying they love the game
Then why is it dead you FUCKS
>>
>>596199
checked
1)AFAIK this is year old stream
2)game is not dead
>>
>>597148
>Streamed live on Apr 30, 2022
https://youtu.be/3V5reLfPsek?t=5027
>>
>>597184
Oho, danke.
>>
File: tophots.jpg (88 KB, 784x337)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>>590469
>>
>its a sonya dives 1v4+ 10seconds before objective episode
>>
File: 4channel.jpg (87 KB, 587x393)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
>>597761
>plot twist sonya quadra
>>
File: file.png (721 KB, 660x721)
721 KB
721 KB PNG
>game runs completely fine, playing against bots
>suddenly, this skin appears on a teammate
>game completely stops when he enters my view, crashes, cant play match
>later, check uther skins in collection
>game freezes up and crashes before they all load
>reinstall game with battle.net, still happens
what the fuck is going on with uther in particular, this doesnt happen with any other heroes
>>
File: 1651348520184.png (229 KB, 800x774)
229 KB
229 KB PNG
>>598402
skill issue
>>
How come this game isn't more popular when it focuses on the fun parts of moba matches (fighting)?
>>
>>599180
no "le epic 90,000 damage carry!" because exp is split, the team aspect of it makes you truly a team and you either succeed as a team or fail as a team
so shitters will will make the game unfun, retards that don't know teamwork will will make the game unfun, idiots that only care about their individual performance will will make the game unfun, micromanaging players who actually should play a solo rts will make the game unfun, afk players will will make the game unfun
>>
>>593843
Racist.
>>
>>599347
That's true but this applies to any moba really except that it's much harder to solo carry if your team is behind or your teammates offer no help whatsoever.
However what this game has over other moba games is the fact that it cuts to the chase much faster than others by eliminating the need for farming gold for items and moves the adaptability of items over to the heroes themselves so you very rarely get those incredibly long and drawn out matches where the losing team turtles to 50-60 mins.
This game does the best job at is not wasting the players' time by making creeps/mercs capable of dealing worthwhile siege damage, forcing the teams to fight over objectives and overall designing the game such that matches don't last for longer than they have to.

Also the heroes in this game are the most fun of all the mobas I've played, by far.
>>
For me it's the most fun because you don't have the retarded 8 seconds of CC from one ability and get off-screen one shot in DotA, you don't have the autistic last-hit/farming phase you have in either DotA or LoL, and you don't have the literal slave-tier heroes that exist in LoL.
You get a lot of interesting fights with all your abilities (or near it) right from the start of the game, the games end before they get boring, and almost all of the autism is removed from the genre.
My biggest complaint is that a few of the maps play DRAMATICALLY different from the others, and I think it should be a bit more consistent (although some variance is good). Obviously the Blackheart Bay and Skeleton Mines being removed helps but I think Cursed Towers is also pretty painful at times with the stack bottom and shove strat, and the way the reworked Gardens of Terror works isn't my cup of tea either.
Hanamura I quite like but I think there's a solid argument that it's too far from the others as well.
>>
ms purchase means death
>>
File: Spoiler Image (153 KB, 656x800)
153 KB
153 KB JPG
>>
anyone wanna hop on hots?
>>
>tfw lickin every motherfucker birthday
>>
Does anyone want to play the video game?
>>
File: 1602199356356.gif (140 KB, 112x112)
140 KB
140 KB GIF
>Last CCL season live
endgame
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (485 KB, 1920x1080)
485 KB
485 KB JPG
for old times' sake, bets.
>>
>>602090
All on Blue because Stitches is a nigger
>>
>>602090
300 on muradin jumping into the team and instantly melting, twice
blue still gonna win though
>>
>>602090
>CM winning
>ever
lol
>>
File: 1622289497036.png (92 KB, 286x286)
92 KB
92 KB PNG
>still talking about esports
wew lad
>>
>>602414
What's the issue? You don't like seeing the same combination of 20 meta heroes played over, and over again?
>>
>>602414
if you dont like esports so much why dont you hop on hots and play some casual games with your friends from 4chins
>>
LOOK AT ME GUYS. I PLAY SYLV AND HANZO AND KILL EVERYONE FROM A DISTANCE WOOOW IM SO PRO DID I FORGET TO MENTION IM ALSO A MING MAIN????
I ALSO HAVE LIKE 5 ALTS AND THEY'RE ALL IN MASTER HAHAHAHA
>>
File: sylv.png (587 KB, 1580x695)
587 KB
587 KB PNG
>>602986
>I PLAY SYLV AND HANZO AND KILL EVERYONE FROM A DISTANCE WOOOW IM SO PRO
Um, what's the problem sweaty?
>>
>>597929
>mfw
https://rule34.xxx/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=1850958
>>
>>602090
I thought this game's esports scene completely died.
>>
>>601196
shoo shoo blizz jew
>>
>>605095
It's still going. There's probably at least 4 major leagues (CCL being the most biggest) and quite a few minor leagues.
>>
>>605090
>You can cum once every 24 hours.
WTF cum rations? Mommy Alexstraza won't like this...
>>
Hello everyone, didn't really know this was a thing. I'm am obsessive hots player that likes to heal
>>
>>606451
ranked or qm?
>>
>>606487
I do both, i'm one of the perma plats but I'm not that terrible; just dont do non heal roles well
>>
>>606532
fellow perma plat here I'm curious; what healers do you like?
I always see people pick anduin, bw, stukov, and rehgar but feel like alex, lucio, and morales are better picks than some of those oftentimes
>>
>>606540
I like anduin, morales, and tyrande
>>
File: Capture.png (805 KB, 1534x254)
805 KB
805 KB PNG
>>606541
my xp sorted
>>
>>606451
I used to obsessively heal, but stopped after I got frustrated from my teams not soaking-- so now I obsessively collect my cummy essence as Dehaka.
>>
>>606670
I have that same frustration; i will admit that I do tilt sometimes and just go soak the lanes instead of heal :(
>>
>>606671
You should try out the community leagues. I'm sure you'll find it a better experience than storm league.
>>
>>606685
I am out of the loop, what is that?
>>
>>606715
please tell me ;_;
I have no friends
>>
>>606715
>>606862
They're leagues organised by communities. You can join a team or act as a free agent. If you lookup the CCL discord, you'll find in their announcement page for the smaller leagues where you can sign up.

A healer like you would probably be in high demand.
>>
>>606898
omg are you for real? people to play with?

should I just google 'CCL HotS'?

please say yes ><
>>
>>606911
Yep. You have CCL, Heroes Lounge, Nexomania etc. I've paired up with a few people from there and helped coach one or two players.
>>
>>606982
>>606982
aren't those for like... pros?
>>
>>606994
Yes, and no.
If you're interested this is the way you can get to the pros, but below that there's a decent size pool of non-professional teams.
>>
>>606995
To be completely freaking honest... I just want someone to healslut for

But I will settle for good friends to play with :3
>>
>>607004
Do play EU or US? I play both. I can play a few games with you tomorrow or Saturday if you like.
>>
>>607032
I play NA, but I'd be willing to consider EU
>>
>>583339
I hope not. I like my dead game. I never have to learn new characters or how they are countered, I can take a month long break come back and still know everything relevant. It's great.
>>
>>607004
tits or gtfo
>>
How dead is ranked these days as a goldshitter?
>>
>>608824
not as dead as this thread
>>
>>608898
there are dozens of us, dozens!
>>
>Team picks Anub into Lunara, Artanis and Arthas.
>me last pick: You don't expect me to heal this?
>OMG WHY U CUE JUST TO THROW U R REASON I AM GOLD
Mental gymnastic of these people. I sometimes think that we are shitsink of MOBA playerbase but thanfully DOTA general exist to remind me there are no greener pastures.
>>
>>609173
Maybe if you played with your friends here you'd have a better time
>>
>>609173
Just say "if you pick bad I throw" at the start of every match.
>>
>>609184
>frens
>>
>>609196
Every anon is just a fren you haven't met yet
>>
>>607004
>>607036
"/join /vg/"

And advertise you're a healslut so we can know who you are.

I'll play some qm or aram with you.
>>
File: Me.png (854 KB, 1303x875)
854 KB
854 KB PNG
If anyone needs another anon to rarely play with on the NA server just add me! I play QM exclusively unless you are fine with me first timing other game modes
>>
File: 2equ7w-1388465726.jpg (240 KB, 640x947)
240 KB
240 KB JPG
>>609306
>>
>>609387
I already posted azmodan tits what else do you need?
>>
>>609280
Sorry I am an idiot, join /vg/ ?

oh is that a channel in game?
>>
>>609476
I am around if anyone wants to play, doesn't have to be part of the kink (or it can). I take games seriously when we aren't fooling around
>>
Turns out EU isn't so laggy for me (at least today), so if people want to play there I am also able to do that!
>>
>>610756
I'm on right now if you want to play. Just joined /vg/
>>
File: 1631062391543.jpg (39 KB, 852x480)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>miraculously survive in alterac pass for 38 minutes
>enemy tychus is dead so we group to go bot boss
>our chromie just decides to turn off her brain and aa some minions in the middle lane
>keep pinging her to come here but won't listen
>eventually they get boss and she then goes 1v5 running past them
>>
>>610783
It really do be like that.
>>
>like the panda girl mass heal playstyle
>hate the character looks herself
fuck
>>
>>611036
I wish there were an older version of li-li; don't like kids in my moba
>>
>>593442
wut
>>
>>610781
Were you on EU? Sry I spent the evening on NA with some ppl
>>
did they fixed Yrel clunky ass play style yet?
>>
File: 1622191755736.jpg (1.33 MB, 1920x1080)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB JPG
>>611498
You're not wrong about the clunk but you can get used to it, she's ridiculously strong in the right hands.
>>
>>611523
I guess I don't understand what's clunky; but I am a shitter
>>
>>611353
I was. Didn't even know that EU chat and US chat were different.
>>
>>611530
She IS clunky, but she's retard-strength if you manage to master it.
>>
File: 1638298472934.jpg (55 KB, 982x614)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>Tome of The Spider Queen
>steam roll opposite team with two consecutive spider queen waves, claim all forts and keeps
>push to core
>Malf disconnects
>valla runs off
>core is half, opposite team respawns
>wipe with core at 48%
>opposite team hands gets a spider hand-in that achives nothing
>clown team fight top, opposite team looses three
>ping core
>valla keeps pinging boss
>ignore and push core
>win
I don't understand why there are so many people who believe you need a boss to push core
>>
>>612106
same senpai, wish I had come answer for you
>>
>>612106
Hey man the game's only been out for 6 years, you cant expect people to know whats up
>>
how the fuck do you play mephisto? his shock ring feels weird to use,you want to be near the enemy as a squishy mage to deal damage
>>
>>613801
playing Mephisto is more about the 'when' than the 'how', you want to shade in when your team is either covering your original location engaging into fleeing enemies and not into the whole enemy team out of the blue since you can get bursted down.
Take movespeed or slow on 7.
>t. aram mephisto enjoyer
>>
>time to play some heroes
>2 losses
>2wins
>altF4
>>
File: 1560345177035.jpg (258 KB, 900x1200)
258 KB
258 KB JPG
>>611048
You should still yiff in hell
>>
>>612893
Yeah same thing with jungling during curse. It's not like that map has been there since begining.
>>
>>614882
>qm Towers of Doom
>level 1 player Alexstrasza never leaves mid and just hits minions
>loose
>alt4

>>614886
I'd tap that
>>
>>614886
i wasn't trying to imply i wanted anything sexual, just i like your pic version of her better than the kid one
>>
>>611498
explain exactly what you mean by "clunky"
>>
>>616133
Different anon.
Righteous hammer is for some reasson on W when similar abilities are played on Q.
All of her abilities have wind up time some you spend lot of time maneuvering around mid combat before it goes off. Combined with D and number keys it's lot of time like playing piano with really stiff keys. I played other piano characters but goat is for some reasson, be it delay, animation or timing, handling her feels really off.
>>
>>616302
different anon
I always felt kinda the opposite, her slow swing timer makes her feel kind of like a metronome to me.
>*bonk*
>wind-up ability
>ability
>*bonk*
>D-ability
>etc
>>
it is way too hard to get new heroes.. these chests I get every 3 levels or whatever don't give heroes, gold comes in slow, and the only other thing is some currency that you primarily acquire with irl money
>>
>>616898
did you get a megabundle yet? every 25 player levels you get 100 gems, you can spend those on a one-time bundle of a lot of heroes.
>>
>>616898
Are you doing your quests? It's pretty easy to get them and only requires a few games a day to earn any hero.
>>
>>617035
Aha, megabundle. Didn't see that. thanks. are all the heroes in megabundle or just the cheap ones?
>>
>>617278
It's a mix, you got some expensive ones there I think (10k), I suggest you get the one you like the most heroes in rather than the 'best value' one.
>>
>>617290
yeah I just wanted Xul so we're cool
>>
>lunara
>big poison balloon pop build
>thornwood vine instead of HaHaHaHa
>freestacking poison just pop dudes for all their health from max range
>people cant decide whether to fight or run away

https://youtu.be/k3rItpwaowA?t=52

been doin this shit for like at least a solid year, even with the bonus damage nerf from 200% to 175%, its still ludicrous how quick i kill motherfuckers
>>
>>614886
where's my humanization tag at
>>
SweetLemons#11713
add me bros
im a newfriend but im an old dotard so im just messing around with some of the warcraft heroes
>>
Im playing whitemane RIGHT NOW
>>
>Play azmodan
>Quest ping sounds when you hit your dunk ball
feels so fucking great for some reason
>>
>>619806
>tfw farming quests on nova clones and rexxar bears

Nothing personnel
>>
>>619833
>>619806
that sound gets me killed for being too greedy on ana quite a bit lol
>>
>Like abathur playstyle
>i am a total brainlet and not touch him outside of practice mode for fear if doing awful
meh
>>
>>620498
can't be any worse than the rest of the abathur players.
>>
anyone on eu ?
>>
>>622711
nope
>>
>>622711
NA here
>>
>>622711
Yep
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (490 KB, 1920x1080)
490 KB
490 KB JPG
I want Areios to heal my loneliness
>>
>>622914
i can only heal your HP bar
>>
>>622914
Get your simp nonsense outta here and start watching Fans instead
https://m.twitch.tv/fanhots
>>
>>622907
Add Prezakias#21382
>>622897
>>622900
NA vros are welcome to join too,my connection is third worldy to join NA
>>
File: 1648589439140.png (341 KB, 600x579)
341 KB
341 KB PNG
Abathur/Murky should never be in a free rotation.
T.Rankedfag
>>
>>623112
you actually get ranked games?
>>
>>623204
yeah silver memes
>>
File: 155532249599.jpg (50 KB, 532x448)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>friend of a friend joins the stack
>he can't play for shit
>>
I used to play as a 5 stack, but one of my group was banned for 37 years due to racism. Now we don't play at all.
Though I do miss playing as Alarak.
>>
EU anons are antisocial af
>>
>>623431
I'd be up forplay a few games with you, but I'm done for now after having some very shit games
>>
>>623434
i can carry to diamond with artanEZ but i meme with variety picks atm
sure thing lets have some fun fren
>>
>>623449
are you EU or not, hard to tell on /vm/
HealsIvt#1988
>>
>>623450
yeah EU
>>
>>623449
Nah, another night my dude did you post your tag above? I sent you a friend request

>>623450
I'll send you one as well
>>
>>623460
>prezakias#21382
>>
File: PBDWAd0.png (237 KB, 600x600)
237 KB
237 KB PNG
Nice to see anons playing together, now I regret being a leaguefag lately
>>
>>623495
i wish i was addicted to HoTS instead,i feel nothing playing league
>>
File: 1615588472189.jpg (163 KB, 1200x1200)
163 KB
163 KB JPG
Play Alexstrasza
>>
>>623894
There are 2 type of healer players and both are basically NTR from theme to game mechanics.
No wonder there are so many healer deviants & coomers. You are either bullied without mercy and fed ugly bastard cocks or you are spending your matches cucking your enemies out of their kills.
Not sure if it's based or cringe.
>>
>>623911
i will heal you out of spite!
>>
File: 96498806_p2.png (1.51 MB, 1408x1424)
1.51 MB
1.51 MB PNG
>>623894
I do!
>>623911
what did anon meant? i dont get it
>>
>>623911
I think it depends on the healer in aram I have something like a 80% winrate with my CBT LiLi build.

[T3131133,LiLi]
>>
>>624042
When it goes good as in you outheal enemy dmg, remove their CC and or CC them you feel like a BVLL treading on their will as you please.
When it goes bad, your teammates getting put down and violated, as you heplesly bite your lip seeing it happen unable to turn it around, you are plazing role of CVCK.
>>
>>624238
thats kind of hot when you explain it that way not gonna lie
>>
>tfw i try to play illidan but suck
Its an odd feeling
>>
>>624042
is there more to this image
>>
>>624270
yeah but its nsfw
>>
>>624273
That's why I ask
May I have a source
>>
>>624286
Just search alexstrasza on pixiv its on the first page third row,provided you have a pixiv account to see the NSFW
>>
>>624293
Found it, I'm a bit disappointed.
>>
>>624505
>>624293
porn is weird to me
>>
>>624505
what did you expected exactly?
>>
>>624577
More. That's what.
>>
>>625309
More like what?
>>
I guess it wasnt meant to be.
>>
File: cb3.jpg (16 KB, 680x447)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>625561
No meat?
>>
>>625561
butcher is iffy on 2 lane maps unless you have some giga-oneshot/cc comp
>>
>>625390
More detail.
>>
Does Uther call his bulge "The Hammer of Justice"
>>
>>626053
Does it also have 10 sec CD?
>>
File: 1588801920700.gif (1.11 MB, 356x200)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB GIF
>queued quickmeme Greymane into Deathwing
>curse bullet him on CD
>>
>>626327
same with Tychus and minigun
>DING DING DING DING DING
>>
File: 1543814622378.jpg (253 KB, 1200x798)
253 KB
253 KB JPG
>level 18
>13k anna healing
What can you do against such reckless incompetence of other players
>>
>>626102
kek
>>
A friend and I just went back into the game after a 2y break. He's around lv 1200 and was consistently ranked mid plat and I'm around 800 and was consistently high diamond but we keep getting matched with extremely low level players (200 at most but usually below 50). Now, we initially didn't mind because we just got back and all, but it's been a few dozen games and it's not really changing.
Are we gonna be stuck in lowbie queues for a while still or are there just not enough mid level players left or do we just have to play more?
>>
>>627041
Your QM MMR has been wiped back to the baseline so you'll probably be playing with the idiots for a little while until your MMR goes back -- how soon really depends on how many games you win.

If you and your friend pick the right heroes a two stack is pretty OP.
>>
File: heal.png (1.64 MB, 1920x1080)
1.64 MB
1.64 MB PNG
i cant win today
>>
File: EwI4jstVcAA_5wB.jpg (327 KB, 2217x2409)
327 KB
327 KB JPG
>>628620
at least you're living up to your in game name anon
>>
i wish i liked alexstrasza, but i'll stick to my medic game
>>
>>628957
what do you like morales over alex? i havent played morales yet (Might soon as i purchased the support bundle)
>>
>>628984
alex relies too much on people standing in your goo, and enemies not disrupting your goo

momo lets me be a healbot and that's what I like
>>
File: 50 about to hit me.png (430 KB, 1062x545)
430 KB
430 KB PNG
I feel forced 50 is about to show up its ugly head any moment now.
>>
>>629080
You can beat the forced 50 if you aim to be the most impactful player possible. Play the macro and known when to show up for fights. Jaina is the right hero to do that.
>>
>>628992
Isnt lucio and lili also like that? also its a circle not goo!
>>
>>629172
Lucio is more like, everyone around me BE HEALED
Lili is, everyone around me GOOD LUCK

moralis is, YOU OVER THERE BE HEALED (everyone else good luck)
>>
>>629172
Not really, with Lili and Lucio you are the circle and your kit encourages you foe more aggressive plays.

Lili trait requires her to take damage for CD reduction and Lucio in the competitive pro-scene (CCL) is used for scouting.
>>
>>629182
>moralis is, YOU OVER THERE BE HEALED (everyone else good luck)
Literally alex Q and R,not the dragon one,the other one
>>
>>629208
okay fine she gives me chest envy, are you happy?
>>
File: 1651281807444.png (28 KB, 128x128)
28 KB
28 KB PNG
>>629215
Oh,Sorry
>>
>>629217
; :
>>
>>629182
>Lili is, everyone around me GOOD LUCK
She has five different healing tools. Her Q, her W, her R, cleanse and mistweave. That's a far greater potential than Morales's
>>
playing lili makes my wrists hurt from mashing Q
>>
So,anyone up for some games on NA? this is my tag
>>609306
>>609306
>>609306
>>
>>629233
Don't bother pressing it up and down except when you're not fighting. Just hold it down.
>>
>>629241
Would, but I'm out tonight.
>>
>>629245
another day then dont worry anon
>>
>>629241
you sound as much of a female as I am, sorry but I want to play with tanks :<
>>
>>629322
I play tanks
>>
>>629328
oh.

well im HealsIvt#1988
>>
>>629332
i will add you in a few,playing with someone else at the moment anon
>>
>>629343
okie dokie, i am getting pretty tired so dont be upset if i dont accept immediately
>>
>>629346
go sleep anon,being tired isnt good!
>>
>>629349
I am in the tub so I will be konked out within an hour
>>
>>629350
what does konked mean anon?
>>
>>629410
asleep lol
>>
>>629569
sleep well anon!
>>
Won 4, Lost 2. Not bad at all tonight boys.
>>
>>629589
woo! fellow momo player!
>>
File: 1654126065620.jpg (1019 KB, 1821x2967)
1019 KB
1019 KB JPG
>>629594
I play a lot of characters my man.
>>
>>629598
well i am trash, so i only play a few lol
>>
>Do basic diablo things,just play casually
>"Wow diablo you good!"
Do people really not play engage tanks in this game? CC wins games
>>
>>629602
i am too skittish to engage :<
>>
>>629603
i have heard randoms say that particular sentence over and over as if playing diablo is a rare occurrence or something
>>
>>629737
maybe you are better than you think :)
>>
>>629872
No i aint
>>
File: 1644157001508.jpg (56 KB, 1024x723)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
Diablo heroes > Nexus heroes > Overwatch heroes > Starcraft heroes > Warcraft heroes
>>
File: 1496361535813.png (358 KB, 710x400)
358 KB
358 KB PNG
>>630325
Warcraft Heroes = Diablo Heroes = Starcraft Heroes = Lost Vikings >>>>>> shit > maggots that eat the shit >>>>>>>>> /b/ >>>>>>>>>> Nexus Heroes > overmeme heroes
>>
>>629598
Redheads like that make my penis feel things
>>
>>630337
winner
abathur = one of the maggots eating shit
and Mei Ana and Dva are like the only overshit heroes I don't hate to see
>>
>>
File: 02b.png (744 KB, 1111x597)
744 KB
744 KB PNG
>entire team focuses me
>still can't kill me
>>
File: 1630526740161.png (67 KB, 226x388)
67 KB
67 KB PNG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87jFwWFUNQI
>1:23:12

HOTS MENTIONED!
>>
File: Capture.png (40 KB, 210x94)
40 KB
40 KB PNG
>>631854
the duality of man
>>
low MMR QM is fucking wild
>>
No need for a living game unless your a grind cuck. I can find my horrable qm team mates easy.
>>
>>632353
What? Are you saying you play against AI for fun lol?
>>
>>629598
mommy springfield
>>
File: 1611826776635.png (164 KB, 463x411)
164 KB
164 KB PNG
>league
>nazeebo pick
>25 mins of eating cock
>nova pick
>12 mins swift defeat
No. Hero picks are not equally viable.
On the other note playing, accidentally, with VPN on is surprisingly not awful.
>>
>>632722
They're not, that's why you see the sameish 20 hero pool in the pro-scene.
>>
>>632722
lol, love that pic
>>
mei is thicc
>>
>>634505
yep
>>
>havent played in over a year
>still have all the heroes
they didnt even bother to give it a lousy cross promotion item with diablo immortal even though call of duty even got one
sad times
>>
File: FUaw3yUWIAAMSch.jpg (563 KB, 2368x3840)
563 KB
563 KB JPG
Giving Alextrasza so many children she has no choice but to become a full time soccer mom!
>>
File: 1652746230854.jpg (1.77 MB, 3840x2160)
1.77 MB
1.77 MB JPG
Am I imagining things? I swore they added McCree as a hero. Can't find him on the roster. Am I thinking of his ex-girlfriend or something?
>>
>>634572
Maybe you saw some fanmade hero concept, there was also a raynor 76 skin for the overwatch cosplay skin drop.
If we're getting another hero and it's a firearm wielding one it better be this motherfucker.
>>
>>629232
And her most common and powerful heal tools might as well be RNG selection for how much control you have over who gets it.
>>
>>629602
People are cowards or have terrible judgement and no object permanence. Its a fundamental fact that in ASSFAGs with randos the team that commits more to an engagement wins but nobody wants to be the one actually leading the charge. You gotta drag them kicking and screaming into the fight.
>>
>>634906
>ASSFAGs
never heard that one, what's it mean?
>>
>>634940
Aeon of
Strife
Styled
Fortress
Assault
Game
Going
On
Two
Sides
ASSFAGGOTS though ASSFAG is good enough. A better descriptor than MOBA.
>>
>>584355
PLAY
THE
FUCKING
OBJECTIVE
FAGGOT

Also learn2farm effectively
Also learn2 teamfight effectively

Just get fucking good
>>
>>634949
LOL never heard that
>>
>>595176
>>595256
I'd love to the guy in charge of the reports, and just dismiss all the people getting called faggots and bitching to me about it

Real life threats and saying 'ima kill you nigger' go a littlle too far, but other than that, call that man a nigger for not playing right and I'll just laugh and delete your report.
>>
>>601196
It's the ugliest skin too fucking hell Blizzard gotta be fags.
>>
File: roster.jpg (210 KB, 834x575)
210 KB
210 KB JPG
>>590469
>>590947
>>
File: watdo.jpg (63 KB, 1901x107)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>634968
>>
File: literally me.jpg (13 KB, 519x132)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
I still play a few drunk games almost every weekend, but this game feels like the outcome is decided in draft unless you have exceptionally good or bad players on either side.
Curse you, fate, for running this game into the comatose ground.
>>
>>634978
i get completely shitfaced at least one night a week and play, at least it's fun :3
>>
File: 1654287581654.gif (1.97 MB, 285x205)
1.97 MB
1.97 MB GIF
>>634979
Same, but lately Ive tried to indulge people hogging the dps spots and dropped 2 leagues already. Its quite maddening, even if you give them the heroes they want the muck it all up ...
>>
>>635004
i probably going to drink myself stupid tonight
>>
File: suffering.png (17 KB, 518x81)
17 KB
17 KB PNG
>>634978
ah yes the classic 51%
>>
>>634978
>>635142
>le 51% face
>>
>>635142
>>635208
I am still amazed how well the match making works, at least in the middle of the playerbase
>>
>>635004
another explanation might be that you yourself are bad at playing anything else but dps. So if you try to play tank or heal you mess up and your team loses. But I guess it is unthinkable that part of the blame falls on you..? Because, strangely enough, from what people tell me, "the others" are allways to blame. I guess the same goes for you. I allways wonder how it came to be that I never speak to one of "the others" but allways with the perfect players. Not even once have I spoken to a player who wasn't perfect.

Which btw explains this: >>635142 If everyone is perfect, we all should have (close to) 50%
>>
any anons still use the /vg/ channel in hots itself?
>>
>>635313
i do on NA
>>
File: e.png (132 KB, 589x605)
132 KB
132 KB PNG
>>635253
Yeah, its effective at balancing you down. As there's always going to be bigger fish than you.

>>635256
This is important, I think most players don't feedback to themselves on their mistakes. I'm quite brutal myself and will gladly admit if I clowned. From that I've improved a lot from last season.
>>
>>623431
If you play ANY multplayer game with text chat on, you bring it on yourself
>>
So what prime evil do you wanna see next? Duriel? Andariel?
>>
File: ho898ody94s31.jpg (363 KB, 2000x2000)
363 KB
363 KB JPG
>>634514
>Finally got a duo buddy
>he plays chogall with a friend while i pocked him with alex
its bonkers and feels nice,watching its entire HP bar just get refilled with my R probably makes the enemy team seethe and alex starts pumping free heals once you get that flower talent
>>
>>634902
its called POSITIONING BABY
>>
>>635466
that is a cute art :3
>>
Would people be interested if I create a pastebin for future threads?
>>
>>635463
I'd like to see anybody besides another overwatch character at this point.
>>
>>635809
i would rather have map updates than a new hero
>>
>>635806
yeah do it
maybe I might help you
or maybe I won't
>>
>>635806
you could update the old one, wont take much
https://pastebin.com/bmfVe3ut
mainly the part about 'dead game' should be adjusted... downwards.
and in the hero acquisition section megabundles are back.
>>
File: 1574613015614.jpg (75 KB, 640x795)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>
i hate zuljin niggers SO FUCKING MUCH its unreal
>>
File: 1494253718087.gif (1.69 MB, 284x294)
1.69 MB
1.69 MB GIF
>>636576
this anon got AXED
>>
>>636585
axed to OBLIVION
>>
File: 1598477445273.gif (656 KB, 250x205)
656 KB
656 KB GIF
>>636576
hate valla more, at least zuljin has weaknesses ... garrosh zj teams are brutal though
>>
>>636614
yes
I do hate (may Allah forgive me for uttering this) v*lla more
>>
>>636413
if you play this shitpick i am leaving the game
>>
File: download.jpg (35 KB, 620x350)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
I always forgot just how good muradin can be. Put one some fitting music and fight it out, feels fucking good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZG_jipaWM-k
>>
File: 1200x1200bf-60.jpg (215 KB, 1200x1200)
215 KB
215 KB JPG
How painful would a (solo/EU) mid plat -> masters grind be in Anno Domini MMXXII?
I've peaked low diamond, always wanted to give ranked one last send-off before the game goes truly goes terminal.

>>637357
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcre1b57t7w
Fun tidbit, album cover art is by Samwise.
>>
>>637269
I wouldn't call him a shitpick. He's very much a meta dps.
>>
>>583339
no
>>
>>637716
I imagine it wouldn't be much worse than NA and that was a fucking exercise in futility even at high diamond. People still don't know how to play the fucking game and blame anything but themselves for it.
>>
File: 97849588_p0.png (1.55 MB, 1600x900)
1.55 MB
1.55 MB PNG
>>
>>637825
Yep. Got into a fight last night about Blackheart Bay and why collecting the coins matters more than araming. Christ, its the one serious PvE map given how strong the obj is and people cannot grasp it.
>>
>>637716
The pain will be worst at the start of your journey. While everyone cries about "the idiots I have to play with", it gets slightly better the higher you go. But you should be ready to fill any role and you need to be able to stay calm if things get ugly. You will often enough encounter people who are very stubborn and you need to be ready deal with that in a productive way. I was part of a group that grinded someone to EU Grandmaster#1 a few years back when you could still boost with low level accounts. I encountered people of all levels during that time and those that could realy get any account out of bronce to master+ were those that could adept and that never tilted. And while the game changed, this fact never did.
>>
>>637357
literaly did exactly this
based anon
>>
File: Ye.jpg (40 KB, 405x450)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>tfw 5 game winstreak with Sonya
Damn shes easy to be an asshole with.
>>
File: a9axcbd8tx591.jpg (342 KB, 2732x2048)
342 KB
342 KB JPG
>>
junker queen hero when
>>
File: 1586196966962.gif (407 KB, 250x250)
407 KB
407 KB GIF
>>639295
when the game is alive again. also known as never ever.
>>
File: week.jpg (104 KB, 796x649)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
Not a bad week so far boys. Enjoy your matches.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (427 KB, 954x1391)
427 KB
427 KB PNG
>>
>pick murky
>one-shot creepwaves
>die
>grab enemies
>die
>run around like an idiot
>die
>hit level 20
>solokill enemy tanks and mages
>die
>win game
I play with my friends very rarely and was forced to play a good character to carry them so glazlowe is fun too.
>>
File: wallhaven-g8rlzq.png (3.46 MB, 2000x4300)
3.46 MB
3.46 MB PNG
>>583339
The confused design of this game will never not be funny to me.

Like they design things to make teamwork and individual performance less important, but only make it more important.
Like how you getting money from killing creeps and shit also gives it to your allies (and you). Meaning both you and your allies rely on each-other actually collecting this.
>>
File: 1649591236642.jpg (61 KB, 1023x782)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>640630
>Like they design things to make teamwork and individual performance less important, but only make it more important.
maybe I'm not reading you right but in what way is hots designed to make teamwork less important?
individual performance is important but in the context of a team, you can't get fed on a carry and 1v9 even if your team is afk.
second point is also unclear, in what way is a resource being collective confusing?
>>
>>640646
The devs design goal was to make it not suffer from the problems games like LoL or DotA 2 does.

For example, not being good at farming and last hitting
>it's ok, since you get money from your allies!
Except now your poor farming affects your allies diectly.

The designer at Blizzard have been terrible for a long time.
>>
>>640654
I don't think that's confused, those are the two ends of the spectrum - mechanics that cater to individual performance and mechanics that cater to teamplay.
I'm not saying everyone gathers XP properly in hots ('pls soak!!1' is often written in games) but at least here someone else can cover for a teammate that refuses to clear lanes / soak, you can't really farm for a carry in league (not familiar with dota enough to comment). In hots as long as they're contributing elsewhere (ganking, jungling) and not straight up AFK you'll come out less behind than you would if a carry in league wouldn't farm well or worse - feed.

The whole farming/team xp thing is mechanically sound design in my mind, at the same time I acknowledge those design decisions are contributing factors to why hots didn't get popular.
>>
>>640660
farming in dota is incredibly complex and is something every player on the map has to work together to do
>>
>>640660
>I don't think that's confused
Modern Blizzard design is always confused.
They do X because they want Y result, but end up getting the opposite of what they want.
Be it Diablo, Overwatch HotS or whatever.

I don't know why either. If it's the same incomptent leads that never go away or they just hire clueless designers.
>>
>>640717
blizzard being bad at game design is a core reason why their games have been so popular for the last 20 years
they have never had any clue what they are doing
>>
>>640630
>>640654
The way that you describe the game makes me think you don't really understand what you're talking about.

Like by money do you mean exp?
>>
>>637357
Like this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3XZ0PBfXoc
>>
What's this? hots(not)g back in business?
>>
>>641932
Yes, a bump every 4 days.
>>
File: KYS.png (48 KB, 262x111)
48 KB
48 KB PNG
Disgusting.
>>
>Sky Temple
>save our out of position and alone 25hp Lunara from a four man assrape with a 4D gigabrain Junkrat mine + traps
>she turns around and goes back in
>dies to a single autoattack
>pings me and types 'KYS'
Honestly not sure what to make of it
>>
>>643517
>lunara player
shouldve let them die
>>
>>643552
After that I did, and so they died 10 more times.
>>
File: 1542313179729.png (81 KB, 556x430)
81 KB
81 KB PNG
How is KTZ fair
>>
vallatrannies need to hang from trees
>>
>>643831
Take solace in the fact that most players cannot hit skill shots.
>>
Why was removing tower ammo good?
>>
>>644127
If towers stay as a persistent threat they have more value throughout the game, than becoming useless stumps. Having limited ammo never made sense to me.
>>
>>644141
but they still regained ammo over time it's not like they used it all and then had none for the rest of the game.
>>
>>644127
it warped the gameplay around draining ammo, you didn't really care about laning or trading damage you just tried to sneak into a lane and drain ammo.
It also impacted who people played, summoners and other heroes that could drain ammo would be high priority.
>>
>>644144
I wouldn't really say it warped your play style around it since it was just part of laning back then. Going out of your way to waste tower ammo without capitalizing on it was usually not worth it since it regenerated fast enough. "Summoners" back then were just laners and part of every laner's kit was some way to reduce tower ammo faster. You didn't need a laner to win since hots has always centered around teamfight and objectives but a good laner could certainly do alot for your team if played correctly, but again, not necessary. With the removal of tower ammo those former laners have mostly just become weak dps characters that are almost never worth picking. Without the option to properly push a lane or split push as effectively as you used to be able to the objective and teamfights have become even more important that they already were. It seems like removing tower ammo needlessly took away a dimension of playing the game and fucked up alot of characters just to make teamfights more important when they were already really important.
>>
>>644150
From watching the competitive matches I don't agree with your analysis. I've seen games won based on macro and I've seen games won on the fights.

And on the solo laners, if they were 'never worth picking'. We wouldn't see them as a guarantee pick position. Go through the CCL archive, and you'll seriously struggle to find matches where Blaze, Dehaka or Yrel are not being picked. Hell, you could argue the splitpush meta has returned hard after the Hammer buffs.
>>
>>644153
hammer is so fucking gay
when they're on my team they're literal potato gorilla nigger single-digit iq retards
and when they're on the enemy team they have top in every fucking stat
>>
>>644153
When I talk about characters who are no longer worth picking after tower ammo removal I'm talking about characters like zagara, asmodan, gazlowe, and other characters whose primary function was laning. There are plenty of characters who are good at laning like blaze, dehaka, gul'dan, but they generally aren't specifically laners, they're just characters who happen to also be good at laning ontop of their primary function in teamfights. Being able to lane is still important but the purpose of laning has largely shifted towards just farming xp while using it as a method of actually pushing the core is no longer viable without significant support from the team/the objective/camps.
>>
File: 1653954826395.png (618 KB, 908x721)
618 KB
618 KB PNG
lfm anon qms eu
>>
File: dva cat 1.png (216 KB, 506x456)
216 KB
216 KB PNG
IT'S TIME
captcha KYSJN
>>
File: dva cat 2.png (69 KB, 475x254)
69 KB
69 KB PNG
>>
File: dva cat 3.png (145 KB, 502x425)
145 KB
145 KB PNG
>>
>>645141
>KYSJN
>kys juden
>>645142
>>
>>645144
>>645143
>>645141
:o magical
>>
File: 1601449832863.gif (891 KB, 325x252)
891 KB
891 KB GIF
>>645141
>>645143
>>645144
>>
That /vg/ qm group a few nights ago was pretty good
>>
File: pexels-photo-3125061.jpg (25 KB, 500x750)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>Yes, of course I start siege camps at the one minute mark. How could you tell?
>>
>>645167
>>>645142
I don't get it.
>>
Can someone make a gif of this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfMqL0ki2LE
>>
>>645754
If someone doesn't do it sooner I'll make it tomorrow.
>>
Time for celebration, took me a while but was hella fun! Had to drag them crying and screaming to victory on the 1000th game, but at least its a win. Feels fucking good
captcha GG08G
>>
File: lili.gif (3.71 MB, 169x300)
3.71 MB
3.71 MB GIF
>>645754
>>
File: 1626710059461.png (229 KB, 372x765)
229 KB
229 KB PNG
>>646189
>>
>>646189
cute!
>>
>>646189
literally me in the last /vg/ team game causing seethe
>>
This game is so fucking fun but nobody believes me because its a moba
>>
>>646242
i believe you :3
>>
Doin the Light's work
>>
>we'll never see Orphea ever again, anywhere, ever

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHFUCKBLIZZARDAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
Is this game worth getting into? I have 4200 hours in Dota but I quit because I got sick and tired of more than half the games I play being stomps. I could tolerate that if the games were at least over quickly but waiting 30+ minutes to lose a game I know I'm going to lose was destroying my soul. Does hots have the same problem?
>>
>>646929
In my short experience 20+ minutes is when there are tide shifts during match. This game is designed to keep you in action. Somehow blizzard made good moba and it's their least popular game for some reason.
Mind you I have never played ranked due to inconsistent internet so can't really tell you how pro scene is
>>
>>646939
i agree with most of what you said, somehow the game is my favorite moba
>>
>>646929
I think this is inherent of "MOBA" games. I quit them all at 29 and never looked back. Worst waste of time of my life
>>
>>646929
Yes, I think HOTS is worth getting into. With the number of hours you have in Dota, understanding HOTS will be stupidly easy.

In the most extreme examples of stomps, a match can last from 7 to 16 minutes. However, in HOTS you could be losing for the entire game, but in a single team fight you could turn the game around and run for core -- Blizzard has placed some very strong catchup mechanics.
>>
>>646929
Most of the time, you can tell you're going to lose around 18 minutes, but even then a solid 25-35% of the time you can turn it around with 1 good gank. That late in the game, being up 1 character for 45+ seconds, and communicating decently can give you enough gusto to even things up or complete an objective on the map that will give you severe advantage for at least another minute. Theres also plenty of times when the enemy is already attacking your core, and instead of finish the job, or retreat smartly, they'll fuck around a bit too much, get wiped by your team respawning, and give you enough time to rush all the way into them and down their shit before they respawn. Happens frequently enough for it to always be an option in games that aren't 100% one-sided snowballs.
>>
>>583339
Blizzard could snatch up this game to do whatever the fuck they wanted with. It could be the fortnite of mobas.
It's easy, fast, and simple.

But I don't think they will do anything and it's just gonna die on permanent maintenance mode.
>>
>>647541
The art team for HotS was grabbed by Riot in its entirety, wouldnt be the same at any rate, unless they get some new talent lol
>>
>>647787
art team of hon went to league
>>
>>647787
>The art team for HotS was grabbed by Riot in its entirety
Do you have proof of that? I have a friend I'd like to doompost to.
>>
File: y50zgrn.jpg (370 KB, 1188x1080)
370 KB
370 KB JPG
for what it's worth, I've updated the faq
https://pastebin.com/pphksCm3
>>
>>648162
spotted a typo
https://pastebin.com/eLAp2EeH

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.