[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 2.jpg (350 KB, 1920x1080)
350 KB
350 KB JPG
The best mmorpg available
Lore, atmosphere, abundant content, giant world to explore...
A TRUE mmorpg. Aged like wine.
>>
File: ss.jpg (1.86 MB, 1920x1080)
1.86 MB
1.86 MB JPG
>>
File: dwarven stars.jpg (320 KB, 1920x1080)
320 KB
320 KB JPG
>>562948
>play LOTRO
But I do.
>aged like wine
More like milk.
>power creep hit the game like a truck, itemization is fucked
>game is completely toothless for 99% of content now
>even if you play deadly+6 on a legendary server, this doesn't change group content there (old instances don't have difficulty tiers)
>trait system means the main story is mandatory for all characters, hope you like following the same critical path every time despite the variety of content and ways to level
>virtues grindan
>horse combat is still broken
>epic battles were always shit
>missions are either awful in pretty much every way, or three peaks and just boring
>servers are abysmal
>game is ded so grouping below max is fucked
>P2W out the yang
>every interface in the game has a button on it asking for some premium currencies
To their credit, they eased up on F2p restrictions, and it looks like the next few updates are going to make even more of that stuff available free. Which is a great start for new players. In fact if you are new, it might be worth trying with those updates because most of the real problems with the game are only problems once you've spent enough time in the world to see the cracks, as long as you don't mind it being retard proof.

But I still play it from time to time because you're right in that it does have a fun world to explore, and the classes are at least interesting. Before long the negatives just turn me off again.
>>
>>563263
>trait system means the main story is mandatory for all characters
Wasn't the main story already mandatory to unlock areas?
Heh, I've got an alt where I bypassed Moria through Rohan. (swimming may be slow but it's safe from those asshole riders). I can't advance Bingo, but at least I don't have to worry about LIs!
And now you can even get into Mordor without epics by going through Erebor.
>To their credit, they eased up on F2p restrictions
The biggest was actually having any content above level 40 to gain XP. Nothing scales high enough other than quests. The (so far) annual free unlocks fix that.
Yeah, it's fun to explore, even more so if you try to break the "rules". I still wouldn't want to grind raids.
The worst part is the slot-based inventory limitations, just buy more slots on the store so you can hold more adjective-variation junk drops! And ten bucks for the wallet so you don't need two slots for every region's local currency! Oh and here, have 20 more character-bound furniture items!
>>
>>562948
I play this game on and off. It's a decent time sink, the zones are comfy, it's atmospheric, the writing is half decent if you actually bother to read the text.
It's a bit brainless, but I like it that way. Just don't raid, ever. The pug raiding/endgame community is god awful at the game with retarded gear requirements. Half the people at max level can't even move out of a basic AoE.
>>
>>562948
No thanks, I don't want to grind boring mindless combat for 100 hours for one level.
>>
File: 1565890612444.jpg (18 KB, 472x198)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>563740
>No thanks, I don't want to grind boring mindless combat for 100 hours for one level.
If you're trying to level from combat, you're Doing It Wrong. The best XP comes from appropriate-level quests. (same level to your level+5) During seasonal events you can easily get half a level a day, but don't forget to keep up with your class quests.
Mindless, indeed.
>>
>>563740
You are playing games in the wrong way.
MMORPG you play to enjoy the journey, the story, the atmosphere, the vibes... all the process of getting stronger and experiencing new areas and challenges.... while learning new stuff and interacting with other people.
>>
>>563886
To be fair to them, 90% of the quests are kill 10 X, then move and kill another 10, loot 5 objects near them, and repeat. The flavoring of the quests is usually nice, the quests themselves aren't exactly awe inspiring.

Though that also reminds me how frustrating quest design can be in this game compared to its contemporaries. LOTRO has a problem of fractal quests, and a very annoying tendency for a quest that wants you to interact with 5 things...Say lighting 5 torches, making there only 5 torches total to interact with, so you're scouring for every last one. I like really digging in to every nook and cranny, but not for every inconsequential task. LOTRO quests, outside of the dialogue if you care for it, have a very quantity over quality approach.

That said, I do like the combat, even if its kind of unga. My favorite parts of the game are rolling up to some enemy fortress and turning it over for hours. Goblin town for example. Or last time I leveled in Mordor, Durgthang was lots of fun. Jump off a balcony into a room of orcs and say hello with a headbutt to the goulies before backhanding all their friends. God, I love Brawler.

>>564146
>having fun wrong
You might have a point if LOTRO wasn't a mostly single-player focused theme park at this point.
>>
>>564196
The one that bugs me is when you have a "wrapper" quest for three or four sub-quests, it ends up taking priority on the quest arrow and you have to manually remove it from the quest list for the arrow to be useful. And again each time you finish a sub-quest.
As for finding that last torch, I bound a key (maybe it was the `~ key) to like the the DEL key, it cycles through those objects real well. (Except when there's a bunch of harvesting shit nearby. I do not care about all those fucking scholar coffers. LOTRO crafting is ass-tier anyhow.)
And the thing I hate most about combat is that it's so strictly tab select that if you're being attacked, but you have a landscape object selected, fuck you, you're not fighting back until you select that guy.
>having fun wrong
I guess you can apparently play WoW in any MMO. Thinking that combat is the only way to get XP is typical wowtardation. They probably also complain about wow clones at the same time while expecting everything to play like wow.
>>
>>564209
>"wrapper" quest for three or four sub-quests
Fucking kill me.
>get a quest
>it's got subquests
>one of those subquests has subquests
Happened more often than I liked.
>LOTRO crafting is ass-tier anyhow
It's in such a weird state. I liked being able to name my crit successes at least. Crafting have no part in the LI system right now is just awkward though.
>WoW
Well, WoW was mostly quest focused too for leveling, before it went full retard. And LOTRO is a WoW clone, there's hardly any denying that.
>>
>>564220
>It's in such a weird state.
It was clearly phoned in. Especially once they got to a certain point, they just started making each tier basically a clone of the previous tier only with a different region name and new recipes for the next tier of gear. Once you (and the rest of the game) move up to the next tier, the old stuff becomes irrelevant except as a stepping stone to grind through to reach the next tier.
There's always someone asking if anyone has some iron ore or something lying around, the answer is fuck no, it's pointless to waste inventory on that shit. The "extra ingredient" shit that you have to buy from NPCs only changes every few tiers, but that's about it.
The only good thing about it is you can know exactly how long until you finish the current skill tier. In FFXI, it's always random and rare, to the point where they had to ease up and make it possible for a few more skill levels.
>>
>>564230
>Especially once they got to a certain point, they just started making each tier basically a clone of the previous tier
Yeah. In the beginning it was cool but kinda wank. Then when LIs were introduced it was cool that you had to craft the best ones. But now it is just like you said, next set the same as the last. Except even worse because for the past few years, new tiers of crafting didn't even come with the basic knowledge of say, making armor if you were an armorsmith. Why the fuck wouldn't they make leveling gear, probably the most basic thing an MMO crafting system can aspire to, part of the crafting anymore?
>>
>>564237
Because who needs crafted gear when you can grind raids for the best prefab wiki gear? And it's not like there's any particular variation with crafted gear either, you always put the same things together for the same result. Why not different material types for the same recipe slot to focus on different stats, like crafting in Shroud of the Avatar?
But mostly, if the crafting system is already crap, why put more effort into it now? It's enough work as it is to add 30 new recipes per craft every time the level cap goes up!
>>
https://www.lotro.com/news/lotro-producer-letter-march-2022-en
>With this update, all quests, areas, instances, and expansions released between the original launch of LOTRO back in 2007 and up to – and including! - the release of Helm’s Deep will be available for free to everyone.
Hmm, I guess the big unlocks they've had for the past two summers worked well for them. They're unlocking a few races and classes too. And apparently they already did away with the premium wallet and currency cap last month, but I never noticed.
>>
>>562948
fuck that, im playing star wars galaxies. gonna get rich and buy some slave grils
>>
>>562948
>Play LOTRO ffs
chill faggot
>>
>>564196
>mostly single-player focused
Every mmo is single player focused nowadays.
>>
i tried it a week or two ago and lasted 10 minutes
game is fucking dogshit bro i'm sorry i just can't lie to you
>>
>>564196
>them
Just say him you fag
>>
>Graphics are outdated
>Combat and content throughout 99% of the game isn't difficult or interesting in any way shape or form
>Art style is good

Good art shame about the game design being garbage because challenging people is a big no no in MMORPGs circa 2022
>>
>>562968
sovl
>>
>>562948
what's the class to play nowadays?
>>
I used to have a elf archer years ago
>>
>>565432
hunters and champs are OP as always
>>
Do you play with others a lot? Huge battles with lots of players? Hows the pvp? Player driven economy?
I hate you need to ask these when it comes to mmorpgs but most of them are single player games at the core.
>>
>>565957
>Do you play with others a lot?
not outside of RP and dailies
>Huge battles with lots of players?
no
>Hows the pvp?
lol
>Player driven economy?
it would need players for that
>>
>>562948
Is it solo friendly?
If so, I ain't interested.

Catering towards friendless losers by making them able to play the game without making friends is the biggest mistake the MMO genre ever fell for.
>>
>>566122
friendless losers are cute and valid
>>
>>562948
Too busy for mmos now, but I did play DDO a bit.
>>
>>566122
I agree.
>>566167
Not based. Cringe.
>>
>>566122
>friendless losers
Did you forget what genre you're talking about?

The whole reason MUDs and MMOs started was so that freindless losers could play RPGs with people across time and space. The IRL friendless losers are the ones who love to grind for hours and group up with people, they get their social interaction through vidya instead so they're accustomed to it. The normalfags are the ones who demand solo content that issues no challenge so that they can fit it in their normalfag lives and change diapers at the drop of a hat. The explosion of popularity to these casuals with WoW is why MMOs started growing toward single player but online games in the first place.
>>
File: launcher.jpg (774 KB, 3751x1530)
774 KB
774 KB JPG
>Reinstalled today
>
Fuck what do I do
>>
>>568455
lol wut
You can control the menu with the up and down arrows and enter key. Not sure what server you're looking for but should be obvious enough from the letters you can see next to play there...I guess.
>>
File: old cap.jpg (350 KB, 1920x1080)
350 KB
350 KB JPG
>>568468
I got it sort of working. Nice to see my old Captain's still here. But it looks like it would take all my points just to buy the current quest pack I was on. Almost wonder if I should just reroll for now and figure out what I own and what I don't.
>>
peak comfy
>>
How much content until you hit the paywall?
>>
File: coma.jpg (202 KB, 688x824)
202 KB
202 KB JPG
Wait, I was in a coma for THREE THOUSAND YEARS?
>>
>>568476
I believe they've recently made everything up to level 95 (Helm's Deep) free, including classes and races released up to that point. That's quite a lot of content.
>>
>>568525
That's at the end of April. I think I'll wait until then and start a character
>>
>>568503
the witch king gave you a spicy shank, you were too pure
>>
can you get flying mount? It looks like a beautiful world, and I just wanna fly around and explore middle earth
>>
Hunter a good class for solo comfy plays? Thinking of making a Human Hunter from Rohan to explore Middle Earth with for my first time.
>>
>>569209
I just started a hunter earlier and honestly I have been finding it kind of boring. I tried champion before and it was a lot more fun, but I say try it out!
>>
>>569301
I'm liking the champion a lot now as well and probably gonna do hunter elf next.
>>
>>569310
That's exactly what I did
>>
>>562948
if only they changed the character animations... its the only stumbling block that makes me quit every damn time.
>>
Will try it out again if the rumored console release happens. Downloaded it a couple months ago and lower level zones were dead. I can't get invested in an MMO if that's the case.
>>
>>569301
What was boring about hunter, and why do you think champion is more fun?
>>
Should I buy the riding skill or save up my LP?
>>
>>569209
Hunter is basically OP for outdoor content and a really good first class pick. Does ridiculous damage at range, can teleport themselves and other people, has access to campfire teleports others don't get, and has an out of run speed buff. There's a reason that at any given time a good 1/3 of the people online are hunters.

Champion is also retarded amounts of damage but can tank too, which makes it easier to solo harder content that you can't kite (for example, dungeon bosses in tiny rooms). They don't get the teleport options though.

>>569682
If you're going to subscribe at any point for whatever reason you can do a quest to get it for free once you're level 20. Otherwise yes you're gonna want a mount eventually.
>>
>>562948
I hope you lads used those free codes for quest packs.
>>
>>571190
I'm on Treebeard, so these codes have been useful, otherwise I would have been forced to do high level quests in the Lone Lands, instead of doing both the Lone Lands and the North Downs.
>>
I convinced some friends to play with me and start this game for the first time, most of them are fine with trying it, as they grew tired of the MMO with P2W mechanics and grind better equipment and that's it, no atmosphere, no real story, no player interaction or unique experience that a single player game can't give you.
Now I'm not really well informed about the game, I only know from an old friend that the game is heavy on that Tolkien fantasy feel with a good world and great diversity (not the woke thing), so I want to have answers to this questions:

1. How did monetization feel, how did it feel in the progress of the game, more importantly, were there mechanics set in place to hinder your enjoyment and pull you to the shop in the game? or more like cosmetics?
2. How is the community? a lot of modern MMO have players behave like a bot and not interact at all with anyone, does this game suffer that, and if they do interact are they a toxic community or just chill people?
3. Can you play a support class and have a complete experience? I really enjoy playing support classes, but most games really don't want you to play as them, not only most players suffer from mental developmental issues but the game really punishes you as all MMO are made for a single player experience and as soon as the group content is done so are you, there is no reason to play in a group outside of specific activities, there is no incentive, you won't have a enjoyable time when you play solo.
>>
>>562948
Ok maybe I will. Is there a recommended server for new players?
>>
>>571259
Isn't that a sub only server anyway?
>>
>>571308
Do you get access to the quest packs when subbed?
>>
>>571354
Yes. Also talk to someone in town/housing area for an item that lets you access bank/vendors from anywhere, boosts crafting and reduces durability loss to 0. Also also, check the far ranging stables at home, since that's got basically all the stable paths available. Unless they changed something, log into any character or alt you plan on playing even after the sub lapses because you'll have access to swift travel afterwards.

>>571297
>1
Monetization is very hit and miss. On the one hand you get enough points while leveling to unlock the quest packs you want to do, on the other there's still skirmishes and lots of extras you want to unlock. They severely reduced the stuff you "have" to buy in the last patch and are reducing it even more in the next one. That said, there's still LOTS of "convenience" things and loot boxes, among other things.
>2
Community isn't bad in my experience, it leans older than most games but that can have its cons too. There's a global chat channel where people talk all the time, and at least where I played (Brandywine) there was always a group of bards playing in Bree, some community storytimes, things like that. The game itself is unfortunately pretty singleplayer, but that's more to do with the low pop and high level spread. It's good you have friends. Even one or two means you can probably do dungeons marked for 6 people, even as beginners, just by yourselves.
>3
I like the support classes in this game a lot. But the game is so piss easy outside of high level group content I'm not sure what I can say about it. You won't feel gimped playing a Captain while soloing because you would have to try very hard to get killed by anything. But at the same time that means people probably aren't looking for you when not in a group either. It's unfortunately not like EQ or something where as soon as you drop group someone wants to invite you to another one, and I don't think any of them have drive by buffing (most buffs are party specific).
>>
>>571406
>there was always a group of bards playing in Bree, some community storytimes
Thanks, also, that sounds really fun like people playing the game for fun and not the modern version of "efficiency or stay behind alone".
>>
File: Elrond.jpg (17 KB, 170x257)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>563263
>To their credit, they eased up on F2p restrictions, and it looks like the next few updates are going to make even more of that stuff available free
Is there more info on that?
I got me the free pack unlocks on three accounts from last Christmas, same as in DDO.
Is there something else coming?

What always puts me of the most are the trait system locks, are these gona be opened up for F2P?
>>
>>571297
>3. Can you play a support class and have a complete experience?
If nothing big has changed then through the trait system you can easily switch from full support for grouping to solo leveling "DPS support".
The game is supposed to use the good old trinity system, just like WOW.
>>
>>571589
The endgame of LOTRO is pretty lame honestly. Most people seem like they play to have a billion alts. I like the classes...They all have something interesting to them that I miss when playing another class.
>>571675
>What always puts me of the most are the trait system locks, are these gona be opened up for F2P?
Here's the relevant points from the last letter.
>Fourth, and long requested, we’re making some big changes to the LOTRO Store. You’ve seen some of the first changes we made a month ago with the release of Rangers and Ruins, which brought the Premium Wallet, Gold Currency Cap, and Virtue, Race, and Class trait slots for free to all players! Starting with Update 33, we’re making the High Elf race free for all players. Now everyone can play as those who beheld the beauty of Valinor, and play as a Captain, Champion, Guardian, Hunter, Lore-master, Minstrel, Rune-keeper, Warden, or Brawler through all of Middle-earth!
>That, conveniently enough, brings me to the next change: Rune-keepers, Wardens, and Beornings will now be available for all players to play! Craft powerful runes, create masterful gambits, or summon the secret of Beorn, as you grow your legacy as a hero in Middle-earth! And if you’d like, you can do all of the above!
>With this update, all quests, areas, instances, and expansions released between the original launch of LOTRO back in 2007 and up to – and including! - the release of Helm’s Deep will be available for free to everyone. Quest, explore, and craft your way to level 95 to your heart’s content!
The TL;DR there is that virtues and some old restrictions are already lifted. In the future (update expected in April) all races/classes (except the last ones to release, Moria-Dwarves and Brawlers) are going to be free. All of the quest packs/expansions up until 95 will be free, and then quests above that will be free to VIP except the latest expansion.
>>
>>571711
Oh WOW.
So basically the free pass from Christmas will be permanent, very nice.
Heh, I still remember "free TP" grinding my ass of to buy Warden, Runekeeper and Beornings.
>>
>>571724
Yeah, it's pretty nice. In the past I wouldn't have recommended LOTRO at all because of how annoying and behind you would feel unlocking traits, zones, and instances, then maybe classes and mounts and bagspace and all that. Now it sounds like it'll be a lot more open to spending points on what you want, outside of say, riding skill.
>>
>>571711
Will I miss out on anything important if I keep leveling before the update?
>>
>>571779
If you buy anything you'll be getting for free in the update, I guess so. I'm not sure if they'll be swapping out the old cash grabs for anything new, so who knows.
>>
>>571711
>>The endgame of LOTRO is pretty lame honestly. Most people seem like they play to have a billion alts.
So same as DDO?
>>
LotRO can be a great game for long time players with years of various experience with raids six-mans kinships and some great friends. Like many mmos, play for the memories and feels when you visit a zone and it feels like home. A new player will have an absolutely huge world to explore though it is theme park for the most part.

I have an ancient kinship, members come and go and I've done most all sub 130 content at some point. At the very least, at this time, there are multiple leveling paths that breaks up the repetition if you lvl alts. Main story is what it is. The power creep is totally out of control at this point and seems hopelessly lost, it's a problem if you like to be challenged. One suggestion is if you are detail oriented, work the deed log for the lulz.

I've run minas tirith three times now all deeds and quests. It makes me angry but I'll do it again. I keep a chr at each of the major level breaks and switch around to mix it up, I recommend this method.

Thanks for reading my blog.
>>
>>564220
Most things LotRO took from WoW, WoW took from Asheron's Call.
>>
>>564220
>And LOTRO is a WoW clone, there's hardly any denying that.
It's the very reason I started playing it back then, because didn't want to become a WoW'tard and "experience" my favorite Universe through merry murder.
>>
>>562948
Cheezus I can't believe this site is still going strong!
>http://lotrostats.gefallenehelden.de/
Still a good resource for choosing servers.

and there's actually even new youtube influencers
>https://youtu.be/1WktrKTeQCA
>>
I rather play EverQuest. Is it similar to EverQuest or 1999?
>>
>>565825
what's a good way to build the champ? I mostly play solo
>>
>>573591
Just better in every way.
Actual lore, mechanics, even frikken graphics.
But if you're one of those pixel graphics fanatics, by all means stay with evercrap.
>>
>>573958
Everybody does, just pay attention to the skill&trait descriptions and remember summoning your follower.
>>
>>573958
yellow poops on groups of trash with massive AoE damage which is champs bread and butter, you will also want battle frenzy no matter what spec you pick (and while leveling, yellow will get easier access to improved battle frenzy, pairing that with the legendary tracery gives it an uptime equal to its cooldown)
red will destroy a single target and has more reliable self healing, but just pack food and you'll be fine
blue is for soloing instances like all tanks
>>
I was always interested in LOTRO but the P2W aspect really drove me away from playing, now I understand they plan to release a lot of pay walled stuff to f2p. I like the art style and I've heard that the music is good. I have many questions for the game since I haven't keep up with it since the launch. How faithful is the game to the literature or does it borrow heavily from the Peter Jackson films (not that I think the movies are bad but they do take liberties)? How much of the world of Middle Earth is available and when does the game take place? For a first time player which will be the best class/race to play?
Sorry for the long post but I'm planning on playing with my brother.
>>
What servers do you guys play on? I've got a couple of level 40 characters from like 9 years ago on Brandywine, I just booted this game up for the first time in a very long time.
>>
File: Middle-earth_map.jpg (1.02 MB, 1024x768)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB JPG
>>574170
>How faithful is the game to the literature
I am not a huge tolkien nerd but I've heard people say it both poops all over the lore and others say it's pretty good LOTR fanfiction. There are certain things that people like to raise eyebrows about (like the Rune-Keeper straight up casting lightning bolts when the Loremaster, a kind of combat-alchemist was already stretching it a bit).
>does it borrow heavily from the Peter Jackson films (not that I think the movies are bad but they do take liberties)?
I would say the films are the primary influence, which IMO you can see in the artstyle and music. There are a lot of things that weren't featured in the films that show up too, though.
>How much of the world of Middle Earth is available and when does the game take place?
Pic related is the world map. It's pretty expansive though is still obviously not to scale, this ain't Daggerfall or anything. The major areas are Eriador, Moria, Rhovanion, Rohan, Gondor, Mordor and Gundabad at the moment.
As for when it takes place, it's mostly centered around Frodo's quest. Not sure if it's spoilers, but: The majority of the game is leading up to the destruction of the ring, though the last few expansions take place afterwards.
>For a first time player which will be the best class/race to play?
Race doesn't really matter, so whatever you prefer. The BEST race for a class has a 5% damage increase with a chosen weapon...Which with the way things are calculated ends up being ~1.5% or something. Recommended class for beginner is definitely Hunter because it's piss easy and gets teleports, which is nice. Champion is also nice and simple with big damage. Most of them aren't too bad, Warden is probably the most "advanced" class but can also be fun. If you're playing with your brother primarily, making one that can tank and one that can heal means you can probably duo most content intended for groups, at least at the most basic tier.
>>
>>574262
Thank you for the response, I'll try it out on the weekend.
>>
/v/ used to have a kinship called 'No Merriment Allowed" back in like 2013. I loved it - it was fun.
I recently picked it back up again - it' a neat world. The player base is older, too - no faggotry BRs or 13-year-olds. Interesting classes and races, too.

I'm Thelderth on Crickhollow, if any wants a friend in Middle Earth.
>>
>>574204
I've got a few characters on Brandywine too, but I mostly play on Landroval.
>>574845
Damn, too bad I missed that. The NFA guilds are always fun until they inevitably melt away.
>>
>>568471
N O S T A L G I A
forming an improptu band in bree in the rain
good roleplay shit
>>
>>574845
I'm gonna make a character on Crickhollow Anon, I'll shoot you a message.
>>
Post some screenshots bros
I need that scenery
>>
File: argon_55.png (2.34 MB, 1221x1057)
2.34 MB
2.34 MB PNG
>>575266
The argonath
>>
File: twrMOON55.png (1.32 MB, 1293x1063)
1.32 MB
1.32 MB PNG
>>575266
Tower of the Moon, out for a walk with Mithrandir
>>
File: gron_br55.png (1.75 MB, 1321x1047)
1.75 MB
1.75 MB PNG
>>575266
Found grond's sister ram in Mordor garage
>>
>>575266
Eowyn's handmaiden, rubbin' up
>>
File: breeunderbreehill.jpg (484 KB, 1920x1080)
484 KB
484 KB JPG
>>575266
A nice view of Bree from the edge of the barrow downs
>>
File: halfelf_stepOne.png (781 KB, 834x679)
781 KB
781 KB PNG
>>575266
about the make a half-elf with a lonely Minas Tirith housewife
>>
File: ltBD_55.png (884 KB, 807x723)
884 KB
884 KB PNG
>>575266
Lt of Barad Dur, not that I had the authority to treat with him but there he is none the less
>>
File: theabyss_55.png (1.27 MB, 1245x1007)
1.27 MB
1.27 MB PNG
>>575266
You may pass. the edge of ered ruin
>>
File: baraddurchair_55.png (1.33 MB, 1127x1079)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB PNG
>>575292
the throne of the eye, I simply walked into Mordor.
>>
>>575266
>>
When is the update? I'm also torn began hobbit and dwarf, wanted to try playing burglar because I like rogue classes but dwarf's don't get that.
>>
>>575536
I think the new dwarf type can be a burglar. Stone axe or whatever it is
>>
>>575536
"Late April" sometime, that's all we know yet.
>>575575
Is right (stout axe) but that's one of the paid races. I think even after the update it won't be free yet since it was the latest one added.
>>
>>575575
>>575661
Ah okay, don't think I'll be paying for a race just for the aesthetic.
>>
>>
>>564242
>It's enough work as it is to add 30 new recipes per craft every time the level cap goes up!
>they're STILL fixing bugs in the crafting from when they just copypasted the new recipes in and added belt buckles
fucking lol
>>
corsairs plunder central Gondor
>>
File: 1231231412414.jpg (880 KB, 1892x1386)
880 KB
880 KB JPG
playing through the shire as a hobbit shirriff
>>
File: av.jpg (486 KB, 2545x1440)
486 KB
486 KB JPG
I think almost every location mentioned in the hobbit & LOTR trilogy books is in this game which is pretty neat.
>>
>>575266
>>
>>581965
Beautiful
>>
I wanna make LOTR my next MMO, that or TES:O after I make my way through FFXIV's MSQ.
Not even to RP or anything but just to be immersed in the world. I hope it's not too grindy.
>>
Hey, guys.
I've played LOTRO many years ago, I believe before even the first expansion, but I don't remember much, to be honest - I only remember it was a generally fun MMO.
I'm thinking of returning to it, as I've got some nostalgia over the genre. So, what's your opinion: is it a good idea? or am I going to get surprised in a bad way?
>inb4 MMOs are ded
>inb4 LOTRO is even deder
>>
>>583459
>too grindy
Not until endgame shit. Or if you worry about virtues and deeds which are 100% grind. If all you want to do is follow along the MSQ and do side quests, you're gonna be okay.
>>583663
LOTRO is, in fact, pretty ded. But general chat helps keep it alive.
>am I going to be surprised?
Probably, power creep hit the game like a truck. I have distinctive memories of getting fucked by pulling two bears as a burglar at low levels once, now you one shot them. The old trait system is gone and you have something more like WoW-wotlk talent trees.
>>
Where are people playing? can we throw together a kinship? I've seen some interest in /v/ and /vg/ recently too.
>>
>>583800
Seems scattered, but just pick somewhere and I wouldn't mind joining in myself. Alts are fun.
>>
>>583800
I'm waiting for the more free stuff patch to dive back in but will be starting something new. I now demand you have a /v*/ guild up and going by the time I create a new character or BY GOLLY you will not have a good time!
>>
bump
>>
Can I behead Tom Bombadil in this game? Otherwise I'm not interested.
>>
Update 33 tomorrow. If you have any ftp lads gathering dust they can move out of the lone lands! New trollshaws content oh glory can't wait for that. Maybe we can get a travel point every 20 feet now? I'm about 30% excited about this
>>
Reinstalling now. What guild are we joining?
>>
Update 33, for anyone new or retuning, all content up to lvl 95 is free to play. This is a huge step up for free players. Tons of content to get into. Make a few alts and try out different play styles. Warden is fun to master if you have played other classes. I think high elf is free now as well. New opening sequence but I have to say doing it more than once is tiresome.
>>
>>586591
Starting a new kinship may not be so great.
Any /vm/ lads want to join my rank 10 kin you are welcome. On landroval
>>
>>586616
new opening sequence for high elves feels like aids-o-rama but you start at level 5 so it ends up being faster than the normal ones
>>
>>586619
>join my mule kinship
cringe, just make a new one
>>
>>586643
You probably suck anyway and would never shut up in chat. Good luck with your 'newkinship'
>>
>>586737
Lol this lmfao imagine pepegas chatting fr kekz cringe.
>>
>>586737
1) Is the name better than No Fun Allowed or something appropriate?
2) Would we be allowed to use the Kinship storage?
3) Explain how using an old kinship would be better. We aren't going to have 1300 members and earning the housing is part of the adventure of a new group.
>>
>>562948
sorry bro
servers are kill
>>
But does it have parkour?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFXUYl2ljqI
>>
>>588066
>still down
Wow, they really fucked something up.
>>588080
EQ dwarf jumping is SOUL, but LOTRO Dwarves do get a custom /roar.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HH-2DlLX7co
>>
Hah, so I guess I missed nothing by only playing every few days. It's open now.
>You do not have enough room to do that.
Holy crap the inventory explosion in your pants from all the freebies. I really hate slot-limited inventory games.
>>
File: shit.png (153 KB, 557x229)
153 KB
153 KB PNG
>>588315
>Holy crap the inventory explosion in your pants from all the freebies. I really hate slot-limited inventory games.
Thank fuck the premium wallet is no longer a premium feature. There's still way too much shit in this game in general and not enough space, but they have to shekel you somehow on an F2P game.
>log into a brand new character
>see this
>>
>>588534
So you have to pay real money for a bigger bag?
>>
why am I a fucking bear
>>
>>588864
>why am I a fucking bear
I know you probably didn't think there was one, but we could all hear the big pause and that is why.
>>
File: 20220422081300_1.jpg (728 KB, 1920x1080)
728 KB
728 KB JPG
Just started again
>>
>>588807
You have to pay lotro points for bag upgrades yes. You can get them from deeds or dish. You can upgrade your bank and housing storage for gold to a point but eventually the hand comes out.
>>
what server do i join?
>>
is this a good game if i need a mindless grinder-loot skinnerbox to chill out my brain after some complicated programming work?
>>
>>589057
Arkenstone is most populated NA, Evernight for EU.
>>
>>589078
Sure, the pace is pretty slow and it’s got a relaxing sort of atmosphere to it. Lots of optional grindan objectives on the side. Most of the classes are pretty simple.
>>
Luey7 seems to know quite a lot about this game. But I can't stand listening to him more than 1 minute. Any other good LOTRO youtuber ?
>>
do i need to create an account when i play it via steam or does it connect to my steam account?
>>
>>589134
I am pretty sure you need the separate account, as far as I know Steam just launches the LOTRO launcher.
>>589089
My "favorite" part is how he uses the ingame character models to do the soiface for the video thumbnails. I am honestly not sure I see anyone else putting out the same pace of content. Andang and Zogog have slightly less stranglable voices but they don't output the same type or frequency of stuff.
>>
>game has max level boost
not playing that shit. i know it's widely accepted now in all mmorpgs to have it but i refuse to support this.
go fuck off
>>
File: ack.png (124 KB, 680x680)
124 KB
124 KB PNG
>>589160
the boosts are only to 130 out of 140
but yes them existing at all is bullshit
>>
>>589180
>they've only had 140 for a few months now
>they still have 105 boosts from when that was the top level
Expect them to make a 150 or 160 boost instead someday.
>>
>>589191
while I absolutely won't underestimate their ability to continue to make terrible P2W cash shop decisions, nor would I suggest that this somehow absolves them of having boosts in the first place, the boosts to the old max level were always released when the level cap was raised, rather than when it was the current cap
that's why all of them also move you to the quest giver that starts the next expansion
>>
So the free collectors edition unlocks don't include the actual content I'm guessing? Just the cosmetics?
>>
>>589213
they do include the content as well
>>
>>589215
Oh shit, very nice. Is it per character or account wide?
>>
how does itemization work in this game, i keep killing low level mobs but they only drop trophys not weapons/gear
>>
>>589218
they are account unlocks but it's a mix
boosts that come with the CE are one character, given to whoever you log in with first, though they can be given to alts through account storage/housing storage, which is server restricted
cosmetics and content are for all characters and all servers
>>589224
you can randomly find gear, but what you get is of course random
most of your equipment will come from quests or dungeons
if you craft, you can keep your equipment up to date as well
when you get to level 20 and can do skirmishes, barterers at skirmish camps (try SE of Bree, for example) will trade gear for all slots for marks you get from grindan skirmishes to patch in holes though it is much worse than crafted gear
>>
>>589228
can you get ultra rare drops from killing random mobs or is it "solve quests to get the gear"? also can you improve gear with sockets or so?
>>
>>589228
Gotcha I understand. Not planning on using the boost but getting the extra paid content is pretty rad.
>>
>>589230
I am pretty sure mobs have a chance to drop decent gear but it's pretty inconsistent, aside from the drop chance the stats are randomized
there are 'rare spawn' mobs that drop shards crafters can use to make some quality equipment too
gear around the level 100 range starts having sockets you can put essences in to customize the stats, but it's more replacing stats that would have been on it otherwise than an additional way to level up gear you already have
>>589232
between this patch and the last one the F2P restrictions have been lifted enough to make me not think this game is trying to kill itself anymore, the free CEs are a really nice bonus to that while they last
>>
File: v1Thv9J.jpg (206 KB, 1920x1080)
206 KB
206 KB JPG
>>562948
>Play LOTRO ffs
Ok
>>
>>589237
Oh yeah I wanted to ask how would you access the newer content if F2P is capped at 95? Would I have to sub or does having the content give me those levels?
>>
File: 1649320503799.png (62 KB, 500x497)
62 KB
62 KB PNG
>read anniversary gift stuff
>only one character gets all of it
>afraid of logging in on any character
>stare at character list and wonder which freshly created character to log in on
>>
>>589276
This anon said the cosmetics are account wide just the boosts you only get one of. >>589228
>>
>>589277
true but if the boost goes to a character that sucks im going to need a new email address to get a new boost
>>
File: think.png (246 KB, 360x360)
246 KB
246 KB PNG
>>589273
okay, this one I'm not sure on - but I believe that levels were never F2P capped, rather you just didn't have content past those levels so you were 'softlocked' at them
with everything being given away right now, you're good through 130, rather than 95, at least I assume - my account already has everything unlocked but I can make a new one to test later
>>589280
until you open the boost pack, you can trade it to an alt or store it and be paralyzed with indecision like how I usually handle them
the only restriction is that it'll be limited to the SERVER you receive it on

also something to keep in mind for boostfags
>there's a title for getting to level 5, 10, 13, 17 and 20 without dying
>if you die before any of those levels, you don't get the titles you didn't reach
>if you boost before any of those levels, you don't get the titles you didn't reach
>>
>>589306
Man if it ends up being true getting to 130 as a f2p is insane.
>>
>>589280
The boosts come in account-bound items. It should only be a problem if you have characters on different servers.
>>589313
As long as you grind all the seasonal events every day they happen, including ale delivery runs, you can get at least half a level a day. I reached 120 cap this way, then had to wait a few weeks for the next event after 130 cap hit. The main problem was that f2p didn't get any quests beyond level 30-something, and nothing but quests can keep up with the exp curve.
Once the first covid summer quest packs sale happened, f2p could actually do something.
>>
>>589313
what's insane to me is how the game lasted this long with the old F2P model
it along with DDO were some of the first big "MMO going F2P" success stories but the old system they had being profitable this long was mostly due to being an MMO boomer retirement home and not any new blood
I guess it has an established IP to survive on and did a good job of making a fun world out of the source material but it was so dire even as much as I liked the game on and off I could never recommend it to anyone
>>
Where the FUCK is the Vault in the Shire??????????????????
>>
>>589342
Michel Delving at the Mayor's house. It's a hobbit standing in that general area outside.
>>
File: 563653653.jpg (39 KB, 408x354)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>this is a 10 in shireland
>>
>>562948
Alright, I'm doing it.
Good lord, this high res texture download through the launcher takes forever.
>>
File: 1650476723419.png (140 KB, 538x278)
140 KB
140 KB PNG
Holy shit the Shire is a fucking maze I'm so lost
>>
last time i tried this game i ended up bouncing off the convoluted payment model where i had to buy 20 different expansions and quest packs and qol upgrades and shit. i heard they just made the f2p experience a lot better, is that stuff gone now?
>>
>>589375
ZAMN
>>
>>589398
For the most part. Between the last two updates, the following is now free:
>ALL trait slots, class, race, virtue
>premium wallet
>gold cap
>all instances and zones below level 95 (except the most recent ones)
>all classes besides brawler
>beorning and high elf races
So what's NOT still free is:
>the two newest sub-50 zones, which aren't worth it
>content above level 95
>stout axe race
>brawler class
>all bag slots
>riding skill
>swift travel routes (fast travel, but instant, and more connecting zones - normal fast travel is always available)
The content above 95 (stopping at the newest shit, Gundabad) is being given away right now. This also includes the Stout-axes.
>>589386
I miss the old maps. They were clearer and more SOULful.
>>
>>589398
The past two years, late in summer, they've offered a lot of older quest packs for a small amount of LP. In particular there is one that unlocked all mid-level content, and including the relatively new Wildwood area.
IIRC, this month marks unlocking a lot of mid-level content without having to wait for summer. So you should be okay.
They also did away with the stupid premium wallet thing, and the noob currency caps.
>>
How do you unlock the stout-axes they were still locked for me.
>>
>>589439
They should come with the collector's edition of Minas Morgul. I think you need to be level 2 to get it, so unintuitively you would have to create a character first, level it to 2 (which should be pretty fast, but still), then you would have access to making Stout-axes.
>>
>>589455
Ah alright.
>>
>minstrel ballads have different sound effects for different instruments
Fuck I gotta get the bagpipes asap
>>
>open gift boxes at lvl 2
>got like 3 mounts and some starlight horse thing too
opening all of them on one character was a mistake i assume
>>
>>589455
>collector's edition of Minas Morgul
are they giving that for free?
>>
>>589637
It was probably a mistake for your bagspace to open them all, but mounts/cosmetic items you'll get on every character you make.
>>
Does using the boost complete the quests up to that level or can I boost and then just go through the main quests anyway?
>>
>>589644
Yes, until May 11th.
>>589652
I thought it didn't complete any quests, but from a quick google it sounds like the ones above 50 will completes two that are part of the introduction to legendary items, probably to flag you so you can use them without issue. I am not sure if this does anything to interrupt the quest line it's a part of I doubt it but who the fuck knows with this game which is at the entrance to Moria. The only other thing it completes are some deeds that award trait points.
>>
>>562948
My game doesnt fucking look like that, i made a retarded hobbit and he looks deformed as hell
>>
>>589700
Did you turn on the DX11 renderer? Could also just be a newer zone or something idk.
>>
Bought VIP for a single month. Not renewing it, but I appreciate their faithfulness to the source material compared to other Tolkien games. Also a big fan of their new business model to make more things free.
>>
Good Vocation for Minstrels? I was thinking either Explorer or Historian.
>>
>>589830
that one month sub it's pretty much essential to play lotro, just like it was before the monetization revamp
the inventory slots and fast travel are a must have to enjoy a game focused on questing and exploring
>>
>>589875
If it's your first character, explorer is an easy pick. You get access to mining and forestry, which means you can harvest everything you come across except historian stuff, and can make your own armor. Then you can either sell the ores or save them to feed another alt's professions. The only real downside is that you can't track both ore and wood at the same time. And if you don't have good tools, gathering can feel very slow, AND you have to switch tools between nodes. Get a metalsmith to make you a basic bitch explorer tool to solve the latter immediately and consider using Lotro Points you get on a multitool eventually.
>>
>>590043
Okay thanks, I'll go with Explorer then.
>>
I picked champion, did I fuck up?
>>
>>590690
Nah champ is great, it shits out huge damage with no effort.

I on the other hand made a Guardian, like I do every time I come back to this game, and while it's my favorite I have the nagging feeling I should be trying something new.
>>
>>590699
But will I be able to do things by myself? I heard people recommending captain for that
>>
>can't even bring myself to open the game even though I want to
dammit
>>
are there any good addons for this game? particularly interested in ones that make the UI less terrible
>>
>>590705
I guess that depends on what you mean. Captains will definitely solo content meant for groups better than a champ, because they have very decent self/group healing even when not in their healing role. Champs will BTFO mobs to a point but if they can't burst the target down before it can kill them, then they can try to outlast them in their tank tree. Which isn't bad either, and you can definitely solo a good amount of group content like that, but I expect a Captain would be better for it. I imagine any overworld content made for groups is no problem for most classes, I did it leveling a brawler last time and they've been buffed every patch since because they were/are shit.
>>
So do you just auto-learn your skills now? Are the trainers just ancient holdovers like WoW?
>>
>got some home quests in bree
>explore rohan home
>click some barrel
>teleport to a fucking lvl 115 area as a lvl 16 character
>get instantly killed
rip that lvl 20 without deaths title
now there is no reason not to pop one of those boosts to 50 105 or 120 right?
does this mean i can boost 3 different characters to those levels since there are 3 different boost packs?
>>
Riding is still behind the shop huh? Figured they'd throw that in as well but I guess that's maybe too lucrative to let people just have.
>>
>>590909
If you can't scrape up 95 LP just from deeds, you might as well go home. But for the faster riding speeds they definitely rub their hands. Deluxe wallet was even more hand rubby, and I'm glad they got rid of that shit.
>>
File: rotk0173.jpg (32 KB, 240x101)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>581838
>didn't forget hiding shoes
You're well and truly going on an adventure, Sir Hobbit.
>>
>>590767
pretty much, or if you want to look up future skills in your leveling
some sell class thingies too, I think
>>
>>590721
>https://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info967-TitanBar.html
Is pretty much a must for me, when I jump back in after a year or two.
Lots of QOL features you just can't do without, once its properly configured.

Feel free to look around some more.
There's still plenty of recent activity on that site.
Which is always heartening to see.
>>
>>590795
There are limited release furniture items that can do random or semi-random teleports all over the place. There is also another one out there which is a mysterious door that can send you to Mordor.
But here's a fun thing to try WITH NO SPECIAL ITEMS NEEDED:
>find the dwarf "stable master" in the middle of Bree
>take his swift travel to Erebor
>go through the door behind you
>find the dorf throne room
>click on guy just inside the door of the throne room
>get simply teleported to the middle of Mordor
>>
File: Retrogaming.jpg (57 KB, 604x453)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>581965
Been watching WOW on streamers, due to the expansion hype.
It still looks like a retarded dogshit kiddie game to me.
With TOO much quasi furry shit in it.

Why did LOTRO never manage to capture these dumbasses and claim its rightful place?
>>
>>590992
because it isn't a retarded dog shit kiddie game full of quasi furry shit
>>
>>590998
Guess inadvertently I did make it a rhetorical question.
>>
File: 1633724669669.jpg (683 KB, 1920x1080)
683 KB
683 KB JPG
>>
>>590992
>Why did LOTRO never manage to capture these dumbasses and claim its rightful place?
Honestly, it's a WoW clone that released in a sea of them and has had major issues for its entire lifetime. It's survived to this day mostly because of its IP. It evolved around its own niche audience rather than just what WoW was doing, which is something.
>>
I only got the lvl 50 boost item. How do I get the other two?
>>
>>591098
i had one inside mordor gift box and another inside three peaks i think
>>
>>591098
get to level 2, when you get the CEs you will get them
if you had already bought the CEs in the past, you don't get another one
>>
>>590957
Oh no I still have enough LP since this is an older account I just think it's funny. I don't actually mind the deed grind stuff for LP and other bonuses it was a decent incentive to grind.
>>
The DX11 api makes the game look pretty good now I'm honestly surprised.
>>
>>591271
Only thing you MUST make sure is that the game resides on the SSD.
The horrible micro stutter when playing from HD is probably why it could never compete with WOW, back before SSD times.
>>
>>591314
Oh yeah it's on my SSD I haven't noticed any micro-stuttering. Game runs pretty well at max honestly.
>>
I just made my first character but want to remake it. Will I lose the 15 year anniversary box if I do that? I noticed it says it goes to the first character you log in with.
>>
>Made two characters
>Used the boost on one
I have no idea what is going on or what Im doing
>>
>>591339
It goes to the first character you log in with, yes. It should be bound to account, meaning you can trade it between characters using account storage, mail or housing storage.
>remake it
How much do you want to redo? You can recustomize your looks ingame for ingame currency, just not race/sex/name.
>>
>>591361
I was deciding between two different origins for how I wanted the character to look, and when I logged in I realized I should have gone with the other one. I was wondering if I deleted the character and had nothing on my account, if it would give me a new box for the next character I made.
>>
>>591380
Yeah, I doubt it. I forgot that shared storage slots are paid and not everyone has a house, so your best bet is sending it by mail. If you want the same name then that means going through the intro another two times so you can mail it to the temp guy and then mail it back. Have fun with that. :^)
>>
>>591380
Yeah, not likely. Start a second char the way you want him to look (too bad about the name that wasn't previously taken), then mail shit over and then don't touch it. You might even later decide you want both.
>>
File: 453734573457.jpg (70 KB, 600x600)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>sent my mount token to hobbit burglar
>absolutely hate the low angled camera when playing as a manlet
>have to play through the entire intro area to get access to a mailbox to send it back
>>
>>591403
>>591410
Thanks for the response. It's unfortunate but I guess it gives me a reason to try out another class before remaking.
>>
File: 1645181447686.jpg (10 KB, 349x314)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>591425
update
the token was consumed by my fat hobbit and now it cost me 10 coins to get riding on my new burglar
>>
>>591425
>>591456
>hates on hobbits
>gets btfo
get wrecked tallfag
>>
AHHH FUCK I'M GOING WITH WARDEN
HOBBIT OR ELF I CAN'T CHOOSE
>>
>>591456
Pocket Princes win again.
>>
I don't think the dwarf shout is unique to minstrels but I really love the idea of a dwarf yelling so loud his cacophonous voice ruptures the blood vessels in a goblin's head.
>>
>>591501
They're probably shared between classes.
I know the high elves have two custom shouts, "Gurth an gorthrim!" (Death to foes!) and "Enyalië Veleriandë" ("For the memory of Beleriand"). Both are used for most classes with shouts.
That's a little thing but those racial shouts are great for immersion.
>>
>>591509
Yeah it's pretty nice.
>>
>>591501
They're not unique to Minstrels, but I think that's the only dwarf class who can use them to hurt enemies, since everyone else just shouts for taunts/etc. Being able to kill mobs by yelling at them really hard is one of the best parts of the "morale" system.
>>
>>591487
>>591496
turns out there is also a riding skill that comes with the level boosts so it was a waste of 10 coins too
>>
File: rouge.png (34 KB, 615x31)
34 KB
34 KB PNG
wew lad
>it's true
>>
>>591572
UOOOOOH GALADRIEL'S GALADRIELS
>>
File: kanna.jpg (28 KB, 495x496)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>591490
>make the warden
>get to level 10 and go to sleep
>wake up and already thinking of alts instead
>>
kino
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTGNYlvuroo&ab_channel=MiniExpBounder
>>
Fuck me the ambience for areas with undead in it is amazing.
>>
Boost a Captain to lvl 120, use the same DPS enchantment for 2handed sword and banner, game says they cant be equiped at the same time. FUCK!
>>
File: 1633834598169.jpg (78 KB, 924x533)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>create rune keeper out of interest
>in the starting areas around lvl 10
>go for lightning skills and a couple of points into yellow
>deal literally no damage
>wonder how this garbage is even a class
>try fire skills from the red tree
>damage output tripled
>>
>>592377
You need to learn what "unique" means.
>>
>>592434
Lightning is generally less damage, but it can be used while moving which feels a bit better to me. >>592377
Equip your legendaries while you're slotting them and it won't let you double up on things you can't stack, which I think is just word of power/mastery.
>>
File: redhornlodes.jpg (318 KB, 2559x1440)
318 KB
318 KB JPG
>>
Bree land...Home.
>>
Will I eventually start getting instruments with stats on them through quests? I didn't realize Woodsman let you craft them and I'm kind of tempted to switch over on my minstrel.
>>
>>592693
>Will I eventually start getting instruments with stats on them through quests?
I haven't leveled a minstrel past 40 or so, but I don't remember seeing any at all on the way up while playing other classes. There may be places you can barter for them.
>I didn't realize Woodsman let you craft them and I'm kind of tempted to switch over on my minstrel.
Are you that anon that went with explorer? If you are, consider that you're able to harvest wood and don't actually use it for anything because tailoring just uses the hides. You could just dump wood on someone (or on an alt) to get them to make one for you. That said, a minstrel carving their own instruments is pretty kino, so really go with what you like.
>>
>>592716
>You could just dump wood on someone (or on an alt) to get them to make one for you.
Also to be less help, I should note the opposite is true too; If you go with woodworker, you aren't using your hides yourself and could try getting someone else to make you armor. Both get the crit materials from wood so either way you'll find plenty.
>>
>>592527
>Equip your legendaries while you're slotting them and it won't let you double up on things you can't stack, which I think is just word of power/mastery.
How do I remove/disenchant them ? How do I get new ones?
>>
>>592738
>How do I remove/disenchant them?
You can replace traceries just by dragging a new one over the old one. The enhancement runes you dumped on that slot stay the same, which is nice.
>How do I get new ones?
Drops from instances, from the LI reward track, or Antient Scripts. The scripts you can spend in the "Archive of Traceries", Last Homely House in Rivendell, 1st floor up, north side of the building. If you want to completely redo/buy additional LIs (different weapon type, have a spare for a second build, etc) you can do that there too.
>>
>>592716
Yeah that's me
>>
>get to 20 on my captain
>hmmm today I think I will be overpowered
>solo the maze
>>
>queue into anniversary event
>talk to gandalf
>some random elf is talking to me
>half orcs attack me
Is this a bug?
>>
>>593044
Nevermind it's part of the event I didn't realize.
>>
>>592977
I got thadur and sambrog down too
I know it's just level 20 and I got the power of HoTs on my side but feels good man
I can't believe how much they nerfed the SHIT out of these instances
>>
Didn't realize the 15 year gift box gave free riding skill based now I can save my meager LP for something else.
>>
File: Pipeweed.jpg (423 KB, 1920x1080)
423 KB
423 KB JPG
>*hits pipe*
>"I hate Goblins so much it's unreal"
>>
>>593044
>>593045
The instance feels a little rushed to me. But basically you're hauling fireworks with various quest people who then reminisce about their previous involvement with you which, purely for the purpose of giving you something to fight, summons those figments as a recollection of battles past.
>>
File: 4b1.png (344 KB, 1125x765)
344 KB
344 KB PNG
>>593155
simple as
>>
are wardens fun?
>>
>>593600
Fuck yes. Very unique class as far as this game and MMOs in general goes. Lots of buttons being mashed thanks to the gambit system. It's very fast paced thanks to that too and all the abilities being on short GCDs. Once you unlock the mastery abilities at 21 it goes full big brain finger twister mode. The abilities they get are great for kiting huge swarms of assholes too, and can even switch between melee/range stance on the fly.

That said there are some drawbacks...Lag really fucks you because of how many buttons you're supposed to be pressing. Lots of ramp up and buff/debuff stacking through many different gambits to be very effective. This also makes them kind of squishy tanks for very high level content, or so I've heard. And aforementioned finger twister is a whole lot of effort compared to the other classes.
>>
Is blue line captain good if I'm going to be co-oping with a friend? he's going red line guardian
>>
>>593695
captain goes good with everything, you'll be alright
>>
File: wight.png (62 KB, 492x154)
62 KB
62 KB PNG
I wonder if this will get my account suspended
>>
>>593721
From what I can tell the world chat is full of actual 30+ year old boomers so I don't think anyone will care.
>>
>>562948
i tried to get into this... i really tried
felt like i was playing a single player game, what players i did encounter were afk or mindlessly traveling to another location
heard they were making a big update for the new amazon series so might try again then
>>
File: 1649037195402.png (2.34 MB, 1080x1350)
2.34 MB
2.34 MB PNG
What's more fun between Runekeeper and Loremaster?
>>
So since I got my small crafting carry-all from the free xpac giveaway, what should carry-all should I claim from the anniversary selection box? I was thinking the task one since you just fall over piles of them.
>>
>>593695
All line captains are good with all things always.
>>
>>593961
I'd go with the task one personally, all my characters that do not have one miss having one..
>>
>>593968
Yeah that seems the best choice honestly.
>>
>>593961
I went with furniture because I'm a packrat about that shit, even though I hate how it works with a slot-limited inventory system. lotro is NOT the game I want to "play house" with, It's even kind of ass compared to what I'm used to, with that gay-ass peg placement.
One thing I found out is that the furniture bag will stack multiples of the same kind of item that won't otherwise stack in inventory/storage.
But I've already done more than enough task crap. If I hadn't aleady been playing so long, I would have gone for the task items bag.
>>
>>593961
For me,it's crafting. Most of the other stuff you don't get nearly as much of as crafting materials, and I hoard those jealously.
>>593968
Task bag makes no sense to me. Just turn in your 5 (keeping one stack of 50) and sell the rest. There are vendors every 5 inches.
>>
Runekeepers shoot fire and lightning from their hands and do higher, faster paced DPS out of the 2 and they also have a strong healing spec.

Loremasters are more like a Gandalf/Radagast style wizard with staves and nature based attacks plus they summon familiars. Their DPS is decent but their main strength is in debuffing/buffing and CC.
>>
>>594066
fuck meant to reply to>>593928
>>
>>593721
Got a hearty chuckle in Bree chat, last time I was on and posted
>back, finally I can go kill southerners again
>>
Well I went with the task carry-all since I'm a filthy f2p with only the three bags, so it's actually nice not having to run back to town every 10 minutes when doing quests.
>>
My favorite quests are definitely ones that involve going to interior locations and just clearing through them from top to bottom. Maybe that's why I like Moria so much too, but sweeping through dungeons is fun.
>>
File: k40nmhnzj9w81.jpg (798 KB, 2560x1440)
798 KB
798 KB JPG
>>
File: 5i0dxlrzj9w81.jpg (471 KB, 2560x1440)
471 KB
471 KB JPG
>>
File: hkm26e70k9w81.jpg (656 KB, 2560x1440)
656 KB
656 KB JPG
>>
>>594503
>>594504
>>594507
Peak sovl, looking forward to wander through the shire toward Bree once I'm done with the main quest in Ered Luin.
>>
File: file.png (2.94 MB, 1600x1027)
2.94 MB
2.94 MB PNG
>'Here is the heart of Elvendom on earth', Aragorn said, 'and here my heart dwells ever, unless there be a light beyond the dark roads that we still must tread, you and I. Come with me!' And taking Frodo's hand in his, he left the hill of Cerin Amroth and came there never again as living man.
>>
May as well post a few things from my own wandering on Landroval.
>>
>>594524
>>
For anyone unaware, there's a daily in Bree called "Lost Invitations" - you can get it around the fountain area at one of the stalls near all the festive stuff. When you open the envelopes, there's a chance to get one of the GOAT emotes. So make sure you're hitting that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZYgMO0KMiw
>>
>Pick this up
>Have fun
>See you need to buy the ability to ride mounts
>That's fucking bullshit but no way am I travelling this huge world on foot
>Buy LOTRO points
>Twenty levels later I'm sorting my inventory
>Finally opening the fifty fucking gift boxes they throw at you
>One of them gives the riding skill for free
I'm so fucking mad because I'm fucking retarded fuck and that was the first time I've spent money on microtransactions fuck fuck fuck
>>
>>594700
>Buy LOTRO points
Sane man's choice.

>I'm so fucking mad because I'm fucking retarded fuck and that was the first time I've spent money on microtransactions fuck fuck fuck
If you hate yourself, you can acquire 99% of the game contents by gridind Deeds that reward Lotro. I used to grind Ered Luin every day with new alt to be able to unlock more stuff.

Press Ctrl + L and see what you did not do.
https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Ered_Luin_Deeds

You also grind deeds for Virtue experience, Reputation and Marks (Skirmish currency)
>>
File: Yondershire.jpg (751 KB, 1920x1080)
751 KB
751 KB JPG
I gotta say it's pretty great that they got rid of the loading screen between Ered Luin and the Shire, having an unbroken travel experience is peak LotR.
>>
>>594810
I almost died after taking this since I was tabbed out thankfully I tabbed in in time would have lost my chance at the Undying title.
>>
Started LotRO. When does it become an MMO?
>>
>>594825
at endgame you might get the chance to actually group up with other people, but the raids themselves are apparently laughably easy
>>
>>594833
nvm I've already uninstalled. it's so boring
>>
>>594700
If it's any consolation, the free riding from the 15 year box can be traded to another one of your characters. Just don't open any "_ of the Valar" unless you're going to use it (and the riding skill in there is character bound).
>>
Did they make riding skill free for everyone now? I can't find it on the lotro store.

How do I get it?
>>
>>594965
The 15 year anniversary gift boxes have riding in them. For one character. The boosts they sent have it too. Otherwise, no, it’s still paid.
>>
>>595007
>Otherwise, no, it’s still paid.
the fuck? i literally cannot find it in the store lol
only the bundles that cost over 1000 points.
>>
>>595013
should be one near the very bottom of the riding skill tab of shit for like 90 something points.
>>
>>595013
It's not on the store if you already have it. If you opened the 15 year package it might have auto-consumed riding and given it to you already?
>>
>>595045
I don't have the skill on my skill list.
>>
>>595049
Are you looking under passive skills? Riding is passive, then you eat mounts to gain them in a mount tab on the skill list. Not that I'm ruling out LOTRO fucking something up, of course...Just not sure why it wouldn't show up on the store otherwise. I checked my alts that haven't gotten it yet and it's still there for me.
>>
>>595057
I'm a retard, the skill was at the very bottom and I just didn't notice. Apparently I claimed it like 2 years ago when I first created this character lol.
>>
How good is a spearman class? Last time i played years ago, that gambit system was strange and... well, strange and not exactly enticing. Dropped the game.
>>
Is this game actually fun to play or is it one of those games where you just speedrun through menial irrelevant shit so you can get to "le good part"
>>
>>595260
It's ostensibly a wow clone but what I've played so far is fun and the story beats it's setting up seem interesting. The game seems to want to lean on zone presentation and letting you see all the major landmarks since it's supposed to be a fully realized middle-earth.
>>
>>595229
They're pretty good, and pretty unique to the point I'd have a hard time suggesting an alternative that plays much like them. But Gambits haven't changed much, so if you didn't like it then you might not like it now. Guardians are a much more simple type of shield class, and probably my favorite.
>>595260
>Is this game actually fun to play
I guess it depends on what you're looking for. If you want to walk around a 2000s era MMO depiction of middle earth it's pretty nice. If you want a PvE dungeon simulator, the game doesn't really have the populations or system to support it until endgame. And even then it's grindy. If you want something challenging the only way to really get it in this game is to make it yourself by taking on things meant for higher levels/more people.
>>
>>595260
No, the game itself is a train wreck in almost every aspect.

Its saving grace is the environmental art direction which makes looking at locations really enjoyable.

Has some sweet tunes too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uzk69wNrtoE
>>
>>594904
riding skill in valar boxes is not character bound
t: boosted a character i already gave riding to and was able to trade it just fine
>>
>>562948
What's the level time for a MMO vet? I'm following the chapter stories and doing the block quests in each are. Took my time up to level 20 on my champ in the Barrow Downs, but plan to zoom this weekend.

The old pop on this games says it takes 3-400 hundred hours and a literal year to level but I'm doubting that. Maybe there doing the deeds in all areas?
>>
File: Tschetschenen.jpg (124 KB, 958x766)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
>>595518
>a MMO vet
>plan to zoom this weekend
this might be the wrong game for you
>>
this thread has been up for how long? lmao bump regardless. love lotro, hunter ftw
>>
>>595518
Leveling in this game is pretty slow no matter how "good" you are at it (unless you pay to make ti faster :^)). That said I got from 20-26 in a day half assing it so I'm sure you could blow that out. War of the Three Peaks missions are dailies but if you do all 8 it's basically a free level a day for a long time as well.
>>
>>595518
I'm 1000 hours without a single toon above lvl 120.
>>
Bree-land... home.
>>
>>591339
i deleted my first character, remade a new one, and still got the gift boxes on level. same server too
>>
>>593121
it does? how do you activate it? hitting level 20?
>>
>>596079
No you just open it.
>>
Even on an SSD the game still chugs when it's trying to load in a new part of a zone, it's definitely quick but the frames basically halve until the game basically catches up with itself.
>>
Nice I got the toast emote from the envelope event quest.
>>
>>596218
My computer is pretty good but sometimes I'll load into a mission and it will be empty of mobs, and I can move around normally...But it's not actually empty, the mobs just haven't loaded in and will attack me before they're visible on my screen. Something is definitely fucked.
>>596375
Luckchads rise. I got it on my brawler, but all my newer characters are getting dicked by RNG still.
>>
oh man Lotro, This game was great when the main city was 21st Hall and up until Ost Dunhoth and then it started the slide when they went full horse retarded. I'd have really liked to get back into it but it's just too late now. Such a shame it went into shitmode.
>>
File: hahaha.jpg (207 KB, 789x1159)
207 KB
207 KB JPG
>playing brawler, tanking when trying to solo stuff
>know it's not great, but keep telling myself it isn't really that bad
>use one of those free boosts on my old guard I haven't played in awhile
>5 second CD on removing 4 debuffs at a time
>AOE stuns on a shorter CD than the debuff immunity (and it AoE interrupts even when they're stun immune)
>stun reversal is on 1/4 the CD and FMs the opponent
>heal on block
>passive defenses are so good I don't even need to use my ridiculously powerful defensive CDs when soloing things my brawler couldn't manage with all their tools
>mfw
>>
File: thonk.jpg (129 KB, 820x642)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
So if I progress the Ballad of Bingo Boffin past the shire I will lose access to the items there available for Bing Badges? The wiki just says once you hit a certain stage the vendor will move and the inventory changes.
>>
>>596690
>Unique rewards are available at it each location where Bert is found. However, he stays available at old locations so that rewards for those places always remains available.
>>
>>596705
Thank you I guess I missed that line.
>>
>>596457
Maybe with the new injection of players with the f2p updates they can work on their backend stuff.
>>
>>596970
That would be ideal, i fear however the aging back end is at the point where the weekly reboot isn't enough. Removing a few animations may help with some initial load but it seems like they don't have the development staff to fix even minor issues.
>>
>>597049
Wednesday after is playable, by Tuesday night the lag is intense and it's not ping, I keep the meter up and it's a steady 46
>>
>>597049
>>596970
They did say in that investor's meeting that they were trying to touch up the game a bit and get it ready for consoles, o lawd, which might mean more people getting put on the task. More than anything else I'd love to see the server issues get fixed, maybe some optimization, and definitely a UI revamp. I assume we'll get none of these things, of course.
>>
>>597052
>>597049
I'm gonna huff the copium because I'm an optimist.
>>
File: gullible.jpg (155 KB, 682x950)
155 KB
155 KB JPG
>>597073
I'm sorry, just, sorry.
>>
I haven't played a MMO in over a decade.
Is LOTRO really that good?
>>
>>597310
no
but if you haven't played one in over a decade it might at least feel familiar
>>
trollshaws is such a goddamn shit zone to level in
evendim is kino/5 then you get thrown into this dark forest with 10 layers of hills with exactly one access point to each so you run back and forth all the time
>>
File: Weapon.png (198 KB, 458x349)
198 KB
198 KB PNG
I can't really imagine lowbie BoEs are worth selling as a cosmetic item so I guess I'll hold onto this.
>>
>>597395
do misty mountains instead
>>
Finally I hit 20 and got my Undying title.
>>
>find Gandalf in The Prancing Pony
>"Ah would you like to help me on a quest :^)"
>"Sure Gandalf of course I wo-"
>instantly teleported to Rivendell
>no way to swift travel back to Bree
>Bree teleport is on cooldown
Fuck me I guess
>>
>>597662
im trying to do most of the quests in each area and im overleveling HARD
even skipped all the full fellowship dungeon quests and its still ridiculous im like 44 and just got done with trollshaws now heading to misty mountains
>>
So, this free stuff, will it revert back to normal after the event or just new players will have to buy the leveling zones/dungeons ?
>>
>>597976
you will keep everything you've gotten, any new players after the event will still get everything up to helms deep (lvl95) for free but they wont get mordor/minas morgul/three peaks for free.

also pro tip for new players: once you reach Angmar in the quests keep on the lookout for a backup weapon with Beleriand type damage if you're a melee class. There are certain wraith type enemies that will fuck you up because they reflect any damage type except beleriand, light, and lightning damage
>>
>>597889
now you know why everyone mistrusts wizards
>>
>>597889
>hobbits going into Gandalf's room at all hours
>they don't come out
sus
>>
>48 and a half
>have not entered angmar or eregion at all yet
wew lads im going to moria at 55 or something at this rate
>>
>>598097
If you want a real challenge, try to avoid Moria. On one of my alts, I went around by swimming up rivers in Rohan to get around those faggot riders, then got that stable in front of Lothlorien. (I think you have to be like 55 or so to get it.) You can always fast travel there from Midsummer Minas Tirith now.
The main thing you miss is unlocking LIs, but I don't think they really matter until you get to at least level 100.
>>
>>598130
why would you skip the best area in the game though?
>>
File: 1649539325018.jpg (5 KB, 204x215)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>boosted burglar to 50 to test the class a bit
>hate it
>played champion to 20 for the meme undying title then boosted to 105
>figured you need to farm dungeons and feed the rep items to future main character
>turns out reputation gets close to kindred by doing most of the quests for a faction
>use boosted champion to do some prospecting to feed jeweller armoursmith and weaponsmith
>boost runekeeper to 120 to get scholar farming going
>buffs you get from the scrolls are incredibly minor compared to the level required to use them
>all the classes have a "purge all debuffs" button so special potions are useless
>finally blast through the leveling on my hunter
>bags full of consumables which are never required
well atleast my guardian will be pumping big boy numbers when i get to leveling that piece of shit with all the consumables and items my hunter never needs to use
i would rate leveling up scholar jeweller armoursmith and weaponsmith as time wasted/5
>>
>>598092
>come Frodo, let me show my "hobbit-hole"
>>
File: 1537206664171.png (106 KB, 266x258)
106 KB
106 KB PNG
>>562948
>Play LOTRO ffs

Just did it. I am surprised of being so dissapointed by a MMO in Tolkien's world.

I am not a graphic faggot, in fact I recently played Wow classic in a private server, GTA III, original Stronhold... and I am currently playing Vice city, but my god the graphics, and specially the interphace looks atrocious, even compared with 20 years old games.
The map, UI, letters, are terrible and an anoyance to play and look at. Even compared with way older games.
The controls feels like a cheap indie game, terribly rigid and clunky, it has made me recall lineage 2, but way worse.
The optimisation is quite dissapointing as well. I have a decent PC and got a considerable down in FPS just opening a window in the noobs zone.
The game itselfs seems pretty messy, every time I minimize it it does and automatic "alf+f4". Despite of even the game itselfs forcing you to go to their store online (even in one of the begginers quest).

It has made me lost all my nostalgia for MMO's for a long time. They are lucky to have the license of LOTR, if this will be any other fantasy universe it will have dissapeared long time ago. Now I understand why it has lost so many players and why they are trying desperately to get new ones.
>>
>>598195
>The map, UI, letters, are terrible
agree
>The controls feels like a cheap indie game
the controls feels surprisingly good for a 15 year old game actually
>The optimisation is quite dissapointing
works on my machine its the servers that are the problem not the optimization
>every time I minimize it it does and automatic "alf+f4"
play in windowed mode
the game has ingame store so i have no idea what you are doing

overall im having a comfy leveling experience but clearly this game cannot be played in any "real" group content because the lag spikes would make it impossible to do boss fights and such
>>
>>598195
I dunno what settings you are on but the game looks good at Very High/Ultra High. The UI needs a fucking rework though it's like they took the scaling for 720p and just made it stretch to 1080p or higher.
>>
>>598230
>I dunno what settings you are on but the game looks good at Very High/Ultra High.
Not him, but you shouldnt play Ultra High near Bree Town and near Gondor. The game just can't take it.
>>
>>598257
Yeah I had to bump it down to very high but still it looks good
>>
Is there anything worth trying to get before the anniversary ends? I've been trying to get the toast emote from the quest in Bree but have had no luck so far. Also, do the anniversary and steel tokens carry over to next year?
>>
>>598195
>The map, UI, letters, are terrible
Yes, especially their total lack of clue about contrast. Reading dark red or dark purple letters on a back background is almost impossible unless your face is up to the screen. Couchchads btfo. And I hate the excessive use of serif fonts, I have my web browser set up to prevent them.
But you haven't even gotten to the best part yet, because you don't get war steeds (aka four-legged ice hockey skates) until level 75 or so.
>The optimisation is quite dissapointing
Yeah, it freezes up and lags all the time. And when it gets really bad, you lose connection to the server and then can't move except for rotation. It wasn't bad until the anniversary event, so a lot of it is probably due to more players than normal.
But it's got immersion if you let yourself forget about all that crap. Just don't come here if you're a raidfag. This game is for questfags and explorefags.
>>
>>597889
Exact same thing happened to me. So alt time it was.
Never trust a wizard!
>>
>>598376
Yes tokens will stay in your wallet
>>
>>598376
>Is there anything worth trying to get before the anniversary ends?
Toast is probably the only thing I'm gonna hate missing again. If you like the "map" housing items, there's a deed for collecting all of them. All of the Moria ones are only available during the anniversary. The Eriador ones are different depending on the holiday. Also for housing items, the "windmill" is pretty notable, it's cheap and it is actually like, the size of another building. Purely cosmetic but it fits in any yard slot.
>Also, do the anniversary and steel tokens carry over to next year?
Yes. Or they have in the past, at least.
>>
File: 11.jpg (79 KB, 511x679)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>598376
The dwarf outfit is bretty good and the armoured horse that goes with it
>>
>>598622
Cor, that's a right proper Khuzd that is.
>>
File: Comfy-autumn.png (21 KB, 1196x752)
21 KB
21 KB PNG
>>598223
>>598230
>>598378

Thanks for all the adivses. Indeed this is a game to get lost exploring and wandering the world, and I don't know if it's for a technical reason or for my gamer mood, but is not currently my cup of tea.
Glad that you are enjoying it and wish you the best, i can appreciate thay have done a good work with the lore and respecting Tolkien's work at least.
>>
Exploring the Barrow-Downs is pretty fun, honestly exploring all the mini zones in a region is fun. The Old Forest being a proper maze is nice too I actually got turned around a few times in there.
>>
link?
>>
Do the stupid loot box keys have a super rare drop from mobs or do I have to buy one to open this dumb thing?
>>
>>599609
The new keys are a store item. Loot boxes are really just bad you're better off filter them from your loot.
>>
>>599609
You're supposed to use Alt-R to filter out loot boxes.
>>
File: apu thumb.jpg (169 KB, 880x670)
169 KB
169 KB JPG
>>600047
>>600052
Thanks frens.
>>
evens RK
odds LM
double 0s burglar
>>
> May the 4th update
> Fate of GundaBAD for 2995 Lotros.
> Brawler for 1000 Lotros...
Should I grind for it ?
>>
>>600300
Brawler sucks a fat one but if you want to punch dudes go for it. I really like the aesthetic but the gameplay style of having lots of little cooldowns to stack I think I finally have to admit just wasn't for me.
Gundabad itself is pretty nice, but unless you're already 130 there's no reason to rush it.
>>
>>600300
i tried warden in the early levels and it sucked massive balls
then i got brawler for 1k lotro coins and it absolutely dunks on warden when it comes to early leveling
>>
>>600328
Brawler has been getting buffed every patch to make up for its shittiness, and I think it's in a decent place now. It btfos overworld content like most classes. Warden feels like shit until you get to 16 and Surety of Death starts oneshotting groups of mobs since they're all about sustained damage. The main thing Warden has over Brawler (at least at low levels) is that they're fucking invincible with perserverence/safeguard/etc. It doesn't mean much on the landscape but you'll have no problem soloing dungeons and stuff.
>>
File: 34534523545.jpg (58 KB, 960x957)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
the ending of epic questline first book is one massive slog holy shit
im a hunter and able to skip all this garbage running around and this is still painful
i can only imagine how bad this is as a non teleport class
>>
File: power creep.png (106 KB, 417x254)
106 KB
106 KB PNG
>>600531
It is fucked. I know before you go to Dunland you have to gather all of the rangers, which is basically going on another walking tour of Eregion. It was one of the things that made me say "maybe I don't want to level an alt", though I think now for that part at least they do a lot of the "this quest moves you to the next location when you accept it" or giving you a single use map as a reward for the previous step.
>>
>>598046
Jesus, an MMO where damage type actually fucking matters? I'm fucking sold.
>>
Seems like SSG is gonna try to accelerate their server backend stuff with the player influx.

https://massivelyop.com/2022/05/05/lotro-promises-a-significant-portion-of-engineering-to-address-server-performance/
>>
>>601009
>Cordovan says some PR bullshit along the lines of "we're really working on it this time, honest!"
I'll believe it when I see it, the servers for LOTRO have always been one of its weak points.
>>600912
Outside of a few specific cases it's mostly a slight damage increase and not a "you need this or you can't hurt them" kind of thing. They accidentally the weapon title system in the LI update so that past 45 if you're physical you're doing Beleriand Damage with no chance to change it, though they have plans to fix it later. Guardians/Wardens can change the damage they do with shield spikes though.
>>
File: 45374574357.jpg (8 KB, 238x240)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>level 5 goddamn 7
>finally completed volume 1 of epic quest
>time to enter moria
>>
>>601180
Well of course but it's better than saying nothing at all.

>>601399
I'm level 22 and I only just finished the Barrow-Downs, how long is volume 1?
>>
>>601442
Volume 1 is the 1-50 story. Volume 2 starts with Moria.
>>
>>601591
Dang okay still a while then.
>>
>>601597
The epic quests are actually broken up into a bunch of series of quests by area. The main requirement is to be 5 levels below the quest level or higher. Moria is one of the starting points, you just need to be at least level 45 and go to the instance gate at Echad Dunann.
>>
>unable to move items in inventory
>try to log out
>log out just stops at 0 and never goes through
>restart game
>stuck in "connexion succesful"
evernight bros...
>>
How viable is a solo Minstrel trying to do Great Barrows?
>>
>>602402
Bring food (so you don’t run out of power in combat) and kite shit when you need to. Cleanse your debuffs, especially ones with a little clock in the corner (time delayed dicking) or an eye with a red tear (power drain). The power of running in circles is king. I haven’t tried it as minstrel but I assume especially at low levels you’ll do fine.
>>
>>602493
Thanks, I'll try my best!
>>
Haven't tackled the GB yet because I wanted to do the Executioner of the Wicked deed and holy shit getting through Haudh Iarchith was actually really tense. Between the pats and the general mob density I had to be so careful.
>>
File: Drop.png (57 KB, 236x180)
57 KB
57 KB PNG
Nice.
>>
>>602628
It's nice, but it is no /toast
>>
>>602647
Already got that one too :^)
>>
I got /toast emote drop twice Friday on my two alts. But it's account-bound, so my main gets it first. And this is like my third ani event. Got that horse crap a long time ago, don't even know how to enable it. It's for war steeds anyhow, fuck war steeds, they suck.
>>
>>602761
>love warsteeds because they go faster than regular mounts (even in normal zones)
>hmm why haven't I used mine in awhile
>get on the horse
>apparently it's lag o' clock
>horse goes rocketing off and stops dead in its tracks
>fine I'll dismount
>implying the server will let me
>click dismount
>horse is stuttering ahead for the 5 seconds it was stuck in lag
>finally dismount at the bottom of a cliff with two broken legs
>>
>>602811
I was wandering around in the Pelnnor / before-MT area trying to get some rememberances at level 75 or so during horrible stutter lag. It would run for a couple of seconds, then suddenly zip sideways because of accumulated dorifto. Eventually I stuttered into Crithost. Knowing how bad the lag would be, I rode all the way to the back of that big building, then turned around to see an orc rider teleport into my face for a moment.
War steeds are bad to begin with because of ice skating with teflon boots, but bad lag is a whole extra level of fuck.
>>
>>562948
i try every couple years or so, but i can't do it.
the old looks don't so much bother me. it's the terrible animations that are so bad they almost seem to cause combat lag, that's what stops me from playing.

also the mage class is gay. i don't want to summon a dumbass bear or blow kisses, i want to fuck shit up.
>>
>>602824
Rune Keeper is f2p now.
>>
>>602824
Combat feels pretty shitty sometimes. Thank fuck all the moves have the "fast" tag now but it still doesn't help when the servers are ass. Champ in particular has some really shitty effects on their yellow line abilities.
>>602820
I like the drifting, I like how it all feels like coercing the animal along rather than literally being able to 180 strafe on a horse. But never again, the lag kills it. I'll stick to my pig.
>>
File: 32433.png (673 KB, 704x626)
673 KB
673 KB PNG
14 fucking years, I want to go Home ...
>>
>>602860
>german dwarf guardian
kino
>>
>>602860
>14 fucking years, I want to go Home ...
Legendary servers ?
>>
>>603418
The Legendary servers suck hard.
>>
>>603565
This. The problem with legendary servers is that they're just the same as normal servers, but level capped. So that means all of the power creep, cash shop functions, etc. are all there, you just can't advance past whatever point they are in the progression.

On the one hand, it's nice because honestly, 140 levels is daunting when you're level 1. It's not a fast game. The slow release of further content helps make the climb feel more satisfying because you don't feel obligated to keep pushing higher.

On the other hand, the aforementioned problems make the game a joke because it wasn't designed for the power people have now. The landscape scaling feature is nice and I want it on the regular servers, but it still only affects the landscape. People are soloing the Moria raids because why wouldn't they?
>>
>>603625
Do they not have access to the old code with the old stats, loot tables, etc.?
>>
File: it's go time.png (85 KB, 315x156)
85 KB
85 KB PNG
>get to level 21
>class finally unlocks
>>603913
I would assume that for one they don't, because it's been 15 years and changed publishers about 3 times and probably didn't care about preserving old data for any reason. Remember that things like OSRS exist because they happened to find an old build of the game from right before GE was implemented, or how WoW classic exists because private servers splintered off of WoW at every stage. LOTRO never had that. And secondly, actually making a separate build of the game based off the old values is waaaay more work. They don't care nearly enough.
>>
File: silvan-shadows.png (14 KB, 369x262)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
How useful is the racial trait stealth? I made my hunter a Man but Silvan Shadows plus the extra bow damage makes Elf look more appealing. Does the -3 mean that it does nothing for trying to sneak past enemies at my level?
>>
>>604099
As a test I tried walking around in an instance with it, no problem sneaking around the backs of mobs but after standing infront of one for a second or two it jumped me. If you're used to other games where there's some warning that they're going to see you first like the turning toward you, this game doesn't do that. Note also that it has a 30m cooldown, takes a second or two to enter stealth and you move at 50% speed. It's cute but I don't think it's really that important.

I guess it's harder to pass that bow damage up for a strictly DPS class. Thought the bonus was additive with physical mastery, google has people arguing it back and forth, just testing it reading the tooltip gets anywhere from a 1%-3% increase in damage. Which didn't quite line up with either neatly so who fucking knows. It doesn't seem like it's a straight 5% but it's still more damage. Going with the race you like is probably the most important part because you will be playing that shit for many hours.
>>
>>604145
Thanks for testing that. I haven't really had any difficulty leveling so far, but stealth is always such a useful ability in these kind of games.
>>
>>604099
Sylvan shadows is shit, notice the 30m cooldown. It's barely even useful for "imma go afk in bree a few mins, don't slap me down" purposes. If there was elf burg, it wouldn't even be useful as an extra sneak.
>>604145
>standing infront of one for a second or two
Even burg sneak won't hold up to that.
>>
>made captain, guardian and warden
>got all of them to 20 a week ago
>still can't pick one
>leveling them all slowly together
>know I'll burn the fuck out if I don't choose
>instead of picking one I just make more alts
>>
>>604768
Exactly the same with beorning, cappy, and brawler but closer to 30. Then I have an alt of every other class I still play too.
All my old character are on a non-existant server from the long before times, can't transfer anywhere, and I have no idea what I was playing back then anyway.
>>
>>604768
>>604837
That's actually a good way to try out the different "starter" leveling zones.
The game has tons till you get to Moria, only after that does it get more streamlined.
>>
bump
i just want a fun mmo to play
>>
>>604768
Or you'll end up like me with 26 alts and 1354 total levels
>>
>>604948
>1354 total levels
this nazgul's playin' runescape
>>
57 anniversary tokens I'll just be able to squeeze by and get the full cosmetic set before the 12th.
>>
>>604960
The ale-fight in Thorin's Hall tavern happens every 10 minutes and is a pretty easy way to get them.
>>
>>604976
Already at 67 too easy desu.
>>
Not gonna lie having Gandalf wizard me to Rivendell has been great for this Eriador Year X anniversary quests. Work smarter not harder.
>>
File: Set.jpg (803 KB, 1920x1080)
803 KB
803 KB JPG
Ladies and Gentleman, we got him.
>>
>>605006
Well done anon.
>>
How is the guardian class? Is it a fun tank that’s satisfying to use?
>>
I played this game at launch and found out that my old login still worked and that I have a early 2007 lvl 11 character. What are my priorities here? I see the new anniversary event stuff so should I do the instances and farm tokens for the items? They seem like limited time stuff? Or should I just level?
>>
>>605432
The event ends tomorrow morning you might be able to get the horse if you at least do every single event quest and just farm the beer hall fight that starts every ten minutes.
>>
>>605433
Is it with the tokens or something else? I might have missed horse option. Also what do I do with all these armor cosmetics? Do I have to hold them in bags to own them or are they saved for my character? Or do I have to get a bank or something?
>>
>>605395
Guardian is the brick shithouse of tanks. No gimmicks, very little in the way of group utility not directly related to threat, but the beefiest motherfucker in the room. They're very fun but very basic as far as classes go. You don't have to worry about much playing a guardian, just get in, slam everything with your shield and laugh as it tries to do something in response. I find it very satisfying because there isn't much to worry about when playing one, you just wade in and do your job. Debuffs and stuns? No problem. Threat? No problem. Interrupts and Fellowship Maneuvers? You got all those and then some. Whenever I play another tank I find myself missing some tool the Guardian has.

On the other hand, of all the tanks they're the slowest starter. Their bag of tricks doesn't feel all that deep until you have everything deep down both the blue and yellow trees. Once you have them you'll go mad with power but until then it can feel like something's missing, especially compared to the other tanks which are loaded with self heals very early on and will feel OP from the word go. Unlike playing say a captain you can't tank AND heal your group at the same time or stupid things like that, which hurts once you're used to it. When it comes to grouping, maining red or yellow is a meme at max level.

>>605432
Today is the last day of the anniversary fest, so unless you really want to grind hard for tokens at the Throin's Hall brew bash you're probably SOL on getting much. All of the anniversary stuff is purely cosmetic, and it comes around this time every year. You already got the most important shit (the free anniversary login stuff) just for entering the game so what you do after that is up to you.
>>
>>605438
It's with the anniversary tokens yeah. Not sure how recovering cosmetic stuff works but yeah there's a bank you can throw stuff into, if you are in Bree look for the icon that has three coins on it on the map that's the bank.
>>
>>605441
>>605443
Thanks bros. I literally played as a kid for like few hours and now returned and I like the atmosphere. Playing as a side mmo
>>
>>605438
>cosmetics
Not saved unless you have a wardrobe and throw them in there. You need the item on you to use it as cosmetic otherwise. You can stash them in the bank. If it's something that was auto-delivered to you, you can get it back with /reclaim (once a week) so you shouldn't worry about trashing it. If you're worried or have a question about if something is worth holding onto, post it and I can help.
>2007
You probably have a world consolidation gift box there somewhere, don't trash that or the items that came out of it, I don't think those get /reclaimed thanks to a bug.
>>
>>605446
Ill try to search for that box cause I have tons of shit in bags. I had some cool base game pre order stuff
>>
>>605441
Hmm interesting, the yellow branch gave the impression that it was still a tank build, but with higher damage (two handed swords) and more AOEs. At least that’s what the tool tip made it sound like. How would you recommend leveling and building the beefy boy.also what race best fits it thematically. I chose gondoran man but now I’m not so sure…
>>
Any talent trees for blue lore master solo leveling? Do I switch to bird or keep bear?
>>
Can I buy the anniversary mount with lotro coins? I only care about the mount and I don't think I can make it on time cause busy with work
>>
File: traits.png (555 KB, 881x587)
555 KB
555 KB PNG
>>605454
Yellow is still a tank, they just pale in comparison to blue at max level. Not because Yellow is all that bad, but because you can go blue and still get basically everything useful in yellow as well, pic related. For leveling, Red is definitely the way to go because damage, but yellow is also great if you're going to tank. All of the really fun stuff besides shield smash which is awesome is in the yellow line.
>>
>>605493
Hell yeah man thanks, I already sunk my first two points into blue, but I’ll try to get yellow next. I appreciate the help, hopefully as I level and get more AOEs the combat will feel better for taking out groups, bc rn attacking groups doesn’t feel the best because I can only attack one at a time except for one AOE I get after a parry
>>
>>605485
Which one, the Steed of Crystal Resolve? You can buy it with Mithril coins during the event.
>>605457
Haven't played my LM much but from what I've heard the birds are just utility, the bog lurker is the most damage and the bear is there to tank for you if doing harder stuff.
>>
These anniversary items return each year right? New player and only managed to grab few cool looking things
>>
>>605446
Wayfarer's cloak is something I should not delete right?
>>
File: shield slam.webm (942 KB, 960x540)
942 KB
942 KB WEBM
>>605498
Cool, I hope you dig it. I am super fucking biased when it comes to guardians admittedly, I love shield-based attacks in games. Rearing back and stunning a whole group of mobs with a shield slam sold me on them long ago.
>>605530
Yes, as far as I'm aware they don't retire the festival rewards, you can just get them next year. You keep the tokens you got this time as well. I started playing again when Gundabad came out and there were still the very first rewards from the Halloween event available when that came around.
>>605551
Seems like one of the preorder things which honestly was before I really got into the game, but according to LOTRO wiki it can be /reclaimed.
>>
>>605561
Ok I just googled around some of my items and saw some promotional items that aren't available anymore so I am trying to be extra careful not to sell them or anything
>>
is crafting useless?
>>
I see some people have like 10+ years of rewards is it from account creation or does it mean they have had VIP for that long?
>>
>>605578
account creation
>>
>>605601
I played 2007-2015 but I guess that I only have 8 years because I didn't log in during anniversaries etc?
>>
>>605615
ah fuck you're right, not just anniversary but logging in at any time during the year to increment it
>>
What do I do with blacksteel keys and where do I use them?
>>
>>605485
>Can I buy the anniversary mount with lotro coins?
>>605504
>You can buy it with Mithril coins during the event.
...and iirc you can buy mithril with LP, so probably yes
>>
>>605572
It makes good leveling gear. Then around level 100 it goes full retard and everything has a million sockets or you get no recipes without rep. At level cap you can make some decent entry level endgame gear again. Most professions also have some kind of consumable or something it can produce besides equipment which is nice. Actual consumable professions like Historian/Yeoman are always good to have, though you can do all of your farming/cooking on an alt without leaving the starting zone if you funnel them money.
>>605763
Lootbox shit. Some of the loot scales with your level so if you care about making the most of the few you have hold onto them. If you're a returning player with old unbound keys they probably sell for a fuckload of gold but not sure on that.
>>
Does the store take paysafe cards? I have bunch of them over and no place to use them
>>
File: 1630374621714.jpg (20 KB, 700x680)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>605572
boy do i have a story for you
>get all professions on alts because autism
>use boosted 105 character to mine all the ore in the world to feed jewellerer armoursmith and weaponsmith
>alts absolutely breeze through the early leveling starting from 10
>reach 45 or so on my main character hunter (woodsman)
>better bows were useful but i did not have enough leather to level tailoring on an alt until later so no crafted armour
>legendary weapons make every craftable weapon except your offhand useless(hunter specific case)
>game starts shitting out purples and blues with basically perfect stat spreads so armoursmith and tailorer have no real upgrades to quest rewards
>continues through the entirety of moria to 60+
>weaponsmith was useless starting lvl 45 except for offhand weapons
>woodworker is even more useless since you cant offhand a spear
you can make some consumables like shield spikes and burglar items but the effort to level crafting professions to master and above is a meme and i got fucking scammed
im going to keep leveling all of them because autism
>>
Can you train all professions on 1 character or do you have to just sac the existing one and pick a new one?
>>
>>605811
>Can you train all professions on 1 character or do you have to just sac the existing one and pick a new one?
You train your vocation and it comes with 3 professions.
>>
>>605811
>>605812
https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Vocations
>>
>>605812
>>605814
I saw "herbalism deeds". Is it under forester profession?
>>
>>605811
you have to sack but you keep the progression on a profession if your future vocation has the same profession in it
>>
>>605815
Herbalism is late game side/daily questing, Forester gather and process wood and animal hides. Farmer and cooker can benefit from plants you gather along the way but it isnt skill locked (anyone can gather weeds, herbs, shroom, roots, vegetables, fruits, etc.)
>>
>>605819
Ah its another thing. Thanks for help
>>
>>605804
Crafters can also make essences and "ember worthy crafts", which you can trade for Embers (used for gear or cosmetics) weekly.
Before the LI update crafters had a pretty integral part of making the legendary weapons too, but that got fucked. Hopefully they get something to do with it kind of fucked weaponsmiths/woodworkers. Though like you said there's offhands and ranged weapons for people who don't get LIs for those slots as well...It's still kinda raw.

Also here's an FYI for anyone who hasn't bothered with professions yet, or for your next alts.
>go to the crafting tutorial area
>pick up a vocation
>you get three little intro quests
>do it and you get a title for that vocation and 3 universal ingredient packs
>do this for historian, tinker, armorer, woodsman (since those four cover all skills)
>get all 7 titles and 21 ingredient packs (these go into your wallet and are account bound)
>probably some gear you can use once you're level 7
>drop current vocations for the one you actually want
The title deeds say "tier 1" but there are no further tiers. :^)
>>
>>605804
>because autism
That's really the only good part about crafting. And don't bother with the "guild" stuff, they make you pay LP to unlock later tiers, and once you reach the paypig level, every time you log in it beeps you to buy it. (but at least it's account-wide)
Usually two of your three will complement each other, and third you will have a hard time until you get an alt with a complement to that.
It's not a very good crafting system, I've seen much better. After a while you notice how they stopped bothering with tier names and went with region names. It's stratified as fuck, and so is where you harvest/mine stuff. Once you move up to the next tier, the previous one is fucking useless except to sell stuff on AH for absurd monies. (Then you get to a thousand gold or so and realize that money is like sand here.)
>>
I am having so much fun just leveling. Been away for like 10 years
>>
Also it's a pain in the ass to keep switching crafting tools, but I got lucky with not one, but two universal tools from the daily hobbit gifts.
>>
How is this for mostly solo player? Is there challenging solo content stuff?
>>
>>605839
Skirmish
>>
Do even't deeds keep their progress till next year? I could lose my sleep to finish one but wouldn't mind waiting another year
>>
>>605839
>How is this for mostly solo player?
Very solo friendly really, landscape content is about as casual as it gets.
>Is there challenging solo content stuff?
Kind of. Most content in the game will roll over for you. As the other anon said there are skirmishes (scaling missions from single player to raid size) and you can tier them up to be actually painful to a degree. The game in general is so easy a lot of the best way to look for challenge is try soloing group content. It is possible (how far you can get doing that depends on the class) and it's way more engaging than most of the stuff you can do otherwise.
>>
Trying to do great barrow as minstrel is a pain but I could just be shit at the game.
>>
File: 1650486641052.jpg (20 KB, 462x456)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>605826
the last time i played this game was 12 years ago and crafting was important so pic is very much related when my supreme tailor cant make a single piece of gear that is better than quest rewards from moria
i even opened like 50 boxes of tailor recipies and still got 0 items worth crafting
>>
>>605763
There is a type of key that no longer opens anything. I have a stack of those.
>>
>>605572
At max tier and guild mastery you can make some of the best gear. The ithilgalad shards are a slog as you can only make 3 per week per guild master.
>>
>>605853
Yes, they keep forever.
>>
File: 1648073162215.jpg (48 KB, 300x340)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>make a bunch of alts
>despise the intro sections
>make all alts high elves since they get to skip the first 5 levels
>>
File: enduring morale.png (58 KB, 260x224)
58 KB
58 KB PNG
>>605888
Checked. I decided to see if I was full of shit about Minstrel or not and soloed Thadur and the Maze. Kite like a motherfucker. Resonance stance will neuter your damage but you get an instant heal with Major Ballad and Coda will also heal you for a fuckton which helps a lot. To be fair, I'm level 39 - I don't think I could have done Thadur without the extra health and AoE stun from this trait in the red tree.
>>
>>605835
Metalsmiths make multitools that cover a whole vocation too. The highest rank one is better for crafting and worse for gathering than the enduring multitool, at least.
>>
File: 1644260527485.gif (98 KB, 549x598)
98 KB
98 KB GIF
>>605454
im leveling a guardian with yellow line and this thing was not planned through at all
you get the ability to block with 2 handed weapons but all the block responses are shield skills so you cant use them anyway
pulling entire camps of enemies and clicking the funny aoe button after force opening is fun even if no thought went into the blocking skill
pic related guardian leveling experience when facing 10 melee mobs
>>
>>606029
Yeah I'm only level 25. I'll try again because I want to do the dungeon quests but if I'm still having trouble I'll try and make an instance group.
>>
File: bartitsu.jpg (33 KB, 480x360)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
Brawler seems like an absurd class for this setting. What the fuck is a tekken character doing slaying orcs in Moria? Can you imagine the final battle in return of the king and there's some asshole in the frontlines doing fisticuffs and kicking people in the face? Ridiculous. If it's supposed to be a joke, I get it.
>>
>>606038
I feel like a dumbass thematically. I realize I made a human guardian, and feel like I should’ve made him a DORF, seeing as they’re more thematically fuck off tank. And if I did make a human tank, it should’ve been a captain, since it’s not available for DORFs. Should I just make a DORF guardian and level that instead and then make a human captain when I get better at game so I’m not overwhelmed. Or am I overthinking it and does it not matter…
>>
>>606045
Well I guess it's canonical because of Helm Hammerhand but idk I haven't read any of the ancillary lore on the setting.
>>
File: 1642371021987.jpg (14 KB, 538x538)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>606051
im not the best person to answer since all my characters are high elves for that intro skip
>>
>>606057
>he doesn’t play fantasy archetypes
It’s okay anon it’s a good reason desu. Idk I think I’m overthinking it but like, i could have two human tanks when I eventually make a captain… or i Can have a DORF
>>
>>606051
Dorf guardian is good because their heavy shields are as big as they are.
>>
File: gondorians.png (290 KB, 503x333)
290 KB
290 KB PNG
>>606040
If you do decide to group I've got something around 25 on Arkenstone, Landroval or Brandywine. Duoing is much more manageable without being too trivial.
>>606051
Honestly, dude with sword or dude with sword and shield works fine with any race. Dwarf guardian is definitely kino Baruk Khazâd! but the race of Man loves its knights. I don't know how far you got with the Man yet but you could always give Dwarf a shot and see which feels better before you go writing it off.
>>
>>606051
You are not overthinking it. I also agonize about how well my race, class, and playstyle choices align. In this case though, Gondor fields a lot of heavy infantry so it's a fitting background for a vanguard fighter who gets stuck in. Dwarf would work too, and I suppose if you're trying to maximize the racial variety of your characters and put them all in fitting roles, you could consider rerolling.
>>
>>606045
I made a guardian and a hunter and have been enjoying them but some of the class design in this game is pretty strange. I understand not wanting to let players be wizards because of the lore, but then they make lore master, a kind of zookeeper that can also cast fireballs and lightning. I also don't understand why guardian and champion are different classes instead of specs for one class, since aesthetically they are almost identical.
>>
>>606061
That’s what makes it based. The one guy said guardian is a brick shithouse, if I make a DORF guardian, he would be THE brick shithouse
>>606063
Im at level 7 idk why Im stressing so much lmaoooo fuck it man. Only reason is because a human captain sounds cooler than human guardian, and dwarf guardian is almost cooler than both
>>606065
I think I’m going to. I’m not gonna delete the human just so I can transfer the anniversary gifts, which someone said you can do, but captain of men and guardian of DORFS is just thematically better
>>
>>606068
Lore Master is a stretch, but I think the attempt was honorable. He has dominion over beasts because he's studied how to husband them. I remember one of the abilities with fire had him igniting something in his hand. Those elemental attacks are basically a very primitive understanding of chemistry. Something even Gandalf resorted to rather than use magic. They don't hold to that for every animation. As you mention, there's some attacks that are basically lightning bolt. But I get what they're going for. Thematically, Lore Master just has a bag of tricks that maybe appear magical to the uninformed.

By the time we hit Rune Keeper though, we just have a straight up fantasy mage. And we didn't take very long after launch to get there. As time has gone on the abilities seem to have become more fantastical. I guess some of that is to be expected given the typical MMO combat system in this game.
>>
>>606071
>so I can transfer the anniversary gifts, which someone said you can do
Yes, you can just mail them to the other character if they're account bound. Just drag it in to the slots on the letter, don't rightclick because it will use it instead.
>>
>>606075
Thanks homie I figured you could but I wasn’t entirely sure
>>
So, I really wanted to play this game again for the RP and atmosphere. I hopped onto the most popular RP server and decided to make a "Man" of Rohan, only to find that every lore-friendly name I tried was already taken.

"Okay," I said, "I'll try thinking out of the box." Two hours later, every name I tried was taken. I gave up and uninstalled. You know, it really breaks my heart because it's one of those games that I played when I was younger, but will probably never have the chance to play again unless I name my character something really fucking stupid.
>>
>>606154
This is where name generators can help a lot. There's probably tons of dead characters on the servers clogging up the "lore friendly" names.
>>
>>606154
You could try sending in a ticket to ask a GM if the name you want on that server has been inactive for long enough that it could be freed for use. It might take them a long time to respond, but it's worth a try.
>>
>>606156
Yeah, I mean, it's not too bad when you get to dwarves, elves and even hobbits, since they're names can be pretty distinct, but it really makes me wonder why these older games don't do name purges for characters that haven't been logged into for like five or more years.

>>606166
I might give it a shot sometime. I tried some really exotic-sounding names that were taken, too, so I can't imagine that every one of them was in use by an active player. If all else fails I'll just try a different race when I play again.
>>
>Yondershire now available
What is this? I started the game couple of days ago and don't really know much. Is it a DLC?
>>
>>606234
New low level zone apparently but it's nice since now Ered Luin is connected to the rest of Eriador instead of instantly loading into the Shire or vice versa.
>>
The game rubberbands and feels very janky in combat but... I like it. Started this about a week ago as a side game when I have downtime in other MMO's. Pretty chill to quest for few hours and look around every now and then
>>
>>606154
Yeah I feel you, really hard to get a name sometime for this game. My recommendation is taking two lore friendly names you like and taking a half from each one to invent a new one, or swapping a vowel with another one. Might not be exactly what you want but I usually find something that way
>>
>>606274
I remember playing this game when it first came out and thinking it felt really smooth and modern. Coming back to it over 10 years later I am actually surprised how dated it is. I feel kind of old now. Not only in how it looks, but the mechanics have a really rough late 00's feel to them that was tolerable apparently back in the day.
>>
Is it like wow that all the gathering stuff should level with my character? As in I should do professions as I quest so that the nodes dont outgrow my skill?
>>
I wish they gave the yearly rewards just looking at the accounts create date. I would have 13 year stuff but I took a 5 year break so I am only at 8 now :(
>>
What do I need to get "full" game? Returned after fucking long break so I guess I have to just buy the latest expansion and have VIP or something?
>>
>>606234
>Is it a DLC?
Yes, they gave away all the old content so the new stuff is what costs money. It’s a level 20 zone, you don’t need to pay for it to walk through it just do quests. It and the Angle are safe to skip.
>>606304
Yes. Except you have to go back to town to process raws to gain XP in the gathering skills. You’ll start running into new veins about every 10 levels starting at 15.
>>606392
Basically. Everyone gets 1-95 content, VIP gets 95-130, Gundabad is still purchased.
>>
>>606406
>1-130
I am at 20. When does the leveling hit a wall cause it still seems fast?
>>
>>606417
i have been outleveling zones way before completing all quests for a long ass time t: entered moria at lvl 57 almost 58 and completed moria at 63 almost 64
still going strong with more quests to outlevel areas im in by a large margin
>>
I loved the anniversary. What is the next event and when? Some kind of summer thing?
>>
>>606417
It's a gradual thing, to a point. For me the last time I leveled it was Rohan/Gondor where it really started to drag. That's when you get your war steed and they expect you to ride, damnit. A lot of quests are hunting mounted monsters which are spaced further apart then just jumping in a bandit camp and AoEing them all down. When you get to west rohan, you have to do not just the MSQ but the zone specific storyline to get trait points and you'll be following a very set route, which probably ends with you outleveling it too, so you end up kind of slowly going through very green quests. Central Gondor in particular is an ALL level 100 zone and you need to clear out four different areas for trait points, which means you will be very over leveled before you're done. By the time I was done I was following just the Epic until basically Gundabad, since then the Epic chapters lead to a lot of trait points, so very slow. But, just by adding in Three Peaks missions I still more or less managed to squeeze out a level a day without trying very hard.
>>
Does the fiery ring quest hold my hand enough that I don't miss anything important? I know legendaries come at some point I assume
>>
>>606154
>every lore-friendly name I tried was already taken
That's a problem with a 15yo game that requires a single unique name.
What worked for two of my alts was using "ch". That doesn't seem to be very commonly used, if you can find something where you feel it sounds good.
>>606274
>rubberbands and feels very janky in combat
Anniversary event brought in a lot more players than usual. But the game really goes fucky way too easily when there's a lot of players. I also suspect that they're using a communication protocol from 15 years ago that is total ass. I wouldn't be surprised if they're using TCP and just having it try to reconnect when it clogs up.
>>606302
>dated
The one thing that is nice is the enormous seamless zones. And I don't even mind the graphics. But a lot of other stuff is dated. Two that bug me are going inside buildings requires mini-instances everywhere, and the hang-on-pegs housing in dozens of parallel homestead instances.
>>606417
The big wall in leveling is when you can't do quests anymore (before the recent opening up of so many areas to everyone), which is about 30-40 or so. The XP from killing shit does not scale with the XP to next level, so you can't just grind mobs.
>>606472
>war steed
Did they even playtest those things before unleashing those slip-slidey things on the world? The best thing to do in quests that force you to ride your war steed is find water and kite mobs into it. That dismounts them and suddenly they're not gods anymore.
>>
>look up things that i have missed cause i have slight habit of collecting stuff
>like 200 titles that cannot be obtained anymore
Well at least I have my original preorder cloak ;__;
>>
>>606607
yes the game very much railroads you towards moria at the end of the epic questline vol 1
you will get the desire to kill yourself before you are done with the last couple of books because that is the worst content in the entire game
i pray that you are a hunter or atleast a warden
>>
>>606667
why are they bad? i am lm
>>
File: 1649503390059.jpg (88 KB, 600x600)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>>606669
you will have to go between angmar rivendell and every other possible place you can imagine and its not once or twice
also i hope you like going to annuminas and back like 5 times too
in trollshaws there is a camp that is high up on a hill and the place you have to visit is next to that hill but at the bottom of a huge drop so you have to ride up the goddamn hill like 5 times and visit angmar and elrond between those quests too
as a hunter you can just teleport to camp to save literally hours of running back and forth
warden does not have camp teleport but atleast theres the muster in x like hunter has guide to x
it is so bad i unironically drop my alts at around 45 because i dont want to do it again especially without teleports
>>
>>606673
I am a weird person that just likes to ride around so I won't probably mind mindlessly running back and forward
>>
>>606669
I assume they mean because the quests make you travel all over Eriador back and forth. But you can also just skip them if you don't want the title or story. If you ever want to quit you can just go to the gates of Moria at 45 and start there immediately.
>>606673
I've done the story once. After that all my alts skip to Moria at 45. In general the epic quest chapters can for the most part be picked up separately without doing the ones before them, so you don't "have" to do all of them.
>>
>>606667
>railroads you towards moria
Revolt and do Enedwaith to Dunland instead. Then just do the bare minimum in Moria, and go on to Lothlorien and Rohan.
If you're really crazy, you can sneak around Rohan and then up the river into Lothlorien, but LIs will remain locked, so you'll need to unlock Moria eventually. But by then you'll be so overpowered that it doesn't matter.
>>606673
>angmar
I think Angmar is worse than Moria. At least Moria has a decent network of stables. And don't even get me started about Evendim quests. At least you can get free rides to Rivendell.
>>
I think I am overleveling quests slowly but I still like to do all of them. Is there any reward/extra stuff for doing everything in areas?
>>
>>606675
>go to this cave in angmar
>talk to elrond
>go to this cave in angmar
>go to trollshaws
>go to cave in trollshaws
>go to elrond
>go to trollshaws
>go to tinnudir
>go to annuminas to collect fucking rocks
>go back to tinnudir
>talk to elrond
>go to angmar
>go to tinnudir
>talk to elrond
>go to trollshaws
>shank that bitch sara oakheart
>talk to elrond
>go to tinnu fucking dir
>go angmar
>go to trollshaws
and the best part is some goddamn unskippable play as random character x parts sprinkled in there too
i recommend using these commands to quickly fix you settings when in session play as different characters
use the first on your main character to easily copy stuff to others since session play is considered another character
/ui layout save name
/ui layout load name
>>
>>606684
Area deeds? There's no extra reward for "everything", outside of more reputation/experience. In later areas quests all give regional funbucks you can trade for equipment/cosmetics too which gives you more of an incentive to do them all if that's your thing.
>>
>>606684
There's deeds for doing a certain number of quests in a zone yeah, plus doing the quests will usually progress the slayer tracks for the zone as well. The system honestly isn't bad at all since it kind of naturally feeds into itself.
>>
How is burglar? Is it like a rogue that goes around sneaking and stabbing with daggers?
>>
>>606681
>Revolt and do Enedwaith to Dunland instead.
he was asking about possibly missing stuff which he wont if he just does the epic quest
>I think Angmar is worse than Moria
for questing yes but this was specifically about the last parts of the epic quest and jesus fuck what were they thinking
>>
When did you start this game?
>>
>>606695
Yes, basically.
>>
Is there a way to see when my account was created? I don't remember anymore and I would love to know when was the first day I played the game
>>
>>606695
>>606704
It can be fun to try to avoid fighting to get things done.
And that is when you will hate Skirmish just a little bit more for making you kill EVERY FUCKING MOB in a segment before opening up the next. There's also some faggot way off to the side that didn't see you, sometimes hidden with sneak too. And some of the areas are quite big, so without mounts it takes way too long to hunt down that last mob.
>>
>>606709
Click the forgot password button in the launcher to open the SSG account login page, log in and it will have your signup date right next to the game title.
>>
>>606695
yes but the real big boy damage comes way later in the red tree like 100% crit when attacking from stealth
class is built around doubled edged strike which opens after a crit and the allows more skills you can combo after it
>>
Best solo classes?
>>
>>606723
Captain, Beorning, Warden or Guardian to solo things you shouldn't without much hassle. But they are shit for damage, so actual speed of doing anything is much lower.
Hunter if you just want to poop all over landscape content and teleport everywhere. Champ is also made for destroying mobs and is more survivable doing it, but doesn't have the runspeed buffs or teleports of the Hunter.
>>
Can this game get a vg thread?
>>
>>606768
This thread is nearly two months old, anon. You could try but I doubt it'll last.
>>
Is there any active discussion about this game? I haven't been into any kinships yet in this game and forums seem awful place to talk in 2022. And 4chan is dead
>>
>>606784
If not here then probably just reddit or talk in world chat in your server. Arkenstone world chat seems pretty populated whenever I was playing.
>>
>>606789
My server is populated but I don't know about kinships etc cause I am just a fresh lvl 20 noob
>>
Is there a way to make chat etc bigger? Or is it just through addons? (dont really want to use addons cause they are always an hassle in every mmo that has them and Iam lazy as fuck)
>>
>>606831
>Is there a way to make chat etc bigger?
The HUD? Yes, but they wont look good. Chat can be stretched and the letters can be upscaled.
>>
>>606835
Oh I didnt notice the drag spot at the bottom of it. Thanks
>>
R-click your chr icon frame, change the frame to 5,6,10 year frame etc. It is not dependent on logins it is determined by actustart date of your first chr on that srvr
>>
>>606864
Sadly if you dont login during a year you dont get that year. I should have 15 years but only have 10 cause of a break
>>
I am vastly overleveled for my quest but this is first mmo where I dont mind. I just like the quests
>>
I have ADHD and need to press buttons constantly. What melee class has the highest APM? Bonus points if there's some depth to the mechanics.
>>
>>606904
Warden
>>
File: warden.png (52 KB, 121x176)
52 KB
52 KB PNG
>>606904
>>606906
This and it's not even a contest. Warden has a lot of abilities, but in general the idea is to use your fast-executing builder moves - Spear/Shield/Shout - to build to a spender. Say Shield+Spear for a heal and Spear+Shout for a DoT. If you ever played XIV and know how Mudras worked, it's a whole class of that. Except the combos go up to 5 moves long, AND at 21 you get mastery abilities that will add two icons at once and generally activate instantly to speed up your combos. Most of the chains are very simple, maybe even just alternating colors, but there's a ton to keep in mind. And if you wanted to go even more autistic at high levels you can stance dance for even more skills and buffs.
>>
>>606922
Mudra is one of my favorite mechanics from FFXIV so this sounds right up my alley. I'm not normally a power gamer at all but I'm reading that high elf is far and away the best pick for Warden so I'll give that a go. The idea of playing a character that's like 6000 years old is kinda off to me but what the hell, I'll try it.
>>
>>606959
a fair warning if you play during popular hours playing warden is impossible with the lag
>>
Tips for pet classes? Do I need to have some settings on and just have "attack" bound in a good key that I use all the time to make pet atttack? What does my pets name being white/blue mean?
>>
>>607008
>Tips for pet classes?
One of the icons on the bar says "Toggle Assist", having that on will make them attack when you do. You can also just make them attack first with the first button.
Rightclick the skills on their bar and they will auto-cast them. You can also drag any of the icons on that bar to your hotkeys and press it so they use them.
>What does my pets name being white/blue mean?
Just like mobs it means its level relative to yours, blue is a level below. If you level up while your pet is out, they don't automatically level too. Dismiss it and resummon and it will be at your level (white) again.
>>
>>606667
On the plus side I don't remember there being anything important locked behind the Volume 1 epic, so you can skip it and not feel gimp.
>>
About how populated is this thing? Has the freeing up of content had a noticeable effect?
>>
>>607259
Not sure myself but Bree seemed pretty packed on Arkenstone
>>
>>607259
I don't know how populated it was before but as someone who started about a week ago I keep bumping into other players leveling all the time and cities have many people mostly high level people chilling
>>
How is LM endgame? I assume I need to go yellow tree instead blue?
>>
If you ever try this don't play hobbit. Shire questing is boring AF
>>
>>607259
Much better than before the free shit update but we'll see how long it lasts. I still have trouble finding groups for much but I've definitely been bumping into more people in the wild.
>>607315
Yes, yellow. Everyone wants those sexy debuffs.
>>
What are pink names? I see them on pets/guards etc.
>>
>>607447
Much higher level than you. Guards and pets follow mob rules for name colors.
>>
>>605561
is this a dwarf or a human
>>
>>607464
no
>>
Can someone explain legendary servers for me? I see they have some cool character frames but I have no clue what the servers are or what I need to do to get the frames
>>
>>607481
>Can someone explain legendary servers for me?
Time-locked progression servers. Mechanically, they are the same as live servers (mostly), but they're set up to unlock the expansions over time, with a different pace depending on the server.
>Anor
The oldest Legendary server. It's just a normal server up to three peaks at the moment.
>Shadowfax
50% bonus XP. New content unlocks every two months.
>Treebeard
60% LESS XP. New content unlocks every six months.
Treebeard and Shadowfax also have the difficulty adjusters for landscape content. You can go normal > hard > etc etc. up to something called Deadly+6. Leveling at least on Deadly+0 gets you a title at certain levels.
>I have no clue what the servers are or what I need to do to get the frames
https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Legendary_Server#Deeds
>>
>>607490
Can you migrate to them and get the frames and then swap away from them?
>>
>>607476
what race is it
>>
What is a fast and good solo leveler? I want to get some things done on a legendary server and then continue on my main
>>
>>607517
hunter
>>
>>607497
It's a hobbit.
>>607493
For the frames you don't even need to transfer, I'm pretty sure once you unlock it they're account wide. I have the adventure seeker frame and was wondering where it came from.
>>
>>607562
Oh so I can go to legendary server now and do a frame I want and use it on main?
>>
I can play on multiple servers right? I just have to close client and choose the server from there every time I want to switch?
>>
>>607602
Check the wiki for the specific frame you're looking for. I just noticed that it does say yes, some are character unlocks only. The ones that unlock by level seem to be account wide.
>>607611
Yes. The only catch is items that are "account bound" are actually "server bound" since you can't mail cross server. Items that are delivered to every character on your account will go to EVERY character no matter what server though (cosmetic promotional stuff, etc).
>>
I am only lvl 30 on my main but I just fucking love all the legendary server frames. Should I just fuck it and do a first character there to get the frames and then continue on my main? I don't mind leveling multiple characters
>>
File: DOIT.jpg (21 KB, 500x375)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>607653
as long as you're subbed why not
shadowfax has a whopping 53 people on right now but you could do it for the XP buffs
>>
Weird question but where do I find the list of payment options for VIP and such? I just find old stuff that said that payment options got updated but I need to know what is available
>>
>>607668
Try buying something from the store and see what it lets you enter?
>>
Archer or burglar for fast solo leveling? (Or is there something faster?)
>>
>>607782
I would imagine hunter, runspeed buffs/teleport/absolutely destroying single targets. All they lack is AoE, but instead of rounding things up they can just go blue and kill as they move. A twinkie champ could probably pull some retarded XP numbers just pulling packs of mobs and AoEing them down but you'd probably have to know where to go to make the most out of that and all.
>>
I assume you can't level skip on legendary servers?
>>
>>607829
I think you can, because they are shameless about their moneygrubbing. That said, I know that Undying titles don't apply if you skip past 20, I imagine the leveling titles on the legendary servers are skipped if you boost past them too.
>>
>>607782
>>607819
cry of the hunter + split shot + low cut clears camps just like any aoe in the game
just go for the extra targets on split shot so its up to 7
>>
How is Rune Keeper solo leveling? I want to finally level past 120 and I like that class. I don't care about speed much but I want to just be able to beat stuff without a problem
>>
File: 1633444213149.jpg (180 KB, 1000x990)
180 KB
180 KB JPG
how can you niggers play this. the game is mind numbingly easy now. overworld used to actually be threatening and difficult (last i played was around moria). I tried this game again recently and when I realised how heavily nerfed the world was, i uninstalled.
>>
>>608151
fire is completely busted but you have to stand still to cast the spells which feels incredibly clunky
>>
How far can I level comfortably with blue lore master? Some say it starts to fall off around like 80+ so should I switch to red or something around then?
>>
Do you get lotro coins if you buy the expensive expansion versions?
>>
>>608247
Mostly the atmosphere and finding your own challenges. I have played off and on since the pre-Moria days and I miss when being low level and pulling an extra mob meant death. Right now it's more of a power fantasy but nothing being threatening also takes away from what gave places a sense of danger. Most of what I enjoy doing in the game now aside from generally seeing new things is finding how far I can push my solo capabilities against instanced group content.

They did add an overworld difficulty adjuster to the legendary servers and I'm desperate for them to be introduced to all servers eventually. Outside of the first 20 levels making me pray the lag doesn't fuck my Undying away it's just more fun to have more things posing an actual challenge. The catch is that it doesn't affect group content at all so that still rolls over if you don't just underman it.
>>608289
See previous conversation about the game being piss easy. Play the one you enjoy. Don't forget you get two specs for free so you could always swap between both to see how you feel about them as you get more points to play with.
>>608362
No, I don't think so.
>>
Are all the seasonal events low level friendly? I am not sure if I am in a hurry to level up for example if the summer event requires higher levels for quests?
>>
>>608440
>Are all the seasonal events low level friendly?
Yes. All quests are credited at-level. You should be able to get at least half a level of xp per day, especially if you do the booze run quests.
Just don't forget to do class deed quests. Some of them are much more annoying at level cap because you have to find at-level mobs to do them. The burg one where you have to get a crit from sneak is really bad because you basically can only get one sneak attempt per mob.
>>
>>608446
>All quests
all EVENT quests that is
>>
>>608446
Thanks so there is no pressure in leveling fast. Next event is somekind of summer event right? I really liked all the anniversary stuff and did bar fights for hours
>>
>>608455
Yes, midsummer event in june I think?
>>
Fuck I wish I had played this years ago. The world is so interesting and I like the slow gather bear asses gameplay. Saw some cool statue with names of people from some competition
>>
Can someone explain virtues to me? I know they give me stats but do certain actions level certain type of virtues etc or how do they level up? I am level 24 and now started to look into them and I have bunch of them at random levels
>>
>>608544
Deeds (and hobbit gifts to an extent, and some endgame weekly stuff) give you virtue experience. It goes from 1000 to 2000 or so virtue XP for a level. Most deeds that give virtue XP give 1-2k. If you click the picture on a virtue so it says [Earning], experience goes to that one first. Then it goes to any others you have equipped, before starting with Charity and going in order.
>I have a bunch of them at random levels
Are you a returning player? Deeds used to give specific virtue levels, now they give the generalized virtue XP.
>>
>>608544
Virtues are a bunch of things that you can choose from to affect your attributes, and you get a few points toward them from doing stuff like finishing quests and deeds.
But their real purpose is being yet another opportunity to sell boosts in the cash shop.
>>
How do I make my bear stay in combat? It keep constantly leaving the enemy and running to AFK next to me while the enemy is still alive regardles of being set to helping/aggressive mode. Like I have to constantly set it to attack manually cause it goes and does a few hits and runs to my side
>>
>>608588
LM pet gives up once the opponent "goes passive", which can include merely being stunned. That and being a pain in the ass is all I know about it.
>>
>>608588
>>608591
Yes, the pet will stop attacking when you CC the enemy in a way that breaks on damage. Probably the most egregious would be the root from cracked earth, because for that entire 10 seconds your pet will not fucking touch it unless you specifically tell it to engage again.
>>
How do I move UI elements? Like people say its Ctrl \ but how the fuck do you imput that? no matter what I do it doesn't enable modifying
>>
Some lore masters have different looking birds/bears. Are those quest rewards or just later level stuff?
>>
>>608661
go to keybindings and change it to something else
i couldnt figure out what the default binding is supposed to be either
>>
>>608667
Jeweler crafted.
https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Lore-master_Items_Index#Lore-master_Talismans
>>
>>608610
Yeah, forcing the pet to attack was instantly dragged onto my 1 key because you use that shit all the time, not just at start shit.
>>
>>608661
If you have an non-us keyboard it can be a different key than \. I think it is still the same position on the keyboard it's jst a different key. Whatever is where the | \ key is on a us keyboard should do it with ctrl held at the same time.
>>
>>608888
I think I remember someone saying it was ~ on their keyboard
>>
How is leveling with yellow line loremaster?
>>
What class is closest to some kind of ice magician? I want to throw blizzards and freeze everybody
>>
>>608661
>but how the fuck do you imput that?
You hold down the ctrl key, then press the \ key. Unless maybe you have a fucked up keyboard with no \ key, but you just typed it. Then all sorts of boxes appear on your screen where the UI elements go. You try to find the right one, then grab the little strip of rectangle above it and move it around.
Then you do ctrl-\ again to turn it off.
>>
>>609318
I tried ctrl + that key and nothing happened then I tried ctrl + alt + that key or even with alt gr and none of the mappings/ways of pressing it worked. Solution was to go and remap the key
>>
>>609211
You'll just kill slower. They debuffs are basically unnecessary for leveling. But I also don't play LM so maybe it's better for soloing difficult content and I have no idea.
>>609270
Loremaster and Runekeeper both have "some" frost abilities, but not a lot. LM has Frost-Lore which you pick up at the top of the yellow tree and causes a small puff of icy air. Rune-Keeper actually does get a localized blizzard attack and one or two spells that deal frost damage but there's no real way to build around them. In general they're both more about lightning/fire.
>>
How the fuck do you solo Inn of the Forsaken? Everyone said it can be done but the last boss literally 1 shots me and I can't use ANY of the fucking traps as loremaster that apparently are required to kill him. "soloable" my ass
>>
Is monster play active? I want to try it but not sure if there are any players? Or how does it even work
>>
>>609429
>literally one shots me
Use your bear. Heal it too while fiddling with the spike trap positioning. I did it as blue and having the extra heal from inner fire was enough. It WILL die, but every time it does you can resummon and the taunt will be ready again.
>I can't use ANY of the fucking traps
You don't need to use the 'trap mechanism', there are pressure plates at the front and back of the ship you stand on to trigger them. The hard part was positioning the bear so that the boss was standing on spikes.
>>609473
From what I hear it's not terribly active. But I did see someone on Arkenstone filling a Moors raid yesterday so I guess it does happen.
>>
>>609487
>pressure plates at the front and back of the ship
You mean up the stairs that are blocked by invisible walls? I literally cannot jump to them cause invisible walls block the pressure plates.
>>
>>609488
Okay, you got me there. I just walked onto the ship and used the inscription stone (which I have no idea what it does) but there was nothing blocking the stairs.
>>
>>609493
Like I am confused cause when I got there I understood that I would need to use traps but when all the buttons are locked on other classes and the pressure plates are blocked I was so confused on how it was supposed to be done solo then. Cause I can tank 0 hits and bear tanks 2 hits at best and I can spam heal it but I literally can only get it to like 99% without the traps lol
>>
>>609498
Not being able to access the stairs definitely just sounds like a bug, but I have no idea what you can do against that bullshit. Getting one shot sounds like you need better gear, maybe. I did it at 44 and with 2000 health he was hitting me for about 600.
>>
>>609505
I am just a level 26 lore master so I guess I come back to that quest later cause I assume its some side thing?
>>
>>609506
Yeah it's completely optional stuff.
>>
>>609506
For a long time that was even a paid content raid. Then came summer 2020 when they opened up everything for a few months.
>>
>>608661
>how the fuck do you imput that?
Options > Keybinding.
>>
Does the gear get more fancy looking later on? I want to look like gandalf with big wizard hat and robes
>>
>>609532
drop gear actually starts looking more stupid after a while, you can apply gear cosmetically instead of showing the random crap that you wear for stats
If you want gear that looks cooler at higher levels, Final Fantasy is that way >>>>>>
>>
>>609546
To be fair I actually just want a good looking wizard hat. I already have a cloak that I will never replace so I don't really see rest of my gear. Does any wide brim wizard hat exist?
>>
>>609532
>Does the gear get more fancy looking later on?
Outfitter vendor if you are poor. Lalia's Market if you are rich (outside of the game). Cosmetics vendor in the nearest skirmish camp. I do the last one because I dont have any use for medallions yet.
>>
>>609549
Just keep watching for hats and try them on as they drop while doing the normal epic quests. And there's a nice hat from the fall festival that's got a few maple leaves on it, and goes with a cape that is half maple leaves, the hat good with navy blue dye on it.
>>
>>609532
To be honest, the gear stays pretty grounded. You start to see the styles develop a bit more as you get to Dunland and beyond, I think. There are raid sets and cosmetic items that just go full fantasy too. As the other anon said check the outfitter NPCs and Skirmish camps. Festivals are also a big source of cosmetics, pic related is from the summer one. But I'm sure I've seen plenty of similar hats just around the game. As far as cloth hats go I think the higher level you get, the more they seem to trend toward hoods and circlets rather than pointy wizard hats. I was looking but I didn't see any that were quite as big and floppy as gandalf's.
>>
Started this as side mmo and I really enjoy just doing random fetch quests and taking it slow. I will do the meme mount collecting as my long term goal and try to get as many as are available anymore after leveling to max
>>
>>609565
>after leveling to max
4 months from now...
>>
Where was steed of rivendel obtained originally? I don't remember where I got it and wiki says its store and I know 100% I didnt' buy it from there
>>
>>609726
Did you buy a Middle-earth Essentials pack? There's a box in there that lets you choose it.
>>
>>609749
Oh that is where it was from. Thanks cause I was confused that wiki said it was just straight up sold for 2000 points and I would remember that
>>
>>609498
Yeah, I also had the stairs blocked and everything else was for other classes. Didn't even realise you are supposed to be able to activate the traps with the pressure pad because of that.
>>
I sold shit ton of useless steam stuff and bought all the mounts from shop. How was your day?
>>
>>609726
There is a faction vendor in the caverns at rivendell. You need kindred iirc. Farm rep items at the ruins north central trollshaws. There are also craftable rep items, scholar I think?
>>
>>608247
You should go cry on the official forums, you'll fit in perfectly.
>>
I wish I could pay lotro points/mithril during anniversary to "catch up" with my rewards cause I started in 2007 but I took a 4 year break and only have 11/15 of the rewards. I love the crystal title
>>
Are the forums broken or do they need a different login info other than your game account?
>>
File: 1647274261826.png (486 KB, 1200x675)
486 KB
486 KB PNG
>can grind mobs for quests no problem
>walk halfway through the zone to talk to this dude then come back and then go back to talk to him again
>feel instant burnout coming
>bought 500 mithril coins and just teleport throught the epic questline vol 3
i have been played by the real money jew and i admit it
>>
>>610422
I on the other hand couldn't handle quests like that in WoW and I was so tired of the shitty boar ass quests there meanwhile in Lotro I happily run around doing "kill bears" quest for the 20th time cause its just so much fun to explore slowly
>>
What place do I need to follow/read to know all the events/updates/promotions? Official twitter?
>>
>>610543
https://www.lotro.com/home#homeNews
>>
How often the double lotro point offers happen? I have like 1000e worth of useless steam currency that has been sitting around for ages and I realized I can use them to pay for lotro stuff
>>
>try monster play
>pick a monster
>see human
>die in 1s
Is this worth even trying?
>>
>>610581
More often around real holidays. I remember they did triple points around christmas I think.
>>610593
I've never tried it, I always heard creeps were underpowered compared to freeps so I'm not surprised.
>>
File: 1541113335904.png (186 KB, 545x476)
186 KB
186 KB PNG
>>610593
>noob goblin gets one-shotted
you were surprised?
>>
>>610782
How are you supposed to progress it? I obtained like 20 quests but I can't leave 10 yards further from the base without getting ganked by 2 guys 1 shotting me lol
>>
Is hunter only class that can teleport at will to various locations?
>>
How hard is it to get a house? I got some premium permits or something
>>
>>610802
warden has teleports to the locations hunter can guide to but does not have teleport to camp
>>
>>610814
Basic houses are about a gold, deluxe houses are around 7-8, which doesn't take all that long. You can have one basic or deluxe house, and can get them one in Dwarf, Elf, Human or Hobbit lands. New neighborhoods are auto generated when an old one fills up so look around the lots, pick a home you like and then find a neighborhood that still has that house available. You can't buy those with writs, just ingame gold.

Premium writs are for bigger(?) houses out in Belfalas, Eastfold or the Iron Hills. I think 6 is enough to get one of the Belfalas ones. I never fucked with these because they cost the writs which are real money or bundle stuff. But even the smallest one seems bigger than a 'deluxe' house. As far as I know, you can have as many of these types of houses as you want.
>>
What do you get from monster play? Is it just a minigame or can you carry out something from it to your main characters? Appearances/frames etc?
>>
I am not really into melee and bows so I am left with rune keeper and loremaster. Both seem really awful for solo play at the end game and from my knowledge out of these 2 you have to go yellow lore master which is again bad for solo. Is rune keeper really that bad that its not played? I just want to be non bow ranged
>>
>>611271
>Is rune keeper really that bad that its not played?
No? Of the two "casters" I usually see way more RKs on. As far as I know they're quite decent solos because they can heal themselves, kite with yellow or really nuke with red. At the beginning of the expansion I remember seeing people looking specifically for champs OR red RKs for AoE potential. I'd take that with a grain of salt because I haven't played either caster past 50.
>>
How long will it take to reach rank 15 in PvMP? Cause I see it requiring millions of points and quests give 10
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNourqBsEZw
video on monster play basics
>>
>>611271
im assuming you are creating a new character and are new to the game
you got 2 skill trees for free so you can be red and yellow if you want you just click the swap button
you level all classes as their max damage spec because otherwise killing stuff takes forever
runekeeper has 2 damage specs but red outperforms yellow by a huge margin
>>
How the fuck does the instance finder work? I make one nobody joins I join one NOTHING happens. Where is the chat? Where do I go? Where does it start? What the fuck is this tool
>>
>>612009
>What the fuck is this tool
Garbage. I remember there was a queue once but no idea why they trashed it. Though it was pretty crap too. Don't even bother with the tool, just use /world or /lff.
>>
File: frodo.jpg (29 KB, 438x435)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>soloing all of the GA challenges at level 32 with crap gear as a warden
Wardens are so much fun and so overfuckingpowered at low levels. I know I'm going to hate playing one at 140 because it takes 10x the APM of any other class to be half as effective but I'm throwing myself off this cliff.
>>
>>612205
personally im not even against the piano gameplay but after doing some leveling on a saturday evening peak hours im never trying to play warden with lag again
>>
>>612226
Yeah the lag problems are another reason playing one just feels like a bad idea. Plus I want to tank. There's basically no reason to not do Guardian instead except self hatred.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.