[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 115 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

File: Screenshot_196.jpg (208 KB, 548x1024)
208 KB
208 KB JPG
lively thread for lively game
>>
Post webms
>>
third deadest game discussed on this board
>>
>>529203
I forgot how much i played this
I ended up having to work overseas so everytime i came back the skill gap got more and more and the devs got gayer and gayer like it was "Forever War"
>>
File: Untitled.png (718 KB, 521x947)
718 KB
718 KB PNG
>>529203
first new thread in a long time
>>
>enemt is out of stamina and can easily run but still tries to keep attacking
amazing
>>
>>529203
good game innit
anyone want to hop on castello refinery?
>>
>>529321
source of that comment?
>>
reminds if my dears your poor of skill to deep understandings with stouty couching, many affordability with "Big Boy Diamond" in your fate
>>
Chiv 2 new maps soon bros
>>
>>530818
When will we get the chiv 2 maps recreated in mordhau? They're very basic but much more aesthetic
>>
>>530837
which one would you like to see
i could redownload the game and see if i can port some to mordhau
>>
>>530854
Lionspire's the one with the bridge to the castle, right? Do that one.
>>
>>530837
never, mordhau modders are retarded
>>
i typed "ni**er" in chat once and tranny mod tripple bans me and I am permamuted from game now. Bad game.
>>
>>530969
How is this game harsher than chiv 2?
>>
>>530837
I would rather see chiv 1 maps remade in mordhau
I miss belmez
>>
>>530869
i tried extracting the game files but shits encrypted and i'm a noob
>>530903
this
>>531289
https://mordhau.mod.io/duelyard-as-seen-in-chivalry
>>
https://youtu.be/tmUkG4PUg5A
looking forward to the new ww2 mod dropping, I bought the game too late to try out the old ww1 mod
>>
>As usual, we suck dick
>here's what we've been working
>As for Arid, the art side of things is chugging along. The town area will be the hardest bit to finish, but we are knocking out the big picture stuff for the art. Once we have all the big pieces in place, the rest should come along really quickly. We're still tweaking a lot, so no screenshots just yet - that being said, we're looking to show some off in the next few weeks.
>We are looking to start early tests of Arid for gameplay purposes. This isn't to squash bugs, but more to identify any potential issues in the map flow - they're a lot easier to fix before everything's set in stone.
>We are looking into relaxing the team switching restrictions; our current plan is to restrict team switches for the first few minutes to prevent people stacking the team that has a slight map advantage, but then allowing free swapping of teams afterwards. We'd like to hear your opinion on this - we know this has been a pretty big issue recently, and we'd like to find a better compromise. Also, Brawl will have no restrictions in place.
>A little bit of backend work is ongoing with mods and SDK related stuff, mostly to make the life of modders easier. mod.io improvements are also something we're eyeing, in terms of keeping things a bit more streamlined and less bloated.
>Crush has been putting work in on riposte changes and attack release mechanics; it's still in a development state, but it's a good step to tweaking combat a bit more in line to our vision.
>US West servers have been swapped out, and we're monitoring feedback on them. Please let us know what your experience is on these!
>The armory rework has been getting a ton of work in bug fixing; as of now, there are only 2-3 known bugs. We'll be testing quite a bit and we'll be sure to find more, but this still marks an important milestone. Next up (aside from testing) is to add a bit more polish with transition elements, etc. so things feel nice and buttery smooth.
>>
>>533101
>>Crush has been putting work in on riposte changes and attack release mechanics; it's still in a development state, but it's a good step to tweaking combat a bit more in line to our vision.
why is this retard still changing combat every patch
>>
>>533102
COMBAT 2.0
or The Cocaine Fueled Antics of a Washed Out Developer
>>
The new map is fucking awesome
>>
Is the archery in this game better or worse than Chivalry 2's?
>>
>>533642
dont know anything about chiv 2 archery but mordhau archery is definitely worse since the faggot devs hate it and made it their duty to make it absolutely useless
>>
File: 2bow.webm (2.97 MB, 960x540)
2.97 MB
2.97 MB WEBM
>>533642
bows in this game are shit if you want to play a typical archer. Only fun things are taking a recurve and plinking faggots from just outside of a fight or carrying 2 crossbows to surprise people
>>
>>533642
It used to be better. I rather archer in chivalry 2
>>
File: 014.webm (2.86 MB, 960x540)
2.86 MB
2.86 MB WEBM
>>534014
based 2bow trickster
>>
File: dog down.webm (2.92 MB, 980x550)
2.92 MB
2.92 MB WEBM
>>534014
>>534606
>needing more than 1 shot
>>
File: duck.webm (2.98 MB, 1000x562)
2.98 MB
2.98 MB WEBM
>>
>>534873
>>534648
>>534606
gayest webms ever posted to 4chan
>>
File: layiage.webm (2.96 MB, 960x540)
2.96 MB
2.96 MB WEBM
>>535221
t. dog
>>
File: no escape 2.webm (2.92 MB, 730x410)
2.92 MB
2.92 MB WEBM
>>535221
show me on the doll where the bowchad touched you
>>
File: 1645111866827.jpg (7 KB, 320x180)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>534014
>plinking faggots from just outside of a fight
You are a bigger nigger than horsefags
>>
No this can't be happening to me
ARROWS
PROJECTILES
ALL MY DRAGS AND ACCELERATIONS AREN'T HELPING ME AIEEEEEEEEEE SAVE ME CRUSH
>>
so why can't you choose swing direction in chiv 2. how the fuck do you enjoy that
>>
>>536155
you can retard, either press alt, or look left or right, granted it takes long mouse distance to trigger that
>>
>>535962
There is no better feeling that standing 20 feet away from a fight, shooting at some plumefag, and watching him immediately lock onto you and go into a blind rage trying to chase you down to the point that he ignores the people he was fighting and gets stabbed in the back
>>
>Hello everyone!
>New week, same drill - if you all have any questions, suggestions, or general thoughts on the game, we'd love to hear them! Like always, please be civil to each other, and also keep things constructive - thanks!
>As for this week, most of the work was on the armory and Arid - there haven't been any major issues so far, currently we've just been taking bites out of our to-do list. A little more detail from this week:
>+ Crush has been making some good progress on ripostes; while changing an animation isn't the most time-consuming thing in the world, there's a difference between changing an animation and making that animation readable. Animations are a huge part of the gameplay, so we've been taking our time here.
>+ Work continues on Arid - it's still the main priority for development. Elwebbaro is working on interior lighting and other FX related things, trying to nail the feel for the level. Lighting on this map will be a little more tricky, but it's still going well.
> * More work on art for structures has progressed - a gatehouse, some castle parts and a few other structures have been modeled and textured, and we should be showing them off in a few days.
> * Pushable objectives on Arid have been tweaked, with some bug fixes as well.
> * The initial Brawl objective setup will be developed alongside INV, and once Brawl is set up, Horde will be next for its initial implementation.
>+ Gamepad compatibility for the new armory is underway - we've been doing quite a bit in general on polishing the armory up, and now is the best time to make sure controllers are usable in the armory.
>And that about covers it!

sorry no armory because controllers need to work for it :) fuck off you stupid nigger devs give me a fucking folder already holy shit
>>
>>539184
they know the game is dead and dont want to put in effort to salvage whats left
imagine if we had NMS tier grit behind the team instead of coke snorting monkeys
>>
the iron company and the free guard, i thought for awhile that these names were just fancy titles for the red v blue trope in multiplayer, but is there something a little more to these two teams?

well, lets start with some backstory. sadly, there isn't a lot of backstory, unlike the masons and agatha knights, these two factions don't really have a history that is very presented to us, so we have to use some context clues to figure some stuff out. first things first, they are both mercenary groups that part is obvious due to the fact that our characters are called mercenaries, well next what we can deduce is their specialties, the free guard seem to specialize in defense while the iron company seem to specialize in destruction, we can gain this information from each side the mercenary companies usually take, the free guard seem to almost always be on the defense, (except on mountain peak at first glance) and the iron company usually seem to be on the attacking side, this is most obvious on grad and camp.
>>
>>541715
so what does this tell us, well not much other than stuff that could be pretty easily figured out by just looking for some obvious context clues. some other things we can gleam that may be more on the speculation side of things is that the free guard seem to be loyal to the king, we can see this by the fact that the free guard defend the king on grad, (however this is somewhat shaky because they could just be being payed a lot to defend him) and on the opposite side of things is that iron company is not loyal to the king. again fairly obvious.

i think the most interesting thing about this is that we may be able to decide what characters belong to what company, (when i say that i mean the voice options) with some voice lines such as "for the king!" and "company!" we can see at least two different voices that are loyal to one side, the former possibly being the free guard, and the latter most likely meaning the iron company. i cant look at all the voice lines to decide which voices belong to which company but i would be happy to see which ones you guys figure out!
>>
>>541716
>(however this is somewhat shaky because they could just be being payed a lot to defend him)
Either way it does seem like there's some kind of invasion/rebellion with blue defending and red attacking. Red has a "Commander" noble and a "Warden" noble while blue has 3 "Wardens," 1 "Commander," 1 "King," and 3 "Nobles."
For grad invasion it's obvious that blue were the ones on the defense. A sensible chronology would be that you have red attack grad (blue get pushed to the castle, their nobles die) before blue does a counterattack in blue attack grad and kills the red commander. The only map where red is defending from a fort is mountain peak. All other maps, red is in a battlefield. Camp is debatable, I guess.
Red also defends Noria, which is like Mountain Peak in that it has a very different style of terrain from most maps (all of which have blue defending in invasion)
>>
File: spawn_harass.webm (2.98 MB, 640x360)
2.98 MB
2.98 MB WEBM
>>534014
Crossbow's cheap enough that Crossbow plus some kind of melee weapon is a ton of fun.
>>
File: cheeky_crossbow.webm (2.97 MB, 1280x720)
2.97 MB
2.97 MB WEBM
>>541755
>>
Thread is dead like game
>>
>>541757
off screen drags need to do 3 damage
>>
>>544724
yeah its funny when you get hit by a 1km/h zweihander drag and it deals 50 damage
looks funny, the drag very slowly approaching and hitting you
very funny
>>
>Usual intro, give us feedback (but only positive because negative is toxic ugh......) we love sucking cock etc
>Arid: The new map is still our primary goal, and work continues on its development.
>The castle section is getting more art done, such as lightmaps, details etc.
>FL/INV are getting further development, with tweaks to the existing structure based on internal feedback.
>The gatehouse area is being further developed; breaking the building into smaller models for performance reasons, etc. as well as texture work.
>The armory is getting fixes and a few tweaks; as of now it's relatively bug-free. There's about a handful of known bugs which are being taken care of; after that the only real effort needed is on making it look as pretty as possible, and finalizing weapon/armor icons.
>Work continues on console-related development for an eventual port. When we expanded the team over the past year or so, we brought in specific developers who focus primarily on console development - this means that progress for the PC version hasn't been affected. Also, some optimization techniques and fixes should find their way to PC, including better gamepad functionality.
>And that's it for this week - thanks for reading.
>>
>>545799
Nothingburger as usual but it's interesting that they're thinking about reworking their game modes. Frontline is basically a test mode.
>>
>>545912
Dont get too excited yet, they are not thinking about reworking their games modes. They are just talking about the map they are working on, the gamemodes themselves are staying how they are (shit)
>>
File: 8k gold.jpg (2.27 MB, 7680x4320)
2.27 MB
2.27 MB JPG
>>545799
>relatively bug free
>console optimization
this is like a bad comedy
>>
Don't die just yet
>>
I fucking love bear traps
>>
File: arid_snippet1.png (2.76 MB, 1920x1080)
2.76 MB
2.76 MB PNG
>It's high time we put out a snippet, so here it is. This is a sneak peak of our sister map to Noria, named Arid. The map's main inspiration is Cairo. Here, you can see the castle's gatehouse, which in reality, is based of the The Bab al Futuh, or in English, "The Gate of Conquest". You can see the more stylistic choices of architecture in this gatehouse, which is a common architectural aspect of old Cairo, and so will be frequently seen in the architecture of the map. In Arid, the Free Guard is attacking the defending Iron Company, starting with an attack on the gatehouse, moving through the beautiful city, and finishing at a stunning temple and gardens. And of course, the most astute among you, may have noticed that it is a night time theme, finally! We hope this gives you a good insight into Arid. Thank you.
>>
>>553286
So we're actually getting a second invasion map? Good.
>>
>>553286
oh wow the ps2 finally got a game
>>
>>553336
It will be a shit map
>>
>Hey all blah blah blah niggers tongue my angus
>As for development, here's a screenshot of what we've been working on for the past few weeks! Arid is coming along pretty nicely, especially with some improved workflows and also getting all hands on deck in terms of artists for development.
>As you might be able to tell, we've hid a few things behind that gatehouse and castle wall; there are a bunch of buildings back there which are being developed. A good amount of them are modeled and textured, but a few are still just gray boxes. Work continues on creating models and textures based on reference pictures, tweaking the map layout in small ways, and improving certain objects on the map. For example, some of our artists are reducing the poly counts on the exterior rocks to improve performance, post processing on the skybox and lighting is underway, so on and so forth.
>Arid is a pretty ambitious map, but we're absolutely seeing good progress on our end; we can't predict exactly when it will be ready, but we're working as hard as we can to get it finished.
>Last thing: with the size of our team growing, we've been making a big push for more efficiency; part of this is that we'll be splitting our weekly development meeting into smaller meetings for relevant developers, in time zones that work for them. This also means that we will be doing our main development meeting every two weeks from now on.
>I've actually got a question for you all, since the whole point of these posts is to help keep you in the loop on development; would you prefer weekly posts (with every other post having development notes), or would you rather have a post every two weeks instead? Please let us know in the subreddit post down below - thanks! You can also vote with reactions here, A = weekly, B = every two weeks
>Thanks for reading!

Now these weekly updates, which they forgot half of the time anyways, will be every two weeks
>>
>>529203
I'm still pissed the devs dropped the ball on this game, it was one of the only games I was so invested in I actually applied, and joined a competitive team for.
>>
>>554057
same. had tons of fun in my team and now we just pubstomp with meme builds once a month out of nostalgia and spite.
>>
Why can't I just hold block down, feign spamming is so fucking lame.
>>
>>557164
Are you talking about Reflex Guard? All assassin characters (and Shaolin) have Reflex Guard, which means that their guard will degrade in a second or two after switching what direction they're blocking. If that's your problem, it might be worth switching to another kind of hero until you're more used to the combat system. Reflex Guard is annoying.
>>
>>557173
Shit wrong thread.
>>
File: 1549387902597.jpg (47 KB, 680x680)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
Had fun with 4 other friends in this game
A tranny janny joins
Bans one of us for teamkilling eachother
We tell him we're friends and it was consensual
He bans the rest of us for being toxic males and DARING to use the f word in his presence (friends)
even the one that didnt do any teamkilling at all got a 1 week ban
>>
>>529203
i was watching stayinthegrave on youtube, proper invasion shenanigans.. channel ends up getting terminated while i'm watching
>>
File: janny.png (74 KB, 427x301)
74 KB
74 KB PNG
>>529203
Just what goes makes a janny like Exist act like this in US Central? They truly love killing the game.
>>
>>558247
For some reason all of the faggiest mods are in the US
>>
>>558267
EU has a mod that is literally just a dude who got bullied so hard by better players that he sucked dick for moderator rank to use the 1411 to shoot people farming him
it doesnt help him much lmao
>>
The in game moderators being faggots is the reason I stopped playing this game. With the dwindling amount of players, and no community servers besides duel garbage still, I frequently had to play in games with moderators. Hated having to walk on eggshells with whatever I did.
>>
>>558595
There's some community servers starting up. Just yesterday I was playing some Castle Wars. Of course, the devs don't advertise or encourage fan creation.
>>
File: numbers.png (87 KB, 745x152)
87 KB
87 KB PNG
oh no no no no no mordbros
>>
>>558799
It's entirely the devs' fault
I enjoy the combat but man, playing the same fucking maps over and over gets old. They should have been prioritizing map creation from day 1
>>
>>558871
At least they are working on in-game reporting, more tools for all the moderators they hired, and trying to reduce """toxicity""" in the game. Surely that will save it!
>>
>>558799
Fantastic game gone stale due to awful project management. I don't blame them, the whole team is first-time devs. I'm not surprised either, considering the game itself was like four years past its original Kickstarter deadline when it released. They built a great game but have no idea how to actually run a business. I'll be back whenever the next update is, which could be months from now.
>>
>>558247
Apparently he claims he has a wife & kids. Not sure how a level 265 with the thinnest skin imaginable could hold down a woman. Let alone raise children.
>>
File: cuck mod hau.png (302 KB, 929x481)
302 KB
302 KB PNG
>>559588
>implying they're his children
>>
Playing Halo Infinite made me appreciate this game's cosmetics. So many games have retarded as shit cosmetics and at least Mordhau's a lot more toned down.
>>
It's up.

https://youtu.be/Uvaz1Svq794
>>
>>561579
>Stouty
Opinion disregarded
>>
>>561630
So you have no response. Funny how that is always how it goes when stouty calls out the subhuman devs
>>
>>561632
>doesn't play FL
>doesn't plan Invasion
Why should I care about your opinion?
>>
>>561579
>stouty
didnt this guy quit mordhau in november? wow its impressive how hes still always in the top 5 ranked players despite having quit half a year ago.
>>
>>561632
no i just hate stouty because

1) he is gay
2) he sucks dick
3) i dont like his face
4) he got bullied in school
5) he has low functioning autism (the bad kind)
6) he actually doesnt play the full game, but sits in his gay little duelyard and skirmish servers with everything that farms him banned/"tweaked" and i personally managed to farm him on one of his little detours into official servers despite me being total shit at the game, which means the SELF PROCLAIMED #1 is bad
7) giru is funnier
>>
>>561657
Link me the exact time stamp where I said I'd quit? Oh wait I never said that, retard
>>
>>561658
you got a kill on someone pretending to be me, you'd get 10-0'd in an ft10 cos you're some pub shitter, rest is nice projections
>>
>>561736
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb8xhcSoaao
10:45
>>
>>561784
>and whilst I still occasionally play...possibly I'll scrape together another video or two
Thanks for proving my point
>>
>>561784
Actually I suspect your initial comment wasn't really an insult to me or meant to be meanspirited, so I apologise for my reaction, most comments tend to be so and so sometimes I mis-identify the neutral ones
>>
>>561784
Also I'm gay.
>>
>>561801
Congrats on coming out anon
>>
>>561746
He won't respond like all the insects.
>>
stouty you British fuck keep bantering so these shit threads stay alive
>>
>>561943
He's mad that we don't respect him
>>
>>561971
You implicitly respect me by dodging the ft10. Know your place dog
>>
>>561937
Semper fi stoutlaw
>>
I liked when stouty showed up on /v/, was instantly challenged, completely btfo the faggot from the thread, and then everyone in the thread kept pretending to be stouty for 2 threads as they pretended that stouty somehow lost in the end
>>
>>562238
why do people not like him?
>>
>>562241
He is smug about being good at the game, which upsets shitters
>>
>>562249
why is he smug about it?
>>
oh boy a thread to discuss this absolute shit game-
nevermind.

have a funny webm, cunts. might aswell piss in the smegma puddle.
>>
File: STOUTY.png (253 KB, 672x468)
253 KB
253 KB PNG
MORDHAU devs btfo
>>
carpal tunnel st**ty KNEELS to the tryhard Player VERSUS Player KVNG JeeNine™ Media®, Salt Disciple of LOW. TIER. GOD. (pbuh كلب الملح) bo9

Big Fish, Small Pond.
Play a REAL competitive game with DEPTH.

[This post is contains derivative content of registered provider JeeNine™ Media®, G9 United (Abu Dhabi, Canada.)]
>>
>>562283
Stoutlaws and the Covenant have an alliance, I think I read somewhere that Stouty is actually a green gem
>>
>>562283
BASED BASED BASED
>>
File: 1618529081285.jpg (47 KB, 330x315)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>562282
he still plays their game though
>>
>>562303
wrong, my last video was Hunt clips, I only coach and play ranked (which is now bugged)
>>
>>562314
why did you care so much about the pro scene when most professional level games have an massive casual playerbase to support it
>>
>>562715
I care about both, I think we need to get casuals involved in small scale ranked matches so they have incentive to keep playing (like how everyone in "casual" csgo plays ranked 5v5)
>>
>>562723
There's already brawl and guess what, it's far less popular than FL/Inv
>>
>>562260
If you're the best in the game, know more about good balance than the head combat dev who nerfed things you did to shit on him, and have to watch that game die because of devs not listening to your feedback, why wouldn't you be a little cocky. Most of it is just banter tho because like all brits Stouty is genetically hardwired to talk shit esp about the US competitive scene.
>>
>>562810
nowhere near similar to ranked 5v5 csgo
>>
clearly mordhau needs csgo's lootboxes
>>
Since you're here Stouty, whats the progress on Contingent? Are they making the combat more like Mordhau w/o drags or M&B? What do you think of the gane Giru is working on, Ad Mortem?
>>
>>562921
It's coming along nicely although the initial crowdfund date that was put out has been delayed (as is the way with these game developers)

I'm the combat designer and with 6k+ hours between chiv/mordhau it's definitely more inspired by those two titles although I think warband does some things right as well. It will have real time swings like chiv/mordhau.

As for Giru's game, I have as much idea as you - will be interesting to see all the different approaches from these new FPM games
>>
>>529939
My ass
>>
>>563311
will it have niggers and women
>>
>>563885
Yes, I'm not a chud.
>>
>>564590
but your posting on the chud place
>>
Chudty Poaching
>>
>>564590
Wasn't me but yeah why wouldn't you want the game to reach out to all demographics, plenty of girls play valorant/overwatch simply because of female characters
>>
File: 1648013201745.webm (2.95 MB, 1090x616)
2.95 MB
2.95 MB WEBM
>>565076
will you remove feint abuse
>>
>>565136
Can't give details on combat yet
>>
>Hey all!
>As you might know, we are faggots
>more useless shit here
>We're aware of people building stuff in the sky; while some of this isn't disruptive to the game, unfortunately people are abusing it and griefing matches. We're looking at ways to fix this for the next update, while removing disruptive players from officials for a little while.
>The scimitar will be getting tweaks to bring it more in-line with other weapons.
>Team switching restrictions will be changed; after the first few minutes, teams will be unlocked. This should help to prevent people stacking a specific team initially, but allow people to swap sides afterwards to keep things balanced. If this doesn't work, we'll look into further fixes.
>As for our meeting, we discussed a bit of feedback regarding:
>Spawn banner balance and possible tweaks - we've seen (especially on the Discord) quite a bit of complaints, so we're looking into ways to tone it down if needed.
>some issues with double parries (which we think might be more of an issue with super slow release weapons)
>DLC sabatons having a hole with certain leg armors; we'll be fixing this shortly.
>Picking up weapons being a little too finnicky in some situations, which we're investigating.
>More frequent double XP/gold weekends - we're looking into ways to automate it for potentially each weekend, plus UI stuff to actually show there's double XP. We'd like to know your thoughts on this!

1/3
>>
>In terms of development progress:
>Work continues on Arid! We're cranking out meshes for buildings, creating art and also propping a bit as well. The objectives and base structure of the level is pretty much complete, but now we're doing art passes; going from pretty basic (slightly ugly) looking buildings and objects (first pass) to refining and improving the quality across the board. We'll keep doing this, doing art passes until the map looks like a map, as opposed to having a few buildings as grey boxes.
>What's different compared to our previous maps is the workflow; before, we kind of did art passes while adjusting the layout and objectives all simultaneously, which led to all the different parts of what makes a map fighting each other and kind of slowing down progress. This time we worked first on the structure, objectives and then doing art; this makes things a lot more efficient and has saved us a lot of effort, and more importantly time.

2/3
>>
>Other notes:
>Crush has been doing a little work on female characters, working on tweaking proportions and some initial setup. Female characters are not planned for this upcoming update, but we're laying the groundwork for the next major update after Arid. Just to clarify so we don't set some false expectations - female characters are still in the early stages, and the stuff we showed off in the past was very much a non-playable prototype. tl;dr - next major update after this one, most likely.
>Some work on Arid buildings, etc. as explained above - we'll be showing off a snippet most likely with the next post! We're trying to improve the quality of all buildings as we go, instead of making one or two buildings super polished - much more efficient this way, but also leads to us not having amazing looking screenshots.
>Console work, which is going along pretty well - we found an issue with texture streaming and optimization, which we've taken care of.
>UI fixes for the new armory, especially for some input stuff with gamepads. Really all that's left now is importing some equipment thumbnails which are getting a few tweaks here and there, as well as a few more QA passes and finding bugs. The armory is pretty much done, and once we have the thumbnails finalized, we'll be sure to show of some snippies
>Some work on the new animations, this time for polearm idle/walking animations currently.
>The Arid's smaller, non-unique buildings have been receiving a lot of love from our artists, Urs and Zocky.
>That's all for this one!

3/3

The tl;dr is that the new map will be just shitty as the others because they focus on making it look pretty, and folders for the armory are STILL a work in progress
>>
>>565076
no you retard, they play it because its a popular fps, no girls are going to play an autistic niche animation abusing game like this irrespective of female models
>>
>>565446
Why do more girls play overwatch then CSGO then per capita? You are provably wrong about this btw
>>
>>565449
https://www.pcgamesn.com/overwatch/overwatch-female-player-count
>>
>>565436
>>Spawn banner balance and possible tweaks - we've seen (especially on the Discord) quite a bit of complaints, so we're looking into ways to tone it down if needed.
Buildchads... not like this. They already nerfed it, why the fuck do they need to nerf it more? We already cant build on half of the map and they will probably just make it even worse.
>>
>>565449
i dont care, girls do not play melee slasher games, thats a fact, adding female models wont change this
now if you made a melee slasher game with a shitty gay pleb art style and female moba champs they might, but oh wait, arcane warfare already happened and it fucking died on impact, good riddance
>>
>>565468
they didn't play fps either...until overwatch
>>
>>565480
except they also played cs go, because its a popular game, overshit is also a popular game, thats the main deciding factor as to whether girls play it or not, because the average gamer is a pleb shiteater, there are way less girls who play games, so by reasoning most girls are plebs who play popular shit regardless of whether or not it has girl characters
>>
UH, ALL THE ARCHERS OR ARCHIGGERS AS I LIKE TO CALL THEM, GET OFF THIS COMMUNITY BECAUSE IT'S FOR SWORD USERS ONLY, UNDERSTAND? CAUSE IF YOU DON'T I WILL MAKE ARCHERS DROP THEIR BOWS AGAIN!!!
>>
>>565446
this and the ones that are autistic enough will play the game regardless
>>
>>565480
>the 0.1% of thems theys didn't play team fortress 2
>>
>>529203
why does stouter argue with no names on reddit
>>
File: dumb horseniggers 4.webm (2.93 MB, 1000x562)
2.93 MB
2.93 MB WEBM
>>565500
who is more oppressed, bowchads or buildchads?
>>
>>565544
nice digits
triternion oppresses buildchads but the community oppresses bowfags
>>
>>565537
because you fell for my larp
>>
>>565449
hehe... yeah... """"""girls""""""
>>
>>565544
that webm looks so fluid
i miss old mordhau
>>
>>565537
it's funny to watch them crumble after asking 2 questions
>>
Just came back to Mordhau and holy fuck the packet loss. Its just utterly completely random and happens frequently enough to stop me getting engrossed in repeat matches.
>>
>>563885
>>564590
>>565076

A lot of people play it for just being in a vacuum of a certain location and time period (and no, them running around in jester sonic outfits and naked with mauls doesnt break the vacuum) so as much as I think you can do it well, people need to be cautious that you're not ruining the feel of the game with adding these characters.
>>
>>534014
Recurve shitters rise up

Love jumpshotting people in a scrum and getting headshot kills from withing striking range.

My go-to class:

Recurve
Arming sword
Targe

Huntsman
Mule
>>
>>557506
F
>>
File: shitter shattered.png (724 KB, 1642x496)
724 KB
724 KB PNG
>>568576
the story has a happy ending though
he didn't show his face again after this
>>
File: Rock .png (2.24 MB, 2560x1440)
2.24 MB
2.24 MB PNG
>>568583
Well done lad

>post yer loadouts
>>
File: Recurve.png (1.66 MB, 1959x1239)
1.66 MB
1.66 MB PNG
>>565544
Builders it seems

I really disagree with the horse nerf too. I looked at them like a power weapon or tank in battlefield. Had some pretty easy counters too.
Running around castle walls with estoc and pushing people off was so fun. The delay feels like ass now and they're just not worth using.
>>
File: dumb horseniggers 3.webm (2.99 MB, 1000x562)
2.99 MB
2.99 MB WEBM
>>568597
>Had some pretty easy counters too.
Correct
Horses were fine at launch because buildchads could easily shut them down. Then they nerfed toolbox and horses ran unopposed for months
>>
>>569001
i mean if you're running skillhook you already have all the power against horses, building is redundant
>>
loively thread init
>>
>As usual, we are gay
>Like before, we're keeping a running list of known problems:
>The sky-building stuff is being investigated; for now, our moderators will be removing people who use this method to be disruptive or grief matches.
>The scimitar will be getting nerfed a bit!
>Team switching restrictions will be changed; after the first few minutes, teams will be unlocked. This should help to prevent people stacking a specific team initially, but allow people to swap sides afterwards to keep things balanced. If this doesn't work, we'll look into further fixes.
>>
>Development update:
>Mostly, we're just working on Arid - it's coming along rather well (read more below about that) and we don't foresee any major setbacks or problems. Aside from this, the armory and some other features/content planned for the next update are wrapping up. Unfortunately, there's not too much to say aside from that - it's a lot of repetitive work that just needs to be taken care of, and we're working as hard as we can on it! We didn't have as many people able to make this meeting due to real-life obligations, so it's a bit short in terms of notes. We should be back to normal next time, though.
>We're still getting work done on Arid, and we're making good progress! By the end of this week or so, we should have all buildings completed for their first art pass. Once that's done, we'll be adding some extra trim structures (archways between buildings, etc.) working on some doors, and knocking out some ground meshes. There's a bit of propping and some smaller minor things, but we're working as hard as we can.
>We're in the process of implementing cosmetics for the next update - these have been previously developed items, and we're adding them into the armory, setting up costs, doing some miscellaneous tweaks and edits. Speaking of cosmetics, we're fixing a few clipping issues with some DLC sabatons, as well as allowing some monochrome team colors with the surcoat, etc.
>The new Armory is essentially finished! We have all the main work done; the only real remaining thing is adding the equipment icons, and for those we only have hand armor/gloves left to do, and those shouldn't take much time at all. With that sorted, we'll just be doing a bit of testing and fixing any small bugs that might pop up prior to release. Once the icons are in, we'll be sure to show off a screenshot or two!
>And that's it for this week
>>
>>575362
I've lost all hope in these retards
>>
>>The scimitar will be getting nerfed a bit!
how long has it been out now? half a year? it took them half a year to notice that the scimitar is a little bit too powerful? it took them half a year to notice something that a regular player can notice after a few days?
>>
>>578271
t-they are just a small indie studio!!
>>
Are jannies just an USA thing? On Euro servers I rarely, if ever see them.
>>
are you still playing a dead game? just move on and play something else anon.
>>
>>579464
I sunk 3000 dollars into Stouty coaching but I'm still just gold, surely I'll get better the more I play
>>
>>579464
No it is still the most fun "fps" out there
>>
should I bother with this game or just buy chiv2 when it comes to steam this summer?
>>
>>579763
This game is retarded but chiv 2 is worse. There's a reason this has a thread but chiv 2 doesn't
>>
>>579896
>There's a reason this has a thread but chiv 2 doesn't
mordhau playerbase is moar racism ?
>>
>>580014
Mordhau playerbase is more exist
>>
Mordbros...we lost.

https://youtu.be/7UECwUuFNyA
>>
>>580918
>women characters still aren't in Mordhau
>BUT chiv 2 had it on launch!!!!!!!
>>
>>580947
no wenches?
>>
>>580918
fuckin hell stouty you're gonna make me reinstall that bot filled game
>>
>>580968
It's honestly very fun, just don't join a duelyard
>>
MORDHAU DED COUSE NO WAMEN LEL
>>
>>580918
If my King says Chiv 2 is better, I will purchase it when it comes to Steam.
>>
>>581002
I'd recommend buying it just to tilt crush (try to pick it up on a sale)
>>
>>580918
>Shit vs Shit: Why Shit Wins
should have titled it "Why Everyone Loses" instead
>>
>>580918
all the points were okay but the women one was fucking retarded. The only thing chiv 2 is missing is the customization man. what other game can you make Mario hold a maul and cronch SpongeBob?
>>
>>580918
good points on triturdions failure to transcribe what made chivalry good to mordhau
absolute brainlet take on the female question though
>>
>>553286
woa holy shit this is all the game needed, this half year will have been worth it when Triternion finally releases a map, they're so good at those, wow look at that map. things are looking up mordbros
>>
>>581367
Yes.
Except they should have learned from TF2 and its design and went
>God, making maps takes ages. Let's get the fans to do it and include the winners in the official rotation.
and made a fucking custom map contest
>>
File: Capture.jpg (19 KB, 692x285)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
professional
>>
>>582693
>the steam awards insulting him
Nobody respects the mods
>>
>>582693
They deleted the thread since everyone was shitting on the mod
>>
I tried playing some chiv 2 again today
Man, I really wish we had a game that was more casual than mordhau but it's not gonna happen. Chiv 2 is trying to be more casual while simultaneously being even jankier
>>
Do you think mordhau could've turned out differently if the devs had just focused on encouraging community modded FL/INV? I think so
>>
Well, I'm gonna try my hand at mordhau modding. See you fucks in a year when I've singlehandedly saved mordhau by shitting out invasion maps
>>
>>582693
>chill player
>turns into a fucking asshat the moment he becomes a moderator
>>
>>585266
powertripping, many such cases
>>
>>584030
it's literally a childs game
but making your map aesthetically pleasing is something else
>>
>>579464
just for little highs. I understand that the game mechanics have fundamental flaws to them, but which other fucking game can you see dwarf sonic and Mario taking on Gordon Ramsay with mauls? None.

Pvp is pretty cancer. Feint spamming is a bitch move and anyone who does it should get their hands chopped and be fed to shark infested waters.
>>
>>585711
t. chamberlet
>>
File: 20220419090814_1.jpg (318 KB, 2560x1440)
318 KB
318 KB JPG
>Hey everyone,
>As usual, we are soi sucking niggers and faggots .please dont be toxic ok bye ;)
>As for feedback, this week we looked at quite a few things, although a few notable talking points this week were:
>We touched on a bit of feedback about annoying objective designs, such as one defender being able to hold up the trebuchet on the alternate Grad INV map, and how to make things a bit more consistent across the board in terms of gameplay.
>We discussed a few potential issues that were raised about nobles, and a general lack of counterplay for them against ranged opponents. At the moment, no particular decision on this but we are exploring some options.
>A few general discussions about combat and potential timing issues, etc. also occurred. As always, more specific feedback is massively helpful to us - so if you've got any issues, please let us know!
>Development updates:
>The new Armory is more or less finished! We'll be showing off various features of it in the coming days, but here's a quick overview. Not only does it look objectively better, but it's also much easier and quicker to navigate. You might notice some loadout folders on the left-hand side too
(note, this armory unironically looks soulless as fuck)

1/2
>>
>It's probably not a surprise, but the main focus remains on developing Arid. After completing the first art pass, we're now working on a few tweaks to models/textures etc. which should be a bit less involved. Currently, there's a focus on tying the buildings into the roads and terrain, so things don't have abrupt edges etc. Some architectural details are also being added, such as a few arches, columns etc. as well as pumping out windows, doors, etc. Lastly, the palace is nearing its initial art completion within a few days, and then art development will move over to the outside gardens and palace grounds.
>As for the gameplay element of the map, that's essentially completed. Our goals going forward are finishing the art and doing further optimization to increase frames. As a plus side, the assets we've been creating are good looking but also relatively low-impact in terms of performance, and the layout of the map also should help with regard to performance. We'll be monitoring this as we go and keeping frames as high as possible.
>We've been putting a bit more work into the female characters, and we'll be testing out an initial implementation for the body poses and basic animations. Work on the character models will pick up more in the future, but most of our art team is focused on Arid for this patch.
>Of course, that's not all we've been up to - there's quite a bit of behind the scenes work on various technical aspects of the game and various other changes that help to keep the game running.
>And that's it for this week!
>>
Complete noob to this genre. Should I pick up Chivalry 2 or Mordhau? And which has more players?
>>
>>586828
Chiv 2. Mordhau is dogshit and the only people in this thread are ones with thousands of hours so they have an addiction to the game and cant drop it despite the fact they all hate it.
>>
>>586776
armory looks ugly too.

>>586781
art phase this, art phase that, when the fuck are they going to add something relevant?

>>586828
chiv 2
>>
>>586828
see >>580918
>>
>>586828
Mordhau
Chiv 2 sucks dick to play
>>
>>586876
you wasted 1000s of hours in mordhau and have stockholm syndrome. sad
>>
File: 2castle.2.png (1.01 MB, 1196x531)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB PNG
Download the SDK right now
>>
>>586892
>Epic only
no thanks
>>
>>586893
>not installing epic just to install the sdk
>>
>>586776
Chiv 2 UI looks better than this console shit
>>
>>586776
>maps have decoration removed
>narrow areas removed and replaced with wide open easy to swing a weapon in
>many openings made all over the map to remove chokepoints
>now this giant ugly UI
they are prepping the game for consoles this early?
>>
>>585930
chambers got their fucking window cut in half and with the fake overhead tech and just shitty official servers its even more useless and unreliable now
>>
File: 1550879941264.gif (1.04 MB, 400x500)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB GIF
>>586776
what the fuck is that soulless shit
>"minimalist" """art""" """"style""""
>flip the entire thing for no fucking reason other than shitting on people used to the old design

i am ABSOLUTELY convinced they are killing the game on purpose so they dont have to bother with upkeep anymore and this here is just fulfilling kickstarter obligations so they dont get sued
>>
>>586828
neither
both are dogshit for their own reasons
>>
>>586894
>installing epic
cuck
>>586892
is that 2fort? i made some drafts for that and dm_sdm when the SDK was announced but dropped it when it was epic only and not even good
>>
>>587197
>is that 2fort?
Just the center bit for now, but yes
>>
just played chivalry 2, seems like a pretty fun game to play for a few hours when you're drunk or high but i cant see playing this shit for hundreds of hours like i did in for honor. there's absolutely no fucking depth and the main game modes are complete clusterfucks, 1v1/2v2/4v4's in for honor are so much more strategic than this shit. so much for what the shills here told me
>>
>>587197
>but dropped it when it was epic only and not even good
It's fine. Once you figure out the basics of Unreal editor it's easy enough to use, the only thing you'll be wresting with is the god-awful file structure the game has.
>>
>>587223
If there's no depth, how come I would 10-0 you?
>>
>>587320
>playing 1v1's in a game designed for matches with 40/60 players
you are the type of smelly, obese nignog who plays smash bros "competitively" when it was designed as a party game, instead of playing literally any other fighting game that's actually competitive by design (street fighter, tekken, etc).
>>
>>587320
chivalry 2 doesnt even have a 1v1 game mode, which for honor has and you get matches easily. you have to go to gay ass custom servers and hope another faggot decides to enter
>>
>>587326
>>587327
You didn't answer the question, ubidrone
>>
>>587332
Suck my dick femboi!@!!!!! :D
>>
You know what this game needs? A vote kick moderator keybind.
>>
>>587588
they will just cancel the temp ban, rejoin the server, and ban you for "troll votekick :)"
>>
I wish horde servers without respawns had a vote kill option for when one guy's just cheesing in a corner
>>
Are you soompilled or crowpilled?
>>
>>587954
got love for both but crow added cursed mode to his maps so he's leading atm
>>
>>588830
They both have problems with cash. Cash disparity between players is huge for both. Soom's stuff always ends up being only fun if you're one of the few people with enough cash to keep up with the waves while with crow you're better off just not buying anything until you can get the most expensive stuff.
>>
>>587188
>muh "Feint spamming"
>i cant chamber for unrelated reasons
it is even better when they are pulling ballerina moves since most dont expect it at all, they want to get a parry, and as for "feint spamming" it is just a nobrainer move to chamber or buffer, buffering specially doesn't require any effort at all, your angle could be off and they might still panic parry and call you a gambler
>>
>It depends on the exact spot, there are plenty of places you can get to by climbing that are OOB areas. Plenty of places you can hide banners that the game will allow you to do, but can result in moderation action if it causes people to fall to their death, or the enemy team cannot reasonably take it out.

So you can get kicked from a server for building a spawn banner if it is too hard for the enemy team to destroy.
>>
>>591113
>but can result in moderation action if it causes people to fall to their death
I can get the second part but really? Just don't spawn in a second time and just tell people it's a shit spawn in chat
>>
File: paul allens card.jpg (48 KB, 861x541)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>558799
lets see chivalry 2 statistics
>>
>>558600
still have yet to try that, us east?
checked
>>
tried crows new map minas tirith
cool ass map i must say
>>
>>592337
10fps?
>>
>>541755
>Crossbow's cheap enough that Crossbow plus some kind of melee weapon is a ton of fun.
Reminds me of my anti-archer loadout. I run huntsman with crossbow but mainly run around with some gay war axe. The idea is to do things in melee which is the most fun imo but switch to crossbow to wipe out ranged bastards. My aim sucks ass though so I rarely hit anything.
>>
>>592338
It was rough when enemies spawned, wip though
>>
File: chiv ballerina.webm (1.86 MB, 490x276)
1.86 MB
1.86 MB WEBM
>>529203
>ballerinas are "unrealistic"

then explain this mordfags
>>
>>597333
this is conservation of momentum during target changes, not rapid deceleration of a blade mid air
but you knew that, of course and just wanted to "pretend" to be retarded
go join your own kind over at the other thread, they'll bite
>>
I hate this game, to some degree.
>>
I have this game but I never actually tried playing it much. Do I bother getting good at this game? I don't even get the flow of combat.
>>
>>597920
youre a decade late for that
>>
>>597920
>I don't even get the flow of combat.
it takes a bit getting used to. just keep losing and losing duel after duel and eventually it makes click and you understand it and you start winning and winning and you start to understand the mistakes you make and the game is ten times more fun.
>>
I don't like soom's modded horde maps. Either you get enough cash from kills each wave to stay above the difficulty curve or you don't and every round is you just dying instantly and waiting for the people who did to finish.
>>
>Hey all!
>Like usual, we'd love to hear your current thoughts on MORDHAU - general observations, comments, questions, constructive critique, suggestions; you name it, we'd like to hear it! Staying up-to date with what you'd like to see in the game is super important for us and helps massively with continued development.
>As for development notes:
>With Arid, we're more or less done with all of the base art. The artists have simplified a lot of the assets, etc. to make things a bit easier and speed up development. The rest of the map needs interiors finalized, miscellaneous propping (putting a random barrel here or there, set dressing), lighting, and general cleanup. Most of everything else is done - we've done quite a bit to get the roads and terrain of the map up to par, buildings have textures and models taken care of, etc. The last things to do are to finish up the palace area, fix up a few issues and ideally, we should start playtesting around next week or the week after.
>Other things for the update are some maintenance stuff and fixing a few things (party system is one addition we're working on), as well as the armory of course (which is finalized - bug testing notwithstanding). With the armory it can be shipped pretty much as-is, but Spook is looking into some more QOL things that we'll add if we have the time. If not, the armory is perfectly functional.

1/2
>>
>Female characters have their initial poses and animations in a workable state; when the workload on Arid drops down a bit, we'll transition artists to get models and textures ironed out. Right now, we've been figuring out how to take the male body and squash it in different ways to make it read as a more 'feminine' body type, and there's been some progress there. Lastly, all the cosmetics planned for the next patch will be imported into the game, and receive the backend treatment to get them all showing in-game and in the armory.
>Speaking of the armory - here's a couple of clips that show off the armory in action!
https://imgur.com/a/0q7tMFT
https://imgur.com/a/Nz9fL6i
2/2

tl;dr nothing new, same shit they always say. alot of words to say nothing. armory looking extra soulless in motion
>>
>>598569
I like the look of the new armoury
>>
>>598573
I like things being in categories making them easier to find shit instead of one big list, but the art style and layout of it looks like shit. Kind of shit you see in a mobile game or ubisoft game
>>
>>598566
>to make things a bit easier and speed up development
IT'S BEEN FOUR FUCKING MONTHS ON ONE MAP ARE YOU SHITTING ME
>>
>>599248
They also had to make folders for the armory, work on women, and work on in-game reporting. Cut them some slack.
>>
ROCK
O
C
K
>>
>>529203
I sure am glad they spent time adding women and minorities to the game rather than fixing the core underlying issues and working on content that more than 2% of the player base might actually make use of.
>>
File: Untitled.png (143 KB, 778x421)
143 KB
143 KB PNG
>>600159
wamen are 50% of the population

if they add wamen 50% of the population will start playing this game

therefore the playerbase will increase by 50%

you cant refute this chud
>>
>>600159
It really does seem like a waste of time and effort
>>
>>600159
>>600240
>>600244
You realise they didn't focus on fuck all other than cocaine right? They literally just don't do any work
>>
File: 1617341238921.jpg (48 KB, 1200x1200)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>563311
>Make funni sword game
>Becomes absolute cancer to play because of how busted it is
>Devs are fucking retards
>Game dies
>A bunch of MLG pro turbo gamers make their own better funni sword game with blackjack and hookers and its totally going to resolve all the problems that happened with the old one
>Devs turn out to be fucking retarded again and the game becomes absolute cancer to play and dies even faster than last time
>Another generation of MLG pro turbo gamers now grab their ball and go on to make their own betterer funni sword game and surely this time it won't turn into a dumpster fire

Well, best of luck to you. Try not to turn into a fucking retard too.
>>
>>600944
>implying tehre will be a next time
>>
>>598569
>left sided for no reason
>that fucking soulless flat UI look
>>
>>598569
I like the weapon icons
>>
>died to the feintspamming level 20
I'm ashamed
>>
>>600944
That's my secret, I'm always retarded

New video...

https://youtu.be/YKBovbl1V_c
>>
stouty... my king
>>
>>600491
Why are you so obsessed over young men coming into money and spending some of it on cocaine? Have you never had a windfall before? How old are you?
>>
>>602210
some sure but not all
>>
>>602210
shut the fuck up crush you're a miserable poorfag because you spent all your money on coke
>>
File: chad mercenary.png (377 KB, 624x660)
377 KB
377 KB PNG
>tfw perm muted for racism
>>
>>602529
based
fuck the faggot mods
>>
>>602529
rekt lol
>>
>>602297
You're underage.
>>
File: whoyoucallinpinhead.jpg (58 KB, 429x709)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>602529
never got perm muted, but many i know did and they got theirs lifted
>tfw kickbanned for killing mods
>>
File: knightly soyvitude.jpg (31 KB, 600x400)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>602674
>many i know did and they got theirs lifted
I've gotten temp mutes lifted but figured there was no point trying with a perm, kek
>>
File: Capture.jpg (13 KB, 686x167)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>this has been up for 3 hours
50+ moderators and they havent banned him from steam discussions yet? They all asleep at the same time
>>
>mods told me to stop putting beartraps on pavs
Maybe tell the devs to update the fucking game
>>
>>563311
ew its stouty, good luck with your game and by that I mean I can clearly tell you'll make the same mistakes seeing as every new fucker tries to make their competitive ideal first and then the actual "game" second
>>
any CST trogs in here? been wanting to reinstall but cant stand the thought of joining Dan's or Skunk's
>>
>>565076
Either go full For Honor or just do the Contingent equivalent of a female noble in a Joan of Arc situation. Female medic class would be historically plausible enough too
>>
>>604348
a good game isn't competitive or casual, it can be enjoyed at all levels
>>
>>604811
based centrist
>>
>>604811
Not sure why you're saying that to me, I clearly said that you need to make a "game" first and your dream duel sim second, how are we supposed to know if theres any actual heart behind it and not just cashing in on the next slasher?
>>
>>604987
The question makes no sense as the ideal combat system would result in more sales
>>
>>605138
This, perfect combat system = perfect game, although extra toys never hurt
>>
>>605185
redditors unironically think it's a choice between mainstream success and competitive lol
>>
>>605232
every mainstream game caters to noobos and group play
>>
>>605232
Just look at mordhau
Duelers and Pub players have different views of how they want the game balanced
>>
>>605358
examples? top games are CSGO/Valorant which are very competitive orientated but casuals can still enjoy them just fine. You can play football at a park or a stadium, this is ideal game design

>>605361
Would need specific examples but a lot of pubbers say the darndest things and require education, sometimes they are right however like yeah scimitar combo is too fast, the scimmy itself is still a weak weapon
>>
>>605361
>mordhau community
>have different views
but they are all retarded
>>
>>605369
>CSGO/Valorant
>not casual
lmao nigger then what the fuck is casual? candy crush?
>>
>>605374
explain how CSGO is casual when S1mple's team would farm nearly any player in the world outside of like 6 teams
>>
File: maxresdefault (8).jpg (172 KB, 1280x720)
172 KB
172 KB JPG
>>605377
>would farm nearly any player in the world outside of like 6 teams
cool but how pro are they at rock and scissors????
>>
>>605385
gg
>>
>somebody asks in steam forums how to report a moderator
>thread locked in less than an hour with 0 replies
lol
>>
>leaves mordhau
>instant chinkshit endorsement
they don't wanna see us win mordbros..
>>
>Howdy folks!
>As always, we'd like to hear your thoughts on the game; any feedback or comments, concerns, suggestions, etc. are super helpful for us, and we do appreciate them. Of course, please keep things civil and constructive - we can't really work with "game bad", but we can use constructive criticism to improve the game. Thanks!
>For development notes:
With Arid, we're beginning testing beginning this week; the collision and structures/models/meshes are all good, and now the focus is on doing internal playtests to iron things out. What we're interested in is testing lighting (it's a night map, so we're tweaking for visibility), performance/optimization and general bug testing. There are still a few things left in terms of propping the map with a bunch of little objects, and a few little odds and ends. Overall though, the map is now playable internally and the majority of the work is now focused on testing.
>Arid is still our main priority, but there are some other things we're working on. We're aware that you all would like heraldry-based emblems, and we're looking at some emblems that will fit thematically into the next update; while also planning out some more for the future. Work for armor setup is ongoing for the remainder of the Eastern Invasion gear, and of course the armory is done - it's completely playable, and Spook is just messing around with a few small items for polishing the UI/UX.
>That's about it for this week - we'll be putting out some screenshots of the new map soon, and we'd like to thank you all for your patience.

tl;dr nothing new, as usual. "we are working on the game :)"
>>
>Chiv 2 does their own middle east shit like Snorehaus Eastern Invasion
>Calls it Tenosian Invasion
>Will release at the same time Chiv 2 goes on steam
Nighau devs had all this time and Chiv 2 is going to shit out a higher quality middle eastern content first
https://youtu.be/B7b8Z8DTR1Q
Wouldnt be surprised if we get the next mordhau update around the time this Chiv update comes out. The devs will panic and release a shittier map than usual trying to compete with chiv2
>>
>>613164
At this point both games emberass the other
Chiv 2 devs shit out way more content but their combat is complete dogass compared to Mordhau's
>>
I really like the combat but I'm totally burnt out on the lack of content by now. I've seen all there is to see. I had some fun fucking around with the shield glitch but there's not much you can do with that to get an advantage and so now I'm over that. I played the modded horde maps and have gotten tired of them by now, there's not very many.
I really want to play the game but holy shit am I bored of it by now. I want to know what's going on at Triternion that's preventing them from just fucking working on the game.
>>
>>616149
Same. Put a thousand hours into it over like two years. The combat system is excellent. Everything else is extremely minimal. Maps, modes, UI, it all feels amateur or barely-there, and a phenomenal combat system can only carry you for so many hundreds of hours.

It's not like it was a bad deal or anything. I definitely got my money's worth, but it would be so easy for Triternion to keep me playing if they could project manage their way out of a fucking paper bag.
>>
File: download.jpg (264 KB, 2004x1253)
264 KB
264 KB JPG
green or red?
>>
>>616186
definitely red
>>
>>616186
green, the brown is complemented more by the green as itself is close to red, and red/green are complementary colors. use a slightly brighter green tho
>>
File: 1.png (1.34 MB, 992x1248)
1.34 MB
1.34 MB PNG
>>617136
the only brighter green is leaning into lime territory sadly. I'm more partial to muted tones
>>
i have a month ban from the chat because im russian and said in the chat to some american going "slava ukraini" "russia power"
then all the chat was saying thanks to the admin
are US servers the gayest in this game?
>>
>>617341
>are US servers the gayest in this game?
yes. The US moderators are extreme faggots, probably picked up straight from reddit
>>
>>617341
What region did you play in?
The thing you have to think about is what region of the US is playing with you. West coast is shit, central is based, east is a mix of based and shit
>>
>>617341
>the entire mainstream world except the bad guys like china and terrorist nations condemn Russia and send aid in some form to Ukraine
>wTf WhY cAn'T i Be A bAd GuY IRL
>>
>>619631
>bad guys
you are living in a fictional world fueled by western news sources. im real nice guy. i help old ladies carry their groceries and donate to homeless charities.
>>
I've been comparing patch history to player counts, and it's no fucking wonder the game died.
Patch 21 added the Partisan. There wouldn't be a new item until patch 23, but it's just the shawm so I'll skip to patch 24, which came out 251 days after patch 21 did. It's been 154 days since patch 24.
>>
Women and in-game reporting will save the game
>>
File: dead game.png (46 KB, 723x92)
46 KB
46 KB PNG
>>529203
"lively game"
can tell you right now as an ex major league NA competitive player, this game is on it's downfall, it's been dead since mid-late 2020.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (86 KB, 1280x720)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
>>621113
>NA
>Competitive
>>
>>621117
the NA competitive scene has been far more ahead and lively than any other region in the game, join the north american competitive league discord if you don't believe me
>>
>>621113
also make sure to watch my tages to reminisce for when this game fully dies out <3

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIzyXkgKumy7A_4BsHtkfVuk18UaqWjzr
>>
>>621123
>not Stouty
dont care
>>
>>616165
I feel like the minimal aspects of the game and the lack of constraints is what makes this game feel so refreshing to me.
>>
File: arid_snippet2.png (2.58 MB, 1920x1080)
2.58 MB
2.58 MB PNG
>Its time for another Arid snippet. This time we are showcasing our work on the temple and gardens of Arid, mentioned in the first development snippet. The temple shown, is based loosely on the Mosque of Muhammad Ali, as well as the Mosque-Madrasa of Sultan Hassan, both located in Cairo. Thank you for your interest.
>>
its impressive how stouty is still #1 ranked player despite having quit the game over half a year ago
>>
Did the devs mess with the gs? I don't remember it being as slow as it is now, was it always like this?
>>
>>623694
why do europeans worship islam and arabic so much
>>
>>625980
they are trying to adapt to the culture of their conquerors
>>
>>625993
>adapt to the culture of their conquerors
but that would be judaism, not islam
>>
>Hey all,
>Like always, niggers tongue my angus dont be toxic/rude/human/critical/white/straight/male, all criticism of our game will be deleted and you will be banned :)
>If you haven't seen it already on our other platforms, here's another shot of Arid - this time, the palace area! This has come together pretty recently; while there are a few areas that need some tweaks, we're mostly focused on testing and getting things all ready to go. Expect some more snippets as well!
note: it's this image >>623694
>As for the meeting, we had a bit of a talk about our objective design; a few areas we'd like to focus on more is objectives that are interactable and involve more of the team, but we'd also really appreciate your feedback to help out in this area too! We've also identified certain objective-related exploits on maps as well, and will be fixing them.
>Additionally, some tweaks have been made to combat to reduce the ability for a defending player to parry too early, and then be able to parry again (double parry) - which was causing defense to be a little too strong. To help out, we've made feint lockout windows a little smaller, which should definitely help with opening up an enemy's defense.
>>
>We discussed ways to tone down some instances of the spawn banner. What we've pretty much agreed on internally is that banners are used sparingly they're pretty fun, but when there are too many banners it can lead to a spammy, cheap feeling. We talked quite a bit about this and we're looking into some potential restrictions on how close spawn banners could be to one another, as well as looking into some utility items that specialize in destroying structures. We'd absolutely love to hear any feedback on spawn banners, as well as suggestions on how you'd like to see us tweak them!
>As for the patch, there's a little work left on Arid, but it's mostly testing at this phase. We're looking to do another internal test or two, then upload another private version for testing with a few more people - after that, we should be done with the map. We have one tiny, non-critical visual bug for the Armory, which isn't a deal breaker and should be absolutely fine. Aside from that, a few tweaks for the SDK being updated to a new patch will be needed, but that's not a back-breaking amount of work either.
>While we can't give an exact timeframe, we're looking at (hopefully) getting Arid out in a timeframe of weeks, as opposed to months. Unfortunately we can't be more specific than this, but we're excited for you all to get your hands on the update as soon as possible. Thanks for reading, and we absolutely appreciate your patience. Have a great week!

buildchads... we are going to get fucked AGAIN
>>
>>627222
>Nerf firebombs repeatedly and limit them to one per loadout
>"we're looking into some utility items that specialize in destroying structures"

Bro what.
>>
>>627224
Dont even bother trying to understand these retarded devs
>>
Don't die yet
>>
File: Ladder Trap 5.webm (2.95 MB, 960x540)
2.95 MB
2.95 MB WEBM
>>630625
The update has to come out around or before Chiv 2 steam release. The devs will try to capitalize on any renewed interest in melee slashers.
We can at least keep the thread alive until then.
>>
File: gastle wars.jpg (3.71 MB, 3840x2160)
3.71 MB
3.71 MB JPG
You guys didn't miss the castlewars event, did you?
>>
>>631554
I've honestly just stopped playing to wait until the next update. I hope Eastern Invasion's taught the devs that going ages without updates is a universally stupid idea and we get back to smaller updates more frequently.
>>
>>631554
i stopped playing this shit game in February, only stick around the thread to paste the devs retarded updates here
>>
I wonder if the Renown team are worried a single Mordhau mod could kill their game
https://youtu.be/XSN48UR2HfM
>>
>>632043
This has already been tried, Fabula was dogshit.
>>
>Chiv 2 releases with a 40% discount on steam
yeah snorehau is fucked.
>>
chiv 2 is unironically cringe and anyone who praises it is a busta
>>
File: isleep.jpg (13 KB, 285x255)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>devs watching their biggest competitor launch on steam while their player count tanks
>>
>>636099
It's too early to say but mordhau seems pretty much untouched by chiv 2
>>
>>636254
probably because the remaining mord players have some stockholm syndrome complex from sucking dev dick too hard, the sane ones left long ago
>>
chiv 2's combat is much worse than i expected tbf
>>
I did it, I'm chiv2 steam pleb. I'm in. I feel terrible but not really. It's only 30 bucks.
>>
Haven’t played the game in while anything cool added
>>
>>637993
No, we still haven't recieved an update this entire year. There's some cool new modded horde maps I guess
>>
File: 9dz807954n591.png (2.46 MB, 1920x1080)
2.46 MB
2.46 MB PNG
>>637993
TWO MORE WEEKS!
>>
File: arid_snippet3.png (2.5 MB, 1920x1080)
2.5 MB
2.5 MB PNG
>Hello,
>Like always, we'd like to hear your feedback on the game - any comments, questions, constructive critiques, feedback, whatever - we'd like to hear it, as it absolutely helps us out with development. In addition to general feedback, we're looking for a bit more specific stuff in a few areas (which you can read about down below). As always, please be nice to each other, and we absolutely appreciate your comments!
>This update will be short and sweet. Work recently related to the patch has been mostly Arid focused. As mentioned last thread, we've finished Arid's art over the last weeks, and have been steadily working on its optimization, and minor gameplay tweaks, as well as bug fixing based on internal testing. We had to change our optimization methods a bit, due to how some features of Arid were created, which required a fair amount of different testing methods, however, now that that is sorted, performance is looking great. It is one of the faster running maps it seems. Game modes are fully implemented, and being tweaked based on testing, as said above.
>Here is our final snippet for Arid before the update releases.
>We are now in the home stretch for this update, and we would like to thank you for your patience, as this patch has taken longer than expected, our earlier estimate was overconfident.

yawn. dont fucking care. release the shitty update already you dumb niggers. actually dont even bother it will be one terribly balanced map that will get boring in 2 days, some more gay cosmetics, and folders for the armory which i will look at for 10 minutes to organize my current loadouts and ignore afterwards
>>
>>637993
imagine playing this garbage
>>
Does the decorated italian rapier have swappable parts or is it one of those shit skins that can't be modified at all?
>>
>>641995
god i wish they added different wings you can choose from for the winged great helmet
>>
this thread has been up longer than the entirety of the ukraine war
>>
mrodhau rpg moving along

https://youtu.be/JGhIvOXHOxc
>>
>>644468
renown gameplay but finished
>>
>>644556
yeah the menus this guy built in a week are already better than renown
he's a bit hesitant about adding building because he'd like players to keep the same progress on whichever server they join
>>
>>586892
only did for pdb :)
>>
>>644468
looks really fucking good
ive played fabula ages ago, this is a massive improvement.
>>
>devs combine frontline and invasion to consolidate the player base but also make noob servers
Holy fucking shit
>>
>voices locked behind dlc
its over
>>
Chivalry is better. Almost 50% of my games in Mordhau are frustrating and unfun.
>>
I noticed that getting a soulless as fuck UI overhaul is usually a symptom of a game about to immediately die
>>
wtf patchie bros its real
still no women, trit is truly based
>>
>DLC voice lines
Devs sold out for the cashie...
>>
What a shit patch. I am done with game, not going to bother posting their biweekly shitcord updates in the thread anymore. Sorry anons but fuck this shit game
>>
>>645170
Appreciated it while you were doing it Anon, cheers.
>>
arid truly soulless
>>
File: 1566876920066.png (110 KB, 300x300)
110 KB
110 KB PNG
how could they make the skirmish maps even worse
just how
fuck this game and fuck the incompetent retard developers.
>>
>DLC voices
fuck off kikes
>noob servers
completely retarded for the same reasons as Chiv 1 having noob servers. New players being insulated from the actual game will not help long term player retention. They will play with other new players, have a great time, and suddenly they are thrust into the lions den unprepared. They are now locked out of the new player servers and their experience is shit so they stop playing.
If they are forced to start with everyone from the beginning, they know exactly what they are getting into and have no golden memories of a new player server to long for. The only thing this will do is prevent refunds from those players, which I guess is all that matters to the devs.
>mix frontline and invasion
fuck frontline, dogshit game mode
>Feitoria invasion was balanced more to the attackers
LOLWUT THE DEFENDS NEVER FUCKING WON TO BEGIN WITH AND NOW YOU SKEW IT MORE TOWARDS HELPING ATTACKERS??
>multiple maps had MORE toolbox restrictions put it
I cant even laugh anymore buildchads, we have evolved past clownworld
>scimitar still completely OP
>can change teams after 2 minutes
so what is the point of this stupid ass change at all? If I want to switch teams I will fucking do it, so dont bother making me wait 2 minutes just let me do it from the start
>New UI
Looks like a fucking mobile game.
>>
>voice pack
>"slavic"
imagine being such colossal pussies that you're afraid of calling it russian because hohols will sperg out
>>
>>617341
the US is the Gay Anal Empire, so yes
>>
pretty mad that some regular players are making better objectives for the shit maps than triternion themselves
>>
holy shit the new map that i dont even know if it is new because i stopped playing months ago is fugly
>>
so there's still no women?
i just want to jerk off to my female knights already god damn
>>
what the fuck is this "promod" retards keep spamming that makes mordhau so great to play
>>
>>647717
reverts the combat back to patch 13 or some shit
>>
why the fuck do bards use spawn flags
>>
>>648443
All bards are actually bots placed in matches specifically to piss people off.
>>
>>647819
patch 14 was the one that actually made parries work though
>>
>>648633
idk i'm not the pro, i think i bought the game around patch 20
>>
Broke nigger devs decide to have a sale and now WE have to deal with braindead level 15s who don't understand you need to attack objectives in invasion
>>
>>649825
>caring about objectives
mark of a noob
>>
File: wanker.jpg (141 KB, 1221x668)
141 KB
141 KB JPG
>>649831
i suppose i'll let the newbies cool off the game, be back in a week
>>
>>649831
but your the retarded midget playing shit and complaining that he is getting killed

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.