[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 332 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: FIsPU_XXIAI1hxJ.jpg (43 KB, 1242x678)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>2042 sucks
>cod is cod mw2019 was fun but they killed that
>halo is gay
>apex is good but gets boring quick
>csgo i have no friends and solo q is a nightmare
>valorant lol
>promod has the most retarded dev team
>rainbow 6 has the worst community
>all arena shooters are DOA rip diabotical lol

haven't played anything like insurgency or heros or generals so i cant comment on those
what have you anons been playing? the new apex season does look pretty cool with that 9v9 mode, but Titanfall with the northstar client has been such a great time
>>
>>522283
>what have you anons been playing?
QuakeWorld.
>>
>apex is good
I thought you had to be at least 18 years old to post here
>>
>>522283
apex is good but the devs are retarded, it takes them too long to update the game with a lacky ass update.
>>
TF2
>>
I mostly play dayz 1pp servers.
>>
>>522283
>160 player battles
>various factions such as Prussia, France, England, etc
>Many classes to choose from; cavalry (epic horse charges), infantry (awesome linebattles), artillery (canons and mortars), musicians (bagpipes, flutes, drums), offivers or flag carriers (buffs).
>realistic muskets (one shot, 10 seconds reload
>must thing when to fix bayonet and go melee
>meanwhile, classical music plays in background
>press "C" for shout, press "B" for animated shout
>team deathmatch or Capture the Flag
>a game made for true gentlemen, not for codpleb.

Honestly, best game i ever played in 25 years.
>>
ev.io
>>
>>523284
butteraim + buttermovement = shit game
>>
>>522283
Battlefield 4
>>
>>522283
been playing hunt: showdown. I like it, the single-action gun play feels unique. the atmosphere and setting have grown on me too. "zombies and cowboys and helldemons having a gay old time in the louisiana bayou circa 1895" sounds dumb but it plays good.
>>
>>523284
This game is so bad, what the fuck? They need to fix the client, krunker plays so much better in the browser. While the games ultimately don't play very similarily, you're automatically competing with it by releasing a browser FPS, and when one runs "fine" and the other runs like "shit," its not a good recipe.
>>
>>522283
it just isn't worth playing fps games at the moment
>>
>>522283
co-op FPS's are what I've been going to recently. I've been playing a lot of Deep Rock Galactic with my friends and some L4D2 versus mode on my own with randos.
>>
>>522948
>>
>>522283
War of Rights looks amazing to me. It’s a whole new type of shooter, different from anything before. It’s all about positioning and working together to slowly beat the enemy back in huge open maps. Plus all the Civil War role playing looks fun as hell.
>>
>>523074
yeah retards nerf all the fun movement tech for no reason
>>
>>523412
so sad
>>
>>522283
>>523361
Cant go wrong with Battlefield 4 or any like 2010-2015 multiplayer FPS's with active playerbases desu
Fuck even Squad 4 can be fun if you get three other guys to play with
The FPS genre is stupid massive, you can find just about anything if you search well enough
>>
>>522283
unironically have been playing BF Hardline and having a blast all weekend with it. Installed to see what the player count was like compared to 2042 and was surprised to see a couple of fully populated servers still. I'm glad its no longer considered the worst BF game because there were elements of greatness in it, fucking love the Hotwire gamemode.
>>
>>522283
BF1 is top kino. Come home son.
>>
>>524426

BF1 does conquest so well and the vehicles are relatively balanced. Still BF4 is the best especially for TDM, which is the superior gamemode.
>>
>>522283
I still love Black Ops 2 to this day. Zombies mode is an absolute blast, and I dream of the day I can kill and spawn trap the entire enemy team on Nuketown.
>>
>>522283
No
>>
>>523383
Based Hunt chad
>>
>>523074
Anon, as a Warzone player i'm disgusted by updates back in MW2019 they used to be big but now they intentionally fuck up the game too.
>>
my man, give tarkov a try
>>
>>522283
bf3
>>
Is battlefield 4 active on the gay station 4?
>>
Tarkov
>>
Totally Accurate Battlegrounds is the only good shooter that's been released in the past several years and it is REALLY good prove me wrong you can't.
>>
>>523267
>Played in early 2010s
>Haven't touched it for almost 10 years
>Melancholia of Having Missed Out 10 years worth of community evolution sets in
>Physically can not start playing it again because of that
Every game I played online.
>>
>>522283
>what have you anons been playing
tf2
arma 3
insurgency (2)
pavlov

yeah modern shooters suck what about it, you can still play old ones
>>
Pavlov VR
>>
File: 1644387588071.jpg (136 KB, 757x1000)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
>>522283
Tarkov, also Quack Champignons is fine
>>
was playing arma alot been playing squad lately also a good bit of verdun and tannenberg off and on
>>
>>522283
Go back to bf1. I have zero problems finding a sever
>>
>>523102
How do you find a good server. every time I play casual I get flooded with hacker bots.
>>
>>522283
csgo
valorant
in that order
>>
>>522283
Cod cw is pretty fun, bf1 and bfV are too and have solid player bases. Also valorant is good nigga
>>
>>528357
lol
lmao
in that order
>>
if you dont like popular shooters then its time to move on to one with more depth

go buy natural selection 2.
>>
Hunt Showdown. Other shooters get old, you fall into the same routines and the same shit. With Hunt, every game is different. Huge maps that let you use every inch of them, a shit load of detailed and interestingly distinct firearms and gadgets (bee bombs, flare guns, barbed wire arrows, bomb lance, explosive crossbows, etc...), the AI enemies add a bit of chaos but also keep you busy. It's really the best Shooter of all time, other than annoying server issues every once in a while. It's got a steep learning curve but not as retarded as Tarkov. If you're a based FPS gamer anyway you'll pick it up fast.

Buy Hunt retard.
>>
>>522283
iw4x
>>
>>529000
how much is crytek paying you for your retarded posts
>>
>>528631
How's ns2 these days? I played it on and off but always wanted to get into it properly.
>>
>>529156
Anon is right. Hunt is kino.
>>
I play squad
>>
>>529212
kino how, mr same ip
>>
>>522283

my friendgroup have all returned to bf1 recently and its fun as fuck. only problem is atleast on NA hacking is rampant
>>
>>529193
still a strong small community. There are always 2-3 populated new player welcome servers with a rank limit so you can avoid getting lazered. Just got an update december and last summer with more balance changes and new maps. Subnautica was a massive cash cow and the devs are pretty based and just hire turbo-fans to continuously polish the game they love. It's at the point where things that used to be mods like ns2+ are just officially part of the game.

The community is small enough that you can make friends too and med the shit out of people you like even though they suck and dont deserve the rez :)
>>
>>529530
Not him but:

Hunt is like a less hardcore version of rust, but with more balance and team limits. Your character can die perma and killing other players will allow you to get nicer perks and gear if you live, basically. But if you do die, you still have a shot and spawn with a few low tier guns and can take risks. Its also kind of a work of art, it's all old weapons in a swamp and I cant think of many games like it.

Im not a huge fan because it is mostly walking and waiting. And while rust may be brutal and unfair, at least there is a sense of adventure (exploring the world and meeting your neighbors etc) and it can be action packed if you want it to be. Hunt has no sense of adventure, and the mob bosses constantly ruin PVP, or... AI is complete boring paper to cut through silently when it doesnt matter. In rust, animals like bears and pigs demand that players GEAR themselves with something valuable, or make noise shooting the animal to attract PVP. But in the hunt, players silently take down low tier mobs with possibly free gear, and make sound only at a quest event that everyone can find through 'clues' anyways. Oh, and while there are lots of ways to make sound littered EVERYWHERE, the map is also covered in thick bushes and cover. If someone wants to, they can hide forever. This game is cluttered as fuck.

Basically, combat happens at a quest event where people can camp or set traps (its like playing shit rainbow siege, where one team is being sieged while they fight a miniboss... its bullshit and clearly just a way to take up time, but it really does ruin pvp) or at evac points you camp or defend. On occasion, you can kill players who you find by chance making noise in the grander map (and that is fun) but there is no incentive to do so since the best loot is at the quest. You cant loot their perks, only their guns, which are maybe good?

Its a casual survival shooter. Its about as complex as apex legends but with less looting and old rifles.
>>
>>530166
Sounds good. I was pretty upset with Unknown's handling of NS2 but keeping it alive and letting turbo fans dictate how it goes is probably one of the better outcomes.
time2skulk
>>
>play titanfall 2
>chinese hackers are rampant
>somehow still losing or getting killed despite the advantage they have
Titanfall2 hackers are probably the worst players I have ever seen in terms of skill. Imagine still getting a competetion despite having every advantage you have
>>
>>525192
I wanted to play tarkov, but I'm living abroad for a while and only have a xbox one x and a Mac workstation... I hope apple chokes on big black cocks I just want to play tarkov

any games with the same feel on shitbox?
>>
>>522283
Would probably play insurgency, but the point capture system incentives retarded behaviour.
>>
>>530167
yeah
PvE gets trivialized by melee that oneshots (available as free pickups around the map too if you cant be arsed to bring it) and the whole "old guns" schtick doesnt even matter because they have le experimental machine guns and perks that let you rapidfire
plus the community is full of extremely assholeish shitbags and expect to be teamkilled if you arent bringing the current meta loadout on a tier 3 hunter using the currently most effective p2w DLC skin to hide inside the bushes outside of the boss room for 50 minutes
>>
squad
tfc
>>
File: 1638717942990.png (26 KB, 460x215)
26 KB
26 KB PNG
Pic related was a total blast in that public playtest they had and i miss it so much. They are going to do another playtest this weekend on the 20th and i cant wait. The game seems stable enough though they should just release it already.
>>
>>532079
if you want to cheese titanfall 2 you just have to equip some of the meta shit and even if you're bad you can go topfragging
cheating in that game is such an overkill only idiots would try it so no wonder they're getting shat on
>>
Quake Champions is pretty fun. FTP on Steam
>>
>>522283
Quake live and quake champions is the only multiplayer Vidya I play anymore.
>>
Take the 8v8 clown arena pill
>>
>>522498
I might've literally played against you if that's the case. QuakeWorld community is small but strong.
>>
mostly cs source nowadays now that my graphics card died and can not buy a new one.
>>
>>522283
>>apex is good

>>532079
what

no one is actually hacking they are only ddosing the servers

>somehow still losing or getting killed despite the advantage they have
not sure how high ping is an advantage if they are indeed chinese

>>525990
>Pavlov VR
>plays like a cs clone
>cant even jump
>cant even run without looking forward or whatever

>>528173
you don't

you trust a brazilian, a former hacker who was actually framed and is innocent, and some other old figures who did a lot of good and are known in the community but that are actually randoms for anyone not paying attention, and download their "open source" mod that lacks attrition or any bots, but fixed the ddos
>>
>>523267
as much as i loved playing it when it wasnt almost dead, the game has basically no population nowadays. i loved red orchestra 2 as well, but it suffers from the same issue. both are only ever really populated during EU hours, and its maybe 150-200 people at best, which is basically nothing compared to what they used to have.
i long for the times of old
>>
>>533224
didnt know that existed
added to my wishlist, thanks anon
>>
>>522283
>apex is good
kys retarded zoomer
>>
File: file.png (127 KB, 480x360)
127 KB
127 KB PNG
>>522283
>rip diabotical lol
>>
File: midai2r.webm (2.87 MB, 1920x1080)
2.87 MB
2.87 MB WEBM
>>536816
If you've played at all the past 3 years then yeah I'm sure we've played.
>>
File: 1616415235996.jpg (18 KB, 181x280)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>537025
A SECOND 3 DAY PLAYTEST STARTED TODAY BUT THEY HAD TO END IT BECAUSE THEY FUCKED UP THE EASY ANTI-CHEAT IMPLEMENTATION IM SO MAD
>>
>>537246
>easy anti cheat
into the trash it goes
>>
There is no innovation, like true actual innovation in this industry anymore, FUCK
>>
>>522283
Squad and Rising Storm 2 are the only ones I play.
>>
anyone want to play this https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1304097128 it's like deathmatch and racing
>>
Shooters? ehh mainly enemy territory these days. sometimes i play xonotic or dirty bomb or AG. i do have games like squad/tarkov installed but i just want to have instant fun.
>>533224
Damn this looks really interesting anon. thanks for sharing this
>>
>>522283
>Planetside 2
Thank me later.
>>
>>528173
by using community servers instead. no, you won't find that has both your preffered map AND a population, but you can at least get a vanilla rotation server with population.
>>537003
wrong tf2.
>>
>>537223
I've seen all of the names in the clip before except perhaps sh4ddow. BGNR is always on servers somehow.
>>
>>530167
Shit like this description and the bits of gameplay I've watched make me have very little interest this game. Looks kind of interesting but questionably implemented. Also top kek at 3 player max squad.
>>
>>537457

The suits should cut you a bonus check!
>>
Soldat.
It's on steam now.
>>
>no one even mentions OW anymore
Does anyone remember that game still exists
lol
>>
download srb2k and play this bros https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1305261990
>>
>>537022
well, the population only becomes an issue for americans i guess. When it comes to euro timezone, the game is populated well enough with hundreds of players during the evenings.
>>
>>537874
blame retard devs for trying to turn casual hero shooter into esports which failed spectacularily
>>
>>537874
>OW
>good
>ever
>>
>>537755
Its hot garbage. I was only interested in it because Rust was a very unique experience, but also time consuming and draining, so I looked for casual alternatives like tarkov.

But then I realized I like rust because it was a draining and time consuming adventure game. Survival games like the hunt are just shitty, because its really just a PVP game with way too much downtime (its for people with friends who just want to talk really, lets be honest). Hunt would not be interesting at all if it were just a regular 5v5 shooter or whatever. It would be a generic trash FPS.

>>537897
>>537874
Overwatch copied TF2, and the whole point of TF2 was to erase the skill gap between good players and bad players. Medic/heavy that are near impossible to be bad at and reward the 'stategy' of not doing retarded things. The system works, but the issues is scout is fun to play, and heavy is boring shit- and his role still NEEDS to be filled which basically makes any cracked comp player wanna hang themselves as they hold the heal gun. Same shit with overwatch. Comp players just want to go anywhere else
>>
I started playing Source games again today. CSGO had a smaller server list than CSS does everyone play matchmaking lol?
>>
>>538402
Correct. The server browser in CSGO is pretty much just modded game modes like jump, surf, zombies etc.
>>
File: 1645239669999.jpg (194 KB, 500x500)
194 KB
194 KB JPG
the only thing i've been playing is valorant really

not sure i'd recommend it over csgo but i like what it does differently from csgo

kinda wish 2042 didn't flop as hard as it did because now i just keep thinking about playing fucking mmos again
>>
>>522283
playerunknown's buggy game
>>
>>522283
Nope there is not, maybe cod mw2022 will bring back that rejuvenation that mw2019 did
>>
File: VALORANT_Neon.png (1.94 MB, 1920x1129)
1.94 MB
1.94 MB PNG
>>522283
>valorant lol
Why Valorant lol? Valorant is based
>>
i just play dm csgo now. i was playing quake champions tdm a lot but that game is a joke, 90% of the time you'll end up in a server with some dipshit with a 150 ping and the netcode is so horrible that shit just doesn't reg on them but they destroy you with lg. its not surprising that game was DOA
>>
>>538712
>dying to the dipshit with 999 ping
just admit your bad
>>
>>538757
i literally hit better on higher ping with lg and rail in that shit game, its hilarious how horrible that game is
>>
>>538762
>>>/x/
>>
>>522283
im in this situation. last good ol fun fps was mw 2019. i dont want slow strategic 5v5 shit i want to play balls to the walls anything goes deathmatch
>>
>>538778
AND ISNT FUCKING DEAD
>>
>>538777
you clearly dont know how to dodge either lol the level of garbage movement you can get away with on high ping to avoid splash damage is fucking funny. you honestly have to be a quake simp to actually enjoy playing qc, its a joke compared to ql, in ql you get wrecked with anything over a 70 ping
>>
>>538782
>high ping isn't a severe disadvantage
>it gives you divination powers since you're able to react to instantaneous attacks and blast radiuses
>>>/x/ and cope

> in ql you get wrecked with anything over a 70 ping
cry babies like you exist in literally any game
https://steamcommunity.com/app/282440/discussions/0/3047231300193299108/

the only reason someone would put up with high ping is because they really want to play a certain game but can't find any servers nearby, not because they want easy wins from an unhinged schizophrenic
>>
>>538801
deranged quake simp. the game is shit and its dead, move on with your life. literally lost 30% of its remaining players in the past year lol
>>
>>537862
Is the sequel still completely dead?
>>
>>522283
If you're looking for something to kill time with not much effort/take seriously as a game just go and play CSS, Half-Life or Half-Life 2 Deathmatch, they're fun and simple.
If you want something serious i'd probably suggest you check sim threads, yeah it's a bit complicated, and yeah the realism shit can be annoying, but it will for sure hook you in and when action comes its full of adrenaline pumping feeling
>>
>>539027
>realism shit can be boring
fixed
>>
I ocassionly play hitscan in overwatch to try to relive the Dirty Bomb days but get frustrated easily with gay moba mechanics or vegetable always results in an uninstall. I've got 2.5k hours on TF2, it's fun but idk it doesn't fufill my fps fantasy.

KF2 is my current main game, gives me my high octane dopamine fps fix. Amazing gunplay, custom maps r fun. Been llaying some counter strike source as well zombies for the drunk Russians and gun game for sweating.
Also rising storm 2 is great but exhausting. RO2 and Cod4 on 200 ping is still playable and fun. However these games I find hard to mindlessly sink a lot of hours into..
>>
Redpill me on BFV and BF1 bros. Which one should I play? I wasn't too interested cause niggers, women and automatic guns in WW but since 2042 was a flop might as well give the others on a try. Ever since MW2019 I haven't soijacked playing any genre of video game. Just gonna cope with old/dead games and other garbage until the MW2 reboot.
>>
>>538802
>stop liking what I don't like!!!
>calls others deranged
You're really insecure.
>>
>>539464
why doesn't tf2 fulfill your fps fantasy?
>>
>>537457
agree with this anon, but at the same time you should join a proper clan if you want to play for more than 2 days before getting bored
>>
File: shottysniper.webm (2.95 MB, 720x310)
2.95 MB
2.95 MB WEBM
>>539842
>why doesn't tf2 fufill your fps fantasy
Hmmm, it's a bit subjective. The casual matchmaking experience is very inconsistent, its either stomp or get stomped and I find myself needing to sweat balls on a brain dead class like demo or heavy to lead a shit team to end up losing anyways, all I wanna do is relax on sniper. If I'm on a massive killstreak in TF2 against decent players, it would not feel as good as destroying noobs in a game like call of duty. Even though in the moment where I am the better player, most of the time it just feels like I'm just pulling paper against rock. I'm not faulting TF2's design or implying it has a RPS gameplay loop, TF2 is very skill based and stylized with the hero class gameplay. It's just personally I maybe find the feeling aspect of the gunplay is outdated and also it's too linear in it's optional avenues of gameplay for a class. Gradually over the years the game has kept gimping your capability of being rewarded to play creatively or as a subclass with the plethora of alternative weapons, majority of those weapons are fucking useless or only provide a niche in trade for half or ALL of your stock/meta weapon's power to perform that niche. We can thank the same comp fags who were responsible for the MyM update for that. Rocket Jumper plus panic attack was one of my favourite meme loadouts that was genuinely effective in casual play, and guess what valve completely gimped the burst capability of the shotgun. I will compare with COD again, it will give you 12 different grenades that vary slightly or drastically, 20 perks, 50 types of guns and 10 attachment slots that all impactfully modify the way you aim for the goal of shooting people or completing the objective while still being equally as capable with the meta min maxxers.

TF2 doesn't fulfil my FPS fantasy of being empowered to run in circles and shoot and do things the way I want feel good for doing so.
>>
File: higbystare.png (1.53 MB, 1280x725)
1.53 MB
1.53 MB PNG
Do not listen to anyone who talks about Planetside, they are either refugee Battlefield dads, vehicle mains, or lost milsimmers. The game hates infantry players with a passion and the devs have spent the last several years adding as many new ways to mass farm infantry as possible (orbital strike, bastion, thumper + DoT effects, etc), in addition the core game mechanics that have always encouraged force multiplier and population spam. If you just want to shoot mans, you are either doing it from a vehicle/max/zerg rush or getting farmed at your spawn room. It's not worth any amount of your time, let alone the 1500 hours I put into it.
CCing these deranged people in case they want to write a response: >>537457 >>537790 >>539846
>>
the only two fps that are relevant competitively are csgo and valorant, so take your pick between cs with or without abilities.
apex, fortnite, whatever other br games are all a joke competitively and only for pubstompers and cash cup "pros" to make easy earnings
if you just are playing casually then play whatever the fuck you want
>>
rs2 is pretty good
https://youtu.be/7quWAFYaHj4
its not full milsim autism but its also not arcadey
>>
File: valkyrie quotes.png (58 KB, 1328x288)
58 KB
58 KB PNG
>>532079
>Titanfall2 hackers are probably the worst players I have ever seen in terms of skill
Got that right
https://youtu.be/T3pJxuuxCwg?t=114
Here's a cheater that was obsessed with /tfg/ since we kept kicking his ass despite him lasering everything in sight
Pic unrelated
>>
>>540636
surprised to see the northstar client allows for Linux play online now, reinstalling Titanfall 2.
>>
>>522283
bf3
>>
I just wanna play css gun game but all the servers are dead or dm gungame
>>
>>522283
Holdfast
Rising Storm 2
I also play CSGO but you don't like that.
>>
"World War 3" f2p released by a russian studio. battlefield-cod type of game. Overall well made and "feels" good when shooting and getting kills. Good amount of gun customization
>>
>>537874
OW got boring quick if you weren't an elofag
>>
>>525431
Isn't it dead now?
>>
Assaultcube (perfect for toasters)
Gmod ttt servers as long as they are independent run ones ( nothing beats the soul of source maps )
Css
Tf2, waiting for tf2 classic to be rereleased
>>
Welp, CoD4 Promod is pretty fun
>>
>>543944
Irony of a Russian studio releasing a game called WW3. Hasnt been massively talked about but looks good from what gameplay ive seen.
>>
i just played apex for 5 minutes and i hate everything about it. that is the most zoomer fps i have ever played, i thought call of duty was for idiots but that takes it to a whole different level
>>
>>543944
WW3 is garbage. It has shit voice acting, garbage translations, the game is buggy as fuck, the maps are all cramped as hell and it feels like a cheap korean shooter. It has nothing going for it.
>>
>>522283
>rainbow 6 has the worst community
how so? I haven't touched it in years
>>
File: 116.jpg (394 KB, 1600x900)
394 KB
394 KB JPG
>>522283
Try Enlisted
>>
>>522283
I installed northstar today and jesus fuck it just works. I get bodied every match because most players are people with a decent amount of experience in titanfall, but at least I don't need to wait for 10 minutes to get a match that dies after 5 minutes because the server crashed.
>>
Right now?Splitgate. When I get a new PC maybe will return to TF or Quake
For online FPS I'm waiting , only XDefiant(it will be shit), Brutal Fate(it barely will have online playerbase) and maybe that Basedny/PS5 fps by Blops creator
>>
>>545003
>tried the +communities_enabled 0 ""fix""
>doesnt do shit
>>
>>522283
I wish the northstar servers curated shit a bit more so the kill report isn't just
>[CAR]
>[CAR]
>[CAR]
>[CAR]
>[CAR]
>[CAR]
>>
>>522283
Rising Storm
>>
>>540074
Looks like someone got filtered by HLVP (High Level Vehicle Play)
>>
File: sickace.webm (2.55 MB, 1920x888)
2.55 MB
2.55 MB WEBM
>>522283
i went back to CSGO, used to be global elite and now oceanic ranks are broken and everyone is basically stuck in silver/nova

so while it sucks to suck, you're put in the weirdest matchups ever and you can just sit back and let the clownworld roll over you
>>
Planetside 2 is only getting better and skill ceiling is high
>>
>>547366
>Tfw craptop cant run Planetside 2
>>
>>547366
vehicles just farm infantry in that game. They can be spawned too often and you barely stand a chance as infantry. Battlefield does it better.
>>
>>522283
>Titanfall with the northstar client has been such a great time
is it down or something?
>>
>>547501
now I see, only niggers are playing, 90% CAR
fastball is decent fun tho
>>
I started playing apex again this past week and I’m having fun with it unlike fucking warzone
>>
The original COD4 is the online multiplayer shooter I play regularly. It's the perfect casual shooter.
>>
Black Squad
Combat Arms
>>
>>522283
Bf1
>>
>>548283
warzone has become dogshit trash, atleast the apex devs try to somewhat make the game good
>>
>>548283
same. apex gives me that endorphin rush and gets my heart rate up so I can be alive
>>
>>548283
Apex is full of retard zoomers who got bored of fortnite and think they are as good as the man child streamers they watch.
>>
whats with zoomers and ultra long distance fights? ive been playing apex because theres pretty much nothing else to play and like 80% of the game is getting shot at and shooting very long distances. like why? are they just used to this from call of duty or something, ive always hated very long distance gun battles theyre so fucking stupid
>>
>>549796
aimlet
>>
>>549485
Umm, Apex chads hate or have never played Fortnite
>>
>>553576
that doesnt make any sense

why is that
>>
>>549796
It's because long range fights benefit people using strats rather than raw aim. If you go in for the kill you just outaim them and finish them off instantly.
Long ranged fights allow a pack of redditors who have looted the entire map to just outsustain you and win in a 'tactical' manner which they love so much.
>>
>>554024
first off, that would imply that playing apex makes you a chad when in reality they're just coping with the fact that they were cucked out of TF3. Secondly, just because because apex is colorful and retarded doesnt make it fortnite levels of retarded. theres still......a miniscule level of order in between the chaos, it isnt just throw whatever ideas at the board or steal whatever ideas you can and see what sticks
>>
>>554287
>they were cucked out of TF3
not a single soul that plays titanfall cares about apex

>just because because apex is colorful and retarded doesnt make it fortnite levels of retarded
but they both look equally retarded
>>
>>522283
solo q csgo isnt that bad. Play unranked wingman or unranked short match 5v5. People are usually chiller and are nicer. The rank autists and the toxic faggots are usually in ranked having a shitting contest. Just stick to unranked its more fun.
>>
File: 1643973069526.jpg (184 KB, 970x1394)
184 KB
184 KB JPG
Does nobody play Halo 2 multiplayer anymore? Every time I check the custom game browser in the MCC there are ZERO Halo 2 servers
>>
>>557395
>custom game browser
halo subhumans are only smart enough to use matchmaking
>>
>>557538
yeah but there must be another reason on top of that since Halo CE has at least a couple servers at all times
>>
>decide to reinstall quake champions
>play tdm to get used to things again
>keep getting killed by this 1 guy who never seems to miss a shot
>check his stats, compare with pros
>dude fucking mogs the best pros by every single metric
are there cheaters in this dead game or did i just run into some savant?
>>
>>557918
What happened to quake online
>>
It's all pretty shit these days. Played 150 hrs of infinite and got tired, played Valorant since day but but got perma banned because of too many afk penalties and lost all desire to play. I suck at warzone but play a bit of that these days, used to be into apex until my PC went to shit for whatever reason and console apex is dead as fuck in my region, so unless I can play on 180 ping that's a no go. Heard good things about insurgency and it looks pretty cool, but I'm a brokefag so that's not an option. Banned from CS because I decided to cheat. Moderately excited for MW22 and that's about it. Wish arena shooters got some more recognition.
>>
>>557918
You ran into a savant.
>>
>>540074
Planetside is fine, it's just filled with salty niggers who can't handle being shot by something more than 50 yards away from them. Same kind of 'people' who seethe about random crits in TF2. There are certainly still some issues with it that need to be fixed (redeployside, nanites not meaning shit, faction identity being fucked), but it's still miles better than any other large-scale shooter
>>
>>558184
never cheat - lesson learned? try enemy territory next. dont fuck it next time.
>>
>>522283
there is, but I won't tell you so you don't ruin it
>>
>>558184
>Valorant since day but but got perma banned because of too many afk penalties
>Banned from CS because I decided to cheat.
>brokefag
>Moderately excited for MW22
whenever I think about how retards on this site complain about how game companies are so woke and gay and pozzed and whatever the fuck are the same faggots who have been ruining my online experience for years. Please stay fucked retard.
>>
I just want a game I can jump into for 15 minutes to an hour without needing to care about finishing rounds, afk penalties, spending half my time running around the map or waiting to respawn, etc. I fire up Day of Defeat and CSS and sometimes TF2. Are there any other games to play? I'll check out QuakeWorld but always preferred UT - is UT played at all these days?

Looking forward to Battlebit
>>
>>558936
Some dudes still play UT '99 but they're a bit more schizo.
>>
>>557918
those are just tdm shitties, the reason they have really good stats is because they spend all the time dumpstering people who have shit aim and shit movement. pros don't play those modes, they basically only play duel vs people on their level, and the people on their level know how to dodge
>>
>>522283
>csgo i have no friends and soloq is a nightmare
Not if you're silver
>all arena shooters are DOA rip diabotical lol
Play Xonotic, Unreal Tournament, QuakeWorld
>>
File: 1588951501142.jpg (41 KB, 640x640)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
ill play anyone in diabotical, quake 4, reflex
>>
>>548283
>>549485
You are both playing battle royale games. You are still playing call of duty games. You are both zoomers. Grow up and get some good taste in games.
>>
>>522283
apex legends is fun and cs is still fun for casually playing it with your budds
>>
>>558936
BTB in Halo Infinite scratches that itch for me, you can try and play objective and win or just run around and shoot people like 90% of the players do so I don't feel butthurt if I lose or just quit the match. It's comfy
>>
>>559236
reflexbros how did it all go so wrong
i do wonder why no cpma, cpm22 is the map i lost my teenage years to
>>
File: Watashi2.jpg (103 KB, 723x712)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
>>547351
what the actual fuck is going on in that clip? is this how csgo used to be? i literally peek into ppl and get blasted before i can even counter strafe even though my reaction time is literally on the floor at around 150ms, and i nolife aim trainers, and i'm not making noob mistakes like taking lhs duels, being in too many on-angles or being too close to the angle etc. and i'm stuck in silver can't get out for the life of me.
>>
>>549796
getting damage for the shield upgrades and to wear down your heals most likely
>>
>>522283
cs 1.6
>>
>>522283
Insurgency 2014 with mods, one of my favorites to play online and offline
>>
>>522498
Fine taste, I am more into q3 combat myself but I appreciate the depth, especially if you are playing TDM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImECobW2BZI
>>
>>524426
bf v is not that bad, i bought it for 1 eu on sale
>>
Is it really that much more fun to play a game if it has lots of players?
>>
Gaylo Infinifart is alright, I've been enjoying it. I want to fuck the female spartans though so I'm biased.
>>
>>523465
rock and stone brother. fps are always fun when you are playing with friends
>>
>>543944
The separate malware launcher is fucking stupid.
>>
File: 1643638789679.jpg (21 KB, 370x363)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
the more my tastes develop, the more i wish i was there for shit like quake and UTand CS 1.6. the online fps market these days is almost as bad as the MMO market
>>
>>540074
join jaeger discord if you actually want to have fun in planetside
>>
>>564471
>join cringe
>>
>>564715
it solves every problem you mentioned in your post
>>
>>522283
Foxhole
Planetside 2
Hunt

Foxhole is what Planetside 2 should have been except it's the wrong genre, top down bullshit. Devs are idiots.

Planetside 2 has good gameplay occasionally but vehicles, particularly A2G, are not properly reeled in. You need to play Light Assault with C4 to punch up and kill idiot HESH tank farmers. You ain't killing a flyboy without a plane of your own. Devs are also idiots here but the next patch is the first good change in a long time.

Hunt is fine, it's been discussed. If you play to the meta you'll get bored out of your mind, but if you play like a complete retard and fish for 10 minute bounty extracts you can get a lot of thrill out of the ticking timer and unnecessary risk.
>>
apex is not bad but if you are like me who just want pure gunplay try warzone
>>
>>522283
imagine not playing siege "because the community is twoxic" and not because its the most ugly, tainted, twisted, aesthetically unappealing and repulsive fps out there
fuck you
>>
>>564957

cod warzone?
>>
>>549796
burns resources and gets shield upgrade points.
>>
>>529000
I like Hunt but you're really overselling it to the point that I honestly don't think you've played many other shooters. People fall into the same routines as any other game and most of the weapons you list are even ones that hardly anybody uses unless they're fucking around.

>>530167
>You cant loot their perks, only their guns, which are maybe good?
You can loot money (potentially a lot of money) from them as well if you're full on items. The bounty token honestly isn't worth that much more in comparison and looting everybody you can is a great way to make money and get free guns. I don't really agree with the Rust comparison. I'd liken it more to BR games than a game like Rust and I wouldn't consider it a survival shooter anymore than I would Apex. The AI isn't meant to be an actual threat on it's own but more of a hazard/distraction that you have to play around during and leading up to PvP. No offense, I'm not just trying to defend the game and I could think of a long list of criticisms or reasons people might not like it, but it honestly sounds like you just wanted to play Rust and were disappointed that Hunt wasn't it.
>>
Just play old one Quake 2 is still fun as fuck and active on weekends especially, Team Fortress Classic is still fun. honestly dont even need new games I wish more people realized this and went and tried out some old shit. It may not look as nice but the gameplay is top notch. Dont need new fps when the classics are as good as they are. Quake 2 in modern resolutions is comfy as fuck too
>>
>>559988
Like he said, MM is apparently genuinely fucked in some regions with lower player counts and everybody is stuck in low ranks. So you might be getting paired with actual silvers one game and people that have been grinding for years in another. I picked it up again for a bit awhile ago, got decayed all the way to nova, and was mindfucked for my first couple games wondering if people had really improved that much or if I had gotten that rusty before I checked and saw people with thousands of hours and their ESEA accounts in their profiles. They had a similar issue years ago where ranks were inflated too high but that was more universal than region-based.

To an extent, the playerbase in general has also probably just gotten better at the game as well.
>>
>>522283
Insurgency sucks. Incredibly low TTK, easy to use guns, slow movement, and maps with a ton of angles to cover makes it feel like shit unless you just wanna scream allahu akbar in VC for a bit or were the kid that coped about hardcore mode in CoD being more skillful.
>>
>>522283
battlefront 2
>>
>>530167
>Hunt is like a less hardcore version of rust
?????????????
>where one team is being sieged while they fight a miniboss... its bullshit and clearly just a way to take up time, but it really does ruin pvp
have you considered not being inside a boss arena during a fight

>>532484
>le experimental machine guns
there's one and it isn't very good. levering and fanning might be, but only up close

>expect to be teamkilled if you arent blah blah blah
u literally made this up

u guys are dumb as fuck
>>
>>522283
Try fortnite it’s actually kino without the building now
>>
>>522283
Destiny 1's still up, right?
>>
I can't fucking believe halo infinite still doesn't have forge. Co-op wouldn't even work in the open world. So much wasted potential it makes me want to die
>>
>>568045
why do halotards even care about that

cant they just buy jenga IRL and play it IRL
>>
>>525192
>>525319
Any decent discords to find guys to play with who aren't onions infused fags? Although the difficulty of the game and absence of nigger/tranny characters is a natural barrier to entry for undesirables.
>>
>>568560
onions infused
>>
File: hek.jpg (147 KB, 1165x640)
147 KB
147 KB JPG
>>568045
>doesn't have forge
Try not having a proper map editor and server browser and mod support and whatnot. Halo Custom Edition has thousands of free custom maps made by the community
>>
>>522283
dirty bomb servers are still up.
>>
>>568095
it was the first console shooter that gave people a sandbox to fuck around in and make creative custom games. nobody actually gave a fuck about ranked except for mlgniggers who were in the minority if that's why you're thinking halo 3 multiplayer was ever popular
>>
>>569395
zoomers don't understand that a very large percentage of people only ever jumped into matchmaking and played a single game to populate their recent players list for custom games, who would also have unique recent players lists for a large branching effect to constantly keep the lobby full.
>>
>>568095
It's like CSS where the actual game sucks so everybody just plays custom gamemodes.
>>
>>523383
it is
>>
>>524413
I play it on ps3 lmao
>>
>>567095
It was more like I had a love-hate relationship with rust and looked for games that could solve my hatred, but realized I just hate survival games period. Like survival is just a shit gameplay mechanic and I genuinely hate the downtime and artificial advantages you get from previous games. Absolutely disgusting. Grinding gear to make me care is... just gross.

Plenty of games make dying consequential within a single match and its just better that way.
>>
>>528173
Play UncleDane's server or Skail.
>>
>>523267
You might enjoy holdfast. It's almost the same game + cannons and a ww1 gamemode
>>
>>523472
War of rights is pretty based. The community is excellent on either side, though union has more globohomo mindset and rap spam to go with it.

The game looks excellent and has a very immersive aesthetic. Everyone is larping too, which adds to the overall good feel of the game.
>>
>>525990
How do I aim up stairs and move forward?
>>
>>526381
i could never get into EFT
i like hardcore games, but EFT is another level
>>
>>522283
payday 2?
>>
>>522283
>csgo i have no friends and solo q is a nightmare
play faceit
>>
>>523361
Such a good fucking game even on console
>>
>>524413
Hardline on PC sir?
>>
>>570852
yes

>tfw can't legally buy it in my shithole country because some shithead owned a company called "Hardline" and decided to sue EA
>>
>>570254
still no linux client.
>>
>>571011
appears to work on proton experimental
>>
>>522283
Insurgency sandstorm is good, but the developers are fags.
>>
>>569409
yeah. this is one aspect i miss. i vividly remember people from my recent players list hitting me up trying to fill their lobbies. most of my friends on xbox were made through the recent players list
>>
destiny 2 lol
>>
>>571075
no steam related libs on my pc's.
>>
I don't play much fps these days but if I do it's RO2/RS, RS2 or ARMA3 KotH. Haven't touched the first two in a while but a3 still has players around the clock.
>>
File: 1628626853958.jpg (20 KB, 500x500)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>522283
unironically Phantom Forces
>very fast paced with 2 second spawn delays
>omni-directional running
>dolphin dive
>barrel + rail + sight + ammo customization
>weapon skins if you're into texturing your AUG A3 like a pepsi can
>change between sights if multiple available
>shitton of weapons (this includes melee)
>weird guns like a fuckin zip22
>free
>>
File: 1532604047958.jpg (58 KB, 351x390)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>572092
>google it
>its roblox
>>
File: 1534758784757.jpg (53 KB, 510x595)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>572218
I'm aware it looks like horseshit, but you're gonna have to trust me on that one, anon.
It's free anyway
Just make sure it's the one with the most players, as there are a bunch of copies with the same or similar name
>>
>Always hear about the latest "pro" player or streamer getting caught cheating in an FPS
>try joining a "community" in three different FPS games (HLL, 2042, Planetside 2)
>All three communities had multiple members talking about how they either used to use hacks or currently do
>Nobody bats an eye and acts like its normal
>Get paranoid
>Start getting super suspicious of other "good" players
>Strange movements in killcam, seemingly aiming at players through walls, insane forsight on where they might be
>"Follow" 100% confirmed cheaters using aimbot that everyone reported in a match
>He doesn't get banned for 1.5 months
>Realize that a good 30% - 50% of the players in a match a probably using some kind of hack
>Nobody cares
>Companies suck at stopping them

This is why I just can't play FPS games anymore. Nevermind the typical bullshit of trying to get random pugs to coordinate. So games like HLL are already a loss without a set team. Feel bad for the console players being forced to play cross platform. Its funny seeing how many of them complain about PC players hacking.
>>
>>547702
was just playing earlier today on a server that disabled all smgs and it was mostly grenadiers wingmans and krabers. that one isnt up all the time though im pretty sure
>>
File: squad_grass.jpg (95 KB, 1024x512)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
I still like Squad
>>
>>523465
so bizarre to me that coop used to be a staple of FPS games. doom's box even has two marines on it. why did they stop doing that?
>>
>>572617
it takes resources to implement that and most people don't have anyone to play with and even if they did it requires a lot of commitment to play a 8hr long game together, and it also fucks with the balancing. it is just a much worse experience overall.
>>
>>572617
fighting ai gets boring when they're easily abused or just straight up stupid
>>
Play old shit I've been playing team fortress classic and quake 2 lately and having a blast, tons of quake 2 servers running still too. I'm going to host a special event tonight too
>>
>>572668
what version of quake 2 do u play??? can u play on the RTX version? how active is team fortress classic in NA.. i have tons of hours in tf2 but wanna try the original half life version a bit.. ive played the original quakeworld version before
>>
File: 1624113293330.jpg (75 KB, 500x500)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>572269
>Never cheat
>Have no problem reaching high ranks in any FPS I play
>Get called a hacker far more often than I ever think anybody is hacking
>Even when I do think someone is enough to check a replay they usually end up looking legit
>Meanwhile my more casual friend always complains I get him into hacker matches when we play together and calls people I'm shitting on suspicious
People acting like every other match in every game has a hacker in it, much less that half the players are hacking, is such a massive cope. Doubly so if you're average MMR or playing games without any MMR. You just don't want to play FPS games anymore because you suck at them.
>>
>>522283
Forgotten Hope 2 nigga.
>>
>>572759
so true!
>>
>>572759
Oh don't worry, I understand that I suck at FPS games now a days. But even then just seeing how many streamers have pulled this shit. How many proplayers. How many times I've seen people admit it...that question is always looming in the back of your head. And most people don't seem to use aimbot because it becomes too obvious. The goto is always wallhacking because it is much less obvious. I mean it only takes one hacker in a game to ruin that instance. And yeah its less frequent in games like CS or RS6 where there's a limited number of people. But in games like HLL or PS2 (which like you said don't have MMR), then its not uncommong for a few of the people in those 50v50 matches to be using something.
>>
>>525851
>insurgency (2)
as in sandstorm or source?
>>
>>572728
>can u play on the RTX version
Yes
>how active is team fortress classic in NA.
Couple of decently active servers at night.
>>
>>572728
Yamagi q2 or q2pro prefer yamagi cause music but some servers crash on it like the whales eye wodx server.

And yah tfc has a couple active servers at night although the retard admin on the 2fort on turned on FF. I usually stick to attack/defend maps now
>>
>>572092
i hate how shitty roblox's servers are. if they could redo the entire thing in an actual game engine it would be a 10/10
>>
>>525296
sure if you like 64 man locker
>>
>>533224
i fucking love this game i have like 30 hrs in it already cant wait for the full release. best fps i ever played
>>
>>544247
>CSS
what are the servers like?
>>544984
tried it but I hate pvE so much
>>
File: 1531044330701.jpg (93 KB, 331x346)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>Start playing MW remastered on PS4
>Everyone is playing really fucking slow and campy
>>
>>575735
that's what you get for playing fps on consoles
now kys after paying your ps+ membership for a decade in advanced you cuck
>>
>>575769
Id rather not play with hackers
>>
I wish we'd fully move past the battle royale shit and the hero shit.
>>
Splinter cell spies vs mercs
>>
>>523267
Too much larp shit and dumb admins.
>>
>>559236
I wish diabotical wasnt fucking dead.
It's the best running fps released in the past 5 years
>>
>>522283
Is valo really that bad? I don‘t see any thread here or on vg
>>
>>577245
I haven't played it but from what I've seen it feels too much like an algorithm made it. And its anticheat software is too intrusive.
>>
>>577270
I just played it. First time, my highest rank on csgo was nova1 (or 4, whatever the entry level is). Played with some friends that are like 2 steps before GE and then I mostly played deathmatch because it's fun.
Here is my two shits
>training mode, which is automatically great, I guess even has aim training
>Artstyle is hit or miss. But I like the cyberpunk asthetic
>graphics are kinda poor, or at least it looks on my screen like that.
>Gunslinger equivalent, is kinda cool with weapon choice, is team based and has an progressbar, level up is kinda obstuse, endgame weapon is fun
>need to unlock agents/heroes/champs whatever their name is. Which I don't even know how to do or if it's like lol where you have a rotation and with enough playtime you can choose.
For now it was fun. Will test it more.
>>
>>577504
the invasive anti-cheat is ridiculous though, even 3rd party csgo services like faceit and cs:go don't launch before the OS boots
>>
battlebit was fun
>>
>>577510
It no longer starts on boot though, they fixed that not long after launch. It also turns off once the game is off.
>>577504
You unlock agents by clicking on them in the agents screen and starting their 'contract'. You level contracts with XP, and levels grant you petty cosmetics and the level 5 reward for each of them is access to the agent. I had to google this so it's a shit system but once you know it it's fine.
>>
>>577581
Thanks anon
>>
>>576400
Diabotical is hot garbage
>>
File: 1621288381848.jpg (21 KB, 229x343)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>575612
>they fucked up the playtest again and its been put on hold
my brain is craving multiplayer fps and theres literally nothing to play right now.
>>
>a choice between having to deal with ping issues on northstar or dealing with chinese aimbotters on titanfall of all things
Trying playing titanfall2 as a SEAnigger sucks humongous dick
>>
>>579773
just play gachashit like everyone else you stupid seamonkey
>>
>>572269
I noticed this happening more and more for games. It used to be in most games that you had a few fucks using hacks to win, but now the average game that isn't dead on arrival has a worse hacking problem than the old counter strikes ever did. Maybe it's just that getting hacks off the internet is easier and normalfags continue to want the highest ranks even though they can't compete. Though I'd say that it's shorta natural for them to do shit like this, remember that only 12 years ago they actually played nonmeta in games.
>>572759
It depends on the game anon and it's not just fps. There is a decent sized population of wall hackers or fog of war hackers in mobas and strategy games for example.
>>572870
Counterstrike and rainbow six siege are both 5v5s that means every match has 10 players. If ~10% of the playerbase uses hacks, than the average match can be expected to have 1 cheater. In a 50v50 gamemode it only takes ~1% of the playerbase to cheat to expect to see a cheater every game. I personally think that 3v3 is the largest you can get before seeing massive cheating problems, since you'd need ~17% of the playerbase cheating to expect a cheater every match. Of course it's only going to get worse across the board as more and more people resort to cheating. Perhaps the botfags were right?
>>
is MW2019 still unplayable?
>>
>>522283
csgo and valorant are fun if you're not taking it too serious
especially if you're in lower ranks where people know they're bad and just want to have fun. I think there are more chill people in valorant than csgo but that's probably just because it's more appealing to that type of audience
when you get to like platinum+ in valorant or dmg+ in csgo you often get queued with raging tryharding morons who get mad at everything because they don't realize the reason they're hardstuck is because they're simply not good enough
/immortal in valorant, ge in csgo

>>577245
valorant really isn't that bad. many CS fans can't even be arsed to learn new maps so it's not surprising that they would be hating on a new game. some people still have rose tinted nostalgia goggles for 1.6 for some weird reason. although when you ask them about it they never played 5v5s in 1.6, and haven't launched the game in over a decade even though it's still available
I've played CS for twenty years and I think valorant is pretty fun. my main gripe with it is the slow movement compared to CSGO but other than that it's well developed. the first maps they released were badly designed (blocky, claustrophobic, tons of 50/50 angles, too reliable on gimmicks) but they've only become better as time goes on. I like how the whole agent design keeps the gameplay very varied. in one game you can play as a smoker or support and set-up your team, another you can play as an entry. of course this has both pros and cons as some games you might get a team where everyone wants to play as a duelist. agent composition is important. someone once said that "cs is about perfection, valorant is about creativity" which I agree with. there is room for both games.
riot are updating the game pretty often and are open with what changes they are looking into which is a welcoming sight compared to valve's stonecold silence

>>577270
what makes you say that it feels too much like an algorithm made it?
>>
>>579835
The ragers start in upper gold to lower plat. I really enjoy valorant to just fuck around in because as you said, agents give you a feeling of variety and creativity actually ends up getting rewarded. Thinking up a retarded play and have fully work out is an amazing feeling. My only issue now is that I improved enough that I am in ranks with people raging, but at the same time I'm too lazy to learn standard smoke spots etc., which puts me in that purgatory of gimping myself intentionally or forcing myself to actually learn the game. It's the first time I have been playing a multiplayer fps for more than 10-20 hours too.
>>
>>522283
Valorant is pretty solid if u can get pass the cringe zoomer factor chaotic mess.
>>
CS is the ultimate shooter and always will be.
If you hate solo q then join a Discord and play with internet frens.
>>
>>579835
I played CS1.6 just last month and I still enjoy it. I really like the m4 in the older CS games, it feels like a mix between the m4a4 and m4a1-s in CS:GO. I also really liked the older maps and community maps better than the modern ones. Don't get me wrong, CS:GO's maps are amazing to look at and are probably better for competitive matches, but I enjoy the fun factor that is placed in most 1.6 maps. Plus both Assassination and Escape are a blast to play. I also enjoy being able to play 1.6 on my laptop when I can't use my desktop.
>>579927
Just play unranked then. It's been awhile but I'm sure they kept it in the game. iirc it was elo based like League of Legends so after awhile you'll get better players in your matches. And from my experience Riot's playerbase only gets extra salty throwing, rage trolling, or rage quitting in ranked.
>>
Gundam Evolution and Boundary are on my list for 2022
>>
>>580057
Hows Gundam if i know nothing about Gundam
>>
I'm going to get Sandstorm even tough it looks like shit and the gunplay is basic as hell
>>
>>580295
why?
>>
>>580297
Not a whole lot of games in the "hardcore" shooter genre out there
>>
>>579835
>>579927
I played unranked really low and bad, but no one was actually raging. Everyone was nice, maybe they ignored me sometimes when I talked but other than that it was pretty nice. I feel it is difficult to understand which agent is suitable which not, how you can use stuff, but it‘s also pretty fun to find it out. It‘s a new game new mechanics. Compared to csgo(which I am equally bad in) it is not as straightforward I would say. E.g. agent composition, so many weapons (while in cs you go gun, ak47 or gun m4a-s, here you have multiple you don‘t know what is what.) Csgo is just play here you need to think about which agent from 20 to choose. But low rank doesn‘t matter for that I guess. Throwing grenades is definetly 20x easier than csgo ffs. Having ingame bot and recoil training is also good.
I am still slowly playing, it is fun, has it‘s bad sides (for me), but I am curious if I will get better
>>
>>580422
Adding to this: a real negative suprise was how bad the graphics are. Playing on 4k everything high and the game
looks little bit worse than palladins. I guess OW and Blizzard remain the kings if it‘s about visual fidelity. But even csgo looks better I guess
>>
>>579773
Is there literally any point in playing that game when it's just
>stim
>car
>win
There is literally no skill in that shitty game, apex is miles better
>>
File: 1591952136090.gif (2.22 MB, 200x200)
2.22 MB
2.22 MB GIF
does titanfall 2 have anybody playing it (who aren't nolifers with 2000+ hours)? is it even possible to play it after the amount of server bullshit that happened to it?
>>
>>580057
>>580060
Gundam Evo is great
>>
>>580521
Depends on which country are you from
if you're from Asia, you're fucked with the amount of chinks and their shenanigans
If you're from Europe or NA, it's very stable
However, I'd recommend to take the Northstar Client
They got Attrition working by some miracle
Just pick a server that you're nearest to
>>
>>580426
>playing for graphics
ngmi
>>
>>522283
>is there any good multiplayer fps left?
My personal favorites are Unreal Tournament 99, Unreal Tournament 2004, Quake II, Quake III, Serious Sam, Aliens versus Predator Classic 2000 and Return to Castle Wolfenstein. All are DRM free on GOG and can be played trough Hamachi with friends.
>>
>>580521
official servers
>soulless hitscan+stim+ion metafags
northstar server
>everyone who appreciates variety
Wow, tough choice
>>
>>580561
Not graphics per se, it just looks blurry
>>
I wish they'd release diabotical on steam.
Even if its 15 bux.
The fps market is so fucking stale.
idsoft needs to give us Q5 soon
The only somewhat decent upcoming fps is Dorktide in September.
>everyone is waiting for BRs to die
Yeah but will they really die? As long as fortnite is a thing, all fps coming out will be "just copy the most popular thing"
Name one game that came out recently that didn't copy at least 1 aspect of fortnite.
>>
>>581157
why does it matter if it's on steam or not? if it's good enough it would have a playerbase but the fact is that people don't care about a dead 25 year old game genre that only boomers have rose tinted nostalgia goggles for
>Name one game that came out recently that didn't copy at least 1 aspect of fortnite.
valorant
>>
>>522283
im enjoying hell let loose
>>
>>581230
>does it have a battlepass
>does it have cartoony artstyle
Come on man
>>
>>581230
every afps that came out in the past 10 yrs
>rushed launch, unfinished EA crap
>developers clueless about retaining a playerbase
>shitty/no marketing
>muh espords : - DDD
>0 coop vs AI content
>>
>>581300
>if it has battlepass and cartoony artstyle it means it copied it directly from fortnite
Come on man
>>581302
if the gameplay isn't good enough to retain a playerbase by itself then maybe the gameplay is shit
CS 1.6 had hardly any marketing nor updates for almost a decade yet still was the most popular FPS game on PC during its lifetime
CSGO is hardly marketed either and Valve barely update it yet it's by far the most popular FPS on PC

funny how every single afps that came out in the past 10 yrs have been so bad that even afps boomers grow bored of them after a few weeks
it's almost like not even the boomers themselves like the genre any more
>>
>>522283
no
>>
File: 5raOuPA.jpg (51 KB, 960x573)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>581300
>fortnite invented these
>>
File: 1633451866408.jpg (110 KB, 1022x688)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
>>522283
if you hate yourself i would suggest Escape from Tarkov. abit late in the wipe now so cant suggest trying unless you play on low populated servers
>>
>>580606
>ion metafags
....ion is meta?
>>
>>581312
The issue is that a lot of AFPS revival attempts like to ignore how there were many ways to play an AFPS, not just duels and/or deathmatch. I think what would be best for an AFPS revival is to try and have UT2004's level of content, but the issue with that is
1. It would take a ridiculous amount of time and money if the revival's devs want the game to have modern AAA graphics. UT2004's level of content would probably require its graphical quality as well.
2. UT2004's amount of content was partially due to it being built directly from 2003.
>>
>>522283
I'm reinstalling Insurgency Sandstorm on Steam. What am I in for?
>>
After 5000-7000 or so hours of fps multiplayer I just abandoned the genre, its too shit, I started going into fighting games and rediscovered a new world of skills I thought were unfun before but they actually give a lot of adrenaline rush
>>
File: 1650019977851.jpg (8 KB, 221x228)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>583205
Most games end up with one side STOMPING the other.
>>
Slightly off-topic but what are some decent games (non-fps included) you can sink some time into and climb?
I finally hit diamond in valorant but i can't be bothered to grind all the way to immortal or deal with just ranked chicanery in general.
>>
>>539472
BF1
>>
Verdun is good if you find a full server
>>
>is there any good multiplayer fps left?
tap in.
>>
apex is garbage, i hate those fortnite style games where the map gets smaller
>>
>>523465
mint! i love co-op fps, a dying breed i might add

is deep rock galactic good? i just got it for free on xbox but didn't really play it much yet
>>
>>523310
Enjoying valo recently, like the gradual level up in between rounds over smaller abilities until you get ultimate where you can go beast mode.
>>
>>522283
Rust.
>>
>>549422
>Combat Arms

This shit is so fucking old and rerelease on Steam is dead.
Are there no new f2p CoD clones being made anymore? Combat Arms, Special Force, Crossfire, etc., those were the days.
>>
>>585033
Isnt A.V.A rerelasing?
I dint have high hopes desu
>>
>>548283
apex is fun
>>
>>570254
this sounds only entertaining to autistic people
>>
i honestly wished natural selection 2 didnt die and we had more games like it. something about the rts/fps hybrid was so fucking cool. owell
>>
>>585732
>natural selection 2
cancerest game with the canceriest people ever
>>
Battlebit has a lot of potential. So much so the biggest problem it's likely to face is the devs just not being able to keep servers running because there's a huge market for battlefield style FPS and they're a dev team of literally 3 guys doing it as a hobby.
>>
Every single fucking server in northstar has 200 ping what do you mean?
>>
>>584210

Fucking roblox. LMAOING AT UR LYFE RITE NAO.
>>
>>580057
boundary is in development hell lol
>>
>>585216
yes it is, but neowiz are incredibly incompetent so there's still no date (which they've set back numerous times before)
>>
>>522283
Squad is a great fps. Its like a mix out of ArmA and Battlefield.
>>
>>572495
unironically squad is the prime time military fps right now
>modern gear with awesome attention to detail
>modern vehicles and armor that (specifically Heli's) do more than just kill the enemy
>incredible audio (nothing cooler than the sound of a heli landing and picking up your squad out of a warzone)
>teamplay and communication is the key to winning, finding a good server with people talking is not hard
>squad leading and commanding is simple on the surface with complexity once you start "doing"
>friendly people all around
AND
>new Australian faction update came out in the last week
>new buildings for all factions
>total lighting overhaul

if you arent playing squad right now wtf are you doing
>>
How do I get good at tactical shooters? I feel like I'm pretty good at a range of other shooters, e.g., BRs, Titanfall, even Splitgate when it was alive, but my skills really don't translate to CS:GO or Valorant. Getting frustrated by how low my skill is in comparison.
>>
rainbow 6 is full of zoomers or people on private parties.

Jesus Christ how fucking horrifying
>>
>>589717
The best way is to record yourself and then be a critique of yourself. You have more time to summarize not just your aim and movement, but also strategy and overall situation with enemies and friendlies.
t. never done this myself because i play cozy coop fps mostly.
>>
>>589717
get back in time when everyone started to play shooters either with ET/MOHAA or cs1.6/day of defeat
>>
>>589717
Memorize the map and hold angles. Thats it, thats CS. Its boring as shit. Gunfights are all about angles and prediction. Seeing someone first is winning.

Its way more fun to play other games that ignore the brutal and unfun mechanics of realistic firefights.

Also, ping is slower than a lot of these twitch shooters aim to be. Higher TTK games reward consistency more and usually reward a higher skill player. Unlike the literal dice roll that CS is often times among similarly skilled players. And thats also why its more about 'prediction' which is hugely comprised of luck. Games like valorant and siege try to alleviate the luck factor, but luck/probability is still a huge factor. Thats why you see pros trying to hold 2-3 angles at the same times cuz they have no clue, and luck is going to determine who has the near overwhelming advantage, rather than how well you can aim.

I dunno, I could go on and on. Its just never fun to me to play shit like cs.
>>
>>522948
apex is good you just can't handle daddy recoil big man recoil that pull harder recoil stick to cod buddy the rest of us have heads to click
>>
>>526381
>tarkov
so pubg but with destiny raids
>>
>>557395
I thought Halo 1-3 servers were closed?
>>
Is Hunt good on console?
>>
I just wish people didn't take games so fucking seriously now, including devs making everything a SBMM shitfest.
>>
>>538778
>mw 2019
>balls to the walls anything goes deathmatch
>literally just camping: the game
?????????????????????????????
>>
>>523465

Same. These days I just like to get a friend or play with randoms the Borderlands games, Payday 2 (Got an exoert friend who I stealth with Death Sentence one downs, gets me a shit ton of exp, that infamy grind takes it's toll on a mf), Dying Light, L4D2, Sven Co-Op, Unturned etc.
>>
File: csgo.png (973 KB, 1920x1006)
973 KB
973 KB PNG
>>522283
CSGO solo has actually found me a lot of friends and coming back to it as an adult has let me appreciate it
>>
>>523267
this VVV
>>570252
you beat me to it. As a big fan of warband np wars .im having heaps of fun
>>
>>590848
ill rather be dead
>>
File: piss and shit.png (1.12 MB, 1920x994)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB PNG
>>591051
>>
>>591051
>>591059
>retarded gun names
Yeah not surprised you make friends with slavangutans
>>
File: forestn.png (895 KB, 1920x1023)
895 KB
895 KB PNG
>>591076
Oh what you actually take skins seriously?
eat shit
>>
What's the best multiplayer fps that has nice vehicles to use and set in either fantasy or sci-fi settings for Xbox series s/x? I don't really enjoy fps games set in the real world.
>>
>>591028
what is the appeal of unturned? I was surprised when I saw it was one of the top games on steam in terms of player base. Seems like its just bad Rust but easier to run.
>>
File: 1650987208831.webm (665 KB, 854x480)
665 KB
665 KB WEBM
>>
>>592625
whats the purpose of that
>>
>>590848
well considering it's a game made for consoles and poorly ported to pc, i'd say yes
>>
>>592949
for weapons that have laser sights attached to them it's easier to hit things close up if you point shoot
but in that webm there's no point in point shooting
>>
File: 374_2022_04_28.png (1.1 MB, 926x910)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB PNG
>>540639
>>545003
>>536150
Northstar is gay and sucks dick, no stacking or matchmaking dilutes the true titanfall experience. PSA, regular servers have been up and stable since last Friday, anyone still playing n* while regular tf2 servers are up is a talentless retard, just wanted to pop in and share with you /vm/iggers.
>>
>>594327
>teamstacking
>good
>matchmaking
>good
youre severely mentally ill

>regular servers have been up and stable since last Friday
fake news

>n* while regular tf2 servers are up is a talentless retard
t. teamstacker
>>
>>594642
>fake news
Its true, I just played a few matches this morning although I had to switch to the London datacenter.
>>
>>594995
>one autist gets one game at "x" server and during "y" time
>announces to the entire world that the game is fixed for good
>servers get hammered immediately after
>rinse and repeat for a whole year
kino
>>
>>594642
>>595009
Sorry you don't have friends to play with or titanfall installed anon.
>>594995
gg today fren, na east isn't very populated that time of day.
>>
>>595050
>playing games for other people
i dont hate myself
>>
File: 1640898907904.png (736 KB, 865x869)
736 KB
736 KB PNG
>>594327
I have finally been able to let go of fastgame
>broken servers beyond repair and salvation
>even if everything worked perfect the pilot weapon balance is still completely fucked
>monarch is still as bakanced as she was when she released
I don't care anymore
and at this point I just want those hours back
>>
>>589541
I was playing squad hardcore for a couple weeks and it feels like someone flipped a switch and now I'm getting my ass blasted. It's as if everyone is now using ESP + Aimbot. It's very frustrating.
>>
>>557395
I do. Download project cartographer.

Halo 2 chads rise up!
>>
>>557395
well 2 classic has the worst hit detection known to man so it's obvious no one that cares about having fun would be playing it
>>
>>537457
>PS2
Hahahaha
>>
>>547420
>High skill ceiling
You mean purchase the highest rpm Rifle you can for your faction and spray? Real skillful
>>
cs1.6 and css
>>
>a predators a predator,no matter the environment
Jeff E., Survivalist
>>
>only mention of nu-promod is in the OP
haha thank fuck. fuck bulkhead and fuck joe brammer. if you buy any of their games, that's on you.

>>572269
yeah, it's slowly killing the genre and it's not an easy problem to fix for devs of fps games either because they're so latency sensitive. nobody trusts anyone anymore.

>>579789
>There is a decent sized population of wall hackers or fog of war hackers in mobas and strategy games for example.
mobas and strategy games tend to be sufficiently slow and simple that you can just selectively network player locations and fix the issue that way, though. in FPS games, it's much more difficult because of complex geometry and the low latency requirement (i.e. if someone peeks, you have to be able to see them).
>>
File: Insurgency-Sandstorm-0.jpg (299 KB, 1376x860)
299 KB
299 KB JPG
>>522283
Been playing much of Insurgency: Sandstorm lately. It incorporates many details other FPS miss today. Very realistic in a military standpoint, but not so autistic like ARMA that its still fun.
>>
>>589748
this is the primary reason why I play

I get to headshot them, over and over again. I can sperg in my Boomer self that I have years of FPS on these guys
>>
>>589748
>try playing today
>greeted with (new) soulless minimalistic hud
>more gimmicky operators
Bravo ubisoft
>>
>>585033
>>549422
>headshot 2 guys in a row
>chamming, mod he is hacking ban he
>Have to play like a mouth breather to not get kicked by the emods friends
>everyone has 1-shot AWP in their pocket
>24/7 maximum capacity quarantine servers
>24/7 Oil Rig for sniper niggers
>Snow Valley - SNIPERS ONLY
>200+ ping every server
Why do people play Combat Arms to not play Combat Arms
When are they going to kill it I swear to God, I ported my Nexon account to Valofe when it merged and I wish I hadn't because I always feel the need to reinstall the game to see if it's better like a battered house wife
>>
Urban terror 5 might be pretty good when it comes out in 10 years
>>
Any SEAnig here?
why the fuck is every FPS filled with chinkbotters?
Even dead games like tf2 and TF2 are filled with botters
What the fuck is this
>>
>>601234
apex isn't
>>
>>601234
because you live in chinkland shores?
>>
Are there any tacticool shooters that are alive and also good? I want something like CSGO but without recoil autism and with free for all
>>
>>600980
>tfw its been 6 years since they first revealed development
hello based UT enjoyer.
>>
>>547351
>bots
>>
File: lan.jpg (138 KB, 1280x720)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
>>601234
You're in SEA- the only way to play multiplayer is your local coin-operated LAN cafe.
>>
>>601782
It feels so much longer than that at this point. Hopefully it comes out in some playable form in the next year or 2, I've been really itching to play but last time I tried it was mostly EU servers with unplayable ping for me.
>>
>>530167
I've never seen a worse synopsis, congratulations, you managed to get everything wrong. Did we even play the same game?

Hunt showdown is a yeehaw cowboy shootout game, if you're playing like a slow rat you're not gonna win, or even have any fun. The trailers are misleading, however, I'll grant you that.
>>
>>585033
bump im dying for another cod clone
>>
Popular quake figurehead is working on an Action Quake 2 remake. I guess its kinda like urban terror and the specialists, never actually played AQ2.

https://twitter.com/mguns_fps
>>
>>600980
Do people play urban terror if download it right now?
>>
File: 1629454479376.png (118 KB, 713x822)
118 KB
118 KB PNG
>>602149
There's an okay amount right now. The second most popular server is surprisingly east coast US.
>>
>Don't like MUH SPEED SCHMOVEMENT zoomer shooters
>Don't like MUH SPEED BUNNYHOP boomer shooters
>Don't like MUH AUTISM WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT milsim shooters
>Don't like MUH WOKE NONSENSE nu-battlefield
>Don't like MUH WALL DASH HIPFIRE gears meme gameplay
>I'm not autistic so I don't fucking care about server browsers
>I'm autistic so I don't like joining discords just to play a fucking video game
>Don't like MUH DOTARDS hero shooters
What games will I like?

(I may have missed something but I'll make a shitpost about it if you remind me in a reply).
>>
>>602164
what is SCHMOVEMENT?? i dont know much about zoomer shooters just play boomer
>>
>>602212
Movement but spelt funny.

Shit like the sprint slide jump divekick slide sprint etc shit you're forced to do that makes you look like a spastic, crack addicted ape.
>>
>Overwatch 2 is a total flop Blizzard is retarded as usual and ruining the game with 5v5; OW1 ruined by shit balancing from (((Kaplan))) and his friend (((Goodman)))
>CS:GO added women+trash zoomer skins; everyone cheats; added toxicity banning system
>Valorant is trash forced and shilled onto people
>Rainbow Six Siege was so good until 2017 or 2018 from what I remember then it moved from being a tactical information based game to a zoomer run and gun
>TF2 botfest some decent community servers
>Robocraft ruined by devs
>League is trash
>DOTA is trash
>War thunder is grindy trash although lower BRs are OK barely multiplayer now as it doesn't even have a text chat
>Payday 2 multiplayer is crap and not as good as it used to be
>Holdfast shit devs again banning people for anything "offensive
>Never bothered to play GTA5 online but have heard it's just "modders" and Rockstar shut down servers for BLM
>Rocket league same BLM shit and EGS finished the game off
>Racing sims full of sweats although I've yet to try out more casual racing games'
>Planetside 2 subscription shit
>Battlefields series dead
>COD has always been trash but RIP anyways since it's no longer the wild west and they ban people for being "offensive"
>Apex trash EA diversity shit
>Arena boomer shooters suck and are dead

Even games like Arma 3 no longer have really good servers and only faggots run servers banning people for saying anything "offensive. Games like Tarkov I don't even want to get into because I now it's just going to be cheaters dominating.

This thread actually has some really good recommendations that I need to try out but AAA FPS is absolutely dead and even regular multiplayer is shit atm.

>>525431
ruined somewhat by cheaters but yeah this was fun

>>543944
>>544339
World War 3 was fucking great as well when I played it then it died but according to steam charts it's alive again though so this is one to retry

>>602164
Based, I'm also too autistic for discord as well :/ try WW3 id say
>>
>>602315
>Based, I'm also too autistic for discord as well :/ try WW3 id say
Isn't that an autistic milsim game?
>>
>>585033
ironsight is the only one whos name I can remember
>>
>>602340
It's more like an improved BF4 with a tad bit more realism from what I remember. I played it years ago and then it died for ages so I need to check it out and see if the gameplay is still the same.
>>
>>590518
I've read a lot of retarded shit on this website over the last 15 years, but holy shit was that a struggle.
>>
>>522283
hell let loose
>>
File: average squaddie.png (107 KB, 1101x919)
107 KB
107 KB PNG
I can assure you most fps are shit. The best i played was Hell Let Loose. Which i dont even like. I dont like it because people barely communicate. But it is what it is i guess. You know, no communication and its boring as fuck. But when you do get people that communicate then its really fun.
I do not recommend Rising Storm 2 Vietnam. Its just full of veteran players shitting on new ones. I mean the veteran players are still the only ones playing it.
I never tried Squad. Pic related.
>>
>>602726
just go play facebook nigger
>>
Surprised I haven't seen this mentioned, and sorry if it was posted and I missed it, but Splitgate isn't half bad. Probs closest thing to a classic arena shooter I've played in a long time and the implementation of portal jumping as a major part of the game mechanics keeps the game play fresh. Maps are pretty decent too.
>>
File: screenshot.png (1.36 MB, 1554x2532)
1.36 MB
1.36 MB PNG
>>602808
I'll start playing it once they remove the bots. Which they will never do. They say they dont like bots yet they're not even going to remove bots, just reduce them.
>>
>>602855
Once you play more than a few games the bots go down drastically and are non-existent if you play during peak times. Also, ranked mode.
>>
how scrub friendly is insurgency sandstorm? I'm not a braindead retard but I am a firmly below-average fps player, and I haven't bothered playing any fps games in forever because it always just devolves into getting farmed for entire matches by sweaty discordcunt premades
>>
>>522283
Try Rainbow 6, but use the ingame features to make people that are being faggots quiet. Other than it being a mediocre-at-best game without friends to play, it may be good.
>>
File: 1600708493086.png (523 KB, 604x446)
523 KB
523 KB PNG
>>603059
Probably not gonna like it, half of the game is map knowledge and camping your enemy before they camp you
So yes it will mean getting farmed for entire matches by sweaty discordcunt premades
You can play their 5v5 competitive mode, which flopped harder than fucking LawBreakers, but at that point just go play CS:GO
They do have CO-OP bots but if you throw a smoke grenade and hide in it you turn invisible to bots
>t. level 178, 200+ hours in Insurgency: Sandstorm, 900+ hours in Insurgency
>>
>>603064
Also the meta is shooting whichever gun shoots the fastest like in Rainbow Six: Siege
>SCAR-H is 2 shots to kill in torso
>because it has easier recoil ok? lol
>G3A3 is 1 shot kill in torso
>It shoots slower than SCAR-H so it does more damage
>AKM is 2 shot to kill in torso
>600 rpm
>QBZ-03 is 2 shot to kill in torso
>750 rpm
>We promise we will never add the Desert Eagle, it doesn't belong in Insurgency and never will appear in Insurgency
>2 years later, original dev team left
>WE ADDED THE DESERT EAGLE, P90, KRISS VECTOR, CHINK SHIT, AND A SUPPRESSED MR73 REVOLVER
>>
>>601242
apex is dogshit
>>
>>543944
This is the only FPS game I have really enjoyed as of late. Highly suggest WW3.

It gives me a hybrid COD/Battlefield feel.
It's got kill streaks, but the gun play/vehicles feel like Battlefield.
>>
>>522283
hunt showdown
>>
>>594318
Wtf are you talking about? Controls on console compared to mouse are terrible. Unless they updated recently, it felt like Far Cry 2 console controller where you couldn't change shit and the acceleration speed was horrendous
>>
>>576189
This. Ubishit copypasta open world of Waldo for the past 10 years and rainbow dicks pee forever now that people forgot they did splinter cell. I actually had fun with blacklist multiplayer but it died too quick and never got new dlc maps for multiplayer
>>
>>594318
>well considering it's a game made for consoles and poorly ported to pc
full retard. what compels people to make such dumb statements?
>>
>>575773
Ever wonder why game devs don't give the option to cross platform with other consoles instead of PC?
>want to play warzone or mw2019 with just Xbox and playstation
>Lol fuck you it's either all or just your xbox
>Okay whatever
>Hackerman every couple games
>Stopped playing cross play because of that trash

I know they now have anti cheat but for those fuckers not to allow the option of turning off PC cross platform at all still pushed me away entirely
>>
>>603453
I get cheaters are annoying but the solution is better anti-cheat solutions, not fracturing the playerbase further than it already is, on top of the atrocious SBMM that already loves to give you crappy ping games for the sake of "fairness."
>>
>>603455
>but the solution is better anti-cheat solutions
The only way anti-cheat can really get better would be to get more intrusive, and people are already starting to draw the line at the intrusiveness of current anti-cheat software.
Cheats are always evolving too, working around existing anti-cheat solutions and becoming harder to detect. It's a losing battle. There's basically no way for anti-cheat to keep up realistically other than just having complete control of your machine.
>>
>>522283
garry's mod
>>
>>590473
ah yes the game with daddy recoil that literally REMOVES ALL RECOIL when you move your crosshair too fast
>>
>>522283
>titanfall 2 northstar client
>>
>>604024
the only good anti cheat are community hosted servers with active admins
but modern retarded gaymers don't know that it is possible and publishers don't want people to have freedom with the products they buy
>>
>>604096
Yeah, it's also not an intrinsic feature of community hosted servers.
>>
>>594327
>attrition andy
>hates on n*
understandable, kys
>>
>>545268
play flipside with coldwar
best fun ive had
>>
File: titfall.png (1.14 MB, 1014x903)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB PNG
>>604094
>tfw attrition with 16 people
northstar is literally better than vanilla
>>
>>604126
works on most maps, too crowded on the best ones
>>
>>522283
Team fortress 2. The Uncletopia community servers are the best imo, use those if you're new: vanilla game, and 3 person limit on each class, and no bots.
>>
>>528173
Uncletopia is the best community vanilla option in my opinion. Got banned for a few days for accidentally hitting my "fag fragged" bind tho. So just be aware of that.
>>
>>604134
it is better on any map fuck you
>>
>>603070
the meta is shooting whatever gun has the fastest bullet velocity
disappointing how insurgency 2 has turned out regardless. i wonder where the og dev team have all ended up in
>>
>>604464
>the meta is shooting whatever gun has the fastest bullet velocity
but the guns are hitscan within a certain distance
>>
>>603453
you're only getting hackers at low levels because its free to play. they just make new accounts again and again.

unironically get better and you quickly see less hackers.
>>
>>603453
>>604024
ill one ( 1) positive thing about warzone and that is I actually saw a player get live-banned the other day
>>
Just downloaded MW2019 last night to play with my roommates. Its not that bad. The customization is done so poorly though. Its not fun when the guns have direct upgrade attachments so you're just forced to play with garbage until its leveled up enough.
>>
>>604488
this and also it's not insurgency 2 retard, ins 2 is ins 2014>>604464
>>
always have a blast on squad, first 5 minutes of a match where everyone is verbally shitposting is my favorite, takes me back to xbox live days.

anyone want to get a regular group going? i play SL every game, would appreciate consistency in tard wrangling.
>>
>>605440
is it all dedicated servers with autistic rules or can you join an actual game easy in squad? bc i tried arma 3, joined a server and i got spawned in the middle of nowhere, saw no one for 10 minutes and then got kicked.
>>
>>579835
>people know they're bad and just want to have fun.
how to make game as unfun as possible
ye autist i want to play highly competitive game with high celling to NOT engage in game mechanic and have social fun instead, fucker i rather watch paint dry with real friends then.

Chill people need to eat the bullet, i expect characterless automatons that will sweat the living shit out of themselves to replace lack of ai development in gaming industry.
>>
>>605695
>is it all dedicated servers with autistic rules

i just pick a serb with low ping and 90+ players. never been kicked, but i squadlead and PTFO. some rules exist for a reason, but if you're wondering if the servers are as bad as HOG on PR, they're really not. sometimes when i'm bored i'll draw swastikas on the map with movement arrows. just dont be retarded and PTFO, it's not that hard.
>>
>>604488
>but the guns are hitscan within a certain distance
so guns with higher velocity have a higher distance covered as hitscan meaning you can shoot them at any range and they drop straight away, a lot better than a firerate of +150. there is no scenario where you are both going to see each other at the same time with all other variables staying constant such as reaction speed and lag to name a few. just headshot them.
i only have an issue with having no incentive to running armour or ammo kits (unless machine gun/rpg)
>>604902
yes but 95% of the fanbase probably don't even know of the existence of the source mod
>>
>>522283
I've been playing a game called "The Stanley parable ultra deluxe"
You should try it, Very fun game!
>>
>>522283
>>csgo i have no friends and solo q is a nightmare
Hey OP mind sharing your steam?
might actually play with you on my alt
>>
I've been playing halo mcc its fun as fuck on pc
>>
>>540074
>1500 hours

fucking noob
>>
>>532121
brother you can play tarkov on a mac
>>
>>602451
lol i second this
>>
everytime I get the urge to play games. I end up staring at my steam library and digging through the store all night only to be left disapointed. I miss the fun old games. I occasionally will play CSS gungame servers until I get bored. where are the good FPSs? I really wanna play battle bit but its not in testing right now. very depressing boys. I used to really love playing flying scoutsman on CSGO but no one plays anymore and all the servers are full of hackers. I read this entire thread and didn't find anything. are the good FPSs really all gone?
>>
>>607252
feel free to join us for QuakeWorld 4on4. We've been playing every night (roughly 10-11pm est until 3-4am est) almost for the better part of 3 years now. Completely free, nice older community, great game.
https://www.nquake.com/
S458XpMsHm
>>
File: mXxUjBN.jpg (87 KB, 1024x730)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
>>607260
>40 empty servers. 1 with nothing but bots.
pain
>>
>>607271
https://badplace.eu/
We've been playing 4on4 since 10pm and there are still games going. Same story every other night the past 3 years.
>>
>>607271
quakeworld has no bots, least not by default
>>
>>607281
One of the TF servers has bots on, and sometimes theres an FFA server with bots. Otherwise to play with bots a player has to be present in the server and manually turn them on.
>>
Hell let loose
>>
>>523284
this sucks
>>
>>537402
i miss dirty bomb that game was so good
>>
>>538802
quake players dont like qc
>>
can we just admit that all games suck and go out side?
>>
Hunt showdown
>>
>>607426
outside sucks even more dawg
>>
>>592625
the fuck is this
>>
>>567115
Filtered lmao
Go back to your healthpack spam games where you can press 5 to try again.
And yes, hardcore HQ was my favorite mode in COD4

>>568646
I was really dissapointed about no server browser on launch like Halo CE had
>>
>>607564
operation: harsh bluedrake
>>
>'83 effectively cancelled for singleplayer game nobody knows about or asked for
kms
>>
>>522283
On god chief.
>ready or not
>rising storm 2
>squad

Games with genuine dopamine rushes when you get a kill with some nice shit about them. ON rising storm there's nothing more satisfying than baiting a bunch of GI's into a tripwire mine
>>
File: fuck you.png (126 KB, 1772x779)
126 KB
126 KB PNG
>>604488
>>604488
You will never shoot someone who is more than 50m away
If you are, you're not PTFO'ing or you are spawncamping but that is acceptable
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-ItayIhe0O5bFe8zLQQRT4Kqrk0dYI4HqH0N11YYElI/edit#gid=1842781430
This is a spreadsheet that tells you exactly when a gun becomes hitscan and when you need to start leading targets due to Muzzle Velocity which again you will almost never have to do because most engagements are like 30-50m away, hitscan/muzzle velocity is not a meta
>>
File: 1645593542778.webm (2.69 MB, 640x640)
2.69 MB
2.69 MB WEBM
>>608109
Also why are you trying to snipe with an AK or one-tap with any gun in general, first shot recoil is so cancer you should just spray and pray until the thing you want dead drops dead
>>
>>607816
>igi
>nobody knows about
underage
>>
>>607416
This.
I'm a quake boomer and I'd rather die over and over in gaypex than play quake chimpion
That shits ass
>>
File: Ps.jpg (337 KB, 2560x1440)
337 KB
337 KB JPG
Is post scriptum fun? I didn't see it listed here yet.
>>
File: HLL.jpg (86 KB, 616x353)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
on sale and im tempted to buy it but i have a question for those who play
is the game similar to new battlefield, where everyone just puts kills first and ignores objectives? or is it like squad where everything has to be done as a team and squads need to communicate with other squads?
>>
>>602037
what AI program do people use to make these things
>>
>>608804
i played it back when it first became available
it quickly started becoming shit after the first 2-3 months, and i havent returned since. last i heard it became even more shit. they started really punishing squad leaders for taking initiative so i decided to move on
>>
>>608988
>they started really punishing squad leaders for taking initiative
sounds really shit but can you elaborate on this?
>>
>>608992
used to, you could get off a really good flank (takes time to do + have to actually know what you are doing), then put down your garrison or squad spawn so you can start trickling people into caps. it was like that during the first 2-3 months the game was on steam. then all of a sudden they decided to remove that except for recon, and they started fucking with other stuff so you couldnt actually take initiative anywhere near as much as you used to be able to

i havent booted the game up in a long time because of that shit, and im not willing to give it another chance. the last time i booted it up, it went from being okay to being extremely arcadey to the point that i almost thought i was playing call of duty on a way bigger map
>>
>>608993
>extremely arcadey to the point that i almost thought i was playing call of duty
was afraid thats what the game would be, thanks for the heads up
>>
>>608995
i came to HLL from playing a lot of red orchestra 2. in the end, i went back to red orchestra 2, even if it is extremely dead nowadays. at least it feels significantly better than HLL.
>>
>>522283

> is there any good multiplayer fps left?

no in fact nearly all multiplayer games are trash considering how so many people are paying hackers to write automation or cheat programs.

2021, video games are dead

Devs don't care about the community, they just get their money and let their games get hacked and taken over by supreme faggots.
>>
>>607816
no what

wtf!
>>
>>609077
>Devs don't care about the community, they just get their money and let their games get hacked and taken over by supreme faggots.
I blame streamers and esports wannabes, they're the ones funneling money to the cheat developers in the hope their careers takes off.
>>
>>522283
overwatch is still alive if you don't play dps
>>
>>522283
Half life still has servers man, don't know what you're talking about.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (93 KB, 720x599)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>>604139
no it sucks
>>
>>522283
>cod is cod
>halo is gay
these arent reasons, they're dipshit opinions formed by someone who sunk his teen years into csgo
>>
>>557538
>never played CE on pc and server browsed
retard
>>
>>609294
>overwatch is still alive if you have sex with your butt
>>
>>609979
As someone who likes it up the ass, I resent that.
>>
>>604024
The only solution is for consoles to become the competitive devices that people play on and allow anticheats with absolute control. Sure some will cheat by directly accessing memory anyways but that'll require specialized hardware deterring quite a lot of people. I'm going back to singleplayer games anyways it's not worth the hobby being controlled by sony or microsoft in the future from what I predict.

>>604096
this is basically all you can do for now to limit the amount of cheaters you run into

>>609097
ding ding ding partially true

HOWEVER, in conjunction with:

>>609077
Shroud one of the few that is worth 8 figures from gayming and definitely 9 figures when he retires was allowed to cheat by the PUBG devs. You can look on youtube it's pretty blatant.

>>572759
>Play overwatch
>Get to T500
>Eventually quit because of college and I'm just a ladderfag plus shit balance issues making the game die
>Washed up
>Come back for a bit barely can stay low masters on damage
>Decide to cheat since game is dead anyways
>Easily get T500 again
>With wallhacks I notice how some players are very suspicious themselves
>Realize that almost every other game masters and up has a cheating DPS in the lobby now

Cheating was always a thing in Overwatch especially at the higher ranks but pretty much everyone cheats masters and up now. Even diamond has plenty of cheaters. If you check the T500 leaderboards for DPS...

**Emphasizing this not reddit spacing**

Look at the number of banned players for DPS from what I remember it's like 100+ for some seasons

**Emphasizing this not reddit spacing**

...Now they want to make the game even more reliant on cheating DPS with 5v5 KEK game is guaranteed dead. I played in the beta and even without cheaters (played early in the beta but now cheats work in the beta as well lmao) the gameplay was awful. THE COMPETITIVE AAA FPS GENRE IS DEAD. Good riddance though blizzard is such a faggot company.

1/2
>>
>>609979
>>609294
It's dead refer to: >>611170
unless you're playing in plat and below which make anyone that experienced the game in a halfdecent state at higher ranks want to sudoku then it's dead.

>>572870
In Overwatch people admitting it is hilarious I remember playing in a streamer's game and there were two fresh accounts on the other team cheating. I added them and it was absolutely hilarious since we were laughing about him not realizing I was also cheating on his own team.. the streamer even made a video about the duo calling them edaters cheating. He reported the accounts directly to the devs in a content creator discord (since content creators have special privileges of course plebeians just have to take it up the ass while cheaters rarely get banned) and it took a while for the dps account to get banned. The support egirl account (was also blatantly hacking in that match) didn't get banned for AGES and landed up in his matches two more times before getting banned (original guy and then me as well since he was nice enough to provide the login to others). Eventually rage hacked on the account weeks later because logically it should've been banned but somehow flew under the radar finally got the account banned.

So, even with a semi-high profile streamer contacting the devs DIRECTLY it's a struggle to get cheaters banned in Overwatch. GAME IS DEAD courtesy of shit devs so I can't even blame cheaters after seeing it from their perspective. Anyone that thinks that there isn't a cheating epidemic please try cheating yourself you'll gain a lot of insight into it and learn the truth. Also in Overwatch from what I experienced sure people use wall hacks in masters and low gm a little bit. However, people typically turn them off higher up as there's more scrutiny and you'll want to avoid reports. Typically they might use slight silent aim (fading out of use since people are smarter now) but very low FOV aimbots/flickbots are enough to give a massive advantage

2/2
>>
Splitgate felt good about getting to masters in ranked 3v3s
>>
>>601234
>pubg filled with pajeet and/or chink hackers
>warzone filled with chink hackers
It's all so tiresome desu. My friends and I used to play BR just to chill and hangout but they have all turned to shit. Warzone was super fun, as was PUBG. Just casual shit ya know?
>>
>>522283

Counter Strike 1.6
>>
>>523267
Organized play was the shit, but I just can't into random games.
>>
File: Gabranth.jpg (509 KB, 1920x1080)
509 KB
509 KB JPG
>>522283
CS:S Zombie Escape, on that note: Why does every ZE map have a mandatory bossfight that doesn't fit the map, I can understand fighting Gabranth in an Ivalice themed map, but a box, with a boxy platform surrounded by a moat of radioactive goop?
>>
Im surprised nobody mentioned SWAT 4 in all this, sure its more fun with friends but you can still jump in a server and play fine.
>>
>>612461
Play ready or not instead
>>
>>612473
From what i've seen it looks great but since its still EA its kinda barebones right now.
>>
File: 1644000321996.png (217 KB, 817x237)
217 KB
217 KB PNG
>>612473
do not play ready or not, it has piss all content
swat 4 is better and has better mods like sef, sef-fr, and btla
the upcoming june update looks promising though
>>
Planetside 2 is great, it celebrates its 10th anniversary this year and still is getting regular content updates, perhaps now more than ever. The only MMOFPS there is, with the biggest battles in pretty much any shooter. So many different ways to play and specialize in that game, and often even doing a small thing for yourself (such as taking a vehicle, riding up to a mobile enemy spawn base and blowing it up with C4) you can feel yourself making a difference that changes the grand scheme of the battle. Also there is no hard match/round systen like there is in games such as battlefield, so you can jump in and get out whenever you want. I highly recommend.
>>602315
>Planetside 2 subscription shit
What do you mean by that? The game is fully free to play, and while a premium subscription does give you some bonuses they are by no neans important to playing. Real money mostly buys cosmetics, all weapons can be bought with the certification points you gain by playing, and XP/Certification point gain is probably faster now than it ever was, even for a F2P player like me.
Even the new 4th faction, that will always put you with the faction most in need of additional forces, no longer requires premium.
>>
>>522283
Hunt showdown
>>
>>612354
>The Nemesis escape map
>Zombies are only 3 super Nemesis zombies
>level 4
>Suddenly Bahamut bossfight on 2 boats
Even in 2022, ZE players cannot escape the hell that is Mako Reactor
>>
>>583205
Unironic shit-bucket BF3 Colonel 100 curbstomping the other team
I've seen niggas at level 3000+
what the fuck do they play, 24/7 Push?
>>
>>612869
>example given for peak gameplay is finding ways to blow up the enemy spawn and stop a fight completely
Milsimmer alert, go sit in your P1GS zerg and stare at an empty spawn room instead of recommending wrel's sloppy seconds to people who are actually trying to play a first person shooter.
>>
>>579789
I play siege at a high level and there is definitely not a hacker every match. The nature of hacks in siege make it really difficult for hackers to hide the fact they're hacking, you can tell very easily if someone is aimbotting or has ESP and there's no minimap to put dots on either. I've played 200 matches of siege this season and probably come up against hackers 6 times, 3 of which was the same guy
>>
You mentioned you haven't played insurgency, go ahead and wishlist it. Goes on sale for 2$ sometimes so get it then
It's a good game with some banter and fuckery, gunplay feels good. It won't be a main game but it's good to have ready to launch
Otherwise, yeah fps are dogshit right now
>>
siege thread died
why the fuck is it taking me half an hour to find a deathmatch game
>>
>>549796
Land hot retard. Don't dwindle around the edge of the map and wonder why your getting beamed by purple kitted AR's late game. Also you don't know how to push retard.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.