[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 37 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Are you ready for Oshur?
>>
dead game lol lmao
>>
>>502224
Not yet, I'll check it out tomorrow. I'm pretty hyped.
>>
>>502224
Im ready for them to rework the lattice system to add strategic depth to the game instead of being a mindless zerg

Oh wait they're never going to do that so no.
>>
Wait, wtf happened to the last thread?
>>
>>502304
no generals allowed on this board, someone put /ps2g/ Planetside 2 General in the subject last thread, janitors nuked it
>>
>>502349
christ almighty
>>
>>502261
Yeah I imagine that's a gigantic cost in development resources. Cause it is a pretty big rework of the core of the game. Considering how picky gamers can be now a days, there's no way to tell if that will be good or bad for the game in the long run. I think most people like that its a mindless zerg. You can just jump in, kill people, and not really think about anything cause nothing matters.
>>
>>502374
>Considering how picky gamers can be now a days
If people were so picky, they wouldn't even play this piece of shit game in the first place. The only reason this is still afloat is addiction / time sunk cost.
>>
File: maggot.png (182 KB, 474x351)
182 KB
182 KB PNG
>>502349
sometimes I feel bad about myself in life, then the autistic trains that clean up the shit around here do something like that and I feel ok because I will never reach that level of pathetic.
>>
>Wrel nerfs Kobalt, last good AI top gun
Why are you here?
>>
>>502261
That won't make the game more fun and you're a retard.
>>
>>502224
The base designs are legitimately horrific.
Somehow wrel manages it every single time, he doesn't make miscalculations, he just does things that are absolutely baffling.
>>
>>502224
No.
>>
gentle reminder newt is the big gay, thank you for reading
>>
File: ps2.jpg (637 KB, 2560x1440)
637 KB
637 KB JPG
>>502224
Just hopped on test server. Had plenty of graphical glitches on my potato settings (pic related), but when they fix that the continent should be pretty good. It looks pretty nice. I hope they disable all magical spawning options (beacons, routers, instant action) and actually require people to push on land, creating epic battles.
>>
>>502740
Textures appear again on Graphical settings: High but Oshur in general fucking demolished my trash PC, it needs a lot of optimizing
>>
File: 1386624066136.jpg (61 KB, 404x345)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>502349
>>502694

>no generals
>/vm/
>no generals about the long lasting aspect of a game

On the other side though, I was in the destiny general and it was literally just a /soc/ thread so, maybe they are doing something right.
>>
>>502797
i have no complaints with how the jannies operate on this board, anything that prevents it from becoming vg
>>
>>502702
>tfw bus driver
to suffer
>>
>>502797
that game annoys the fuck out of me, what kind of fucking developer removes content from a coop pve game? First game I've had to look up cutscenes on youtube for even after completing the side areas because "YoU hAd To Be ThErE"

also worldline zero, the day they nerfed my ability to zoom is the day I quit, I must go fast fuck you bungo
>>
File: erect machine.png (939 KB, 813x827)
939 KB
939 KB PNG
>>502739
she thinks my prowler's sexy
>>
>>502826
>what kind of fucking developer removes content from a coop pve game?
FOMO
live services games are full of anti-consumer practices
>>
File: image.png (23 KB, 248x95)
23 KB
23 KB PNG
not very wholesome chungus 100 if you ask me....
>>
I'll play the game again when oshur releases, it's been a long time since a new continent
>>
>>503183
See you in a couple weeks! It'll be shit but it'll be fun anyway.
>>
gunplay is real good. nothing else is. sad and dead game.
>>
>>503055
just fyi, low res textures do nothing for performance (supposedly even hurts it)
>>
>>503362
lmao they still haven't fixed that shit?
>>
>>502224
Hopped back in a few days ago for some fights, still can't aim but at least I'm in TR
>>
>>503362
something about the textures having to be downsampled from the high ones every time you load them so it loads slower
>>
>>503362
Low res textures can help on cards with very little VRAM. If textures fit in VRAM then resolution doesn't matter. If not, they need to be constantly reloaded, which is slow.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (67 KB, 1280x720)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>503473
Also, some use low res textures in order to improve visibility and give themselves competitive edge.
>>
Remove construction
>>
>>503567
bet you going to love oshur
>>
Instead of the gay ass archer, there should be an anti-MAX shotgun to deal with this trash
>>
>>503580
>bet you going to love [insert half assed shit here]
lol
>>
https://youtu.be/F6WDBNOkySA?t=197
>that smooth as fuck music transition between gameplay
Have I finally found it? The fabled "montage kino" I've spent so much time searching for since combinerofarms dropped off the face of the earth?
>>
>>503657
Are those slugs I am retarded
>>
>>503709
anon.....
>>
put ps2g in the title next time retard
>>
>>503282
Not anymore it isn't, played lately? Holy fuck it's like using a Type 77 again
>>
>>503739
Why? If you want "ps2g" you should go to /vg/, as generals are not welcome on /vm/. This is just an ordinary planetside discussion thread :)
>>
>>503774
This game is too dead to sustain a general
>>
>>503791
Then why do you want one so badly?
>>
>>503792
>Anonymous is the same person
>>
>>503799
Don't be silly anon we aren't individuals, just voices from a machine learning system you happened to stumble upon.
>>
>>502261
The Zerging is core gameplay and necessary. It's how the game simply works. But hey, you try motivating 100 people to go to one specific base, zerging takes actual skill.
>>
>>502261
i bet you're one of those dipshits who wants an alert winrate tracker
>>
trading mechanic for iso between players in sanctuary thanks
>>
>>502261
that was probably my biggest issue when i played this years ago, just a mindless game
which isnt entirely a bad thing but why when u can just join a cs deathmatch server and get the same feeling
>>
>>503739
putting ps2g in the title ensures this thread gets deleted on /vm/
it existed on /vg/ for a short period of time and then died because of how slow the thread is
you are not allowed to have generals on /vm/
>>
>>503567
Remove medkits
>>
File: CanNeverGoBack.jpg (55 KB, 800x886)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
Planetside1 is superior in every single way to Planetside2.
You traded graphics for the world.
Very sad.
>>
why is it such a pain in the dick to kill people with grenades in this game? realized that i just needed nade kills for explosives master, then saw i only had like 450 in 5 fuckin' years. now i'm chucking them into every packed hallway and farm i can find but seems like i'm lucky i get one kill every three attempts. wish we could cook them.
>>
>>503611
Have you tried using UBGL? not exactly shotgun, but with the explosion it's almost a 2 hit kill, and it reloads faster than rocket launchers.
>>
a single fucking tr stalker on the opposite side of the continent from his faction made it take so long to build my os base that VS pushed 3 hexes and rolled it over with tanks before I could even finish putting walls around my modules and turrets, let alone actually put the uplink down
i have never been so mad at this game in my life
>>
>You're in Esamir
>Patrolling for enemy around the perimeter after capturing a base
>You're not on foot
>You're not in a tank nor aircraft
>You're piloting a Big Fucking Robot with customized weapons
>Your vision starts to go black and white
>You hear a beautiful woman saying something over and over again
COME HOME, WHITE MAN
COME BACK HOME, WHITE MAN
>You wake up from your dream to a mullato screaming over voice comms
>you're not really in a Big Fucking Robot, now you're in a re-skinned sci-fi knock off of Call of Duty designed solely to make money via microtransactions until the game dies
>aka Planetside2.exe
YOU
CAN
NEVER
GO
BACK
>>
transport pilots should get even more xp rewards while getting the spot from deployside just saying it would be good for tactical increase as well keeping up the active phase that deployside offers
>>
>>504133
bouncyness makes it hard and most people don't drool so they move when they see the marker
bando definitely makes frags a lot better though since you can sorta make people play simon says on their position if they are hunkered down
>>
>>504394
no one that played planetside 1 liked bfrs
>>
>>504447
Youre right but you know what I did like?
Killing BFR because in the final years of PS1 they were exclusively piloted by actual chinks
>>
File: chrome_x30LipWqss.png (32 KB, 572x277)
32 KB
32 KB PNG
this is a thing
https://twitter.com/WrelPlays/status/1483135691764551681?t=J61s6gA0wC8mBVL0S-ysBg&s=19
>>
Why did they refuse to add the completely finished ES sunderer guns and ES buggies to the game?
>>
>>504678
>Why did
werl
>>
>>503792
Why you here whiner?
>>
wrel was the death of the game
game lost all soul when the og devs left
>>
>>505039
It never had soul to begin with
>>
Reminder that HESH is a straight upgrade to HEAT
>>
https://ps2.fisu.pw/player/?name=nick79990&show=statistics
*blocks your path*
what do?
>>
>>505257
There's got to be a literal disability going on somewhere in it's body
>>
Opposite question. Does this player look legit?
https://ps2.fisu.pw/player/?name=butwhoasked&show=weapons
>>
File: 1626245662728.gif (2.96 MB, 400x225)
2.96 MB
2.96 MB GIF
>>505039
This fag really just imply that ps2 had 'soul'?
99% chance anon is a bug man who spent hundreds if not thousands of dollars on microtransactions/custom skins.
>>
>>505361
cmon? at launch?!
>>
>>505366
PS1 existed and had more soul in it's uninstaller.exe than ps2 will ever have, lad.
Ps2 was a blatant cash grab trying to replicate PS1's success/profit in as fast a way as possible. It is a souless re-skin and retooling of popular at the time games like call of duty.
I played ps2 in beta and at launch.
I has so psyched, hoping itd be as glorious as ps1.
I was disgusted at what I seen.
>inb4 you hated game bc you didnt have good squad
I only played as long as I did because I was in enclave, a polulae squad that raped nightly with 100-200+ dudes on comms. Even despite that, I could barely stomach a month or two.
>>
File: EIOMdAIXYAEKty1.jpg (255 KB, 1098x1305)
255 KB
255 KB JPG
>>505373
based enclave retard
>>
File: 1636438776908.jpg (52 KB, 591x974)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>505379
>>
>>505379
holy hell just now noticing those pet's names and looking at their models. Very tasteful anon, the only good thing in this bread aside from my post about bfr
>>
>>505382
buzzcutpsycho (horrigan) and his entire guild were permabanned from wow cause of the circumstances surrounding that image and it's usage in a vice article
https://www.vice.com/en/article/3kxw4b/congressman-lou-correa-shames-blizzard-for-letting-nazis-run-wild-in-world-of-warcraft
>>
File: 20210917_020044.png (1.57 MB, 1679x1440)
1.57 MB
1.57 MB PNG
>>505386
never clicking that
here is a snapshot of it instead
https://archive.is/kRCj9
Going to read now.
Top kek forgot about BCP was fun saying awful things infront of the leader and only getting laughs in response instead of cuckery.
>>
no
f2p garbage
a long borng grind towards nothing

maybe MAYBE if they finally nerfed HA but it's fucking years too late for that
>>
>>505857
HA is fine, dipshit
Delete infiltrators, they are the actual reason this game is in shambles
>>
yo how big is the full install these days?
>>
>>506337
going off what steam is telling me it 15.75 GB
>>
>>506349
dope, thanks guy
>>
>>502224
ready and waiting for the vanu to stop being the dev's pet faction and for the banshee to finally get nerfed
>>
Wrel thinks the NC max is fine. That knowledge alone should make you lose all hope for this game.
>>
>>505373
>Sperg milsimmer who liked getting screamed at by some loser who gets banned from any game he tries to bring his cucks into
>>
>>506550
NC MAX sucks outside of the 10% of situations it excels in though
Mercy MAX is the shit
>>
>>506550
have you tried staying 20 meters away from the NC max?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.